Speaker 1: Meeting. Hi, welcome to the It Girl Podcast. Hi, thanks for having me. I'm so excited to be here. I'm so excited to have you. Do you want to introduce yourself to the people?
Speaker 2: I'm vet Hi, come on, oh, and thank you for saying that. And I'm a comedian.
Speaker 1: Is that? Yeah? It sud enough, no, perfect stand up.
Speaker 3: She's a stand up comedian. She's on the internet, she's doing all the things.
Speaker 2: I'm all over your internet. You're if you score far enough, you'll see me.
Speaker 3: You're so fun and I love you and you're my friend, which is so I'm so excited to have you acal and beautiful and pure, and I'm honored to have you here today. So I want to talk to you about being a female comedian because you basically have the job I'm most scared of in the entire world.
Speaker 1: And I think that's amazing.
Speaker 3: And I love that you do stand up in New York City.
Speaker 1: That is the most ballsy, badass, it girl thing I could ever imagine.
Speaker 3: That. It like, literally, when I have a nightmare at night, it's me standing on a stage and people looking at me. What did you do before you became a full time comedian?
Speaker 1: I worked in tech. Oh yeah, can you believe it? I cannot imagine that. I guess it.
Speaker 2: Well. I always sort of built my life having like a day job and then like doing my craft, and like I studied acting, like I wanted to be an actor, and then I like graduated college and like moved to New York and I was like, oh, that's not a that doesn't exist, and like I wanted to do Shakespeare too. Oh so I'm like literally a classically trained actor. And what I love about Shakespeare is that it's so over the top and like the language is crazy, and like the themes are really amazing, and.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know, I just I just love that stuff.
Speaker 2: And then I realized that that's not a real job and you can't actually just do that.
Speaker 3: So then I deserve to perform Shakespeare all day every day for money and thinks so sad that that's.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen, but no one really wants to see that. I don't but right exactly, And so I mean, listen, there's like a way to do it. I'm sure I could do it, but I don't know. I was just kind of like looking and I was like, actually, I kind of fell into stand up.
Speaker 1: Actually, what was the question? Oh I did I did TECH? I know, but that's what I wanted to know.
Speaker 3: I kind of wanted to know your journey of like what were you doing and then all of a sudden, one day you're standing on a stage performing comedy for people.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, So after COVID, I was I wanted to do sketch comedy and then because that's what I did in college too, and I was like doing UCB.
Speaker 1: COVID happened, wiped everything out.
Speaker 2: All that was left was stand up, and so I was like working my day job and then I was like, oh, let me try and do stand up at night.
Speaker 1: And then I got fired from my job.
Speaker 2: Two years in when I started like posting on the internet and like blowing out consistently. Actually know, two weeks after my first like really viral video that I was like figured out my formula kind of, then I got fired and so then I was like, oh, I guess I'm a full time comedian.
Speaker 1: Now I have to make this work.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I mean I always I never was gonna do TECH. That was never like the thing. I was just like, Oh, this is good because it's like a salary and it like I have flexible hours and it was like a hybrid sort of like schedule, so I could like be at home sometimes, go in the office sometimes. But I was definitely like taking advantage of that.
Speaker 3: I love that you're I did not know this about you, that you're a classically trained actress who wanted to do Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you were like a Jeremy Irons vibe. That wouldn't have been like who I would have said, So that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was just like my Yeah, that was sort of my launch pad. I like did Shakespeare in high school.
Speaker 1: And this is amazing. They should have put you in Hamnet. Yeah, I was booking Hamnet. Why didn't you put me?
Speaker 3: You should have been I don't remember that. I should have been Paul mescal you should have been.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: What personality trait do you have that you think would be a red flag in any other career?
Speaker 1: I say everything. Did this help you in tech? Probably not? Probably not. I couldn't keep a thing to myself.
Speaker 2: I was like literally I was like riffing in meetings with the CEO.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, one time, this is so bad.
Speaker 2: I like was talking with the CFO of the company because it was like a smaller ish.
Speaker 1: Tech I mean it was like a big it was big enough, but it.
Speaker 2: Was like small enough that like you like working on the same floor with like the CFO, and there was like a happy hour. And the CFO was this like scary woman who I was like obsessed with. But she was just like very intense and very.
Speaker 3: Powerful CFO female and tech love that kind of amazing like and she was also with homes.
Speaker 1: She was French.
Speaker 2: Oh, so she had this like very like blunt way about her, like she would look at you and be like what does that mean? In a way that I was like, wait, that's so cool because I feel people always pretend that they know what everyone's talking about. And she would be like, you didn't explain that well enough, what are you talking about? And she would like make you like really, And I was like, wait, okay, bitch, goals.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love her. I need to get her on here.
Speaker 2: So we were and she also had a sense of humor, but in a way that I couldn't read exactly, like we're dry.
Speaker 1: So we were like talking ones and I was like.
Speaker 2: We were talking about IPO in because I was like the whole thing with a tech startup and I.
Speaker 1: Literally know what is an IPO. That's amazing to see.
Speaker 2: She goes, uh, I do want to talk to you about this, but I don't know. I have a time right now, like I have to go to call. But she was like so scared. She was so worried because also I know what ipoing is.
Speaker 1: I just like I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to have a conversation I guess about like the nuances of like the pros and cons of it.
Speaker 1: But all I said was, wait, so why what is it?
Speaker 2: Which was like the kind of the funny version to say it, but so fucking insane to say to a CFO when you've worked at a company for three years where all they talk about every day is I cut too.
Speaker 1: You're fired, cut to like three weeks later, you're literally three weeks later, you're off.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm glad that your tech life and tech career didn't work out, so it was a blessing in disguise.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad kicked out of the nest.
Speaker 3: I like that because you're doing what you were meant to do, and the world would have less laughter in it if you were still working there.
Speaker 1: So they did you a favor. I love that. Thanks. So you do comedy in New York, which to me is crazy. I don't. I could not do it.
Speaker 3: That's just the most New Yorkers in are just the most intimidating, Like this is a scary city. You're not in like some small town in Ohio, and you're not like you know what I mean, Like, you're not like local celebina in the Midwest. You're in New York City. What is the worst city to perform in? And why?
Speaker 1: And is it New York? I feel les they must they're okay.
Speaker 2: New York audiences are smart and they have access to everything. I think the thing with comedy though, is that it's very subjective, and I don't think that there's like a bad city to perform in. I think that the culture of humor is different in every city. Yes, and there's local stuff. I mean, my job is to figure out what is universal enough that I can go to any city anywhere and perform and still make people laugh.
Speaker 1: And then on top of that, there's like I have fans.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, I will say New York is, Yes, New York is a competitive city.
Speaker 1: It's a hard city. I don't think any city is bad to perform in. Do you have a favorite?
Speaker 2: I have a few favorites. I mean, I love New York because it's my culture to my city. So it's like that part of it. It's like we're speaking the same language because like it's all the nuances there, you know, like I can make local jokes, I can talk about city biking, like I can do stuff like that. And I'm not like surprised by stuff anymore in this well, I mean you always are, but I have my bearings here.
Speaker 1: I also love London very close second.
Speaker 3: And that's a very very different sense of humor, different sense of humor.
Speaker 2: But they are super dark and they they really love they are dark.
Speaker 1: They love witticisms, like their culture.
Speaker 2: Is more like in words, and they're super smart.
Speaker 1: So anywhere that's like.
Speaker 2: Really cosmopolitan, I think has that sensibility just because you're you're exposed to so much more all the time every day.
Speaker 3: And I bet they appreciate your Shakespearean background.
Speaker 1: Spirts there you go.
Speaker 2: But I think more so it's just like the dark humor of at all. Like sometimes I'm in Brooklyn here and like.
Speaker 1: They just don't everyone's like, wait, am I allowed to laugh at that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of vibes because I think you have to walk into a stand up show to saying, like with the knowledge that like everything that said is a joke, it's not literal. Yeah, and if you're not that kind of person in general, Like I don't think stand up is for everybody. So like sometimes people like go to a show and they're like, wait, what like, but you have to understand that, like it's I'm saying I say really over the top things because they're insane, you know. I mean, there's obviously a kernel of truth at the core of everything. But like if I'm talking about like buying a gun, it's like it's not I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna buy a gun, not gonna buy a gun.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like more like a thought exploration or like a surprise at the end of a joke kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there anything you do before you go out to hype yourself up or you just you just go.
Speaker 1: Fullballs to the wall.
Speaker 3: I mean, I perform so much it is literally my worst fere. So if somebody puts me on a stage and says, be funny, yeah, I would rather cry.
Speaker 1: I would sit on the stage.
Speaker 3: I would mind would be more of like a performance piece, and I would be sitting up there crying.
Speaker 1: Totally and that would be the.
Speaker 3: And then you would do if not long enough, and then people be like, hah, they'd laugh until they cried.
Speaker 2: Sure, everyone would cry together at that point. I don't really do much to hide myself up anymore. I think, like, if I'm on the road, I needed to take like an afternoon nap, oh, just so I'm like, and then I try and like work out in the morning and like eat well enough that I like have full brain function because it's like I'm just always trying to like make sure my brain is available, you know, Like and I never get enough sleep, but.
Speaker 1: That would probably help. Oh, I love laughing. But otherwise, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I drink a kombucha before I go on stage. Well you're a mamte Oh she's crazy. But at the clubs, theyingly have diet coke, so sometimes I do that.
Speaker 3: They should have kombucha. This should be something we change about the comedy world.
Speaker 2: I've always said that whenever I'm began to have a rider, I mean, yeah, I'm used.
Speaker 1: To like Mazzarelli sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of get accustomed to it at a certain point, so now I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, meat chicken my yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah literally, but yeah, no, it's definitely like you don't have to like the And also because every night I like eat dinner basically like after my sat at like eleven pm, so my options are super limited and I'm not going to like cook at that time.
Speaker 3: So we need health food available for comedians exactly. This is something that people aren't where it could be like.
Speaker 1: Better at planning my life maybe if I if I ever figure that out, It's okay. I never have time.
Speaker 3: I don't eat breakfast for lunch, I basically drink a macha and then hope I don't pass.
Speaker 1: Out when that's being a girl, and you know what, that's what that's happening right now. Guess what I had today? Two cappuccinos. I've literally had a macha. I don't know what time it is, but I'm just basically trying not to pass out.
Speaker 2: And then you just go until you can and then you eat something and then you go okay.
Speaker 1: And I also have no time today to eat anything.
Speaker 3: I don't have time to date, so I guess at dinner.
Speaker 1: I'll have dinner. For sure, I'll have dinner. This is bad for all the young girls listening. Don't till starve yourself. We're just busy. We're running around and I took a cab. We're really busy. Literally, I have a croissant in my pack. Actually we should split it. That some's amazing. Do you feel like as a woman in comedy?
Speaker 3: And I mean the answer is obviously yes, But is there something specific to you and your experience that you've had that you feel like you have had to deal with as a woman in comedy.
Speaker 1: That men don't. Yeah, everything, I was gonna say it's I know it's everything, and I know it's a it's a long list.
Speaker 3: And are there things that you've personally experienced that you're like that are you're you're deeply passionate about that you really feel like are an injustice that you have had to face.
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing about being a woman in any industry is that, especially like a male dominated one, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, men don't everybody's women aren't funny, even though they are right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that narrative is changing a lot, Like I don't really hear that as much. I think people are really understanding that, like women are. I think there's also so many women that have paved the way for my for my class of women and stand up especially where like like the Amy Schumers of the world, like and I don't know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Like Eliza's Lessinger is feminine. Like there's like a few like really big uh people like Ali.
Speaker 2: Wang, like you know, doing pregnancy, yes and stuff like you can be feminine and do comedy now, which you wasn't a given that. It was like you have to be even if you are a woman, you have to be sort of somewhat masculine on stage. I think there's there's just like a hurdle of like proving yourself, proving yourself, Like even when I walk on stage, it's there are certain rooms still where I can you can just feel it, like you walk on stage and you can tell before you've spoken a word, they're like, who is this girl and why is she talking?
Speaker 1: And like that's that's just like room to room. I don't get that a lot on the.
Speaker 2: On the whole, but it is something that just like is like latent like in our culture because it's like stand up is such an exposure of our culture.
Speaker 1: And like the culture anywhere. I guess you just get like such a.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, I mean like comedy clubs historically have like favored men, but something like that is super hard to like put your finger on. You're like, am I not getting this because I'm not ready? Like maybe I should be funnier. But it's also on the other hand, you look at people and you're like, okay, well I have X y Z thing like beneath my belt, like I you know, these followers I headline internationally and then like they give and then the club books. You know, a guy who's been doing it the same amount of time as me but doesn't have the accolades that I have.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, well is that is what? What is that is that? Because I'm a woman, and.
Speaker 2: It's like super hard to like take it seriously, you're not gaslight yourself. I mean there is this like really interesting thing happening right now where there was this girl who she came forward that a comedy club owner sexually assaulted her basically like she he was he was making a joke and tried to I don't want to like butcher her account of events, but this was the video she posted online.
Speaker 1: He like tried to grab her and like her crotch as.
Speaker 2: Like he was like because she was asking about like how do I get booked on more stuff?
Speaker 1: And then according to her like try to grab.
Speaker 2: Her and hearing that really kind of because we there's it's so interesting because it's like there's a tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 1: Right where you're like, oh, I kind of feel.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not being prioritized or like other people maybe are getting things that I'm not getting because I'm aware, or maybe I'm not being taken as seriously as I should, or like you know, it's sort of like a running thing in like women that stand up like oh yeah, men are men are prioritized to like clubs whatever, Like oh but maybe that's just like comedy subjective and that's the book or like it's hard to say.
Speaker 1: But then and then I heard that, and I was like, there's.
Speaker 2: Deep, there's deeper than that, and like you don't know where it ends, right like so that's that was really eye opening for me. And I've I've obviously also had some like a lot of like a lot of like there's like avert sexual harassment. Yeah, that I've already experienced, and like that sucks. That sucks because it's like I'm trying to just do my thing and there is no hr and stand up. But on the other hand, like those are some cons but like also I work with men every single day and so many of them are fantastic and my really close friends, and like they're like brothers to me, you know, and they're so funny.
Speaker 1: So it's it's just it's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. I will say, Okay, here's here's a good example of like I think this only happened to me because I was a woman.
Speaker 1: I was booked on a big show.
Speaker 2: And I won't say what the show is because I don't want to. I mean, I genuinely think it was just like a mistake. And I don't think ill of this person necessarily. I think he made a mistake and I think he's a fucking idiot, and I would say that to his face, and I think I did. But it was a big show. He's a friend of mine, and he and I did have a romantic past, but like not really like we just like, you know, whatever, whatever, but we like there was a dalliance between us. He was short and then we immediately became friends and like we're very close friends. He started dating someone, also a comedian. She was opening for him.
Speaker 1: Did he cut you out? Did he push you off?
Speaker 2: Of the two days before the show was the biggest show of his career, and he was he asked me to open for him, and I've had him open for me, Like I mean yeah, two days before he called me and was like, I can't have you on the show because my girlfriend doesn't want you on the show, and that I was like, Okay, yes, maybe this is my fault, like shit where you eat kind of thing.
Speaker 3: But on the other hand, I'm like, you got basically got fired for dating someone.
Speaker 2: Yes, which like if we were in a corporate environment that would be illegal, yes, and like to.
Speaker 1: Retaliate against me.
Speaker 2: It was also eye opening for me because on our relationship because I was like, oh, you will only ever see me that way. Yeah, Like that was I think the most upsetting part. Like obviously losing an opportunit unity.
Speaker 1: Sucks and he's like.
Speaker 3: Dickless and like couldn't tell his girlfriend this is completely unprofessional.
Speaker 1: This is my job, this is different, This is because isn't what this is what sucks.
Speaker 2: Is that Like I engaged in that with him, knowing that if we were ever in the same comp if the tables returned, which they have been, like I've been headlining and he's been on. You know, it's just like one of those if the tables returned, I and I had a boyfriend who was like, you know, actually, like I don't I would be like, excuse me, he is, this is my job.
Speaker 1: He's a good comedian.
Speaker 2: I didn't book him because of her, because of whatever has happened between us years ago. I booked him because he's a friend and a colleague, and because he's an amazing stand up comedian. I don't ever want an opportunity because of like whatever.
Speaker 1: But it's like that's it.
Speaker 2: It was just like there was a lot of convolusion there that is sort of unclear, Like I can see it from his perspective, but also it's hard not to at the end of the day be like I'm a I'm a girl, and like this happened because I'm a girl, and I lost an opportunity in a way that I just maybe for society.
Speaker 1: There's reasons like bigger things, bigger things than the two of us.
Speaker 2: This happened, and it does feel like it does come back to the fact that I'm a woman. Whereas, like I think if the tables were turned because he's a man, if it were like a different if it were the roles reversed, I just I think it would play out differently.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that thing online that's like men should be put in jail and then just from birth and have to work their way out. Sure, that's how I feel. Yeah, I feel guilty until proven innocent. Yeah, Like truly, it never ceases to amaze me. It really, it really really doesn't. And just like just the things they get away with, it's absolutely insane to me. And I feel like that space is just so I don't want to say toxic necessarily because I don't know that that's everyone's experience or like I don't know that that's how you would describe your you know, I don't think your career is much bigger than that. But it's just so crazy to me that there's the things they get away with and the way they're able to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to do yeah. And also mind you, like he was so apologetic, he knew what he was doing.
Speaker 2: He I mean, he called me multiple times and was like I'm so sorry, but I was like, this is just like not enough his loss. I mean, yeah, I will see, we'll see how this situation plays out. I in some ways, I don't even hold it against him, Like, I know he was in a tough spot. I think I wish he were more mature. I wish he could zoom out and see it differently, you see it the way I see it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I don't. I don't think he's like I really want to reiterate, like he's not a bad person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this isn't me like coming down on him. I've had other things where people are legit bad people, but he's not one of those people. It's just like a really unfortunate byproduct of like this industry, which is like very friendship based, relationship based. I'm a girl, I'm one of the few women in stand up. I'm around ment all the time. Things happen like and it's sort of like haha, yeah, I hook up the comics and then it's like oh fuck.
Speaker 3: You know, as a stand up watcher, I feel like I love going and every time I'm like there's at least one guy that I'm like his friends told him he was funny one too many times. Like, you are only up there because your bros told you you were funny. There is absolutely no justification for you to be standing up like you and you turn you were funny in conversation once and now you're trying to turn it into a career and it's literally unbearable. But what's good about stand up is that actually it is ultimately the great equalizer because if you see someone that's not making you laugh, you don't see them again, you know, and you have to work so hard to get people laugh. I did see someone really bomb one time and like get and.
Speaker 1: He just it was so sad. I felt so bad for him. And then he just like he didn't get booed off.
Speaker 3: Essentially he got like silenced off where nobody was laughing. It was it was one of the most excruciating things I've ever watched. And I was like, this is why this is my biggest fear on planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's quite little and that's part to stand up, Like that's happened to me too, it has Yeah, Oh my god, I would cry. I did cry, Yeah, I had. I think he cried too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like sometimes you literally just fumble. Yeah, sometimes it's just a bad circumstance and like whatever they can maybe so, yeah, it happened, that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Never never will you see me up there.
Speaker 4: Never you will never see me up there.
Speaker 3: Do you think that social media is positive for comedy culture or negative for a comedy.
Speaker 2: You know as a girl because of the situations I've just mentioned it has. It is the only reason why I can do this.
Speaker 1: It is the most positive thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are parameters around the Internet that don't exist in other forms, like you have to you know, make videos that have like the hook and like blah blah blah, whereas like stan up have a little more.
Speaker 1: Leeway in that for like creativity and whatever.
Speaker 2: But I think it is made again like equalizing platform, Like anyone can do it. You just have to focus and post and work really hard. But if you put those steps in and if you're taking the care to make it happen, like you.
Speaker 1: Can do it.
Speaker 2: And I think what's cool is that now I don't have to rely on clubs and the booker or but yeah, like my only avenue isn't just relationships, which is where like in like the fall out of like me too.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like that's that was sort of how they help because there wasn't any other way in so that they were the gatekeeper. Right, there's the gatekeepers don't really exist in the same way anymore. And on the other hand, which is sort of also good and bad because then there's no taste makers either. It's all just direct to consumer, so like it's whatever works to like the masses, which is sort of like the algorithm is like the gatekeeper gatekeeper and the taste maker, which I feel like, as to some it may seem silly, but I've like it genuinely is better to hand the power back over to the general public as opposed to the creepy club wriner, which I mean in any power hierarchical system like that, there's just gonna be exploitation, Like it's just human nature, like incentives make people misbehave and like that that can happen, and again doesn't mean it's everyone. But I think what's cool is that it's it's made it possible for me to sort of just go like just build your own lane, like in so many people like men and women like you can just you can build your own lane, you know, and you can go.
Speaker 1: Directly to people and you can use your own voice.
Speaker 2: So that's been I think that's like the overall net positive thing. And I also think that it's an amazing place for creativity.
Speaker 1: You can really, you really can do whatever you want on there.
Speaker 3: And I think social media gives women so much power, and I feel like it's given women so much freedom. And I feel like the reason that being an influencer is so dismissed and so mocked is and the guys are like.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's just an influencer.
Speaker 3: She's just an influencer, and it's not taken seriously is because so many of the people that are making money through being an influencer are women.
Speaker 2: Right But then and women are jealous and also look at it, like you, if you look at who is selling tickets, who is whatever, it's those people. It's the people who have built their own audiences. And it's super hard, super hard to do. It takes a lot of focus, takes a lot of effort. It's something that I am fighting for every single day to make good content that's like true and feels authentically me and like we're I mean, your holy just so many things you're juggling. But but yeah, I think it's just been an amazing thing to I just have my own vertical that doesn't rely on someone saying yes.
Speaker 1: I can just say yes to myself and do it. Oh, I love it. I agree, we're aligned. I love it. Okay, switching gears a teeny bit. What does a normal day in your city look like for you? What are you up to? What are you doing? We got every day's a nightmare and every day is different. Every day is a nightmare. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I wake up and I go, oh my god, I'm late. Like that is like literally every day for me. I am yeah, And it's just I like try and work out in the morning, and then I have a coffee and then I don't have time to eat lunch, and then I know that, you know, it's just like the day gets away from me.
Speaker 1: What's cool?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, okay, pros and cons cool. Every day is different.
Speaker 2: I live cons. I cannot make plans. I cannot make plans ever. Like today I have this and then I'm filming a sketch and then I have to go pack because I'm going to Chicago tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And then I not Antarctica. What it's freezing, it's going to be insane. I'm going to be in an uber the whole time. I don't think I could possibly think of a worst place to go. I know this, And did I think about that at all? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Is it work? It's for work, I'm hadny. Okay, Yeah, I'm doing Chicago, Nashville and the Amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean that's like the middle of my week. And then I don't have weekends. I don't have I don't know whatever. And then at night, pretty much every night, I'm doing stand ups. Like tonight, I'm going to dinner with my parents, and then after I'm going to stand up, and then after that I might see my boyfriend because we're in town for the same for ten hours today together, like and then I leave again.
Speaker 1: He was gone. Is your boyfriend also a comedian? He's a content creator? Okay? Because I've seen him do like things with you, and so I was like, is he Oh that's not my boyfriend? Oh who did you think my boyfriend was? Wait a minute, so you have do you show your boyfriend online? Okay, okay, okay, but I think you're talking about Max Abna, who is my work wife.
Speaker 2: Got it, got it and we're we're basically siblings, okay, Fabulu, which is fun. We did do a Skim's Siblings or dating campaign together.
Speaker 1: That is who I thought was your boyfriend? Yes, yeah, yeah, everyone thinks that we are something, which we are. We're friends. Amazing.
Speaker 3: Wait but your okay, so your boyfriend is a content creator.
Speaker 1: But does do people know who your boyfriend is?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: It's a secret? Oh secret? Oh it's a sexy is a sexy secret? Now it's more like private, not secret kind of vibes. Okay, sexy private. It's all so new, so much. Oh I love this. Would you date You've said you did?
Speaker 2: I have data comedians. I think it's been a mistake every time I.
Speaker 1: Would not date a male content creator. So this is interesting. Yeah, he seems like an outlier right now.
Speaker 2: My boy my boyfriend, But yeah, I get what you're saying. It's like, uh, it takes a little bit of an interesting but at the same time, like, I'm a content creator, so I'm like and a comedian. Which are the two things that I'm saying are red flags and everybody else? So I'm like, well, you know, oh.
Speaker 1: I'm a total hypocrite. When we all find each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want anyone anything like me.
Speaker 1: So there you go. You want like a yeah, you want like a like a finance guy or something, right, just something that's just someone that's not into themselves and doesn't want to broadcast themselves and someone right, I want to manipuate himself.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, but I think that No, no, no, if you hate yourself, you are online because you need the validation.
Speaker 1: This is true.
Speaker 3: I just I'm afraid, like I don't know the guys who a man with Instagram followers would or TikTok followers, like a man who's like I gotta go make a TikTok. I'm no, yeah, I have to go make a TikTok.
Speaker 1: But don't you but you don't make it, don't you? Dare? Yeah, it's like I yeah, it's it's case by case for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it were like a guy who was like thirst trapping, like you know those guys that do like the yeah, like they're shirtless and they're like hmm and transitions, they should be punished.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 3: I could, fine, there should be a fine for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like I get it. Do what works, Like I'm I'm a whore too, but like just I don't even want to see a gym selphie. I don't even want you to own like have one on your phone, don't take photos, don't.
Speaker 2: Even look at yourself do that if you think that you're hot. I don't want to know that way.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't want to know you.
Speaker 2: It's a different I just we have different I mean, I'm such a like. What I like about anyone is like their sense of humor. Me too, So it's like that's my first and foremost.
Speaker 3: So he's funny, He's so funny, he's so many means the same sense of humor.
Speaker 1: We're like totally insane to each other. But I love this. Okay, this makes me so happy for you. I want to talk to you about dating, but we'll get to it. But this makes me very very happy, and I'm this is exciting and I love this.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite New York delusion? Mine is that I'm gonna live in a multimillion dollar.
Speaker 1: Apartment one day.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I believe this for myself, even though it's like truly never gonna happen, but I believe I will have a townhouse in the Lost Village.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, or like yeah, I think in Rook, I think you have to believe that to live here, you have to go. Yes, this is my life right now, but I.
Speaker 1: Will not be in this.
Speaker 3: I live in like a five hundred square photos maybe smaller apartment, and I believe every time I'm in there, I like, don't get down on myself because I'm like, oh, my multimillion dollar apartment is around.
Speaker 1: The corner exactly, and I think you're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not, Like, I'm definitely not gonna ever have fourteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: Do you know how hard it iss like to get fillion dollars? You know what I mean? Like, that's just I'm not gonna have fourteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: Or you have fourteen million dollars, that means you have like so much more money than that. You have like exactly million dollars.
Speaker 1: I would have to have one hundred million dollars by a fourteen dollar year and then get the fourteen and it's like, what would I know what to do with a fourteen I know it is that, but in my head, yes, I see it as I'm living there, I see myself laying in the living room and I'm like, this is my Brooklyn Brownstone and I'm in it. You can get something nice though for a two million not really like kind of like a couple of bedrooms.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even know how I would get a two million dollar apartment. My point being, I believe that it's free.
Speaker 1: Two million is fat. That's how I live here?
Speaker 3: Is I just like in my millions of dolls, I am like, I have this insane apartment that nobody could believe And like I'm walking around my fifty million dollar apartment and I'm having it. What is your New York delusion that just like gets you through being here?
Speaker 1: You have to have it? Or like I'm going to find the love of my life here. Sure it's like another deluge.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, I'm just like, you know, honestly, I'm just like addicted to the grind.
Speaker 1: Like I love like the adrenaline of it. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: I think like maybe my my delusion is that I will then I will one day be able to afford like a home outside of New York and living so I can have like a vacation house kind of vibes like an upstate or like a Hampton's kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Because that you could do that. I feel like, well.
Speaker 2: That's a similar like yeah, multimillion dollars, yes, But then I think that it's like.
Speaker 1: Practicality wise, are you coming in and out of the city?
Speaker 2: No, right, because then you also need a car yep, which I don't want.
Speaker 3: And it's like the time, and it's like you live two lives. You have your life in the city, and I know, I don't even know say they're going to do that.
Speaker 2: They just end up moving to the suburbs, right, And I don't even have enough time for my life right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, that's I like this New York delusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a good one that I could, like, I'll stay here because I have like room for that. I think my New York delusion is that I'm gonna raise my kids here because that's impossible, it's not. Yeah, And also, I don't want my kids to be crackheads and do you think that they will be if they're here?
Speaker 1: Or pretentious monsters?
Speaker 2: Right? Like all of my friends who grew up in New York did cocaine when they were thirteen, And I'm just like, do it when you're eighteen, Like, don't do it when you're thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So my New York delusion is that if I had kids here, if.
Speaker 3: You have children, you're going to and from upstate, you have a car.
Speaker 1: Yes, you am going to private school. And your kids are in private school.
Speaker 3: And but and I can keep them normal and they're normal and and you're really really happy.
Speaker 2: They're well adjusted, and they're smart, and we have a very stable family life for them, and they can take violin lessons.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love this, Yeah, I love this. What's the worst date you've been on in New York?
Speaker 1: The worst day?
Speaker 3: I feel like every day in New York is like kind of the worst date. I feel like, Okay, so I haven't had like an egregious date, like because I don't really date that much.
Speaker 1: I mostly date people that I know. And oh, I was going to say, how do you meet people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I mean I met my boyfriend like through the internet, like through Instagram, slid.
Speaker 1: In the DMS. So I slid. I know he thought girl energy. So but I wasn't even doing it like that. I was like, let's be friends, because I didn't.
Speaker 2: I just wasn't thinking about it, but he followed me first, and then I DMed him and was like, hey, it's great to connect.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, because he's in the mix, I'm in the mix.
Speaker 2: And he was sort of like newer in the content world, and I'd heard about him from like just people being like, oh my god, this guy's blowing up right now, but I'd never seen his content. And then you followed me, and I was like, oh, that's that guy.
Speaker 1: And it's great to connect.
Speaker 2: Is crazy, yeah, hilarious, thank you. And then he immediately like riffed on it and I.
Speaker 1: Was like he was like, yeah, I'm trying to what's up. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: But then before that, the reason I kept dating Comedian was dating is a strong word, but like, well, I really wasn't interested.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to think there is dating in New York. I think New York is just hooking up with people. It's not dating.
Speaker 3: Even if you go on ten dates so someone you're just the seconding them. They're like okay, so we're just looking up like it's it's either you're never going to see them again or they're like okay, so now we're hooking up.
Speaker 1: You're not. They don't go, oh, now i'm your boyfriend. Yeah, it doesn't matter if you've been on fifteen dates, 've been seeing them for two months.
Speaker 3: The second you have sex, are like, okay, we're having sex.
Speaker 1: That's my taket. I hate that.
Speaker 3: Hate that so much unless you slide in the DMS. Apparently I love that. I love It's great to connect. Well, it was more normal, boss.
Speaker 1: It was just because.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean, yeah, I think also the fact that like my relationship evolved the way it did was also because I genuinely was just like I just want to know this person.
Speaker 1: Like I wasn't thinking.
Speaker 2: About any outcome, and I think he I don't know if he was really either. I think we both kind of like thought each other were attractive, like we kind of but it wasn't like I mean because we like work in the same industry, so we weren't like thinking like, oh, this is like a.
Speaker 1: Single goal here, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think that like took the pressure off it too, And then also like it saved me from being like toxic because I was just like, well, this.
Speaker 1: Is my friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then finally he was like Okay, but I I want more than that, and I was like, oh, okay, and then I had to like not be crazy because well, I like usually you're like, oh yeah, let me text him back in like six hours or whatever, and I literally couldn't do that because I was like, well, we've already been texting his friends and you know that I text back right away.
Speaker 2: So now I'm like, fuck, I like gave my hand away. But then I don't know, but it was so nice because then we were just both completely ourselves.
Speaker 1: So that was cool. But the worst date I've ever been on I there was this guy who I met on a Hndeh. God, it's just every Hinge day, Hinge hinge hinges.
Speaker 2: They're just it's just like impossible because it's like if you're on Hinge. But I think about it like this, like if you're at a bar, you maybe there's like one person in the bar that you're like, oh, maybe like that guy's attractive, and I can feel like the vibe or whatever, and that's a bar of like two hundred people, and so you're like but and then Hinge is like swipe looking at every single person in that bar, looking at all of their like criteria whatever, and so bypasses the part where you're like, oh, what's the vibe of this, you know, and it's like anyway, So I like went on a hinge day with this guy and he was like being like weird and wishy, while she like he was like, oh wait, I'm supposed to be zoom with my friends tonight, and I was like, oh, okay, let's cancel, Like what the fuck that's a crazy thing to say, like.
Speaker 1: And also, my life is a nightmare. I have to meet people after shows and stuff.
Speaker 2: So I was like it was like a Monday night and I had a show and then I was like, I can meet you at nine pm, you know, which like people fucking like hate that, Like I mean, my boyfriend likes it, but yeah, but you know what I mean, Like it's it's like inconvenient for like normal life, and so.
Speaker 1: I like he was like, oh, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I was like okay, great, that's not then and he was like and I was like, well, clearly I'm never going to see you again, like I don't need this, and then he was like no, it's too it and I was like okay, so I like show up. He I wasn't drinking at the time because I for a second thought I was allergic to alcohol.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other side story. But I didn't.
Speaker 2: I basically didn't drink for like two years, and then I ended up actually not being anyway.
Speaker 1: It was something else fine.
Speaker 3: But he he had a drink already when I got there.
Speaker 1: I've shown up to handshakes and I already drunk. That sucks. That fucking sucks.
Speaker 3: And then I ordered a tea, like a hot tea because I'm not drinking. I've done this, and he didn't offer to pay for it, and I was like that's two dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you not pay for this? Like that's just basic chivalry, Like we're on a date. Like that's crazy. So I was like okay, so I like pay for my tea. We like sit down and then we're like chatting. It's like literally like no vibes at all, Like.
Speaker 1: He seemed fine but whatever.
Speaker 2: And then like he starts telling me like, oh yeah, I'm doing shrooms to like get through the day now. And I was like, oh what, and he's like yeah, like makes me better at my tech job.
Speaker 1: I was like that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then I like and then I like go to the bathroom in the middle and like and then I'm like, Okay, how do I get out of this situation? I like come back and I'm about to be like okay, like let's wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he goes, so do you like to rave? And then I go, oh, do you do like a ton of drugs?
Speaker 2: And he was like yeah, and like one of my friends died recently, but like I really like doing like a lot of drugs, like blah blah.
Speaker 1: And I was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, like no, and then I told him like, oh, I have this really big like opportunity tomorrow, and he just like glossed over that.
Speaker 1: Like it was just like totally like just could not be speaking.
Speaker 3: Different, Like I've had identical experience. I feel like I've had an identical experience. Yeah, that is just that's New York men.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: He was just it was one of those things where I was like, you were so deeply like running from your own life.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like, oh I do drug Like I don't think that doing drugs inherently is a problem, but I was like, I can tell that the reason you're doing this is because you are so unhappy.
Speaker 3: Do you trauma dump on men on dates? Yeah, or do you feel like they traumed up on you both?
Speaker 1: But I like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I trauma up on them and they never traumed up on me. Oh okay, I feel like I'm the trauma dumper.
Speaker 1: And I was curious your take on that.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm a crazy person. So I like to just tell everybody everything, and like, I'm like, I want to I literally meet you, and I'm like, okay, let's start with every bad thing that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: Totally okay, yeah, no, totally. Actually, I was on a date with a guy who I liked. He's like a friend, he's he's a friend and straight up like he cried on our first date about his life or because of what you told him, because.
Speaker 1: Of what I ask asked. I asked a pointed question.
Speaker 3: I think making a man cry on the first dade is the sexiest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: No, that, And then I was like, well, we're in love probably, Oh man, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: Love? For that was amazing? That was the best date. I love that.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. That was a great date. Men should be not afraid to cry. I feel like I'm out here telling my secrets. I'm out here telling everything, and I just get like the most boring is nothing, just absolutely nothing back.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so I hope my boyfriends. I'm out at me for saying this, but I told him I told him something about my life m and he like teared up and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, that makes men cry on dates. I love this.
Speaker 3: I need to make more men cry. You gotta just like really be available. That's like the best I think dates.
Speaker 2: What is cool about dates is that it is like a weird side plot where you can really you kind of have like leeway to ask anything you want.
Speaker 1: There's no like polite yeah, like oh, like we're coworkers.
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to like pry or like, oh we're friends, so I'm going to like stay away from like this topic because we're just like here to have fun. It's like you can really like dig in with someone and like really get to know them because that's like what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it's like I want to know what makes you tick, and so that makes you cry, well, yeah, I want to make you cry. I'm gonna start sitting down and going what makes you cry makes you cry because I'm gonna do it right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing I like to ask a room full of people is what's your deepest darkest secret?
Speaker 1: Do you ask guys that on dates?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if there's a lull in conversation, because it usually gets a laugh and then they don't really answer, but like it's kind of fun to just sort of open the door.
Speaker 3: I was at a bar one time and this guy was going around asking everyone to write down their deepest darkest secret on a piece of paper and then he was gonna put it into a cup and then pull it out and start reading it to everybody. And he did it to like six of This was a bleaker street bar, and he did it to like.
Speaker 1: Just a random guy in Galaxy printed leggings. Cauch was crazy.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, he might be from the future, so I feel like we should listen to him. Yeah, he's he pulls out he keeps a pen and paper in his pocket. He pulls out pen and paper, gives it to us to the table next to us. The table next to us, et cetera, gets like thirty six answers, comes back and is just reading like the most unbelievably fucked up things you've ever heard in your entire life. It was absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it does for him, but this is like his This is like his thing that he got.
Speaker 3: So fascinating because then everybody, because you don't know who it is, you know, you're in a room full of people with these things, with these secrets. It was absolutely insane. People were saying the craziest shit. It was like, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: What was the craziest thing that they said? Somebody?
Speaker 3: Oh, there was like cooking up with family members. There was like somebody somebody like cooked up with their cousin.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 2: Um.
Speaker 3: There were things like there was like boring things like anal like that wasn't exciting. Yeah, And I'm trying to think what else. I was just I was more so focused on him, like he was the fascinating thing to me, Like I was like, I don't care that this girl's hooking up with their cousin. I want to know why you're out here doing this at a bar during a football game in the middle of the day in galaxy leggings. He was crazy, and he said, like he gets people to admit absolutely anything to.
Speaker 1: Him, So he does that's his special skill. So he knows, yes that that is his thing. That he can get people to admit anything, and it really is genius. I feel like more people should be doing this. He'd be a good podcast host. I know. I don't know where he is in this world. Yeah, well he's probably a galaxy. Yeah he's he can't be picked. Yeah, he doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love connecting with people. I love connecting with people.
Speaker 2: And I think one thing that I think drives like everything I do, is that I feel crazy all the time because I'm like, I'm like, is everyone just feeling this and we're all just walking around like nothing's happening, Like like everything that happens to me, I'm like shocked by.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, oh wait, let's talk about this because.
Speaker 2: Like and then I and then I talk about it online, are on stage and then everyone's like, oh my god, totally, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, so you just weren't gonna say anything. I feel like that's why you're so successful is because you are like the most relatable.
Speaker 3: Like everything you put online, I'm like, this bitch gets me. I just like know what you're talking about, and you just like.
Speaker 1: You get it. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Has dating in New York taught you anything about yourself?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I'm so the funny part about it is that I'm like, I've never really like dated dated like that, Like I don't do that. I like, especially now that I have like internet stuff going on. It's like super hard to like, I can't really be like on hinge because it's just I don't know so many people recognize me usual memes they don't or like, I don't know, it's just like a weird dynamic.
Speaker 1: And then I just don't really know.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I know what people want from me all the time, which sounds like kind of like a crazy thing to say, but I think that's sort of complicated thing.
Speaker 1: So I and then I.
Speaker 2: Like, but I guess always I've I've kind of just preferred to like keep the circle a little bit tighter just because because I was because as every woman has been assaulted at one time, that was I've that's been my protective mechanism is always like let's let's hang with people that you know, like it'd strangers freak me.
Speaker 1: Out, but incredibly fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I've always kind of wanted a lot of context on somebody before like taking that step with them.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like being online has that taught you a lot about yourself?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like that's been something that's like caused like a really big evolution for you For me massively.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I I think it's actually made me like lose myself a little bit. Really, yeah, just because like I guess I know what my voice is a lot more like creatively, like I think I have to like do a lot of work to like really touch base with myself.
Speaker 1: And really be like, wait, who are you? What makes you laugh? Like whatever? Because I I there's so much exposure.
Speaker 2: And it's hard sometimes to not get tied into like outcomes and like oh the Scott views, so like that means I'm good, you know what I mean? Like that that part is hard not to get sucked into, and so it takes work to like be like these are my friends, this is my family, m h. These are the people that matter in my life, like every day that I need to focus on, you know, and then everything else is like entertainment and noise and like whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it means a lot to me to be able to talk the way that I talk, and like share the way of share and stuff. But yeah, I think it's I think the cool thing is that just being in comedy in general has taught me so much about human behavior h and what makes people tick, what's what's universal HM, Like I don't necessarily know that something is relatable and then I say it and it goes viral and then everyone's like commenting and they're like this happened to me, and I'm like WHOA, Like that's cool because then you're like creating community. But yeah, it's it's kind of like a big it's like a it's like being in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your experience with it?
Speaker 3: I have found that it has, yes, the lose yourself aspect of like trying.
Speaker 1: To please other people and doing things for other people.
Speaker 3: But for me, I've just like met so many people in real life through doing it.
Speaker 1: And it's also I thought that it was something that was gonna make me crumble.
Speaker 3: And I thought that like criticism or hate or being attacked or something would really like break me. And then when it didn't, I was like, I don't give a shit. Actually, I thought I cared a lot about what other people think, and I just realized that I really truly don't even a little bit kind of at all, And that was something I would have never I would I wouldn't have known if I didn't try, you know what I mean, I wouldn't have known if I didn't put myself in that position. And then I've had things happen and I've been like, just had crazy things happen.
Speaker 1: On the Internet, and I'm just like, oh, I actually don't.
Speaker 3: That means literally nothing to me at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I didn't know that, and that.
Speaker 3: Was something I'm very grateful for from doing being online and being on TV just being like, yeah, it really means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever.
Speaker 2: You can build boundaries in your own brain, right Yeah, Yeah, yeah, sure, and I feel like I really have. Yeah, and that's great whatever. I will say, like the hate stuff doesn't really bother me. Every once in a while, there's like a cat I feel like I've.
Speaker 3: Caught astray here there, and I'm like, oh, yeah, because then it's like if it's on your most insecure about in the entire world and you never wanted to hear it, yeah, And then that's next to a thousand comments of people being like you're the best.
Speaker 1: I love you, and then you know, why did they say that?
Speaker 2: And it's like one random ass like whatever. Yeah, but that's not the norm for me.
Speaker 1: Most of the time.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I'm dedicated to like what I think is funny, and I think if you just like focus on like this is what I'm doing and this is what I'm focused on, then like the rest of it feels more like noise.
Speaker 3: Think what is something in the next year or things in the next year career wise that you want to speak into existence?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think my next thing is I just don't want to get stagnant.
Speaker 1: Right now. I'm in.
Speaker 2: A really like creative period where I want to just I want to play and I want to try a bunch of things and I don't want to be worried about outcomes. I think I got a little bit in my head about like I know that face the camera works, and like that's that's what I do and I.
Speaker 1: Stand up and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But like, and I'm always trying new jokes on stage because that feels like safe for me because I can like fail and people don't necessarily like no or like that room full of like forty people or whatever knows, but they don't remember and this doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 2: The Internet feels a lot more like set and Stone because you kind of like one shot, like yeah, do that and it lives forever. Thing, yes, but also the.
Speaker 1: Internet moves so fast everything get married.
Speaker 2: It's like people don't actually give a shit and they don't care, and everyone's worried about their income and their boyfriend and they're like mom, you know. It's like so you have to remember that too, but like, yeah, I think the next thing. I think the biggest thing this year is just experiment. I just want to see what happens. I have some ideas that I'm like trying to build towards, Like I want to double down on my podcast and like see what's possible there an experiment with mediums. I'm writing more sketches, like I'm feeling one filming one after this, Like I just want to get freaky on it. I want to get kooky. I just want to, Like I think it's hard. I think I got a little bit focused on like, well, who someone's gonna give me something?
Speaker 1: But I forgot that, like I already have it all, I already have everything. I already have a full platform.
Speaker 2: I already have the ability to create anything I want anything, and like speak in the way I want.
Speaker 3: I want to start a sub stack. That's what I'm speaking into existence. I love it so much. It has fulfilled my heart in so many ways. And I know that sounds stupid, especially because mine is like very fashioned and very much like here's a link.
Speaker 1: But I love it because you can just do like whatever whatever you want. You hit new posts and you're like, wow, I could literally write anything I wanted. And there's times where I've sat down to write, like, oh, I'm going to write new shopping finds that I found this week, and then I'm like, I'm actually faring.
Speaker 3: Very emo and I would really like to just talk about this. And then I write.
Speaker 1: Something that's like from the heart and I don't know why. I don't know why I just did that, or like why I went this route, but it just felt like that's not what I want to talk about. I don't know. I was like, it literally feels like a diary, and the audience is very intimate and really sweet and really supportive, and it's very like it's very curated you're kind of getting like the upper echelon of the Internet, not the like people with fake Nobody has a fake substack so they can hate you know what I mean. You're getting the people who really want to read what other people have to say and are genuinely interested. It's not like there's no trolls yet, it's not right, So it's literally just people who want to be there and they like.
Speaker 2: To want to read, Like paragraphs is something you have to sort of have a certain amount of like care and attention you want to give it so.
Speaker 1: And you really feel like you know the pert.
Speaker 3: I've read things that people people will write really deep personal essays on there and you read it, You're like, wow, I really feel like I know her, And you would never feel that way through looking at a TikTok even listening to someone's story time. It's not the same as reading their words. It really like draws you to them.
Speaker 2: You must start a substack because I wanted to start experimenting with personal essays because I do a lot of writing on my own just.
Speaker 1: To like figure out where I'm at, Like I journal a ton.
Speaker 2: And then like I'll sort of pick out funny things from here and there, and that's like how I write and evolve. But yeah, but I was like that also like liberates me from having to write something that's like funny funny, funny, funy, funny all the way through.
Speaker 3: And you can It's not one of those things where like with TikTok there, it's not like, oh, if you don't produce the same thing every week, it doesn't you know what I mean TikTok and Instagram, it's like you have to do the same thing.
Speaker 1: We on our consistency. We like consistency. If it works, we want you to give it to us. You could like write an experiment about a stand up thing you had one day. You could write like, oh, I thought of the funniest joke and write that and be like, you know, how hilarious is this?
Speaker 3: And then you could be like, here's something that I really want to talk about that I think we need to discuss and people will stick by and read it. It is like it's literally like a diary and the people that are reading it really want to read it. You're not like forcing it on them, you know what I mean. They're like want to be very opting in it has been it sounds so stupid, especially if you saw my substock because it's literally the.
Speaker 1: It girl guide. It's like, not my life. You're like, buy this topic. I'm literally like this. I'm like, here's the link for the Twitter. I'm Wally.
Speaker 3: But it's just cool to do whatever you want because you're not. Everything else is like you have to give Instagram what it wants, you have to give TikTok what it wants, you have to cons you can just like do what I love that And people are really well read on there, and people write really beautiful things, and it just I really feel like it is It's like a subsection of the Internet that I'm like, Okay, I want to talk to these people. I want to talk to people who actually like read a book and go outside. It's those people that I think you would love it, and I will subscribe and I will read. I want to read your personal essays. I feel like the manifest your emotions. You can really put yourself and your feelings into it exactly. And I also write poems, so you're a Shakespearean girl, we know this. No literally poems actually, I see also a lot of poems on there, great a lot of poems, and I see people reshare them to TikTok and they like people really really resonate that, like people do entire TikTok pages that are just like poems I read on substock this week.
Speaker 1: WHOA Like I feel like that's where a lot of.
Speaker 3: Poetry is probably living on the Internet these days, because I don't know.
Speaker 2: Because it's super vulnerable to share that side of myself. But also, like I've written, not every poem I write is good, but like some of them, I'm like, this this actually is bigger, has legs or I think could be nice to share.
Speaker 3: And you have options if you want to put things behind a paywall, or if you don't, and some of the benefits of putting it behind a pay walls, then it's only your paid subscribers too, So like some people do write, I don't judge when people put the really intimate stuff behind a pay wall, because I'm like, maybe they just want to make sure that only the people who really want to read it are reading it. I don't necessarily think's because they want to make money off of it. They already have those subs, So like you can decide is this something I want to talk to? Like these hundred people, or do I want to send this to every I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I am a I am a big advocate. I feel like every woman should have like her own little blog where she can talk.
Speaker 1: You know, girls, girls should have blogs. Girls should have It's so true. Men should not, well some men some mentioned No, actually I shan't know.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't. I don't want to read what you have to say.
Speaker 1: I've heard it. I've seen every book. I've seen it all being flooded. Yes, we know how you feel.
Speaker 3: Okay, last question, Okay, who do you think is the ultimated girl and why does she inspire you? Oh?
Speaker 1: My god? Who's the ultimated girl? And it can be many. It does not have to be a celebrity.
Speaker 3: It can be someone close to you, can just it could be a comedian who you feel like, you know, did something for you and your career in a way. So it can be anybody doesn't even have to be a real person.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna be this is so like cheesy, lame my mom. No, that's great, I think my mom.
Speaker 1: I'll cry. I'm about to cry. I I'm I'm gonna cry. The wait, why am I crying? So awesome. I've never really talked about Wait, that's so crazy. This question is meant to be, Like the whole point of the question is You're supposed to talk about a woman that like changed your life and say something nice about another woman, And that's emotional.
Speaker 3: Peak behind the garden of like who I am actually is like me, I'm crying all the time.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: I'm also gonna get my period like tomorrow, so just know that. Take this with a grain of salt. No, I think my mom is amazing. My mom is like the like most solid and like strong person, and she's such a great mother and she's so dedicated to like to her children and so altruistic.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Queen, I didn't know we had tosses. I would have to get RAI. This is like the craziest thing I've ever done. I've literally like cried on TV.
Speaker 3: It's okay, immediately I'm like known as the girl that cried on TV.
Speaker 1: Now that's like my claim to fay I were if I were on somehow, I would cry.
Speaker 3: I was the first person to ever cry the first day, that's really and I.
Speaker 1: Cried every day after that. So oh good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, No, I think Also my mom, she is she worked in a male works in a male dominated industry.
Speaker 1: She's she.
Speaker 2: Has I think she just has a really strong sense of self and it's so just like she so just like loves to laugh and loves to be open, and like she's so loving, and they clearly.
Speaker 3: Shaped who you are, and it shaped the fact that you were able to go into it. And I do think that every anytime a woman goes into a male dominated an industry, it like has a it's a domino effect, like it wouldn't happen without that woman and that woman before her and that one before her.
Speaker 1: So that is a big deal. That's a huge part of your life, right, she clearly inspired that.
Speaker 2: And also I think she works really hard to make sure that my priorities were like what I want and not get caught up in like you know, this is what everyone's doing, and like everyone's getting married at twenty nine, so like you have to get married, Like that was never part of my Like, like my mom just like wants to make sure that I'm good and like I am happy, and like she's so encouraging and she's so loving, and she just like will listen to me complain about everything forever and just like be such a good sounding board and like such a strong presence in my life. But also just I think just the way that she interacts with like the people in her life is just such an amazing thing to watch because she's so calm and like nothing gets to her. I mean, I'm sure it does, and she's my mom, so she like pretends it doesn't. God, I wish I had that power, I know, because I also think that everything gets to me.
Speaker 1: You go, everything gets to me, and you can tell within three second.
Speaker 2: And I have no poker face, but like my mom can just like she just can sort of zoom out and like really stay even killed and like and yeah, and like when she's with you, like you feel like you're the only personal world because she's like will give everybody so much attention to and you can feel her like the way that she loves. I'm like, no one, no one has anything bad to say about my mom, Like it's it's so nice. And I just think that she has such strong like values and priorities, and I think that that's really beautiful and I'm just so lucky.
Speaker 1: That's so beautiful. She sounds so magnetic. She that's an IT girl. That's the best answer. I would love your mom. She sounds incredible.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 3: I hope I get to meet her. Sounds like an amazing IT girl. What's her name? Barbara, Barbara? Shout out Barbara, shout out Barbara. Ultimately girl, Barbara.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love her to talk about my family that much, but yeah, it's yeah, she's she's the best.
Speaker 3: And it's funny too, because like I'll tease my I mean, I do talk about my family a little, like I'll tease my dad online or like in some of my jokes in my set, and I literally have nothing to say about my mom because I'm like, she's just kind of.
Speaker 1: Like perfect, and I know, I I guess like a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Say that about their parents or like, especially when you're younger, you're like, well my parents are perven, but like I'm nurse okay and totally but like yeah, no, I just feel like, I mean, yes, everyone is flawed, but I think I don't know, I just think that my mom has just done like a lot of you know, enough work on herself to not be and she's I'm not not flawed at all, but you know what I mean, Like she's just she's really special, powerful and just like likes to read and like hang out with my dad and I think and my dog and go to lunch with me.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, Barbara, we love you. Where were your special girl and a true A girl? And that's that's really.
Speaker 3: What being an A girl is in my opinion. That's that's the whole point of this. The whole point of why we're here is to shout out these amazing women. Okay, not to switch gears on you harshly here, but yeah, do you want to shout out your socials.
Speaker 1: Crying about my mom on the A Girl Podcast? Yes?
Speaker 2: I uh vetsy get on Instagram and ye have it on TikTok y e v I t randomly, but if you look up Eve, it'll come up. And then yeah, I mean, if you want to see me on tour, that's I'm touring the country right now and you should come out to a show.
Speaker 1: And also I'm doing a regular show in New York, so if you're in New York, freaking come.
Speaker 3: I love it fantastic, Thank you so much for coming today. I had so much fun with you. You're the best and I love getting my new York, my funny New York at girls. That means so much to me.
Speaker 1: And although I really wasn't funny today on this podcast, but hey, she might cry on tour. Go see here, go watch me try.
Speaker 2: One thing is usually I laugh until I cry on podcasts, and then the leak the last two I did.
Speaker 1: I have this one included.
Speaker 3: I have cried, cried, so you know what, that's fine. I cried before I got here. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is because we keep not eating and just this is where it comes out.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 2: And then we cry just caffeine and no food at all, and then you're like, why am I so cryy today?
Speaker 1: We're doing the best that we can. Okay, we're New York, We're just women in New York City. This is so hard. Thank you so much for listening, and stay tuned next week for another It Girl Girl
Speaker 3: H