Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome into Leading Off. I am the Welsh that is Bubba and Leading Off is brought to you by Price Picks. Go and check them out today. Use the promo code Leading Off get a one hundred percent matchup to one hundred bucks. Welcome into the show where Bubba and myself we'll be talking about the latest news, answering your questions. Where in the world are Welshin, Corbin Ka Roll, Price Picks Bets, home run calls. That's what we got on the docket today, Bubba, damn it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes we do. I was like, where are you going with this one? Yes we do. It's gonna be a fun day, fun Wednesday. I can't wait to find that we're Cormyn Carrol on the Welsh are after having a little sies still on Monday, so I'm really curious to see. You know, he's still short, looks banged up. Maybe he's in an operating room. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we're actually going to talk about him in just a little bit. There's been a lot of chatter online. I want to talk about the Rookie of the Year stuff that's going down with him, because I think that race that looked like it was who was the horse that won the secretariat? The secretariat looked like it was a secretariat one. I'm just hoping Gorby Carroll doesn't get turned into glue after this is where I'm going with it, because the race is slowing down just a tiny bit. I do want to remind you guys, as we have done and I'm going to do the rest of the way. You guys have fantasy questions, drop them into the chat. I will ping them and we will have a segment here in just a little bit where we're going to answer any your fantasy questions, your starts, your sits, you could be asking about, dudes, whatever you got, we will be answering all of them. But let's kick the show off today talking about the absolute garbage show that is the White Sox. And while we were gone the White Sox, they s canned the entire management crew and it just continues to get worse. So you had Kenny Williams and Ricon fired gone. See ya report came out today that looks like they are going to hire Chris gets Former like a basement utility player, to be their new manager. But also what came out with it was the team being interviewed, Eloy jimen Is being interviewed completely just nothing, I've got nothing. And then the White Sox their TV coverage after with Ozzie Keihan and them just absolutely tearing apart the team, blaming the players for everything that's gone on with the culture stuff. So, you know, the fantasy relevance here is tough. I will say, I think you're gonna get a dragged White Sox team the rest of the way through media is dragging them management. There's a lot of blame, seems like just awful, awful vibes that are going on with the White Sox, which you know, from a fantasy perspective, if you've got questions about players, maybe you don't want to go out there. We know with fringy ish players, I don't trust some of the pitchers. I'm not trusting Kopek today. I just want to get your take on the White Sox situation.
Speaker 2: It's that meme of a dumpster on fire. That's the gift you're looking at right there. The crazy thing is we thought we hit rock bottom with Tony the Russo last year. We thought things would be better this year. Uh huh, like you said, the Eloy thing was just so telling. Well, first off, you have first you had the Middleton and lance Lynn basically saying, yeah, the clubhouse sucks is what it comes down to. And then they ask Eloy, does anybody trying to become a leader say they want to be a leader? He says nope, that was his answer, and it's like, wow, that's that's bad right there. What I want to know is was this like different when jose Or Brady was there because he felt like kind of the elder statesmen. They have a lot of Latin players. But then again that was last year and that was still a problem. So I don't know, it's a mess. They're talking about moving to Nashville like they have all kinds of stuff going on.
Speaker 1: There's no anything to Nashville. I don't I don't buy any of that stuff, but a brain you definitely was a leader. They've got a lot of Cuban players that are in there. And the problem, I guess is like when you only had one real actual clubhouse leader and then that person's gone, no one was a step up. I mean, Luis Robert literally came out like a month or so ago, and it's like, yeah, I'm not a leader. He doesn't want to be did the old like Charles Barkley Like, I don't want to be a leader.
Speaker 2: I'm here to hit bombs and steal a few bags. It's about it.
Speaker 1: Well, he always not around the clubhouse enough. He's always injured and he's always on the il so.
Speaker 2: He's not the operating Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there is a mental aspect to this that you know that this White Sox team, it's sluggish and poor. Between Tim Anderson's garbage the whole year and then and Eloy Jimenez with injuries and production, Luis Robert has been a really a really solid bright spot. But it's gonna it's a disaster and I'm just predicting here, complete wipe. There's going to be a huge old wipe of this team in the offseason. You can't do anything with Robert unless you really want to blow it up and you want to change out the you know, the structure of the team. I don't think they do that. I think Vaughan and Robert are probably untouchable. I don't think a single other player is untouchable on this team, and they I think they're going to implode this roster next season.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna have to. So why can you man me laugh with this too, saying, uh, she took eighty three and a half win line, And I agree with you. Is there anything worse, by the way, than being so right about something and not not just putting every dime you have in I had this my bets on Monday. If you guys listen, absolutely smashed my bets. I wish I had bet my entire account on them. There's no worse feelings. This would be a really big one.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna say, I'd say that the craziest thing that it's gonna be tough to figure out that this White Sox. Though you mentioned Vaughn, you mentioned in Robert, it's how do you get a leader to come to the team, because that's how they're going to do it. They're not gonna build it from within. That's obviously what's taken place here. So you got to sign free agents that are willing to be leaders. Obviously that might start with like your manager and whatnot, but you still need players in the clubhouse. Players respect players before the managers. And I'm really curious to see how that's going to play out.
Speaker 1: Well. The the other key is going to be like, who is it? Who does this team think they are? Like, are they going to They've got some young pieces. Now, if you want to talk, I'm I'm saying I think there's a lot of underperforming going on. I also want to throw out that, you know, with young guys getting some extra run, you may have some players that step up. Lenyon Sosa, the team is finally going to let him get some run. That might be a deeper league middle infielder that you can take a look at. And if they do that, you know, are they going to build pieces that are going to be two years away or are they going to try to just fix it and go right back out. If you go back out and fix it, then I don't know if you trade Ceas, I don't know if you even consider Robert Andrew Vaughn seems to be a core piece to this team. If you are going to completely play a rebuild, then se should go. You know, because someone asks like what pieces do they have? Well, Tim Anderson's going to get something. Dylan Ceese is definitely something you can put out there and get multiple But after that, you're right like it starts to kind of fall apart. The team is pretty bare. It is a bit of a disaster, a turnaround, and I'm curious at how serious is turned around. You believe Jesus Lozardo, So Lozardo amazing through the year, Joe Piezapia, every time we come on, is no fallen apart to the point that we've talked about not only maybe sitting, but if it's going to continue to go. You can't trust Lazardo at all. Well, record seven strikeouts over six shutout innings. On Tuesday against the Padres, he had a thirty four percent swinging with rate, which was solid thirty one percent CSW. I went and looked at his usage roughly the same, maybe a little bit less on the slider than he usually uses, but it was still in the twenties. The same three pitch mix was going on. He also had an uptick on velo across the board between probably on average about a half mile an hour, so he was pulling it back a little bit. Do you take this outing against the Padres as a sign of trust for Hazes Lozardo moving forward regardless ish of the matchup.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't. I'm still kind of wary of what's going on. I think he's a great pitcher. He's going to be a great pitcher someday, but I think he might be hitting a wall as well this season. My thing is, as I mentioned in on my DFS show, is the Padres are one of the biggest juckle on hide offenses you will face all season long. They like, show up one day, don't shove another. It doesn't matter if they're facing. It's just weird like that. So I'd have to see Lizardo do it again type thing before I really buy back in.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, I feel like it would be a good The Padres and the White Sox would be a good team to talk to each other, like, you know, you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Tatists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't go so well, but like, like, let's just hypothetically, I don't think they would consider trading Robert. The White Sox would. But let's say they did well. How about the Tatis. You know, if you're looking at all the money that's out there, what if that team, you know, Tatis, goes back to the White Sox. I love, I love that idea, And then you know, I don't know how the pieces work. The only problem with that trade is, like you know, the White Sox, maybe Tatis is not a good team leader, and if you were to trade Robert, you probably want like a bunch of pieces to rebuild that team. But I mean, I think the Padres are another one of those that there's gonna be some version of an overhaul that they're gonna have to do next year because this nucleus doesn't work.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work, SODA's not going to be around for long. They can't afford to pay all these guys.
Speaker 1: So yeah, on the Lozardo thing, just one last thing was you know, Lee was mentioning, you know, he's never pitched more than one hundred innings. He's at one forty. Now there's definitely the slowdown on the wall that's going on. And I look at this as like the inconsistent pitcher that's going to be out there. So semi favorable matchups like Brewers, Padres, those are kind of like in the top end of what I would do. Obviously, like the lower end guys I would jump in. But if you're going against higher power offenses, guys that make a lot of contact, that would be like a Diamondbacks team makes you know, a decent amount of contact, Those would be the teams. I might hesitate a little bit putting him out there, especially if you are gripping to ratios in whatever capacity. So pay attention to that. But a very very good sign for Lozardo. So here's my question before Bubba. Matt McClain versus Corbyn Carroll has been a serious uptick in conversation, whether I like it or not, whether I'm listening to it or not, that the Rookie of the Year race is not locked now. I went to look this morning on DK and there was no sign of the NL. They do just don't want you to even bet it because Corbyn Carroll's had it. But a lot of people have been pushing the narrative of Matt McClain so and not being the biggest homer on the planet and saying it's locked up like I have with Corbyn Carroll. I want to present it to the audience and I want to present it to all the peanuts and Crackerjacks if you guys have an opinion, because what Matt McClain has done this year has been phenomenal. He is going to push Jonathan India off of his job. He's been the most consistent read. We all talk about Ellie Day La Cruz, but if not for Matt McClain, this team probably wouldn't be as good as they've been this entire year. So here are the two. Here are the stats. I'm going to give you across and you tell me is there really a race going on? So let's start with Matt McClain. The most impressive number to Matt McLain right now, and one of the biggest things if you're looking at real baseball, is war. He's got a three point two war, which I believe actually didn't look at this, but I believe this is the second highest of any rookie so far this year, and it's growing and it continues to grow. He actually has a three point two war in around one hundred less at bats in Corbyn Carroll statistically fourteen homers, eleven stolen bases, fifty eight runs, forty five RBI, hitting two ninety five in. Like I said, I think it's about four hundred at bats. It's pretty good. Corbyn Carrol. Corbyn Carroll has a four point two war that's about a full war higher than him in one hundred plus at bats, twenty one homers that is seven more than McLain, thirty eight stolen bases that is twenty seven more than McLain. He's hitting twenty points lower at two seventy five, but he has thirty more runs. He has eighty eight runs and sixty one RBI. That's more RBI. So I ask you, is there anything that Corbyn Carroll can do or not do to win that Rookie of the Year award for Matt in favor of Matt McLain.
Speaker 2: Keep slumping for the next month of the season. Yes, yes, So do.
Speaker 1: You think you think if he stanks it up, Matt McClain can come in and be mister I snatched?
Speaker 2: It would have to be worst months of baseball. Like, I find it hard to see Corby and Carroll not winning it. But McClain, especially the ballpark he plays in, He's gonna putup pretty good numbers the rest the way. That's gonna be the helper. It should be Carol. He's done it for a full season from from the go. But this this does not look good. And honestly, the shoulder engine. What if he hits the I L and now he's out for a while. Like there's a lot of scenarios that take place here at court.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that so that's a fascinating one because here's a couple of comments in here. Jason says McLain is great, but Carroll is a lock Wonkey said the I agree with this. The only thing McClain has his recency bias because.
Speaker 2: He's been so good that that is a key that w a large chunk of recency bias. Though he's done it for It's not just like a couple of weeks here. He's done it.
Speaker 1: No, No, And I think one of the biggest things that works in favor of Matt McClain and why I think it's going to be eye opening when we look at how we're drafting him next year. Matt McClain has been good all year long, no doubt about it. He's just I don't know if there's been a given strake I didn't pull it up and I don't want to send us on a whole thing, but he's been consistent the entire year where Corbyn is not. Corbyn coming out of the break the first thirty days coming out of the break was hitting like two twenty. He started the season off without having a walk through three weeks. He has been inconsistent. Matt mcclin has never been inconsistent. But if Corbyn Carroll were to stop playing today, does anyone really think Matt McLean can take that over. Let's say Matt McClain gets to twenty homers, he gets a twenty stolen bases war is about the same. Can he still even take that award from Corbyn Carroll if Corbyn Carroll just stopped playing right now, because I just want to remind you that, like the War is fun, but categorically it's not even remotely close between these two players. Corbyn Carroll destroys out of the batting average twenty seven more stolen bases, seven more homers, thirty more runs. The only thing that he could catch that would be well, I'm just saying, the only thing he could catch would be homers and probably RBI and it would still be three categories. He's not getting steals.
Speaker 2: But you know, if we don't use war, what is it good for? So we got that going. The one thing I will say I did a too early DC on Tuesday night. Mclan went picked fifty four middle round four.
Speaker 1: I think he goes higher next year. I think he legit can.
Speaker 2: Say we're talking in the recency bias game, like with a guy a bunch of quote unquote guys that play this for a long time now. He went pick fifty four. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not surprised about that. I just I'm very interested in it, and you know, like I would be, I'd be sad, and I think it would be kind of a bad call if if that were to not go to Corbin at the end of the day because of this. But like Matt McClain has made it a race, and I think everybody in here kind of agrees. Yeah, so McClain only had a bad stretch for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Here's a question for you, Okay, who has a better shot of losing their award? Ronald Cunr Junior or Corbyn Carroll?
Speaker 1: Uh corp Oh, I would say Corbyn Carroll. There's someone more. I mean Matt McClain or not Matt McLain. Matt Olsen is on Ronald Lucunea's tail too. But well, okay, so what's a closer? Yeah, what's a close? Is it Olsen to akunyapp or is it McLain to Carol I gotta tell you now that i'm thinking about it, I just don't see that there's a way that Matt McClain can take this from Carroll, even though the war's getting closer, and I kind of do see a scenario where Matt Olsen could take this over if he hit sixty homers or something like that. I'm I'm curious of what you guys think. I'm curious of what everybody to say about that. So that has been a race that's out there. Somebody said, you know how you do the al just want to point out Gunner Henderson is running away with this award three hundred.
Speaker 2: He's taking that one to the bank, and he's heating up again. He's slumped for like two weeks. He's heating up again. It's over. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's a better opportunity though, that someone like Yosh playing all season long and consistent could take it over. Though over mcclaim taking it over. Carrol at this point.
Speaker 2: Also kind of stinks that all these races are pretty much done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, like Josh Young, we're still out there. Yeah. So speaking of I'm trying to I'm locking in a couple of your questions because we're gonna get to questions here soon, so any other fantasy questions put it up so we talk about it. The hint for where in the world are Welsh in Corbin Carrol today? You can put it in the chat. I'll be giving away an autographed card to the person that is the most right. I'd also say feel free to keep track of your correct answers as I go here. The hint is marble. Marble is your hint today? P At the end of the show, we will look and see where are Welsh in Corbyn Carrol. The only other thing I had here before we get into all the ancillary stuff was Bryce Harper two for three with a homer, two rbi, one run scored in a win over the Giants, and I wanted to point out how good Bryce harper second half has been. We were I was ready to write off where we were, obviously the injury was Gonnaz that power, he's finding his rhythm, he's feeling healthier. First half, in fifty six games he hit two ninety, which was good, but only three homers thirty six games. In the second half, he's up to eight homers, hitting three to zero six on the season. He has become a problem again, and somebody, uh, we are going to get a discount on in redraft next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a round three pick last night in our draft, which is going to be ridiculously cheap. He's heating up, like you said, he's getting healthy. I watched a lot of his games last two nights against the Giants, and just in general, this Phillies team, they're looking scary again. They're looking a lot like last year all of a sudden when they caught fire. But yeah, Harper's doing Harper things. He might finish. You know, he can get hot. He gets close to fifteen sixteen, seventeen homers by in the season. That's a heck of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good. And by Marble people, I'm like a mush understand completely. That's just it's not like a mush mouth idiot. Everyone's like, oh Marvel. I mean I do like Marvel, So that's it's not unthinkable or anything like that. Marble is it my friends? All right, rookie, lookies, I've actually got a couple I just want you guys to pay attention to. But Kyle Harrison made his debut, surrendered two runs over three and three thirds. He struck out five in this short stint fourteen swing and whiffs in that a thirty seven percent CSW rate. So I'm I'm wonky Penguin on Kyle Harrison moving forward. He did exactly what I thought wasn't going to get stretched out to a bunch of innings, but looked pretty good. Your thoughts, Bubba on Kyle Harrison.
Speaker 2: I absolutely loved it. Like we all knew he wasn't going to go deep. He got He almost got to seventy pitches, which was big for him. Honestly, a lot of fastballs he was dealing them thrown by people. Ospeed was okay. The lefties are over hitting him. That was the crazy part in the game. Harper the two un Homer Shore, we're at a double. But overall, he looked very, very good in his first start.
Speaker 1: He did he did and you know one of the highest I think you know said it was like the seventh highest stuff plus number in the minors. So far this year, he's been inconsistent, but he was throwing strikes. He only walked one, which was huge. This might be a huge confident boots through the rest of the way. If you're looking to steal innings. You know, it's probably more of a roto play this. I don't think this is as much of a head to head play roto play. If you're looking for innings with strikeouts and stuff, maybe he sneaks into a win. I would love for them to piggyback, get to walk.
Speaker 2: They piggyback everywhere else, like do it, yeah.
Speaker 1: And let him be the second half, Like yeah, go with the strippling or walker whoever the hell, and give them two innings a start, and then, like Kyle Harrison, go three or four, because then you can get the win and you'll probably get six strikeouts and it'll look solid. So that would be something to take a look at. So the only other I wanted to give you guys an update here on some rookies for the rookie lookie that might be coming soon about a week. We're gonna see maybe AFL related if they don't, most likely not. Two guys I think that are headed to the majors very shortly, and one guy you need to be paying attention to who might be a dark horse. First up pie Crow Armstrong, Petek Armstrong then screaming about he's gonna go check this out currently is on a fifteen game hit streak and only has one month all season where he has not hit two ninety two in a given month. Pe Crow Armstrong is for the majors, especially if they're doing anything. Second up, Colt Keith. He went one for three yesterday with his twenty first homer of the year. He had a couple walks downside. He's only hitting two forty He only hit two forty six for August, but only three days this entire month he did not register a hit. I have to believe the Tigers are going to give him a look. I mean, don't you think this is a guy that's not gonna go to the AFL. They've got to give him a look.
Speaker 2: They got to give him a look. They've already called up Meadows and everything else. As times you just go full in, see what you got, get ready for a fun twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: That's right, marking a couple things here and then the last one. Jason Dimingez was just called up to Triple A. Not saying they would do this, because they did just bring back up also Praza and Everson Perira, but Jason Diminguez up at Triple A. Had three hits in his debut and now has three or more hits in four of his last six games, and might be having one of the quietest monster minor league seasons just because his batting average and I think full on prospect fatigue has gone on with him. Fifteen homers, thirty seven stolen bases in the minors, He's right around two sixty. He's raised his average. I do not think it's unthinkable that he could play in the majors, especially towards the back end, and buy for a spot next year. Not saying it's going to happen, but he has been a freaking monster.
Speaker 2: Question for you real quick? Dominguez or Solask both so young? Which is more impressive? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, Slus, I think like, like, I'm impressed with Domingas, but Dimingus has been a little bit of a road. He's still never hit for average. The a different defense. He kind of stinks like. That's actually one of the reasons I think he's not gonna come up this year would be because of how poor his defense is in general. But Ethan Sallas going up and hit. He hit a walk off win last night in his double A debut at seventeen years old, and as I posted in a tweet, Bubba, he can't legally stay out past midnight and he's walking off double a games du something he has.
Speaker 2: To get a note to miss class and to under what.
Speaker 1: Is he like? It's crazy, It's totally crazy. I'm actually a little bit bummed. I don't think I'm gonna see him in instructs and he might be in the AFL. Dude, he might be in the AFL.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 1: So let's get a couple listener questions. I don't think you guys went through the roof, so we can probably get through here. Let's see, is Will Smith gonna blow ten saves this season? Yes? Possibly, Yes, Yes, I'm going to go with absolutely. Guess Richard said, my haunting personal question, you could only keep two for next year, Gelloff, Scooble, Morel Berger Estrada.
Speaker 2: Who do you pick gell Off? And who? Scoobl's close? I'm not usually a picture keeper. I'll go Scooble.
Speaker 1: It's my exact order. I think Morel's up and downs take him off. Burger's up and downs take him off. Though there is forty plus homer potential and Burger. But like I think guys like Schwarber are questionable keepers anymore because you can't hit one. Cool, you got forty homers, but you know you're hitting one seventy. Get your school are easy?
Speaker 2: Here? The one year they hit twenty four homers, your screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, let's see McClain. Okay, So I don't know if this is a question. I think with guys like adamis Korea, Xander Bogart's McLain looks like a nice bet for next year. Oh yeah, just a dynasty stud. Uh yeah, completely agree with that. Uh Oneal Cruz over Volpi in a keeper league.
Speaker 2: Right now, I still go to Cruise. I still go on Neo Cruz. But there's a bit of new news I put in the injury notes we can talk about. Just came out about half hour ago.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, I don't think I'm if you guys would throw out a couple others. I don't know if I missed any others here, but answering a few of your questions, and ooh, I gotta put another question up so I don't reveal something. All right, Let's get to the injuries. Like you just said, Jaron Duran to the io with a toe injury. Will You're a bray you was called up? Thank God? A hit last night, Jad Martinez to the iel and Michael Bush was called up. Bubba, I was doing rates and barrels yesterday. This is like the third time this happened this season. I literally was like, Michael Bush has been in the minors for forty years and I'm like, they're never gonna call him up. They literally called him up like the second I said that, they brought him back up. He's been destroying the minor leagues. He is a fun option, though. I just don't know where they're gonna give him playing time.
Speaker 2: That's only that, that's the question. That's probably why he wasn't up before. He came up for a cup of coffee earlier and didn't do much, goes back down and keeps mashing triple A. Dodters just have so many moving pieces, that's always the problem with them. And I just don't know where if he'll get enough pet to to get comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of my ultimate, Like I would love to spot start him and stuff, but I just don't think they're gonna give them the playing time, Nicko Lodolo had to set back and an Mri revealed another str stress reaction in his left tibia. That's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: For the season, folks.
Speaker 1: Yep, you can cut bait on that. If you were sitting around here yourd On Alvarez miss Tuesday's game after slamming his finger in a door at home. How many times have you done this in your life? And what's the worst. What's the worst place You slammed your finger.
Speaker 2: Garage door, not the garage, garage door with the actual door in the garage. That hurts.
Speaker 1: A heavier door, like, oh, you mean just like the door in not like the garage.
Speaker 2: Not only goes up and down with the button. I definitely want, But that's probably my worst one. That or sliding doors hurt too.
Speaker 1: Sliding doors are I've done that. The worst one is the car, Yep, Dan said it as I said it. The car is the worst. I have literally shut the door on my finger and that's the worst. Like, especially when you indent your finger and it like changes shape, You're just like, oh my god, I've destroyed it. Yeah, that's mine. That's the word. Brian Wu limited the White Sox to one run over four innings on Tuesday, which was kind of a shock. Some people asked me, what you start him? I said, absolutely not. This is I don't do this.
Speaker 2: It's under bring a pitch count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it still works out because you didn't get a qualified win. He looked pretty good, but you know, Hunter Green absolutely got blasted. So it's another reminder, like very few guys get the carblanche to just go out there and be cool if they come off of injury. And uh, I think the news you were talking to Oneil Cruz stopped running as he was experiencing lingering pain in his left foot, So that's what you were referring to if you're talking about dynasty. I don't know if that would change my dynasty outlook, not for dynasty.
Speaker 2: Best wanted to bring it up for people that there's people stating him for a few weeks for like a September callback because if you would have kept on what he's doing now, he'd be back like late first week of September. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had been holding him in the t GFBI like I never cut him. I just you know, thought we would get him back and this is that'll that'll all.
Speaker 2: But do it, folks, I think I pretty much does it. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not going to be seeing any of him U three up and three down, andy A banias yesterday two for three, two homers for RBI, the slaves, Baisby or Basabi. I always say Basby, it's bad By two for five with a grand slam and four RBI pretty slick. I think somebody just asked thoughts on Basabi rest this season? You know what, he makes a lot of contact. I was always worried that there wasn't going to be any impactful like category stuff, brand slam. That swing looked pretty lofty and good, Hey why not? And deep? People, I might consider.
Speaker 2: Set over three hundred since he came up, and there's a good chance they took down the pictures of a certain someone in that stadium, so he might have that job for the rest of the year. Jeez.
Speaker 1: I like that's a wild thing.
Speaker 2: Too, when they started taking pictures down. That says a lot, folks.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like that's like coming back in on Monday and like someone's cleared your desk and you're just like, am I fired?
Speaker 2: And they're like, oh, you're good, You're in the basement.
Speaker 1: It looks really bad like that. That's another one of those things. It just looks really d Now, I will say this, there is an element of a team might be like, we want to take this off because people might vandalize this stuff because of what's going on. But like they put him on an administrative leave and then start doing that. It don't look good for the future of anything that was going on with Franco and uh yo, this is who it is on my three up and three down, Bubba. The third one, I just put stats. I didn't even put the name of the person, but I know who it was. It was Zach Gallen. Six innings, eleven.
Speaker 2: Strikeouts yesterday filthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just put stats and luckily I.
Speaker 2: So baseball minds understand these things.
Speaker 1: That's right. The three down Drew Smiley three and two thirds. He gave up seven earned runs, Kade Marlow went zero for five with four k's, and Daniel Bard got one third of an inning in got blasted for four earned runs. No boin Oh, my friends, no boin o? What is buen o? Well price picks leading off is the promo code one hundred percent match up to one hundred bucks. We love to make our picks. Hopefully you guys want to make them with us. Bubba, who are you picking? Let's get one.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think I might have cast I didn't go back and pay attention. I think I might have cashed on that price picks on Monday, even though I lost Giolito.
Speaker 2: On Tuesday, I went to for two because my Jay Rod pick got canceled because he had the poops. So I'll take this on today's slate. I will take Severino McKenzie Gore under ten and a half k's because Severina won't be long for that game and the Yankees aren't striking out a lot versus lefties right now. I'll take Ruiz Kyber Ruiz over one and a half hits, runs and RBIs because Severino is pitching and Rui has been very, very good. And then I'll get Mookie Bets over two and a half hits, runs and RBIs as I think Bets and the Dodgers have a lot of fun with curry. They might they like, you know, little type food tonight.
Speaker 1: My pig. There you go the picks I'm gonna go with. I've got George Kirby Fantasy score thirty one and a half. I'm gonna take the over Julio back from the poops, I'm gonna go nine and a half over and Reindier Rose Rain of Fantasy score at seven and a half. Those Mariner ones are a little bit earlier, so if you're listening on the podcast side, you better get it in real quick. But you guys can always let us know what you got going down best bets for the day. I was a clean technically three for three on my bets, giving you the two different I think it was the Mariner ones and they cashed it in the first inning on the team total runs. So coming off a very nice Monday for three for three, But what say you today.
Speaker 2: Bubbs, Bobby Wait over one and a half total bas is that even money. I'll take that all day long in Oakland in a great matchup. You'll you'll get a sense here. I like Washington, I like kyber Ruiz over one and a half total basis for kyber Ruiz at plus one forty five. Yeah, sign me up for that. And then Jay Rod, I'll take the over two and a half hits runs and RBI is at buying us one twenty five. I think you might do it with one swing of the bat today.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, maybe maybe you can just start off the game. That's like the best. All right, So my bets for today I am going with I wanted to play these solo, but they're pretty juiced and one of them is really nice. But here you go. So I'm going back to my team total runs. I like to play those, speaking of that one swing that might get me there, because I am taking the Seattle first five team total runs, so they're gonna they got to score three runs through the first five. Indians is essentially that bet, but it is juice to hell because they're going up against Copek, right, I think that's the matchup today. It's to Copex, so I love playing against him. I think he's given up like four earned runs and like four of his last five, so I love that bet, but it's really juice. So I paired it with Toronto one and a half team total runs through the first five, I got plus one seventy. I think it moved down to around one sixty. Both of them are juiced to hell, so you could play them individually if you want, but I paired them together. I also like Toronto first five money line, so you know, even if they're tied, you're just gonna push that One's got a lot of jews. It's minus one fifty, but I really really am into that one. And then a plus money play Ken Tamada five and a half strikeouts over it's plus one oh five, So you know, I think he has struck out six in five or six of his last seven, and it was a double back to back on Detroit where he didn't quite get that where he had like a four strikeout game. He's been a strikeout monster, and I think this one I just didn't write it down. I think this is the Brewers they're going up against, and they have been strikeout e on the season, just not as of recent. So I am going to go with that with my best bets what he got on the DFS today.
Speaker 2: On the DFS side, I think it's just a six game evening slate. By the time he has listened to this early slate will be happening. So Kershaw against Cleveland at nine point nine. K Morton versus the Mets. He dominated him his last mount except he also walked seven of them, So get bounced back there at nine K and then Mackenzie Gore again. I don't love it because the Yankies actually hitting over three hit almost three fifty vers lefties in the last month. But seven point six K for Gore, who was great before the blister. Stack's Washington vers Severino, Dodgers versus Curry Toronto now versus Dean Kramer. Has Flaherty got scratched, So like that some value. Mike Mustakis when deep on Tuesday, he's still three point one cavers whoever Cincinnati have thrown a Game two? I've seen two different names. Now Chanel's two point eight K first, whoever Cincinnati's throwing in Game two? And I'll even throw Brandon Belt out there at three point five K. Do is fuego right now?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: He guess Dean Kramer.
Speaker 1: A couple quick questions just to get back to you guys, sort of dropping some more, Richard said. Ivaldi now a top ten Dynasty pitcher going forward, just older, had some inconsistencies. Villo dropped. I'm gonna say no, but he's definitely worth way more. Actually, Dynasty, he's so sneaky because he is older that I would be more interested in his value. Assuming everybody devalues him, but not a top ten. I just don't like big Vlo dips mid season, even though he got away with stuff. So I'm gonna say no, what to do with Ellie? Drop him for Abrams or Suzuki in a redraft? Would you drop Ellie for Abrams? Wow, it's amazing Abrams is available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably would because I love the talent of Eli. He's more talented than Abrams. But consistency. Right now, Abras is the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah? What is up with yan Your and Diaz? Will he continue to play every day? I don't know we can predict that, but with him being able to play first and catch her and if they want to throw him at DH, I think they're going to get him playing time. Just about every day.
Speaker 2: We've been asking this question every time someone comes out the IL. They find a new place for him because he's about his twenty home runs. You keep playing on our ideas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh this is good. Line should follow this up. I didn't see Richard said Carlos Radon or Evaldian Dynasty would you.
Speaker 2: Take for next year? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I would too. Yeah, Yeah, I think I don't trust any of it, so I think I would right now, All right, friends, Where in the world were Welsh and Corbin Carrol? Corbyn Carroll had two hits? Why was he revived getting that Rookie of the Year? We're about to find out. Your final guess is in while the video hits. The guest was Marble. Where in the world or Welsh and Corbyn Carroll. The guess was Marble. This is my favorite answer, and actually my favorite answers are telling right now. Joe Bizifia Denny's is a good one. I just saw some ridiculous ones. The guests was Marble, trying to figure out the best way I could do it because Corbyn Carroll and I well joining him. What are there wonders of the world? There's seven, Corbyn Carroll? Where's number seven? So we went to the taj Mahal Marble. That's right, the taj Mahal one of the seven wonders of the world. I guess I could have just said seven would have been a good guess. A lot of people know, by the way, that taj Mahal was built by Mughal Empire of sheih Jahan after the death of his wife Mumptis Mahal. Few know the fact that Mumptis was I'm probably saying he's wrong, was the third wife and died during the labor of their fourteenth child. The labor lasted thirty hours before she died. And uh yeah, that's just a little bit. I know you guys wanted some information on the Mahal, that's what and Corby, Carrol and I learned.
Speaker 2: So here you go, bubb what now you have to do that every every place you go to. I need a backstory because that was priceless, absolutely priceless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I want to give credit. Carly was the very first person that nailed it. Carly said Taj Mahal, Richard said, almost certain to be Taj. We had Dubie in here, and then we had Michael. So those were the four people that I got, so very very good job. I'm gonna give you guys a warning. They're gonna get weird, and they're gonna get weird September. No, they're gonna get really weird coming up. So just get that in your brain as we track these and I will be sending out an autograph Corbyn Carroll card to somebody, so hopefully you guys are still digging that I was telling Bubba before the show, I was like, I don't want to annoy people because I can be annoying with bits and stuff, and I don't want to be annoying with it. The very first comment was like, this is where I think they're gonna go. So I'm like, Okay, you guys kind of still dig it.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate it. If they're sticking with us this time of the year, they know our wittiness are good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Home run contest, here's the home run contest. I have not been eliminated from it. Blue Harvester is run in with forty eight. JJ Tator is up there. I don't see a whole lot of other moves of me. I think Wonky might have got one. Wonky is in seventh. I'm in eighth, so we're still on the board here. JJ Tator is coming for Blue Harvester. We got a month, so this game is anybody's. So Harvester is going to have to probably have a pretty pretty big weekend coming up here. But someone's gonna win that autographed Corbin Carrol helmet that is sitting here with me. Bubba, who you going with your home run call?
Speaker 2: Today? Can get me some Ti food, give me some Freddy Freeman off a curry.
Speaker 1: All right, I am going. Oh, I'm gonna go with Randy a Rose Arena. I did everything with the show sheet and then I didn't go and do major focus on my home runs. But going up against Colorado and Austin Gomber, I'm gonna go with Randy a Rose Arena for my home run call today and we will be back again on Friday. We're gonna set you guys up with streamers. We're gonna be answering your questions, where will Corbyn and Well should be and everything more so, thank you guys for hanging out with us. Make sure to check out Prize Pixel the promo code leading off. Make sure you are subscribed to the YouTube so you can hang out with this live. You guys are the best. You guys are hilarious, so make sure you do that and if anything else, just make sure you're locked into the podcast so you got all the action from Bubba and myself. Find Bubba at Beat and Trick. You can find me at is It the Welsh. Thank you guys as always, and until next time, friends, it's more fun right here, I'm leading off, Peace out, oh bye bye