Speaker 1: First Date is follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: It's time for your first Date follow up. And Brooke is on the phone today and she's getting ghosted by a guy named DJ. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's a ghostinger and maybe get here another date. But Brooke, first, how long has it been since you heard from DJ?
Speaker 3: It's been like two weeks?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. Have you reached out to him in that time? Well?
Speaker 4: I reached out like a couple times right after the first date, just to like, you know, hey, how's your day? And like then I sent him like a cute pick and he responded, but he was really short. And then I was like, oh, Lena, let me just wait and see, you know, let him reach out to me. And he hasn't said anything to me in like two weeks.
Speaker 2: How's the date? Why don't you tell us about that? How did you guys meet? And Staff?
Speaker 4: Well, so we met on hinge and you know, he seemed really nice. He was very polite, respectful, and we started chatting about like travel and stuff like that, and we both had taken trips to Spain, so we kind of bonded over that.
Speaker 3: We were sending.
Speaker 4: Pictures back and forth, and you know, then he was like, hey, you know, let me take you out.
Speaker 3: So I was like okay. So we ended up.
Speaker 4: Going to this nice little Spanish restaurant where we had some tap us and you know, it was like we were kind of experiencing a little bit of you know, Spain, and we were chatting and we really hit it off. We drank, we danced, we danced really close, and we kind of ended up going back to my place and we didn't have the ultimate fun, but we did have some fun.
Speaker 3: You know, we had some like pillow talk and you know.
Speaker 4: Talk about hopes and dreams and you know. But then I was like, hey, before this goes any further, maybe you know, we should end the night here and you should get going.
Speaker 2: So well, it seems like it was going well to get to that point.
Speaker 4: We had great chemistry, great commerce station and I felt like there's definitely a traction.
Speaker 3: On both parts. So I'm not really sure.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Was there anything that happened on the date that could have been kind of a.
Speaker 4: Clue, Well, a couple of times when we were dancing, I kind of like, I kind of like redirected him a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, because his rhythm.
Speaker 4: Was kind of off, and I mean I was polite about it. But and then, you know, I guess a couple of times back at my place, I was kind of like giving him a little bit of direction, you know.
Speaker 3: In the bedroom. Short, I don't know what that'd be a turnoff to you a guy. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Some guys that I know say they like that. I mean, I know I do. I appreciate it because I'm like, it's your stuff. I don't know how to use it, right.
Speaker 4: I thought guys liked having like you know, women say hey.
Speaker 3: This is what I want kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, maybe that turned him off, Like I honestly don't know, because I thought we hit it off so well.
Speaker 1: I mean, the alternative to the people liking it is the like, oh no, I'm like less of a man because I couldn't do it by myself. And so if you make me feel less, then then I'm not going to feel good.
Speaker 2: Because it's like I'm listening, tell.
Speaker 5: Me what I.
Speaker 4: Really confused, you know, I figured you know, we were even talking about like, oh, I can't wait to go out on another gate together, like that conversation came up and then you know, now it's like, okay, just straight ghost Like the.
Speaker 2: Last thing you send him was a picture and he didn't respond to it.
Speaker 4: He did, but he was like just really short, like oh cute, and then that was it. And I haven't heard a word from him since the reaction I would have liked.
Speaker 3: In other words, yeah, I can't figure.
Speaker 4: Out, Like I wish I knew what he was thinking, but I almost feel like a little embarrassed at this point, like I send you a pic and you know nothing, So I'm like, I don't know, I don't know what's the thing.
Speaker 2: We'll see if we can figure it out for you, play a song, come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get to another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, okay, thanks guys, Okay.
Speaker 2: Plaus, I'll come back and get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of the first day follow up, if you're just joining us, Brooke is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named DJ SO on a second we're gonna call him see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Brooke, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation?
Speaker 4: Just basically, I met a guy on Hinge and we hit it off really well. We bonded over travel. We both saw have gone to Spain, went and had a great dinner, had a wonderful time together. Definitely got a little heated, and in a good way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heated in a good way, not like Arguy see me all right? Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yes? I'm ready to find out what's going on?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi man, speak to DJ please yep, sim DJ.
Speaker 2: Hey man, how are you? My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 1: Hi DJ, the whole show is here. I'm Nina Hian, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: How's it going pretty good? How are you? I'm I'm yeah, I'm good. I'm yeah, I'm great.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of the Jubil Show before?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't listen.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest, So I'm I'm a little thrown here, but yeah, okay, I've heard of you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't, if you don't listen, I'll tell you. We do a segment on the show. It's called the First Day follow Up. That means, if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from somebody that you're a ghost. Uh huh, okay, okay, yes it is. Is this an intentional ghosting then.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I feel bad.
Speaker 6: I mean it's intentional in the sense that, like, I don't think there's anything there moving forward, but I like I would I wasn't meaning to be like rude or whatever.
Speaker 5: I just I think I think I just kind of I guess I moved on. I probably should have. I don't know. I always I'm not very good about that part.
Speaker 6: I should have been more clear with her or whatever, but I yeah, I just didn't.
Speaker 2: You're just not interested. I mean there's no specific reason.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I mean she was great.
Speaker 6: I just it was just kind of disappointing because I, uh, it's awkward. I'm kind of I guess I'm kind of old fashioned because I like, I'm I'm really looking for like who I'm like somebody I'm gonna marry, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So like it just became clear that like where she's not going to be that person, and so I was just kind of like, well just kind.
Speaker 2: Of why though, how do you know that?
Speaker 7: Well, She's like I'm looking for someone very specific in my head, like just I've I really wanted to Okay, so I really wanted to marry somebody who's Spanish, Like I just have this dream of like getting married and Spain a Spanish person.
Speaker 5: And then like I thought she was Spanish and she's not. She's like German or something.
Speaker 1: So okay, did she say she was Spanish?
Speaker 2: Like what made you think that she was?
Speaker 6: Like all my algorithm stuff that I put in on the app is like looking for a Spanish person, and like she was even like it was like Spanglish, she's been to Spain.
Speaker 5: She looked Spanish to me, I just it's my.
Speaker 6: Fault, Like it's my fault because I went back and I looked more closely at your profile and like she has a picture of herself with a cross, Like no, no, Jesus, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Protestant.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 6: Oh, so like that's the first to me after because I really need, I really need to marry a Spanish Catholic.
Speaker 2: That's very specific. Yeah that is how do you know she's not spent?
Speaker 1: Like did you ask her or did I don't see her family tree?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I did actually look her up, Like I looked up the name and I was like, oh, that's German.
Speaker 5: Like that's like as white as you can get.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I mean I guess if that's what you want and you're not willing to settle for anything but a Spanish Catholic woman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there's so many things I don't know about my life, but that that part I have figured it out, you know.
Speaker 2: Sure, thank you for being honest with us. I appreciate that. And DJ, now I have to let you know that Brook is actually on the phone and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Oh so you we hit it off, we had a great time, and you basically ghosted me because I'm not Spanish.
Speaker 5: Yeah I'm sorry. Or Catholic. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you just assume that I'm not Catholic.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, yeah, okay, I just cross like I like, so, remember I was talking about disagrattep Amelia and you can actually get married there, but like somebody, one of one of the two people has to.
Speaker 5: Be Catholic, and so like I'm looking for somebody who's Catholic.
Speaker 4: I was hitting it off all the conversation that we had, the great time that we had.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was a good time. Okay, you know what, You're an amazing Yeah. No, I'm just like you should know like it was you did nothing. It's my fall. I apologize like I misunderstood, and I like, you're.
Speaker 4: An amazing Oh you misunderstood more than you think. But that's okay because the jokes on you because I actually am Spanish and my grandfather on my mother's side is from outside of Madrid.
Speaker 2: Plot twist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not all German.
Speaker 3: I do have German but but that's okay, no problem.
Speaker 6: I mean, if that's true, we should Oh my god, DJ, would you like to go out with Brooke on another date?
Speaker 2: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll pay for yeah for sure. I mean yeah, I mean I mean that I could probably we should try. I mean, we did hit it up. We had a lot of chemistry. Think about it.
Speaker 4: Oh we did. Yeah, that's that's unfortunate for you. Yeah, hard pass on the second date. But thanks, guys, I appreciate it, not after finding out how superficial you are.
Speaker 6: I here's the thing, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and.
Speaker 5: I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I I you're right. It was superficial to me.
Speaker 6: And maybe maybe I'm just afraid to open up, you know, give me another shot, Like, let's just just.
Speaker 5: Me another shot and then like I think I think you'll see that. Yes we do, we do have a future.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what would you guys do? What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: I don't know, honestly, because I mean that's he had his heart set on this one type of person. He obviously didn't.
Speaker 1: He just have his heart set on a person. He has his heart getting, like set on getting married at the Sigratta Familia to a Spanish Catholic woman. Right, so who cares who she is? Insert Spanish Catholic woman. Victoria enters the buildings, and.
Speaker 2: That's what you are, a Brooks. So now like it makes I mean, I guess you're what he wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not me, so I feel like it's, uh yeah, it's a lost cause at.
Speaker 4: This point, I'm definitely not interested anymore.
Speaker 5: But she's That's the thing is I was I was wrong. It is you.
Speaker 10: It is you because you are Spanish and you could I mean you could. I don't know, if you're you could be you could convert and the pictures would be so beautiful. I just imagine the picture.
Speaker 3: Oh No.
Speaker 2: Juble's first date follow up