Speaker 1: I'm Tamika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and the ship Boy, my Son that general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of t M.
Speaker 2: I Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, Motivation and.
Speaker 1: Inspiration name New Energy. What's up, my son, Lennon.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Tamika D. Mallory?
Speaker 1: What good today? Doing good today? Glad to be here.
Speaker 2: You can do anything like that, That's anything anything I can do.
Speaker 3: I could be a publicist. I could be an architect. I could be a what is this here? Veterinarian, an activist, a pilot, a clerky, member of the clergy. I could be an astronaut. I could be a physician. I could be an athlete. I mean you to be a hairstylists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a it was a crazy mean that I think who was it was? It? It was Benjamin Benjamin Crump posted and he was and it was I forgot who he was. It's somebody that was in Congress, I believe. And the white man said, it's crazy. Isn't it funny how a black women with twenty years experience all kinds of degrees can't be a di higher for somebody who just worked on Fox News and ain't got no degrees it's gonna be the Secretary of Defense all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember last week I was.
Speaker 3: Talking about the Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 2: Lord have mercy. We in some strange time.
Speaker 1: That we are that we are well.
Speaker 3: We got a good show today, we got a good intim So sorry that our guest was unable to be with us in person as some travel stuff. But she's gonna be coming up a real powerful interview that I hope that all of you will listen to.
Speaker 2: Please listen to this.
Speaker 3: But now I want to let you all hear my thought of the day. I tape this thought of the day at a moment when I just felt it, and now I want you all to hear it.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm watching these people, these folks that are in many ways opposition and in opposition to our success as black folks.
Speaker 1: I watch how strategic they are.
Speaker 3: I'm like, when we said black Lives matter, they said that is violent towards white folks, and white people needed to start White Lives Matter. We said, defund the police. They said, we don't want police at all, and we want lawlessness, and that defund the police means we hate the police. They have turned woke all around. DeSantis has an anti woke movement going on. They have presented bills to ban the wokeness.
Speaker 1: How I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: Every single word, terminology, whatever we use to describe suffering, to describe what people are fighting for liberation, they have found a way to turn it around and make even our own people afraid.
Speaker 4: To use it.
Speaker 3: You will never watch or see on mainstream media that they are you itus in certain terms, or they're saying like white lives matter or something like that, that it is it is. It means violence towards black folk.
Speaker 2: So today's guests is Miss Sonia Rogers. She is the mother of five. She is the CEO and founder of Through Our Voices and Girls Rock Too. She is a community activist, she is a leader, she is a mother, and we are happy to have Missonia. How you doing today, Missonia?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, and I'm so blessed to be here with all of y'all. I appreciate you, thank you, I'm blessed. I'm just trying to stay pushing forward. That's just about it.
Speaker 1: How mimsths Sonia, how you doing today? Beautiful?
Speaker 4: I love you and how are you? I'm blessing your soul.
Speaker 1: Love you too.
Speaker 3: We're happy to have you with us today. I know it's every time you have to talk about what you've been through and what your family has endured, it's hard, and we want to acknowledge that. We know it's not easy to process and to keep having to relive your story for people to be inspired, inspired to do better, inspired to help more young people, inspired to see black men as humans.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of pressure for one person to carry, and so I just want you to know that it's not lost on us that today, while we are interviewing you, quote end quote, it's more than interviewing you know, we're really here to just allow you to continue to use your story for your healing and for hours.
Speaker 4: And I appreciate that. And I'm gonna tell you something honestly and truthfully, these tears are our tears are sadness, honestly and about the grace of God. These tears are honestly tears of joy because I've sat in depression for so long and finally I'm learning how to deal with it. And I appreciate the talk and the things of that nature. You know, it helps me a lot. So these tears here. Our tea is a joy. I just had to learn to cometrol them and they just happen to come out.
Speaker 1: It's all good. I cry all the time.
Speaker 3: So miss Sonya, I mean, there's so many places we could start, and I guess we will end at what you do. But it would be great to hear from you that, you know, just the story of the tragic loss that you have experienced in your family with your own children. Why don't you tell us about that?
Speaker 4: Well, I lost three sons to gun violence in the city of York. My sons were twenty one, twenty one, and twenty of age. It's hard, you know, I'm not gonna say that because at the end of the day, especially in a city where we come from called New New Jersey, you can't be in deny you about your child. And I always try to be a peer rent. And you know, my oldest son not on the hands of himself. I allowed him to start being around his father, and you know, his father introduced him into a life of you know, gang violence or whatever. But my oldest son, all you know, he got killed. And when my oldest son got killed, it was hard to justify because you know, he wasn't an angel, but he was very respectful. And I can't talk a bad about him because that's my son. But at the end of the day, I couldn't be in deny you about who my son was in the streets. And that's hard, but it's just the reality of it, because I can't say, oh, my son was an angel. And I don't think he ever hurt anybody. I don't think that, you know, it deserved to happen to him the way that it did. But if it was going to happen to him, and it's just just coming from a mother that I think it would have happened to him through a whole city, you know, not just where he lived and things of that nature. But overall, that young man graduated out of high school. You know, he was respectful. He just had a street life. And when I talk about my oldest son, I never try to downplay, you know, because I don't want to be ridiculed. I was ridiculed so much by some, you know, people in the new police department. But I really tried to be the best mother that I could and not to jump off of subject because it's three of them that I have to discuss. It's a many of us that lives in this city, and I'm not the only person that ever lost a child. And I try not to put all the I call it shine and stigma on my self because I'm not the only young woman that's hurting in my city. But we really tried for our children here. Some of us work, some of us stay at home. You know. It's just the reality that our children are being killed, you know, and in other places children are being killed by the hands of someone else, but our kids are being killed by our own.
Speaker 2: And that's I think that's what really touched me when I when I first met you and I heard your story and you was and you know, you cried and you told the story, and I felt really impacted because I couldn't. I have three sons, right, That's all I have is three sons, and I couldn't imagine losing all three of money. And they all were in close proximity age, Like, how many years apart did this happen? Like like one was lost one year, like because you said they were twenty twenty one and twenty one, so how many years apart did it happen?
Speaker 4: Anthony and his street name was ransom. Anthony was shot made the thirty first. He had just turned twenty one that October before. He stayed on a respirator until June and twenty first and me, with the help of the now mayor Baraka elected governor, you know, helped me make a decision as well as my family and friends that he had no more brain activities. So on June to twenty first, I took him off the respirator. Six months later, February the twenty fourth of that next year, my second son passed away twenty fifteen, two days after three days after Christmas. December to twent eight, that's when my baby passed away. And I say my baby because he was literally the baby, the last of the bunch. So and you know, last year December was the first year that I ever sat back, and I literally dealt with that since twenty fifteen because I kept moving and so much was happening in twenty twenty four and I said, Sonya, you have to deal with this. You can't let this new year come in and this Christmas come in and act like nothing happened. So I sat by myself and I endured it about what happened to me on that year, on that day, and you know, it wasn't as bad as I really thought it was gonna be. But you know, I got it together.
Speaker 3: I did so three sons all in Newark, right, All three of them were killed in Newark. Yes, And has there been any prosecution of those who are responsible for their deaths?
Speaker 4: All three of my son's cases are cool. Yeah, it's like I had no fight. I'm not going to say I didn't have any help, but I really didn't know what to do. And it was like a wolf cry, like you crying out for help, but nobody not listening. And the only person I had to cry out to already had the city on his already had the city he had to run, so you can give it all to him. So I tried. I really did try. I was fifteen years old when I had those kids.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: I was fifteen years old, you know, And at the end of the day, I'm not embarrassed about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 4: Talked to Ad a lot, you guys know him New Direction. I give a big shout out to them and pushing all the other organizations out here. I was fifteen years old when I had those kids. It wasn't easy. I struggled, I strived, but I stayed. And you know, to be young and to lose children, that's the most hurt in this detrimental feeling in the world, regardless of how you lose your child, and to lose three of them, it hurt pretty bad. But I learned, believe it or not, I learned that God got me. God got me. It's no to meka my sign. I'm gonna tell you something. It's no other way that I can make it through, no other way. And like I say, I don't only speak on my health, and that's why I try to do certain things.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm so blessed for Jamilla, doctor, Jamilla Davis. I'm so blessed for Tybor. I'm so blessed for my son. I'm so blessed for all these organizations out here because I know these people, and you know, I could turn to them and try to talk because that's what helps me believe it or not talking, I got to talk about it.
Speaker 2: What I wonder is so you still have two.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have two beautiful daughters. One of my daughters she's here. My other daughter lives down south in North Carolina. She works she's supervisor at Navy Federal. You know, I was kind of sad when my oldest daughter left or whatever, but I don't blame her. That's a lot of hurt and pain for a person to try to endure when all you did was try to come up here to save your little brother and pick him up, HM to take him back, and to have to get a phone call like that when you on a highway to come pick your little brother up, it's that your mental And my other daughter suffers from depression. But you know, it's a lot of things that we hide some people. Some people might know. If you're close to us, you know you may know. But it's a lot of hurt and pain in this. And this is why not saying that I'm the perfect person, not saying that I'm the perfect candidate, but and not saying if I can do it, but if I could try to help somebody that's best for me.
Speaker 2: Do you have do you have a therapist? Do you speak to somebody?
Speaker 4: I do have a therapist, and I'm gonna tell you again, Jamilla got hooked me up with the young lady check going hard.
Speaker 2: To the therapist.
Speaker 3: The therapists need therapists everybody needs somebody, everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm just hoping, you know, when I hear Unfortunately, like you said, yours is not the only story like this. This is probably like the fourth or fifth time that I've had a mother say that they've lost multiple, multiple children. And I just I'm hoping that somebody is listening. I'm hoping that somebody who's in these gangs and in these streets and that's, you know, thinking about taking somebody's life, just hears this. You know, like to me, the pain that you're expressing, and just you know, not only the pain, but just the fact that you want to utilize your story to try to help somebody else, you know, and you've created this organization that you have to try to stop gun violence. You know. I know that it motivates me to do the work that I do. I know it motivates me to go out there and say, I don't want to hear another mother cry. I don't want to see another mother lose their child. You know, mothers are not supposed to bury their children. You know, the children are supposed to bury their mother, you know. So I know it motivates me. So I'm just I just want you to know that your bravery and your strength even in your tears a lot, you know, and they're gonna touch somebody, you know, I know this. It's gonna be somebody that hears your story. You know. There's gonna be a mother that hears your story and pushes and grabs her son, you know, because he might be in the street. Like you say, you knew your oldest son was outside and you aren't blind to it, and she might do something, to do anything extra to try to save them because she don't want to see that fate. A lot of a lot of mothers. And I noticed, because I speak to a lot of women who have children, A lot of women fear for their kids, especially their sons. They really fear for their sons, but they don't know what to do, you know, and hearing your story is gonna make them embrace them a little further, a little more and say, look, I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I don't want to lose my son like this.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna tell you one thing. As a single parent, because it's a lot of us here. You can't give up, you know, you cannot give up. And it's hard, aw man, it's so hard, but you can't give up because these black young men have to know that somebody loves them. These kids are feeling the pain of losing people too, and they may not want to talk about it, but it's here, these kids, these adults and everybody. It's not only people out here losing their children. Because I'm gonna take a step back. I lost my mother. I lost my mother. It's like I'm walking around here no empathy, no sympathy, but it's like I'm walking around here with already made up family that I set up Ever since I grew up. I could tell you about every single aspect of life, even down to losing a significant other, which was a brief.
Speaker 1: Friend and was your family always from Newark?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, So how does it feel to see Newark now making a real hard turn. It's not yet perfect, long way to go, people still dying, but there is a significant change, and that is because of the work that you and so many others have put in, and of course having a leader like Mayor Baraka who is very much so invested in helping young black men and girls and helping any disadvantage under resourced young person. How do you feel now knowing that Unfortunately your three sons didn't make it, but somebody son will make it because the city is really investing in young people.
Speaker 4: You hit the nail on the head. Let me tell you something I wish. I wish my boys could have been here to experience all of this. OVPT, the Brick City Peace Collective, oh Man New Direction, push you my sogn, Doctor Jamila Davis. It's a one hood. So many organizations out here that you even have. It's all about the seniors and children that's trying to teach people how to cut here. You have so many organizations out here. I wish I wish. You don't even know how many times I said, I wish my son would have got locked up in federal prison for the rest of his life. I wish, I wish that these organizations were here, But they were planning on the footwork. They were planning on the footwork. I remember when Keisha Eurver used to just beat the street for nothing, my sign. I remember when you beat the street for nothing tut his home, Shadi. I'm so proud of him to me give you a blessing. It's just so many people that I wish could have just touched my children. I could just see my son now, you know. And like I said, I can't help but two cries sometimes, but these are honestly tells the joy, you know, to talk about three children. Sometimes I get emotional. Sometimes I don't, but I really want to help impack somebody. I get stagnated a little bit, I really do. I get stagnated because I get scared because I know that I'm not a wonder woman, and I know that I have my breakdowns in my falls too. But I have to learn. I have to learn that it's okay not to be okay. It's okay not to be okay, especially with and I can only speak for myself what a person endures. It's okay not to be okay. And in my case, I think I could get that a little bit. It's okay not to be okay.
Speaker 1: Tell us about your organizations that you run.
Speaker 4: So through our voices again I made through our voices, believe it or not. Through our voices came up one of my girlfriends her son passed away, but he didn't pass away from gun violence. And so you know, it would be a lot of things that came up in the city, and it would somewhat be surrounded around gun violence, and she would always say to me, I'm not going. I don't think that's for me. And I'm like, you got a voice regardless of how your child passed away. That's your kid. You a good mother, I know you loved him. No, you got a voice too.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: Then I just thought about it. I'm like, through our voices, everybody has a voice, because yes, I bury my children, but I have friends that lost their parents and they suffer from depression. I have friends that lost their significant other, they suffer from depression. I have friends that just have lost siblings. They suffer through depression. I have friends that endure what we all endure, and they suffering from depression. You get it. So it's fear to think about everybody. It's not always fear. It's not always good to be selfish or just oh, this is only about gun violence. It's no. It's about sexual abuse, it's about domestic violence. It's about the trauma and depression of all this stuff. You know, my therapist that I talked to, that doctor Davis introduced me to, not one time has she said to me, you know sonya or ms Rogers, I think we need to talk you know, maybe you need to come in and get on a prescription or something like that. Not one time. And I'm here to tell anybody, God is the drug, Oh my god, it's not. It's not a prescription out here that can help men anybody's broken heart.
Speaker 3: Well, I will say, because I am an advocate for people getting what they need. So if for some reason you have been and I don't think people should just take medicine, because you know, I don't believe it's very difficult to get me to agree to take even a cold medicine or you know, fluid colds and whatever. I'm not into that. My parents were never people who kept medicine in the house. They didn't take medicine. But through my own anxiety, my son's father was killed when my son was two years old. I was eighteen nineteen years old when he died, you know, and he died because of gun violence. And I have also gone through a number of traumas in life. In fact, a book that I have coming out in just a couple of weeks really goes into everything that has happened, all that I endured that led me to a place where I learned. My problem, of course, was stressed, but it was also learning how to deal with anxiety and I needed medication. In fact, it helps me tremendously that I have something that helps to regulate all of the emotions that I go through, and I'm grateful for it. And so there are some people out there, and you probably are not one of them, Missnia, because you know you have found a way to handle your stress, your way.
Speaker 1: But there are people out here who.
Speaker 3: Need their prescription and they need to take it.
Speaker 4: Take your prescription something. And that's so true. And you know, my apologies for that because you just schooled me on something because honestly, maybe that's something that if it was offer or something like that, maybe it would help my anxiety, because my anxiety be through the roof. But I'm gonna tell you something. I go back to say this. Listen to your story and what you just said, what makes my story more important than yours because it was my children. You have a story. Hurt is hurt and pain is pain.
Speaker 3: Through our voices voices. Well, we appreciate you for joining us today. Your story is both heartbreaking and powerful. It's both sickening and an inspirational story. It seems that your story just runs on parallel course because on one side, it's sickening because I know that your sons were not born in trouble, they weren't born bad kids. But this society doesn't really provide a lot of opportunities for young black men to stay on the straight and narrow, And anybody who tries to argue otherwise with us, we're prepare. We got the receipts to prove to them that it's a trap, and some get out, but they are, what we say, the exception and not the rule. And I and I don't ever want you to walk away feeling that. And I appreciate that you said it's not a shame, because shame why the people or the what should be ashamed is the system of how this system has been designed to create stories like yours. There are people out here who want to see what happened to you and your sons happen, and they are still perpetuating it every single day. And we're like fighting, you know, tooth and nail to try to save our children.
Speaker 2: And I just, I just I want you to leave us with a word. There's some young kids in the streets, they young, and they running around and they got guns, and they got ops and they doing all of this stuff. And if somebody doesn't have a conversation, some words don't get into their minds, they're either gonna be in a graveyard or they're gonna be in a prison cell. So I want you to give those actors if you speaking to one of them young boys right now, and just tell them what you would say to them.
Speaker 4: You know, I speak to them on the streets daily because I work downtown North and I always say to them. This is my exact saying to them. You know, if you don't get yourself together, or you you to get yourself together, or however it goes, whatever happens to you in the street, you're not gonna know, You're not gonna feel it in anything. Your family is gonna be impacted by it. You don't want to hurt your mother, because your mother loves you. You don't want to hurt your sister, your grandmother and stuff like that. You know, and whatever you do out here in these streets, just remember it's gonna impact your family. And take a look at me. You don't want your mother to end up looking like me or being hurt like myself. And some of them listen, and you know, I'm gonna say this. They don't give some of our black young men the alcolades that they should, especially when they been shot and killed by the hands of another black man. You know, I never heard one time that because my last two sons were killed senselessly, absolutely not a thing. And I'll take that to my grave with that, because again, you can't be and deny you about your kid, especially when your child is in the street. And I have to be honest, you know. But my last son, my last son went to college. And you know, through all the podcasts that I did, I look back and I said, so you never acknowledge that that's an accomplishment for him and for myself, you know. And like Tamika said, you have to acknowledge. You gotta acknowledge sometimes. And I learned, I'm telling you, I learned how to acknowledge my hurt. I did. I had to learn how to acknowledge my hurt. Again, I'm not a superwoman, but I'm really going to try to help these children, the girls and the boys, because the young ladies out here, you know, they're going through it because they're angry, they're mad. Some of you know, some parents not there, but we want to get all of that together. That's right, Well, we just want to say all that together.
Speaker 2: We truly appreciate you and you are a superwoman to me, and that's why I wanted to bring you on this show.
Speaker 4: Love guys, and I'm here anything.
Speaker 2: Your strength motivates me. You know, the fact that you went through what you went through and you still find the energy and love to go out and still try to change this world. You know you didn't give up. So we appreciate you. You know we're here for you if you need us as usual. Continue to be superwoman. Don't let nobody tell you not.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, You're beautiful. Thank you so much for coming to be with us today.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you anytime. I couldn't let you guys down. I love y'all. Anytime you need me, I'm always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta have you in the studio next time.
Speaker 4: That part to me. Continue to be the inspiration that you are. Thank you, thank you, Thank you so much. And my sign you do the same.
Speaker 1: I got you so much.
Speaker 2: Shout out to miss Sonia Rogers. You know it's heartbreaking, but it's also inspirational to hear her story. You know. That's why I wanted to have her on, and I've been trying to get her on. You know, she's motivational, she's she still has a fight in her and she still has, you know, a lot of good energy. So I just, you know, hopefully somebody hears her story, you know, and understands how serious it is when we're dealing with this gun violence in the streets. I daily deal with these young kids and have these conversations with them, but I want them to see that a mother lose lost their children. You know, when you take somebody's life, that person's mother has to deal with them. Somebody takes your life, your mother has to deal with it. You know, if you don't care about yourself, you know, especially us as young men and men period, we always supposed to think about our mothers and the women around us. So let's let's try to do better for them.
Speaker 1: I know that's right, Let's try to do better.
Speaker 3: I'm glad she wasn't here because I think, you know, she was supposed to be in studio with us.
Speaker 1: But I think that if she was here, I probably.
Speaker 3: Would have been a watershed over here, because it's touching you know, and while she said it's happy tears because I know that a part of her just feels like she's just grateful to God that people care enough to have her on shows and talk to her and allow her to tell her story. And that's really all that some of these mothers want. They just want someone else to be inspired so that there doesn't have to continue to be these like bricks falling. Excuse me, these bricks falling from the foundation of our communities. You know, where do you know of white folks that say three of their children were killed in one family?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 1: That's it. I don't think I've ever.
Speaker 2: Heard it within a two to three year period and one within six months or the other one.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe, maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: It has happened, but I doubt it.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't mean that there are not families with multiple children where they're they have sons and or daughters who are in the street. It doesn't mean that, it doesn't mean that there is not a because you're not gonna tell me that white kids are perfect. It's a community design, and we just have to say it and name it so that no one will, you know, think that this is okay. And that is just her fault. You know, I appreciate that she's being honest about the conditions of the community and what her oldest son was into, you know, at least acknowledging that he wasn't a perfect kid. But I'm sorry, I know a lot of other people who don't have perfect kids either, and their children are not being killed like there. So there's got to be something in the community as well.
Speaker 2: It's definitely something in the community. So once again, shout out tomsths Sonya. You know, she's in our prayers and we hope she's in yours. And that brings me to my I don't get it now. We're talking about people losing their lives. We're talking about tragedy. We're talking about all these things. Everyone knows about the fires inside LA it's been, you know, the biggest tragedy. A lot of our friends live in LA. They've lost houses, a kind of people, family members, you know, you know, by the grace of God, that hasn't been as many fatalities as well.
Speaker 1: It's growing every day.
Speaker 2: So the other day it was twenty five fatalities. I haven't checked today, but anyway, you know, it's it's a global problem. Everybody is you know, doing what they can to help. You know, I've seen shout out to trade the truth, shout out to the game, shout out to all the other people people. You know, they abandon together as a community. They setting up shop, They have you know, tents, they got food, they got water, they got resources, trying to give to the families. But what I don't get is that I heard that there are people out there actually setting fires, Like why what kind of sick person that you have to be to go out while thousands of homes are on fire already, Like they got every firefighter in the world, people coming from around the world to help put out this fire, and you in the middle of the street trying to set fires, Like what the hell is going on? Like who are the people? I just want to know what is going through the mind of a person that sees that type of destruction around them and wants to contribute to that. I don't even understand the mind state that comes with some shit like that.
Speaker 3: Well, you said that there must be sick people, or they must be sick people, and they are. I mean, there are people who have serious mental health issues, right, And I just want to provide two perspectives.
Speaker 1: The first one is that some people are.
Speaker 3: Motivated by money or what they think can happen if a community, their entire community burns down. Perhaps they think that there's more insurance benefits for their community to be inhabitable, because you know, some of the insurance companies are like, well, as long as there's five walls standing up in your home, then it can be fixed. It can be remodeled and not just completely demolished. Like crazy stuff is going on with the insurance companies. And there are some people who probably have set fires to just kind of demolish and or harm other people. Maybe they didn't like the enable all the time. Then there are people who are arsonists, who are, like you said, have mental health. They're sick. It's something wrong with them. That's what they do. They set fires since they were kids. They always wanted to be the one setting fires. Some of these people set fires to their parents' house, their grandmother's house a long time ago.
Speaker 1: So that is another issue.
Speaker 3: Then you have people, okay, this is my unpopular opinion.
Speaker 1: You have people who.
Speaker 3: Are watching the destruction of folks who, even if they weren't super rich, they had some kind of means to be able to get a house and own it a little bit, and they have nothing, and so they are willing to destroy any and everything around in order to hurt other people because the system that we live in does not provide people with equal opportunity, It does not provide people with mental health services, it does not take care of all the citizens of America, all the people. And so what you have is some people that just like somebody might look at you and you be saying, why did you rob that older lady, like an elderly lady, why did you do that? But you got people out here that's like, oh, y'all not gonna be out here walking back and forth drinking your Latti latte and having good life. And we homeless and we ain't got nothing. So since is burning ship, let's burn it all down.
Speaker 2: It's really it's really disheartening. It is that that there are people that hate that bad right. There are people that don't want to see someone ahead of them or think that somebody has more. So they are that, you know, envious in their heart, you know. And it's it's really said. When I heard I was watching news and it was like, yeah, they're setting you know, their arsonists and then people setting fires and they're being charged, and I'm like, people will be saying, like, you would think this is the time to band together. You would think that the whole city's on fire. You think everybody should be coming on trying to figure out how do we help and actually know that there are people out there that are contributing and sating fires. It just blew my mind. So you know, I guess I'm naive to that because I don't even have an inkling of what it would feel like to want to contribute to that. I don't have There's nothing in me that can rationalize or even understand how a person would want to do that. So, you know, but it's a special place in hell for those type of people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I agree with that on her.
Speaker 2: And with that being said, we come to the end of another episode. Shout out to miss Sonia Rodgers. Please pray for Miss Sonia Rogers. You see her, you know, give her. I hope y'all listen to her have this conversation with these young boys when you're trying to change the mind state and the trajectory of what's going on in these communities. Let them hear her story. Three sons. Three of your son's gone within two to three years. You know that it's painful. But just to see her continue to move and continue her her thrive and her wants to create an organization to combat that's just the superwoman. And that's what I said. She's a superwoman. So shout out to you, miss Sonna, and to me. Could you have anything you.
Speaker 3: Want to No, no, no, no, sir, thank you, nothing at all. It was a heartbreaking yet powerful interview.
Speaker 2: Sure was well. That brings us to the end of another episode. Make sure you follow us and subscribe to our channel on YouTube at Tami Show PC and leave a comment. We want to hear all the comments. We want to hear all of the love. We want to hear even the hate. Make sure that you tell us what you feel because we're still the number one show in the world, and that's because we're the best show in the world. Right, come on, come on, come.
Speaker 1: On, come on, good night.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna always be right, Tamika d marriage is not gonna always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always be authentic.
Speaker 4: That's how we own it.