Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Coveno.
Speaker 2: Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. Hey, way is right, we are here. It's another week. Hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a team USA hockey sort of weekenda. Hopeiada, Ryan Garcia, Sean Shopman sort of weekend. Hope you enjoyed your fights, your hockey, your Olympics, your weekend. Let's have a great week I'm Steve Covino. Perhaps you recognize me from the History Channel new show debut this Sunday. I don't, but hey, History's Greatest Picks. No, no one watched it, all right? Perhaps you know me from Costco. I'm the guy eating all the free samples.
Speaker 1: That's me. Hey, guys, I saw that was there this weekend. Yeah, that's it's Davis.
Speaker 2: We're commedial Rich, Danny g Sam Elijah dan Byer.
Speaker 1: Be rocking out. Let's go, now what tons to get to? We're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: About pat Riley and statues and ties and oh my Darryl Strawberry, Pat McAfee, the Action Star, a bunch of random stuff to get to Pat McAfee the Action where We're gonna get to a bunch of stuff. I promise you that. But on the heels of USA, Usa, Usa USA, I have too thoughts. Props to counter Hella Buck props to well the whole team. Really Jack Hughes with the game winner in overtime, he's missing a tooth, but he got the gold medal.
Speaker 1: Props to the team that won.
Speaker 2: I can't say the better team.
Speaker 1: That's one of my gripes. That's why I brought it up.
Speaker 2: I have a threefold thing in my three in my in my threefold one, I feel like you missed out if you didn't at least wake up here on the coast, on the west coast, on the west side, if you turned it on at like seven thirty eight in the morning, you still caught it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'd love to take pride in saying what a game. I only saw the highlights. I was sleeping. I was like this, me me, me, No.
Speaker 4: Rich and I were texting and I'm like, where's Covino in this?
Speaker 1: Check me me?
Speaker 2: He also doesn't have little kids? You know, no, man, it was it was sleepy time, forsco. You don't have a little kid jumping on the foot of your bed. No, I have a sixteen year old pain in the ass, That's what I have.
Speaker 1: I did you want to switch? I'll switch with you.
Speaker 2: Being a parent of a little kid is easier in a pain in the as teenager.
Speaker 1: I promise you that at.
Speaker 2: Ten something am Eastern, which was said, you know seven something out here on the West coast, it's early Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: You throw it on and it was it was like middle of the third period, high score and I feel like I missed nothing, and what an exciting game. I'm not a hockey guy, but I feel like, of all the hockey we've seen in highlights, don't you feel like Team Canada like fast? Have you ever seen a faster hockey team?
Speaker 4: I did miss a lot, though you missed so many saves on both sides.
Speaker 1: Forty one saves for Hallibug.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've never seen a faster team, magical one when he saved that shot from was his name, Devin Taves, Devin Taves, Devin Taves.
Speaker 1: How do you say his name?
Speaker 2: Either way? Hell of a game. I saw all the highlights. I caught up real quick and take a lot of pride in saying it was forty six years to the day since they last won Miracle on Ice in nineteen eighty. So congratulations WUSA. Number one, it's a shame if you didn't wake up to at least watch the end of it right.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 2: If you lose a tooth in a gold medal winning game, or chip a tooth, I think you take you take your damn time replacing that. I think it's sort of like you gotta flaunt that for the next few weeks talk shows, late night shows, your media tour, you look that late night circuit. I think I think you make a dentist appointment for like March or April, and you get that fixed on too thirty.
Speaker 1: Thirty. I think you milked the hair, you milked the chip tooth for a little.
Speaker 4: While, and they got to give you a solid gold tooth.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean that that would be straight out of.
Speaker 4: You smile and you say, you say, you see my gold tooth. I won the gold.
Speaker 2: What if he melted down the gold in his medal and use that as the tooth. So I do think instead of going to the dentist like the next day, which we would all do, I think this guy needs to go a good month or so.
Speaker 1: Just give it. Everyone high fives with a chip tooth. That's that's what you gotta do. That's the movie.
Speaker 2: You're a hockey player. And I think the third thing I don't want to hear anyone say, well the better team law Well, Sidney Crosby wasn't playing, that would have been a different years. Guess what loss. They sort of dominated from what I saw. I admitted I didn't see the whole game, but I did watch the highlights to content and Dens version.
Speaker 1: I saw most of the war shots on Gold. Who cares.
Speaker 2: They seem to dominate most of the game. The puck just didn't go their way, as they say. But hey, I'm not trying to take anything away from USA. I'm just trying to say that kind of how we felt about the Broncos, like maybe they were the better team. I think you feel that way about Canada, but either way, USA wins. Bottom line, just that feeling of it. I know we could say it, and it's okay to say, but it means nothing. Oh well, they wanted the better team. Who cares? They won the gold It's fair enough in any sport. You're telling me, No way on Earth you could convince me the eighteen and o Patriots weren't better than that Giants team. Of course they were. But guess who won the Super Bowl? The Giants, And that's what you remember. They are champions this year, Dan Byer, Seahawks best team. They probably could have played a better AFC team, But guess what, that's not how it went. I hate the not the best team won, Well they did, they didn't.
Speaker 1: Don't give me this BS and not the best team, they're the best team. The best team won because.
Speaker 2: You can't act like you don't know what that sentiment sort of mean, but I think it's a BES sentiment. And Johnny goodrou honored by the team, which I thought was really cool, and the family was honored. Really special moment, really cool. They took his two little kids out there for the team photos. Yeah, I thought that was way solid. So you know, one of those magical moments that I think everybody remembers, and everybody remembers where they were when he watched it. Me, I'll be remembering sleeping that morning right through it. But again, special moment props to the American hockey team. I heard when you woke up that morning your girlfriend said you didn't even place. No, not even not even true. I will say I get the sentiment of like, this team didn't win. But life is circumstantial, right. Think about you know, you met your wife because you guys both happen to be single at the same time. You got your job because the minute you were needing a job. Oh, they're having to be an opening. Life is based on circumstance. So when you say this guy was injured or oh, I mean they didn't play great that day, you're pretty much describing life. Just how life goes, Just how the ball bounces. That's how the puck slides or I don't know, whatever the puck does, how the cookie crumbles. As Crystal Methods said back in the was it late nineties, early two thousands, that's.
Speaker 1: The name of the game. That's just how it goes sometimes.
Speaker 2: So congrats if I'm Canada, though, man, you lose two overtime games two to one Men's and Women's so much for you being the Kings of hockey.
Speaker 4: And you lose the World Series to the Dodgers. What are you gonna tell me next?
Speaker 2: Better Seyrup comes for the United States?
Speaker 1: What we're gonna MELTI cops, now that are cooling down?
Speaker 3: Rich?
Speaker 4: What you've been describing about? Oh that you know it wasn't the better team who got the w. As a Dodgers fan, I read a lot of that from Blue Jays fans after that World Series was over.
Speaker 1: Blue Jay's had a solidity.
Speaker 4: They did, but they were making posts saying the better team didn't win that wee yes, it's a better team.
Speaker 3: One of the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers found a way to win. That sentiment to me, it feels like sour grapes. It feels like sore loser behavior. Like you know, I see it a lot with little kids because I do a lot of coaching. Fair Hey, the scoreboard is all that matters, is really what it comes down to. So I'm not obviously trying to take away from Team USA. I'm just trying to paint the picture of the overall sentiment and the temperature. If you watch social media, if you read about the team, if you saw how they dominated most of the game, but that doesn't tell the whole story. You gotta look at the scoreboard and point at it and say, hey, well, USA still wins two to one in overtime. What I heard in Jack Hughes's hero Hella Buck is a household name. Props to everybody involved, and congratulations again. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I heard we because we beat Canada twice. I heard we also acquired Jim Carrey officially Mike Myers, poutine and ketchup. You know what's funny as you're taking fun jabs and nanny Nanny poof poof all day to Canada. But Canadians take it really to heart, like they're real serious about it, if you read the feedback, like they don't take the jabs lightly at all.
Speaker 1: I know, because.
Speaker 2: They're riding around the block right now and their snowmobiles been like, oh hey, that was terrible. See you're still poking fun sat All the Canadians listening to know that it's rich Davi is talking smack because their life sort of revolves around it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of tears.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of tears in Tim and Tim Horton's coffee this morning. It's not like, oh another one time. They're really upset about the one. Oh so again that's their game.
Speaker 1: Throwing the Stanley cup terrout.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Oh yeah, you big fandom cheesys. It's like they're better than cheetos. You ever have Canadian cheesies? Oh God, I love Canada and rich Nos cheesies, trust me.
Speaker 1: But hey, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 5: Canada didn't they win the Four Nations face off?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 1: Did they win?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 1: Like last year? That was great? Dan Byer's nodding, so I know it's hem congratulations. They got a silver medal.
Speaker 2: They get a stuffed animal too. We're Covino and Rich and you can watch what you hear at YouTube dot com slash at Covino and Rich FSR. We're streaming live as we speak. The feedback's coming in on YouTube live again at Covino and Rich FSR. All of our shows, including our bonus podcast, over promised. It's there and remember to check the podcast. Danny g posted the Best of the Week. Last week was a crazy week of Dan Patrick fill Ins and of course our regular show The Best of Us up.
Speaker 1: The best of the week is up.
Speaker 2: Everything up on the podcast search Covino and Rich wherever you stream and rate it five stars.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Now coming up on this show, Last One Standing, your chance to win some prizes. We do that on Mondays. Plus we're going to talk some pat Riley. He had a big weekend and who's the next action hero. We'll explain. But it was a great weekend of fighting too again strickling with the big win over Hernandez. You got Ryan Garcia winning his first belt. A lot of people surprised that this was the first belt he ever won at one forty seven over Mario Brios. So some great fights, some great hockey you know what, and some big fight announcements today.
Speaker 1: Rich one other thought about hockey.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, you're a hockey expert? You like these boneheads on social media? Are you a winter storm expert? To tell me about all the snow on the East coast? What ever is going on in the world. Everyone on social media acts like they're the overnight expert. Oh no, I'm not claiming experts that. Are you an expert on punched the Monkey? Are you more of a slap the monkey expert. I know what you are.
Speaker 1: Are you a spank the monkey expert?
Speaker 2: I think the one thing that was sat of a bummer is that because this country is so politically driven and divided that I think we should all be able to appreciate that call from President Trump to Team USA, like you're going to try to convince people on Trump. I agree with you, but you're wasting your breath. Save your breath. I'm just seople hate that man so much. No matter what you say, they're gonna hate it. But I'm saying, love him, hate him doesn't matter. A call from the President in that capacity was beautifully I think it's an honor regardless of your political affiliation. It's the President congratulating you on your gold medal victory. How can you say that's not awesome because people hate the guy Rich.
Speaker 4: This is like the time you said the bad Bunny thing wasn't going to lead to a debate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are not you.
Speaker 2: We have listeners from our Patreon that are like, yeah, completely disagree.
Speaker 1: Rich.
Speaker 2: He's an a hole. I don't care who he is. I don't want to a lot of people think he ruined that much. But to me, much like how people took the Bad Buddy halftime show Like, you know, dude, I'm not saying I don't agree with you. I'm saying, save your breath. You're never going to convince people that dislike him that it was a solid move. I'm a pretty passionate guy, but I'm fascinated what other people are passionate about, Like like the fact that you could like hate on a halftime show so much, or hate on a congratulations from the President to the team, like these are just good moments, like to to try to just make it political when it's really just the president. Unifying moment is the victory, not the president. But I think the President inviting them to the State of the Union in that fun little interaction on the phone and one of the hockey guys being like, hey, don like that to me was just a really cool moment, like and to the cloud is nice. But then to cloud it with like, yeah, I hear Trump, like you can hate him, like you're gonna come on.
Speaker 5: I think it's did he say cash hotel on assignment the FBI director to go Chuck Beers?
Speaker 2: Wait, I thought that was Sean McVay with a tan no oh, that wasn't Sean McVay with a tan Also, oh my god, Okay, that's gotta be racist, doesn't do You don't think they look alike at all. That's like when people say Jay Z and Tru look aike racist barely. I think I was like, wait a minute, that's got to be racist.
Speaker 1: So your thoughts on the Weekend of Hockey? You think he looks like Sean McVay cut.
Speaker 2: From the same cloth. You can't see how they're cut from the same cloth. No, not even body language.
Speaker 5: You really think he was like, yeah, how many Yet they look they look kind of like, really, you're not seeing it?
Speaker 1: No, great cash, Homi. I don't see it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't see it at all, even a little not even not even a tiny event. Really, what do you tell me next? You? What are you gonna tell me next? You don't look like a like Mary Lopez? No, but I'm guessing that it's a social media side by side and other people talking about it, Like, I get that people are talking about it, but I don't see it. But I did see him celebrating with the team, so it was a prideful, should be unifying victory. Great weekend of sports hope you enjoyed the Olympics. I hope you enjoyed the fights. I did allude to speaking of the fights. A big announcement. I'll just say it if you haven't seen it on social media. Floyd me whether has that exhibition coming up with Mike Tyson. Right, but guess what. As of today, they announced that Mayweather Paki how Too is going down September nineteenth at the Las Vegas Fear on Netflix. So another fight that nobody asked for, but a fight that I'm intrigued by kind of as a fight fan. And I'll simply put it this way and we can move on. Mayweather's got that fifty and oh, that fifty and oh and that victory over pac Man. I worry for him putting that oh in jeopardy that oh could possibly go if determined. Many Pakiao really wants that vengeance, but he's taking that chance.
Speaker 1: Is he thirsty for the game or does Mayweather need money?
Speaker 2: Like there's gotta be I mean, but again, you know, both guys past their prime. No one's really asking for that, but we'll all tune in. This is a legitimate fight, their second fight, and I think Pako is going to go all out while Mayweather's to try to cruise past another victory. I'm not saying he's taking his competition lightly. I'm saying there's more hunger from the pac Man side of things, wanting to avenge himself in this situation. So the fight game gets cloudy, continues to become a circus, but we reap all the benefits. I guess well, there's a lot of other things that went on in the world of sports and not in sports, Danny Geek, we all agree on one thing not sports related. That dude Chris from Love is Blind? What a weedy hobbit boy.
Speaker 3: Oh man, he's a douche canoe.
Speaker 1: They call him hobbit boy, hobbit douche. That guy's the worst.
Speaker 2: I love that guy actually because it just makes you look better if you watch what you're significant other. But do you think maybe and you guys could agree like for dis guy?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 2: If you don't watch Love Is Blind? I don't blame you, But this goes for any reality contestant that's a total clear villain douche.
Speaker 1: Are they doing it? Is that really him?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 2: You think it's like listen, if I'm gonna be on the stupid show. I want to be like villain famous. He doesn't give any flying f's said it twenty times. Yes, he doesn't give a flying out. He was really leaning into it. I think that guy had Honestly, they alluded to it. Too many tequila shots that night as possible. But hopefully enjoyed your weekend of dumb reality shows, some fights, and some USA hockey. Hope you had a cash hotel sort of weekend. Yeah, that guy was celebrating. Enjoy Well. I've a thought about something that went down with Danny g you'r Lakers and pat Riley, and we'll get to that next Right here on a Monday, can you know retch right here on Fox Sports Radio, ready to tackle your financial goals With We Bowl. You don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or a pro. You don't have to sit on sidelines like Sidney Crosby, whether you're a rookie or a pro. Bowl puts you in the game with tools that help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options, and ets, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform. We Bowl their app pairs Advanced analytics with real time data, so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, stay in control, and now meet Vega, the personal AI assistant. You could say things like analyze my watch lister, watch out for this stock, and let me know the outlook at Guyzing real time stock analysis, volatility insights and fundamentals that turn com complex signals into plain English. Want a wider view of the field, Use portfolio x ray to spot trends, manage risk, optimize the performance of your portfolio. Stop punting your financial future. Join wee Bol's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas at fellow investors. Download the we Bowl app today on mobile or desktop we bowlwe bull or visit we bowl dot com.
Speaker 6: We both Financial LLC and member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com. Slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: So the better team didn't win well, the scoreboard says two to one USA, and that's the name of the game.
Speaker 1: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.
Speaker 2: What up, Nosy, It's Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: What up Sam?
Speaker 2: On the Ones and Twoes our sound architect. We got Danny g Super producing and he produced Last One Standing. We'll be playing later today giving away prizes against the great Dan Byer. He's got your updates in about ten minutes. We got Elijah on the videos because our buddy Spot's recovering from knee surgery, so we got the video up at Covino and Rich FSR. Streaming live at Covino and Rich FSR. You can chime in live feedback coming in, and of course our bonus podcast is also there if you miss Thursdays, over Promised, Over Promised with Covino and Rich Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube. But we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and Rich. Yeah, Bud, you living a skid free life you're always dreaming about I.
Speaker 1: Dreamt about this for years.
Speaker 2: Hey, we got dude wipes now switch to life changing wet extra large flushable dude wipes because wetter just cleans better. Available at Amazon all major retailers. Dude wipes, Dude wives us, do I best clean pants down?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yes, dam Bayer A man of the people, dB. Early Sunday morning, your son Brody jumping on the bed. Do you wake up early to watch some of this hockey or were you uh in Snowstown, USA with Steve Cavino over here, I caught damn by a midbite of a treat or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait to go rich totally did I actually need like ten more seconds?
Speaker 1: Good job that shampbire hold on.
Speaker 2: So that was Sunday morning. Sunday morning, rain is falling. Saturday night, I had my turbo house party on serious Excess. What you record, so don't make it all you were raging, but I was also watching fights, Cold Max and relaxing. So I stayed up late and I slept in a little bit on Sunday. Believe me, I woke up right as it was ending. So it's not like I slept in my Sunday like it's a lazy Sunday. I'm sleeping until noon. You lie, not the kids. Do you lie and tell people, Oh it's hot? No, no, you can't. You can't fake the funk. I didn't see it live, but I, you know, obviously caught all the postgame and after math and highlights.
Speaker 7: I'm going to be that guy probably shared too much information. Saturday was a family day, so hanging out with my wife and Brody and we went and did a bunch of stuff. That he wanted to do, so I missed Duke Michigan the big college basketball game. I recorded that, so when they went to bed, I watched that game when they were asleep, So then I was up till about midnight. Knew there was no way I was going to get up for the gold medal game, so I recorded it.
Speaker 3: Woke up at nine.
Speaker 7: Didn't touch my phone, immediately turned on the DVR, and we watched it on the dvr.
Speaker 3: I heard my phone dinging. I just left it on the charger.
Speaker 7: I didn't even look pulled the old fashioned We had the full, the full experience.
Speaker 3: It was just delayed because it did sleep in on sithe.
Speaker 2: The same magic though. Yes, absolutely it was awesome. Yes I should have did that. You should think ahead. I was thinking about stupid Mario watching that stupid fight. Did Ryan Garcia and up beat him twelve of the twelve rounds? Right, It was like a perfect game. It really was. Ryan Garcia was crispy, crispity, crunchity, and when he's winning, when he's fighting good boxing is more exciting. Like I said, even today, Mayweather Pakiao too was announced for September, so there's a bunch going on. But yeah, I stayed up late watching that fight. I want to talk Lakers, but real quick. Oh, by the way, you're right, I did look up Cash Betel side by side with Sean McVay.
Speaker 1: I told you now that you say I see it, especially.
Speaker 2: Though it's not like you see that and think that until you see them side by side at it. Come on, right, people have made some great you know, the internet wins every time. Hotel was in the locker room Team USA locker room celebrating after the gold medal victory. Great photo which is posted on our YouTube live stream live stream. Quick question before we get it to the Lakers, would you, because I'm I think tonight I'm pulling the pulling the trigger on this. If you had a trip planned in the next month to Mexico, would you be like, yeah, not a good time.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're pulling the trigger on what el mensho? No no, saying.
Speaker 2: Like, if you planned on going to Mexico, would you be scared to go to Mexico even if it's a different part.
Speaker 1: Why would you take that chance if you have insurance on your trip? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Rich already told me he has insurance on this trip, right, isn't that why you buying sh Actually, isn't this more dangerous than some sort of stupid scattered shower that might happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I did pay the actual Like, are you like the number one coach in the valley and Superdad with two little rugrats at home picking their nose waiting for you? Why take that chance to go?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You can go any time, That's true? Rich God insurance on his trip.
Speaker 1: Would you?
Speaker 2: Basically the question is would you risk go into Mexico when there's all this cartel craziness going on At the moment, the trip's like a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Sam, would you try to see if things settle down or it's mid March.
Speaker 5: I've been on alert like this for about fifteen years. Mexico has incredibly dangerous places in it. I personally I would go there. Yeah, and totally spots to Mexico. Yes, to Mexico. No, well, anywhere in Mexico. Anywhere in Mexico. I would not go. Been abducting people and beheading them for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: I've been that with no problems for the past we went to Mexico.
Speaker 1: I know, like, you'll be fine, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: But right now is a different situation. I would you know to to know or pretend like we know where it's going to be in a few weeks.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. We don't know what's going to happen there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know nothing about the politics or anything behind it. I'm just saying as a as a guy that rarely goes on vacation. My wife and I are doing a long weekend, and it seems like Mexico is no longer the spot that I might know, the devastation and all the Elementso cartel nonsense is further away from Rivia Romayah, which is where you're going or going on chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once a Costco is on fire, then you know. Okay, let's proceed with caution, going for we.
Speaker 2: Pick a different nice spot, all right. I do want to tell about your Lakers, Daniel Jes like.
Speaker 1: Rich guy problems to me? I got insurance in my trip. What do you think I should do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: One goes on vacation.
Speaker 2: No, but why would you need to go You can go anywhere else. That's why you got the insurance. Everyone listening to our sure right now goes on vacation. Yeah, but if you got insurance on your trip, right, well, because you know what, how is that? I'll give you the analogy, Danny G. You lived in California your whole life.
Speaker 1: Right, Should I go to Aruba or rivera Ormaya?
Speaker 2: Are these things normal people do? I know, I'm not saying the guys I'm renting a. You know I'm going to Bora.
Speaker 1: Bora, Mexico is a touristy place.
Speaker 5: Boring some parts are Listen, you guys have already gone to Mexico how many times?
Speaker 1: Several each Probably you'll most likely be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying, yeah, but this is a different level of crazy because they killed the main cart and Mexican military already killed this guy. It's caused a lot of devastation, and a lot of it was put on by American pressure to hey, you guys need to take care of this dude, and they did.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll go there and all of a sudden they'll confuse me at someone or like a movie plot and I'm the new drug lord or something. Hey I'm ill, I mean, but hey, just be safe out there, That's all I'm saying. Forever some beautiful beaches there, rich just don't go there right now. All I'm saying I'm not pulling a Sam. I'm saying probably not right now, it's probably not a big deal. But my analogy I was Sam would be we're we're not from the West Coast.
Speaker 1: We live out here. Now. If something happens like Sacramento, we have family members that are like, are you guys okay? And it's like yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: If you knew how far away that was from Los Angeles, you wouldn't be calling. But I appreciate your worry and like places that are that stuff's going down. Yeah, but the tracks tourist attractions can make a big statement from the slow laps out there craziness.
Speaker 3: I gotcha.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, I saw something that made me chuckle. Your boy, pat Riley's got a sense of humor on him. I'm I'm a pet Riley fan. I feel like he's a winner. He lives the life of Riley. I mean when people say life of Riley, I assume it's him. It was either him or John c Riley. But based on all these championships, it's probably got to be Probably Pat pet Riley gets a statue erected. You don't have to beat that, Sam, Sam in his honor.
Speaker 1: A statue.
Speaker 4: First Lakers coach with a statue.
Speaker 2: By the way, we've talked about this before, Danny number retired, everything.
Speaker 1: Statue might be number one. Statue is the highest of honors.
Speaker 2: If you asked me, four time champion, like Danny G said, first LA Laker coach with a statue, got his hand raised in victory. He's got the suit and tie on number Lake style number retired. Yeah, ring of honor also amazing all these things. Statue I think is the that's the top tier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we argued on the show before about having a street named after.
Speaker 2: You again, Vince Scully Way, and the streets are yeah Street, that's a good one too, But well, the story decided on street Street Street was the ultimate honor. But a statue's right there is close second.
Speaker 1: So he gets a statue and he starts addressing all his great players in the eighties, and for a second, I'm like, oh, it gets a little weird because he he singles out James Worthy and I'm like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: And then it's just his little punchline. Take a listen to pat Riley over the weekend.
Speaker 8: I was born to be a Laker in nineteen seventy at the Forum. No, with these guys right here, all of these men right here, and of all of them, there's only one who is show we true repect today, and that's James Worthy. He has a tie on.
Speaker 1: That get clever.
Speaker 8: Everybody's down a little too casual. Two thousand dollars fine for everybody.
Speaker 1: So I agree with him.
Speaker 2: If you don't believe them, you don't believe me, go to the airport and watch the slobs walking around the hallway.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassed. Doparaly always laugh like that. Ha ha ha. By the way, I did a little I did a little chat.
Speaker 2: Shept just for just for record, pat Riley has won nine NBA championships in total, five as head coach, four with the Lakers, one with the Heat, as an assistant coach with the nineteen eighty Lakers, as a player with the Lakers in seventy two, and as an executive twice with the Heat. Like talk about winning, it's almost understated, underrated. Even though he got this statue out there, what's up?
Speaker 3: dB?
Speaker 7: I know Cavino mentioned the airport, but honestly, since COVID, the two things that annoy me most in sports are the lack of attire by coaches. I am a golf fan, you guys know. I love the sport of golf europ I love a quarter zip absolutely. I just don't think coaches on the sidelines of NBA or college basketball games should be wearing them, even if they're all color coordinated. I love the the comments by Riley, but also sport coat and tie message to JJ Reddick, let's uh, you know, let's clean this up.
Speaker 1: Isn't it true?
Speaker 2: On his way out the door here, you gave gottliba tie and he threw it on the floor.
Speaker 1: You know, is that true?
Speaker 2: DB's right, pat Riley's right, and I'm not trying to get on my soapbox here, but we should be embarrassed. When I say we, I mean you and your kids. Everybody walking around in their pajama pants. I drop my kid off my high school. I'm embarrassed for these kids. They look like hobos out there. I can't believe how sloppy today's world is. And it's embarrassing when you look back at an old ball game. Everyone's there with their trench coats and their hat sea and their ties, and hey, look at it's a day out for everybody. Everybody wears their sun best. Traveling was an honor. They'd go to the airport looking great.
Speaker 1: People show up.
Speaker 2: People in leadership positions, like Dan said, coaches look like slobs. Oh, doesn't anybody have any pride in You're right? I do think COVID was the was the catalyst. Now were spiral of I'm looking at a guy who wore sweatpants for four years.
Speaker 1: After that, I had to be like enough, dude.
Speaker 2: I crutched on the sweatpants the joggers, which became way too common for everyone. Air Travel went from dress up luxury. You could look comfortable and still look presentable. But now I feel like you go.
Speaker 1: On a flight fifty percent of the flights wearing the you know, pajamas with like a bear slippers at the airport.
Speaker 5: Well before COVID, people were very casual on flights, out of control.
Speaker 1: Now you're thinking you all want comfort.
Speaker 2: But like I said, you could wear comfortable clothing and still look presentable like an adult, especially in leadership.
Speaker 1: There's young folks that try up for a flight in pajama pants a hoodie with like pimple stickers on their face. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: How we've lost all control, Like how you're supposed to look only in the confines of your own home is now public and you're very close to people too, And by the way you write next to somebody.
Speaker 1: We could point at the weienioles.
Speaker 2: But the adults are to blame too, because parents could be like yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: First of all, we do the same thing a lot of times, but not to the extreme of these kids. Like a parents should be like, hey, look presentable, you slob, go back here, but put something on. So I did write down a question for everyone, and I feel like I know where dB stands on this. Now is the tie sort of an antiquated old news type of thing. And I say this because you go to weddings now and a lot of guys that are really put together, handsome fellas will wear a nice fitted suit and expensive suit, a dress shirt, nice shoes, no tie. I agree with I've noticed. I don't think you need the time. When you see the lineup of Laker legends that were there ring pat Riley, a lot of guys are probably wearing, you know, five thousand dollars suits, just weren't rocking a tie. And I just wonder it's like a tie. Our parents and grandparents' generation won't. I've been to weddings where I'll be honest, I wore a nice suit, didn't.
Speaker 1: Wear a tie.
Speaker 2: I've broken that rule too. I think you don't know the class and sharp without the tie. I think there's you still look presentable and cool and and like you said, you wear a real nice, expensive suit with a nice shirt underneath. I don't think you always need the tie. I do think it's a little antiquated, a little business, a little stuffy, But I don't think there's any crime in wearing it either.
Speaker 1: How do we like so dB, Let's let's get this right. We like our basketball.
Speaker 2: Coaches and hockey coaches suited up, tie, suit and tie right, yep. Baseball managers love to our uniform like they're about to jump in the game. Sure have a little wind breaker right, a little uh?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: And football, what is there a rule? Football? Do we want like team apparel with a lass revisor?
Speaker 3: That's not required by the NFL.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, I don't know if we've talked about this before, but coaches and wanting to wear suits in the NFL wouldn't let that be because they want to sell the the hat of.
Speaker 3: The month or the pullover of the month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've noticed that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, Kyle Shanahan's just a you know, when I'm watching my Niners, I'm like, he's just rocking the hat that you see fans wearing.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, so I guess that kind of that. You know, horses out of the barn and I don't know if they could ever reel anything in. I just wish they'd allow the option to do it. If thirty coaches want to wear the issue topperrel, that's fine, But if you want to dress it up with a sport coat and tie, let him do it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Not only did Riley call out everybody except for James Worthy, he also said that he wishes NBA coaches stayed suited up like he did. He wishes they went back to coats and ties. I feel riches on the tie. Will take your feedback. I know you're picturing too like I don't think Gunny, you're picturing Van Gundy and his tie with people hanging on his leg. Gain fo all right, let's go to dB for an update. Well, we'll discuss this more. Your thoughts at eight seven seven ninety nine, on Fox.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: DBA? What Up? Dan? Guys?
Speaker 7: In the NFL, the Falcons are expected to place the franchise tag on Tight and Kyle pitts it's going to be worth more than sixteen million dollars. Cowboys Executive vice president Stephen Jones told reporters today that the team is leaning on placing the franchise tag on wide receiver George Pickens. Rams have named Cliff Kingsbury as their assistant head coach, joining Sean McVay staff. We knew Kingsbury was going to be with the Rams, now we know in what capacity. Ohio Stata side defensive coordinator Matt Patricia to a new deal Jazz Center. Use of Nurkic done for the year. He'll need surgery on his injured nose. According to NBA insider Chris Haynes, Suns guard Dillon Brooks out four to six weeks with his broken hand. That timetable provided by ESPN Duke the new number one in the AP Top twenty five men's college hoops Paul. They beat former number one Michigan on Saturday. The Wolverines dropped the third. Arizona is now second. You come the unanimous number one in the women's Top twenty five rankings. It's a record six hundred and fifty fifth appearance in the rankings for head coach Gino Oriema. It's Floyd Mayweather against Manny Pakiao for the second time at the Sphere on Netflix on Saturday, September nineteenth in Las Vegas. In five on the American skier Lindsay Vaughan said she almost lost her left leg after suffering severe injuries following her crash in the Winter Game, so she attempted the ski on a torn acl She said. Emergency surgery saved that leg, as she fractured the left leg and that led to compartment syndrome. Von back of the US trying to recover, guys, back to you.
Speaker 2: It's wild, men, It's crazy, Like God bless doctors and surgeons and people to do this. Imagine like a skiing accident, she loses a leg, like we downplay like she almost also, like imagine go through life without a leg after being the greatest skier. And you know that's thank god she's she's on the men's all right. More Kevin on Rich and your thoughts on this whole suiting up thing. Have we got too casual, she'd coaches wearing suits. Oh, we've definitely gotten too casual. But there is a compromise, right, do you need to tie in today's world your thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox And of course we're streaming live at Covino and rich fsry you could chime in there. All right, we got more in our next Now, if you're ready to tackle your financial goals, you got to hook it up with WE Bowl. With we Bowl, you don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or pro. We Bowl put you in the game with tools that help you make the moves you want.
Speaker 1: You can trade.
Speaker 2: Stocks, options, ETFs, or you can put a long game cash management, retirement accounts, all on one simple platform. We boles At pairs advanced analytics with real time data so you could read the defense, adjust your strategy, and stay in control. And now meet Vega, your personal AI market assistant. Ask questions like analyze my stock, analyze my watch list, or what's the outlook for this stock? Get real time stock analysis, volatility insights, and fundamentals that turn complex signals into plain English.
Speaker 1: If you want to wide review.
Speaker 2: Of the field, very simple, use portfolio x ray, spot trends, market risk and optimize your performance. Stop punting away your future in the finance world. Join wee Bol's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the we Bowl app today on mobile or desktop we bull or visit wee bowl dot com.
Speaker 6: We both Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit whee bul dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: That's why I love you, Sam, You're the only guy who cares. You're the only guy who listens to me. Well, Danny G too. Danny G's the best in the game. He's our super producer on the phones at eighty seven to seven ninety nine on FOE. So that only leaves me Yeah, exactly. Suit and tie Timberlake style, I love it. What do you think of it? Is the time necessary? And your thoughts on looking like a slob nowadays? Everybody way too casual to quote Bartie Stintson, Suit up. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio as time for our Tirac play of the day. Pretty sure you knew that this would be our choice from yesterday.
Speaker 1: Now Jacquo, but I'm faced with numbers back as it comes.
Speaker 7: Jack Switcher the golden call for thee.
Speaker 1: Who was the first time since the nineteen.
Speaker 3: In the United States.
Speaker 2: Takes the ball courtesy courtesy of NBC, And that was the tyrech play of the day. Kenny Albert on that call. Does that make it even like sweeter? Yes, Like I'm such a big fan of big moments having the right voice, and that was fantastic.
Speaker 1: So that's our tyrec play the day.
Speaker 2: And for forty years, Tyrak's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection, convenient insulation options like mobile tire installation tirag dot com the way tire bud should be. So pat Riley was honored as he should be. The fourth time Laker Champion, got a statue raising his fist in victory, the hand on the hip he re enacted it. He's got a suit and tie on. And not only is he there in his suit and tie the statue, where's the suit and tie? And of course he calls out jeams Worthy the only guy with enough respect to wear the suit and tie and his presentation, but also and he.
Speaker 1: Has an evil left. Whoever knew that pat Riley has his own like.
Speaker 2: He also calls out not only our society today being over the casual, but other NBA coaches and people of leadership. It's like, come on, man, wear a suit and tie if you're an NBA coach, That's what he's suggesting. I don't think you need to tie though, I don't, but you gotta look like you're in a power position.
Speaker 1: You gotta look sharp.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, the guys that run this ship, don't you respect them because they always come presentable. Scott and Don always looking good. Don, I've never seen a wrinkle in our boss Don's shirts. Ever, his shoes are always crisp, like he just magic erased them.
Speaker 1: The dude doesn't have a hair out of place.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if Don Martin showed up somewhere in pajamas?
Speaker 2: Seriously, No, I'd never see Scott, dude, I'd never seen anyone in a composition. I had a boss tell me one time. You never see like someone in a power position looking like a slob. And you never see someone in a power position running to the office because they're the guys in charge. You never see them running to a meeting because they're late, because the meeting doesn't start till they get there.
Speaker 1: They're the they're the guys in charge.
Speaker 2: You can't be that guy looking like a schoolboy with a backpacking backwards hat. So that's where Colin gets that that sort of sentiment from team My goodness, can you believe pat Riley?
Speaker 1: Can you believe these guys kissing asks or what?
Speaker 2: I think there's a time and place to be casual. But I think we've gone overboard. That's the thing. We've gone way overboard. And I do agree with Dan Byer. Covid was the slippery salt. We never came back.
Speaker 4: Plus, when people run up to Don Martin to get a Dan Marino autograph, he needs to look presentable.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, he looks like somebody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you got to look like you want to be somebody, look like somebody. Pat Riley wrecked him, dant near killed him. Hey what do they always say? He dress of the role you want? If you're not getting that respect, maybe that's why who is it? Better left him or I Leen Goo? I lean goo had to go until right goo?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Sam, we had it the other day. Do you delete it in a ready jeez? Alright, I'm more next seeing or I hanged like