Speaker 1: All right, we hear you.
Speaker 2: We're listening, and I promise tomorrow starts our brand new episodes. Yees.
Speaker 1: Second Date Podcast. Promise, yes, promise. You're so excited. It is definitely drama filled, so you're not gonna want to miss it. And today we just got a classic for you to enjoy. All right, before we get to it, comments Alexis.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tyrone Banks said, when I go fishing and don't catch anything for a while, I put on this podcast and then a fish bites as soon as I put it on, So we help.
Speaker 1: I guess we're going to cast your polls. I don't know the same. There we go.
Speaker 4: We know Jeff's really into birds. Maybe he's talking to fish.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: That's my fish face. Oh you're talking to them. Okay, yeah, let's start this please. That's what I said, broken Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date Updates.
Speaker 4: Here's a dilemma you might face in the dating world. Let's say you have a hot date scheduled, okay, but the day of you are just out of it, whether you're sick, or you're jet lagged, or just depressed because of what happened on Love Island earlier. Whatever it is you know you're not in the best shape. Do you cancel, you reschedule? Do you ask a friend to sub in that night?
Speaker 5: For you?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of things you could do, but for me, Bro, Yeah, you know I wasn't. But I bring it up because one of our listeners knew he wasn't in peak form for date night and now he needs our help. His name is Lawrence, So Lawrence, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, zero to one hundred. Where are you at right now?
Speaker 6: I'm like twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Oh you're still wow?
Speaker 4: Wow. Most people don't. Brook doesn't normally ask people to rate themselves on attractiveness on a scale of one hunter, but you know.
Speaker 1: It was like how he was feeding.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, before we move on a scale of one to ten thousand. Yeah, all right, enough with the rating scales. Tell us you said in your email that you knew you weren't in the best form the night of your day. Why did you say that?
Speaker 6: So the day before I had gotten back from this bachelor party in Vegas and it was crazy. O, No.
Speaker 1: You were you were hungover. I feel way less bad. Yeah, I'm sorry, this is different.
Speaker 2: Why would you schedule a date the day after a bachelor party?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I really thought this girl was cute and I thought it was my only shot. I really just wanted to meet her where she was at.
Speaker 2: And you were going to be a responsible guy at the bachelor party in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was a plan, but obviously I didn't follow it through.
Speaker 3: It seems like when you have a pull out his class in the morning after a night out. You know, if you're like, I'm gonna make it so.
Speaker 1: There's more at steak when it comes to a day are expensive.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, if you feel like this is my one chance to actually go out with this really cool person, you're not going to skip or like pass on it. You're going to do whatever it takes. Yeah, so I get why you would go out with her, but the Vegas thing from the night before, for you were sleep deprived, that's what you were trying to tell him on top of.
Speaker 6: Ye over, Yeah, took forever to get a ride home from the airport. When I finally get home, I ended up staying up editing my fantasy baseball lineup, which was not a good choice.
Speaker 4: Hey, dude, you know I just got one too, so I don't blame him as I half an hour to edit your lineup.
Speaker 1: The sympathy I had is gone now.
Speaker 3: Jeff set it up like you were going to get really sick or something out of your control happenings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we stayed up all night. Do we know?
Speaker 4: Maybe he was sick on top of all of this.
Speaker 6: Look, I came in last place last year. That can't be get.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, girls, you can understand this is so dumb.
Speaker 6: And then I finally get to sleep and my dog woke me up in the middle of the night for no reason.
Speaker 4: Get it, people on the plan, So tell us what did you do with April? What was your date idea?
Speaker 6: I ended up taking her to do a bowling alley. I did it on purpose because it was noisy, and you know, I wanted to get some of my energy up and I took some of the focus off.
Speaker 4: Of me, wouldn't that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing is, you can have a couple of beers feel a little bit better, you thought, you know, like, you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to be the entertainment because you're.
Speaker 6: Not up for that right exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, as soon as she turns around to throw a strike, you could just take a little nap.
Speaker 4: So tell us how how was the vibe between you and April?
Speaker 6: It was good? If I remembered anything that she said, or like anything, betimes the inside.
Speaker 2: Of my eyeld Okay, anytime someone says it was good. But I don't remember anything she said.
Speaker 6: I'm exaggerating a little bit. I remember some of it, but I ever being really tired of not being best.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you remember?
Speaker 6: I remember we ended up having some greasy food, had some laugh and then after that we left and I was walking out of the bowling at ally and as she was leaving, I guess she thought I was funny or something. So she was like, do you want to get another drink somewhere else?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a great sign.
Speaker 6: And my mouth said yes, but my like hell no.
Speaker 4: She could just tell yeah, my mouth does stuff that my brain never agrees to all the time. So I see, you're I know, but you know it's life. Okay, So now you're going out for another drink even though you don't really feel up for it, or did you go Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, we went out for another drink. We went to this too little bourbon bar that she's been dying to go to and we had a couple more drinks.
Speaker 2: Is this a moment of regret like things had gone well, you should have just chopped it up to a victory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would have been smart. I just wanted to do anything that she suggested because she was so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you know you were a bachelor party the night before?
Speaker 6: No? I didn't tell her that because I didn't want her to get the wrong idea about what we were doing there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, why would that be the right I don't get it.
Speaker 6: It's chill. We just played pop off and drag. But honestly, that's not what people think of when they say bachelor party.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Lots of glitter at though, talk golf places. It gets on your on your clothes. He's really tired. So anyway, let's fast forward to the end. When you and April left from each other. How did that go?
Speaker 6: So we were leaving the little bourbon bar and I walked her to her car and we had a nice hug and that felt good. And then I went home and I slept for fifteen hours.
Speaker 1: My god, Oh wow, feels so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really, it felt so good. But then when I woke up and I texted her. She didn't answer, and then she hasn't answered me since. Okay, that's why I contacted you guys, so you can call her and find out what's up.
Speaker 2: And she hasn't even gotten the full you you know, good night that night when you're on, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do that for you. We're going to reach out to April. You get about three minutes to take a quick nap, so you're at one hundred percent when we come back. Everybody, Yeah, we'll all do it, and then full energy for our second date update when we continue right after this, hold.
Speaker 3: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 4: This second date update is brought to you by our new sponsor, Holy Sheet, Mattress and Pillow Emporium Heavenly Comfort at unholy prices. If you're severely hungover from a raucous bachelor party in Vegas, get horizontal and recharge in one of our premium Queen size mattresses equipped with rubber sheets for an extra fee. Hey see, missed opportunity. If we actually had a sponsor.
Speaker 1: Like that, you know you should send that to the sales department.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that they will be on it on the phone with holy sheets as we see.
Speaker 4: They really should. Second day update was built for a Mattress store sponsor, but if you missed it, our listener, Lawrence was dead tired going into his date night with April after his bachelor party experience, but he powered through and the hangout at the bowling alley and the bourbon bar was fun, at least the parts that he can remember from that. But we're going to try and step up and save it for him.
Speaker 6: He is the deal, guys as super cute. I don't know if I did something wrong or if she got back together with like an accent something.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think that's it, my man. I mean.
Speaker 2: I think that maybe a good area of growth for you would.
Speaker 1: Be maybe admitting when you made a mistake.
Speaker 4: It's a second date update, not a therapy.
Speaker 1: Well, I just.
Speaker 2: Say you played victim a lot to those fantasy baseball teams, victim.
Speaker 1: To the bats.
Speaker 3: Nothing is more unattractive than someone playing victims of stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I am with you there, like those are your choices, and you made bad ones and that's fine.
Speaker 6: And maybe I made a bad decision coming to this. I don't need to hear this from my mom.
Speaker 1: Okay, slow it down. You opened my thoughts and that was my honest thought.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe you can sugarcoat them a little bit for our lovely listeners.
Speaker 2: If people want advice, they need to be open to criticism.
Speaker 4: Anyone that comes on our show does know, all right, you know.
Speaker 6: Bottom line. I don't think she knew I was tired. I think it's something else, something else that did wrong.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, there we go, all right, and that's being open and I appreciate there's other options.
Speaker 4: It's the optimism that we've been waiting for for the first three minutes. Now, let's just dial your date, April. We'll see if she answers and hopefully we can get some information out of her. Here we go, dialing you right now. Hello, Hey, is this April?
Speaker 7: This? This is she? Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: April? We're actually an entire morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show, April.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hi, am I on the air right now.
Speaker 4: You sure are with the most positive and optimistic, uplifting show that you will ever talk to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we're known for.
Speaker 5: It is Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 6: What is this?
Speaker 4: Well, this is a segment that we do called date Update. I don't know if you've ever heard of that before, but basically, it's where we try to help our listeners get back in touch with somebody after going on a great first date with them.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we hope that it's great.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sorry I didn't say who we who you went out with the other night. It's one of our our friends named Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Ah, okay, right, you guys went bowling?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she means that not sarcastically anyway.
Speaker 1: I didn't actually mean sarcasm. Though it sounded like a fun night.
Speaker 4: We're wondering to get your perspective on how the whole evening went.
Speaker 2: That's fine, mostly fine, mostly fine, Okay, okay, like mostly fine.
Speaker 1: Like I'm planning on calling and back.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know, I just I'm mostly like, this is kind of strange to be like blasting out on the radio, you know what I meant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we get that. Yeah, And all we're really looking for is to help out Lawrence because he is a little bit confused.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I mean, look, most of the date was positive. He's a fun guy.
Speaker 6: He's cute, good okay, But.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm surprised that he doesn't know, Like I mean, I think there was a point where we kind of at least I definitely couldn't and I thought he probably also felt we could not come back from Uh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: You can't come back from.
Speaker 4: Could you tell us more about that?
Speaker 6: It's pretty bad?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Well we went out to you know whatever, We're out for the whole night, and he walks me to my car.
Speaker 1: This is the very very end of the evening.
Speaker 5: It's the very end of the evening, and I like things had gone well. We were certainly flirty and.
Speaker 1: At that point where you're like hoping for a kiss or like.
Speaker 5: How well, that's the vibe I was getting for sure. We get to my car and he just kind of stands there and I'm like.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll make the first move.
Speaker 5: I lean in to kiss him, and he was very like what I thought was polite, like just like being very gentle, and he's just kind of like not really doing too much with the kissing, and then it's kind of just like not much as.
Speaker 6: Happening at all, and my eyes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you could say that because when I opened my eyes, I realized that he's sleeping. He has fallen asleep.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, standing up.
Speaker 5: I mean he was kind of leaning against my cars, but he was out.
Speaker 4: He fell asleep mid kiss, focused a lot.
Speaker 1: When did he wake up?
Speaker 5: When I was like, dude, are you asleep? And then he just kind of like opened his eyes and laughed a little bit and was like, okay.
Speaker 4: See ye oh god, I know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a little awkward, but sure we kidding.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, yeah, wait is that him?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Sorry.
Speaker 4: The way the segment works is we have the other person waiting on hold on the other line to talk to you, and normally we call them in. But you had to say something, Laurence, Are.
Speaker 5: You joking me?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 5: He's been listening this whole time.
Speaker 1: He needed to hear it, He really did.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even remember kissing you, Lawrence. You didn't bring up anything about a first kiss when we talked.
Speaker 6: To you because I thought it was a super long hug. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is exactly this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: This is humiliating, it's embarrassing to him, not to you, it's actually impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Laurence. You've got to explain to her.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh, here's what you don't know. Okay, Oh god, I went to a bachelor party the night before in Vegas, and then when I got back finally, I was up until like four in the morning editing my fantasy baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't really a lot of rest the ninety four.
Speaker 4: But okay, I just.
Speaker 6: Thought you were so cute and funny and I just wanted to power through. I really liked you, and I'm sorry and okay, okay, it wasn't my best.
Speaker 4: They wrap it up, all right. That was a lot. I wasn't expecting you to say that much. But April, do you hear what he's saying. He was exhausted from a long trip before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'm hearing him.
Speaker 5: It sounds like he's super responsible. I mean fantasy baseball priorities. No, I get it.
Speaker 1: Well, he showed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. It was so important for him to meet you that, despite how tired he was, he was willing to do this. Anyway.
Speaker 1: That's a good angle, I know, if we can spin it that way.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think more is that he made a mistake and he would love a redo.
Speaker 1: Right, because he knows he screwed it up.
Speaker 6: Well, I did, kiss arms is better than I thought, so I didn't really screw that up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean ninety nine percent of the date was awesome.
Speaker 5: You don't remember the kids. You definitely don't get to count it. And no, you're not getting like points for that at all.
Speaker 2: She said, you're a bad kisser, dude, because you're basically like kissing a dead person.
Speaker 4: Well, she was the one who initiated the kiss.
Speaker 6: I was a dead person. But the next time I will be fully a lot.
Speaker 5: He did have pretty nice lips, but.
Speaker 4: You did stick around for a very long time with a very tired man. Just imagine how great he's gonna be when he's fully rested at one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Be a bowling.
Speaker 2: I actually, Jeff on that. I mean, like you wanted that kiss at the end of the night. I mean, sure it was the death of the date, but if you could redo it, it may be great.
Speaker 4: I bet on the next date he'll even let you change his fantasy baseball lineup for him. No, that is not.
Speaker 1: Cool, don't you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, Okay, maybe that's Date three material, but we are interested in date number two. April, he's not lying. We really want you to go out with him again, and we'll pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 5: I mean, can you promise that you're gonna get a full night's sleep? And like, never ever tell anybody besides everybody that's listening to the show that you fell asleep during our.
Speaker 6: First kiss would be a great story at a I will not do that again.
Speaker 4: All right, the.
Speaker 5: Promise, April, all right, but I'm not paying for a single thing, not one single thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're like all the women that we have on this show. Awesome, Congratulations you two you're going out again. Day Awesome, Alexis, do you approve of this couple ship?
Speaker 1: The day?
Speaker 7: You would like a wreck like him Bilk and Jeffrey in the morning, Against all odds, it's another successful second date update.
Speaker 4: They're actually going out again.
Speaker 1: You could fall asleep mid kiss and it's still cool.
Speaker 4: It's actually pretty impressive. And my wish for them is I hope it's not just the first kiss. I hope they hit all of the major day eating milestones while he's asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like mid proposal e bit, Yeah, they makes her parents asleep.
Speaker 4: The first I Love you is while he's dozen off. They get engaged mid nap, just sign the paperwork on their first home.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure they're going to go back and listen to this in podcast form and fall asleep mine mid second date to.
Speaker 4: Our inspirations, to all of us and all of our listeners YouTube, best of luck in the future of your dating life, and if you need some help in your personal dating life, you can always email our show. We won't fall asleep, We will stay awake to call that person who's not calling you back. And you go check out all of our second Date updates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey. Also go check him out on YouTube.