Speaker 1: It's nine O Gen one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. We are here for a very sad episode.
Speaker 2: Like happy, non smost be sad.
Speaker 1: They played with our emotions. You guys, you're happy, you're sad.
Speaker 2: It was a lot and it's Luke's last episode for now eight for now, right now.
Speaker 1: This is the middle of season six.
Speaker 3: It's early middle. We're only on episode what ten ten? Yeah, it's one of our three.
Speaker 1: Most important characters is leaving the show just like that, Like that.
Speaker 2: That must be like TV history, except for like Susanne Summers, which she suddenly just wasn't there in three's Company.
Speaker 1: But I hated that. Yeah, I have so.
Speaker 2: Many usual main character like if they're wanting out or to move on or like it's the next season, come back and they're not there. But like middle, it's not even middle of the season, right, Like how is that? Even? I don't know. I wish they had just like kept Tony on longer and he would have left like mid season.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is weird to say because it's so sad, but he got a very dramatic, like real departure episode, which we didn't get with Shannon because you know whatever was going on behind the scenes, but it's like this is a full just Luke episode that you and that one scene by the car is just viral, like it's on TikTok all the time.
Speaker 1: And it leaves you wanting to see him more because this episode was so good. He was so good in this episode, and then he's leaving. It's just not computing with my brain.
Speaker 3: Who could have been a two parter? I had a like would have been like I was watching it and there's only twelve minutes left and she's alive. Still, It's like, why did they not make this like a two hour you know, nine oh two one zero special episode or a two parter. It's like it's like they shoved so much into one episode.
Speaker 1: Right, Like there was a point in them in like the three quarters of the way through, like the most traumatic moment when I thought, oh, this is the end of the episode and I need to go and watch the next one immediately, But then it came back after a commercial and showed more.
Speaker 3: Just packed so much. They packed his departure there, the funeral all into twelve minutes. I'm like, that's not enough time for me.
Speaker 2: To like, it's not fair for the audience. So this it was in November, so it was sweet.
Speaker 3: Jenny. I have a serious question for you right out the gate, did you have any and I, because I did have any sort of a hm that it was Brandon and Dylan do that sort of real goodbye scene and not you and Dylan.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt like they were best friends, like even though they had had ups and downs and it felt weird for us as as yours sometimes like that they didn't really love each other. But it felt natural to me that it was Brandon. But I definitely feel like, wow, you know, I feel like Kelly and Dylan had their kind of like almost closure in the last episode. Yeah, at the peach pit, but certainly not a goodbye. Oh wait you guys.
Speaker 2: And but you have to I wanted it. I wanted you wanted it to. I really did I want it. I want to bolind and those twelve minutes left, I wanted Brandon and Dylan, and I want it Kelly and Dylan.
Speaker 3: I agree. I could have used an extra scene of Kelly going over to the house and having like a real some sort of a real mon and like a whole thing, and then we could have still had that goodbye with the car and take care of the house, and Brandon watching as he rode off on the motorcycle. Anyway, Sorry, we've just got to the end. See you guys later.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, we have to go back. We're going back from the beginning and we're gonna do it next.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jenny, excuse.
Speaker 1: Just came out? Do you like that?
Speaker 4: Yeh?
Speaker 1: I don't know what are in me?
Speaker 3: Are you a Savannah and Hoda?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I do watch a lot of Savannah iHeart podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app. All right, this is It? Season six, Episode ten, one, Wedding and a Funeral Air November eighth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Dylan and Tony are preparing for their private wedding when Brenda sends him a loving letter from London. But after their beautiful beachside ceremony, Bruno discovers his boss has this sinister plot. Marchhett's Marshad's hitman makes a terrible mistake and sadness sweeps across Beverly Hills when Dylan's bride pays the ultimate price for her father's actions.
Speaker 1: Directed by James Whitmore Junior, written by Steve Wasserman.
Speaker 3: Tony marshetk kills so many people like that guy needs to stop.
Speaker 1: What is his malfunction?
Speaker 3: Seriously, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Very weird intro like that. I was very scared by the beginning of this episode, Like I thought, what show am I even watching? With all these guns and weird following people shots. I don't know, it just felt very scary from the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's odd that just Steve Washerman wrote this episode, not just so they usually why their partnership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wrote a good episode though it's very dramatic.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. And as we mentioned before, this is Luke's Luke Perry's life fast episode until now he returns later later later, thank goodness. He res.
Speaker 3: So how did it start? Why am I blocking it out?
Speaker 1: You're it started at the bridle shop with the girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tony pick out her wedding gown.
Speaker 3: Which we don't see like she's just like okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: And then we see it go.
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, that scene was like felt like a lot of trouble for not a lot of importance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's even more that they cut, like we couldn't have gone all the way there for that, right, No.
Speaker 3: They just had to set up. It's the wedding, it's happening.
Speaker 2: We've only known her a couple months and.
Speaker 1: We're her only her best friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like kind of weird. Yeah, why you could say she started college. I don't know, maybe she didn't know anyone that went to see you. She immediately meets Dylan, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can handle him, sure, And.
Speaker 1: Then we find out that the that the hit is still on from last week and they're really cooking up a plan to kill Dylan. Like so the whole the whole episode has that like tension in it, like when something bad is going to happen. Because you know something bad's about to happen.
Speaker 2: You can even get excited about the wedding.
Speaker 3: Taking murder so lightly.
Speaker 1: I'm so nervous the whole time, Sar. But we there was some levity and they tried to do you know, like when the game comes over and kidnaps Dylan and Tony and they throw them their bachelor and bachelorette parties.
Speaker 2: I sucked.
Speaker 1: I mean they were went through it through.
Speaker 3: Because I want to talk about it. Everything we've had go in order, going.
Speaker 1: Order, Okay, well, Steve. First of all, we're going to see uh Kasa Walsh, where Steve gives a toast and tells Dylan that he has never seen him so happy, which I ain't see.
Speaker 5: You, guys.
Speaker 1: When he's I've never seen you so happy? I was like, is this him happy?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: My mind went, I'm like, he's been happy with two girls, and of course I immediately went to you, So I'm like, he was really happy with Kelly, Like I got here he was, you know, but yeah, and then his face like he could.
Speaker 1: Have felt like they were just building Tony up, building Tony up. Everybody was like love Tony so much and supporting her, and that's saying how amazing she was. Yeah, that a really.
Speaker 2: Interesting choice though in that scene, Like why do you think Luke was so somber? Why do you play Dylan so he didn't seem happy?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm because of all the drama getting to her, like he finds out that who killed his father, like he's grappling with all this. But can I really fast tell you guys something that is that you might find interesting? When I remember all of these episodes perfectly from when they aired the first time, and I remember believing Dylan and Tony were fully in love right Like, I was like they they were Poppel's goals. It's love, it's real, this is love. Now watching it, I'm like, this has not been enough time. I don't see it. It's so weird. It's so weird how and I'm like tripping out at thirty years later whether I have different eyes, And I'm so curious what other fans think. But it seems just too quick, too rushed, And all I can think about is they had to do this because Luke is leaving the show. That's like all I can think of.
Speaker 2: But if you didn't know now what you knew then, like you know, you might go into it because you knew he was leaving, you knew she's going to die, you knew. I don't know. I definitely wanted to see more of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all said it felt very rushed, the whole thing from the leader. We probably felt that way in real life.
Speaker 2: We were like, oh, hi, hi.
Speaker 1: Wait what huh? Okay?
Speaker 3: Brings me to your point, Jenny, that they're building her up so much because it's like they're having to try to get the audience to be in on this, so thank you know, thank you for pointing that out. I think that's why, like, oh, we love her. I've never seen you so happy. Oh this is the real thing. Oh my god, you're like so that. We're like, oh my god, they are the real thing. They're getting married. Ah, tragedy, Like I don't know, it was a lot.
Speaker 2: What if there was some like mix up and they had to like push this episode up.
Speaker 1: What do you know, Tor, what was the either the catalyst or the impetus for for Luke to leave right then? Do you remember, because like we said, Randa Jane, it's I don't know if he will. It's odd, like have it happened in the middle of the season like this, and then also to create the storyline, this big dramatic build up and this love affair so fast to get it to happen by episode ten.
Speaker 6: Well, what I don't know, But what I actually don't understand is how he was able to leave because he came onto the show late. Everybody signed six year deals. Even if he came on when you guys did, this would be in the middle of the sixth year, so he would still be under contract. So somehow he got them to let him out, let him out of his contract. I was going to ask you, Tori, if you knew what the background was, because I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Another very personal question to ask you guys. You all were not like the Friends cast, right, everybody was paid differently? Correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: I just don't know. And Randy, you could chime in, like why did they not just offer him a truckload of money to stay through the season.
Speaker 6: I think that and I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think this corresponded to when his movie eight Seconds, when he did it, or when it was coming out, and I think maybe can.
Speaker 3: We fact check that looking that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's being it was nineteen ninety four when that movie came out.
Speaker 3: What year is it now, nineteen ninety five? I don't know. Maybe he was tired, maybe he was having a baby. Was he having a baby? No, this has got to figure out the timeline.
Speaker 6: When did Buffy come out the movie?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I was before though, right, wasn't that like A.
Speaker 3: Said, that was ninety two? Buffy was ninety two?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you guys, we will work this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're figure this out going through the IMDb, like, oh.
Speaker 2: You guys, there's a movie I haven't seen since it came out, basically, and I'm trying to show my kids movies from that made an impact on me from my childhood, from the eighties, from the nineties, and we're looking. We watched like the Goonies and like things like that, and something Fifth Element came up and I was like oh, and they're like, oh, we don't want to see sci fi and I was like, yeah, I'm not big into SCIPI, but I remember really liking this movie. It's very beautiful and visual and there's comedy in it.
Speaker 3: We should watch it.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember, but it popped up for some reason. I was like, Okay, let's just go with it. I didn't remember that Luke is in it Fifth Element. Luke is in Fifth Element. He's the opening scene and it plays with this, which is why I'm like, oh, maybe I should bring it up, because his look is exactly how his look is here.
Speaker 3: Well, that came out ninety seven, so maybe he was shooting it, and Jenny was right. His kids were not born till ninety seven, so it wasn't that.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's like a big deal lucasoon movie and he's like opening like, I feel like Luke.
Speaker 1: Made up his mind, and one Sluke makes up his mind about something, there's no real changing that. So they, you know, they accommodated him because they loved him.
Speaker 2: I feel hearing when Rebecca Gayheart came on. Maybe I don't know, I'm just thinking this that she was coming on for the whole season, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I feel like they knew this was going to be the end.
Speaker 2: They must have, but it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's jump back in because I really really want to get into the beach bachelorette parties. Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Shorty Shorts.
Speaker 2: How many parties we have had on this show?
Speaker 1: How many bachelorette parties have we had it on?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I can't remember between our real bachelorette parties or our real baby showers. They are all like mixed together with the Kelly and Donn's so funny.
Speaker 3: That is so many do you ever, you guys, ever tell a story and think it's real, but then realize you just told a story that was a storyline.
Speaker 1: No, but this one reminded me of of I guess it was a bridal shower that I had at Tiffany's house and we had there was a stripper there. Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Do you do? You remember what I made for you?
Speaker 1: Something in the shape of a man's you know, duh? Okay, that's really cute. Was that before or after you gave me the cat? No, that was after you gave me the cat. That was a wedding present. That was the wedding number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah cat. I know we talked about it, but who does that?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Okay, So the girls are smoking cigars? Hello what You were.
Speaker 3: Way too good at it, Tori. You were way too good at it. It made me think of your dad.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I feel like what girls smoked cigars?
Speaker 3: I mean, why is fun?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Goss? And those were some of the worst strippers I've ever seen in my life. They just stood there and just did nothing moved. They just jiggled their little LeMay booties and that was it.
Speaker 2: Should have just had Iron come over.
Speaker 3: I do want to not forget to talk about all the sunglasses in this episode, but we will do that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, ooh to the cigars.
Speaker 2: Yeah gross, She said.
Speaker 3: Great bachelorette party though, because it was so like you never moved off the couch.
Speaker 1: No really, we just sat on the couch and then we had tea and there was no like evidence of why we were all acting so silly. Maybe the bottle of champagne for one split second, but there was no explanation as to your third bottle. Why everybody was so good that.
Speaker 2: You weren't.
Speaker 1: You are the best when you play drunk like that. Oh my god makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: Ray had like a little bit of a cringe moment because I was like, Wow, what is the time jump till afterwards where Tony's gonna sleep over? And then Ray comes because I was like, Donna's way too suddenly sober because she was sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, AnyWho wasn't a very lively party. But going back to the guys party, did you guys feel like Steve looked hot?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: I always do.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I I'm having I'm having some wardrobe issues with Brandon Walsh in this episode.
Speaker 3: It's just those sneakers.
Speaker 1: I just can't in the suit that's like a like a zoot suit. It's like so long and big, just.
Speaker 2: His shirt big like sleeves. I feel bad, but well, like whatever, I didn't think anything could distract from Jason Priestley's eyes, but his shirts do you can't.
Speaker 1: You guys watch the break dancers in the Oh my god, off topic.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of his baggyess of his.
Speaker 1: I don't wish it was that negative. But wasn't that a one and done? There's no more break dancing in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I think they should bring it back because we're all talking about it. And I watched that one.
Speaker 1: The one with the latesror but basically.
Speaker 3: Bless her heart, let her out there and do her thing. But it's the funniest memes of like that's me.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Sorry, that's so off topic. Anyways, we go to the Marshette mansion. Now we find out that Bruno doesn't have anything. He doesn't have any idea of the hit that Tony has put out on Dylan, and I left my I was left wondering, is Bruno in love with Tony in some sick weird is he like a second father figure or Dyl he's supposed.
Speaker 3: To be a second father. But you're not wrong, Jenny. There's a hint of crewe creepy when he walks her down the aisle.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, too much, too close, I don't like you, Walsh House. Brandon warns Dylan to drop his vendetta against Tony Marshatt, and Dylan thanks Brandon for being the best friend he has ever had.
Speaker 2: This whole episode, I wanted, I wanted that friendship of Dylan. I know a lot has happened that friendship, like Cliff whatever, what season was that season one when he's falling, like yeah, yeah, yeah, but there's like I don't know that. It made me feel like youth, you show so much like you love each other so much, and this is like you cut forward and things have happened in life and you love each other, but it's just different, and I don't know, I want that old friendship back, and I just feel like they don't like each other.
Speaker 1: I wanted that glimmer of like something, the happiness for ship in the eyes. Yeah, it's so angsty still even when he's nobody the best friend I ever had.
Speaker 3: And nobody's mind did what mine did that was like, you're the best friend I've ever had and I stole your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that's the build up under the bye. I don't know. I just kept feeling like this episode and I know this isn't true, but it's how I felt. I was like, are they mad at each other in real life? Like is this coming through? Is there something like Jason bummed Luke's leaving.
Speaker 1: I don't know he was leaving, I know, but I feel like they were never mad at each other like that, Like I don't feel like Luke or Jason's like anything in their personal lives ever was bad. Never, Like they're so not girls. There was so no drama ever ever hurt the guys.
Speaker 2: This is true, so true. Men don't ever have drama. It's so nice. But it's like, I don't know, I don't feel anything between them.
Speaker 3: Is there any chance they're doing the same thing with Brandon and Dylan that they're dealing with Tony telling the audience so much how we should feel. Tony's so great, She's the best thing that ever happened. And it's the same thing here, like you're my best friend, because they ran out of time to actually build it back properly, so it's like you're my best friend, I love you, buddy, or.
Speaker 1: Like bot on this show, like they like you just said, like they tell us how they we should feel, and then you're like, oh, Okay, yeah, that's how I feel.
Speaker 3: But wwany I build the actress.
Speaker 2: We hold sry still the actress said no, no, But the actors still have an opportunity to convey what they want to convey. Something something I didn't see. I saw something at the end from Loup Jason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've yeah, I.
Speaker 2: See what Brandon's Maybe Brandon's just like taking it real hard, so he's showing nothing, repressing it all.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Back at the beach house, Ray shows up unannounced once again and literally threatens Donna once again because says, you gonna make your life miserable. He did look cute.
Speaker 4: I like you.
Speaker 2: He just got the hair right on points. Now he's.
Speaker 3: He's so threatening. It's like he can't take a hint and just gets so threatening.
Speaker 1: Gosh, what what kind of turmoil muss that guy? Ben?
Speaker 3: He must have been Jamie Walters must have been so mad, like why are they writing this rap for me? This sucks?
Speaker 2: Got to just keep on going, you got to get through.
Speaker 3: It just gets worse too.
Speaker 1: We've seen this scene though, like three times now, like Donna says, I've heard it all before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if we see him tune or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been singing the same song. So Kelly gives Tony her blessing basically and tells her her advice, her sage advice to move far, far away and never look back.
Speaker 2: I mean, but that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Like oh, back at Dylan's house, Brandon reads a telegram to Dylan from Jim and to have remember what were the options back then? It acts they could have texted him.
Speaker 3: No, well that would have been I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now for sure, I guess no.
Speaker 3: But it was a email.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know those like.
Speaker 3: It was a separator. No, maybe could have emailed alough I didn't get emailed till ninety seven and we're only in ninety five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody really checked it back then, like if you had a million, aren't like I gotta check every emails two weeks, right, But it's interesting that scene, very forced.
Speaker 3: The letter just didn't seem like what she would say and Jim and Cindy would have said more. It was like weird.
Speaker 1: I know the people that were like Brandon, I mean, sorry, I know that people that were Dylan Brenda really were like, oh that's the best letter I've ever heard, you know, they were so excited to have that connection back between those two characters. Let's move on, okay. Brenda says she will love him forever. Back at the beach house, Tony pops in, Tony Dad, Yeah, Tony's dad. Tony pops in to see his daughter getting ready for the wedding. It was so odd for me to see him in the beach apartment, Like they two just did not go together, mister fancy pants.
Speaker 3: Really good face acting, though, Jenny, really good eye acting, because you're not down with that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the thing with me and with Kelly, Like I cannot hide my true emotions most of the time. And if I and I'm also like a thing about Kelly too, it's like super loyal. Like if somebody's hurt, somebody that I love, there's no chance I'm going to be fake with that person. And Kelly's the same way.
Speaker 3: He did a good job. You did a good job because you are very clear that you hate that guy. You gave him one nary a smile, like a smirk smile. As you leave the scene, You're like, he's a killer.
Speaker 1: But anyway, He says that their marriage is made in hell, which is pretty graphic and then Bruno steps in and says that he's going to walk her down the aisle. Where was he was he at the car? What happened?
Speaker 3: He bopped in out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I guess he's the driver of Tony, but he was just on the deck putting out pumpkins or something.
Speaker 3: No, how did Tony evil Tony get home? If Bruno? It was like, but that was the.
Speaker 2: Like the framing of the face with her curls were just perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's always had the most amazing hair.
Speaker 3: She's straight up gorge.
Speaker 1: We go right into like literally it was just too fast for me and we're getting married, you know, like the beach wedding is happening. There was no I didn't feel like there was enough build up to that big, huge moment where she comes around the corner in her wedding dress with Bruno on her arm.
Speaker 2: Like as an audience member, you needed that build up almost to like really be into it emotionally and it just be like, oh, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: But I they did take their time with like the close ups and the you know looking back at Brandon's almost quivering lip, and you know, I felt like I was like, is he going to cry his first of all, his lips looked so luscious in that scene. Did you notice, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: His face, His face was just good.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Brandon, this is we're to be talking about Dylan. But I did believe that they loved each other on the altar. That felt very real to me.
Speaker 2: And they were really close. Luke and Rebecca were they were good together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I just needed twenty more episodes to really believe it.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: Then the wedding reception also comes. Everybody's just stready there, Like I don't feel like there was enough time spent. And I looking back on this, when we filmed this episode, I can remember we had to go all the way out to Malibu. Everybody was in the scene. It was a big prep. Everybody had to get hair and make up for so long because it was the wedding. We got to get back to that in a second. But it just felt like it flew by so quickly, agree and without really anything super exciting happening other than them getting married.
Speaker 2: I remember it being super We were like there and high up on the cliff and it was super windy, and between takes the boys were all putting their jackets on us because it was freezing.
Speaker 1: And I remember helicopter popped by way Oh yeah, no way, he was trying to see that before it was out.
Speaker 3: WHOA. Why the choice to have the wedding private, Like it was so weird because in my mind, I'm like, oh, Dylan made that choice. But then I'm like, wait, this is a TV show. I have to like have that moment. Why the wedding with just the small amount, Like why not do a big old wedding like you still plaid the money. Nobody's there exactly, Like it wasn't product costs. So that was weird, very weird.
Speaker 1: Very weird.
Speaker 3: I would have loved a shot of your face during the ceremony, Like I don't know, I just feel like there was so much this. First of all, this should be two episodes.
Speaker 2: It didn't make sense to do it.
Speaker 1: Make it makes sense. Brandon gives a toast in front of everybody, and Tony explains to Dylan that her dad had a change of heart, that's why he wasn't there. Yeah, and we never even see Kelly's face. We only see her she's wearing sunglasses in that scene, which I thought was weird.
Speaker 3: It was dumb Collin.
Speaker 1: There, Dumb Colin was there, Susan what's her name is Susan?
Speaker 2: So windy and so I don't know. I feel like everyone puts sunglasses on them.
Speaker 1: Here's your chance to talk about the sunglasses.
Speaker 2: Amy.
Speaker 3: The the sunglasses in this episode, Like Steve's got sunglasses on a lot, and they're all like pra and they're really pronounced sunglasses. Brandon's got the niceties brown ones. I got the best nineties back. And then at the funeral, which we'll talk about, there's a lot of sunglasses. And I felt like Kathleen doesn't wear sunglasses because she could cry on cue. But the people that maybe warren't has got crying sorry toy, we're wearing.
Speaker 1: That has anything to do with the sunglassing of the actors.
Speaker 3: So they really zoom in on Kathleen's face with her tears, and I was like, oh, maybe that's because she can cry. It really went down, do you.
Speaker 2: Think so maybe she just didn't like the choices they had for her. So she said yeah, but they would come amazing sunglasses weren't. It was props, not wardrobe, which still doesn't make sense to me. But they would like put them out to you. So were rings were props weird? And so most likely it wasn't like your character choice. You weren't like, oh I love this like it was yeah, not always great ones.
Speaker 3: He does look amazing in this whole episode. Every single person.
Speaker 1: Well, just take a moment for the hairdooes, Well that's anyone for the wedding. You barely see it because she's kind of just there. VAL's hairdo at the wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, it was kind of like mom hair.
Speaker 1: It was a Walter special and you know what I mean by that tour. Yeah, And the Donna's zig zag part was not remember those like where you had to have the I didn't hate that one, but I just tried.
Speaker 2: I just tried to do one of those the other day. It doesn't work so well when you're older.
Speaker 1: It's a lot more work. And then Kelly's hairdoo was like mom wind blown teased. I don't even know what was happening up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that there was all that wind they had to keep coming in. Nothing was working. There's probably a lot of sprain teasing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I liked all the looks.
Speaker 2: Did you ever.
Speaker 1: Wonder I think it was at the wedding, you at the wedding ceremony or the reception, But Dylan and Tony were making out in one of the shots in slow motion. Did anybody notice that? That's just maybe maybe I fell asleep. Then we go back to Cassa Walsh where Joe is there with Donna, and Brandon is there with Susan, and Kelly is there with Colin. It's like in every room there's a couple making out. It's so Weirdcasa Cathouse. But we go back to to Tony and Dylan's house because that's you know, he brings her through the door and he's.
Speaker 3: Carrying the threshold.
Speaker 1: She looks light as a feather and there's candles everybody everywhere that his friends, I guess did they did?
Speaker 3: Very like a fire hazard but beautiful. Yeah, who leaves those all those candles going? You know, very shingled.
Speaker 1: How did they know what time they were going to be there too? How did that work out? I don't know? But then the next morning and they wake up in bed and all I could think was, at least he got new sheets for his bride.
Speaker 3: I thought the same. But it's four pm. All of a sudden when they wake up, it's four pm.
Speaker 1: They had a good night, what do you kisses were really good? Yeah, good kissing definitely yea. Then the doorbell their kisses me Amy, Amy.
Speaker 3: I remember them being this super couple. Then now I'm like, didn't we just meet her?
Speaker 2: Right? But like the kissing, like there's the actual making out.
Speaker 3: Did you they were a huge super couple, Like, oh my god, Dylan and Tony.
Speaker 1: You're not answering the question yet at all.
Speaker 3: I remember all of it, that their kisses.
Speaker 1: Did you feel the feels when you saw them?
Speaker 2: Kisses when they were in bed and this time this time not as much as writing in the room.
Speaker 3: Really then then I was in and I don't know if it's because I'm older, and I know I'm being annoying. I want other people to say if they're experiencing the same thing, because now it's just like these two are married. I'm not even feeling it. It's so weird, like it's just I'm feeling it a little bit like I'm okay.
Speaker 1: It's like a little like there's part of me that's like, wait, what huh, And then there's part of me that's like, oh, I want Dylan to be happy. And if this makes him happy and they can just walk around without shoes on in the house, that's they must be close, you know, like they must really love each other.
Speaker 3: That thing is very odd.
Speaker 2: I just didn't feel the chemistry the entire season that much with them, but they also didn't give them much. And I did feel it with the mid scenes, like after they were married. I was like, oh, the physical chemistry. I finally kind of felt it.
Speaker 3: I think that's a very your observation is accurate. It's all just a little hmhm and then you're like, oh, yeah, I see it. No I don't, Yes, I do, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I felt it more after they got married, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and then yep, so Steve.
Speaker 1: And Nat show up with a fancy breakfast and tuxedos on.
Speaker 2: I was so pissed if like, it's my after my wedding, Like it's the next day and I'm with my bride and my friends show up, like I.
Speaker 3: Gotta eat, but you know, it was four o'clock.
Speaker 2: I know, but like, get us in the day.
Speaker 1: How did how did Nat and Steve know to come at four pm with breakfast?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: I wondered that too, fully wondered that too.
Speaker 1: Heiss bread us all day, I don't know, preakfast all day at the peach bed, I guess.
Speaker 3: Where she tries to find the cat because that was Czar.
Speaker 1: Well the things, and it's Tony Marchett and he's asking for Dylan to come over so he can give the happy couple a big surprise. But he asks Dylan only to come over great, which is a red flag, yeah, because he he says, can you come over? I have something I want to give Tony.
Speaker 3: He's also a known murderer, so Dylan doesn't.
Speaker 1: Want to go. He's like, no, thank you. But then the Tony and Tonia, she says, you know, she's always I'm thinking, oh, she's always going to do this, and there the rest of their relationship, she's always going to be trying to, you know, get what she had with her dad back, never going to work for them.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And he's a known murderer that hates.
Speaker 2: Dylan maybe and himm are so good.
Speaker 3: He's like, who's not going? You know, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So she shouldn't. She should have told Dylan.
Speaker 3: Course, and Dylan should be like, I'm absolutely not going. This guy murdered my father and hates me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the cat is missing?
Speaker 3: Can I just for one moment touring green guys when they're eating breakfast and then they can't find the cat And all she does is walk two steps and say here, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty kitty for a half an hour, like it was so I was like the cat.
Speaker 5: In trouble, like this the trouble, but also is that the universal call for a cat?
Speaker 1: I was wondering, you're kitty, kitty kitty.
Speaker 2: I think where'd that?
Speaker 1: You don't say here, doggy, doggy, doggy, dog you doggy?
Speaker 2: What do you do with the dog?
Speaker 3: Wasn't with the cat? Was also forced same thing that's you're my best friend, You're they're meant to be, Tony's the greatest woman on earth. This cat symbolism is like it's all just a little hashtag trying too hard.
Speaker 2: But something else you could have done besides a cat missing to connect all of this to get.
Speaker 1: Like also because yeah, Dylan don't give a you know what about that cat, and so but then he ends up saying you go, you go get talk to your dad without me in the pouring rain in on your wedding dock down poor to drive the Porsche.
Speaker 2: Why would you ever let your woman go out so you can rain storm and look for the cat.
Speaker 3: There's no need to wear clocks in.
Speaker 2: His T shirt because he's a little wet and just sends her out in her raincoat.
Speaker 3: Like, no one needs to wear the raincoat up with the hat on while you're driving. You get in the car, you take that down.
Speaker 1: It's not raining in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but I had a flash to Urban Legend, which Rebecca Gayheart is in and she ends up being the murderer and she wears the raincoat.
Speaker 1: So maybe you just gave away the whole plot of that movie.
Speaker 2: Now I can't have Urban Legend.
Speaker 1: She's the killer. Thanks a lot, like.
Speaker 2: You were ever gonna watch it?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is none of this is making sense to any the three of us. So it had to be confusing to the people that watch are watching it back with us, because yet in the moment back in the nineties, it all felt so scary and right and you were in it, But now looking back, you're like, wait, what holds the old.
Speaker 3: Phone off the hook? The phone's off the hook, so Bruno can't get through because she's taken the phone off the hook.
Speaker 1: At the same time, there was this bi building like mystery in this building, like I was getting more and more on the edge of my sea, kind of feeling true Ruth. But then, uh, what happens? Bruno calls the peach Pit looking for Brandy because they know each other, and what.
Speaker 3: Because that's what you would do, like nobody has cell phones. They do have cell phones. And also he's calling the peach pit Nat and says, can I talk to Brandon? And then he's like this is Bruno, Like why is it Brandon? Like Bruno, who like who?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Why are you calling me? But then he tells them that there's a hit out on Dylan. Any races out of there.
Speaker 3: It's also no big deal that there's a hit out on him, Like.
Speaker 1: What who's ever heard that in their life? Like I have a hit out on me?
Speaker 3: That does?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: Not realistic? That's not I guess that's why this is it if you.
Speaker 2: Hear that you're in trouble. But like, I mean, they've watched every movie. I'm sure Brandon, Yeah, what would you have heard him say?
Speaker 3: He's also not worried about there's men with guns but I'm gonna run to the guy that has the hit out. It's just very no one's.
Speaker 1: Over, no Brandon, No, because why they don't. I don't know why. Brandon races over and gets Dylan and they rush out, but not soon enough because Tony is driving with her hood up in the Porsche.
Speaker 2: Wait, I have a question, but go back for a second. Sorry, because you're right, Okay, okay, Why why do you think maybe there's no reason here? When Brandon's pulling out and leaving to race over there to Dylan. I thought it was a clue they like zoom in on a license plate.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just heard the back of his car like I was like, is it going to be I thought like there was going to be a mistake of cars or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was just worried he's going to run over the people in front of him, like they were crossing on the store to racing and it's raining and never know if your breaks are gonna work, be careful now.
Speaker 3: I throw a strange theory out, but I would love to know. And Jenny, I don't know if you need to plug your ears. Why isn't Jack McKay or the FBI helping, Like, would they not like keep tabs on Tony Marshette and know that he's planning to kill Jack McKay's son, like it's of.
Speaker 1: Course, were they not like investigating him actively at this point.
Speaker 3: You would think they would be that's.
Speaker 2: Why what's your name?
Speaker 3: What's your christ blond lady Christine? Yes, well, and if it.
Speaker 1: Turned into a cold case.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't want to run anything, but if Jack McKay is in witness protection, then they have him in witness protection to protect him from Tony Marshette, So they would the FBI would always have eyes on Tony marchhett as they're trying to catch him. It's fair, You're good.
Speaker 1: Is Jack McKay is dead? So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Banging on my door, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Okay, pause.
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Did you just think she was wearing underwear? Amy just got up in the middle of our podcast ends her door and we it looked like she was just in a T shirt and undies, which is kind of hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Are you wearing pants?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 1: I am? There're sweatpants that I would never want anyone to see me in, but I am wearing pants.
Speaker 6: I am not.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing that, mister Joviz. I really appreciate that visual.
Speaker 3: Do you have underwear please say us always?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry guys like banging on my door and then he's trying to sell me bug Patrol. I'm like, bro, I'm in a zoom.
Speaker 1: What if I'm busy? We were just talking about you and your panties.
Speaker 2: Go away, there's mud happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, go get back into this. First of all, Like I just said, you guys don't know what you're talking about because Jack McKay is dead. Amy, You're what you're saying is not making any sense to me.
Speaker 3: It is to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Cory, is it to you?
Speaker 2: Let her keep living the dream because it's not good because then it's new to her and it's great.
Speaker 3: I'll let Jenny the first years later.
Speaker 2: But here's the.
Speaker 1: Thing about my memory. I can I'm watching I watch Breaking Bad from beginning to end when it came out. I'm watching it again now and it's like it's the first time I ever saw it. So that's the same thing that's happening with this show. Never heard of any of these things happening before. But Dylan and Brandon pull up and Dylan drags her out of the car and starts streaming, screaming and crying. Brandon, lik, what they did to her? Look what they did to her.
Speaker 2: There's no life of all the way they shot her, you guys. I was like, her face wouldn't be recognizable totally. I feel they were like right through the like wow, Like I was kind of hoping they would have done it from the side and she still looked beautiful. But it's like, what does that other side look like?
Speaker 3: No attempt to resuscitate. It's like Brandon stands there frozen. No one's calling nine to one one. It's just like they all just stand there.
Speaker 2: They annihilated her.
Speaker 1: They shot her, right, Yeah, that was like godfather shit right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, the ran guy in the car behind is just like, like, wouldn't that completely freaked.
Speaker 2: Out one of them?
Speaker 1: Would you know them?
Speaker 3: No? Nope, he is not hard.
Speaker 1: He was the haughty guy that was in the passenger seat earlier.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: When they when they kidnapped and like where are they going? And the car pulled up Dylan's and there were the two guys.
Speaker 1: And it's you know, the random hitman we'd never seen before all of a sudden, was there in headlines.
Speaker 2: That because they both hinder in me, why didn't he jump down and help her before Brandon and Dylan arrived. That if it's not the case, that dude just sat there, Okay, correct, So here's what I understood it.
Speaker 3: They were supposed to murder him earlier the night of the but then they got the Bachelor Bachelorette prty, so that threw it off, so they had to rejigger the hit. And now it's just the one dude who knows that she's going to become that he pardoned me, that Dylan's going to become driving down the hill to go to see Tony and they're going to cut him off or he and pow pow pow. But that random other car is just a random guy that happened to be driving behind.
Speaker 2: Why did he sit there.
Speaker 3: Erect and then of course like Brandon and Dylon come driving up right at the very moment. I mean, it's all very crazy. And also get the license plate of the hit the car the random guy could have been, Like I saw the driver's license. It was a blue you know whatever about ever or.
Speaker 2: Like if you're gonna I don't know if you're gonna sit there after something like that happens, like get the hell out of there. Then like someone just shot the person in front of you multiple times, back up and get like go save yourself. What if they're going to come around and get you because you were there, you witnessed it. There shouldn't be any witnesses.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've gotten over our skis with this storyline. I feel like there's so many holes. Yeah, but it had to happen, and it had to happen. It all had to happen in this episode for some mysterious reason.
Speaker 3: Squashiest episode of all time, squshiest. It's just so squashed in everything.
Speaker 2: Russia just out a word now too, I know.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing. Okay, at the funeral, Oh that was rough, awful, awful, awful.
Speaker 2: I could have done without the funeral.
Speaker 1: I couldn't have what.
Speaker 3: No, we had to have the funeral.
Speaker 1: It was because no real feeling, Like didn't it feel real?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And then you get that dramatic scene between Dylan and Tony Man Tony.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's like he wanted Dylan to shoot him, to kill him. He did, but thank god Dylan didn't take the bait.
Speaker 2: That's a major line.
Speaker 1: My father's gone, your daughter's gone, were even.
Speaker 3: Although it doesn't feel even, because it feels like Dylan got two terrible.
Speaker 2: Things exactly, you would go to beach or the hells like I forget, but never forget.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 3: This is where I felt that you all had sunglasses on, but yet Kathleen didn't so they could zoom in on her team. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was like, I think we did this scene already, but yeah, and then he's like, the killing stops here were stops? Now, what do you say?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Of course the gang all goes to the beach bit and everyone is very They don't.
Speaker 3: Keep it slightly right like they seem without that scene. Yeah, they don't seem to be taking this as seriously as you would think they should. Like their friend wife was murdered. They're essentially all in danger, like right, and then they're like she's leaving, and boy, are we gonna miss it?
Speaker 1: Why are they in danger?
Speaker 3: Because they all know that it's Tony Marchette, like one plus one.
Speaker 1: Is two, So Tony doesn't know that they know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought the only rocket scientists watched Beverly Hillside like what Oh? And then you guys back at Dylan's house when he finds trouble. The kiddy comes back and Dylan starts to cry. I lost my ship.
Speaker 3: That was good. The smelling the dress was not as good for me. I'm just saying I don't want to be judging because I love the whook.
Speaker 1: I cried, we both. I cried even with the watching dress. It was a little weird. The smelling other dress. I hear what you're saying, but that's what you do when someone dies, you want to smell them again.
Speaker 2: So for me it worked.
Speaker 3: The cat really worked.
Speaker 1: And then when he was crying like yeah, that was too much, just too much, I was like, what is happening? This is just too much for it.
Speaker 3: He went.
Speaker 2: Back to wait tea shirts when you're happy.
Speaker 3: The motorcycle is just so malicious.
Speaker 2: He's so hot, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's packed, he's ready to leave. That poor cat is strapped on the back of that motorcycle. The fuck that is not normal. Well, no, that cat is going to be traumatized and very wind blown, but he's taking the cat with him, which is so sweet.
Speaker 3: Gott he put his helmet onto.
Speaker 1: And then he says he doesn't know if he'll be coming back or not. And then he rides away and Brandon is sad to see the car.
Speaker 3: The shake hands, but then they held on. Did you guys know that? I thought, I want to make shaking hands.
Speaker 2: To part Brandon go back to the car, and then them to look at each other, and I know that's a chick moved to be like run it and embrace, but like I want.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to stop to each other.
Speaker 2: Fine, not that, not that after the handshap at least of each other like you like to do that.
Speaker 1: It was a meaningful handshake because it was hand hug.
Speaker 3: It was more it was it was a hand hug. It went from shake never let this. It was I.
Speaker 1: Really wanted more. I wanted more. I wanted more in this more.
Speaker 3: Like these are these are the it?
Speaker 2: Guys like, I want more. If this is all we're going to get as an audience member, and we don't know, and this is all we're going to get because Luke comes back with Jason, doesn't I know that's right. This is it.
Speaker 1: Really wanted Kelly and to have a goodbye there too. Now I'm saying feeling what you were feeling.
Speaker 3: I did pay and I also had a little bit of like this is may I swear this is.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was like I don't want him leaving. Why sorry Tory, but your dad couldn't solve this and be like, Okay, we're gonna pay you a ton of money and you come back each season for ten. Like it's just I'm not happy at all. Right now, I'm not happy. I'm bummed, and I know Brandon's leaving suit. It's just like I'm like, oh, the shark is swimming.
Speaker 2: To don't you say that word?
Speaker 1: Don't you say it?
Speaker 3: Take it back on.
Speaker 2: You know what. To be honest, let's say if they did have the Brandon Dylan scene and a Kelly Dylan scene, I actually would would prefer the Kelly Dylan scene after Brandon Dylan, Like that would have meant I would have been like, oh, this is so good. That would have just taken it home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would have wanted him to just see him hugging someone and having that breakdown. Wow, what do you guys think what do you give it? What do you give this episode?
Speaker 3: I just need to watch it, like a lot more times.
Speaker 1: And I don't believe you have to think like I thought for sure you.
Speaker 3: Say, oh no, I'm a ten. I'm a ten plus. This is like one of the best episodes of the whole series. But at the same time, I'm so like man mad and upset and like and then I'm like, I want Luke Perry back, Like I'm just so there's so many things that I have the episode feelings, and then I have like all my feelings like it's just a mess.
Speaker 1: I'm a mess.
Speaker 2: I was way more into it until you hold it up like you you dissected it. Now I'm like, oh, yeah, like it should have been better.
Speaker 3: I was very sad, bordering on like depressed. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: I know it had to be done, and I know he was leaving, But if I knew he was leaving, I would have wanted I don't know, because a little more of one scene to see his like flirty sexiness and his eyebrow.
Speaker 1: Wait, Chuck, why why why.
Speaker 3: Why wasn't this two episodes?
Speaker 2: Didn't let's get send a text to Chuck?
Speaker 3: Why why why? Why? Like Why Why wasn't he there the whole season? Why wasn't this multiple episodes?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What the help?
Speaker 1: We need him on? We need to bring him in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do think you're right, Jenny. We do.
Speaker 1: We need answers me, Lauren.
Speaker 3: Can you emails see if you can come on next week?
Speaker 2: You can help us.
Speaker 1: I don't need like a whole episode breakdown. I just wanted to do why why Luke left? Why it was so like rushed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And why was just a storyline?
Speaker 2: Can you make a shippen right now?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: I don't think you so's deconstructed for the Hee says, we need Larry Mullen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need Larry because I think Chuck is gone at this point.
Speaker 1: Correct, All right, let's have Larry.
Speaker 3: Let's have Larry. Yeah, I'm not happy today.
Speaker 1: I can just I give it a ten too, but it's a sad face ten.
Speaker 3: Yes, a sad face ten. Thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yes, Now, I just feel like I have to fit in with you guys and give it a ten because it's Luke's last episode.
Speaker 1: You didn't feel like it was a ten?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you feel like it was a nine?
Speaker 2: I give it like a nine point seventy.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, I just don't know what's going to happen next week, how about you, guys. I mean next week is season six, episode eleven, Offensive Interference.
Speaker 3: I have a beef about next week, but I'll say.
Speaker 2: That I have a feeling what this is about?
Speaker 1: You do fall football?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it involves I can tell you, guys, because your class ex boyfriend Ray Prue it decides to press charges against your darling new boyfriend and it's bend it off the team. It's just a massive.
Speaker 1: You go from Dylan and Tony to Dylan leaving with the cat to that thank you, I mean, where you'd.
Speaker 3: Come back and the day I had no problem, damn it, the show had to go on, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you guys loved this episode as much as we didn't. I mean did mm hmmm we did, but we didn't. Yeah, tell us how you felt. We need to hear some more comments from our omg ors because we're all three of us are feeling all these so many layers of feelings right now.
Speaker 3: And if the thirty years it has changed how you see it, because for me, I'm having a real problem with that.
Speaker 1: Mmm. Interesting?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably talk to us, tell us, tell us everything. That's it for this week. You guys, we'll see you next week.