Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data and Tim Statterback.
Speaker 1: Along with Carol Masser, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News earning specialist Rachel Wha. She joins us here, a lot of stocks moving. Yeah, hard for me to find decliners on a day like today.
Speaker 3: You found some, Yeah, So, I mean, I think the one of you all know about is Johnson and Johnson, what it's famous for, has kind of gotten it into a bit of a trouble and shares a kind of largy training lower today despite its pretty good earnings. And that's because it kind of lost its a key coot battle tied to his baby powder litigation. Now experts me be called to testify it as top products cost cancer whish. More than seventy lawsuits have claimed D and J says is planning to appeal the court decision. But yeah, we kind of you know, I don't think investors are very happy about that. And still, I mean, J and D did issue better than expected guidance for twenty twenty six today, and it says that it's likely to be driven by cancer drug sales, and it kind of shows that Trump's demands for that these farmer firms lower their prices may not hurt earnings as much as investors thought.
Speaker 4: But at their lows they were down more than three percent. So, you know, I'm just I'm doing a quick gip on the Bloomberg and it looks like like so much of the market that was down, it definitely popped off its lows on that headline from President Trump. It seems like, yeah, we see, all right, So where do you want to go next?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think craft heinds it's not a household name that we've been hearing a lot about today. Take a KHC. So the company is also down after a report that Booksher Hathaway wants to sell it's nearly thirty percent stick in the company. This move effectively and Booksh's long and trouble investment in the company. You know, cough Heines is underperformed for the past decade. Shares have fallen more than seventy percent since the end of twenty seventeen, and investors say that Booksher's move reinforces the idea that koff Heinz's plan break up rough. You know, they kind of doubt whether they were actually revived.
Speaker 1: Growth great, Yeah, a big move from greg Abel really early ones. Tenures, twenty one days in there. Okay, this one is my favorite because I have to tell.
Speaker 4: You you made me do it.
Speaker 1: I full disclosure. I had no idea that Nathan's Famous was a publicly traded company.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean it's pretty small. It has a market cap of well.
Speaker 2: Did you I didn't.
Speaker 3: I just know I've had.
Speaker 4: Well, well long time. I mean to a long time ago. I went to a mall. Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean for the curious, it's took us an at h You know, it's a small company, like I said, but I think a lot of us know them. We see them in the carts in New York City, we see them in the grocery stores. So now it's going to be taken over. Smith Smith Few Foods said it will acquire the company for about four hundred and fifty million dollars, and this would actually boost Smith's use packaged meat segment, which is as big as in terms of avenue the Deos expected to close in the first half of this year. So you know we're going to see, you know, how Nathan changes or what will happen to that Conya Island eating Hot Dot eating contest. I mean you will have a different name.
Speaker 2: Come on, oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no brand.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, when you've got a good brand, you stick to it.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.