Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh Let's kiss you Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: We are back for another episode of bun Head Season one, Episode twelve. What's the title?
Speaker 3: Amy Channing Tatum is a fine actor. And when I knew what the title was, I definitely was like, how is this going to tie?
Speaker 1: Intrigued?
Speaker 3: I think Boo says it? Channing Tatum is a fine actor. Someone says it in there.
Speaker 1: But Michelle is back. She's back in town, and not only with truly as a roommate, but an impending blind date. Two new students moved to Paradise. In surprise everyone, Carl and Boo are going to meet each other's parents, which panics Boo rightfully so because they are five again A really good episode.
Speaker 3: This is a really good episode. The show is like finally found its way, Like I don't have very many complaints about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was good and it just again I'm a broken record, but it's just bun Heads now, it's bun Heads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now it's good. And I think that the girls are such an important part of it that they really let them lead it. It's maybe it was just too much Michelle in the beginning episodes.
Speaker 1: Definitely, the four girls are like lead actresses. They are crushing it and they're a big part of the storyline. We start off with Michelle again running into Sasha breaking into the Dan studio, and Sasha says she's coming to rehearse, but we just know that.
Speaker 3: Means meeting the boy, and they're still drama at home for Sasha, so I actually kind of feel bad for her.
Speaker 1: I did too, but I do appreciate that Michelle always is when Roman's around.
Speaker 3: It's funny becauhuld get more time with that guy?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then we get the phone call from Talia that she's setting her up with a guy, and I would say, my only flag on this is I would have wanted to see the date. They never show that, which was weird. It's like, why do we have this whole blind date thing and then we never get to see it.
Speaker 1: I agree, And also I wish because she got a photo right and everyone was like, does he have one of Yeah, I know, I never saw it.
Speaker 3: Interesting sort of way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, but yeah, so she we get this the premise that Michelle's Green set up on a blind date and that this guy is likely not cute based off the commentary of the photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was sort of a weird storyline. I could have just done without it.
Speaker 1: I agree we didn't need it at all. I find Boo and Carl's storyline far more intriguing. He's coming home earlier from camp because he was away for like six weeks, and he's coming home early, and she, you know, Boob was planning to get ready and do some grooming and get her nails and hair done and shave above the knee and and all that stuff. And he comes and surprises her at practice when she's sweaty and gross and smells like the oyster bar because she came straight from Mark. That was kind of funny because I just remember back in high school that would have said, like I would have spiraled too. I would have been just like Boo, like no, like let me yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: True, so true. They're funny and cute, and let's just we can talk about them going out with the parents. Her going out with his parents was hilarious at the Chinese restaurant, and then him coming over to her house. The whole thing was hilarious. Every scene with them was great and they really carry it themselves. And like, I like meeting the parents and all those actors, all that whole storyline is so good.
Speaker 1: I agree. And I mean we can start off with Boo confighting in Michelle being like I'm supposed to meet the parents. Oh, Michelle just being like, don't be yourself, be whatever they want to be. Worst advice, just the world worst advice. And poor Boo at dinner with them, and you can tell the mom is like one of those like type A, like very you know, controlling mom, and she was just trying to like grill Boo and girl Boo was just like flailing.
Speaker 3: She should have just been herself. It's like she.
Speaker 1: Should have just been herself. Oh poor thing. Seriously, But I do feel like Carl was, you know, he's picking up on it. He's so great. I want Banana. What was that? It wasn't Banana Foster nas Foster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Banana's foster and he knew how to make it. And he was funny with the dad and the dad the fireman dad sneaking away to the firehouse to get the chicken or whatever that was being served. That whole storyline was really good. What did you think of the Truly storyline? Truly moving in taking the clothing store into Michelle's house.
Speaker 1: And then oh, that's that's one thing that we need to talk about is how Paris is truly sister.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I did not see her name in the credits, so that surprised me and was awesome. And she was very parisy.
Speaker 1: She was very parisy and I and that I appreciated. Yeah, I mean, I like, I enjoyed Truly's character, so I'm always here for a little Truly.
Speaker 3: There was some funny moments. There were some funny moments there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this so basically what happens is she's Truly has been locked out of her out of her Sparkles because her landlord she got into yeah, raised the rent and she has been paying YadA, YadA, YadA. So she basically did a Sparkles pop up at Michelle's place and it was I mean, you know, it was funny, it was cute, and this prompted Michelle to be like, you need to talk to your landlord. We need to sit down with her, and Truly asked if she can go with her, So she did and The payoff is that Trulli's landlord is her sister, who happens to be Liza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who we all knows Paris. That was a funny surprise and I was like, yeah, there was somebody else from Gilmore Girls on this episode. Oh, Alex Borstein. It's Alex Borstein that plays Carl's mom. That's Alex Borstein.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, duh was so great she was?
Speaker 3: That was so awesome. What else happens in this that we haven't talked?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: The new kids yep, and they were very cool and obviously the boy likes whichever girl that is? Which girl is that?
Speaker 1: That the boys ginny?
Speaker 3: And he sends her that, he sends that picture. Oh sorry that was oo sorry, that was a loud noise. He sends her that art on a plane's destroy this, but he'd already do a picture of that them. I think, God, he's cool. Those new kids are cool, They're really cool.
Speaker 1: But the girl is insanely really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that whole thing was cool. Yeah, they're giving us more of the kids, and I think that's smart.
Speaker 1: I agree. But when that when the sister started dancing, it's like, holy wow, she's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the show is better now, it's better, Am I right? Like it's better?
Speaker 1: I think it's I'm I am fully interested.
Speaker 3: So Boo thinking Carl was going to propose, it was still funny. The whole that whole storyline's great. It's actually all good storylines in this Sasha, the New Kids, Michelle and Truly and Boo and Carl is basically all the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only thing that I will say, it's like, Okay, they're still in high school, Boo, He's not going to propose to you. But if anybody were to think that, it would be Boo, which kind of makes it okay that it's not that outlandish of a story. But but yeah, I mean I did like the payoff where Boo was like, yes, okay, fine, I'll marry you or whatever she said and he was like excuse me, but he handled it well. Do you think it's improved? Do you think the ship has improved beyond if you didn't.
Speaker 3: Have to watch it, would you keep watching it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: The problem is I wouldn't have gotten to episode ten.
Speaker 3: Right, right, right? I think that's probably was a problem for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this these episodes are great. I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really finds its way. Yeah, did we talk about everything Banana's foster. We need to figure out how to make that.
Speaker 1: I know we.
Speaker 3: Shohould it did. Whatever Boo's mom was made making seemed gross.
Speaker 1: Oh like I was like, this is gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's mom? They should just order pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I know, I know why the dad runs the firehouse to get some food.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean it's a good episode.
Speaker 1: It's a good episode. I mean obviously, like we said, Michelle and truly meet. What is is paris actual name in this Millie Billy Millie.
Speaker 3: It's a good episode. I think that this this is what I remember now, Like I kept watching it and now it's really going strong. And so that's why people were so bummed when I got canceled, because it really like found its way. Oh and this is where we find out Sasha's mom that they're that the dad's gone, and she has to pick Oh yeah, is she.
Speaker 1: Gonna move to San Jose or La And she's like, oh yeah, the big cliffhanger. So yeah, like Amy was saying, Sasha's mom shows up and she tells Sasha that her dad is leaving. Permanently to move in with his boyfriend. Her mom says she's gonna go back to La so she can pick between, so Sasha can pick between San Jose or La, and Sasha is rightfully pissed and like poor girls, she's probably what sixteen years old and is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it doesn't seem like they put her first.
Speaker 1: That's what I was not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: So it's tough, but it's a good storyline. I care about all those girls now. I care less about Michelle. If I'm gonna be honest, I care about Melanie Boo, Sasha, Jinny, care about those.
Speaker 1: Gun Fanny Fanny still does it for me? Yeah, So was she in this episode at all? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Recall, I don't think so. What do we rate these?
Speaker 1: We do? Why would you rate it in terms of bunheads?
Speaker 3: A nine? In terms of buttonheads, Yeah, to all.
Speaker 1: The episodes, yeah, I would say in nine to two.
Speaker 3: It's good, all right, see you next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see you next week. For episode thirteen, only five more left? Wow?
Speaker 3: WHOA thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen seven six more left? I think thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Six more left that's right, because yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Had to count that on my fingers. Don't worry my fingers here.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: Well, that's fun.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying it and I'm I'm now I'm feeling like I'm going to be sad when this ends. You will be, but you'll have Masil and I'm excited for me.
Speaker 3: So did you watch any more Lauren Graham's new two B show?
Speaker 1: I have not yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, No, I knew you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just the struggles.
Speaker 3: Real on that.
Speaker 1: But hey, I liked it. I liked it, So.
Speaker 3: See how you feel.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, hey
Speaker 2: Everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com