Speaker 1: You are now.
Speaker 2: Angel what I call her?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 1: Right, yes, it is way up with Angela. Yee, Happy Wednesday. We are halfway through the week. Guys, it's holiday season? Do I feel it? Do you feel holiday season?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna have a fun Wealth Wednesday for you guys today because if you are planning to travel, but you're like, man, these prices are crazy, because that's what I'm going through right now. We are gonna have Shakima Smith, aka the Passport Abuser here. She's gonna be teaching you guys how you can travel using rewards for little to know money. She's been featured in for CNN, sn C, NBC USA Today, Business Insider, and CBS National News. The other fun thing we're doing today is I have a special guest co host about to walk in. Ashley Darby from Real Housewives of Potomac is here and she's going to be guest hosting all day today. So any questions that you have for her, you can always hit me up on that way up with ye We'll make sure we ask her those questions. Bet. She's going to be joining in and you know she likes to be messy, so that's going to be a fun ye tea for us. All right, well, let's shine a light. Let's spread some love, some positivity. Eight hundred two nine fifty Call us up, let us know who you want to shine a light on. His way up. I'm a shin, I'm shin.
Speaker 4: Turn your lights on, y'all lights spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 1: Kind of light on, Shine a light on.
Speaker 4: It's time to shine a light on.
Speaker 1: All right, his way up with angela Ye, happy Wednesday. Let's spread some love and let's shine a light on. Uh Amari Rup. He's thirty four years old and he overcame a challenging upbringing. As a teenager. He worked to support his family and he worked in and also have to live in homeless shelters. Now, he owns a multi million dollar trucking company that connects underserved entrepreneurs with major corporations like Walmart and ups. His company is called Sudu. He launches back in twenty fifteen. It's an online marketplace utilizes technology to connect small and medium sized trucking companies, which is about ninety percent of the market to major corporations and so shout out to him for that. His company has expanded its network to include over three hundred thousand of trucking companies with a focus on minority, women and veteran owned businesses. So shout out to him for that working with companies like Delta, Walmart, and Heuser Busch, Georgia Pacific and Ups. Oh, Ashley Darvey just walked in. All right, well we're going to get into it. But who do you, guys want to spread some love to. Who do you want to shine a light on? Eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty Tracy, Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 5: I want to shine a light on my boyfriend.
Speaker 6: He's from Jersey.
Speaker 5: He just before he moves to Boston.
Speaker 2: He's doing great.
Speaker 5: Our relationship is doing great. I'm from Boston, he's from Jersey's he's got a job. Yeah, Dad, he's just an awesome guy.
Speaker 6: So I just want to shine a light on him.
Speaker 5: He's doing great.
Speaker 1: I got Jersey bus and to be with you. Yes, I know that's right. I know you are so happy you got your man there. So holidays coming up. He's doing good.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: His name is Jared?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, shout out to you, Jared. I hope y'all are having an amazing time. And uh yeah, definitely shine a light on you, Jared, thank you so much. All right, well, that would shine a light. And when we come back, we have your yee t and ray J stays in the Yet, okay, we're going to talk about Pastor Jamal Briant what he had to say in response to ray J. And ray J has some claims about Diddy as well, will tell you what they are. It's way up, they says, the rooms.
Speaker 4: From industry shade to all of gos and out. Angela's feeling that.
Speaker 1: All right, his way up with Angela yee And as promised, my guest co host is here, as Derby is here right now. Yes, yes, you ready to.
Speaker 2: Do some yet yes, I am famous?
Speaker 1: Good to it? Are you over here healing, thriving and working?
Speaker 2: According to working? That's gonna be money remix.
Speaker 1: All right, Well let's get into it. So ray J versus doctor well, pastor Jamal Bryant. You know Jamal Bryant, Yes I do. So he's been on a few episodes in Real Housewives of Atomac. Well, apparently ray J did not like an interview that he did with Pastor Bryant, and here's what RAYJ said.
Speaker 8: Initially, I nothing beloved for Pastor Bryant, but if I play that interview, somebody getting smashed off the poor pit. Me and Pastor Brian needed to talk because the way I was was treating was dirty legal. I'm telling you right now, we need to work it out. So if we don't, that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, Well, Pastor Bryant responded and he said I was so grateful to recently interview one of the few maverreaks of this generation, ray J, who has been more than impactful and any different fields. And then he said they had honest dialogue. They ensured that specific comments with potential legal ramifications were edited out to safeguard the best interest, but he said his podcast mission is to foster authentic and constructive conversations with thought leaders, and this episode was no exception. He also said it's a live to take production that ordinarily makes no edits, but in the spirit of brotherhood, it was mixed with the agreement that no other adjustments would be made as the Jamal Bryan podcast, So private agreements have now been brought into the public eye and he said, he refuses to be embroiled in a battle that demeans our community and all that I stand for.
Speaker 2: He took the high road with that, he did, he did. You know, it's interesting because I've done quite a few podcasts and stuff, and usually there is an agreement, right, It's like an unspoken agreement that if there's something in there you don't like, they'll take it out because I've said some things, uh oh, and people have been very kind to me. So I imagine that if this had been something that I had been talking about offline. I know that I know Jamal personally, he would have been open to having conversation.
Speaker 1: Right like why have the threats? And then ray J went live with it. So let me ask you this, what if somebody didn't take it out? Like what if you said something and you did say it during an interview and they were like, sorry, we're not editing. Has that happened.
Speaker 2: No, it hasn't happened to me, you know, but I do think that's sort of part for the course, right, we know as celebrities. Ray J is not new to this game. Yes, it's been here for quite a while, right, So you.
Speaker 1: Know, it made me want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what happened?
Speaker 1: All right? Can you get the T for us?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: I work on it? Can you work on that?
Speaker 1: Thanks you all right now? Ray J in the meantime is in TMZ's new tub documentary The Downfall of Ditty inside the Freak Offs. That's the part three of this Downfall of Ditty that TMZ has been doing. And he had some things to say about celebrities going to Diddy parties and what they're doing now because I'm.
Speaker 9: Hearing about artists paying victims to keep their name out of what people do catch and kills all day. Somebody has the truth, somebody pays you to keep it quiet, and hopefully that money that you got paid secures your happiness while you watched the lie continue to succeed.
Speaker 1: So he said people are getting paid off and giving into those money demands.
Speaker 2: So when he says catch and kill, what does that mean? I'm not quick clear on that one. I'm not sure what does that mean?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Like they kill the story? Yeah, kill the stories, know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, here's some money, let's kill that story. So you know, here's some cash, pay you off. But it's interesting because you know Rayj's saying all of this. But then now you want somebody to like, I don't know ray J is ray J? You know?
Speaker 2: But he always has his ear to the pulse like he knows what's going on.
Speaker 1: What is his finger on the phone's talking?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He does?
Speaker 1: And did His lawyers have one a third chance to request bail for him. So they wanted to be released from jail ahead of his sex trafficking child date that's supposed to be May fifth. He's been denied built twice and so now they're saying he can actually request it again. And yes, so we'll see if he ends up being home. All right, Well that is your yet. When we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night year in New York City. So we're gonna find out what you have going on. I'll tell you what I did. It's way up night night.
Speaker 4: So about last night, Yes, I went down.
Speaker 1: All right, it's way up at Angela Yee, I'm here, Ashley Darvey is here with me. Yes, you watched Real Housewives at Potomac. Say you know what it is? What did you do last night?
Speaker 2: So last night I hung out with my guy Andy Cohen. And I was with my girl Teresa Judice or Judici, depending on how you like to pronounce it, okay. And we went to Medusa.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a Mediterranean restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, it was a vibe in there. Yeah, from what I could see, you know, it's it's very dimly lit, it's very ambient lighting in there, but it was very sexy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, you were in the restaurant business. Do you miss that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, not for one second. One minute. When Milicaca do.
Speaker 1: That so fast?
Speaker 2: You know, seen it? Did it? Got the T shirt? And yeah.
Speaker 1: Now they always say that's like the toughest business to be in.
Speaker 2: It is because it just changes so much and you have to say your breast on all the trends and everything. Yeah, and it put a strain on my marriage too.
Speaker 1: So right, Yeah, that's all because you guys were partners in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't recommend that either. You're on ten. Don't recommend you.
Speaker 1: Like I learned a lot moving forward, all right, don't really get it all into your business a little later, Okay, no worries. So last night, well, first of all, I was here at work for quite some time because as we are approaching the end of the year. I am like the type of person that I can't stand when things are very cluttered, and you know, people always talk about like mess and how that affects your mental well being. So I was in here trying to figure out things that I could order the jazz up the studio but also get rid of some of this clutter. So fortunately I have two guys who work here that can put together whatever I ordered, like a nice storage bench for the corner so that all of this stuff can be hidden. Then I'm also going to get like some artificial play. So I was just doing this.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're going to jazz it up in here. It's going to be a nice little move.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to jazz it up in here. Before you came in here, I liked the lights dim, but because we filmed, they always come in here and turn the lights up. But I just want to make sure it's a vibe, you know, I want to be comfortable. I want people to come in here and be like, Okay, it smells gay.
Speaker 2: Let's get you know, it's interest boarding here like a mood.
Speaker 1: Board, right, because sometimes at work we can get very like complacent in our mess. So I just want to make sure that I clear all of that energy out.
Speaker 2: I like that. I think you'll notice a physical change too, Like it'll feel different, right, the energy will move differently.
Speaker 1: I was telling I brought up Navy he a lot of times will stash food under the desk like a squirrel. I'm like, come on, you gotta stop doing that. We gotta get the space. Yeah together, But anyway, that was at bat last night. When we come back, we just told Navy secret. Now we want to hear yours. Tell us a secret. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Now, Astley, are you familiar with tell us a Secret.
Speaker 2: I'm very familiar. I am tuned in all the time. You shoot my jaws on the floor. I'm like, yeah, that's so excited.
Speaker 1: I will tell y'all don't tell Ashley no secrets, because if I come out that's not true.
Speaker 2: They call me the bone Collector. It is what I'm my nickname.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it. But eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty call us up. It's a no judgment zone. You get to stay anonymous. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty tell us a secret. This is a judgment free zone.
Speaker 2: Tell us a Secret, all.
Speaker 1: Right, as way up with Angela. Ye, I'm here, and my guest co host for the day, Ashley Darby is here. Yes, indeed, man, and I know you're familiar with tell Us a Secret, big fan. Okay, so good. We got to impress her today. Guys, when you call in, it's a no judgment zone and you're good at that. Yeah, absolutely no judgment here, no judgment here. You get to stay anonymous. All right. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty Hey, anonymous, call it tell us your secret.
Speaker 3: I had a girlfriend, right, and then so I found out you've seen it on me. And then I had a sex with her mother.
Speaker 1: What whoa woo woo that's mat. Did you even get with her mom to even be able to do that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. Her mom was always giving me signs from the start.
Speaker 2: So okay, you know what, I can't blame you.
Speaker 1: You can't blame you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's given him the signs, you know. He just she was talking. He picked it up and he's like, really, yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you do it only one time? Or was it no?
Speaker 3: It was actually it was only one time?
Speaker 1: Okay, would you do it again?
Speaker 3: Possibly?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, no, not to another girlfriend, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, okay, So you're really literally an mfor.
Speaker 3: Something like that?
Speaker 1: Her mom is she have like a hot mom?
Speaker 2: Or all right?
Speaker 1: Well more power to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah it might be low. What if it turns into load?
Speaker 1: If you know, what if they started dating and now your ex girlfriends your daughter? That's anonymous? Color was good? You do you want to tell me, Ashley Darby a secret.
Speaker 3: I've been fooling around my brother wife and I think you need to know about it. We made a bet a while ago. He never paid up, so I had to take care of my business.
Speaker 1: Wait, now, your brother never paid you for my bet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan. He never paid me, so his wife been digging me the whole time. So he owed me five hundred dollars for I had to get it back, sir.
Speaker 1: You were saying, I don't think he's ad ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something five hundred dollars in a bet. And then your brother's wife was a collateral for the bet. That was the collateral.
Speaker 3: I had to get it man.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. And so you want to tell him now because why you really like his wife, y'all want to be together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's actually pricked about to have my son. So I don't know how to tell him about it. It's gonna be a big minute.
Speaker 1: But that money, that's the most expensive, that was the worst bet to Now this is gonna tear the family apart.
Speaker 2: I know, Thanksgiving, Christmasing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna be all mest.
Speaker 1: Man, I feel like this happened in the Jackson family, did it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's crazy?
Speaker 1: Oh wow wow? And you do love her?
Speaker 2: You want to be with her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I want to be with her.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm actually from South Carolina. We got monkeys running around, but yeah, I want to be with.
Speaker 1: Her though, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, well, no judgment. And I didn't know there were monkeys in South Carolina. I learned something today and got.
Speaker 3: My god got like, like you said, broke a loose down here where I met. So we were out here trying to catch monkeys. But I just want my brother to know about about his wife.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna tell him or is she gonna tell him?
Speaker 3: She's gonna tell him today. You might see it all on faith book.
Speaker 1: You might as well tell us your name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be My name is Marco from a Cormack, South Carolina, and we're gonna know about me, probably gonna make a movie about it.
Speaker 1: Crazy all right. And and jes so you know Jermaine Jackson stole away then married the mother of his younger brother, Randy Children. Oh man, wow, you like Jamaine Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a big shot to mic man.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, thank you very much for revealing yourself. Oh yeah, second Facebook, Yeah, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: So Marco works collecting the monkeys. Everyone's gonna be able to, you know, zoom in, Okay, connect the dots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marco was wow. And he told us McCormick wherever he's from, Cormick.
Speaker 2: South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Right, well, you know the monkey collector and the bone collector. We're in the all right, Well that was telling us a secret. And we're gonna be checking Facebook non stop when we come back. Being pregnant or being bloated, we'll tell you what rapper people thought was pregnant. But she is, like everybody, calm down, his way up.
Speaker 4: She's about to blow the lead off this spot.
Speaker 2: Let's get it.
Speaker 4: Angela's feeling that yet come.
Speaker 1: And get the tea, all right? His way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here. My guest co host Ashley Darby's here with me today.
Speaker 2: Yes, having a good old time. I must say.
Speaker 1: Listen, let's start off this et with the congratulations to your girl, Candace Dialner. She did give birth to her first baby with her husband, Chris a month ago. According to People, she told them that she gave birth to their first baby on October third, and they named the baby Jeff Awesome. That translates from Hebrew to excellence and abundance. So congratulations to Candace. You guys together on real Highsewives. People thought y'all were going to be like hanging out all the time. There were some bumping heads.
Speaker 2: You know, we're friend of me, okay, I mean, ultimately I really care about her. I actually been putting on my to do list to buy her a gift because I knew she gave birth. So, you know, this is one of those things where I think motherhood really unifies you. And if there's anything that she and I can find really good common ground on, We've done pageantry in the past and stuff like that, and working in the restaurant industry, but now motherhood, I think we could have a really good friendship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Even when she was up here guests housing, she spoke highly of you too during that, so that's.
Speaker 2: Nice to see.
Speaker 1: So you guys, maybe the kids will play together. Although her baby is a baby baby, but it's like babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids love babies. My older son he's like, do you need anything. I mean, it's a cure thing, but is it Jeff j e.
Speaker 1: And oh wait, I'm sorry. It says jet oh jets hard in my reading j E t t Oh.
Speaker 2: I like that name.
Speaker 1: I looked at that. I was like, Jeff, and then you asked me that it says jet okay, Jet Bassett. Yeah, so congratulations today, good day.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna send the gift and then you guys are going to hang out, all right. So next up flow Millie. People were thinking that she was pregnant. She posted a video and it looked like I guess a baby bump and there's a guy who's an amassed over his face that's dancing as well, and people were in the comments. Even Mega the Stallion was like my girl all right, So people thought it was a pregnancy announcement. But she went on X and said, damn, I can't be bloated.
Speaker 2: May can we talk about the pictures that she posted? It's literally a baby announcement. He has the hands on the belly.
Speaker 1: You know, she got belly out and yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. She wanted to cause a little stir and she.
Speaker 1: Did and did. Yeah all right, And DDG says that he has not moved on from Hallie Belly. You know, they had the baby and they ended up breaking up. People did not anticipate that because they seemed like they were so much in love. And he said he does want to have more kids with his X.
Speaker 10: Do I want to have another kid? Yes, I do want to have another kid, but if I was to have another kid, it definitely would be with the same person. Like I don't want to have kids with multiple people.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough? Interesting, Yeah, I think nobody's intention is ever to do that, right life Sometimes, you know, people thought he was dating one of the women from Batties after they filmed a music video on a Mac, but he said he was not, and I still kind of want to go back and maybe work things out with his ex. Here's what he said, Have you moved on are you ready to date again?
Speaker 10: No, I'm not dating. I haven't like moved on whatever that means in y'all, since I'm just really focused on work.
Speaker 1: And he also said that he linked with three girls for work purposes because he does and has been doing TikTok's YouTube's Like that's what he was doing even beforehand, and so he said, I go on TikTok and I see y'all making edits like I'm dating this girl. Y'all don't even know. I'm just working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand him, and you know they're so young. I'm holding out hope. I don't know what happened that could have caused him to break up. Yep, but the baby is so cute. Hello, he's so cute.
Speaker 1: And y'all been giving DDG a hard time, like lead this man alone. It feels like he loves he loves his son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he keep going.
Speaker 1: Him and Sky Jackson officially announced that she is pregnant. She confirmed this in a statement to people, I'm thrilled to begin this new chapter in my life, embracing mother and diving into new acting projects. My heart is so full now. Some people went to her boyfriend's social media page. He goes by yerki Yerki. I don't know if that's a bad thing to say. I don't even know if that means all right.
Speaker 2: But on his.
Speaker 1: Facebook page, there was a post that was uploaded on November twelfth that said, on wop, I'm salty, I got this dumb a Disney channel be pregnant. I hate this ooh three or four. Cool to say, but a lot of fans were upset. But apparently according to both s Guy Jackson and her mother, they said his page was hacked. He never said this, end of story. He never said this stopped being messy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Whenever I see people's facebooks get hacked, it's like click here, win a million dollars. It's never this specific, you know what I mean? Like this, this is real specific. I think he just got caught.
Speaker 1: Well, people are definitely going to investigate him, so you'll see all of that. But that is your yet. When we come back, it's time for Under the Radar, and today is the day Joe Biden is hosting Donald Trump at the White House and they're having their sit down. So we're gonna give you those updates in real time. It's way up the news news.
Speaker 4: This in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 1: All right, it's way up with Angela Yee. I'm here with my guest co host, Ashley Darby. How you feeling so good?
Speaker 2: I think I belong here, Yes, And.
Speaker 1: We are about to do under the radar stories that are flying under the radar, not necessarily in the headlines. We've been talking a lot behind the scenes about politics and right now today in real time, Donald Trump and Joe Biden are meeting. It's the first time the President elect will be back at the White House since leaving office, and Joe Biden wants to make sure that things are going to happen and this transition will happen smoothly.
Speaker 11: Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Looking forward to having a expoose transition.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: And politics are tough many cases, not a very nice world. But it is a nice world today and I appreciate very much a transition that's so smooth.
Speaker 8: It'll be as smooth as you can.
Speaker 1: Get, too. Better didn't happen to reverse when you know what I mean, when he had to give up the White House, So it's interesting because he never did that for Joe Biden, but now Joe Biden is still taking the high road and doing that for him.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate that about the campaign.
Speaker 1: And Joe Biden also did write a handwritten letter to Milania Trump, which is the traditional meeting of incoming and outgoing first ladies, and she also extended an invitation for Milania Trump to come in, but she declined, oh I.
Speaker 2: Missed that part.
Speaker 1: Oh well, okay, So yes, indeed that says a lot that speaks volumes and does all right. Now, another thing that happened is Donald Trump is doubling down on his getting rid of the Department of Education. And not only is he doing that, but he also wants to make sure that if there is any type of DEI, any type of affirmative action, he wants the Department of Justice to go after diversity, equity and inclusion programs and to pursue federal civil rights cases against these schools. Here's what he had to say in this speech.
Speaker 7: Will direct the Department of Justice to pursue federal civil rights cases against schools that continue to engage in racial discrimination and schools that persist in explicit and lawful discrimination under the guise of equity. Will not only have their endowment sax, but through budget reconciliation, I will advance a measure to have them find up to the entire amount of their endowment. A portion of the ceased funds will then be used as restitution for victims of these illegal and unjust policies.
Speaker 1: Is this wild? So basically the people who, even though he didn't necessarily say white people, the people who he considers victims of so called equity discrimination would be white families, right, because we all know how important diversity is in and the universities to make sure our kids are also exposed to all different kinds of people. They've proven in the workplace that diverse environments thrive way more than places that are not diverse. But I wonder if this is going to count towards people who have legacy families who get into schools because of that right.
Speaker 2: You know, if you consider how much progress has been made in the education system where we came to think that so much of that can be unraveled just within the next year, it is heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we got to make sure we pay attention, and you know, this is going to be affecting things like the pel Grant, which helps provide college accessibility for over eighty percent of the black population. Many of those students, because there's no Department of Education, won't be able to get that. So we'll see what happens and if he's even able to do this, because we still do have a system in place.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that is you're under the radar. We do have the Way Up mixed at the top of the hour, and it is a Wealth Wednesday. So we have a special guest joining us, Shakima si Aka the passport Abuser. She will teach you how to travel for free, using your perks, using your rewards, all of those things. Surveys. You know, when you take surveys, you get all kinds of benefits. We'll talk about it. It's way up.
Speaker 12: She's like the talk like they am Jeal Jean, Like they am Jeal Jean.
Speaker 4: And she's spilling it all. This is yeaty way up.
Speaker 1: It's way up at Angela.
Speaker 2: Yee. I'm here.
Speaker 1: Ashley Darby's been guest hosting all day. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I'm having a great time. Thank you for having me here.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get right into some YEATI who is the sexiest man alive. According to People magazine for twenty twenty four, we went down a whole rabbit hole. We do people who've won back in the nineties, like a Tom Cruise bread right.
Speaker 2: Some are surprising, some not so.
Speaker 1: Much, Genzel Washington, John Legend, Michael B. Jordan. But anyway, this year, for the first time ever, John Krasinski was the big winner and he accepted this honor. He love that noise on Stephen Kvit's late night show. And he's been married to Emily Blunt for fourteen years. They live in Brooklyn. They have two daughters, Hazel and Violet. And here is what they said on the show.
Speaker 2: Was she surprised?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was so much laughter on the other end of the phone it was hard to get worse. But for sure, they just want to find a guy to make a laugh. Isn't that what they say? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Man, listen Jim from the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got some swag.
Speaker 1: It's the sexiest man alive.
Speaker 2: I can't quite see the sexiest man alive, but I can definitely see that he's got a little JENNISI qua about him.
Speaker 1: And he definitely in a quiet place, was very protective.
Speaker 2: He was, you know, we love that that chops into our primal side. Maybe that's what the people like, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yes, so congratulations to him. According to people, he is the sexiest man alive. Okay, all right, and I do also want to make sure that we shout out to Whoopy Goldberg. You know, we talked about this how she's launching her all women's network for sports, and I think it's available today starting now. So she has launched AWSN, all Women's Sports Network. She's you know, she's said this before that basically she doesn't like the way that women's sports are sometimes like an afterthought, right, and so despite the rapid growth of women's sports, coverage remains disproportionately low but less than ten percent of media attention. So this global sports network is going to change that. So we love it.
Speaker 2: We love that. Yeah, thank you, Woopy, thank you WIP.
Speaker 1: You're seeing a need for something, all right. Quality Control Music has expanded into country music. They have a news signing. They announced that they have signed The Boykins. It's a quartette of singing sisters whose music leans toward countries but also incorporates elements of pop, hip hop, rock, and soul.
Speaker 2: I think I follow them on TikTok oh career. I think I do. Yeah, there are time.
Speaker 1: Now listen, Shaboozi just broke records with like having the longest running number one song with I think it only makes sense. Country music, no matter what, has always been a money maker.
Speaker 2: That's true it, yes, yeah, and I love to see that. Those girls deserve that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done any country music or played with that a little bit?
Speaker 2: No? No, I've tried to do a little two step, a little square dancing my days.
Speaker 1: So that's about it, all right, Well, can't wait to see what this sounds like. Ice Cube has revealed the release date and cover art for his album Man Down. So that is gonna be November twenty second. That's soon. Is that a Friday because you know people, Yeah, next Friday, that's going to be coming out, he said. The album my fans have been waiting on Man Down jobs on November twenty second, pre save the album now. So congratulations to ice Cube, Truia legend.
Speaker 2: Truly, he's been in the game a minute.
Speaker 1: Yes, he said, he wanted Doctor Jay to produce his debut solo album, but easy actually stopped it from happening. He was talking to my god Noah an idea generation for Complex and he gave some behind the scenes information on what happened with that interest. But this is his first album since twenty eight so it's been what six years since you put anything out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure it's highly anticipated by his fans.
Speaker 1: All right, well that is your eet. What is your album coming out? Ashley coming soon? Two yours ner youth.
Speaker 2: That's right. She's like, stop playing, Okay, No, I need the pressure. I like it, Okay, I'm excited. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, when we come back, it is a Wealth Wednesday. So we do have Shakima Keen Smith. She is the passport abuser. You've seen her on Forbes, CNN, sn CNBC, USA Today, Business Insider, CBS National News. She has a free masterclass and she's the founder of travel like a Boss. Learn how you can use rewards and surveys to travel. That's amazing, it is. I love when I use my points and get a free flight. I love when I use my points to get free hotel rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a science to this. So I'm glad people are making it more accessible.
Speaker 1: Yes, everyday things that you can purchase that will go towards you getting free miles, free hotel rooms, all of that. So she's going to help you with that.
Speaker 2: It's a way out.
Speaker 9: I've had a dream of wealthy and I don't mind sharing my wealth.
Speaker 4: Dog you straight financially, mentally and physically. This is Wealth Wednesday on way Up with Angela Yee.
Speaker 1: It's way up with Angela Yee. I'm here. It's a Wealth Wednesday. Stacy tisday and my partner's here.
Speaker 13: Happy Wealth Wednesdays everybody, And I bet a lot of y'all are wanting to get away.
Speaker 1: Listen. They're saying prices to go travel right now are the highest like that they've ever been.
Speaker 13: Not for us, No, not anymore because we have the passport abuser Keem Smith. She has traveled solo to eighty one countries without paying cash or going into debt.
Speaker 1: You went to Japan for.
Speaker 13: Six dollars when you've helped over twelve thousand people travel the world for free and.
Speaker 1: They are no buddy pass So I want to talk about how you managed to travel like a boss. Yes, using rewards. That's one of my favorite things to do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so one of the first things that I do to travel around the world for free. Is just change my purchase behavior. Most people don't know this, but airlines have different shopping portals where you can just shop on line for the same things that you would get if you went into a store.
Speaker 2: Let's say you need Q Tips.
Speaker 12: Hygiene products, sheets for your bed and you're constantly going to Walmart. Instead of going into the store for Walmart, you would just simply go onto your airline shopping portal online, so the prices are not jacked up. So this was a way for me to take my purchase power back and instead of just getting a receipt and a thank you so much for shopping here, four miles per dollar.
Speaker 1: Well not even one mile, you got four miles per dollar.
Speaker 13: Bigger perks like that because the airlines taken further.
Speaker 1: They want you to pay like you your T mobile, bile everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it gets really deep.
Speaker 12: Instead of going into home depot or redo your whole bathroom, go to your airline shopping portal. It will direct you directly to the home depot site. And then if it cost me six thousand dollars to redo my bathroom, but I got five miles from home depot, so I'm never yeah, so I never have to worry about paying for flights again because the money that I'm spending on a daily basis always converts into a free flight.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I use my Dela. I have a Delta MX card, so I use that card to buy things so that I can get like a lot of miles. When I know this stuff, I need to do what you're spending money, Yeah, but you have to spend the money. And then it also does link to different like Lyft and Uber and all of that.
Speaker 2: Like absolutely, I'll do that all the time.
Speaker 12: When I wake up in the morning, I go directly to Starbucks because I know Delta is going to give me two miles per dollar every time I had this machiatta, you know, every.
Speaker 1: Single Right now, it's a wealth Wednesday. I'm with Stacy Tisdale and we are talking to the passport abuser aka Sakimas Smith about how you can travel like a boss and travel for free. She's gone to eighty seven countries without paying cash, and she'll tell you how you can do it too.
Speaker 12: And rent, right, they have this program where you can actually get a free flight every single time you pay your rent. It accumulates into points for you to be able to travel with.
Speaker 1: That's why I've definitely never heard of that you.
Speaker 12: Can fill out surveys to get free films and free hotels as.
Speaker 13: Well, and you're gonna give them a free master class because we're trying to make it it's free. Good November, we had to determine it's free. To get your free class, everybody, go to the passport abuser dot com Free master class for our audience passport abuser dot com. And one just one other point I want you to make about people are hearing this and they're like, oh, they're talking about like using your credit card for rewards. No, but this rent thing with this bill, if you pay your rent with their card and get the miles, they also report that payment to the credit bureau.
Speaker 2: And you'll credit.
Speaker 12: You're building credit by paying your rent and getting miles. And thank you so much for pointing that out, Stacey. Yeah, so when we shop on airline shopping portals, uh, there is no credit card needed. If you want to convert some miles from Uber and you've just been taken Uber and they convert into a hotel purchase with Marriott, there is no credit card needed. So a lot of the things that I show are without a credit card.
Speaker 13: And real quick, what are people going to learn in your free masterclass?
Speaker 12: So I'm going to show you guys how to get a free flight every time you eat out. That's how I went to Japan for six dollars. I'm gonna show everybody what are the airline shopping portals, what are the sites? I'm going to show them how to get a free flight every time they fill out a survey, how to get free hotel days and so much more.
Speaker 1: All right, well again, thank you so much, shaqimakeim.
Speaker 13: Alesome the passport abuser dot com and get her free masterclass and again happy wealth Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you so much ta Keim Smith for joining us aka the passport Abuser. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel. Way up with you and when we come back, it's time for you to ask questions and for me and my girl Ashley Derby to give you some advice. Ask ye is next eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty.
Speaker 4: But it's relationship for career advice. Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 1: This is aske what's up his way up with Angela? Yee, I'm here and actually Darby has been guest hosting all day and right now it's time to ask ye you ready to give some advice?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm excited for the second All right.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty Tray is on the line. What's good, Tray?
Speaker 6: What's something?
Speaker 1: What's your question for me and Ashley?
Speaker 6: I need to know, y'all. How do I know if this girl's using me or not?
Speaker 1: Okay, give us some more information.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So look, I took it to the DC Young Fly Chico being concert. Okay, but now it's like after that, leaving her for shorty.
Speaker 1: Oh well, but how can she use you if you don't hear from her?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I won't tell I dow her from Well, let me take it back. I will telling her from when she wants me to do something. She needs a ride. Oh, she want to be bringing something to eat, she needs some smoke.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I did. So you're buying her weed, taking her to eat, giving her rides, taking her out. But that's the only time she calls you was when she needs something.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, but then what you get in return after you do these favors.
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, man, we're all growing at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys are both getting what you want.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a mutually beneficial relationship to me.
Speaker 1: You are trying to court her. Does she have other things going on like other people she's dating.
Speaker 6: No, you're right, I am trying to court her like I wanted to be my girl. But I don't know, like if she's serious or she just using me?
Speaker 1: You gotta ask her.
Speaker 2: This is the time you like, hey, so what are you? What are your intentions? What do you want with me?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: But if I ask, dog want to come up like a masaka?
Speaker 1: What come on?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: So you rather just keep being used because you don't want to ask a question. Let me tell you something. But women appreciate men who can be direct munication. And it's also how you say it. You don't have to be like are you using me? But you can't say. Listen, I like you and so I would love for us to, you know, see each other more. You know, I'm definitely like wanting to take you out and hear from you more.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I would like to be something more serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to have anything lost in translation because maybe sometimes she's like I don't want to swear him or you know, he's only yeah, but she don't mind calling you when she needs something and be like and I just want us to be honest because I'm cool if that's not what you want. But I just want to make sure I know how to move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good advice.
Speaker 6: See, okay, that's good advice.
Speaker 1: You that sound.
Speaker 6: I need to move, you know, all please to love respect?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, you appreciate you for colin.
Speaker 2: The sounds like everybody was winning there.
Speaker 1: I love when guys in their soft guy era. Yeah, right now, you know yeah, all right, Well that was asking eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can still leave a message and ask a question that way. And when we come back, we're gonna be talking to Ashley Darby all things about your life and about Real Housewives epotomac because that's also part of your life.
Speaker 2: It is indeed, all right, his way up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to know my name with Angelay, turn me on what's up? Its way up at Angela yee. And we've been enjoying Ashley Darby's company all morning and afternoon that she's been guest hosting. But now we got to talk about it because Real Housewives of Potomac the season is underway.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I think we're six episodes in season nine. Okay, let's talk about this for a second, because this season has been a lot going on, especially with Mia. We've been watching her like on social media. She's got her new man that is a blast in the past. They got back together, but she still has her husband living in the same building that she lives in, right, yes, okay, we sort of were.
Speaker 2: Made aware of the fact that Mia had had this baby or got pregnant while she was married to Gordon, and apparently it was like a year into their marriage or something. And you know, for Gordon to just come and stand tin toes in front of Ink and confront him was so surprising.
Speaker 1: And then there's some questions about like paternity or is there.
Speaker 2: Some heartbreaking stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, are we going to see all of that play out?
Speaker 2: I think you will.
Speaker 1: Now another thing that's been going on with you perhaps dating, perhaps that could be happening. And I say, you guys have a whole conversation about that, right, like, when do you introduce somebody you're dating to your kids? When does that happen? So for you, what was your advice when it came to introducing your kids to somebody different than their father?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely think you should at least introduce your new partner to your ex partner, okay, prior to introducing your children.
Speaker 1: And you want that too. You added that respect also, Well.
Speaker 2: That's an agreement with that Max husband and I have, is that we would introduce each other to the adult first before bringing the children into the equation.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so.
Speaker 2: Far, you know, we've been separated two years, we've been abiding by that.
Speaker 1: Have you met some women?
Speaker 2: No, Oh, I'm going and you know my kids can talk now, so they would tell me. They still they do.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm talking to one of the ogs from Real Housewives Apotomac Ashley Darby. But you are finally getting a divorce, right, You're moving ahead with that, so I know it would be some of the storyline too.
Speaker 2: It is. It is actually some things that happened this week that are very big and I wish I could tell you and everybody has had an opinion about when I should have gotten a divorce. Are you really getting a divorce?
Speaker 1: Living together and everything, I mean before at first, like you guys are still we.
Speaker 2: Did mainly just for the children, and I was house hunting during the like the housing prime, so it's not as I wasn't actively trying to change that situation. I've been in my house on two years, so it's been an adjustment for me and the kids. Like they still wake up and they'll be like, Mom, I would love to see dad, you know, or like they still make comments about the time that we live together. So I just had to do it all in my own time. And people also would like is it a security issue?
Speaker 1: Because you know, they were like, is actually like concerned about financial security and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm never going to shy away from that. You know, it's hard out here. You know, we know what the economy is doing right now, so of course I wanted to be considered of that, and you know, also I just want my kids to have the best upbringing that they can have, and that includes financial security and stability, and we had to work out all those things. We did have a prenup, so that helped us a lot. But things have changed so much. We've been together since I was twenty two years old. I'm now thirty six years old, so we were together for twelve years.
Speaker 1: And he's almost thirty years older than you, twenty nine years older when you think about dating, because we did see like you talked to a couple of guys and a guy was like, I won't date over thirty five or whatever. Could you see yourself dating somebody that much older?
Speaker 2: Again, Well, you know that guy didn't last very long. Clearly like, Maady, I'm not a sugar mamma.
Speaker 11: Okay, but well, interestingly I would say yes you would, Okay, all right, Well, Ashley Darby has been guest hosting all day and we're still talking to her.
Speaker 1: And when we come back, let's talk about Karen Hugert. That's been a big storyline this season, our Real Housewives at Potomac, that duy she got and also how did Ashley handle that situation? Is it shady? We'll talk about it. It's way up up with Angela. Let's go. You are a media maven, right, you.
Speaker 2: Never know what Ange's gonna say.
Speaker 1: What's up his way up at Angela? Ye? And Ashley Darby is here now listen, let's talk about you and Karen, because you guys are OG's on the show. But they've been focused a lot on her du Why that she got right? And you gave her like some Uber cards, some Uber gift cards and she did not appreciate that? Was that shady? And could you see why?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let me rewind that because in the moment she did say thank you. Now our confessional was a different story because I also say it if you don't need them passing back this way, right? But she took them.
Speaker 1: Okay, But yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit. But also, like you know, I did. Maybe I tried to bring light to a situation that Karen clearly doesn't see any light in, and I didn't quite understand the magnitude of what she was going through at the time. Obviously I knew the accident was serious, but I haven't really had a chance to speak to Karen about it. I didn't know what was happening, so at that moment, everything was still pretty fresh as far as what I knew.
Speaker 1: Do you think she needs to rehab for realigase? As that came up to, I think.
Speaker 2: Someone who's had two duys in their lifetime, it probably does speak to an addiction issue. Obviously, I don't know all of what Karen does, but yeah, you need some help.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's get into some things that you have going on, because we know that you've had this music career, yes, right, and so now this is something that you want to dive into fully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. I did my first song rate after my anniversary, my second anniversary to my husband, and then motherhood came and I was at.
Speaker 1: The coffee and love Yeah, yeah, okay, I wrote.
Speaker 2: It for him and I was really gonna pursue it, go after it. And then I just wanted to be a mom and I didn't think I could balance to two things at the same time. And after I had my first son, i'd postpum depression. Just everything felt so overwhelming that I didn't know how I could do my own projects and be a mom. So now it's a new day. The sun is shining a little brighter for the girl. I'm healing and I'm Thriving an twer king. Yes, that's going to be the remix. But yes, So I wrote a song called Healing and Thriving, and it really is based just some of the challenges that I've overcome and the people who helped me along the way, because there have been a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a little snippet because we do have that, and I know you're putting out the video and it's gonna debut soup all right. Well, here's a little snippet of her healing and thriving.
Speaker 2: About it, rubbing Joe has forget about your from's as body, raise up, pure glass.
Speaker 12: Let's to the good times coming.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So, now when are people going to be able to see like the full video here, the full song.
Speaker 2: Suit so soon? Yeah, yeah, yeah, very so happening.
Speaker 1: You're happy like this is you getting back into something that you love doing?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean I'd be lying if I said I'm not trepidacious abound it like I'm obviously like, oh my gosh, how much time is this going to take from my kids? And I want to make sure that I do this right, but at the same time that I still maintain our priorities, which will always be my kids.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're gonna pretty soon see all of single divorce Ashley Darby on the show. I cannot wait to see what that's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna see me doing something.
Speaker 1: All right, yes, all right, well I appreciate you. Thank you so much, and y'all make sure you keep up with the show. I'm excited. I think you guys don't film the reunion until you said, yeah, it'll be later, okay, so a lot can happen, guys, Yes you can. All right. You could watch that phone interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with Ye, and when we come back, you guys have the last word.
Speaker 4: We pick up the phone taping to get your voice heard with the word gives the last word on Way Up with Angela Ye?
Speaker 1: What's up his Way Up with Angela Ye. Thank you so much to Ashley Dobby for guest hosting today. That was fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. It is a time in here.
Speaker 1: And speaking to hosting, you do have a drag show you're hosting on Sunday, right.
Speaker 2: I'm hosting a show this Sunday in Riley, North Carolina, a drag show. And last year I did ten Cities there a drag tour for ten Cities. I met some of the most incredibly talented queens from all around the country and I'm excited to do this one on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm meant to ask you too about kicking the women out of your GNA events punctuality. Yeah, okay, they were, but you did tell them as long as they get there by eight, and they didn't. They got their eight O three eight o four.
Speaker 2: Four eight oh four. Jasella actually told me seven thirty. That's not ear. Jesse I actually told me seven thirty, and I was like, maybe I could push it to eight. And then when I came out at eight oh.
Speaker 1: Four, oh yeah, hell broke loose, all right, And then you still wanted them to donate. I love it.
Speaker 2: It was a good call. Focus on the calls everybody.
Speaker 1: You guys, make sure you catch up if you are not already caught up like I am on Real Housewives a Potomac. And thank you again to Keen Smith aka the Passport of USA for joining us today for Wealth Wednesday. And of course this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 5: I shall love my situationship that supposed to be just fun for the time being.
Speaker 11: Not to catch feelings we're bothing.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, what's up Angela?
Speaker 10: Yee.
Speaker 5: This is Chris White from Carolina. I want to shine the light on my wife working at Murphy Elementary in Murphy, North Carolina, feeding them kids, getting underpaid, with a smile on her face, so I really want to shine the light on her. Have a good
Speaker 4: Day going with Angela Yee