Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season? You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayer, is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, boost will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or, if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial adviser hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details. And now I get back to my boring old day job. Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. The maths are at risk of forfeiting games if they fall below the minimum eight players active required for teams to play ESPN. Bobby Marx Dallas provided on, Anthony Davis left, the doctor strange, Derek liven of the second right ankle stress fracture, Daniel Gaffer right knee spring, stating all three are improving, However, there's no timetable on any of their returns. Jaydon Hardy right ankle spray, Kayi Jones Quad haven't played since March third. PJ. Washington right ankle sprain has been out since March first, but now it leaves Brandon Williams, Dwhite, Pole, Klay Thompson, Niji Marshall, Caleb Martin, Max Christy Spencer, Dinwiddie Kessler Edwards as the lone healthy players eight total. Nobody else can get it ed Joe o't.
Speaker 1: Joe, Nah, they can't. They can't. Listen, Hey, why would they? Why would they penalize the team because people are hurt. I don't want to stand do anything they fake in or something.
Speaker 2: Just to make sure you don't the same way you're talking about whit team. Why team don't want to win games to try to tank and try to get the number one pick to get more ping pung balls. I thought you played the game to win.
Speaker 1: M Well, listen, we know they're not doing the same way.
Speaker 2: The same way you're the same way. Teams used to put players on our R to hide them because the guide because if you release them, somebody might get them, so we put them on our R. Right, Okay, man, you know anytime there's anytime, Look, people gonna find a way to curt the system, no matter what system is in place. You know what, I got bad credit, I'm gonna put my I'm gonna put I'm gonna put the phone in my kid name.
Speaker 1: You see, I remember them days because I showed had a washing dry in my name and I was only two.
Speaker 2: Classic h O Joe. Mavericks owner Patrick Dumont defended the Luca trade. Take a listen, Ojoe to what he had to say.
Speaker 1: It is so tough.
Speaker 4: Decisions are never easy, and part of leadership is looking at risk and looking at all the factors of a decision and being willing to act at that time and look to the long term and not only think about the short term or how it may be may be received immediately, but to think about the long term benefits and what it may allow you to achieve if given all the right considerations.
Speaker 1: Man, what do you talk about? What are you talking about? No disrespect to Pat, no disrespect. But the long term move was having Luca there. Now, if you having issues with what he does off the court, there's a simple conversation that needs to be had. That's all you have to do. Listen. We view you as our long term plan, a long term asset, the long term nucleus for our team going into the future. We want to build around you because we understand how special you are and what you can do for us.
Speaker 2: You just got us to the.
Speaker 1: NBA Finals last year the previous year based on what you can do on the court. Now you let that go with great understanding, Lucas. Lucas ain't just falling from the tree every every season. They're not just just not happening. There's really no way you can defend that trade. Now understand the issues that were happening off the court. Some of the things that didn't they didn't see fit that would probably harm him, you know, years down the line. That's a simple conversation, especially when you want to invest that kind of money that he was going to make and he probably make. It is gonna happen to be somewhere else. Now, you don't let a player of that magnitude go that had that give you that type of production. You don't because, like you said, like you said as well, when it's the last time something like this has it ever happened before. The reason there's a reason why there's certain players you don't let go of. You think every super super superstar it's perfect behind the scenes. You think Covid didn't have issues despite his dedication and discipline and structure when it came to plan. You think Michael Jordan didn't have issues that we don't know about outside of playing a game of basketball. Come on, that ain't nobody perfect a ten to ten when it comes to wanting to invest in it but understanding what they give you from a business perspective and what they can do on the court long term. Come on, man, stop playing. That answer was a whole bunch of nothing.
Speaker 2: The problem is that he called it a long term move and Nico Harrison said it was a trade to win now move. I'm looking at it. You just went to the NBA Finals, like you said, Ojo, that's winning now. I'm confused when you I can see, okay, we got some ask, but you said you're trying to win now. Bro, you just went to the NBA Finals. You just did that. It's not like it's not like you hadn't made the playoff in a couple of years, O Joe. It's not like you got knocked out in the first round. O Joe. It was a situation. You went to the NBA Finals, So that is winning. You're winning now. You didn't win the Ultimate Prize, but damn. Normally we don't see a team break, a team up and that's what they did, because you took the key piece out after going to an NBA finals unless said individual is unhappy. But because Luca never voiced that I wanted to be traded, that's what's so surprising. That's why, that's why the greatest trade Kareem wanted to leave Orlando allowed Shaq to become a free agent. And they had a poll and they said who should they pay, Penny or Shock, and the polls said they should pay penny. Shaq took that as an insult, as disrespectful, a slapping the face. He said, Okay, that's what y'all want to do. Boom. They also said it was too much money because I forget who it was that had just become the highest paid and they and a something to the fact that I don't think they didn't think the fans didn't think Shack deserved that kind of money. So out of guys like Shack, you don't let them become free agents. You try to extend them as soon as you possibly can. As soon as the window opened and you could offer them a max contract, you give it to him, a twenty four year old Shaq, and well, we see what happened. When he went to UH he went to the Lakers. But normally guys like Luca don't get traded unless they're asked to get traded. Kareem asked to get traded. Kareem was a three time league MVP, he was a Finals MVP, he had gone to the finals, he had he had won the scoring title. He wanted to get out of Milwaukee. They obliged it. Guys, this age, this skill, this talented, this dominant, You're not just moving them on your own volition. Doesn't happen, not at this age. Now, it come a time we saw AI get traded, but AI wasn't twenty five and a I. AI didn't have to get traded, but you know, the organization thought it was in the best interest, thought of some of the things that were going on off the court, and they moved on from AI. But twenty five year old AI, they ain't moving it.
Speaker 1: And so I'm understanding. But now we're saying, you understand the product. You understand the product that you're getting. Also, I used this scenario last night American Gangster. Then there Washington M and Gutting Jr. There's nothing wrong with blue magic. You got blue magic? Why are you touching it? Why are you touching it? There's nothing wrong with it. It's perfectly fine, just how it is. The product sells itself. Luca is the product. It sells itself. Why are you? Why are you touching it? What are we doing? A player of his magnitude? You know, all the hookah, all the beer. God damn it. You've been part of the NBA GM's presidents managers. You understand. Everybody drink, everybody smoke, everybody does some things, some extracurricular things outside of that as well, But we ain't trading them. Especially some about this is for long term, long term what Lucas ain't walking through that door. And if they were, if Luca, if Lucas be walking through that door, I mean a lot of a lot of other teams would have success.
Speaker 2: A lot more frequently. Come on, Luca is not a generational talent. Luca is a transcendent talent. Because the generation generation is twenty years. Guys don't come a month. Ya, This is transcendent. He's he's, he's And for me, O Joe, if I'm Patrick dumont of why I'm anybody Nicole Harrison, if I'm anybody in the Mavericks organization. I am not going to talk about this because all you do stirring old poop, it still stinks. All you do is peeled the scalb off of wound. That's that's still very fresh, but it's starting to scab over. You just rip the scalb off and got to start this thing all over again, because all the fans heard is like, man, this man track. I can't believe this man. And did you hear what he's saying? That's what the fans are thinking. Did you hear what he's saying? He talking about long term? Go messed up? Black? We just went to the NBA final.
Speaker 1: To yourself, you're lying to yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if I'm them, I'm I'm done talking about this time. This this is this subject, Ohoe. I I'm not bringing I'm not bringing it up no more, Joe, because because I can't. There is nothing, no win. At some point in time, you got to come to the conclusion, O Joe, there is nothing you can say. Even if you were to win a title, people like you know, people gonna say we could have won the title with Luca. Who's just saying. Who's to say we wouldn't won that title with Luca Ojo.
Speaker 1: Yah, Well you know he won't have to worry about that because they're not going to be able to win the title.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, the pain did not stop there for Dallas Southwest Airline after fifty four years, decided up there their check bag policy and now they're charging customers by throwing shade ats. It's not like we traded Luca.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one. That's a great, great business. It's all about advertising. How do we grass the viewing eye and make them say, oh, that was good. You know what, I want to fly with them despite them changing the policy and finally having to pay for bags, that was so clever. I'm from the flyer Southwest just because I mean, I'm not changing you know, my my my love for Spirit their Spirit Airlines. But that was a good one. That was great advertising. I don't know who came up with that. It was short, quick and to the point. Perfect scenario.
Speaker 2: Because the thing gives O Joe is that, you know, there's certain things that are catchy like the State Farm, like Flow with Progressive, like all State with Mayim, like Bud Wiser, Yeah ya, Bud. Why the Clivesdale. Remember the Clivesdale's commercial with the horns and the dogs and so forth and so on. That's what he wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't know who that All State that Mayhem commercials, but he's classic. I don't know who's behind the creative directed on, but he is. That's classic.
Speaker 2: That's right. Jake from State Farm made him from All State, Flow from Progressive. Really that's anonymous. I mean, I don't know what what Flow is gonna do. Hey, you remember the when when this commercial with Grandma where's the beef? Remember that? Yeah? So in this situation right here, I mean, look, this is maybe over time because eventually, you know, twenty thirty years from now, people will remember mill Walk. You traded Kareem. You don't remember that. People think Korean played his whole career in LA. He didn't. He didn't. That happens. It definitely, it happens. And you know it's like and he was homegrown. We took a young kid out of Slovenia, not extremely terribly athletic. He doesn't jump very high, he doesn't run very fast. He doesn't run very fast. All I know he puts the ball in the basket and an elite level. He has the third highest scoring average in NBA history, only behind Michael Jordan Chamberlain and it's Luca Dunn history history. He has the second highest scoring averaging playerf history, behind one Michael Jordan. They're not gonna forget that soon over time. Yeah, you know, we forget a lot of stuff over time. That's just the way the human mind is after a while. But it ain't happening anytime soon. And because anything that he does, you know, people are gonna go back. And plus we got internet. Maybe it'd been different if Kareem came up in an era where you had internet and you had twenty four hour news cycles and people talk sports all the time, twenty four hours a day, three sixty five, maybe it'll be different. But sports is different now than what it was back then, O Joe. It's vastly different because the way we cover it, the way we talk about it, the way we consume it. And with all that being said, people are gonna be mad in Dallas about at the Maverick for a long ass time.
Speaker 1: You're not easier on his end playing the way he's flying. When Lebron comes back and they continue to have success, together on the court. It's going to always be brought up over and over and over and over. This is who they traded.
Speaker 2: Hey, but don't let that. Don't let don't lose sight of that. I understand y'all didn't trade Luca. But y'all charging for check bags now, so let's let's let's let's let's keep the focus on the focus. I get it. It's very catch it. It's not like we traded Luca, but y'all charging money for those bags. And I remember when they first instituted a charging for check bags. O Joe, I was like, man, everybody like that ain't gonna last long. That ain't gonna last long. People gonna stop flying. Okay, well, how are you gonna get from California to the.
Speaker 1: Floor, You're gonna fly.
Speaker 2: How you get from New York to side drive, You're gonna fly? Hell now. So that's guess what What normally happens is that when one airline does something, what is everybody.
Speaker 1: Else follow right behind? Follow right behind? Because you got you got to you got to make it up for a reason. They charge you for check bags for a reason. You got to make money. This is a business, no matter how you see.
Speaker 2: It and think about the money, because think about it, Oh Joe, they give you one and then they charge you if the bags over a certain weight. Yeah, they charge you with a How about you take a dollar pound for real? Yeah. I do my best.
Speaker 1: I do my best regards to how long I'm going somewhere. They always take a carry on, take a carry on in the duffle. I try not to take suitcases.
Speaker 2: I try to do the same thing. But sometimes when you're traveling, when you're traveling eight cities in ten days, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait, wait, wait, wait one minute. Now listen. You can always use my method, a method I've been using for a very long time. It's very it's cost sufficient, and it works going from city to city. Now, if you got how many day you say, eight cities in ten days. Now, if you got eight season in ten days, what you have to understand is all you have to do is take three pair of shoes, use the same outfit, have a bunch of underwear, tank tops and t shirts. Always change. But use the same outfit. But change your shoes after each city because the outfit resets itself. So if you're in Chicago on Monday and you got to go, you got to go to say, let's say l A on Tuesday. All you do is wear the same outfit but changing shoes, and the outfit resets itself based on a different location, so that that stage pack multiple outfits. Now, that's just something I do and and still do to this day, especially when you have to do things back to back to back, and you having to do signings and appearances for La Portier.
Speaker 2: Okayand you think I go, You think I got shorts and tank top in Connecticut and californ and Chicago.
Speaker 1: Right now, all you needed, All you need is a little jacket. You can put a little jacket in your duffer real quick. Boom you good, Oh hoodie, you don't need much. You used to the colde you played in Denver, you played in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: What that was twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to save you on your traveling expenses, not only expenses, but being able to travel efficient in light. Two pair, yeah, same sweatsuit. Matter fact, you have a black sweatsuit and a great one and you get those are interchangeable and you just change the shoes A pair of white Air Force ones and a pair of black ones.
Speaker 2: I got white Air Force ones and that's it, and go with everything. That's why the outfits probably the outfits, I don't know. They probably stand up in the corner by themselves when I take them off.
Speaker 1: Listen. It works, though, it works, it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I hate going to I just want to come out of their port and hop right into the car and I'm off. I don't want to stand around bague claim and I mean fan, I want to say this. If you see a person standing around back claim dode, ask them what they're doing. If that's who you standing around baggage claim, what do you think? I think you do it on shoe?
Speaker 1: Wait on my bag?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What are you doing here? Yeah? I can't, I can't. I can't get some crap.
Speaker 1: Just trying to start a little conversation. Really not know.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing? Hey, Hey, oh Joe, how you doing? Man? I'll be watching that cam man. You y'all be going crazy. Man, y'all be going half with that thing. I love that show. You don't blow I love don't come on this.
Speaker 1: Be nervous. You got to understand that people be nervous.
Speaker 2: Oh, lordy, I tell you. The dude asks me out in the strip, Joe, Man, what you doing here? Same thing you doing here? Look at that? Who are now? What I'm doing here? That's what you're doing here? What the hell? What what do you think I'm doing? Ain't no basket, ain't no morning.
Speaker 1: Bad going right right right right? So you're there for the who hot in the wings?
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, brought it? Yeah, man, Hey, yeah, man, Hey bad y'all. Man, I've been watching you with TV. Brother, not the time you try to distract me. Hey, hey, yeah, man, Honey on the stage, bro't god of hend up by now, tiny, I'm looking at honey right now.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm looking at. Amber Amber up next coming to the stage one, stage three, devastation, Yeah, honeye devastation.
Speaker 1: You never seen the devastation. Yeah, it's one. It's one name. Devastation. Boy. She known worldwide.
Speaker 2: They called it chocolate carmel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah me that throwback, that's throw back.
Speaker 2: The Bucks beat the Lakers by twenty six. That's three three straight losses. The three teams behind them in the standings are all riding winning streets. Houston four games, Golden State five games, Minnesota six games, big trip tomorrow to end the road trip en Denver back to back, the Lakers wasted an outstanding and outstanding performance by Luka Dantic. Luca is the youngest Laker to play, the youngest Lakers player to have forty five points ten rebounds in a game since nineteen sixty two. Oh, forty five, Magic had What did Magic have in that playoff game? Ash? But in forty two he might have had forty two. But anyway, he's the youngest Laker to have forty five points ten rebounds in the game since nineteen sixty two. Them tonight, the show was the guys that can score, they don't really defend very well. Luca and Ar. Guys that can defend can't score the ball. Phinni Smith Vanderbilt. That's the issue that you had. The Luca played, Luca and Ar played extremely well. Nobody else did much, and that's the problem that you're gonna have. They got crushed on the Magic had forty two to fifteen. Okay, the Lakers shot forty four percent from the floor. They allowed the Milwauke to shoot forty eight. They shot thirty percent from the three. They'll allowed the Bucks to shoot forty three turnover where it wasn't that differential, wasn't that vast? Fourteen for the Lakers, twelve for the Bucks. They did get out rebinding by ten on the offensive glass. But look, and that's the problem that you're gonna have right now. They're scrambling, they're undersized. I like I said again, and I don't like to beat a dead horse. But I don't know why they signed Alex Linn's he's he's, I mean, he big for no reason. I mean, I mean probably than God. Thinking like, man, if I know you was gonna be like this, I wouldn't give you all this night. Ain't no sis. But he pretty soon he about to be the tallest coach ever. That that's where you're headed. That's that's his next.
Speaker 1: I don't want, I don't want to talk bad about him. Maybe he just hasn't come into his own yet. Maybe he's lacking a little bit of confidence having that type of size, that type of length, and to be playing in the NBA, you have to be of some some type of use. You know, I haven't seen it yet, but listen, I know I saw for myself the no Jackson Hayes Knight, no Lebron, no RUI. I think the game would have been a little bit more competitive, obviously if the Lakers was healthy. Obviously Luca did all he could do. But as you said, those that score can't play defense, and those who play defense, they can't god damn score. So not having Lebron his hurt. I think he's gonna be like this for the next week or two until he can get himself back back in. Hello, Luke, I'm gonna have to do his best. Luke's gonna have to do his best and carry the load as much as he can, and hopefully, you know, the supporting cast can have knights. Those that can score can have knights when they're on and be a little bit more efficient and pick up the slack being that Lebron is not there.
Speaker 2: You look at Luca. They scored one hundred and six points, So Joe, Luca gave you forty five. Oster Reed gave you twenty eight. That's seventy.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: They got thirty. They got thirty three one, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight nine. The nine other players scored thirty three points. One guy scored teening, so that means they got twenty three from the other eight. And now you look at you look at the Bucks Giannis with assist a way from a triple double twenty four, twelve and nine, Brook Lopez twenty three, Dame twenty two, Kevin Porter Junior twenty two, Gary Trent Junior sixteen. When you get that kind of production, when you get that kind of ballot scoring and the scoring is so lopsided on the other side, well that's kind of what you're gonna get. You're gonna get a situation where you get blown out. And like we said, we were talking about it at the top O Joe, those that can score don't defend. Those that can't. Those that can defend can't score. So what do you do you I mean, they would have literally had to play a perfect game. Oh, Luca and Luca and Ar give you what they gave you. But other guys who are gonna have to knock down shots. I mean, Luca can't play any better. I mean some of the shots that he was hitting you lot, damn, damn. And they got the game within what two three, And next thing you know, the Bucks go on a ten oh run or twelve over run and push it back to fourteen. The Lakers clawed back. They go on fifteen fifteen to two fifteen three run and push it back out and then the Lakers can get no close than no closer than that. It's just Lebron could not have and it's not his fault. So I don't want people to say, oh, Shaid like you could help, but lebron injury could not have come at a time o Jo this is I mean, they got they were playing extremely well and and then he gets hurt. Now what do you do? And I said this at the time, I do not believe they're gonna be a second place. They're not gonna be a second place. They gotta hope they can hold this thing off and not get get in the play yet, which is seven through ten, because they got an uphill climb. They got the Nuggets tomorrow. They got ther Nuggets, the Nuggets tomorrow. Now, Brook Lopez had twenty three. What the hell you think yoke gonna do?
Speaker 1: Well, Listen, it don't matter who Yo playing. He gonna get twenty nine to thirty each night, regardless he listened. Yo could be playing the goddamn five Disciples on the court. He gonna go. He gonna get his points no matter what. For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised, as Gres as good as Differences been playing all year long, and despite the Lakers not having Lebron watch, they shock you tomorrow. For some reason, Wash the Lakers shock you tomorrow, and just so happened to stumble up on a wind despite the Broun not playing, Lucas probably gonna hapen good game.
Speaker 2: Ar Luca needed to go for seventy, Luca would needed to go for seventy, Era need to go for thirty five, and then the other guys need to.
Speaker 1: Go for thirty. And you know, don't be surprised if it happened. I'm not saying it because because I'm saying, I'm just saying the way sports goes in general, for some reason, always happens like that. They they've lost three and all of a sudden, they played Denver, you're expect them to lose, especially those that like the gamble, they mess around and win Themorrow night watch. Now watch what I take.
Speaker 2: I would have looked had they not gotten blown out last night by Minnesota, I might have agreed with you, Ojo, I might have agreed with you. But because they got blown out at home by Minnesota, I don't see that happening. Mike Malona have them very focused. That left a nasty taste in their mouths. They know whatout all. I mean, they let a man go off, Julior j Randall went off and they got beat by almost twenty on their home court. They'll be fired up. That crowd will be rocking. And if you know that, if you watch this team over the last four to five years, they get up like no other.
Speaker 1: They play the Lakers, Okay.
Speaker 2: They get up to play the Lakers. The Lakers are everybody's championship. I mean, especially the Nuggets. Some teams you get up to play for, like now it's Kansas City, used to be the Patriots. Everybody play their bests when they playing the Cowboys. That's what the Lakers are up against now. And I expected the Nuggets to put their best foot forward. I expect them to play some of their best ball because they're ticked off that they let Minnesota come in there and do what they did to them last night. Oh man, But yeah, it's tough, I mean, and they were playing so well, o Joe. The Lakers had been playing extremely well Luca and Lebron had started to figure it out. Luca was gonna have the ball in his hands. Lebron was gonna dive and slash to the basket, gonna get to the post up he posts up at the top of the key post up on the side. Now he can see over. The assist totals were really high because you got two of the best passes and NBA history with the ball in their hands. A large part Ar takes a little pressure off Ar because now your two best defenders gotta guard Lebron and Luca. So now Ar is getting your third or fourth best defender. He's gonna do what he does. So everything had really really started to go well, and then just like that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny, honestly, it'especially the same thing that happened happened to Dallas. You know, everybody crushed the trade. They look they look deep, they look good, they look decent. For a little bit, eighty goes down. Okay, we still got Kyrie, we got something to lift to live off of. We got some hope. We still got a superstar that can put busts in the seasaid at least get the musical attention right, he goes down.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: So the Lakers looked like the trade that they had. It was winning. Lebron playing well, Luca playing well. They're going on a winning streak. Luca sean flashes of what he used to be. Then he's scoring thirty. He cutting the food, Lebron cutting the food. Some of the presses off of him. He don't have to the ball up the court. He can. He can play freely, take over a game when he wants to. Now he go down. Hey, it's sports, baby, that's what makes the game so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sometimes o Yo, you gotta you gotta laugh to keep man.
Speaker 1: That's a good one right there, Boy, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: You gotta laugh.
Speaker 1: The Lakers know the Lakers use right now, who ever the whoever the triple double in high school.
Speaker 2: Nobody ain't nobody out there can help the Lakers right now.
Speaker 1: Boy, you ain't never seen me put the ball on the floor. Now, but you never see my rings game. You ain't never seen me come off, come off the pick and roll and pull up.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Man, you don't play Oh so you you you could pick him, I could.
Speaker 1: Pick him pop, but I could I can pick up Pop better than better than the stripple. I'll tell you no, lie.
Speaker 2: Uh that's yeah. It's like I said, you look at Houston's playing well, you look at Minnesota's playing well, Golden State's playing well. Since there since the addition of Jimmy Butler, the Lakers were and as good as those teams were playing, the Lakers were playing better. But it just so happens sometimes injuries happened at the most nd opportunity times, and hopefully you have a team that's good enough to overcome, that can keep the ship steady until said player comes back or said play ERDs come back. But in this case, it's really one Yeah, we'd love to get Rui back. We love to get Jackson Hayes back. But the one guy that you could you could ill afford to lose if Ron James, because he's a guy that does a lot of what kind of like when you got here, Luca, you know, they're gonna give you fifty to sixty points between the two of them. They're gonna give you somewhere between eighteen and twenty rebounds between the two of them, and they're gonna probably give you twenty assists between the two of them. So you count. You can count on that. Now Austere Reeves gives you what he gives you, which is somewhere between eighteen and twenty points given on a likely basis. Ruy Chips saying, if you're his fourteen. Now, whatever we get from uh uh Phinney Smith, whatever we get from Gabe Benson, we take it. We know Jackson Hay is gonna roll, gonna get some, gonna get some, give him some second chance opportunities. We know he's gonna roll to the basket, dive to the basket, catch a couple of lobs, get a couple of you know, put backs. Right now, we don't really have that. We don't have that. We don't have a big uh. We're playing undersize. Giannis is just getting whatever he wants, getting to the basket, uh Brook Lopez getting off his rebounds, getting whatever he wants. So it was really a tough night. The effort. I don't think I don't think JJ is gonna be really pleased with the effort. There's a lot of times Kevin Porter Junior hit three I think three straight threes in the UH in the third quarter. I mean, I mean wide open shoot around threes. Can't have that. They gotta they've gotta be better. They gotta be locked in. And guy's gotta know their responsibility, and and and and and and and close out without filing, and they got to get the ball. Wants the ball go. Your job is not done once the guy missed the shot. Your job is done once you grab the rebound. Because if he misses the shot, you don't grab the rebound, what have you actually done. It's kind of like, Oh Joe, when you and I talk about on third down, you get a team the third down. If you can't get him off the field, what good is getting them to turn down?
Speaker 1: Listen, if they get if they get a third down and they.
Speaker 2: They keep doing it, they're gonna get the ball in. That's yes, it's extremely demoralizic, but uh, the Lakers gotta find a way to do something. And I don't know if. Like I said, Lebron is probably gonna be out for at least another week. The probably the earliest you could expect to see Lebron James is probably next weekend. And there's a good chance, Oh Jo, they could be in the seventh of the eighth spot by then.
Speaker 1: They really unless something drastically happened. Like I said, especially starting starting tomorrow night, they just happen to win. Even though you say how teams get up to play the Lakers. I just have a feeling just with with understanding of how sports work, regardless of what regards what the sport is, whether it be soccer, whether it be football, whether it be basketball, tennis. But it's just for some reason where things are. When you think about a team that's playing, they're not playing well, they have a star that's going for some reason, the team always plays well against a team that you just know they're gonna lose too, and they just spot you. I really have a feeling. I don't know why. So people out there, if you, if you, if you're a gambler, I really would pick the Lakers and win tomorrow despite it being Denver, despite with Joker and Murray are doing.
Speaker 2: I just think so, yeah, I might be I might pick the Lakers if somebody else's money, but if it's my money, I'm picking the Lakers because I value my money a little bit more than that. But that being said, we'll see what happens. I'll be hey, Milwaukee, you know you're gonna get in late tonight to Denver, and you got to you know, you got to shoot around tomorrow and then you know, you go back, get your nap, and then hopefully, you know, you put your best foot forward and see what happens. But I'm not I'm not overly confidence that they're competent, that they're gonna be able to pull this out.
Speaker 1: The volume m