Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: I feel just the bits.
Speaker 3: Happy weekend, everybody. I hope your Fourth of July was awesome. As you've probably realized, we are on vacation, but this weekend new content on Part one and Part three with Eddie. We recorded it before we left for vacation, so you guys got some new stuff to listen to while we're out and really exciting this particular best Bits this weekend. Normally I count down from each show every week, but this one I'm doing the best segments from the Bobby Bone Show the last six months, so.
Speaker 4: You can get caught up. Maybe if you've been out for.
Speaker 3: A little bit or just having fun vacations and out live in your life and you miss a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of the show, this is the time to catch up because.
Speaker 3: These are not only the most engaged, the most viral moments, but the most called in about. These are the all top seven ones, so you won't miss a single thing.
Speaker 4: Part one, Part three with Eddie.
Speaker 3: But now let's dive in top Bobby Bone Show segments from the last six months. Back in February, Abby had her guitar recital. If you recall in twenty twenty three. Bobby had encouraged her to learn guitar so she could play for herself, and he gave her six months to learn a song and then complay it on the show. Well, February was after those six months where she learned and took some lessons and tried a bunch of different things, and she came on and played some songs on the guitar, and I personally think she crushed it. A lot of people had things to say about it, but Abby, I'm still proud of you, and I think it's awesome.
Speaker 5: So this is Abby's guitar recital number seven.
Speaker 6: Very exciting for us because our very own Abby is going to do her first ever recital here on the show. She has her guitar and Abby, we're so excited.
Speaker 7: Thank you, y'all.
Speaker 8: I am too.
Speaker 6: We're going to officially play your interview music in a second. But six months or so ago, Abby was talking about playing a bar, but she had to hire a guitar player and then sometimes there'd be an issue.
Speaker 9: Abby, why don't you learn to play guitar yourself?
Speaker 10: No, I did I encourage her. I said, you're wasting your own money. I'm the one that put this. I inspired this, I did I inspired this.
Speaker 6: You can't take credit for her playing guitar. Horror, so Abby, with you playing guitar, you went and you're making yourself very uncomfortable. You never played publicly before, right, You've been practicing at home and lunchbox. Deserve all the credit ahead of time.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think he did it for this moment right here to.
Speaker 11: Laugh at you.
Speaker 2: Yes, but would you remember done it without me doing that?
Speaker 6: I may have thank you?
Speaker 2: That was a she accepted that I was.
Speaker 9: This segment is not about you. This is about Abby.
Speaker 11: Abby.
Speaker 6: We're going to play this official music and then we're going to kind of feel what you're feeling. Okay, all right, hit it.
Speaker 1: Here we go the Friday morning conversation with.
Speaker 6: So Abby.
Speaker 9: What kind of guitar do you have there?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 12: This is a tailor. It is a GS mini. I got a smaller one.
Speaker 9: I play a mini and I do comedy.
Speaker 6: You do red mini.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So congratulations on your your guitar.
Speaker 6: Did you buy that?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I did for this. I really got into the thing.
Speaker 6: And then how often have you been practicing?
Speaker 7: Every day? Early every day?
Speaker 9: Are you negative, nervous or positive? Nervous right now.
Speaker 12: I'm positive, but I'm because every time I play by myself at home, like I sound really good, and then if I play for one of my friends or something, I just I kind of mess.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, okay, So what song in this recital are you gonna play for us?
Speaker 14: First?
Speaker 12: So I have Tennessee Orange by Megan Maroney.
Speaker 11: And we're not gonna do the full song, right.
Speaker 12: It's really long. I practiced it last night and I was like, man, this is just going on.
Speaker 6: So so what are you gonna do? Like a verse and chorus?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can start like the second verse.
Speaker 6: And whenever whatever you want, Abby is here. And how do you are your fingers calloused? Like to the point where it doesn't hurt anymore?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah they are?
Speaker 6: Okay, you guys reading any questions for our Abbey Lee Anderson playing the guitar for the very first time. She's been singing for a while. But here we go.
Speaker 7: I think the MIC's falling, So is that okay?
Speaker 14: I deal with it? Right?
Speaker 6: Hey, you're doing a live show, so you say it's show bib, it's show bis baby, Well, just gonna be a guitar tech since Scoob.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: All right, Abby, are you ready to knock our socks off? I'm ready with Tennessee Orange. From Megan Maroney, a verse in a chorus, Here we Go.
Speaker 15: Took me in Knoxville last Saturday, and I wore the head on. He's a dashed to the games, sure was, and nothing's but fell for him under those me But I'll met somebody and he's confluence. He opens the door.
Speaker 16: And he don't make me cry. Here, come away, Froboddy feels like calme.
Speaker 15: He's got me doing things I've never done.
Speaker 7: In Georgia.
Speaker 16: Day call in sin.
Speaker 15: I'm wearing Tennessee Orange.
Speaker 6: I can tell you so us because her hand's even shaking when she's trying to strump. Do you see that you're shaking? Yeah, it's normal. You only get nervous because things madd good or bad. You get nervous because thing's mad.
Speaker 7: I don't want to shake though.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll take a breath. Yes, how did you feel about that performance?
Speaker 12: Since my hands were shaking, they weren't like exactly on the chords, so they were a little off.
Speaker 6: I would even say they are artists that come in that are really good that sometimes mess up will they're playing. But you know the difference is they just keep going and they don't even act like it's a thing.
Speaker 11: It's just part of it.
Speaker 6: So instead of and you do this too when you're doing karaoke, be like oh, instead of being like, oh, just keep going, who cares, We're not even gonna know.
Speaker 7: Yes, just keep going. You need a breath, Just keep going.
Speaker 6: Breath you take a breath.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's do this. Why don't we play a song? Let Abby gain or composure.
Speaker 6: That was a rehearsal firm.
Speaker 11: That was a rehearsal for the recital, and it was good, Abby, you're doing great.
Speaker 6: We're gonna do that one again. And do you have another song you're gonna do too?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 9: What's the other song?
Speaker 7: It's a fun one, fishing in the dark along with me?
Speaker 6: Okay, Abby's here, take a breath. Let's box your thoughts. Rehearsal.
Speaker 9: Let's rehearsal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, rehearsals a little rough, Okay. I was going into it.
Speaker 10: I thought it was gonna be rough because she was cramming another room, having Eddie teacher a couple of things that was like.
Speaker 11: Or go over stuff with.
Speaker 2: I was like man, dude, she's cramming right now.
Speaker 8: Cool artists do that backstage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they do it here in the Green notes. Right, okay, Abby, take a breath. That was a rehearsal we did a minute ago. You guys heard that. That was just us tinkering around. We didn't know where on the air. I was just like testing out her new guitar.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, yeah, right now I'm ready.
Speaker 11: A little calmer, yes, I think so.
Speaker 6: Deep breath there you go, through your nose, at your mouth. You've been waiting for this moment I have. It's going to be so much better after this moment, regardless of how good you do here, because you've done the experience. You've seen. If you mess up, life doesn't end. If you do great, you're not elected president. So that way you can just keep going.
Speaker 11: That's what I do.
Speaker 6: I've bombed out before, and you know what, I realized, life ain't over, is really not that bad. But I needed to bomb to be able to see that. So I was comfortable with knowing my worst case scenario. And then I've done something, I've crushed it, and you know what, I didn't get a metal accommodation. So let that be your leader. Okay, Abby's here. She's got her guitar. She's not never played in public. This is her guitar recital. While she's singing, you know, I think of mentioning if you did Megan Maroney, Tennessee Orange. You guys think that'd be good. Oh, just on the top of my head, I think that would be for Did you try to play that one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Here she has in her recital. It's Abby Lee Anderson. All right, Abby.
Speaker 15: Mom, mom calling, I've got some news. Don't you tell daddy, h blow fuse, don't worry. I'm new and okay.
Speaker 16: I know he.
Speaker 7: Raised me to know wh from wrong.
Speaker 8: He ain't what you think.
Speaker 7: And I'm still riting songs.
Speaker 15: Just have a thought at see the day.
Speaker 7: I've never felt this way.
Speaker 15: I'm that somebody and he's gonna blue.
Speaker 16: He opens the door and he don't make me crying.
Speaker 7: Prom went from Honey.
Speaker 16: Feel like calm.
Speaker 15: He's got me doing things I've never done in George and me coming to sing I'm with in Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Nice. Joy you for your vulnerability and you're doing a great job.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 11: So here's what I want to.
Speaker 6: Say to you and ask you, did you find it difficult to sing and play at the same time because there's different things happening.
Speaker 7: Yes, and there's even like more strumming. You're supposed to do this.
Speaker 6: You have to put yourself down.
Speaker 9: You don't put yourself that's true that.
Speaker 7: I don't think it is when you're just strumming down once.
Speaker 12: I don't think it is. But it took me a while to get that. Yeah, like a long time. It's just like you strum through and then you hum it and then you start singing.
Speaker 9: You did a great job. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 7: Pretty good? Yeah? Pretty good? Doesn't sound like on my couch, but good.
Speaker 11: Lunchbox your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job, Abby?
Speaker 6: There you go all right now? Way, it's like a clip we have of him saying anything positive we play it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it wasn't perfect, but you kept going, Hey.
Speaker 11: Art isn't Yeah, what what art is? Perfect?
Speaker 2: You're right? Abby?
Speaker 6: Are you ready? What's the next song?
Speaker 14: Unity?
Speaker 9: For us and your recital?
Speaker 7: Fishing in the dark? You guys have to sing with me?
Speaker 6: Well, no, no, no, you got this.
Speaker 11: You don't need us.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe a second or third time. You need to hold your paper for you.
Speaker 7: These are like my this is just the words.
Speaker 6: Okay, the we'll put it on the ground, Ready, Abby and ready. Here's nitty gritty dirt band coming up.
Speaker 15: To Nash showing through the cricket sobbing len and bugs are floating on the breese baby across the field where the creek turns back storm road. I'm gonna take it to a special place then nobody knows, baby gin red.
Speaker 14: O.
Speaker 15: You and me going fishing and the dog line on our backs and count the stars with the cool grass scrolls.
Speaker 16: Down by the river in the full moonline.
Speaker 15: We'll be funny, loving the middle loving, not just moving slow.
Speaker 16: Staying the horn I through. Feels so good to be with Jo.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, yeah, more up tempo.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I love your heart and you're I mean listen, you're on it most of the time.
Speaker 6: You just don't you just can't. Don't quit practicing, I mean nothing the best way. Don't give up now because we did the bit.
Speaker 17: Yeah, like keep thinking, I mean think, this is so much problem and it's also.
Speaker 6: Going to make you a better singer too, because you won't worry as much about singing. You'll sing what naturally comes out of you, and it'll just so happen to match the the key that you're You're just gonna be a better singer.
Speaker 9: I want you learn to play guitar.
Speaker 7: Yes, so how did you? How do you think?
Speaker 9: I thought it was pretty good?
Speaker 7: Better than you thought. Were worse.
Speaker 9: About what I thought?
Speaker 6: Good? Like you didn't know how to play. Six months later, you pay two songs on the national radio.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, I was impressed.
Speaker 11: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: Now now we will we have to go to a break in a few minutes. But do you want us to sing it with you now that we've heard you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the chorus or the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll just do background vocals and really, but but don't worry about us. You you do you, and you're just comfortable. You're you're hanging out with your friends, relaxing. Good, All right, Abby, go ahead, coming up.
Speaker 15: To shouting through the cricket song, singing in line, and bugs are floating on the breeze.
Speaker 18: Baby, get ready across the field where the creek turns back by the little storeroom.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna take it to a special place then nobody knows.
Speaker 18: Baby, gin ready, you and me go my fishing in the dark line on our backs and count the stars with a cool grass grows.
Speaker 15: Down by the river in the line We'll be fine and love in the middle, loving.
Speaker 16: Not just move in slow, stay in the hole of blue.
Speaker 4: Feels so good to be with.
Speaker 6: Good job, yeah, good job, and your pays was good.
Speaker 2: Everything was good.
Speaker 6: Practicing okay, Amy, give me a couple of words, real quick, Ada his first recital.
Speaker 17: I well, I already said impressed, and I stand by that proud, like genuinely proud of you, and then also motivated, like I'm sitting here thinking, you know, I don't know what it is. It could be it doesn't have to be an instrument, but it could be that if anybody else is thinking about picking up something or a hobby or starting something and they feel like, oh, it's too late in life, like Yo's not a hundred, she's not, But.
Speaker 16: I mean, I.
Speaker 17: Guess more so, I'm thinking of myself, like I'm about to turn forty three and there's things I want to do, and I'm like, now, Abby's motivating me.
Speaker 6: It's good job, Abby, Eddie quickly, Oh yeah, look the ball's rolling.
Speaker 11: I mean, Abby, this is going to open up your musical career in a different way.
Speaker 14: You're gonna be able to go to writing sessions with your guitar.
Speaker 9: She yeah, she's made money play music.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, and you'll be able to go is a song on the radio.
Speaker 6: You'll be able to write and you'll be able to play like songwriter stuff too.
Speaker 9: It's like Abbie can play with this. You got to just play a couple of songs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, LaunchBox.
Speaker 10: I'd like to say that I'm glad that I'm so inspiring. I didn't know I can inspire people to make change. And I mean, I think another year and you might be able to play live somewhere in the year. Okay, really, I mean I don't. I mean, you're not good enough to go play live now with a guitar, but another year you might be able to.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of you. It took real it took real vulnerability to come up and do that and learn something new and put it on the show.
Speaker 9: So I'm proud of you.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 11: That's great.
Speaker 19: Keep practicing, Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 4: Back in March, it was a wild turn of events.
Speaker 3: We had miss Kelly come in the studio and she tested Amy Eddie Lunchbox and Bobby to see if any of them had dyslexia and dyscalcula. This all happened because Eddie came on the show and was like, I'm not good at math and also I think I have dyslexia. So we brought in an expert and tested everybody out on the air and it all played out some emotional moments, some funny.
Speaker 4: Some awkward, you know the usual.
Speaker 3: In case you missed this one, this happened in March, and you're about to hear who on the show if anybody has dyslexia or dyscalcula number six.
Speaker 1: So Bobby Bones Show interviews.
Speaker 6: In case you didn't know, we're going to do some dyslexia testing. Her name is Kelly Cole. She has a bachelor's degree from Southern Methods University, a doctorate of education, and she does this for a living.
Speaker 9: She created her own business.
Speaker 6: She works with kids, young adults and adults one to determine if they're dyslexic or there's a number version two. And we're going to take the tests. We're all gonna be supportive of each other. Yeah, of course, Okay, you guys, that's not good acting well, we do, man, and she is here now. Her website is knowledge charged dot com. Let's go.
Speaker 11: I'm a little nervous here she is. Are you guys excited for the dyslexia tests.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I don't understand why. That's just when you read things upside down.
Speaker 6: Right sort of. We have an expert here. Let me let me give her credentials here. So she has a bachelor's degree from SMU. She has a doctorate of Education from SMU. She has a what's a ce er I Kelly.
Speaker 13: International Dyslexia Association certification.
Speaker 11: Got it?
Speaker 6: And so you have CAC tutoring in Fort Smith, Arkansas. And you were a teacher first.
Speaker 13: Yes, and then my son got cancer, so I left the profession. And then he was having a lot of trouble. We couldn't figure out if it was medical or learning disability, and at nine we diagnosed dyslexia. We drove twice a week, four and a half hours one way, wow, to get him therapy. And the doctor that was giving it was like, you have an education background, you have this, you could go back and do this. Oh wow, And so I went back. I learned from Susan Barton Barton Method, which is Norton, Gillingham based, And at fourteen he started reading and he's graduating from you of A in May.
Speaker 9: That's awesome, really cool.
Speaker 6: So she she was already doing and specialized. And I bet you when you specialized with your son you found a lot of other people nearby that needed that as well.
Speaker 13: Yes, I have a waiting list and can't everybody in It's.
Speaker 6: Well, Eddie might be dyslexic. This is why we brought this up. Yeah, because you brought it to us. We didn't start calling you dyslexia Eddie.
Speaker 14: Correct. No, I think I think I do.
Speaker 11: I don't really don't know because I mix my words sometimes, so I'm assuming I probably have some sort of dyslexia.
Speaker 13: And I see a lot of dys calcula just on things I hear.
Speaker 6: And I see a solid dude that family.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's very is the disc calcula the numbers one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: So here's what we're gonna do. What do I call you?
Speaker 20: Though?
Speaker 6: I know Kelly is your name, because Kelly called us and I was like, hey, I think it can help.
Speaker 9: So she's in town. What are you doing in town, like a convention or something.
Speaker 13: No, my daughter married a boy from Franklin, Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Oh a marriage, yes, No, just to hang out then yes? Oh awesome. Do we call you doctor Kelly? Do we call you all?
Speaker 13: My students call me miss Kelly? Okay, and their parents everybody.
Speaker 6: So we're going to do some tests here throughout the hour with miss Kelly. And what kind of tests? Can you just give me a brief description of what we're going to do before we do it?
Speaker 13: So the first one is going to be a reading evaluation. National average reading level is seventh grade, and so this test goes up to twelfth grade and it will just tell me where your reading level.
Speaker 2: Is twelfth grade?
Speaker 13: So does I'm starting it at fourth grade for you lunch?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, cee spot go.
Speaker 6: That's like kindergarten brh. So how does this first test work? Do we read it? Do you give us something to read?
Speaker 13: I am going to give you a list of thirty words, and I switched everybody's lists up so you wouldn't hear some of the words that the other person reads. And I will be making notes on how your pronunciation is. How do you pause before certain.
Speaker 11: Things we're reading out loud?
Speaker 8: Yes, my heart is sort of like I'm very old, hold.
Speaker 10: On everybody and pronounce his words different. So to judge me on that.
Speaker 14: She's not judging you, Oh she is.
Speaker 2: That's what a test is.
Speaker 8: Judge gets or what phenemix?
Speaker 2: There you go, you already are wrong.
Speaker 6: Okay, well then let's so.
Speaker 13: A PhD runs very closely with dysplexia.
Speaker 11: So great, Amy's sweating over there.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be like the smartest getting the class.
Speaker 6: So do we have do we do it out loud, one at a time? Yes? Okay, So me, Amy, Lunchbox, and Eddie are going to take the test. And who would you like to go first?
Speaker 13: It does not?
Speaker 11: Okay, then let's go to Amy. Do you want to go first?
Speaker 6: Eddie want to go first?
Speaker 14: I'll go first?
Speaker 6: Okay Eddie? Yeah, Morgan, can you help her?
Speaker 14: Got thank you for coming, miss Kelly.
Speaker 11: This is great.
Speaker 13: It does it matters?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 6: Give everybody?
Speaker 13: Want to tell me that? And I have more if you want?
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 9: Passing out the yellow sheets, oh yeah.
Speaker 8: So do we don't look at them yet?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: Oh, don't look at look at it studying. Oh no, I'm not studying, Cheeter, I'm not studying.
Speaker 6: Take one grade away.
Speaker 14: I'm back to third grade.
Speaker 6: Take one grade away, Billy Madison.
Speaker 13: Okay, I need an ink pen.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, ma'am, I'm sorry. Right at you got micright. Miss Kelly's in the studio. We're going to take the first part of a dyslexia test. This is her expertise. Okay, so whatever you need to do, go ahead, Miss Kelly.
Speaker 13: Whoever wants to start, just tell me the number that's on your paper.
Speaker 14: Miss Kelly, I have number four.
Speaker 13: Okay, you can begin. I didn't study there, and start reading across across and keep going. I will not tell you if you're wrong.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Whither bling, awake, board, approve, stalk, mosaic, quality, release, rudimentary, threshold, designer, particular, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic, ludicrous, audacious, benign, pug list, anomaly, coercion, soliquilize, in show eight, enigma, intristic, gods one, metamorphosis, moratorium, and primmorial. I messed that one up too, dude.
Speaker 2: Don't know what some of those words are any talks.
Speaker 8: We have those words, just in a different order.
Speaker 13: Oh dang, some are different.
Speaker 2: I have never heard any talk like that.
Speaker 14: What do you mean? I was just focused, focused.
Speaker 11: Broadcast, I sound clear for her.
Speaker 6: I'm jim Nance. Welcome to the masters.
Speaker 14: Metamorphosis.
Speaker 10: You run me talk, I got talk, right, Miss Kelly, you let me just be normal, right, Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, let's wat You ready?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm ready? What number I got?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Just like my high school soccer jersey number two?
Speaker 14: He's ready.
Speaker 21: Board cliff awake, board approve, glutton, grieve, quality, residence, contemporary, threshold, desolate, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic, predictation, audacious, benign, mitosis, mosaic, corrosion, solio, quiz ruse, enigma, fruition, intrinsic, opskin, quiquist, hubrits, kudos.
Speaker 2: Rumination, rumeneration. I don't know that word.
Speaker 14: Very good, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm missed like two.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what some of them are, So yeah, don't don't don't help.
Speaker 2: Because saying the one I didn't still couldn't say it.
Speaker 9: Okay, job, who's up?
Speaker 2: I didn't go like this? Bored?
Speaker 14: Why you can find of me?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 17: Have three escape, block, awake, brought, approve, stalk through quality, residence, imply, threshold, desolate, thorough, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic predilection, audacious, benign, pugglist anomaly, enigmatic soliloquise in shoat, centrifogful, safe safety.
Speaker 8: Camraadri oh, camarade what I don't know, motor and I don't know. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm so nervous to do this.
Speaker 8: I think that I've always felt like I've had something wrong and so.
Speaker 13: Many people do and it's nothing intellectual. I mean, you are still obviously super smart, no matter if you have dyslexia or not.
Speaker 8: But I don't know if I have it. I just know that it's like always like maybe it's just coming up for me because I don't know. School was so hard for me and I never addressed it.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 6: It feels like if you're like born when we were born, there will be these after school specials and someone would be fighting something and at the end he would go like, I can't read. And I feel like Amy was gonna say that, like finally announced to it she couldn't read.
Speaker 16: I don't know what.
Speaker 8: Maybe I'm just like hormonals.
Speaker 11: Amy, I get what you're saying, or hormonal Amy. Did you finish your list?
Speaker 8: I'm perimen apostle?
Speaker 13: Did I say that right, And.
Speaker 8: So there you go, Bobby, you're up.
Speaker 9: Okay, go go go, I have number number one.
Speaker 6: Are you ready for me? Do I just go?
Speaker 13: Do?
Speaker 6: I do all of them and go right across the top? Okay, weather block, awake, board, approve, stalk, collapse, quality, residence, imply, threshold, desolate, participate, tranquility, humiliate, aeronautic predilection, audacious, benign, pugilist, anomaly, coersion, soliloquise, inuit, enigma, intrinsic, disproportionate, moratorium, obsequious, very good.
Speaker 9: The one that I.
Speaker 11: Really didn't know.
Speaker 9: There's a couple of it. I guessed sometimes when I read a book to do context.
Speaker 11: Sure, yeah, and she didn't.
Speaker 6: I'm so smart, show my skills a gain in this. I don't even know what in like that in means?
Speaker 13: Right, we don't have to know the definition to pronounce.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, that's what I would, That's what but I didn't. I don't know what it means being honest with you guys. Okay, So she's gonna do our scores to take a second, already have them, I have yours.
Speaker 13: Hold back.
Speaker 8: Make her cry, No, that's not she didn't make me cry.
Speaker 17: I think it's this is a vulnerable thing for me of like something I've always thought, and we're doing it in a very public way, which is fine. I signed, I don't I'm doing that. I just can't help the real like reaction and emotion that's coming up because of it. I'm sure I'm not the only person to react this way.
Speaker 13: Are onions while doing it, So some of my mom's volunteered for me to practice on them before I came up, and I had a mom in tears. Her little boy seized me for dyslexia, and I tested her and she's like, I knew that was where it came from, and that was right before I came up.
Speaker 6: She was okay, okay, well then if you have you need a break to do the scores? Are you good?
Speaker 13: I'm good?
Speaker 6: Okay. Who do you want to do?
Speaker 14: First?
Speaker 13: You read on a twelfth grade level?
Speaker 20: Of course?
Speaker 3: Boom?
Speaker 20: What do you know?
Speaker 2: Shocker?
Speaker 14: That's school is easy for you.
Speaker 6: How do I feel picked on right now?
Speaker 8: You shouldn't?
Speaker 13: You should?
Speaker 6: Was it? Thank you? Miss Kelly? Go ahead, and I'm next up number two, which was a.
Speaker 2: Number two, number two, go ahead, twelve.
Speaker 13: Eight point two eighth grade, so above average. Seventh grade is national average.
Speaker 14: You're still in middle school.
Speaker 2: In eighth grade eight point two would be out of middle school, just barely in high school.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, it's like summer. You're in the summer vitu in the middle of high that's right.
Speaker 6: But my question is, let miss Kelly talk yelling at her.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, miss Kelly, Well, I have several marks on the way you pronounced things, not using phonemic code.
Speaker 9: But what grade is the officially in eighth grade?
Speaker 13: Eight point two, second month of eighth grade.
Speaker 11: There you go, buddybody's right around the corner.
Speaker 2: I still, I don't know that I missed one word besides.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm arguing who had number three?
Speaker 13: I did?
Speaker 6: Okay, it's okay, I remember that's due Amy.
Speaker 14: You're good.
Speaker 13: It's seven point eight.
Speaker 11: Whoa, that's actually right there with lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Not even close. She's in a different grade year behind.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Four months.
Speaker 6: Yeah, four months is a lot when you're that old. But you laughed hard. You thought she did way worse than you. I don't think you understand how bad you got it. Got it so Amy, seventh grade, lunchbox eighth grade. And then finally, Eddie, I'm ready, Miss Kelly nine point five? Who in high school?
Speaker 14: Baby, let's go.
Speaker 2: I guess I should have slowed down and been you were all cocky? I mean Eddie. Well okay, I mean he doesn't speak like that.
Speaker 6: First test complete.
Speaker 2: I still don't know what I did wrong?
Speaker 6: You ever were being you?
Speaker 20: Dude?
Speaker 6: Okay, congratulations everybody, elementary students.
Speaker 13: Here, National average or above.
Speaker 11: Nice job, pretty good, it's pretty good. National average I.
Speaker 2: Read on eighth grade level is atrocious.
Speaker 6: Oh nice? You get a bonus point, you get a bonus month for that one. Okay, we're gonna take a break. We're gonna come back. We're gonna do us.
Speaker 11: Oh no, what is this?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I just saw it.
Speaker 11: The next one. I don't know that what the quiz is, but it says spelling. Is that next?
Speaker 6: Yes, count me out. I'll I'm gonna come back spelling next. Miss Kelly is here, which, by the way, go to knowledge charge dot com. I can't say charge a little bit knowledge charge dot com. All right, Miss Kelly's in studio, a bachelor's degree from s m U, a doctorate of education from s m U. She has our c R. Is that a sari? How do you say?
Speaker 9: That you see r okay me twelfth graders, we try to.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna go with the second part of the dyslexia test, which is spelling.
Speaker 14: Oh no, this is not good.
Speaker 13: I can give you a sentence if you need the word used in.
Speaker 2: A sent Oh yeah, can you give me a root of origin?
Speaker 13: It starts very easily and gets harder and harder.
Speaker 6: So how do we do this? Do we all have the same word?
Speaker 13: You all have the same words? So Eddie, guard your paper?
Speaker 16: You got yeah?
Speaker 11: Because he cheats?
Speaker 2: I never I used to try to cheat, but note eveymore.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, miss Kelly, we're ready.
Speaker 13: Your first word is all. I want all of you to do your best.
Speaker 11: I'm in, okay, I'm in for the whim led he led the way.
Speaker 6: So do we finish this? And then you look you great him?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 13: Number three is within you will finish within the time.
Speaker 9: Mostly when I text, I try like two letters and it predicts.
Speaker 2: Man, I am so fast, I'm like predictive.
Speaker 6: All right, w I T and just hope it finish correct.
Speaker 9: Provide how many do you are there, miss Kelly?
Speaker 13: Twenty words?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 13: Number five is suffer.
Speaker 9: You guys, feel pretty good about the first five.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I need to go back to number two.
Speaker 6: Oh no, there's no going back.
Speaker 11: She said, sorry, Bud, what you didn't say anything.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying that you got to keep moving.
Speaker 6: Oh, keep moving. It's like live buddy.
Speaker 13: Number six elect, we will elect a new office. Elect number seven, request.
Speaker 14: And have of it.
Speaker 2: I hope she won't be able to read by right, so she has to give to me correct.
Speaker 6: That's how it works now.
Speaker 13: I tell my students. If I can't read it, it's wrong.
Speaker 6: Oh I've been writing in Mandarin, so I hope it's okay.
Speaker 2: I know that, mister twelfth grader over there, Yeah, just way.
Speaker 6: I'm about to lose a couple of years right now.
Speaker 13: Employ Dad's boss wanted to employ my brother.
Speaker 2: There's one word you better not put on this list.
Speaker 14: I know. Why are you threatening her?
Speaker 6: Why do you keep talking?
Speaker 2: Because this is what I do during a test.
Speaker 11: That's true.
Speaker 13: Number nine entertain Number ten foreign he is from a foreign country.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're getting difficult now.
Speaker 13: Eleven convenient so that like a store, the hours are not convenient.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't miss that one.
Speaker 13: Number two well familiar. Thirteen accommodate I mean instead of word again accommodate. We will accommodate her with a new room. Accommodate. Oh, let me fix that number fourteen Parliament.
Speaker 20: I got that one.
Speaker 14: I was hoping with parlay.
Speaker 13: Number fifteen acquaintance.
Speaker 2: Am, you're off a quiet.
Speaker 8: Because I don't feel the need to talk after every single one she says.
Speaker 14: Is him in high school?
Speaker 13: You know it was number sixteen physician.
Speaker 9: Will you say that was again physician?
Speaker 13: Number seventeen appropriate?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 22: It's getting tough, yeah, eighteen occurrence all the scribblesdaym Yeah, I.
Speaker 13: Think I got that nineteen zealous the fan was over zealous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got that one, right.
Speaker 6: Boom.
Speaker 2: Do you get more points for getting the hard ones?
Speaker 23: Right?
Speaker 6: You get point poom loud.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm talking, right, you gotta buddy zealous.
Speaker 13: I just got like ten points and your last word is millennium millennium.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad embarrassed is not on there. That's one where I cannot spell.
Speaker 6: Shut up? Yeah, be quiet, man, dude, gosh, will you say that one again?
Speaker 13: Millennium silver came into use in the third millennium.
Speaker 11: Okay, I definitely do not.
Speaker 14: I think I missed one name. If you only missed one, I'm kidding.
Speaker 13: Man, Yes, write your name so I know whose paper is he.
Speaker 6: I can count about five. Feel terrible about Get off my paper, turn it in. Stop looking at Eddie's. Stop looking at Eddi's.
Speaker 2: You're not passing paper, you idiot.
Speaker 6: WHOA yes, yes, he's looking at both of them.
Speaker 2: It's on the back. I can't see it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're up to no good, give her the paper.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: It over to Amy.
Speaker 2: I literally can't see it.
Speaker 6: Hig mine up and then Cheeter. What we'll do is we'll play a song and then we'll come back and we'll get grades from miss Kelly. She's like a few minutes to greade on. Okay, yeah, if so, what's that?
Speaker 11: What's that?
Speaker 20: A on this?
Speaker 11: Or twelfth grade? Or how the is it?
Speaker 6: Fifteen sixteen out twenty twenty out of twenty twenty out of two. Oh, nobody's gonna be a senior here about to go back?
Speaker 2: Twenty out of twenty is a senior?
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll come back in one second. We'll give miss Kelly a few minutes to grade. We are doing a dyslexia test. If you missed the first part of the test, including a very emotional moment from Amy vulnerable, very You can listen on the podcast.
Speaker 14: She's still not talking, she isn't.
Speaker 8: I just keep getting more and more nervous.
Speaker 9: Is that how you would do a test?
Speaker 6: Too?
Speaker 9: Nervous? On tests?
Speaker 6: Like when it was sat a c T. Would you get nervous going into it?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I hated them. Yeah, like I have a lump in my throat. It's fine.
Speaker 11: Miss Kelly is administering a dyslexia test to us.
Speaker 6: She got her doc Dread of Education at SMU and the first test we did was pronunciation of words. Some words we didn't even know what they meant. The second test was spelling, which I felt terrible about. How did you guys feel? Did you feel like that was harder or easier than the first test? A little easier, Eddie goes easier? Ay, Oh harder.
Speaker 10: I'm not good at spelling. I don't really spell things. I'm a reader though, and I don't understand.
Speaker 2: But whatever. I never claimed to be a speller either in school.
Speaker 6: None of us have really.
Speaker 2: I never made the spelling be whatever crap that was.
Speaker 9: You never made it. You didn't get to play the first round.
Speaker 2: No, they were like, oh, who wants to be in it? I don't want to be in that crap?
Speaker 20: Good is it?
Speaker 6: Because you weren't good? Because I would do that too, like who wants And I'll be like, no, I don't want to. But really I knew I just wasn't like gonna make it.
Speaker 2: I knew I'd have to study, not for you. Yeah, that's not my jam.
Speaker 6: We did our first test and Amy would late seventh grade. Lunchbox was early eighth grade. Eddie was ninth.
Speaker 11: Grade grade high school poser. Eddie Yes, was it's just me, dude.
Speaker 6: What do you mean poser?
Speaker 2: He doesn't read like that he was using.
Speaker 6: He was pronounced.
Speaker 14: I was trying to be clear with my words.
Speaker 6: I was twelfth grade, very happy about that.
Speaker 14: You're a senior, but.
Speaker 6: This is about to not go good for me. Here, okay, miss Kelly, we're coming back over to you. You've graded the.
Speaker 9: Spelling exams, and how do you want to give the results.
Speaker 13: Well, you did get the best score, okay at eleventh grade.
Speaker 6: Oh how many they get out of twenty?
Speaker 13: That you got sixteen out of twenty?
Speaker 9: I thought I missed four or five. Wow, in eleventh.
Speaker 2: Grade what was the easiest when he missed, you're still led?
Speaker 11: No lead led the way led.
Speaker 6: I was staking lead like anol.
Speaker 8: I know that one.
Speaker 6: I did l e A D two.
Speaker 2: Man, we're the same, We're like same.
Speaker 6: I'm an idiot. Okay, thank you, Okay, next up, we'll see it for the same. Hold on, all right, and I'm in eleventh grader. Here go ahead, Eddie.
Speaker 13: You're in eighth grade.
Speaker 11: Hey, oh, I went back down though I was a freshman ninth.
Speaker 6: And eighth year. This is hard.
Speaker 8: When he was senior, went to junior.
Speaker 13: Okay, Amy, ninth grade, I did get led, good for you? And lunch box ninth grade boom place.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I'm still average out everybody spells?
Speaker 9: Is he in last place on the spelling in this place game?
Speaker 2: Come on, he just said he got easier and he got he dropped, guys, let's make fun of him.
Speaker 14: Why make fun of me?
Speaker 12: Guys?
Speaker 14: Come on, make fun of my conditions.
Speaker 13: Okay, So Eddie, we don't make fun of dyslexia.
Speaker 9: Lunch, yes, lunch, but I'm not making fun of you.
Speaker 2: I'm making fun of him.
Speaker 6: So, Eddie, what were your two grades so far?
Speaker 14: Ninth grade and seventh grade.
Speaker 11: Okay, Lunchbox yours eighth and.
Speaker 8: Ninth, and Amy Boom seventh and ninth.
Speaker 9: Okay, cool, we got one more test to go.
Speaker 6: And by the way, I can tell how you all were in school, which is wild because your inner child is coming out where Lunchbox just won't shut up during a test and like needs the attention to divert from the fact that he's not getting his stuff done and doesn't even know it.
Speaker 9: No, but that's that's what you've been. No, you've been you've been doing.
Speaker 11: You're like, oh, joke, jokey.
Speaker 6: I hear you.
Speaker 2: I got the second place in the spelling me and I was diverting.
Speaker 6: I was still a second place still ninth grade. That's still solid, I hear you. But Amy, I can see her. She's just so nervous about it, all nervous about when she's taking it, before she takes it after it's over. And Eddie just like doesn't wanly been made fun of. He's just trying to quietly get through it and not be made fun of. And I would imagine this is how all of you guys were when your kids, pretty much, which is pretty crazy to see what were you doing just writing crap down.
Speaker 9: That was trying to get it over. No, wasn't going to disease that one. I was hating myself.
Speaker 14: I was like, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 6: Okay, we have one test left and we're gonna do it in just a second. What's our next test?
Speaker 14: Miss?
Speaker 13: This is your processing of letters? Okay, So it is going to be a bunch of letters. Some of them are backwards, thirty of them.
Speaker 9: Okay, we'll come back. We'll do our final test.
Speaker 2: Whoa, So we gotta go backwards when we see it, you.
Speaker 9: Jump forward or backward, you turn around.
Speaker 13: You're gonna circle the backwards letters. You have ninety seconds.
Speaker 6: Let's break. We'll come right back right last part of the test. So explain, miss Kelly. We're gonna look at these pages and some of the letters are forwards, summer backward.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is testing your auditory processing.
Speaker 6: We don't look at the page when you give it to us, right, Okay, thank you. Miked is administering how many letters are on this page? You're asking too many questions.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm just saying because if I have ninety seconds, I just want to know.
Speaker 13: There's thirty wrong.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna have ninety seconds, Ray, are you ready to strut?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't look and I didn't see anything.
Speaker 11: So are we gonna flip this paper around and know exactly what to do here?
Speaker 13: Or there is a grid with letters in it. You circle the ones that are backwards.
Speaker 6: Okay, we have ninety seconds. When she says start, we'll start.
Speaker 14: Okay, Okay, what are you doing wrong? Oh's all right?
Speaker 2: No, I did that a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm dying. Do I give it to you?
Speaker 16: Do I?
Speaker 14: Can?
Speaker 2: I keep going? Okay?
Speaker 14: See at thirty.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, damn are you crying again?
Speaker 8: No, I'm just snifting right.
Speaker 2: We don't know what I'm done.
Speaker 6: We care for you.
Speaker 2: I'll second done? Can I can? I?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: When I actually only circle to one? Do I say it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: I messed up?
Speaker 13: Put an x O.
Speaker 6: Time Ray? Now, time.
Speaker 16: Down?
Speaker 11: Everybody turn him in high name, don't Mike.
Speaker 6: Make sure that don't do letters. I'm not.
Speaker 8: I don't know why I was. In the beginning, I was looking for words, complete words that were.
Speaker 11: Puzzle I was.
Speaker 8: I was searching for words, and I was like, I don't see any words.
Speaker 6: You weren't. Is that like because you weren't listening.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not saying that a bad way like you weren't. You were so tight and nervous that maybe didn't even hear what she.
Speaker 8: Was Yeah, and then I went back and I read the instructions on the top.
Speaker 10: Did you do that sometimes in school where the teacher would explain it and then you'd start taking a test and realize you weren't doing the test, right?
Speaker 6: I do that? Yeah, that too, Okay, Right, we're gonna break. We'll come back get the final result of this and find out and then Eddie, I think she has one other test for you, Oh the number one.
Speaker 9: Possibly, Yeah, we'll.
Speaker 6: Come back next here we'll see who the most.
Speaker 11: Exlected is on the show.
Speaker 14: It's a weird one.
Speaker 6: Miss Kelly is here. She owns her own business. It's KC Tutoring. She started at seven years ago. She has a bachelor's and a doctorate of education from SMU. And we've been taking spelling reading in this one was dyslexia screening because some of the letters are reversed right, and so we've been doing all hour taking basically adyslexia test. Miss Kelly, I don't know what to do here because you have the pages. Do you want to give us any results here?
Speaker 13: So it's not really a pass or fail. It's a needs intervention or not or further test?
Speaker 6: Did anybody need intervention too? You get to chill You don't know that you gotta chill out on them.
Speaker 2: It's second, I know I nailed it, like I was done. Second you were done version. We were at the top of the class. These guys are like, hey, they need extra test time?
Speaker 11: Great, man, cool?
Speaker 6: Can we lunchbox?
Speaker 13: Did miss a few? But he did pass?
Speaker 6: What's his great?
Speaker 9: There's no great, there's no no intervention?
Speaker 6: Intervention? What'd I tell you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Did I forget to circle a couple or what?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I'm sor right? I was going with speed.
Speaker 13: Bobby's was perfect, no errors. That's so great? What's it like?
Speaker 8: Seriously?
Speaker 2: Hey, Bobby, who knew who the two that need intervention?
Speaker 14: Was?
Speaker 16: I right?
Speaker 13: You have to let them get what they need further test.
Speaker 6: They're not letting them be themselves and letting them be vulnerable here because yes, it's it's great to find out what it is that's the benefit, Like you now know, well, we're about to find out where that is funny to him, like he's always gonna make fun of it as No.
Speaker 10: Because you guys were making fun of me when I was only in eighth grade of the first test and guess what, Ednie, I just passed you.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, everybody, relaxs Okay, miss Kelly, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 13: So it does show that Amy has signs of dyslexia, and it's not that she is not super intelligent, and she is actually more intelligent than someone without dyslexia because they she has learned to compensate and do very well with having an actual deficit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially people over there that are laughing, we all look at And also it's like taking if you take your car and it's like something something is just wrong, and they go, no, there's nothing wrong with that. You're like, well, craft, that sucks. You kind of want to know what's wrong so that way, if it keeps acting up, you can fix it. So he congratulations, you have just lee you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I never really wanted to know, I guess I mean, do you know what I mean? No, I mean I want to know now.
Speaker 17: But I think there was always I think that's the emotion that came out early on was like there was always a fear there.
Speaker 13: And well there's things that I can give you, things that you can use that. Well, you will see a difference.
Speaker 9: Which is awesome.
Speaker 13: Okay, Eddie, he needs intervention or further testing, like.
Speaker 2: You miss a lot?
Speaker 8: So? Is min an intervention of further testing?
Speaker 13: Or is it like?
Speaker 8: Okay, so where the city?
Speaker 9: Yeah, here's a light intervention, Eddie has get the TV show out here.
Speaker 14: No, she didn't say that.
Speaker 2: She said he missed a lot though.
Speaker 6: Who missed the most?
Speaker 13: Ay? But I believe it was because she didn't understand these.
Speaker 9: Oh for sure, she was looking for words in it for a while.
Speaker 13: That's why I said you have to circle.
Speaker 6: She's finding words? He okay?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 6: And how severe? I don't even know how to ask the question in a proper way. How quickly do they need intervention? If they were a child, would you say you need to start right now?
Speaker 13: Yes? But the younger you start, the better. Public schools don't test until fourth grade. That's when I get a lot of my students, and by that time they're three and four years behind. I currently have several high schoolers that I'm literally teaching the different letters too.
Speaker 6: So here is the deal? Here, Eddie, you are an eighth grader that needs a intervention. Lunchbox, you're an eighth grader. You need an invention for something different for your heart. Amy, you're an eighth grader who needs intervention.
Speaker 11: Bones You've graduated, you're in college.
Speaker 9: I'm okay, I want to keep me out of this, but.
Speaker 11: I'd be farther along than Eddie because I obviously, well it's not a comparison, but I just did He just no, he's just telling us where we stand well as now.
Speaker 13: Actually, Eddie has learned to compensate on the same level even though he has dyslexia as Lunchbox, who does not right?
Speaker 6: Which?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 11: Which is Eddie?
Speaker 6: Like, there's really great people who've had dyslexia who've had to learn other skills like they they've had to develop personal skills, they've had to develop ways, and that is what allowed them to succeed was their hyper development of other things.
Speaker 11: So Eddie has an Amy both have a bit of that. And basically she's saying, like, if I didn't have legs and lunch Box did, we finished the race at the same time. That's awesome, finished last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're not comparing.
Speaker 8: But what.
Speaker 10: I like the way we try to sugarcoat it, be like, oh, but they've overcome, so.
Speaker 2: We try to make them feel better, and that's good. I like the way you guys do. That's a good way. That's a good fact.
Speaker 6: But if they have dyslexia and they're still the same as you, that is them overcoming a bit. You don't have dyslexia and you're the same as them.
Speaker 2: But I did better than them on two of the tests, so I'm better than them.
Speaker 6: I would.
Speaker 10: I did better than Amy on two of the three tes two and three tests. I did better than Eddie, so they really aren't on my level.
Speaker 6: I'm Eddie.
Speaker 8: It's fine lunch if you want to be.
Speaker 9: Eddie was ninth grade in the first one, you were eighth.
Speaker 10: So I second one, I was in ninth and he was in seventh, and I beat him. He needed an intervention.
Speaker 14: I didn't.
Speaker 2: So I beat him two out of three, so that.
Speaker 9: Means he wasn't a score test it say yes or no, right, but.
Speaker 2: Pass vail he passed.
Speaker 14: I thought I got all the last tests right. You did, yeah?
Speaker 9: I thought I circled count thirty They were thirty.
Speaker 8: Oh there was thirty.
Speaker 11: Oh, I didn't count thirty count. I just circled what I thought was right wrong.
Speaker 8: This is where they.
Speaker 14: Never heard that part, Miss Kelly.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Obviously we had to be vault So how do we chest further?
Speaker 11: It's too late though, right, miss Kelly, Like, we're I'm forty four years old.
Speaker 6: Is there things that they can do? Are they things?
Speaker 13: Had a twenty eight year old single mom come to me and she was on a kindergarten level and within six months we were on a third grade. So making progress?
Speaker 11: What can they do?
Speaker 8: They're like, I turned forty three next week or something.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, our time's coming, gone right?
Speaker 8: Or thirty four?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: Like on the math part, I have lots of tips.
Speaker 9: To give you, Eddie that I think I haven't even done that yet.
Speaker 14: Yeah, caculator, are we.
Speaker 8: Going to because it's going to be horrible.
Speaker 6: For who We should all do that.
Speaker 8: We can.
Speaker 9: We can do the math and we'll just put it on the podcast.
Speaker 14: But but please, Lunchbox can't make fun of me on the math one.
Speaker 11: Well, he can get into too.
Speaker 2: We mean, I can't make funny, make fun We're doing.
Speaker 6: Everybody and everything that's part of who he is though, Like the math and I'll do the thing. I'm like Lunchbox stop, and I'm secret laughing inside.
Speaker 8: You can't take it personally, Eddie, but the.
Speaker 11: Math one to me is like Amy, like I might cry on the math on even that's okay, we'll laugh, but I'll be like lunchbox stop being mean, But secretly inside I'll be like, that's funny because Eddie wanted this to happen.
Speaker 6: But we all love each other.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Like my kids asking me for help with their math homorgan I'm like, I don't know, Like I'm googling, Like I'm like Chad GPT.
Speaker 11: I have my kids one time with their homework and they gunth one time with their math.
Speaker 13: Well it was probably process non answ.
Speaker 14: Yeah, okay, I'm proud of you guys.
Speaker 20: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Good job.
Speaker 11: Thanks man. Yes, lunchbox a good job.
Speaker 2: I had no problem I see in high school. Well right now, these guys.
Speaker 6: Miss Kelly, thank you very much. You guys go to knowledge charged dot com. Thank you with Kelly.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: You know, it's super wild.
Speaker 3: I joined the show and I was twenty three, and over the past seven years I have shared the ebbs and flows of dating and all the ups and downs and relationships I've had in breakups, and it's always weird when I kind of reflect on all of that. But these past six months have kind of also been a wild whirlwind. In January, I shared dating in December, which was highly received across the board because I did it in a presentation format and there was analytics and funny stats, and it was all meant to being good.
Speaker 4: Fun, but you know, some people to get a little seriously.
Speaker 3: Overall well received, and then in May, a couple months later, I shared some big breaking news about my relationship status. So we are back on the ebbs and flows of my relationship here on the best bits, and we're going on it together.
Speaker 6: Number five or get have been single for how long?
Speaker 4: About a year?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm thirty, just turn thirty.
Speaker 6: Never been married, never been married? You're not You're you're out on the prowl.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like you're the aggressor at times?
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I have to be, because guys just don't do it anymore, Like they don't want to go up to women anymore.
Speaker 6: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 3: I think it's partially that they're worried is coming off as creepy, and partially that they're just done doing it, like they're tired of yeah, tired of going up to women, tired of being rejected, which I get it, Like I feel that I'm tired of dating.
Speaker 14: We're done as humans then, I know.
Speaker 6: Last I also think guys too. You know you're not taught to have to be as alpha and macho as generation. Yeah, yeah, that's just slowly not been the thing as much forever. It's not anything we've done or but think about the fifties, a baby get in the car. Now sixties, you know, you can just walk walk in in every generation it's a little less alpha, little les macho. But when I say that, I don't mean that as positive words because I think women have also become more alpha, and I think guys sometimes get intimidated by that.
Speaker 11: So but Morgan's been and I wanted to do this.
Speaker 6: Hit me with that musically, this is business music what I like about Morgan, and she's taking this thing clinical. So Morgan, how many days did you go on in December?
Speaker 8: I went on ten first dates ten.
Speaker 6: She has a whole spreadsheet of every single thing happening she's done the data here. Okay, so what are you gonna talk to us about?
Speaker 4: Well, do you want to see my presentation? Because I did. I put it together.
Speaker 6: It's a freaking power point.
Speaker 14: Wow, this is a business meeting.
Speaker 6: This is how you do it. If it's not working one way, switch it up and doing another.
Speaker 8: Okay, it allows me to see it in numbers in December.
Speaker 6: Dating in December is what it says. Okay, Okay, I like it all right.
Speaker 3: So ready, Three out of ten dates just wanted to party the whole time.
Speaker 6: Thirty percent of dudes only want to go and get drunk.
Speaker 4: Yes, they were just there to have a good time.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's a party rock slide.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have have funny titles on all of ose.
Speaker 11: I let you read the titles, Bobby, the title here smooth Talkers.
Speaker 3: Five out of ten dates actually had great conversation to bring to the table.
Speaker 9: Were there anything were on the border and You're like, I don't know if I should do that.
Speaker 6: They were good or not?
Speaker 3: And you were like, there's probably one that was on the border. There was four that were really solid, but one I was like, okay, he can lean into it.
Speaker 6: Is it that there's smooth talkers, because smooth to me feels like somebody who's trying extra hard to do extra much or did you just hit it off with them more.
Speaker 3: It's hard to tell because I'm a really good talker, So I'm not sure if I'm just really good at talking to a brick wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like I can bring a lot out of somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm really good at interviewing and finding information out about people.
Speaker 4: So it's hard for me to tell.
Speaker 5: These were the ones I could tell they were also good at it.
Speaker 11: Were any of them just real bad and you know immediately it's not going to work?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: There was one.
Speaker 6: How did that go?
Speaker 4: I just kind of went through the motions and I kind of treated it.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, this is just me hanging out with a friend and we're getting lunch that I'll never see again.
Speaker 6: And then do you try to eat fast a little bit?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You try to move along.
Speaker 6: Next slide Crying through awkwardness.
Speaker 3: What one out of ten dates was awkward that I nearly cried in the bathroom?
Speaker 6: Which is that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Why would that make you emotional?
Speaker 4: More like cry out of like cringing? More like, Okay, I got to get out of this. I don't know how to get out of it.
Speaker 3: I'm really bad at rejecting things, so I'll just kind of sit there and deal with it. Versus I know a lot of people who can just like be like, Okay, I'm done, I'm leaving, whereas I just went through the whole thing the motion, like I finished the date.
Speaker 8: Wait, people don't they They just in the middle. They just are like, Okay, this isn't working. Some mody as well, save each other's time.
Speaker 3: In a yew And this guy was very adamant about us going out to eat on the first date, where I really like to go for coffee or a drink or make it pretty of a chill first date. And he was really adamant about eating on the first sight.
Speaker 4: And it was very awkward. It was just awkward from start to finish.
Speaker 6: Because he loved food or is it because he just felt like that was his environment to shine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe he knows he needs more time to hunt, or.
Speaker 6: Maybe he'd like if it's really good food, yeah, like like you can't leave.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, gosh, so he little awkwardness.
Speaker 9: Okay, next up, this one's just title cringe.
Speaker 3: Okay, one out of ten dates. There was a near miss of my world's colliding exes. No, so I went on two dates, one on a Friday night, one on a Saturday, and they both chose the same restaurant, so I had the same server.
Speaker 6: That's awesome. Now was the server a plus? Yes?
Speaker 3: He didn't say anything, and he just treated it like he never saw me before?
Speaker 6: Did he? Do you think he remembered you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he totally did, because when he came to the table, his eyes kind of got really big, and then he just went back and was like, how are you guys?
Speaker 4: Have you been here before?
Speaker 11: And I was like a plus.
Speaker 6: Good job, man, a man? So you know what to be rewarded somehow someway, not financially by Morgan or anything, but like in life, I hope something good befalls you.
Speaker 11: Maybe he's the dude after all?
Speaker 6: This was he cute.
Speaker 4: He was cute, but not somebody i'd pursue.
Speaker 6: Okay, got it?
Speaker 14: Maybe not all right?
Speaker 6: Next up, Hometown Hero.
Speaker 3: One out of ten dates happened in my hometown of Wichita, Kansas.
Speaker 4: You did a date home, Yeah, you know, trying some different things.
Speaker 20: I like that.
Speaker 8: So was it a setup or an app?
Speaker 4: It was an app okay, and.
Speaker 11: How did that go?
Speaker 13: It was good.
Speaker 3: He was a good match, and I mean I was pleasantly surprised. But I did have to go through a lot of people on the dating apps in.
Speaker 4: Which daw that I was not going to go on a date with.
Speaker 6: I'd be so annoyed if I was that dude, because it's like, you're this dude in Wichita, You're probably has a good career, good life.
Speaker 11: You meet a great girl and she doesn't even live in the same.
Speaker 6: Town, right.
Speaker 4: I did put that I lived in Nashville.
Speaker 6: No, I know, but I'm saying, you're like, you're like, wow, she's really cool. Oh man, she lies like eight hours away.
Speaker 8: That's all I hear right now is.
Speaker 6: What happened with that dude? You get talk to him at all.
Speaker 3: So he's actually a big traveler, and so he'll be coming through Nashville and I think we may go on another date.
Speaker 6: Then good for you?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 8: That's cool?
Speaker 9: City of Dreamers.
Speaker 4: Nine out of the ten dates we're in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 14: Got it?
Speaker 6: So how many more are these?
Speaker 13: I like it?
Speaker 11: I make sure I know.
Speaker 4: I think that's four more.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, I do twenty more. I just don't know when it ends.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 6: Okay, this one says, so I can kiss you anytime I want.
Speaker 3: Reference to my favorite movie Sweet Home Alabama. Three out of the ten dates went in for the first kiss on the first day.
Speaker 8: Wow, this is like where the thirty Well, y'all, where else did you get on the hand?
Speaker 17: Okay, guys, this is not what I meant, Like, I'm pretty sure Morgan meets them, Like, they don't pick her up at her house for first dates, so I'm curious where they kiss, Like on the sidewalk outside the rest up at the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Two of them were when they walked me to my car at the end of the date, and one was at the bar.
Speaker 6: What's the typical move now, the guy walking you to the car? Do you know what's coming?
Speaker 11: Is it slow?
Speaker 6: I was like, well, this was a lot of fun, Like is it how does it happen? Now?
Speaker 4: It's very awkward.
Speaker 3: I have like I've noticed that it's just gotten more increasingly awkward.
Speaker 8: They aren't very smooth with it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a very awkward they're going for the hug and then it somehow kind of happens.
Speaker 6: They like slight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not very smooth.
Speaker 9: What about the bar was just drunk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think we both had like two drinks and it was just we're having fun and it felt right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good. That's that One's that one. That one's better.
Speaker 4: That one was smooth.
Speaker 13: The car ones are the ones that are awkward, like you gotta.
Speaker 9: I know, my wife crushes me about the first time I kissed her.
Speaker 6: I don't even know how was that.
Speaker 9: I don't think it was as bad as she says she was just I don't know.
Speaker 6: Have you asked her? Because she makes me feel seem like an awkward person because you're not that Okay, go ahead, next one, same day, Sally.
Speaker 4: Zero out of ten of the dates did I go on the same day, So I improved.
Speaker 13: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Oh you mean you didn't do to one day? You got it?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 9: Good like I did the month before, missed opportunity.
Speaker 4: Only two of the ten dates earned themselves a second date.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 6: Her burn ratios, which tall one of the two yes and only one of the other nine in town are Nashville does just losers because it's like the industry and they feel like they have to be cool, because the industry is kind of cool a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's why I call it the City of Dreamers.
Speaker 3: I feel like people come here chasing a dream and they're not really here to find a family or settle down.
Speaker 4: They're very focused on living a dream.
Speaker 6: You know. That's interesting And that wasn't what I was meaning, but that's interesting too, Like their focus is on their dream this and like, you know, have a little fun. But if you come and let's say, you're kind of overwhelmed or it's a lot Nashville's cool.
Speaker 9: Everybody's got a good singer, tattoos.
Speaker 6: Are You're like, well, I got to be cooler than I really am, and so you put up this I'm cooler image, or you get tached and all of a.
Speaker 9: Sudden you're kind of a douche.
Speaker 6: And so a lot of dudes are douches, not because they're actually douchy people, because they feel like they have to have that.
Speaker 14: Image just trying to keep up.
Speaker 4: I do think there's some of that for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I think this is my last one, check please okay. Ten out of ten dates paid for the first date nice. Ten out of ten dates I.
Speaker 4: Fake reached for my wallet.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 6: Both great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they said you so you do the fake reach and they're like, no, no, no, no, I got.
Speaker 6: Always fake reach.
Speaker 2: I got a question, what if one of them would have said, yeah, let's split.
Speaker 11: It, then she splits it, I would have done it reach it.
Speaker 10: Okay, No, no, no, I'm talking about if they were one of the two guys that earned a second date, would they still have earned a second date?
Speaker 4: Probably not, just because I I.
Speaker 6: Opinion.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and we always say, oh god, did not debate for the first day, and she gets and how she dates and who she dates.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, the two I feel the exact same way Morgan.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm like the first date. Yes, I'm also not expecting a fancy.
Speaker 6: I got two women here that make really great living. I really great, probably more than any dude. They're going to date both of them.
Speaker 17: Okay, it's gonna be problematic, probably because our generation can't.
Speaker 6: That's Morgan, that's.
Speaker 4: Awesome, that's my dating.
Speaker 6: And December, did you get all this on video?
Speaker 14: Eddy?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I have it again.
Speaker 9: Just put this all off as a power point.
Speaker 14: I'd like to get those slides from you, please. I got you.
Speaker 6: So maybe in the spring you know, if you're still single, give us like a you know, January through March PowerPoint. I hope it ends with and here he is, yes, the final slide.
Speaker 11: No more meetings.
Speaker 4: I did eat the grapes under the table.
Speaker 14: I saw that and that what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know, ye Spanish Mexican.
Speaker 14: I never heard of it.
Speaker 6: And then she had Eddie on the shoulder like, you should know that you're Spanish Mexican.
Speaker 17: Thing.
Speaker 6: Don't know Spanish Mexican.
Speaker 11: Do know your own culture?
Speaker 6: Huh, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to bringing you good luck and prosperity and love.
Speaker 6: Well, Morgan, good luck, thank you and prosperity and love.
Speaker 8: Did the winch tal guy listen to the show? No, that's that's good. That's wow. I mean not that it's bad if they do, but which like which.
Speaker 6: What's bad as if they do and they lie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said he listens everybody in which.
Speaker 6: Someone what's bad? Hold on? Hold on because you can't punish people for liking the show. What you can punish them for lying they don't listen. There's a big difference. So oh, this brings up QUI because I would do that with.
Speaker 9: Friends A lot of people I would meet. I was like, can't I can't be their friend.
Speaker 6: They're like, and you know, they'd be in the music industry, right, and she would go, wait, wait, wait, you can't punish them because of this. Now if they're acting this way because they're in the music industry and you're so you need to stop doing so. Similarly, I've had to kind of adapt that adopt that adapt to that.
Speaker 8: Okay question.
Speaker 17: My friend met a guy that has a very popular podcast, and he approached her and was like, hey, you know, have we met? You know, just they're at the same place and they may often Yeah, she listens to it, but she didn't.
Speaker 16: Oh.
Speaker 8: She just was like, oh no, we haven't met. And then they met.
Speaker 17: She's jumping Okay, well what I like, I text him right now and be like he didn't get her number yet.
Speaker 6: Next time she's been like, oh my god, whatever, She's like, I don't want to say it, but I like your podcast.
Speaker 14: I let's do it.
Speaker 6: Okay, because once he finds out, he'll think it's a super fan stalker killer, or he doesn't care.
Speaker 9: He's gonna sec move on anyway.
Speaker 13: Oh well, okay, okay, Really that's.
Speaker 11: The two things.
Speaker 9: But there's gonna be no, no, he's not gonna trust to have a relationship with her.
Speaker 17: Okay, Okay, thank you for saying that, because I was gonna like, shoot, I'll have to ask, well, because I don't know what what would Joe do? She didn't say it right away, but you know him, all right, I got.
Speaker 11: I don't have no Morgan.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Greggie news. Freggie knows to go around the room and everybody's gonna share. Except I'm just kidding. The only one breaking news is Morgan. Morgan breaking news.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go ahead, are you ready?
Speaker 6: We're ready.
Speaker 4: I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 8: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: For those that are new, Oh, the trials and tribulations of Morgan, Yeah, having a boyfriend and not, then having a boyfriend and not, and then looking not and then she yeah, and then she meets this guy and man in uniform and he disappears and comes back, and Amy's like he's living a double life, and we're.
Speaker 13: Like, right, that was a theory.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, you were very strong.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you're strong now that they're officially together. All back off. I will until he proves he's innocent.
Speaker 6: Now, okay, he was a little guilty of he was guilty.
Speaker 2: But so Morgan, why, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know what to ask because I don't know much about it. So you kept a secret.
Speaker 6: Good job. What's up?
Speaker 4: Well, we've been dating.
Speaker 5: I mean we've been We started like we met each other beginning of March, so.
Speaker 4: That's kind of the timeline.
Speaker 5: And he's just a lovely, incredible human.
Speaker 4: You met him where we met on him?
Speaker 6: And did you have a bunch of little fires going at the time or was one of your times when you quit for a long time and went back.
Speaker 4: No, but I had just changed my dating profile.
Speaker 3: I had been more intentional about what I was putting on my dating profile, so went from like fun and flirty to like a little flirty but mostly serious.
Speaker 9: So what about him on the app stood out to you?
Speaker 3: He just seemed like, I don't know, like something about just the way he presented himself, like in his pictures.
Speaker 5: He just seemed like very cool, calm, collected and like nice.
Speaker 9: So how did you guys define the relationship?
Speaker 4: It happened after he had got back and was just like it was it gone again?
Speaker 3: No, this was the time, like after he got back, and I've just been kind of sitting on it and enjoying it.
Speaker 4: He was just like I like, I'm so happy you're still around because doing what he does, he's used to people not being able to deal with the fact.
Speaker 13: That he's gone for work.
Speaker 11: By the way, I think I'm the only one that really knows what he does.
Speaker 6: You are because I think she told me I had to write it down so I could protect it, so because I know I can protect it a bit.
Speaker 3: But okay, yeah, so he came back, He's like, dang, Like, I'm surprised.
Speaker 14: We went on.
Speaker 3: We had like a whole weekend together, like just going on dates and hanging out, and then at the end of the weekend that conversation happened.
Speaker 9: Who brings it up?
Speaker 4: You were him, well, I've kind of made a joke.
Speaker 6: And was like, not really joke, joke. I got you.
Speaker 4: Well, I was like, this feels like.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend duties, and he was like, well, yeah you are, and I was like, wait, what d And then the conversation happened.
Speaker 14: Okay, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 8: It was the girlfriend duty.
Speaker 11: I don't know, I want to ask.
Speaker 4: I was meeting a lot of his friends, a lot of his people that were close to.
Speaker 3: Him, and I was like, these are girlfriend responsibilities.
Speaker 6: And there was a reason I didn't follow up that.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody can ask a question.
Speaker 6: I'll allow it question, but yes or no or super specific because you know some people are going to go way specific and you don't want to. I don't know where you want to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 8: Well she can choose to say, Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Amy, what is your question?
Speaker 11: I'll go first?
Speaker 6: How tall is he?
Speaker 4: I think he's like five eight five nine Morgan's five.
Speaker 9: Foot though, that's true.
Speaker 6: You are we little?
Speaker 4: Everybody everybody's taller than me, that's true.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, you know I thought it'd be taller.
Speaker 14: Interesting, I didn't think he'd be taller.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's a short king.
Speaker 14: Maybe gets another question?
Speaker 6: Oh, I asked that one's yeah, I guess you have one.
Speaker 17: In addition to that was a good one though, Well how much are y'all hanging out now that it's changed, like as y'all's hanging out, is it more or less?
Speaker 8: Are you still like living your lives individually?
Speaker 4: Still living our lives individually?
Speaker 5: And we still hang out a lot?
Speaker 13: We're both going back to the double.
Speaker 6: She's like, okay, so does he ever call you a different name?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, you Amy's like, is he married?
Speaker 6: Does he have a tan on his finger? Okay? So still both very independent, both very independent.
Speaker 3: We're both traveling a lot right now, but lots of facetimes, lots of hanging out in person.
Speaker 4: It's a good mix of both right now.
Speaker 10: Lunchbox, a lot of FaceTime. Yeah, like he's gone again face time.
Speaker 4: He has to travel. Oh my gosh, So I can't be what I'm gonna be mad at something?
Speaker 13: For traveling for work?
Speaker 4: How you get one question? He just asked it?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 10: You answered it was a statement. Mine was a statement. Okay, how many weeks out of the weeks you've known him? Has he been gone out of town?
Speaker 6: So you've known him for March? Mar so for March, for April? Uh, basically two May. So you're looking at roughly ten weeks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like four and a half.
Speaker 8: What about.
Speaker 5: But it's coming up where he's not going to have to travel?
Speaker 9: Why do you keepay fifty fty life time he gets here under?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Life?
Speaker 6: Okay, Eddie, go ahead.
Speaker 14: How different is this guy from any of your other boyfriends?
Speaker 6: Question?
Speaker 11: Because she's really picked some losers.
Speaker 4: Okay, no offense to me either.
Speaker 6: I think you'd call them losers though, to to be fair.
Speaker 4: Very different.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's just everything about him is different than what I would normally date.
Speaker 5: We're our personalities are pretty different.
Speaker 13: He's much more cool.
Speaker 3: Like I said cool, he's very cool, com collect a very patient, very like, great listener, and very secure in himself.
Speaker 14: Is he jacked or is that two questions?
Speaker 6: That's two?
Speaker 9: I hold out until next round.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, I hold it.
Speaker 6: I feel like he's going. I don't even know what he looks like, but I feel like he's not a guy that wears a lot of hair product and chains.
Speaker 4: He doesn't does.
Speaker 6: That's kind of like Morgan's old type. Yeah, hair product and chains. This guy though, I feel like that's not him and I don't even know, but I'm happy for you, thank you.
Speaker 8: Has he done any more of those like I don't.
Speaker 11: Even know where you're going with stalker things? No, like he is he?
Speaker 17: No, I didn't say that, like when he got her, he's like, they're not elaborating, that's what it's called.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he loved bombs anymore.
Speaker 4: He's not love bombing.
Speaker 6: He just loving like, but he's done very.
Speaker 8: Sweet gestures yet, But what's one of me. We haven't shared with this yet.
Speaker 14: What was that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: Interesting?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure out what to share.
Speaker 11: Hold, hold it, We'll come back.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is already a lot. This is already a lot.
Speaker 14: It's really cool, though, it's really cool.
Speaker 6: I wanted to be a happy we are we are.
Speaker 8: Stop putting me in that category. I feel like things I say are not necessarily.
Speaker 9: Under like under us went fifty to fifty life like.
Speaker 16: So that's good.
Speaker 6: They have their fitt No, that's not what you meant. Congratulations, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two just recently. This is coming in super high on the list because it was a big moment. Eddie got hair, well, he got a hair system, but it looks like hair and if you don't know.
Speaker 4: Him, you would have never known. And it was a big deal because.
Speaker 3: He was going to get a transplant. Then he decided not to and then a lady came in and gave him his whole hair system and it was a huge change for Eddie and he's still trying to decide how he feels about it. But nonetheless, it was a huge, huge segment because Eddie went from not having a whole lot of hair on his head to having a whole bunch of hair on his head.
Speaker 6: Number four in studio right now, Julie Taylor, owner of Jbanks Salon and Nashville hair Replacement. Am I saying that?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: Okay, So Julie, we're here because Eddie is.
Speaker 8: I'm here to make Eddie look ten years younger.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Can we do fifteen?
Speaker 8: I could do fifteen? Is that what you typically see with it's a hair amazing and the confidence that they shine through after they get hair, they feel like themselves again.
Speaker 6: I have so many questions, and so let's roll through some questions because what's going to happen is we're gonna let Eddie and Julie go off, and she's gonna because I don't let's talk about the but Eddie's gonna have a new head of hair today.
Speaker 14: It is amazing.
Speaker 6: So what is the process? You'll leave this room with Eddie and what do you do?
Speaker 8: It's a pretty simple process. I mean, it's non surgical hair replacements.
Speaker 9: Is that his hair you're gonna put on his head?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Like now, but you guys, it will look natural when I get it on you.
Speaker 14: Okay, so you will. That won't be my hairstyle.
Speaker 8: No, that's not going to be your hairstyle. I mean, unless you want.
Speaker 6: That's pretty cool, shaggy dog.
Speaker 8: So you're gonna cut it. I'm gonna cut the heck out of it. Okay, it will look like a natural. It's gonna look like his hair will not know.
Speaker 6: So what do you do? So you will say, walk out with Eddie. When you guys do your thing. You he takes his hat off, do you like shave part of his head?
Speaker 8: I am going to shave you a grandpa haircut today, so.
Speaker 9: He looked like doctor Phil and the top of his head.
Speaker 8: He will for a minute.
Speaker 11: And how long will this thing stay on his head before like it starts.
Speaker 8: To like fall monthly maintenance. Once a month you come to the salon, I take it off.
Speaker 9: So your haircut it is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that's that's all it takes to wear a system.
Speaker 14: So once that thing is on my head, that's that's my wig.
Speaker 8: It's yours.
Speaker 6: Do you call it feels like it's wig insulting?
Speaker 8: Yea wig and two pay are insulting. I hear you're calling it a system. The technology in this it's a it's a modern men's hair system.
Speaker 11: I'm not worried though if I do a little dive off the diving board that's going to fall.
Speaker 14: Off at the pool.
Speaker 8: It will never fly off like you see in the movie.
Speaker 11: Yet. Ever, I'm so excited about this, and I do drive a jeep and I love the hair in my wind idea, like I've been dreaming about that.
Speaker 8: Oh, my clients live their best life with the wind in their hair. Yes, wouldn't you say, my clients?
Speaker 17: Do you have to book them like with a buffer in between or do they mind if clients see clients you know, because I feel like, oh, they might not want.
Speaker 6: To That's a good point, Like they don't want to run into somebody else who's giving it.
Speaker 8: You have a thirty minute buffer, So we don't have that yet, we do have private rooms. I would say fifty percent of the clients that wear these, they they want to flaw on it. They don't care that people know that they're wearing it.
Speaker 11: Like yeah, what my boob joby okay?
Speaker 6: Right right?
Speaker 8: You know other clients that the high profiles, I can do them, you know, on a day off. For certain hours of the salon are closed and stuff.
Speaker 6: Like that, how long have you been doing this version of your work?
Speaker 8: This version about five years?
Speaker 14: And what's the.
Speaker 6: Difference, because again, we've we've only seen movies where the people's like fall off, where you're like, they're like pointing and they have no idea.
Speaker 11: But this is so far past that, right, so far past it.
Speaker 8: There's so many tape and glue options. We're going to go in and go with the basic option for you, Eddie, just with with glue and like I said, you won't even feel it.
Speaker 13: You're going to be surprised.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we're going to keep her on here for a secondhere with Julie Taylor. She is the owner of jay Bank Salon and Nashville Hair Replacement. Are you Are you trying to cut hair as well?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do it all really but mainly this is all I do.
Speaker 6: But did you learn to cut hair though? Before you did?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you were a hair to Sylas.
Speaker 11: That's cool.
Speaker 6: So we're also going to link her and we're gonna put her in the podcast show notes, so you can find that the Instagram and stuff. But the website is Nashville hair Replacement dot com. Do you have clients all over the country because our show is all over the country. So Nashville Hair Replacement dot Com. What do we call it, Julie, because we don't say to Pey.
Speaker 13: What do we say modern men's hair system?
Speaker 9: But if we're saying Eddie's about to get new hair, what's going to be on his head?
Speaker 8: A hair system?
Speaker 14: Okay, my system?
Speaker 6: Man to save it alone, Julie's hair and Eddi's gonna have new hair with a new hair system in the next hour. So we'll do we'll do the reveal on the air. And Eddie, what are your thoughts You're about to get a new hair system?
Speaker 14: I have questions?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 14: Is that real hair?
Speaker 8: It's human hair?
Speaker 2: My gosh, what do we get the hair?
Speaker 8: I have a US manufacturer that does this, and distributor and stuff. I keep most of the hair systems in stock at the salon.
Speaker 11: One on Earth. I'm wearing somebody else's But it's not somebody who died and like gave you their hair, maybe like an organ.
Speaker 6: It's like somebody who just donated.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 2: Like so when I donated my hair, I could have been a them on someone else.
Speaker 6: You could, but they said your hair was too gross. They used it for the oil spill, pick up the oil it was needed. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And can people donate their hair to you or they have to go.
Speaker 9: Through a process, through a whole process, dude, you can be one of something.
Speaker 14: Else's that's crazy, that's crazy to think about it. It's real though, No, I know, I know, it's it's okay.
Speaker 11: So the styles can I put like gel in it, a little bit of a palmade, but.
Speaker 8: They style really easily. They've got just enough texture in them. The haircut is going to just style itself. So you know, my goal is you just run your hands through your hair and that's it.
Speaker 6: Let's just say it's a really windy day, exceptionally wendy anything when we flies off.
Speaker 8: No, it's not going to fly off. Had people tested, I've had people surf in it and you're all kinds of crazy roller coasters and stuff, and it has not been Wow. Okay, okay, you're good.
Speaker 9: Out of your thoughts, your emotions.
Speaker 11: Right now, I'm super excited, Like the fact that I'm going to have hair in the next.
Speaker 14: Few minutes is amazing.
Speaker 13: Good hair.
Speaker 11: Hair.
Speaker 6: Will you sure your head because we're gonna have to see it before now the pictures seen it?
Speaker 9: How so what do you think about that head?
Speaker 11: I mean, that's the top.
Speaker 8: He's the perfect candidate. Wow, going to have a good hairline?
Speaker 6: Is he so good looking?
Speaker 8: Two hours?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Dang, Eddy, do you have a haircut in mind? Because you've been dreaming about this years just so much?
Speaker 11: Like, I mean, I've always liked the high and tipe, but I don't know if that's still in.
Speaker 14: That's still in the high and tight.
Speaker 6: Dude, I'd have a little I have like some extra it's mine's not long, but there's a little like fluffy, you know.
Speaker 11: Like So once I decide the style, though, can I choose a different one? Like if I go a little long at the beginning, can I come in and be like, I need to cut this off all away?
Speaker 8: But you can't go with the opposite right because it doesn't grow?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so that's why she goes a little shaggier.
Speaker 14: What about BedHead? Am I gonna have bed head in.
Speaker 6: Congratulations?
Speaker 20: Wow?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've never had bed head? Like what in a long time?
Speaker 6: Are you nervous about shaving your head?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 11: Because once if I don't like it, I'll just shave my whole head again. You know true exactly, I'll just start from zero.
Speaker 6: Yep, you'll but you'll like it.
Speaker 14: But you think I'm going to love it?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 6: Okay, is there a way because we'll check in, we're going to send you guys off to do your work. But is there a way that he can't see what's happening until the very end?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's not a mirror in your office.
Speaker 11: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 6: You know we want to reveal to you to also be That's like when someone puts on those colorblinde glasses and they start crying.
Speaker 11: Because I'm like, oh see color.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, But you can't go to the You can't go to the hair salon and not look in the mirror.
Speaker 16: You can.
Speaker 17: They turn you around, like I got my hair chopped off recently and I didn't see a thing until she was done styling in.
Speaker 8: It was so fun when she spun me around, like it's fun, Eddie.
Speaker 2: OK So do you think we know a lot of people with these on and we just don't know it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right now I got extra vulme while I went look guy, Yeah.
Speaker 16: That would be.
Speaker 8: Have you ever had to sign like an NDA? No, not yet, but they just trust you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Okay, you know what, I didn't tell my wife I'm doing this today, but she doesn't know at all. I mean, she knows that I'm I was thinking about doing it, she doesn't know it's today.
Speaker 9: They don't say aything about it. Go home, so she notices.
Speaker 14: Yeah, no one's gonna notice.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're gonna let's let you guys go do your work. But okay, Julie Taylor is here, which, by the way, you guys go to Nashville hair Replacement dot Com. She has clients all over the country. You know, do you travel like? Do you do?
Speaker 8: I travel some?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Man, Okay, let's see how it goes.
Speaker 6: All right, Julie, Eddie, Julie do it. You guys go do your thing. When Eddie comes back, he'll be a new man.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Hey, watch the confidence.
Speaker 8: Level fifteen years younger.
Speaker 6: I might be. I'm gonna be honest, I could. A dude has never really turned me on, but I'm worried. I'm worried that you walk in and I'm turned on by it. But you know what, It's a risk I'm willing to take. All right, Eddie and Julie are hopping out checking back with Eddie right now he is back in my office. He has no mirror.
Speaker 9: He is getting and what do you call it?
Speaker 8: A hair system?
Speaker 9: A hair system put on?
Speaker 6: Eddie has been bald and he's worn a hat for years and years, and he didn't want to have surgery, even though we offered him up.
Speaker 8: Oka, I really treaty like hair transplant.
Speaker 9: I have a great option with a wonderful doctor. So I said, what about one of these?
Speaker 6: We called it a whi toupe. That's not what it's called. It's a system, we're told. And so Julie Taylor's back with Eddie. It's it's gonna take about it an hour or so. Eddie, what's happened so far?
Speaker 11: Oh dude, I don't know. Like I've had I can't see anything. So I've heard a razor go on the top of my head.
Speaker 6: Oh she razor? Wow, you got the doctor phil treatment straight.
Speaker 11: Up, bold dude, so much that it's like she was a rubbing her hands on there, like putting glue up there, and it sounded like sandpaper and like, oh.
Speaker 6: My goodness, do you have hair on your head as of right now?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I think I can't again. So for the last like five minutes. I've had my eyes closed because there's a mirror that she's holding and I don't want to see it.
Speaker 14: So I don't really know other than I did get my system put on. There's it's glued on right now.
Speaker 6: And it's human hair, right, it's human hair that's been donated, and so it's a whole head of hair. Is she like cutting around your already hair on your head now?
Speaker 11: It's almost like, come, just getting a haircut. Bones, Like I am just at the salon right now getting my haircut. I hear Sprain a little scissoring there and then putting some product in there.
Speaker 14: Like it's just like I'm getting my haircut.
Speaker 20: How does that feel?
Speaker 11: I mean, do it? It feels awesome? Like it does feel though that I have something on my head, like like a bean bag maybe or that.
Speaker 6: So we feel every day of our lives. Welcome to the party, man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Oh that's what it is. It's called hair.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Eddie is getting his hair system put on right now. Which, by the way, social media influencers made Julie Taylor like a big deal because people were getting it done and then posting it and she blew up nationally oh wow. Okay, and her website is Nashville Hair Replacement dot Com. In mere minutes, what's up, Eddie?
Speaker 14: This is amazing, dude.
Speaker 6: In mere minutes, Eddie's gonna walk in and he hasn't even seen it yet.
Speaker 8: This is like that TV show, remember, I mean it was well, yeah that or what?
Speaker 13: This was awful.
Speaker 17: I didn't like the show, but yeah, they were like they called him like the little duckling and then they emerged and they were a swan in front of the mirror.
Speaker 14: And it's not nice.
Speaker 6: Well that too, they did like teeth and plastic serg.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I mean it was extreme.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be our swan, Eddie. You're about to be antle swan.
Speaker 9: You haven't told your wife?
Speaker 14: No, I didn't tell her that I was doing this today.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll check back with Eddie. Eddie able to do tell me something good from back there? Yeah, dude, okay, of course, we'll check with Eddie. In just a few minutes. It's that time. Eddi's about to walk in. He has not seen his hair yet. The thing is, Lunchbox is gonna laugh regardless of.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be incredible, just because I'm used a bald duode.
Speaker 6: So Eddie has a new hair system, right, Julie said that. Julie Taylor's been here for over an hour working with Eddie. You shaved his head completely bald with a razor or clippers.
Speaker 8: With clippers, just the grandpa haircut right in the middle.
Speaker 6: That's you know, I guess that's a grand point. I think it was like a bowl, the bowl on his head like the ring. So Eddie's gonna come in. He has not seen his hair. How do you feel about Eddie's work? Do you feel like it looks good?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: Does he look does he look natural in it?
Speaker 8: He looks fifteen years younger.
Speaker 9: Does he think he's going to look good?
Speaker 8: I think so. He's just, you know, it's funny because he hasn't seen it yet, so he doesn't really know how it's supposed to feel.
Speaker 6: Was he awkward in there, like didn't know what to say?
Speaker 8: He's not awkward. He was very calm and kept his eyes closed and yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, well did you laugh at all?
Speaker 13: There was no laughing.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's just our friend, Yeah it is, and it is.
Speaker 11: However, it's I get it, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 17: You've got to roast him a little bit, but you feel like this is one of your most like successful cases.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a model after this, he really was the perfect candidate for transformation.
Speaker 6: Okay, billboards, So at Nashville Hair Replacement dot Com, this is Julie Taylor and Eddie has not seen his own hair, nor is he going to see it when he walks in. So he's going to sit with us first. We're going to see it.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 2: Do we want us to hurt and tell us what kind of haircutching game? Or are we just going to see it?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 19: What?
Speaker 2: What style?
Speaker 13: To prepare?
Speaker 8: You all out for it?
Speaker 16: Y'all? I just slas.
Speaker 6: Bringing in him in.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Wow.
Speaker 16: It's so good.
Speaker 8: Wow that looks so real.
Speaker 14: Wow I hear it looks so good and I hear it lad.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I wouldn't have known that was you, bro.
Speaker 14: Okay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Hold on, I'm telling you what fresh So this is not cool?
Speaker 14: Let me tell you.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you he hasn't seen it. You look like you look like your son.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: More than ever, it's like your.
Speaker 2: Here sixteen year old son.
Speaker 6: You do look like your oldest son when you walked in and was like, oh my wow.
Speaker 17: Oh I put money on the fact that he's keeping this look for the rest of his life. Like, yes, you're going to do the maintenance. There's no way you're getting rid of this.
Speaker 6: Seriously, you're going to see it, dude.
Speaker 14: Hold on, Hey, what kind of haircut do I have?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 14: What's my style?
Speaker 8: I don't even tim.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I would say it's kind of like so I mine naturally goes forward, but sometimes on screen on camp, I'll have to like like put it back just a little bit.
Speaker 9: And I just got like a little cool, that's what that is.
Speaker 14: But it's long. I can like it's styled and stuff.
Speaker 6: You haven't touched your hand.
Speaker 14: No, I haven't touched it. I honestly I was.
Speaker 11: I walked to the bathroom and I walked like my my neck was stiff because I didn't want to like move it. And for the first time in my life, well not first time, but in a while, I'm like, what, like, it's my hair in place?
Speaker 6: Like I look good, dude, it looks real and it looks good. And no one has ever if they don't know you, no one's gonna say. I wonder if that dude has anything on his head really legit, legit, legit.
Speaker 11: He wants to make fun of you.
Speaker 6: If he wants, go ahead, dude.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious because you have hair. But literally, like Bobby said, if you're a stranger, you would have no idea you were a bold fool. They would have no idea that you have a system in your hair.
Speaker 14: That's my system.
Speaker 6: You have like a side faded bit. So if I get a hair cut, it's like shorter hair and it fades up a little bit like it's purposefully that way.
Speaker 11: I mean, I thought about telling her to do the skin tight like Lunchbox does, but that's too much serious though.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 6: It's why it's well, no, it's because we only know you as one one and now a little bit I'm attracted to you, so that's difficult.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 16: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Edie's not gonna look at his new hair ready and go.
Speaker 24: Whoa, whoa, dang, I have hair, dude, you know who? I kind of look like the dude from ted Lasso.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 14: Yeah you do?
Speaker 6: You not look like your son?
Speaker 14: I mean, yeah, I mean I see it.
Speaker 6: It makes sense.
Speaker 14: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: What the crap I have here?
Speaker 11: I have hair and it looks real. This is crazy, dude. I don't know what to say do. My wife's gonna flip when I get home. I haven't told her, and you're not gonna tell her, right, No, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna show up.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, hey, make sure the kids are out of the house. You know I'm saying, yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 6: So Julie question, can he touch it?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah, you can burn your hands through it.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's like a dry like a dry I don't know what like when you can touch it?
Speaker 11: Now? Yeah, getting take a shower, like, oh my, but I don't have a bald spot on the back of my head.
Speaker 2: This isbel turn around, le' see the back Check it out, dude.
Speaker 14: Look wow, oh my god?
Speaker 6: Can I touch it?
Speaker 2: That fades in like it'll.
Speaker 6: It's like a faded She also did a great job with the haircut, That's what I'm saying, Like the looks like legit. So Eddie hasn't Eddie has new hair?
Speaker 21: Wow?
Speaker 8: Are there even little gray hairs?
Speaker 13: I gave him gray a little bit.
Speaker 11: You can't you can't even tell.
Speaker 6: Am I going to hard on it. You can't even tell by the line.
Speaker 11: There's no like line.
Speaker 8: But Bobby, do you see that gray hair?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, this looks like it looks like all of his hair.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's that's so okay.
Speaker 11: So Eddie has new Julie.
Speaker 9: This, you're the Picasso of heads.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you do look like Nate, dude, you do. Look I just pulled out the pictures I might. Dude.
Speaker 25: They both got the big nose in the so you had to cut his hair that he had. He's not gonna go anywhere any This is so what.
Speaker 8: You can give it a tug what?
Speaker 6: No, tuget? No, do not let him talget because he'll no, no, no, it's it's not I hear you.
Speaker 2: But this.
Speaker 11: Eddie, Okay, I gotta look at this again.
Speaker 8: He's going to keep looking at it.
Speaker 14: Unbelievable. I look at myself for the rest of the day.
Speaker 6: It feels like those videos where people that are colorblind put on the color blind glasses.
Speaker 9: I can see the colors for the first time.
Speaker 14: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: It's really cool.
Speaker 14: Dude.
Speaker 11: I'm afraid I'm gonna get into a car wreck on the way home looking in the mirror too much.
Speaker 14: Yeah, all the time. Holy c this is amazing.
Speaker 2: I need you to not keep this because I got to be able to make funny for being bald man.
Speaker 14: That's I think that might be done.
Speaker 6: So here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 9: First of all, Hey, your Instagram is it just no?
Speaker 6: Not you? There's is it?
Speaker 11: Nashville hair Replacement?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 6: Alle okay at Nashville hair Replacement. The website is Nashville hair Replacement dot com.
Speaker 9: This is so good, Eddie. I want to take a picture from my wife.
Speaker 14: This is magic.
Speaker 6: Come over here, Yeah, because she is going. I know she's gonna say that looks freaking awesome. Hold on, wow, that is a glamour shot and you don't even do anything.
Speaker 14: Tell me what she says. I will and tell her not to text my wife. Oh good point.
Speaker 11: Oh wait, yeah, because she will, Julie.
Speaker 6: Any final thoughts on Eddie, And if if people want to call you, and she could.
Speaker 8: Do you do a consultation, free consultations in this one and even phone consultations for people that live out of state. And yeah, it's an easy process.
Speaker 6: And people people can fly in and get it done. She's the best. Holy crap, I cannot believe how.
Speaker 11: Real it looks.
Speaker 14: You don't have a system on my head.
Speaker 11: And he can work out and sweat and not worry about it.
Speaker 8: Yes, to push it to the limits. I mean they are very active, she said.
Speaker 11: I can live a normal life, just a normal life, do my everyday stuff.
Speaker 8: And your headphones are on and off of his head.
Speaker 6: Dude, the picture of you looks awesome and she's like a normal dude.
Speaker 14: It don't look like myself. That is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're gonna put all the stuff on the website too. Up on our podcast notes at Nashville Hair Replacement on Instagram, Nashville hair Replacement dot com. Julie, thank you for your time. Eddie, you look great. Help you feel good about it?
Speaker 14: Thank you, Julie, thank you so much. Might you may have changed my life? Listen, dude.
Speaker 11: She says that when people walk out of her salon, she notices they walk taller. I'm already feeling that instant. I think I've gained an inch just alone on my hair.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh that's true.
Speaker 14: I am now six foot maybe six to one.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 4: Now we're headed all the way back to February.
Speaker 3: Most of the guys on the show tend to send things in and we're like, oh gosh, this is clickbait.
Speaker 4: You know, raise known for it.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox has done it. Eddie's even done it a few times. But this one turned out not to be.
Speaker 4: Clickbait, and it was huh hilarious.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox wrote in that he got the cops called on him, and none of us really believed what was about to transpire or the story that he told. And he actually admitted he held on to it for several months because his wife didn't want to share the story, but he decided to anyway, and this is the result. Lunchbox went to check out his kids at school for a situation that was going on, and he got the cops.
Speaker 4: Called on him.
Speaker 6: Number three, it's a democracy with bits. Here we have four people that have submitted a bit. Pick a bit Lunchbox sent has been in. He said, for pick a bet, I like to suggest this bit. Lunchbox almost lost his family and almost spent the rest of his life in prison. You don't want to miss this. We back after Morgan Wallen Okay even wrote the t's points for that. Morgan wrote, I had my first experience in the UFO and now I'm scared. All right, that's one of the bits we could pick. Raymundo wrote, cops on my doorstep, Raymond, who already had a cop come to his new house and flash his badge.
Speaker 14: That's interesting, it is.
Speaker 6: And then Eddie has I have a way the Lunchbox keep to Ultimate running for a long long time. I found a way. This could be possible if he really wants it. Legit man, So the voters will be me Amy and Mike d Amy. Of those bits you got Lunchbox in the family thing, got Eddie and the Ultima Morgan in the UFO, Ray at the cop at his doorstep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to hear lunchboxes.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Amy, Yes, let's go.
Speaker 6: Mike.
Speaker 11: Don't want to know how he lost his family? Go on lunch vote.
Speaker 6: Then my vote doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So lunchbox and what were you gonna vote?
Speaker 6: My vote doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: No, I would like to hear who are you gonna vote for me? Is it a unit?
Speaker 6: Is it a sweet? I was gonna vote for Morgan, but we don't get to do it. Pick a bit time lunchbox. The bet has been picked.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to do it right now? You want to come back after Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 9: We no, we don't have Morgan Walla to play and secondly, we just did the tease for it.
Speaker 6: Here is the pitch. Lunchblocks almost lost his family and almost spent the rest of his life in prison.
Speaker 11: You don't want to miss this.
Speaker 10: So I got a note from my kid's daycare saying that one of my kids when they go out to recess, doesn't like they give you a proper support, doesn't interact with other kids, kind of plays by himself. And I'm like, is my kid a loser? Like does he not have friends? I'm gonna see if like this is true. So I know what time they go out to the playground. So there's a parking garage that you can go and you can look over the fence you crept on your kid.
Speaker 2: So it's around two thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 10: So I went got some Chick fil A, rolled up there in the parking garage in the Ultima, sat on the hood and peeked over while they.
Speaker 14: Played on the playground with binoculars.
Speaker 2: Not with binoculars.
Speaker 11: I like preschoolers I get older.
Speaker 10: But someone in a nearby office building saw me sitting in my hood looking into the playground.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a creepy guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they lunch eating my lunch.
Speaker 14: I do it every day.
Speaker 2: They called police.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And so the police came up in the parking garage to figure out what I was doing.
Speaker 2: And I told him all my kids.
Speaker 6: You told him your kid got a progress.
Speaker 10: Report, And so they had to go down to the school and verify that my kid was on the playground and I was not just some dude looking at the playground?
Speaker 20: Is this real?
Speaker 6: Also, not that I'm for it. Can you not just be a dude looking at the playground?
Speaker 14: That's not a good look, I know.
Speaker 6: But to coms arrest somebody for just looking at a playground.
Speaker 14: No, but they look into it. They're investigating.
Speaker 2: I let's say I'm taking pictures of the playground.
Speaker 6: You weren't there where you know? Okay, But I'm saying, are you sure? So what did you okay to? I want to go first, what did you see it with your kid?
Speaker 10: He does kind of, but he is two, so I don't know if two year olds really play together. It's more, you know, he's doing his own thing. He's not really he doesn't look like he has many friends. So I was like, okay, maybe maybe I got to teach him how to like go up to people and be like, hey.
Speaker 2: Let's play.
Speaker 9: And how long did you sit up there and watch?
Speaker 2: Thirty minutes?
Speaker 9: And how long while you were sitting there did it take for the cops to get there?
Speaker 2: Oh thirty minutes.
Speaker 9: Oh so you only stopped because they showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because they're on the playground for forty five minutes.
Speaker 6: Did it scare you when they pulled up?
Speaker 2: I was just like, oh, what's going on? I didn't know. I just thought they were driving through the parking garage.
Speaker 9: And how do they initiate that conversation?
Speaker 10: They're like, oh, what do you They said, we got a call that you're watching the kids on the playground like you're creepy.
Speaker 11: They treat you like that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I'm like, well, no, no, no, no no, I said, oh that helps. No no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 10: And so they had me get off the car obviously, and they sit there and they're like, what's and I say, my kids out of the playground, and they told me that he doesn't have any friends. So I just wanted to see how he acts on the playground. They go, so, your kid is on the playground.
Speaker 26: They definitely think he's a creeper. Yeah, and they're like, is there. I was like, They're like, we're gonna have to go down to the school and confirmed this. And I was like, okay, that's fine, Like, well, you'll wait here. And they sent the his partner or someone stayed with you.
Speaker 6: He didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they go down there.
Speaker 10: And they talked to the director and you I know, they showed him my picture and that's how I was let go. So I always got arrested for being a pedophile. Well, I mean, I mean that's what it was.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I weren't almost you weren't think you arrested because they thought there was a prepian.
Speaker 14: That's what I'm saying, not a pedophile.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hear you, though.
Speaker 9: So what did they say to you whenever you were freed?
Speaker 10: They just said, you know, we got a call, we got to look it seems weird a guy sitting on a car looking at so yeah, probably not do that in the future and have a nice day.
Speaker 2: And they watched me drive out the parking garage.
Speaker 9: I'll say it if you guys don't want to. This is the greatest pick of it.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, good job, Yeah, good job.
Speaker 11: That was awesome.
Speaker 14: Wow, not clickbait.
Speaker 6: And you said they thought you were a pedophile and you weren't, but you went hard on what they thought you might have been. And I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Follow her right there.
Speaker 14: Oh man, it was like the police to.
Speaker 6: Tell your wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah what she say? She was like, you can never talk about it on the radio. You showed her so I waited a couple of months and.
Speaker 11: A couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kind of like, oh, because it was a weird feeling.
Speaker 11: That's a great I'm sure it was being called a They didn't call me a preeper, a.
Speaker 6: Creeper, creeper being treated like you could have been. Yeah, yeah, have you been back?
Speaker 2: No no, no no, that parking garage off limits.
Speaker 9: Possibly the greatest pick a bit in the history of picking.
Speaker 6: Really good chod job and all you're looking out for your kid.
Speaker 9: It was love, That's all all it was was love.
Speaker 13: Yes. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Bobby Bones and the Raging Idiots Million dollars show for Saint Jude is huge every year. It's always fun, always exciting, lots of special guests in cool country, artists come out, and all of you listeners show up. So it's always a really big event every year at the Ryman in Nashville. But this year in particularly, it was in April and post Malone was the massive surprise special guest and it was huge. Everybody freaked out and all our videos online were going crazy because everybody loves Posty Now Mike d loves Posty the most, which was a huge part of all of this because mike'sd finally got to meet post Malone because.
Speaker 5: That is his hero, and so everybody wanted to hear that story.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless, this post Malone popping up as a special guest at Bobby Bones and the Rating Idiots Million Dollar Show definitely takes one of those segments for the best.
Speaker 4: Of the last six months.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 6: Last night was our seventh million dollar Show. Eddie and I have a group called the Raging Idiots and we invite friends to come play with us, and they show up and we play songs and raise a bunch of money for Saint Jude.
Speaker 9: We don't keep any of the money.
Speaker 6: It's it's a really it's exhausting, but it's worth it when it's over and it's pulled off. And we always bring out surprise guests, and so you know, some of the I have friends that I can call on if I'm like, hey, I need you so I can build this show around you. Meaning if I get John Party who is a close friend, or I can call Sam Sam Hunt and be like, do you mind playing this show because people are gonna love it. And then also other artists will go, oh, John and Sam are playing, We're happy to play if they've never heard of the show. You need those artists to build around. And so that's what happened with John and Sam and Meghan Maroney and I was so grateful that they said yes. And so Matt Carney and Ben Rector and all these artists show and it's amazing. But we always have two or three surprise guests for different reasons. And we had Turnpike Trubad Doors in the studio and it's my wife's favorite band and I listen them all the time now because I heard but it's good Lord, Laurie.
Speaker 14: Oh, good Lord Laurie.
Speaker 11: I love you know, no Mora so good.
Speaker 6: So they came out and played full band, which was super cool, and then Lit showed up and played and the crowd it's like there was a human explosion in the Ryman because that intro lick hits that goes donna na dun dun dun dun dun dun dunna na dun dun dun dunna. And then he comes out and the first lart is can you alvoice a little dead? Was it? And you forget about the things said when I was drunk. I didn't mean to call you that. They look they're rock star. Yeah, they're not even ninety the two thousand, two thousand, so where they're like holy crab. So after that, Edwin McCain, who was super nice to come out. I've only got to know Edward McCain in the past four or five years, but he has you know, ah, we'll be you crying shoulder, And so scheduled our final act was John Party. However, Morgan number one and tom My manager because Morgan's on manager too. They had been working so hard on getting our secret special guest, so hard even four days before the show. It was like I don't know it's fifty fifty, so I don't want to jinx it. So I didn't tell anybody. I didn't want to get Eddie's hopes up because I don't want to get mine. And the only reason I even had to know is because just in case I didn't want to know, and I didn't ask. I never asked is good? Is it good? Is it good? So as soon as they were like, I think it's seventy five percent, I went to Eddie immediately said, Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: They say seventy five percent, that's probably twenty five percent.
Speaker 11: I was even like and I was still like, okay, well that guess that's Bobby doesn't really look hopeful right now.
Speaker 14: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I wonder I ever look hopeful.
Speaker 8: I feel if it was n nine Bobby be like, it's probably that.
Speaker 6: So the day before they're like, it's ninety percent, and I'm like, I still don't believe it. Because artists this big, they're so big, they could just go I don't want to do this, and nobody even questions because they're so big. And then that morning it turns into ninety nine percent. Because we have a big security meeting at the rhyme, and because there are so many artists coming in and out, it's not like security has to watch one artist. It's transitions of teams and people going in and out. So this artist, his people went to the security meeting. We're like, it's ninety nine percent. But the show starts and I haven't I haven't said who it is yet. The show starts, and it's not written anywhere because we don't want anybody to even backstage to accidentally see it and post it because then because again we don't want to run in two. I didn't know I don't know this person. I didn't know this person. I didn't know if he was going to show up or not. And so I'm thinking he's gonna walk in like five minutes before and then there'll be a delay.
Speaker 9: No, he got there forty five minutes early.
Speaker 6: So I'm told with about five or six songs left, Hey, this Secrets Special artist is here, and I'm like already. They're like, yeah, he's in the back, just practicing because you know, he wants to do a cover when he comes out.
Speaker 14: And I was like, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Now I'm in the middle of hosting it. But Also, we're playing songs, so I don't even have time to go say hi or really introduce myself. Turnpike Troubados. When they come out, they do full band and we walk off the stage for three minutes. I went back to his dressing room and I was like, hey, man, thank you so much. And I didn't want there were a bunch of people. People were blocking his door. Muscleman. I already felt like I was in the way, but it did not feel like that. Once I was in there, he was so nice.
Speaker 9: He was like, what's up because this is so quick's been watching the show on the feed in there.
Speaker 2: He was like, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: I'm going to change up the song I'm going to do because I love playing at the Rhyman.
Speaker 9: We talked for a few minutes and I had to I didn't want to leave, but I had to go.
Speaker 6: I was like, I hate to stop this conversation, but I got to go back on stage because we were playing with John Party. So we walk out and I get it. They get in my ear and they're like, hey, there's a guitar problem with the person. Hold on, can you stall for just a minute. So the whole band's off stage, it's just me and I were like, okay, Stall, and then I'm thinking he ain't coming out.
Speaker 9: They just got me guitar problem. I knew would be something, and so then finally they.
Speaker 6: Like it's all clear.
Speaker 11: I was like, really, they're good.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And I didn't do a big like yes, very subdued. I just said I'm super grateful. Here is our surprise artist. Tonight, post Malone super Kind plays a Hank Senior song. First up.
Speaker 11: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: So I didn't know really in person how good of a singer he would be, but he was practicing when I went back there. No, he's good.
Speaker 9: He's really good. He's a really good singer. He's just a good singer.
Speaker 8: Even just in his dressing room with him, he was sitting on the.
Speaker 6: Toilet, lied down. Oh really, in the bathroom where the acoustics were good. It was him and Ernest and they were running through the song. Really yeah, and I know Ernest. I didn't even know Ernest was there. Yeah, he was there, and so I was like, I didn't say it, but I was like, he's good. So he comes out and he plays plays the first song, and he plays his new single and the crowd's going insane, and then I'm like, thank you everybody, and everybody's just shocked that postmol only just showed up and played a couple of songs.
Speaker 9: And so I have to go do a couple of interviews right afterward.
Speaker 6: I have a couple of saying Jude things I need I get to right after the show and signed some stuff. But I look back and post Malone has not left the stage, and he's down talking to people at the stage.
Speaker 9: He probably sat up there for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 6: He just talked to just talk to people that were watching the show, just bent down in the front of the stage talking to people.
Speaker 14: I've never seen anyone do that.
Speaker 6: I've never seen abody to do that. That's like not me, right, And I'm just like, I hope you're not disappointed with buying the ticket to my show. That's always what I do.
Speaker 9: At the end of show.
Speaker 11: He didn't go down the front and just and give her one high times.
Speaker 6: He was like talking to people.
Speaker 14: Everyone that stayed.
Speaker 11: It was wild.
Speaker 2: He laid down on the stage to take pictures with people like it was it was wild.
Speaker 13: Crazy, What a night now that it what as crazy?
Speaker 10: As he left, Yeah, and he stayed in the alley behind the venue for thirty minutes taking pictures of people. Yeah, just standing out there in the alley behind the bars, in between the Ryman and Tutsi's. He was just in the alley with the trash, the dumpsters, taking pictures with people. I would have never believed. I would have not believe.
Speaker 6: It wasn't that. I'm like, there's no way he's like this. But he's so famous that that usually doesn't happen because it creates something a bit bigger, where then it becomes like a mob. But he sat there and everybody that wanted to talk or say hi. He did. One of the biggest stars in music right now period and also it more now than ever, especially after watching him practice in the back and hearing him sing like that. He's like a Texas dude who loves country music. Oh yeah, it's not even it's not even a gimmick thing. It's not I mean, it's not even a thing. He doesn't have to do it, he doesn't need to do that. You can tell that he finally gets to do it where he's finally big enough to do whatever he wants to do, and he's like, I now want to do this project because this is like a passion for me.
Speaker 11: And it's not like he like said, I'm gonna do a Hank Williams song. I'm gonna learn it real quick, like you all the words.
Speaker 6: And he brought us then he was What happened was why there was a bit of a delay was he was like, I want this to sound really good. So they called him the second guitar player really quick. It was I think it was Ernest's guy. Okay, So that's what took the extra few minutes. That's why they were practicing. Yeah, no, to get up there is post Malm was awesome.
Speaker 14: Uh yeah.
Speaker 6: And he also I'm gonna again be as honest as I can't here he he smelled pretty good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, like surprisingly cologne.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was cologne. I just thought he would smell like tattoos, beer and smoke. Just you know what tattoos smell. I don't know something.
Speaker 13: No, he looks mad.
Speaker 6: He smelled pretty good. Wow, okay, And so he went up to Caitlin and was in the side stage like thirty minutes before and was hanging out talking with her, and he he left walked to talk to somebody else and was like, Post Won just came up and he knows he didn't know me, and I think he knows he does another person he's talking to over there now, but like he was just hanging out talking with folks. That It was a wild show last night. There were so many any cool things I will at some point in my mind be able to remember and go through. But Sam and John and Megan Maroney, like they were really the pillars that allowed us to build that show around them this year. I'm very grateful for that. But Post I was awesome. Post Malone showed up and just it was it was wild. I don't even know what else to say. And it was even more wild these stays and just hung out with everybody.
Speaker 10: Another crazy thing he did when he left in the car, he just rolled down the window and went rolling down the street with the window down.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Post Malone, you might want to.
Speaker 10: Roll your window up, but he just had his head out the windows saying hi to people, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Dude, roll the window up.
Speaker 6: One of the most famous people in music period.
Speaker 11: It's the whole world right now.
Speaker 9: So and the secret was able to be kept, which never happens.
Speaker 11: So that's all.
Speaker 6: I don't even know if you guys got to meet him at all, because I wasn't. I only met him, talked to him for that one brief time and had to get back. And then I hugged him a couple of times on stage and was able to say hey, really, thank you, and he was like, are you kidding, Let's do it again.
Speaker 9: I'm like, well, we don't do it again front of the.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well what about Mike Deep did you.
Speaker 14: Get to meet?
Speaker 20: Oh boy?
Speaker 27: I was anticipating it the whole night. I saw him walking when he first got there. Yeah, and like my body like just left me.
Speaker 6: Did you not? Could you have said hello?
Speaker 11: I could have.
Speaker 27: I could have, but I was like, I'm just gonna soak in the moment. Not a good time to stop him, Okay.
Speaker 6: And so then he goes to the back.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's there the whole time, okay. True, And there really was nobody. His people were muscular, big outside the door.
Speaker 27: Yeah, and then they came out when he was about to go on and kind of cleared the area and I'm like, we're gonna get pushed out of here. I'm not going to get to meet him.
Speaker 6: Did you get pushed out?
Speaker 20: Now?
Speaker 6: We stayed there, we stood our ground. Yeah, I felt like nobody really got put. I think his lane, his people know the clear lane. But then he's like, no, it's okay, don't you.
Speaker 11: Have to clear it?
Speaker 14: Wait?
Speaker 11: So Mike didn't did you not meet him at all?
Speaker 14: Nothing?
Speaker 27: And then I thought they were gonna call him off right when he left. But when I saw he was going and meeting everybody, I was like, Oh, he's definitely going to come back this way. We hung out there where his people were. And then when he came back, I met him.
Speaker 16: Oh you did?
Speaker 8: Did you touch him?
Speaker 20: I did?
Speaker 27: I shook his hand. I told him I was a huge fan. He said thank you so much, Like can we take a picture?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 6: You got a picture too? And I got a picture. I'm so one thing I was wondering because I was one of us.
Speaker 2: Saw did Mike meet him?
Speaker 9: I adn't have time to even do anything. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a great show. If you came last night, that's awesome. If you didn't come, it doesn't matter. Just know it's fun to hear other people talk about things you didn't go too. Yeah, and Mike also he was drinking a beer. Mike got the beer can. Oh, Mike wasn't drinking a beer. No, no, you got postmllones bud Light beer can. Yeah, that's cool. That's funny and weird, but more funny.
Speaker 2: How awesome is that he has it on display at his house.
Speaker 8: What if Mike was drinking his coffee out of it today?
Speaker 19: He cut the top and every morning he drinks out of it. It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 4: Two now coming in at this number one spot.
Speaker 3: It's quite bittersweet because it was a really cool interview for a multitude of reasons, but then also really heartbreaking. We had Toby Keith on the show January fifth, and the interview with him was so awesome because Toby just has incredible stories to share over the course of his career, and he's just a bright light and how he is and how he interacts with the world and he's a cool dude.
Speaker 4: So having him in was really awesome.
Speaker 3: But then we lost him not long after that, and it was really hard on the country music world and all of his fans and absolutely to his family and friends.
Speaker 4: So this interview is bittersweet, but I want to.
Speaker 3: Share it because I love Toby Keith and I hope his legacy continues on for many decades to come.
Speaker 4: So this is Toby Keith in our studio.
Speaker 1: In January number one on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: Now, Toby Keith, Toby. It's rare that people that I'm super close to will ask me for tickets anything, because they know, unless it's really meaningful, don't ask. And I've only had two close friends ask me for tickets this whole year and our last year. It was Morgan Wallen and it was your shows in Vegas. That's how big those shows were, and they sold. I saw they sold that immediately. Do you still have any sort of anxiety at all about shows selling?
Speaker 23: No, I hadn't worked in I probably only worked a handful of shows in the last wide COVID two big seased COVID and cancer, So I hadn't worked handful of shows.
Speaker 20: In the last three years.
Speaker 23: But I worked every year for twenty seven eight years, And I mean I was only the only thing I had that concern me was being away from it for three years and remembering all the words because they subconsciously come to you when you're working. You don't even think about it, you know them, and then getting completely away from them and having to start back. So they had a teleprompter up there, and I got into a little bit of a sound check. We're going to go a full dress rehearsal day, but I didn't even use it. It was just like riding the bike.
Speaker 11: Oh you knew all the words.
Speaker 23: Yeah, once I got up there and started and it got familiar, I just I didn't even look at the tail problem.
Speaker 11: What about playing at all? Did you did your hand steake callous?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 23: I still played no matter where I was, always had a guitar there and still plunked around. But they've been callous so long that.
Speaker 6: It's all callous.
Speaker 11: Not even bones anymore, it's just all callouses.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's why you have an extra fingernails.
Speaker 6: You guys are putting these songs. Don't let the old man in. It's been out. But you're like, hey, this song's good. Here it is, remember it. We're going to push it again. Where did that come from?
Speaker 14: And why?
Speaker 23: So?
Speaker 20: So that wasn't my idea.
Speaker 23: So we put that in the in the Eastwood movie three or four years ago, and the movie didn't do as well as they thought.
Speaker 20: But and it's at the very end.
Speaker 23: And as powerful as the song was, it still didn't really get us to do. But great songs have a way of finding a home. Willie cut it, Humperdink cut it, a bunch of foreign legends cut it in their lanth, which.
Speaker 20: I thought, well, that's cool, you know. And then when the Icon Award came up at the People's.
Speaker 23: Choice, Rack Clark, Dick Clark's son, who's I've known for years, He's produced a lot of the award shows, he said.
Speaker 20: I really want you to do this song. I was like, man, Blake's present me, Oh.
Speaker 11: Yes, you do that song? Like you weren't planning to do that song?
Speaker 6: Got it and.
Speaker 23: Because it's it's dark, you know, and it's and and I hadn't been in the public eye for a while, and so I was like, Blake's gonna do Who's your Daddy? And I want to do something up tempo because he's he's going to be fun and funny. And he goes, no, Rack insistent, and I said, well, Rack, if you want me.
Speaker 20: Do it, I'll do it. He goes, I think it'd be gigantic highlight and he was right.
Speaker 11: He was massive.
Speaker 6: People went crazy and so because of that response, everybody's like, we need to reintroduce the song.
Speaker 23: Well, it just went number one immediately on iTunes, and and then people start calling saying, hey, they want service radio. Yeah, and I haven't really serviced. I haven't done anything in three or four years. And I was like, I don't know if they play this kind of music anymore. You know, this is way different than what you normally hear. And I said, this is this song is even more classic than my age. This song could have been recorded in the fifties, you know, or sixties, and it's it's so it's so country and so old school that I said, you do what you want to do with it.
Speaker 20: But I just love it that it got it, It found a home.
Speaker 6: You're going down the road. How's your health, how's everything going?
Speaker 2: It's going pretty good.
Speaker 23: This is a roller coaster and it takes a little while and get your brain wrapped around it.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 23: You get to a point where you just say, hey, uh, this is what I do and you can't let it define you know, your future. You can sit around and wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, But I've got a roadhouse out in the country by a like a ninety seven year old roadhouse that has a lot of music history, a lot of Oklahoma history.
Speaker 9: What's a roadhouse. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 20: It's like a bar and grill outdoor.
Speaker 6: Oh god, I got it.
Speaker 14: Got you know.
Speaker 9: It's an old roadhouse like Texas roadhouse to restaurant type place.
Speaker 23: Well, like a bar out in the country that people would drive out to. Like in a movie, you'd see people they'll set a roadhouse up in the remember the one where Patrick Sways.
Speaker 6: The roadhouse that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, so yeah, there you go.
Speaker 23: So that's kind of out by itself. This thing's like ninety seven years old. The old actor James Garner was named James Bumgarner before he went to Hollywood. He pumped gas in there. Bonnie and Clyde stayed in some cabins behind it.
Speaker 20: Bob Wheels and.
Speaker 23: Texas playboys people like that would come through and play these little dances out there, and then it turned into a convenience store. We used to get bait, beer, tobacco stuff there before we were olled enough and then we're gonna tear it down. And my whole countryside out there where I live, I know, everybody, that's my sanctuary. They were like, man, they're telling that tearing the old Hollywood's corners down. And so I went and bought the thing, popped it up, cleaned it up, put some lights in the trees, put a stage out there, and left the stage up. And now you can go out there, get some food, get a beer, sit on the lights, bring your dog, bring your kids, and have biker night on Wednesday.
Speaker 20: And I saved it, you know.
Speaker 23: And so one night I said, hey, I want to try to play. So I called the manager and I said, tell Jennifer. I said, tell the band. They're paid, but they're not gonna play. And then she goes, who's playing? I said, another band? And then I was bringing my guys in from Nashville, and we were just gonna go up incognito and just let the word build and just have fun. And I was gonna see how far I could go without taking a break, you know. So I did two three hour nights and she goes, well, who do I advertise is playing?
Speaker 20: I said, the.
Speaker 23: Greasy Weenies, And so she put it up the Greasy Weenies will be here Friday and Saturday. Well, everybody started going something not right because the band's getting paid. So when I showed up first night, they were just like lined up down the ditches a half a mile in every direction. And I did two nights in July and I was like, go, go book me some shows. So you just can't get the trucks and buses after three years all together, and the crew everybody's off working with everybody else, you know. So it took till December to launch this thing, and here we.
Speaker 6: Are well excited to have you back. Yeah, yeah, like optimistic playing music, love it. Did you have to your voice aside from health, Like you don't sing for three years? Like that's a muscle, right, Like you can sing for three hour? I mean, did you like blow your voice at all after two days?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 23: But the thing that I've had to overcome is the surgery I had on my stomach. They had to stitch on my diaphragm, so and not using it to sing every night, that is a muscle, you know. So I've had to really work that to get it so where I sing really really hard and really really violent and loud, and I didn't have that last ten percent on the bottom where I could just really belt anything, you know, like when I sang MacArthur Park at Carnegie Hall, it was like opera stuff, So I don't know if I could do that, But what I do on stage is no problem.
Speaker 20: So it's like I've had to I've had to work on that different and it's getting better all the time.
Speaker 23: But I went through about three hours yesterday off and on, you know, going through our lists working it up.
Speaker 20: And I have issues.
Speaker 6: What's your favorite song to do now that you're back doing it? Anything like that feels good to do again.
Speaker 23: Man, those four and five week number ones, you can just pile them up, come down here and.
Speaker 20: They're all fun.
Speaker 11: You're gonna do any songs about the Greasy Wienies.
Speaker 6: I love that band.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you've heard of them. They're really making the name of Oklahoma.
Speaker 20: Yeah. They don't do many covers. They do all Toby stuff.
Speaker 6: Well that's why some people get annoyed by them. They're like, enough, Toby Keith play some Greasy Wienies, so well, Toby, it's good to see you.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 6: New album, one hundred Percent Songwriter. They came out a few months ago. Don't let the old Man in his back. We've been playing a little bit and all the shows sold out. Again. My friends never asked me for anything, and they were like, can you get as Toby tickets? And I said, not only that, they could come and stay in your hotel room. So you'll see that there. Well, I don't stay in my hotel room.
Speaker 23: Thing. You have it well, as long as they pick up incidentally, crap, all right, all right.
Speaker 19: Toby, good to see you, but there is everybody. It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: I hope you all had a fun time walking down memory lane with me, well six months memory lane.
Speaker 4: But that's it for me this weekend.
Speaker 3: I hope you had a great holiday vacation or just your regular Friday, Saturday, Sunday situation. And we will be back on Monday, so not too far from now, and come hang out with me. I will grow Morgan on all the things. You can hit up the show at Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 4: Any of them work. I'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms
Speaker 10: Bobby Bone Show and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.