Speaker 1: All right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the usc Compton watch Bank to La, come on to California, say from Rowley the Valley.
Speaker 1: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 2: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Chronic Goals.
Speaker 1: He gonna tell you how we goals. If I lie, my nose will grow like Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the choosans the chronic goals.
Speaker 1: This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't Big Change and big spields the streets.
Speaker 3: Hello, Welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, leave a start rating the comments. We like to welcome you to another episode Against the Chronicles podcast. And now I am Big Steel along with my homeboy and today Man, we got one of my folks in the studio with us. Man from the greatest city on the motherfucking planet, from the city of Cleveland. Man one of the most from one of the most iconic groups of all time. Man don't been bit stole from emulated, but never duplicated. My mother fucker Homeboy. Lazy Boom from the Almighty Boone Thugs was cracking dog Man.
Speaker 1: You know what it is that Cleveland connection in the building for sure.
Speaker 3: Man. You know you're from the city, Dog, So I had to give you the slide.
Speaker 4: You try to slide some shit in there, Try to slide from city on the nigger hub City nigga, they just city.
Speaker 3: You are trads for he you know what, Hey, this would always go like this, what I tell him in the Homie Glasses. Without Ohio, it wouldn't be no West Coast music.
Speaker 1: Her Man. We got the funk. The funk come from Ohio.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, the funk come from Ohio, Dog. And we love California. California is my home. I love it, love the people here. Oh, don't say they pull your mic towards.
Speaker 1: You, Okay, yeah, check right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you know, just with all the funk man from from Roger Trout and Man just on everything that the West don't love and embrace so much.
Speaker 4: Though played football. Get a body here, man. It that hometown city. But I'm at. I'm at to tell Maria to snatch that drum machine out your house right now. You know, you two hip hop for be right there?
Speaker 3: Hey man, you know what I'm a brother, just love music. And you're coming from the city of Cleveland, man like I come from.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: And I know you don't been asked this a million times, man, because y'all did something nobody else was doing at that time. Y'all incorporated harmonies with the rhyming. Where did y'all How did y'all come up with this ship?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, Cleveland is a singing city. You got the old Jays, le Vert, you know what I mean, Rue boys, All that whole R and B flavor was thoroughly breaded in Cleveland, you know what I'm saying. And my mom sings, so you know we come from We come from that school born in the in the seventies, you know what I'm saying. We grew up with the Temptations and you know Dell Phonix, all them old school motown groups. You know what I mean. It was embedded from our parents' music, you know what I'm saying. So when when we was growing up it was like you wanted to be a rapper. You ain't want to be a singer. Although we were singers. We did New Addition, you know what I'm saying. We emulated all that Michael Jackson New Addition. But in the streets, you know what I mean. You wanted to be a rapper because you wanted to be hard. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If you was coming from the streets right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you ain't want to be known.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You went from wanting to be the New Addition and the Jackson fivees too. You wanted to be the run DMCs and the whoos and the ship like that. So definitely that was our generation of time when we was coming to pass from that absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, and you from Claire Man, you all right across from Glenfield, right, yeah, right across from Glenfield. I went to the field though, I said to walk through that motherfucker every day because I lived off I lived off one hundred and third, yeah, in Superior, but we claimed hundred you know, ten five. You know, that was our section. And at that time, if you was walking through, you know, off Saint Clair, you might get touched on a little bit, you know what I'm saying, have a few altercations on the way home.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, Saint Clair, Saint Clair. Like, people really don't know how segregated Cleveland really was. Like when I came out to California, I was culture shocked because you had Mexicans and different people were like in Cleveland, it's all black. It's all black beside Cleveland. Like when you when you walk in them streets, right, you gotta deal with niggas, and it used to be divided.
Speaker 3: That was the funny thing about it, because you would have a cat that lived. You might have went to elementary school with him. Yeah, but he's stay on this side and you still on this side. And y'all niggas is few, and you really don't know why. It's just that, you know, when you walk through certain least for me because I'm a little bit older than you. You used to have the squabble, used to have to have your squabble game.
Speaker 1: Right, we went to uh, we went to FDR, you know what I'm saying. So we had it out with Patrick Henry the other other junior high school you know what I'm saying. Like, so one of my great friends in life is named ken Dog Mighty more thug, you know what I'm saying. So we used to have to squab with them niggas all the way until we got bussed to the same school. You know what I'm saying, Like in high schools, but in junior high that was that side, that was that side. If you crossed it, it was on and cracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, man, I know.
Speaker 4: Still coming out here from Cleveland and seeing how we got down one shit, how was it different?
Speaker 3: You know what, man, California is deceptive. It's a motherfucker because as Lake and the tests, Cleveland is a ghettle like up there, it ain't no in between. But out here you could be in a place that looked suburb in its head and look nice, but you be smacked there in the middle of the hood like California is nice. It's like if you a homeless nigga, or if you ain't first, ain't got no money, and you sleeping in your jacket. You know what I'm saying, You got the winner you're dealing with. There ain't no money up in that motherfucker. At least out of here. You can work a monkey hustle out here, nigga, go get him a job at motherfucking Walmart working at night, or a job it's a security guards some fucking where in Cleveland. If it ain't cracked, it ain't cracked. You ain't got no choice but either hook or crook.
Speaker 1: When we first touched down out here, we touched down in Mansfield, in Mansfield Hood, you know what I mean. And to me, that shit looked a nice yeah what I'm saying. So we walking to the store to go get bruise and things like that, We're thinking it's okay. But niggas cornered us, you know what I'm saying. They like, Man, if you're gonna be around here, you got to claim something, nigga like, we gotta protect you. And what I'm like, I'm like, Man, we ain't gonna be here long. We rappers, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but like the decept like you know, the projects in Cleveland look like the projects out here, Like every California, cantif is beautiful out Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, I used to think man living up and I used to think man when I used to go visit homies that live different places. I would go up to like Bedford in different places, Shaker Heights. I thought that shit was nice. I was like, man, they rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go up there. I mean you don't. We don't even go up there. You're scared to get pulled over up there, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying. But out here in California, dog, that's the thing, everything is is nice, man like. Cause I was in I came to Long Beach in eighty eight, right, And the only thing that was when I started realizing it was the same kind of was the sack. You know what I'm saying. Everything was about the sack at that time. You getting you a sack, man, You getting on with a zone or a fifty piece you know, fifty piece of a zone.
Speaker 4: You hustle, Yeah, start hustling, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we we ain't know what to expect. All we knew was minutes to society, you know what I'm saying, watching y'all niggas on the movie. So we we ain't know. You know, all we heard was the gang, the uh, the riots had just went down and all that shit. So when we got out here, we ain't know. We didn't know, you know what I'm saying. So this California I'm from Cleveland. Phone. I just to let everybody know. I left Cleveland. I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 3: You was like me. I was seventeen when I first came.
Speaker 1: Out, forty nine this year. You know what I'm saying. So the rest of my years, I've been out here in California embedded mean, So I'm a Cleveland, California.
Speaker 3: Nigga exactly, maniggas I came. Man, I ain't lot. Last time I went to the crib though, I couldn't do no more. I can't do past a week when I do, Man, you can't. I can't do past a week because you see it.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I love California though, no shit, Ye it's the shit.
Speaker 4: What's the longest you stayed when you went back home?
Speaker 3: You know what? Man? Once I make my runs and go cause I got ainties, Man, that's getting up in the eighties and stuff. So I try to make at home a little bit more frequently. I could do a week though once because I got a big ass family. Once I hit the family in Cleveland, then I go out to Akron and all that stuff that looks around area. I might hit Columbus if I got time. Once I do that and see everybody straight though I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: It's too slow, my dude, Yeah it's slow, man. And then you know, like we still bringing the opportunities there, you know what I mean, Like you know they like, well, you know, do it from home doing, but all the resources is here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exact line. Because one of the things y'all did there was a big deal man, and I was really hoping that it took. When y'all built Most Thug Records, y'all actually a base it in Cleveland, And I thought that was dope because I had, you know, my people hit me in the sign. You know, bone got a record company. We go try to I know niggas was talking about. I know y'all state got y'all lobby, state full of people trying to submit demos.
Speaker 1: Didn't Yeah, man, most the headquarters was wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, What made y'all decide to just keep it in Cleveland?
Speaker 1: I mean back then, the mission was to come out here to be something, to make some of ourselves, to bring it home anyway, you know what I mean. Like we wanted to go home to make a difference, you know what I mean. But we just didn't know how much work that really didn't entail you know what I'm saying, Like, it's like nothing, nothing was there. So it'll probably be a generation after me before we get it all the way built up because we started from nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah for real, man, that's why. So because Cleveland, man almost like had the worst look in the world.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We lost the football team, man, you know what I'm saying. Remember when dude took the football team out to see I really cried when that happened, my nigga.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, we always hurt, man.
Speaker 3: I was mad. Then the motherfucker to Browns, and then the niggas fucked around and won a championship like a few years later.
Speaker 1: I was same year year Baltimore won a chat won a championship.
Speaker 3: I felt like that should have been all harsh, like they kind of me just did what the fan base. What happened? Bro, I'm gonna tell you something about Cleveland.
Speaker 4: You as a nigga who was you know from the streets, born and bred Cleveland.
Speaker 3: What happened? Man? I think it's a combination of poverty, man, and lack of opportunity. You know, because you think about it, man, that bone wouldn't have made their trip out here. Ain't nonna tell y'all possibly could have got picked up by somebody in New York. But I can't picture y'all on no other label other than ruthless, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We had a choice, though, we could have went to the East Coast. It was closer.
Speaker 4: We was a coin flipp or was it like that going to the West Coast?
Speaker 1: It was y'all nigga. Y'all had this like we was coming to California because of easy E, because of eight you know what I'm saying, because of shit Snoop had just started, you know what I'm saying. So doctor Dre like that whole influence that, Like we was influent Cleveland. We was influenced by everything. But when the West Coast hit, niggas had on dickies. Yeah we was. We was California because we was on the block selling dope. So oh man, here it was like that's where I want to be.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah, you got the same bug I did, man, And I think.
Speaker 4: You didn't get the East Coast bug at all.
Speaker 3: Sted you know what, No, I messed with East Coast music heavy man, But I always saw myself, like I told you when I heard six in the morning and Ryan Page and all that. Man, I said, that's that sound exciting to me. I ain't trying to go somewhere else where it's cold like it. He is here because my thing was this, if I'm gonna go somewhere and struggle, I'm gonna be where it's hot at and I can get some money. Absolutely, you feel what I'm saying. It's like, if I'm gonna go to New York, you fuck around, you might have a stretch, my nigga, you might have to sleep in the car or some shit a few nights. I'd rather sleep in the car out here. And this motherfucker talked and be in Ohio or New York's.
Speaker 4: So crazy, how something? You know the paths that some niggas took. You know what I'm saying, be cause y'all being all the way up there, being right there by New York, y'all decided to come here. My man Primo, who was from Texas, who was a hop skipping and jump from Cali, he decided to fight it.
Speaker 3: But see going to New York. Check this out there. If Primo don't hook up with Guru, he might not ever become Primo you feel what I'm saying. He might not right, but you know, I think at the end of the day, man, it be divine intervention. Man. I very much believe in God, man, and I think sometimes God got a plan and he'll plant little breadcrumbs along the way to let you know this, because it's just a feeling, like when I heard Ice Tea that I could picture myself out here rolling down motherfucking crensh Off or whatever that was. And you have a choice. Why, Brod, did you have a choice? You know what, man, I could have went because I played football. That was a little way out I could have went. My grades is messed up. I could have went to a little school in Kansas called Coffeeville. And I know they took me on a trip down there, and all I saw down there was fat white girl's dog. No offense to fat white women, but they was down and they had a tail.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be waiting out with a gang of pies to throw in your faces.
Speaker 3: But you know, you know, I want them a little recruiting trips, so to speak. And they had a little party and I went down there. They had a bunch of robust women, robust white women.
Speaker 4: They have healthy females.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. And they had some fruit punch and some potato chips on the table and I was like, man, I don't know, man, it's even more boring than Cleveland. Mant least Cleveland ain't boring. You like it, it's the wrong ship, But you're get into something this generic.
Speaker 4: They had tato chips and.
Speaker 3: Fruit Yeah, so either I'm gonna pick potato chips and fruit punks. Well, I'm gonna go out there to with the beach at and the wear. Look exciting that I'm going out this sighting scene because they ain't you know, I'm going to exacy. They ain't bringing niggas on the recruiting trips. You know, I just knew from what I saw on TV. Nigga, I'm going out to where the palm trees at the girls bacon.
Speaker 4: You just picked the JC and said, fuck it, I'm headed that I'm.
Speaker 3: Coming to Long b C. And it was the best thing I ever did in my life. Shout out the coach, will Shaw. This man changed my life, you know what I mean? Man changed my life. Man. I wound up doing some incredible things coming to California that I know for sure. Would have been impeded in Cleveland by a number of things. First of all, we got to go back to the lack of opportunity. I would have for sure been selling because all my homeboys went on to become some of that state's biggest d boys. You feel what I'm saying. They was really moving some things and along that came to them. Niggas going during penitentiary time. Shout out to my nigga, Teddy, he just came home. He was just out of here, the one I brought to the show in La Okay. You know, me and him the when I we first started hustling. Me and him was hustling together. But I said, I don't know if this is what I want to do full time, my nigga, but he was even then you saw in his eyes we made that first fifteen hundred two. He was like, man, this is zip right here. You stupid for leaving, you crazy for leaving. And he was a better football player than me, for real. My niggas they wanted both of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, niggas was throwing it away man out there in Cleveland. But you know that that state right there, you know he got the Supreme Court. You know what I'm saying, like, you guys sold it the police in Cleveland and Ohio period. You know what they say about Ohio. You go on vacation, you leave it on probation, because they they want a nigga. You go, they gonna, they gonna, they gonna get you with a ticket somehow. That's why I got out of there, because I tried to go home and live home and all that. But when you got like when you when you got the more money and you driving bens and this that, and you're standing out sticking out like a sore thumb. Every time I pulled out my driveway, they was boom boom, just trying to hit me, you know, keeping me, keeping me in the system. I was like, so I might as well go where a drop top five hundred bens is average, you know what I'm saying, So I can blend in so that that that was the benefit for California for me, because the lifestyle you can spread out out here.
Speaker 4: You know what I thought that, you know, looking at you know, where y'all had the status, you'd have thought in some way they would have been kind of proud to you know, for sure, you know, we got some local boys who'd have made it good, and I mean made it good. You know, as far as music is hip hop is concerned, y'all was on the map, as far as Cleveland is concerned. And you would think that the local motherfucking law enforcement motherfucker would be like, oh, that's bone. Thuh, that's lazy bone. You know what I'm saying. Them niggas, we know he ain't. We know he ain't no d boy, We know he ain't gang banging and nothing like that. This motherfucker made it from the music, so and he's got us on the status. But you know, haterism coming all kind of shapes and shit was.
Speaker 3: The worse than the people they're supposed to love.
Speaker 1: You man, it was like fifty to fifty. You know what I'm saying. You had the niggas that gun hope police they'll give me an escort home if I'm drinking and something like that, But then his partner might be prejudice as hell, like fuck this nigger. We've taken men and like they but that's how it is prejudiced like that.
Speaker 3: Especially man with the mentality that the white folks. That's what I tell brothers here, I say y'all ain't really encountered no racism out here because out here a motherfucker see you and behave and go have drinks. But you getting this car fucking nigger because it's just a little bit more progressive out here. You know, you can't. Racism is frowned to punt out here. But back there you got some white boys to tell you, I don't fuck with your kind nigger.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's they see you.
Speaker 3: They say diddy as nigger.
Speaker 1: And to this day though, like they it's just born and bred. When you raised like that, what I'm saying, like when your parents put that in you. You know what I'm saying, it's hard to It's hard. Like I even had friends that, you know, when I went to school, we was cool as hell. But afterwards, you know, being on the West Side, I couldn't go over their house or nothing like that because they parents. You know, I'm just like, you know, they just didn't make this.
Speaker 3: How it was, especially with the busting program even and they a's crazy, they kept it going because I was busted to the West Side. When I was in elementary, I went to Thomas Jefferson, No not Thomas Jeffers went Thomas Jefferson for junior high. I went to Clark Elementary for elementary, right and right across from Clark. Yeah, you went to Clark.
Speaker 1: I went to Clark.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was a white supremacist thing right across the street from Clark Elementary. I don't know if it was still there when you was there, but that's just how it was. Yeah, they let you know. Man. Oh man, I had a girl, Becky tell me. She said, Norman, you're really nice. But my my mom says that black people are monkeys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean they That's that's one thing about you know. That's why I like it here, you know what I'm saying, because you got you got, you got everybody, man, all this melting pot here California. But that's why people start migrating West a long time ago. Anywhere.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, you can make it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: The thing is Cleveland, man, Unfortunately, Man is a place that's marrowed by extreme poverty and the conditions don't make it no better. You know, you're fighting the bad ass weather, right, and then you got to just good old fashioned just haterism. Man, it's hard to wear if you a person that don't attain a certain thing in your life. You gonna have people mad at you for no reason. Man, it felt like they should have been you, like, like seriously, it's the weirdest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't get me wrong. I got love for my city, like I love Cleveland to death. Look my heart, that shit rough. We ain't gonna front.
Speaker 4: I've done playing these shows in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, yeah, Cleveland for But Cleveland put something inside of you, though. Dog, if you if you a hustler, Cleveland like give a like you just. I don't know no niggas, the slackers from Cleveland, anybody I know from Cleveland, they trying to get it, man, because they understand what poverty is. It's like every day, dog, I don't. I never allowed myself to get comfortable, no matter how much money y'all got in the bank or whatever, because I know, with just a few twists and turns, man, you could be on your ass somewhere. Man, you be right back in that motherfucker dog looking at the niggas you went to elementary school with.
Speaker 4: I think that's any niggas mentality or any person period, male or female. Man, if you just born with that, you know, go get mentality. It's hard to stop trying to find the next hustle, you know what I'm saying, or the next you know, job, or the next come up or whatever it is. That that's for simple minded motherfuckers who are settled with just where I am.
Speaker 3: In old way, you can't you can't never get content. Man. You know one thing I wanted to ask you about. Man, at the time you came out here with Ruthless, Man, your easy was really up close and personal with y'all. Did he ever take you to the house in Norwalk? Man? That house is legendary. Bro.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, that house is Nordwalk. That's that's where we used to go, Like he would have other artists come out of town. We was big drinkers, like you know what I'm saying, And he was like, y'all niggas can't drink more than these niggas. We'll tear that nigga house up. We been that montherfucker drunk. This nigga got eight k's everywhere, just you know what I mean. Yeah, but Northwalk that's where we used to go get to do what we wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ralph the Free where was real? Little key Man shot up at the homies skipping twine, Big Twine, Big Twine. Yeah. They had me over there man, one time when I never saw I never knew that part of time. You know, being a Northwalk you don't think, man, all kind of bras over there.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah. Yeah, we used to go over there, man, and just like he'll be showing us, that's when I over there. That's how we found out he was a prankster too, you know what I'm saying. So he would show us video tapes of him pranking CPO, and you know what i mean. We spent a lot of nights in Northwalk, man. That shit was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you know what I still think man to this day, not to try to hash up no controversy or nothing. I don't think the Easy died of age. I just don't think he did. I don't believe he did. I've had family members to suffer from that disease, you know, and forces not a lot of them, but I've seen people go through that, man, and you just don't go to being diagnosed it's for full blown age and never had HIV, you know what I'm saying. It was too much about that, man.
Speaker 1: I know one thing in America. We can't put nothing past nobody, you know what I'm saying, Like definitely because if they want you up out of there, like I still think, you know, tupacin Biggie situation, when as far as it did, because that that boy was so politically in his mind where he was going, they probably got rid of them niggas. You know what I mean. They probably know they know how to get rid of you. You know what I mean. They killed off a whole generation of smart men, from Malcolm to Martin.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You can't put nothing past you.
Speaker 4: You got to watch yourself.
Speaker 3: And when you start talking about the Malcolm in the marks Man, it ain't nothing for them to touch a rapper dog, it ain't.
Speaker 1: I mean, they shut the panthers down, you know what I'm saying, Like infiltrated us, put crack in our neighborhoods, you know what I mean, got our parents all fucked up. Saint God hip hop came along because we would all been fucked up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. Man, It'd have been in real bad times. Man.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine with no hip hop? Well, a lot of niggas would be right now.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, we would I know I wouldn't be here, man, it'd.
Speaker 3: Be a whole bunch of people in penitentiary. Dog, Yeah, a whole bunch of kets in the graveyard.
Speaker 4: He's a more dead, lot of more dead niggas, a lot of more niggas in the pen you know, because it gave even though like I said, it's still connected niggas with the streets, it gave a lot of niggas an opportunity to change their lives as far as uh poverty and the kids and you know, being able to be around your children. You know, we we grew up a lot of single fathers and shit like that, and like you said, a lot of dope was introduced and all that shit. So we learned a hard way our generation. You know, not that our parents then, you know, you got slavery and all that shit that our great grandparents and all that had to but going through the gang shit, niggas popping at you and trying to sell dope and taking penitentiary chances, we had some fucked up shit to go through too that we had to try to make it out of. You feel me. So hip hop did that for a lot of niggas, man.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm gonna tell you something, Man, professional athletics and music has been the thing for the black community. Man. I just want to see a time, man, at where we start expanding beyond that. Man, Because like I tell everybody, when people talk to me about want to do a podcast, I said, why don't you want to become a producer. Why don't you want to become a person that want to learn how to work the cameras, how to edit through what the things? It's too many people doing podcasts, odds of you breaking into that industry. It's almost like the new record deal Dog. Definitely odds. Odds are very slim as you ran the label Dog. It's hard. It's hard just just to come up in something, man and just make millions of dollars. And I think a lot of times, man, when you in places like Cleveland, Compton and wats because they all the same places, Dog, just different climates. I think it's hard for a kid to see that because a kid see his mom and daddy going to work every day and they still don't got nothing. That's not attractive. But you're looking at the dope man outside and he got the deep dish datings on his ship man, he got a pocket full of money. Man, he just looked he looked fresh. Dog.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're twelve years old. We used to play that's my car, that's my car. Real, that's my car, that's my car.
Speaker 4: That should influenced that. I mean it influenced a lot of us who felt like we wanted a better situation from what we was in. You feel me. I mean my pops worked, you feel me. He worked at General Motors, went to work nine to five or whatever. Moms did the same thing. Shit. We we wasn't living in no you know, we didn't have no Mercedes bends in the driveway. We had an average car. We didn't live in motherfucking Beverly Hills or or fucking Baldwin Hills, or even fucking Lakewood for that matter. You get me. We lived in fucking Compton. Not that Compton was bad, because I loved it, But that's what, you know, we was faced with. You know what I'm saying. When you turn around and you look at the nigga down the street, God damn, this nig got a brand new motherfucking truck o' goddamn Dayton's And wait a minute, the nigga got a lo lo too. And then wait a minute, the nigga got this too, hood and that too.
Speaker 1: Last summer he was on the bus man.
Speaker 4: The niggas got motherfucking you. You look at that and be like, well, shit, you're looking at your parents and you know it. That's if if you had that motherfucker or your hard work mentality, you know, you get what you paid you. You know that type of shit. Tell you somewhere you looked at the nigga down the street who had all this shit, and he was out there on the corner pitching. That was your influence. My influence wasn't to go punch no motherfucking clock like I saw moms and pop slavery. They was coming home with backs hurting and knees hurting.
Speaker 3: I tell you right now, dog, I tell my kids and people don't misjudge for what I'm about to say, because you should take your lazy ass to work to provide for your family. But do that while you're building towards a dream. I told all my kids, y'all don't need to think of getting no jobs. Don't go to school, used to get no job because a job it motherfucker. Let you go at any time. That's almost like a sucker bed.
Speaker 4: Almost.
Speaker 3: You work somewhere for all your life, man, and then by the time they tell you can retire now to retirement age done went up two years every time every year since I came out of high school. You can't retire to you damn in sixty seven and seventy now, so you think about it, you can from work some motherfucking place for all your life. Dog at seventy, you come home for a few years and you done. Yeah, while making another motherfucker rich. Now he don't provide it for you know, you got a pay check out of that dog. But I just always aspired for more.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I can tell people to find you a telling what you're good at. It ain't necessarily gotta beat it, you know, rapper, no podcast, no actor or nothing like that. But you could beat the nigga that clean cars, the detailed car is real good on your own detailed shop. You can't never fire yourself, my nigga.
Speaker 4: Yeah, having that, having that mentality is it's hard for a young nigga or a young kid who's eleven or twelve coming up in poverty in the struggle. When I'm watching the niggas on the block every day, and then I'm seeing police shit and I'm seeing niggas get smoked from my block. It changes your mentality, you know what I'm saying. You want to strive for, you know something better. But like I tell niggas, you know, as a kid, you all you have those dreams you give me. When I was a kid, I didn't think I was gonna be no rapper, actor, podcast, motherfucker you give me. I thought I was gonna be like any other typical kid. I'm be a policeman, i'ma be a fireman, i'ma be a doctor, lawyer, whatever. And then the more you see poverty kick in and you like, well, shit, I ain't got no new motherfucking nikes own, and moms ain't buying me this. And then especially if your parents split and now you got single moms at home, and now really shit is like low income and shit your aspects of like nigga, I ain't finna be no motherfucking doctor or lawyer. Shit, I'm barely finna make it out. The nigga niggas down the street shooting every night. Who says I'm finna make it out of here, and then next thing, you know, you claiming the hood and then you running in with the police every day. Nigga. I'm like, nigga, I'm gonna be in praison some fucking well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm gonna tell you who the influences are now. When we was kids, it used to be the dude down the block, you know that hustles over with. Now that's gone, right, I'm gonna tell you what it is now. The rappers that they see on TV, the images that these cats portray, and it's real destructive because a lot of these rappers don't have the money that they claim, especially not the new ones just come in the game. You've living off of advance, bro, and that jury is more than likely rented or you know what I'm saying. It's all props, dog. But we project these images man to the community. Right. It's almost like dangling the steak in front of pit bulls. Right. So they kids want that now, so they gonna do whatever. And the Internet has made it to where any nigga can become famous or at least get five minutes of fame. For a minute, you can get attention, right, So you got some people, man, that's willing to do whatever they have to do to get attention. They gotta go in and tell a lie about you or him or me or whoever. I look at all do it. I look at all these people now on the internet. I was just saying this ship myself the other day. Mofucker will do anything to just be somebody. Nowadays, you get me.
Speaker 4: You see everybody going, uh, what do they call themselves now?
Speaker 3: Content creasy?
Speaker 4: What the fuck is that? And then half the motherfuckers who call themselves content creators ain't doing nothing but walking around showing themselves. And I'll be like, mofucker will do anything today the lines about somebody else telling lies, and I'm gonna eat some shit, I'm gonna wear some shit. I'm gonna get on here, like there's so many people that just get on the internet just act foods and ship for attention. You get me like, man, I'm i'm, I'm, I'm a fucking I'm I'm. I'm gonna feel me and my husband in the bathroom getting dressed and pulling pranks on each other.
Speaker 3: I saw I saw bro Not to cut you off, but I saw broad Man. They said this chick make a million dollars a month, letting niggas watch her sleep.
Speaker 4: It's just like everybody wants to be Like I ain't man at that though, dog, I want everybody wants to be famous today, man, or be somebody like you you don't have. You don't hear too many motherfuckers like oh, I want to become a teacher or an educator, or I want to become a motherfucking lawyer, or I want to be Everybody wants to be a YouTube content creating sensation nowadays.
Speaker 1: Get me, I think I think, man, I think it's just it's everything changed, like because I think back when I was a kid aspiring to be a rapper, you know what I mean. Like today it seemed like the main primary reason why niggas want to rap it is to be famous. It's to be seen even more than get the money to move to mama out the house to you know, to take care of the family. It's like niggas just need to be seen more Like when I was growing up, it was like, Okay, I want to be the best rapper. You want to have skills, you want to be able to tell stories, you know what I'm saying. Like you wanted like being a rapper was it was being somebody. It was like it was like a tool that got you out of the hood. Now, like you know, we wanted we wanted to rap to get out, to take care of moms, to to get out the motherfucking hood period. Now niggas want to rap and go straight back to the hood. You know what I mean. It's like or they put on for the hood. You know what I'm saying, Like it ain't it's not a real purpose in being an entertainer no more. It's like, like you said, they just want to be seen.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Still as a kid, what did you inspire to be?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: As a kid? You know what, Brake, I'm sure it wasn't like I'm gonna be producing hip hop records or I'm gonna be a podcast. Oh no, that you inspire to be as a child.
Speaker 3: You know what I wanted to be when I was a little kid, Man, I used to be able to draw really good. Okay, I wanted to do cartoons when I was a little kid. I really wanted to do I want to do that all the way up into college until I saw how much especially the technology wasn't like it is today. You know, in order for you to get in the cartoon work man, you had to go to four or five different schools. Like when you get your backs threat, you got to go off here and learn something. You might have to fly off of here to China or Japan for a year, learn to do this, depending on what you want to do, you know what I mean. But I wanted to really be an artist. Dog. I always like lean toward the arts, you know what I mean. But I never had even though I played football, I never really had aspirations on being a professional athlete, so to speak. I just always especially back then, because believe it or not, football players just getting the way they're making good money. Back then, when I was coming out, I think the league minimum one hundred thousand a year. I knew motherfuckers that was getting jobs that was better than that. And I always thought about the financial aspect. My knees was hurting and back hurting all the time. I was like, man for one hundred dollars, man getting whacked on fo a hundred thousand. They got me fucked up. It wasn't ready for the turches. Oh no, man, And I was really good. I was good.
Speaker 1: I wanted to play baseball man. I wanted to play baseball like nine eight seven eight nine, and I wanted I wanted to be I wanted to be Michael Jackson. Okay, you know what I'm saying. I wanted to be him. Then I wanted to be ll cool J. You know what I mean. And then when I started getting like you know, I really start selling dope and I caught a couple of cases, I wanted to be a lawyer, know what I'm saying. So you know, life delp me what it dept me. But I did aspire to do other things besides music, you know, sports music. I aspired for that, but I knew if all that would failed, I probably would have became an attorney or something.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like the youth now, like they and like you said, I don't be a mo fucking rapper, niggah artist, fucking baseball player, fucking you know what I'm saying. I want to be a rapper. I think that is why when I had my son, I pushed for something else. He gus already knew that rap bug on hit him, especially with the artists that they have today and his generation in the youth. And you know, you got the eighteen nineteen year old motherfuckers riding around in the rolls Royces and all this shit that was gonna influence him if he saw that shit every day. So automatically, it was like, nah, nigga, we getting outside you nigga from from the age of three years old until I could stick it in your brain. You get me, it's gonna be something else. Besides, and he used to detour a little bit. Hey Dad, you think I can And how do you do this? And how do you do that? Work the microphone? Because I used to have my equipment set up. How do you work the microphone? Nigga. I took all that shit down because I didn't want him to get influenced by this shit that I know is a fucking headache and it's a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: You get, man, every kid, I know, Man, it's in the business. Man in any park, they discouraged their kids. My son, Man, he played professional football, right, but it seemed like he more interested in going into the music industry. And here I'm like, man, you're playing professional football. Lead that stuff alone, man, And I finally told him, if you can work in the industry, you can get a real job. So hook them up with my boy. It was up in the Universal Building. I said, you not doing all this trying to go develop an artist and find you messed round and lose every penny you got, man, exactly, you fucking around because it's hard, man, it's not no guarantees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I pulled my kids into this shit early that, but that was me out here thrive having him so young, you know what I'm saying. Out here thriving doing having him everywhere I was. So you know, now my oldest son, like my younger sons, they won't it. They love this shit, you know, my oldest son, and he won't it. They love it too. But he was around it so much as a kid that he shy away from it sometimes. And like now, you know, he do his trade and you know, different things that he do, educate hisself, Like you know what I'm saying. So I think when you put him in they're too young, they gonna kind of bag up from it. Anyway.
Speaker 4: It'll burn you out, especially with the transition of how shit going today. That's why I says, as a kid, you gotta have some you know, some other solid inspirations, you know what I'm saying. To want to become you know what I'm saying, And no disrespect to the talent and people who you know chasing that dream. I just feel like with the way it is right now, like I said, kids should be inspired to become something other than the next hip hop star or the next whatever. You know what I'm saying, get you some kind of education to where when this shit starts nagging you, you got something else to fall back on besides trying to be the next Oh well, shit, I gotta be a content creator, or I gotta I gotta start a only fans or I gotta you know, well.
Speaker 3: From what I see today, bro, my only problem is that if now, if a kid got talent, Man, if a kid is talented, and a lot of times the apple do fall for far, don't fall far from the tree.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes if a niggas he don't been seeing his daddy rap since he's been in the crib, he go more than likely possess some kind of lyrical tenacity, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, is he gonna have the sudden success?
Speaker 3: Is he gonna have the same success and now today to become a rapper dog it's about every thing that's outside of music that's go actually get a motherfucker to invest some money into you. So now you got the girls that's out there doing whatever. They just doing whatever. They trying to outdo each other. They saying the craziest stuff ever on records now and I don't I know, we've been on that lately, so I don't want to go back on that tarbet, but it just seemed like to me that they almost It's like these little niggas aspire to almost go to prison, my nigga. It's like they get on like you see a cat like young thug that's making all the money he was making. Now he in this situation man, where this man might be in jail for the rest of his life. It's like, okay, so you struggled to get here, only to go back to here to become worse, my nigga.
Speaker 1: So I believe. I believe that. I believe that the the artists, you know what I'm saying, like these days, the artist is uh, it's changed. Tanning alone ain't just gonna get it. You can be the dopest nigga, you know what I mean. It's probably ten It was probably ten. Jordan's on the playground. But why that only one make it? Because he knew, he understood his books, he knew with his schooling. You know what I'm so, Now, I feel like you have to have a business some type of business degree if you're gonna be a rapper. So you know what I'm saying. You need to take accounting. You know what I'm saying, Like all these a rapper now, it ain't just us putting words on paper. You gotta run a whole full business. So you just coming to the mic because you could spit that don't mean nothing. Everybody rap? So but can you manage your career? You know what I'm saying, Like I manage myself. I've been managing myself, but I've been reading my own contracts. You gotta understand the wearing tools, the foe and withs and the hearing tools in your contracts. And you gotta be able to dissect your contract. Okay, you like your clothes your brand now? Now, a rapper is a brand, you know what I'm saying. So how do you manage that brand? If you can't, if you don't under standing different aspects of your shows, of your lawyers if you don't know how to deal with every aspect of your business, then you're not gonna make it in this You might get a one hit song, but you ain't gonna last.
Speaker 3: So and even if you do have a team some kind of success, you gonna be everything gonna be gone by the time you've done. You ain't gonna have no money.
Speaker 1: Because if you don't have a team, you know what I'm saying, if you take advantage, I don't know, if you don't know it, that team would rob the shit out you.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. This man right here is the primary example of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been robbed. I've been shook down to my socks, you know what I'm saying. Like, so I'm really speaking from experience, you know what I mean, Like had it all came in first checked eighty thousand dollars, blew that, you know what I mean? When did shit that wasn't that was easy to blow? You know what I'm saying. But we all did that because we had you know, But over time I learned this. But now I feel like if an artist, like when I'm looking at artists, like I know, a couple of dope ass niggas get on the mic and kill it. Dumb as rocks though, you know what I'm saying, Like, nigga, you're going you're going straight to jail. I'm not feeling you a liability, right, you know what I'm saying. So like that's how if somebody gonna put some money behind you, they need to see other than you just raping. They need to know that you know, you're wise enough to control whatever that investment is. You know.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this bro, coming from the place we come from, man, y'all established more thug records, man, and y'all put a lot of people from the city on. You know how many people was mad at you that you didn't put them on because you can't you can't put the whole neighborhood on.
Speaker 1: I mean, niggas was mad period, you know what I'm saying. Even the ones put a couple the worst thousands of dollars in the pockets, you know, and then they mismanaged their money and do they you know, spent their ship how they spent it. But now and now you know, you try, you try to do something helpful, and here it is. It's a hinderance to you because you don't put an uneducated person on that went blew. They shit and now it's your fault.
Speaker 3: And and they don't understand they have to pay that money back you initially.
Speaker 1: Gave them right, get that exactly.
Speaker 3: And a lot of a lot of them records y'all was putting out Man was going gold and platinum because it feature gold and platinum people prominently on them albums. Y'all really got behind them. Martis, y'all used to throw them out there. Y'all was on every record down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean one way bus tickets from Cleveland, Ohio out here, living homeless out here, you know what I mean? That was the sacrifice, you know what I mean? Like niggas didn't understand that we made that sacrifice for them, right, you know what I mean, three day bus ride, not knowing what you're gonna eat or who you gonna stay or what. You know what I'm saying, or that was they didn't have to do that. I opened the door and let him in, you know what I'm saying. Like a couple of my artists still thriving off what they got from me, A couple of my artists still blaming me for what they didn't do, right, twenty years ago. You know what I mean, But you gotta look at the man in the mirror. I mismanaged my money. I ain't blame nobody. I just got back on my shit and became quiet and went and studied, you know what I mean, Because I ain't want to be the nigga on but what happened to you dog used to be the man. I ain't want to be that nigga, you know what I'm saying. So I had to learn from myself. So these artists, you put these artists on a lot of times, it don't be worth it because if you're not a well rounded individual, you're not gonna sustain this shit. And sometimes it ain't fun to put on. People gonna blame you, definitely.
Speaker 4: I was just saying that everybody's not probably gonna be as successful as you know. I mean not to mean that we're not gonna work and try and do what we gotta do, but averages, you might not sell ten million albums, you might not sell one million albums. Man, your shit might come out, might do sixty thousand copies. People work mysteriously like that when they come to music. You know what I'm saying. I could like this motherfucker, not like that motherfucker. No disrespect. You get me, But I don't like that shit as much as I like this. So that's just that's just people's flavor, man. And it's unfortunate that you know, you might consider a motherfucker the friend or the homie that you're trying to put on because you believe in their talent. And but I can't make a motherfucker by your record.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You get me. I can only talk to the radio so much and be like, hey, man, play this for me, play this for me. But at the end of the day, cost effective. You know what I'm saying. I can't do for you what easy and Ruthless did for me. You get me as I'm a try. You get me. That's my whole intent. But let's face it, this this rap game, man is That's why I say, Man, I did not want to encourage my son to go into this shit. Who says you're gonna have the success I did. I'd be loved if you was able to shit, if you was able to climb up over me, I'd be very proud, like, Okay, good, great. You know what I'm saying, All the hard work and determination paying off good. Great, But then what happens when you put a motherfucker record out and he sell twenty copies?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You get me whisky?
Speaker 3: Very well? Happening with this dream and shit, I don't understand how that work anyway. But going back to your going back to your you know, contract stuff and everything. A lot of artists say they first deal was unfair. I agree with that in some ways, but then in some ways I don't because somebody has invested some money and you because they don't usually come back and say nothing about the dudes to fail most asks the record company sign or failures. I think it's something only maybe one out of every five actually work out, you know what I mean? They got more failures in the buildings, so they kind of got a overtext the one that does that do make it now? Usually after you sacrifice that first album kind of and you sell some records, you start getting a lot more leverage. But now you're a bankable artist, right did y'all you guys, I assume y'all contract situation after y'all put out East nineteen ainty nine a termal, I'm pretty sure they went back to the drawing board with y'all and figured out some other shit on it.
Speaker 1: We went back to the drawing boards soon as I heard platinum, Like, I was on that, you know, I mean, because our deal wasn't the greatest, but you know back then.
Speaker 4: Whose deal was hell nobody.
Speaker 1: He was like, I'm gonna give y'all a better deal than the dog pound. He like, they getting eight points. I'm like, what the fuck is a point?
Speaker 4: You're coming from where I'm coming from, lazy, Like, what the fuck is the point?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: How much is that? The dollar size?
Speaker 1: I was a point like. He was like, I'm gonna give y'all twelve points. So I'm like, I'm trying to figure out what this point is. So I'm like, okay, twelve percent of one hundred. Yeah, that shit wasn't cool. But he put the money up, he put the videos up, and I had to explain to my niggas, like, man, we need to get in the door because I already knew because I had I had a situation in Cleveland that we had I had got fucked in the contract because the first album we did was called Faces to Death. It was a Cleveland local project, Dolls Repreation Hermy Henderson slew foot fuck face bitch.
Speaker 4: As he Yeah, why do we all got what? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He got one.
Speaker 1: I was sixteen, you know what I'm saying. So I'm thinking I'm getting a record deal. This nigga signed us to a management deal. We give him a whole album. I still I could still sue this dude to this day, but it ain't worth it because I don't like the karma he got to deal with that. But you know, he as a kid, I was already tricked, so I already knew when we got to E, Like, I knew what a renegotiation was, so I'm like soon and then when I heard we was plattinum boom. So we went from a sixteen a twelve point deal to a sixteen point deal, from sixteen to an eighteen, from eighteen to a twenty two. By the time we left Ruthless, we was fifty to fifty with them, you know what I'm saying. So it worked out for me. Busy didn't see it the same way I saw it, you know what I mean. The rest of us saw it like, Okay, we establishing something now, we built some now, you know, and we was cut from that easy to eat cloth. So it was like the doors that was open for us was unlimited, you know what I mean. So that was the reason why we went in and we was we signed the first contract because you got to get in the door. Man. Once you get past the gate, the gatekeepers, then you can probably you know, you can construct your world the way fit now y'all.
Speaker 3: Having so many people in the group, man, how hard was that negotiating man, Because you pretty much got to have everybody in the Greens for it to be popping right right.
Speaker 1: So, you know, we used to have this thing called majority rule. It's five of us, you know what I'm saying, So if three niggas was down, then the other two had to roll. We lost that along the way, you know what I'm saying, because once everybody he got money, it was like, now I'm gonna do what I want to do, you know what I mean. But in the beginning, our little democracy was we're gonna vote if it's three to two, you know what I mean, George, the majority rule, And that's how we was able to keep going without standing there and just you know, and fighting, fighting, fighting and being stagnant. We didn't have to become stagnant because we had an uneven number in our group, you know what I mean, So it always kept the ball rolling.
Speaker 3: That worked. Man, it had been cool if y'all could have saw that, man, Because I'm not gonna lie, and I ain't saying this. It's no Cleveland stand But when I first saw y'all, man, I listened to a lot of hip hop music, got no hip hop inside it out, you know, and I'm a fan first, you know what I mean. I really felt like y'all was so unique, man, and wasn't nobody like y'all. I really say it, man, these dudes go fuck around and be like the fucking Beatles, a hip hop dog. I really I saw that, man, and I think, Man, somewhere along the way, man, like you said, the inconsistency started kind of coming in, you know, like I would see some crazy records that just didn't make sense, you know what I mean, Like, Okay, this dude over here doing these records with this dude and I black man, the motherfuckers is too big for that. Man, Where do you think that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Why is it so hard to keep that cohesiveness?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what I mean, Because Man, when money come into play, man, niggas just always that man, you know, because in the beginning, you know what I mean, it was like our shit was more control. Like I worked at KFC, I sold dope, I went to school, I set up our talent shows. I did a lot of that stuff, you know what I mean. Like, so we didn't have a lot of money, but a lot of that money came from me, you know what I mean. Like I'm like, all right, so we gotta get our fits boom. We just you know, a lot of my contribution was to keep the group going. But shit, like I said, our first check a piece was eighty thousand sh That Nigga Busy was with us in Cleveland for a couple of years. He hated Columbus, you know what I mean, That nigga got that check, Nigga, that nigga was out, that nigga went straight to Columbus. Were like, where's this? You know what I'm saying. But that's what money do. It gives you power to do. You don't have to listen, We don't have to sit down and mastermind together, you know what I'm saying. Like I got my own ideas and then you got other people. They got ideas that didn't have nothing to do with the original idea. And now you over here with two people in your ear, I got three in mind, and that's when the wedges start coming in, you know what I mean. But us being family, you know what I mean, we kind of leaned on each other. That's why we still here today. We was more of family orientated, you know what I mean. So when the wedges came down, one of us always knew, like, oh, we got to pull it back together. So if it wasn't me, it was it was flesh, you know what I'm saying. If it wasn't flesh, it was big wish, like the fuck that we family, you know what I'm saying. So our family aspect, our parents knowing each other and growing up in the Glenville area together and knowing each other is what helped us stand the test of time.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing. Is I still see y'all touring, man, And like, that's one thing man that always tell artists y'all might not have had the best contract that first album, though, but look at what y'all doing. Man, It's thirty years later.
Speaker 1: Man, we're free agents too, you know what I'm saying. So when we put out some now it's like all that all that come home exactly.
Speaker 3: Yoh, y'all about to get the Masters back to him.
Speaker 1: Masters come back year thirty man, and you know it's gonna be a beautiful So we got, you know, the Masters starting to revert.
Speaker 4: Back crazy some ship that we wrote.
Speaker 1: And we did thirty years.
Speaker 4: It take us thirty years to own our own ship, and we made the ship I got.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: I sat up all night getting high, drinking forty ounces, trying to come up with motherfucking shit to write about. And a nigga just took my ship, right like, nigga, that's that's mine.
Speaker 1: And they still don't want to give it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to go to court for that.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta go get.
Speaker 4: A lawyer and go get it, because they'll just keep selling it and keep flipping it and going, yeah it's thirty years later or what, and they'll keep collecting the money.
Speaker 3: No after I know, after Easy died, man, was it a little hard man, Because see, it's one thing when you're dealing with a cat that you like and stuff may not be all the way right, but that didn't gave you opportunity exactly. Then somebody else come in and take over. Was it a lot of little dissension as far as dealing with Tamika.
Speaker 1: I mean it was you know, Uh I said like this. So when we was working with Easy Eve when he was alive, he just put us in the studio and said, y'all, niggas, give me, give me an album. He didn't over like, look over our shoulder, I want to I want another Cross Rolls. You know, all that shit hadn't happened yet. So he let us do whatever we want. He let us be us, and we came with our ship. By the time Tamika and Uh and Ryan Swains where all the other players came into play. When that happened, it was like they was looking for something, you know what I'm saying. It's like Tamika wanted to tell us how to do our record or which record to do, you know what I mean. Like, and we didn't have that. So we had one hundred freedom with he was alive, and then when he wasn't, we had people trying to tell us how to do our shit. Well, we need another Crossrolls or some of the time. So we okay, we did Crossroads Boom. Now we're gonna give y'all change the world. And now we're gonna get y'all if I could teach so you know, if you look at our songs, it's like seven eight them kind of songs of each type kind of song. You know what I'm saying, Because motherfuckers was looking for the next instead of just letting us, just.
Speaker 4: Just letting us create and come up with our own. Now y'all telling us all, y'all gotta do another Crossroads. You gotta give us another hit single.
Speaker 1: Didn't know Crossroads was gonna be a hit, So while we're chasing that, Yeah, and if you.
Speaker 3: Was being lifted your own device is the first project. I'll just let y'all keep doing all this. Obviously didn't know what they're doing. Let's leave him alone.
Speaker 1: That's what he did. He was like, Okay, I'm gonna get y'all niggas some producers. He put us in the studio with Rhythm D and J Unique, Tony C all these guys. You know what I'm saying. Drake Ghost, we was all in studio with and he would go hind new business. You know, he'd be out there or he'd have he had his office set up over here. All the white people coming in and now he ain't, but he ain't messed with us. He's like, what y'all, let me hear what y'all did, and we'll play it for him, and he'd like it or not like it, you know what I'm saying. But most of the time he liked it. He was hip hop. Y'all write me a verse, No, you gonna write your own shit. He you know what I'm saying, like his and he he really started like he was. He was finn to be a bomb member?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Is that right on? Everything you see? You see the braids to the back, man, you see before he left Earth, man, he was Nigga was braided up, you know, still in the same pendleton wasn't up hot as hell, you know what I mean. But at the same time, it wasn't the curl wasn't the curl was going slowly fading out. I mean that Nigga was a that was e bomb.
Speaker 3: That would have been hard dug, that would have been dope.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was happening, man, Like all that shit happened so fast?
Speaker 3: Did it seems surreal?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: Because sometimes even some like sometimes I've had like my own incredible moments in life to where sometimes I'd just like to slow it down and embrace the moment because I'd be like, man, this shit really happening for me right like right now? Was it one of those type of moments with you?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I mean we we got out to California November twenty third. We left November twenty third, nineteen ninety three. Our first shit came out June twenty fourth, nineteen ninety four, So we didn't hook up with easy E until after until like February, you know what I'm saying. So February March April May we recorded that all about fifteen songs. He put that shit out, He took his album. He was finna put his album out, and if he hadn't did that, when it never came out, he stopped his album, put our ship out. And that was ninety four. He died in ninety five, so we only knew he a little over a year.
Speaker 3: Wow, changed your life that quick, that quick. It was unselfish about it because he said he took he I'm not gonna put my album on. He was a majoritist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and he had some ship because he was feeling he wanted the bomber. He was coming on. He had it for the dog pound. He was coming for them niggas. But he saw talent though this was this for me, was solidified him as an executive visionary. Right that nigga stopped what he was doing and was like, I'm gonna put these guys out as executive.
Speaker 4: That's a difference between a rap executive and a nigga who know the vision. Vision like, it ain't about me being here. These niggas is gonna surpass me. You get me, but I need to go there right now. I'm thinking like an executive because a normal nigga in that position would be like, man, put my record out first. You got a gang of them, got a gang of niggas who call themselves executives. But then they don't think like that. That's why the careers and the successes of their artists don't climb past the motherfucking ant hell because they don't see the vision of going. Man, these niggas is finna be way larger than how you get me. So let me stop my shit. U Let's shoot that shit right here. That was smart. You get me, But like you said, he was a real executive and shit, you feel me. He learned that from being a street hustler. You feel me like, I know what, I know what works are not gonna work. I'm not gonna waste my time with this sack when I know I can get bigger money over here. You feel me.
Speaker 1: He's putting out nw A but still got the where with thor to put out jj FAD exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: J J FAV was this first platinum althum I believe, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean he had all the nigga had at a group called at band Klan with Will I Am when we first came out here. So he had this nigga had all kind of weird artists like he was really like he was on. He was, he was that. I wanted to be that, like, yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Real record fucking label.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like man, like that's what I wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Because y'all was the most important group at that label at that time. Because you gotta remember Dre had left and they was over there doing their thing. When you know, death Row came. They were smashing you know what I mean, they were smashing everything. They was dropping with solid right and he dropped y'all and y'all was that meiga time bomb?
Speaker 4: It was like, yeah, that, for the love of money, was killer, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that, And that was like I was like this, you know, I was around here. She'sing like a mother for you know, every time a Cleveland nigga do something else, I'm like, yeah, y'all, nigga, see, don't start trying to bite the army swag either, nigga. And they from the motherfucking part section of the town.
Speaker 4: I'm from.
Speaker 3: Two niggas home.
Speaker 4: He was watching Drew Carry Man, stop playing.
Speaker 3: I fuck with Drew Carrey Carry.
Speaker 1: On the east side, Yeah, just downtown.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Drew Carry used to suck me and Drew Carrey used to hustle together. Carry had a sec God, nig can tell her to put you all. The price is right there, bigger ship. You try to get all. Drew Carry sold my first zone, the stuff and stuff in front of me, my first zone. You know. But man, you know what dog the thing is when y'all came out, Man, the thing I liked too is that y'all didn't get too heavily invested in the It was all about music because at that time Ruthless was firing back with music. But when Easy did drop this ship, it was impactful.
Speaker 4: Know we we and I could speak on like, even coming from the West Coast, we banged some We banged some bone even like the thuggish Ruggish man. We banged all y'all ship from the beginning. So it was just it was it was just different. It was then as far as hip hop was concerned. You know, you had an East coast ship and then you know, the West coast we had our ship.
Speaker 3: But it was it was something different. Man, I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna tell you a no offense because some of y'all niggas at my homies, but when something new comes, here come the slew of poor man imitations. It was like a bunch of fake bone troops that came out after that. Man, everybody just thought it was about and we were so cold. Some of them dudes was just mumbling they didn't have the Kate and sy right, you know what I'm saying. They wasn't incorporating the melodies and stuff. They was just on that pretty much.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm glad. I'm glad you said that though, because it's like and then and then I really recognized the pattern of how in the street do you you know what I mean? Like, but I recognized it watching Little Wayne though. It was like when Little Wayne hit Bying, that nigga blew up like by itself with everybody had to sound like Little Wayne, you know what I mean. But that's how they did bomb But I was in it. I really couldn't. I couldn't step out and see what was going on.
Speaker 3: It got real corny for a minute though.
Speaker 1: I had to look in hindsight, you know what I mean. Like, But yeah, niggas like a thousand niggas, like every record label, like when Easy Easy E died, Man, everybody tried to steal boonb Thugs in Harmony from Ruthless Records. We was just loyal, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Who was the one? I know was somebody that had to check the heck y'all? Like thinking, like, man, it.
Speaker 1: Was only seven majors I've been at. I've been at every last one of them, you know what I'm saying. So they came in, they beating out, beating our door down for bomb Thugs and Harmony. That's how I got the deal with deaf Jam for Fleshing Bone because he wasn't signed in the group, you know what I mean. And then that's how I was able to parlay the more thugs shit a relativity because they wanted that bone thugs in harmony sound, you know what I mean. Like that, Now we're talking about influence and the contributions that was made to this, to this thing we love. We number twenty one on the Billboard group list right fuck out of here. Everybody got their hair braided, Everybody changed their wrap flow from Mariah Carey to bust Rhymes to name them. Everybody put a little flow, not everybody, but most of like, but the contribute, what I'm trying to say is the contribution, the overall influence, the impact that we brought to the tap. The whole industry tried to come behind. We had to fight the whole industry just to not be drowned out by them bringing imitators to the table and.
Speaker 3: Something y'all brought to the game. I don't know if you noticed, but like I said, I stay this stuff right since y'all came in. It's like the generation this raised was raised off of y'all that might have been little babies and stuff like y'all was almost like the Curtis Mayfields that came in, right, A bunch of kids don't grow up listening to y'all. Not everybody rapping with melodies. Now, everybody's rapping with a melody. Now, you almost can't be a rapper. Now. That's why it's important for rappers like Scarlett to blow up and with the One Girl, the big topic girl from Cleveland, because they bring the straight eggs back to it, like I'm just rapping. I don't got no melodies in my stuff. But everything since then it's almost been like a bone knockoff dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, I mean that that was our contribution. Like Wes, I used to be man, I used to look at those lists like, man, they don't give us our props, but it really don't even matter no more than because you know, we know, like just to look if I turn on the radio and be like, no, I had something to do, just to just to know, like the West the way, the West the way n w A and y'all influenced the game with gangster rap music, you know what I mean. That's how I feel like our melodies had an impact, like to that degree.
Speaker 4: You know, when I hear a gang nigga saying jia on records, you get me, you feel me all. I don't look at it as damn man. All these famous ass Maya motherfuckers be saying jeer and knock one nigga will come out and say, I ain't gonna lie. First person I ever heard say that was eight. You know. Niggas be like, oh shit, I just started saying it. You get me. I don't look at it as I'll just be like, you know something, I know where it started from. I mean, and if niggas, if you look back and check their history from from eighty seven on, I was you know what I'm saying. So everybody came after that it was influenced by it. And if you was influenced by it, cool, I'm I'm glad you used it.
Speaker 1: We said that shit nigga like you, but we knew where. We knew where it came from.
Speaker 4: Some people look some people like, oh yeah, I know, nigga, that's MC eight all day. And then there's some dude who be like, I don't say nothing about it. It is what it is, and.
Speaker 3: I don't want to sound like I'm dissing nobody, so please don't nobody take because I think brothers do what they gotta do to get opportunities. And these labels they saw y'all were successful, so obviously it was like, we need to find we need to find us bone Thugs Harmony because I know at one time it was a prominent Southern rep label that had people on the streets looking for boones. The likes, yeah, I don't want to, you know.
Speaker 4: Talk about it, but they copy, they go copy what's popular? I want to ride what's popular? Movies? Do it all day? You see a nigga make a movie about Vietnam? How many movies different companies that made movies about Vietnam or spaceships or fucking the president getting killed or whatever.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants something that's popular.
Speaker 4: Though, if it were ship, I'm gonna I'm gonna ride. That's how they do it. The world so fat. That's a motherfucking that's what you call it. What's funny about boom Man? It's y'all all got all different personalities, right, because I'm cool with crazy crazy, you know, create a humber, create real reserve.
Speaker 3: He's a quiet dude. You always seem like you was a nigga that was out in traffic. I said, that's the nigga to be out in traffic, probably wiggling with everybody.
Speaker 1: Right, you're the one that you're the wiggling.
Speaker 3: Which seemed like he can't like the doom you know, you know he eat a good at goon. He'd no nonsense. Nigga didn't fire on the nigga, you know what I mean. Flesh seemed like he don't play no type of games, you know what I mean. So it's a it's a certain structure there, but Busy is the wild card. He's the nigga that's go start a fight somewhere he ain't supposed to start a fight at and go talk some shit, to say some shit he ain't supposed to say. I was at the verses, right. I didn't go to the thing though. I didn't go to the actual verses. I was at the hotel. I actually had it is I'm I'm cool with one of my homeboys. Shout out to Uncle Beats down with three six, Right, do a lot of shit with three six. So I was up there fucking with crunchy black Uncle Beats. That's my dog, that's your boy, that's my nigga right there, you know, shout out the boy. I was kicking it with you know, Lola and the other homie, and we was up there talking. They said, why you over here? Still you at Cleveland, nigga? You came to get some intail for your bone people because we about to smash him. And they had all kinds of niggas run through the hotel. I never felt like a little kid again though. But when the homies eight ball MJG came through that motherfucker and you know that nigga mj G. He almost remember that old school movie Willie Danna Mike had that nigga walk down the stairs at that courthouse. That nigga MJG. Don't touch the ground when he walked. He really like he really in character all the time. You know, he coming there, he got two white girls in his arm. He's skipped up in that mother for them. I'm like, oh shit, damn b MJG. And now I said, y'all niggas just gotta pull the cheek code out for all the Cleveland niggas. But they would come by theyself. But then y'all came with some surprises. Did you think it was gonna be one of the moments, man, when Busy tripped out up there.
Speaker 1: I mean, you always gotta expect something to happen, you know what I mean, Just like with that whole Bone thugs and harmony in three six Mafia. The history is so rich and the few was so real, you know what I mean, Like he had to expect something. I mean, but Busy Bone, you know what I mean, that's that's Busy Bone. You never know that he gonna say something, something gonna.
Speaker 3: He motherfuckers to keep playing with me. And I just remember Boo going, Busy you a hater? You would hater?
Speaker 1: Busy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's a piece of boost. Was he a hater because they was ugly or what? Because he said?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I just think that's that's as funny as a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Our jokey backstage was like these ugly mother and this blurted that ship out.
Speaker 4: Was you a hater? Nigga said, you an ugly wild fucking you Just ship was.
Speaker 3: So funny because it seemed like it can't noeork because you ain't know if Busy was playing at first, but then he he was serious than the motherfucker. Yeah, that nigga is passionate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was the words that was exchanged went too far. You know what I'm saying with the nigga Juicy J has said was inappropriate because we don't play that suck my dig ship. This shit crazy like when men say that to me and nigga, that's always gonna I'm from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's the thing. But this man from to a nigga invite me to his dick dog, I might put my steel on his ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And that's why that got out of hand like that, you know what I mean. But you know what I mean, just and I want to add, you know, we talked to them, but were probably about to go on tour. We was about to go on tour with them right after that until boot pass, you know what I mean. So they was they was working on that. So you know what I mean, Like all that shit gets squashed, man, misunderstanding heat of the moment, all that testosterone, all that talent, all that Bravardo up there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You gotta expect something to happen.
Speaker 3: Man, it just goes down like that sometimes. Man. One thing I love about you all niggas though it's no matter right or wrong, y'all always unified up in that motherfucker. Like you know what I'm saying. I said, Man, they probably cut that nigga out on the way home, but they go ride with him. That's how it's supposed to because everybody got that one homeboy that's go act up. Oh definitely, But you gotta ride with him because y'all been front y'all family.
Speaker 1: I mean thing about it is he ares you know what I'm saying, So y'all can't touching.
Speaker 3: That's real ship right out, real ship. Let me ask you this, bro, And you ain't gotta say no names, man, But did you ever see one of them fake bone groups and just laugh, man, and just say this is the worst shit ever? Like what's the worst copy cops? What's the worst knockoff? You don't saying?
Speaker 1: Ah, man, it was. It was just one group out of New Orleans. Them niggas hated us. We ain't know who they was. I didn't even know who they was til about fifteen years later. Like, but they really wanted to be bomb. I don't even know their name, but they know who they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, you don't want to get no publicity like that. Man. Of course you don't want to give him no puz.
Speaker 1: Niggas was weak. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He gave them by saying where they was from.
Speaker 3: Ye, the niggas down there, now they gonna take their little segment to say, see he was the whole time. Already gave him enough lazy boom. We already called them where they was from, So now they gonna be feeling good.
Speaker 4: Nigga said what we was from.
Speaker 1: Dog Nigga can't never call me no hater man. I you know I opened doors for niggas exactly like they can say what they want to say that If that's what you got to say about me, you really don't know me, because you can ask anybody who know me.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, y'all gonna gave it a lot of cats opportunities though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean a whole lot of them because they was given to us. You know what I mean. I'm a nigga Cleveland man who would imagine, like you gotta think ninety three when y'all put our minutes to society. You know how much influence that ship was in my life? You know what I'm saying like y'all like you growing up in the hood, that song nigga right there like we was. That was the and we was living that when we left Cleveland, we was living that like. So the opportunity was provided to us for us to meet Easy Eat from Cleveland. You look to the bride, this nigga drive and I'm shotgun looking like this easy motherfucking Eat.
Speaker 3: It's one of the moments I talk about.
Speaker 1: One time, like when we first seeing y'all all, y'all like nigga we on the West cause we're seeing y'all though, but we're just seeing y'all in the movie. So that and that was unheard of Cleveland nigga like movies and like that shit was a dream, you know what I'm so we was afforded them opportunities, so I try to give it back sometimes though, Bro, you don't see it like you ever bring one of the homies from back of the crib out here though, and just let them hang out, like you know, you got them homies.
Speaker 3: They ain't got no interest in being the entertainment. They just steal your It's still some niggas like that out there that just go always be your nigga, your same nigga. No, I don't want to do nothing. You ain't gotta give me nothing, but I'm gonna come out of fuck with you. And they get out here and get to seeing this shit to be like, man, that was such and such. I bought my homeboy Tad out here a few weeks ago, and he was like, niggas, you just really know all these niggas, don't you just floating around like they said it was regular niggas though they people just like you and niggas just make music.
Speaker 1: I just tell him, like, you see why I'm in California because this is where they at.
Speaker 3: Nigga, Yeah, because it damn she ain't going down to Cleveland. Man, But man, I know I ain't asked you nowhere. I just didn't want to rehash a bunch of the same shit. Man that sometimes people get you all in these interviews. Bad y'all the dumbest shit dog in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that and I hate them type of motherfucking in.
Speaker 3: It's like they just trying to reach instead of having the conversation and letting the shit be natural, They're trying to add. So, man, did you walk in on such and sex when they was doing this and that, you know, they just want to come out the bat with some bullshit.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think this, you know, the conversation of just real niggas. Cond We just try.
Speaker 4: To talk and conversate with niggas and get a little in it, like get a people a little insight about you know, how it was, and just real shit, you know what I'm saying. Because people look for red realism. You know, you come from these places. They just want to hear a little a little bit of history about the same struggle, the same struggle. Yeah, and hopefully motivation. That's to an average nigga. Like you said, we get niggas who listen to us truck drivers motherfuckers who just be chilling. They just want to hear that motherfuckers is normal motherfuckers sometimes, yeah, and hear your perspective on stuff exactly a lot of time niggas don't want to hear like you got a problem with this motherfucker, this conspiracy that happened, or we heard this or we heard man, don't I don't like to do that. That's something I used to tell still about, Like we just got to talk to niggas about and if if it's a connection to the street, you know what I'm saying, we as we as as grown motherfuckers, know how to conversate without having to dig into controversy and bullshit to a to a please a certain narrative.
Speaker 3: You tell you that right now? You know one thing I did want to ask you, though, Dog, They had been talking about these rich white folks, these rich folks that went to the bottom of the oceland. They went deeper than where the whale was going, and that just really governed the news right for most of the week. Right, But you had all these girls missing in Cleveland, right. If you notice is a pattern? Man, if we not care for dog, they gonna fuck around, try to wipe us out one again, because it's all these and they not just doing it to the black girls, but they doing to the Mexican girls. Gang of young ladies missing from Mexico, right, gang of little girls man between nine and fourteen, that was you know, coming across the border, just disappear, right, Same thing happened in Cleveland, same thing happened in Atlanta. Now you notice a pattern, man, anybody they deem is being indispending, You're easily dispensable. They like disappearing.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 3: I think it's something behind that shit, bro.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I'm just gonna say, Man, America, Man, this is America.
Speaker 4: You know where yeah, where the government is set up. And the ship you see, I mean, they give you clues to ship. And we done see enough ship on TVs and the news and conspiracy theories and movies and all to know it's ship that goes down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the biggest cons want to cover it up.
Speaker 4: It's ship that they get.
Speaker 3: It's just if you ever notice, door bro, and check this out, both of y'all, if you ever notice when it be some shit deep going down like that, it's always something crazy to happen, like a mass shooting, like something just crazy happening. It's almost like a distraction, like you know what I mean, It's like they put out all of these distractions man, the media and all that stuff. Right, they put all these distractions out there to distract you from the ship that's real, right. They don't show you about these folks. Don't jump in the boat, you know. I mean niggas down the water every day, my nigga, that they don't the.
Speaker 1: News don't cover right, So look that the submarine thing happened, right, all that, all that coverage, all that media coverage, coverage, coverage, coverage, but they didn't tell you so it was. It was a boat carrying like seeople seven people. Yeah people, they only saved like a hundred of them. But they ain't talk about that. Why because they brown people.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, it's like anybody, I mean, anybody that's not of importance to them.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: They feel like they can get away with it all most and sometimes they hide stuff in plain sight. Like they've been talking. I know you don't like shit, like, but I gotta talk about this is real they're talking about. It's a moon. They don't found another moon that's been following the Earth for the last thousand years, right, and you just discovered it? How you know it's been following the Earth for a thousand years? Then if you just discovered it, right.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't believe no motherfuckers still walking.
Speaker 3: On the moon, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I always look at that picture they showed ers in school. They put the flag in the moon. Is it any oxygen on the moon? How's the motherfucking flag floating?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. It's a lot of little stuff like you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 4: The moon high fuck with that ship, man ain't doing because like I said, when it comes to this thing that we call the government and presidents and fucking congressmen and ship, that's another world that that we know nothing. When you be seeing all these motherfucking shows and secret layers and project xes and all this shit. Motherfucker, they ain't showing you that ship for nothing, So you could be you would be a damn food to believe half the ship they tell you in the news, because it's all too it's all to pull the wall over your eyes or to switch and root tactic you like if you ain't started playing the game and shit and if you ain't paying attention or nigga.
Speaker 3: Move the shell game like But like you said, though, bro, a lot of people don't have the cognitive skills to understand like, ain't no, how's the flag just waving like that? Right? You feel what I'm saying, how's the flag waving? So you got this other thing And then they said that there was a big ass they've been talking about. It's a spaceship or something up there. But I'm gonna tell you, like this bro. It's so much shit that they hired for much Dog. I think if they did tell us the truth, Dog would probably be mass chaos out here.
Speaker 4: Dog in the world.
Speaker 3: We barely hanging on by a thread anyway.
Speaker 1: Dog, it's gonna be mass chaos anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they created yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, because they want to depopularize the earth. They wanted you know what I mean, They want as less people as possible.
Speaker 3: Like they a's gonna be here the monitory. They don't care the dog. I'm gonna tell you something what I notice about white folks. I got a homeboy, right, cool dude. Me and his son played football together. He's a billionaire. Doront flew on his jet with him and everything else. Like that cool dude. He owns the brewery. Have you ever seen that brewery that's on the two team to sixty Freeway. It's like on the two team to six or five. Yeah, the Midder Brewing Company. He owns that land right there, right, and he was saying, yeah, their lease is up. I'm about to you know, I'm about to probably sign them into another seventy five year lease. And this dude like sixty five Dog, I'm thinking, I'm like, man, you doing that bus. You ain't gonna be He said no, But my grandchildren be here, my great them folks playing the head dog. They playing. We sitting up here thinking about what we go do tomorrow? Might the guy them dudes is playing in thirty forty fifty years ahead in some cases and got their step. They're making sure that poverty never touches no part of their family.
Speaker 4: Unless it's kind of hard for our motherfucker who's struggling every day on the day today to year's. I might not be here two days from now. But that's what I'm different for a motherfucker who's been handed a billion dollar company from the time he was a fucking toddler or some shit like that. That's the difference in People want you to be able to think on the same aspect. But nigga, shit, I'm struggling to put fucking food on the table.
Speaker 3: Thing about this dude, though, he what's funny is he I think got his ged. He's not no college. He's a dude from New Jersey. That's how I mean him got cool. He just the fear of poverty kept him going. He had to help have somebody to help him out to get into real estate, right, and he owns all his property and stuff now. But I was just looking at the way he maneuvered Dog in that Cavt conversation with him kind of changed my perspective on a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Ain't that crazy? And how you just said it. His fear of poverty and his ambition. Somebody saw that and they fronted him to be able to do what he do.
Speaker 3: Run him, yep.
Speaker 4: I mean, times a nigga gonna do that for you.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it never happened. We got a lot of geniuses in the hood.
Speaker 4: Now, Times a nigga gonna see your potential and really go, you know something, I'm finna give you this five million and let you take off because I know twenty years from now you're finna be this motherfucker that we don't get motherfuckers to do like that for us.
Speaker 1: Oh, No, Dog is big at me because Aniga been conditioned with that, that slave mentality to wear nobody on. You don't want to see the next nigga get.
Speaker 4: A few easy did it for y'all? It wasn't no white motherfucking It wasn't Sony or Universal or whatever easy said, you know something, you feel me, But how many niggas really go you give me? Are steal your ideas cracking? Let me front you this million dollars and let you get it going.
Speaker 3: Leg. I'm gonna tell you something right now, Dog, I don't like to brag a lot.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 3: I don't do this. I don't say this nothing to be bragging. Dog. But we gave we helped launch math Off. Who else we don't have. Man, it don't been so many big podcast dog that I initially have my hand in and gave them. They send off and they went on to become successful podcasts. I look at companies Dogs, Some of these guys they go get five or six million dollars in funding, twelve and sex sus give them some money. I be like, Man, these niggas ain't deod half the shit I did, dog, and they gonna give them some money. Everything I don't did just done been off the monkey help. So you know, like he said, with the shelves and the motherfucking thing, I'm gonna make some shit happen. Dog, we don't get them same opportunities.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad to see brothers like you. When y'all do get in positioned. Man, y'all do go back and try to that lift some brothers up, you know what I mean? And I wish our brothers would appreciate that more when they do get that lift up off the ground, because you could pick any number of people to get that. They've been chosen though, so they got to represent so they can go back and get somebody, because you can't even drag everybody on the building by yourself. But if you get if you pull ten people up and they go get another ten people and eventually everybody go get up there, right. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. So what you got? What you got? Cracking out?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 3: What you got you about to blast off with?
Speaker 1: I got a little free mix tape, man. I just, you know, was exercising my lyrical skills a little bit, and uh just put out a little mixtape car Too Easy, you know. I mean. It's a little mixtape of where I took songs that artists been paying homage to bomb Thus in harmony, you know what I mean. So, and it's artists that I would like to work with as well. So what I did was took the songs that they took from us, put new verses on they shit, and that's you know what I'm saying, And just to let people know that, you know, I'm still, I'm still you know. Rapping is is my love, you know what I mean, Like putting them words together, telling the story. I love that, you know what I mean. So I got the mixtape, man, and that's something for free from my fans. You can download that on live mixtapes dot com, you know what I mean. But I got an album coming out too, called Hypnotic Rhythms, you know what I mean. So Hypnotic Rhythms. My first single was called Pillar and that'll be out later this summer, you know what I'm saying. So I'm doing that man. Harmony House Entertainment. My girl got her podcast that's about to come out called Tipping with Tiny. That's hard, Yeah, Tipping with Tiny and Minds is Lounging with Lazy. So we do a little partnership with that and kind of intertwined with each other sometimes on that, you know what I mean. Man, My kids, you know, we talked about the kids. They doing music. You know, I'm just getting ready for this thirty year anniversary. For Bone Thugs and Harmony ninety fours the thirtieth year.
Speaker 3: Man, we need that movie though. We need a Bone Thugs movie though. We need to actually MC eight fucking movie too, though. It's so many incredible stories and hip hop dog that.
Speaker 1: Can be man, Man, it'll be an Honor eight n R movie.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely, I'm with the part. Definitely, you know what I'm saying. So play me a little easy or something. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Doing the bio pic you know, in our movie is basically an aliu from the NWA movie.
Speaker 3: Is one being It is one in production right now.
Speaker 1: Not in production, but the writing part of right.
Speaker 3: Oh that's dope, man, Okay, that's cracking.
Speaker 1: So the idea of the bio pick it pick up where NWA left off at. You know what I'm saying. If you all remember in the movie, DJ Yeller was giving Easy the mixtape he was giving him East nineteen ninety ninety times. He died before he heard the finished tape. So at the end of that movie, when he passed away, he was let the East nineteen ninety nine Eternal album was sitting right on his desk that he never got to hear you know what I'm saying. So that's how we pick it up. That's that's the alley. Oop. I feel like n w A through us. On the movie side.
Speaker 3: You know, that's hard that their attention to detail was like that, dog exactly, that's hard. Dog. I really hope, man, because I know that's gonna be a massive movie. Y'all got a fan based that's incredible. Dog, y'all fan based, and y'all fans them type of fans that they'll fight for y'all.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Man, I definitely appreciate our fans, man. You know, the diversity of our fans. It ain't just like a lot of hip hop artists like it be like black or are. We got diverse Mexicans love bone thugs and white people love Hispanics, uh man, Asians like our crowd be so diverse man. And and like you said, they gung ho for so we appreciate.
Speaker 4: That, y'all. Y'all, y'all hip hop contribution was definitely not stereotyped to one particular crowd. You can say like y'all was one of them international hip hop artists, you feel me? So yeah, they have to be able to respect.
Speaker 3: That yeah, dog, you know what one more things.
Speaker 4: A lot of niggas who don't make it that far hip hop game is concerned. Know a lot of them. You know that niggas who were left underground so to speak, so to be able to come from just hip hop period and then be able to make it to Like you said, y'all have probably been some everywhere all around the world with this hip hop shit. Yeah, coming from Cleveland, you know.
Speaker 3: You'h some crazy shit. Though you think about it, y'all work with Easy, Tupac and Biggie like those are legend. Those are like they immortalized now, dog, you know, risk and peace, but y'all work with all of them. Dog, do you ever just sit up in bed at might be like, can't tell me.
Speaker 1: Nigga he was, you know that's that's that's that's part of the seal, the deal of the legacy, definitely, you know what I'm saying, to have like and for them to be beefing the way they were, you know what I mean, for us to not be involved in the or dependent all that all the problems they was having. It was like being from Cleveland left us mutual right in order to man.
Speaker 4: Not only that ship y'all. Y'all ship, y'all were protege ades the of the Godfather. You feel me. As far as what we concerned on the West Coast, you get me. Everybody has their this is the Godfather or rap or whatever. But as far as were concerned on the West Coast, with our ship, y'all came from the streets. We came for Easy. Eas looked at around the world. Is that as that motherfucker man? You feel me like Easy opened the door, not just for for shit. Easy is what made me want of motherfucking god. Damn. He is what made me go nigga. You could rap about the neighborhood. Oh, I could rap about the one time and selling crack, and I could rap about blasting and claiming the hood. Oh my god, you just hope because at that point, even though we were street niggas, it was utfo and it was you know, it was fun ra. It was even though you are nigga coming from the streets. You like, I don't do no shit like that, man, So what's what's my way in?
Speaker 3: You're there to wiggle in.
Speaker 4: When Easy came with boys in the hood like nigga, just nigga, six four's and forty ounces and nigga hold, he opened up a whole fucking world for niggas who who like I'm not that this is my identity, and so he opened that door for to see him. W's for the bones, for the above, the laws for the man, A gang of niggas man that street ship for sure.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, Lake, y'all ain't never collaborated with doctor dra Nope, I wonder what ain't happened?
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of tracks from Dre that I wasn't never able, we wasn't really able to use. But Drake thing was when the opportunity was presenting itself, we was internally fucked up, you know what I mean, And that nigga Dre was like, if I can't have all five of y'all, I ain't fucking with y'all. And that was that. So hopefully one day he'll get it. I know, all of us individually tried to. You know, that's Drake who don't want to Dre be of course, you know what I'm saying, Like I see it. Yeah, he like all of y'all can't get all that, you know what I mean, because we all tried to go individually, but Drake, you know the way the word got back to me. Like Dre said, if he can't have all y'all in, we know, it's it's no point.
Speaker 3: We gotta make y'all can't make that happen.
Speaker 1: Though, Shit, what's up? Dre? Holler?
Speaker 3: Cold Ship and we need and we need another Bone album? You know out'll get it cracking.
Speaker 1: One call from Dre, watch how fast all five niggas get together?
Speaker 4: That would be his story.
Speaker 3: That would be some cold ship Dog, and it got to happen on that next Bone album, Dog.
Speaker 1: Man, come on, let's preach on that broom.
Speaker 3: What's up with the next Bone album? Dog? When is that coming together? Man? We go get just get the one of the greatest hip hop group of all time, the symbol one of the greats.
Speaker 1: So the legacy project. Man, we're talking about the h a double album, a world tour, we're talking about a coffee table book, and we're talking about the bio pic.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's cracked.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, four elements, you know what I mean of the world, wind, fire Water, I.
Speaker 4: Could definitely say if anybody can pull that ship off, y'all y'all that y'all, y'all one of them groups. Man, y'all want them international groups.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, I drop everything I'm doing for an opportunity to work with Doctor Dre Hell yeah, sure, my niggas feel the same.
Speaker 3: But you know what those dog, it's a couple of producers.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Always thought Bone would be real beastie on. I still think now y'all should keep I think y'all most impotent in Coronation Dog is when y'all were Unique. I think Unique got that ship without.
Speaker 1: Chemistry right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like to see him somehow be involved. But I would love to see y'all go fuck with the Justice League, you know, people like that Justice League, the Timberlain, that stuff would sound crazy. But keep a cat like Unique over that kind of you know, so the form of the all stay the same. You feel what I'm saying. So the saft still there? You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Unique Unique would be the overseer of the music period, you know what I mean. But to bring in all those dude, man, that's a dream come true. That's the way to close the dope for me.
Speaker 3: But y'all deserve that dough Dog y'all motherfucking bone thugs. Normally, Like I always tell this man one of my things for him, I'm like, man, eight, we need to get you one more major album, my nigga, one more major ones. These ones is dope. He drops some incredible material. But this nigga's nasty now than he was when he first came out. You feel what I'm saying, ain't nothing change, you know why, just get better with time exactly.
Speaker 1: But think about your little brother when you're working on that album. That's that's a bucket list right there too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that ain't nothing but a conversation dog that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this dude, man, I just do it for just I'm just one of them niggas who came into hip hop because I loved it, and I didn't look at it for you know, the accolades and the and the fame and the and the money and all of that. I just wanted to make records, man, you know what I'm saying. I thought I was gonna still be a gang banging, dope dealing nigga on the block. Just I was gonna make records and shit, I never looked at it as being where a nigga has been or where nigga's going to. But you know, we credited, it's been here for fifty years. I came into the game early, and it's just been the love of it, you know what I'm saying. So that's what keep a nigga going. It's not so much as trying to find that next big payday off of hip hop. Is just now with all that niggas have contributed, just to be able to be honored and respected as going. Yeah, that nigga was you feel me, you know? And sometimes, like you said, you see all these lists and you see all these motherfuckers with their opinions about who is the greatest and who is this and who is that? But how can that how official can that shit be? Because my idea of the greatest might not be yours or might not be steals And that's not the discredit to motherfucker, That's what the hell, y'all.
Speaker 3: At twenty six, twenty one, twenty one, man, that's way too.
Speaker 1: All the matter of opinion.
Speaker 3: But you know what, though, did that come from? Because some of these journalists.
Speaker 4: A bro not to cut you off, but who was that number one outcast? And no disrespect no, I ain't outcast at all, but I listened to more Bone than I listened to outcasts. I mean, that's just no disrespect. I loved the outcast, but past a certain era, I didn't listen to outcasts anymore because it just wasn't my flow. You take their first motherfucking album, banged it all day like it was.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: But if you want to compare that to the speaker box, you know record, I really didn't bang that as much, but you get me. You want to compare that to bone thugs in harmony, I banged every each nineteen ninety nine, but I banged out that month for the war out and my mother, we're.
Speaker 3: So cold as my kids is getting hit to that now man. My son to play ball, and my son is the fireman. Man, my oldest son. They come playing me some of your stuff sometimes, like Dad, what you know about this? I'm like, boy, shit down someone.
Speaker 4: I think the younger generation is starting to maybe appreciate some of the beginnings of hip hop. You hear me, because I couldn't get my son to listen to shit that we played. But just like you said, he'll come in here and play some knives he'll play some biggie, he'll play some of my shit, you know, I guess because sometimes the motherfucker need to be refreshed and they years need to hear you know, quality.
Speaker 3: Chris love DJ Quick though like his music, Like Quick said, I like Quick got the beats or talk about Quicks beats and stuff, so he getting hip, but you gotta remember for them, that's like us listening to our appearance records, like when my mama played Curtis Mayfield in the House al Green. I grew up loving that MU two and now I probably listened to fifty to fifty nineties hip hop, nineties early two thousands hip hop, and more Al Green and more oldies than anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, I listened to the oldies too. And just for the record, if I was making the list, it'd be run DMC would probably be the first one on my list.
Speaker 3: I mean, you were just saying that yesterday. You know what, bro I was arguing with the Glasses the other day because Glass as a baby, you know he you know, he a grown man, but he a baby in his hip hop stuff. Right. He was trying to argue me that l L was way more of a fact than run DMC. I said bro l L was the man, but he didn't come to the man until after run DMC had left the throne almost then. Was the first cast that had a shoe deal Dog. They were the first ones that had Adidas Deal Dog. They were the first ones. They dominated MTV when MTV first came out. That Walked This Way record was probably one of the biggest records, was the biggest look for hip hop at that time, and had that record not been made, hip hop probably wouldn't win as far as it did because to introduced hip hop to mainstream America.
Speaker 1: Glass is my bro too, but I would tell him watch Crush Groove. It was just saying run DMC. Them was demanded. They was headlining back then. And then LLLL had to come in with the little Radio Fox, remember that ship Fox. He had to. He had to.
Speaker 4: That's how russelling Them found ll and signed him to death.
Speaker 1: He had the audition for his that.
Speaker 4: Was basically like his little uh his promo. The Beastie Boys was in there siying him to he had I needed a beat out. Yeah. They figured, man, what better way than to promote our first fucking artists. Yeah, put him in the fucking movie. It was brilliant. But run DMC, like, you gonna get the argument because it's fifty years and you know nowadays they got so many you get me, there's so many groups and there's so many, but I think you have to give it to run DMC because it's like they they they show the motherfucker as far as a group is concerned, how you really can make it, and they made use the first tough times of him here. Yeah, what motherfuckers was like hip hop is this way.
Speaker 1: They only played that ship on Saturdays, and.
Speaker 4: They were able to break down the barriers of being able for four niggas like Outcasts and Wou Tang and comptence most wanted in n w A. You get me without them setting the motherfucking path and kicking down the doors of the stereotype all of nigga music and he thug motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: You gotta understand where hip hop was at the time. Like, I don't think n w A got rated nowhere as high as they should.
Speaker 1: Dog because they did. Man that they did.
Speaker 3: You know, the run n w A down as low as they did Dog was almost like disrespectful because to me, if I'm gonna put the top five together. I'm always tell people it don't matter where you number that because I can't say one is great than the others. But you have to have in your top ten. Man, if you don't have motherfucking n W A, motherfucking E, P M D, right, motherfucking just all those pivotal groups.
Speaker 1: Man, boys, boys, all these.
Speaker 3: People do because those people are the reason for the season. You can't have fucking C and D before A and B.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, like them lists that ain't nothing but a list. Man, Like.
Speaker 3: Yes, run DMC motherfucking thing, you know, even the Wu Tang clan. But to me, Bone is worthy of that top ten consideration because after you get past all of them, right, run dmcas and all them things, you come up into that early like late nineties. Dog, you got to put Bone there because that was like the next evolution of hip hop because it brought a new flow in. Wasn't nobody everything was March and the March, and then to been the thing that saying with them that came to say that's brother, y'all came with them, you know what I'm saying. And it was so fresh, but you understood everything y'all was saying, and that ship was so dope, dog, and the music was melodic, you almost smoke. You be right down the streets like, well.
Speaker 1: All I gotta say, man, is you know we ain't done yet, So you know they could, they can, they can reserve their opinions for when we're done, because you know, to see a list like that make me pick up the phone and call my brothers, like, y'all, y'all want to show these niggas who do what you know what I'm saying. So we ain't done, so they and it really don't matter, man. I've been able to take care of my family off this whole.
Speaker 4: I say that about all the times I think about I got fucked and money stolen and all that shit, and at the end of the day, I go, you know something, my son going to college. I'm still able to wake up every morning and do something that you know, I don't regret as far as God damn, I gotta get up today and I got it. You feel me. There's a lot of people who where it's nothing against the average motherfucker. There's a lot of motherfuckers who you know, it's a lot of people who have to get up and go through that show. Yeah, we blessed me, so to be blessed to be able to do something that you enjoy and and you know, you get to go on trips and you get to meet other people, and you know the perks of comes with being an entertainer sometimes and you know you wouldn't traded for nothing. So we go through the roller coaster rides and sometimes to disrespect and sometimes not feeling like motherfuckers, give us all props for all what we have done for fucking hip hop. But at the end of the day, you go, so.
Speaker 1: I go, you know what, so what right, it's a blessing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good, you feel me, I'm good, And none of that shit matters any.
Speaker 3: What they need to do, they need is start coming to the people really in the coach and asking about them list because to me, it would be like somebody coming to me asking me to make to create the top one hundred oldies of all time. I'm gonna feel like, in a way, I'm not qualified. I'm gonna go talk to my mama, my pops, my uncles and asked them what was going on because I didn't live in that time. So some of these little niggas that might be twenty twenty one. They don't understand the impact that a bone had, or the impact that a Wu tang or run DMC for that matter. To them, it's ancient. And I didn't realize how old hip hop was. The Glasses told me one day because we were talking about sampling, and he said, no, big bro, that's too old. You got to go back to Warren Z. I said, Warren G and them was just Yetter that's biting dog. And I thought about it. I said, that shit was twenty five thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were sampling the ship out of Roger and them, you know what I mean, like it, uh all the funk that shit thirty years later, we were sampling them. So and that's why I did the mixtape that I did, because I wanted the new artists to know that we appreciate them, you know, going in the crates and find.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker, so I could put it in our description.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 3: I got put links in the description, man, so we don't help you captive here long enough. Man. We appreciate y'all hanging out with us once again, right yeah, and hey, y'all make sure, man, we gonna put the link to that mixtape down there. Man, make sure y'all go bang that man and go support that and go flood doctor Drey's. I don't know if Trey too rich to fuck with Twitter anything. Yeah, playing a staff and ship that. So y'all just make sure y'all hit Dre up man telling them we need that bone thud collaboration.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, please do you know what I'm saying? Let him know, Dre. I'm letting you know right now. Min we here, if the opportunity is there, were there?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and we gone. Jill Well. That concludes another episode of The Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to the Gangst the Chronicles podcast For Apple users. Find a purple micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangst Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steeled, Aaron M. C a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Whatt, and the audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gainst Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts.