Speaker 1: Concil to paper, sketching you art on this page. What kind of journey will this drawing bring to life?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 1: Another adventure waits for you. A ro scout and Layla. My comment wong to It's imagination time.
Speaker 3: And Curiosity cold Curiosity came. It's a magical place come true. Welcome to Adventures of Curiosity.
Speaker 4: Cald Hello, and welcome back to season three of Adventures of Curiosity Cove. It's meet Ella the Curious and whether you're joining us for the first time or coming back for more adventures, I'm so thrilled to have you here. This season, we'll dive into brand new adventures from my treehouse. Think cozy beanbags, bluffy pillows, and of course my favorite stuffy row right by my side. It's peaceful, almost like my mom just used her relaxing dream spread. Perfect for story time. Today, I get to introduce you to a new series called Animal Apprentice.
Speaker 5: Have you ever.
Speaker 4: Wondered what it would be like to wake up as a brand new animal deep in the ocean, high in the jungle canopy, or out on the wide Sirrengetti, an Animal Apprentice, you step into the tiny paws, claws, wings, or fins of a baby animal seeing the world for the first time. Each episode a wise grown up animal because your guide teaching you how to survive and discover your special traits.
Speaker 5: So what are we waiting for.
Speaker 2: Let's dive in Katie the cuttlefish.
Speaker 5: O MG, high, little cutlet. Look at how cue you are? Yes, I just called you a cutlet. Cutlet's the name of a baby cuttlefish, which you are. Welcome to the ocean. You must have been just born. I just saw all your brothers and sisters swim by. There were so many of you. I couldn't tell the number because I can't count that fast. I just know that when a mother cuttlefish gives birth, she gives birth to one hundred to three hundred babies. All. Look how tiny and cute you are. I know you can't see you, but you're like the size of a tic tac or a pearl, or a bead, or a Clarendon pill or a Okay, that's enough. My name's Katie. I'm a two month old cuddlefish. That's why I'm so much bigger than you. I'm practically a teenager. I mean, I'm not going to be old for an entire year. My great grandma lived to be one year and six months old. We were all like, whoa, great grandma are you shooting for two years old? But she didn't make it the two she's ain essenced. That means she just deteriorated on the spot. That happens around one to two years for us cuttlefish. But you don't have to worry about that. That's like forever away and seems really peaceful. WHOA, I gotta tell you a cool fact I just learned from my mom. So, like four hundred million years ago or so, you would have been boreden with a hard exterior shell. All of us cuttlefish used to have shells like a mollusk, until one brave cuddlefish said I can't take it anymore. This shell is weighing me down and I need to be free, and he just ditched his shell to go hunt, and the rest is history. We're free of a big shell because of that fella or gal. I wish I could have met him or her to thank whoever it was. Okay, so I'm sure you're crazy hungry. Good news. You could start hunting right now. Yeah, like right from birth. You can start hunting for your own food. Let me see, let me see, Oh what's on the menu today? What are you hungry for? Ah? Brian shrimp ten o'clock just right over there. See that little shrimp swimming around saying good lit, Come eat me, I'm tasty. You're hungry? Quick rundown first? See my cute little sk you have one too. That's how we swim backward and forward. But if you have to make a dash for it, you could squirt water out of your gut in any direction and propel yourself in the opposite direction, similar to a car or a plane. But the best hunting technique is to be super calm and patient. Sneak up on your prey. Prey is any animal hunted by another animal, and show them your dazzling lights and skirt. In your little p sized body, you have around one million chromatophores. That's just a fancy word for cells that produce color. What does that all mean? That means that you can change the color and the shape or texture of your skin. Your skin can expand and contract. How cool is that? You're like a mini Marvel character. I'm sure you noticed you have some cool new set of peepers. Look into my eyes. You see my eyes look like Charlie Brown's weird smirk or a super squiggly w or a smile that has a bump in the center. Yeah, our eyes are pretty amazing and beautiful unlike any other creature on Earth. We have a binocular vision where we can see all around our body. No blind spots here, and yep, it's black and white, but we can see contrast and polarization really well. Have you ever looked through polarizing sunglasses. It's like seeing the world in a different way. Everything pops out, including depth, color, and movement. Our eyes are out of this world, well, I mean in our body, but they're really cool, unlike any other eye on this planet. Oh and we have three hearts, so if you're gonna sing a song with the word heart in it, you have to change it to plural hearts like.
Speaker 6: Total licklips of the heart, or quit playing games with my hearts, or everybody's got a hungry hearts, or don't go.
Speaker 5: Breaking my hearts? Help John? No. Anyway, you have five senses. You might think you don't have smell underwater, but guess what you do yep sight. Obviously we already discussed smell taste, hearing, and do you think touch. I mean, we can do that with our tentacles, but our major last sense is balance. We can all use a little of that, you know what I'm saying. We need this balance for everything huntings, swimming, so hearing is a big one. Recently, we've been having a hard time with this sense due to all the humans and their big machines. I mean, I don't blame them, They're just trying to live. But the sounds affect how we listen for prey. We can hear super low frequency sounds, so we can tell when a bigger fish is trying to sneak up on us. Well, I think I told you enough, and I'm sure you're ready to go live your best life. So go find a comfy spot in the sand and cover yourself up to your eyes. That's what all the little babies do to hide for prey until they grow up. It was so nice talking to you, and I wish you a super happy and healthy life. I hope you live to like two years and a day old.
Speaker 4: Chow a dazzling skirt that helps them swim in any direction that they want. I'm gonna try that maybe in my bathtub anyway, it's really cool. I hope you enjoyed our podcast story as much as I did today. Boy was I come fee and cozy and all tuned in. If you loved what you listened to, please leave us a five star review, but only if you really mean it. We love hearing your feedback. It helps us grow so we can continue to bring stories to you. In all our curious listeners. You never know you might even get a shout out from me here in the cove. All right, I need a snack, so I'm headed back home. Until next time. Friends, we never say goodbye. It's always see you later. Adventures of Curiosity Cove was created by Tika Sumter and Nicholas Muscarella. Written by Nicholas James Muscarella. Adventures of Curiosity Coves theme song was written and composed by Mattie Limb and sung by Laura Saraphine. Engineered by Robert Altschuler, sound effects by Command Creative Studio. All of the Curious is an original story series created by Tika Sumter.
Speaker 3: A Curiosity col Curiosity Come, It's a magical place, Come Troup, Welcome to Aventures Up Curiosity cal
Speaker 2: This is a Fort Sumter production