Speaker 1: Well, and Justin Connor is like the perfect uh like action hero name because they all got to have Jesus Christ initials like.
Speaker 2: Heroes j firs or also they like to do like two first names like Jack Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Justin conn even.
Speaker 3: I was too afraid to use that in middle school.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I'm going to go by j C this year, and that backed out at the last second, and only my sister calls me that now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom treated Jimmy Carter for brain cancer like years ago.
Speaker 1: She called him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he showed up and he has a big old belt buckle that says j C on it, and I just wow, that's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he looks so frail though, I feel like that's probably like a health hazard now to have such a big belt buckle for my bladder.
Speaker 4: Don't be surprised if you see me next holiday party with a big old Jason Sea buckle.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah. Do you need one of those strike anywhere matches right off the buckle? I always wanted to fucking light a blunt like that off a strike.
Speaker 4: Anywhere, like a little just have it be a whole utility belt, but for like, oh up ship, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh you need a hold on, hold on, yeah, I got a bullet right here, hold on right here. There you go, Yeah, you turn it over. Oh so you don't know how to load that thing properly upside down? Then rotate the thing and now you got there you go. I'll see you in fifteen minutes when you go. Yeah you got more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I got an Eerlin Myer flask on here too. You gotta what are you doing bad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty nine, episode Oh The Daily's Eyegeist are production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast or we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It is Wednesday, July thirty first. Damn you already got that damn fourth of July. I need to pay rent anyway. July thirty first is National Mutt Day, National Raspberry King Day, and shout out all us millennials who don't have anything because we all put it in avocado because it's National Avocado Day, so allow us to exalt our favorite avocados and hold them in the air. My name is Miles Gray aka.
Speaker 6: A little Bit of Sofa in My Life, A little bit of love seat by my side, a little bit of day bed all I need a little bit of Senties, what I see, A little bit of food ton in the sun, a little bit of Devon all night long, a little bit of Shad's lounge here I am.
Speaker 1: A little bit of diet do mix JG your event spot all right, shout out the frequent news ghost for that, matam Bow number five, wonderful, wonderful sectional inspired. No left for them, I mean yeah, no, I think we couldn't find that. I mean, man, I could probably put it in there for one of the other ones. Well that's me Miles Gray in the Place to Be. But I am thrilled to be joined by my guest co host today, a wonderful person, a wonderful producer, editor, DJ, beat maker, film officionado. Please welcome to the guest co host microphone, my host Justin Connor.
Speaker 3: It's your boy, Justin Connor.
Speaker 7: Ja.
Speaker 4: But did you know when Jack's not home? I turned on my Mike four daily guys.
Speaker 1: Then I sing o.
Speaker 8: Baby, I want to go host the show with the miles of the great Ooh. The more I get on Zoom, the stranger is yeah, do something that I'm not used to here on the zoom with Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that was off the top of the dome. I fumbled it at the beginning, but we got there.
Speaker 1: Wait, you just spit. You didn't even write it down before you Literally.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think of a song that I love that really touches my heart and that that just flew out.
Speaker 1: What is it about that song?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 1: I will fucking sing that ship with tears in my.
Speaker 3: Eyes on August ninth. See what is going to be there.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm going, but I'm thinking about purchasing and tickets.
Speaker 1: That you know that audience is going to be weird as he it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I went there on Juneteenth, and I will say not as diverse as I would have.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey, guys, we're here for Juneteenth, Like.
Speaker 4: What I feel like too many people have season tickets there and to just see like a popular name and they're like okay, bet and they're like, gets use that right, and then it's not.
Speaker 1: Well, justin it's good to have you. Thank you for joining me. But now we will introduce our guest today in our third and fourth seats. Uh, These two hosted the Iconic podcast you translated. You also know them as Fantastics. I again someone who I take skin tips from because I don't have hair, so I'm gonna take the skin tips from them, and I will I will take all of your advice to keep my skin hydrated and my body hydrated. And also a fantastic musician. She got a new album out East Atlanta, Sober and guess what she's got to show this Sunday at the at the Masquerade on the altar stage for all the Atlanta's I Game, please pull up for our guests today, Carmen Laurent and Jane Danger. Welcome back, Welcome back.
Speaker 5: Can't keep us away?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you can, No no way. Carmen, did you lighten up the hair? Oh?
Speaker 5: I did? Yeah, y'all have to see me. I've actually I've been on a journey since the last time you saw me. I no longer have black hair, used to be just black since the time. I'm thirteen. Yes, and I also had voice surgery, so I have a new voice. Next time to have a new face and some new tips.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we have to have you back for each of those. You know, every time we level up. We love to see it. We'd love to see the blow up. And you're doing everybody's doing well. Everybody's doing well. Yeah we're talking. Yeah, we're walking and rolling. A lot of rain here in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Late Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Every day it's been insane. It's kind of.
Speaker 2: No, it's been depressing me because I've been my lawn is. I'm kind of I'm kind of I'm a girl, but I'm kind of a long guy. Like I take a lot of like like I'm very hank kill about it, like mowing the lawn. Just you look at it and you like drink a beer and it feels great. You're like, yeah, I fucking did that ship and it looks beautiful and you got to edge out right, it looks like trash right now.
Speaker 1: There's fucking weeds and ship like and I can't fucking take care of it. There's some mushrooms.
Speaker 2: Actually I mowed like a solid like quarter of it last week and then it started raining and I got so mad, like I fell to my knees in the rain, like mower next to me, Like yeah, wait, is this a push more riding It's an electronic push mower?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 1: Because I mean I in like la, Like, riding mowers are foreign to me, unless like it's you're like looking at a golf course or someone with some kind of gigantic state. But I know properties the acreage is much bigger across the US, and a lot of people just have So.
Speaker 2: I would love a riding more. If any listeners want to give me a riding mower, like, I will ride it around.
Speaker 4: I was always people with writing mowers because, like I, that was a chore I had to do in the humid Illinois summers and I was I feel like an eleven year old body shouldn't be able to handle all of that.
Speaker 3: I had to get it done. And I saw this kid up the street. Yeah, you learn, you learned. But I had a kid up the street who had like this.
Speaker 4: Brand new riding lawnmower, and I was like, what are what are one of the What can I get one of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And my dad, my dad was just like this s Bill's character, you know, And.
Speaker 1: That was like it up to now, I mean, governor of Illinois.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like the pushing because it gives me, It gives me some exercise, it.
Speaker 1: Gets me all floody, and it gives me out in the sun.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe now that I'm like older, I'm like, maybe I do need to build character. For all those times I skipped on character building day as a kid, right right, right.
Speaker 4: It didn't help me build a personality. It just helped me build character. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: I guess it means you know you you're relent, you know what I mean? And uh, you know how to do you know how to get going when the going gets tough. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I moved to the place where riding a lawnmower, using a lawnmower in any way is not necessary for me, I'm right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 5: Because they don't have lawns and LA because of all that woke.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, some outlaw lawns somebody growing up in LA. At a certain point, when you realize how bone dry this fucking place is, you actually, I started feeling bad, like watering ship that I was, Man, does this do I really need?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Water shortage is like once a year, right. Luckily, because of the last few rains we've we've gone into slightly better territory drought wise, but it's you know, we're in these boom bus cycles the rains.
Speaker 5: And I say, y'all to start having lawns. Don't let wokeness take lawns from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree for these water bills take all your That's a very that's a very like Twitter argument like that, like and like like people say that about like golf courses, to which I kind of am an agreement on that one.
Speaker 1: Golf courses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, golf courses are like a giant like waste of like resources and like yeah, like.
Speaker 1: And they're like tax free like there, it's a it's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think almost as much as the gas study.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool, we're trying to kick that in talking about AI. So okay, we're learning point. We've made our point. We've made our point. Anyway, let's preview some of the stories we may or may not get to. First, one, the GP is suddenly worried about their racist rhetoric, so we'll kind of hear some quotes from them like wait' surprise, this is this Okay. Then also, just like on the weird tip, you know, like the weirdness shit has really been throwing the GOP for a loop. They're like I was hoping y'all y'all have your DACA. Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, and I think, I think and I definitely I'm glad y'all are here because also there's like I was reading this interesting just excerpt from someone who wrote about the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville and their sort of observations on what actually pisses off the alt right the most. And guess what, it's not aggression, it's being fun teased. They don't like them. So we will talk about that. I know that it's okay, We're gonna tease the fuck out them. Okay, here he is. And we'll also maybe get to Biden announcing some Supreme Court reforms. We also Trump's secret weapon in this election. It might be batship election officials. So we will talk about a report that came back stone yea guana somehow it's fat Guano is factoring into this election. We'll talk about some of the people that are willing to do his bidding.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, I think we should also talk about Madam Hawk of Tua continues to trademark ship and I don't know where this is going, but god damn they're trying.
Speaker 2: And we may even talk about Valley Ranta talk toua Valley rants exactly what.
Speaker 1: I'm serious, It may end up there. They are really trying fucking every sort of like derivation Star Washington and Hawk, and we might even talk about Chinese made us flags that Republicans are mad about but also responsible for all that in a lot more off. First, y'all know how we do it. The first thing, we like to ask our guests, what's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Janey go first, me go first?
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, this took a while because I had some fairly like normal searches, I believe it or not, just a lot of like Spanish to English translations.
Speaker 1: And are you bilingual? Getting bilingual practice? No, I've been learning Spanish for a while. Nice, Yeah, so I practically Espaniel. Oh yeah, I had this cool picture of a wolf staring at the moon that was trying of fine, that's one but the one Wait that she looks like those cordy ass T shirts that everybody await yo, wait is that wolf like? It's like it's like a man like with their hands on their knees. It's like a human some like furry ship. But really cool picture.
Speaker 2: A lot, yeah, a lot of people post us on Twitter a lot, and I needed it first.
Speaker 3: It's a mood. It looks like it's improvising poetry to itself.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like the vibe of like sitting by the bonfire and dark souls. You know, it's a kind of it's it's romanticized stoicism.
Speaker 1: I like that quite a book, but I was.
Speaker 2: My roommate texted me the other day and said, hey, can you keep it down, like I'm like studying, And I just sent her a picture of my Amazon shopping list and it was a unicycle and hand symbols. Really like cracking my up thinking about like how funny it would be to move into like an apartment as like someone's neighbor and be like, you know, I'm going to get into like doing like circus carniche, like circus side shifts.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna going to be a live circus monkey, learn how to ride a unicycle and bash and we're like a red velvet vest too. Obviously. I feel like that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: When you're like like playing Hay in like live party chat, you just hear like family screaming and like monkeys like bashing on somebod right right.
Speaker 1: Right, You're like, I need to mute the fucking chat. Yeah, always some loud ship that you overhear over those gaming headphones, came, what about you? Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I have a lot of shit in my I've been I've been converting the end to USD because I am going to Japan, my homeland. Yeah yeah, I am going are October.
Speaker 1: October beautiful time, beautiful time.
Speaker 5: For spooky season.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 5: But I have recently been searching Julie masking, okay, and nobody knows who the fuck Julie masking is but a makeup technique.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah it is.
Speaker 5: You could call it a makeup technique. And if we're talking full silicon body suit, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I I became obsessed with Julie Masking about seventeen years ago when she posted some videos on early YouTube, like they're still up on YouTube.
Speaker 1: She looks like long legs.
Speaker 5: She does look like long legs. She has long legses, and I'm obsessed with long legs right now, so anything long legs is just making me like freak out. But she is a character that appeared online seventeen years ago and then disappeared just as quickly. She would just post random, like thirty second videos of herself and a full silicone, hyperrealistic silicone mask, and I could not, for the life of me or remember what her name was a few days ago. So I was having a full manic episode trying to remember what this woman's name was. And you know, you'd be surprised. It's actually not a man in a full silicon bodysuit. She's actually a trans woman in a full silicon bodysuit.
Speaker 1: So, and she's like an artist, Like, what's what Like, Yeah.
Speaker 5: She's actually so I've found Well, there's not it's very mysterio.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I love that you brought this up to my attention. This is like a creepypasta that I would like watch. Yes, it's like very like shrouded and like mystery. Nobody really knows who Julie Masking is, but her flicker exists on the Internet, and it turns out she's just like an old school like showgirl drag performer trans woman from back in the day. And I guess seventeen years ago she just decided, Hey, I'm going to put on this fucking silicon mask and freak everyone out on the internet, and I remember watching those when they were first posted. But then the other day I was trying to remember who she was because I was thinking a lot about long legs, as I do ever since I saw the movie, and I was just going insane. I was like Google image searching, like trying to like figure out her name. Her name is Julie Masking, but today she has a new she's she's still doing it, but now she goes by Julie mask spelled in the in the English or French way, which is m A s q u E.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's not a lot of information about there. She's very shrouded in mystery.
Speaker 1: Okay, we like that.
Speaker 2: But there used to be this old creepy YouTube video that like I'm gonna describe badly, but I'm sure I feel like you, Carmen have probably seen it. But it's like a probably like a it's like a grainy VHS thing of like this like girl in like a bunny suit, like on stilts and she's like singing like a children song or something. It's very it's like terrifying, Like I remember seeing it in like twenty ten. It was like I was so enamored by it, and it's the kind of it's like you described, it's like the kind of thing that like it's impossible to find like any information.
Speaker 1: On because it's probably like that's probably the point.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like a you know, art project by some like you know, insular little like gay guys like living in lincolnucky thing, you know, and that this is just what they do in their free time to freak people out right. But nonetheless, I do think it's like, really, I think.
Speaker 1: That shit's so cool, Like I love that.
Speaker 5: I love shit like that.
Speaker 2: I want to neither if I find this video, I'm gonna say that to you. I bet you you've seen it. But yeah, so hard to find anything now, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It is, you know everything the search engine has fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, Yeah, what underrated? Who wants to go first? Oh? I got one. Let's go to Be, y'all fuck with to B. I've watched the show on to Be before.
Speaker 2: I've been a big fan of to Be lately, like in a in a world where like in a world in a world where every every streaming service is like so like fragmented and expensive and bullshit, Yeah, to Be it's free, you watch some ads. It has some awesome movies, it has some great ship like and some original content.
Speaker 1: Oh, and that's what I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 2: There's some amazing to be original content that's all like looks like it comes from like like real estate, like female real estate agents from Atlanta, like just making like like marriage dramas like in like two Houses, like they're so funny.
Speaker 4: I will say some of the advertising, I've like some of the content that's been like targeted to me. When I'm looking at like a banner ad or whatever for tub it's a lot of like I'll see it and I'm like, has be et taken the biggest l ever? And then I'm like, oh, this is the Black Show made by two b and the wig work is crazy and it's just it's it's like I haven't given in the hate watch yet, but I feel like it'd be perfect to get high on Saturday afternoon and just like just trip out and watch the most funny shit ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people watch them like they're like the Room qual I mean, not quite that, but they're like really awkward, Like you can tell they're not really made by someone who knows quite how to make a movie. Yeah, and like there's a lot of weird editing.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of scenes where someone will be like and you betrayed me, and then they just kind of awkwardly stand there for like a solid minute before that's away.
Speaker 4: Like, I think the most I've watched are like, like I've seen clips on like Instagram reels and TikTok where it just shows the most absurd like drama happening where people are like busting shots at each other while having a full conversation.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like we talked about this before we started recording.
Speaker 2: It's like trapped in the closet, Like yeah, that quality of drama, Like it's so funny. But I before we like, uh, there's one show that is amazing that I encourage everyone to watch called Hucci Daddies, and it is about it is like a kind of Big Brother Survivor type show about a group of stuff like yeah, like yeah, that's presenting kind of logo things. Yeah, yeah, mass presenting black lesbians and they Yeah, it's just this amazing.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I want the the Brady Bunch.
Speaker 2: Whoa okay, Hoochie Daddies Oka, Yeah, Ucci Daddy is as dope as fun. And it's really like with the the opening scene when they're like bringing everyone in, like it takes so long and it's like they have been standing there for like hours as they bring in everyone, one of them is just drinking liquor the whole time.
Speaker 1: It is so cool.
Speaker 2: None of it is like miked upright, So all of the scenes where they're all like interacting and rent riffing with each other, it's just it's like a Robert Altman movie where everyone's talking over it is so fucking gla So shouts out to two B for making great content, original and providing us with some classics as well.
Speaker 5: Shouts out to all the studs too.
Speaker 1: There's another one. I just guys said, take Titanic six six six? Is it to be original film? Alas, Yeah, awesome, it's a sequel to Titanic two. There's another one, Dark Forces from the Deep Sea rise to the surface, terrorizing all aboard from Titanic three and throw to repeat one of history's greatest disasters. It's got a sixteen percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Fuck with Oh, I gotta watch.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I also watched like some like like I watched like Love in Toura, which is like a sixties like new wave Italian movie. Like it's like like these like Criterion collections.
Speaker 1: The entire spectrum of entergy. Yeah, it's so cool, Like wow, Yeah, I don't even know there was I'm writing that one down, Carmen. What about you? What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Look, I'm just gonna say it, y'all. I think Long Legs is underrated. And I know it was the number one selling movie after Despicable Me four, which makes it the number two movie. But uh, long Legs getting some kind of mixed reviews. My boyfriend, I don't give a fuck if anyone doesn't like it. Okay, it is the best movie that has come out in a long time, and I want to watch it five hundred times. So go see Long Legs. Don't read any bad reviews because it really doesn't matter. It's just a fun, campy horror movie and I just love Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 1: Its good. Yeah, I can endorse it as well. I've heard a lot about it, but I have not. I'm not I'm not a horror person, so I usually I don't gravitate towards them. But if I mean, I do like I do like aggressive Nicholas Cage acting, though you okay, very Nicholas.
Speaker 2: It's in my honest opinion, I think it's like it's kind of like a horror procedural thriller, and you like a movie like Zodiac or like Seven or really like Lambs or Cure. I don't know if any of y'all seen the Kyoshi Krosola movie Cure, but it reminds me of that one a lot, especially because that movie also has it's like the same thing. It's like a group of killings happen where a random person just like snapped and they don't know why, and then they find out that a mysterious stranger has like visited all of these people before they like did their act of violence. But anyway, I think it's like a good like detective movie, because I love detective movies and it's like solid as that, but I think it's better as a horror movie. Like the the unnerving stuff is quite unnerving, and horror is pretty subjective.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I don't know. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I had my problems with it, mostly in the third act, but I enjoyed it. It's elevated a lot by Nicholas Cage being like very fully committed to having an insane performance, yeah, and looking disgusting, yeah, Like he is incredibly hard to look at, like the scenes where you actually like see him like fully inframe as it's like, Yo.
Speaker 5: Looks like I wore my right legs today.
Speaker 2: And I you don't know why it was called long legs. I kept saying it is that like an anagram for something. I haven't quite figured that out.
Speaker 5: But I just think it's one of those movies that it doesn't have to mean anything.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 5: It's just fun and it's silly and it's goofy, and I do.
Speaker 1: Like it for that.
Speaker 2: I like I like that, like all the like horror elements, it's not like, well, the real Satanism is trauma.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like that, you know, It's like.
Speaker 2: No, it's just like meant to be like a scary like thriller in that regard. I definitely appreciate it because I'm sick of that like bullshit.
Speaker 1: Like the demon is not acknowledging your children's desire, yeake.
Speaker 2: The real literally, the real demon is your repressed homosexuality.
Speaker 1: That's why you're doing bad car man. What do you think is overrated.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I'm going to say it. Underweight is overrated. I have been underweight my whole life. Body positive car I'm in my boy my bosity positive positive. But no, I am finally, for the first time of my life, not underweight. I've always tried to be a gainer, as they say, but my body just don't do it well. I either hit the right age or the right dose of estrogen. Because I am now at one hundred and forty pounds for the first time in my life, and I feel sexy. I love it.
Speaker 2: Weight distribution in cycling is like real as fuck, Like yes, it's not a trick, Like it's not a trick.
Speaker 5: No, but yeah, I'm very happy with them with my weight gain, and I feel very confident. I have boobs in a butt now, imagine.
Speaker 1: I love to hear that my butt is flat from sitting down podcasting all the time. I talk about it. But I got to my handstrings. Are I gotta do something? You know, flatten that I was.
Speaker 4: I was also born as like a hard gainero is like the term, so it's it's really yeah, But I've recently started eating a lot better. I think also hitting the right age just kind of locks into me. I'm like, I need to start paying attention more to myself. And before I think the idea of like transforming my body just seemed like impossible. Also until recently, now I'm like, it feels doable. But I don't know what changed truly. I don't know if it's like therapy or whatever, but I think, yeah, probably, Yeah, I think I think age has really factored into like me just wanting to get to a certain point and like I think being fed up. Also, I think that was like your first point also as just being like my whole life, I've been one way. I feel like trying to see if I can push myself in another direction. So that's also part of the challenge too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love to hear everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's feeling good, very positive message in the in the age of a zumpage. As some bar customers bar that I work out the other week, they're really like nice, like gay men. They're like older, like in their forties, and they ordered some food and they're like, this is the most we've eaten all week.
Speaker 1: We're all on a zempic.
Speaker 2: I was like, you guys are all skinny, like you guys are going to look like freaks if you like take ozempi that.
Speaker 1: Ye faces because look at look at Simon Cowell, look at I don't think that's just the Ozemp face with Simon cow that's the fillers too. He looks like he looks like the hound from Game of Like for really, have you seen it now?
Speaker 3: I haven't, I haven't.
Speaker 5: He does like crazy.
Speaker 1: I was like your Simon, he looks like the handsome version of the hound on. A better example of the zimpic face Randy.
Speaker 5: Jackson a better example of face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randy Jackson looks fucking crazy, like I think that's what I think. O Zemp.
Speaker 2: It gets you so bad. It gives you like a very like long distended neck and your face like say you like it's not Randy Jackson, I know, right, he looks crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh well, the one thing I did read those how those drugs may be good for Alzheimer's. There's like there's still to do more studies now that it might protect the brain, and apparently it seems promising. So it's like this thing, what the fuck doesn't this should do? But that's where taking I'll take the Alzheimer's protection. Janey what about you. What's something you think is overrated? Oh?
Speaker 2: I couldn't really think of something good, so I put I put the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, except for the Celindion.
Speaker 2: Sorry only because I this is such a redded opinion, but like its it definitely feels I'm not like anti sports, but it still just feels like something that like everyone kind of pretends to care about. Like, yeah, when any other part of the year like that, you're not watching discus, like.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right right. I will say I watched.
Speaker 2: The skateboarding and Youth of Horror Gomi did it again and that was pretty cool.
Speaker 5: But did you see we lost in shooting somehow.
Speaker 1: I only watched the skateboard.
Speaker 5: Only unless it's a school shooting or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, sadly it's like ass or school. But the skateboarding, I'm like, I'm surprised if someone who's half Japanese like how dominant Japan has been in the skateboarding. Yeah, the women's street competition, like all those teenagers were just fucking it up. Yeah, I'm just I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: It's the it's style, like yeah, because a lot of these skaters have like tricks for days like the guy from Canada was doing some like really interesting stuff.
Speaker 1: But like the Japanese, especially.
Speaker 2: Utoh Horrgomi, has an absolutely immaculate style. Like everything he does is like total bolt rolls away clean as fuck. He doesn't like it's it's so insane. That's technically I feel like that's what matters most to like Olympics, Like like, yeah, you can have like a crazy trick, but if it's like sketchy, like it's not really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if you're not if you don't look like you're like playing Tony Hawk and everything just clean clean, I mean it's like, yeah, it ain't it ain't getting a medal. All right, Well, we will take a break and we're going to come right back and we're going to talk about some of the shit going on in our wonderful country right after this and we're back. So the GOP, the party that is America's most outwardly racist party, is suddenly worried that their racism may be alienating voters. According to multiple reports, it seems that leaders within the party have become increasingly worried that they're reflexive racist rhetoric. I just branded that that's called alliteration could cost them in the election now that Kamala Harris is the presumptive nominee. So last week, Politico reported that leading House Republicans had to tell quote lawmakers to focus on criticizing Harris's record without reference to her race or gender, following a series of comments by their members that focused on Harris's race, as well as claims she is a quote DEI pick. They also worry that Trump and some of his more extreme supporters will be unable to refrain from deploying sexist and racially fraught language, which they fear will hurt them with crucial voting blocks. I feel like many people have decided, but yeah, it maybe doesn't help at this point to keep letting people know we don't like women of color, women color.
Speaker 4: I think they're also, like the GOP are kind of anticipating what a potential debate performance would look like between these two, because because the optics were bad enough when Trump was like looming behind Hillary Clinton in twenty sixteen, like the fucking babaduck, you know, like before. But yeah, it's creepy, like he couldn't help himself, and I doubt it's hilarious. Yeah, I don't think it's gonna work out well. If he just he could be full pit bull and just attack Biden. And it's not the same strategy here, but he.
Speaker 1: Can full pit bull. I thought he was just like dolls worldwide. Mean, I know he like Miami, So I'm going full pit bull and this takes off the hair piece and goes full pit bull rock. He would win every state. You know, he's gonna power up like Michael Jordan when he embraced the ball affair.
Speaker 5: They're like, what about pitbull summer?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, Eisenberg. Look when they when they the hair mister yeah, mister three five, the Dale, thetel the holiday And why do I.
Speaker 5: Feel like the g O P does this every four years where they decide, oh wait, we can't rely.
Speaker 1: On a because they got nothing.
Speaker 5: They only they can only rely But remember, like I remember even the first time I voted, what was when when Mitt Romney ran against Obama? And I remember at that time being like, holy shit, did they really just put Mitt Romney on Telemundo in brown face, like capture the Hispanic vote? And they really did do that. And I just feel like every four years they have this realization where they're like, oh yeah, we can't win if we are alienating voters of colors, so we have to pander in some kind of way.
Speaker 2: But right right, the Democrats are really good at it. Oh hot. The Conservatives have had a really big like identity crisis like ever since really like ever since Trump like lost in twenty twenty or even before that. Because the whole, the whole thing is that like conservative policies like like when you present like an average American with like Okay, we're gonna cut social Security and we're gonna like repeal like you're not gonna be able to get an abortion, and gay people can't get married. By and large, those are deeply unpopular policies. So the whole like conservative and really the whole like fascistic strategy entirely is to like blame outliers, you know, blame immigrants, like say like you're like you know, be prescriptive about like the things that are wrong and then blame like an out group for it. So but the thing is like they're victims of their own success. Because Trump was like the first person to like take that like like instead of doing dog whistles, he used what if he just said that you know, yeah, he would just say like Mexicans are rapist. You know, I'm going to do what Muslim band like stuff like that, Like that's not a dog whistle at all. So I think that like, while Trump has this kind of like TV guy charisma that was able to like kind of captivate people, motherfuckers like jd Vance do not you know, they have no risk, no Aura, no ri And they can't fucking like fashion a message like they talk like fucking podcasters, like they talk like in a way that is no, not like this, but but you know, no, no.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying like like they talk like fucking like these insular right wing like Twitter people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that like that's all who, that's all who they talk to and exchange ideas with ultimately at the top of the party, I mean, I think yeah, And I think this was always the issue with the party following Trump down this path Like it worked. It may have worked in twenty sixteen to be like, what if we really turned it up and see what happens? And that did work to an extent, but every they failed in pretty much every subsequent race, even for many down ballot races. From down ballot candidates that wanted to like specifically emulate that style. Obviously, many Republicans get putted in, but there there are a lot of times you see people go hard on the Trump shit and then like pretty much everyone's turned off and they still haven't quite connected that. But this concern obviously also extends to Trump's rhetoric as well. One person who was close to the campaign said, many others feel that his words are becoming a liability, but they have no control over him. This is a quote from somebody who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Quote. We hope he doesn't act like a crazy racist and sexist person, but we can't control him. There are probably dog whistles and racists and sexist tropes will stumble into His campaign is going to try to keep him out of that rhetoric, but it's going to be difficult because that's all he knows. And yeah, yeah, yeah, hate to see.
Speaker 5: It, and they're gonna be like, well, actually he meant he meant this when he said that, Uh you know, like what.
Speaker 2: It is so like it feels so much like twenty sixteen again time. But but it's interesting because like conservatives kind of have like the same problem that like Hillary Clinton had, where like no one in twenty sixteen, no, like liberals wanted to admit that like Hillary Clinton by and large was deeply unpopular, and I mean that's why she lost. And I think that conservatives are having like a similar moment where they do not realize how unpopular this is, like because they own Twitter and they all like they've like kind of like insulated themselves in this like super online bubble where like they're insane rhetoric of being like you know, like everyone's like childless mothers are are worthless. They're like fucking people if you don't have baby, Yeah, childless women are yeah, yeah worthless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's a gross cat ladle ud like aheah. I'm focused on the women part.
Speaker 4: It's like and on the flip side, Kamala and't have I mean she only has a certain amount of baggage amongst a specific group of like ultra leftists, you know people, and it's I he doesn't have the history, and.
Speaker 1: I think it's not Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't know how to attack her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah not yet. A war criminal right right, Yeah, the vice president, she's a.
Speaker 3: Drug war criminal.
Speaker 1: It's adjacent drug war criminals. Look, I mean, like, look, as long as we're sending munitions to Israel and you feel like there's a strong case to say that you're you are in that camp.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, still pretty immovable in that regard. But yeah, I don't know, we'll say about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think you know, like, you know, racism and bigotry like well, obviously like prevalent in society, Like they aren't the kinds of ideologies that are going to attract new people, right, not in the way that the current GOP does it. And even the most like basic analysis would show you this. But yeah, I mean, like the biggest reason too, a lot of the the these candidates winning, that's a lot to do with the voter suppression. So that's the other dimension to it. But speaking of.
Speaker 10: These weirdos who are just racist and fucking bigoted and just have every kind of phobia under the sun, they really don't like being the butt of the joke, Like, you know, there there's a bit of political wisdom that shows calling.
Speaker 1: The right weird maybe one of the most effective tactics of getting them off message. Many conservatives are like right now, they're trying to push back on the accurate description of their worldview, and it's like clear they don't know what to do, like vivic Ramaswami like Tweety's like it's dumb and juvenile to be calling saying they're weird because this is a presidential election, not a high school prom contest. And you're like, I'm sorry, you're trying to what are you trying to appeal to within people right now? That this is dumb and juvenile. You have people calling some the weirdest fucking insults coming from the right, But yes, this is dumb and juvenile because it's kind of got you off balance. There is this Pulitzer journalist Tina Rosenberg, like, in a New York Times article about like just observing the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, wrote that alt right rallies have six core goals. And I think this is kind of interesting just to kind of keep in mind as you look as we look at what is happening with this, like you know, calling the right weird right now? Their six goals are quote legitimate, legitimize their views, strengthen their self image as part of the downtrodden, unite, their squabbling factors, attract new people to the movement, control media coverage, and feel powerful and heroic. Now, obviously righteous anger is probably the first response that most people like arrive at when looking at this kind of hateful shit, but like, violent clashes typically allow these goals to be achieved very quickly, for like these sort of alt right demonstrations and enable their ability again to look like they are being attacked and that they are the victims and that they have to actually, you know, use a bit of the heroism to be able to fight back. Fucking Antifa or whatever the you know, ap du jour.
Speaker 2: Is for them, like they're doing and they're doing this is a classic thing too, is that they're they'll they're doing cancel culture. They're like like they're trying to get people like fired for like joking about like Trump's ear getting grays like stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're so like it. But I think again, like there are a lot of examples where you've seen, like there was like a like neo Nazi rally in Montana where people just showed up like dressed as clowns and are just like being like look at these jokers and then like all right, let's get out of here. This is like stupid because what they want is people to pull up and scream in their faces. But when you pull up and just do the Nelson from the Simpsons and hit them with that, they're like what the fuck. There was like another example too of like this anti racist sort of like sort of fundraising walk in Germany and like a lot of German like far right figures wanted to protest, so like they too wanted to be part of it to demonstrate, and the people just like ironically clapped for them and they're like, yeah, you guys are killing it.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: And they were suddenly like the ship just fizzled out. They're like man like they were just leaving the route because like this isn't Yeah, but the weird description I think is super you know, it's on the nose for the moment. And like to your point, I think both of you were making earlier. They only talk to these like very strange dudes that are like in tech, and that's where there's a lot of reporting now that you know, like right wing tech billionaires have an outsized influence on Donald Trump. Right now, he's like listeners, Like recently, he's like I love crypto, like he used to not say that ship he's like cryptos than air blah blah blah. Yeah, crypto is I do not think he genuinely under but he did say now we're going to be the crypto capital of the world. And you're like, right, because you talk to some people and they're like, yeah, protect my money, and this is what you need to say.
Speaker 5: And you know, Caitlin has her own coin now too.
Speaker 1: Now she's doing now.
Speaker 2: It's there's a It's worth noting that I read this morning that the choice for jd Vance was propped was pushed on him by Elon Musk, Tucker Carlson, and I think Donald Trump Junior and the three people and those are all, yeah, those are all like gross insane people, like I mean, yeah, I don't know, like with no risk, No, it's I think I think it's the best messaging Democrats have had in a long time, because it's something that I mean, the Biden era was so bad because even though like I think a lot of Democratic policies are popular and a lot of like Democratic candidates were doing well down ballot, having Joe Biden lead the party when he can't speak like is like it's a serious like liability.
Speaker 1: But now like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that just being it kind of reminds me of when you know, I know that Ken certainly won the beef, but when Drake said Metro, shut your bitch ass up.
Speaker 1: And just play those drums.
Speaker 2: That is such a funny like dismissive like tactic, like just being like you're not even worth discussing, Like it's not like these motherfuckers are like like their whole strategy is pulling out like fucking like four Chan means is like four Chan is weird.
Speaker 1: This ship is not No one knows what is? What are you?
Speaker 2: The fact that you have a full like folder of wojacks to like be mean to trans people is fucking weird, man.
Speaker 1: That is that. Yeah, there's no other like it's.
Speaker 5: I mean, the obsession they have with trans people is so weird, like the whole Yeah, like every trans person is a padow now every like it's just like alla, so it's giving obsessive.
Speaker 2: It's like what and why I think I think being dismissive is such a good strategy because it's not worth engaging, Like it's not worth having ideological argument, like having like ideological arguments on like like should trans people exist, like should women be like mandatory to get pregnant? Like this is these are stupid, insane ideas, and it's like it's easier to just be like, no, that's weird, dude, that's fucked up, and yeah, just being like bro, what, Yeah, I think trying to debate, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Right, Debating these things legitimizes it in a way that's not worth doing because you again, like I think I was I may have said it yesterday, Like when especially when there's like an urge to point out the hypocrisy of them too, It's like that's pointless. It's it really is pointless, and play those negate the context that they're trying to like bring you into this debate, like you know, like this is this is the framing that we want to do and just be like bro, fuck this framing completely and like you're fucking weird dude, shut up, yeah, because I think you know that tactic. Again, they're still trying to figure out what to do. They're only demonstrating even further that this is an accurate assessment, and yeah, the weirdness. It's hard to beat those it's hard to beat those allegations because like the other side is when they're when you know, a lot of the time the Democrats are spending time like this is scary stuff, man, this is scary. They like that. They want people to like, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, they're scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then when you see a Maga hat.
Speaker 5: You're like, ooh, yeah that person, I'm like, you look like a clown.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then now you're like, bro, you weird?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 2: What ye Have you guys seen that guy on Twitter that like goes around like wearing a Maga hot Yeah yeah, yeah and no one cares, like, no one pays attention to him at all, Like yeah.
Speaker 5: Because they want that beef. When they go out with the want they want they want confrontation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's again, it's twenty sixteen, twenty fifteen. Shit, it's like trying to like trigger people. It's like and yeah, it's like, I mean, we lived through four years of Trump, like we we were not that triggered anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah become calloused? Yeah right, yeah, sure, I don't know. I've enjoyed.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed this topic a lot, Like I was glad that this was like not something y'all have discussed already because like we I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I think it's some we've been talking about it, but I think because it's interesting to see like, Okay, we're doing something. There's like it's something different now to to sort of you know, get the conversation moving in a different direction rather than again going like because the policies are they're not even real policies, Like you're talking about up ending people's ability to be free or be themselves and not have that be attached to some kind of societal punishment. And I think by just obviously addressing the fucked up nature of that is good to message. But then the zoom out and be like yeah, because they're weird and they want to be all up in your business when they need to be mining their own shit, and this is this is what they're trying to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I've brought this up a few times.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that like like owning Twitter and making it like a super like right wing platform has really like put them I think you use the word echo chamber like I'm gonna use it again, Like it's really like made them like gass each other up in a way that's like, you know, most people don't use Twitter like most people, and also like to the people that.
Speaker 1: Still do, like there's a normal people.
Speaker 2: It's really damning that anytime you see like conservatives like defending like jd Vance in the immediate comments under it, it's like far further right conservatives being like, well, he has an Indian wife and race mixing is bad, and it's like, y'all are fucking crazy, right, there's nobody.
Speaker 1: He said, and obviously she's not white, is yeah, that's oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's so like because he's internet brained too, like he's been on fucking Amy Terese's pod.
Speaker 1: No one should know who that.
Speaker 5: Is, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Good, you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: He's nobody, but like just kind of like a red Scare type but it doesn't matter, Like yeah, like that's the kind of people that these people like are like capitulating towards.
Speaker 1: And it's like like if you look at who jd Vance follows on Twitter, it's like insane. It's like he follows like Ben Shapiro, Ted Cruz and then like a guy that's named like Hitler Groper fourteen eighty eight, whoa like the ironic Groyper, Like yeah, like it's that's it's so they're on appeal.
Speaker 3: All of these people are too.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really really no surprise that they don't respect women. They are too afraid to defend their own partners. It's creat like Ted Cruise, Mitch McConnell, jd Vance. They're they're all they've all had shots taken at their wife and they are just too afraid to sit in the Yeah, and then they yeah, and then they call everyone else how like it's crazy?
Speaker 1: It is, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, that's a very twenty sixteen term, like like that, I feel like that died down.
Speaker 1: We're back, baby, We're back time traveling again. That is a weird term. Like that's a sexual like porn term. Yeah, yeah, and it comes from people. It's like my worldview is derived from tropes I'm seeing in the pornography. I'm consumed, right, Yeah, Okay, what about powered what's that? I know videos where a guy sits in a chair while his wife has intercourse with another guy and he's okay, we just call that lack of character and being a shitty partner. I don't know what a being a partner is, so I'm just gonna have to relate it to the porn. I watch right now, are you talking about my wife?
Speaker 3: Oh you mean the amateur brunette milk.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, oh you mean my stepmam. I see a lot of parallels with JD. Vance and Rondosantus as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they're.
Speaker 2: Both like people that got like gassed up in their own like little bubble.
Speaker 1: But now that.
Speaker 2: They're like exposed to like a big stage, like most people are like, what, who the fuck is this guy?
Speaker 1: And look how fragile like fragile DeSantis's masculinity with is weird lifted up boots and shit, like always just trying to project this like masculine thing. He wasn't just it just looks. The difference is like if he just was like embraced it, I don't think people would notice, you know what I mean. But it's the yea, it's the attempt to try and like shed who you actually are that becomes really like it's really obvious when people are fronting like that, and even when they're trying to do like the like culture warshit, it just like it comes off as inauthentic and obviously like what they're saying is repulsive. But to add to that the insincerity of you're like, d.
Speaker 10: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like for what what are you doing this war? Carmen.
Speaker 2: Did you see the thing where Jady Vance said something about like he wrote something years ago where he's like, and that was the most like I ever felt like a woman? Yeah, well I need to find it. It's pretty funny. But yeah, he's had.
Speaker 5: Something like a hemorrhoid surgery or something.
Speaker 1: Is it real? I'm seeing that he's wearing a Julie mask shirt. It was said, it's a blog post from two thousand and five, and again, this is anything about jd Vance on Twitter. I'm gonna take with a grain of salt, but I'm also gonna take with a grain of I want to believe it. So it says it tells him a two thousand and five of an emotional day where he quote felt more like a female than I ever have or will, and explains he can't watch Zach Braff's Garden State becausey because New Jersey's landscape is so much like Ohio's. The music is so relevant to my life right now. I'm sorry, let go by frou Frou.
Speaker 5: That's so funny that like my life right now.
Speaker 2: Garden State is like his I saw the TV glow like he heard new slang. I was like, man, I should try on women's clothes. I work with Zach Braft. I should I should ask him how he feels.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah you should. Yeah, you should make get get us, get us thoughts on that. Yeah, I was like, it's the most I ever felt like a female than I ever will because I watched Gardens again that JD, You're not tough man. Just embrace whoever you are, because whatever this is, ain't it all right? Let's take another break. We'll be right back, and we do have to talk about Lady Hawk of Tua, the Kingdom of Tua after this and we're back. Hailey Welch. Also, I don't know if you've seen how Haley this is hawk Toa's real name. It's her. Her name is spelled h A l I E Y classic. I know, girls, Holly, I hate anyway, Hailey Welch Ak Hawktua Lady. She's continuing to forge a career off the back of her viral moment. The comedy career she said she was launching hasn't quite come to fruition. The handful of appearances I've seen were not the best. Like she would like introduce like an act at a concert and they're like, they're like, hey, it's Haley Welch. She's like, yeah, welcome to the stage, blah blah blah, and everyone's like, who the fuck is this? Like it's saying the line yeah exactly one. Yeah, people say the line bar exactly say it. But that really, but that doesn't matter because it's all about making that fucking cash money. And it's clear that the people she signed with, like that talent deal with, are doing fucking everything they can to start earning off the back of that bang. Uh. And let me tell you what she is doing. She filed for trademarks for a betting slash casino type service called bet on that Bang bar Mecue.
Speaker 4: I thought you said betting. I thought they were gonna make like stain proof like betting.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's a.
Speaker 1: Pretty gambling gambling called bet on that Bang. Barbecues and barbecue sauces and hot sauce is called hawk sauce and Hoktua sauce. I'm pretty sure you can get Hoctua sauce for free at any restaurant as long as you're very rude to the servers and.
Speaker 4: It will there Just this mame reminds me of dick flavored spit, and I'm not sure how well that's gonna like feel the mass market, but you know that being said, like, I mean, if there's like I.
Speaker 3: Think there was talk of a mouthwash like.
Speaker 1: That, Yes, as filed sun trademarks for sunflower seeds, gum, and mouthwash under the Haktua name. Okay, I just don't look, You're they're just trying for anything. None of this ship's gonna work because this was all based off of flammatio joke. Yeah she made up.
Speaker 2: That is a very interesting point that unlike other like failed mediate like a like Walmart yodel boy or something like that, no one thinks about anymore. Yeah, like yeah, this is it was a joke about sucking dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah discussed but again recovering from a cold and this is like this is yeah, this is male brain internet stuff.
Speaker 1: Like dude, I fucking love that that. She's like the hock tool girl. And then it ends there because there's nothing else there except that you saw someone say something that made you horny, and that's it, y'all. Did y'all see the Bill Maher interview.
Speaker 2: Will had interview was on Bill Maher's podcast, which is you've never seen it. It's like the most awkward thing in the fucking world. It's like it'll Club Random. That's yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Basement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in his like like fuck dungeon and it's like basement. It's like him smoking a blunt. He's like, so are you then straight?
Speaker 1: Like every interview with them, like it's terrible.
Speaker 4: Club Random sounds like what a thirteen year old causes parents' basement.
Speaker 3: That's fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Dode, you want to go smoke a joint down in Club Random?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, my mom's home. All right. Here's here's a clip of Haley Welch on Club Random.
Speaker 11: Every kid, especially your age, wants to be famous. Suddenly the sword came down and tapped you on the shoulder. You have an extraordinary opportunity. Pay close attention today. You will come out here with a lot of knowledge of how to handle this because it's very unique. What made you suddenly famous? Nothing to be ashamed of. What matters now is move past. Let's call it your origin story.
Speaker 1: What do you stand lease home much. Yeah, they were both gassing each other out there. She was like, yeah, I know the blade of God came down. I was scooped up in God's palm and elevated above all the masses. I understand the responsibility I have now. Bill, Thank you so much for your stage like wisdom. Can you teach me to hate Muslims like you do? Also? Please?
Speaker 2: You know I will, I will say, on like a positive note. She does seem like she's got some genuine kind of like charm to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Whether she's like actually like funny and talented enough to like, you know, kind of make it through the big leagues like that's time will tell. Yeah, most likely not, because these memes, you know, come and go, and like you said, it's just a bunch of people trying to make a quick buck and then she'll be you know, waiting tables in a few years. But you know, I wish her the best. Yeah, she seems a little charming. The vultures immediately circled. They smelled the sharks smell money. They said, here we go, let's brand a bunch of stuff. But it even for her, like she was working in a spring factory before this, and you can tell, like I think that was there. There is a like a human like a humanity to her that I think like allowed people to be like, oh man, she's like, I like, she's got some sincerity about it, right, But yeah, the other part I just feel like is being like forced by whoever these people are.
Speaker 1: I think they can sell fucking hawk to a barbecue sauce or whatever. So Also, the video is not that funny.
Speaker 2: Like I remember when I like I kept seeing hawk Tua on Twitter and I like looked it up to find out the video.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, there's.
Speaker 5: Like ten cli it's like drag race that are funnier than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, it's like the final boss of like coworker memes.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh my god, it's.
Speaker 1: Like per like co worker humor.
Speaker 2: Like it's like literally a video someone shows you that, like you'll touch the screen to see it.
Speaker 1: You'll like touch the screen to see how much time is left. Yeah, you know, it's pretty funny, right, Wait did you say hawk to you? All right? Hold on, hold on, wait wait wait wait wait you didn't you missed it. I feel bad for her poor and who is doing the bulk of the talking for most of that's like get the whole clip. It's like her home world that's talking, and then she comes in and now she's got chewing gum and hot sauce trade marks that will probably be I don't know, at ath urban outfitters near you, that's probably where they're going to sell that kind of shit. Well, Jane, Carmen, it's been a pleasure having you on the daily zeitgeist today. Where can people find you? Follow you and tell us about some social media or other media that you're loving.
Speaker 5: My apt is at to the Carmen Laurent on Instagram. It's the only social media I have. I do have a podcast on Patreon. We do one free episode a week. We do one Patreon episode a week. It's called Tea Time, which is twenty time. But we can't put that on the actual act. And yeah, a piece of social media that I've been liking. Are we doing that right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carmen, I'm gonna do one for both of us because I know that both of us enjoyed the thol Okay, okay, I'm gonna put it in the chat in case you want to, but they all remember miss you and me Park Oh, God, these North Korean expat who just like tells insane lies about North Korea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah can if you would oblige, could you play the video that I just showed the chat.
Speaker 11: Talk about this?
Speaker 2: But people are like, she didn't just say hunting poop, right, yeah, tell us about hunting poops.
Speaker 7: So I know, like in North Korea, literally nothing to throw away, including your poop and pe so garments gives us kora. They don't. They are so poor they cannot even afford the fertilizer. The country makes long missile like test Am, they cannot make the fertilizer, so they ask people give them kora. Like in your family, if you have four people in the family, bring one ton of poop in January?
Speaker 1: How is that possible? I mean, does a family of four make one ton of poop each? No?
Speaker 7: And you're not you don't even put on some monthly if you're a star of there, don't poop at all there.
Speaker 1: Right, So weird, what are they expecting?
Speaker 7: So that's why we have to go steer poop and hunting poop and deep there are poop thieves and in the black market they start.
Speaker 1: Poop so that you can make your corea.
Speaker 7: So rich people, the governmental fishers, they have money, they go black market and buy the poop and then give it mid their kora otherwise they're gonna get punished.
Speaker 1: That is so like let letting that sink in is so frigging bizarre, right, Like the idea that you have to collect something that most of us would never want to touch. Who is this host such a podcast? So what do they That's like, let me just process this.
Speaker 2: What's awesome? That's what talk to a girl should should pivot to. She should be in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Wait, I thought you were from Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Whatever, whatever, whatever it is, she should start making podcast appearance.
Speaker 5: I just love how she immediately goes poo poop pee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, stop it there, That was what I was really enjoying, Janie.
Speaker 1: Where do they find you? Janey Danger dot com.
Speaker 2: You can uh keep up with like my like shows and ship and buy some merch if you want. That's also got a link tree to like my Instagram Janey underscore Danger on Twitter. It's at wive Sucker. But yeah, if you go to my website, there's like a link tree there that has a bunch of stuff like that. I have a new album called East Atlantas and check all my music's on Spotify. You you can go to band camp maybe get some money if you want. You can listen to what listen to where the Masquerades alter stage on Sunday. Yeah, yeah, Masquerade on Sunday. I got a lot of merch too, if you want some. If you're a fan of the Saul franchise, as as I am, I got some cool shirts for you. They're really comfy, nice. So yeah, yeah, thank you all again for having men.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's always a pleasure having the both of you. Justin thank you so much for joining me today. Where the people find you, follow you? And what's some kind of media you're liking?
Speaker 4: Of course you can find me at j con the Smith. That's j C O N t H E S M I T H on Instagram only in piece of media I've been enjoying. I'm actually I really liked X Men ninety seven. That's been out for a while, but it's just so so so well written. I don't think it's gotten enough praise outside of the nerd sphere, and I feel like a lot more people should be talking about it. And then coming up Batman Cape Crusader is another animated project that has Matt Reeves. Yeah, it comes out tomorrow, actually, I think August early, Yeah, August versus the first episode. And Batman is a fascist who kidnaps children, but he's my problematic fave. I just I really love seeing how dark and gritty that stuff can get.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh and also another piece of media, X Ray Vision. I'm sure they'll cover Batman Cape Crusader on there. My sister produces that show and constantly talks of Carmen and how great she is on the show, and she's all the time in my house. Joelle is like, oh, I love Carmen, thank god she's here.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 4: Check out Xtra Vision with Rosie Knight and Jason Concepcion. If you like nerd stuff, it's it's really fun listen.
Speaker 5: And yeah, yeah, I think they did a I think they did a breakdown for each episode or of X Men ninety seven. No, they did the finale.
Speaker 3: I want to say, nice, I haven't. I haven't gotten a chance to check that out yet.
Speaker 1: But formative, formative, formative show for me, especially that theme song, I could probably in my mind you can find me at miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. Jack and I have the basketball podcast. Miles and Jack got mad Boosties. If you like ninety day Fiance, you can catch me on four to twenty Day Fiance talking about the entire ninety Day Fiance universe. Let's see a work of media I like. There have been a lot of white dudes for Kamala. Funny tweets I've seen on Twitter. One is from at Komaniski underscore are that tweeted derailing the white men for Kamala? Zoom call by asking if anyone here is into steely dan.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: And another piece of media I've been actually liking is I've been watching just started that show Supercell on Netflix, that English show about like these black people in the UK or in London specifically who get superpowers suddenly trying to figure out what to do with them. So yeah, that's been what I've been watching. You can find us at daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the Daily zeit Geist on Instagram. Got a Facebook fan page at a website daily zey Guys dot com. Worry post our episodes in our footnotes footnote thank you Carman understood the assignment where we will post off links to the articles we discussed, as well as a song we're going to ride out on and guess what we're writing out. This wonderful artist has a new album out called East Atlantis Sober, and we are going to write out on the titular track of East Atlanta Sober. You guessed it, East Atlanta Sober by the one and over man Janey Danger stick around because guess what, we got the rights to this one, so you can hear it like the olden days of the show. There will be a track at the end, So this is East Atlanta's Sober Janie Danger Janie. How anything else? You'd like to intro this track by saying.
Speaker 2: Ah, fuck hell first song on the album, and if you like it, you should listen to the But I don't know, I'll say I went on Carmen's podcast recently and she let me yat about the new album for like an hour. So if you like it and you want to hear some more like lore about it, Pizza, please listen to that, because yeah, when people ask me about my music, I will go on forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's just let it speak for itself. And if you want more lore, listen to my recent episode with car Perfect.
Speaker 1: So this is East Atlanta's over by Janie Danger the Daily Seye Guess. There's a production of iHeart Radio. So for more podcasts, check out I Heeart Radio Appple podcast wherever it gets your shows for free. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We'll be back later today to tell you what he is trend. We'll see you that. Bye bye.
Speaker 12: Here's a small screen over my eyes.
Speaker 2: There's a gold fot in my bad.
Speaker 12: There's a girl over the ring, a dring from me that wants me fuck me died broke meal and my arm rostrings on my fall. Let me caledforne sore in California.
Speaker 1: Where's a far from the South room. I don't want to.
Speaker 9: Fell dying.
Speaker 1: I was mad and a big and that I will want well, I have a lead.
Speaker 9: Said or any atland So where once again the Silan sober once again? I think Pisatlantis sober once for I Metlanta sober once again, like yah
Speaker 8: Again