Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy.
Speaker 3: Speculation and advice.
Speaker 2: Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Chargian. Co hosts today are Scott Fish and Matt Harrison. Hey, guys, Hey, Hey, it's exciting to have you here. It's exciting because this is This is not the toughest bye week in terms of quantity of teams. This is the toughest bye week by quality of offense.
Speaker 4: That rams offense is just.
Speaker 1: That's not a half bad off well not last repin.
Speaker 5: But yeah, there's some starters, there's.
Speaker 4: A lot of isn't already on another team. I'm pretty sure he's on a new.
Speaker 1: When they signed Carson Wentz and they drop brettin I think, which would have been smart. Right, Good Lord? Was that bad? Wow? You know what's not bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Seahawks. He's on the Seahawks, the Sea already, that's it. One week later.
Speaker 1: What's not bad?
Speaker 4: This show?
Speaker 1: This show isn't bad. Oh, we are here to get you ready to find a bunch of great replacements for your starting players. We're going to go through all the games Fantasy Football Weekly style, with all the letter grades you're used to hearing. That would be ABC and bench that would be the grades. Take a chance on me nine players not normally in your starting lineup. We'll answer three tough questions, and we'll give you premature speculation, including a familiar name that's been that you haven't heard from it a little while. Oh but he's back. Oh yeah, we'll find out who that is. I don't even know who it is, no super scarre for reasons. You know, sometimes people ask me, like, what how you pick the order of teams that you do, and why do you put.
Speaker 5: Different spot in alphabetical I.
Speaker 1: Don't think in Let's go back to history, the twenty nine year history of this show.
Speaker 4: I did this on purpose.
Speaker 1: We've ever had the Monday night game. We did that last week or the week before as our first game off four headed first. It was last week, just last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, new tradition here Weekly got good lord.
Speaker 1: I think at the time I didn't know it was the Monday night.
Speaker 5: At the end of the show. We were like, I think this is the Monday nighter and we looked at it when no, the first one.
Speaker 1: We did was good Lord, I thought it'd be fun falling apart, Broncos taking on the Bills. Suddenly less dorm Mattie, Broncos on the Bills. It's in Buffalo, Scott, right, what you expecting for the Denver side of this game, Well.
Speaker 4: Let's start on the passing side. I man, it's been under two hundred yards for four straight games from Russell Wilson, but he's been scoring at a really decent clip this year. He's just been blowing out the toilets in his mansion. Sixteen touchdowns this year. What was that a funny way to phrase it or something? Sixteen touchdowns to tech toilets.
Speaker 5: Phrase?
Speaker 4: Yes, Mac Jones, Baker Mayfield, and Joe Burrow all just tagged the Buffalo Bills their opponent this week for multiple scores in the last three weeks. Game scripts should be in favor over US here and the pass catchers as it's the middle of the pack past d and they should be trailing most of the ways. So I have a se grade on Russell Wilson. I have c grades on Curtland, Sutton and Jerry Judy as well. Sutton, he just keeps scoring. He sees forty four percent of the team's end zone targets, which.
Speaker 1: Is just huge.
Speaker 4: That's an insane clip and it makes sense when you look that he's scored in six different games, including three straight. He's going to get the tougher matchup against Razwell Douglass there, but he's the target leader. Scores a ton. Broncos are gonna have to pass a lot. I got a C grade there. Jerry Judy with a C grade also five plus targets every week. Usually a three catch guy usually needs to make a play, but he again gamescript and the better matchup against Taron Johnson in the slot, who's giving up a one hundred and twenty point seven passer rating against it.
Speaker 1: Taron Johnson used to be a really everyone's.
Speaker 4: Well you'll see that. It feels like everyone's will one like three one year we'll be talking about, Oh, he's got this matchup, and then two years later, oh, he gets this guy.
Speaker 5: Yay, he's not Taron Johnson anymore. He's Torn Johnson. Boy, Torn Johnson sounds really bad. Oh boy, I'm sorry Brian.
Speaker 4: That sounds. That sounds. It sounds like something that could happen to Russell Wilson while he's blowing out those toilets in his manchine. Anyway, let's go over to the rud game. It's a B or C. There was the sea on Jerry Judy.
Speaker 1: Yes, considering he's got like one touchdown, I.
Speaker 4: Know he's if there was a B to B play, Todd be Corland soon. But I gave him a really strong safety Javanta Williams I've given. I'm giving the B grade two. Since returning from injury, Williams has started ramping up the role each week ten touches to eighteen touches thirty touches last week, increased pass game work. The Buffalo Rundy isn't the one from a few years ago. They're bottom six and receptions and receiving yards allowed to backs fifth, highest yards per carry, tenth, most rush yards, twelfth, most rushing touchdowns. They're not They're not a completely stellar rundy anymore. Uh, the game script's not gonna be in Williams's favor, but I'm giving him the B grade here. He gets a lot of that pass game work that works really well against the Bills and a day actually wouldn't even shock me. Here over on the other side, Bills, Josh Allen's got an auto a really until he proves this wrong, multiple scores in all but one game.
Speaker 1: Steph Tiggs, Steph Diggs. A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's noteworthy his low worst fantasy day is thirteen point six fantasy points in PPR. Like that's he doesn't miss, he's gonna get certain, But until he doesn't show up, I'm going to keep betting on him. I'm with you, Gabe Davis, by the way, getting close to auto, very close, very close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead with with Gabe Davis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The last two weeks has had the blow up game and the and then the zero catch get.
Speaker 4: Which it was sandwiched by goose eggs.
Speaker 1: Actually that's a great point, yeah, racing fantasy owners, Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: And Shakira is stealing work since Knox's has left, so I have him on the bench. Dn Kin gad as you mentioned a grade here leads NFL and catch raid eighty eight point eight nine, so ninety percent of his catches there are targets he's catching. Since Knox left, He's gone eight for seventy five, five for sixty five and a score ten for eighty one. Like many defenses, the Broncos are hitting miss. But the three times they had a tight ends see more than five targets seven for eighty five and two nine for one to twenty four six for fifty eight. Coincaid's averaging like nine targets a game with nine times nine targets a game with knocks out just eight grade there nine time. James Cook is only getting the C grade. I don't care that he's playing the Denver Broncos and how big of a smash spot it is, because he's he's underperformed in a ton of every week. And you know what happens to him once they get to the opposing twenty yard line. It's like the outfield in Field of Dreams. They just don't invite him in. They're not inviting him into the red zone to do thirty four year old references work on the show. Yes, doubly the touch.
Speaker 5: That's the best kind of reference for the show.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is exactly what we said was gonna have cock. Cock is nine times old nine.
Speaker 4: All right, So I have a C grade on him. He should have a be in this matchup for better, but he just can't. I can't do it. C grade Murray and Fournette I have on the bench because I'm worried that they're now going to split rolls. And Murray has only converted two of his nine attempts inside the five. He's not just he's just not converting.
Speaker 1: No, can't start either one. Yeah, Texans take on the Bengals. Man Texans obviously coming off an amazing game from c J. Stroud with almost five hundred passing yards of five touchdowns. Unbelievable for rookie who, by the way, as amazing of all the amazing things that c J. Stroud has done this year. One interception at the halfway point of the season. Come on, are you shabby? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: On pace for twenty eight touchdowns, two interceptions, I'm unbelievable.
Speaker 1: No Nico Collins in this game, though, and that does change the things a little bit and a much tougher opponent in the Bengals secondary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely more of a difficult task than the Buccaneers last week, since he has allowed multiple scores only twice this year, but two of the last three quarterbacks they faced have topped the three hundred yard mark, so tough to take him out of your lineup. I'm gonna give Straud a B grade in this one. My favorite of his targets this week Dalton Schultz, Oh Schultz for sure. Schultz has scored in four of his last five games and went absolutely berserk last week eleven targets, ten catches one hundred and thirty yards in a score, and in the last two weeks alone, the Bengals have allowed nine for nine to George Kittle and ten for eighty one to Dalton Kincaid. I'm giving Dalton Schultz an A grade here.
Speaker 1: I'm moving them up my rank.
Speaker 5: Yeah. All the Texans wide receivers had a great day last week, and Noah Brown was the big waiver wire target by everyone after his one point fifty three in a score. I'll throw a C grade on him this week. So he'll travel against Mike Hilton from the slot most often. Hilton allowed seven of eight of his targets against him to be completed last week, so I like Noah Brown here. Nico Collins has been ruled out as charge mentioned, so Tank Dell and even Robert Woods, who looks like he's gonna play. They both come in as a C grade. The perimeter corners for the Bengals have done a pretty decent job this year. They've only allowed two total wide receiver touchdowns in the last four games, but they have allowed six different wide receivers to get to at least sixty yards in that span, So I think sixty yards ish for Tank Dell is probably the low end. But I'm a little nervous that he can't get the touchdown here. Damian port Pierce, he's going to be out again this week with an ankle injury. So it's Devin Singletary and nearly a Bell cow Roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll look where that got him last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Singletary got all but one touch last week, took all fifteen of those touches and managed twenty six yards. That's a good bucks run defense. The Bengals aren't as dominant against the run. They are allowing four point four yards per carry. That's actually seventh worst in their league, but their other stats are pretty good. We'll give Singletary the volume see here.
Speaker 1: And you know how it's fantasy football, so you know this is gonna go. Yeah, everybody, everybody pivoted to Singletary last week because Damian Pierce sucks and they did nothing, and now everybody's gonna go away from Singletary and exactly, yeah, you know, that's just it's so fantasy footbeal.
Speaker 5: On the other side, Joe Mixon similarly gets all of the work for the Bengals. He usually finds the way to get to sixty to ninety total yards each week. He had fourteen carries last week against Buffalo. Every other Bengals running back has fourteen carries total on the season.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: Houston against the run is well what the kids call mid. So it's a B grade for mixing. Joe Burrow has seemingly been healthy for a month now, and he has ten touchdown passes in his last four games. He's getting a B grade today. It's close to an A grade. But the Texans are allowing the second fewest amount of passing scores on the season. They've only allowed seven passing touchdowns in eight games. And his wide receivers are a little bit and let's talk about them.
Speaker 1: Higgins ruled out. That's very dinged up, and we don't even know the chase is gonna go.
Speaker 5: It looks like Chase is heading in the right direction with some back tightness. I imagine he's gonna go. If he does go, I think he still gets an A grade in this one. If you need to start Tyler Boyd or Trenton Irwin, you could do that at a C level. Irwin saw ten targets in the last game that Higgins missed, and Boyd has scored and two of the last three. Plus seven different wide receivers have reached forty five yards against Houston in the past three games only, so the Texans have only allowed two touchdowns to the wide receiver.
Speaker 1: We talked about it last year. It's a really good secondary.
Speaker 4: Also, nobody talks about Derek Stingley was designated to return, and he didn't even have an injury designation on Friday.
Speaker 5: So both of the touchdowns to the wide receivers came from the slot. Though that's good for Tyler Boyd in scoring. If I felt stronger about a tight end, they'd be start worthy against the Texans bad defense. But irv Smith and Tanner Hudson and Drew Sample are getting all mixed sten together. If it was one guy, definitely startable in this matchup. But three.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I don't think we want to go there. Where we do want to go, it's to Minnesota for Saints taking on the Vikings. Lots of interesting angles in this one, particularly with the Vikings. Now with Josh Dobbs at the helm, find out what you can do with your Minnesota Vikings and nine players upon whom you can take a chance when we return to Fantasy Football Weekly. Not normally in your starting lineup. We've got players to whom you could pivot. Got bye week problems, We're here to help. Maybe you liked Patrick Mahomes or two or Jalen Hurts. I've heard good things about those guys. You need a quarterback, Yes, let's give him some quarterbacks? Sure, pivot to beginning with Scott Fish.
Speaker 4: Sure, I decided to only pick players this week. We have a y in there named so going to limit you a lot of times, it really is. But I'm gonna start with Baker Mayfield at quarterbacks. Since Week four, Mayfield has been a Top twelve quarterback in four of the five games, multiple scores in back to back. Mayfield has four to twenty plus yard completions in three consecutive contests. In fact, in the Over the last month, he's taken thirty four shots over fifteen yards. He's just chucking it downfield. It's eight and a half per game. Titans past the is bottom ten in deep ball completions allowed. That's been a bad secondary all year. They've held down some lower end in con dunk pass attempt guys, but gave up big games to deeper throwers in high passed the temp. I like Baker this week.
Speaker 1: I thought you might go Maddie Ice.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well he's like retired. Kind of makes.
Speaker 1: Harder, but it would have fit the criteria. Yeah, you're taking chance on me quarterback man.
Speaker 5: I've decided to only go with guys who have two rs in their name this week, so I've got Brock Purdy the first one. He's rostered in just about every league, but probably not widely. Started after a few rough weeks, he did tally three hundred and sixty five passing yards last week. Again, Cincion added fifty seven yards on the ground, which is kind of crazy for Brock party. The Jags appear to be a middle of the road opponent, but out over the last four weeks, something has changed in the way that teams attack them. In the first four weeks of the season, the Jags were seeing thirty four pass attempts and two hundred and fifty passing yards per game. In the last four games, forty eight passing attempts per game and then three hundred passing yards.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 5: They are chucking the ball fourteen more times a game against the Jaguars. Right now, I think everybody's keyed off on something. They're going to be chucking it.
Speaker 4: Okay, charged you have to use the word chucky did your quarter because that guy both.
Speaker 1: Did I for my theme, not realizing that the show I have decided to use players with both vowels and consonants in their name.
Speaker 4: That was all so hard, so hard.
Speaker 1: So we're going with Will Levis up against Tampa Bay. Now, Tampa does have two games worth the tape to pick apart his tendencies, and that worries me a little bit. But I love the fact that Will Levis has the deepest a dot of any quarterback who's played at least two games. Eleven yards per throw. That's like, that's Tampa just got roasted by C. J. Stroud.
Speaker 5: Church. You had the easiest theme of all you have all rookies.
Speaker 1: I do have all rookies with vowels and in their name. Tampa just got roasted, as I was saying by c. J. Stroud, but their struggles go back all season. Here is a complete list of quarterbacks who have failed to score multiple touch downs against Tampa Bay. Derek Carr, okay, that's everyone else multiple touchdowns against Tampa Bay over the last month. Opposing quarterbacks averaging one hundred and one Get this, I I gotta start doing this stat more often. Over the last month, opposing quarterbacks are averaging one hundred and one extra yards over their average when they're playing Tampa That's insane. That is a lot. Yes, that's crazy, Will Lovis. Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Jalen Warren. Warren's top five and explosive run rate for the Pittsburgh Seilers, of course, and leads the league in miss tackles per attempt. He's efficient with the touches he gets. Packers are the twelfth easiest spot for running backs. Green Bay has held out some poor running backs that have helped that ranking too.
Speaker 1: All right, you're running back, Matt, I've got Tyler al Jeer.
Speaker 5: Those are the ours. Arthur Smith won't be pushed around. He had to defend his lack of Bijon Robinson usage in a press conference this week. But this is about Tyler Algier, Arthur Smith's one true love. Algier has led in rushing attempts over Bijon four times in the last five weeks, all while Bijeon is getting about twenty more snaps per game over over that span. Algier has also had every running back carry from inside the five since Week two. Even if Bijon dominated the touch totals this week, there's still plenty to go around. Against the Cardinals, the Cards are allowing thirty one running back touches for one hundred and thirty eight combo yards and a score and a half per game to the position, all rank in the bottom three in the league. Tyler Algier start him.
Speaker 1: The nineteen thirty eight film Algiers starring Hetty Lamar, one of the great classics that put Hetty Lamar on the on the.
Speaker 4: Hetty Lamar gets mentioned on this podcast more than any other podcast, for.
Speaker 5: Sure, mostly because we say Lamar Jackson is very heady and how he sees the game.
Speaker 1: That's true, but we love Hetty Lamar on this podcast to be clear, and I highly recommend you check out the nineteen thirty eight classic hel Jieers. Yes, Zach Sharboney goes up against Washington. Kenneth Walker not in the injury port, but he wasn't last week either and he barely got any use. So we're gonna just give a shot here to Sharbonay Washing. It's mostly about Washington being bad. In the first game without Montes Sweat and Chase Young, Washington promptly gave up their third most rushing yards of the season and allowed the previously struggling Romandre Stevenson to run for ten yards per carry.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That is pretty good. Zach Charbonay will be are dart throw this week. And Scott, let's go to the receivers for you, which why receiver do you have?
Speaker 4: I am going with Jaden Reid, wide receiver of the Green Bay Packers. The Pittsburgh Steelers, their opponent this week, are allowing the second most Fantasy points to the slot and just gave up six catches for sixty six yards to Kyle Phillips. They've been tagged by a lot of slot guys this year. Jaden Reid, also top ten for targets inside the ten yard line in the NFL this year, also has a rushing score in that zone highest yards per route run against the slot as well. For the Steelers. It's a good spot for.
Speaker 1: Him, Matt If you're so inclined to Netflix, you can watch Bombshell the Heady Lamar Store. Hmm, cal So, who's your receiver?
Speaker 5: I've got Hunter Henry. With all of the injuries and just inability from the Patriots wide receiver group, there's definitely room for a veteran tight end to become the woobie for mac Jones. Henry saw seven targets last week, caught four of them for thirty nine yards and a score. What's better is that the average depth of those targets was eleven yards downfield. Pretty good for a tight end. Mike Gasicki surprisingly only saw one target last week. This week, they faced the Colts in Germany. The Colts have been middle of the pack against the pass overall, but they've been dinged by the tight end position a little bit. They've allowed the fifth most receptions in the fourth most yards to the tight end position this year.
Speaker 1: I believe it was last week the week before, Matt that you used Jackson Smith and Jigba. I'm going back to the well because it's Washington now. Jsen led the Seahawks and targets last week with seven on twenty one routes. Usage is rising almost weekly for Jackson Smith and Jigbo over the last five weeks. Washington allowing the most yards and the most touchdowns to opposing wide receivers. So you know Locket's taken dk metcap day. Oh yeah, you know. So there's gonna be opportunity here for Jackson Smith and Jigba slock cornerback Danny Johnson allowing a passer rating of one hundred and thirty five over the last five weeks. It's going to the Saints taking on the Vikings. This is a thorny matchup, and I apologize, so it's going to be a lot of talking. But there's just a lot of interesting angles on this one. I want to start with Alvin Kamara. Now, the rushing has been totally forgettable and the Vikings have turned out to be a pretty good run defense, and Taysoon Hill is stealing some of his scores, but the receiving usage for Kamara is so strong, you got to keep starting him. The Vikings have been tough against receiving running backs all year, including holding the Falcons runners to combined two receiving yards last week. But in the last month, AJ Dillon put up forty one receiving yards, got fifty one receiving yards. Those are decent numbers. Here, Alvin Kamara clocks in with a PPR C and a non PPR sorry PPR B and a non PPR C grade. Let's go to the passing game and slash running game. Let's talk Taysom Hill, because what he's doing right now like unprecedented, like history of NFL stuff really wild. So in the last three weeks alone, we're talking about a guy who has thrown, caught and rushed for touchdowns and multiple touchdowns at that. His current passer rating is one hundred and fifty six.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That is pretty good. It's better than his starting quarterbacks in the last three weeks. Very involved in this offense. Opponents just can't seem to stop. And he's getting eleven touches per game. That is enough to make him startable here, particularly when you're talking tight ends with eleven touches I'm interested. I think the Vikings are going to shadow him with their star rookie linebacker Ivan Pace, who's allowing just five receiving yards per game in his coverage. But Hill Taysom Hill on fire right now and can win battles a lot of different ways. B grade for him. Let's go to some other receivers like Chris ol Lave. He's got a strong individual matchup on either outside side against Minnesota cornerbacks of Caleb Evans Byron Murphy. Over the last five weeks, those two have allowed a very healthy total of six receptions seventy one yards and almost a full touchdown per game against them. Now, the problem for a Lave has been scoring. Despite having the eighth most targets, just two touchdowns on the year, and the Vikings have only allowed two wide receiver touchdowns in the last six weeks, and over those six games, no wide receivers topped eighty three yards. So I can only get you to a C grade on Chris ol Lave. What about deep bult guy Rashid Shahid a favorite on this show me Thor I think Scott I guide as well. Going into this season. We're big fans leading the NFL with nineteen yards per reception.
Speaker 4: Wow, weirdly feels low after that game where you have over fifty exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh, He's probably the biggest boom or bust receiver this side of Gabe Davis. So which one are we gonna get here? I think the matchup is pretty appealing. Vikings are increasingly using rookie cornerback Mackay Blackman, and he's allowing the deepest a dot of any cornerback nineteen yards. M You will note earlier I mentioned Rashid Shaheed's average catch nineteen yards.
Speaker 4: Those are the same numbers. That is the same number.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna give Rashid Shida starting great here with a C. Michael Thomas is on the bench. There's just no upside here. One touchdown on the year, no games with more than sixty eight yards, and you have all the downside of last week's zero catch game for Michael Thomas. He's lost whatever little burst in separation you ever had. I'm not interested here.
Speaker 5: Do you feel Michael Thomas kind of a sabotage drop guy?
Speaker 1: I don't know if his value is high enough.
Speaker 5: I think he would be still picked up in most leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe just on name recognitional that's what he would get picked up. But I want somebody to pay, Yeah, I want somebody to pay for my sabotage drops. And I don't know that he would garner enough maybe, but I don't want him on my team. So there's that, all right. I think we've hit all the receivers here. Let's talk Derek Carr. He's played well lately, multiple touchdowns and or three hundred passing yards in four straight games. His receivers I've given you mostly C grade, So I can't get any higher than a C grade for Derek Carr against a shockingly improved Viking defense over the past six Viking games, posing quarterbacks averaging zero point eight touchdown passes and just two hundred and thirty two yards. All right, let's go to the Viking side. Let's start with Alexander Madison coming in with a C grade on really just volume. Cam Acres now done for the year. That frees up nine carries per game over the last three weeks, so Madison will get most of those, but not all of them, and we'll talk about that in a second. Pre Acres before Acres was on the Vikings, Madison finished two with two games above ninety yards, and that's a out the max you could hope for here. Over the last four weeks, the Saints have given up one hundred and two rushing yards per game to running backs. I could see Madison getting into that eighty ninety yard range if everything goes well. We're halfway through the season. Madison hasn't scored a rushing touchdown and get this, averaging negative yards on carries from inside the ten yard line. Alexander Madison.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's not good. So what about ty Chandler you're asking. We'll talk much more deeply about him later in the show, but for the moment, just know that he's expected to get more usage and we're kind of excited to see where it goes. But we're not going to start him yet. Let's go to the passing game for the Vikings. A grade for dj Hockinson. How about this for Josh Dobbs. Now this is assuming he plays. He suffered a pretty serious rib injury. It's a pain threshold thing. I think they're gonna shoot him up. They'll play Josh Dobbs loves the tight end position. Get this for the light in this last two weeks, one of which was with the Vikings, not even a full game. One obviously was with the Cardinals. Twenty nine targets to tight ends. It's a unbelievable for Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 5: Seems like it's time to fire up Johnny Munt.
Speaker 1: It might be while with Arizona, Dobs had the highest percentage of throws to tight ends of any quarterback in the league. Last week, in less than the full game, he through thirteen passes to tight end. So TJ. Hockinson, staying with the A grade he's had most of this season, Jordan Addison comes in with a C grade in this game. Tough matchups without Jefferson, He's going to see maybe a few more passes, but the good news really ends there. He's going to see a lot of Marshawn Lattimore and that is a brutal matchup over the last five weeks, Latimore allowing three receptions for thirty five yards per game. That's it. When Addison sees the number two cornerback on the outside, so if he flips sides or whatever, that's Paulson to Dabo. He's great too. He's come about. He's the reigning NFC defensive Player of the Week, and he's Pro Football focused, his highest graded corner in coverage over the last five weeks. So there's no respite here for Jordan Addison in a very difficult spot. If kJ Osborne doesn't go, you could throw a dart at Brandon Powell. Powell scored the game winning touchdown last week, and it's because teams attack the Saints through the slot because those outside cornerbacks, as they mentioned, a Dabo Latimer so good that we've seen just in the last three weeks, Darnell Mooney, Josh Downs, and Christian Kirk all top seventy two yards and get a lot of work in the slot.
Speaker 4: I mentioned that two weeks ago the Saints are top five on the perimeter, bottom five in the slot.
Speaker 1: Yep, Brandon Powell would be the guy to get those looks. So if you're looking for a dart throw, he would be the guy to go to. And that leaves us with Josh Dobbs. Very tough matchup for Josh here. Saints allow the six fewest passing yards barely two hundred per game, But there are some glimmers of hope. The Saints have allowed passing touchdowns to every opponent starter accepting the sense benched righth Tannehill and the off to bench Mac Jones, and two of the past three opposing quarterbacks have managed two touchdowns. What's more, last week, Tyson Bagent ran for seventy yards. Two weeks before that, Trevor Lawrence ran for fifty nine yards against the Saints. So we're gonna go starting great on Josh Dobbs. I don't love the passing, but I think between some modest passing and some decent running c grade for Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 5: Did the Arizona Cardinals give Josh Dobbs clothes to give him his freedom? That works?
Speaker 1: They didn't give him his jersey because, as you know, they didn't make a jersey for him other than his own. You couldn't like go to the team shop and buy the quarterbacks jersey that they knew. They didn't know. Apparently to.
Speaker 4: Lion's take, you got the chart. Yes, you know what can I do? Giants, Dallas? I think they'll make more sense here?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, feel free Giants taking on the Cowboys Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so on the Giant side the passing game, I am not starting anyone in the passing game with Tommy going up against the top seven ranked Cowboys defense, none of the receivers, none of the tight ends with Darren Waller out, So let's talk about Sakuon Barkley, he's averaging twenty seven and a half touches over four games since returning. Nineteen was his low day three plus catches in all ninety eight total yards was his low. It's a top six run dye though running backs have scored in five to the last six similar volume running backs have had B or C level days. Barkley himself only had fifteen touches for sixty three yards in Week one, but that was much less volume. I'm giving him the B grade on a lot of volume against a good Rundy on the other side, Dak press Spot, Dak Prescott. I'm given an A grade too. I originally had it as a B grade because he had a really bad game Week one in the blowout, but he's been They've been throwing way more since, even in neutral game scripts. He's been QB one, QB three, QB two over the last three weeks. And there's a lot of really good quarterbacks on by A grade there basically an autow A for CD lam who's average ten catches for one hundred and fifty five yards on thirteen targets over the last three Jake other receivers are on the bench. They basically need to score. Jake Ferguson I'm given a C grade too. He leads the NFL in targets inside the ten and tied with Hawkinson for tight end targets inside the five. Breakout last week don against the Giants team in Week one. But the Giants their schedule has been helped by a lot. They're so highly ranked because their schedule has been helped by a lot of really you know, inferior tight ends. Five Sea level games or better out of the last seven for Jake Ferguson, So I'm gonna give him a sea Tony Pollard also a C grade like Tony pod last year, should be He's this should be an A grade for him here.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel like this is such a good by low momently.
Speaker 4: Is Pollard is twentieth among running backs and explosive run rate thirty five, thirty fifth in yards after contact per attempt. Just he's not explosive this year. He did score twice on this same Giants team in Week one over the last five weeks, though his best day running the ball is fifty three yards. He needs a few catches to get you that C grade. It's a bottom seven run dee I'm gonna give him the seed, but like twenty twenty two Polar, it would be an.
Speaker 1: A yeah for sure, for sure when we come back. Plenty more matchups to get to, including forty nine Ers taking on Jacksonville Deebo Samuel coming back, does he automatically go into your lineup? Find out when we return. Also, one more week to twenty Guillanteine League. That's it, This is it. You've got one week for a fresh, brand new Guillotine league. This is your final opportunity Guillotine leagues dot Com. Still time to play out the rest of the season in a brand new guillotine league. We encourage you to go Guillotine leagues dot Com. Stay tuned more Fantasy Football Weekly coming up in moments. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Chargy and Scott Fish and Matt Harrison with you. Right back to the matchups, beginning with the forty nine ers taking on Jacksonville and Matt forty nine Ers get back Deebo Samuel into this passing offense, and I gotta believe that will portend an uptick for brock Perty.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that's why he was my take a chance on me quarterback, and he gets a B grade. By the way, Christian McCaffery, he's an A, but we're not going to discuss him. Let's get to Deebo. He does return this week. He's been a full go at practice all week. I will give Samuel and Brandon Ayuk twin B grades in this one. Both move all over the field but spend most of their time on the perimeter. Jacksonville's corner Tyson Campbell has missed the last few weeks with a hamstring injury. He's been limited in practice this week. It seems unlikely that he'll be ready, and in his spot, the Jags have trotted out Monteric Brown, who has been ruthlessly picked on by opposing quarterbacks. He's seen eight to ten and nine targets in his coverage over the past three weeks and allowed a touchdown in every game. So I like both of them.
Speaker 3: Is a bee.
Speaker 5: I got Kittle as a bee as well. After three really good weeks in the last four, Kittle faces a Jags defense that's done a good job at shutting down top tight ends. Travis Kelcey did score against them, but only managed four catches for twenty six yards. Dalton Schultz, Kyle Pitts, Dalton Kincaid were all held under twenty five receiving yards. But with the full complement of weapons back, I think that George Kittle just is still sitting in a good spot and you're not benching him in a week like this. Travis Etn on the other side, he's averaging twenty three opportunities per game this season. He's getting almost all the work The Niners.
Speaker 1: Are couldn't have been more wrong about Travis. Yeah, that's true exactly.
Speaker 5: Niner's pretty good against the run, but they're still allowing about ninety eight combo yards per game and he's got two thirds of a chance of scoring a touchdown. So even what seems like a difficult matchup, I'm gonna leave an a grade on Etn. Trevor Lawrence has had only two touchdown passes in a game twice this year. He's never had three in a game this year. He's only top three hundred yards once. There is hope, though, as Joe Burrow and Kirk Cousins were able to carve up the forty nine Ers defense for an average of three point thirty in the past two games. They also threw five touchdowns between the two of them. It's been really hard to run on the Niners team. They're seeing twenty six completions a game against them, that's sixth most in the league. So I'll give Lawrence a C grade here. Calvin Ridley gets a B. Christian Kirk he gets a C. Ridley stays on the outside, where recent top wide receivers have had some good success. Just in the past three weeks, Amari Cooper went for one to oh eight. Jordan Addison had won twenty three and two scores. Jamar Chase had ten catches for one hundred yards in a score last time. So that's why I like Ridley a little bit better. From the slot, Kirk lines up most often with Isaiah Oliver, who's been the weakest corner in the San Francisco secondary. In his last game, he allowed all eight of the targets in his coverage to be completed for seventy one yards and two touchdowns. Finally, Evan Angram he saw ten catches for eight eight yards the last time we saw him, but he hasn't scored a touchdown yet and the Niners haven't allowed a tight end score since Week one. Still there's hope is similarly good tight ends TJ. Hockinson at eighty six yards and zach Ertz got to fifty three. So I'll give Angram a CEE here. It would be a BEE if I felt a little bit better about his chance to score a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Brown's take on the Ravens in a great defense versus great defense matchup, So there's not a lot to like here. Jerome Ford bench grade in most leagues, startable only in PPR, where he's retained a little value as a receiver. Ford went back to being the bell koal for the Browns last week, but it didn't really amount to much. His recent ankle injury really seems to have sapped a lot of electricity from Ford. He's averaging just two point eight yards per carry since the injury. That is horrible, and Baltimore is allowing eighty rushing yards per game in their last three and they're really good against the run. So there's just not much to like here for Ford. Se grade only in PPR Kareem Hut the other running back. Touchdowns have saved his fantasy value, but he's so inefficient. If he doesn't score, you are looking at a just stone cold dud game. He's averaging three point three yards per carrie and had just two and a half yards per carry against the Cardinals last week. Yuck bench grade Kareem Hunt. The only other starting grade I've got from the passing game is Amari Cooper, who comes in with a SE. He's one of the league's biggest all or nothing receivers with three massive dud games. The rest of him pretty good. One of those three against these same Ravens in Week four, we had one catch for sixteen yards. And this is a better secondary now than it was then. Because of the return of cornerback Marlon Humphrey, can only get him to a C grade. David and Jok, who expected to play through a knee injury. He has scored touchdowns in consecutive weeks, and the good news ends there. Baltimore has allowed the fourth fewest fantasy points to tight ends, along with the third fewest yards and only one touchdown to the tight end position the season, so it's all bad for David and Joko who is on the bench, and Deshaun Watson isn't good, and this is a brutal matchup against the best pass coverage team in the NFL. Baltimore ranks first and touchdown passes allowed, sixth and passing yards and second in PFF coverage grades. Do not start him on the Baltimore side. Lamar Jackson's been killed by Gus Edwards five touchdowns over the past two weeks. I don't think that happens here against a very good run defense. Jackson scored four total touchdowns when these teams met a month ago, in a game of which you only passed nineteen times. By the way, Brown's rank number one in passing yardage allowed it just one hundred and sixty seven yards per game. That is nothing, including Clayton toone putting up fifty eight passing yards last week, which is insane. I can only get you to a B grade. And Lamar Jackson I almost went C grade, but he did score those four touchdowns last time these teams met. Mark Andrews comes in with a B grade because he's spent so reliable, just one game, one bad game all season, three touchdowns the last three weeks, but again brutal matchup. Browns have allowed the fewest points to tight ends this season and only nineteen receiving yards per game to tight ends. That is amazingly good. Only one tight end is eclipsed thirty two yards against the Browns all year, but fortunately he was Mark Andrews previous game, so he had eighty yards. So there's that B grade, Mark Andrews. The only other starter I've got for you is Jay Flowers. Consecutive epic dud games from Zay Flowers, but I am giving him the C grade. He still leads the team in snaps and routes, and even with the diminished productivity, Flowers posted fifty six yards in the earlier matchup with the Browns, and before they shut down the Arizona passing game last week, Cleveland had allowed big fantasy games to six different receivers from their last two opponents, Indian Seattle. I think Zay Flowers can still get you like a sixty yard five to six catch game. That's a SE grade. All the running backs around the bench. I know Gus Overerts has scored all these touchdowns, but Keaton Mitchell is now very much a part of this rotation and infuriatingly just stupid Justice Hill still getting them the most ball.
Speaker 4: You might have all of them, Stupid Hill.
Speaker 5: So it was a stupid Justice is a great courtroom drama.
Speaker 4: Let's make that happen next year on CBS.
Speaker 1: Cleveland only allowed one rushing touchdown, and they rank number one in ESPN's run stuff win rate. And you divide up that work three ways. We can't start any of them. Let's see if we can sneak in one more matchups we can, all right, good, let's bring it on. It is Titans taking on the Bucks. I got a feeling you're gonna already. You gave you will Levis is my yes answer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you like you like the passing game. Apparently I do two a little bit here. I got an a grade on DeAndre Hopkins. Twelve different receivers have topped one hundred yards and or scored against the Bucks this year. It's a good spot for that, including three just last week. Five times the lead wide receiver has top to one hundred yards in the eight games they played. Seventeen targets from Levis in two weeks for DeAndre Hopkins four.
Speaker 1: If I'm Levis too I'm like, where's the where do you throw it to him?
Speaker 4: Right there? And now with Treylon Burke's out like the out here ru Yeah, ruled out here. I actually like Kyle Phillips this week. He had a nice six for sixty six day. He's mainly the slock guy, seventy seven percent slot snaps. Last week. He had a great matchup last week. It's another one here Westbrook A. Kine stays on the perimeter with Burkes out, Phillips inside. Bucks are bottom three against the slot and their defense is really banged up. Miss They're likely missing Jamel Deane and Carlton Davis, so they're gonna have a lot of backups out there. I like Kyle Phillips with a C grade. Derrick Henry I got a B grade on the Bucks are the second toughest run dye, allowing four backs to achieve double PPR points. But the backs that have have gotten the good work are the two closest comps to Henry's workout with workload, which is like seventeen touches for one thirty eight from swift Tyler Algier had twenty four touches for one hundred and twelve yards that's seventeen to twenty two range where Henry lives. Those are the ones that have tagged the bucks. He's near twenty game twenty touch per game average would get you the volume C but his his efficiency is good four point four yards per carrying, nine point two yards per reception decent. It's an okay spot for him. It's a tough D, but he'll get the volume. Ta J Spears I have on the bench. I don't think there's enough room for both of them. No, not against his D. On the other side, Baker Mayfield was my ticket chance on me players, so naturally I like their receivers a little bit too. Mike Evans. Despite a few more targets for Evans than Godwin, Godwin's had a few more better days recently. Those can be traced a little more to tough cornerback matchups like Marshall Lattimore.
Speaker 1: Though, so one doesn't find the end zone ever.
Speaker 4: No, No, Christian Fulton is Evans will get Evans gets and I was kind of gonna go there. Evans gets forty percent of the team's Enzo targets. I mean, yeah, it's just unreal and one of the better AID dots of his career because Mayfield's chucking it for over fourteen yards thirty seven percent of the team's air yards. B grade on Evans, C grade on Godwin. Despite out targeting Evans, It's not been a monumental difference, but he gets the better matchup against Trey Avery, who allows a one hundred and eighteen passer rating against replacing Sean Murphy bunting, who's gonna be out with the thumb probably. I have katea and on the bench. I know, two touchdowns last week, great spot, but the Titans are eight feuist yards fifth fust receptions to tight ends only one or no, they're the only team yet to give up a tight end touchdown. Yeah, so Rashad White. C grade on Rashad White. He's averaging over eighteen touches per game, four plus of them being catches. That's the volume CE right there.
Speaker 1: He's just better lately.
Speaker 4: Yes, he has been better lately. I could have been talked into a bee because just over the last three he's been averaging twenty touches, six catches and one hundred and nine yards, which is quite a bit. His yardages actually went ninety nine one oh nine one nineteen, so nine in couvery right. That's that's how the math maths, right, it's an easy spot to seventh. Ray not in easy spots. Even thranked Titans against running backs Harrison Warren did well last week combined, but they've had a lot of stuff, a lot of good days recently against running backs. I only gave him the CE. You could talk me into a bee, though, I guess I'm not gonna try to.
Speaker 1: I don't know that much.
Speaker 4: But it's like a B minus C plus range.
Speaker 1: It's more like just a be Okay, I'm kidding, all right, let's give him be right in our final moments here. Yeah, what do you think of in Dynasty or Empire leagues? What do you think of buy and low on Bryce Young? I mean, it's pennies on the dollar time right now? Right, You've got a Bryce Young owners like, oh geez, yeah, particularly Sam?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you know, what would you trade Bryce Young? If I offered you an early second rounder next year? Would you take it?
Speaker 4: It depends on the owner because he is having to run around a ton like you can see that. It's a rough offense for him. It's a rough spot for him. Like I've you invested high draft capital. I think if I'm Bryce young owner, I hold.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hold all right. I mean probably probably late first, but probably not early second.
Speaker 1: When we come back, three tough questions, See if you can go three and oh with our panel of experts, as I pepper them with three very well tough questions, some would call them difficult, We'll just go tough questions. Also, Guillotine Leagues dot Com one more week of creating brand new guillotine leagues. You want to get in on the action at Guillotine leagues dot Com. Our number two coming up, our number two Fantasy Football Weekly. This is a game we call three tough questions. See if you can play along? Well, you can play along, but see if you can go three and oh.
Speaker 3: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: With David Montgomery returning for the rest of the season, will he be in RB one, in RB two flex or bench player, we begin with Scott Fish.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think he resumes his role. For the most part. He'll see game scraps, greame scripts, not scraps, not your dog game scripts scraps.
Speaker 1: Also, everybody needs a dog. I've got one named Scraps.
Speaker 4: Then yes, he'll be good for his role. Gibbs may have earned some more work in past game work with what we saw, but we've seen this about a billion times in fantasy football in the last thirty years, where the starter goes down for a couple of weeks, the replacement comes in, is awesome, and then they go right back to right back to the lead back. But I do think Gibbs has earned more work. I was actually watching Austin Eckler talking about the film on these two the other day, talking about a ton of little veteran things that David Montgomery does that Gibbs still needs to learn, and it made me realize why the Lions were depending on Montgomery so much much early. Gave me some respect for that. So I think Monty goes back to the RB one role, and he was, you know, RB five through fourteen most weeks. Anyway, I think he goes back to a low end RB one.
Speaker 1: All right, RB one is your answer, Matt, David Montgomery rest of season? Is he an RB one RB two flex or bench?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Scott nailed it, but I had a few things. Montgomery has eight carries from inside the five this year. Gibbs has only one, which came in Week three, so I think at best he gets his old role back and is able to, you know, take the inside the five carries in the three games, by the way that Montgomery and Gibbs both played, Monty led the snaps one hundred and thirty four to seventy eight and the rushing attempts sixty nine to twenty two. The schedule coming up has a few favorable matchups. The Chargers, the Bears twice, the Packers and Denver are all in there, so I think he's at the very low end. He's an RB two, but he has RB one upside, so I'll go with RB one.
Speaker 1: Guys, hid all my talking points. The correct answer is RB one. The only the only item I have on my list here is, of course, this is the Lin's offense to put Jamal Williams on seventeen touchdowns last year on a per game average. David Montgomery's ahead.
Speaker 4: Of that case.
Speaker 5: Yeah he is Jamal Williams from last.
Speaker 1: Year, but better but better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: By the way, Jamal Williams invisible this season, healthy or not, although maybe.
Speaker 5: Actually invisibility would be a really good trade for running back.
Speaker 1: Incredible, much harder to tackle, tough question number Would that be your superhero trade if you could have one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably, that's pretty good one.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good one. Time travel be.
Speaker 4: Super very very and you're honestly teleportation, So I could just like go get anybody and then come back.
Speaker 1: Oh God, wouldn't that be great?
Speaker 5: You have time travel?
Speaker 1: I heard this be the world's greatest uber or bank, Robert.
Speaker 5: Did you know that Back to the Future and the Goonies took place on the same day?
Speaker 1: What the in the same in the universe?
Speaker 5: Twenty six, nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 1: I did not same day?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: That super cool.
Speaker 3: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: For the rest of the season, will New Vikings quarterback Josh Dobbs be a top five, top ten, top fifteen or worse? Fantasy quarterback? Matt we begin with you right now.
Speaker 5: Dobbs is currently the number nine QB and standard leagues and eight of his games we're in a bad offense in Arizona. He's definitely in a better offense now with a better line, better receivers, better tight ends, and dare I see a coach that might be one of the top five offensive minds in the league. After just explaining the plays to him in his ear, like in the fourth quarter of the game. By the way, he's got the second most rushing yards amongst quarterbacks, behind only Lamar Jackson. He's got the fourth most rushing touchdowns. Those numbers will help keep him among the top ten. I think he's top ten the rest of the way. And by the way, Cousins currently in the top ten, he's certainly going to drop out of there, So there's rue. Yeah, there's another spot open.
Speaker 4: So I literally at that same point.
Speaker 5: I think John he's got one extra spot. It's easy top ten.
Speaker 1: All right, Scott Fish for the rest of the season. Will new Vikings quarterback Josh Dobbs be a top five, top ten, top fifteen or worse fantasy quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I put I put top ten. I feel it's a little bit bold, but along with cousin, Sam Howell's not going to keep dropping back one hundred and fifty times a game. Either is on pace to set the all time attempts right, Yeah, I know, I feel like he's gonna go. Well, maybe not with that defense they might have to now.
Speaker 1: Also, he might literally die on the field.
Speaker 4: Dobbs was QB twelve in weeks one through eight with the Cardinals with less weapons.
Speaker 1: He just said QB.
Speaker 4: I'd QB twelve at nine you might have you might have had points. I might have had points per game and you might have had Okay, But anyway, by defensive DVOA, his schedule in the first half of the Cardinals was in fact, they played three top three top defenses top ten defenses for an Iris, Cowboys, and Begals. It's easier with the Vikings in the second half with better weapons. I feel like he's going to get up there top ten.
Speaker 1: Correct answer is top ten quarterback. You guys already hit many of my points. I'll only had a couple of things around this. You said you talked about Kevin O'Connell. His whole offense is built around magnifying the quarterback position. The Vikings throw thirty nine passes per game, second most, and it would have been most. They're thirty nine Washington's thirty nine point two, so they're that close to throwing the most and almost universally. I think the people who think Josh Dobbs sucks are the ones who, very understandable, did not watch Cardinals football. If you were watching any Cardinals football, I actually the one good guy on the field was Josh Stobbs.
Speaker 4: I have a Cardinals friend who texted me, I'm glad to have or not a Cardinals fan? It was Rams fan? Was it Rams fan? One of my friends texted, oh for an Iris fan? My friend Wyatt from Livermore, California. He texted me, He's like, I'm glad to have mod the division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because dude's a gamer's that's why. Yeah. Top ten for Josh Dobbs. I don't think people realize that.
Speaker 5: Sneaky dynasty question. Where do you what do you do with Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 1: I've got Josh Dobbs and our dynasty. Yeah, I got all these people that have offered me second round picks. Yeah, Like, no, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Could he could he be a starter for the Vikings next next year? Could he be a starter for another teams next year?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: We also could be looking at case Keenum type year.
Speaker 1: You never know, you never know, you don't know, but it's not worth a second.
Speaker 4: I want that year this year, like it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough.
Speaker 3: Question number three.
Speaker 1: Are you buying low on Bijon Robinson from a frustrated fantasy owner or you just glad. He's not your problem, Scott Fish.
Speaker 4: If the owner is frustrated, will get me a deal. Sure, But after watching that more more recent Arthur Smith presser like about Beijon's goalline usage, I one hundred percent believe it's intentional and that he loves Algier and this is probably going to continue until he's fired.
Speaker 5: A league with Tyler L Gier.
Speaker 4: I have been for the last year. I am not this year. I was last year, so I don't have any inside info. And Darren Waller did not accept my trade offer of Darren Waller for TJ Hawkinson, so.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want exciting Well, he knew.
Speaker 4: It was before he went on IR too, and he did not accept. Arthur Smith has only beaten one team with more than one game over five hundred, a bunch of three and five wins. He plays zero teams above five hundred for the rest of the season, so he might get some more wins in here, keep his job and keep doing the same thing. I'm hesitant to buy. It has to be pretty low on Jon. I love his talent. I just don't trust Arthur Smith.
Speaker 1: So there's a yes or no. You're a no.
Speaker 4: This is no. This is no. I think the price is gonna be too hard toomarch.
Speaker 1: Are you buying low on Bjeon Robinson from a frustrated fantasy owner or you just glad he's not your problem.
Speaker 5: In total rushing attempts, Beijon currently ranks number twenty two in the league, behind Jerome Ford, James Cook, Gus Edwards, Brian Robinson, Rashad White, Alexander Madison, Zach Moss, and Oh thirteen carries ahead of him Tyler al Jeer. It's worth noting that he's third in the league in targets amongst running backs, but the quarterback play has been so bad that he's thirteenth in receiving yards. They're just not scheming him into good positions. However, the fantasy playoff lineup for the Falcons is so juicy that you have to try to acquire him on the cheap right now, just in case they face Carolina, the third worst run defense in the league, Indianapolis, the fourth worst run defense in the league, and Chicago the sixth worst run defense in the league. In your fantasy playoffs weeks fifteen through seventeen, Bijon or Algier, both of these guys could be powering you to fantasy titles. I'd try to acquire both on the chief Right now.
Speaker 1: Falcons have the second easiest strength of schedule, remaining the rest of the way. Almost always, given enough time, exceptional talent runs us to the surface. And even someone as dense and in titled as Arthur Smith must realize that his coaching career circling the drain. The court of public opinion is certainly set against him, but so is data metrics, analytics. You know he's got to know it. Team owner owner Arthur Blank certainly knows it. And if you think these things don't matter when it's big enough, you're wrong. I mean, the ownership knows. In an entire everybody, every voice is pointing at a player or a coach. They know it. Just look at the Raiders, if only outright as a great example, if how about the team breaking out cigars after Josh McDaniels gets fired. Oh man, if only out of desperation, Arthur Smith will put v Jon Robinson in better positions to succeed. And I'm buying low.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know if I trust Arthur Smith's side of that, I trust the schedule side. I don't know. That I trust the Arthur Smith side.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Falcons, Man Falcons taking on the Cardinals, it's a perfect transition. Yeah, that was not necessarily intended. So let's start with John Robinson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mentioned Algiers might take a chance on me running back, and I gave him a B grade, and for very similar reasons giving B Jhon Robinson also a B grade in this one. The matchup's great and they're kind of splitting work right now, so B grades for both of them. Drake London looks like he's set to return this week after missing Week nine with a grond injury. He's going to get an A grade for me this week. In the last seven weeks, the Cardinals have allowed at least one wide receiver to hit fifteen PPR points in six of those seven games. Most of that is due to Marco Wilson, who plays cornerback like he's playing Marco Polo. He closes his eyes, then he says Marco to the receiver in front of him, but by the time they say Polo, they're twenty yards downfield. It's been good to see Kyle Pitts somewhat relevant lately, but he still hasn't topped four receptions in the last four weeks, and he's only topped fifty yards twice on the season and only scored once. That's because John Neu Smith is just absolutely running wild. John Ujohanu charges love You think I'm not loving it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I had a long screen pass touchdown last week against the Vikings, and He's got more receptions, yards and touchdowns than Pitts this year. The Cardinals have been oddly good against the tight end this year because they were one of the worst in the league for years against them. Their top ten in receptions, yards and touchdowns allowed to the tight end position. I'll give John u a C grade and I'll keep Kyle Pitts on the bench.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know who that hill you're killing right now, Brian Johnson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't think Pitts has been one hundred healthy all year too.
Speaker 1: There's always an excuse. There is always an excuse.
Speaker 5: Always an excuse for Kyle Pitts. Maybe the excuse is Taylor heinekeve He's staying put as the Falcon starter, at least for this week. He certainly looked okay last week against the Vikings, going for two hundred and sixty eight yards in a score had just a little bit more swagger than Desmond Rider did. On the field too, faces a Cardinals defense that has bottom ten in pass yards passing scores this year with a bunch of quarterbacks on by Heineke's startable in a super flex league with a C grade. James Connor he's back. I think currently he's still listed on IR on your fantasy app. But on Friday, Cardinals coach Jonathan Gannon says he's trending the right direction for playing this Sunday. And what's even more, they released Tony Jones, who's the backup running back, on Thursday, and Amari Demarcato looks like he won't play either, so that means Connor's going to suit up and retain his bellcow role. In the four games Connor started and finished, he had at least twelve PPR points and three of the four. Atlanta looks tough on paper, but they're feasting on some early season success. Two weeks ago, the Titans backs combined for one hundred and fifty six combo yards, and last week the middling duo of Alexander Madison and Cam Akers managed one hundred and thirty one combo yards in a score. So it's a B grade for James Connor in his return. Kyler Murray also making his season debut for the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: He you know, Call of Duty Modern Warfare came out on Friday. Yeah, I mean no, no, that's we can't just assume Kyler Murray is going to be available to play in this game.
Speaker 5: Well, they named him the starters. In the past four games, Josh Dobbs, Will Levis Baker Mayfield, and Sam Howell have all managed relatively good fantasy days against the Falcons defense. I don't think Murray will have the free reign to run after coming off in ACL, but if he does, Atlanta allowed sixty six yards and a score to Dobbs last week and have allowed the sixth most rushing yards to opposing quarterbacks. He's running, He's probably not so, and with Call of Duty coming out, I'm just going to give him a C grade. He's got to knock off some rust and get his thumbs right from all the video game plan. But the last time we saw Marquise Brown and Kyler Murray together and without DeAndre Hopkins, who's not on the team anymore, that was Week six of last season. In the six games last year with that duo and without Hopkins, Brown ridged eleven targets, seven receptions eighty one yards and scored in half of his games. This year, He's had seven or more targets in seven of nine games, and I think his usage is about to go up. The Falcons are two weeks removed from allowing the aforementioned DeAndre Hopkins to go off for four catches, one hundred and twenty eight yards and three scores against them, So Hollywood gets a bee here, and Trey McBride took over the Zach Ertz role. And since we're talking about Kyler without Hopkins, it was worth noting that Ertz had ten or more targets in four of the first six games with Kyler last year. So McBride had a bad week with Clayton Tune at quarterback last week, but that's not surprising. The week prior to that, fourteen targets, ten catches, ninety five yards in a score. I'll give him McBride a B grade as well. All five tight ends that have seen at least seven targets against the Falcons have had double digit PPR points.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 1: You're way more optimistic on Kyler Murray's first game back than I am. But maybe I'm just I'm just not a big fan and don't trust him as just a pure pas and I like the rust and everything else. Yeah, well that goes without saying we're fifty eight yards.
Speaker 5: We're gonna tune out of that one.
Speaker 1: I think we'll do that. We'll tune into Commanders taking on the Seahawks when we come back. Sam Howell, are you ready to go back to the wall? Find out when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchie and Scott Fish, Matt Harrison with you, Commanders take on the Seahawks. I'm gonna start with the running game here. Washington dead last in rushing attempts, which really hamstrings the upside for Robinson. He's barely fantasy viable with his touchdowns. He's got three in the last four games. Fortunately, Seattle getting rocked on the ground right now. They're allowing one hundred and thirty eight yards and two hundred and thirty yards to running backs in the last two weeks, respectively, and four touchdowns over those two games. So we're gonna start Brian Robinson with an unusual level of confidence here and a B grade for Brian Robinson. Yeah, Terry McLaurin. Terry McLaurin Howells unlocked the most consistent play we've ever seen from Terry McLaurin. He runs from the outside where it's a mixed bag against very good cornerback Trey Brown and slumping cornerback Tarreek Wollan. Over the past five weeks, Woland has given up three scores and a passer rating of one hundred two. No wide receivers top to eighty nine yards against Seattle since Week three, So mclaurin's upside tapped out at a B grade. Logan Thomas few big plays here and there, but surviving really on volume with six or more targets in four of the past five weeks. Seattle's the middle of the pack tight end defense. They've only allowed one tight end score. If you like we've gotten out of Logan Thomas in the past, like five catches forty fifty yards. That's what you're gonna get here. See grade on Logan Thomas. The other receivers Curtis, Samuel Jamison, Crowder, Johan Dotson, I'm putting all the on the bench. Dotson has been better lately but not getting enough usage, and Curtis Samuel coming back further mixes things up. All three of these receivers run from the slot a lot where they're going to face. Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Devon Witherspoon has been amazing since a very rough opening game in Week one. Witherspoon is given if giving up guys, get this one catch for fifteen scoreless yards per game in his coverage.
Speaker 5: It took him a game to figure out the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. One game and now he's got it on lockdownp Devin Witherspoon is your your leading candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year. So where does that leave us? With Sam Howell? The kids playing really well. He's on paces at the all time pass attempt record.
Speaker 5: Sure that was Scraps.
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Scraps has got a better howl than that. Thing's awful over the past five games, Howl averaging three hundred and two yards and two touchdown passes per game. Seattle secondary on fire right now, allowing just two hundred and six yards over the last three games, but that was against Josh Dobbs, PJ Walker, Lamar Jackson in a blow out which he didn't throw. So yeah, I still think Howl's pretty safe and I've got a C grade on him. On the Seattle side, Kenneth Walker's really tough to figure out. He's the last couple of weeks he hasn't gotten a lot of usage, but he's also faced the Ravens and the Browns, and he's been recovering from a calf injury. But I think it all turns around here. Commanders is a They're a bad run defense. Their defensive line is in major flux after losing Montes Sweat and Chase Young, and last week their first game without Sweat and Young, they gave up seven yards per carry. Now Ted's are ten yards per carry to the struggling Romandre Stevenson. And as I mentioned earlier, Zach Sharbonay might take a chance at me runner. Oh, by the way, I've got a B grade on Walker, C grade on Zach Scharbonay in this matchup. Let's go to the passing game, beginning with Geno Smith, who has looked frankly pretty bad. Some people think he's gonna get benched in deep like two quarterback leagues. Drew Locke might be somebody to pick up here, but not this week. This is his most favorable matchup of the season. Commanders have allowed the most passing touchdowns, the sixth most passing yards, and the loss of Young and Sweat has means ten fewer pressures per game, and in their first game without those two, Washington registered no sacks and one quarterback hit in the game. So it right now, if Gino Smith doesn't get it done here, you can drop him out right. Tyler Locke and dk Metcalf both very startable here. Over the past five weeks, Washington is allowing the most yards and touchdowns per game to opposing wide receivers. Washington allowing the third most air yards per game and the third highest a dot. Dk Metcalf has a seventy pound advantage over cornerback and Manual four.
Speaker 5: Are you calling him fat?
Speaker 1: No, you can't call him fat, anything but fat, but a dominant, potentially dominating performance and Jackson Smith and Jigba was might take a chance on me wide receiver. Let's go to the Colts taking on the Patriots in Germany, and for that we go to our Germany correspondent.
Speaker 4: Wait, yes, we're going to the Germany correspondent.
Speaker 5: We are going to our I'll go grab him.
Speaker 4: Uh what Church, Well, Matt goes to grab him. This is this is completely unfair. Matt is lazy. Yeah, because I do. I'm doing five matchups this week. Yeah, I get it. Give the people what they want, right, you get four, you're the host. Matt's only to eat three because he's shove it.
Speaker 5: What up.
Speaker 1: And one's hair fish Dieter, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 6: Kaisa, Dieter von Wurtzen, gotton Ish Cooma House, Frankfurt, dosny Gross Brittonian Petriotin and Spielmot Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: Fall in don hastugboards dog.
Speaker 1: I think he just was talking about how Indianapolis is playing the pace at the New and Frankfurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the New British Patriots are playing the Indianapolis young Horses, is what I said, all right?
Speaker 6: Gardner Minshew hot mine and leeblink schnerbart in Deutschland dassis keschmacksaka darfik mane bleischeff Spitzen.
Speaker 4: Wow, he just said. Dieter said that Gardner Minshew has the best mustache in Germany since von Kaiser from punch Out. He also said the Pats have allowed three hundred yards are multiple scores. We we do like our thirty plus year old references around here. Yeah, the Pats have allowed three hundred plus yards or multiple scores to each of the last three quarterbacks they've faced. Minshew has multiple scores in two of his last three so B grade there he'd also asked if he could sharpen his pencil.
Speaker 3: Yaga now.
Speaker 6: Michael Grubeman on Josh Tiefen hot meer zar garn, Alec duerk Boren is mine koopel yaga now Jack Johns and Colomter Bryant has in so shrek loosh spielingm gooomi poopin.
Speaker 4: He said, Uh, Pimman gets an a, Josh Downs hasn't practiced. Uh knee injury questionable, might not go if he doesn't. Alec Pierce will get the C grade. Patriots are bottom eight in receptions, yards and touchdowns allowed to wide receiver receivers. He also said that Jack Jones and Miles Bryant are terrible corners and play and play with rubber dolls. I think he said pretty sure there was something a reference to poopin in there.
Speaker 1: So I don't know the rubber dolls.
Speaker 7: But Hans Schneider ooned Zach Moosse louftzer good, Hans mack Ian Mayer dinah MOOTI tricked gross and Hosen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that those those eight seconds, he said, all of this he gave, He gave it out. He gave Jonathan Taylor and a grade and Zach Moss c. Taylor has basically taken over the backfield, but Moss still gets work. And the Patriots defense is so bad there's plenty to go around. The Patriots are bottom eleven and touches combo yards and combo touchdowns to a posy in running backs. He also said, charges churches mother wears gigantic pants out kind of a fact.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 6: Romandres Stevenson ist ein Deutscher Nama bund Ezekiel.
Speaker 5: Elliott is boomeling and sprinting their castle.
Speaker 6: Doc fallens in so shrekless knack laufen kind Schweine.
Speaker 4: For Doc Wow. He says Stevenson and Elliot and Zeke are both startable with a C grade. Uh, and something about jumping into a chubby kettle. It must have been Zeke related both splitting carries, but the young Horses defense. That's the Colds defense I think is very bad. Bottom six and touches, combo yards and touchdowns allowed to running backs. He also said something about a pig because I heard shine in there that means pig, but not sure.
Speaker 5: Mac Jones East, I'm schweine.
Speaker 4: Oh mac Jones, mac Jones is there? It is? Jones is a peg and you shouldn't start him because he's only top two hundred and thirty five yards once in the last eight games. Were somehow in that forward sentence, Fong.
Speaker 5: Nick m Foger Sit, that's this Yager Henry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't start any receivers unless it's Hunter Henry. Who is Matt's take a chance on me?
Speaker 6: Players choose Vis Sanduce not this yard Snell Snell.
Speaker 1: Dieter audio audio.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, well done.
Speaker 1: Dieter von furtchund goat Boringer? Do we get right on him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What about Maritz Boringer?
Speaker 5: Oh I'm back ohne Yeah, okay, no more.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dieter. That was that was very well.
Speaker 5: I think he likes Max Kepler a lot too.
Speaker 1: Detroit takes on the l A Chargers. Scott I like basically everybody.
Speaker 4: I do too. I don't even know how much to talk about it here, but Jared Goff gets an A Chargers thirty easiest. They're allowing three hundred and thirty teen yards and one point five touchdowns per game to quarterbacks. The only quarterbacks that didn't get multiple touchdowns against the Chargers Beagent Orange, Aidan O'Connell AOC and Zach Wilson. Dirk Goff's way better than that, yeah, or secret beagent Man.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's good too.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, Scott, I didn't know you knew German.
Speaker 4: I passively. I'm passable in German. Yeah, I'm on, I say Brown. I'm also given an a auto, a really double digit target earner against a bottom ten past year. You're benching all the other receivers. None of them are posting more than three receptions. And now you got Donovan People's Jones entering the mix. It's just a giant split. I'm not even if you want to take a chance on one in the highest over under game of the week, I'm not even sure who it should be out of those for honestly, like Josh Reynolds gets more end zone targets, but that's kind of slowed recently.
Speaker 1: So can you even give a like a fantasy fonsie.
Speaker 4: I suppose I could. I mean he's been worthy of that for like weeks on end. Sam Laporta is getting an automatic A really here as well, like the tight ends that get the similar target share to Laporta. Kelsey had twelve for one to seventy nine, Comet ten for seventy nine, Conklin six for sixty six, Hawkinson eight for seventy eight. All great days for Laporta level volume. Ye David Montgomery and Jamier Gibbs we talked about a bit earlier. I got the B grade on Montgomery and the C grade on Gibbs. It's a bottom twelve defense against running backs, but a huge part of that is in the pass game, and that's where I think Gibbs can get His only two backs have topped eighty rushing yards. But Montgomery gets the goal line work, he gets some pass game works, he gets more volume. So I got the B there, I got the C on Gibbs. Over on the other side, justin Herbert, I got an A grade on here despite being QB three and fantasy points per game it's been a little bit matchup dependent. He was held down by the Jets last week. He's been held down a couple times recently, blew up against the Bears. He's dropping back forty one times per game. He gets a middle of the pack Lions defense against the quarterbacks anyway, but they held down Mayfield Jimmy g recently. But others and I would put Herbert in the others category have averaged two hundred and eighty yards and two point six scores, so it's an okay spot for Herbert Keenan Allen should really be an auto A at this level. His worst game this season is a C level game, but he's averaging nearly eight catches on eleven targets, just lots of volume. It's a top ten past day. But they allow a touchdown to a wide receiver weekly. It's going to be Alan. I do have a C grade on Quentin Johnson. I just think it's going to be a really high scoring shootout dud last week, but he was facing Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid the week before he went five for fifty and Palmer played in that one. Palmer's not going to play in this one, so there's gonna be a little more opportunity. The wide receiver two against the lines last four weeks forty nine yards, forty nine yards, forty eight yards, fifty five yards feels like you're looking at four to five catches fifty sixty yards here. I have the tight ends on the bench. Everett could be interesting, but I have them on the bench. Lines have allowed three touchdowns last two weeks. Maybe one can get a touchdown if you're really desperate. Austin Eckler, I actually have a B grade on. It's a tough spot against the Lions. Run Dee near the top. Only one back all year's top fifteen carries none over sixty five yards. Outside of Augus edwards eighty yard reception. The most yards in the pass game allowed is thirty one. Eckler since he came back hasn't top fifty yards. He's averaging thirty seven yards two point six yards per carry. His pass game works underwhelming, but if the running is not working, the pass works. If the passing's not working, he scores. So one of the facets gates you to the B.
Speaker 1: When we come back premature speculation, we will give you three players to pick up that you'll want to pick up this week that everybody else will be trying to pick up next week. Final second Fantasy Football Weekly, Welcome Back. Final segment Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchie and Scottfish and Matt Harrison with you. You can follow us on Twitter. I am at Paul Charchie. I'll have to figure out how to spell it. Scott Fish is at Scottfish twenty four. Matt Harrison is at explosive Output. This is a segment we like to call premature speculation, where we give you three players that are generally available, players will want to pick up now that other people are going to be trying to pick up down the road, and you've already got them. Yeah, we begin with Scott Fish.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Leonard Fournette. It feels a little bit gross, but Latibus Murray is a lot of it. Has played the goal line role for the Bills, and he's not doing well. He's converted two of just attempts. Recently, they've gone to just let Alan run it in because Murray isn't working. Harris is out for that is actually good in the past game as well. It may be nothing, but he may also take the goal line work and a pass game work, and you might have a decent, usable flex play back.
Speaker 1: I like it, Matt, your take a chance on me player, Maybe take a chance your premature speculation player.
Speaker 5: Maybe we should stop trying to make fetch a thing. Yeah that's French. Yeah, that's from Mean Girls. You ever seen Mean Girls?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A long time ago.
Speaker 5: My gosh, what a great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and disturbing actually a little bit, a little bit. Yeah. I felt bad for the girl who got picked on by the mean girls.
Speaker 5: The Lindsay Lohan character. You can feel guilt.
Speaker 1: You can feel bad for Lindsay Lohan. You're allowed.
Speaker 5: She got her revenge meals, Yeah, there is. They had girls too. They had a musical as well, a Mean Girl's Musical. I saw it and it was fantastic. It's very fun. But we all, we all want to make the next Cardinals wide receiver a thing. So let's just do Rondell more. How about that, and we'll talk about the last five games of Kyler and Rondeal together. He averaged seven point six targets, five point eight catches, and sixty two yards per game. Now, if you also consider that we don't think Kyler is going to be running as much, and Rondale's kind of been the average depth of target short game guy. Yeah, they might just chuck the ball to him on screens all the time to keep the ball out of Kyler's hands. He might be looking at a big uptick in usage close to the line, and they're going to try to get him moving.
Speaker 1: Last week I gave Michael Wilson. I still prefer Michael Wilson, and I do think he's a great by low candidate in dynasty leagues especially. I think he's going to be could have a really nice end of season this year, but much more so next year. I'm still very enthused for him.
Speaker 5: I just missed Greg Dortch Yeah, yeah, mostly because I like to.
Speaker 1: Say dort George ty Chandler. Do remember this offseason, I urged you to put like your last round pick on ty Chandler.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, Ida at the time was kind of like how you urged us to draft Tank Bigsby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The idea was Alexander Madison is likely to struggle and eventually the Vikings are going to have to find an alternative. Now, what I couldn't have known then was that they would trade for cam Aker, So that delayed the timetable on ty Chandler. But fast forward to now and Kevin O'Connell acknowledges that ty Chandler is going to be much more involved in this offense, which it wouldn't take much because he's had like five touches this year. Now, if Chandler outperforms Alexander Madison with you know, whatever usage he gets, which is I think is going to be like you know, five, six, seven, eight touches in these next week, week or two. Sure, you know, the momentum could really shift here because Madison simply hasn't been performing in this offense one way or another. There's real opportunity for Chandler. Maybe it he eventually triggers the timeshare and who knows, maybe even a starting opportunity at some point down the road for ty Chandler.
Speaker 5: And he showed real burst on that play that was called back for a penalty in the Vikings Niners Sunday nighter. I believe it was a Jordan Addison passed back across the field to him. Yeah, that's right, and he looked really good. It was like a thirty yard game or something. It looked like one of the most dynamic runners we've seen all year. It's not in the stat sheet, though, That's right. Keep an eye on him.
Speaker 1: Jets take on the Raiders. This will not take a lot of time given the state of these two teams. Let's start with Breese Hall, who's obviously he's a great running back, and this is actually a pretty darn good spot for him, and one of the times I feel really good about giving Breese Hall an a grade. He's gonna run the ball constantly in a very plus matchup against a lousy Raiders run defense. He's touched the ball at least seventeen times in four straight games, which is great for Breesehall. Over the last three games, the Raiders have allowed one hundred and seventy three rushing yards per game. Wow, Hall's gonna get most of that one hundred and seventy three.
Speaker 5: Dalvin Cooks certainly ain't.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: He's also turned into a reliable receiver over the same last three games Bresaw averaging five catches for forty seven yards. I mean, if everything plays to form here as it has over the last three weeks, Breshall could flirt with a two hundred yard game. Meanwhile, Las Vegas allowing those same five receptions to opposing runners. So we like Bresol quite a bit. The passing game not nearly so much. Raiders are actually pretty good pass defense. Max Crosby, by the way, what an awesome player. Languishing. Yeah, whole career is gonna be languishing with a bad team. Speaking of languishing, Zach Wilson thrown one touchdown in his last four games. Whoa an almost impossible streak of an aptitude when the NFL is entirely oriented to magnifying the quarterback position. Wilson Garrett hasn't scored since Week two, despite getting a very healthy twelve targets per game over the last five weeks. Max Crosby going to disrupt the pocket, putting Zack Wilson in trouble frequently. I don't love that part. Raiders secondary probably better than you think, ranking twelfth by Pro Football Focus, and they've got three functional cornerbacks Nate Hobbs, Amik Robertson, Marcus Peters. So there's nowhere for Garrett Wilson to go to exploit a particularly bad cornerback. So I can only get Garris Wilson to a c grade. You know we drafted him early second round. Yeah, it's just sad how this is really turned out.
Speaker 5: What do you think about the Aaron Rodgers standing on the field chucking fifty yard bombs flat footed.
Speaker 1: Nod, bless the man. If you can do it at this stage of your rehab, go for it, baby. I know I saw some things go by on social media. They were like, you know, he's such an attention wore, Hey poblice do his throwing passes in pregame? Who cares? I don't know, he's bored. Maybe that's it. Let's go to the Las Vegas side Josh Jacobs. Now, we all expected new head coach Antonio Peers to pound the ball with DeVante Adams going into this last week's game, but.
Speaker 4: It didn't work out that way at all.
Speaker 1: It was all Josh Jacobs who got twenty six carries and the Raiders cruise to their easiest victory. I don't know, ever, game script makes sense this week for a lot of usage for Josh Jacobs. The Jets allow the second most rushing yards per game one hundred and forty five, and the Jets give up the third most receptions to the running back position. Josh Jacobs is a capable receiver sitting at a very big game. Here a grade for Josh Jacobs. Let's go to the passing game. The only two parts of the passing game you care about are Devonte Adams and Jacoby Myers. Let's start with Adams. You might have to bench him here. This is not good. Adam's scoreless streak is now six games long, and he's averaged just forty two yards over those six games. And this is a brutal matchup against arguably the best set of cornerbacks in the league, Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid. Sauce Gardner is allowing twenty six yards per game in his coverage and has not given up a touchdown. It's week two. Dj Reid is even better. He's allowing twenty one yards and he hasn't given up any touchdowns in his coverage this year. And Adams almost never runs from the slot, so you can't you can't bank on Adams getting easier coverage. I don't have it in my heart to give DeVante Adams a bench grade. Nope, I'm gonna give him a C grade. But just realize that he's got bench grade output possibilities in a brutal matchup against Sauce Gardner and DJ Reid. What about Jacoby Myers? Really all the same problems for Jacoby Myers, who also runs on the outside and rarely from the slot. He runs a little more from the slot, so once in a while he might get cornerback Michael Carter, but not enough that you can really risk him in an otherwise brutal matchup and Aidan O'Connell throwing him the ball. Ohconnell looks functional at this stage. But that's it for the Raiders. Our final matchup is the Packers taking on the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Scott Yep.
Speaker 1: This is a Packers offense that has been very, very very difficult to rely upon. Yeah, yeah, there's not a lot to like here. Aaron Jones got a lot more work last week. I know, so I was encouraging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's led me to give Aaron Jones a B grade here. Only one back with twelve plus touches against the Steelers has failed to cross the sixty yard mark. I know that's a pretty low bar, but Aaron Jones was getting a lot more work than that last week. Five of the six to twenty touchbacks which is where Aaron Jones was last week. Had one hundred plus yards and several of them scoring. Jones has three plus catches in every game since returning, so it's giving you a little bit of a nice double digit floor there. I got a B grade there. Aj Dillon snapshare has dropped four straight, his touch totals dropped three straight, and Jones had over seventy percent of the work last week. So bench grade on aj Dillon. Over the pass game, I do have a bench grade on Jordan Love as well. It's a top ten pass d that has only allowed two passing scores in the last month. In the last four games, Love hasn't topped two hundred and thirty yards himself, just three scores, So bench there. Romeo Dobbs, I have a C grade on Dopps. Has five touchdowns on the season and is top ten for inside the ten targets and aed zone targets. No other Well, it's a it's a tough draw and his yardage shuttles have been low, but he's the leading target getter. He's the only player on the team with more than one receiving score and that counts running backs and tight ends. Jayden Reid has two because he has he has one receiving, one rushing, but he's the only one with more more than one receiving score. Jade Reed, who I just mentioned was might take a chance on me player. I do have Christian Watson on the bench, though he's top forty yards just once since returning, no game's over three catches. He needs a big play and he's gonna see Joey Porter Junior, who's shadowed the last few games he's allowing. He's allowed zero touchdowns and a nine point eight passer rating against Joey Porter Junior. That's ridiculous. That's absolutely ridiculous. Bench grade on lud Musgrave, who finally scored last week. But Steelers are third best against title ends.
Speaker 5: I believe his name is loose Mutton.
Speaker 1: That is loose Mutton right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only two good games from tight ends were tight ends. They got ten plus targets against the Steelers.
Speaker 1: I love the loose Mutton. Oh man, who doesn't.
Speaker 4: Over to the Pittsburgh Steelers better than tight Mutton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the worst.
Speaker 1: I hate the tight Mutton.
Speaker 3: Chewy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, that's what the silence speak for itself. Over to the passing game for the Pimang Steelers. Kenny Picket QB Pittsburgh Steelers. Two passing touchdowns in the last five weeks. That is not not very good. It's a top four pass d We're not We're not going to start Kenny Pickett. I might start a couple of receivers, though just barely. I have a C grade on George Pickens. This might be one of those squeaky mouse grease wheel type games for.
Speaker 1: A grease mouse game, something like that, the grease cheese gets the mouse.
Speaker 4: Yep hissy fit. Last week, Tomlin completely backed him up, said he loves that fire and that desire to be part of the team's success. I should know he had a touch he would have had a touchdown, but he for some reason, he strided that second second leg like a first basement reaching for an out or whatever. Still getting five plus targets every game with Johnson. He's still leading in red zone and red and end zone targets for the team. He'll get a better match up then he'll get a better matchup this week with Carrington Vallan Valentine who took over for Rozill Douglas.
Speaker 5: You made that name up.
Speaker 4: I did Carrington Valentine B grade on Deontay Johnson. Since coming off ir, Johnson's worst game is five for seventy nine yards. He's averaging about ten targets from picketts per game. Five receivers have gotten Johnson's target volume. Against Green Bay, they averaged seven catches for eighty two yards. Jaya Alexander might miss this one will which will only make things better for Deontay Johnson. I have a B grade on Najie Harris fifty five forty five split in this backfield Warren routine. Lee is the better and more efficient runner, but both are two to six catchbacks. Nase he's getting more inside the work inside the five work. In fact, he's out touching over the last three games eight touches to two touches. Over Worn inside the red zone gets about twenty percent more touches. So I got a B grade there. And Jalen Warren with my take a chance on me player, and we got about a minute left here. Yeah, And I just wanted to say I am grateful to be on this show and to have you guys as friends. November twelfth coming up, you know this Sunday, Yeah, is my heartiversary. In twenty fourteen, I had a heart attack and it really changed the way I look at things, and I feel like I need to be more grateful for the things I have in my life because I might not be here. And I'm very, very happy to be a part of this show.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sweet, and we're happy to have you here, and we're glad that you lived through your heart attack.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean think about how different our lives would be as well, right, Yeah, gratitude. Expressing gratitude always a good idea.
Speaker 5: Did you say it was in twenty fourteen. Yeah, so you're now nine times away from.
Speaker 1: Boy it's your nine time aniverse.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how scary that was.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're glad you're here. We're glad you listened all the way to the end of the show as well. We'll be back next week. More Fantasy Football Weekly and as a reminder, if you miss any part of the show, you can get all my player rankings available for free at Guillotine leagues dot com and also join a new Gullotine league. This is the last week. You got one week left, No, no, that's it to get into a brand new, fresh Guillotine League new drafts happening virtually every single day Guillotine leagues dot com. Best of luck this week, everybody. We're excited for you winning at a very tough bye week. We'll be back next week for more. Fantasy Football Weekly b By. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.