Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shots screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is a Tuesday here inside the SWBC podcast studio. It is Niners week and this is Micshots and we've got us six time pro bowler sitting in once again for the vacationing Everson Walls. Nate Newton joins the show. Yes, Nate, and Frisco is here.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. Welcome Nate. Hey, hey, just hate my show. This is mix Shots and he got like eight legal pads and that shots galore. Yes he does. So hey, we're waiting on you, mate.
Speaker 3: I tried, Mickey. Okay, did y'all watch the football last night?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know what? See, don't do that to me because I also watch other shows. And it was two games last night. Let's not talk about the Henry game, all right.
Speaker 4: That's the one we could watch.
Speaker 3: You had to work to find the other.
Speaker 2: Game, Yes you did. It's called ESPN plus.
Speaker 3: That's right. I got it. Mickey apparently doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have a Yeah, you do not? I do not.
Speaker 3: How do you watch Missouri football?
Speaker 4: Want to pay for it? They're on National.
Speaker 2: Win Me. Yes, you're a little bit older than both. Yes, you have money saved that you you are very frugal. You are sports.
Speaker 4: That's why.
Speaker 3: That's why he's not on it is because he's older and us he hadn't figured out how access it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. It's amazing. Are we not all sports guys? I mean we like the four major sports, right, so we should always have access to at least before me.
Speaker 3: Watch games on your phone?
Speaker 4: No, I don't watch games.
Speaker 3: Do you watch games on your phone?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 3: I love it phone and the iPad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I got both of them looked.
Speaker 3: Up try so. I got my ESPN app. I even got my high school app. I want Friday Night. I watched school games.
Speaker 4: I got my laptop to do that. Stuffed my phone, but.
Speaker 3: I got to pay. Take your laptop in your car.
Speaker 2: You hold on, hold on.
Speaker 5: When you go to your when you when you go to a youth baseball game like I have to go to. Then I get to go to my grandkids and I'm sitting there watching college football.
Speaker 3: I'm watching the game.
Speaker 4: I use my dish anyway.
Speaker 2: I have a question that you get through. Go ahead on. I want I want to cut you off. Go ahead on.
Speaker 4: I couldn't do that without ESPN.
Speaker 2: You say you have a laptop, you say you have a laugh. I got a phone, and you got a phone, right, But you got like eight thousand sheets of paper.
Speaker 4: And it takes time to look it up. I've already got it written.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, okay, just questioning.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. That's why I've got a big green notebook and I've got another.
Speaker 2: But you got your pants.
Speaker 3: I tried, Yeah, because if I write it down, I committed to memory.
Speaker 2: Yes, he writes it down, and still don't commit it to member. He writes it down in search right here, Jerry said.
Speaker 3: He writes it Dad, I can't remember where he wrote it down.
Speaker 4: I can't read my own writing.
Speaker 2: Something else. You are something else. I did watch that game, which I watched it the first one and I had the second going. But those two teams don't interest me. Teams where we thought we should have had a player, not me. We thought as fans we should have had a player. I like to see dominant teams, our teams with the chance to be dominant play. And I thought that was a good game last night. And even though Baker couldn't he started off hot.
Speaker 4: Yes, then they started forcing stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, he lost his receiver too, and he lost his.
Speaker 4: Other roster the other receiver for the season.
Speaker 2: Wow. The Ravens defense ain't as good as it used to be, but they still would come up with a big hit here and a big hit there, you know, and.
Speaker 4: Now and not Todd Bowles is underfire.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be, I know, shouldn't be like my man over here, shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Why was he in the game they're starting at You knew what was gonna happen, right, It was predictable.
Speaker 3: There it goes.
Speaker 4: It's the it's the book of obvious questions.
Speaker 2: You know what, man? I told my wife and and it shouldn't be this simple of this mean. But I say, thank god, these head coaches at least get five to six million dollars in two years. They can say at least I made ten million dollars. Because any little thing can get you fired. I would I would not hire a coach unless I was guaranteed for him. Four years. I just wouldn't do it. If I can't look at this coach and go through his ups and downs and give him at least four years, I wouldn't even hire him.
Speaker 4: Well, this had nothing to do with winning and losing. It was because the player got hurt with a minute to go in the game. But they they're a touchdown away from an on site kick.
Speaker 2: To try to understand that he's been there four years, he's kind of under fire, But has he not shown you in four years? If he has a lot of injuries, does he not deserve another year? That's what I'm saying. Super Bowl Yes, and so that that's just my belief.
Speaker 4: Won the division two years in a row.
Speaker 2: So you know, Baker just I've always root it for Baker, But these these few little moves he makes sometimes you're like, come on, Baker, wow. But I do like most most of the quarterbacks in the league. So because this hard played that position, it's got to be a massive.
Speaker 3: And then you look at Derrick Henry and he the first three quarters of that game. I remember looking it up and he had like five carries for twenty five yards something like that. Yes, and then he fourth quarter he steps off at eighty one yard or and he winds up with one hundred and sixty nine yards rushing on fifteen carries and at thirteen yard touchdown catch, And which brings us to Jerry Jones on the radio this morning.
Speaker 2: I knew you was going to swing the long.
Speaker 3: Ball, Jerry Jones on the radio this morning, and he didn't. The host did not even ask him the question about Derrick Henry. He beat him to the punch, and he asked himself the question about Derrick Henry. And what do you think of his answer?
Speaker 4: I thought I could have answered it for him. Number one, he said it didn't fit into our system because we don't run the ball that man.
Speaker 3: It's almost like he listened to mix shots yesterday at.
Speaker 4: Number two that obviously didn't fit into their financial system for salary cap reasons. But again, yeah, he's but you know what, he cracks one of those runs seemingly every game, right, one big run.
Speaker 3: Already this year he's got an eighty seven yard or an eighty one yarder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it you know, it's like, oh, look at those stats, but if you look at the blocking, there was no one in his way, was there. It's not like he ran somebody over. He turned the corner and it was like he was coming down one hundred yard dash.
Speaker 2: That that's what hurts you. And that is the uniqueness of him that I've always admired. I remember me, you used to do the show together when we was debate between Zeke and Henry and then I you know, you taught me right into Zeke. And I've never regretted. I never looked back. But I tell it that is that is what he does. He did it at Bama, he did He did it with the with the Titans. That he bangs, He bangs, he bangs, and you forget that he's a long distance runner and all of a sudden he'll jump outside and you you just think, as a dB, I'm going to get him. But each step you take, you see you getting further and further behind. And uh, he's done it his whole career and he trains that way. So I'm not shocked.
Speaker 4: So that State farm commercials.
Speaker 2: No, that's not a joke. He moving houses. Uh. The amazing thing if you.
Speaker 3: Give up Friday foods when you were playing.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I did. I stopped drinking on Thursdays. I'm serious. You know, I told you all to serve before I went to Randy White because I felt my games. I felt. I was like, man, my game, ain't I don't feel good on Sundays when one into games and I'm thinking I'm doing the right thing. And Randon they stopped drinking on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: He said, you drink every other day, yeay.
Speaker 2: On Thursdays Friday because I was I was a drinker, man, I liked the beer. And He's like, may just he said, your life will change if you stop drinking on Thursdays. So I stopped Friday Saturday and this sun I felt. So I did it for like six seven, eight years straight. I just felt good, man. I mean, you gotta do things, you know, you got to make some sacrifices. I mean, if I can throw you a few light beers for a couple of days, and the rest of the league can so they can be like this big horse we seen running out the other night.
Speaker 4: I just that's that's that's funny. It was because at the super Bowl it would have been ninety one, yes, and we ran into Jerry Granville.
Speaker 3: After Jerry Glanville coach after.
Speaker 4: The super Bowl, and my friend that I was with from Mississippi, went to Southern Mississippi. Was a big Brett Fire fan, right, and he after his rookie year he didn't play much, and he asked Glenville, he said, do you think Brett Fire could make it in this league? And he said, yeah, if he figures out by Wednesday to quit all that corn squeeze and drinking, that he could probably make it in this league. Well it wasn't, but two or three weeks later he got traded.
Speaker 3: To Green Bay.
Speaker 4: Wow, and the rest is history. Yes, but he said the same thing as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just got it. Sometimes you got a squeaky in life if you wanted to maintain at a high level. And but Henry been doing this all his life, man, and now he's the nutrition part is kicking in and.
Speaker 4: It throwing tires around.
Speaker 2: And it does not hurt. This is what I got from mister Jones saying. What he said was at this point in time, we do not have the offensive.
Speaker 4: Line right without saying it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we don't. We don't run the ball enough to give Henry, Because I'm serious. They beat everybody else up early in the game with the other with with with the other guy, and with Lamar and then they brought in Henry late early in the second half, and that team was worred down a little bit and he just took advantage of it.
Speaker 4: Well, and think about the Lamar Jackson factor. Yes, you gotta worry about that, Yes, and that can beat you if you don't, and then that opens things up for everybody else.
Speaker 2: The thing that we have thought, well as fans, you can think what you want, to pay your money, you cheer, whatever, but we don't have the personnel that at this time that the Ravens have. I mean, we talked about it yesterday and I know it's a debbie downer, but to these players get a little bit better as young guys. Until we kind of replace some of our older guys who are not what they used to be, it's gonna be a struggle. I'm not saying we can't win games, but it's gonna be a struggle. You need players. You can holler the coaches all you want. These coaches have been recycled through this league. But to a man, they'll tell you if we got players, we're better coaches. So we just got to get We got to play better as the team.
Speaker 3: And the exact quote from Jerry on Derrick Henry as it relates to what you're talking about with the offensive line. Uh, in my mind, we're not playing very good football right now at all. And it's beyond whether or not we have Derrick Henry. I don't know if he'd be having a career a year in our situation.
Speaker 4: And it's probably a pretty good point.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 4: It is the offensive line blocking.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 3: They've worded it well without throwing his offensive line under the bus.
Speaker 4: Yes, So in a week's time, can you change blocking schemes? Can you change what your run?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 4: Runs are runs are?
Speaker 2: You can add a few you can add a few things. You know. You can add a tweet here, a tweak there, but your basic running scheme says the same. You know, I hear everybody saying that change this and change that, and change this. And I'm sorry, even to the smart guys who's smarter than me. You ain't went through all of OTA's and all of training camp to wait till week six, a week seven of a season, say hey, fellows, let's change everything. You can't. You can tweak some things, you can do a few things different, but the players have the play better. You know, the players have to play better. You can't tell me that from last year to this point. Bart accept the offensive line, that our receivers and quarterbacks. You know we don't have Tony Pollard. It's things don't change that much. No, it hasn't. Guys just got to do their jobs. The focus is gonna fallo on coach McCarthy. The focus is gonna fall on Zim because of the personnel that you have have or don't have. It's gonna follow on them. I mean before the year is over with, depending on how this thing goes, depending on how many games they can squeak out. It's not gonna beautiful now. I try to tell everybody at the beginning of the year, and I'm they three and three. They are overachieving, not just mine. I mean, yes, you ain't gonna beat the Ravens. You can bring the Ravens tomorrow, you ain't gonna beat them. You can bring the Ravens in his week seventeen. You ain't gonna beat them. The You're gonna have the best game of their life. In New Orleans Saints, we find we are finding out even though their quarterback hurt even though they have lost one of the key receivers. They had the best game of their life versus the Dallas Cowboys. Okay sou because they played them at home. Yeah, they can't win at home. Well, man, I'm not gonna go. My thing is, let fans be fans. We we we we we supposed to have a better perspective, of a more calmer perspective. Now some fans know what's going on. But like I say, when you invest like that fan, invest your money, your time, your resources, they gonna have a different opinion. But we over here who gets the money from the Cowboys, you know? And we're lucky we have an owner that allows us to say much pretty much what we want to say was not abusive here, we see.
Speaker 4: So I thought Michael Parsons dealt with it really well when he was asked about all the external stuff and everybody want to get this guy or that guy. And I'm paraphrasing, he said, he said, what can help us other than the people in this room, Meaning you can't go get this guy or that guy or add this or change that. It's like, we got to play better. We got to step up and do the job. We can't just say, okay, well we were missing this guy or we got to get that guy. And I thought it was he said, there's nothing that is going to save us unless it's ourselves. And I'm paraphrasing there. He said, we got to get healthy and we got to get everyone playing good football. And I think that's as from a practical standpoint, that's where you're at when you're what this is the seventh eighth week of the season for you all of a sudden, you don't remake yourself, right.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I heard a question about, well, if this goes sideways, are you going to start selling off? It's not baseball, right, these contracts count.
Speaker 3: That, and Jerry answer that question. Yes today. Yeah, it's like he made the commitment to the future when he signed back.
Speaker 4: To How many teams last year made the playoffs at nine and eight, by.
Speaker 2: The way, I don't think none did well.
Speaker 4: Green Bay did one, I mean, and there was another one that just missed out it nine and eight.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is you look at the Saints. They was right. It was a three way time in the Saints. Yeah, so they The bottom line is this, and I know we ain't thinking about off season. But every year, every team all thirty two lose at least one third of that team by free agency by a one year contract. However it goes restrict the free agency. You don't want to sign them back, you lose it. So coaches already and scouts are already banging their heads against the wall. If you get one or two guys and pay the wrong one or two guys, it's gonna put you in a tail spin. So we got a core group of guys. We just got to get them all on the same page, going in the same direction, and just hope they grow and hope the guys that are a little bit older don't deteriorate faster than what what we need them for this year.
Speaker 4: And how about get them on the field, yes, get them off the bend the sick bed.
Speaker 2: The thing about it is injuries. It ain't we have figured out, and a lot of teams in the league got figured out.
Speaker 3: It ain't.
Speaker 2: It ain't the first team, it's the third team.
Speaker 3: It's who do.
Speaker 2: You have do my system elevate your game when you come in, Like I think number eighteen, I can't call his name right now. The kid from lsu Clark, the mound Clark. I think he played well. Yeah, I think he played well. I think he did his job. But you know, you still want Kendricks in there, you don't. You know, we don't know if he's going to be ready.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm watching on an NFL network right now. They're talking about Tua coming back and the Dolphins coming off last season. They were a picked by a lot of people to do a lot more this even this year and U and for last year too, and the last two years. I refuse to pick the Dolphins to do anything because of tous concussion history. And they did not have a second team quarterback that can come in and win games for you last year or this year. And the same thing at other positions. You have to have backups who can come in and be functional for you to be able to win games.
Speaker 4: And anyway, not everybody has arch Manning as their backup quarterback.
Speaker 3: And he performed just like the starter. I guess, Georgia, I guess the NFL team, all right. When we come back here on mix Shots, Jerry responds to Troy Aikman's take, and apparently the same kind of thing is going on in the Bay Area, making explains next.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Pruscott kits it slide with a first.
Speaker 7: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Hey y'all.
Speaker 8: Matt Pittman of Meat church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yeti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cool and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less fillings. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine legal guy, Celebrate responsibly. Walky Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point two Grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer Cowson cards than premium regular beer devicted shots.
Speaker 4: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up on all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, Pocku podcast, docu series like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Jerry was asked about Joy Aikman's criticism of the Cowboys wide receivers route running, and Jerry said, Troy knows football, he lives it. Troy's credible and should be. He's very professional. I think he's very fair. I'm pretty confident that we've got the ability to coach, and we got some receivers that take the coaching and can't improve, and that's the big thing improve.
Speaker 4: He went on to talk about a lot of man coverage and guys running through contact. Yeah, and you know, and I think you know, without Brandon Cooks out there, it's Ceedee Lamb and a bunch of young guys. Now, I know Tolbert's in his third year, but this is his first year. They've relied on him. And after that, it's guys that was a special teams guy that they're trying to move into a receiver Turpin Jalen Brooks is in his second year. Floor Noy's a rookie floy and uh, well he should get rid of the art. And you got a lot of young receivers that are being relied on, and it sometimes it takes time. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm so glad they're playing.
Speaker 4: Right because at some point it's gonna pay off. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm just glad that, you know, I'm glad that every young guys playing that's that's getting the opportunity because that just puts you. Uh and I know this year has to be played out. We don't know what the record, the final record is going to say. But whenever it's a chance for a young guy to play, I'm for that because I think you got to control how things go as an organization. And what I mean by that is you cannot play your young guys, and then then then you know a lot of people say the window is closing. You cannot play young guys and let this win of the close. And now all of a sudden, you three four years trying to get back to twelve and five, even to the playoffs basically like hanging out with Yeah, I rather, I'd rather kind of control that narrative. And I know, in the middle of a season talking doom and gloom and that's not right. I mean, we should be pumping the fans up, getting them excited, you know. But the reality is it is what it is. I mean, thanks to Parcels. You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: You are who you are. Yeah, okay, So what's going on in San Francis San Francisco after losing to the Chiefs. Jerry Rice age sixty two, he has radio segments there.
Speaker 3: Well, just age you have to do with it.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say he was a former player.
Speaker 3: You wanted to say how young he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. And he went off on his radio segment after the loss to the Chiefs basically said if that was us losing like that, we would have been swinging at each other. He didn't have anything constructive to say except that they should be mad and furious, and he never pointed out the fact that, guess what, they got some injury problems and they're compounding I didn't realize this, but before the game even started, and we knew Christian McCaffrey had been out since Week two with achilles tendonitis calf injury, and he's probably not ready to come back this week either. There is see a bye next week and they're looking at that. But they had lost a linebacker, Dre Greenlaw with a torn achilles.
Speaker 3: At the Super Bowl coming off the bench.
Speaker 4: Defensive tackle Javon Hargrave has torn triceps, and safety Telenoah Hufanga had torn wrist injury, torn ligaments in his wrist. So those guys were.
Speaker 3: Out, and mccaffery's been out all year.
Speaker 4: Right, they finally put him on I think it was week two when he.
Speaker 3: Went to Germany to get some treatment there.
Speaker 4: And oh, that's right. Their kicker Jake Moody has been missing with an injury, and then they go into the game and they end up losing Ayuk. They're basically top receiver Juwan Jennings, who had the most catches for him, has been out with a hip. He missed the Chiefs game and he's probably no more than questionable for this game. And then Deebo Samuel goes out what four snaps into the game, and we find out yesterday he's in the hospital with.
Speaker 3: Pneumonia fluid on his lungs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're not sure how quickly can you get over that in play, So there's a chance they could be without their top three receivers. They're leading running back, and I know Mason is running well for them, but McCaffrey adds different things to them in the passing game.
Speaker 3: So Kittle's dealing with an injury too.
Speaker 4: And Kittle is day to day with a spraying foot by the way, So they're looking at and we talked about it yesterday. Ricky Pearsall's back playing, Jacob Cowing, Ronnie Bell and their other receiver, Chris Connelly's day to day with an ankle. So they've got some injuries that they've got to be able to overcome. No different than what the Cowboys are facing defensively with their top four defensive ends out and then they miss Kendricks in the game, no Deron Bland, no Klin Carson. It injuries matter, and it goes back to what Nate was saying, you're second and third team guys better be able to play well. When you're spending all your money to keep your stars, it's hard to keep depth on the team unless you're developing young guys to be able to play. So they're in the kind of same situation. Oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, I.
Speaker 4: Ran into Sam Williams yesterday torn achilles in training camp. It was funny. I saw this guy walk into the locker room and I don't think I've seen him since training camp, right, And I was like, that guy looks familiar.
Speaker 2: Who is that right?
Speaker 4: Just like that, and it's like, oh, it's Sam Williams. So I saw him walking around. I said, well, how you doing and he goes, I'm moving. I'm finally off my crutches. He had the surgery to repair his torn ACL. I think it was an MCL too. Told me that was the first injury he had ever had in his football career and that he wasn't sure how to deal with it. And he said the saving well, one of the positives out of it. He said, I got to spend time. I believe he's got a son, right, and he got to spend time with his son and get to know him and everything because he was at home. And I said, so what are you able to do? And he goes, well, walking's pretty good, he said, I haven't really run yet. He said, but you know, I'm going to start pretty soon on the Resistant chords and that he told me, And I said, I bet you can't wait to get back and he said, you put this in your notes right now, because I wasn't taking notes. He said, next year is revenge here. I'm getting back at everybody. So anyway, quick update on Sam Williams, but that really hurt them on that defensive front. You lose him, you lose DeMarcus Lawrence, you lose Michaeh Parsons. And then the guy that you were grooming, one of your young guys, Marshawn Neeland, goes out and is in on ir probably till around Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: And you'd already lost Dorance Armstrong and Dante Fowler and Free Agency.
Speaker 4: Who, by the way, return interception for a touchdown first time and.
Speaker 2: His moves in the car me in the wife, she said, I know that I know that name. Where do we remember him from? I said, just leave it alone.
Speaker 3: He was only getting about twelve snaps of game here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So from an injury standpoint, uh Micah has been working on the Resistance cords. As he said, I've got to show that I've got acceleration. And he goes and the coaches and the trainers want to make sure if I come back, I'm at my best. And he said, so, it's still up in the air. We'll see where that one goes. I think Doron Bland is more realistic to be back. He worked out and and it was run really well last week before the Detroit game. I guess two weeks ago. And he woke up on Friday and his foot was sore. It was his first practice since the surgery.
Speaker 3: So, and that's why Jerry basically this morning said it's going to be a game time.
Speaker 4: They've got they got a practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then see how they are the next.
Speaker 4: Saturday, and then see how they are on Sunday exactly. Uh.
Speaker 3: And and Kendricks uh.
Speaker 4: Is running so uh, I think there's somewhat It's a shoulder for him, right, it was a shoulder. There was two things I think we're going on.
Speaker 3: He's a metal linebacker several he needs.
Speaker 4: Them shoulders, right, So it looks like he has a chance also, So yeah, I mean you've got to rely on young guys to come and step up, and there's going to be growing pains until these guys all get back on the field.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Two ways about it.
Speaker 2: The thing able one person. Two people will pay for this. If the Cowboys have a real bad season, it's two people. It's Coach MacCarthy is coaches them. So but by the same token, if they can pull these guys together and make some things happen, two people get rewarded. I mean, along with Michael Parsons. You know, it'll be couse them and it'll be Coach McCarthy.
Speaker 3: So so the future starts. Now, yeah, those guys.
Speaker 2: That's right. The three and three is zero and zero, so three and three, so.
Speaker 3: Many others of this roster. All right, we continue with big shots in a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help.
Speaker 3: You wincotkits, it slide for the first.
Speaker 7: Down, invest like your icons, where everyone is a crypto. With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package Today.
Speaker 2: Tom Shots.
Speaker 4: Witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVPs. Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to AT and T Stadium on Friday, November fifteenth as the Plar problem Child Jake el Gallo, Paul takes on the Baddest man on the planet, Mike Tyson, and don't miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano's long awaited rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: I have a question, when did modern history start?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I said, what yesterday? What was that witness the biggest boxing event in modern history.
Speaker 3: Not taken away from that as a huge event, yes, but I would like to know when did modern history start? Because in sports, basically we go back to World War two as ever, like for records, it's the biggest thing that's happened or the most touchdown score in the game since, or the NFL since the merger nineteen seventy okay, and on other sports it's back to baseball, it's back to World War two or whatever. All right, So when did modern history start? When did the alive fights fall off the map? And they're now ancient history?
Speaker 4: So probably are we talking the turning winded sentry?
Speaker 3: When did sugar ray? And yeah, man, that's that's no longer modern history.
Speaker 4: Right, No, no turn of the century.
Speaker 3: Okay, so well let's word it that way. It's the biggest of the.
Speaker 4: Century, yeah, or pre and post COVID.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't get into that one. So, man, in today's world is yesterday, I'm with history. History is yeah this season, Yes it is, yes, it is. I'm not going out.
Speaker 3: We need so it gets to the point modern histories this week. It also needs whatever you did, whatever you did last week, Okay, it's a good week. Now you've got to do it again on Sunday.
Speaker 4: We have some editing here to do too.
Speaker 3: Well, you're a journalist.
Speaker 4: In modern history at Netflix. And then it's and.
Speaker 3: I'll work on you. You fix it, if you if you'd show up in the studio.
Speaker 4: Before to go earlier, I'm reading about Jerry Rice getting onto the forty nine.
Speaker 3: Ers right now. Read the read what you can't read off your legal patent.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's everybody keeps asking about this five game stretch right which.
Speaker 3: Had a lot easier. You got a lot easier Sunday because the Niners lost and the Falcons lost. They got blown out at home by Seattle.
Speaker 4: So four of the five teams they've got coming up have winning records. The irony of it is the only team with a losing record is San Francisco at three and four, Atlanta's four and three, Phillies four and two, Houston's five and two, and Washington's five and two. Those five teams are combined twenty one and thirteen. Three of them are in second place and two are in fourth place. So that's the road the Cowboys got to travel here over this month plus of the season.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the first the five teams, how many are in first place?
Speaker 4: Two of them Houston and Washington.
Speaker 3: And Atlanta is tied for first because Tampa Bay of last night. Yes, that's right, because Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: So they're tied for So.
Speaker 3: There's three of the five are in first place. Yeah, and then the other teams are San Francisco and.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia and San Francisco of all things, three and four Cowboys three and three, they're third in the NFC East.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: The other thing of those five teams, all five are ranked in the top eleven in total offense. Twelve is the Dallas Cowboys, but that only pertains two yards total yards.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Cowboys are sitting here at three and three right now, and the Eagles are four and two and the Commanders are five and two. Commanders play the Bears at home. I think the Commanders are gonna win, and it depends on Jalen Daniels' health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, absolutely, although Marcus Mariota didn't have a bad game and his replacement.
Speaker 3: So let's say the Commanders win. That makes them six and two, and the Eagles are playing at Cincinnati. Okay, even though the Bengals have a poor.
Speaker 4: Record three and four, three and four, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's say the Eagles win, that makes them five and two. Okay, I'm just I'm getting at the importance of the San Francisco game. Yeah, So you're sitting there.
Speaker 4: From a perspective standpoint of immediately at the end of the day on Sunday, if you don't win this game against San Francisco, you could be two games back at the Eagles and two and a half games.
Speaker 3: Back of the Commanders. Basically at the halfway point of the season.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, is game by game and you have to win. But uh, the only thing counts the East, That's right, that's the only thing you gotta You gotta win your division. You got to win it, I mean.
Speaker 3: And the fortunate thing is you've only played one division game so far.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got that Isna and Grace, you know, for everybody's split cannot be what you're thinking. Ah man, we can split. Ah win your division, That's right.
Speaker 3: That is how you especially this year because of what's going on in that NFC North where you got everybody with a winning record and so that it looks like the wild cards are all coming out of that division.
Speaker 2: So you got to take care home business you got. You got to take care of your backyard. And I don't care how you do it. You just got to take care of your backyard because that is where you at, and you got as where you at.
Speaker 4: You got five of those games left, and four of them with the two teams.
Speaker 2: Yes ahead of you. Yes, you can fight any way you want to fight, but fight the easiest path. That is. We know we're gonna play the Eagles twice. We're gonna play the Giants one more time. We're gonna play Washington twice. We know what we're facing. Take care of those guys.
Speaker 4: And you know what, by time maybe Washington shows up, what do we talk November? We're getting close to thanks.
Speaker 3: With the Washington game is Sunday, Thanksgiving, Sunday before Thanksgiving. You got the Giants on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: You might be starting to get some of these guys off ir back.
Speaker 3: By then, meaning like the law, the law.
Speaker 2: I when Tuma I just say that you were talking about that, isn't that a Mexican food? That's what he said. Yeah. The bottom line is, and uh please fans, don't get mad at me, but play these young guys play them, And.
Speaker 3: So the key this week is getting in your opinion, the key this week is getting guided.
Speaker 2: Getting guided back getting unless and this is not going to happen, and unless you think TJ. Bass is a much better guard than his tackle. If you think TJ. Bass is a much better guard, then that's right.
Speaker 3: So you're comparing, okay, because Tyler's because of Tyler Smith's versatility. Okay, the word you feel like the coaches have to determine, are they a better offensive line?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: With TJ. Bassett left guard where Tyler Guidon at left tackle.
Speaker 2: That's right. So if you're gonna do that, And now.
Speaker 4: Does Tyler Smith fit into any of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the swing guy. I don't whether he wanted to be it or not.
Speaker 3: But the difference in Tyler Smith that tackle and Tyler Smith at guard.
Speaker 2: It's always been a big difference in me.
Speaker 3: But he's all that plays to Guidon's favor.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, it does. Uh. One thing that people never knew about I don't want to respect about Tyler Smith is he's built for guard. His mentality is built for guard. He's a maller, he likes to he likes to wrestle. He likes to get in there and muck it up. Guard fits him perfect, you know, getting out there at the tackle position where he has the feet and the hips to do it. But he likes, you know, he wants.
Speaker 3: To he wants to engage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants to engage, and you're taking a little bit away from him.
Speaker 4: Uh And and you would have two veterans sandwiching the rookies.
Speaker 2: The rookie. I think the rookie has been holding on pretty good. Yeah, you know, thank god man, I mean and that you know people, well, he ain't saying much, but Coach McCarthy said, we're not way Detroit. That we ain't know where the where Detroit at. But you're gonna have to go through your growing pains. And they are playing these young guys, and I promise you I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong. I'm mad when we lose, when it looks so ugly, I'm mad. But I've been on that that end of the stick.
Speaker 4: But you just start swinging at guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been one in thirteen three and you know, I mean one in fifteen three and three and thirteen and I'm not saying these cowboys are better than that. These cowboys are better than that. But I've been in the dumps with nobody. Actually, you can't go out and get a free beer and that, and you know, and.
Speaker 4: Nate got away before five and eleven showed up.
Speaker 3: That's what you were drinking on Thursday. So yeah, yeah, maybe what really happened what Randy White told you? The team started playing better. Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: The bell just went off on you'll try.
Speaker 3: I gotta get going, all right, appreciate it. Nate's back again tomorrow.
Speaker 6: No I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not. Oh no, yeah, but tom.
Speaker 3: Tomm okay, yeah, Irrish, all right, very good. We've appreciated the last time.
Speaker 2: I'm loving it man, all right.
Speaker 3: And the rest of us. We'll talk at you again tomorrow at noon here on Mixed.
Speaker 2: Shots Gold Cowboy Youth.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.