Speaker 1: What's up his slip service. I'm Anela Yee.
Speaker 2: I'm jj maguire, I'm Jordie dor And I'm Julian Horton.
Speaker 1: Julian Horton.
Speaker 3: And you may know him because we've all been watching the number one series.
Speaker 1: On Netflix, Beauty and Black.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, and you played a character of Roy. Yes, I did, and he did make sure that we knew right away.
Speaker 2: I am not I am not Roy.
Speaker 4: I am not Roy. I am not Roy at all. Actually, I'm kind of am a little bit by the same time, not as mean as you know, So.
Speaker 1: Are you kind of what do you mean a little bit?
Speaker 4: Well, he's an actor.
Speaker 5: You have to have, you know, some commonalities within your character so you can bring that to life because if you see Roy, Roy is not super villain, you know, because sometimes he's funny, he's sly, he's kind of idiot, kind of just stupid sometimes.
Speaker 4: And that's what I brought to the character.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not him, That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not him just that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did you study for that part?
Speaker 4: Yeah? For sure, but not that that was it was amazing. I'm just I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 3: By the way, too, is it is it fun playing this villain character?
Speaker 4: It is? It is.
Speaker 5: I think you know when when Tyler was I mean when it was announced that he was doing a Netflix series and when it came across my agent's desk, I saw this character Roy, and they wanted me to play this Roy. He was like thirties, young black wild card, just kind of a you know, asshole character. They wanted me to play other characters and audition for other roles, but I was so set on playing this guy because I knew he would just be just out of this world kind of just being a wild card and being like talked about and setting the tone for the show.
Speaker 4: So I didn't even audition bring rules.
Speaker 1: You were like, this is the one.
Speaker 5: My attention on it. I pray to God about it. And it was a grueling process to get in, the ruling process to it. Took a month to get it, back and forth, back and forth, and then finally you know, I have some time. You know I got it.
Speaker 3: That's scary because you're also like so close back and forth, and you know you're like in the running.
Speaker 1: You're like, who else? Yes for this role?
Speaker 2: Did you know who you were?
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't know until a little later, And it wasn't as crazy as I thought it was. It was more inside information stuff. But yeah, it wasn't as crazy as I thought, because at first I thought it was like, Yo, we got damn s Michael bi going for this role because Netflix and stuff.
Speaker 4: But I learned that it was. No, it wasn't like that. Tyler. Actually he works a little bit differently, and.
Speaker 1: You've worked in him, so he also does like to keep his people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's when that's what I'm going on. I don't want to, you know, Yeah, but that's what it really kind of was.
Speaker 5: And then you know, some people say, oh, this is too crazy for me, I can't do this role, and you know, and another personally, I ain't.
Speaker 4: Doing that, and then me, I didn't give a shit, so I just did it.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think playing the villain is probably kind of more fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you the issue that Gigi had, because no, Gg, you tell us the issue that you had.
Speaker 6: The issue that I had with the show in general had really nothing to do with your care. I come from the entertainment background of the exotic Ladies of the Night.
Speaker 1: You know Magic City exact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to Jujiu. I was just there last night.
Speaker 6: And the way that they make the club and it's so rough, it's so mean, it's so cutthroat, it's so just raunchy, and it was the.
Speaker 2: Whole pimp aspect.
Speaker 6: Put the club own theer being a pimp or whatever, and everybody owes him money and they made the girl get the butt shots and just just like you know, I have a problem with the wage strip is seen through television and movies and.
Speaker 2: It's it's when it makes us look bad. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So love the show, but that's the only part that I was like, you know, like that.
Speaker 2: Like even like the v I p with them, like having sex on top.
Speaker 4: Of the car, like that was crazy.
Speaker 2: In Atlanta, that was that pitches, don't we want to.
Speaker 4: Cut you off?
Speaker 5: But we don't know about these things exactly as a as an actor, I didn't know this stuff was going on.
Speaker 6: Like that part was like I was like, come on, now, you're all going too far.
Speaker 7: Maria went too far.
Speaker 2: But you know, that's the only thing that I feel like it was.
Speaker 1: Like a stereotype.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because it makes people think that that's what really goes down.
Speaker 2: And then in the return they look at us.
Speaker 3: Like GC has some news about Magic City. Go ahead, because we are toasting, celebrating while we're.
Speaker 2: At it City.
Speaker 1: Keep my toasting, Julian, you know, cheers.
Speaker 6: So I got a call today, Actually right before you walked in, I got a call from the production of Magic City's docu series. It's called in the American Fantasy, and the call was update from production to let me know that it has been expanded from three episodes of five episodes.
Speaker 4: Graduation.
Speaker 6: We already knew that I am the near a reader of the docu series, and I was just told that I am the only entertainer in Medic City's history that is in all five episodes.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Represented Atlanta. Were you a Magic City regular when moving to Atlanta?
Speaker 5: Like, actually, yeah, I go to Magic but yeah, ju Ju.
Speaker 4: And just you know, visit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying the owners one of his sons.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, but Magic really wasn't my cup of tea. Lord forgive me, but yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Went to follies.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was that was more.
Speaker 4: If I did go to strip club, I didn't go often very.
Speaker 6: Sparingly daytime nighttime, because that was two different clubs. It was Follies in the daytime and Fillies in the nighttime. Was not the same difference. Cool you live whatever its in the day's the night was great though.
Speaker 2: On a Sunday too.
Speaker 1: What about in the Serious Beauty back when she was like, we always going.
Speaker 7: To be Hose?
Speaker 4: I mean shining around.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of truth, no I'm playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit truth.
Speaker 1: Of that part too, But you get delete your wholeness.
Speaker 6: You can't delete your wholeness, but when it's in you can you not. But when it's in you, it ain't hard to.
Speaker 2: Reignite the whole.
Speaker 6: I feel like there is an expiration on wholeness. There is an expert expliration on things that you've done. But when you got that little hole in you, itchy, scratchy, you know, it ain't hard to bring her out. Yeah, the price is right a bitch, just mic, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I like this show.
Speaker 2: Cheers for that said that.
Speaker 1: Was a classic.
Speaker 3: I remember the first episode and she's like, don't get no, Scotland were always going to be Hose.
Speaker 1: I was like, what damn hilarious. We cannot be hose no more.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, and in some form or another.
Speaker 3: So for you, having played football for seventeen years is right, and also professionally in the NFL.
Speaker 1: What got you more attention? Football? Are acting?
Speaker 4: Definitely this acting? I mean because I played in the SEC.
Speaker 5: I went to the universe of Arkansas, so you know, we got a lot of attention in a local.
Speaker 4: Sense of the word.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, because you play Arkansas, get the football player, Julie and all that ship.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, nothing compared to.
Speaker 1: This, nothing, right, you know what I mean. It's a number one.
Speaker 4: Show, is it's it's it's it's crazy. I went to check my back. It's up.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm like, man, this early in the morning, it was up, bro, how you doing? The person I sat next to the airport today, shout out Joe. You know what I'm saying, Shout out Joe. He was so cool, man.
Speaker 4: It was like, Yo, what's up? Bro? I was like, what's up? Man?
Speaker 3: You should have been like based on.
Speaker 5: But this, this show right here though, is crazy because I knew it was going to go crazy to that, because you know, I've been acting for nine years now, it's going to my ninth year, and I've done other projects, movies, TV shows and things of that nature, and some good yeah, some good movies too, Oscar winners and Emmy winners, stuff that you would think that would get the notoriety that it needed to just really like expand my career the way it needed to. But in today's day and today's climate, though, it's like it's just a blip of just a blip of notoriety and some likes.
Speaker 4: Some congratulations, bro, you're in a movie, nigga whatever, whatever.
Speaker 5: But it's crazy because I did a movie called National Champions in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: JK.
Speaker 5: Simmons, he got Uzo Aduba, Stephan James, you got all these well known and talking about some great actors and actresses.
Speaker 4: We did the movie. It comes out in theaters. It didn't do well in theaters, but it was on streaming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was on streaming and stuff too. But it hit the theaters and I told people about it. I promoted it because I'm you know, I promote my shit a lot. I promoted it and then you know, a couple of people saw it. A couple of people.
Speaker 4: Then like two years later, my dad out of randomly at midnight said, yo, son, National Champions on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, you.
Speaker 5: Get the fuck out of here. He said, you know, it's really on that Flix. So I went to Netflix real quick. The National Champions had just hit Netflix. So once I started promoting that it was on Netflix, everyone started hitting me up.
Speaker 4: They're watching it, they're watching it, they're watching.
Speaker 5: It, sitting me photos, sending me videos of me being in the movie. And that's when I knew, right there and there, I said, you know what, I really just want to do Netflix because in today's because like really today you can create traction for real, because really it really depends on what streaming service you're on.
Speaker 4: Because even like let's say a show like Hijacked.
Speaker 5: I don't know, if you seen that elba is on Apple TV, if that was on Netflix, that'd be one of the most talked about shows.
Speaker 1: Me, you're right about that, because when I want to watch something, the first thing I.
Speaker 3: Go to Netflix exactly, and I have because I have subscriptions to do a lot of things. But for Netflix does a great job. Because I saw National Champions when that was on, they promoted you it's like suggestions for you, you know, and they're there movies today it's just easy Ton the Gate. And then when you see that, you're like, oh, Okay, that looks interesting, I'm gonna watch that.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 5: So when I saw that, I was just like, yeah, I'm just I was just putting my intention only want to do Netflix. I only want to do Netflix. And then this came along, and then I was like, Tyler Perry's first Netflix series, You're gonna go crazy.
Speaker 4: It's gonna go crazy and an understatement I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: And then just really just like knowing what the show is about and the way TP wrote it. I think the show has so many elements of everyone's guilty pleasures. You got a rich black family, you got the stript club scene. You got a nigga doing coke and drugs. You got a nigga doing the prostitution.
Speaker 1: Thing, you got.
Speaker 4: You got dead got dead body, you got stuff for the gays, the people.
Speaker 1: It's it's just everything.
Speaker 4: Show, religion, religion.
Speaker 5: So it's like everything that's like really in black culture is depicted in this show.
Speaker 4: One gets a little bit of what they want. I'm telling you exactly that. It's just everything everything in it is crazy. And it's just like, once I write the script and once I.
Speaker 5: Just seen in the cast and the camaraderie that we had and the actress that we had, I'm just I just knew that was gonna be crazy. So to that question, this right here is yeah, this is the most attention because every day I get stopped.
Speaker 4: Now every day, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Every craziest thing someone said to you on the street, I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't say that the craziest thing, well, the dopest thing has happened to me.
Speaker 4: I went to, oh, damn, man, I gotta admit this on you.
Speaker 5: You know what, I admit it right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is nuts.
Speaker 5: Anyways, Well sorry, I'm gonna goof fall sometimes. You know, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: God is great the fact I'm here anyways, I know I can't stop. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: So I went to a little lounge in l a because that should have commercial there last week.
Speaker 4: And you know, I went around seven.
Speaker 5: O'clock that when I was I was bored in the hotel room. I was like, I need to get out and I just want to go, you know, I have a drink or something.
Speaker 4: Right, So then he's like, yo, bro, ain't gonna lie to your family. It ain't really little Poppy. He ain't bopping in there right now. FAM, I say, it's all right, Bro, I'm just I'm chilling, Bro. He was all right for sure. Where you from? Fam, I said, from Atlanta? You know it's like what you're doing out here?
Speaker 5: Fam, I said, shooting the commercial and ship Bro shooting commercial, that's what that's what's up, Bro, You're an actor. I'm like, yeah, I'm an actor, Bro, an actor. I was actually matter of fact, Bro actually got a number one show a Netflix from not called Beating Black.
Speaker 4: You should watch it. He said, Nigga, no way, I said, we're talking about I said, what we're talking about? Nigga no way?
Speaker 5: He said, I'm on episode six right now. I said, you want episode six? I'm like, who you play? I said, the nigga that be talking crazy Bro, who were doing the cocaine and ship.
Speaker 4: Whatever whatever, And he was like, no, no way.
Speaker 5: Then everyone started coming out the club and stuff, but no where you know where you're playing it? And then they brought it up and they were like here, they're like, no getting free now, let me in.
Speaker 4: Free and ship and all my friends free. So that was like one of the like cool things that have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and.
Speaker 3: Then after that they're gonna be giving you free battles, and after that they're gonna pay you and then give you free battles.
Speaker 2: We are highly anticipated Part two.
Speaker 1: I know what. We gotta wait till next spring.
Speaker 4: Next spring?
Speaker 3: Do you know do they give you any idea or do you not know what's going to happen till you get the script or do you get it?
Speaker 4: Well, think about it. We already finished it. We shot sixteen episodes.
Speaker 2: Y'all, Tyler Perry, go in and don't come out until it's over.
Speaker 4: We shot sixteen episodes.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is, I didn't know how TP was gonna release it, saying he did the eight and then you know, he dropped the second eight. But usually on Netflix, I know, like Outer Banks, Stranger Things, you know, these big shows, they do the two part thing now, but it's usually like a two week wait, like Outer Banks has dropped like three weeks ago. Yeah, they did the five episodes and then they gonna come back with the next five. So I was thinking we were going to do something like that too, until I got to the end of the goddamn serious and damn, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not mad at it.
Speaker 1: Though I'm mad at it, I'm not mad. We need to see you.
Speaker 6: Listen, Spring twenty twenty five will be watching Beauty and Black on Netflix, and we'll be watching an American fantasy on Stars.
Speaker 1: I've had a real question to ask all of y'all.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, So let's just say, because this happened in Beauty and Black, this is kind of lays down the groundwork. Let's just say, your significant other runs over and kills someone with their car.
Speaker 1: Are you going to cover it up?
Speaker 3: Or do you feel a responsibility because it feels like at some point it has to come out right. And it also feels like she's kind of put it on Roy like it set it up so that she feels like because we did run the person over to is she did like this.
Speaker 1: Said they were doing the meaning with it breaks there, it was.
Speaker 2: Already upside.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let me ask y'all, what would you do in that scenario though? Would you cover for your significant other or would you be like, we have to go and like.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 7: Did I hit the body first?
Speaker 3: No choice? But like anybody kills somebody, he don't like it anyway, but I'm anyway, but he.
Speaker 2: Didn't know at the time.
Speaker 3: Let's just say it was somebody who you did care about and love. But you also know that you can get in serious trouble for not telling.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Could both you know, end up going to jail? What would you do in real life? I'm a right, yeah, you're not telling.
Speaker 2: Jordan.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I'm telling, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It really depends on my partner.
Speaker 1: But if you're in the car with them when it happens, now, you're a.
Speaker 8: Yeah, See, that's more likely that I'm gonna say something that guilt would eat me up for real.
Speaker 7: But if I just know about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wouldn't say anything, Okay, But if I'm in the car, yeah, you're in trouble. You're gonna have to run over.
Speaker 2: Me to see.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm wondering. What would I do?
Speaker 3: I feel like I couldn't tell. You know what I'm saying, But that's really fucked up. That's a big But that's had another layer to it. It's your it was, yes, your aunt that got run over.
Speaker 6: Marriage, it's your uncle's wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another layer.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying nothing when Roy hit the body.
Speaker 2: He didn't know that Mallory had already hit that body, right, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, oh no, I think well, because.
Speaker 6: Because it's the private role to the compound, right, anybody in the family could have hit that body exactly, but he knew it was her.
Speaker 1: He went back and put the body.
Speaker 2: In the ye.
Speaker 4: Kind of yeah, kind of.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we.
Speaker 2: Knew TV something.
Speaker 4: I just kept saying, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know act all right, Well, let me ask you another question.
Speaker 3: Could you see being with somebody who you don't really like, you fell out of love with, But let's just say business wise, it makes sense right in a marriage, even though I don't love you anymore. I actually can't stand you. But we have a family business together. It looks good to the outside. We're making millions of dollars. We have an amazing life.
Speaker 6: I hold it down and I'm gonna get my big on the side because I know he getting his see where he at. So you'll just stay together. But we just gonna act like we don't know what's happening. I don't know what you're doing, and you don't know what I'm doing. And in plain sight, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Love your baby, Okay, so you are.
Speaker 4: Malory, I'm roy. I agree, you agree, I'm roy. Yeah, I'm roy.
Speaker 8: If I mean that much money, Like if I still would have money and I could, we could be going our separate ways, I'd be good.
Speaker 6: But it's like it's like a generational wealth, family business passed on through the generations of the black not find the only way they get their inheritance is if they stay married. Yeah, the only way they get their in the company, The only way they are able to keep their shares of the company is if they stay married. So once they divorced, by all get this business that we worked on for all of these years.
Speaker 2: Or you try to work out your marriage.
Speaker 3: I mean, y'all can't be trying to sip and run some other way each other. And I could see trying to.
Speaker 4: Work it out.
Speaker 2: Maybe she did some drugs, but them she.
Speaker 1: Heard of this to day.
Speaker 3: Or be married to somebody who's like a drug addict with rectile dysfunctions. Crazy, Yeah, how can you stay and then for him somebody who is uh I hate to say the word bitch, but she's a bitch.
Speaker 2: She's so mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a mean human being.
Speaker 6: I thought that she got the penis. She I thought that after she got outside pinions that that was gonna make her happy. And know she's still she was meaning him.
Speaker 2: You're just still being mean.
Speaker 3: And when you think about redeeming qualities for characters, I'm trying to think, what is redeeming about her?
Speaker 4: That's a good question. I think the deemon quality about her.
Speaker 5: I think she has the leader, though at the end of the day, it's like she's a bitch whatever, She's an asshole.
Speaker 4: No one likes her. She cleans up your ship, she cleansing my ship.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, she runs a company and makes she keep afloat and keeps her running and keeps you turning.
Speaker 6: Because the parents are older, the father's dying secretly, and the brother is too busy.
Speaker 1: It's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: They trust her, Yeah, like she's the brains of the operations.
Speaker 3: Face all right, So you was the only person who may be here besides me with not staying that is maybe Jordan, you wouldn't stay with somebody, for.
Speaker 7: I'd have to figure out something else. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 8: I don't no offense. I don't like mean enough to be tolerating that For the rest of my life. There's other ways to make money. I don't think about the family though. It's not just him, you're married to the whole family. Yet this there's got to be some secret stock somewhere. People were that wealthy of loopholes. There's a part, and I feel like I would have to find that loophole.
Speaker 1: Or she could go start her own brand, since she's the face of that word something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her own brain. I didn't give people cancer, right, Okay, that's the fact.
Speaker 4: Episode.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I know you can't give us no Caesars, but I can't.
Speaker 7: You know what I've always wondered, how do you shoot the cocaine scenes?
Speaker 4: I do that.
Speaker 1: It do cocaine.
Speaker 4: Camera forgot.
Speaker 6: At all.
Speaker 4: But with me though, I mean.
Speaker 5: They have the substance, this little flowery substance that's from props, and I snorted, I don't know what, sugar ship. I'm committed every slap slap me everything I want to I want to live it. I am one of those committed actors that just do it because once a minute it's real to me, like yo, act it's fake.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 5: Now when I'm not when when that cameras his action. I am so, I mean, and every actor feels this way, but I mean, I'm just committed so with the slap snorting it and it's really going on my nose and getting the whatever after tastes of like whatever this, but I really.
Speaker 6: Need that, you know, Sonny, I can see because as a viewer, when we watch something and it's totally faked, now it is corny, like he ain't really that's so I get while you.
Speaker 5: That's real like Mallory and and you'll see some other stuff. They slapped the ship me, like slap me. So when I'm like my ship ringing it, that's a real is ringing crazy? Because you know Crystal Stewart who plays Mallory shout still yeah, slap rings on her fingers and ship they.
Speaker 1: Probably like take two, like, oh my god, not again.
Speaker 8: Let me write, how did you method act your way into a reptile dysfunction?
Speaker 2: How did you do that?
Speaker 4: Well? Didn't show.
Speaker 1: We saw.
Speaker 5: You, like we know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do all guys get that at some point? Like there's situations where it just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there has to be, Like it's not always. Maybe you're tired, maybe you're stressed.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 3: Maybe so Whiskey did Yeah, Whiskey Dick maybe said too much, Flower, it won't get hurt.
Speaker 4: I haven't had that problem though, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: How that it is never ever like you've been come on, I work with me.
Speaker 4: Never.
Speaker 6: But I mean you're still pretty young though, because I feel like at some point I can see every guy like, because you can't just always be ready. Well, ladies, I hate to bust your bubble, but I was just told last week from my friend who's going through early not early menopause, that had a hysterectomy that she's not getting as well as she used to.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's basically the same thing, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you could use lube though, Yeah, that's you can't get hard, that's just it. You could use a toy instead, be like here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but to answer your question, yeah, I just know I was, thank God. But the thing about it, yeah, it was it was crazy that it's blaming it.
Speaker 2: On the girl for me though, I know, m hmm, she didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was sorry.
Speaker 6: He has problems a lot, has a soft spot for Kimmy. He like loves and hate her at the same time.
Speaker 4: He does I think write a soft spot for a lot of people in there.
Speaker 5: I think he just you'll see these next eight why he acts the way he does, and it seems like he's trying to like compensate with something that he never really got.
Speaker 4: These next eight episodes kind of convey that so okay good.
Speaker 5: Type of redemption. Yeah, because even playing this character, I didn't want him to be one noted. Like if you read the script, it can seem kind of just like mean, mean me, mean, I was like, no, bro, I want to I wanna I want to make this fun. I wanted to be kind of like a love hate with Roy, you know what I'm saying. I think from from what I'm hearing, from what people have told me, I think I did that because like with Crystal or AKA Mallory, it's more fun and just like Banter, we're just going and think about TP too. It's like, we really got to have fun on this set to Tyler doesn't. This is different from me, especially being an actor. It's like usually you get five to ten takes and you're going and you're going. So you're kind of doing the same thing with Tyler. I mean, it's kind of known already, but he gets like one.
Speaker 4: To two tapes, got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And at first I thought I was not going to like that because I'm a perfectionist, so I really wanted to like, damn, one of two tapes, damn. But then I quickly learned that it kind of frees you up a little bit because now you're able to really do whatever you want. You can just live and let it breathe. So with a lot of things with me and Crystal, who plays Mallory, we just living. Fuck the script, right, fuck the script.
Speaker 2: We just going and.
Speaker 4: Now you're getting this little real, natural, authentic Yeah, just what.
Speaker 5: People be saying to each other special relationships when they're going to get each other.
Speaker 4: It's just like we're going to see for sure you want to see. It ain't in the script. So it's just Tyler allowed us just like to play and that was just the best thing of my working with him. I got to play. I know, I cussed up a storm, I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that didn't makes sense for the your painties.
Speaker 4: For me, that's my fair scene.
Speaker 1: You got to put them on.
Speaker 4: Knocking out, knocking out, like one takes will kill it.
Speaker 5: I was like, ship, So I'm like, cause it's gonna be a big scene. And then when it came out and I've seen it, what happened, I was, I was very satisfied, and so I was very satisfied. When he saw it was just like yo, that was because hold on, hold hold up, it's.
Speaker 7: Just just going like that in the script, are you kind of freeze style?
Speaker 5: That was seventy provve okay, seventy percent, and most of my ship isn't prov like. And I was just telling Richard Lost in this and Shannon Wallace who plays Calvin the Driver, and Xavier who plays Angel, we just.
Speaker 4: Had a little thing on Instagram.
Speaker 5: The thing I do about acting, I just how I got prepared for this role for real, because they want, like, how you getting a character first?
Speaker 4: Of all.
Speaker 5: These elements is in my soul already. I've had a tough life in some areas of my life. You go to a lot of dark ship.
Speaker 4: It's in there. So I kind of like equate it to having a drawer.
Speaker 5: You have this drawer, and you picked the drawer out, and you just get some clothes and you wear it just for that time and then you put it back.
Speaker 4: That's how it is for me.
Speaker 5: It's in my spirit and soul naturally as I live this life, I'm happy, go lucky, let's praise God, let's have fun, let's take you know, take shots and have a good time. But I have this darkness to me, and I think everyone has little darkness to him, and with this role, I got to like really convey that. But to get prepared for it, I just used to. I mean I was walking five miles a day and just going over the script so many times, so many times, so many times, so many times where it was like embedded in.
Speaker 1: Me, so you knew who the character was.
Speaker 4: Embedded me.
Speaker 5: So and the thing I do, I try to use my creativity and my imagination as much as I can, Like how would this sound?
Speaker 4: How would this sound? How can I get it so live? And people like yo, that choice is crazy.
Speaker 5: So I'm always just thinking about how if I can be when it comes to these characters. And with Roy, I knew what Tyler was only giving this one of two takes. So that's why I was really just like I was just in it. Yeah I didn't really the script really.
Speaker 4: Didn't matter no more. It was just like now it's just really a couple really just.
Speaker 3: Talking, and now when you talk about pulling from like you said, we all have dark spaces. And so for you moving to Atlanta from Philly at five years old, five days.
Speaker 2: Literally he was.
Speaker 4: Right away.
Speaker 2: So why was that?
Speaker 5: Well, my dad, you know, he was in the music business and my mom, she was a celebrity in nel tech. And they met in Atlanta at a conference or something like that, found out they're about from Philly, went back to Philly. I guess it started romance and then they had me. But you know, Philly was rough, Philly was crazy. It's still is kind of crazy sometimes. And they decided to go back to Lanta where they met, and that's how what happened. And you do music too, Yeah, I am, Yes, I do produce, and right I do. I don't have nothing crazy yet, but now it's about to.
Speaker 2: Change, yeah, because these Royd doors are going to be open.
Speaker 5: Music is different too, because as a producer, it's just it's just different, especially trying to like get with artists, and it's just.
Speaker 4: It takes too, it's too much of a toll.
Speaker 5: To get everybody on the same page because of music sometimes, especially in this day and age. So it's just that's why I really went to acting because.
Speaker 4: It's really on me, right, you have to rely on me. I go around the engineer, I got alloud, the producer and the wrap. It's just it's on me, and I can trust myself. I don't trust these other people. I really don't.
Speaker 3: So your father was in the music business, so you guys moved to Atlanta. So what did you think you were going to do? You played football? Yes, right, you knew. Making it to the NFL is, by the way, something that most people will not achieve. So that's already something huge there that happened for you. But then to even be able to make that transition to being a successful actor, you know, all this time, it just feels like people don't know the backstory though, what happened before that.
Speaker 6: It's clear that you have just natural born talent in your veins from your parents, and a lot of people don't realize that when you come from a background of talent, it's just in you, and it's easier to understand right that it's in you and you were talented in so many different ways.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it wasn't a hard thing for you to make this transition, right.
Speaker 4: You know it's funny, and I'm glad you said that, because, yeah, it was kind of seamless. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: It was a seamless transition because I've always known that I was going to do three things. There's going to be music, acting, in football, okay, So I know I knew I was going to do those three things. I think when I was younger, I obviously I wanted to play sports, play basketball too, but football, and I thought it was a mil ticket, you know, being a the NFL getting money that way. But when that stopped, I knew I had to backup plans. So I know I can do acting.
Speaker 4: I know I can.
Speaker 3: How was it for you stopping football because you played for so long? And I know for some people that's part of like having done all of that your identity for real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just talking to my homeboy, Manual Moody about this last week in LA. Well, for me, I ain't a lot to you, it was not as tragic as it is for some other players. I kind of was tired of it, to be honest. We were done, just the politics within it and just the toll it took in the body mentally, I wasn't really excited for it anymore, and it was just the fun had been gone completely, especially what happened in Arkansas. There was a lot of moving parts that I couldn't control with politics, and when you get older too, you realize how important leadership is, and you know, the leadership.
Speaker 4: At some of these places was kind of like it was just crazy.
Speaker 5: I had three coaches in college, No, damn three, So how can you really get your feet and really be as focused and create a foundation the way you want to? Like, let's say, like Alabama you got Nick Saban. Saban was there for years. So you're not really going through coaches. You're not going through different personnel, You're not going through different personalities.
Speaker 4: I have three three coaches?
Speaker 1: Wow, you.
Speaker 4: I mean I just want to win, right, I just want to win.
Speaker 5: And we had we had some winning times when I was there, but it really was just you know, people made some decisions and things happened, and you know, people were just going in and out of Arkansas.
Speaker 3: That's good because then you were able to play, like in roles where football was center stage in some of those roles, so you were able to take that gives you quite an edge. Yes, it does other characters.
Speaker 4: It does in.
Speaker 5: Football in general. It just creates perseverance and it teaches you hard work, discipline, all that.
Speaker 4: You know, the cliche ship but it's but it does. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: When you playing in front of a hundred thousand people, that pressure compared to you know, when you're gonna set like a Tyler Perry said, you got like two hundred people watch you, and they can be intimate scene between me and you and we're doing this crazy thing.
Speaker 4: We got to do.
Speaker 5: Some people might get nervous about that. Oh my god, someone was watching you see a nigga like whispering as they talking about me. All these things go in your head. And I think with football that prepared me for moments like that because it's way different like playing in front of eighty thousand and everyone's like soul is relying on what you do and what play you make and think about acting is different than football. You don't know what's going to happen. In football, you don't know what play is going to happen. You don't know how the ball's gonna bounce, You don't know what is going to happen. But Actings have a general idea. I got the script, I know what's going to happen. So the pressure from that compared to this made it easy.
Speaker 1: Because anything, hands are nuts, they could do it better than it is. It is.
Speaker 4: It is tough, and so you can have a great night.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves you. You can mess up everyone. You're the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 4: People talking crazy, crazy crazy. So acting is very just like and I think I found my tribe with acting. I really did.
Speaker 5: I think, like, you know, football, I have brothers from football that I love to death, but you know, there's kind of like a synergy within football. It's a little meat heady, a little bit sometimes macho macho man. And when acting, it's more people got to know themselves and are vulnerable. They're not scared to be emotional and accept themselves. And that's kind of like my tribe because that's who I am naturally as a person. Really don't give a shit me. I don't give it, damn And.
Speaker 4: That's how I am.
Speaker 5: And I think some people really just haven't accepted themselves, especially in football, because maybe they're just not there as a frequency, they're not operating at that frequency. But for me, I was always operating at a high frequency, always, and that's why acting is awesome, because everyone is kind of operating at a high frequency, at the high vibrational state.
Speaker 1: How was your first love scene that you had to do in front of.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 5: For you, it really wasn't you know, it's crazy. It's really not nothing to me, to be honest, be honest with you.
Speaker 1: It has to feel a little where everybody watching you, I know, I know, I want to.
Speaker 4: Give you this, like I know, because because about after everyone gives just like crazy essay. But it's like, I just go do it. I just do it. I just go do it, like you get it, I just go do it, do it, Just go do it.
Speaker 7: Has there ever been something you read that you were like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to do that.
Speaker 5: Yes, anything demonic or something like that, So you don't do like a horror. It depends what kind of horror it is. But if it's like demonic and devilish. Hell, there's this movie called Long Legs I saw. I don't know if I've seen that.
Speaker 4: Cage.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: It's scared of shadow me. I like, yeah, but it was actually it was actually a good movie.
Speaker 2: But but it's scared you you wouldn't been able to take on that role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like.
Speaker 2: A movie.
Speaker 4: I want to do that.
Speaker 1: I want to know, you can't do a movie where you're playing with a Wii border and.
Speaker 5: When it comes to that, I really kind of just trying to stay away from that as much as I can.
Speaker 1: But than that, do you believe in spirits?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I believe in spirits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either you've ever seen a ghost or anything.
Speaker 5: Maybe one time, I don't know, maybe one time, but that was like I was walking on this trail one night and I thought I saw a goddamn ghost and and.
Speaker 1: And then you ran it over with the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I believe in spirit.
Speaker 5: I think God, the Spirit, God the Spirit. Yes, it was the Spirit and the Holy Spirit. And you know we're living in this world right now and it's the spiritual warfare going on. So yeah, I definitely believe in spirits.
Speaker 3: And I just want to say for people listening, today is election day. While we're filming this election day, Yeah, actually I'm so nervous. I was like, I don't mind working, you know, night to night to keep myself. I don't want to sit and watch like as the.
Speaker 1: Numbers are coming in and everybody's going crazy and all this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell for sure.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 1: I did the same thing.
Speaker 4: It was fun, all that politics, It was fun.
Speaker 3: But today feels different because you know what, I feel like we're so divided and there's a lot of hate.
Speaker 2: Four years ago, we filmed for Beyond the Poll. Remember we did.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we did the episode the Vote, working for Votes.
Speaker 6: We were talking for votes last year and this year I was at Magic City from the post to the whole. I literally left Magic City last night and got up and went and voted from the polls to the poll And that's strange.
Speaker 2: Come here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, y'all.
Speaker 1: You ever see yourself like running for office or something?
Speaker 4: Yes, really, definitely I would be a great leader.
Speaker 2: Congressman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I could do that.
Speaker 5: I really do think so, because I think my head's on straight and I think I have the proper qualities that this country needs.
Speaker 4: For the people.
Speaker 1: What does he stand let's stand for?
Speaker 3: Okay, I like it, but I do think that more people need to run for office who have leadership qualities.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I honestly feel like the age bracket should be brought down a little a little bit. Yeah, when it comes to politics, even like with the presidential you know, we love call, we want her to win, but she's little on the older side.
Speaker 1: Well do you know that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying I want Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, Biden is really old.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is, in all of politics, I want the age bracket to come down a little bit so that the people who are in control of the decisions are really in tune with the people whould affect the most, which is the younger generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do think we have some younger like senators and counsel people and things like that, because you know, a lot of times we focus on the presidency, but there's also all of Congress that matters that house to represent it honestly facts, Yeah, to get when it comes to things. We need to encourage people to run for office too, because sometimes people don't even understand that they can. Yeah, understand that they can and have to support because it does take money too, and people have to like raise money campaign.
Speaker 1: I guess you're doing a role even.
Speaker 4: I want to, I really do. I want.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be in his story and before anything, I wanted to do a story. I love history, I love it, I love DC. I love all that stuff, yo, and that would have to obviously get better with my policy and things of that nature. But I just want to, like, you know, I just want people to live right and be their best and really live this life to the maximum they can and not stress about so much shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: One question about today's election. I want everybody to answer, Okay, if you were elected president, what's the first thing that you would change or what would you like to see change with this upcoming election.
Speaker 4: Well, it's changed changed, but what.
Speaker 2: Would you like to see something put into play or something changed or something you know, create.
Speaker 5: A meditation program for everybody in America. I create a meditation program because everyone's fucked up right now. The anxiety, the.
Speaker 4: Fear, thet to worry, everyone's minds.
Speaker 5: Everyone just needs to relax and meditate and do what they got to do to get their spirituality up because everyone's focusing so much in this realm.
Speaker 4: This shit is temporary. We're all disposable.
Speaker 5: Everyone's disposable, and at the end of the day, I just would get people on meditation, get their human side up so they can be better.
Speaker 1: Your money, right.
Speaker 4: You know, It's funny. Everyone always you know what, do you want to give me some acting device, acting advice? All this ship be yourself?
Speaker 5: Did I give people human advice? I don't get like this acting ship because you're not gonna be mean. I'm not going to You're not going to be you can't because my ways is not going to have weird ways. But really I just want to give people human advice. So and that's getting like I say, your spirituality up meditation. Up Meditation increases great matter, that reduces cortisol. And at the end of the day, everyone is stressed as fuck out here.
Speaker 1: When did you start meditating?
Speaker 4: I think around like twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Okay, during the pandemic.
Speaker 4: That was a great start because I had a panic attack so goddamn bad that I thought I was going to die.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 5: And I was running around the streets at LA crazy because because twenty was nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was doing this all day and every day all day because everyone's free to do whatever they want.
Speaker 4: So I got today, but they aren't exactly.
Speaker 5: People are giving them money, loans, everything, and everyone's having a good time.
Speaker 1: It was hard.
Speaker 5: It was a part exactly exactly and recipes everybody that yeah, went to that condolences, but yeah, for the like you know, the young crowd in La, it was just more so.
Speaker 4: Nigga were doing that we want nigga and every night and stop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they got to the point where one day it was so bad. I just had this panic attack and from nowhere.
Speaker 1: How did you know? It was like what happens?
Speaker 4: I had to run.
Speaker 5: I had to run and my heart was being so fast I thought I was gonna die. I have fucked up anxiety. I used to have fuck anxiety and crippling anxiety. And this is what I want to talk about, this type of stuff. I want to talk about the people because I think sometimes people see.
Speaker 4: Me and like, yo, he just got it going on, nigga.
Speaker 5: My mind's fucked sometimes a lot of times, and I just had to find ways to like cope and get my mind better because the mind is so strong and it can attract things and it's really a dictator to how you really live your life. So with that though, I think just the drink in and not getting no sleep. This is And I lost one of my friends. It was like he was actually, yeah, he's one of my friends and he really supported me, and he had passed away, and I think when I saw the news, I just freaked out and.
Speaker 4: It's just panic attack came over me and I just because you.
Speaker 5: Know, we can't multitask in the brain. You know, the brain don't can focus on one thing at a time. So when sometimes when it gets too crazy and too hectic in my mind, I just got to run because once you start running and stuff, your brain's focusing on running and now you're tired and ship.
Speaker 4: So now you can give your.
Speaker 1: Brain and just a break exactly, So you meditate by running.
Speaker 4: No, that's why I did that. That's why I said, I can't do this shit again.
Speaker 2: Change.
Speaker 4: So that's when I really started, like really trying to.
Speaker 5: Find ways to just get my mind to be as president as possible so it can be relaxed and as best as I can be, you know what I'm saying. So ash fora Ganda taking bte in his officials, the D three's.
Speaker 4: Multi vitamins. It can go on and on and on.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of vitamins that was taken and then with meditation and then with prayer. So now you got a combo. You get the prayer going, you get the meditation going, take the Astra Ganda and now you just presire, yeah you present.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to anybody that, like what made you decide to do that?
Speaker 5: Talk to God about it, okay, and just meditators about it. And then I really started understanding just how like important meditation was. I would go to the steam room and just meditate for fifteen twenty minutes, put on good music and just breathe. And I don't think we realize as humans how imperative just breathing is.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Everyone's just living life when you kind of hold your breath and doing it exactly.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know about this. You just hold your breath. And I think that.
Speaker 5: Just with time and just knowing about meditation, it just continued to be a part of my daily regiment and I do it like every day, and I just.
Speaker 4: Encourage people to do it, you know, because it really helps. It really does help.
Speaker 1: And they do have apps and everything like that that can actually help you with.
Speaker 2: For everything.
Speaker 3: Sound back, because sometimes our mind is always racing too. I know it's hard for me to sleep at night because I have like twenty thousand things in my head. I do this, got to do that I gotta do and then you're just laying there like and the next thing you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Time to get up, and it's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's really is crazy. But it helps me everything we're acting everything. It just allows you to be setting the scene, allows you to be sett in life. It helps it crazy.
Speaker 1: If I was president, I think the thing I will focus on first is housing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's like one of the major issues that will help people in every single way. Knowing that you have a decent place to live is so important, and so many people don't have that, and so many people are like, how do I pay my rent? I'm getting evicted, I don't have this, I don't have hot water, I don't you know. It's all of those things. And so for me, just affordable housing for people or places for people to live, because we can build things and we can also make sure and I know we do this here now, but when developers are doing projects, making sure part a portion of that, you know, does go to it is affordable housing incentives from the government.
Speaker 1: Also, I feel like opportunities.
Speaker 3: I think about people who are able to entern or do things like that and not have to worry so much about money as they're pursuing their goals because they need someplace to live. You know, we all grinded it out at a certain time in our life where maybe we didn't have well most of us didn't have money like that. But at least if you know you have a place to live, you will come home.
Speaker 2: To where you're able to be more sane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to presume things that you really want to pursue.
Speaker 2: You know, would you change Jordan?
Speaker 7: I think my focus would always be in human rights in some sort. I think elderly cares overlooked women's rights. Obviously, healthcare are food.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: I think it would have to be one of those that's mine, FDA. They're killing us with these personages in our food. Look at how many the high counts of people who have and are suffering from and actually losing lives to cancer.
Speaker 2: That wasn't happening when we were kids. It's like that wasn't happening to twenty thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: It's such fanatic countries that they won't Yeah, we allowed here so much, but in other countries they're like, oh no.
Speaker 2: We don't have so much.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: Killing us. The food is killing us. The chem trails in the air, like, all of that is what I would focus on if.
Speaker 1: I had that right, we turned into all this. This all came out of lip service.
Speaker 2: Today. I'm telling you, look what you today, politician.
Speaker 4: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: What are you like in a relationship?
Speaker 4: Relationship?
Speaker 6: Terribly?
Speaker 4: I got relationship?
Speaker 1: What what were people you dated say about you? In common?
Speaker 4: Like, he's an asshole, but he's gott be closer to God. Just say he's in freedom. He loves his freedom. And he's like, yeah, he loves his freedom.
Speaker 7: Always say so you were all here cheating.
Speaker 4: No, I don't do that at all.
Speaker 1: That don't do that at all at all.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 1: What does it? Loves his freedom?
Speaker 2: Mean, he's not committed committing. He's not going to because he's not going to commit. So there we go. You can't cheat if you're not committed.
Speaker 8: Relationship relationship now, oh yeah, an open relationship, but monogamous.
Speaker 4: I'm going to committed relation.
Speaker 2: He's committed, he's not a long a long time.
Speaker 1: He's like, I keep my private life, my private life, to keep it protected, keep it.
Speaker 4: We're not talking about war, no more now facts, but yeah.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know what I have going on.
Speaker 3: I'm married and the woman is runs the business and he runs and we're going to stay together because of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we got we had a cool dynamic. We went. Yeah, cool dynamic and stuff that works for us. That's it, very right.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: But she always comes be there.
Speaker 1: Okay, good?
Speaker 4: You always always there be supportive of my dog.
Speaker 1: Does she wetch the series with you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: And what does she say?
Speaker 4: Was she like she loved it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good?
Speaker 4: I have a she gets it. She gets it in the way, you know. I think.
Speaker 5: You got to be with somebody who just understands the same I have the same worldview kind of in the same perspective. And really that's really when it comes down to. Obviously, I'm not a checkbox guy. I don't give a ship about the cooking, clean and bullsh I don't give a ship.
Speaker 4: Make me laugh?
Speaker 7: Do you split the bills?
Speaker 5: No discusst to just take it, take it, take it, baly, don't care about no duties, give ship.
Speaker 4: It's about the synergy. It's about the chemistry. And can we laugh? Can we have a good time?
Speaker 1: Easy person to date?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Easy? We just laugh the whole time?
Speaker 5: Wake up in the morning laugh because yes, I don't take life too serious. I mean that's serious.
Speaker 4: I don't serious. I take three things serious and that's God. I know. I'm not drinking right now, I'll forget me, but I want to do better for g O. D.
Speaker 5: I take my family serious, and I take my careers serious. Okay, when they say said, I mean when they call it actually, I take it serious. My family look out for them everything and then you know God, and that's really it. Everything else is a bonus.
Speaker 4: That's my memoirs. Take that title.
Speaker 5: But yeah, everything else, Yeah, it's gonna call that because that's what everything else is a bonus to me.
Speaker 4: I don't take things too serious.
Speaker 1: Already got his memoir player.
Speaker 5: I'll be writing everything in my notes slowly, like I can't believe this happened. Yeah, I'm just writing everything. I go through, every thought that that this process in my mind. I write it down so when I do one day get older, when I write something, I'll be there. You know.
Speaker 4: So thinks about us. I look at life. I don't think that.
Speaker 5: I think it's life, especially when things have happened of recent especially this last five years with just losing people and seeing the tragy that's happened because you know, I lost three teammates last year, Arkansas lost three of them. I lost my brother, Ryan Mallett, Os Collins and Chris Smith, my dogs and and and just getting I already had this mentality, but just when you lose people that are your age and stuff like that, I think the care for this certain minute, the minute things that we care about in this world just kind of goes away. And I think the things that really matters, how you treat people and how people feeling they meet you.
Speaker 4: And that's why I'm in the trenches with the people.
Speaker 5: I've responded to every person who de in me, everybody, damn. But I'm kind of getting tired of it.
Speaker 4: You there.
Speaker 1: For by the time dropped it over.
Speaker 4: Kind of this is just getting a lot and a lot to you. But I just I'm in the trenches. I don't give a ship about this. I really don't. I really don't care.
Speaker 3: It is your anxiety a lot better now, it's amazing under control.
Speaker 4: Three before I got on set. I feel good right now, calm, But we know you.
Speaker 3: Have all kinds of emergencies going on, and I love that you rolled in here like you won't believe it just happened. You know, you got to roll with the punches. When it comes to life, there's things that are out of your control, absolutely that you just have to be like, all right, well figure it out, figured this out.
Speaker 4: You can do quality living life.
Speaker 5: Look at things as a bigger picture. Everything is like a bigger picture than me. And you know, sometimes I do got to work on the small details of my life though. I got to do better with that thing, you know, certain things. But I look at life, it's just a bigger picture.
Speaker 1: Well it's working for you say that everything is a blessing from God.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: And yeah, just even being with y'all that on last year at the time, I was driving uber and at the end of the day my car I was see.
Speaker 1: No one would think that because you've had successful exactly.
Speaker 5: That's why I tell everybody I would drive, assume you have money. I was fucked up, fucked up bad because we were on strike and we didn't work. We didn't work for seven months.
Speaker 2: And then it was the actor strike and the writers.
Speaker 5: Yes, all these strikes are happening, no works coming through, so damn is dwindling. So I'm like, damn, because I wanted to do Uber because I'm like, I'm not going I didn't want to, like know, Bundy Clock or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I wanted to work on my time. I did Uber.
Speaker 2: How was that experience?
Speaker 4: Humble humbled right now? But yeah, I was doing Uber. But it was cool. I was meeting I was meeting people.
Speaker 1: You were chatty, chatty.
Speaker 4: I don't start it though, I don't start.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing your beats in the car.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 4: I bet you really deal with that for sure.
Speaker 1: I bet you in Atlanta the most I'm not going to know you're doing in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I know that was well, yeah, it was just you know, it was it was quick.
Speaker 1: Girls hitting on YouTube sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then one day it was so bad that my car wasn't like it wasn't working anymore. I said, what was going on? And next thing, you know, my transmission just blew.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Because I needed extra money that day, so I drove fourteen hours, like a dumb.
Speaker 1: Ass, fourteen stupid you grinding.
Speaker 4: Grinding it, tell you, grinding it grinding.
Speaker 1: Everything else is just a bonus.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Grinding it out. It had no car for months, and in my savings account barely making it.
Speaker 4: And then I said, all I need is one. I just need one.
Speaker 2: Here we are and I want you.
Speaker 1: To do it all the time. When you get out of d did you get good to your uber driver lady? You never know.
Speaker 4: I was playing great music, just nineties music, two thousand music and just viving, just and you know, that was it.
Speaker 3: I had some great uber driver conversations with some of my drivers. One guy I had to let him know, like, this woman is scamming you. He was sending this girl. He was older and he was sending her like all this money, and then she kept on not flying in.
Speaker 2: To see him.
Speaker 3: Was like, sir, money, probably the man a well, Julian, I want to thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 1: Honestly I got the email like, oh Julian Hern from Beauty.
Speaker 3: I said, yes please because that show was the number one series, and congratulations to you.
Speaker 1: It's well deserved.
Speaker 3: I love hearing about your journey and how you got there because I think people.
Speaker 1: See like, oh, he's you know he's.
Speaker 2: And they don't understand.
Speaker 3: But then tough Love and land, they think you're just doing it and you just have a ton of people see you on TV and think automatically rich.
Speaker 4: My life is boun It's a ship min of craziness. Yeah, I'm just yeah, I'm just doing it.
Speaker 2: Balance the crazy with the zen, meditate your way through exactly.
Speaker 3: D M him while you can because he might not respond later, but maybe now getting get a response, Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We appreciate I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm