Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Dan, Welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Our first guest is Dan Baldwin is a professional writer, often seen as a ghostwriter for other professionals. He has written or co written or ghosted more than fifty books, has won numerous local, regional, and national awards. He's a certified clinical hypnotherapist. Plays the Native American flute, is an extra pendulum dowser, having used the pendulum to assist in finding missing people for more than fifteen years. Dan, welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's delightful, we'll be back. I'm delighted to be here.
Speaker 2: It's good to have you with us.
Speaker 3: Have you been been busy, been real busy.
Speaker 2: What have you been up to.
Speaker 3: I've been swinging that pendulum an awful lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How did you get involved in that?
Speaker 3: It's a real strange story. Uh. I was about twenty years ago. I heard a voice, and I'm not a clear audience. I don't hear voices. You know, the pendulum is my thing. I heard a voice, clear as a bell that said, you know, go find missing children. It was like a commandment, and it was one of those things that stuck in the back of my head and just would not let me go. And after about three months of dealing with it, I finally said, you know, looked at the sky and said, yeah, show me the door. I'll walk through it. And it hit me that my mom had told me that we have a little psyching trend, you know, in the family. And I said, well, I'll give that a shot. You know, I'm not I'm not a copper, a private eye, but you know, maybe I can use the psychic psychic ability if I have any, to find these missing kids. And I just started hanging around with different psychics and one day I saw someone doing doing a pendulum. I said, that's it. I can do that, and I just picked it up.
Speaker 2: Now, how does it work finding missing people?
Speaker 3: It works like it doesn't any investigative process. The pendulum is really a rock on the string. It's like a terror cards or crystal ball. There's nothing magic about it. It's it's a tool. But what it does is one your well, your your conscious mind is looking at this weight on a string. Your your subconscious mind is freed up, and that's where all the magic happens, and your subconscious is able to contact oh what the medieval bards would call the other world, you know, call it the universe, whatever tag you want to put on it. But you're able to contact the other world and get the answers to your questions. And with with the pendulum, it works very simply. If you ask a question, if the answer is yes, it'll swing right. If the answer is no, it'll swing it'll swing to the left. And it's just a process of uh, you know, conversation and the process of elimination. Do you I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Do you hold it over a mat?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You can. Normally I hold it over my palm and ask questions. But if I'm looking for a missing person, uh, you can reduce the area that you're looking at, say from the United States to Arizona to northern Arizona at some point to question and answers. You can narrow down the area and then you can pull out a map and get get real specific and if you want to. I've often used Google Earth, and you can actually, you know, you get you can get right down to very specific areas. I mean, in looking for a missing person or missing or whatever. You can actually get latitude and longitude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get.
Speaker 3: Remarkable Yeah, when it when it works, Yeah, working with it's like any other psychic capabilities. Sometimes you're cooking, sometimes you're not. But when one, it's when it's right, it is extremely accurate and it's a very good Georgia and I've discovered it's an extremely effective investigated tool.
Speaker 2: Now, Dan, you also use this for researching extraterrestrials. How does that work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That is correct. Yeah. Let me make a small announcement. Yeah, Georgia and I have the new book we wrote. We just wrote The Sky People in Our Ancestors was just out last week, so your audience is the first to hear about this. So Wed, Yeah, we were kicking around one day after our last book and which involved you know, the spirit world and UFOs, and we were talking. You know, you hear a lot about the uh, the the people from above, from the from the heavens and from the stars coming down and visiting people in the Middle East. That's that's part of history. And we said, well, you know, we have Native Americans here. I bet they were visited by the sky people. And I started thinking, yeah, there's the especially out here in the West, we have the lots of sky people who come down and help out the Native Americans. So we decided to start investigating that angle, the sky people and the Native Americans, and we're kind of divided it into an interesting area. Georgia's out in them in Louisiana, which is basically the mound builder culture, and I'm out here in the Great Southwest in Arizona, which is the cliff dwelling culture. And we decided to explore both of those cultures and then one see if they did have contact with the sky people, which they did, and then we could compare the mound builders contact with the cliff builders contact, and it got real interesting. They were definitely they were definitely here visiting our Native American populations a lot.
Speaker 2: And you asked the pendulum what kind of questions to decide that?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, basically the questions like you and I. You would ask me, you know, for example, if I'm at a I'll say a Native American cliff dwelling, I would ask, you know, is there a spirit who was here at the time that this dwelling was active? I get a yes or no, and I always got a yes. And you would ask basic questions are you male or your female? Where you're a farmer, where your warrior? And then you know, you've kind of build up a relationship really and then I would start asking, you know, did you have visitations from what we would call sky people? And consistently I got a yes. And one of the really interesting things about this, and we asked this across the board and we got the same end across the board. Uh. The Native Americans never thought of the sky people as gods. They always thought of them as people, advanced people, people with you know, great technology and great knowledge and great experience. But they said, now, they would tell us, you know, we did not think of them as gods. They were they were just people who came from the sky to visit us.
Speaker 2: But they did believe in gods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we had a really interesting conversation with a with a shame when I was up on the Onwn area called Cedar Mesa in Utah, which is just loaded with a Native American cliff dwellings. And most of the time I was in contact with the spirits. They were you know, basic folks, you know, farmers, But every once in a while I would run into maybe a shaman and I had a conversation with one shaman about about religion, and I said, you know, did you did you worship them as gods? And God know they were not God. They said, did you share religion? And they said, we did not share a religion, but we had religious services together. And I said, well there was some were there some kind of basic commonalities between their religion and your religion? And the shaman told me, he said, well, my religion hasn't changed any but it has expanded.
Speaker 2: Tell us more about the sky.
Speaker 3: People than Yeah, they were basically they arrived not on any particular schedule, and they really didn't announce their arrival. They just basically showed up in the traditional what we would call a ufo, and they would land nearby the village and generally the leadership, the chief or the shaman would go out and visit with the sky people, and the villagers would you know, they would can't stand by and watch what was going on. And I asked you what were you guys doing with each other? And yeah, obviously I'm boiling down a lot of information covered over an extensive or search, question and answer periods, but basically, the sky people came down to uh, conduct trade with the Native Americans, and what they traded was basically information, and primarily what they were the information. At least what we've gotten so far is they would trade information on the religious beliefs, but also on health and well being. Apparently the sky people helped the Native Americans with your medical health and hygiene.
Speaker 2: How often did these sky people visit?
Speaker 3: There was no regular schedule. I asked them if it was, if it was common or regular. They said the answer I got was it was it was fairly common, but not regular. They would just show up. And another interesting thing we came about, we learned all the all of the sky people that the Native Americans here and in the Mound building cultures that that they encountered were what we would call the Nordis. Those were the you know, the blind, blue eyed, tall beings. They would walking down if they had on a suit and tire or something walking down the street. They would look like normal people. And what really threw me was they never we never encountered the case where they encountered the graves, not one case.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 3: That was really that really threw me for a loop. But I would ask, you know, uh, you know in addition to the tall, tall, blonde people, were there any short great people were big almond shaped eyes and consistently across the board.
Speaker 2: We got to know, what about the praying mentis type? Same with that.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask about the praying mantis type. I asked basically to I asked for description of the people, and the script descriptions I got were, you know, tall, blond haired, blue eyed, blue eyed people.
Speaker 2: What is a Cato Indian a cattle Indian?
Speaker 3: You know, the Catto Indians were one of the high cultures of the mound building cultures that disappeared white before the Spanish and the French came along through Louisiana and through the Mississippi and the Red River and the rivers up and there. But they were very high culture. They built mounds and had temples and the extensive trade areas. There's one area called Poverty Point, which predated the Caddos over in northeast Louisiana, but one of the largest largest sites Native American sites in existence. And they had trade from down to Central America all the way up to the Great Lakes. So they were you know, they weren't just a bunch of grubby Indians, you know, grubbing out in existence. They were very highly skilled, very very knowledgeable people.
Speaker 2: Did you find out, Dan, why the sky people visited us?
Speaker 3: Basically, the answer we kept getting was just to share information. I'm sure there's probably a lot more to that, but the information that the Native American spirits gave us was they were there on a friendly visit and they were there to share information.
Speaker 2: And of course they did share it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, both sides, you know, they traded information and something that was really it kind of fascinated me. Up in the Utah area, the Indians there were very friendly with the Native Americans. And I did a spot check down in some areas in the Arizona south of the Superstition Mountains just to compare cultures, and the same Sky people visited. But down in Arizona they were a little bit for some reason, they were a little bit more intimidated. They didn't fear the sky people, but the average citizen of the villages was I think they were intimidated again, not fearful what they were. They were dealing with people of extremely high technology. They did not understand everything that was going on, but there never was any fear or anything like that. You know, they were welcome gas Let me put it that way.
Speaker 2: How many Native American groups did they visit?
Speaker 3: I don't really know. My guess would be every one of them. We only investigated the the the Indians out here in the southwest in my area and the area where Georgia lives over in Louisiana. But they were whenever we would go to a site, there was always they knew what the sky people were, They knew that the sky people had had visited there.
Speaker 2: Were they scared by them?
Speaker 3: Not really again, Uh, the worst that they the worst feeling that they had against them, What would be just intimidation. Yeah, these are these are people who have obviously a lot more knowledge and a lot more technology than we do. And some of them were intimidated. Most of them, you know, most of most of the encounters, uh, especially up in the in the Utah area, they just accepted it, you know, right, the sky people are back. Let's let you know, let the chief go out there, let the showman go out there, see see what's going on.
Speaker 2: Did they ever describe the craft yep?
Speaker 3: Traditionally, uh, you would, you would call it the traditional Ufo flying saucery in fact, I was at a place called Fishmouth fish Mouth Cave, which is a beautiful ruin stuck way back, way back of a canyon. But actually there was a sandy area and I drew, you know, a box, and I do a circle, and I drew a drawing of a you know, a flying saucer, and you know, and I would point to each one, is this what you saw? I got to know? This is what you saw? I got to know, pointed to the flying saucer and I got a yes from the pendulum. So they came down in the traditional flying saucers.
Speaker 2: Did they talk about abductions? Now?
Speaker 3: The visited that. Again, this is just the culches that we've visited. But they did go aboard the craft. Usually it was the shaman or the chief, and sometimes females would go aboard. So I'm assuming there was some sort of inspection, medical exam something going on, something like that. But only only a couple of people actually go up. Most of the ones we talked to U saw the craft. They saw the chief of the show and go into the craft. They saw the craft go up it I'll come back, but most of them pretty much stayed away from it.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the abduction of Lindsay Higgins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's uh we did. Yeah, that was a case in back in Streetport, Louisiana. And George can tell you a lot more about that. But Lindsay called him up. George was with Muffon, I think he was the regional director, and somebody put Lindsay in contact with George. And Lindsay was having, uh, you know, the typical experiences. She would wake up and they would be strange marks on her body, have dreams of you know, the dreams of being up on the craft. And she had many unexplained abdominal pains that the doctors could not explain, and so she contacted George. George called called me up and said, hey, you think we can use the pendulum downsing technique to investigate Lindsay's case. And I said, well, let's let's find out. And so we, uh you know, we got our pendulums out in the gated and Lindsay was actually abducted by the by the UFOs. She wasn't harmed. She was examined and one of the interesting things we did using the again using the pendlum dowsing, we were able to contact the ets who abducted her, and abduction abduction is not quite accurate, uh, you know that that implies violence and negativity and all that. But we were able to contact them and said, look, if you're doing this, Lindsay obviously has agreed to do this in a past life to go through this experience and that that's another whole story there. But if you're going to abduct her and examiner, can you do it without hurting her, without pain? And we got a yes. And apparently she was abducted by the Grace and apparently they just did not understand that they were causing they were causing pain, so they said, yeah, no more, no more pains. And she has been contacted a couple of times since George and I worked with her, that's a couple of years ago. And she said, yes, he's been aboard again, but there has been no pain involved with it.
Speaker 2: Then when you got a yes to that question, was it a pendulum question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. Yeah, we used the pendulum extensively. One of the real benefits of working with the pendlum and this is especially through dealing with the spirit world. You know, when you when you're dealing with the psychic, who's dealing with trying to investigate the spirit world. And you know, you're happy if you get like a knock on the door or somebody touches you, or if you get maybe an EVP. You know, that's that's considered a successful session. Well with pendulum downs and you can carry on extensive conversations. George and I've had conversations with spirits and yeah in Louisiana, Detexas, Arkansas, Arizona, New Mexico. You name it for you know, ten fifteen to twenty minutes at a time. And I think part of that is because the spirit world, you know, they operated the higher vibration, and I think the subconscious mind involved with pendulum dowsing is able to communicate at that level much better than say the human conscious mind.
Speaker 2: Were you baffled by the fact that this works, not really? Or do you expect it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, I expect it to work. And again, you know, like like I said, sometimes you know, sometimes you're you're cooking and you get straight answers. Sometimes if you know, if you're in a bad mood or if you're taking if you've got the flu in your own Colt cold cold medicine, you're going to have a bad day, but if you do it right, you're going to get very accurate information. And I've done this so much, so many times and got so many correct answers. You know, there's no doubt about the technique works. And one of the good things about it is like anybody can tick this technique out. If you can hold a rock on a string, you can do pendulum dowsing. The only the only hard part is you've got to keep your mind absolutely clear so that your subconscious does the work and not your you know, not your critical mind.
Speaker 2: How many books stan have you written with George Shawl?
Speaker 3: George and I have written, uh, this will be our second one together. But George was like my premier researcher for the pendulum the Pendulum Dowsing one, the South Dowsing, the Deceased Pendulum two, which was what we all learned about our investigations about life on the other side. Then George and I wrote the Lindsay Higgins book together, and together we wrote the Skypeople books. So George and I have been I have two books together, and we're we're going to meet later this month and see if there's another that says a third in.
Speaker 2: US, fascinating research that you tube do, fascinating.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. And you know it's like you open a door and step into a room, and then you know.
Speaker 2: There are more doors and more rooms.
Speaker 3: And more rooms. Yeah, it's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast a m every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more