Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and our listeners have given us so.
Speaker 2: Much this year.
Speaker 1: Mean honestly, thank you for all the listens, all the comments and feedback. Thank you to the strange men who found Alexus's Amazon wish list and made.
Speaker 2: Her dreams come true this year.
Speaker 1: To you, really, and we just felt like we had to do something nice back for the listeners.
Speaker 3: I know, I mean honestly, they they're the ones that help jeff take down Julia Louis Dreyfus's.
Speaker 2: And all of us took down it. It was a team effort led mostly by the way. Did you even bring it up? Brook, I should know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but we wanted to thank you and do something special. That's why today we're going to start a countdown of the top ten second Date updates. This is our special gift to you because it's one hundred percent free and we had to do very little effort for it.
Speaker 2: So please don't complain about the ads, just skip up, just.
Speaker 1: Give forward, and we're going to start with number ten, which is titled Finding Nemo Losing Date. It's the movie Pixar would have made if they wanted to make all the children cry.
Speaker 2: And sit back and enjoy number ten.
Speaker 1: Second date Update, Second date Update.
Speaker 2: That's a guy.
Speaker 1: I can think of a lot of qualities that men might be looking for in a female companion. You know, someone who's sweet, who likes to laugh. Didn't hear any laughter from the ladies in the continue, but extra toe wouldn't say no to that. You never know when you need a really good backscratch.
Speaker 2: Just tossed that foot in their get to work. You know what they say, the extra clo.
Speaker 1: But maybe the number one sexiest quality a woman can have from a guy's perspective is somebody who is low maintenance. And apparently that from a guy's perspective. I know the ladies aren't going to understand that.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, perpetive, but okay, apparently.
Speaker 1: That's what one of our listeners, Eddie found recently from his date, who, in typical low maintenance fashion, is not calling him. I apologize for her actions. I do not think they're warranted.
Speaker 3: Okay, you haven't heard anything about his date.
Speaker 1: I am already on Eddie's side.
Speaker 3: How does that feel, Eddie? Oh my god, you guys are like bro bonded or something. Right now, where'd you find this low maintenance woman.
Speaker 4: So we met online on one of those chat sites you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, low maintenance girls Dot.
Speaker 1: Coming right now, Joe, Yeah, alder site.
Speaker 2: They're on like once a year. You can only catch them be on there all the time.
Speaker 1: But year.
Speaker 2: What's this low maintenance woman's name?
Speaker 4: Melanie?
Speaker 3: Melanie? Okay, I mean, did you know from the beginning that she was someone that I mean that you were looking for?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what I really liked on her profile it said that she was low maintenance, so that that was a gem for me.
Speaker 4: So I was like, you know what, prove it?
Speaker 3: Oh, no, that really sounds like you're high maintenance.
Speaker 2: You can't say that, Eddie.
Speaker 5: No, no, So I asked, I asked, you know, do you want to do a fancy cooking class or play? She said, we can, but that's not really her thing. She said, Literally, if you want to grab food and just watch a movie in the back of your car, I'm.
Speaker 4: Up for it.
Speaker 3: In the back of your car on your phone, I.
Speaker 2: Watch the movie.
Speaker 4: Definitely had to be creative, Okay. I decided to test it.
Speaker 5: So we ended up meeting in one of those parking lots outside windows outdoor mall.
Speaker 2: It's also so sketchy. Are you really going with the back seat of the car idea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I had to test it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why she's not called here. She actually came.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she showed up. She gave me a big hug, and she did look like her pictures.
Speaker 1: That's great, But did you ever warn her that this was actually the date that you had planned?
Speaker 4: I want her to be a surprise.
Speaker 3: No, surprises are typically good things, like you put thought into stuff.
Speaker 2: Look, I like her already. I love low maintenance. But I think she was saying it as a joke.
Speaker 3: And low maintenance doesn't mean you don't want to have someone that's thoughtful.
Speaker 2: Yet I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, we're already getting all judgmental. We should figure out what happened when you showed her what the date was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I said I had a surprise for her.
Speaker 5: I took my car, opened the back door, and then right there there's three big bags of wind beats. You know, I was being thoughtful. And then I had finding Nemo, playing a portable DVD, play.
Speaker 3: A mole parking lot, the smell of the fast food in a car.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It just never sells good unless you're the one that orders it and brings it in.
Speaker 1: This comes from all the high maintenance women in this never satisfied with.
Speaker 2: The like did she laugh?
Speaker 3: What did she say?
Speaker 2: Blown away? Obviously?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she laughed. But she wouldn't get in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, Eddy, I mean even the movie choice is kind of predatory, you know, like feeling.
Speaker 2: It's a Disney movie broke. Yeah, this is all Red Flags company. Really did she.
Speaker 1: Get in because she had to push the other teenager out of.
Speaker 2: The way exactly.
Speaker 4: She says she doesn't really know me yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, I look at that. She's smart. She's thinking this through at least. Yeah, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 3: You're did you have a plan?
Speaker 5: B So we went to a barn next door, each had a beer, and I teached her. I was like, you know, the Windy's just getting cold.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 6: First thing you guys did.
Speaker 3: You're not still pushing the Windys.
Speaker 2: You need to give up on the Windys man.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, well it.
Speaker 5: Worked because a few minutes later we were in the back seat watchdn't find a new MOODE what beer?
Speaker 2: And she says, yes, to talk to this guy.
Speaker 4: We had our burgers.
Speaker 5: We had our frost sees you know, how is that not melted?
Speaker 2: Can you just let them get through one sentence without judging? Okay, you slurped through the straw?
Speaker 3: Then what Eddie.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like we were in a movie theater. We've both seen the movie, so we could talk through it.
Speaker 2: That's true. Sometimes that's okay.
Speaker 3: So you're hanging now.
Speaker 2: Is she feeling safe and comfortable with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think so, but it was it was a little weird because it was good, but we didn't get to the end of the movie, like about three quarters into the movie.
Speaker 4: Movie. She says she had to go.
Speaker 3: That's like an hour into the movie.
Speaker 2: My friend, I mean she said that she was there a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was, and I was okay with it because after so much fast food. Look, you don't want to sit next to me, wind.
Speaker 2: To come to get date. Okay, it's Wendy's. It is a delight.
Speaker 1: But okay, it sounds like you felt like you left it on an okay note, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought we did. So I walked into her car. I gave her a hug.
Speaker 5: But for some reason I haven't heard from her since window.
Speaker 2: It's a fro movie. He walks into her fred drink.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you really truly feel like you guys had a connection though, Eddie. That's that's what matters. I mean, I know I'm making fun of you for the finding Nemo and the interesting choices.
Speaker 4: But you know, I really think that we did.
Speaker 1: And you said that she's low maintenance, so maybe she's playing the really really low maintenance slow game here. I just hope that she answers the phone when we call her and get your second date update.
Speaker 2: Right, next second date update.
Speaker 1: Man, even when a guy does absolutely everything right, women they just have this way to find something wrong and spin it.
Speaker 2: Against so picky.
Speaker 6: You are so demanding.
Speaker 1: Thank you for finally saying I'm bringing it up because one of our listeners, Eddie took out a woman named Melanie, who described herself as low maintenance, and she told him I'm the type of gal who'd be happy just eating fast food in the back of a car while watching a movie. But then, of course, when Eddie shows up with three bags of Wendy's and finding Nemo on Blu Ray.
Speaker 2: In his s uv, Melanie and all the ladies in the room.
Speaker 1: Go, well, obviously she didn't mean watch a movie in the car.
Speaker 3: What come?
Speaker 1: We're just taking you literally at what you're saying, and now we're trying to figure out if Eddie took things too literally. Brooke, I don't know what advice do you have for Eddie that he needs to decipher what you really mean.
Speaker 2: Eddie, I think one of.
Speaker 3: The like hard pieces for me listening to you to describe your date was how you kept saying I was testing her. Like that's always something is like, ugh, that feels so bad.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been on so many dates with women that say that and they're pretty high maintenance and they just don't know it.
Speaker 3: Okay that' did you? Did you tell her that you were testing her though, Like, I'm wondering if that was maybe part of the problem.
Speaker 4: I definitely wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, works really well when you're like, hey, by the way, this is a big test.
Speaker 2: So you got her answer right.
Speaker 3: Easily said in the back, Hey, I was just doing this date because you said you were a low maintenance and I just wanted to see if that was right.
Speaker 2: And that would have come off sexy to you.
Speaker 3: If he said that, then if that's why she's not calling him back.
Speaker 2: He's damned if he does. He's damned if he doesn't like your full.
Speaker 1: Date, a terrible date that she suggested do him and he just listened to.
Speaker 2: But what do we know? Let's just call her in here, which she asked to say, you're ready to do this? Eddie?
Speaker 4: All right? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello. Hey is this Melanie?
Speaker 6: This is she?
Speaker 2: Aame Melanie.
Speaker 1: My name is jeff from the radio show brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: I had to feel like Brooks should take it from here. What I screwed it up?
Speaker 6: Because I giggled, Melanie, I'm I'm good. What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: Great question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not really what you could do for us, but what you could do for one of our listeners that you went out on a date with named Eddie.
Speaker 6: Okay, and who is this again?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Who am I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We're brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show, and we're trying to help Eddie figure out what went wrong or if anything did go wrong on your date, because he told us a little bit about it. He's not sure if he made some mistakes. But we just like to know what you think of Eddie.
Speaker 6: You know, I guess. When I first met him, I thought that he was.
Speaker 4: Kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I just ask, Like, you show up to a mall parking lot and this guy opens the door and he's got Finding Nemo and Wendy's in the back seat. What are you thinking.
Speaker 5: In that moment?
Speaker 6: I kind of I kind of had that lady feeling of like I put myself in this situation because I made a joke.
Speaker 3: It was a joke.
Speaker 2: It was a joke. Did you say before you told him?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: By the way, what I'm about to tell you as a joke.
Speaker 3: Oh, It's always fun to be with someone that you have to establish what is a joke and what isn't every time you talk.
Speaker 6: I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt because I don't know, Texting is hard, and like maybe it was just interpreted. You know, We've been getting along as we've been talking, you know, online, and I just figured it might as well be worth it to take the shot. We had our food back there, and it seemed like it was kind of fun at first, but the vibe just changed like drastically once the movie started.
Speaker 3: What do you mean once Finding Nemo came on?
Speaker 2: Is that what it was.
Speaker 6: I definitely will remember that it's called finding Nemo, because that was one of the big issues that he kept coming back to. He was getting like super agitated by the storyline. He was agitated, oh, to a point where he was like changing color in his face, like why can't they find that damn fish? And like that.
Speaker 2: Where the hell is it?
Speaker 1: We need to get a private investigator on this because is taken too long?
Speaker 3: Was that a joke that I mean, maybe you guys just don't understanding type each other's type of humor, right.
Speaker 6: And listen, And when I say I'm lone maintenance, I mean like I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm not holding a lot of judgment. But this guy would not let this go. He's just he was getting heated and like he's over there ranting and raving about how it should be called losing Nemo and but but the thing is that was weird. But he turned off the TV and then he suggested that I could help him find the real Nemo in the back seat, and I just, well.
Speaker 3: Is that like he's like, I've hid in a fish?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Was he like it was it a sex is that what?
Speaker 6: I don't know. It just went from like a little awkward first date misunderstandings to like really creepy, really fast. That kind of sealed the deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there's been a lot of misunderstandings happening this entire I don't know, there's a lot of misunderstandings, and maybe we should actually give Eddie a chance to explain himself, because Melanie, he's actually on the other line listening right now and he wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, he's like on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he needed to hear that to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie there, yep, right here?
Speaker 3: Are you dying of embarrassment? Eddie?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, there's a lot of emotions in that movie.
Speaker 4: You know. It just turned me on?
Speaker 6: Wait what wait?
Speaker 3: What turns on?
Speaker 4: There's just so much emotion. I mean, how can I not be turned on?
Speaker 5: You know? Look, as a guy, it's hard to be smooth and funny and not get judged. And you know what I feel, judge right now?
Speaker 1: You were smooth or funny, though you're saying that you were like using a pickup line on her with you want to find Nemo in the back seat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, trying to be smooth, trying to be funny.
Speaker 2: Look, I.
Speaker 1: Can identify with that that sometimes it's hard to think of the smooth line in the middle of the date, especially when you have a Disney movie on Golden rule.
Speaker 3: Just stay away from using Disney and sexual windows in the same sentence.
Speaker 2: There's a way that it can be.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: I have the star that you can wish upon.
Speaker 3: Don't you, tinker Bell.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to help our listener here.
Speaker 5: Somehow, I think I think I think maybe we were just miscommunicating.
Speaker 4: You know what, how about we do a redo.
Speaker 5: We can do a reo, and I promise you if we watch a movie like Finding Dory that does nothing for me, you know, so.
Speaker 2: I hope that Frish stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so stupiderous fan, Okay.
Speaker 2: Melanie, I mean, how to hearing all that make you feel?
Speaker 6: I think I am just not the right fish in your sea.
Speaker 1: Ni's it works when you're shutting somebody.
Speaker 4: Down, Are you sure? Because there's not a lot of fish like me.
Speaker 2: It was pretty rare. I feel maybe aren't there like a ton of the melodies.
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you, you're you're a pretty common fish, my friend.
Speaker 3: I think you got the clown fish right. Yeah? Is that what you're feeling like, Eddie? Are you doing okay? You learn anything here?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe she was taking it the wrong way, but I felt like I was being pretty romantic.
Speaker 3: Boy boy, she says, Oh, boy boy.
Speaker 1: Definitely lesson learned, though, Eddie. If you do exactly what the woman says, she'll eventually hate you.
Speaker 2: That is exactly a lesson.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I learned.
Speaker 3: That's why we're never going to get anywhere, Jess, So we're getting everywhere?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I am sorry this didn't work out for you, Eddie, but I think there is some girl out there who is going to be willing to help you find your NEMO.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In the meantime, stick to your toy story.
Speaker 2: That's not appropriate. Looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I can't say I'm surprised that that second date update didn't work out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think, jeff I know, I mean, I know you tried to stick up for Eddie, but it got harder and harder, didn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it did.
Speaker 1: I can't be honest and say I actually wanted to stick up for him in the first place, but part of my job is trying to come through for the listeners.
Speaker 2: You were the only ones sticking up.
Speaker 3: I was like, can sometimes just the goal be to everyone learned a lesson here?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think Eddie is an NPR bro. I just I'm just really concerned about Eddie.
Speaker 1: Let's just imagine, though, for a second, that it actually worked out between those two. How cute would it have been at their wedding for them to say we conceived a child.
Speaker 2: In the back seat because he told me to find Nemo and I did. I found him.
Speaker 3: It would have been one of those weddings where the bride would go up to the maid of honor and say, don't mention anything about how we really met.
Speaker 2: Didn't tell my grandma. Okay, let's skip the Nemo apart. But we did meet in the back of the I'm just saying missed an opportunity today. But if you don't want to miss out on.
Speaker 1: An opportunity, make sure you're emailing the show so we can call the person who isn't calling you back. Also, check out all our second dates up online at brook and
Speaker 5: Jeffrey brook and Jeffrey in the morning,