Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trendlemania for twenty. It's actually it wasn't for twenty. That's just a funny number of miles. It was Trendlemania, otherwise known as WrestleMania forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I only know because I'm I'm as old as WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right? And it's an event. It's not like UFC where they just like, yeah, every couple of weekends, there's another one.
Speaker 2: No, I've been to one WrestleMania, WrestleMania fourteen.
Speaker 1: Well I am Jack. That over there is Miles and we are thrilled to be joined by super producer Ian Johnson in the house, who, as we were about to start, mentioned that this year's WrestleMania was one of one of the great, one of the great wrestles Mania that has happened.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: What happened? Okay, so three words describe wrestling.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the full little spiel. So depending on how far back we want to go. You know Cody Rhodes, son of the late great Dusty Rhoads, who's one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. You know he left WWE, and I believe twenty seventeen, came back two years ago. Everybody was hyped he had they like lined him up for a huge run. He got injured, so he had to take like nine months off like a real real world He got her really tourist nasty.
Speaker 2: I did that too, dude, just I get that shit due tenures.
Speaker 4: I shred my pecks every day he was.
Speaker 3: He missed like nine months and then he came back for Royal Rumble last year. One Royal Rumble. As you know, winner of the Royal Rumble gets championship match at WrestleMania, So that was the big story. You know, He's like didn't finish the story for his dad because his dad never won a championship in WW, so he wanted to do it for Dusty. Get to WrestleMania last year against Roman Reigns, who's been champions since like twenty nineteen, historic run loses. Everybody was pissed because they wanted Cody to win.
Speaker 1: But you know, oh, Roman Rains beat him last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he obviously Roman sheets he's a heel.
Speaker 2: He didn't win clean.
Speaker 3: So then that was the build up for the whole next year. Cody won the Royal Rumble again this year, so he challenged Roman again at WrestleMania. But then this is where the Rock came back. Because the Rock and Roman are cousins, people have been like wanting a Rock versus Roman fight for also a year, so the Rock comes back. Cody is like, you know what, I'll let you fight Roman at WrestleMania, and in the moment, everybody was like, oh, this is sick, but the reaction on social media was actually like horrible. People were pissed because they wanted Cody to have his moment.
Speaker 1: Sure, the real wrestling heads exactly so. And also the Rock just criticized social media by calling out woke culture and I applaud him. Really, you know this guy say that on Mike. He gets it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, baby, you know. But so they smartly pivoted and realized, oh, okay, like people really want this Cody Roman fight, so they pivoted, which is really good storytelling. They turned Rock and he went full heel mode. He became the bad guy, joined Roman reigns. So now it's Cody versus Rock and Roman. It was just masterful storytelling. They we were back to like almost attitude air levels. The Rock is dropping f bombs on TV. There's blood on USA, like they haven't done blood on like a non pay per view event and forever. So we're like it's good, We're back. This is like peak and it just culminated at like an incredible, incredible main event Sunday Night where Cody spoiler alert defeated Roman Reigns. He ended his like The Rock wrestled against Cody tagging with Roman Saturday Night, which like set the stipulation for Sunday's match.
Speaker 1: So there were some stipulations.
Speaker 3: It was like Bloodline rules for Sunday, which meant like Roman could do whatever he wanted basically, so like his whole faction came out and fucked with Cody The Rock came out. But then all the it was like Avengers Endgame, like all the portals are opening up. So then like John Cena came out to help CODYO came out to help Cody, and then you know Cody Bear came from the dead, Yeah, and he beat Roman Reigns damn finally win this championship in w W.
Speaker 1: He damn for Dusty.
Speaker 3: It was just like masterful storytelling. I'm obviously giving you like the very abridged cliff Notes version of like.
Speaker 2: Two years the Bridge version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was masterful, masterful, masters and the rock did a whole ass. He'll turn in reality too. Going on Fox News with Michael Dougla's fun down.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a method dude, methods.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, I'm gonna be a bad guy everywhere now, amazing. Well, thank you, super producer. Ian. Of course, of.
Speaker 2: Course I have something to talk about with my step son. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I've already got the sna jorts on, you know that, just to try and like kind of make him think that I'm cool, the Sena Geene shorts that like go down to my calves. All right, Miles, let's get into the eclipse. Happened yesterday and we're still here. We're still here. We survived it. I looked upon it through my eclipse glasses.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I gave I gave a couple of cheeky, cheeky no looks.
Speaker 1: Just a quick one. You took a cheeky glance, cheeky glance. You were apparently not the only one. It turns out a lot of people just raw dogged the eclipse with their eyeballs. This is according to Google search data, because they like along the path of totality, there were tons of cirt. There was a huge uptick in searches for things like why do my eyes hurt? And my eyes hurt?
Speaker 2: I love just treating Google like your fucking your mom or a kindergarten teacher. Yeah, Google, my eyes hurt, okay. And was it because of the clips? Hopefully not?
Speaker 4: Or Kenny clips hurt my eyes?
Speaker 1: That was another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kenny clips hurt my eyes. And it wasn't. It wasn't just the all the searches weren't just coming from North Hollywood, California, from one stupid guy who kept looking up me. It was actually I love how it just mapped like the path of like the part where you absolutely should not be looking at it. They're like, might have to, might have to do a quick glance here, and then it's why my eye hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're in better shape, noted the path of totality, because it is still burn like, it'll still hurt your eyes to look at it. The problem with the path of totality is you feel like you can look at it and then your eyes get burnt. Or, as one search trend said, quote eyes hurt after looking at the eclipse question mark so normal? This normal? But yeah, unless you have presidential ocular immunity like Trump in twenty seventeen, you are not supposed to stare directly at the sun during an eclipse.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, and I knew that.
Speaker 2: I knew that. I knew that, and I didn't look for me chose to take the risk people have asked. I didn't look for more than like maybe a third of a second. I literally just try to be like.
Speaker 1: Which I'm done. It's to the regular son, like I've done to the regular son, you know, give it a quick little yeah up there, like oh oh I can't, Oh I can't.
Speaker 2: Mom. If I got a sneeze on a knife's edge, that's when I hit That's when I do it. I give it because I'm you know, I got a little photo sensitivity.
Speaker 4: When I do that at you, when do you have to sneeze on a nice edge.
Speaker 2: Like you know you can kind of like, oh man, I can feel the sneeze coming on and it ain't coming, then you gotta Then I just give it a quick sung glance.
Speaker 1: I'm like Arah, Okay, I gotta gotta get it, yeah, just just like get it out before you like walk into a quiet room.
Speaker 2: Or something like that, before I deliver a eulogy. Yeah, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Other eclipse stories. First of all, like some of the mainstream media, like these are some of the I think it was wired. There was some aggregation of like the best photographs from the eclipse. There. There was some really cool footage from like Dallas. I feel like I saw where it just the they just turned the sun off down there. It just.
Speaker 2: Was gonna come back.
Speaker 1: It was really spooky. Yeah, And like the video footage was really cool. But then like these aggregators of like best eclipse photographs, maybe like photographs aren't the best media for capturing the eclipse, because this one collection that I saw I Think it was wired, was just photo after photo of only the Sun's identical over and over us, just like, yo, what is no way? Yeah this looks exactly the same every single time. But anyways, some cool pictures. I shout out to the people who you know, took videos and shared the path of totality with us. That was all my kids school let them do, was just like watch videos of it because they didn't want their ass out there looking directly at the sun, so they just watched it on YouTube. I guess a bunch of people got engaged mid flight on one of those Delta eclipse passing. Oh yeah, those Delta eclipse flights.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple took off from Austin on Monday to witness a total solar eclipse from thirty thousand feet in the air. Landed in Detroit, happily engaged.
Speaker 2: Ah that's cute. Happy, Good for you and your path of totality. Flighty many many happy.
Speaker 1: Returns to you. Cincinnati, there was like a mass wedding, all right, hippies you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that spaghetti.
Speaker 1: All right. Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and take through a bunch of other things that are trending.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, baby.
Speaker 1: And twenty five million is trending. There's a couple of numbers trending twenty five million.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're doing five million. Yeah, here's some numbers. By the numbers, real quick. Twenty five million. What's that?
Speaker 4: Do you think that means?
Speaker 1: That's the amount of money that Biden is hoping to or no, that's the amount of people who's Biden's hoping to forgive?
Speaker 4: Is that? Do I have that right?
Speaker 2: Miles? I think you got it right, man, And we're never wrong about this stuff.
Speaker 4: Who's this guy, Bernie fucking Sanders?
Speaker 2: Who is this guy? Who is he running for a re election or something? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: And I guess yeah, like perfect, yeah, great, I love that forgiveness. I hope it is able to happen, because, as we know, the sort of ebb and flow of this is like, yeah, we're going for it till someone sues and then well we'll see, then we'll see.
Speaker 1: It's nice when the people empowers like transform into like rich divorced dad who's like, how about I buy you a trip to Disneyland here, kiddo, right because they need our support. So yeah, I mean that, on one hand, that is democracy working.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly where it's like, okay, I need the people to like me. What do they want? I will do that. Okay. Now apply that same logic to many other policies that people are screaming about, and some are actually resigning from your state apartment, gos. So yeah, this one is like, you know, looking at all kinds of things like up to twenty thousand dollars of a crude interest could be forgiven. There's just automatic loan discharge for forgiveness eligible borrowers, for long term borrowers. It's a pretty robust effort. Yeah, so hopefully this can go through and it's not just to be like, oh man, we fucking wanted to dude. Then there was an exeal and.
Speaker 1: This will be challenged in court. Like all the timelines that are being mentioned where it goes into effect before the election are almost certainly purely theoretical because the Supreme Court's last ruling on this basically said that student debt relief would have to come from Congress, and that probably isn't happening. So there's going to be a legal battle. But good that he continues to put pressure on this policy. Yeah, and hopefully it's not calculated and purely symbolic gesture at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, okay, because there's a lot of pump faking that as we know that politicians like to do. And then you're like, oh no, but I pumped though, Yeah, I could have shot it.
Speaker 1: I didn't, right. Elizabeth Warren is talking about genocide, Yes, saying that legally, she thinks the actions of the Israeli military and the Israeli government are do qualify for genocide and will be legally found to fit the description of genocide by the International Court of Justice.
Speaker 2: Someone asked at a like a town hall meeting it was I think it was at the Islamic Center of Boston, and one of the people might imagine like a constituent or someone who is there specifically, was like, Okay, the ICJ. You're like, you think it's plausible Israel has committed active genocide, And then she's like, quote, if you want to do it as an application of law, I believe that they'll find that it is genocide and they have ample evidence to do so.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's pretty unequivocal from somebody who's first response to this was I'm fully behind whatever they do. But we're starting to see a lot of people peel off now, and I'm we will see where that ends up, and I hoping that as soon as possible. Obviously, this is this end. This is some kind of end to the hostilities, But as it stands, I think right now there's some there's still back and forth between Hamas and as they describe but very stubborn Israel, because, as Mos puts it, they're like they anything we put forth, they just out of hand reject. So it doesn't feel quite like a negotiation. But again, this is how these kinds of things work. I know nothing about diplomacy, but I'm glad to see that a senator is able to look at the situation there and be like, yeah, that's bad, and yeah, that that might meet the legal definition of genocide. I'm smart enough to make that observation.
Speaker 1: Again, it does seem like democracy working, where the public pressure and the public opinion on this subject has made it so that people can actually be like, yeah, that is really uh genocide, that's fun.
Speaker 2: That looks bad. Yeah, yeah, looks bad. I wasn't sure how to move based on I had to look at polling first. You have to forgive me. But okay, okay, it looks like it's safe to say the truth out love.
Speaker 1: We do have an opinion from an AMC executive who you know, I'll just read the quote. We continue to learn and evolve, Miles. We would have never imagined the dune thing. We would have never created it knowing it would be celebrated or mocked. It came out the Dune thing about the overwhelming response to the Sam Warm.
Speaker 4: Bucket, which the fuck bucket the fuck buy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, with the soft tendrils driving people to go crazy with demand for shy Lussie shaped vessels.
Speaker 2: Oh my god man. Yeah, it's just like it's fun. Need to see that. Like that, the the evolution of like a corporate idea. Then the Internet gets does their or their like pervert thing and they're like.
Speaker 4: God, guys, guys, what's not Grimace?
Speaker 2: Come, it's not Grimas. But I don't know. I mean, y'all are fucking with it. So I guess maybe canonically it is if it helps sell things. And now they're like, oh god, I wonder what the next thing they're gonna do. It's like everything just can't I don't know. I fine, don't make the Dune fuck bucket anymore. But honestly, I think you did a good job with it, AMC.
Speaker 1: Who cares if people and the you know, shy Helosi shaped mouth just to accept it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. Yeah. Producer Bab puts it very equently. Quote but the bucket was so obvious, Yeah, to anybody who's ever seen a sex toy, that's meant to be penetrated. You're like, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a that's like a fleshlight with a bucket on the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So ill will be interesting to see if people. I guess this one was pretty obvious. Grimace shake. There's not much people could do. We did that, They did that, We did cause that, and I do blame us and less McDonald's. McDonald's couldn't have although the fact that it's purple and he's purple and.
Speaker 2: It's McDonald's doesn't have the balls. They say that it's grimace.
Speaker 1: Come all right, thank you. Eighteen point seven million figure of the day, eighteen point seven million.
Speaker 2: Yep, my proposed salary. Yeah, I'm asking for next year. We'll see what happens. I don't say it's fair, but yeah. This is actually the number of people who tuned in to watch the women's NCAA College Basketball Championship game between Iowa and South Carolina. Apparently this was This is like the most watched sporting event, not including football or the Olympics, I think, which is fair since the NCAA Men's Championship between Virginia and Texas Tech in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: So it's prettyep the most watched basketball game in five years.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean it's wild though too. You got it, like you, My heart goes out to South Carolina because all the cover like there were a few headlines that were like just centering Caitlyn Clark and you know, I get it. That was her last stab at getting it. But like also South Carolina went undefeated the whole fucking season. Yeah, like that's no, that's no easy feat. Like only ten or nine other teams have done that.
Speaker 1: And speak for yourself, man, oh it's easy. But yeah, I mean we got undefeated. We get two hundred episodes of the show Undefeated.
Speaker 2: What was that one I said I could do that Luca Luca did in that the hooks hook. Yeah, I could do that. Shiit same arrogance. Yeah I could do that. Shit fine, I could hit I could hit a left handed hook. Just give me for like three hundred try. But yeah, but this is you know, like rightfully, you know, Caitlyn Clark got a lot of interest in like women's basketball college.
Speaker 1: Clark is the reason that this was so popular, I think.
Speaker 2: For sure, for sure, but I just feel abad like the team that actually wins and does also something remarkable. Like the reason they won too, is like Caitlin Clark was basically the whole Iowa team and South Carolina was way deeper. You know, they have a lot of fucking options, so you know, shout out to them, shout out to don Staley. And I think that's her third title. That she's one.
Speaker 1: Third title, first time undefeated. Pretty wild. Yeah, yeah, it was a It was a hell of a run for just basketball in general, like a really cool like the whole women's tournament was a really cool event for basketball fans. I think.
Speaker 2: Well, and it was full of like revenge plots too, like LSU knocked out Iowa last year and then this year, Iowa knocked out LSU and then Iowa knocked out South Carolina and then this year South Carolina is not going to ie. It's like just there was a great, great back and forth. The real question now remains whether or not she is going to be headed to the draft, But I think she is.
Speaker 1: Clark, Oh, she's definitely, Yeah, She's definitely going.
Speaker 2: She said she was. Yeah. I remember it was like is she going to take that big check from the Big three or And I'm like no, no, I'm sure. First I compete.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, I guess that one is also uh an option, right that she goes to the Big Three.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I think that's the thing is you you want to go and compete with the other people who are the best in the sport, regardless of because I'm sure Kaitlyn Clark will be have many many opportunities to make money. That is, if just from the league maximum, which is like I think only like a two something two hundred something thousand, which is wild. Yeah, and hopefully this will bring in more, you know, more revenue to the league and people can get paid like an actual good salary for being the best at what they do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd be interested. The question that's been on my mind is when is whether don Staley goes to the w NBA, because it's like, you know, she's had an incredible run at South Carolina. But now I think the interest is going to turn up on the WNBA now that Caitlin Clark is going there, and you know, after probably after next season, Juji Watkins is going there, if not this season, I actually don't know what her decision is there, but like there's a ton of really great players that are going to be joining the league pretty soon.
Speaker 2: And I think you meant like Dancti is like, yo, you know I'm suiting back up.
Speaker 1: She she was like a top pick, wasn't she. Yeah, you can do it, you can do all right. Those are so this has been a sports episode. We got wrestling, we got women's college hoops. That are a list of some things that are trending. That our list. We are back tomorrow with a whole lest episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine built, stare at the sun with your bare eyes, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite Bite,