Speaker 1: In today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we talk about the biggest hit we took in our career and Fred, you played against some good football players. There's indeed, we got the Jets preview. Will Aaron Rodgers play? Will he won't? He will find out? Stay tuned we'll talk about that. We got we got Commanders Advantages Christmas edition. It is always a lot of fun. Who's Rudolf the head Elf, Frosty the Snowman, and Santa himself the man in the big red suit. And then we got Christmas Movie draft. There's a lot of controversy here, guys. Is this a Christmas movie? Is it not? Find out? Stay tuned for.
Speaker 2: That's right home.
Speaker 1: Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Santana Moss and bred Smoot and we were having an interesting conversation right before the show started. Toughest running back you ever had a tackle from this?
Speaker 3: Adrian Peterson a monster had a gallop to him. I always goes got to say, Brandon Jacobs, which a monster to bring down?
Speaker 1: I wonder if anybody were i'mber see that is like still, I mean it's sure the old head Zo, but like the young.
Speaker 4: Like you got it. His son is like eighth grade.
Speaker 5: These young kids don't know nobody about it. They don't know nothing about Brandon Jacobs.
Speaker 1: But he was he was too.
Speaker 3: Sixty five two eighty three. He ballooned three hundred in the winter.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying like he was.
Speaker 2: Out with all the rings before the guy with the rings. You know what I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most definitely because.
Speaker 2: He was making us disciplined. That was hurting people. No, no, he was.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna tell you another was Jerome Betties. You told this because his body was so bad.
Speaker 6: Because you know most anthletes they put together tight waist, just built and Jerome just walking that thing like he just left McDonald because he was built so bad.
Speaker 4: He was built like Jason approducer.
Speaker 1: And he was built why Jason that straight right now?
Speaker 2: So it was nowhere to grab it.
Speaker 3: Like you couldn't grab his waistline because he had no waistline. You couldn't grab his leg like it was just nothing there. One play he ran me over. I started only on the ground.
Speaker 2: He picked me up and ringing.
Speaker 4: Me over again.
Speaker 5: No, No, he looks he looks good now like he was like you know, running backs go one way out of other.
Speaker 2: He the running backs get.
Speaker 1: Real fat, dude, Because I like, I went to college with re Shows Drew bound some Reshows Drew.
Speaker 2: I would never see him that. I didn't think he'd beat this.
Speaker 1: So let me tell you some Drew in college. Wait two o five and he's like five six, But I'm talking this dude looks like a body builder. Like he takes his shirt off, abs his he had to get special pants to fit his thighs, and so he went to he went to Jacksonville his rookie year. Comes back. This dude's two fifteen and even more like rocked up. So I'm like, like, he's like, what were you doing? He's like, I just went to McDonald's like every day. Three three, three squares, And I was like, some people just got the genetics for it, you know with a chick. But right now three did you did you ever have to tackle him?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Had you know what got mad at me?
Speaker 3: We played him in the preseason tellor and you know we get our quarter in played my last last game of the last game. So he comes out and they tossed him a ball and I cut it lun more lowho the ground, so he gets uping what you doing.
Speaker 2: It's the preseason, dude, It's only one way to keep your job for me to do my job.
Speaker 4: So we got into it that whole year that we end up running TV in the off season.
Speaker 5: Like man, I apologize, but I think he played him that year two in the regular season.
Speaker 2: But he didn't even he didn't play the first couple of.
Speaker 1: Games in that season. Oh really, yeah, because you got a star.
Speaker 4: No, I got him right on the side of his knee. I apologize.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he was pretty upset about that. Did uh? And then did you ever like tackle like Mike All Star anymore? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, Mike Allstar? Did my homeboy Shun springs so bad? Like Mike all Start, ran Shun over so bad. He knocked him to nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 4: He ran him over so bad. I said, I was like, please get up.
Speaker 3: It was one of those like it's on Mike Stock, I mean All Stars like highlight Man. Because Sean went into the hole. They ran like a power bob.
Speaker 4: But they were so slow too. It was so like.
Speaker 2: I remember vividly because.
Speaker 4: I'm on all the side, like no watch out.
Speaker 2: I was like, if you going in that hole.
Speaker 5: You better meet, you better be your fee, better be off the ground. And you going in with a with a with a with an arm club or a shoulder. And he went in that thing and Lord won me and tried to catch you.
Speaker 2: Go, oh my god, Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: It was running back that was. That was the generation of running backs, just like a Fred Taylor. They much love as most people.
Speaker 2: Just hard to hit.
Speaker 3: Then you'll come up and I got to play t kid, and then I had to play Emmitt Smith.
Speaker 1: Then you have to play some dude.
Speaker 4: I do believe me.
Speaker 3: And Towner's generation we maybe made it into the golden age of the NFL because we played. I got to play against the bench wide receiver they would do it in Jerry Rice. And then I'm also got to play with the new school guys, with the Calvin Johnson's world and all this. So I think it's a golden age. Think about it.
Speaker 4: I played against the best wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Are you watching Jason's lasting over there? Because run over the best.
Speaker 4: Receive all time.
Speaker 3: I played against Tom Brady, the best quarterback all time, Barry Sanders the best running back of all time, so hey grunk, the best tight end of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you got Calvin Johnson. True, yes, it's so clean.
Speaker 2: It was like, why was you why did you come in?
Speaker 4: First of all, he needs to keep going.
Speaker 1: You need to keep going into the But it's like it's sometimes you'll see one of those hits where it's just like the running back doesn't even break stride, yes, and you're just like, what was the defensive player doing right there?
Speaker 2: Just trying to like to even go with that side of your body.
Speaker 1: He went down.
Speaker 2: See perfectly, I just drapped. I knew what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: So where'd you find this, Jason? You just googled sewn springs getting smoked or what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mike All starts throwing springs. It's the first one that comes back.
Speaker 2: So yeah, check that out. Listen, man, what is that playoff game we played them to play?
Speaker 4: That was the first game, the first one you played them before that?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was so many bags and even you're talking about the receivers and yeah, man, you play against ley Own.
Speaker 5: You played against the top three weeks, even though you played top four five because you want to. You played against Jared, played against Randy, You played off t ol against Marmy had played against mostly.
Speaker 3: I got II, Brucevitorio, you play got mostly everybody you could possibly play against in the generation.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw Yeah, I'll look at that. I was just like, come on, so I got We keep this short, but we talked about running backs. Was there a dB or a linebacker that they give you some smoke that you like, Oh, I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Like like hard head drive dalkers, No, so bron dalks. I just I'm so fast, bro.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not saying it, just to say it.
Speaker 5: Like when he did hit me, he got up and said this little thing. I'm like, okay, like that's what they were talking about. But the only person I got hit by like that could have could have like honestly took me out with two people, Cam Chancellor and Ray Lewis.
Speaker 2: And when Ray hit me, he was mad and I ain't go down. Caam I did. I did the damn scorpion, did you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: I was like so like all the way back, like I went back with it. That was the first game back after my broke hand in.
Speaker 2: Two thousand eleven, when we went out to Seattle.
Speaker 5: Then when I was going to be fighting Sherman, that ya going back and forth. Then when the ball I ran the corner oute I forgot. I forgot the concept I was. I was in the slot.
Speaker 2: I ran the corner and the ball was thrown.
Speaker 5: I turned and it was behind and I just see Cam Chancellor face mask and planted into my face and like it made me mad because I'm like, here, I am trying to reach back for a ball.
Speaker 2: Well, normally I usually just stop him by the way I was trying to.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just getting this the first game back, so my body, my everything is kind of off.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, I'm just out here.
Speaker 5: I'm a couple of pounds heavier too, because you know, I was already heavy then. And then I set out for four weeks. Bro, And I tell you I heard the Scorpion people. I saw it on America's Funny video. And then people be skateboarding, they falling.
Speaker 2: I went back.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine that.
Speaker 2: Imagine instantly yeah.
Speaker 1: And your back.
Speaker 2: I'm like okay, and my dieing when my head ever hitting the ground.
Speaker 3: And then my feet touched in my head, I'm like, I'm like, I'm like, oh, I get up.
Speaker 2: And Cam just in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was so bad.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you know, the first thing I said for that one nothing, And here.
Speaker 1: I gotta go to.
Speaker 2: Everybody talking to me.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm like, boy, I don't know tap out right now, I'm gonna keep playing.
Speaker 2: I kept playing, but boy, I understand what about you?
Speaker 4: Who hot liddies?
Speaker 1: So I got I've been hit by cam Chancer. I got hit by Ray Lewis and I'm like a big guy, so like it hurt, but it wasn't like nothing crazy. The one of the the hardest one is I got I told you then in my face mask on a block, I told you that story.
Speaker 4: Well you still so.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I was blocking this guy named uh Waddle and his whole technique was like I'm gonna jump up with two feet and then like take the top of my head and jump into your face like Eric Eric Waddle. Yeah, is that his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no no, no, it's not Eric Waddle, He's Walden Is his name Eric Waldenbacker. Yeah? And so I remember coming out of the game and like like you know, like you get used to your face mask, right, and I had a big old face mask, and so it was hard to dat that sucker, and I was like, why is this like? And I thought it was scrat and he basically just from setting edges. You dead in my face mask. I came out the game and I had to get him change my face mask out.
Speaker 4: You ain't break your nose at because you know you broke your nose like.
Speaker 1: No, no, but that was the game. I almost kind of fight with them. It was I wouldn't I went to tottoe with that guy.
Speaker 2: He actually pushed your button. You ain't like that? Yeah, then my face man that you can keep punking me over.
Speaker 1: Because because you know, this is a funny story when it when you did a face mask, it takes to to tangle tango, you know what I'm saying. So he's got he's got to bring it and I got to bring it. And I've done it twice in my career, and so you really got to make sure your mouth piece is in and probably lost a couple of brain cells doing that.
Speaker 3: But you know, no kitch where you're going full kitch and somebody just take Carolina.
Speaker 1: I got smoked. So like Robert Griffin when we're playing Carolina after the by right before the bye in twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean twelve.
Speaker 1: Went across the middle. I didn't even know who this dude was. And he put me out there like the bender on a seam. He put me out, bro. Like it was like I knew I was gonna get smoked because I was fully extended, and he came and right in my stomach his helmet well boom, like you know that one where like all the windows out of you. I remember hit me so hard. I caught it and I was on the ground and I was like I couldn't talk, but I was just like I'm down, you know, Like I was like, I'm down, and I got up and I walked off, but I couldn't breathe like like you know, like had no air in my lungs because he you know, like Robert would do.
Speaker 5: The only other town I had the brain is up because it is it. I'm one of those guys. I care less.
Speaker 2: Man. You caught me, you quit me, Bro.
Speaker 5: It's funny to me because it was funny dead too, because I'm like, out of all games, it's gonna happen. So I'm in a Pro Bowl bro, only Bro, No, I'm on punt return, you know better but guess what in the Pro Bowl, You're like, boy, by getting one, I'm gone, yeah, I'm out. I don't hit the outside, and all I see, I got a big dog, I got a big new blocking So I'm like, oh man, I'm finna go. And I took that like you know how like when you say, all right, I'm not I don't care about.
Speaker 2: Their angles because I'm catch me.
Speaker 5: Wrong for the world right now, and I want to just do this like I'm finna pass the I'm gonna pass my line making I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm fina just go hit run around him.
Speaker 5: I did this, and when I got ready to like take that next step, it was like a.
Speaker 2: Sorry really boom, and I'm on the ground. I'm knocked out, but I'm I hear everybody, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Reaching for the ball because i know I'm at the bar, so I'm like, hey, hey, so so they like t get the bos So everybody like get the ball, get the ball in the ball. So I'm like, so now it gets up, you know that going to show you I done been hit like that before. I'm like, damn, boy, you see that he knocked meeting And I kept saying it and Chad like, man, I'm miked up, and then I got some money.
Speaker 2: Guy, I'm miked up. Man, can't talk like that. I'm like, bro, he's not in the pro bo saying this in the probole.
Speaker 1: That's how it was so funny.
Speaker 4: It was so crazy.
Speaker 2: Like I thought about it.
Speaker 5: On the side, I stayed, I said, it ain't gonna put me back out there. Man, people getting hit like this in the Pro Bowl. But it's late in the game. Yeah, the game already probably almost over. And then I went back out there a couple of players and I told because Steve want coming out, Steve like, man, I'm finna get this. I'm gonna win the MVP. And I'm like, bro, it ain't that still, I'm gonna get out. What the guy name is? I can't think of his name right now. From from Arizona with the Dreads, Larry's for sure, Larry, Larry. Larry spant to go in for Steve at X and Steve want letting to me. I said, Larry, you're going for me?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm straight, I ain't going.
Speaker 5: No movement I had showing his career from l I tell you, it was like a torpedo, like he hit me so hard and I didn't see it coming, like I was too busy, like I'm I'm gonna jump this and it's just and I was boone when I just went on the sideline like they were like, tell you all right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, boy, I got not. I said, boy, that gonna be on with that, gonna be on the dog on his lady.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. Just a reminder we're about you buy bet three sixty five. At bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. Right now, New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up, deposit ten and choose between either first bet, first bet safety net offer. By placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting get offer in place a five a bet in place a bet of five or more and get one fifty in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. A Bet three sixty five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders, I was feeling like ten of there. I got a little fit of customer.
Speaker 4: Buy UCLA.
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one plus and physically located.
Speaker 1: I hope you mess this up responsibly.
Speaker 3: If you are someone who you know has a gambling problem, it won't help call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's oh, then we gotta do this thing. I don't know what this thing is. Is Washington Legends sweet experience? Yes, so Fred, you know what this.
Speaker 3: Is almost definitely. The package includes a visit from Alumnis. It's me Santana other Alumnis football Legends. We got command of Scars. We're gonna give away Beanie, We're gonna give away we got all kind of stuff were gonnaive away. We're gonna make it a full game experience, and you can get that by tuning in to Commander's dot com com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there another link to that or just commanders dot com check it out Commanders. That would be pretty cool. And that's on December thirty first against San Francisco, So that'll be a lot of fun, all right, And I think we should do that segment more often. That was I learned a lot about you guys. It was like a nice little stroll down memory laying about you know, I'd like.
Speaker 3: To talk about this good stuff they did, they would like to talk about when we go through Babe.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's so important to remember, like everyone gets got you know how.
Speaker 2: Like NFL will humble you. I was a football player.
Speaker 5: If you don't get hit once or twice in your life, that's the crazy part about it. And I'm proud to say that because being a receiver, I would expect.
Speaker 2: More of those.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that, like I'm gonna have to use fred uh. Glad that the quarterbacks I had, even though a lot of them went all that, they didn't get me.
Speaker 3: He took a leak every game I have played with Himnie's he was one of them.
Speaker 2: He was just stayed in bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you gotta like be like, the more you watch football, the more you realize a receiver can help themselves out a little bit a little and there's sometimes you can, but a lot of times if you just position yourself on the right way.
Speaker 5: Like I'm I'm big on watching guys running with the football and I'm like, okay, you know when to stop, Like I'm not trying to break three tackles. If I broke that one, Okay, when I get a guy on my back, I'm gonna let my legs go numb because that's when you tear stuff, you know, when you pull stuff. So yeah, I mean I watched the game nine. I be looking at injuries more. I look at guys, you know, making good play.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I hate that hurt. Yeah he got hurt.
Speaker 5: How you saw him? Like, bro, I know, I know that. I know the way that guy came down on his leg. He's injured. It's no way he coming up and he's gonna walk regular.
Speaker 1: You know, ask you like where the hardest hits I took, And a lot of them were like on a wedge and stuff like that. You know. Teams made me think of it, like after the kickoff thing, and I was like.
Speaker 2: That was I took one.
Speaker 4: That's why it's out.
Speaker 2: To a guy.
Speaker 5: My first year kickoff return, did you you recover the kicker? So I returning kiss when I first got in the league. You know, I was a pump returning slash kick return. So man, I got a pull. A quad just came off my knee. For being in being in the dog on thing all year my rookie season. I pulled my aquad the second game. I'm playing that week, going into the second game, but you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna tell them. I told the people what I need to tell, so they had me taped up. But I only got four games after the season. I missed the whole season already. So I'm in the play and I'm in Oakland. They kicked me a ball and it's crazy. The guy who I ran into was one of my ex teammates in Miami, Andre Fletcher.
Speaker 2: I get the ball in mondre No. I'm a slasher. I run the dog on block over and him and I can't run. I'm just gonna go and I'm like, I'm gonna take it to them for they take.
Speaker 1: It to me.
Speaker 5: I ran straight and boom, I'm telling them about what you're doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't run, So I'm just I can't stop.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness. But yeah, so we should I think it should be a segment. We'll have to think of other things we can talk about, all right, So right now we're going to preview the New York Giants game and jet New York Christian in New York. In New York, that's right, and we're filming. We're recording this on Tuesday, so things can change. And our producer wants to talk about the likelihood of Aaron Rodgers playing in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like negative, Yeah, I don't think he's all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've talked to multiple physical therapists about this, like multiple and they're like, if he plays, he is out of his mind. So I think there's enough of that.
Speaker 4: But we will be at the game and maybe Taylor Swift will.
Speaker 2: Be there too. Who knows, why would Taylor Swift be there?
Speaker 4: Well, this seems to be the only thing to report it.
Speaker 1: In the game, So I think the main thing let's talk about with this with the Jets, seamons or offense is bad. Like we get a report from PFF on the iPad that we get and I went down there and I've never seen a category for an offense where it's thirty two in n exposive plays, thirty two in touchdowns, thirty two in first downs. They are the they're historically bad offensive.
Speaker 4: Is this how much this is na?
Speaker 1: Heck? I think I would think a lot. I mean, you're the I mean again, Zach Wilson's your quarterback. And when you watch Jack Wilson playing quarterback, he's not doing a good job. Like he had a good game two weeks ago where he looked like a guy. You're like, oh, man, maybe he's turning in a corner whatever, but he just doesn't see the field. Well, he's out of time, he's out of rhythm. Their offensive line is playing very poorly. They don't do a lot to elevate them. So I do think Nathaniel Hackett has some responsibility. He's the offensive coordinary to his product. But it's also you've got Zach Wilson playing quarterback and then whoever the third string guys Trevor city Simeon so very very bad offensively, but defensively, them boys.
Speaker 4: Oh they could play.
Speaker 3: They got the Williams brothers, all right, they playing well South. They got some of the best dbs. They got some of the best dbs. So you're gonna have to You won't just walk into New York and beat these guys. I think they just showed a couple of teams and meet some good teams. Anyway, Yes, they got deficiencies on allfense, but you know, if you can stop a team from scoring.
Speaker 2: You got a chance to win any game that you're playing in percent.
Speaker 1: And they're they're like the classic example of like defense defense, like keeping them in games and winning games for them, like they don't do like they scored zero points against Miami, and Miami is a good defense. But like it's they beat Houston thirty to six of like interceptions and stuff, you know what I mean. Like they are they're they're just really effective and they play a lot of man coverage. You guys mentioned sast Garter. They've got some other good football players. They've got an excellent middle level of the defense or linebackers are I think the kind of heart and soul the defense, So I say this, but the secondary is good. Is the defensive line. Man Quinn Williams Bay defensive line. They've got a bunch of dudes who could they like a hockey rotation.
Speaker 4: Quin Williams looked like the big, nice teddy bear that you see until you turn until you turn that film on, til you get a man. He's a monster.
Speaker 2: He moves me and it scares me.
Speaker 3: We have been weak in the inside and the quickest way to get to a quarterback is a gap and they got everything they need in the A and N B.
Speaker 5: Hey, how is it as a corner man when you know you have a guy like Quent Williams and you have a couple of other guys with him, Well, how easy does that make your job?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: It's just like I'm watching sautsuse. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect this guy to be that great. You see what I'm saying, great, not good? Like he was phenomenal last year his rookie year, and like this year kind of yeah, you know it's been here and there, you know what I mean. But it's still like when you watch him, even without those guys pressure, he really plays like you want to see every dB who playing play you.
Speaker 2: Know the thing.
Speaker 3: He do good job, but he marries his priss coverage to their rush. He understands down in distance, he understands how people gonna try to attack him.
Speaker 4: And I could tell you.
Speaker 3: He's a he's a film here got to be Yeah, he's a film head. But if I got a D line like that, backpeling is out of my is out of my repertoire. I'm not backing up because I know your quarterback got to get the ball out of his head.
Speaker 4: So what are you gonna beat me on a slint? I go, it's me only two options.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though, because like when you like, that's what I was expecting to, it's like, Oh, this defensive line is going to eat because they got some players. You got the they got Williams, they got Johnson from Florida State, and who was a top ten pick or not talked to a first round draft pick last year. They've got Bryce Huff who's excellent and pass rushing. They got Michael Clemens number seventy two, who's like this huge, hulking defensive vend who just compresses the hell out of pockets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they've got a bunch of guys who can rush the passer. But when you watch it, to me, it's the coverage elevating the rush. Oh you know what I'm saying, Like they're in tight coverage and so obviously Scardner, like Tennis talked about this, like he's so aggressive, he's so intuitive, like, and he does disrupt at the line of scrimmage enough. And then Reid is the other guy on the other side who does a great job in the back end of that group. And then the two linebackers. Mostly specifically, he's super instinctive.
Speaker 2: Mostly was in Baltimore, and so I think like.
Speaker 1: When you look at him, it feels like a little bit different version of the Dallas of Dallas' defense, right, instead of doing all this crazy line movement and stunts and Michael Parsons, It's like, we're gonna rush with these guys who are good pass rushers. We're gonna rush four on first and second down. We're gonna play a little bit of quarters, a little bit of three. And they play way more man than I thought, and they're really good at it, and they forced people and they force people in the mistakes.
Speaker 3: Basically, like you said, they are deep fens that can go win you games. They add the deep fens we thought we were gonna have in the year story.
Speaker 2: They deep.
Speaker 3: So this's why I say, Zach Wilson and not this is a dangerous team. If you think you just gonna walk in and get a victory, you're just not gonna do that.
Speaker 5: I think you gotta look at that first half of the season for them, when they was playing stood out to stir that quarterback, it was like turnovers.
Speaker 4: It was Jooglar.
Speaker 1: They beat Philly and the Bill, the defense beat.
Speaker 2: Them exactly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So it's like when you look at that, the first thing you think about, like, Hi, you know, we can sit here and say what we want to say. But if you're gonna if they're gonna turn our field on offensive and say, where can we attack these guys to slow them down or make them you know, you know, set do to some of the things we've seen them do already this year, turnovers in sacks, see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, if you have a defense that's.
Speaker 5: Already great on the outside, great in the inside, when it comes to the pressure.
Speaker 1: And they're they're playing together as a group, us how.
Speaker 3: They scheme up against it, They're gonna look at us and say, we're gonna stop the run and make them want we want them.
Speaker 4: They won't us throw the ball. They want us to be because the more we pay, the more turnovers we we we it.
Speaker 3: Happens they are turnover driven defense. To get the ball back, they're going to say, we're gonna put one more man in the box and we're gonna dare Sam to push the ball down the field, and we want him in their eyes, they want him to pass the ball forty times.
Speaker 1: See like for I think we'll do that. I think that's what he'd be shown he wants to do. But the thing is like if I'm if I'm I'm playing coverage and just feeling like try go for it, you know what I'm saying, Because.
Speaker 2: Like the one thing, we don't have.
Speaker 4: Our receivers.
Speaker 3: Even though Terry is I look at him as a fast guy, he ain't super, he ain't scary fast. So we don't have anybody that the corner is gonna say, you know what, I might need a little help with this.
Speaker 5: We do that, and I think we're starting to use him a little more Curtis ever since Curtzy came out off that injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been on a tear so.
Speaker 5: So I think that's the that's work right now, That's what we need to start leaning to these next few weeks.
Speaker 2: I won't be surprised.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say that last week we had we had a segment where we was talking about on our you know, pregame show going into the game, who was surprised? We never got to it. Who wants you to be surprised about if they have a good game and I had him on my list, like I was gonna say Curtis, because I feel like he's always been that that that piece of the puzzle that we felt like that was he would fit good with this offense. But we was trying to do so much early and then of lately we've gotten to him and then he had a little setback where he was out for a game or two, and then he got right back in and then he had a honey yard game. He's sport a touchdown and then you saw two touchdowns from the other day. So he's that piece, man, He's that piece of And that's another thing too, talking about going forward. Man, I'm keeping that dude because he can do so much for you wide receiver. He can mix it up. He's That's what I.
Speaker 4: Always wanted to see him return because he's an X week and.
Speaker 2: We asked him about it and he said he just didn't do it enough.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 5: I literally had me on the podcast Players Club and me and London asked him, like, hey, bro, check that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely please do every week. Bro. We asked, I'm like, man, you should be able to return. He's like no, he's scared.
Speaker 5: He's like man, I did kick return, but I never did part So I did part return one time just to like do it when I was young.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's like, nah, that's really But I was like, bro, you'll be good at if I say, if it fits the mode.
Speaker 5: And I told him, I said, I'm gonna tell you something and you won't believe it. I said, I never did put returns. I was forced to do it in college, like I was forced to be in college. Yeah, I've never ever touched the part return in high school, never in college. Coach is like, hey, you're going back there. I was like, no, I'm straight like, no, I'm not asking you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going back.
Speaker 4: You're going back there.
Speaker 5: And so I'm like, when you have a guy like him, you want somebody to force him in that position because he don't know what that could do for his career.
Speaker 3: That I'm saying, I want to coach the challenge here and say, dude, I need more from you, and I can't get more from you if you're not on special teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So, I mean I think back to the Jets defense, there's it's gonna be it's gonna be a problem, right, Like they're just playing I don't think they They don't have the best secondary in the NFL. They don't have the best team line in the NFL. But they play to get really well together, and they make a lot of problems. And then on third down. We'll talk about this in the We talk about this on the film Breakdown in Command Center, our our flagship program. They do a lot of stuff on third down. They're bringing pressures, they're bringing all out, they're dropping guys out, they're bringing zone pressures, and you know, like we, for whatever reason this year, have had a hard time identifying that stuff and getting the ball out where it's supposed to go. So I think they present a lot of challenges real quick, because there's not a lot to talk about. Let's talk about the Jets offense real quick. Just you know, they've got a receiver he's really good, Garrett Wilson, and he makes explosive plays. Brees Hall is a bawler, can make explosive plays a change.
Speaker 2: I mean they got that, yeah, yeah, that he is explosive.
Speaker 3: And then one day I seen about Breese Hall coming out with the injury. He still ain't in what you call his bitch shape.
Speaker 2: He's been doing it doing the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and so they got so obviously those are the two playmakers. They have a hard time with the quarterback getting the ball. Their offensive line has some names. Makai Beckton's playing better than he's played lake and Tomlinson is a guy they brought it in free agency, hasn't played up to the billing. Joe Tipman good center, right, but young, he's a rookie. And then they've got two guys who are banged up on the right side of the offensive line, and it's just been kind of a circular thing there. Conklin, he's a good little player, not super dynamic, But I think the reason I bring up the offensive line went through that. Obviously, when Elijah Varon Tucker and their starting groups out there, they're very, very talented. But that group's not out there right now. And so can our pass rush get right against an offense that holds the football not overly efficient on first down, they're gonna give you rush opportunities, which is something we've been calling for all year. It's going to be second and ten rush the passer, it's going to be third and ten rush the passer, and can we get pressure, can we be dynamic. Again, there are some players there, but I don't care how good you are. If I know that it's an obvious passing situ wuation, let's go hunt, let's go take advantage of of who's the quarterback again? Trevor Simmons, Trevor Trevor Simmons.
Speaker 2: Or thought Zach Wilson was he was?
Speaker 1: He was?
Speaker 2: He had a concussion, right.
Speaker 1: He got benched a couple of weeks ago, he started a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, came back and won a game, and then he can.
Speaker 1: Cook us so and again we record this on Tuesday, so we don't know what his status is. Usually the average return to return to play for concussions about fourteen days, which would put him the next week. But you know, crazier things you'll.
Speaker 5: Want to see more more than anything. I mean, you want to see exactly you want to see Trevor either one.
Speaker 1: I mean probably Trevor, Trevor Simon, Trevors Simon, Trevor Simeon, just because he's kind of.
Speaker 2: A dis Simmon was a little more better.
Speaker 5: I thought he was a slight agreement great up again, so I don't I don't know. I don't know either, So who was the guy last year when that was going going through he was he.
Speaker 8: Was Mike White, Hen Trevor, he was the third guy, right, It was that White and Sam right, yeah, and so White Mike White balled out.
Speaker 2: Last He's in Miami. The back and back up the two oh hes a backup of tur Yeah.
Speaker 4: So her right now and does all right?
Speaker 1: Just reminder we're brought to you by Bet three sixty five. At Bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an NFL early payout offer. Get your straight bets paid out or parlay selections marked as winner when your team goes up by seventeen points, regardless of whether the opponent comes back to win the game. Our NFL Early payout offer has hit over fifty two times this season. Use the QR code to sign up and see for yourself why it's never ordinary. A bet three six six 'y five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 5: Let's be twenty one and o though physically located in Virginia, please gamble res possibly and if you are someone you know has a gambling problem and once hip called one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 4: We sound like the creepy dude that when you watching late night TV.
Speaker 1: There's like murder mystery.
Speaker 5: By the way, he was in his heady waiting for the door to open.
Speaker 1: All right, So we got Commanders Advantages, which is always a fun segment to do, and we're gonna do it a little bit different today we've done in the past. All right, So we've got the Christmas edition. Obviously insert Christmas music here, and we're gonna do We got so Rudolph, who's gonna be the guiding light? Fred, you're gonna do that one? Okay, we can all comment, but friend's gonna do the main one. Okay, head out making the place man. Just get guys shield, Yes, Frosty, the Snowman gotta be cold.
Speaker 4: Come maybe a snowman.
Speaker 1: And then I get time. Whoa what is that? I don't get that.
Speaker 2: You know nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything. I don't know. Let's just say, jess A wrap, I know what just cheated on. You know what I'm saying is I thought he might have done a Christmas song.
Speaker 4: No, this is his name, the storeman.
Speaker 1: Jesus, his name is the Snowman. I did not know, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: The feeling. We were talking about baby something recreational and then Santa, who's gotta make the delivery? Yeah, bring the gifts, made the delivery. So we'll start off with Rudolph. Rudolph and this son of a gun over here, the.
Speaker 2: Red nose cornerback say, how guy like he has to be? He has to be the leader.
Speaker 3: We need Sam the red nose reindeer to get us through this storm.
Speaker 2: Win. And if we're gonna get through this storm, he's gonna have to light the.
Speaker 3: Room up like he gonna have to reinvigorate the fan base, because now you got the fan base fighting.
Speaker 2: Do we have the guy? Do we not have the guy?
Speaker 4: Do we have the guy?
Speaker 3: But if he Rudolph and he's gonna lead us through this storm, this is the perfect stage to do it.
Speaker 4: In New York Christmas Eve, make us believe again? Would you please do that?
Speaker 2: Mister Sam?
Speaker 1: How what do you think? Tennis? You like that one?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like it all right? So Tanna, you want to do the elf helf?
Speaker 2: Tell you I take it had elf.
Speaker 5: I want to lean defensively for us, but it's almost hard to pick somebody on the defense to be the head elf.
Speaker 1: So if I had to pick for this one, I would have said Cody Barton because Cody Barton has been getting everybody right. You can tell he's been studying that film. Like last week, we didn't talk about this in our review pod. He's like dropping under dig routes, he's forcing the quarterbacks to check it down. You can tell he's been studying film. They trying to get that screen out in the red zone. He's making the tackle, he's fitting runs right. He seemed like, since I get it, it kind of coincides with Ron in the play caller, So maybe Ron. But I think Cody's done a good job of kind of getting everybody on the same page. And you talk about we needed a communicator in the defense, and I feel like he's showing that he can be that guy. So I would say maybe him if you look.
Speaker 3: For somebody lost it, because I need him to be the hand because he going against him Bama, but the snowman.
Speaker 2: So you need more to just you need a lot of help like that too.
Speaker 5: I can blame both of those, but I think I will go with yeah, I mean, you took that one.
Speaker 2: Over, so yeah, stay with that.
Speaker 5: You want to go go Frost Snowman. Frostis snowman. What we know about frostis snowman cold? Who was he to Christmas? To everybody, to all us as as kids? Right when we want to we watched Frosty's Snowman. What did he do to some of us? He made me Crays a villain, bingo, you thought he was a villain.
Speaker 2: He really wanted he was a good guy.
Speaker 5: He was a good guy and Frost Snowman, I wanted him to say he made us emotionally, you know, I mean he made his emotionally.
Speaker 2: I mean because when when he melt it, we was like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Christmas, he's gone, you know, like all you see is his nose and the left I feel like that's you know, Terry, Okay, Frosty the Snowman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are emotionally attaching to emotion.
Speaker 2: Attached him and at times he is a cold dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he don't have to do it by no ra rad, He don't have to do it by being no guy in your face. He just does it. Yeah. And when I mean he does is he coming down with catches.
Speaker 5: That's fifty fifty man man catching fifty fifty balls since they named the fifty fifty ball back in the fifty Yeah.
Speaker 1: He ain't been around that long.
Speaker 2: He come down with it. He came out the womb catching fifty fifty balls.
Speaker 5: But the reason why I say he's frost with snow man to me because he's cold as ice. He's one of those guys, man, when you need the play to be made, he's the guy.
Speaker 2: He's the guy that's gonna go out there.
Speaker 5: And you know, we look at football players as these guys that's supposed to be mancho man, because that's how fans look at us. Oh he's they judges by a toughness, by how we look by our persona. And you look at Terry, Terry sometime wearing his little specks, he wearing his glasses. At times you're like, oh, he's a nerd. When he gets on that field, what he gets on that field, he's dark. So he's frosty snow mad at me, not because of how cold the years, but at times, yeah.
Speaker 2: When he's not there, you know he Oh, we're sad about that. Even he don't get one hundred yod he didn't.
Speaker 5: Win the game because you didn't allow Terry to be involved. Where was Terry? And we had a we had a sight Nhume this week, so he was back, Frosty was back.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I like that, and I liked that we took a little at different angle on there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm feel me into y'all feeling over that, all right, and then we're all gonna do Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: We're all going to kind of pick our guy. Who's gonna be Santa Claus, the guy who's got to deliver the big fella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all agree with you. You ain't gotta say it.
Speaker 4: I know I'm going with the run pain.
Speaker 6: Oh, because like Santa Claus, and he comes bearing gills.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is the run pain. I think we're seeing him move him around that.
Speaker 1: I hope they do that more. They only did it one time in last game, but I hope that's not.
Speaker 4: I think it unlocked something.
Speaker 1: Think about it, think about it. Do it one time? He had one sack that.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say the run pain because you know what, I can see him putting pressure on hisself because he just got paid, like I want to.
Speaker 2: Live up to it.
Speaker 3: When he all he needed to do is just relax and go play his brand of football.
Speaker 4: He is the man.
Speaker 3: He cannot fit down, no chimneys, but he will knock on your front door.
Speaker 5: I tell you that it's crazy. You said, drum Paankers. I'm gonna say. All the big guys up there on the d line, I oh, we haven't said much about these guys. But it was a siting for matthis this past weekend. He showed up big and some key runs. It was a sighting from Rich Ridgewick. Hold On now, say, doing our pregame show. We was in the middle of the pregame show and everybody's warming up, and I see a disgusted Ridgeway walking towards us with two trainers limping, and I'm like, damn, he just he just went down before the game started. When the game started, Rich, they said Ridgeway was on a tack. When I'm like, and I see he have two ankles taped up black tape, and I say he went in because he had white tape on when he went in went in. I said, this joke had just tape the ankles up and came out here and went to work. So all those guys up there cum bearing gifts, And I think this would be the fine time for our d line to get out there, what they say, wounded offensive of the New York Jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think if you can find those matchups, that'd be great because we've all been wanting that, right and if they can deliver, man, that's gonna be a great Christmas present for everybody. For me, I'm gonna say our guy eb right, because he is I mean, he's the guy man, He's gonna give gifts, right, Yeah. Can we get the right protection for the offensive line? Can we get Sam in a good position where he likes the concept and read that? Give Give Sam that gift, right, Give Terry that gift of that deep ball, that fifty to fifty shot. Hey, we hat Curtis in that one on one matchup in the slot?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Can Jahan, you know, Chris, Chris Rodriguez, all these guys like he's the guy that makes that happen. Give those gifts out and if he does a good job of allocating those resources, they're gonna be in a pretty good spot.
Speaker 2: How did our max do this pass week?
Speaker 5: That's why we hadn't got on We didn't even look at the giftson was gonna get the ball more?
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: I thought Chris where Regus rgan pretty hard when he had a change.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 3: He You always think he has more yaws than he hail because I think he runs so validly. He breaks so many tap like I thought he had sixty yards he only had thirty five.
Speaker 1: But I mean it was only on like how many carres like, Yeah, he's very efficient, yeah, and he's very physical. And the other guy that did a good job was Jonathan Williams.
Speaker 4: He always do a good job when he gets a change.
Speaker 1: Had some really good blitz pickups which was great to see. But I think one of the reasons Gibson didn't play much is he had a he missed the blitz blitz pick up. They led to a sack.
Speaker 2: So I think that, yeah, that'll get you on the bench.
Speaker 1: Yep. So but yeah, hopefully those guys get a bigger opportunity this week. All right, So now time for game predictions, and this is presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders. Stop searching, go Northwest, check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join in how Northwest and I'll make your money grow for you. Stop by a branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today. Right, so game predictions, Yeah, I know everyone's super excited this Tanna. You're so pumped. Look at how pumps you are.
Speaker 3: But this is also his two ex team. I mean, this is his two teams right here. This is the sat Tanna Bowl.
Speaker 2: Think about that, collaborate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's my bowl, man, the Tanna Man. Boy, it's crazy because I'm going to be on the podcast this week later on with Lavernias and Wayne Quebec about the game, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: But then you, honestly, man, I mean this is crazy.
Speaker 5: I never would have thought it'd be a time where I'm sitting here talking about my two teams and both of us stink.
Speaker 2: So right now, we both sitting there and they're like, well, I hope I get a win. I know, I hope I get a win.
Speaker 5: I hope somebody and I'm hoping that we get to go back home, you know, with the victory.
Speaker 2: But I can't give you no points.
Speaker 5: Man. I suck at that. And I feel like every time I go out there and bite my tongue and say something I shouldn't say about this team.
Speaker 2: They embarrassed me.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to see a hard fart game on Christmas Eve. Give us something to be cheered, cheering nobody in the stands, and make the best team stand and win, I mean the best, the best team high and they say the whole Look, I.
Speaker 3: Want to open this teas they say forty five to zero.
Speaker 2: That's what I want for zero.
Speaker 4: I just like, this is what I want from this team.
Speaker 3: I want one game where the offense, the defense, and the special teams all show up the same day. That's all I'm asking. That's all I'm asking. Is it gonna be hard to score on this defense? Yes it is, but it's hard to score on every defense in the NFL. So go out there, play your games. Special teams, I hate to say. They then cut the cheese. Let's see, can you know? Special teams pick back up and get back on the good.
Speaker 2: Hold on, who's up? Who's next?
Speaker 1: I think you're signing someone they just signed that he's from the Patriots.
Speaker 2: I think patures all right, So we got lord.
Speaker 3: Have and defense. Make this offense look like who they really are. Like, do not let this offense.
Speaker 4: Am out here and get no, just get going on.
Speaker 3: You You're not make them look how they're supposed to look and go win there.
Speaker 5: So I promise you they're looking at some of the things and they saying, we're gonna get in these sets. Yes, we're gonna show these same motions. We're gonna do some of these same and we're gonna hope that it's gonna confuse him to the.
Speaker 3: Point we'll be running a wheel round this week, same as.
Speaker 2: Cooper Girl, they're gonna be doing. Did y'all not see the play now? We'll talk about it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I agree with Fred. I think the defense is trending in the right direction, and that's been great because it's help with the evaluation. It's been great to see Cleek Hutson and Kwan Martin playing better ball. We mentioned Cody Barton briefly, like the defensive lines playing better. Cam made some plays and Percy, you know, seeing him flying. It's good to see that. Keep that going right offensively. I've really enjoyed watching Sam Hall this year, especially when he's playing good ball. I want to see him get back on track because if he gets back on track. I think we feel much better about the off season. It's gonna be tough this week, but they play a lot of man. You know what they're gonna be in. Let's beat that man, courage. Man. We got all these playmakers and they do rush the pastor world. But I think the offensive line for us, yeah, has been playing wal off to handle this scrip.
Speaker 2: I'm running slant goals.
Speaker 1: And get after that.
Speaker 2: Boy and something right now. If you're playing man on me right now, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Beets the type matchup that can't get at a South guardener because South he makes his money disrupting people with them long arms of his and making him run.
Speaker 4: Terry is very tough.
Speaker 2: I would you want to quick Terry gonna one.
Speaker 1: Step and Terry can go both those quarters.
Speaker 3: Terry is one of the receivers that he's hard for us to really study because he has no defined in failure. He has nothing and no define Like when I say Sat Tanner, you take speed.
Speaker 4: He don't have that. That makes you hard to check. So I think this is a good matchup that I want to see South Terry.
Speaker 2: So I want I won't. I want to be surprised if I see Johann Sitan.
Speaker 5: I just think going back to Jersey, you know he's he's he's born at When he gets quiet like this, it's almost like he's brewing for one of those games and hold them some attention. So I'm hoping that we can get a couple more his citis. But this is this goes back to what I tell you about how you and situations. Everybody's situation ain't always the same. Like you can look at what he did last year, like man, John, we just knew he was gonna come and get a thousand this shit, But now he had to deal with the simple fact of a new offense, a new quarterback, a quarterback that you know, still try trying to find him, him not being involved, not knowing how to.
Speaker 2: Overcome not being evolved.
Speaker 5: Still have to go out there and play it because when they come to you is when you least expected. We've seen games like that, so I'm sure he's learning a lot about this season. And like I said, I want to see him finished strong these next three games.
Speaker 2: I want to see a couple of sightings from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be great. So again I think Sam Howe defense keep playing better, and like you said, get those special teams on the right track, be special all right, and so no prediction for me, but that's what I'm hoping to see, right, Just reminder about you by Bet three sixty five. At Bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sports should be epic right now. New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three sixty five. Use a QR code to sign up deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety net offer by placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying, bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or bet and get offer and place a bet of five or more and get one to fifteen bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. A BET three sixty five official sports Betting Partner of the Washington Commanders must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 3: See, I'll just be in the casino and just walk up to somebody and slap their hand out when they try to put the money in machine.
Speaker 1: That's your hell, you're helping gambler and gamble. How many fights you bet in doing that?
Speaker 2: Plenty?
Speaker 1: Plenty? All right, now, this is something I am super excited for a right, you know what it is? Red You pay attention to the production.
Speaker 2: That was, Yes, that was okay?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: This is the Christmas movie?
Speaker 2: And there we go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now, can I ask a question?
Speaker 3: Is in game a Christmas move and game? But Marvel it came out around Christmas?
Speaker 1: I know, but there's nothing Christmas in the.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, is die Hard is a Christmas movie?
Speaker 1: I know? And I think you're gonna go there with your first pick. All right, so Jason producer, Hello, welcome to the show. He's been sitting here the whole time.
Speaker 7: So end game is definitely not a Christmas But I will say Diehard is.
Speaker 1: Will we all vote on Diehards Christmas takes.
Speaker 7: Place deering, Christmas has Christmas themes, don't least in July, but who cares?
Speaker 1: Don't be lessened a bunch of Christmas movies right now.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying general games not but we can debate if some come up. But Diehard is definitely a Christmas right.
Speaker 1: I leave a comment. If you don't think Diards are Christmas movie. I personally think you're wrong, but leave a comment.
Speaker 7: It takes place during Christmas, and it has Christmas.
Speaker 1: Themes and there's Christmas music.
Speaker 4: Yes, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Gifts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hold on steal one of the all time bits I forgot.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad you brought that up. They were just ruining.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be one.
Speaker 7: All right, here we go. I'm gonna give you guys the order. It's gonna be random here. So Tanna is one, two three, I'm four.
Speaker 1: Are you're in a number generator?
Speaker 7: No, the first one first, one versus two. So Logan goes first. We're gonna do like a snake draft.
Speaker 1: So I go first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then it's Tanna.
Speaker 7: Okay, and then Fred and then.
Speaker 2: Me for it was right man, Fred, He's always right.
Speaker 7: All right, we're gonna do a snake draft. You know, you know what a snake drafty.
Speaker 2: So you go through eleven of the top one hundred Christmas movies?
Speaker 1: Are you on the list right now? You get out of here with that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Christmas? Oh? Yeah, go first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you go first and then goes through the order, and then you go time last. I'll go twice and I will go back now a right, so we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna pick, then we go back through the we go through the order backwards. Right in the state draft, it's like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yep, so the ends will pick twice twice, three.
Speaker 1: Movies each, three movies each, movies each. All right, all right, so I started. I'm starting with Elf as the first. I love the first selection of this draft.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think that's self explanatory. I don't you know.
Speaker 5: Elf is like, so we just picked our home movies. Yeah, I'm going with a Christmas story.
Speaker 1: Oh I like it, like it, like it? Like?
Speaker 4: Is it me? I'm going home alone? I brought it in.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. One home alone one.
Speaker 7: The first one. Yeah, okay, uh, I get back to back here. Yes, I'm going to try and hit a couple of demographics. I'm gonna go die Hard and then, uh, the kid in me loves this one. I'm gonna go Muppet Christmas Carol.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was gonna pick that one. Are you serious?
Speaker 7: Muppet Christmas Carrol. That's an excellent one. You know when a movie starts out with the Muppets, they like don't say the names of like who the actor is? The boys they say the name of the muppet. So it's like Kermit fraud.
Speaker 1: I actually just watched that the other night with my kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 1: I gotta look up some Christmas movies.
Speaker 2: There you, fred.
Speaker 3: Ah then took my diehod he thene took my if.
Speaker 2: What about mm hmm, great question.
Speaker 4: I need to go home alone too.
Speaker 1: Oh I got one. Okay, good, I almost forgot about this one. Thank god for the Internet. See everybody looking like, no, okay, Fred, you've got the clock man.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's almost impossible to not look. There's somebody in your head, but you just don't know the names of.
Speaker 7: I'm sure we have fans like yelling at the radio.
Speaker 4: I totally understand. And it's me.
Speaker 3: I I like bad Santa.
Speaker 1: That is a good one. It's an excellent one. So who's up? Tennis?
Speaker 5: Up now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Trading places?
Speaker 1: Trading places with Murphy. We're we're back the one that's one with the from the Ghostbusters, right.
Speaker 7: Right, You're up and you get to So this is gonna be your last two picks for flying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were ripping.
Speaker 5: Okay, right, I want to go for someone something that they didn't think was this Christmas movie, like I had to pull.
Speaker 1: Up that was good. That was good. So for me, uh National Lampoon's Christmas. I love that's an excellent.
Speaker 2: I love that this week.
Speaker 1: I love that's excellent. And then gosh, there's a couple of weak I can go kids movie here, but I don't think I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Oh I got one, y'all. I got one gonna really make y'all mate.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm gonna go night remember for Christmas, I think is where I'm wanna.
Speaker 2: Go there moving for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Christmas movie, right, I can't away. I mean, it's kind of awe.
Speaker 7: It's it's a little bit of it. If not, it's a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's good.
Speaker 7: That's Christmas in the title that Yeah, me, tanna's up.
Speaker 2: Then you frot.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna go with the whole the traditional the gritch that stole Christmas good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, it's good. I almost went that way, but Jim Jim Carrey versions.
Speaker 2: Like you gotta you gotta put that one on the This is right here.
Speaker 3: Gonna hurt their feelings, you know what. Nineteen eighty four Grimlins.
Speaker 5: Is a Christmas Movieings Christmas, that's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if one diehard is we gotta know it's the Christmas.
Speaker 1: Remember I've ever seen Gremblins.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was young it was on Christmas.
Speaker 5: It's one of those about that because I remember that as a kid watching that movie.
Speaker 2: Right, No book, get.
Speaker 7: Them so I get the last one?
Speaker 1: What you got? Yeah?
Speaker 7: All right, last one again another favorite of mine as a kid. But uh with Arnold Schwarzenegger jingle all the way all right one, Yeah, I like it. Some honorable mentions. I'm just gonna mention them because my wife makes me watch these every year. I want to give a shout out there.
Speaker 1: Or it's Holiday, the Holiday with Kate Winslet.
Speaker 7: No, no, Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's Jack Blackson that right Jack though? For sure? Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually is is that? Actually like the worst like romance movie?
Speaker 7: Terrible, But I have to watch it at least twice every year. It's a wonderful life my family always puts in.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't think I've ever seen that all the way through.
Speaker 4: A wonderful life is very much overrated.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen all the way through. I've seen parts of it.
Speaker 2: Is they ain't the one when the key gets hitting.
Speaker 1: At with some soo no, that's that's a Christmas story.
Speaker 7: Canna took that this is the number two picks.
Speaker 5: It's just like it's just like one of knows it's not even about being overrated. Something that you all had to see.
Speaker 4: It's a class people talking about that growing.
Speaker 2: Up and like you wanted to see that move right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Santa Claus is another favorite.
Speaker 1: Santa Claus. I was gonna say I almost picked that one. I feel like that's where we can return returns scary Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 1: The Beatles, that's a great one. That's a great one. Easy over there, Tiger, okay, easy.
Speaker 4: There was always one of my celebrity crushes. I love Michelle.
Speaker 1: So I love it. I love my life, I love my wife.
Speaker 7: I'll recap these fans can vote like last time, Uh, fred, I wonder if you'll get shut out again, has Elf Christmas vacation mayor before Christmas.
Speaker 1: We're pretty good about that, Tanna.
Speaker 7: A Christmas story trading places, nice little Curveball there and the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Fred Trading places home alone.
Speaker 7: Bad Santa, that's an excellent one.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna live boy friends who don't know they would be like and then they're gonna google.
Speaker 1: They'm like Santa though, and Humblelone. Yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 7: And then I had die hard Muppet Christmas Carol and Jingle all the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know, mine's very neat, dude, Muppet Christmas Carol all.
Speaker 5: Have a movie in there that people didn't quite know it was a Christian movie, was kind.
Speaker 1: Of kid friendly due, but Muppet Christmas Carol is like, literally it's probably it's like one of my favorites. I watched it, yeah, and like, like, what's his name, Michael Canaan. That is excellent.
Speaker 2: So I watched this.
Speaker 5: I watched so this to be correct'na. I'm gonna say this because I know we put the downa. I liked the Jim Carrey, but I watched the Doctor Zeus.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say I kind.
Speaker 7: Of liked more than than the most recent one.
Speaker 5: No, I'm talking about the original, like the one that was all with the Charlie Brown kind of news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good. I like that. Actually, I it's a double knuckle there because I actually liked that better.
Speaker 2: That was for culture, way better than for the culture.
Speaker 7: Well, definitely comment for any movies we forgot, and make sure you get on Spotify the vote for who wins this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is that gonna do it for Thanks for watching guys merk Christmas and hind them. We are brought to you by Bet three six five. I bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an in game experience which covers seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty thousand live streams to ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibility if you or someone you know it has a gambling problem and wants to help, call one hundred gambler. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.