Speaker 1: What's up, y'all, it's your boy MC magic from a Zilla. Make sure you don't miss the podcast with Bootleg Cab We Live.
Speaker 2: Baby, Bootleg Cavs, show Man, special guests in here, Mike got mc magic, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For having me, my brother man. It's a good time being here. Not the first time, of course, but congratulations to you too, Arizona Boys up Baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir man, you got the new album out right now? God bless Chicanos. Which is it's like a short but sweet project?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Eleven records, eleven eleven songs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that short now?
Speaker 4: I guess it is? Now right.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking like you've had some albums with some fucking joints on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen nineteen songs, and you know, we live in a different era, Bootleg. Matter of fact, most of the people that give advice about how to release your music, they say, stay away from albums. Nobody pays attention to the whole album. Just do single, single, single single. But I'm from the old school man. I think an album has a special place in my heart and a special place in real music lover's heart.
Speaker 3: And I feel like you have a fan base that most artists don't have. Most artists are trying to get thrown into the algorithm of the single I see, I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They try to you know, get like in a bottle, get a TikTok hit mean you have like fans who will like break bread you know.
Speaker 1: No doubt, and man, man, we really do. Man, it's crazy. And after thirty years of almost thirty years check it out. In twenty twenty five will be thirty years that my first album drop. And it's also thirty years of my wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: Wow, wait, thirty years since which album?
Speaker 1: Don't worry coming out the Phex lost the Love.
Speaker 4: I was about to dude, I'm old as fun damn you know, but I'm proud of it. I'm proud of you should be longevity. Man.
Speaker 1: No, people are talking about, hey, bro, how come Google says you're forty seven? I no, I'm fifty seven and I earned them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's good though, man, feel like to like, you know, I always say, like, you know, if you can move the it's really easy to watch people go in and out of this business, you know, whether it's hip hop, pop, whatever. When they move like assholes, when they move with like a lot of disrespect, and I feel like you've always kind of made sure that you move a certain direction a certain way while also kind of like, you know, staying true to yourself and.
Speaker 1: No doubt, no doubt, You're a big relationships guy. You know, I'm big on integrity. Can if you say I'm gonna meet you at ten, I'm that guy that I was late today, Guys, I wasn't throwing the shot. But but not just not just meetings, you know in general. You know when you when you do a solid for someone, sure, whatever, whatever it is. I'm big on integrity because at the end of the day, you can lose all your money, you can lose all your belongings. But your word is gold. Yep, your word is bond. And that's a New York thing. You know what is bond?
Speaker 4: Kid? For sure? For sure?
Speaker 1: And I believe that.
Speaker 3: Can you walk me through. I want to get to a few things with the album. But the last song of the album, you guys did a remake that Drodi and Oates had thrown out there randomly. It was out for a second, it was and I told them when they dropped it, I said, hey, you guys should reach out to Magic. I'm not sure the specifics of that record, because it did come out on Upstairs. Yeah, right, And from what I understand.
Speaker 1: Joe Lopez John is the owner, Okay, Joe's his wife.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So from what I was always told was that they're not the easiest people to clear things.
Speaker 1: I see, you know, I don't know how many people have reached out to them to clear things.
Speaker 3: But we got a homegirl who redid the summer nights, okay, and it was a up uphill battle. I see, I believe it, But but how so can you kind of give me what you guys did to actually officially release the song.
Speaker 1: I was happy that they did it because because really it's it's respect. If the song wasn't good, they wouldn't even touch it. So I take it as as a as a as respect when they remade pretty Girl and they just called it pretty Girl. But one of the problems in music is if you have the same title royalty wise, percentage wise, it's hard for them for Askap and b and might have figured out because they got the same title and it was the same song, and I think that was the mistake that they made. Didn't add a letter to it or something to distinguish it, and so uh, real quickly it got it got it got taken down because of copyright issues, and I couldn't do nothing about that because they owned the master, you know, even though I wrote it and produced it. Uh and they they owned the master. So they took it down. And and those guys reached out to me after the fact, you know, I talked to Drodi. I said, don't worry about it, man, Let's just remake it with no samples.
Speaker 4: So that's what I did. You you re sang it. That's kind of really did everything.
Speaker 1: There's no samples in the new version of the original, but it still feels like the original.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I was gonna say, because is that kind of like what Taylor Swift recently did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, she re recorded her whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a new master of a song that I created. You know, an IP You can't you can't take that away.
Speaker 3: You don't take that away from you because you write that song. Yeah, that's so it's a nice loophole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good loophole in the music industry. I mean, Taylor Swift has made billions off off of doing that. You know, she tells everybody go get my new compilation of the same song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a new recording.
Speaker 1: It's a new recording of the same song. And so it's her master now it's no longer the master that she got a fat advance.
Speaker 4: For, right, Yeah, that's were they happy about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were, and and and we finished it back in December.
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean upstairs records.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Yeah, yeah, we don't. We don't talk. We have no issue. I mean, no, no kind of relationship. Only I knew that.
Speaker 4: I just didn't know if like they'd like try to hate.
Speaker 1: No, they haven't told me anything they have. But I didn't break any rules, for sure, break any rules. I mean, that's my original lyrics, something about you. Those were my lyrics, you feel me, for sure? And so just to re sing my lyrics, yeah, it's no problem.
Speaker 3: And so you guys when Ot was in Phoenix, you guys shot a video in Phoenix for that song. We did, and I remember me and Ote would talk about it all the time and he'd be like, man, I don't know when the fuck that thing's coming out.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: We had shot that video so long.
Speaker 1: So what happened is is that I, uh that I finished. We finished that one in December, and we shot the video because Ot was doing the show in December, so we piggybacked off the video the same day of his video actually and uh our same day of his show, I mean. And so I had it done and then I got two more features from him, that Bounce and another one that I haven't dropped yet that I'm saying that's in the can. But the hold up was getting the clearance from Interscope. So getting that waiver from Interscope it took a little bit. We got out, we had all the paperwork done, all the finances were done, all the legal fees were done, everything was taken care of, and Interscope just kind of took their time. And then finally on a Tuesday, they said they sent me an email said if you want to drop this Friday, go ahead, but other other than that, we don't know when we can give you a date. And I'm like, it's dropping this Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you guys shot I remember when Coyote was here, we did an interview and then either that night or first thing in the morning, they had to catch a flight to.
Speaker 1: He's right, yeah, right the next day, Uh, they left from here, I think the next day. It was crazy because I really felt a lot of love from Ot that day. Because our video shoot was supposed to start at two pm in Houston. We again, we worked it around his schedule.
Speaker 4: He was did shoot both videos, the one that's coming out soon.
Speaker 1: Yes, he shot and edited both. So we got there. It was for a two pm video shoot, it was supposed to be, but the airlines were having problems and we were We were four hours late, me and the YODI. So we pulled up, you know, in the rental change right into filming.
Speaker 4: Damn, you wouldn't even know. You would not have guessed watching the video exactly.
Speaker 1: And then Ot he had already been there waiting four hours for us.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: It was done at this little place called Chicano Boulevard. Oh shit, you know, and it really it w went well with the title too.
Speaker 4: You know. I saw do boy pulled up. But who else was in the video? The baby ba Baby Bash was pushing up LOGI shouts to.
Speaker 1: Bash, Yeah, my brother bash Man. We've been doing so much work together.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: It's crazy to think because me and Bash had a conversation recently about how he's never been busier on the road in his career. Yeah, and I feel like the same is probably said for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same is for me. You know, a lot of things have changed, keV. You know, even just going out to do what they called promo shows back in the days, you know, radio stations and the label would abuse the artists so that they both can win, and the artists went on to be Yeah, artists would go home broke.
Speaker 4: A look or for the record appeah yeah, yeah, to.
Speaker 1: Get the ad, to get the spins to get you.
Speaker 4: Sure you did a lot of those, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course. Even after I left I went back independent with the with the Magic City, I still had to do a lot of radio stuff, but it really helped. It really helped because Sexy Lady, I mean, of all my albums, Magic City is the only one that went number one on Billboard. Wow, number one on the independent chart. It's called the heat Seeker chart.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So in two thousand and six, I went number one on Billboard.
Speaker 4: And you had a real hit.
Speaker 3: I mean, Sexy Lady was like, is I just want to know, Like I live in Arizona at the time and that song if you cannot turn the fucking radio on with out hearing that song.
Speaker 1: I remember the night jock name was Sander.
Speaker 3: Pena, who's currently in LA doing her thing.
Speaker 1: That's right. So it was it was a top nine at nine. They would do every night, and I think I was number one for at least two months straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was amazing.
Speaker 4: And there's still not a real video.
Speaker 1: No, it's just that one thing that I shot at the rate of state dais three day times three. My son who's been with me for the whole journey, I think he was in high school. We filmed an unplugged version at a studio.
Speaker 3: Have you thought about I don't know what your relationships like with Caine, but have you Juvenile just shot a video from four hundred degrees earlier this year? Yeah, I mean we're talking about that was nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, and he just shot and re released the video. Do you think it's a good idea to be a sexy lady video you?
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to do anyboy. We got to do a sexy lady video.
Speaker 3: Bro, especially if you're gonna do I mean, I don't I'm necessary say because you're always on the road, so you're always doing shows. Oh yeah, but I think you said, Oh, I think for in twenty twenty six, Yeah, the twenty year anniversary.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you guys should get that in the can.
Speaker 3: That'd be sick drop it and then you could drop like a special commemorative Yeah, think just for the fans.
Speaker 4: I would like that. I think it's beautiful. Good with Kine, with djk oh yeah, we're brothers. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, then then what are you doing? Yeah, yeah, you got to. But I would do it in two years.
Speaker 3: Drop it in two years on the anniversary of Because that's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's crazy that that song.
Speaker 1: Why don't you sponsor it that we can put executive produced by Bootleg I get some sponsors for you.
Speaker 4: You said odd socks and beyond the.
Speaker 3: Odds that motherfucker shots of hard Dean. Yeah, but no, I think that'd be dope.
Speaker 4: Though, that would be dope. That would be dope.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know, of the of the eleven songs on the album, I have a video done for all of them except one except two.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy and we're working on those as well.
Speaker 4: And how are you going to roll them all out?
Speaker 1: Just gonna space them ount space them out. I mean by Christmas, everything will be out.
Speaker 3: You you got Jenny six nine on the album I remember you and I had a conversation about you guys potentially because you maybe working together on like some official music through your label.
Speaker 4: Yeh, that's something you guys ever worked out?
Speaker 1: You know, I her to sign her to the label and kind of a guide the the the brand, the Jenny six y nine brand. You know. I had a vision to kind of make it like a modern day version of what j Lo was, you know what I'm saying, in her in her era. But Jenny's got her own ideas, and every artist does. She's got her own ideas. And I told her, you know, my I guess my style is not as as U ratchet, you know, and Jenny likes the you know, she has a ratchet brand. I'll say.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I think she's dope. Yeah, I like I like that. What was that record she had?
Speaker 4: Was it with you? Was it the Riverside? Riverside?
Speaker 1: I wrote that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it was hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was gang banging. Yeah yeah, Riverside loved it, you know, dropped it. It was on my label, that was on your label. Yeah, we got two records together, and the new ones on my and the other the new ones on my.
Speaker 4: Album can You Can You Know?
Speaker 3: It's it's it's interesting because you've kind of been a part of almost every era of what we would consider like the different eras of.
Speaker 4: Mexican hip hop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel like in twenty twenty four it's never been more thriving. It feels like, you know, there's so much energy, there's so much you know, whatever you're looking for, there's that. And artists are getting signed to major labels. Yeah, you've got a guy like Mexicano or Tea going gold, going platinum over and obviously you know a guy like Lefty gun Play who's going crazy. And it feels like it's it's kind of like that. I mean, it's it's it's the best time because it feels like the music industry is finally When I say the music industry, I mean people in New York, people who are like signed everywhere. The major label folks are really looking at what's going on. Why do you think that the timing is finally kind of coming together for Mexicans and hip hop perseverance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, we come from from a background where no matter well, we're never going to stop trying, whether you work in the fields, whether you work as a construction worker, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Mexicans don't give up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I say Mexicans, the whole world that doesn't know that there's a difference between a Mexican from Mexico and a Mexican from America. I talked, I'm talking about all of us. I'm talking about all of us. But that's why I went with the word Chicano, because I think that that describes my demo a little bit better than just saying Mexican, because I was born in Mexico, but I feel more Chicano, you know, kind of like Pac he was born in New York, but he read the West Coast, you know what I'm saying. So, but I think it's because of perseverance. You know, the one that Corrido Dumbalos took off in twenty twenty during the pandemic.
Speaker 4: It wasn't planned, it was organic.
Speaker 1: Right, you know. And I think that was one of the things that kicked off the whole domino.
Speaker 3: Of No for sure, because it's like I think I was talking to jop and he was saying four out of the five top Latin artists were all Mexican. Yeah on Spotify, and the one who wasn't was Bad Bunny exactly. And I was like, damn Like and then, like you said, the corrido shit is like you know, like growing up in Phoenix, DJ and Jaguars, like we had to play all that shit, of course, but it's crazy that it's like now, it's like it's so big, it's it's it's and a lot of these like I was telling Jop, I was like, man, y'all look like rappers for real. Like these dudes got double cups and chains.
Speaker 4: It's it's a clash of cultures for sure. It's a clash of cultures. And then you got the kid Hobby from Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Amazing. That kid is so on fire.
Speaker 4: He is killing it so on fire.
Speaker 3: I remember Alexis maj put me onto him three or four years ago when he was like a like, I don't know, probably fourteen thirteen something.
Speaker 1: You know what it is about this whole movement, keV Is it's not just bilingual. It's by cultural, right, and so not everyone's by cultural, not that he's now by cultural because he came and got the swag like the interview you know, you and Jop had so he came and got the hip hop swag from the American Mexicans, the chicanom right, you see what I'm saying. And he said, man, this is.
Speaker 4: Cool, this is cool.
Speaker 1: So now it's just it's just it's a big melting pot, you know. And I love Corridos too. You know my son sings Colriedos.
Speaker 3: Say you have your son on your album? Yeah, what was? Because your son's been also rolling with you a lot, like yeah, he's been he's been been to your shows.
Speaker 4: He's there helping out.
Speaker 1: He's my merch guy. Yeah, so he's going from the merch table to the stage.
Speaker 3: Which son of yours was also writing scooters? Was it him or was it.
Speaker 4: He's They were both right shooters. But he's the pro because there was some serious fucking scooter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to compete in Rome, oh ship next month, like on a razor. Yeah that's a bad word, bro, always that I don't know the culture is is, but but is razor like frown upon? It's not calling a BMX or a Huffey bike.
Speaker 4: You you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're like on a Hoffey Right, He's like, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: I guess that's what Grandma got you for Christmas. And what's it like, because I've heard a lot of your son stuff. He's obviously shooting videos and stuff.
Speaker 3: He's signed to you, Like, what's that been like to kind of guide him into the music ship and like he's doing that kind of music which is hot and like the music sounds really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun because we genuinely love the music. Like I told you, we're bicultural, you know, when we're having a gosada at my sister in laws or at my mother in laws or that's the music we're listening to, you know, in addition to the hip hop, the classics, the old school stuff, and so it's real. It's it's not just like, oh, let's let's chase this lane. That's really who he is. That's really who he is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's dope, man.
Speaker 3: Is there is there any part of like being having your son signed to you where he like fights back on you, Like, do you guys have any battles where you just got.
Speaker 4: To let him win one?
Speaker 1: No, no, No, we don't see.
Speaker 3: Does he trust kind of like your vision because you obviously you're you've built this independent.
Speaker 1: Well check this out, bootleg. Being an artist. Being an artist, I've already gone through all the feelings that are young artists has gone through. So when they act a certain way, whether it's him or Jay Rocks to her.
Speaker 4: By the way, she's doing great.
Speaker 1: She's doing amazing. I understand them because it comes from an artistic point of view, you know what I'm saying. And so I let him. I let him. But on the few issues that I've pushed him on, he's taken. He's taking my advice and it's paid off. He was just telling me yesterday, Yo, Pops, I got this new chord progression. He didn't know, you know what a chord was when we started, you know. So now he's on a guitar finding what works best.
Speaker 4: Does he record at home? Yeah, because you got the home studio.
Speaker 1: I got a home studio. He's got a home studio and h and we go everywhere and record as well.
Speaker 4: Super dope man. And then he's is he opening up most of the shows.
Speaker 1: He doesn't open up. Right now, we breaking in the middle of my set and he does two songs, so we're also easing them into the stage as well.
Speaker 4: Yo, what's it like being like because how many days a year are you doing all of them? You know what I'm saying? Like if you had, like guess it's like one hundred days a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we average one hundred constants a Year's so crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what do you think?
Speaker 3: What like like you being busier now on the road than ever. And it's so funny because like sometimes I have to educate people who aren't hip to what you what you got going on? Yeah here in La like not like people who know no you know, yeah, but like quote unquote industry people, I'd be like, yeah, Magic sells off the Novo like twice a year, and they'll be like what the Novo And I'm like yeah, like yes, like you know, but it's crazy, Like what would you attribute the the because there's something about what you've built where if there's a festival, yoah, we're gonna put Magic on the festival. I mean you just performed out what was the thing you just did in downtown La a few weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Downtown La was it's called Persian Square. Yeah, it's a city event that they put on and they say, sign up for the guest list. You can get in free, but you have to be twenty one because it's you know, it's just it was crazy. It was crazy. It had to turn two thousand people away, so it capped out at like seven thousand. They said no more, so they turned people away, and you know, the fans get mad because they register. Sure, but a lot of times when you register for a free event, you know from working at radio.
Speaker 3: It's first first come for serve exactly once it hits capacity. Yes, yes, but I was gonna say, like, you know, you had you had mentioned kind of like going through the era of your career where you had to do some of the radio shit, which I think that I don't think a lot of that's happening anymore, to be fair, because radio shows are kind.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 1: I like radio because that's where I came from. That's what made my original music hits. But I know it doesn't have the same impact as as TikTok.
Speaker 3: But I feel like now you're like you're kind of like, uh, orchestrating a lot of your own shit, Like like you're literally on the side of the stage, like when I saw you when you when you had them be writers guys back out on on on on the road.
Speaker 1: The Reunion tour in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was like.
Speaker 3: You and little Rob I think was your main support at the note, but you were like like during Rob's performance, you were like helping with what was going on on the screen.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm hands on, but yeah, but like a lot of the shows you do are you're booking them yourself, right, Yeah, it's like you and me and Big d are the promoters a big D. Yeah, me and Big d are the promoters behind it. It's a little two man operation.
Speaker 4: But it works, no, for sure.
Speaker 3: And I feel like more artists with real fans should do that shit instead of depending on like somebody in like a local market or live.
Speaker 4: Nation to book you.
Speaker 1: I advise it because you know, if you let a big promoter get a hold of you, they're going to give you. Then I say, okay, we'll give you a million dollars for the tour, and the tour will make five million.
Speaker 4: And yeah, they'll give you an advance.
Speaker 1: You got your MILLI, you got Yourmelli already, And then they bite you off of that. Remember the hotels and.
Speaker 4: So it's a writer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a like I just saw like a record country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, John Bellyon just did it. I just saw him on talking about it. He signed to deal with Live Nation and he said he took an advance on however many shows he had to do, right, Yeah, And he said that when he got the invoices, he was like, you know, they're charging me for toilet paper.
Speaker 4: Like they're charging me for like stuff I don't eat on.
Speaker 1: The road, Fynasy bottles eight free.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't even eat this ship. But every venue you have to put a writer. Yeah, And he's like, dude, he brought himself out of his deal with Live Nation.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, we never got a deal like that, and which is for the better because we learned the hard Nune.
Speaker 4: But you also, I mean you do a lot of stuff with like a bike. Bobby d shoutut to Bobby dede.
Speaker 1: Byby my brother Bobby Fresh.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's out. He's been murdering ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Bobby, he don't play. He's serious. He's a Chicago too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: For sure, God blessed Chicanos. Talk to me about how you have been, Like, can.
Speaker 3: You give me a night, Like, what are your thoughts being a guy from Arizona Because I've obviously always kind of been like lightly hip to some of the politics that happened in California, but not as much as before I moved here. When I moved here, I was very very like okay, because you know, in Arizona, like I got cousins in prison, and you know, are stuff out there is a lot different. Yeah, I feel like in California, Uh, there's a lot of beef amongst other artists, yeah, or Mexican like yeah, and and somehow you've always been able to kind of like stay.
Speaker 4: Clear of any of that drama.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 4: I think you know it speaks to you as a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well my music was never that kind of you.
Speaker 4: It was never that music.
Speaker 3: But like you know, you're on the I'm sure, I'm sure I come into California as much as you have. But like, what are your thoughts just on like that scene of like you know, because I was just talking about this, like, Yo, I feel like there's so much opportunity for the state of California. A lot of these artists to move together. It's like it's like it's like Lefty Gunplay worked with an artist from the north right. It would like be huge, you know what I mean. But it feels like there's like this huge invisible barrier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, from my point of view, that whole, that whole, whether you're from southern Cali or Northern County, all that man, that that's that's a touchy subject that I've I've never gotten close to. But I think it's it's deeper than just the streets. I think it comes from the inside. I think from the prisons. They control it. And if someone's trying to be a good Samaritan and then bring everybody together, the guys on the inside are calling the shot, saying you know, no till yes.
Speaker 3: I feel like Goldts gets held and he's like, I'm like, this guy's trying to make everybody work together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Toe's a great guy. Yeah, TOAs is a good dude.
Speaker 1: When he comes to Phoenix, we play ball and he's promising with my ass on the court next time.
Speaker 4: For people who don't know magic who you got like some.
Speaker 1: A little bit, I ain't no baby bast hoof.
Speaker 4: Too for sure.
Speaker 3: How fun has it been just being on the road with Bash as much as you guys hit the road together.
Speaker 4: Man, it's dope.
Speaker 1: He calls me benchet magic, that's his word. Yeah, it's that's dope. Man. Bash knows that we've already got like everything in place. It's a protocol for our concerts, and all he needs to know is what time do I go on?
Speaker 4: I feel like, would you guys do a joint project? Man?
Speaker 1: We just we just did one that was super incredible and then at the last minute of Renter was thrown in the program. I can't tell you the full details.
Speaker 4: So you guys are supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it just all fell apart.
Speaker 4: So the music's been recorded.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a whole album. It was just one song.
Speaker 4: So just one song.
Speaker 1: It was one song and it fell apart at the end. That's a music video. It fell apart. Yes, yeah, I can't. I can't tell you the whole thing because because we're family, right and it's family business. But that's what happened, and it broke my heart. Bro.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if you guys did like a song album and that's crazy. I mean, you guys could tour off that for like a whole other year, Like.
Speaker 1: We're already touring for I got dates in October next year. Bro, Yeah, that's no problem there, My son Daniel tells me. He says, pops, stop touring, take a trip, go overseas, get inspired by something different, and come back a whole new person.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I like that mentality. Take a little break. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, but look, man, and if the dates are dating, and then you got your protocol figured out like you've, you've you're you're the most responsible artist I've ever seen on the road in my life.
Speaker 4: Right. You know, most people come to come to town, they want to hang out, they get drunk, they want to party. Magic's in and he's out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and that's what it is. I'm here for the music, the business, and the fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not here, you know, to hold around to get drunk, none of that stuff. That's never been my thing, you know. I've always had a problem when they take something something awful and they put a good name on it and then and then make you eat the garbage because it's got a pretty name, like getting drunk, killing somebody, drinking and driving, somebody taking a knife at you, which my nephew's gone through it because they were drunk and had an argument at a cemetery. But that's just an awful thing that causes bad things. And then they call it, oh, it's partying. Yeah, you see, they put a pretty name on a horrible thing, right, And I have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I've seen coming from the projects and seeing you know, men beat their wives and seeing family fall apart, and and I just, man, I just I can't sit with it. I can't sit with it. Uh. And and you know, this is probably one of the reasons why my fans continue to come back, because that's not what we push. You're not gonna catch me, you know, uh in a nightclub anymore.
Speaker 4: That's just I mean, you're pushing love. Man.
Speaker 3: I was always say you like you're you're pushing love music like positivity.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Love is the best, Love is the most magic there is.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yeah, talk to me about so I've had recently. I wouldn't say I'm definitely not necessarily a I'm definitively not a Trump supporter, but I'm definitely not a fucking Biden supporter anymore. And I've seen I've seen you up under the comments on a lot of posts. Uh huh politically where like like because because I think a lot of people will cast the right as racist. Yeah, and then the left is the party of the love. And I think that at the end of the day, I think we've all been guilty of like writing off either side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are your thoughts on? Just like because I've seen you in the comments, I get hell for it, you get help for it. But just like you know, with Trump, I feel like, you know, I think that we have like a four year example of him being president.
Speaker 1: We still we already know what it was like and we didn't get in any New Wars, and now we know what it was like under Biden too.
Speaker 4: Right, exactly right.
Speaker 3: So you know I always tell people, I'm like, look, man, like either side is not the boogey man. We're still here, right, he didn't take over the government he left, you know what I mean, Like we didn't.
Speaker 4: We weren't in any New Wars.
Speaker 3: Like it's it's okay to give credit where credits due. I think some people get wrapped up in the meanness.
Speaker 1: Of everybody tells me magic, don't talk politics, don't get into politics. Don't do it. Don't start, you know, saying you're a Trump supporter. But let me, let me just bring it to the very basic you know, is I was born in Mexico, bro, and so I came to America. And when my dad and when my dad and mom broke up, the government took care of me. The government gave us food stamps, The government gave us free cheese, you know, powdered milk to survive. This is where I come from, right, and so this this, this country gave me something good. So obviously I love this country for what it's given me. I'm living the American dream. Sure, I'm living the American dream.
Speaker 4: Quite literally because of because we have free enterprise.
Speaker 1: You're living in the American dream.
Speaker 4: Like this podcast.
Speaker 1: You don't have to get a government permission to start your podcast. So what the left is doing, they're moving closer and closer to controlling everything. They're moving. You know, when I say the left, I mean the democ Radit partner right now. Okay, So that being said, that being said, that's why I love to keep what was good for this country. And a lot of people are emotionally driven, and so when the left tells you.
Speaker 4: Oh he's racist.
Speaker 1: That gets you emotionally, like, oh my god, he said this about blacks. Oh my god, he did this to the Mexicans. Oh my god. He hates people that are crossing the border. But the people that were crossing the border when I came across, they really wanted the American dream. The people that are crossing the border now they want to murder Americans. You see what I'm saying. There's a big difference of what's going on.
Speaker 3: I think I think we got like like there's like I think the one I just saw an interview with the president of El Salvador, who has cleaned up El salve Yes, he's.
Speaker 1: G he went from the worst country in the world to the best.
Speaker 3: It was the most dangerous country in the Western Hemisphere, more dangerous than Haiti, and now it is the safest country in the Western Hemisphere with lower murder rates in the United States.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And so what he did was anybody who was a part of the two major gangs out there, Yeah, I don't want to say them by name, but you know they're all in jail.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: But then he also in this interview, he did he said anybody who was had been in America or.
Speaker 4: Wanted to go back.
Speaker 3: I just sent I send him back, like make your way to Maria. And they're also and Amelia Rojas was telling me that they also were doing that in Venezuela, where certain people who had longer prison sentences, they'd let him out as long.
Speaker 1: As they asked the country they made.
Speaker 4: They promised to make their way out of the countries. Crazy. Now I'm not saying obviously.
Speaker 3: You know, I've had people close to me that have came over recently that are here for work.
Speaker 4: You know, there is good people, but everybody there is this huge spike of people coming in see that we've never seen before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I explained this, and and and to somebody in this way say, for instance, uh, you have a daughter. You have a daughter, and she's beautiful. You want to protect her, but there's somebody on the outside that wants to get your daughter from you, Okay, and then they tell they tell the daughter's mom. You know, Kevin's a piece. You know how people are hating against the government, against America, Like there's people burning flags of this great country.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think a lot of that shits set up to be fair.
Speaker 1: And exactly that's exactly my point. Just so let's go back to your daughter. Right, So there's an outsider who wants to murder your daughter, who wants to probably rape your daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you had you.
Speaker 1: Have a good family, you have a good country, you have a good thing. And so what they do is they first turn her against you. Your daddy's been doing this, So that's what that's an agenda that's going on from the outside so they can finally murder and rape your daughter. Her name is America, right, Okay, you feel what I'm saying, And that's the agenda that that really you know, you know on radio, in radio, when they put songs on the heavy rotation, you love them because you hear them a lot.
Speaker 4: That's called programming. Oh, that's what they do to us with the news. The news is.
Speaker 1: Programming people to hate their own country. Sure, you know, to say whatever was good, they're gonna turn it into bad. Even the Bible says that believe in the days where good will be bad and bad will be good. We have good artists praising the devil on their records, right right, right, right right.
Speaker 4: You know, this whole.
Speaker 1: Agenda is serious and it's taking people's souls and lives, and it's gonna ruin what was once a beautiful, free country.
Speaker 4: That's why I support Trump. Yeah, I support I feel like both.
Speaker 3: If you look at everyone's donors on both sides, they're pretty much the same, which to me is the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they divide us on like this. The part was accept except except.
Speaker 1: What Donald Trump has called out George Sorols by name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just want them to each tell Blackrock to fuck off respectfully and Larry Fink.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless they're all part of the same team. But that's I mean, all the same.
Speaker 1: They're running the world.
Speaker 4: Yes, my way is what they do is.
Speaker 1: They and Biden is their puppet.
Speaker 3: They take the twenty percent of things we all disagree on up right, whether it's racial stuff, whether it's gun control, whether it's abortion. They put it in a ball and they throw it and then everyone goes and chases it while.
Speaker 1: Over here, yes, well it's divide and conquer right there.
Speaker 4: And so that's what they did with your daughter, right, They divided you guys.
Speaker 1: Now they conquered you guys. So that's what they're doing with America. They're separating everybody there, even staged protests that are going on in colleges.
Speaker 4: All that stuff is being well.
Speaker 3: I feel like even like recently there was the pro Palestinian, the protest gays Regazza.
Speaker 4: That one, no, no, no, it was.
Speaker 3: It was when Yahoo was at the Senate and there was like they were protesting, but the dudes who were like lighting shit on fire were like random white dudes. They were hired who nobody could fucking find on the internet. And there was brown people trying to stop the dude from setting the flag on fire.
Speaker 4: It was easy because they got but how was it The cameras were ready for when the guys set the fucking flag on fire.
Speaker 1: They had more press than than that. And Yahoo thing.
Speaker 3: Exactly crazy booms like you turned on CNN and it's like you see this guy burning this flag.
Speaker 1: But the programming is going on. Not only it was easy for them to get there because the borders were open.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, man, It's it's it's wild. Who are you a fan of?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Obviously you got O T And Drody and Jenny six nine on the album, But is there anybody else and shots of Coyote? Is there anybody else who you're just like, you know, wanting to work with from this newer generation of artists.
Speaker 1: I'm always down to work. I really want to get a record in with I just I just forgot his name. The hottest kid in l A. I just met him not long ago. Lefty No, no, no, thet the real he's really making like moves. He just did a record with U with dres Oh, Roddy Rag Sorry, Rowdy man. I I met him the other day. He's fire and he was surprised that I knew he was.
Speaker 4: I love Rowdy.
Speaker 1: I want to get a record in with him and with Dregs too. Rex Dope to get a record brother, his brother.
Speaker 4: Is popping y. What's this, I forget his name. What's his name, Drex's.
Speaker 1: Brother Negro something.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah no so yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I love Rowdy and I love drugs too. I like their little movement when it comes to hip hop. But my ultimate feature keV is really more r and b Ish, more emcy magic ish, more like shadd is my ultimate.
Speaker 3: That's the one concert if I could my dream concerts to see her live. Of course, I don't know if you ever tour again, but man shot a live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like back in. I want to say two thousand I'm just say twenty fourteen for lack of a better year. She had a concert coming up here in Phoenix. We bought tickets and my wife said, I'm gonna put them away so we don't lose them. She lost the tickets and couldn't find them, and three years, four maybe four years after the concerts, she's like, oh, here's they were my sock drawer.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. How active are you? Obviously you have your son, you have Jay Rocks. How active are you in trying to just bring new music to your label, whether it's a single deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm about quality, not quantity. So I'm not like trying to chase everybody. Not only that. Just like I told you earlier with Jenny, I have a moral meter, you know, if the dudes, if the dudes get getting on the mic and I can't play it for my mom, I can't play it at the family barbecue. Rather not. I'm not starving just to make a little bit of money off of anybody. I'm not a major label, you know. I just rather put quality than quantity. So if somebody really stands out like Jay Rocks did and impresses me, and you know, I might take a chance on that, because it takes a lot to really develop an artist. Artist development is not easy. It takes long branding an artist, learning how to brand and teaching them all these things as well. It's not easy. And everyone comes in with a mindset already. So so you're obviously not going to hear any any street gang rap on my label and it's not going to happen because I don't I don't need to be in that world.
Speaker 4: Not for sure, And it's not it wouldn't be true to what you do.
Speaker 1: It's not true to me. Yeah, you're sure, you know.
Speaker 3: Yo, You've were kind of the I feel like you were going live with your fans. Before going live with your fans was a thing, yes on Facebook. It was on Facebook, yes, And now obviously everybody goes live on indem Yes, So it's like it's like obviously it's like expected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how much.
Speaker 3: Like are you noticing like new because because you go to one of your shows and they'll.
Speaker 4: Be like like a lot of young people there.
Speaker 1: Eighty percent of my crowd are like fourteen to twenty five.
Speaker 3: And so it's it's crazy to think that, like as somebody who's been out for thirty years, right, Yeah, that you're able to still gain these new fans. What are what are the things you're doing? Is it the is it the parents? Is it the social media? Like you know some parents are playing in the car.
Speaker 1: I think it's a combination of that. But of the one of the things that everybody still tells me. Most of my fans, I watch your TikTok every time you go live. Wow, So I tik talk live, TikTok Live. It used to be Facebook, but Facebook got greedy with the audience and they started capping the audience smaller and smaller and smaller. They want you to spend money on them instead of giving you your actual followers. You know, I got one point four million followers on there, and and if I put up a post, I get eight likes.
Speaker 3: No, Facebook's the worst because they want you to they want you to press the ad on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the virality factor is better on TikTok right now. It could change, It could change. And so yeah, my fans catch me on TikTok live and I take phone calls live.
Speaker 4: Which is kind of dope. But radio, Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: Old school radio and they call in and they get so excited.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I died like three hundred times. You picked up.
Speaker 1: That just feels so good.
Speaker 4: You know you got like a separate cell phone line for that.
Speaker 1: I got four lines, four of them. Yeah, I got four lines in my studio and they rotate. Obviously we had just one line. It would get crowded, wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Oh, I bet that's dope. What has been like for you so far?
Speaker 3: Your favorite era of your career because you've done the low Rider shows, when Low Writer shows were crazy, Yeah, all the way up into doing like these newer shows with Basher with them be Riders. Like, what's been kind of like your favorite era of your career?
Speaker 1: My favorite era is when I was starting going from the Swap Meet to getting my first album on right, you know, the coming out the Phex the Lost and Love. That was my favorite artistic era. This is my favorite era now because I'm in full control m So. I went through eras where people were robbing me and making millions off of this and that and dividing my group. It was just so much dividing and conquer a bunch of that. But this is my favorite now because I'm really in the driver's seat and I like that. I like I'm a control freak.
Speaker 4: Call shots.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, are.
Speaker 4: You still doing the makeup and all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I would say, is there is there anything new that you've id to the line? That's yes.
Speaker 1: Before Christmas, Me and Jay Rox have a collapse palette coming that is phenomenal. It's phenomenal. We worked on it so hard. It's taken about a year to develop because of the detailed intricacies. It's not just your average palette. It's a collector's item.
Speaker 4: So you got the makeup, you have us, the Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth. What else is what else? The hoodies go good?
Speaker 1: The beanies go good? What else we got on the website?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: The tumblers, the diamond tumblrs.
Speaker 4: You got the tumblrs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gang bang, they go, they do good.
Speaker 4: I bet hey yo yo ma.
Speaker 1: I mean everybody drinks Starbucks.
Speaker 4: I just get the cup from Starbucks I need to get I do have a tumble.
Speaker 1: Girls like to have their own personal right, you know what I'm saying. For sure, you know you don't want to be like on a straw with nobody else's lips.
Speaker 3: They're going it, you know, what what's something that you know, you and a NBI riders. You guys did the reunion era, which was about it.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was one year a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's twenty nineteen because we're to go into twenty twenty. And then they pulled a plug on us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see them still doing stuff together. I just saw them pop up on my timeline doing a live show with just them two was How was that experience because like you, I know, you guys had had like a bit of a soured relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah past, I mean, you know what, God bless them. Yeah, God bless them. That's all I can say on that. You know, it's it's it's an old era.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying it was you guys hitting the road again together. Did it? Did it? Did it patch anything up? Did it kind of show you?
Speaker 3: Maybe I was I've been on the right path this whole time, just focusing on my own thing.
Speaker 4: Like one of the there's two reasons that I did it.
Speaker 1: Number one is because they kept asking me, man, let's get back together. Let's get back together. It'd be dope if like my family could come to one of our concerts because they hadn't been doing anything for us. So that was one reason I did it, you know, from from Okay you the homies want this, you know. And the other reason is I thought it would take my concert attendance level through the roof, that I'd go from from a twenty five hundred seater to an arena. But they just didn't do that.
Speaker 4: It didn't happen.
Speaker 1: They didn't do that. So we just and and fortunately God stepped in. He threw the pandemic at us and he says, look, look, look you'll find you're you're doing fine by yourself.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened. You guys would never do a single together, was it?
Speaker 1: Never again?
Speaker 4: Never again?
Speaker 1: Never again?
Speaker 4: You're good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good. I mean yeah, yeah, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 3: Has anybody tried to sample your ship that you had to stop because you didn't like it?
Speaker 1: It's funny that you say that, but because usually if they sample it, they'll ask they'll ask me to get on it. So that's an automatic. You know. There's this kid in New Mexico. He did his his version of pretty Girl. It's called uh something about You Uh, featuring his niece singing on the track. He sent it to me and and I was I was happy that they were doing it, and so they had no samples. I gave him a verse and put some talk box on it, and yeah, get just to have it.
Speaker 4: It's a gift. That's a gift.
Speaker 1: I don't need no royalties, I don't even know ride, a credit, nothing have it. So to me, that's that's a better thing to do is just give it a blessing. And you know, because God sees everything.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like I feel it's crazy because I heard that bounce and I was like, Yo, this feels like this feels like a fucking like a real hit, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying. And it's got the talk box on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a that's a that's a good compliment, thank you.
Speaker 3: No, for sure, it's a banger, you know what I'm saying. And like I feel like I feel like the talk box is something that's kind of missing in hip hop now, even on West Coast artist albums. I'm like, man, like, I feel like that's missing, Like ye, like just a little bit of that, like like Troutman love, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Yes, rest in peace, Roger Troutman, my hero. When it comes to the talk box and I was talking to to Coyote. I was talking to Coyote to Guappo, and I was like, man, I think what you guys need is like something similar to Bounce, but a little more, a little more West Coast. Yes, and let's work on that. Let's get that together for you. He goes, I'm down, magic, let's do it. So I want to give them their They're really explosive there, Johnny, Dang, you know.
Speaker 4: I gotta be dope. That'd be dope.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Have you gotten a platinum or gold single? Yeah? I feel like sexy ladies should be gone. I think it is.
Speaker 1: I just don't look into those things.
Speaker 4: You got it, you got it? Yeah, I think it's has to be platinum by now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it probably is. It's probably is. You gotta just I just don't look into it.
Speaker 4: keV, you got to go on that. Ri I a A yeah, I get it certified.
Speaker 1: I just got so much going on, and I have so.
Speaker 3: Many such a big symbol for like not just for your career, but fe like Arizona.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I might look into it, like you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be able to be like, look, guys, I want to plant them independently. I want to plant them independently.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: See, but and you're you're mentioning people that really for my artistic career don't matter to me.
Speaker 4: The fans matter, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think like I think you're like a beacon of hope for a lot of people in Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take that. That's a big compliment too, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think like anytime we always talk about, like even on my show, like we always talk about like who's I'm like, you always got to put magic in the conversation. Like to me, you're the goat of Arizona. Whether or not people want to say, oh so and so wraps better or whatever, whatever, it's like, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Like magic's taking like he's torn right now.
Speaker 1: And that's hard for me because you're talking about rap and I'm not.
Speaker 4: Like like a rapper rap right, But to me, you still.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna get on. I'm gonna like and just ah son No.
Speaker 3: But I just mean in terms of like obviously what you've meant and like you've shown more like you've put more of a light on the city than anybody ever.
Speaker 4: You're still toring.
Speaker 3: There's not another artist out of Arizona's doing one hundred dates a year selling out right.
Speaker 1: Man, that I just take the compliment. I said thank you. I just say thank you. But I'm not looking to go announce that to anybody, right, that's this is not my thing.
Speaker 4: You got to get that plaque.
Speaker 1: Man, It's not my thing.
Speaker 4: It's there. It's any boy. Should we go for placks or what it's it's the plaques exist. I have to by the way, people care, bro, I'm telling you. People are gonna look at that shit and be like, yo, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: This logo was originally made for his brand. Oh shit, it was originally made for his brand.
Speaker 4: And I liked this so much. Like that's the album cover.
Speaker 1: He said, God Bless Northern because that's his brand, God Brest. You know, he grew up on Northern and uh in Seventh Street and Northern out there in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Shot to Seventh Street and Northern. I grew up on fourteenth Avenue in dunlap.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know where the lap is. I know where the lap is. It's sunny slope.
Speaker 1: Yes. So anyway, he's the one that designed this whole thing for his brand and I'm like, let me borrow it, let's do it, let's do a T shirt drop together. And then when they called me from the from the interscope and said you're good to go this Friday, I'm like, we're gonna go. We're just gonna go with this.
Speaker 4: Oh wow. So the album cover and all that really really kind of came together in.
Speaker 3: A week because it felt like it did feel like it kind of came like out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: To be fair, yeah, like I knew you you guys had.
Speaker 3: Those records together because I talked to Ot and his dad a lot. But it did feel like, oh shit, this MC magic album.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, And I want to shout out other artists on the album too. I love discovering artists that are not that popular that have talent and put them on. So this is a little girl named Alondra Santos. She sings on the record with me and Jenny sixty nine on You and Me. And there's also of course Trish Toledo who's been known to sing oldies and stuff. We got a song called Nobody Knows. We got a phenomenal video for that song. Nope, it's phenomenal. And I'm just excited, and I'm excited for people to see Pretty Girl twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yo. I also think you gotta do like a new Magic City album next. You think so Magic City would be part three, right, it would be three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Magic City Part three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey man, I always tell the story, but I've definitely got an early copy of Magic City back in the day and was selling it at the swap.
Speaker 1: I made you some money, cat, yeah, you did well. I was bootlegging two. I just didn't go with the brand.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy, like for people who don't know like you really like legitimately started your career. There's a swabeat in Arizona.
Speaker 3: It's on fortieth Street in Washington, and you.
Speaker 4: Were there every week, was it? Because Wednesday nights were cracking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then Friday, Saturday, Sunday, well, Saturday and Sunday were really in the days.
Speaker 1: Right, Saturday and Sunday were the main days.
Speaker 4: Uh. And then Wednesday night you can go buy a car?
Speaker 1: You right, No, And I started going on Wednesday night that was.
Speaker 4: Like super pist to night for show, Like Wednesday was.
Speaker 1: More Bison, but the Swapman became super Bison for sure. In general. Yeah, yeah, because's where I got myos now brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I haven't been to this. I haven't been to that swap meet probably in like six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a long time. One of the homies that let us use his spot. Shout out to my man Abe on the South Side Tacos. He let us use his spot to do the photo shoot you know some of the photos that we used with the album launch. We took him in South Phoenix at Guesswave and and he's like magic. I got this vision that you come back to the swap Meat and people can go get a take for you, just for one day.
Speaker 4: That'd be fire.
Speaker 1: And my wife said, you know, that's a smart idea.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad idea. Yeah, because you guys have hard copies the album.
Speaker 1: Yet they're on the way. They're on the way, dude.
Speaker 3: You should do that one day. Get the radio stations involved. I don't know if Gio. I forget the name of the lady who used to run the swap me, but she kicked me out.
Speaker 1: At least Nica.
Speaker 3: Monica kicked me out of that motherfucker fifteen times. I used to have to send my parents to get the space and then.
Speaker 4: You can't sell those burn CDs. Bro I literally used to have to send different people to buy the space in the morning under their name. I'd be like, yoyo, go get the space. That's a real hustler. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then even the one in Tucsonic got kicked out Tonki Vertie swapped.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The one that I never got no smoke at was the one on Buckeye, the one on like thirty Fi. They didn't give a fuck over there. You're gonna sell whatever the fuck you wanted over there. That's the real piece of swap meat for sure. The one by Carl Hayden, that's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just knowing to Carl Hayden. Just when you say Carl Hayden, they're like on Roosevelt.
Speaker 3: You know what's so crazy is I just saw recently that a few years ago, I had no idea that this happened, that they made a fucking movie with George Lopez about Carl Hayden High school.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I didn't know that the Underground Water Team or something like that. Yeah, some some sort of robot team or some shit roy under Yeah. I was like, they got a fucking movie about.
Speaker 1: Carl Heyten Hayden High School.
Speaker 4: And George Lopez shout out falcons. She where did you go to high school?
Speaker 1: I started at East High School.
Speaker 4: It doesn't exist anymore. I started at East High School.
Speaker 1: That was my freshman year, and then the government gave my mom a bigger house, but she had to move to Avondale. So then I finished up my sophomore, junior, senior year in Avondale on the far west side.
Speaker 3: So when you were growing up, like grade school, middle school, where were you at?
Speaker 1: I was in the projects at Cofeld, So I went to Hamilton. It's called Hamilton now, but it was called Murphy three back then.
Speaker 4: So what like, what are your crossroads growing up?
Speaker 1: Buckeye and Nineteenth Avenue. Oh, Jesus, Carlito's Market, that's the Funneteenth.
Speaker 3: Still is by, I believe it. Buckeye in nineteenth Avenue hasn't gotten any better.
Speaker 4: I actually don't think anything up and down Nineteenth Avenue's ever gotten better. Businesses that where their clothes bro Nineteenth Avenue as a street in Arizona is just fucking doomed. I don't know what's I think twenty seventh Avenue's overtaking it if you just go up and down twenty seventh, Yeah, twenty seventh is pretty bod Nineteenth Avenue fucked. I don't matter where you're at, you be on nineteen Avenue. You're right, it's fucked up and down done left to baseline, Hey, baseline of seventh Street? What's up? Jesus man? All right? So look, the new album is out. People can go get the merch.
Speaker 3: Hard copies are on the way. I'm assuming you've got tons of shows coming up, and we.
Speaker 1: Got a ton of gang of shows. Just go to mcmagic dot world for all the links.
Speaker 4: What has been the coolest place? Like?
Speaker 3: Have you have you because you have your places you always go, right, has there been a new place you've gone recently where you're like, oh shit, like, uh, we got booked where oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went to Tapa, Florida and it was Banana. I just saw that we went to Tampa, Florida and I lived in Tampa. Yes, yeah, and it was crazy bootleg. Matter of fact that the promoters that wasn't the show that we promoted. The promoter said, we didn't expect this type of turnout, and they told us that last night, not last night, two nights ago. They told us that in Brighton, Colorado, Adams County Fair. They expected five hundred people, We had like ten thousand people.
Speaker 4: What the fuck? Yeah, Tampa's got the worst Mexican food in America. Thanks for the heads up.
Speaker 1: Can.
Speaker 3: I lived there, and I tell you I scratched every single nook and cranny place.
Speaker 1: I'll definitely be going to Jersey Mike's when I get to Tampa.
Speaker 4: Get Cuban food. They got a place called Taco Bus. That is what everyone thinks is good. If you live in Tampa and you asked someone from Tampa, yeah, where's some Mexican food at they were, with the straight face, point you to a taco bell. Damn, I get there's a Taco bell over there.
Speaker 1: Not real Mexican food.
Speaker 3: Do you think Southern California has better Mexican food than Arizona?
Speaker 1: Personally, I'm from Arizona. So I'm gonna I'm gonna go with a Z.
Speaker 4: I go there, I go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Ez.
Speaker 3: I always say by the Fall, I'll always give it to just because San Diego's like right there.
Speaker 1: San Diego's got real good food, but LA's got king Taco Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually, you know what I don't like about La and obviously the outskirts of La they have.
Speaker 4: We don't have a Philibertos. We don't have a twenty four hour Wow. Like I'm telling you, in La, there is not a twenty four hour Mexican place you could pull up and get a carnisarrazy. It does not exist.
Speaker 1: But you know what a lot of that is because there's so many, so many hustling trucks. The food trucks are everywhere.
Speaker 4: But the food trucks are open twenty.
Speaker 1: Four hours, but I've seen them open late.
Speaker 4: They'll be open to about two three am.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: But my whole thing, I'm like, dude and a Z. You can't you fall into a twenty four hour Philipbertos. And like Phillies is by the way, I joy Phillies. He called Philiberto Phillies, but like, hey, you do, got a relationship with them, But I love Phillies. Like the thing is is like it's it's like there's better food for sure, yeah, but it's just dependable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Back when I lived on on on forty third Avenue and Cactus, there was a place called Rolando's. Oh yeah, Rolando's went hard. They had the best toy soak on Wells and Gesso Burrito and the best.
Speaker 3: The best hot dogs are in Arizona. They started in Tucson. Facts. There's that place on twentieth Street in the Indian School. There's a fucking cart. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, that's one o. The hot dogs are definitely definitely an easy.
Speaker 3: I try to tell people because I'll tell them like, yeah, nah, the ship that you when you leave the Crypto dot com arena and there's the ladies with the carts selling the bacon rate wrapped hot dogs and not the same thing. I wish it was, for sure, man. Right with the new album is out, everyone goes support it. Uh mc magic world dot.
Speaker 1: Com mcmagic dot world not dot com world, got world, okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And how often you go live?
Speaker 1: I try to go at least once a week, but when when I have enough free time, I'll do twice a week.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know. Sometimes after after church on Sunday, I'll go live again in the evening. You know, it's a good time. I try to give them as much as possible because they've given me so much.
Speaker 3: I love it, man, mc magic, I appreciate you pulling up buddy. Illove you boy, Yes sir, love you too.
Speaker 4: Man Fire