Speaker 1: It's time with no little all right, Who the fuck is that me? What's the name Jerzy Draan?
Speaker 2: And you are no, I'm not ship, lead me out of it. Blake's Kelly, Kelly.
Speaker 1: What's up y'all? It's your girl lex P And it's Sugarlsrea Nicle and.
Speaker 3: You are tuned in to another episode of Poor Mine Birthday?
Speaker 1: Is she my bad? I supposed to say, we're a drunk mind speaks sober thoughts and we ain't got no gifts today. We ain't got no gifts today. It's my birthday.
Speaker 3: It's it's your birthday. It's your birthday, bad bitch contest you and fire black you and fire Bla you in fire Bla, bad bitch god.
Speaker 1: Birthday are Oh that was a great intro. You know I busted down. You did now you work it down. You didn't play no game, you know what I'm saying. Okay, another another forest season, the.
Speaker 3: Other tourist season. You see, we got the birthday cupcakes. It's your thirty fourth years on this Earth. And if y'all didn't know, April twenty second is also Earth Day, it is. It is Earth Day every year. April twenty second is Earth Day. So you're thirty four years on this Earth. How are you feeling? You just ended your seventy five hard You've done amazing job. Thank you, thirty five days no liquor, working out, you got a six pack now I do looking good?
Speaker 1: How you feeling? I feel great? I feel amazing, Like I feel so unstoppable. I feel so empowered. I was just saying this the other day. I just dropped another blog on my YouTube channel, or not blog but a video, and it was kind of like a life update, and I was just saying how empowered I feel and unstoppable I feel from doing this challenge. So many people when I posted on Instagram like it was my seventy fifth day and I was done, was like, oh, let me see you before and after photos. And I feel like a post my before and after photos, like physically and show people what my body looked like before and then now. But I really feel like it's not like a huge drastic change, just because I already was like an avid gym goer before I started the challenge. But for me, it was more of a mental thing, like it was a mental challenge. Yeah, because not drinking for seventy five days is a lie. Like in my adult life. I'm gonna be honest. The longest I've ever went without drinking is forty days. It was really hard, especially I feel like now our careers and where we're going, we're in a space where we always have to go to events, we always have to mix a mingle, we always have to be social. And I ain't gonna lie. I don't have no friends around me that don't drink. Everybody drinks, So it's definitely a challenge to be in these spaces in places and not succumb to wanting to have a drink. Plus, life be life in we all know life being hard is f uc k a lot of the time, and it's been some things had happened during my seventy five part challenge where I really wanted to go have a dreams but I was like, no, girl, you have a goal, you made a commitment, You're making a sacrifice. And I really am a person who I feel like God rewards you when you be obed, and I feel like God was telling me that this was something that I needed to do and that I needed to stay consistent with. And I'm just very proud of myself because I feel like it just shows a lot of discipline. I feel like that's something that a lot of people don't have one thing about me. I'm a disciplined girl and a resilient girl. I could do whatever I put my mind to. So I'm just really proud of myself that I got through it. And then also physically working out for seventy five days. I ain't never worked out. I have anybody ever worked out for seventy five days straight without taking a break, you know. I feel like that's a big thing. So doing that was a big deal too. And out of the seventy five days, I only didn't meet my ten thousand step goal three songs. Oh you did it? I did not? I tell you did? I said no? No, I only did no. Yeah, but I only didn't meet it three times, and then I made up for it the next day. Yeah. Yeah, But I feel great, good good. It was mentally challenging and I feel way more laser focused. I'm super focused. I feel like it did wonders for my mental health and I feel great. I think it's something everybody should try at least once in their life. So what are your goals for this year?
Speaker 3: My goals for the year, the thirty fourth year, what are your you know, Birthday, New Year, New me goals.
Speaker 1: One of my major goals for myself is just to be more present, I would say, be more present in the moment. I'm a person who I rarely ever pat myself on the back when I accomplish things. And like a lot of my friends tell me this about myself, and they're like, you just always be glazing over accomplishments, like it's a small thing and you be doing big, amazing stuff. I think that I never really take the time out to just be present and just be like, wow, I really did this and live in the moment, because I'm always on to the next thing, Like because I'm not where I want to be in life, where I know my goals are at, and where I see myself being. I think that I'm always just like, Okay, it's cool that I did this, but what's next? Because I got to get to this goal of having this networth or accomplishing this specific task, and I don't take enough time to appreciate the things that I've already done and how far I've came, you know, especially for me to only be thirty four years old, I feel like I have lived a lot of lives and I've done a lot of dope stuff, and I don't really ever just take the time out to smell the flowers and be appreciative of where I'm at. So I would say being more present. And then as far as business goes, of course, like I want to take Poor Mind to the next level, Like I'm hoping that we end up getting a talk show in the next year, which I do feel like is a very attainable goal with every where we're going and everything that we have going on with the business with MWS, I really want to get mused to being a million dollar company, and I feel like I could do that. I just have to be more intentional about, you know, marketing and putting more money into marketing and stuff, because it's already a brand that runs itself, and it runs. It's already a brand that runs itself, y'all. I started Make Drinking today and I feel like you could tell it's already a brand that runs itself and it's doing really well. And I just feel like I just need to be more intentional with it about my goals because if I really put more effort into it and more money into it. It could really be a multi million dollar company because of what it already does without me being super intentional. And yeah, like in my personal life, I just want to have a healthy, happy relationship, and same thing with my friends, Like I just want to have healthy, happy relationships, peaceful relationships. I don't want to drama with people, no weird energy. And I'm very intentional at this point in my life of cutting off any bullshit, anything that I don't like, I'm just not dealing with. And I'm distance myself because I feel like when I was younger, I was way more apprehensive and was a people pleasing Yeah. Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 3: So do you feel like from thirty three to thirty four like your goals last year that you, you know, wanted for the past year.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you did what you were supposed to do. I feel like I exceeded my goals for thirty three, okay for sure. Yeah, like the things that I'm doing, the things that I've accomplished in this last year, because a lot of the goals that I accomplished was stuff that I had on my on my list and things that I wanted to accomplish in life. But I wasn't necessarily thinking that I was going to accomplish it last year. So I feel like God exceeded my expectations of what I thought was going to happen last year. That's amazing. You know. I feel like I agree with you on that.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of times people don't ever stop and smell the flowers for themselves, and you don't want to look up, and you were just always trying to reach something and you never clap for yourself. You know, You've had an amazing You're like I just told you, like, seventy five days of doing anything consistently is hard. Anything consistently, that is what people deem not fun. So you were working out, not drinking, you know what I'm saying. On top of the other things, I know you had probably added to your morning routine and things like that. So I have to clap for you and giving your flowers because the only things I'm doing for seventy five days straight is drinking.
Speaker 1: So that is a feat that not too many people can reach. So I'll applaud you for that. My sister and me, along with the poor crew, we are very proud of you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's something that I think, you know, seventy five hard. Will I try seventy five hard? Probably, maybe I'll do a thirty. Maybe I'll do a ten hard.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like you could do ten. I feel like you have to push yourself. I don't know. I think that I just always been a person where it's like I really like to push myself because I feel like every time I push myself and I challenge myself, God rewards me. On the other side of it, Look, I have a lot of amazing things that have happened to me while I've been doing this challenge and stuff too, Like I done got a new car, a lot of stuff, you know, a lot of good, good gud g grades. It's twenty twenty five is the year of the up grade. We just upgrade. You know. All we doing is livling up, continuously livling up. And I do feel like if you want to live a up in life, you have to make sacrifice. Yeah, you know what I mean. So I'm all about sacrificing for the the greater good. Okay, period, all right, we're gonna get into these topics.
Speaker 3: So speaking of you know, we in our thirties, we are in our thirties, were like deep in our thirties. Now, you know what I'm saying, Like, we're not in our early twenties no more. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, we in our thirties. It's not like, oh, we just turned thirty and we're just trying to figure out things that I like, we're in the thirties. So with this topic today, we're gonna talk about shit that was cute in our.
Speaker 1: Twenties but not anymore.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes I give people a pass for even in their late twenties or their early thirties, because I'm like a lot of shit changed for me when I turned thirty. Yeah, but who I was at thirty is not the same woman that I am at thirty five or even was at thirty four. So I want we don't talk to today about like, shit that was cute in your twenties, But you can't.
Speaker 1: You don't get a slide no more. Okay, you don't get a pass.
Speaker 3: So what's something that you used to do your twenties at honestly kind of made you cringe?
Speaker 1: It's a lot of stuff. Where do I begin? Where do I begin? I did a lot of cringey things in my twenties, for sure, I feel like Number one, some of my fashion choices, some of the stuff that I used to wear, I'll be looking back and I'd be like, you can't believe I wore that, because I think that as you get older, you gotta be like class. Class can't be bought. You know what I mean. You can't buy class. You either have it or you don't. It's something that you can learn, but it can't be bought. And I feel like when I was younger, the type of woman that I know it deep down inside that I always wanted to be, I feel like I didn't present myself in the way that I really wanted to be address And I think they had a lot to do with like wardrobe choices, Like it's just certain stuff. I'd just be like, yeah, I would never wear that now, Like a whole bunch of seed through stuff, a whole bunch of really short stuff with your but hanging out like I don't know, and it's nothing wrong. But if that's certain people style, that's cool. But I think that for me, I just have like a certain life in mind that I want and I think that that just certain aesthetics just doesn't attract the type of people or me, and that I think that I want to attracts okay, the future me.
Speaker 3: I think for me, one thing that I used to do in my twenties that I definitely don't do anymore, because I know I joke a lot, because you know, I like to get my drink on. But honestly, I used to drink every day in my twenties, Like every day. It was like wake up, What a party at? What a happy hour at? Where we going to eat dinner? And where are the drinks at? Like, if I'm being one hundred percent honest, I don't keep liquor in my house anymore. I drink whenever I film h on the weekends, my friends call me, I'm at home, Hey, let me call you back. I'm riting in my journal, or you know, I'm in church on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Like I am not.
Speaker 3: And I wish honestly not saying that you shouldn't drink in your twenties because you're supposed to turn up.
Speaker 1: But I think that I truly probably would be further in life.
Speaker 3: If I wasn't spending every I mean I used to buy a bottle of soroc on a Friday a big bottle, and by Sunday you will be gone between me and my homegirls.
Speaker 1: Like that's the type of drinking I used to do. So I think that shit that was.
Speaker 3: Cute in my twenties was like drinking all day, like being a turn up girl, like being the fun girl. It was cool in my twenties, but being the fun girl in your thirties, Like, there's no benefit of being the fun girl that's outside all the time for me and my goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not saying this.
Speaker 3: For everybody, Like I said, this is no shade, no tea, because there are some fun girls that drink every day in their thirties and maybe that works for you, but for me, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I just all I've always been a binge drinker, Like I've never been a person who drink every day. Like I never been a girl that's gonna drink every single day. But when I do drink, Oh we gonna turn up right right, we gonna take it to the moon, take it to the stars every time. But every day. That never really been my thing. What's something that you feel like was cute in your twenties, It's not cute no more now tie, I feel like the over hustling. Like we always like we're go getters. Yeah, sometimes we're gonna do everything that needs to possible. But now being over thirty, over thirty five, I want to relax. Yeah, I want to nap. I think we talked about this before, but like living a life of luxury, and luxury is waking up when I want to making my breakfast in my fiel, go for a walk, slow morning, a slow morning, taking a nap in the middle after of the afternoon, just those simple pleasantries that we often like as in the twenties was just going and going and going. No, take it easy, relax, enjoy. What's up? Y'all's your girl XP and it's your girl Dray and the call. And y'all know one thing about us.
Speaker 3: We are always talking about getting ahead on your finances and just setting yourself up for a better future. So we're gonna tell y'all about chime dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all, Chime dot com has a new feature called my pay where you can literally get your paycheck up to two days early and you can get five hundred dollars. I'm like that, five hundred dollars two days early. And on top of that, y'all can't forget about the two hundred dollars fee free overdraft that they have.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they also have spot me, so if you need a little cash before you have it on you, they will spot you up to two hundred dollars and they don't charge you interest or any fees for that. So are you gonna do is go to Chime dot com backslash poor minds. It takes two minutes to get your account set up and everything. So if you want some financial freedom or you just need a little help getting ahead, Chime dot com backslash poor minds. Tell them we sent you make progress towards a better financial future with Chime. Open your account in two minutes at Chime dot com backslash poor minds. That's Chime dot com backslash poor minds. Chime feels like progress banks.
Speaker 1: Every Sasoning DEVK car providy by the bank or bank INNA or Stride Banking a members, FBI, c spoptyulgibility requiments and overdraft limits apply Bee's apply and network ATMs my pay elgibility requirement apply. Credit limits range twenty dollars five hundred dollars two dollars FEPLI to get fund instant chime checking account required, but to chime dot com slash. This culture is for details. Yeah, I'm draining a call and I'm lexp and together we are travel points from Charleston to the streets of We're eating good m drinking good here and experiencing the beauty of different cultures. Do it taking me to incredible destinations with a special focus on the black experience. Sue Queen one Glow, Endless Possibility Travel Queens series premiere Wednesday, April twenty thirty eight.
Speaker 3: On d Like a thing on Twitter, and they'd be like, hashtag team most sleep, We're getting it all night, were up, were.
Speaker 1: Working, y'all? Hashtag workflow? Yeah, y'all about the work work flow? Like are we up? And we grinded? Yeah, y'all. It's like, but that's not because I'm all here grinding. Remember that song what's it that DJ? Kellyesh No forever. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Over working yourself is the stupidest shit ever it is. I'm all about working smarter and not harder like that. Over So that was a great point, Ty, and we actually talked about this the other day. Wait, who are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Think about a lot?
Speaker 3: I know, but I hate this and I don't care what y'all say, because I used to do this in my twenties, in my early twenties, and this is embarrassing for me to But I'm being real right now.
Speaker 1: Sleeping in your makeup?
Speaker 3: Oh, and you be thinking you can wake up and maybe like touch it up, and it's okay. I'm telling you right now. As a skincare girly, I love skincare. I'm super into my skincare and a makeup girly, I can tell if your makeup is from yesterday. I don't care how much you freshen it up. I don't care what beauty blender you got, what brushes you got, I don't care if you got Charlotte Tilbury. Uh, Patrick Starr whoever, whatever, Patrick Tall whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I said, Patrick Star. That's a SpongeBob. Y'all know what I am like. Patrick Starr is somebody in the beauty industry. Patrick Starr is SpongeBob is Patrick Now is somebody star who star? Jeffrey Star Jeffrey Yeah, I know it was something we don't talk about him, but we don't. We don't. But I just was trying to remember here was it was a stall Patrick Ta, it's just the birthday episode. I'm the stall. Okay, well, tash your wastop watashi wasta.
Speaker 3: But yeah, sleeping in your makeup is a big no no. So let me tell y'all something. Sleeping in your makeup.
Speaker 1: It ages you. It makes your skin.
Speaker 3: You start to get layers of dead skin because it's trying to protect your skin from that stuff. And then if you keep doing it, you're that dead skin is gonna be hard to get off. So eventually you're gonna have to like laser it to get off, and a lot of people can't afford laser. Sleeping in your makeup literally will age you. And it always looks dirty. It looks dirty as fuck. There'd be some makeup pictures. I look at myself when I was younger, and I could tell, bitch, that's old makeup. I used to sleep in my because you gotta realize though, but I'm I'm not making excuses, but I used to.
Speaker 1: This is the grind shit.
Speaker 3: I used to have to go to school, So I used to go to school in like the afternoon evening, I would get out of school. By the time I get out of school, go home, maybe do a little homework.
Speaker 1: Then I will have to go to Dreams. I'll have to go to Dreams.
Speaker 3: I will be there till about five six in the morning, go home, maybe get a little two hours of sleep.
Speaker 1: Then I had to be at TGI Fridays. Then I got to be there.
Speaker 3: We would open on the weekends at ten o'clock eleven o'clock. For real, I'm telling you, I used to go to school and working two jobs. So I used to be like, oh, I can just freshen up my makeup. And then I didn't understand the beauty of no makeup. We didn't have no makeup looks.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 3: This was when it was blend eyeshadow had to be bright orange, pink, blue, brows like.
Speaker 1: And I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 3: Era because that's how I really learned how to do my makeup. So but it wasn't an era where little light Mascarra light concealer and lip blost and go. It was never giving that. I used to work in the club, baby, And I'm talking about the club at its peak era where you sitting there at work on a Wednesday night and young Jeezy walk in. So yeah, bitch, I used to sleep in my makeup because I used to be like, Okay, do you do you want to get some rest or do you want to like stay up and re wash your face?
Speaker 1: And because it used to take me like an hour, hour and a half to.
Speaker 3: Do my makeup realistically, So yeah, I used to definitely sleep in my makeup. And at that time it worked for the time because people, let's do my makeup.
Speaker 1: Let your face so beet. But looking back, I was like this, you look dirty. You look dirty. But honestly, in twenty twenty five, I still see some girls doing that. I still need some sleeping. Believable to me, I just cannot believe time. Yeah, Tequila, this is unbelievable to me. Literally, I cannot believe that y'all are not washing y'all face every day. Yep, yep, yep. You have to wipe that makeup off. I'm gonna white yr poores. You're gonna end up getting black heads. And because when I was younger, I was I really started getting into makeup when I got older, Like I feel like when I got into like what my like me to late twenties, I started really trying of getting into makeup. So, like when I was in my early twenties, I used to be washing my face every day, but I used to say, it's the norm.
Speaker 2: No, girl.
Speaker 1: When we was at Dreams, I'm telling you, we used to literally like, no, that's crazy. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think the life cyeah we lived working at Dreams, cause, like I said, Dreams was like the popping strip club.
Speaker 1: If you was not, they're living it you.
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain because like it was me, Jazz my girl here. We literally used to leave the club six seven o'clock in the morning. We would always go stay at one of our apartments. Whoever was closest and whoever wasn't drunk they could drive, And like I said, by the time I laid my head down, I had to get back up because.
Speaker 1: I was in school and I had another job. So, like I said, I used to have to decide, do.
Speaker 3: You want to wash your face and go to work with no makeup on, or do you want to get some rest. I'm twenty three years old, I'm going to sleep, bitch. Like I said, It's not something I'm like, oh yeah, that's what the bitch, that's what the fuck it was. And we wasn't living in a time.
Speaker 1: Where you know, cute, but you're so cute without making years old.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that though, cause twenty three year old me didn't see that. I didn't see girls showing up to the club with no makeup on, with little gloss on, looking cute. We saw that us with the middle Park bust down with the flashes on. That's what we saw. So we had to look like that. Because this was the era of the girls. The bartenders had to start looking like the dancers.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't lived that era. Y'all got to bartend before that or after that. You have to be a bad bitch to bar tend, So I got to compete with a bitch you got a spaghetti thone in ass and the bartenders is still like that. I think it's worse now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's worse now, but beginning era that so it was a lot more pressure. Like I said, nowadays, if you cut you cute.
Speaker 1: Because I used to be going to work no make up. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Y'all gonna get this natural phase.
Speaker 3: By the time, like when I moved to Atlanta, and like I was still kind of working in the club. Oh yeah, it was, I'm showing up. I can do a little lash, yeah, a little. But when I was twenty three, that was what that was twelve years ago, twelve thirteen years ago, maybe it was a different time.
Speaker 1: It was okay. So for me, I would definitely say being out all night and then getting up early, that's one that was cute back then. But I just can't do it now. I'd be so grumpy if I don't get at least seven hours of sleep, like I need at least a good semi. I'd be so grumpy. And you could tell like I'm not trying to be here, which well I take that bag. You can't tell. But I just know myself and I feel like my temperament be a little off when I haven't got enough sleep. I think I do my best to see it'll be nice and pleasant, but I need my sleep. I can't do it. But when I was younger, I'm talking about be out till six in the morning, go to the club, go to the strip club, go to the after hours, creeping in when the sun coming up, and then gotta be at work. At eight o'clock. That's how I used to be living. I can't do it no more, I really cannot. I love to be in my bed, tucked in Getting Rid of bed Time story by TMPM. Yeah I agree. I think being a homebody is okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah in your twenties, like people make saying, are you always gonna be at home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's peaceful there. I'm safe there in your twenties, though, I do, I feel like that's a little you know, you're supposed to be outside and having fun.
Speaker 3: Up about balance, Like I said, if I could go back to my twenties, I would be just a little bit more focused. Cause if I was focused in my twenties, I am now I'll be a millionaire by now.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But there's people who was but to to be the devil's advocate. It's people who was focused in a twenties and a stool our meanionaires. If that makes you feel better, don't it should? Because they was real focused, then they still not really doing it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it happens, Yeah, I guess. I just feel like I should have had more balance in my twenties, Oh for sure, because if you was out every night.
Speaker 1: You definitely I wasn't working, because, mind you, I work at the club, so you would think on my days off, I would take a day off because I'm already baby.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like, oh I don't work, somebody, I'm going out. That's why I say I was living a wild life. But I also think that was our culture too, right when I was in college. It was all the way turned up, swag service like all of that stuff that.
Speaker 1: Was roside life, all my not making come on. Like we were in the in the club cleaning bottles together like that, we was leaking. We was wasted. Yeah, white, I'm wasted. She wasted. Man. The times now people are little type jeans like the white boys. Yes, man. People are a little more cognizant on what they're putting in their body there in public. Yeah. The new generation is more into drugs and other things, not necessarily getting lit and turned up like we were, because you know, they be into dying what they do. Yeah, oh lord, and have mercy. They be doing all the drugs and ship all the stuffs and nobody got time to see. We we love some good old here the sea. Back in my day, a little four loco that's where we was gonna take it. Maybe maybe even a little molly if you're feeling frisky that night. But I'll be taking these too far. Y'all be taking me too yeah, because I'm not even gonna lie. I grew up with the white boys you did. Yeah, like we used to be drunk.
Speaker 3: But like the drug scene, Like, I'm not gonna lie the coke, yeah, but I'm not gonna lie. I'm not saying that coke is normal. But coke, that's they used to do that. And what's that club called in New York?
Speaker 1: What was fifty four? Like that? That's an old school drug. No, yeah, coke was like the drug of the seventies, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But y'all the ship that y'all doing now, like it's a little different. They got some names I ain't never heard of, and ship like that, y'all have some different types.
Speaker 1: The kids be willing, and they do it in public. It used to be at nowadays on stream. Yeah, bitch what back in the day, she right, though, they would do it in private. The only way people would know you come out.
Speaker 3: You got a little oh my, no listen, because that was being like when the when the that girl started doing it, it was like, oh my god. So when we used to be at dreams, like it was like, oh, let me look out for you type shit, like it was so.
Speaker 1: Down low because it was like, oh my god. Yes, it was like, oh my god. It was. It was such a big deal. But nowadays it's like, oh, you gotta peel bitch, yeah, because you got And they looked me like that too, Oh you gotta pell you what you got that thing on you? And they'd be like they'd be doing it on the open like maybe we was ladies back ladies. We were late and I'm not gonna lie. Personally, I was always too afraid to try coke, Like I just was always scared of what it would do to me. So I never tried it. But I did, you know, I popped a little little molly popped popped up. I'm wating. But it was the influence.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was. It wasn't We probably shouldn't have said that on the show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a life though, but we're living. But we're teaching y'all that this is not something I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Did I'm out here now, probably look, yeah I did, but I didn't do it no more. But I'm telling you every knew the way over there looking shocked. I knew. I just wasn't gonna say it because I don't have nothing to be a shrap out.
Speaker 3: But I say that to say it wasn't like something I continuously did, because let me tell you, the people that continuously do it, they not doing this right now. I got my shit together. I literally I was like, I'm not like I said to this day. I don't drink every day. I don't go out every day. I knew that that environment that I was in because let me tell you, I took some time off from dreams and I started I got a regular job, and then I had to go back. And when I went back, I said, I cannot do this. This is not where I want to be. That fun fast lifestyle is something that was a short period of my life and I'm glad I lived it, but I knew I don't want.
Speaker 1: To be like y'all.
Speaker 3: There was nobody in that club that I was looking at like, wow, girl, you made it, you did that.
Speaker 1: You ate that. It was nobody. I didn't have nobody to look up to. It was like, oh my god, you did it. You made it out.
Speaker 3: It's a few girls that were working in the strip club that I see now that are doing well for themselves.
Speaker 1: So when I say few, I'm talking like one or two. That's what I was gonna say, because that's all I could think. Good were talking about the club. You was it?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can literally think of two women that I that were dancers or bartenders or anything that are doing well for themselves.
Speaker 1: That's sick. And it was hundreds of them there, and they was fine, beautiful girls.
Speaker 3: Beautiful that don't matter if you don't got your head on straight. And that's one thing I can say. I thank the club for teaching.
Speaker 1: Me what not to do. Oh for sure. I always say that too, though, But I think that was always a goal that I had for myself, even looking back to like when you moved to Atlanta. I remember I used to tell you all the time. I used to be like, Licks, I'm not gonna be thirty working in the club. You did say that. I used to always say that. I used to be like, I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do. I don't know what I need to figure but I'm gonna figure out something because I cannot be thirty years old still working in the club. And again, it's not no shade to the women who are there who are still working, because sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. People be having situations, they be having children. You gotta put food on the table for your kids. You have to do what you have to do. But for me, it was just something that I just knew I didn't want to be a part of because it's just so hard to not get caught up in it. That's it's all about, with that fast money. Like you, before you realize it, it'll be five six years you don't have been working at the same club, and you don't got so used to making that fast money. And because you're making it so fast and you know you're gonna make it every week, you're not investing, you're not saving, you just blowing money fast. Literally. I think you just thought I was big, meaning I definitely thought I was Larry Hoovery.
Speaker 3: You could not tell me, Okay, I'm this is funny. Now we can laugh at it now. I showed a weekend y'all All Star Weekend. I think I made like I don't know, like seven thousand dollars and I'm just like, and that was in like one night though, and I'm just thinking, like, I'm on.
Speaker 1: Top of the world. I thought I was unstoppable. I had seven thousand dollars in my pocket. I'm like twenty five, bitch, Like I'm thinking, I like it.
Speaker 3: This was the weekend Taana Taylor dropped them Adida shoes. Do y'all remember what she had that gold them golden black baby. I went to the mall, I had them holes. I had a friend that worked at her. They had them on the side for me.
Speaker 1: I passed.
Speaker 3: I'm walking past the line, me and Jazz, my friend, my bartender, and we like, yeah, we dropped like we really thought we was cool. That's what I'm saying. So Cau Sierra wasn't there because she was still sleep. I was like, oh, I got Kiera shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and night and work Taylor drops bitch. We thought we was egg Yeah. I thought y'all was holy. But I'm saying, what a simple time though. Used to be so excited, y'all. Y'all were so excited about them. Tell on the tailor shoes. These days, if you ain't pulling up to the club with your Chanelle sneakers on. You ain't doing nothing, no, not even the Chanell snickers. Because did you pull up in the rosewors or not? Did you pull up in a rosworse? Did you put up in a g wes If you did any bitch, if you pulled up in a shame on you girl. They even still make prices. Yeah, yeah, because I oh, I remember, I used to want a prize so bad. That's what I'm saying, A simple time to cool because oh my god, I wanted to PRIs so bad. I was in my twenties because I just thought it was so cool. And I say all the saying made that song and he did pre season. I was like, what's wrong? He said on twenty three years old? And I ain't riding in the priest And after that I didn't want one. I was like, you got shame not the Prince. But I found that to say even if you.
Speaker 3: And I'm not trying to talk, we're not trying to talk down on people who are in the thirties working in the club.
Speaker 1: I think it's all about but mentality that you should you should. The goal should be to get the money to invest it or to do something else with it so that you're not thirty in the club. It's not nothing wrong if you are, but I personally just that's not ideal. Being thirty in the club is not a life plan. That's not where you should be in my opinion. It's okay if you are there, but I feel like, if you have been doing this for five six years already, you should be at the club. After year five, I was gonna say, you're three, you a five, you should be at the club. You gotta in the club. It's not how it even used to, not at all. The niggas is not Big Meets or Larry Hoover, no more big Meats.
Speaker 3: You got out and he been chilling. He don't even like how the club scene look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't the same. The street dry streets is dry people you niggas just But I will say people.
Speaker 3: Are trying to figure out how to get the legal money because we've realized it's no longevity in that.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you. I thought for a while, I was like, being a bartender, is it you wanted a trapper? What I was like, I'm finna find my nigga.
Speaker 3: I'm finna be like d bartender, because you gotta realize that was a time where the Vegas was popping, and it was like, if you can make it to Vegas and bartend, it's a career out there. I'm like, they're clearing six figures a year. I was like, I can do that because not only am I fine and I know how to work in the club scene, I can actually make drinks.
Speaker 1: So even with that, I still had a bigger vision. But it's like, girl, get your old ass out the club.
Speaker 3: When I moved to Atlanta and I turned thirty, I said I and they gave me an outfit to where I said, hey, I'm gonna have to go when they try to give me the little spandex outfit, I said, hey, this was my last night work and I said, hey, you know what, it has been a fun time.
Speaker 1: I said, I can't do this. That was probably my favorite thing though, But like I feel like you could dress up and be cute and like, couldn't nobody judge you for it? Because alady I did that.
Speaker 3: We did that at Dreams, like we used to wear I used to be behind the bar, I used to be in the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember you. I used to see you. I remember when me and Lex versus became friends. I was like, oh, I didn't seen you before. I used to see you all the time mixed up. I used to be like, I guess she didnt used to love she was the love cover to the bar. Give her her shrink. No, that wasn't until we became friends. I'm talking about once all before before. See I don't remember that because I used to be like, Okay, I see you your little I remember you with the Medda's fool. That's why I said I remember what the fuck? Oh? I was like, okay, Lex feed I had all the local raw first, all the local rappers. I'm not gonna lie to y'all. Dreams was really like, that's a that's one. But that's what I'm saying. That's one of the things about getting older where it's just like I do feel bad for the use they need to experience it in our dreams. Close Baby. I got woken up on a random Monday morning.
Speaker 3: By my boss and said, get dressed, get every get the girls together.
Speaker 1: We got something happening, like Baby. We went in there. It was Drake and like all like his friends, and it was like four or five dancers and just us and it was a time bitch, like we couldn't bring our phones in. But it's like if I said this, they'd be like, you're making that up. No I'm not. But if you knew dreams, this is what we used to do. I mean, and people have to understand, like back in the day, I feel like it was easier to be around celebrities because everybody wasn't like recording and everybody didn't have.
Speaker 3: That from time Drake said right here, yeah, Eric Recipeto Soo was DJing, yeah, and nobody was.
Speaker 1: Doing none of this because we wasn't worried about that because that wasn't the thing to do back in because I was trying to get us one. That's when I mean, we were trying to get us one, but we was also working. I was really trying to get our money, Like you're not worried about because it is before you could get popular from cloud from recording people and some in a blog picking it up. Blogs wasn't even looking at that type of stuff. Back in the day, they was posting real celebrities.
Speaker 3: I forgot his name. We used to have him a name one of my old bays, but that was not. I met him that night that Drake was at the club.
Speaker 1: Time. What a time. We really used to be having a good time. No cameras, everybody was having a good time. Everybody was getting lit turned up. You wasn't worried about trying to get posty and it was just great. Now they be taking your phone, they'd be putting what they got their little ship that they put your phone. You could keep it phone on you, but you gotta have it locked. Like, what type of shit is dad? What's that man name that was on the BMF show? What mean? Not little me? Not little me? Who was his? The dude? The Vinci child, Davin She she had a comedy show.
Speaker 3: We go to the comedy show. He made everybody lock their phones up. And don't get me wrong, the show was good. But we didn't have to lock our phones up for that.
Speaker 1: It was straight no. We could have left our phones out for that one, big bro. No. So I went to I went to Dave chappelle comedy show in Houston two years ago, and he made everybody lock they phone up too. But that's what I was gonna say to me. No matter who it is, I understand because it's like if you have content, or you have jokes or whatever, it may be that you don't want to be out yet or you want people to actually pay to be able to see the show. It makes sense to me why people provide that service that they shows because they don't want their content getting leaked early.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's more so about people editing content to make something that they said and twisting their words.
Speaker 1: Because I'm not gonna lie. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: If you record a poor Mind's I might tell the joke again, or I may deliver it in a different type of way. We have a different crowd every night, so we interact with our crowd. Yeah, those two poor mind shows are the same. But with Dave Chappelle Kevin Hart, people like that, it's a little different. The only reason I said about Da Vinci because I think it was more and so of he gets very wrong with his shows, So I think it was more so like he don't want somebody to record something and they try to like twist it and make it seem like he was trying to say something that he wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think he'd be a little bit of both. I think sometimes they just want to be able to publicize their content the way that they want to, monetized it the way that they want to. You can control the narrative that way, they just gonna be wanted out. But I don't see anything wrong with that because we live in an era where people are constantly recording everything. Like you know, if you have a show nine times out of teen and he's gonna end up on the Shade Room or he's not end up on Neighborhood Talk on one of those websites before you post anything, because it's gonna be thousands of people in the crowd that's recording something that people didn't have to worry about ten fifteen years ago. You know, now what a time it was. Really, I stayed all the time. I got a video. I have a photo, not a video. I have a photo in my phone of Beyonce. We were at the club together. We didn't come to get there, but you can say y'all did live, y'all. I don't know, y'all was not there. It was ten years ago. And I was literally like she was right there and I was right here, and I took a photo and I still have it in my phone because this is back in the day when people was in the club not recording stuff. We was at Griffin in New York. It was all star wee here in twenty fifteen, and me and my best friend Jordan were solid because we was like, is that Beyonce and she was? She used to be outside? She did, and I could say I was outside too.
Speaker 3: I remember the time whch y'all can go out on the era Like I said, I used to work in the era where Kim Kardashian used to host clubs.
Speaker 1: This is the old Beaches episode that Gonna be Lady the Host all Beyonce crazy.
Speaker 3: I was outside when Kim Kardashian was outside because I remember at one point, like the clubs in Houston was trying to book her but they couldn't afford it because she was texting like at that time it was like a hundred K. But she used to always be at the clubs in Vegas and that's why we used to be like, Oh my gosh, imagine bartending a party that Kim Kardashian is host and you know that chick finna be crazy. So yeah, we was outside during the time where the the IT girls was really outside, like we had the It girls. Lady go Got used to be performing in the clubs during this time.
Speaker 1: With Lady Got.
Speaker 3: No, I've never been in the club with her, but during this time, Lady Gotta was in the malls, performing in the clubs, performing.
Speaker 1: Like the gay clubs.
Speaker 3: She was there, I know she was outside like I lived in era. We was at the club when they premiered. Sorry, I got excited when Fattie Wap and Drake's don't drop.
Speaker 1: All I gotta do is cut my mind to his ship.
Speaker 3: They Drake said that ship to DJ Eric and he premiered that ship at.
Speaker 1: The club like we were at the time. That was when you what what else? That what a time to be a lot with some limes U.
Speaker 3: They revealed that Drake in Future was coming out with a collap album and they played that album.
Speaker 1: He was in the club when it happened. It was wild, Thank you and that's actually one of my favorite albums ever. What is time We Got Live is the massive with the world premiere premiere. We got that with the world premiere. Let's take our shade. Oh lord, yeah, you turn up, she said she before we take that trying to get white girl wasted. This is what I have to say about Big Lex p Okay, come on, gonna lie, And in junior high high school volleyball, I was cold.
Speaker 3: My jersey's still up in the gym class clown, been that girl.
Speaker 1: In college, I.
Speaker 3: Did my fucking thing. I had a show on TSU network. I used to do the radio, and I worked at the most popping club. Now I got Poor Minds, the number one podcast in with the girls. I've been that bitch for a very fucking long time, and it's hard to be relevant as long as I have been.
Speaker 1: So cheers to that. Cheers. That's how I be feeling. I don't want to go down my resume though, because I feel like I don't. I think that'd be like the Earth signing me. You know, I think I'm getting to a point to where I'm a little googleaboo. Come on, big Google, come on, Big Google. Typ what are we drinking today? But yeah? Because oh, but I feel like I've lived so many different lives, like from high school to college, to my early twenties to me moving to Atlanta that was a whole another era, and then now in my thirties, and I feel like my thirties have been some of the most amazing years of my life, like so much abundance, so much growth, so many blessings, and so much annointing from God. Like I'm just super grateful. Got it? Amazing? He really is? Oh yes, soonerful. Well we drinking sease? Okay, girl, We're gonna call this one thirty glow. I wrote something special for my girl, Drea. I did rex please, I want you to. Let's get them tears. Let's get them thirties flow leg big lexp. You need to calm down today, all right, So thirty glow. It's a sparkling celebration of brilliant beauty and boldness. This cocktail is as unforgettable as the woman it honors. The floral notes of Saint Germain or elderflower LaCour capture her grace and magnetic energy, sweet layered and always leaving you wanting more. A touch of lemon adds the perfect balance, symbolizing her sharp wit and honesty that always cuts through with clarity. The vibrant Uzu puret reflects Drea's zest for life and her ability to bring a refreshing twist to any situation. A splash of Moete champagne represents her elegance, effervescence, and the way she naturally elevates every room she walks into. Then we garnish it with a candied lemon and a sprig of mint. It's a nod to her charm and cool, confidence, sugar, spice and everything nice. This is more than a cocktail. This is my last part. This is more than a cocktail. It's a toast to Drea's glow, growth and greatness. Cheers to another fabulous here. Oh Tarth size is the one I tell I know that's fucking right because it bit you know what infraveces me. I was gonna she felt the spelling bee. It's okay, though, but no, that was really so sweet And I love everything that you said. I love when people call me weedy because that's how I always describe myself, Like that's how I describe my humor. I feel like I'm very weedy. Yeah, you are silent sniper? Period? Is I like that American sniper? Yeah? I think that that's like a really everything that she said, I feel like that really kind of embodies who I am. And it's so dope when you feel like you're around people because for you to write that and I feel like that really describes me. They feel like it makes you feel like, wow, people really be paying attention. People really like. It's good when people can really see you, don't go. I know that somebody who loves me that drinks of What's up y'all is your girl XP and it's your girls or in a call. And right now we are telling y'all how to get your business online integrated with everything to make it easy for your consumers to get all of your content and products. Yes, y'all, I love squarespace because they use design intelligence, which is AI technology and it's cutting edge. And I also love that they have so many different payment options that you can choose from, like Clarinet, after Pay, Apple Pay and more.
Speaker 3: Yes, they make it a one stop shop for all of your social media and multimedia accounts, so you can put your Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, whatever you need is gonna be in one place. And also you can monetize all of your content. So if you're selling courses, books, whatever you need, Squarespace is gonna hook you up. So are you gonna do is go to squarespace dot com, backslash poor minds and get ten percent off of your first purchase of a domain or a website that squarespace dot com backslash poor minds. Check out squarespace dot com for a free trial and when you're ready to launch www dot squarespace dot com backslash poor minds to save ten percent off of your first purchase of a website or domain.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all. It's sugarl Drea Nicole and it's that time of year again. Yes, it's my birthday. It's tourist season, so I'm having a sell on musbeubcollection dot com twenty percent off of the entire site, and we also have a Birthday Collection tab where everything is already marked down so you don't need a code for anything. Twenty percent off of the entire site and Birthday Collection, no code needy. From April eighteenth until midnight on April twenty second, make sure y'all shop. We have all of the new products. We have the jelly blushes, we have the Matt liquid lipsticks, we have the lip plumper, we have the mascara and the liquid eyeliner. Right now shop Musbautycollection dot com and get everything you need.
Speaker 3: Love y'all, y'all, but no I'm saying a testament to what you were saying.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: It's so oh good when people really see you, like they can get past the hooplah and what.
Speaker 1: Everybody, but they really see you and who you are, Oh for sure. But I think that it's easy to see that about us or whatever you're like. Why, I like it's easy to see that about me. I do like people that are around us on a daily basis. I don't be giving a damn, no disrespects, but I don't be really giving a damn with people who like watch the show who have never met me in real life think about me. It's always about the people that are around me and really feel my energy and can like see my spirit and really get to know me for who I am in my core. I don't think it's hard for people that are around me and get to know me to tell who I really am. I think that maybe for people on the outside looking in, because you're not able to really witness the energy, you're not able to have like conversations with me, you're just watching me from a TV screen or whatever. But I don't know. I think it's definitely different and when people are around you that can feel your or if you have like a magnetic energy, they could really No, yeah, I agree with that. I was That's what I was saying.
Speaker 3: I was like, I think a lot of times people misjudge both of us just from watching, but you're right, but they don't know us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the people that are around us can really you know, they can pick up on who we really are, and like, since our real personalities, since if we being fake, since it's like we really giving off who we say we are. Because I think a lot of the time people try to say that they one way, but when you around people, they can't fake the phone. You're gonna pick up on what's real, you know what I mean. And I think a lot of the time people get away with that because it's easy to portray ourselfs a certain way online, but when people are around you, they gonna sensey, you can't fake the phone. So yeah, so now it's time to get into topic number two. Does your relationship with your body change as you get older?
Speaker 3: Ooh, this is interesting. I think it does, and I think it also has to. And I'm talking from a perspective of thinking of you just being a little girl to your body changing to being you know a woman.
Speaker 1: You know, we're in our mid thirties.
Speaker 3: Now, your relationship with your body absolutely has to change. You have to change how you view yourself and understand that things change.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't eat how I used to eat when I was sixteen.
Speaker 3: But I also have to understand that it's okay to have a jelly roll, or it's okay to have textured skin, It's okay to have stretch marks, it's okay to have cellulite.
Speaker 1: I think that in our younger years.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're fifteen, sixteen, baby, body was tight, body.
Speaker 1: Was smooth, flawless. In my twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could go to sleep with my makeup on and wake up and then when I did wash my face, skin was still clear.
Speaker 1: Because I was twenty three. You could, but you shouldn't. I shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that I should have, but I'm saying, thirty five year old, if I would sleeping my makeup today, which I haven't done in years, but if I did that today, baby, I'm waking up with a pimple.
Speaker 1: I'm waking up my nose bumpy as fuck.
Speaker 3: Right, everything just suggested I can't do that now, So I think your relationship with your body, it has to change as you age, because if it doesn't, you're gonna lose your confidence.
Speaker 1: I just think aging is such a beautiful thing, and I can't believe that at one point in my life it was something that I really was like so terrified of and ran from. It's really a beautiful thing. Like, Yeah, you're gonna have those changes, but you have to embrace them because you only get one body, and the thing about your body is you can always make it better. You could put more effort into taking care of yourself, being more healthy, like the foods you consume, what you're actually putting into your body, and then also working out, taking better care of your body physically, taking better care of your mental, your mind, reading books, meditating, just you have to put pride in value into yourself, because I think that's something too. As you get older, you do realize like I'm gonna be me regardless, I'm only gonna ever get to be myself. I'm never gonna be able to be anybody else, So I need to put my all into making myself a better version of myself. I think certain changes with my body that I've noticed as I've gotten older, like child dimples, cell you like in places that it should not be, stretch marks in places that it should not be. And I used to always stand. When I was younger, I had it moss, and I feel like, but I don't have none. I have one, but it'd be getting bigger. I have one right here, and it was so little when I was I mean, it's still kind of little, but I feel like it's bigger. I know I saw that too, but it's okay. I'm gonna get it burned off. Don't worry. Why what you mean? But why it's not ugly? That's what I'm saying. If it it's bigger, if it continues to grow, it will be gone. If it stays this, if it stays decides, it's fine. I don't know. It's just something about it. I don't like this. It's not for me. It's it's beautiful on y'all. It's beautiful on y'all love it, magnifiqu on me. No, thank you, she said, y'all that movie Death becomes hard and they're like, hey, you know that is arrey. Oh my No, I don't hate getting older. I hate this is this contact you said, right, we need to do a black version of death becomes hard with me and you.
Speaker 2: Death becomes fan.
Speaker 1: But I feel like I don't hate getting older, like I feel like I get fine as fucked, like I just get finer and finer every year. I don't hate it. It's just certain things that come with being older that I just be like, you will get this away from me, and that's one of them. Thank god. No, I don't now. I did find one on my cuci one time, though, but not on my head, on my other on my you're not getting enough sex or usually you had a maybe that's what it is. Said. Thing is it had a hair. I seen it and I pulled it. I plucked it and I said, I rebuke. But guess what, it didn't grow back. So that was the one time I seen a gray hair. But I don't have any gray hairs in my head. Knock on wood. I feel like I'm a gray late though, to be honest, because you know, everything is about genetics, and when I think about my family, like my mom and all her siblings and he started getting gray hairs to like they was like an a fifties and sea. So I think I'm a gray late.
Speaker 3: I just feel like the relationship with your body. Like I said, I think we need to give ourselves grace as women.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all are fans of this show that comes on HBO is called White Lotus.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 3: Did you watch this last season? Okay, so White Lotus. I love this guy, Walton get Goggins. He's a character on White Lotus. He is the older guy with a younger girlfriend and he is hilarious. If y'all google his name, y'all will know who he is. So anyways, on the show, he has like a receding.
Speaker 1: Hairline and a patch and a patch right, And.
Speaker 3: They wrote an article I want to say, maybe in Cosmo or someone people magazine that were like, oh, receding hairlines are hot now check out Walton Goggins and White Lotus. And I'm just like, it's so crazy because they did this a couple of years ago with the.
Speaker 1: Dad bod of men who have bellies.
Speaker 3: We will change what the beauty standard is to fit what a white man looks like. But when it comes to women, white, black, Mexican, whatever, we gotta have a twenty three inch away forty inch hips, no cell you like no stress, smarks, no wrinkles. We gotta put boat tops, we gotta plump up the lips. We gotta make sure we got all our edges. Oh my god, you know what I'm saying. The beauty stead are never changes for us.
Speaker 1: And speaking of I have a botox appointment tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I need to hit mine up too because mine getting a little yeah, I said before the premiere, Yeah, I need It's right you, I do need a little reup myself.
Speaker 1: Don't hit right before that.
Speaker 3: Because you know, because comments, let's stop touching your face. I haven't seen Helen in a year and a half, bitch, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: So any time for my reup.
Speaker 3: Be in the comments. Time my legs stop touching your face. I'm like, I haven't gotten anything done in a year and a half.
Speaker 1: Like literally, probably they just be looking at old episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because leave me alone. Because baby face card it rare does not decline.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, but anyways, but again, like I said, your relationship with your body does have to change, because your body is going to change.
Speaker 1: It's natural. You gonna gain weight, you gonna lose weight. Like it's okay.
Speaker 3: And like I said, the media and social media is easier on men than it is on us. Cause, like I said, I love him, but who wants to receive in hairline?
Speaker 1: Not me? Just go bald. Yeah, his this haircut is crazy, and that's get it's like long, it's long. It's receiving. I want to see the photo. But he doesn't really wear this in real life? Does he wear it in real life? That's how we look on this picture. It does look like this on this picture, but this is how it is on the show.
Speaker 3: And mind you, he's hilarious. He's really fucking funny. Oh wait, I need to see the image of him on white lotus. I'm trying to show her the white Lotus picture. Okay, here it goes. Here's how he looks on white lotus. It's way back there and it's a ball spot in the bag. But mind you, he's an amazing actor. And I feel like the people, we're not here for the way you look. We are here for your talent, and he is one of them. He was in The Hateful Eight. If you are a fan of he was in Django. If you are a fan of what's his name, Quinton Tarantino, y'all know, I love me some Quentin Tarantino. Quentin loves him down, but he's been in a lot of movies. He's an A list actor. He's actually really fucking hilarious. But I just think it's so funny because since when is receiving hairlines attractive? What are we talking about here? So yeah, people will change their views on stuff. You should change your views on yourself. Be confident. You get this body, this is what you're in.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like confidence in your thirties is more about what you look like or how you feel.
Speaker 3: I think it's a mixture of both, because you gotta I hate this, it's a little gray area, but you gotta look good to feel good, if I'm being honest. But that's why I agree with you. You think so, Yeah, because I got in the gym like I used to. I used to be like like I said, I played volleyball year round, and till like when I got to college, I just started to get into more media stuff, so I really stopped going to the gym. I didn't start getting back into the gym till like a year ago. Two years I've been in like the gym and like I work out and now how I feel about my body like, okay, I go to the gym. I know what the gym does to my body. I'm like, okay, so this is what my body looks like. I'm been laid on the table. I done worked out and done dited, I done ate everything.
Speaker 1: This is what my body is.
Speaker 3: So it's like you come with that acceptance and I'm like, bitchy'all look good though. Yeah I'm thirty five years old and I look like this.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I look good.
Speaker 3: But it also comes with I do take care of myself. I drink a lot of fucking water. I don't drink every day. I go to the gym even if I'm not lifting weights. Like I said, I kind of fell off of the gym, but guess what I was still doing. I'm still getting up and I'm moving my ass. And that's one thing the girl the girl do. Y'all have to realize if you don't get up and move your body, don't stop moving.
Speaker 1: I think for me, I have like my mom was beautiful. She died at forty eight, but she was gorgeous, Like she was the mom that every all my friends would be like, damn, my mama. Find type thing. So for me I didn't really I had good I feel like I had good genes, so I didn't feel like I needed to work out all the time. So really last year was the first time that I actually started going to the gym and being active. But I could feel my like my hips would be tight, my aunt. I was just very lethargic a lot. And it wasn't until I started going consistently that I started to feel more energized. I had just a little bit more get up and go and feeling more focused and like like you said earlier, laser focused on what I wanted to do and what I needed to accomplish. So I do think that you actually getting active moving your body that not only contributes to your fitness goals, but also like your mentality, your focus more clear, and it's just I see, I feel like a different person than how I was before I started going to the gym just last year, in just that time, and now I walked by the mirror, like Meg said, I'd be like you, Okay, you's on flap flat, ass on flap flat, Okay exactly. You know, I one hundred percent feel you. I just did a video on my YouTube channel where I was talking about things that I feel like you should know when you get into your thirties, for the girls that are still like in their twenties and maybe even like early thirties too. But I was just like, I'm so glad that I started my fitness journey, but I wish that it was something that I took more seriously when I was in my twenties, because I think, yeah, when you're in your twenties, you're just like, Ooh, I look good, I'm fine, my metabolism is slow, and I'm always gonna be like these. But then when you get to your thirties, you realize, Okay, he's slowing down, the things ain't in the same place. Gravity is taking place held no, for real. And it was even earlier about the dimples and the freckles. And I feel like every day I wake up, I don't know about y'all, and every day I wake up, I feel like I got like a new little freckle or something on my bikey. So it's just something that I wish that I took more seriously when I was in my twenties because I feel like, not only do you look better and you feel better, but it also really helps your mentals. Yeah, it's well, and I'm glad it's a discipline thing.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you said that earlier because you were like people were asking you to post it before and after you were like, it was more a mental thing, and that's when it will.
Speaker 1: I realized for me, like.
Speaker 3: I be getting like in my little dark places sometimes and I realize a lot of that. Like I was talking to my therapist. She was like, when's the last time you worked out? Like this was like a conversation that we had in December. I was like, damn, And that's what really motivated me. Like, girl, even if I'm not saying that you got to go to the gym, go for a walk, go for a walk, you just got to mock you a body past. So even sometimes when I'm satisfying, I don't even feel like going to the gym, I get on my walking. You have to move around because I'm telling you, when you stop moving your body, your body gonna stop moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like that's the thing. I've made it a happy Like to me, it's more of a lifestyle thing now because you're not gonna always. I think a good word that I can give people is that you're not gonna always have the motivation. But that's where your discipline comes in exactly, because you're not gonna want to do stuff every day. Like it's hell of days that I don't feel like working out, like yes even yesterday. Yesterday is a prime example. I went and worked out at eight thirty at night because all day I was procrastinating. But then I was like, Okay, I gotta get this done. That's where your discipline has to come in, cause I knew I had to do I knew I had a goal to reach. So you just have to do it for yourself, and you have to think about how you want to look like. I don't know, I like looking fine, I like looking like all of that. So I just feel like, yeah, it's just it's it's a mental thing, and you have to prioritize your health. You have to prioritize your willness that I always be thinking about like them when I was in my twenties, if I would have took my fitness journey more seriously, then my body would be even more teaching, even more fire right now. So it's just like, you know, you have to It's something that you have to prioritize. It's about do you want to be the same, because we all might live to be like seventy or eighty, But what do you want to be doing in your seventies and eighty You want to be more? Do you want to be a person that can walk around, that can move around on your own without assistance, or do you want to be somebody that has to have a walker? You want to be somebody that has to have somebody exporting you everywhere. You have to think about those things, and like I think tennis, yeah, And so that's how I think that I try to discipline myself. And so even going back to what you were saying, like when people asked me to post a before and after, I am going to post my before and afters, But I think I'm more so going to post my before and afters from when I first started my fitness journey in twenty twenty two to now, because I feel like it's much more of a drastic change from then to now that people could see then from January when I did seventy five hards now because my body was already tea when I started the seventy five hard and we had definitely see my abs more. Your abs are definitely fine, thanks fine, they are. They're definitely way more defined now, and I think that's probably the most physical change that you could see. But I mean as far as like my shape and my waist and stuff, I feel like it's the same, but from twenty twenty two, so now it's a big difference because I've lost like fifteen sixteen pounds, and.
Speaker 3: I think for me, even like like I said, at the beginning of the year, I weighed two hundred pounds when we filmed Tribal Queens, I was literally when we left, I was two o two That morning, I was like, what the fuck. I'm so mad at myself because I have to film this shit and I'm big, well not big, but I carry my weight a little different because I'm taller. And then like right now, like I weighed myself this morning, I'm one seventy two right now, So I pretty much lost thirty pounds since from January till now. And I say that because it's not like for me, it's not more so like the number and the scale thing of feeling fat and feeling small. But I know how I feel in my clothes and I know I had to get to a point where I'm like, Okay, I feel confident in my clothes and I know what I feel like, I know what makes me feel good.
Speaker 1: It's not for how y'all look at me, because one thing about it.
Speaker 3: I can be one fifty and it'll be people in the comments like ooh Lex, what you ooh Lex?
Speaker 1: You need to do?
Speaker 3: It's not about how y'all view me. It's how I view myself and what makes me feel comfortable. So I think that's another thing like me losing this way. It wasn't like something I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, y'all, I lost another pound.
Speaker 3: I lost all about cause y'all ain't gonna y'all ain't gonna do nothing but critique me anyway. So I think as we get older, you have to find what's comfortable for you. One seventy is comfortable for me. I don't give a fuck what.
Speaker 1: Y'all see or what y'all like.
Speaker 3: So we have to change how we view ourselves and what's comfortable to us and what makes us feel good and how you look in the mirror. Oh City, Oh, I'll be delete that hole. Titty came out. One thing about check, she gonna get that times down. Okay, let me say that again. So one thing about me is like, we gonna get it together. So I can look in the mirror and I can feel good about myself and I can feel like, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, I like how I look, I like how I feel today.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all in all, I feel like your views on your body should change as you get older, and that's a healthy thing to do.
Speaker 1: And I feel like they should get better because with wisdom and age, you care more about your body. Like I feel like I care way more about my body than I did when I was in my twiny Thank God, thank God that he allowed me to live this long so that I can take better care of my body because I was not taking care. I was treating my body like whatever. When I was in my twenties. I'm talking about I was eating bullshit every day. I was drinking all the time, being drinking all the time, smoking that hookah hookah, smoking hookah and weed. Both of them clothes close. I remember that came out. I talked about this. I was a real buck, love loving. I was out here thugging in these streets. I was smoking black and miles the wine flavor. Oh you was a real good yeah, because that's my good Yeah, that's my good beach. What a god be in a week since she could have been. I love. We didn't to Texas. We didn't too deep in Texas. No, for real, doll, Yeah, I used to be doing whatever in my twenties and like God for grow, Thank God, this is the show.
Speaker 3: That's why I said, we're not judging anybody what y'all do, but we're just trying to tell y'all what we did so y'all can do better and y'all can.
Speaker 1: Look like us when y'all get y'all thirties, Me lex and time period. What's up, y'all is your girl lex P and the Sugarls are in the call.
Speaker 3: And y'all know we are all about smelling goods, So we have partner with Good Wipes to get you a new restroom ritual.
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all, Good wipes are hypoallergenic, and they come in a variety of really good fragrancies like shake, Coco, lavender, rosewater, and theater.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the best thing about it is that they're flushable. I know y'all have a lot of wipes in your house that you have to throw in the trash. Well, these are flushable, so you don't have to have that sitting in trash in all weekend. So what you're gonna do is go to goodwipes dot com backslash poor minds and they're gonna show you how to get a free pack. They're available in Target, Walmart, Kroger, wherever you get your local groceries at.
Speaker 1: So go to goodwipes dot.
Speaker 3: Com slash poor minds and see how you can get a free pack today. If you want to upgrade your restroom ritual, you can grab good Wipes at Target, Walmart, Kroger, and most local grocery stores. As a special offer for poor Minds listeners, good Wipes is giving you your first pack for free. Buy any package, text them your receipt and get reimbursed almost immediately. For more details, head to goodwipes dot com backslash poor minds Again, that's goodwipes dot com backslash poor minds to snag a free pack of good Wipes.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all? As your girl XP and it's your girl drain the call and we have a very exciting announcement today. We have a brand new show dropping. Yes, we have a brand new shout dropping y'all on Patreon. It's gonna air on September second, and it's called Poor Chronicles. We're gonna be doing so much stuff on there. We're gonna be doing challenges. If you can't go to Bella Dache, where the hell could you go? If you can't go to Bello Noche, what the hell we're gonna be doing? Talk to me, Chit chat with me. We're gonna be spilling at a little tea. Oh my girl, Now you didn't go everything y'all been wanting to see. We're gonna be doing it right here on Patreon. Yes, y'all ask us for so much.
Speaker 3: Well, we've beenna give it to y'all every single Monday, and it's gonna be a time. Y'all know Poor Minds has grown into its own little entity. Well, we're gonna have a lot of fun still over here.
Speaker 1: At Poor Chronicles. So make sure y'all tune in September second. It's going down. Thanks. So, now it's time to get into the bab all the b bow about Bobo Bow came. So we're going to play a game called Unwrapped or Returning. Okay, Birthday six of these ship.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: You know, girl, you know I'm doing the background. You don't remember that? Oh, I know what you're talking about now. I was like at first first, I just thought you agree your birthdays on. You know I won't ride out in Moasy Louisy, you know my I know when he was in the studio that day, he was like, good, but I know you want to cry? Why now? Remember Trice Songs did a remake. Trey Songs used to love remixing people ship. That's why r Kelly, you know us, she don't. She loved y'all count is not having a Robert Kelly queen because the compilation together. You bring him up every episode every Let me tell y'all what be going on? Nobody every licks?
Speaker 3: R Kelly, Yeah, she loved bringing up was saying that Trey Songs used to love remixes. R Kelly didn't want to remix Trap in the Closet, and he made the character.
Speaker 1: Gay that Trey Songs was right, you love arn't you really? We're going to find out which facility, which correctional dog facility or no, she not. She's going to come see setting on fire alrighty I do not see you and he was locked up and getting out. Okay, she don't want him to get out. I know she don't want him to have access to the other girls. I'll find out where he's at. We don't wintter where he asked, though she could be his pen pal. J I like him, Yes, you do. You bring him up every episode. It was just because you said something about Trey songs. Trey songs and R. Kelly got to do with each other, so you pulled it all. That's what he said on the track in the Closet remake. Okay, because he saw he got out. But those are fun facts that only you know. Because I really was like he said, remember no, I didn't even know Trey songs and music I love are you a R Kelly Trey song?
Speaker 3: Got out of the closet And on his remax he was like when he got off the talk, he was like, you pulled that's what he said.
Speaker 1: And R.
Speaker 3: Kelly came back when Trapped in the Closet part two and he made that character gay and everybody was like, oh he did.
Speaker 1: That because everybody or you take out, because that's what media takeout was puffing. Media Takeout taught me how to be missing y'all. See I'm showing my age. Y'all don't know about media takeout. I used to wake up. They was like, you know what I'm saying, wake up in the morning to get on media takeout is wild. I used to wake up and check media takeout in the cold, bitchy m That's why I love lex P is so good. The people that were real nosy be I am nosy. That's why I love lex P. Like the girls be like, oh my god. First no, cause you'd be saying something. I just would never know unless I watched. I didn't know. He was like, what world do I be in because I did not know what was going on? Because, yeah, I'd be in the trenches morning.
Speaker 3: I have to keep the people in the know. We have to know what's going on in the world. And like I said, said, we are not the only people in mess. They being messed too.
Speaker 1: I be on the ass. I'm bringing back I'm restoring order in the world. I know.
Speaker 3: Y.
Speaker 1: I actually reported on him a few weeks ago. Yes, I did, and you wrote him don't forget that far dreas Kelly, missus Kelly. I don't like him, then why did you report on him because I did not want to part and that podcast had with him podcast a pot name Kick Big, where we went on there one times. Yes, the PAS squad. You are a dirty bitch, that's what he called us. He said he was the past squad. I know. So why am I dirty? Because you're stupid? You're dirty, Miss Kelly. Anyway, I reported on R.
Speaker 3: Kelly because a podcast had called into R. Kelly's jail cell and he was singing on the phone and I said, no residuals.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was singing residuals.
Speaker 3: And I said it was distasteful, because it is distaste.
Speaker 1: That's how I know that's really young man, because you need a rendition of residuals yourself. Copy me. Why she know who you are? Because you'll be writing each other. You up you. You told him that you were gonna do that, and he was like, okay, babe, let's do it against This is wild and I don't appreciate this. We're gonna have a chat. No we not. We're having a cheat named miss Kelly. You do you need to do a ninety hard No, it's you need to do tin. You ain't even need a team. I'm gonna do too hard today. That's crazy. It's get to the bad. Okay, yo, Jesus me Alex gonna play Birthday six edition of Unrapids or Returning, So we're gonna read at least wow, funny freaky Birthday six scenarios and gifts. And you have to say if you would Unrapids or if you were returning. Okay, okay, so let's see number one, wake up Head before you even brush your tea parted, We parted, but you shay wait what y'all gonna return up? Wake Up Head? I don't want unwrappid.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want wake up Head. And you ain't brush your teeth yet? Why that's sound fat my? That ain't got ship to the year.
Speaker 1: I don't. We don't have to talk. You talk to her. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm not gonna lie like in the morning, like if I know, I'm gonna get freaky.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I do like to sneak off and do a little quick quick rints.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't brush brush I'll do you know what I'm saying, because sucking dick, that's low. I'm not to wash her anyways, though, you feet I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna return it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I'm gonna okay, okay. A massage with oils that ends in a happy ending, good morning to his brick. Oh, I was thinking about good morning, then his break breakfeast.
Speaker 3: A massage with oils that ends in a happy ending. I love massages. I think massage is just sexy. I'll unwrap it. I like a little massage, but with my man.
Speaker 1: Not that like I'm just at a you don't like getting you be getting fabbed. No, at the massage parlor. That's where I know. I know, I know who. I already knew who he was gonna say, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: No, but if it's a massage from my man that ends in a happy ending, cool, But not at some random like massage parlor. If it's a massage parlor on the outside, you know what they up to. You know what they up to or if they say free massage.
Speaker 1: Parlor, I don't know. I feel like, if you like to get happy in and massages, you are a free ass n I g g A you a sixty nine guy? Because what run for your life?
Speaker 3: Because what Kenner really went in on him, like he went a little too hard. It ain't stop, it didn't stop nothing.
Speaker 1: But why would you do that? That's crazy. I feel like it's behind us now it is. But why would you say that? Because he said what he said? He said what he said? I said words to all right? What's number three? Draft him? Looking the sweet just to bend you over in every corner, unwrappid. I love Hotel six, me too, because I can leave that ship looking crazy andly m. Somebody had tweeted, ake sure of them on next Friday. Remember not on the window. Don't wipe it on the window. It's nuts. Then babies gotta go somewhere, not up in here. Hobby is a freaking sixty nine. God, now he be squirting on the window. Oh wow, Hobby be cutting. That's why he would always be having new shoes when he come in here and the girls be spoiling him, leaving them a little on the window, the little Hobby surprise. I shaved it into the shape of a three and a four. Shaved what why did you want her to read it? What does that even mean? Shaved legs?
Speaker 3: And he shaved it into the shape of a three and the four. No, I would run for my life Okay, Dre, let me ask because water.
Speaker 1: Hell would you even like to me? That's like serial killer type sheet? Like why would you How did you take the time out to shave your pubic hair in a three? Let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been one in the two in the three until the fo have you ever been one of the man who had a Brazilian wax? No, how would y'all feel if you was like went down there and there was nothing there?
Speaker 1: I do like that. I have dealt with like I've had a man like be here lead That's what I'm saying, not Brazilian. Wh it wasn't a whit, not a Brazilian, but y'all know what I mean. It was like nothing. Yeah, I prefer that you like that the way? Yeah, get them hairs out my way that holds more of the saliva and stuff down there and more older Yeah, get it out of here, okay, and it looks bigger. Oh okay. I didn't know that. I've been with one man and it was like I went down there and I was shot because it was no hair down there, and I was like, oh wow. I wasn't mad at it, though, I like you, you know, I feel like that's cool. A wax is crazy, but like a little shak, I don't I don't know if he waxed or shaved. I don't know. Yah, it was just smooth. Because when you say Brazilian, I also think are they getting that? Yeah, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean Brazilian because I honestly I don't know. I didn't see his butthole, Okay, but I did see the balls and it was clear. I don't know if it was a wax or a shave, but I was like, oh, I'm not mad at it, but it took me by surprise.
Speaker 1: Then if you put the balls in your mouth, you don't get like carrying your teeth or anything, you know what I mean. I'm more willing to do a little bit more. Okay, we're gonna wrap it. We're gonna wrap that. Yeah, A three four on the deep raise, I don't even know. He don't know what that means. She was saying, like if he shaved, oh in the thirty four because you're three four, Yeah, like surprise, it's your birthday. It's indeed shave. I don't know how I understood. Would you say that song just dick? I don't know how we'll feel about that, but like a clean shave, I'm cool with that, you know, Okay, okay, him bringing a friend your birthday, fantasy threesomes, nigga, him bringing a friend for your birthday? No me, Yeah no, because I don't trust him in his time, I got to bring the friend.
Speaker 3: I don't like threesomes, so it's gonna be a no for me. Now if it was a little freaking because I know he ain't gonna bring.
Speaker 1: A nigga because it's two niggas. I would rather three some with two men. And see, that's not what I want. I like the I want this crazy. I want the dick in my mouth exactly exactly you want, y'all three, Someone let me get them common rolling the blunt one cook in the crack. That's too much. I got enough holes and I can take it off. And that's wild as hell. But how Hobby said, Yeah, black Cuci do metal r Kelly liked it. That's crazy. But now, yeah, if I could bring the girl, yeah, I would be cool with that because I love women like and to be honest, I haven't had a threesome in a really long time, so maybe I might do that for thirty. Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to be nowhere near you your birthday, dumb ben.
Speaker 1: You won't be you won't be notified. Don't worry you know hearybody. You're not gonna know nobody. You don't have to worry at all. You was not gonna know a thing. Don't worry about because you would not know nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, Oh I'm gonna skip down to this one role play where he's the delivery man with a package for you.
Speaker 1: I've actually done this before. I'm an unwrap it. That's fine. I love role play. Roleplay is always fun.
Speaker 3: I feel like if if you can't role play with your man, y'all missing out on some fun like role play.
Speaker 1: And it don't even matter. It don't even have to be a delivery man.
Speaker 3: It could be anything like I had one time when me and my man, like we went and acted like we were just meeting each other at a restaurant, and it was.
Speaker 1: So much fun. It was like we was acting. It was just like, oh, hey, how you doing it? It was a ball and we got fucked up. It was a time.
Speaker 3: So I think role play should everybody should try role play at least once.
Speaker 1: I think we're all playing. It's cool. I like role playing. Yeah, under rather, I agree, I'm wrap it okay, recorded birthday six, but only you get the footage. I canna do that anyway, because that's how I am. Like. I don't gotta be birthday. It ain't got to be the birthday. Okay. I think you should do maybe number nine. I can't see what you on this side. A birthday is stupid. A birthday spank for every year you've been fine cause she know her anti fine And I like the thirty four. I like it. Do y'all like that? You don't like it? My boyfriend, well, my man who's not my man, but he is my man but not my man. Now we oh my god, we all got me and he always smacks my ass, which I get, like that's a thing for me. But I just because it's roll to you know, and it's heavy. Now I'm but I don't like that. Oh.
Speaker 3: I just love like I love I'm talking about during sex, during anything like I love smack and I want you to smack it hard.
Speaker 1: I want it to be hard. I want to hurt. He was talking to me. That's your song. I love. I love getting my ass small, like, so I used to have it. Like we're speaking of role play.
Speaker 3: I used to have this game like me and my eggs used to play, and like we would be in public and I would do something that he didn't like. He would be like that's one, and I'd be like, oh, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 1: Or if I would do something, I'd walk off from him and I would come back he'd be like that's two. I'm like, I'm being bad at night. Do you like to be dominated? Oh? I like a little domination. Oh. It was so funny.
Speaker 3: It was like then it got to the points where I would like start purposely cutting up because he'd be like, oh. And then when we would get to the house, he would be like, go upstairs and take your clothes off.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I love a little paddle. Yes, we're not a paddle.
Speaker 3: We aint never did it with the pattle, but I was like okay, yes, Like I had to go upstairs and take my clothes off, and he would be like, yeah, get on the bed. You cut up six times, smile, You're finna get six spankings.
Speaker 1: Wow a time. I love it. Let me put this down, all right, all me spanky all right, let's move on. So now let's do the item of the week, mus Beauty. What you got for us dre up of course, Musicity Collection dot com. Make sure you get your lip glosses, matt Liquid lipsticks, lip plumpers, lip liners, we have jelly blushes. We also have mescerra and liquid eyeliner. Now we're also doing a cell right now, twenty percent off of the entire site for my birthday birthday sale, twenty percent off of the entire site. We also have a birthday edition tab on the site where it's already marked down. But then you also get twenty percent off of the entire site. No cold, needy, it's my birthday. Make sure y'all shop Music Beauty Collection dot com. And right now I have on the chestnut lipliner, I have on the rose lip gloss, and then I also have on the liplumper. Period. Love me some mus beauty down.
Speaker 3: You want to be a bad bitch, You're not a bad bitch if you ain't got on Music Beauty and that's on God.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and of course I do have on the meskerer in the eyeliner. I can start saying it now because it's on seal lashes. What they used to say lashes on fleet the fuck? Oh my gosh, he used to say on flee the fuck? What does on fleek? The fuck? Meed? What's up? Y'all? As your girl XP and it's Sugarl drain and the call. Y'all know. We have a segment on Poor Minds called Item of the Week.
Speaker 3: But do you have a product or something that you want to promote and you want it featured on Poor Minds.
Speaker 1: Your opportunity is here period. If you have an item or you have a business and you want to get it promoted. We are now having slots available on the Poor Minds episode. So if you would like to get your product featured for Item of the Week, all you need to do is send an email to Item of the Week PM at gmail dot com. That's I T E M O F T H E W E E K PM at gmail dot com. Send us an email and we'll work it out. We gonna figure it out. Get your product, get your business sponsored, and yeah, make you some money. We love to moret A small business man and a black business said that, but I mean anybody on a scrimminade. Any business is welcome now it's time to get into the bop. A abou abo about bo boo. All Right, the bop this week, my bop this week. Y'all know I love a good RB song Destin Conrad. If y'all don't know Deston like he used to be like popping like on Vine and the Vine days and stuff, and it's like he just made a complete transition into like an artist and I absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: He's so amazing. He has a song with uh Tezo Touchdown. He's from Beaumont four o nine. Shout out to the four all golden, the Golden Triangle period. Nothing betaw us come out four o nine. I feel like when you talk about four o nine, you gotta talk about Pempcy, you gotta talk about lex Pe, and you got to talk about bun b is from Houston?
Speaker 1: He is, yes, from Port Arthur. Is he from Port Arthur? Oh? He is from I think that you are. No, let's look it up because from Houston. But a people used to say bun Bee was from Arthur. No is it Houston Arthur, Texas? Oh? He was born in Port Authur. See that's a damn Shane. No. I got like five people he was he was born in a Houston hospital, but he is from Port arth Okay. So that's what no.
Speaker 3: I only say that, and that's no disrespect to Bunnee. The only reason I say that is because people always had that argument.
Speaker 1: But I guess that's the.
Speaker 3: Same thing they do with Meg because she was born in San Antonio, but she was raised in Houston. So he was born in Houston, but he was raised in Port Arthur, So he's from Port Arthur.
Speaker 1: Bun B.
Speaker 3: Shout out to bun Bee. He is right right right, shout out to bunn We would love to have you come sit.
Speaker 1: On the couch now. But gotta know where he's from. I know where he's from, damnit. He from right up the street. Like I said, bun Bee, Pipsy and and Tezo touched out, so yeah, he's from Bauma. So uh yeah. So the my bop of the week, Destin Conrad and Tzo touchdown.
Speaker 3: They have a song called the Last Song. It's a Bob gold streaming. I just like, like I said, I love what R and B is looking like right now. It's just like it's fire, It's on fire. I don't have no complaints like I've been being fed fed fed fed love it right?
Speaker 1: What you got? So my pop is use me by bow Wow and Chris Brown. I said, oh my god, I love Why are you looking like that? Have you listened to the song? No, that's what I'm saying when you do that. By the way, I didn't do anything looking like what I feel like when you'll be having yo viobs, I could look like that too, because you go bobs. I'd be like, m questionable. But I don't say anything. I just affecting bow Wow to have a new song. Does he have a new song? But you didn't let me finish what I was saying. You didn't let me let you finish looking shady I was, But I'm issue what I'm saying. So anyway, how you do me? No, it's how you do yourself, because you was already looking at it. But the point that I was making is bow Wow and Chris Brown have a song and I really like it. I said, bow Wow, you were talking a little freaky deecky even though you know what's so interesting about child stars. You'd be like, you're really grown now. And I think it's still hard for me to see bow Wows like a grown person because he was a child when he first came out, like he was a child star. But yeah, he was like a real freaky on the song. I'm listen to it and I think it's real cute, Like it kind of gives me vibes when Chris Brown and bow Wow used to collaborate back in the day. I don't like it. That Marion. Yeah, that was a Marion.
Speaker 3: The only thing that keeps me yep when I'm coming down. I don't know what but you, but I gotta keep money.
Speaker 1: That was a good song. Oh Chris Brown was on the song though, Yeah he would remix or something. Yeah, probably like mine. Chris Brown was on it, So I feel like it's a great song. Then y'all know. Right now, the Millennium Tour is going on and I'm so sad that I can't go because I wanted to go two times, but we had something to do for work when they had the Atlanta show in the Houston show. So yeah, shout out to the Millennium Tour, shout out to bow Wow. And I'm not gonna lie. I said something about, like, damn, I wish I could make it to the Millennium Tour. One of my homegirls was like, why would you want to go see bow Wow before? Because I know every single song? Why do y'all want to be at concerts where you don't know every single song? Right?
Speaker 3: If you go to the Millennium tour, you will know every single bow Wow song.
Speaker 1: He made hit after hit after hit after hit. Let's stop.
Speaker 3: Don't do him like that. And honestly, he's been killing it the clips. I've been saying a lot of energy. Them needs still work me.
Speaker 1: Hold you, he loves me. Hold you Brown.
Speaker 3: You know so I was listening to the other day. I can't lie, though I did listen to Freshness.
Speaker 1: On Me is in the car. Y ain't right, Ye ain't rye, y ain't bumping like I'm bumping. Yin't saying nothing on me. You ain't fresh as than me?
Speaker 3: Because he was like, I'm eighteen nigga making moding your dad. Imagine your nigga's talking ship like that and your daddy can't say shit.
Speaker 1: That's the type of shit I like. I don't like that. I don't want no nigga making more than my daddy.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying personally, but I'm saying he could, he could do that.
Speaker 1: He was making molding your dad. He was, well, yeah, yeah, because he's making more than my daddy too. Shit, my daddy was dead. I know he was making more of him. Yo, daddy wasn't making it. He wouldn't r ip ip he just killed. Oh my god, why I was about to say that too. That is so crazy. We don't have a mental telepathy. I was saying, our I p just killed the club. It's not funny though. I did not laugh once me neither. Or you're trying to make me laugh. I'm not trying to make you laugh. I'm not doing it because laughing I lied. She's back, y'all. It's sad. It's time with no All right, who the fuck is that me? What's the name? D Dan?
Speaker 2: And you are no, I'm not ship Leave me out of this licks Kelly.
Speaker 1: Kelly should That's what we're finna do. All right.
Speaker 3: Make sure y'all email us for our minds at gmail dot com. If you want your question answer on the show and you are a Patrenon, remember you get to skip the line, so just put in the subject. You know Patrenon, I remember all that good stuff and that's on period.
Speaker 1: My girl cute? Oh, go ahead, go ahead, ask for minds at Gmail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, thats more minds at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Period. Okay, keep me anonymous. She added a photos to y'all keep me anonymous. I'm twenty three and been dealing with a thirty five year old man for two years. It's been a lot of ups and downs. I think it's a trauma bond at this point. I just started nursing school, so I'm seeing him list and honestly, I'm starting to feel the distance. Yeah, two kids doesn't help with my hair, nails, or weed, and says all his money goes to his VM. He buys groceries, but that feels like bare minimum. I'm not scared to be alone. I actually hate niggas lol, But I'm a people pleaser and hate hurting feelings. I'm scared he might spiral if I leave. How do y'all build the courage to leave someone who isn't a bad person, just not right for you? And she haded help out all. She's cute, Go ahead, give it a device. Oh she is really pretty. She's twenty three.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that because you don't. When I say you don't look twenty three, It's not like offensively. It's just like they just got att like when I was twenty three, I was.
Speaker 1: Just they active. They you outside, baby, this looks like a grown woman. Maybe that's why the thirty five year old likes her too. I need you to walk around here.
Speaker 3: And see this picture, or maybe Drake can hand it to you so you can understand what I'm saying. She's beautiful, but it's like that's not giving twenty three. That's given like thirty, right, and not in a bad way getting.
Speaker 1: I'm saying. It's like you look that is very polished, mature. I'm mature. Yeah, sorry, go ahead with your advice. I feel like if it's a trauma bund, if you know it's a trauma bund, then I think you know what to do, Like you need to let it go. Like trauma bonds are not good things. You bonding with somebody over negative, toxic things. It's not something that you need to hold on to. I feel like it's no sustainability in that, it's no longevity in a relationship like that, And I feel like you know what you need to do. Also, you're twenty three and he is thirty five. He's twelve years older than you. A lot of the time. I feel like men who are older they like today women that are significantly younger than them, because they be trying to manipulate you. They know exactly what they trying to do. I think that you need to maybe focus on yourself, explore yourself. He thirty five, he got two kids. He clearly still taking care of his baby mama. It's a lot of baggage there, and from what it sounds like from what you wrote, you don't have any baggage. So you need to focus on you. And at the end of the day, if that man want to be with you, and I'm not saying that you should just write a man off just because he has kids and he's you know, he has like a situation or whatever. But if he wants to be with you and you want to be with him, he's going to find a way to make you feel comfortable, and y'all are gonna find a way to make you work. If he is doing things that you're not okay, weed and then on top of that, you think that he's a trauma bond, I think you should walk away. You twenty three, You don't have nothing to lose. You have nothing but time I agree. Oh I'm not advice. I agree one hundred percent everything you said. I just feel like you're too young.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's trying to take advantage of you, talking about he don't want to pay for.
Speaker 1: Your hair and nail that's bear. But he giving all this money to these baby mama But he's not doing.
Speaker 3: That because he doesn't want to, because he's thinking, I'm a date of twenty three year old. She's not gonna ask me for nothing. That's why he's not doing it. He's thinking that he can manipulate you. But you just seem, you know, a little smarter for him.
Speaker 1: So girl, move on. He'll be alright. He gonna move on to the next twenty three year old.
Speaker 3: Because any thirty five year old man dating a twenty three year old, I'm questioning his thought process anyway.
Speaker 1: Chat a little weird, he a little weird. So okay, where do I eat?
Speaker 3: I'm thirty at my now ex, the father of my kids is thirty one. We were together for seven years and I finally told him I can't do this anymore. I've been through it all with him, multiple cheating situations, physical fights, emotional abuse. He even slept with another woman in our bed while I was pregnant with our third child, after I took him back for getting me locked up.
Speaker 1: I know no judgment zone right now. After I had our son, I lost my job and he became the only one working. But he instantly stopped.
Speaker 3: Helping with the kids like I wasn't still healing and caring for a newborn, a toddler, and a school age child, plus keeping up with the house. He's always angry and miserable, and I finally hit my breaking point after a feed engagement. He sent me on vacations and had our kids with another woman. I broke it off the problem we still lived together and I can't afford the place alone. I know he won't leave me out to dry, but I also know I can't heal until he's gone, and seeing his fat say face every day is driving me crazy.
Speaker 1: What should I do?
Speaker 3: You know, it's hard for me to relate to these type of situations because this is a judgment free zone. But it's hard for me to understand because I feel like you on child number three. I don't know how that feels, cause a nigga can't even get.
Speaker 1: One out of me.
Speaker 3: After he showed me his true colors. And that's just coming from because you already in there, you three kids deep. You have to lock in and get laser focus. That's the best thing I can tell you. Because we don't have children, We've never been in that situation.
Speaker 1: Because y'all be.
Speaker 3: Stop letting these men play in y'all face. I know it's a little late to say that, but when somebody shows you who they are, believe them. Okay, So all I can say for you now, because you're already in the trenches with them, y'all got three kids. It's too late. You gotta deal with this man for the rest of your life. All I can tell you now, get you a job and lock in, save up your money. Hopefully you have some friends and family that can help you out. But you already in there. You asked for advice three kids too late. Baby, The mistake has been made. So sometimes you got you.
Speaker 1: You made your bed. You gotta lay in it.
Speaker 3: And I don't mean to say that harshly, but I literally I cannot give you any advice because I don't I don't know that life, and I'm not saying that to be mean, but I just hope that you can understand now that this is your chance to really move on and let him go.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna change.
Speaker 3: He's moping around with a sad face because he's trying to manipulate you. So I hope you can see that before there's a number four on the way, you know what I'm saying. So I'm praying that you can really lock in and save up your money, get some help from your community to get out of that house. But it's hard because I think of like if I have a friend that has a child, and if she needed to come to Atlanta and stay with me, baby, we good. What you finna do, what we're finna do, what we're finna figure out.
Speaker 1: But if my friend had three kids, yikes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So all I can tell you is I is to lock in and try to do the best that you can to get out of that situation.
Speaker 1: But the best thing is for.
Speaker 3: You is to not let him fool you, because he's fooled you a lot. Focus on yourself and trying to get out. Because he's sitting around there and moping. Girl, he's not sad. He said that, he's not manipulating you anymore. All he's trying to do is real you back in.
Speaker 1: So the best advice I can give you is stop falling for his lies so you can really move on.
Speaker 3: Because it ain't too late to move on. There's plenty of men out here that will date you, plenty of people you can move on. You can have a life after him. I mean, look at cash Dog. Cash Dog got hu good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two kids go hud outside having a ball.
Speaker 3: So it can happen, but you have to really lock in and focus on I think when cash y'all got in her relations, she locked in.
Speaker 1: She was working when she met her due. She was talking to KICKI Palmer.
Speaker 3: She said, Oh, he just walked up to me and I was outside, I'm hosting a party. So sometimes you just got to lock in, focus on yourself, and that that.
Speaker 1: Moving on will come to your child. But baby, I don't know. Yeah, I agree. I think that you just need to focus on yourself. I don't know if you have any close knit family that you can go stay in, go stay with. But I feel like that's a situation where you need to like rely on your family, community and community because you have three kids already, and if you don't want to be with him and you don't want to stay with him, which I completely understand, because that seems like a very toxic, unhealthy situation for you, and especially to be bringing up three children in so I feel like you need to try to see, like what are your resources, and like try to rely on the people around you, rely on like link said, community, and try to get yourself out of that situation, because I feel like living in that same house with him and being there with him, you gonna fall back into the trap. It's inevitable because y'all there, y'all in the same household, you looking at him every day, like you said, you looking at his sad face, and it be driving you crazy. I feel like you need to try to get yourself as far removed from that situation as you can. I know that if you don't have enough money to live on your own, which is what you were saying in a letter, then you need to try to rely on your family so that you can get stack some bread up and make enough money so that you can get a place for you and your kids. But I don't think you need to see it be in their space, in that house with him, figure out what you need to do to get away as far away from him as possible, because I feel like a nigga that will go cheat on you while you're pregnant and get you locked up. He don't give a fuck about nothing. You don't give a fuck about nothing. Stop believing these men. Man, we gotta be smarter to me, you know, to me, it's not even so much about tricking you at your womb. Because cash y'all speaking of her, she need an interview too, or maybe she was on Live where she was just saying, like, people be like, also, now you stuck with two kids, and she was like, I'm not stuck with two kids because I wanted my kids.
Speaker 3: I was taking about heart situation. She was saying, well, I'm will you not letting me get.
Speaker 1: To my point. Yeah, But what I'm saying is like she was just like yeah, she was like, I wanted my kids and I love my kids. She was like, so I'm happy that I had them. They're not a mistake. It's okay to have kids. But like when the situation don't work out, no when to move on? And I think the problem is it's not about a nigga tricking you. Watch your om because some women want to be mothers. Some women want to have children, and let's be real, you have a cut off age when it comes to you having a child. So it's okay if you want to have a child, or you was in love with these men and it didn't work out, but no, when to walk away, No, when the time is a It's okay that y'all had these beautiful years together and y'all created these beautiful children, but when it's over, it's over, and you need to know know when to walk away with grace and dignity, especially for your child and for your children so that you could raise them to be strong, independent people and know to set boundaries themselves. You have to know how to set boundaries first, to set that example for your kids. So you're not girl, That's what I think. Agree, that's what I think. Can I just say something, Sure, y'all are not stuck? Like I know that that and again Lex said, we can't really relate because we don't have kids, But like you can start over at any moment, lock in, focus on yourself, figure out if you need to get a job, whatever you need for you and your kids. That is your priority. Now f thesess for real, for real, you are never stuck there's always a way where there's a will, there's a way, but there's always a way to get out of your current situation. You just really gotta want that shit for real, are for sure? Yep, that's advice. You gotta know. Good lucks. So yes, y'all, thank y'all for tuning in. Of course, shop Music Beautycollection dot com. We're having to sell right now twenty percent off of these sites, and then we're also having a birthday tab collection that is on sale as well. Make sure you follow my YouTube channel, Drey and the Call with three e's. I drop weekly blogs, beauty contents, all of the above, and yeah, thank y'all for watching period.
Speaker 3: Make surey'all, y'all tune in to LOVELEXP every Monday ten am. We drop y'all know we're reviewing Real Housewives of Atlanta and all the hot topics that's going on every week. So if you're a nosygirl like me or nosy guy, tune in lovelex P every Monday.
Speaker 1: And make sure y'all pull up to the premiere party too. All we at a premiere party. Uh by the time this dropped, Yeah, it'll be, but make sure y'all pull up to the premiere party. It's gonna be on April twenty first here in Atlanta. And also make sure y'all tune in to Travel Queens on beet Her is airing April twenty third at apm. Ees t make sure y'all tune in hashtag Treble Queen's bet on all socials love y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all, make sure y'all share the content, like subscribe, follow all that good stuff. And let me say this before we close out, y'all, there is one Twitter account that is connected to poor Minds.
Speaker 1: It's p O.
Speaker 3: You are underscore in my nds. Y'all are tagging the wrong poor Minds page. If you see at poor Minds with no underscore, that is at fake page, do not follow that page. Okay, they blocked me Andrea and the poor Minds page on both so we only have one Instagram, one Twitter, one TikTok.
Speaker 1: It's p O, you are underscore in my nds, all right, and we got hell a fake Facebook page. The Facebook pages it's our face. The crazy thing is our Facebook page actually have the least amount of file. So if you're on.
Speaker 3: Facebook one that's ours, y'at the least amount.
Speaker 1: Of file one that's not us. It's got like two hundred and fifty thousand followers.
Speaker 3: Make if you actually look at the content, because the caption is like, whoever it is, don't speak English, because.
Speaker 1: Their captures are like bumba claude, should men? Should men pay bill? Should men pay bill? Yes? No? Check answer below block block po Like that's literally what the captions. I'm like, what that DG is? Bumba claude, Bamba claude. I think I'm ready been locked up in the house way too long. It starmed a gay because once again he is out doing wrong and my girls are so real said it's being a minute since I had some. He's been acting up, but he won't be the only one because when he asks wrong that when you put it on, been alone tight? This is how home hold on? Are you back so house? Put your freaking dress? Oh should dress? So push your freaking dress? Oh every woman got one shout it when it's time at the big and put your freaking dress. Oh what's your freaking dress? Oh what's your freaking dress? Song? So now I just saw me turned out about how the dress was fitting tight. It was shortened back list seeing my silhouette in the moonlight. Such an attraction. Oh, you're telling me how my outfice so nice? No, my man gonna take it off tonight. Because when he asks wrong, this, when you put it on, being a mom tile, this is your suf some your w down, the empress a lot, your freakum dress. Oh oh, put your freaking dress, the freaking dress, push your freaking comb. Drink every woman. What's your freaking dress song? Okay, I was doing your back up. You got your freaking dress on. This your motherfucking birthday. Hobot that on. It's an invitation when they play your song, you on up and shaky work it on out when your man, don't waist it, spin it all around and take it to the ground. And when you put it on, it's an invitation. When they play your song, get on up and shaky work it out on your man. You don't have to waste it spinning all around and take it to the ground. And because when he asks wrong, when you put it up and on on top, this is your song. Hold on your path, trying of impact.
Speaker 2: Brown dress.
Speaker 1: Dress song, A freaking dress song. What's your freaking dress? I hate that's out? I hate the background all of the first Yeah, put your freaking dress on, Dress three sixty for your birthday. She put that freaking dress on for her birthday. Always got my freaking dress on. Yeah, put your freaking dress. Say nothing but another day, nothing but anohing, Always ready,