Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you. Thank you for listening to us. On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: It was yesterday, right, we were talking about Charlie Pooth and he was talking about therapy, and we advocate that. But this is therapy. Don't you feel like coming here on a regular basis. It's like it's a disciplined dialogue. It's disciplined to be here. We're not forced to create dialogue. We conn are. You're kinda you're kind of nudged to talk about your feelings and your views and what's going on. So, in a way, this is therapy. I've come to look forward to.
Speaker 3: It's nice, it's refreshing. I feel good after after the show.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mark, tell me sorry, I also feel the same to realize my Mike was home.
Speaker 4: But I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: I like him from you. It's true, right, because I I will get excited. Matter of fact, this morning, Mark wasn't I excited. I was texting you this morning.
Speaker 4: Alread you got four forty this morning.
Speaker 5: Gosh, well he is firing him off.
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 6: You got a lot extra time on your hand.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 2: I just have I have this I have this thing where if I think of something overnight. I don't write it down, I send it. I know that y'all may be asleep or in the shower whatever. But instead of like writing it down and telling you when I get here, I want you, never do that you want to send me.
Speaker 5: It's actually a smart, smart way of working in why well, actually it's very funny. Amy Sugarman just gave me this, this lecture about how I don't need to send my pitches in a formal email once a week. It's better if I just if I think it just text text text text texted out.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: I prefer to not be me and text text text. I prefer you put it all on one thing that I could efficiently read.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's how I normally be lost.
Speaker 5: But sometimes you forget, like when you when you sit down and do it, you forget the things that just pop up in your head all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the thing. Like I don't even remember what I texted you market.
Speaker 4: Something about love is blind.
Speaker 2: I believe, always working guys, always trying to move the show along. How is your night? To say?
Speaker 6: I hear you? It was good.
Speaker 3: You know, I had a really special milestone moment with surveya last night she said I love you for the first time, like she says it like that for the first time, she says, I love you.
Speaker 2: Wait, tell me where were you? What were you doing? And how did it come up?
Speaker 3: I was changing her diaper and putting her down like for bed, like like her like our nighttime routine, and could.
Speaker 2: You say, just looking at you wanting.
Speaker 3: To say no, I was like I was trying to say and have her repeat it back, and so she said it back. Yeah, and so it was just like really sweet and so now she can like say it.
Speaker 5: And I was like, yeah, I don't know, Like I don't under I'm gonna be I'm worried for myself as a parent, because if that happened to me, I would literally just crumble and cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tears come out, Like it's it's beautiful moments like this is the stuff. And I'm like, she's growing up, so like she's not a baby anymore, like she's a toddler.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that she repeats what you say, Like Flora has this thing my niece where she goes bootisticking out, boosticking.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: They get sassy once they're like four, like the Coatoons are almost five.
Speaker 6: And they had the things they say. I'm like, oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 2: In my real life and walking around going my bootsticking or if anything's sticking out, I say sticking ill. Yeah, yeah that you know, like your your hair sticking in.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, she's gonna have a little like like she's gonna she's grow up in Nashville, so she's gonna have a country accent.
Speaker 6: Almost right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't she will, I don't. I guess yeah, because she's growing up where there's a southern accent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's gonna have a Southern accent.
Speaker 3: I think that's so cute, bosticking in she has it, is?
Speaker 6: I think so? I think so.
Speaker 3: My nieces they grew up in England when they were like two to five, and they had little British accents like because that's what they learned how to speak English. But then I lost it when they moved back to the state.
Speaker 2: I get to stop an accent. When I'm in Atlanta, I get a British accent. If I'm around anybody from England, i am a I am terrible. And then when I'm at an Italian restaurant, I'll speak English with an Italian accent. And it's not embarrassing to be out published.
Speaker 3: So you know, you adapt to your environment like chameleon. Yeah, what did you do last night?
Speaker 2: Do you really want to know what I did last night? I'm very very upset.
Speaker 6: Oh you're upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got very upset at.
Speaker 6: Yourself at someone else.
Speaker 2: I was in at the TV tree and I was looking at Tinfish and I was trying to figure out I've had these anchovies in the sardianes forever, and I was trying to find an expiration date. Do you know how hard it is to read and find an expiration date on packaging?
Speaker 6: Listen? I want to I don't know what I want to do.
Speaker 3: I want to sign start a petition too, and I want all expiration dates to be neon yellow, Like I don't unerstand the same place, the same the same color in a block, Like why do they have to be so hidden?
Speaker 2: And they're like see through. I'm looking on a jar and it's got this great font with different letters and numbers, and I can't here as i'd say, twenty seven or twelve. So I got very upset about the formatting of expiration dates on packaged goods.
Speaker 6: I'm so with you. It sucks.
Speaker 2: It's real.
Speaker 8: It needs to be uh universal in a way, like the way that the nutrition stuff is, Yes, needs to be on that on that to call somebody and who's it going to be, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I would try Twitter, I would try to tweet.
Speaker 2: That FDA right, like it is not right that I have. I mean, I don't. I can't even honestly, I can't even understand it if I find it my anchovies, Like I have anchovies that I've had forever, well, I don't know are they good or bad? That you can't tell by looking at an anchov.
Speaker 3: It's a scavenger hunt, trying to find where it is on every item, Like you don't know that it's under the lid, it's on the.
Speaker 2: Side, it's on the bottom. Uniform font and uniform structure of expiration dates on products. I'm tired of it.
Speaker 6: I am too. I'm with you.
Speaker 9: Struck a cord found in sand, the fact that that's your like late night stack is major, Yes, sardines and anchovies.
Speaker 2: It's very good for you.
Speaker 6: I know it's good for you, but like wowsa, you're on a holy level.
Speaker 2: Mark, did you find who we're going to complain to you about the difficulty in locating expiration dates on products.
Speaker 4: The FDA is a good idea, but I don't know that's going to take some research.
Speaker 6: I mean the fact that hasn't been done yet.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: We can't be the only people that I find it annoying.
Speaker 2: I can't, but I cannot find the expiration dates on tined fish and anchovies.
Speaker 3: The jars is also another issue, because yes, they put it on the glass parts and you can't see it, and if it's curved then half of it is not standing.
Speaker 2: Proper letters around it too. I don't know what lb X means mm hmm, and.
Speaker 3: And there's no like uniform way of doing it. Sometimes they put the year first in the month, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Not, how is it we can live in a country that doesn't have a universal font for expiration dates on product.
Speaker 3: If it was like a rectangle that was like a Neon green point and click, you saw it every time.
Speaker 2: By Mark. I also sent you some ideas from my iPad via text. Did you get those?
Speaker 6: You've been blocked at this point, like too many.
Speaker 4: Texts, I got nothing from your iPad.
Speaker 3: Go back and resend that we're Wednesday of you not doing the talk show, and it's just like it's too much.
Speaker 4: Coming.
Speaker 2: I was I was reading articles this morning, sending you for my iPad, But why didn't they go through? I don't understand this is the tobs question. Tubs, tubs, tubs.
Speaker 5: It's not a tubs question. I guarantee Ryan didn't like send it properly.
Speaker 2: No, I hit tubbs. I was reading an article, I hit a share, I hit text. I saw Mark's so cute photo circle come up, and I sent it.
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe you send it to his like iCloud. That happens to me sometimes.
Speaker 2: But but you wouldn't recognize where it came from, Mark, because it came from my iPad. So tubs, what happened?
Speaker 4: It didn't go through? You may have to send it again.
Speaker 2: I sent it this morning. Is it an I cloud issue or is it a tubs issue? Is that a tubs issue? I can tell you that. Well, what was the printer? What was the printer problem? Is that a tubs issue? Now that's kind of a tubs issue.
Speaker 6: God, I don't bring up the printer.
Speaker 2: Oh, the printer hadn't been working for days around here. I'm still working on it. It's okay.
Speaker 7: Give everybody extend a little grace. We're in, you know, seeing patience.
Speaker 3: I think you need to get the prep and PDF form that might make a difference.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Mark, please try and find some great material for the show.
Speaker 4: Taking into my iCloud.
Speaker 5: Right, you know what you can do, Ryan, You can go back on your iPad and you can hit resend.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll send them to me from my iPad to my phone to send them to you Mark, because you get stuff from my phone.
Speaker 4: I got the one four forty five this morning.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. So it's my fault for not sending it to me first. To send it to you. Okay, it seems like a easier way, all right.
Speaker 7: Well, remember what they were at all? No recollection.
Speaker 5: He was doing so much, slightly terrifying.
Speaker 2: You know what you're doing so much? Oh great idea, let me floord this to Mark so we can do it on the show.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: One had to do with praising people at work, thanking people out loud and in front of people at work, and I thought, oh, we should do that. We should we should explain it and then practice it. I like that Mark Wall Street Journal. You could pray find it all right, Let's get to the Morning Hack and we have some bright news, we have a quote of the day, but the Morning Act. These are the words you should never say to your Is there a word that Michael, your husband Sysney can say to you that ticks you off?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I think if anybody says calm down.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I do enjoy that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, relax, relax, you relax, calm down, calm down. Why had the those words get under my skin like no other Toney? Is there a word or something Robbie can do that puts you on a tilt?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are things that he'll say and I'll like, snap back really quick, and I'll say, you don't but I didn't think of what what is that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So they say, relationship experts say, never use these three words.
Speaker 6: Three words okay.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want. I would whatever you want, don't use them. And here's what they said. I was like, really, whatever you want, whatever you want, okay, whatever you want is saying you decide, essentially, and a lot of us suffer from decision fatigue, and at the end of a long day, it's it's something you just don't want to deal with. But they asked you for a reason, right, they asked you for a reason for something. Don't make them decide. So whatever you want. It's not a good thing to say back to people, which I don't know, Like, I felt like that was always I guess it's dismissive, but I always felt like that was solution.
Speaker 6: Oriented, like where should we eat dinner?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and whatever you want, you want you want? I hate it.
Speaker 2: Seems so solution oriented on the surface level. What do you want?
Speaker 6: I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: Like if Michael said whatever you want to me, then I'd be like, all right, great, I'll.
Speaker 2: Pick the restaurant me too. I don't mind it either, But experts say, don't I don't think I might cause a problem for me.
Speaker 7: I don't like it. I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever you want, I guess this can be very dangerous. Whatever you want interesting? Okay, here's today's quote for your Wednesday. How they treat it is more important than how much you like that. You deserve that kiss FM headlines with sisiny Well.
Speaker 3: Curious Toddler earned the title of one of the tiniest White House intruders yesterday after he squeezed through the metal fencing on the north side of the executive mansion. US Secret Service Uniformed Division officers walked across the north lawn to retrieve the tot and reunite him with his parents on Pennsylvania Avenue. Now, Southwest Airlines has blamed data connection issues resulting from a firewall failure for interrupting the carrier's nationwide operations yesterday morning.
Speaker 6: Now operations have since resumed.
Speaker 3: And Coachella organizers Get This must pay one hundred and seventeen thousand dollar for breaking curfew violations in Indio during weekend.
Speaker 6: One of this year's festival.
Speaker 3: Strict curfews were broken on all three nights of the festival, with Frank Ocean's Sunday night headline set running twenty five minutes past midnight.
Speaker 6: That was the twelve am limit.
Speaker 3: The one am curfew imposed on Friday and Saturday night were also both broken by twenty five minutes on both Friday with Bad Bunny and then Saturday night with Calvin Harris.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know what it happens, But man, was it worth it?
Speaker 1: On air with a Ryan Seacrets.
Speaker 2: How many dating apps are there out there? I don't even know the total, but there are so many that summer's really obscure. You may not even know their dating apps, which is what led to the concept here, which is called Disney character or dating apps.
Speaker 1: Disney character or dating app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got this from crew. Let me grab hey, Daisy, who's gonna be our contestant on the line this morning? Daisy? How's your week going?
Speaker 3: It's going good?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: John? All right? Now, tell us about yourself, Daisy?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 11: I live in Compton. I'm an optician, but I'm currently on baby Bondies so I have a two month old right now?
Speaker 2: You're a mortician?
Speaker 7: No optician?
Speaker 2: Optician?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Well and congratulations. Sounds like things are going great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everything's really good.
Speaker 2: Actually, Okay, so we're gonna make a better We're playing Disney character or dating app. All right, I got a four pack of Disneyland for you to win. I'll give you a word and you tell me if it's a Disney character or dating app. Okay, gotta get three right before you get three wrong? And here we go. Okay, Kippo kippo Disney character or dating app hippo kip o k ippo.
Speaker 10: O k I p peel.
Speaker 2: It is a dating app. Congratulations. Oh, I'm so nervous, don't know. You're doing great. You're doing great. I'm very comfortable with things. Okay. Next one, Toodles Toodles dating app for Disney characters. Disney character. Yes, that's right, you got tune around, all right for the for the win, Daisy and Compton tag along tag along Disney character dating app. It is a Disney character.
Speaker 3: That's okay, hard one the youngest daughter of Mother Rabbit and.
Speaker 2: It's a challenging Just give these tickets away, all right. Here's the next one. Ready, Disney character or dating app.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Daisy character or dating app?
Speaker 2: Tan tan tan tan, Yeah, dating app. It's the dating app. Congratulations. Yeah, it is a dating app. There you have it. Thank you very much for listening to us, Thank you for playing along. Congratulations on everything that's happening in your life. And enjoyed Disneyland.
Speaker 6: You got a four pack of tickets.
Speaker 7: Awesome, Thank you. Thanks guys, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you. That was fun. That was fun. However, I still think the match game is more fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like the match game.
Speaker 6: I like that game.
Speaker 2: Too, because we can play well, I just laugh at it. I just I don't know why I laugh, but I just laugh at the panel coming up with the things and then what you guys guess is a panel film. The blank tells me so much about each of you, personality defining.
Speaker 7: I like Match Game two a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, are you going to Coachella again this weekend?
Speaker 3: Siciny, No, no, no, no no, I'm going to do a couch ella and a house and streaming.
Speaker 2: Tonny, you didn't get to go because you and Robbie had a romantic weekend.
Speaker 7: Hardly romantic.
Speaker 5: We were partying hard with my friends birthday party.
Speaker 7: Birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you do you have tickets to Coachella this weekend? Are you going?
Speaker 7: We're not going, but I think I'm gonna steal Sissy's idea and watch it.
Speaker 2: Gosh, that sounds really great, order and watch it like it's a sporting event. It's really fun. So we're talking about you know, look at all the weather, the rain and the saturation. All good, right, I mean, we need all the it's wetness and we need all the water for the region. But the bottles have always been bad and they've gotten, I think worse. And if you take a route the same route all the time, you all like, I know where certain big ones are and I get ready to bob and weave around them, but I'm often caught off guard. And sometimes you hit one so hard to like it. It feels like you hit a bone. Yeah, Like it's like when you hit a bone on your body. When you hit a pottle with the car, it's like you hit the bone.
Speaker 6: Uh huh exactly.
Speaker 2: An La City officials say they've received over seven thousand reports of potholes so far this year. Sisney, you've got them where you are.
Speaker 6: Well, I know.
Speaker 3: And actually was listening to Kiss the other day and we were running an ad saying like if you see potholes, report them, and I didn't catch like how to report them, And I was in the car with Michael and I was like, dude, I'm like, we have so many potholes on our street alone, and I hate having to dodge them and it's so annoying. And he goes, yeah, you can just report them on the app. And I was like the app. I'm like, what's the app?
Speaker 2: The pothole app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'll say, and he's like, it's the app that you can order trash cans.
Speaker 6: You can do everything. He's like, you can do everything on this app.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what's the trash can Exactly? It's called the my La three one one app.
Speaker 2: I didn't have that.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 3: Everybody has it here in LA who knew. And you can go on here and you can create a service request. You can view other services and then you can go in there. And that's what he said, like when our trash cans are all banged up, that he can order new trash cans for the house.
Speaker 2: And Robby Times just might order new trash cans without you knowing about it.
Speaker 6: He done it once.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So I went on there and I and I created three service reports for our street alone for potholes. So I put, you can basically drag the little thing and you just put it where the potholes are on the street.
Speaker 2: So it shows you an image or a drawing of the street.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and so you just put So I dragged them and I put here's a pothole, here's a pothole.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: I could three different reports and I was like, we'll see what happens, right, so day went by, and then we were driving back home from I think it was maybe Easter Sunday at this point, and we're coming back from the way where the big pothole was, and I was like, oh, do you think they came and filled up the pothole? He was like no chance. He's like, you did that report yesterday. And sure enough, they didn't come and fill the pothole. But someone came from the city and put an orange cone where the pothole was, and so they came and obviously looked at it and it was big enough for them to put an orange cone, and then the probably they are kind of come and fill it.
Speaker 2: So but wait, that's so fascinating. So they saw your report, which is just cool. Yeah, you had the power to get the orange like anybody that drives down the street. I got the orange colne for us.
Speaker 3: That's what I was like, Yo, you're welcome, and you're welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: So now I want to see run the experiment. Now I want to see how long does it take them to come fill that pothole from the.
Speaker 6: One So that was I think.
Speaker 3: So I want to say that was Easter Sunday, and I don't really go out that way on that street that much. But I'm I want to say that cone was gone this morning when I left, and I wasn't here this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get you.
Speaker 6: I'll check, I'll check and see.
Speaker 2: I have like a week my la. What's the app?
Speaker 3: It's called my La three one one, So if you just like search that in the app, it'll it'll pop right up and you can go in there and it has a lot of stuff, city info, city hall news, city bill pay. You can access your LADWP bills on there. You can obviously create reports for potholes and things like that. Service request, but both of the items containers serve you know, Oh my gosh, there's.
Speaker 6: So much stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael has a fiel dawn there. He's like in a rut.
Speaker 3: If there's an animal that's loose, if there's dead and badgers are in the backyard.
Speaker 6: Part graffiti, trash, all this stuff keep us.
Speaker 2: But I'm curious to know if they really feeled it, because that that's movement. I mean that that is showing some movement.
Speaker 6: It is. I mean, it's gone so bad.
Speaker 3: You saw the video of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Brentwood just fill in his own.
Speaker 6: Pothole, so mad he just like went and got his own gravel.
Speaker 2: Bradley, what's going on.
Speaker 12: I went to a really rough breakup back in January, Okay, and it's it's fair to say I'm not over her yet. You know, we were. It was we were tailored four years, that's what. Which is the longest relationship I've been in. And after four years she decided that I just wasn't the one. I think there may have been someone else, but I don't know. It wasn't. I was never confirmed to it. Just to me, it felt like it was out of the blue. I had no pre or feeling that things were going well. We have spoken since then, and you know, she's happy on her social media, Like we haven't followed each other, but I still check once in a while. I mean, like probably too much, you know how it is. It's been three months, so but I feel like it's time for me to like start putting myself out there again. Like three months. My friends are telling me, you know, the best way to go over someone is to find someone new. And so I started getting on the apps and I've gotten matches. But here's a question, do I when I go out with someone. Do I tell them how recent my breakup was and that I'm not all the way over my ex? No, because no, no, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: No you can't. I don't think you can. I mean I I it's like I know exactly where you are, bro, I know exactly what's what you're feeling, and I know what's going through your mind, and I know and I have that friend too. That's like, dude, just get out there. You're gonna get out there and have some fun. You got to get out there and meet somebody. You can't just be sitting there checking their social media. So I think you you do go out, you want a date, and you try and enjoy that moment on that day and the feelings that you have about your ex. I mean you kind of want to keep that to yourself to start, because it's just not gonna nothing's gonna progress and nothing's gonna move along. I think if you start by sharing that, what do you think, Sisity, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're right, and if anything, you just take it slow. You don't have to really give all the details of what's going on internally with your feelings and your emotions about your ex. I think you can keep it brief. Yeah, I was in a relationship before. It's now over. I'm moving forward, but I am taking things slow. And I think if you just keep it vague like that, you see where it goes with whoever person, whatever person you start dating.
Speaker 12: Right, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's weird to say it's weird. It's exactly. It's weird to say, don't share your true feelings. But don't. But I don't think you're being dishonest, like you're not. You're not being dishonest. I just think you're not. You're just not sharing everything that's going on in the movie, and that's okay because you're trying to start a new scene.
Speaker 5: I will tell you though, I did this. I went on like a FaceTime date when Robbie and I broke up with this guy, and I talked about my ex. I talked about Robbie the whole time, and he talked about his ex the whole time. So we were talking about our exes and we both ended up back with our exes. I still follow him on social media.
Speaker 2: Saying, talk about your ex.
Speaker 6: So you know, I'm just saying if you do.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm just saying, be you if it feels right, and then just speak from your heart.
Speaker 2: Were we giving you confusing advice? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what Tony would do. I said what I would do.
Speaker 3: What's your goal, Bradley, You think you want to end up back with her?
Speaker 12: I mean I don't know. It's hard to say. We haven't three months. I don't know what her life is like now, so i don't know what's happened between. So I'm just not sure yet.
Speaker 2: But well, I.
Speaker 12: Don't like where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you don't like that. You're stuck, and you're stuck feeling bad, and I think it's okay to create some Listen, motion creates emotion, right, so it's okay to start some motion and see how that goes, and see where it goes. But I don't feel I don't think you need obligated to share what you're sharing with us on a first date. But it's never gonna be one way or the other way. There's always gray aria and all of this stuff. When you go through a fresh breakup like that, man, I mean you know that, right. You can't just can't you can't just feelings.
Speaker 3: Can't just vanish, or maybe you're not ready to date. Maybe you need to just focus on yourself.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's rough. That can be tough, right, But again, we'll confuse you here and then you can pick a.
Speaker 6: Pat Yeah, you got a lot of paths here.
Speaker 2: But keep us posting, man, if we can do anything else, okay, all.
Speaker 12: Right, Yeah, thanks a lot. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for trusting us to talk about it, all right, man? Yeah, so yeah, gosh, we all would handle a breakup so differently.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's ready to date.
Speaker 3: He's heartbroken, I know, and so I maybe after talking to him now, it seems like.
Speaker 2: But is it better to stay home and be sad.
Speaker 3: Like, don't be sad, healing, go go on hikes, find yourself.
Speaker 2: Be guys. I hike by myself now.
Speaker 3: But it's fine. But I just like you, he can be single. He doesn't have to start dating three months after his breakup, like. He can be single for years like. It doesn't have you know, he doesn't need to jump back into a relationship.
Speaker 2: But imagine out of the blue, you think it's going well, then four years in out of the blue, and then you think there could be somebody else, and then he's checking on social media. Stop checks, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He didn't sound ready to date.
Speaker 2: Stop check Instagram. I did not realize this, but in Burbank there's a there's a sign that was a current sign. It was patched up. It covered up a sign from the sixties, right, And I guess the patchwork fell off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I had no idea that they just covered it up. I thought they would like scrape it off or just put a brand new sign. I guess why would they do that? You can just cover it up.
Speaker 2: So this was a sign. If you take the one thirty four, this is at Victory right Griveth Park, just like two miles from us. So what happened?
Speaker 6: Apparently I think this got like you wrote it with the rain.
Speaker 3: So when you're on the one thirty four, you see the sign to go to the five, And what basically the realization is is that the five used to be South ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. When was it south ninety nine?
Speaker 6: Apparently in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: Huh. I mean it does make it does make sense that if you're going to change the freeway, you could just just cover it up, right, just sort of paint over it. Like they did. But this is making everybody's kind of talking about a Highway ninety nine. It was known then as the Golden State Highway. It ran from border to border Mexico to Canada from nineteen twenty six to nineteen seventy two, and it was decommissioned and replaced by the five. I did not know that there were we should, like any other signs exist out there from back in the day that are covered up that you know about, Well, what's the.
Speaker 6: Point of that? Why wouldn't they just leave it Highway ninety nine? That's so cool? Like I would have enjoyed the.
Speaker 3: Scene Highway ninety nine all the way from border to border in Mexico to Canada.
Speaker 2: What is the reason why they change it to the five? Did anybody resource?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Guess?
Speaker 6: Is this easier?
Speaker 2: We've talked to Ginger Chan about this stuff. It's way over my.
Speaker 7: Head right history, So you don't even know what's going on in my head.
Speaker 2: The history of freeway signs. Are you on your way to the airport this morning or maybe coming in from an early flight, so it'sdey. I want to ask you about this because you travel with kids, and I know my sister travels with Flora. Uh, if if your kids on a flight make crumbs on the floor, do you clean them up or do you wait for the cleaning crew of the plane to clean them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Clean.
Speaker 3: Michael and I are so embarrassed if our kids make any mess, or if they're loud, or if they're inappropriate in any way, and I go above and beyond to make sure that we don't leave a mess behind at restaurants, on an airline or wherever, a movie theater, you name it.
Speaker 2: So is a baseball player they posted this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a Toronto Blue Jays baseball player that posted this. It went viral instantly because of Arms, and I think he posted it thinking everyone's going to have his side.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite part of this whole story is he's like, everyone's going to be like shocked that this flight attendant made us pick up the popcorn and everybody so much.
Speaker 6: You're entitled, dude, so not so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did not have his side, and they are basically saying, like, yo, you've made this huge mess, like you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have made this happened his kids spilled popcorn or had crumbs on the floor and then the flight attendant asked him or his wife to pick it up.
Speaker 3: Ask the wife, I don't actually know if he was on the flight. Okay, he was not on the flight, so his wife to pick it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she's.
Speaker 3: Twenty two weeks pregnant, so you know, you're quite pregnant at that time. And I'm assuming now this is what her third maybe kid years old.
Speaker 2: The popcorn in the photo that I have, it's a lot of pop It is a lot of one and didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tacky. Like I wouldn't leave a mess like that period. I would at least try to like gather as much as I could, or even like at least say something to the flight and like, hey, I'm so sorry, like we we cleaned up as much as we could, or do you have something that we can put this in, like a bag that we can clean it up, like help at least, but like just to try to walk out and leave that mess as bad. But I don't know how the conversation happened, right, And I also think that like I don't like the flight attendant coming to her and being like you need to clean that up.
Speaker 6: I don't know that must have been awkward as well, So.
Speaker 2: I recommend you don't fly with me or near me. I tend to accidentally clutch things all the time. I tend to spill things, yeah, especially if it's something I really want. I end up dropping it on the floor somehow, it like slips out of my hands. Now, obviously I'll pick it up. But I have a tendency to be not messy, but clutter.
Speaker 6: I know, you mean, a crumber two is not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Like Michael's the same way when he eats popcorn, Like he gets a whole handful and it just like gets all over the place.
Speaker 6: I'm like, do you not see that it all spilled everywhere?
Speaker 2: Etiquette expert chimed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: An etiquette expert chimed in who was a former flight attendant, by the way, and said that it was inappropriate for the flight attendant to ask a passenger to clean up after themselves, especially if the airline was the one that provided the popcorn to begin with.
Speaker 5: It comes a little bit with the territory, you know what I mean, Like you are going to make a little bit of a mess. Like sometimes you know, they come by and they ask if you have some throw at you might not have finished your drink, so you put it in the thing and they don't come back again.
Speaker 7: You know, like you do have a little bit of a message.
Speaker 2: You can put in a thing to seat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like at that seat in front of you or whatever. So I get it, but I feel like there's a line and I I.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, you can't just destroy the ayele like leave just a bunch.
Speaker 6: I've seen that before.
Speaker 5: I've like walked off a plane and like looked into some seats and just seen a total tornado go through. And it's just like so crazy to.
Speaker 2: Me while we're on it. How about and you know who you are, you don't put your weight back at the gym? How about oh yeah, I've.
Speaker 6: Just stuff away. I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: You don't put the weight back on the rack, or you don't clear the squat weight from the barn, and nobody.
Speaker 7: Their own equipment like they're supposed to.
Speaker 2: You mean sanitize Yeah, yeah, I don't know about the sanitizer. But I just like baffled by how many times I'll see stuff just laying out and not put back and I can't. I mean, that's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: It's returning your shopping car after you go to the grocery store.
Speaker 6: Just stuff like that.
Speaker 1: On air with Crest.
Speaker 2: This is interesting Katie Holmes, it's on the line here. We're gonna bring her up in a second. But Katie Holmes goes to as many jingle Balls as we do.
Speaker 7: It's true.
Speaker 2: I've seen her a lot of jingle Balls, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: And she has the most fun.
Speaker 2: I also think she's got a good fashion sense.
Speaker 3: She kind of broke the internet the last jingle Ball though she went to with her fashion sense.
Speaker 6: I loved that for her.
Speaker 2: What was the what was the last well she wore?
Speaker 3: She wore jeans with like this tube top dress and everybody was talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Katie is on the line with us now, Hey Katie, good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Good morning Ryan.
Speaker 2: How are you super good? We were just saying that we love that you come to our jingle Ball and we get to see you sort of on a regular basis and check in.
Speaker 13: I love jingle Ball so much fun.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of fun. We'll be giving away tickets, I'm sure starting in July. We're always ramping into.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 13: I went with my nephews and we danced and danced. It was so much fun when.
Speaker 2: You when you walk the red carpet. They just put up a photo of you on the iHeart Red carpet at jingle Ball and I don't know how to quite describe the style, but Sisney and Tanya were saying that, like everybody responded to what you were wearing. Do you know going in that you're going to make a splash with fashion writers?
Speaker 13: No, No, I just wore what I thought would be fun and what I wanted to dance and have a good time. And hyah, that's it.
Speaker 2: You come anytime, Katie Holmes with us.
Speaker 3: Now, you definitely kicked off a look, Katie, and I got to tell you, I was just at Coachella over the weekend and there were so many girls that were actually rocking that same style that you wore a jingle Ball a few months ago.
Speaker 6: So you are a trendsetter.
Speaker 13: Oh fun? Oh wow, Well, thank you Jesus and Katie.
Speaker 2: Before we get to your project, no one more excited than our producer Mark, who just revealed to me that his daughter was born two days after Surrey and feels a real connection to you. I think for that, and I think it's Surrey's birthday week, so I thought I just mentioned that.
Speaker 13: Oh, thank you, thank you, and happy birthday to his daughter.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Were you watching coverage of Surrey?
Speaker 8: Yes, we were in you know, thank you.
Speaker 4: We were in the birthing room and on the TV was the coverage of Syray Cruise's birth, And so I was thought to myself, they're like tagged together. I'm always gonna remember that they have born a few days apart.
Speaker 13: Oh wow, Oh that's so sweet. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Did you get Surrey a gift mark?
Speaker 4: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not not so tied together. So Katy, listen, I know we spoke about this a few weeks ago, but this is an incredible project that she's kind of wearing all the hats for you. It's called Rare Objects. It is in theaters and on demand, and you directed it, you star in it. This is something you've been behind for a long time. Tell us a little bit about it and what interested you in making this.
Speaker 13: Well, it's based on a book of the same name, and I've been working on it for about five years, you know, doing other projects that you know are working on it. And the pandemic is kind of uh put a put a little pause on it, but then we were able to make it in twenty twenty one. And this is a story about friendship and also about UH resilience, and about the power of art and the power of human connection and and and friendship and how that can really UH be something that's very healing to another person. So for me, I wanted to put out something that was heartfelt and hopeful. But there there's there's stuff in there that's that's hard to hard to watch, but it's ultimately I I'm I think that the audience leaves feeling hopefully seen in some ways and and hopefully with the sense of hope.
Speaker 2: And directing it as well. How are you to work with?
Speaker 13: I have good days and bad days. I hope I had more good days than that. It was really rewarding. It was hard work, but you know, everything's every.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, rare objects Katie Holmes with us. It's in theaters and on demand, so check that out. And I do kind of like, I just want you to know that we picture you listening to the Morning Show here even if you don't don't tell us, but we do picture you listening since we see you all the time. So if you don't don't ruin the fantasy.
Speaker 13: I do. I do listen, So I'm glad you pictured me listening.
Speaker 6: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, good well, thanks call anytime and good luck with this continued success. Katie. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right bye. Uh. You know, she's very very what's the right word, like, she's cerebral. She's cereboy, that's not the word I was looking for. She is, but she's like she's kind and approachable, like.
Speaker 6: Kind, you know, like a calm sense to her.
Speaker 2: Calm that's what the ya.
Speaker 5: I was her escort for one of the jingle balls, and she was surprised, Like I was kind of scared because she's really like mega famous, but she was really really chill.
Speaker 2: She's That's what I'm saying. Like, there's there's a calmness to her. Then we don't always carry we don't collectively always carry that, right, your jingle ball tickets, No, I'm kidding, coming up five seconds of Summer actually gonna be the key of four.
Speaker 6: You said that, and it sounded so natural that I didn't even flinch.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, because I felt we do start jingle ball tickets in August.
Speaker 6: Do you say I'm.
Speaker 7: Cheesing, im teasing, oh teazing.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh wow, he's always cheezing.
Speaker 2: Though I'm cheeszing. Don't take this, don't don't bite my cheese, Sisney. Turns out Tony was right about what Shaanmandez and Comedic are not together?
Speaker 6: Oh and how do we know?
Speaker 7: This little SoundBite on a soundboard?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: I thought you would bring it up by now. The show is going to end at some point, and I just wanted to go on record saying I think she or he I read said no, we're not back together. And I'm just wondering, how did you know that, Tanya, Because every sign, including our own investigation, showed evidence of them being back together after making out at Coachella. How'd you know that?
Speaker 7: I just know these things, but what you can just tell me these things?
Speaker 5: I have this feeling in my gut, you know, like you you just you don't make out it Coachella.
Speaker 7: If you're trying to like start a new relationship.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 7: Because I feel like if.
Speaker 5: They were really trying to give it as another shot, it would be more low pro than that.
Speaker 2: I would think if they really want the world to know it's high pro like that. That's the way I would think it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe they're just saying they're not together so that there's not so much.
Speaker 2: Like no attention on that. No, I don't think so. I think they're not together. But I thought they were together until someone said they weren't together, which was a spokesperson, I guess it said Sean and Camilla remain friends with a lot of love and history between them, but they aren't dating again.
Speaker 3: Down okay, but they're not dating again.
Speaker 6: But they clearly were together at Coachella.
Speaker 7: No, they were not.
Speaker 2: How do you define together? Like, yeah, mouth on someone else's mouth, that's pretty together, that's pretty together.
Speaker 5: No, Like you can be at Coachella at the same time as somebody, but you're not going together.
Speaker 6: But they were like locking lips.
Speaker 7: Have you not made out with people at Coachella? You and go with No, She've always been in there.
Speaker 2: You would have told us that was your viewpoint earlier, we would understood where you're coming from. Yeah, Now, Taylor Swift is in the trending report, Tanya.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, So after she and Joe Olwen split after six years, you know, like a lot of fans were really you know for Taylor. Worried about Taylor take hers on Cornelia Street. You know, there's a lyric where she talks about being terrified of Joel and walks away. She says the kind of heartbreak time could never mend.
Speaker 2: I don't like that heartbreak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then in New Year's Day, she has a lyric that says, please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere. And so, you know, there's there's six years of songs that came from this relationship with Joe, and so that's kind of what led to the worrying for Taylor. But and people were reporting that, like People Magazine was reporting that the two of them were talking about marriage just months before this split was announced. So I feel like it really came, you know, as a shock. So at one of Taylor's shows, a fan held up a sign to her that said you okay with the question mark, and people captured this on video and it's all over social media. That's why I saw it because it was at her show in Florida. But Taylor read the sign. You see her read the sign and then she gives a up like she is okay, and then she keeps singing she was it was during Delicate, while she was performing Delicate. But the fact that she is able to perform like this after such a wild breakup just makes me realize that she is totally in a league of her own and she's doing a okay.
Speaker 2: First of all those kinds of breakups that we're talking about here, I feel like I feel the pain now because I think I know what that pain feels like, right, But I honestly think that if it were me, I'd want to be Taylor Swift at night on stage to get my adrenaline going in my mind off of it, you know, like being on that track of having to deliver what she's delivering at least keeps you from sitting for me, would keep me from sitting on my couch with that right honey, call ice.
Speaker 6: Cream a pint of ice cream and crying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's a catch twenty two because I do think when you do that, you know, I worked a lot in therapy about this that I would just go, go, go, so that I didn't have to think about things, and then all of a sudden it catches up with you and then you ultimately do have to address that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's so funny you say that someone told me once, was it you? That the reason I keep moving and working so much is to not have to like do what you just said.
Speaker 7: Exactly because I had this revelation in therapy.
Speaker 2: So you that told me, yeah.
Speaker 5: Huh, because you could keep going, and you could keep going and going, going and blocking it out and blocking it out, blocking it out.
Speaker 6: But you're always.
Speaker 5: Going to have to deal with those emotions and those feelings at some point. So it's like you might as well, don't You.
Speaker 6: Eventually deal with it when you're like alone at night about to go to bed.
Speaker 2: But the worst time during a breakup is that moment where you turn off the light and get into bed and have to fall asleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, that feeling.
Speaker 2: That window of time. Just put my head on my temper pedic pillow right, And you've got to get to sleep alone by yourself. You used to be with them, you used to be a person. That part is the worst.
Speaker 7: No, I just didn't sleep.
Speaker 2: Well, that's bad.
Speaker 7: I know, it's all bad.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for this again, session of Therapy on.
Speaker 1: Air with Ryan Seacres.
Speaker 2: What you sipping on there? Tany this morning? Just water?
Speaker 7: Just a bunch of water. I'm trying to drink one hundred and twenty ounces a day.
Speaker 2: How much is that? How much is that?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 2: How many cups?
Speaker 5: Well, oh, well, there's eight ounces in a cup, so what's one hundred and twenty to about eight?
Speaker 7: This is fifteen three, so fifteen cups.
Speaker 2: I just drink. I drink. I try and drink as much water as I can and talk to Pete and then I've had enough that I start over until it gets to be seven o'clock at night, and then it's a nightmare because you have to, you know, get up anyway. Selene, is that your name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is thank.
Speaker 2: You for listening to us. So, I know you're calling about the AI artificial intelligence conversation we're having. I just want to remind people that then this is this blew my mind actually so so. Sisney was telling us a story about how AI can take an artist's voice and make up songs and lyrics that sound just like the artists, but they're not them and they have not authorized anybody to do it, but artificial intelligence can do it.
Speaker 10: So what yes, well, yeah I heard that. It was creepy.
Speaker 12: It was it was really like scary like to even hear that.
Speaker 10: And that's what kind of brought me up because I saw it on TikTok I think the other day, and I saw that AI called a mother and said that the AI was saying, oh, your.
Speaker 11: Daughter's kidnapped, and the voices were actually her daughter and she was at work. She she went straight to her house and she went and her daughter was in the room like fine, and but it was totally asking her for like money and all this stuff. But the girl, like the sound of the girl was actually like how did.
Speaker 2: They get the sound of the girl? Like, I don't understand where they get that girl's voice from.
Speaker 10: The people were saying from like Alexa and stuff like that, like when you tell Alexa to do things or something like that, Like it.
Speaker 2: Holds your Yeah, it's we're doomed because if that's happening now and you think about here, for example, this is this, this is not jay Z. Doesn't so young. They become with biggest spots, a version of a song that does not exist from jay Z, and yet it was creative. It's frightening and I don't understand it all. But if you already hear your kid on the other end of a call being kidnapped or held hostage, and that was just a I. I don't even know what words to say right now.
Speaker 3: We're most risk artist and people that talk on the radio, well we're not risk everybody.
Speaker 10: So people and what people are saying is like on TikTok, they're saying, like to create a safe word in case of like what anybody happens with your family or anything like that, a safe word that no one will know.
Speaker 6: That's a good idea.
Speaker 10: It happened, okay, but it's scary.
Speaker 3: I've heard about these scams. So it happened to my mother in law. This exact same scam happened to her, but it wasn't with like a I. They they called her and said that they had her daughter, and in a panic, she just was in a panic. She said her name. She's like, wait, you haven't and then she said her name just like you don't realize and then and then they said yes. And then there was a girl in the background that basically like you couldn't really make out the voice. But then she went and her daughter wasn't there at the time. She called her in a different phone and realized that she was safe, and so but they were asking for money, and it was like a whole thing.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that is that's that's scary exactly like that happened a couple of years ago, and he actually gave money to them. So but it was, it was, it was scary. They wouldn't let him off the phone. Of course, they didn't want to let you off the phone to call anyone. But yeah, he said about like four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's it's it's it's I can't believe have to say it. But anytime something seems out of the ordinary, you have to question its authenticity. You just have to. Yeah, I know, yeah, thank you for what's our safe pass.
Speaker 6: We're going to be well, we don't want to say it here.
Speaker 2: Why because all right, we'll write it down, okay and text it to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, text it.
Speaker 2: To no one can get your text mm hmm.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: That's gonna wrap it up for us today. I'm looking ahead to tomorrow. I don't know what you guys are doing between now and then, but come back because it's a Ryan's roses tomorrow. Now one direction, love this one kiss. Thanks for listening to on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe, and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.