Speaker 1: Hey, Challenge Family.
Speaker 2: It's Devin Simone and of course I'm Davon Rodgers and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 1: Davon, we have a spicy interview coming up today with Burnap, But before we get into that, let's break down this episode. Tell people what they want to know.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, Well, well let's start with the challenge. Okay, it was called Control Tower, and in this they had to get inside of these cars. Baby, these little bitty cars. Some people could drive, some people could not, Some had to communicate, some people had to do maths.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Kaylin because you're held down the ford.
Speaker 2: Then they ended up winning, finally collecting the bag, get in the check.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of y'all.
Speaker 1: Yes, go team.
Speaker 2: Now it comes down to the House vote. We get to the House vote. Raven goes in, she pleads her case. She does pretty well for the first time. Congratulations to you, Raven. She still ends up getting voted in. She gets down.
Speaker 1: There and she decides to Pickhui.
Speaker 2: WHOA didn't expect that, but she picks a Huey gets down in there to the elimination.
Speaker 3: Elimination it's called dirty D's. Now.
Speaker 2: In this they got a d and the digging and pick out these objects, which eventually leads to a Paul wrestle. Baby, you know that's my thag I love a good pole wrestle.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, Raven ends up winning who he goes home?
Speaker 2: And that brings us, ladies and gentlemen to our gold star and time out Devin, Who.
Speaker 4: You got What?
Speaker 1: An excellent recap. Also, did you guys hear the joy in Davon's voice when she started talking about Poul Wrussell. I'm gonna remember that if she ever gets voted into one. Okay, she needs to keep that same energy I did and I won, and that's why she loves it. This week had a lot going on. First of all, can I just say that this challenge looks fun. I wish my math teacher used these kind of methods to teach. Maybe I would have paid attention and made my homework in on time. Hughie even saying that he thought he was on a date with his partner was hilarious. Aesop saying he loves these people like everyone clearly is rallying around the fact that they're actually working together. Finally, for once, also shout out to Big t for being told by her driving instructor that the driving instructor no longer wants to instruct her. That is so bad. But also, my English teacher once told me I could no longer handwrite any of my assignments, so you know, I feel your pain. Dig Tea. Also Michelle saying she's waiting for the other shoe to drop because things are going so well. Account girl, the shoot undropped it, undropped it in the box. It's like put back on the shelf. But she doesn't know yet, so that is sad and terrible. A lot of things going on. Loving this episode. Okay, let's talk about contenders. Oh before we get to contenders for time out, I just want to shout out Kylin rethinking his cuddleship with Melissa because she's getting into it with Berna. That is Hilaire. You can literally see him doing this mad right now as they are fighting, being like, did I think this through so funny? No you did not, Kylin. But it is okay, all right, So for my time out for the week, I'm gonna have to say I'm giving it to Melissa. I understand no one wants to be called a bully, but just the way she freaks out about it and starts yelling when Berne is so calm, is just a little bit the most and by a little bit, I mean a lot of bit. Bill, Your point gets lost when you yell. Just calm down, so I know, but you don't ever tell a woman to calm down. That's another thing. But I'm saying it now that I'm sure she is calm, but she's gonna get my time out, and then my gold star is actually gonna go tohoy. She really does seem like a ray of sunshine in the house. And then the way she even speaks about being chosen for the elimination and she's just so Positivehuy, you're like one big hug wrapped up in another hug. So I am sending you hugs. You get a gold star. I definitely hope we see you back. And I think it's big for TJ to acknowledge that she's like the kindest person ever. That is a really big deal. And TJ definitely seems more talkative as the seasons go on, like more communicativeative, more supportive. I'm not a fan of his tan shirt, but that's okay, Like he's really just I like seeing this side of TJ. Who would you say, day or your gold star and time out for this week.
Speaker 2: Definitely has to divide my goal star this week Betweenhoy and Kyland. So I'm gonna give it to Hue again to piggyback what you said, great girl like and even going back to her first season when she was voted in as well, she same attitude like, okay, well I came here to do it, so you know, let's do it. Always a great sport no matter what, like you know, smile on her face. And then also the other challengers have been saying that that's just who Yes, she's you know, so she's just a great girl. So definitely going to give half of my goal starts to her. The other half, I'm gonna give it to Kyland for coming in and being the mathematician or as Melissa said, math magician.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go ahead.
Speaker 2: And give it to Kyland because he came through and he listened without the math portion, there was no moving of the vehicles.
Speaker 1: So was it a shout out to Ed too? Because Ed came in in a moment and did some help there as well. And yeah, I as an engineer because Ed definitely gives me labrador vibes in like a good way, and so I forget that he's an engineer, but he is like yes to add on that as well. Such a great episode and congratulations to Raven for winning this elimination. Well, hopefully this gives her a much needed reset in the house. I don't know if it's going to, but hopefully it does someone else who hopefully will have an opportunity for a much needed reset. Today's guest well Burna, Ooh, we got a spicy one. She spice sometime. I think you described her as like a sour Patch kid right, like, sometimes she's sometimes she sour. You'll see what we're gonna get. But I actually think you guys are going to be very pleasantly surprised and have a lot of feelings about this interview. So I'm excited to hear what you guys think about this one. But grab a snack, grab all the treats, get comfy, get cozy, maybe get some Sour Patch kids, and then cuddle up and listen to this episode. With the One the Only Berna Berna coming up right after.
Speaker 2: This, we have yet another amazing guest for you guys. This week on the podcast. I am so excited Devin and I are being joined by the amazing the Spice see the lovable Barna.
Speaker 4: Yes girl, Hey, hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, we are so excited to have you. When now we're wondering if we're gonna get spicy Berna today or sweet Berner today.
Speaker 4: It's bos in there all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love a good power patch.
Speaker 3: We love a good power patch.
Speaker 1: We do. How did it feel to come back, because it's been a while, we were just talking about it, Berner, right, it's been what almost two years since we last spoke on that Challenge aftermath? How do you feel coming back into the Challenge house? Were you excited? Did you do anything special to prepare well?
Speaker 4: After my first season, the like, you know, everything went so viral and crazy, the attention. It was my first time on the American show. It was a dream come true. So I was hoping to get a callback like everyone does, and you know, for Ride or Dice. I got a call back, but we couldn't find like my Ride or Die whatever. Padda thought about Nelson, then we thought about Turbone that wasn't really working out because these people had few people. So I was actually ready since a year before. You know, I was ready waiting. So after the season, which was amazing because I watched it, I was like, well that would like it was a good season. So I was like, wow, if there's a chance to come back after these kind of rookies again now there were like new rookies, I was like whoa, and like it's getting better and better. And then I got a callback and I was like, I'm ready, let's go.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy you brought that up. I totally forgot you. And Nelson had a.
Speaker 4: Thing right, Oh yeah, you know I always talk highly about him and I will always do because as a person is amazing. As a lover, I don't know, really, we weren't real lovers. We were like kind of flirty.
Speaker 1: I mean a little more than flirting burning No.
Speaker 4: No, no for me, no, I mean we were flirting and we fell for each other and we truly get our characters and stuff. We loved each other as a person, but we never became a couple. Couple after the show, we tried kind of thing. But you know it's perfect like it is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you guys still keep in touch?
Speaker 4: I mean after everything happened to him, and just start breaking. Yeah. I wrote him like thousands of times. He talked to me whenever he could because it's hard to go through it. And I can say that I've been through what he's going through. But I lost my leg almost two I couldn't work for three years, so I could relate.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been like on survive. I had a big fall off and three years of surgery and like really no hope. So I could wrote him, write him a different kind of motivation, different kind of speech, and he truly, like I felt his words when he said, wow, like you give me hope, And I was like, just don't give up because people will even will be like, well it should have been better by now, but you know it's it's it's a surprise, it's a I don't know, it's a you never know what's going to come. So always hopes up, prayers, you know, everything can be amazing again. And I wish him the best for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's really sweet of you when you so in preparation for coming into this season, and like you said, you actually were prepared even last season because you'd gotten a call, which I love that insider info. Did you plan on coming in as hot as you did, because it felt like you just came in like a wrecking ball, burn up. What was the strategy behind that?
Speaker 4: I know people don't believe me, and I will say it over and over again when I come to any kind of sort of done. Until today, I never planned to be in a kind of character way or I always plan to be the sweet, nice girl that I truly am in sight. But of course, when you see like I always say, if you're intelligent, or if your feeler like you, if you feel the vibes around you earlier than anybody else does, then it's it's it's hard to explain to the others until they get it, how can I explain it? So I felt from the beginning something is off, There's some things going on. People will not confirm, people will hide these things. And I felt it already. I felt like already, like alliances that I didn't know of, I felt already that people like to my face, I felt those things. And if I feel you, look if you're against me or for me or whatever, neutral if you're being honest to my face, I can work with that. Even if you're not good with me, like Melissa was, you know, but if you're like acting the girl I didn't know about that and d D and then I see and feel different patterns, then I'm like, girl, like, don't fuck with me. Just be honest, like.
Speaker 1: At least you think was lying.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, the thing is lot of things happened off camera, yes, I would say, and also on camera.
Speaker 1: But behind what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, so first it's only the do you know what, I think a lot of people want to know. You know what if I see these seasons, like these episodes, I'm like, girl, I didn't know ship. Sometimes I want to more things. Yeah, so okay, So what I can say is that when we came into the like before even the the like when we were flewing into the airport. Yet people don't see that me coming from Germany Berlin totally by myself, only having my phone, talking to maybe few people that I knew who are maybe coming, you know, they were like Michelle Emanuel that I knew from my season. There's a lot of people that I didn't know, and I don't have to know. It's cool, but few people reach out to me. Like Nelson, he was like reaching out to a lot of people and telling everyone the same thing. Take care of nouris you can work with her. So it's going there's things going on behind the scenes, which is totally normal on the challenge that I've learned, but then I didn't do. It's my second season. And also I talked to Michelle since two years and we've been really close friends to be honest, like we've always checked on each other. And even after the first season, we were like praying, like, oh do we get a callback, you know, because we wanted to be back on And so for me, my trust person was Michelle, and I didn't know how close she were with the people. After I saw how close they were. So my closest person and my heart was of course Emanuel and Michelle. Right, So when I came and these American people, they flew together out to Croatia, so these people they already made talking and vib it and drinking together. You know, things happen. So when we arrived, I've been Also that's also a nice side note, I've been so sick. Yeah, so until three weeks in recording the whole thing, like until the third episode, I've been so sick, and you don't see it anywhere. Oh, okay, I have fever. I'm on my period. It's crazy, crazy, like shaky inside of my body. I don't feel myself. I feel extremely stressed because of my really physically because in the game. Also, I mean, Devin, you know, if people get that you're not on your best physical moment, people go for you. Yeah. Yeah, So I tried to hide my fever like this, my dad. It was too much of hiding. And also, even if you see people are fake into your face, you cannot call them out straight away because you gotta be you know, to be clever, maybe waiting for your moment or whatever. So a lot of things went on in the beginning, and just for you as an insight in the bus, before we chose our rooms, I've asked Michelle and I actually didn't ask her. I asked her for a favor. I said, Michelle, I really need to be with you in a room. She was like why. I was like, first of all, I'm sick. Second of all, because of my first season, I know that the room is very important, right should be? Yeah, the room should be something where you load a little bit your energy, where you can talk to someone, and of course there can be someone from another alliance if you want to play this game, but.
Speaker 1: The space exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: Because for me some I don't want to call out anyone here. But I know for a fact, if you're not physically or mentally prepared, you you know, you want to just be about other alliances strategies. But if you're physically strong enough, you don't even always have to talk about game because you trust yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's what I asked Michelle. I was like, listen, like, I really need someone like you only actually to be in a room with.
Speaker 1: Did she say at the time, like, yes, I'll do it, or was.
Speaker 4: She she was, Oh my, I mean Michelle is always the person who was a pleaser since they won. So she said she will always say to everyone exactly what they want to hear. So she she said like, yeah, if I hear something, I will make a range, like I will try And at this point that was already clear. Until this day they say no it wasn't, but it was.
Speaker 2: I saw it, you know, you know what I at of clarity because in the first episode, we see you have this, for lack of a better phrase, a meltdown about the room situation. Yeah, because we didn't know what was going home behind closed doors. It just looked like you were like freaking out for no reason, and so we were all concerned, like, why is she having a fit about the rooms? It's not that, yeah, but now we get you had already tried to make these arrangements.
Speaker 4: That and also totally but it was that. And then also Mariah called me out really cloudly in the bus. She was like, what are you talking about? And I was like, I'm asking politely if I can be in a room with Michelle and she was like, no, no, no, we already had the rooms. And then I looked at Michelle was like, I thought you didn't have the rooms. And then Michelle said, oh, I didn't make up the room rooms, and so it was a mess. So wow for me. For me, I didn't know Mariah or people. They can lie to me. I don't care. But if you come to yourself, my friend in this case, Michelle, don't you lie to me. You know, like at least you and there you know, in this game, if you start and you know it goes like two months almost and you want to make it to the final and you see in the first few days people lied to you that you wanted to trust to you fucked.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sorry, anybody really look I like Michelle, I like Davon knows where I'm going with this, and I like Michelle downs are entertaining. Tom Holland likes Michelle. You know. That says a lot. But if your.
Speaker 4: Name survivor Michelle.
Speaker 1: He does he does like Fiber Michelle Michelle. But I bet he probably finds entertainment in Challenge Michelle. But can you really trust Michelle unless your name is Jay. I don't know that she's ever shown that you really.
Speaker 4: You know what, Devin, I want to tell you. I would like before this season or the episode now, I would have been like, of course you can, you know. But now I'm somewhere there where you guys are because I saw so the last Challenge A season, you know, the USA, So I saw her dirty ways. It reminds me of the pattern that I felt as well, So I was like, WHOA, what a twist? So and also it made so much sense now because she did me wrong already, So I blame myself a little bit now. After the first season that we did together, she of my friend and talk to me almost every day and we're on the podcast with Ashley and Amanda and we're talking shit about me. So yeah, So it's and then after this, because I'm a person, I call out people like.
Speaker 5: You like if you see yeah, I'm like, I may be a melt down person crying whatever, but I will always ask what's actually your point, even if it's not a nice point of view whatever to hear.
Speaker 4: I really want to know what's your point that if you want to, like, if you have something against me, I want to know why it's cool? But why you know? So I call like.
Speaker 3: You like to be stabbed in the front not the bank?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. I I just it's just like it brings you nothing if you fake yourself even you know, Like I'm like, girl, you don't have to love me, And I tell myself, I'm so not perfect. Look at me. I'm I'm I want to love and then I scream I want to do this, and then I do this, and but afterwards I'm like, oh, guys, sorry, I sucked off.
Speaker 1: Like I let's let's get into that. Because we saw a week or two ago, right, you were talking about stresses and it seems like he knows where I'm going it seems like we're kind of on the outs with the girls in the house and you're sitting on the couch and you're talking to Melissa, who is I believe a licensed therapist or counsel Colleen, licensed therapist or counselor. Sorry, not all blondes look alike a licensed therapist or counselor. And Colleen is being like very patient, and she's like listening to you, and she's like trying to give advice and you use it. Okay, then tell me, tell me where.
Speaker 4: You know you know the moment when like, I will just give you all an example so you can actually, yeah, you want to know exactly. So it's not about someone giving your someone else and advice and this person's like shop, I don't want to listen to I'm always open for advice. But first of all, you got to check the position from the other person. You cannot say I studied this and that's why you know better. It's not how it works in this world. Yeah, so you gotta if I go to the doctor and I have a bump, he's gonna position, but he's probably gonna be like hundred percent. But how much how much did she work in this in this job. You know, there's also a thing I don't and I don't want to call her out. It's it's not about that, it's about this person like she came in totally. Also, so I'm the only person who put Colleen into the picture of trust because people didn't trust her, okay, and I did. I did back work very hardcore in the first two episodes, but it's not there was it wasn't airing. But there's Ja and Michelle. You can always ask for and they will back me up on this. Everybody, Immanuel, Jay and Michelle, which is almost everybody because if they say something, people would real listen. So Jay always said to me, I trust you Bernad because you're someone at least okay, you have a lot of drama going on, but at least you were like on to my face if I ask, like, where do you stand? Yes, So that was always my at least people call.
Speaker 1: Me that way. They didn't know.
Speaker 4: They didn't know because of the season before she called herself the mole whatever she did, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was just trying to be in your business.
Speaker 4: No. I knew from the second that she's the German girls that I always meet in Germany because I'm from here. These German girls are like so they look untrustworthy, but they have a good heart, but they have to talk differently to people who are like maybe foreign us or maybe well heeded. And she's like also, so how can I say by the roots, by the book. So I told her everyone like Jay and michaell, no, you can't trust her. She's amazing. She had like I have her bag, and they all were like, if you tell us that you trust her, we can try to trust her. So I always fight or not only for me, but also for her really truly.
Speaker 1: And when she was on the couch and have the complaints that she it's not like she's coming to us complaining that I'm just talking saw of the moment on the couch.
Speaker 4: No, no, because after this couch moment, I felt bad too. And then I went to and I was like, listen, I do so much work for you too. That's why you don't have so much stress. That's why you can easily tell me to chill and come up. But you are not the one who's stressing for yourself. I am, so please don't give me advice. I do double work here and I appreciate your friendship. What I need is support only, not like any advice, because if I would be sitting back and having a girl working for me, I would also give good advice. Believe me.
Speaker 1: Are you usually receptive to advice? How would your friends rate you on a scale of one to ten in receiving advice or input from friends people you trust?
Speaker 4: Do you you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And like Emaniel, you can ask him too. It's not there's a time if I'm in the heat. Yeah, there is always hard to listen. But Emmanuel thousand times, or like even Jay or Michelle, like, they gave me a lot of advice and they weren't wrong. What Colleen later on? She gives me advice and.
Speaker 1: You didn't like yeah, yeah better at that time?
Speaker 4: Okay, good even if I listened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you snap sometimes burner makes people want to run away.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were you were on edge this season? Like really really on edge? Do you feel like you were on edge? And if so, what were what was your real Like? Do you just feel like I had to be on edge because it was just so in there?
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, they're right, I've been on it for sure, But I mean I've always tried to still still, you know, I went inside of the game sick for real. It was. It wasn't funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes it hard.
Speaker 4: It was really hard, really really and I don't want any sympathy for it, but I know how it was. It was very hard.
Speaker 1: Looking at it now, Bernard, would you have told I know before your strategy right of not telling people how you were feeling, which makes sense because you're right. If they get us in weakness, people are going to, you know, use that as an opportunity to vote for you, right, because they're like, oh, she's sick. But because the flip side of that is that being sick means sometimes you can't be your best self, right because you're tired and you're not sleeping well, and you can't breathe well and you're coughing, you know whatever. Do you think if you could go back and start over again, you would tell some people you weren't feeling well and like what you're struggling with, or do you think you'd still kind of keep it a secret.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like later on people like after a week or something, people get it, Like people saw it. I was coughing, so I felt so unwelcomed and uncomfortable anyway, to be honest, like it was a roller coasta because if you I mean, even if you're not sick in this house and you don't move properly, somebody said season and be like, oh that's not good. Yeah, oh people make it a big thing. So my it was even it wasn't that barm Even in Greatian people got sick because of the weather. People said, oh, it's because of Berner. She made us sick.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It was crazy like and that's and that's also and I don't want to be like I was the victim here, but to be honest, people really clept on people really quickly had like friends or lovers or romanticism. I was like still lost in the in the middle. Yeah, my luck, My biggest alliance was what my strengths?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your strengthly to be honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I'd say, Berna, your dance moves, because I thought you looked great dancing outside of the tub. I was like, okay, Berna, did she work at a club, Like okay, I thought you looked great and I didn't see. Now we weren't there, so we want to hear your take. But I didn't see like, of course there were people giggling doing whatever in the hot tub, but I didn't see anyone. It didn't look like they were specifically And they tell me if you saw this, like, they didn't look like anyone was specifically targeting and looking at you making fun of you. Like I said, I thought you looked great. So looking back at it now, do you feel like watching it back on TV, do you feel like they were making fun of you? Or tell us a little bit more about what happened at like wait, the hot time thing.
Speaker 4: So it's the bullying, and bullying triggered Molly the whole, like all the little events until the hot top. So it was always, Yeah, it was not only one time. It was like a lot of times when I you know, I had so much anxiety a lot of times that I was in my room, didn't want to I wanted to go upstairs to the people because I was so scared if I do say something wrong or behave somehow wrong in their eyes, because they were little groups already, so people already, you know how the hardest thing in this world is if somebody made a reception of you and you're a different person than.
Speaker 1: This hard to change it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my god, it's so hard. And sometimes you find yourself in this perception because they made you believe you like this. It's crazy. So I started to be annoyed with myself because they were annoyed with me. And this was the moment when I was like, whatever I did, I hated it. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore and I will never Yeah, it was very, very bad. And I try really not to be emotional right now, I really say it like from the outside, been there, done that. But Olivia came up to me. She was like, what is up with you? Like, what's wrong? I see something as triggering in you. It does has nothing to do with the game anymore. And I was like, yeah, it's like I cannot look at myself in the mirror. I feel so ugly, I feel so not loved. I'm not it's not about alliance anymore. Yeah, and then she started to cry. She was like, this is the worst that anybody can't feel anywhere, So we gotta change that. How can we change it? And I was like, it would be nice if you ask me, Like, you know, they claim to me sometimes and we're like what's wrong, Burner? Are you okay? Burna instead to say good morning, Burner, how are you? The questions were so odd. They were like always like acting like I'm already in a bad mood. I'm already rude, I'm already. So they put me in this situation a lot of times. I think, even noticing what they did, that's what I really said to Melissa too. So even when the moment in the hot top I was dancing, I think in the moment when I was dancing, they weren't laughing. Really, I didn't even see it because I was busy dancing, But I remember I took off, I took the speaker on my shoulder and had a first time, a good time because I was also a little drunk. And I remember when Melissa started with nourice, I guess to say, put this speaker down. Put the speaker down, and a few seconds ago, like literally a few seconds ago, emmany had it on the shoulder and nobody said anything, okay, like nobody, nobody, nobody, And that was where I went put it down and went to Melissa, and no reason was like what is your fucking problem? Girls, Like what's the deal, Like why do you see everything I do and everyone else would they do like people jump from shoulder to shoulder.
Speaker 1: No, it's like Manuel could have the speaker and play and do it, but as soon as you did it, it became a problem. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it goes again like oh Burner And I was like what, like what like let me live like.
Speaker 2: You know what, I gotta turn my camera on because finally I gotta turn my camera on because no, because I want to. I want Bernard to see my face when I say this. You made a comment where you said, you know, eventually you started to believe the things that they were saying about you, and you said it was hard for you to start looking at yourself. And I just want to let you know, baby, this game is just that.
Speaker 3: It's a game.
Speaker 2: And you can't ever get so consumed with the way that these people feel about you, because they will use that as a strategy to try to take you down. You are a very strong woman, very opinionated, very straightforward person, and that's intimidating to a lot of people. A lot of people can't handle that. And so if they can put you in a position to make you yourself feel weak or weaken you in any kind of way for strategic purposes, they'll do that, So never feed into that. I do feel like you will get called back again, and I do feel like you will go back into the game. And when you do, never ever, ever let these people put you in a position to feel like you are what they say you are.
Speaker 3: Stand firm on who you are before you came into.
Speaker 2: The game at all times, even if you got to go look in the mirror and say, hey, my name is.
Speaker 3: Bernad dem and I am who I am, and.
Speaker 2: You know, just remind yourself for who you are, but never allow these people to take you out of who you are.
Speaker 4: Ever. Thank you so much. I'm very happy that after like the Melissa thing, also even Melissa and people like started to see how not funny it is to put people down for strategic ways. There's other ways of strategy. You know, you can you can not. I mean, you can put a person more mentally. You can mentally drain person. That's fair enough in the game. But if you if you see that this person starts to struggle in sight of their being because of kind of like there's a fine line between antally strategy and this person doesn't feel right mentally anymore like bullying kind of way. And it was literally it was very It became really dark. I felt like, oh my god, what am I doing here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So speaking of it being a dark place, let's go to the lamp breaking. Was it you that broke the lamp or was it Melissa? Because it wasn't clear watching.
Speaker 4: So okay, I want to tell you guys. So first of all, so I went I asked, no reason, Melissa, why for what are they lefting at? Yeah? So this is so I put the speaker down. I went to Manissan, no reason, and I was like, why are you lefing? Tell me right now? It's not about me? Because I because this was very clear it was about me. And then they and then I said that you guys are bullies and they were like getting so sended like they were like, do you know what it means in America? Do you know what it means in England? And I was like, guys know what? I didn't. I didn't know what it means because people tried to explain me later, but it was exactly what they did. Even though they didn't want to do it, they did it. Yeah, because they I was in the room, they were laughing about me. Exactly. This is a bully and to this day, I will talk about this word. It's they kind of bullied me. They're not doing it in purpose and stuff, but I felt so yeah, totally, and it was they were purposely laughing about me. And even if they were saying no, because nobody wants to be this person, but they did. And I'm not doing this, but.
Speaker 1: Wait, who but who broke the lamp?
Speaker 4: Though? Yeah? And then I after that we tried to talk with Melissa about it. She started the scream scream, scream, scream, scream. And this is the thing where I'm coming into place, is I'm someone I know if somebody screams doesn't mean he's right or wrong, because screaming is just like a self pianism. It's a traumatizing behavior whatever. I get it. But I'm also traumatized with screaming woman because I grew up with one. So for me, I wanted to not touch her for sure. First of all, she's a beautiful woman and the mother and we're on television and I did that mistake on Survivor twenty fourteen. I did that mistake when I was a child. So I was like listening to her. But when you the moment when I go down and go back up laughing, This is the moment when I start to left that I get really out of control of my behavior. Yeah so I was very I was so short. Give her some.
Speaker 1: Feel like we're leading up to the fact that you were the one who indeed Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Yeah so I yeah, h so I went back and people were like, oh my god, she's insane. And then I saw the lamp and gave the lamb like a hit, like boom, and this lamp made the own character out of it and exploded. It was crazy, and people were like, Okay, she's it. But I'm actually very happy that I didn't touch anyone by the letter.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, that's fair. It's not fair to the lamp, but it's fair that you didn't touch anyone else. It also helped keep you from being at risk of getting sent home. But yeah, it wasn't clear about who broke it, and I'm glad we got that cleared up. I do want to take a quick break though. Maybe we do a brief moment of silence for the lamp. So stay right there. Everyone will be right back after this, all right, welcome back everyone. So we got some inklings of some other chaos that's not centered around you, But I do want to get your take on it, because you're obviously in the house. What's going on with Mariah and James? Like did she mention that she was still talking to bananas in the house at all? Like what? Because we see them flirting, Like did James know about the whole bananas thing? What's going on at this point in the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Mariah, I've met her in the house and we talked lots of times then also about bananas because she you know, she told some people because people were like, oh my god, are you sure she was really she was very confused. That's that I can confirm that she was very confused. But she wasn't confused about James ever. She liked James from the beginning she met him. He has a great character, by the way, he's an amazing person, to be honest, He's a very nice looking man.
Speaker 1: And for the first time on the flight, like flying over there was that their first.
Speaker 4: I don't know, they actually got along and closer in the house, to be honest, Okay, but there wasn't anything planned, nothing before they started in the house with us all together, and what I asked to her One day I went to Mariah, I was like, I know it's none of my business, but people are like, oh my god, what is the deal with you in Banannas? And she said, she said, Bernard, we are not a couple. We were talking, but before I started to come here, I made him clear that this what we have doesn't go anywhere because it's doesn't it doesn't feel really right, That's what she said. But she wasn't there wasn't in a relationship, and she wasn't planning to meet someone. But they weren't even in a relationship. So for me as a woman, yeah, that's what I asked her too, and she said, yeah, they both talked about it, that they were like good but I mean, of course, she said also he was more into her in the end of the time than she. But I don't want to talk about them now. I don't want to talk for anyone. But I truly felt what she said when she said, I do respect him and like him a lot, but I never liked him like the way I like James. So why should I not do this for me when I'm not in a relationship with someone. That's what she said.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you sharing that. I know that. In the preview for upcoming episodes, we see her in what looks to be tears over it.
Speaker 4: So it'll be but she was tearing up because people made her feel so so bad.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean maybe it was warranted, but I don't know. We'll get there, we'll see. But it feels a little shady. It feels a little unclear.
Speaker 4: For me too, For me too, since to this day, I was like, girl that she really knew the right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But you know the thing is, I think sometimes I don't know, so emotions are so ricky. I think they weren't in a relationship, but they were connected in somehow situationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, relationship, but one that had been going a long time. So it'll be interesting to see how yeah, and see how all that. But let's move to the challenge of this week. You guys finally did it. You finally were organized, got the communicated, you finally added one plus one and saw it equal to the sea. Won the money. I'm so round of applause for you guys. Get a beautiful job. It looked like actually like a really fun daily challenge. What do you think changed about the team? Like, what did you guys talk about a strategy beforehand? It just seemed like it was much more organized this time. Tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so before that game, the last game was so so so messy and so hurtful. We heard each other physically, like literally physically we were hurt and it was very draining. And also we just saw that it makes no sense if all of all of us talk to all of us.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, nobody was hissing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's maybe right that we all know because we're all sportive and we all have big opinions blah blah blah blah. But can you just come down and get the money, like, you know, I don't care anymore, Like I need the money and we all need the money, so right and this Yeah, when when Tcher explained the game, we even when we were standing there, I could feel little calmness. It was different than before. Yah. Also, I think it's also because in the beginning a lot of people want to do too much, you know, so the first two weeks you were like, I want show that I'm crazy about that, and you know, it was crazy. Yeah exactly, And that's okay. We're somehow still rookies, you know, but when it comes to money, we've got to be, you know, more professional, and we're not here because we were like started yesterday doing this kind of games and shit, you know, we got to be a little bit more professional. Well, yeah, that's what happened. And also in this game, we had perfect people for perfect things to do, like the you know.
Speaker 1: Who mbps were of this this particular like daily challenge? Do you who would you say? Like what who were the like two guys two girl MVPs for this week's challenge.
Speaker 4: I think Ed was like Ed is a master and is so calm and all good a lot of things, and one of those is mathematic, Like it's amazing. I'm bet that. I'm so fand girling about that. And yeah, Michelle did a great job for short. Yeah, oh my god, Michelle's just because I remember before that she didn't want to do it. I went up to her and I was like, you gotta do it, like people listen to you. You and Jay are like one of those hosts of our group, so please be the host.
Speaker 1: Yeah and yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Then I would give it to Kyland and j for Shore like for people, yeah they yeah, but all the but to be honest, all the people, like all of us we worked together. Corey next to me were so loving. He always were like, great job for everything was great. Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: What did you think when you saw him in this episode? So when the girls came, which we're gonna get into the deliberation a little bit by the way, because I actually think the girls played a smart game. But when the girls came to the guys, Corey and I forgot who else was in the room, and they said, heye, just so you know, we're gonna we're going to burn boats, right, We're gonna leave it in the guy's hands, kind of giving you some names. And then Corey kind of goes on this rant and day I want to know your thoughts too. Because Corey started, it felt a little power trippy. It did feel a little like, well, they don't know what we're gonna do. Well, now I could just say this, I could vote TEAJ and if I went, I mean obviously in a pair of felt he can't say that part. But it felt it was very comfortable unearned comfort. Yeah, right, Like it felt like you think you're so high up, but you haven't earned it. And that's just in conjunction with some of the messiness we've seen in the last couple episodes around Big Tea, around where it seems like maybe one thing was said but another thing was done. So, Bernard, what was your take watching that? And Day Yeah, what's your vibe and watching it as well?
Speaker 4: First of all, I want to say, all of this what I saw with you guys on this episode, I didn't know about until the last minute. People took me off of any plan until the last second. Really, yeah, so it wasn't you know. That's also a shit. It's so funny when they say all the girls knew about the planet. Yeah, well I am a woman. I didn't. I knew about it the last very second. Raven know about it the last very second, I guess because as I said, like in the beginning, as we see some other people have the strings in the hands and act like everybody knows about the strings, right, nobody did, right? So I think the guys wasn't again, weren't against the plan and like specific against the plan, but they were like so laid on in brought into it. So they were like what if they plan on actually, you know, throwing us off and making another.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, the guys who really hate now we saw a couple confessionals. So first there was who called I think Hugh We called the girls cowardly. Corey said it means it could you know, you lose control that way and it cannot you go your way, fun Factory. Even though this part of the game is called control, you have not you have not. You guys have none at all, So they're not really losing control like that. I see nothing. But yeah, what what are your thoughts about them saying that that was a weak game move? Do you think it was smart for the girls too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I think the guys, like especially Corey and Chewey said it this way, but they don't especially mean this way because I know Corey and I know Korey. I won't talk for Corey, not too much, but I know that he's not someone who's getting a poor trip out of very second of power. But he's doing sometimes he can't read the room. And also I think he wanted to call out those people like Olivia, Nourice and Mariah to say, hey, girls, you just want to clean your ass because you don't want to say Raven, but actually you wanted to say Raven, So why don't you say Raven.
Speaker 1: Because it was smart of them not to say Raven exactly.
Speaker 4: But that's what no. I just tried to explain what no, no, no, all.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not directing this at Hubert. I'm just saying, like, I agree with your theory of what he was passive as were trying to say. But I don't know, I just feel like he's very like he led the charge of trying to get big Ta out a couple episodes sodes ago, and then now it seems like he feels like there's power and anytime someone doesn't say a name, that's okay, like there I actually and just yeah, it could be strategy. And anytime you vote the same way the group does, that could also be seen this week like it's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm with you Devan on that. Because I was never part of this. When people were like, oh, why are you not showing your colors or like when they talked about it in this in the deliberation and some people started to change their mind, I was like, be with the group whatever, another alliance says, just just like, don't you know, Like as Corey, I would have been like, okay, cool, so and then I would go to my alliance and be like, Okay, guys, we're gonna do this, but next time, before we are the next ones, let's like, let's be safe that we are not the next ones.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, in the UK, I agree with.
Speaker 2: The Chancey vote though, or was it the big the UK get this burning thing before?
Speaker 4: Didn't they? Yeah, they did, but this was something. So it's always the different kind of situation, of course, and with Chauncey it was a different kind of situation. We didn't know what Chancey's up to because he tried to be like like in our eyes. We didn't know because with the people he wanted to work with, he started to be with another group, and.
Speaker 2: So concept of burning a vote that happened, you know, And I'm just trying to figure out if Corey had the same energy with that situation.
Speaker 4: But in the history of the challenge, it's always burning some votes and because of strategies. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: It's the standard. It's a weird standard. When people do that, it's just weird, Like.
Speaker 4: You know what I've learned. I've learned I've learned from city, Like you know, you gotta do what you gotta do until you're like in the.
Speaker 1: Bag, you know, Yeah, don't wave your gun, don't pull your shots. And if there was any unsolicited advice or I would give you. And I say unsolicited because I know you didn't ask for it, and it is okay, you can probably throw it away. I will feeling I love it, but I am just going to share it, all right, sister to sister, all right. In playing this game and strategy, I love that you are a direct communicator, and I love people in the game where you know where they stand, Like I love that so much way more than people where you are side eyeing them and you never really know. However, the same way we're talking about how burn boats can be good strategy, because it's kind of like, don't pull your weapons out of the holster until you absolutely have to. If you don't have to yet, save it, right, like save the bullets or save the whatever. Don't don't kind of wave your hand and show people what you're doing until you really really have to and you thought three steps ahead. I think the same can be true and how you communicate things with people. So people are getting on your nerves or people are doing things you don't like. I think even if you come at them with a slightly softer approach, it's kind of that keep your friends close, keeping your enemy's closer thing. It doesn't mean that you have to be you know, uh yeah, It just means that you you kind of stored away so that you can use it when it best works for you, rather than everyone seeing exactly like, oh, we know exactly who Burn is mad at today, or we know exactly how to get burna upset, or we know exactly how to make like Davon said.
Speaker 4: Exactly the way.
Speaker 1: Just keep it kind of use it strategically, because then it's much more powerful than this idea of oh I've got to like if I don't like someone right now, or if someone does something right now, I've got to tell them right now that doesn't sue you. And getting towards the end, I'm gonna keep Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want yeah, I want to say thank you. First of all, Devin, for sure, thank you so much. Next time before I go, I call you, you can. The second thing what I want to say is truly, you know when the beginning, in the beginning of my first season and after coming back to Berlin to Germany and people from here, they were like, hey, you got to call back again. Why do you go to the show again, because normally you don't go twice to shows like this. And I was also like, yeah, it's I think it's it's it's normal this per like this show, get going this way now now for the first time after the second time there, I understood of being back to back there or coming more seasons because exactly that is what you learn. Yes, so I think from season to season, you see, even if you're an amazing person inside, you got to learn how to bring it to the other side. Then do you have to be this amazing person all the time? Do you maybe can be not that amazing but still nice but you know going or do you want to just get the money or do you want to get more character things or you know, you learn and learn and learn. And what I've learned for sure, even after these three episodes watching it's like, oh wow, Berna. Because I'm a self critical person, never say like I was always right, I'm not this person because I know, you know, I'm coming from a childhood with a lot of traumas, so I know I do sometimes I get the emotions the best of me, and then I do sometimes behave wrong. I don't want to lie about that because I stopped laying to myself a long time ago. So I know it's hard. But exactly what you just said, I want to try and try to be better at better at the things that you now said. See you told me once other people did me wrong. Even all these things they're the biggest lessons. Or even people who went to the final but shady, but then other people who went to the final but loving. So I see all of these things. So who do you want to become on the Challenge? You know I'm there. I'm totally there, and I for me, I wrote things don't if I ever come back, I.
Speaker 1: Love that, you know, yeah, and that if you come back burner when you went back, bro you. But we also don't know how this season plays out, so don't give us any spoilers. We don't know yet.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 1: Are a Challenge staple you. The fact that they even called you for ride or dies to see if you're available, Like, yeah, they clearly love you. The audience resonates with you, you're definitely going to be back, and you're one hundred percent right. It is a learning lesson, Like that's the cool thing about the challenges. Yes, you get to be whoever you want to be in the Challenge House, but if you do it right, it also is an opportunity to really learn about yourself and you can use it for growth or you can use it to stay in the same place. Now, speaking of growth, let's talk about the opportunity for people to grow. And these speeches that they keep given at deliberation. Now, oh gosh, we after week burn of people just with their foot in their mouths with these speeches. What were's your thought when? I actually think yours was one of the better ones. I think it was actually the probably the only one we've seen so far where it didn't make you look worse. It was good, It made sense, it was it made me not one of both for you. I was like, oh, no, you know what, that's fair, like good, she's working on it, Like great, what do you think Raven's speech? Or sorry, now, yeah, what do you think Raven's speech was?
Speaker 4: So? First of all, even though I English is not my main language, I don't understand what they why they're using the wrong words. I don't. I don't, I just don't. I'm like, girl, that's your language. You could put everything out there and make me look like shit right now, and still you don't get it. Like it's not even just about Raven, it's also Chauncy also Jessica, what is even like I don't work with all of you? What you would work with all of us? Exactly what we don't want? Yeah? Been you here? Like do you know anything about the challenge? Like? No? So for me when Raven talked, it was a good start, but then she lost it. Yeah, you know when she said for me, for me, deliberations always for me, just for me, because I like these kind of things. As I said, I stopped lying to myself a long time ago. This is exactly what I don't do on deliberation. I won't like to myself because you know, guys, like if somebody lies to themselves or to you, you know, you're like, what are you even talking about? Like do you buy yourself your ship? Like that? You're like, that's stupid yea, even if you did wrong. Yeah, even in this case, Raven said something to Kieran, just say hey, I was emotional. I like this guy, I locked my side and I want to come back to it, like I did a mistake and if you want to do me, do me, but I will not do it again. And people will consider that. Yes, But if you're like, yeah, but I said it because I tried and them and then and then in the interview you say you regret it, it's too late. Not there say it in front of the people, please, you know, and you know I shouldn't maybe give this advice, but people stop lying like we get it, you know. Yeah, it's just you know, I really did a lot of people kind of of course, they put me in kind of situations. That's that's why I was rude and not good behaving. But in the end of the time, I could have chosen to be behaved differently and I didn't. Yeah, so I truly were sorry. And I don't say it to be the hero on the game, not at all. Come on, I was like very messy a lot of times, like inside of me mood.
Speaker 1: We love a queen who owns up to her stuff though you know what, you get an applause for that to Berna. We love someone up and be like, you know, what. I was an asshole that time, but I appreciate that, and I think that's why your speech came off as much more relatable and you know, just helpful. Do you think that was the thing that helped keep you out of elimination that week? Because we both thought I was like, Oh, and just for the listeners, by the way, just a little aside. So listeners constantly are saying, oh, whoever you have on as a guest, we know that means that person got eliminated. That is actually not true. I've tried to tell some of you guys in my DMS that that's not true. But not only is it not true, because we like to watch, I like to watch in real time. I usually ask our producer, our team for no spoilers. So when we have guests on, we don't even know what the outcome is for that guest yet, Like we don't know, so like we we're you know, when we start the interview with Berna, we don't know, is she here because she got eliminated? Is she here because she beat someone? Is she here because we don't actually go to the end. So so just for those when you see the podcast titled and you see or who our guest is. Please know that does not mean that you you know what.
Speaker 4: They can think whatever they want. But I can just say I didn't even know. I didn't even know how it will go, you know, And you know it's crazy the challenge. You never know. You could be going in and go home. You could be going in and be the beast of the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you think walking in that day though, or like walking to the arena, that people wouldn't say your name? Like had you heard that the boys were going to likely be saying Raven or so?
Speaker 4: I really is this I can say for sure, like what I've been good at since I'm a chi I'm good with boys. I am a tomboy. I am speaking the language of a lot of boys, and I don't I mean like the straight or words into your face kind of way. And all these boys in this kind of case, they liked it. So when I went to the room to day, I straight away said like, like, do you have any question about me as my personality or loyalty? If so, let me know. And they were like Bernard, no, but please stop, like stop being in the drama. And I was like, please, guys, you gotta believe me. It's not me putting myself into but they did. They truly believe my words because they know I'm not like trying to overplay people with something. So I had this luck. Yeah, I had this luck that my boys always been there for me. So I never felt safe because of the boys. But I knew if I have enough enough boys in the house, who backs me up? It's my number. My number is more there, you know. And also don't forget and I don't want to put myself up up there, but it's the control portion of the game. So it means you can't choose who you want to go.
Speaker 1: Again, who would you chose that if it was you, Berner, who would you pull down?
Speaker 4: Oh? You know it's I think, you know. For a long time, I was thinking to break up Alliance, which was like coming from Nourice, you know, you know, I felt like Nourie is a big big like this girl's like Alliance like Olivia, Nourice, Mariah and Raven. I was like not feeling well with these girls. So I was like, you know, big tim Melissa, it's not yet the time we can go there. Whatever, And Melissa and me got along a little better as you see. So I was like, hmmm, who is also a little like having good hands everywhere and a little quiet and know from the best how to behave in this Nelson, I was like, nourice, maybe I would go there.
Speaker 1: That would have been a spice and spy.
Speaker 4: Do you think you would have I mean, I saw the wrestle and I won't. You never know in the you know, like I look at Ember. Look at Ember. She's very skinny, and I thought she's a queen and wrestle, So you never know. But I know my ability, and I would say I would have won. But it was not even just wrestle. But if I would have catched her, I would have catched her. Raven was going to pick you. No, no, no's a this that I can say. Before we started to go in, we promised each other. I promised her and she promised me. Whoever goes down there, Yeah, we don't call each other as each other down because we already stressed so much in the house the whole time we got arrest.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that you guys are in an alliance now, like now that she's coming back into the house, does that mean you are raving?
Speaker 4: I think we never talked about it. But I can just confirm that we really talked about like this time around, if you go down, I don't.
Speaker 1: Because I was like going okay, yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Also I wasn't. What can I say? I think people in this game knew how strong physically I am, and I am physically strong. You know that I can say, and people know it's it's not a secret because I've been in Acrobat and I do MMA and stuff. So when it comes to physically things, people won't choose me. I knew it when I when I saw it, I was like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're like, they don't want this smoke. Why do you think Raven picked Hui, who, by the way, seemed like the sweetest personally.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ever, she just seemed like a little ray of sunshine. Shout out to Hui. Why do you think the.
Speaker 4: First of all, Hui was really always laughing and saying those things that she said because some people are doing it for camera, right, some people are these persons, And she was so cute, she was so supured, And yeah, Raven picked your Hui. Because to be honest, if you like her or not Raven in this case, or even if you like anyone who's going down there. It's not a time to show how crazy strong you're right if you want to go, Yeah, if you go to the final, if it's not your friend and you're not an alliance with and she is not that strong picker, why not? Why would you go for Bernard or even Colleen? I mean, Colleen maybe looks smaller, but there's for Hui, who's because we saw each other on the games and who was physically not that packed as I would say, as Colleen, because Colleen has looked a little bit stronger. So or even like Zaza, I would pick like Zasa or who may be also you know I will in this case even if I wouldn't go for Nourice because maybe if I come back I have a lot of stress with the house, I would have gone for Zasa maybe because Zara is very good and everything, but maybe not the rest because their arms are like sticks.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, that makes sense. And you know Bernard, so we know that you're in acrobat we know that you do MMA and you also for those who don't know, you played three seasons of Survivor Turkey. How does the challenge compare to doing Survivor in Turkey and what things did you take from that game that you brought to this game.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's so funny. So when I had a Survivor, I've been a child. I was like twenty three, four and seven, and I've been they're also very one of the good girls for sure, and early on, I've learned that when you're good in something anywhere in this world and a woman to be, it's not so much with applause. People will yeah, yeah, it's so it's weird. Until you're not a cham or a rising star, people will not clip. If you're working your way up, people are mostly like, oh, finding something. So I've learned that been I've been like I was ready for backlash back. Yeah, I was like ready for backlash, like, oh she's not that strong or something, you know, And so I was like, don't be good, like, don't be don't have an ego, don't think you're the And I also learned, don't underestumate people. So no, no, no, you can be the strongest of fastest, because look, I've been on Survival with people who were in the Olympics running second. She came second, and I want her in running, so it's crazy. You never know. And even though I did all of these things like Survivor, that doesn't mean I'm the best. Yeah, but what I've learned. What I've learned is that I I'm too nice you No, no, I'm too nice. No no, no no, I'm too nice. And not even in this way. I mean nice, not the words, but my heart is to naive. I believe a lot of things what people say to.
Speaker 1: Me because you're a straightforward person, so I think you make people you expect people to be the same way. I totally yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been so shocked this season you will see so much more I've been. My jawline was on the ground.
Speaker 2: Ha wow, well you know, and I already told us that the timers tick tick tick tick, ticket and chas.
Speaker 1: About the errupt.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about this chaos coming? Are you needles? You're nervous? How you feeling?
Speaker 4: That's crazy? Man? You should have been all in this house with us, guys, because now we know what happened. But back then we were sitting in the bugging room and we were like, what chaos because it's already like, it's so chaotic.
Speaker 1: It already was chaotic. Yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: But so me, I was always hoping like this control portion is like as a group, right, we were like one team. I was hoping for split thing up. I mean yeah, I was like, you know, I don't want to be with those people, even though they're now getting more close and nice to me, I don't want to work with them because I want to And that's for me if I'm having because as a team, you it called control, but you don't have so much.
Speaker 1: Contright you know.
Speaker 4: It was like you have to listen to the boys all the time as women, and I was like, no, I want to be my own boy. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were there any conversations that there could possibly be you know, uh, that's coming back.
Speaker 4: This was the like all the time it was going on because in the beginning, when you don't forgot in the first first night, we saw a lot of names. Yeah, So for me, I only knew city from these names and I think Tori and Devin. Other than that, I never saw anyone out on KC. I saw from the names on. But other than that, like the ones also like bananas or like people coming in out in the seasons and these games I never met and I always wanted to meet because from a sportive woman to a sportive persona, I want to see more beasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you know, Okay, you know I was like, let them come in and let me spicy burner, all right.
Speaker 4: I was so ready. I was like even like, you know, I always said, like chaos, it just sounds like home I've been, you know, I grew up in a chaotic household, and let's go there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I know it's gonna definitely get chaotic for anyone who wants to follow along with you, Berner in your chaos and your sweetness and all that. If they want to follow you on social media, where can they do that? Where can they find you? Well?
Speaker 4: My Instagram is Berner John Baideck Official. It's very hard, but I think you can just write Berner from the challenge on Google and then the interim I'm the pop up personal and other than that, I don't have any Now.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you came. Yeah, Oh my gosh, you wonderful. Can I say that? Like you can come across as rough around the edges when watching the show, but every time we talk, like your energy it really is like a light and it's fun and like it's it's a really, it's a joy. And I'm so glad that you weren't in the arena this week. I'm so glad that we can keep watching you that you're gonna be back, and you know, you're so glad to have you in the Challenge family because you're definitely so I just want.
Speaker 4: To say, you know, it's always how the people in front of you are giving you the space and platform. And thank you for giving me to be myself. Yeah platform. Really it's hard sometimes when you've been like somewhere and people are like, oh, she's coming on and then there behave this way, So thank you, and also to all the listeners. And you know, the challenge makes sense if you watch it from the beginning to the end, so please wait for it and look at and it's crazy what happens, like really, I promise you it will be crazy. All these twists and changes. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Really wow, ooh, the best teaser ever. Thank you, Berna, And yes you guys keep watching because I know this season is only again to get better and better. Thank you so much, burn up for being here. So you love to Cold Berlin. Oh yes, sending you, sending you warm hugs, although it's not that warm over here right now, but still sending it your way and excited to see you continue on in the game. Thank you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 4: To talk soon.
Speaker 1: Bye all right, thank you byey.
Speaker 4: Woo.
Speaker 1: That was a hot interview and I loved it. I feel like we really got to see a different side of Berna and I'm so glad that we did. Like I, I will say, I am now a burna fanel. I like people who value personal growth, and you can tell that she does so such a fan. I'm also a fan of yours day and if anybody else wants to be a fan of yours? Where can they find you? On social media? Don't you say? YouTube in church? Come get a word? No you can.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at day Devon, Underscore, Instagram, Davon Diane, Underscore, TikTok Day.
Speaker 1: Diane, and the YouTube a Davon Diane.
Speaker 3: Where can the people find you, miss Devin?
Speaker 1: They can find me under your YouTube comments wondering about when the next video is coming out. But you can also find me on my website devinsimone dot com. This done with why simoone with an I Someone I saw commented why do I say my name like that. I do it because there's still a lot of people who don't know how to spell it, and I found that that was the easiest way. But if you scroll the bottom, you can see all my socials there. You can also hit me up on Instagram. I'm most active on Instagram and Twitter. I appreciate all the love and the commentary on The Orange every week. I really do appreciate it, and on TJ's wardrobe every week. And maybe I should start like a broadcast channel on Instagram about that anyway, I'll figure that out, But go follow me there. You can also Google Devin Simone and Amazon. Follow my Amazon Devin Simones gift closet. Follow that page. We do live chats there and some shopping fun. It's a whole lot of fun. And if you're single, you can hit me up. I'm a matchmaker. You can be in the free database. You can find that on my website as well. Thank you guys so much for joining us for another episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Remember if you liked this episode, we know you did. Don't play. Rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, and tell a friend and a friend of a friend, and a neighbor, and the Uber delivery drop off person and your male person and your cat. Tell them all don't get keyp yes.
Speaker 2: And while you're telling all of them that, make sure you come back and catch new episodes of The Challenge Battle for a New Champion on MTV.
Speaker 1: And then we will see you back here right after for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 3: No lamps were broken in the making of this podcast.