Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and get Kid and he Armstrong and Getty to the media outlets and political left streaming endless wars. Stop. This is not a rack. This is not endless. I was there for both. Our generation knows better, and so does this president. He called the last twenty years of nation building wars dumb, and he's right. This is the opposite. This operation is a clear, devastating, decisive mission. Destroy the missile threat, destroy the navy, no nukes. Boy, that is something for the Republican Administration's Secretary of Defense or second Vitoria of War to come out and say those wars were dumb since they were launched, you know under Bush.
Speaker 3: That's pretty powerful.
Speaker 1: Right, And there is a question, Well, there's kind of regime change in mind, but how much nobody's sure. But to discuss this in other matters, it's always great to talk to military analyst Mike Lyons, who joins us now.
Speaker 2: Hello, Mike, how are you.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, good to be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty interested in your tweet. Iran will attempt to execute something we have really never seen before when a war of attrition in the air.
Speaker 3: Explain what you meant by that.
Speaker 4: So we understand regular wars of attrition. They take place on the ground against industrialized nations that just you know, grind each other out. We're seeing it happen in Ukraine right now in Russia, but we haven't seen it in the air before. And it's all about air defense platforms and air defense systems versus attack air capability. Because this war right now is all in the air. It's all you know. We've launched our missiles and our planes against the Ranes, and all they have is missiles that come back at us. And so from their perspective, and the economics of theater missile defense are not in our favor because of the cost it takes to defend versus the cost to go on the attack. The Iran fires one hundred thousand dollars ballistic missile at Israel or at one of our allies, and we spend a million dollars in multiple different ways to intercept that down and we're running out of those interceptors, and so the math doesn't work. And so what Iran's going to try to do is to make multiple different targets all around the theater. We're noticing, for example, why are they hitting targets of their neighboring countries in the Middle East. Well, it's because it's causing the missile defense theater to spread out its defense capabilities. Okay, so now now you're not You know, we stocked up with the Gerald Ford on the Mediterranean side, but now the Abraham Lincoln is now in that game, and then using these other countries. Russell saw a mistake. The Katari's down American F thirty five's there, probably by a mistake. They should have recognized that was a friendly fire situation, but they didn't. So they're new in the combat game. So again overall in as a result of this, the Uranians are going to try to fire multiple different ballistic missiles to a trip down the allies i'll call it American and Israeli defense systems and forcing us to deplete all our stocks before we've before they've gotten rid of all of theirs.
Speaker 1: Clearly, the answer to that conundrum is to take out their capacity to fire all those missiles. How optimistic are you that we can do serious damage?
Speaker 4: Right? That's the thing that the Secretary of Heads, I said yesterdays when I was going back and forth with my son about that this kind of you know, arrows and archers, you know, going after the arrows, and then they go after the archers. You won't get the arrows. I'm confident I think that that's why we use the element of surprise to go after a lot of them in the beginning. It reminds me of scud hunting back in ninety one when we did that during desert storm as we had to do the same thing similar But like anything else, some will get through, and you know, we can't go through what we did six months ago. Six months ago the United States fired about one hundred and fifty THAD those high altitude air defense missiles and we can only manufacture about thirty of them a year, and so we took five years of inventory out out and use it just last June in that mission. And we only you know, again we because of the complexity of how their manufacturer rare worth minerals and specialized folks that do that, you know, we just can't produce them.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 4: We just can't put another assembly line and produce it. So again, the economics don't work, and so so again we've got to protect them and recognize that we're going to have to do other things in order to take out their ballistic missiles and really go hunt them down.
Speaker 2: Just to back up a little bit, has there ever in world history been anything like the decapitation operation that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I think sure. I mean, this is Israel m this is how they operate. This is part of their deterrence strategy. Frankly, then if you decide to go to war with Israel, they respond keen x with anything that you might come back at you. But the first thing they're going to do is go after their leadership. Now, the United States can't do that. There's an executive order signed by Ronald Reagan going back forty years now that says the United States won't assassinate heads of state. I think it's a slippery slope for us to do that. It gives a credence for other countries to try to do that to our president. That's not to say they couldn't do it anyway. Obviously they're not going to necessarily abide by the wars of land warfare, but we won't do that. That was one hundred percent Israel's mission. But we have seen that before, but on this level probably not, probably not a country with ninety million people, probably not. It's how and what will be the result of that. But it's not just that the leader they took out, it's the forty others that they have. But the message might be also who hasn't been taken out. We know Masad is clearly infiltrated. A lot of things going on inside of Iron. We know that that's the case, and so they're searching now for the Delta Rodrigaz. They're searching for the person that that that created that Venezuela situation of Okay, everyone's dead except you. Do you want to play ball or not. Meanwhile, we know exactly where you are. We can find you anytime, so you could be the next contestant on you know, you're the next leader, or you can decide to you know, not cooperate. You could be you won't. I mean, in this case, you won't be in the back of a special Force a helicopter. You're going to see the front side of the Tomahawk cruise missile. So that's how the Israelis operate, and that's how they're going to do, and that's how they view Iran as an exidential threat.
Speaker 1: I was just going to ask you what you thought about the obviously awesome intelligence that we in Israel have. What does that say about our capabilities and or the.
Speaker 2: The infiltration of the Iranian regime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw a report too that said the CIA gave information we want to get in this game as well. But Israel has been doing this for you know, twenty years, more than that likely, and this is how they operate. It's the same thing they did with the Pager exercise when they you know, blew all the Hamas guys up. I mean, this is how they operate, and they take great risks doing it. I'm sure there's been many Israeli citizens that have unfortunately given their lives, have been burned, and but this is all for the survival of that state. That's how they operate. In theory, a country of ninety million should have no problem with a country of about nine million. But in this case, you know, Israel continues to dominate. It's just not just the military the hardware side of it. It's just the the intel and the intellect.
Speaker 2: Side of it.
Speaker 4: Although again Iranians are smart people. They're persons, they're not Arabs. I think. I think in some way that's why they're attacking those Arabs states as well. They look down their nos that Arabs that they don't think they're the same. They're Persians, So I think that's that's also part of their calculus.
Speaker 2: It's interesting you said that. I remember, Joan, I went out to eat with some at a Persian restaurant with some they'd like to call themselves the Persian these dudes. It's truly nice guys we were friends with. But I remember this them saying, man, those Arabs are crazy. We got into the conversation about the Middle East. Yeah, they had they had a certain view of all Arabs that I had never heard before.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean Persia has made significant contributions to civilization, go back to the seven seven hundreds, eight hundreds, and it's you know, part of the Ottoman Empire. It's it's had contributions. It's a smart civilization, which is why they can create nuclear weapons. I mean they have that intellectual capital and that you know that there's a reason why some of these other countries can't get there from here, So they have that intellectual capability and the manufacturing and the industrial base, and they do all those things. And that's that's why they're they're in the position they're in. They're just led by ruthless people that want to see the end of Israel and the state sponsor of terrorism.
Speaker 3: So Trump said a little bit ago.
Speaker 2: I don't have the exact verbiage, but it was something like the big wave or the major wave or whatever is yet to come.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's true?
Speaker 4: You know, if we're to show the other day with somebody, it's like we can no longer be shocked about what Donald Trump says, right in terms of He's always going to overseell something too as well. Right, so you know, we we could have that might be true, but I'll tell you right now, I'm sure the military. We saw this this thing this morning where the military came out and basically defined a military objective that can be accomplished, that can be eventually used to say this was our endgame as well. So regime change is not something the military can do. And Hesth said that today. It was interesting. So yeah, well it likely come. Sure, the next couple of attacks could take place in the next few days, and Trump will say yeah, that's it. He'll point it and say that's that's what that was. Now do I like my president doing that? No, I'd rather have him, you know, undersell somethings than over deliver on the other side. But we've just come to expect this is this is who Donald Trump is. It does maybe put more pressure on on the war fires at some level, but he doesn't he doesn't know any other way. He's always going to try to oversell it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So we're talking to military analyst Mike Lines. Mike, if China were take this moment to move on Taiwan, how bad would that be in terms of our ability to do anything about it.
Speaker 4: So again, no one's talking about this, but the straight of remotes once it gets blocked. If it is being blocked. Now, there's reports this morning China gets fifteen percent of its oil from there. So the President's cut off Venezuela as an emergency access of oil for China, and now fifteen percent of it gets blocked off coming from the Middle East. China will now scramble when it comes to having reserves in order to go to war. China is building underground tanks. They recognize they need billions of oil in the ground to make sure that they can go to war with tai one off. That's what they want to do. But right now this is going to put that actually more of it risk, because if they can't get the oil or they try to buy it from Russia, which then doesn't help that cause because Russia now has more money to create more weapons to go after the Ukraine. So this is a vicious circle that takes place. Again no one's talking about when it comes to the economics of the energy trade. I think anyway, no matter what, we'll have a hard time. You know two things. First of all, the second that we're no longer reliant on Taiwan for silicon chips, and we've created the founderies that we're building right now in Texas. I just got back there and talk to some folks doing that. The second we can do that, then Taiwan becomes the Middle East of the nineteen nine. We're no longer relying on it for oil, so we'll let China have it. I still have I know we have strategic ambiguity about it, and AOC stumbled upon didn't know how to answer it, because I think deep down this president won't decide to attack China, potentially lose a West coast city just over Taiwan.
Speaker 1: Well, in AOC's defense, she's an idiot. Mike waians a military analyst. Mike, I'm sure we'll talk again. Thank you so much for the thoughts and the expert seas and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 4: Thany, guys, great, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: And then we mentioned this headline earlier this morning from the New York Times. If China invades Taiwan and cuts off its chip exports, the tech industry in the United States economy would be crippled. Yeah, so you got the oil angle, you got the chips angle. As Mike pointed out, interesting times.
Speaker 1: We have released this is really distasteful. I'd like to apologize in advance.
Speaker 2: I know where you're going here. We have released the dogs of war and they need it's.
Speaker 1: Important to keep the dogs of war healthy with rough greens.
Speaker 2: Yes, the dogs of war need a live nutritional supplement to add to their dog's food. You don't need to change your dog's food. You just add this with the live vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, omega oils, all the stuff that comes with rough Greens. You should try it. Why not try it because it don't cost nothing but the shipping. Just add rough Greens. Rough Greens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com. Roughgreens is spelled ru Ffgreens dot com.
Speaker 1: It's all about reducing oxidative stress, supporting immune defense, slowing age related decline, help in your beloved pop's day, active mobile, and alert as they age again. Roughgreens dot com. Ruff Greens dot com. Use that promo code Armstrong. Who don't change your dog's food. Just add rough Greens and watch the health benefits come alive.
Speaker 2: I had another question for Mike, but I'm sure we'll be talking to him more this week, almost certainly, but hegzeth and the President just a little bit ago told Fox that boots on the ground is an option. So the fact that they're laying the groundwork for that is something. Anyway, more on the way stay here.
Speaker 5: After launching a massive military strike against Iran, Trump announced hours ago that they officially killed the Supreme Leader Ayatoly Kameni and replaced him with Oh my god, the guy from Venezuela.
Speaker 2: What's an interesting joke. Yeah, that's funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Venezuela situation, which is obviously not in the headline, is kind of interesting because the the kleptocrat fake communists are still in charge there, and it's not good.
Speaker 2: I mean, Maduro's gone. He was a bastard.
Speaker 1: But other than a little access to oil, conceivably, I'm not sure what we got.
Speaker 2: France just announced they're going to increase their number of nuclear warheads from the current level of below three hundred, first time they've increased the size of their nuclear arsenal since nineteen ninety two. And throw this in just as kind of a hole, the whole world is just getting a little hotter in a little more jumpy, a little more ready to go. Oh boint don't like it.
Speaker 3: I have no control over it, but I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yipes coming up a really interesting back and forth about the constitutionality of the attack on Iran, and I don't want to give too much away, but I think everybody's right in this argument, and they disagree with each other, so we'll talk about that. Plus, it just struck me last night as I was taking in all sorts of news that at that point we'd lost three of our service people it's now up to four. And how we value life in the West in the United States and are very we're very careful about not spending people's lives cheaply. We cherish life in short, unless you're on the left, and it's a fetus anyway. But at the next report was that there were protests at the American consulate in oh one of your big Pakistani cities.
Speaker 2: I can't remember which one.
Speaker 1: Pakistan heights and nine people died at the protest.
Speaker 2: Wow. I mean there's a contrast for you, no kidding.
Speaker 1: I mean, they just spend lives like crazy in the Muslim world because they believe, you know, you go to Allah's side and have your virgins and your martyr and the rest of But yeah, they do not value your life at all.
Speaker 2: So there's Operation Roaring Lion and Operation Epic Fury. What's the Roaring Lion part. I'm not clear on that myself. Yeah, anyway, both are going on. Most of it seems to be Epic Fury. I'm not exactly sure why you have to have names like this for this sort of thing, as I've been saying, this is for us, this is operation mediocre punditry that we've got going a weekly. You can't you can't.
Speaker 1: Name it mediocre blooming DAFA or I'm sorry, Operation blooming Daffodils, or anything true to have a hard ass name.
Speaker 2: It's just everybody knows that for sure. The fact that Pete Heggsath didn't rule out boots on the ground and Trump is not ruling it out, And I understand the whole not ruling things out, but I feel like they're laying the groundwork, maybe that they maybe actually think we might have to put boots on the ground to accomplish what we want to accomplish. So we got to make sure we get out there on that. Boy, that would be a big political story.
Speaker 1: I would sure love to see their decision tree right now. If this happens, then we will do this.
Speaker 2: That and the other.
Speaker 1: What would happen though, which branch of the tree includes that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What would have to happen that we would actually put soldiers on the ground. Now, the history of the world is I don't think there's ever been a regime change forced through the air. But we don't have to force regime change. That's not mandatory. We took out the Ayatola and everybody underneath him.
Speaker 1: As we discussed earlier, just declawing them for a very long time would be a win. Yeah, we got a big win, but it's a win. We can pound them for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's stuff what Mike Lions was talking about though about. You know how much of our super expensive high tech gear has been expended already and at some point we could run out of it. Now I understand why they attacked all those countries. They're just trying to wipe out the capability of Israel in the United States to defend against all these rockets and missiles.
Speaker 3: Right, that's not a bad plan.
Speaker 1: No, which is why we've got to pound the be Jesus out of them. Let's argue about the constitution next. It'll be fun. Yeah, lotsaw on the way. If you missed the sec made the.
Speaker 2: Podcast Armstrong and Getty. The celebration is striking.
Speaker 6: We got here just moments after initial reports initial rumors of the death of iotl A. Kamm and A had just started to trickle from Iran to this diaspora community, and people were jumping in excitement, hugging each other, crying, saying that basically they've been waiting forty seven years for this very date. Is the reason so many of them have come out here today.
Speaker 2: Celebrating, partying like crazy. Have you seen the video of all the Iranians doing the Trump dance after the news broke. They're dancing to YMCA doing the Trump dance, American flags, Iranian flags, Israeli flags all together. Now, I am all for the discussion about whether or not, you know, constitutionality, Congress, all that sort of stuff. I'm troubled by it. But you can't do the long face, sad voice like they did all week on an MSNBC while you're having the conversation. And Trump, of course, does not have the right to do this. When you got all these young Iranians who are partying like crazy because the country that they love has been freed, hopefully from this evil theocracy. And I'm sure they all know people who've been tortured or killed or whatever by their own government. So MSNBC, geez, Rachel maddowen all your democratic guesses, you gotta stop with the long faces. You're out of touch, You're on the wrong side of history on.
Speaker 1: This, which is why nobody watches them. They're Idio's true idiots. Speaking of which, and the American left, this is so amazing from Nelly Bowles. Zorn Mumdani, the new mayor of New York and his team are ousting military contractors from the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Ay quote a council member celebrating the decision, this public asset should not be leasing space to companies producing drones that are being transformed into weapons of war. It's part of the movement to quote demilitarized Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Speaker 2: And of course now he asks, what the hell do they think?
Speaker 1: The word navy means a shade of blue and some places authority.
Speaker 2: That is pretty funny. I missed that demilitarizing the Navy yard.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, yeah, but genuinely is the idea that America should not have a military, or just that people who build our air force shouldn't be allowed to live in Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And on that topic, well sort of, Patrick said, guys love the show, et cetera. I haven't heard much addressed how can Trump go to war with Iran? I thought war was the purview of Congress, which brings us to a Twitter threat I came across which I found very interesting and I will relate to you now. It starts more or less with this, Hello Iranian here for those fixated on legality to excuse the regime in Iran. F you, No, I will not let you be my voice. You don't get to narrate my story. You don't get to claim moral superiority. You don't get to tell me my feelings are wrong. It's interesting, it's a very lefty style of argument, and it's irrelevant to the legality. On the other hand, Jack, I will say to you, if at some point you want to, we can go through it. It describes what it was like, essentially to live under the regime, and it is I would like to hear that chilling. But as Tim Sander for a good friend of the Armstrong you get Hey points out, he says, this is understandable but wrong. Of course, the iatolas are evil and should have been destroyed long ago. Of course, the world's better off without these guys in it. But ignoring the constitution, letting one person arbitrarily take the country to war is illegal, stupid, and dangerous. As I said during the last segment talking about talking about this, there are several people who are disagreeing with each other, and I think they're all right. Chim witch Wi brings us to the interesting moment that we have in terms of war and Congress and presidents and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Just in case you're a Tim fan and wondering where he is on this, It's all about the constitutionally of the constitutionality of the decision. He did say in his first tweet over the weekend. If I were in Congress and this came up for a vote, I would be a hard yes, yeah on attacking Iran.
Speaker 3: I just think Congress should make the decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In a system like ours, how you do things matter, So anyway, he says, this is understandable but wrong. What I just said, letting one person arbitrarily take the country to war is illegal, stupid, and dangerous. Somebody with a name that certainly looks Iranian replies were not at war. Military operations against terrorist organizations are not wars. Tim said that's just not true. If against him in an attack, they may be justified without a declaration, but that appears not to be the case here. While entirely justified by any rational measure. The attack on Iran is obviously a war that requires congressional declaration. And then the other person replies, I think we have enough votes to do it. Put the entire full force of our domestic economy behind it, and this cancer once and for all. Like I said, I think everybody's right in this argument. The Constitution may be well, first of all, it's the first and only time in human history that a committee has come up with something brilliant. Because they did, the Constitution is a miraculous success. But there are just a couple of areas, like the declaration of war, where I think we need to amend it or clarify it if we had a Congress that did anything. Because the nature warfare has changed so much, So.
Speaker 3: Are we I think this is really interesting.
Speaker 2: So are we assuming that, like what John Fetterman was arguing earlier.
Speaker 3: That whatever declaration I had it in front of me.
Speaker 2: Under the TEA seventy three War Provision Act allowed or power to do this. And as I mentioned earlier, Andrew McCarthy of National Review, who I really respect his opinion on this stuff, he said Trump was on the right side of the law to do this, and he does not always agree with Donald Trump by far. Yeah, I mean, is this a war?
Speaker 1: Quote unquote, because when the Constitution was written to have a war, it always looked more or less the same. It would take, you know, enormous amounts of preparation over a very long time. You would send many, many, many soldiers and ships and sailors, and everybody knew what you meant by declare war. But now where you can launch just devastating bombing raids from the US, refuel once or twice in the air, then fly home without a touching down?
Speaker 2: Is that a war? Exactly? It's certainly an attack. And I know this isn't a good argument because you can't change the Constitution or ignore it just because our current climate doesn't fit with it. But there's no way you could get Congress to approve anything ever like this, because they don't they all remember early two thousands when people who voted for the Iraq war pretty much were blocked out of getting re elected or ever running for president, right, And they learned that lesson overlearned it.
Speaker 1: Here's a response on the Twitter from a guy with an Israeli flag in his.
Speaker 2: Id.
Speaker 1: There the legislature is not trustworthy. They don't just leak, they oppose an undermined look at all the insider trading and trading, the grift, the fraud, the deceit, to see how they fail to act on a build it. Over eighty percent of Americans want they're not representing our interests, only their own.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I agree with that, But obviously you can't just decide. So therefore we're just all going into more Congress from here on out because they all suck. Clearly, Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: We're in a really difficult moment for the declaration of war, war powers, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: And I think.
Speaker 1: If we had the brains and the balls to do it, we in Congress would address that in a a significant way.
Speaker 2: I also don't because some people were arguing this before Maduro. Also, I also don't quite understand how you make it work with a surprise attack.
Speaker 1: Correct, that's the War Powers Act kind of addresses that because you've got to well, although you've got to give Congress forty eight hour heads up that you're going to do something, and then you have sixty.
Speaker 2: Days day, you know, you don't think there are Democrats that would leak this immediately give the heads up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one end that day.
Speaker 1: The founder sure as hell didn't count on publicity, horror, Instagram fund raising, you know, pieces of garbage.
Speaker 2: And by the way, completely unfair to say democrats based on, for instance, what Marjorie Taylor Green was tweeting out over the weekend. I don't know if you saw any of that, but and she's no longer in Congress, but if she were in Congress, she might I'd have said this, uh, and just like that, we are no longer a nation divided by left and right.
Speaker 3: We are now a nation divided by.
Speaker 2: Those who want fight wars for Israel and those who just want peace and are able to afford their bills and health insurance. She believes this is all just to help Israel, and she tweeted out, my god as soon as it started, My god, these poor military members and their poor families. I'm sorry for them and praying for them. This is absolutely unnecessary and is unacceptable. Trump, vance Tulsey and all of us campaigned on no more foreign wars and regime changed. Now American soldiers are dead. So she's hardcore against this and things it's a disaster. I think she would have felt the same way in Congress, so she, as a Republican, might have leaked it if you get up Za.
Speaker 1: Sure well, the opposite party in general does whatever they can to deny the other side. Quote unquote a whin who called her the dumbest person ever serving the other don't remember.
Speaker 3: I think that was Daryl Isa. So that conversation came up.
Speaker 2: I was watching h Isa was being interview former Republican congressman and got hit with the Marjorie Taylor Green quote that I just read you, and he said, I'd like to remind you that Marjorie Taylor Green might be the dumbest person ever serve in congrets. He's bond, bad built, bush body. What's a hack of a thing to say? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole Israel. We're dancing to their tune. They're pulling our strings. They're the puppeteers. Why would that be because they've got dirt on Trump through Epstein, That's part of it.
Speaker 2: I can't even Yeah, So where does that leave the Jews? In the fact that you got a lot of the Democratic Party who doesn't care about supporting Israel and a certain chunk of the Republican Party that thinks Israel is controlling everything and it's horrific.
Speaker 1: How big a chunk? That's the ever present question to the very young. They're very low vocal, they're very online.
Speaker 2: Enough to make Tucker Carlson and Candice Owens tens of millions of dollars a year because they're very young and very online. Yeah. I don't know how many they are, but either the heck of a thing though. Yeah, I saw a fair amount of that floating around on Twitter. Launching another war, Israel is launching another war. They tell us what to do. I don't understand how you can't see this as without Israel involved at all, that this is in the United States interest.
Speaker 3: This is not Israel first. It's America first.
Speaker 2: There's no benefit to the United States to Israel getting a nuclear weapon. They've killed more Americans than any of our country. Yeah, Iran getting a nuclear weapon. Israel already has a nuclear weapon, they just don't admit it. Iran has been an enemy of the United States forever. This is not new.
Speaker 3: Israel just didn't like say, hey, could you take out Iran?
Speaker 2: They're bad to us? No, no, no, they've been bad to us.
Speaker 1: Do you know what we need right now, Jack, what's the country mirth? When we need is mirth clip number ten?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 7: Michael, what are you doing just shopping for an Iranian flag on Amazon? Because I stand with Iran. Yeah, me too, I'm very excited. No, I stand with Iran. Yes, me too. I stand with Iran. This is this is a very good Are we on opposite sides of this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I stand with Iran. Hands off Iran. Okay, America needs to leave, but that would mean the regime.
Speaker 3: Stays in place.
Speaker 7: Homosexuality is illegal, women don't have access to education, and you're for this, Well, I'm against Trump and I'm against the regime in America.
Speaker 3: Say it, say you hate Trump.
Speaker 7: Homosexuality should be criminalized, women shouldn't get to go to school, and Iran shouldn't be free, or say thank you Trump?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 3: Okay, fire sniff.
Speaker 2: Sn didn't stop a lot of Democrats I saw on the talk shows yesterday from just loudly denouncing this, you got young Iranians dancing in the streets around the world. You got to at least acknowledge that. I would think you could come up with a clever way to be against Trump. Go with the constitution angle or whatever, but strongly emphasized glad the eye. Tola's dead. RAN's been an enemy of the United States forever. All these young people might have a future. Now you gotta show that sort of enthusiasm. You can't do the long face shaking your head while all these young women are dancing around the world bing bing bang bang bing bing bing. I don't get I know, just everybody retreating that they're usual. You know, they're scripted lions. It's just so tiring. While we're on the air, President Trump was addressing the United States for the first time on Iran, because they never did really before the State of the Union address. It got like two sentences and that was what four days before the iatolas ceased to exist. It got like no talk during the State of the Union address. You'd been calling for a yanking him out by the beard. Are you satisfied. I will love the image of him hanging by his beer swinging underneath a helicopter. But I suppose this works in terms of what we're trying to cover A month to give him a fair trial.
Speaker 3: Give him a fair trial. Now he's just in tiny bits all over the place.
Speaker 2: Blue eyes. One blew that way. One blew that exactly more on the way, stay here, I will watch this attack after me and my board of peace decided that we were bored of peace. A workplay there, did you catch it? As we all know, Iran has been two.
Speaker 5: Weeks away from developing a nuclear weapon for like the last fifteen years or something, so we.
Speaker 2: Had to act now, and we're doing war war What is it good for?
Speaker 5: Distracting from the Epstein files?
Speaker 2: So that was Saturday night, like say, cold open with their President Trump.
Speaker 3: Ben Rhodes, he was advisor to.
Speaker 2: Obama, wrote a piece opinion piece in the New York Times today about how awful this is. And I'm just I'm amazed that the what do people call themselves who don't ever engage in war for some reasone pacifist, the pacifist leaning crowd always thinks that there's no nothing bad can come out of that.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make any intellectual sense to me whatsoever.
Speaker 2: The whole Obama don't do stupid s, So let other countries just do whatever the hell they want forever so that we don't.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna work out.
Speaker 1: As the what's his name character in the Big Shill put it, you can't get through the day without one good rationalization. Jeff Goldblum. I think guys like that don't. They're afraid of action. They prefer inaction, and they intellectualize it and they rationalize why that's really the most enlightened thing to do. They come up with elaborate defenses of inaction, but it's always in action.
Speaker 2: Nobody hates Donald Trump more than George F. Will of the Washington Post conservative columnists, but his opinion piece today, at last, the credibility of the United States deterrence is being restored. Perhaps the thirty thousand protesters who perish in Iran streets early.
Speaker 3: In January did not die in vain, and he.
Speaker 2: Talks about how important it was to re establish for the safety of the world US deterrence.
Speaker 3: You can't mess around with US.
Speaker 2: A nator of post nineteen forty five US power and its preconditioned confidence was the nineteen seventy five departure of the last helicopter from the US embassy roof in Saigon as the end of the Vietnam War. A second low point was reached when Barack Obama drew in twenty twelve and then ignored a red line about the chemical weapons in Syria. We all know that a third was in twenty twenty one, when Joe Biden produced a chaotic exit from Afghanistan. Today, Vladimir Putin is watching Venezuela, Iran, and soon perhaps Cuba joined Syria as vanished clients. The swiftness of their downfall illustrates the hollowness of Russia's claim to be a formal global actor today's world, where the velocity of information and the capability of weaponry annihilate distances and compressed time. Blah blah blah. Leads everybody to understand, because I'm running out of time, that you can't miss around. Well, he doesn't say this, but you can't blank around and fire out with the United States anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, right? How long will it last? What lessons will be learned from this? However it plays out, Who will be next in the White House? It all could change depending on the answers to those questions. Of course, for now, yeah, I would not f around. Yeah, I would take Trump seriously if he warns you about things. If you missed a segment or an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty