Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, This is GMFT beginning here. We're live in LA and Indianapolis today. It's Friday, February twenty eighth.
Speaker 4: I'm Jamie Art out.
Speaker 3: Here's man Saie too, Peter Schreger holding it down for us at Lucas Soil Stadium, and Cody Kessler back for day five of the Kessler Experience.
Speaker 4: Shregs, you have been crushing it.
Speaker 3: Out there in Indianapolis. We are very proud of you. It was good to finally see what you.
Speaker 4: Were saying yesterday. Yesterday afternoon the.
Speaker 3: Coverage came on and we actually got to see guys on the field. You must have had some big time winners that emerged from yesterday's coverage.
Speaker 2: Well, first off, it was electric here last night. You had the defensive line and the linebackers going, and we started around three o'clock end till around ten, so it was seven hours and it felt like it was electric every single drill. Let me give you the five biggest winners right off the top. Guys, are you ready here? The five biggest winners from Day one of the combine Number one. I'm going with one of the fastest players on the field yesterday. It's a defensive end out of Tennessee, James Pierce. This guy comes out of here and you look at his forty yard dash. Pierce was electric four point four to seven, breaks the four five and doing so guys in the James Jones hoodie. Yes, we're a hoodie throughout this thing, which was so cool, so different, a little bit of swag to him, Pierce turning it head. And then when he finished the four to four to seven, the entire defensive line group like erupted. You could tell he was a really well liked player in this position group. And he was someone that scout for texts me, after all, right, first round pick, has the tape, has the production, was a really solid player in Tennessee, and then put together this combine performance. How about another player, how about Schamar Stewart, somebody that Cody Kessler mentioned on our show yesterday that he was looking forward to seeing. Jamar Stewart comes out here and jumps a forty inch vertical jump and then jumps the verdict that does the broad jump like he does it, and then the forty yard dash four point five nine. This is the guy who weighs two hundred and seventy pounds, has an eighty four inch wingspan. Now, remember there's a lot of questions about his tape. This guy only had three and a half sacks last year. They say, well, where's the tape, where's the production? Guess what? Chop Robinson last year at Penn State, his final season had four sacks. He was quite all right as a first rounder for the Dolphins. There're gonna be a lot of debates production versus combine performance for Shamar Stewart. He took care of the combine performance last night. How about the big fella out of Oregon? Derek Harmon is that Michigan State the first couple of years of his career, goes over to Oregon as a transfer student, has a great season. There's a guy who weighs three hundred and fifteen pounds and ran a sub five forty yard dash at three hundred and fifteen pounds, wingspan eighty three inches, has huge hands, did not do the burd did not do the broad I'll run by forty. You could see me there. The big fella had a great day. We'll give you another player out of Boston College. This is the Ted Hendricks Award winner. How about Donovan Xeroku. I'm sorry if I butchered that. I have trouble with some of these names, but no one's gonna have trouble on his name when he is mentioned at the NFL Draft. Why do I mention him? His three cone drill quickest among all defensive linemen at the entire combine, ran in six point nine to four. Also eighty three inch wingspan, huge, huge arms, and a player that was moving yesterday the top at the three cone drill might have solidified himself as a first draup pick. Oh by the way, great kid too. Anyone who talked to him said they loved interviewing him. And our last one might be one of my favorite players I got to know yesterday. This is Landon Jackson out of Arkansas. Landon Jackson, a pass rusher out of Arkansas who has a burner in the forty ran a four six eight. But here is where we have to give him love. The vert forty and a half inch vert. This was the broad he runs It duns up just about nine, but that's right here. Forty and a half inch vert for his size.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: Only one player as a defensive lineman broke forty inches in the vert last year. It was Dallas Turner, who was a first round pick of the Minnesota Vikings. Landon Jackson came out here. Now you see him, you say, okay, this is the guy. Is he a linebacker? Is he a pass rusher? He's an athlete and there's a guy who could play. It's also a real grown man. It's the guy who's married. It's another guy who's obviously been through a lot. He's got alopecia, which is something that we've talked about on the show before. This is someone that we know, Charlie Villanueva from Yukon. He talks about it openly here. And then Landon Jackson was talking about what it meant in his life to go through that and the people that helped him get through that. An incredible young man, an adult, a husband, and someone who ran at ran well and then jumped forty and a half inches stole the show last night. Stacy Dales gets us the slow mo from her Twitter. Here's a little sizzle of all the five guys, as these were my players last night, and there are so many others that showed up. This is a defensive line draft. Everyone's telling you that, and a lot of the top ones didn't even work out. We didn't see Obdul Carter, we didn't see Mason Graham, we didn't see Kenneth Grant. So you know what, here's five players who said bring it all, compete, and they showed out.
Speaker 5: I'll bring it back.
Speaker 2: To the table, Jamie art All. It was a great first day at the combine. Here are my five winners. But I know there's others that you guys loved watching last night.
Speaker 4: Peter is a tremendous list.
Speaker 3: I caught Landon Jackson's interview with Kimmy Checks after his workout, and.
Speaker 4: As you know, one of my has alopecia.
Speaker 3: So to listen to Landon Jackson speak on how his parents raised him through this, I was sitting on the edge of my seat listening to how you can create and produce a young man of this stature, but also of that character. Dealing with alopecia is a real thing as a child, but the fact that he grew up and really is going to become a cornerstone of an organization, and there is probably not many young men better than him to have in your building. So I think that's a tremendous story. And then for him to show out at the Combine and make Peter's list today is a really cool thing, Cody. It was a great list out of Peter. You can feel the juice in his voice.
Speaker 5: Absolute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'd shout out to Land and Jackson.
Speaker 7: But I just I've been here for a week, but I really feel validated when the guy I picked yes is on Peter Schuger's top five standouts from the Combine. So I felt pretty good about that. And the other thing I'll say too, is you know, when you get done playing as a quarterback, a lot of people ask you do you miss playing football?
Speaker 6: Do you miss playing the game?
Speaker 7: Well, I go watch James Pearce run a four four forty and Shamar Stewart run a four to.
Speaker 4: Five, and then I remember why I retire.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want those guys chasing anymore.
Speaker 7: But tell those guys, it's a good feeling when you go out there and accomplish what you set out to accomplish.
Speaker 8: Yeah, to your point, Cody, James Pierce running out there in that hoodie, that the way that he ran and his smile that he had in his face at that thirty yard line as he's finishing that forty and then you have questions about does that translate over to the athletic stuff.
Speaker 6: Can he change direction?
Speaker 8: And you watch that clip that Peter had on there as he's going through the bags, he's going laterally, then he's going forward and back, forward and back. And the thing I love the most about when you watch him run and you watch him do these drills, is he's at one pad level the entire time. Just watch how he approaches these change of direction marks. There's no hesitation, there's no stutter stepping. It's just make a decision and go. And there's going to be a lot of decisions that he's going to have to make in the NFL. And by the way that he performed yesterday, I have no doubt in my mind that he's going to have success if he continues.
Speaker 6: To do so.
Speaker 4: Peter, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: You mentioned this about one of your guys from your list, and how there are certain, you know, second round guys that all of a sudden, after a day like they had yet yesterday, in front of GM's and coaches, you get texts in real time that say that guy just combined himself into a first day draft pick. That's that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, Jamie, it's it's an honor to have all these general managers texting me throughout these drills, and it's an honor to come on the show and share like where it's real. Guys come in here and they're like, I've seen the production. I've been watching this guy's tape for three years. I've been on the road, I've seen him in person three times. We've now interviewed him, we've now weighed him. If he's a four six, four seven forty, he's probably a second round pick. Then he goes out there and runs a four to four or four to five and do so in the combine. Now, the pro day things are a little bit more curated for their liking. It's on their terms, it's in their home combine. Everybody's equal. I tell you, I know a lot of guys did not compete last night, and there's gonna be a lot of players. You know, that's their own choice. I don't spite them for that. Do what you gotta do, but to go out there and have a day like James Pearce or Shamar Stewart or our guy Landon Jackson had like it does matter and to put up numbers that are better than expected. I'll give you one story. Justin Jefferson was here. Was that COVID year, was right before the pandemic. We were all here and everyone thought Justin Jefferson was going to run a four to six four seven forty speed was not his thingmat there ran a four to three nine. It's like, all right, he's a first round pick. You can't deny that. And look where he is now. So Jamie, it's real. You can change your life if you compete in the combine and you have an incredible performance in front of these scouts.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Peter's boots on the ground for us, but we all know that we ingested the coverage yesterday from the comforts of our own home.
Speaker 4: Here in La cod.
Speaker 3: Do you have anybody that you want to add to Peter's list for combine guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to shout out UCLA linebacker Caine Madrano. He is the definition of taking advantage of your opportunity. He did a great job yesterday, thirty eight inch vertical. He went out there, went ten feet five inches in the broad jump. Looked great too. On the field, looked like a true athlete. He did the wave drill where its sideline, the sideline, backpedal here it is right here, and then come down he'll has great ball skilled, did a great job catching it too, and they're throwing it to him. But where he separated himself yesterday and made his money was in the forty yard dash.
Speaker 6: He went out at six.
Speaker 7: Three, two hundred and twenty pounds and ran a four four six yard dash which led everybody yesterday with defensive lineman and also the linebackers.
Speaker 6: This is so important for Madrono.
Speaker 7: Though, because he was viewed as an undersized type of a linebacker, very lean, very lanky at sixty three but only two hundred and twenty pounds. But what this does for coaches and defensive coordinators and gms, it says this guy is very versatile. This guy can be a hybrid type player. I wouldn't be surprised now if Madronald gets some opportunities at safety or some of these different packages. He comes in and plays in these dine packages to where he can cover these better athletes, these receivers, some of these pass catching tight ends. So Madrono take a bow. That was a great performance yesterday on the field, Peter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So look this Carson Schwessinger, who I talked about yesterday was getting all the love as far as a linebacker at A. UCLA. Madrono comes out, runs the fastest forty. Everyone's loved him. Cool story about him. You guys will love this. In high school, not only played football, but he was the best track athlete in the state of Colorado. He won the twenty nineteen High School Colorado Male Athlete of the Year. And it's because he was the best football player and he was the best track athlete six years at UCLA. They loved him there and he showed out yesterday again. Cody, great call, and he's a story that we're going to be following as we entered into the draft in April.
Speaker 8: Cody, great call because there was a linebacker. I know Peter had all D linemen and D tackles and rightfully sold. Peter, I love that. But you know, I was watching the linebackers. I thought that Kaiser had a great showing at the combine. Francis mowingul I had a great showing at the combine.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 8: I talked about him yesterday Jehat Campbell from Alabama.
Speaker 6: If he doesn't go in the first round, guys, I don't know what, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 8: Like the guy in his forty had four or five to two his ten yard split, and this is these are the numbers that really mean something to me. His ten yard split was one point five to three. It was the third fastest time. The fastest time was just one one hundredth of a second faster.
Speaker 5: Explosive.
Speaker 8: He reached almost twenty three miles per hour, which is a second fastest. Then a linebacker ran yesterday and his broad jump was ten foot seven inches.
Speaker 6: Which is the second yesterday. He was explosive.
Speaker 8: Now, these are the drills that I really want to dial in on, Cody.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna need to help a little bit already. I'm going to get it. Please, So when you watch, when you watch Steve.
Speaker 8: Drills, okay, a lot of times when you're on the field, you're going to have these guys that when they're watching the coach and they anticipate by his mannerisms that the coach is going to redirect him another way, that they're going to start to stutter step or hesitate. Jehawed Campbell all day long when coach said to go to his left, he was going to the left as if he wasn't going to be redirected. But when he was redirected, you saw him at six three two and forty pounds put his foot in the dirt and move. That is something in the game. And you know this Cody that really translates. Well, if I'm a hook defender and I'm dropping back, I don't know where you're going to turn. I don't know what receiver you're looking at. Everything is predicated off of you. Jehad Campbell yesterday, in my opinion, demonstrated that he has the skills not only to run a forty change direction, but stuff that actually translates on the field, that translates into all the tackles he made in car college, all the interceptions he made in college. And it's a nightmare. You mentioned it yesterday. You don't like linebackers that can go sideline to sideline and move when you move. And yesterday, when I saw this young man perform on the field in those drills, those are the things that stood out to me.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, if he doesn't go in the first round. What are we doing because this guy's generation.
Speaker 7: I'm just happy you didn't hit me right there, Mantai, I was sitting there waiting for it. To your point, when you have a linebacker with no wasted movement, it is very difficult in what you were saying right there, when they dropping that flat zone, that curl flat area and I'm trying to manipulate you to go this way and then I want to work to the flat, but that linebacker can put us foot on the ground and get there in time and make a plan in the football.
Speaker 6: It is a nightmare for opposing quarterback.
Speaker 4: That's a great point, Peter.
Speaker 3: I always think it's a good refresher this time of year two to what Manti was saying, Like there are coaches out there running these drills. Just make sure to remind everybody who those people are, and maybe when you're watching their body language of how impressed they might be with a guy like Johad Campbell and these drills.
Speaker 2: It's a great, great question. Like Joe Barry was running the linebacker drill is the defensive coordinator of the Dolphins, So like you have real people, this is like real guys that are out there, and of course all the coaches that are out there watching. But I'm down there on the field and it's talking with Sean Payton. We're watching Jack Sawyer do his drills, and like that's real. That is that is up close and personal. And I asked Peyton, you know some coaching staffs, we know McVeigh and Shanahan, they don't do the combine. I say, Teump, you've been here since Saturday. He goes, I need to see it. I need to feel it. I need to be there up front. So a lot of these coaches do still value being in the building and being able to touch and grasp and actually see these guys up close as they're all working out on an even playing field.
Speaker 4: Man Ti.
Speaker 3: Another guy on your on Peter's list, Donovan Azarakhu out of Boston College. How important is it you're going to assume a guy at Boston College, Peter said, he's like a great guy, he's been impressing the meetings and really smart football player at his position. Why has it become that an edge rusher needs to be as bright one of the brightest guys on the football field.
Speaker 8: If you don't have an edge you're dead'. That's the term that we use on defense. No edge, you're dead because he's the guy that sets, especially when you're going to get you mentioned Sean McVeigh, you're rich at all of these Kyle Shanahan, all of these West Coast offenses where everything is stretch left, stretch right, stretch left, stretch right. Okay, Now, if I'm on that side of those stretch, can I set that edge? Can I stop that thing from continuing to widen a little bit? And then vice versa? If I am the d N on the other side, am I smart enough? Do I have the discipline enough to not turn my shoulders perpendicular to the line of scrimmage and chase after something? Because how many times have we seen jamie a running back cutback and the end on the other side.
Speaker 6: Isn't disciplined, he isn't smart, he isn't doing.
Speaker 8: His job, and he makes these highlight and these running backs make these highlight plays.
Speaker 6: It is so important for these players, now only if you show their athletic ability, but to show how disciplined they are and how smart they are. Those are the things that translates over to the football field.
Speaker 3: Listen, there's a Cody. This is in no offense to you. There's a lot of quarterbacks on TV. This was a defensive segment to start GMFB today. From the Combine, Peter, there was a great list.
Speaker 4: We loved it. This is the juice of the two five NFL Draft.
Speaker 3: This is a defensive draft, everybody, and we got.
Speaker 4: Your rocket roll at We'll get to the quarterbacks. Don't worry. Cody still to come on our show. Manti's fired up.
Speaker 3: We have three days left of workouts to tune into the combine. We're going to check out some of these players that we will be looking forward to this weekend, and of course we will talk about them on Monday as well.
Speaker 4: From our show, this is a really fun week with Cody Kessler.
Speaker 3: However, Peter, nothing rattled him more than saving face yesterday, so he demanded in his fifth day on our show, Peter to.
Speaker 4: Run it back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to do some combine trivia of years past. Cody Kessler, go go refrect yourself on Taja Spears's combine performance. I hope you remember Isaiah Pete's We're going deep here, Bernard Piers highlights. Whatever you want, we've got him here on Good Morning Football. Good Morning Football.
Speaker 9: I wear forty four because when I was younger, my dad put on John Riggins' film and said this, I want you to run the ball. But yeah, I think so. Another guy saw this summer was Jeremy Shockey, and the way he kind of played and the way, you know, his mentality running the ball was something I kind of liked and kind.
Speaker 5: Of do a little bit of this year.
Speaker 10: I mean, I always feel like I got something to prove to myself that I'm the best and that all my hard work is worth it. So I think, yeah, I mean, I'm not participating here, but at some point I will. And I like the film talks a lot too.
Speaker 3: Got to stand up and make a name for yourself if you're not working out at the combine. Those are just some of the couple names that you want to keep an eye on this weekend. But we also have something that we want to add to the pile.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the table round one. Peter, you start us off, who are you most excited to see in the next one hundred hours or so from Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that Tyler Warren interview. It's not often in twenty twenty five, you ask a player you know why, he warns at jersey number and a reference to Super Bowl MVP from nineteen eighty three. I love that. I also like to ask all the coaches who their favorite interview was during the week of interviews. And sometimes it's off the walls, any big personality, kids, and there's others that it's like, I want this guy to marry my daughter, and that player is Amika Abuca out of Ohio State, the wide receiver who was so dynamic this season eighty one catches thousand yards and throughout the college football playoffs was the go to guy. Now, look, we know that Ohio State has so many great wide receivers in the NFL right now, and we can go through the history of Ohio State receivers going back to the late Terry Glenn and then after him to Joey Galloway into whoever else you want to go through. But the truth of the matter is you go through this player's highlights, and you go through this player's real consistency, consistency, consistency, and then the interview process. He was so good. So look, wide receivers, they're going Saturday. I've been told it's not the craziest wide receiver draft as far as top tier talent. So whereas last year, In the years prior, we've seen Jamar Chases and Justin Jeffersons and Cede Lambs and last year Malik Neighbors and Harris and a Dune. Say, I don't think there's that guy there this year. This might be the top wide receiver taken in the draft. Mika Booga also the best interview all week from multiple coaches. So I'm going with that young man out of Ohio State.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sticking with quarterbacks.
Speaker 7: I would like to see quinn Ewers out of Texas put on a great show. He has an opportunity to thrive in this environment, right, And everyone's talking about cam Ward and Shador standers one and two rightfully. So after that, I have Jackson Dart kind of sitting in that third spot, but really four through seven is wide open, and even three I'm not solidifying Dart at three. Quinn Ewers has a chance to be that guy. And why I say he can thrive in this environment because he has one of the best arms in this draft.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: You put on the game film NFL throw after NFL throw after NFL throw. He does a great job on the run roll on his right, he can roll to his left and make those high level throws. But where he struggled this year a little bit was with his consistency and his confidence. And what I mean by that is there was times he was hesitant to pull the trigger where he would just wanted to see it come open instead of just throwing it and trust saying his guys in, there's times that he would lock on and trust his arm a little too much. And when you do that, you start throwing into heavy traffick, you start putting your receivers into those collision positions, and they start getting in trouble.
Speaker 6: So this is an opportunity for.
Speaker 7: Him this week to go out there staying rhythm and just let it rip and remind these coaches what type of army has and when coaches see that as an offensive coordinator and okay, look, you have all the arm talent. I can work on the rest of the stuff between the years. When you get here at our organization and get inside of our offense.
Speaker 6: This seems a shift on our show a little bit.
Speaker 8: We've been talking defensive all week long and I'm going to follow the shift. We're talking offense now. The guy that I'm looking at is Teed title On McMillan. We talked about him earlier in the week, receiver out of Arizona. He's getting the comp from Drake London. He's a first team All American, first Team All Big Ten belit in the Call finalists. He set the record for most receiving yards at the University of Arizona with three thousand, four inch and twenty three yards. Finished third all time for TDS with twenty six But there's been some questions in twenty twenty four about his health.
Speaker 6: A lot of scouts have said.
Speaker 8: That I think the twenty twenty three year is a better year to kind of gaugee this guy is what type of receiver he is. And then there has been questions about his lack of horizontal off the press, his horizontal movement that could lend him to some issues with some of these physical vb's that we've saw. We saw him, especially with Philadelphia. Can he get off the press? A lot of times when you have these top tier talents, the combine is almost a risk because man, you're gonna you lend yourself vulnerable to a lot of criticism and showing your weaknesses. However, in Tatitoa's situation, I think his ability in the five to ten five to show his horizontal quickness, his ability in the forty to work on his speed. It says that he lacks speed in the drive face. Well, the first ten of that forty is that drive face. So if he's able to clock a really good time in that ten yard split and in that forty and then show some horizontal.
Speaker 6: Quickness, I think this combine should be good for him.
Speaker 3: I have another wide receiver that I want to talk about, and this one Hill's from Canada. Go to Montana, North Dakota, goes straight north to Metas and hat Alberta, and that is where my guy elck Io Manor out of Stanford hails from.
Speaker 4: That's where he was born. Not a lot of Canadian wide.
Speaker 3: Receivers that can make a name for themselves this weekend in the combine, and that is what Ellen can do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: He's kind of green when it comes to his statistics if you want to look at his NCAA performance, just two years worth of.
Speaker 4: Games at Stanford.
Speaker 3: But the wide receiver has awesome hands and he's got a great bill to him. He played at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts. He caught a dozen touchdowns over two years. So if you're gonna if you want to jump off the page with his statistics in college, that's not going to be there. But you want to watch him this weekend. He's a great pass catcher. He has a tremendous story. His mom is one of these peter Are wrestling ladies.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you got strength in the family.
Speaker 3: He is currently ranked the number three player in the CFL Draft, which also happens at the end of April. But I think elk Io Manor can make a name for himself and he won't make it to the CFO drafty round two.
Speaker 4: Who do you got?
Speaker 2: I love that, Jamie. I don't have my CFL big board ready yet. Although although if anyone knows I am a Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan, I know. Sorry, not just be biased. That is my team. Okay, let's let's go to another player. I'm gonna go to the running back position. Ashton genty of course, ran for twenty six hundred yards at Boise State. He's the story. He's not going to be working out. We're hoping we see Maryon Hampton out of North Carolina. Belichick stole all the headlines in the fall, but guess what, the best player at that program is no longer there.
Speaker 5: It's this guy.
Speaker 2: Hampton had more than two hundred and eighty carries of the ball the last two years, a true workhourse, but also has so much left to give. Everyone I speak with to saying, hey, you put genty as your fourth prospect, where'd you put Hampton? So like it is a two back conversation. It's not just Ashton. This guy could actually go ahead of him. I remember a couple of years back and it was Edrin James who went before Ricky Williams, and that shocked a lot of people. But it's whatever you prefer. They're different kinds of running backs. A couple of years ago, Jamiir Gibbs went a couple picks after b John Robinson. Again, two running backs at the top of this draft class. Jant from Boise say it is the perennial favorite. This is the other guy. And if you look at him, the body type is right, the workload is right, the production is right, and he's been meeting with teams and it has been doing really well out here. So Marion Hampton, Sorry Belichick, he can't get your hands on this guy. He's gone with the pros.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sticking with running backs, just like Peter.
Speaker 6: I'm going what he marks out of USC.
Speaker 7: Marksman his first four years of college at Mississippi State, and they transferred over to USC to come join the Trojans. Died the luxury of watching him all last year. He was the MVP of this USC offense. He is one of the best playmakers at the running back spot in this draft. He's a great runner, has great vision, great patience. He allows the blocks to happen. Then he puts his foot on the ground against North and South. Not a lot of wasted movement. But where he can excel this weekend at the draft is out of the backfield.
Speaker 6: As a receiver.
Speaker 7: Out of the backfield, he had two hundred and sixty one receptions fifteen hundred yards and five touchdowns in his college career. He was a we through the air, right, and when you get to the draft and you get to the combined and these situations, you can showcase that, right, they're gonna run some wheel routes.
Speaker 6: They're gonna run some option routes. They're gonna run those angle routes.
Speaker 7: If he can go out there and put on a show in that past catching period, offensive coordinators are going to see that and say, Okay, this is a third down back.
Speaker 6: I don't need you to come in and be a starter.
Speaker 5: You can be the.
Speaker 7: Number two, number three back and in obvious passing situations on third down, you can go out there and be an extra weapon in the pass game. So I expect Whatdy marks to have a big showing this weekend, and hopefully it'll help him elevate his draft stock.
Speaker 6: I love that story about Elec Iomanor. I love that story. Another guy who I loves his story is Jimmy Horn Junior. I've loved If you.
Speaker 8: Don't know his story, he's been without his father for a few years now.
Speaker 6: His father got into some trouble. You can look it up for yourself. But this kid transferred to.
Speaker 8: Colorado and has been a weapon for Dion Sanders. But when I look at him and his play, let me know, Shregs, he reminds me of Hollywood Brown. He's very savvy in his route running. He's quick, he's not afraid to catch.
Speaker 6: The ball across the middle for somebody his size.
Speaker 8: That's why he reminds me of right across the middle making yards after the catch.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited to see this guy compete.
Speaker 8: He's kind of one of those under the radar guys that I think don't have a lot of spotlight on him. But I think if he's able to go out there and do what he needs to do and do what I think and I believe he's able to do to have a good showing out there.
Speaker 4: At the combine, not a lot of spotlight on the guy.
Speaker 3: There is not a position in college football that I think has more spotlight on it than if you go to Notre Dame and you are a quarterback. So when you are a quarterback coming out of Notre Dame, your life and your biography ends up on People magazine. This is a real headline from People dot com about Riley Leonard, all about Riley Leonard's parents, Chad and Heather Leonard, and the two words his mom texts him before every game. You think you're gonna get a feel good story about Riley Leonard and his parents in this article, No, Heather Leonard texts her son Riley you suck before every game. But that's not that was a loving U suck. Yes, When in high school, Peter, he said, I have all these expectations. I don't know why I need someone to tell me I suck sometimes. And as any mom knows, you will do anything for your child. And Riley Leonard's mom says, Son, I got you, and before every game she texts Riley Leonard, you suck, and it motivates him. Peter, this is a certain kind of love language in the Leonard family that I'm here for. And if you don't think that on Saturday, when Riley Leonard is going to be thrown at the combine and participating, that she's going to text him, Son, love you, you suck.
Speaker 6: Peter.
Speaker 4: I love that that caught you off guard.
Speaker 2: That it's so good. It's so good, Jamie, and I love the parenting side of it. But I also love the fact that you understand as a Notre Dame quarterback, you've been the name that everyone's been following, especially the season they had. There are so many of these quarterbacks that we have watched so much of them play in college football. So whereas we might not get shador working out, we've watched Riley Leonard at Duke. We've watched Riley Leonard at Notre Dame. We've seen Kyle McCord at ohiuse Day, We've seen Kyle McCord at Syracuse. And then you go through the lists of different names and it's like Quinn Ewards, I feel like I've been watching him since high school. There are so many different quarterbacks that will be competing that were household names in the college game. Jackson Dart included, So, Jamie, you suck, but in the most endearing way possible. I throw it back to you.
Speaker 4: Peter, you suck to and our whole show is all.
Speaker 2: We all suck, suck.
Speaker 4: And we love you. Good luck this weekend, everybody, GMFF. We're back on GMFF.
Speaker 3: This Black History Month, NFL Hall of Famer Darryl Green and Washington Commander's wide Receiver kJ Osborne share how Elizabeth Keckley went from slavery to the White House as one of the nation's best seamstresses.
Speaker 4: Check out the story.
Speaker 11: This Black History Month, the NFL honor.
Speaker 12: The resilience and contributions of Black American laborers whose hard work and determination have shaped our nation's history and progress.
Speaker 11: African America has played a significant role in the foundation of Washington.
Speaker 5: D c.
Speaker 12: As slaves contributed to building the US Capitol Building and the White House. Elizabeth Keckley used her skills as a seamstress to buy her way to Preview and Naskill landed her inside the White House in eighteen sixty one. One of her clients suggests the First Lady, Mary Lincoln asked her to make her inauguration.
Speaker 11: Go This dress became the first of many Kegley made for the First Lady, and the two became friends.
Speaker 5: When President Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 11: Was assassinated in eighteen sixty five, Keckley was one of the first people they called to the White House to confut the First Lady.
Speaker 12: Elizabeth Keckley, We salute.
Speaker 6: You, good mom, What mom?
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I'm here at Indianapolis. I'm Peter Schreger, and I'm also the host of the greatest trivia show you can ever find on television. It is called Saving Face. We did it yesterday. We rolled it out and it was a great success, so good that we had people online chiming in in real time trying to play along. If you're at home watching, please enjoy but for me, I got to play with my three co hosts. And let's start off with Jamie Erdall. Jamie, you know the rules. We go back in combine history. I give you three clues, and you have to guess which player I'm talking about in this case, Let's bring up the big board. Let's go, ert All, you're in the hot seat. Here we go to the big board. We go. Your first clue. In college, I played for the Cowboys. Okay, your second clue, I've set single season franchise records for passing yards and touchdowns. Okay, in the NFL third I threw multiple deep balls that were nearly seventy yards that wowed a loaded quarterback group at the Combine when I threw.
Speaker 5: Who am i?
Speaker 2: Jamie Erdall?
Speaker 3: Seven d yards and the deep ball as a combine Okay, a single season franchise. Okay, I'm not gonna I'm gonna ignore that because that's too confusing for me.
Speaker 4: Uh leave for the Cowboys. Played for the Cowboys. I throw the deep ball. Oh man, Josh Allen, don't do that.
Speaker 2: I want to get it myself.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen, Baby, I thought it was going to be somebody else.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to twenty eighteen. Let's see the big gun slinger and Manti shut your mouth, please come Shrigs.
Speaker 13: I have no doubt he could throw this ball eighty ninety yards through the pro day. Not that it matters, right.
Speaker 5: That went from the teddy yard off. He's showing off a little bit.
Speaker 6: That was a little show off.
Speaker 5: And I'm just checking the ceiling here they think got chipped.
Speaker 13: I'm wondering if Darnold's over there going, man, I should have thrown this time that.
Speaker 2: I've ever heard a collective group of coaches say.
Speaker 13: I mean, that was everybody in the fans of talks.
Speaker 4: I did not know that that mascot.
Speaker 2: I know, it's a little bit of a trick. You think in Oklahoma state you're thinking Diks and then we go right there and we go with Wyoming. Real quick nugget on that. You hear Mike Mayock, who was so great on the combine for so many years, say, do you think Donald's thinking about maybe he should have thrown that Draft class was Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Josh Allen throwing those bombs. Everybody took notice okay, man titeo, before you were giving away answers here, I'm good from I don't disrespect you for that. I respect it. Are you ready for years? Yours a little bit more difficult. Perhaps this one you're stepping up the difficulty level.
Speaker 5: Are you ready? I'm ready, brother, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Number one. I appeared in the Netflix series QB one while I was in high school. Number two. Despite finishing the year tied for third and quarterback rushing touchdowns, I was benched at one point in the twenty fourth season, and number three. I broke records at the twenty twenty three combine for vertical jump and broad jump as a quarterback, and it's been the best since two thousand and three. Who am I?
Speaker 4: You can do this?
Speaker 8: G W one set record twenty twenty three combine for vertical jump.
Speaker 6: I hate that, I know and I know Shrek.
Speaker 3: Gotta go many? What do you need a division? Yes, as Florida Gators.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, wait, wait wait, let's go to the let's go to the end.
Speaker 5: Let's see it.
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, forty point one. Okay's two hundred and forty four pounds. I believe performance by that dude, actually what your dunk tot contest For the first.
Speaker 5: Time, you can go.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry mansa man time.
Speaker 6: You know when you say QB one, you know.
Speaker 5: Look at this.
Speaker 6: This is the Spencer Rattler.
Speaker 5: Who did you think?
Speaker 2: And Rattler and some good because I hate for that.
Speaker 6: Rattler was bitch back in twenty one? That was good?
Speaker 7: How much chance I gotta bring us back?
Speaker 2: Cody. We have spent twenty four hours back and forth on social media just going at it because you got a question wrong. Yeshay, You're not going to get this one wrong. I have full confidence in you.
Speaker 6: Love it.
Speaker 2: This is now a former player. Are you ready? It's a guy who wasn't in the NFL this past season, so be ready for this. I am a seven time Pro Bowl wide receiver and I played in a Super Bowl. I made the twenty tens All Decade team. We're talking a legend. I broke the Combine record with the broad jump one hundred and third five inches.
Speaker 6: I'm make seven.
Speaker 2: Cody's face, I don't.
Speaker 6: Maybe two thousand. I'm trying to think twenty ten's all.
Speaker 4: Decade one of the best wide receivers. I mean, I'm just gonna say yeah, wide receiver.
Speaker 2: I would say, I would say, one of those jobs receivers in the history of the sport.
Speaker 6: Yes, Cody am, I am on the right. Okay, hold on.
Speaker 7: Jones to the video.
Speaker 6: It goes over twelve.
Speaker 5: I'm leaving. Now we go.
Speaker 6: He he did, he did, He goes over twelve. It's eleven four.
Speaker 12: Look at him, he's eleven three three.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome, Cody, great job. The longest broad jumping that Byron Jones would of course break it, but Julio Jones an absolute freak. All right, we're moving along, Jamie. Are you ready here?
Speaker 3: I like them little'll plug you help Cody with at the beginning, current or former player, just help us out with that this next round. Okay, current player, current player, Okay, okay, yes, let's go.
Speaker 2: To the big board. I am a Super Bowl champion quarterback. Okay, okay, started and won a Super Bowl. I have now played for three different NFL teams, and I ran the second fastest forty in my position group when I was at the combine.
Speaker 3: Who am I a current NFL quarterback that has won a Super Bowl, that has played for three teams. I'm going to fully ignore the combine part of that who has played for three teams that's won a Super Bowl, Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind the combine part fast, fast, good moving player. Second combine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ran the second fast third, third NFL team, third NFL team.
Speaker 4: Three, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: There you go, let's go jack.
Speaker 13: N Russell Wilson is They're the two eye that I call figure them out five ten and five eight's Russell Wilson and Kellen Moore. They don't fit the prototypical box, but they both have compelling characteristics, different characteristics that if I'm an NFL team, like Russell Wilson to me, I'm drafting him in the middle round somewhere and he's gonna be my number two quarterback and he's a change of pace guy that down the road might turn into a starter.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing commentary, but also like you got a Mayock was spot on. He was a middle round guy who was considered to be a backup, but then he went to training camp as a third round pick out played Matt fun in the late Trevares Jackson and he's never looked back. Russell. One more thing, if you watch that footage, you see brock Osweiler in the background just like watching him. It's amazing to see this. I love it all right, Fanti, are you ready?
Speaker 6: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, man time defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I am a super Bowl champion. I am one of five different Georgia Bulldogs drafted by my current team in the last three years. And as a big man, I ran a four to seven eighth forty at the combine that wowed everyone. Who am I? Manta das Jordan Davis is right.
Speaker 6: Let's go for.
Speaker 15: Here comes a very large talented individual.
Speaker 5: Here he goes. That's a big man movement?
Speaker 2: Is that is a big two?
Speaker 15: Holy that deserves a nice round of applause from the fans here. They just watched somebody pushing three forty run a four eight to two.
Speaker 14: That is a ridiculous time for somebody that big.
Speaker 5: That is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Yes, Manta, Yes, Mercy.
Speaker 8: Peter, Peter, Peter, you want to hear something funny, real quick? I ran a four eight two on the same field, on the same.
Speaker 2: Turf, different weight class.
Speaker 6: I run a four a two, Peter, that's all amazing.
Speaker 2: That guy, what did you weigh in that?
Speaker 8: Because because he was three forty, were you two lighter one hundred.
Speaker 2: You were two forty.
Speaker 6: I was two forty.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, different different type.
Speaker 6: Of human, different type of human.
Speaker 2: Different human, different human. You're my guy, though, don't worry, Cody. Are you ready right this question of this segment? Are you ready to take it home and end on a good note? I hope so I do.
Speaker 6: I need to go two for two to make up.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I am a rare left handed quarterback in the NFL. I played in a recent college football championship game. My pinpoint throws in the Indianapolis Convention Center hallways went viral. Who am I?
Speaker 7: My mind goes the tuatuga aloa right away?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Recent college. But he's not recent enough.
Speaker 6: That's okay, go more recent than that. What high draft pick are we thinking?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, first round pick? Yeah, first round pick?
Speaker 5: It was, it was, it was.
Speaker 6: It was a pick that everybody got on the GM for let's just say that everybody got on the GM four. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, very controversial pick last year.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, Michael Pennix, Yeah, I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the hallways. Yes, yes, let's go to the hallways. Last year Convention Center.
Speaker 6: I don't remember this though, I've never seen this.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, yes, all right, Pennis. He draws rain with his deep ball. When you look at the tracer with him, he throws it with a ton of air. Usually look at that. That is beautiful, just the amount of revolutions on the ball. Just watch the spin. Watch him spin the ball.
Speaker 5: How tight it is. Wow, it's like an NFL film shop. Yeah, I slow that down and just a man.
Speaker 14: He just spins it as tight as spiral as you'll see from Michael Pennix.
Speaker 6: You in the back too, That was good.
Speaker 5: That was good. I'm watching that was good.
Speaker 2: That was good to Sue, it would have been right if we had the footage of Tua in the hallways here right though, those first two things to it would have would have been right. So hey, guys that I'm looking at Todd Downey, I'm look at Tod Downy. I'm looking at Cope, my producer, Spencer Rattler. Oh and look at that beautiful face looking at admiration in the background. Beautiful Peter, this.
Speaker 4: Is why you're a fixture at the combine. We love you. Saving face. That's Peter's combine face.
Speaker 3: Well, Cody saved himself in the saving face scheme from yesterday. It was, frankly, now we can actually say it a terrible performance, and you redeemed yourself today.
Speaker 6: Friends, I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you held that until today, right redeem myself because I lost some sleep last night. I had nightmares of saving face, but woke up determined this morning. I went to a little combine study last night.
Speaker 6: Treggs.
Speaker 7: I appreciate some softball ones there that was a little bit easier than yesterday. But now I'm I'm hooked. I want to Peter's not nice like that they were easier than yesterday. I'll say it just goes No, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now I'm in trouble.