Speaker 1: Well, we're having a Gallantine's day in the studio right now. Oh yeah, I kicked all the boys out for this one night. I mean I forced Alexis to hang out with me and here I'm having so much fun. I love when you're honest and and forth.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, welcome to the second date update. We hope you're having a great love day, and if you're not, we hope this makes you feel better. Yeah, you know, nothing like remembering why single is often better than trying. It's true, it's true. Listen to say for yourself or give this as a gift, yes, significant other, to show it just how normal you are. Yeah, there it is. And we've got back to back classics that start right now.
Speaker 3: They say that, hell, hath no fury like a woman scorned. Oh yeah, and we've got one very angry lady on the phone right now. I know what you're thinking. No, it's not Brooke calling us from the other room. Brooks say say hi, just to prove that you're here.
Speaker 1: Hi, it's me. She's happy, all right.
Speaker 3: I usually No, it's one of our listeners who says she's furious after her date left her in the most embarrassing situation of her life, and now she wants our help getting not just answers from the guy, but revenge on him.
Speaker 4: We're always down for a little revenge trip. You're going You're not going far.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear what went down in your second date update.
Speaker 5: Right after this broking Jeffrey in the morning second date update.
Speaker 3: We got an email from a listener and I'll just read the subject line. It says, there's a scamming coward on the dating apps and you need to help me expose him. And his name is Scotty. Don't I'm just kidding. It's an inside joke on the show right now. So we're gonna put that aside with the bottle of peach snaps and everything else that's waiting up in his own hotel room. Let's focus on our caller here, because she did seem pretty heated in her email. Just on the subject line alone, you could tell. Let's talk to Lindsay. Lindsey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hih already coming in hot just with that high. I love it, Lindsay, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I did, and I want to call him. I want to call him.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's take a deep breath.
Speaker 4: We'll get into him. Can we know what's this guy's name?
Speaker 6: His name is Alex, and honestly, don't even call him a guy. He's a boy. Wow, Like, Howard, what happened?
Speaker 1: Okay, Lindsay, we're on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to watch the language just a little bit. But I appreciate the passion that you have.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 6: Well, we got dinner and it was going great. I felt like we were really connecting, having a good time. He seems more into me than I was into him. And towards the end of the meal, he gets up to go to the bathroom and never comes back.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we have taught to people that have done this or had it done to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really extreme.
Speaker 6: I've heard of this happening online. I never thought this would happen to me, and it was humiliating. I felt like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh God, how long did you sit there? Did you get the waiter to like go check on him or what?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, So after like fifteen twenty minutes, I was like, maybe we can check the bathroom. Is he okay? I actually got worried about him and he wasn't even there.
Speaker 8: He was gone, oh well, yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I hate to ask. Usually the people who do this aren't enjoying the date. Do you think maybe you've done this before?
Speaker 4: Strong he did something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, even he usually did it have a really good reason.
Speaker 4: He isn't like you so much.
Speaker 6: He left right Like I said, he seemed more into me than I was into him. He was so slurty and funny and like, who does this? What kind of garbage piece of craft? Humane and leave their dates and the date all by yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you have a lot of reason to be upset, but I don't know that he is going to hear you if we're coming in at that level, you know what I mean? Like, what do you want out of this? You want to call him out?
Speaker 6: And then what I want to know what made him do that?
Speaker 4: What's good that we're going to talk and not you because it sounds like you're just getting yell.
Speaker 3: This is definitely different because most of the people that reach out to us want another date with the person that we're about to call. Lindsey, you have no interest whatsoever.
Speaker 6: No, I want you to call him and then I'm going to come on the phone and lean him out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm here for that. I don't know, like what if he has a good reason, but.
Speaker 3: There is there is no good reason a man should ever do that to a woman.
Speaker 1: We have heard where people have had like bathroom emergencies where they can't go back to the table.
Speaker 3: He could have texted her and said something to her like exactly have you reached out to him since then since that happened.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've texted him a lot. He had plenty of opportunities to write me back and let me know if something went wrong in the bathroom, which he didn't.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm assuming you called him a bunch of like mean names in the text message.
Speaker 6: I mean I started off nice and then he didn't answer, so he didn't deserve me being nice. He didn't get that. He does not get that.
Speaker 1: What's interesting. I mean, as soon as we tell this guy who we're calling for, he's going to hang up on us. Why because he knows, he knows how mad she is. She's already been texting us.
Speaker 4: Well, he won't know that she's on the line until we surprise her with that.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe he wants to out her. Maybe this is his chance, right, if it's something he thinks she did, not that I support that.
Speaker 4: Women don't do things wrong in the dating world.
Speaker 6: So the only he's done this, I bet he's done this to like a hundred women, so he can't get away with it and he has to defend himself or say something.
Speaker 3: Oh you think he does this like all the time he gets nothing to do.
Speaker 7: I bet he does.
Speaker 4: Okay, because he.
Speaker 6: Was actually so smooth and funny, flurry, I can read these guys like a book.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the only reason that you reached out to us here is just because the idea of not knowing why he left that night is probably just killing you right now.
Speaker 6: If he's gonna humiliate me, I'm gonna humiliate him on the radio.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: We're not just doing this for Lindsay today. We're doing this for women everywhere who have gotten stood up and walked out of in the middle of dinner.
Speaker 4: Let's get them, ladies.
Speaker 1: Come on, I don't even know if he's a scammer.
Speaker 4: We are gonna.
Speaker 3: Dos remerciless when we come back and do the most brutal second date part two we've ever done.
Speaker 1: If you're a guy, I would not answer your phone in the next five minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, please answer so that we can have something to air, but we're gonna do it right after this.
Speaker 5: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 3: This is a little tense because there's a woman listener of ours on the phone right now who is out for blood.
Speaker 8: Yes, she is, claws are out because in her mind and I do kind of agree with her here, there's no reason for a guy to get up and leave a table at the end of the date, sneak out of the restaurant and stick her with the entire bill.
Speaker 1: And that's a day he ate his dinner. It's not like he left in the middle and like some emergency. But that's what That's a good point, Joe.
Speaker 3: That's what happened to Lindsay, or I mean, at least I think she got stuck with the bill.
Speaker 4: What happened with the bill, Lindsay? Did you pay it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So that's another thing. He left me to cover the bill. The waiter saw me sitting there for a half hour and sawhow upset he was, and he generously covered my bill, which was so nice.
Speaker 4: Told the manager to take it off. The bill paid for.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to pay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't have to pay, But the humiliation of being left alone there was the worst part of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alexis is humiliated just sitting alone at her desk sometimes even if I can't and shameful.
Speaker 3: But Brook, I think we need a game plan so we all don't jump on Alex and like get angry right off the back.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think first of all, we shouldn't accuse him of anything. We don't know from his side what happened.
Speaker 4: You liar, You would say that there.
Speaker 1: Could be a reason, even if his reason sucks. You want to hear it. That's the whole point of you calling in, right, you want to hear it.
Speaker 4: He better be in the hospital when we call him. I won't forgive him.
Speaker 1: The only way we're going to hear it is if we come in not accusatory.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, but like we're all on my side.
Speaker 1: Yes, well the girls do not see I mean right now, Yeah, I haven't heard the other side of the story yet.
Speaker 3: I don't care what the other side of the story is, person But I'm going to dial Alex and we're going to be on our best behavior.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he picks up here.
Speaker 1: We go he says, Okay, okay, I make sure.
Speaker 4: I kind of like it. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Alex.
Speaker 9: Ut see.
Speaker 4: Hey Alex, hope you're having a good day.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hello, all right, Alex.
Speaker 1: I'm just laughing at Jeffrey right now.
Speaker 4: Hi, I past Jeffrey. That's me. I'm a radio host on the show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: Hey Alex, wait, what.
Speaker 1: The whole show's here?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 3: We're just hoping to have a nice, calm, pleasant conversation with you today about what a date you went on recently with one of our listeners.
Speaker 4: Her name is Lindsey. Please don't hang up. Oh my god. Okay, ay, yeah you remember Lindsay. Huh yeah.
Speaker 3: So we heard from her that you two went out to dinner recently, which.
Speaker 1: She thought was going great. She really was enjoying her time with you.
Speaker 3: And then there was the bad part of dinner, which happened when you went missing from the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Like, yep, yeah, you're just gonna own that. You're not gonna apologize immediately, So.
Speaker 4: You admit that, you admit that happened. You walked out.
Speaker 9: I take full credit for that.
Speaker 1: What creditt that's like a pride thing when you take credit or something.
Speaker 9: What do you mean because she probably didn't share with you. But I saw her and her little friend before the date friend, I don't know her little friend's name, her little girlfriends. They were about a block away from the restaurant. Her and her friend were involved in something else, so they didn't notice me.
Speaker 1: What do you see them do? That's so terrible.
Speaker 9: Her friend is like, seems like she's coaching her for something. So Lindsey says to her friend, oh, my uber app is not working? Can you pay for me?
Speaker 1: And she like backs her eyes and.
Speaker 9: Her uber app wasn't working, and her friend said, no, just say a little more. Believably, she's coaching her.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly so she would have to pay for an uber home.
Speaker 9: She was like, what uber apps not?
Speaker 6: Did you pay for me?
Speaker 9: It was like sociopathic the way she.
Speaker 6: Did it, so you pathic the way I did it.
Speaker 3: We have to let Alex know that that is Lindsay on the Lade would.
Speaker 6: Never I'm hearing. What I'm hearing Alex is that you're so so Guys aren't supposed to help a girl get home safely after.
Speaker 3: The thing is Lindsay, you jumped in too soon, so we couldn't get to what Alex was thinking.
Speaker 4: What was going through your mind? Alex?
Speaker 9: I was thinking, And I feel like I have proof because I witnessed your friend coaching you in getting me to like pay for your uber and you playing this like damsel and distress act just to get free stuff out of me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he's talking about, Lindsay, I was.
Speaker 6: I was expecting to be able to get help getting home. I just said that, and there's nothing wrong with that, and so you were an answer to that with a get up and just leave dinner at the end and leave me the bill. Like I don't know what an immature loser will the help.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to know, like, if you heard it before the date even started, why did you do the date?
Speaker 9: Because here's the thing. As soon as I heard her planning to do that, I already knew she was going to manipulate me.
Speaker 6: So I was like, I'm going to be manipulate you. Oh my god, soccer did a guy helps a girl get home? You know, usually people do that, but.
Speaker 9: You were practicing over and over again, and you two wine. Laughing about it.
Speaker 6: Helps and we think like I was huge, So what do you not laugh with your friends? Like Jesus, you made this evil plan and response to leave me and like an idiot in the middle of the restaurant all alone, like.
Speaker 9: No one, I ordered the most expensive thing on the men.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's just confirms you are you are just a little Oh well, if.
Speaker 3: Anything, you guys are both a little bit of manipulators.
Speaker 9: No no, no, no, no, no no, I only scam the scammer. I was ready to have a genuine date with her.
Speaker 6: Shut up, I get hold after a few drinks safely, and you decided up on a plan of just I don't know, make You just want to make someone feel small. You want to make women feel small.
Speaker 9: You are not women, You are one person.
Speaker 6: Oh great, So now I'm not a woman who deserves to be not left an abandoned at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Why can't you afford your own uber? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Fine, you guys are not getting it. She was practicing that her uber wasn't working. She can totally afford it. She just wants to take the fool out of somebody.
Speaker 6: Okay, so chivalry is dead, thank you?
Speaker 3: Nd it is a little bit sus that you're practicing the line to say to like be like, can you pay for my broken app own?
Speaker 1: No, it's more than suss. It's like you got caught, girl, You got caught scamming him for an uber ride.
Speaker 6: I was not scamming.
Speaker 1: You mean, you're not scamming. You're lying, You're lying to get what you need.
Speaker 3: I am just a shamed that Brooke was on Lindsay's side this entire time.
Speaker 4: This is what happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe Brook cannot be part of this anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, thank you for taking my side.
Speaker 9: I think it first sounds like a genuine individual who could totally afford her own over right at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clearly, Brooke.
Speaker 3: There's always two sides to every story, and you're on the wrong one every time.
Speaker 1: I've never heard anyone in that room say that before that there's two sides. I didn't hear that at all, so weird.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, at this point, we're running out of time, so I just have to ask, we would I know there could be a lot of hot passion there because we always offer to send you guys out on another date, a date that we would pay for if you're both willing to agree to it.
Speaker 8: Just don't know.
Speaker 6: I can find a man who doesn't mind getting me home after a few drinks.
Speaker 3: I don't mind getting you home after a few drinks. That's why I'm offering to pay.
Speaker 9: I mean, Lindsay, I'm actually kind of down at this point.
Speaker 4: Don't fall for Lindsey. He's luring you in for another track.
Speaker 9: What could I possibly weave this time? Dude?
Speaker 1: And in the end, Alex, I don't know if you know this, but she never even paid for the dinner. Yeah, yeah, waiter, you know what?
Speaker 9: You know what? That makes me even happier that this is all happening on the radio.
Speaker 4: What's happening on the radio.
Speaker 9: That she is getting completely exposed for being the liar manipulator that she is.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this is funny now, Alex, Oh my god, son, it around.
Speaker 9: She thinks, Babe.
Speaker 3: I think we've gotten pretty far in understanding what happens. We finally reached common ground.
Speaker 1: Thank god, you are such a champion of women. Jetuary.
Speaker 4: That's right, I fixed all the problems.
Speaker 1: I knew you would.
Speaker 5: Reok and Jeffrey in the morning, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it's pretty clear and maybe This is just my observation, but I feel like it's a super rare occurrence for Lindsey to be held accountable for anything she's ever done wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah it sounds like, yeah, she just bats her eyes and says what means I love at.
Speaker 4: The end, how her thing was, Oh, well, chivalry's dead. Yeah that's this means like, that's not what.
Speaker 1: This means at all. Wait a minute, I thought you two were gonna champion her no matter what happened. Remember that tried, but.
Speaker 4: Someone took us. I'm all about hearing people out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the girls in the room had the right sense of them.
Speaker 3: What if he wouldn't have seen her practicing her uber app lie out on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: Would have paid for her.
Speaker 3: He would have paid for the uber. There would have been no drama. They would never have even been on the show.
Speaker 1: And they could be two kids deep by this point.
Speaker 3: I think the real lesson is practice your scam lines in private, or at least in the women's restroom where the men can't here.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Remember that, ladies, thank you for the always again.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: We're ready to be scammed by you. We just don't want to know about it. Okay, and text and email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our Seconday podcast wherever you get yours at Brooke.
Speaker 5: And Jeffrey and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: We all have at least one choice that we made in life that we totally regret.
Speaker 4: Regret, Yeah, very regrettable. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Alcohol is usually involved tables.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 4: What a coincidence?
Speaker 1: You're right, I think all of mine involved alcohol. Brook regret that.
Speaker 3: Though, But have you ever made one tiny decision thinking oh, it'll be fine, yeah, only to end up in the hospital from it. Oh no, that's what happened to one of our listeners right in the middle of his first date.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He can't believe he was naive enough to make this dumb, totally avoidable choice. You're gonna hear it in a special Valentines episode of the Second Date Update coming up right after this.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Valentine's Day can be a dangerous holiday for a single person to try and meet someone. You do, you put a lot of pressure on yourself for it to work. Just look at college aged me and my infamous Valentine's Day massacre. It started with a certain hunky frat boy inviting two lucky ladies to one party, and ended with said frat boy drunk alone in his room, crying and kicking a hole in the ceiling above his top bunk because he's struck out with both ladies.
Speaker 1: Oh, they can't imagine why they missed out.
Speaker 3: Clearly just saying dating around this particular holiday isn't always the best idea, And I'm not really sure how today's caller Reese feels about it. Reese, you have a bunch of holes in your house somewhere right now.
Speaker 1: You're not lying on a top bunk of a frat girl.
Speaker 4: Back to your friend, Yeah, only.
Speaker 9: Jeff could have two girls in his room in a frat house and ruin it like that's accomplished.
Speaker 1: Talent whatever anti game that's him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I go a little, a little harsh, a little far, but brought it up just to laugh at it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Reese, So you went out with a girl pretty close to Valentine's Day?
Speaker 4: Were you feeling the pressure?
Speaker 2: Not really, because I wasn't really thinking about it at that time. Oh okay, Okay, make sure the background is I had gone through a pretty rough breakup few months prior, and I was trying to get back.
Speaker 6: In the game.
Speaker 9: I thank you.
Speaker 2: I met Jen her and I matched, and I kind of realized after like we sort of clicked and we started talking like. I didn't want to wait until after Valentine's Day to ask her out.
Speaker 1: Right, because you could totally lose momentum if you wait too long. Yes, strike while right.
Speaker 2: So I was eager and kind of realizing at that time that it was close to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, as you start to book things and everything's sold out.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And that's why we decided to do something different other than a restaurant, Like, I don't want to make it feel weird at a place where there's only couples and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So you invited two girls to one frat party and that's when the good stuff happened.
Speaker 8: It's lady, yeah, An, did you call the right show for that to.
Speaker 1: Blow up in your face?
Speaker 4: You just took out Jen though, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, we're just making fun of Jeffrey for his past. Yeah, man, not yet.
Speaker 3: I mean a certain frat guy was brave enough to invite two at once. But you know, if you're not brave enough.
Speaker 4: To do it about a lot, are you accomplished that?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 4: I get it. Okay, So where did you and Gen go?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 2: She actually suggested a bar. They were having like an all things pink night.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It's like a Valen Sine's day. Ish, It's like pink clothes, pink drinks, pink food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so we go in.
Speaker 2: And I excuse myself to the restaurant quickly. While I'm doing that, she ordered us two pink strawberry dacries.
Speaker 1: Odd.
Speaker 2: Here's where I messed up. Is I'm diabetic. She doesn't know I'm diabetic.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I look at the drink and I think to myself, I can handle one. You know, my blood sugar is probably gonna spike. Okay, I'll get home, I'll take my insulin and I'll just monitor the Albokay, you.
Speaker 1: Will follow it up with a cake to wash it down.
Speaker 2: Well, I miscalculated it. Well, I started having an episode, so I needed medical attention. And the thing is is like there was a moment where I couldn't really talk and I wrote on a napkin and I slid it to gen and I slid the word hospital.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Oh.
Speaker 3: I hate to keep drawing parallels between this and the Valentine's Day masker at the front, but it's just that it keeps lighting up.
Speaker 1: You're not diabetic.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying, there's a bad experience. Girlick, that's that's scared.
Speaker 1: I was so scared on a date with someone you don't know what happens. Well, she doesn't even know you're diabetic. I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't quite understand what the note means, and she references to someone else and the other person goes, maybe he's epileptic. You should shove a wallet in his mouth.
Speaker 4: What Oh, so you don't bite your toe?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is a fun Valentine's Day party game. Everybody take your wallets house, going to go hot tip.
Speaker 1: If you're having a seizure, you usually can't write at the same.
Speaker 2: Time managing to scribble diabetic on a napkin, which then Jen gets and she's got to drive me to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a first date experience thing.
Speaker 2: They're a little foggy and I kind of come to and I realized, like all of a sudden, she's not there and I'm surrounded by doctors, and it was a very chaotic night.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you get a kiss at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: The next morning, I send her a text and say, hey, I'm good. I'm so sorry about last night, and she responds back it was like, hey, just glad you're all right. And then that's pretty much it, and I hadn't heard anything since.
Speaker 1: No okay, I mean obviously not like your fall out of your control, but also really traumatizing for her too.
Speaker 3: You know, think about what she thinks, like, oh, anytime he has one drink, he's going to need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: I don't want to date a guy.
Speaker 1: I think she would have more empathy than that, plenty of other things.
Speaker 3: Let me see how empathetic this woman really is when we give Jenna call, hopefully she up, and see what she asks to say when we do your Valentine's edition of Second Date Update right after this hold on Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: In the morning. Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: A Valentine's themed date that ends in the hospital for some of us, wouldn't be the worst Valentines that we've ever had, Hey.
Speaker 1: Jeff, get over the night in the house.
Speaker 3: It was for our listener Reese, who was a diabetic and took a chance drank a pink strawberry dackery during his date, thinking that he could handle just one. Fast forward to him being driven to the hospital by his date Jen, where he had to be treated by doctors. It's all kind of a fuzzy experienced him because he was going through an episode. But afterwards Jen was gone and hasn't responded really to him since the brook. You've had worse Valentines recently, right, give him a little bit of hope.
Speaker 1: No, Honestly, if this girl isn't calling you back because it freaked her out, that is somewhat understandable. But once I feel like she talks to you, she's really going to understand the situation and just have a lot of empathy for you. I can't imagine her not giving you another chance.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about that, Reese?
Speaker 2: I feel like if she's got empathy, she would have gone out with me already. And I really don't understand.
Speaker 1: She drove me to the hospital.
Speaker 3: She needs to do more than that. My mom drives me to the hospital and I don't want from my mom what Reese wants from Jen hopefully.
Speaker 9: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows. Maybe it's not the hospital or the diabetes. Maybe you had bad breath and you didn't realize that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And you're blackout drawing on napkins.
Speaker 1: You were like, show me you know something.
Speaker 3: For Do you want to speculate a hundred more of things that could have gone wrong?
Speaker 4: Or should we just call this girl? Don't speculate. I like them.
Speaker 9: Please call her.
Speaker 1: Solid.
Speaker 4: Let's dial janieus. If she answers, you just sit tight there. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Jen?
Speaker 9: Yes speaking Hey Jen?
Speaker 3: This is a radio show. We're called Broken Jeffrey in the Morning. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 9: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Thanks for asking Jen? You people aren't that polite? Very well?
Speaker 4: That was kind of an empathetic move there.
Speaker 1: It was, Oh, good point, jes.
Speaker 4: So that's that's good news for you.
Speaker 9: Jen.
Speaker 7: What's what's a radio station calling me?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you five guesses.
Speaker 4: That was unfair.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 4: Ok sure, people take the joy out of it.
Speaker 3: This is called second date Update and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently named Reese.
Speaker 1: Very memorable night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, it sounds like that night was crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, great, you got the rundown.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We spoke to him a little bit just to kind of snapshot of what happened that night, and he told us that you're not really responding for another date at all, and he doesn't really understand why.
Speaker 7: Hmm, well, yeah, I mean I'm not answering him back.
Speaker 9: That's accurate.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see. Do you hate diabetics? Is that what's going on? I had a few of those people.
Speaker 7: Answer you no, Oh my gosh, no, it's literally nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't hate people who have diabetes. I hate people who have girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Wait what did you just say?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: I hate people who already have girlfriends.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a girlfriend. Didn't ask how he would.
Speaker 9: Have come on here.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oait, are you saying? You're saying that he's in a relationship? You think?
Speaker 4: Why do you think that?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, if he gave you the rundown, I'm assuming he told you I took him to the hospital, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he was having an episode and you were like his savior and.
Speaker 7: He needed Yes, I was his savior. But somebody else was his emergency contact. I guess because I'm sitting in the reception area and this woman comes in and she's asking for Reese. She's saying that she's his emergency contact. She's saying that she's his girlfriend. We didn't and they took her back there to see him.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that okay, objectively looks really bad. But the thing is, obviously we don't know everything about recent his situation.
Speaker 1: Maybe there was another reason, having a different diabetic or it's like a avocation where my past boss is really my best friend.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's like those things.
Speaker 3: But do you remember when we first talked to me, he mentioned that he went through a bad breakup with somebody a little while back.
Speaker 4: I forgot. Maybe it's his like ex girlfriend. Who's who's listed as his girlfriend? He doesn't changes, But how often do you update your emergency contact stuff like that. It's possible, possibly, I mean, we don't know.
Speaker 3: The thing is, we could ask Reese right now, because he's been on the phone this whole time listening.
Speaker 7: What the heck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think that this is something he actually needs to hear.
Speaker 4: Okay, it could give us a little bit of clarity. Reese, are you there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 9: Jen?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 9: Reathe so? Uh? I guess I was just wondering, what's going on? Why haven't you gotten back with.
Speaker 1: A dude? Why are you not coming in and saying I'm sorry, there's a misunderstanding.
Speaker 4: Let me clear it up.
Speaker 2: I mean, do we really have to talk about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Important to her, and I think tell all of our listeners at this point, are you in a relationship?
Speaker 9: Okay? Look so here like yes, Like, but.
Speaker 1: What you just said you broke up with your axe and you were heartbroken and you were finally back in a dating pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean when you when you do stuff on the radio, I mean you might say a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to make yourself look good?
Speaker 1: You're using us to cheat, Jen. I feel like his girlfriend might know though.
Speaker 4: Just say it was your ex girlfriend and we're good.
Speaker 1: You were lying.
Speaker 3: You're just joking again radio, you saying girlfriend, Jen, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: This is very messy, very sloppy, sloppy work y'all, y'all should have vetted him, Like, Okay, Jen, like, yes, I'm in a relationship, but I'm not happy and.
Speaker 9: I want to see you what was out there?
Speaker 7: You're so this is like your whole is get dug deeper and deeper.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm sorry, I guess so, Jenny, I mean, does this ruin our chances?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've kind of created a big mess for yourself. So I don't know what it is that you want to say to Jen.
Speaker 2: But all right, look, I'm just saying Jen, like I'm not happy, and I feel like if you want to have.
Speaker 9: Like an actual Valentine's Day together, like we can do that. We can have like a legit breeze.
Speaker 7: You're just a big walking red flag.
Speaker 4: Oh like Valentines you got a.
Speaker 7: Free ambulance ride and let's just chalk it up to that.
Speaker 9: Okay, you got lucky.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that him telling you how sad he is doesn't make you want to date him right now?
Speaker 9: It really is.
Speaker 7: It's tugging at my heart strength.
Speaker 1: That was sarcasm, Jeff, Yeah, why why don't you just break up with your girlfriend? I don't understand this, don't.
Speaker 9: I don't know that I want to do that either, God, you're the worst.
Speaker 7: I you know what, I'm almost regarding taking him to the hospital.
Speaker 4: It's a little far.
Speaker 9: Jen.
Speaker 4: Although we understand the sentiment.
Speaker 1: That your girlfriend's gonna hear this or does she know?
Speaker 3: I'm not worried yet, because the thing is, Jen could be his new girlfriend if she says yes to this question. You have two girls in his room like someone I know didn't want to die.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you works for the frank guy in Jeff's room.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, Jen is we would love to pay, not love, but we will.
Speaker 4: We'll pay. We'll pay for the second date with Reese and.
Speaker 7: Yeah, come on, And it's like, it's not a no, it's a hall no.
Speaker 3: Did not see that coming? Blindsided by that one. Sure, at least you have a backup. You can always go back to your girlfriend. Is his girlfriend that.
Speaker 4: I don't know? Inviting two girls into the studio alone.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey and morning.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: I thought I knew what cheap voice sounded like because he he didn't have cheater voice. But I was totally wrong.
Speaker 8: I was, yeah, wow, so like nice.
Speaker 3: But you know what, give him some points, Brook because he was honest. At least admitted that he had a girlfriend after.
Speaker 4: He got exposed.
Speaker 5: He admitted it though.
Speaker 4: He got there, not to the honesty.
Speaker 1: You think he went home and was honest with his girlfriend Suddenly I doubt it, Jeff, he.
Speaker 4: Cares about that.
Speaker 3: He was honest with us, and he was still trying to go out with Jem even afterwards. Yeah, it's that type of kotspu that if I had back at the frat house, things would have turned out so much differently that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what you're crying? Hey, before you ladies leave him.
Speaker 7: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Consider the Valentin's Day masker could have been the Valentine's Day rodeo for me.
Speaker 4: But I don't think so missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: You could still do it. I do not admire to be this dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, please let's get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll admire somebody else that calls in to get a second date update email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of ours. They're available up on podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey Home of the Second Date Update