Speaker 1: Let's talk to Daniel. Hello, Daniel, Hello, Hi, Hey, thanks for having me. I had to have someone, you know, Yeah, I suppose so. Was that? Was that a dick thing of me to say? You can tell me if it was?
Speaker 2: No, No, I just didn't. I didn't want to be one of those people to ask how are you? But here I am?
Speaker 1: What do you? Why is it? Why is such a bad thing to ask me how I am?
Speaker 2: It seems like everyone does and we know you're doing fine?
Speaker 1: How do you know I'm doing fine? I could be doing that, could be severely depressed. Daniel here, you're from Philadelphia, twenty six years old? You said, he says you have a neighbor who is being a dick to you? Is that is that correct? Is that what you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 2: Well, he's he's just no, he's kind of a dick in general. I've lived next to him for about ten years. I live with my parents still. And he comes up to me the other day and he informs me that his dog had passed away, which is not really surprising his dog had been sick for a while, but also is his wife is, on top of that, is terminally ill with cancer and I've known this man for a while, and I certainly have sympathy for him, but I don't really know if I feel bad for him in a way.
Speaker 1: Why why is this? Why? Why do you feel as though you don't feel bad for him?
Speaker 2: Like empathy and more of a sense like I don't really want to talk it out with him because he's kind of He's made some racist comments in the past about people in general, and we've never not gotten along. But he's just not really someone I spark up a conversation with.
Speaker 1: Hmm, and uh, do you feel as though he is turning to you specifically as somebody to be a shoulder to cry on in this in this time of need?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so background, he's he's he's older, I'd say, maybe in the sixties, mid to late sixties. And they don't have any children, so he's he's kind of alone in this journey with his wife right now. And and and as a person, like most people, I would I would feel really bad about that, and and I certainly do in a way, but I don't necessarily have as much empathy as I would like someone I get along with better.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, And well, like I said, is he is he asking you specifically for sympathy, Like, do you do you feel him trying to talk to you a lot about this situation?
Speaker 2: He's been out a little more. I stand outside in my backyard when I let my dog out, which he also made comments about he doesn't like my dog being a pitbull, but so it made fun of my dog. But anyway, Yeah, he's he's been outside more and trying to spark up a conversation. But I mean, I just kind of keep it short and simple, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Daniel, I'm I'm not a moral authority of any kind, and you have no oblig You have no obligation to do anything for anyone. Ever, you really don't, and I believe that you have no obligation to do any no obligation to be nice to anyone or to sympathize to anyone. You are just born on this earth and you can see things and hear things if you're lucky, and then you die. And that's really the basics of it. Do you do you doa wants to be nice to this guy? Like? What how do you feel about the situation? First? Like? Where do your desires lie?
Speaker 2: I think it comes more from I'm more of a like I'm not really usually like this, but because of the relationship I've had with him over the last ten years, I don't really have any interest in really discussing things with him.
Speaker 1: M Okay, well, here's the thing. You don't have to because you don't really have to do anything. But you know, it's one thing to deploy kindness when it's easy, you know, like when people have been kind to you and you know your friends are coming to you with you know, things, and it's like, oh, I like this person, I'm gonna show sympathy to them. But I think if you want, and again it's only if you want, I'm not gonna tell you what you should have shouldn't do. But if you want to be a guy who's constantly radiating with kindness and you want to really think of yourself as a kind person and act with kindness to the world, I think you have to do it, even in situations where it's difficult, such as this, you know, because to look at this guy, to look at this guy and to be able to go, you know, this guy said some things that I really don't like. This guy's really never been nice to me. This guy's really been uh, just just a jerk to me, and I just I don't like him, But all thatwithstanding, i still love him as a fellow human being on this earth. I still want to be kind, and I'm still gonna say to him, I'm sorry for your loss. I still don't wish any ill upon him. Whether or not I believe he deserves these things, I'm still going to think of him sympathetically and want good things for him. I feel like today we don't really do that a lot. I feel like we kind of pick our heroes and our villains and and you know, that's a way to do it. You know, again, I'm not telling anyone what they should do, but I think that there is a lot of strength in saying, you know, I want the best for everyone, even if I mean that's that's what I want for myself. You know, I'm trying to get there. There's a lot of strength in being like, this person did me wrong. I don't like them, don't agree with them, I might even think that they're kind of evil, but I still want the best from them, because that's that's just how I am. So I'm just presenting that as an option for you to take. Should it be appealing to you.
Speaker 2: Now, I really appreciate that different perspective. I didn't really think about it like that, and I kind of want to kill him with kindness.
Speaker 1: Now my favorite this is a tangent my favorite parts and movies. Like when I was a kid, I used to love these parts and movies, And as I'm growing up, I'm kind of understanding why is. I have an example from he Man and an example from Toy Story three. You've ever seen? You ever see Toy Story three?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You ever see? This makes me cry when I think about it. You ever see in a Toy Story three when they're all going into the trash compactor and like lots so hugging but this is lots so hugging bear. He like uh throws, he like throws them all away, and I forget how he gets there too. But lots of huggin Bear has already established himself as a villain. He's already fucked over the toys, He's already screwed everyone over, and like the everyone's like picking up a magnetic thing right to get away from the fire that's gonna kill him, And lots of hugging Bear is stuck under the this like metal thing or whatever, and everyone's like, come on, what are you we gonna go? And what he and you know what he does. He goes and he saves lots of hugging Bear, even though lots of hugging Bear put them in that situation, even though he has established himself as an evil antagonist who has bad intentions, Wood, he goes and he saves them anyway. Do you know why? Because he's a fucking good guy. Because that's who Wood he is, because he doesn't carry he that's what he does. He Man did the same thing with Skeletorre. I don't remember the exact situation, but I've seen that movies all the time. It always gets to me and that that feels analogous to the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my next stark.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Well, anything else you want to say to the people of the computer Daniel.
Speaker 2: I appreciate them joining and I really appreciate you giving me that.
Speaker 1: Advice for sure, Man, thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: All right, take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I was a kid, they always used to resonate with me because you because you watch that scene and you're like, and you know what's and you know what happens, what he saves lots of hugging Bear and then afterwards, lots of hugging Bear has an opportunity to save Woody and he still doesn't do it, and he doesn't do it. But that's that's the kind of guy what he is. I want to be more like that in my own life. I've thought about it. I've really thought about it. I'm like, because I talk about this stuff, and I try to come at it from a way of like, I'm not a moral authority because I don't. This is just a thing I'm striving for, not a thing from a point of I do this and everyone else should. But you know, I think about it all the time. I think like, if somebody really did something fucked up to me, like you know, something like they you know, did something to hurt one of my family members or or myself or something like that, I'm like, could I, maybe even after a little bit of time, could I eventually find a way to love them? Like wouldn't that be Isn't that what I would want? Wouldn't that be the best thing for me personally? To have that strike That's a hard thing to do. It's a really hard thing to do. If I think about it as like a I just think about it for myself a lot. It's interesting to come on here on this podcast and talk about it because I think about it all the time. All right, next call you guys. Remember that toy story three reference? Right? Hello?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey is Ian? Ian?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Ian?
Speaker 5: Not much, just getting ready to work.
Speaker 1: Where do you work?
Speaker 5: I'm at Cavana?
Speaker 1: You work at Carvana? Yeah, I've seen advertisements for that. What is that?
Speaker 6: It's a I believe we are wholesale youth car service, So we sell use cars to people and will buy you a youth car and we'll come and pick it up for you, and then we'll send it to you for free as well if you buy a new car.
Speaker 1: And is working there as boring as it sounds.
Speaker 5: Do you know what? It's okay?
Speaker 6: I did pay decently. I get paid above men. I'm my wage for what I do, and I really don't do nothing. I work for security, so I work from three to eleven thirty and it's such a great schedule, so.
Speaker 1: You don't do any You really don't have to do anything. You said, yeah, yeah, do you like that? Do you like having a job where you don't really do anything? You're kind of biding your time.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, I'm looking for another job. I'm thinking about babysitting currently for three children.
Speaker 1: Your babysitting currently?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I'm thinking about babysitting for three children.
Speaker 1: What's what's is now? And you say you're thinking about babysitting for three children? Did you find a group of three children specifically that want to have you babysit for them? Or are you about to go in search specifically for three children? Because you know no.
Speaker 6: I use this app call we Care, and it basically I got a babysitter, I guess. And so if somebody has a need for a babysitter or in my case, a manny, then I would come and help.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm learning a lot about companies today. What's the name of this we Care?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, great, great?
Speaker 6: Oh we Care w ee and then care? Now?
Speaker 1: How do they background check you to make sure that you're not like a crazy person, You're not gonna do anything weird to the kids.
Speaker 6: Yes, you do have to go through a background. So I did that, but I'm also like, I was a teacher support staff, so I had to do also like a background for the Arizonto Department of Safety, so I also have more. So pretty chill, pretty chill.
Speaker 1: What is it that you enjoy about working with children?
Speaker 6: I think that it's they're just like little little sponges that will play any thing, do anything, So it's everything.
Speaker 5: You could be different every day.
Speaker 1: Mmmmmmm. Do you which do you enjoy better between working with children and working with cars?
Speaker 4: I say I would say children.
Speaker 5: I want to be a principal or a superintendent.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you want to be a principal when you when you Uh, I was gonna say when you grow up, but it says here that, well, you're twenty, so you have more time. I feel like twenty I mean that makes sense for you to say I want to be that when I grow up, because there's no twenty year old principles? Is there? You know, how to be the president you have to have like a b like thirty five. Is there an age? Is there a minimum age for principal? I believe it's fine say that again. Wasn't it twenty five or is that like twenty five? You can be a principal at twenty five.
Speaker 6: I believe so as long as you finish your full years and get your bachelor's I believe.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty wild. I couldn't imagine going to the principal's office and the principal looks kind of life. He could be in your class. Yeah, what do you want to do as principal.
Speaker 6: I'm more into education or independency. So independency kind of teach you to be independent. The academics, I would kind of be more independent. I guess you could say more home x kind of course of agriculture, teaching you to do things on your own, indeed having to pay thousand dollars to go and learn it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It's true, it's true. I feel like that makes sense, you know, trying to give the children practical skills that they can use in their life, like how to cook or clean, or drive a car or do various things that you need to be you know, pay taxes. They never taught us how to pay taxes. It's crazy. Yeah, they never taught us that. And the thing we have to do well.
Speaker 6: We learned how to start, We learned how to do things, and then in high school we learned about like politics, and we learned about how to take care of ourselves, how to do our taxes.
Speaker 5: How to go.
Speaker 6: About getting a car. What's a good interest rate? What's not a good interest rate?
Speaker 1: Oh man, that sounds incredibly interesting. What was your relationship like with your principle when you were when you were in in school.
Speaker 6: For school, I was what would you call a handbook reader. So if we didn't do what the handbook said, I'm sorry. I boked the rule so that we.
Speaker 5: Could do what the handbook said.
Speaker 6: So I was I being on.
Speaker 5: The edge of the rule book. I guess you could say.
Speaker 1: You were on the edge of the rule book. You said, tell me, tell me what rule do you remember breaking the most?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, So one time, I believe it was full of my junior year, I had to dare to bring an obscene toy to school.
Speaker 5: And I was not eighteen at the moment. So I had gone to Spensers.
Speaker 6: And bought the toy in little did they know, they just sold it to me. And so my job was to get it through security on the plane, then get it to school because I had to fly to school. And so then when we got to school, they also like checked us and everything and make sure we didn't have weapons or drugs and stuff.
Speaker 5: So I had to.
Speaker 6: Also hide it inside, like around my clothes so they wouldn't notice it. And so I worked like a whole two months with it in my dorm and we would basically kind of like sow it around like a baseball around.
Speaker 1: The dorm in your dorm. Okay, all right, So you went to like some boarding school, it sounds like, right, okay, and you you were you were dared to bring a sex toy there, correct, spend I did not Spencer's Gifts sold you a sex toy when you were in high school?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was sixteen, and they told me that they didn't asked me for no ID.
Speaker 1: Really, that's crazy. They didn't ask you for any sort of idea, did they? Like, do you think they knew that you were sixteen and they just sold it to you? Anyway?
Speaker 6: I have no idea, I don't I don't even know what they thought they were thinking. They probably just found their little gay boy wanted a little fake toy, so they're going to sell it to him, make some money.
Speaker 1: You know what I get? You know, I feel like in all of your adventures with this sex toy, every adult that you come into contact with is like they just don't want to get involved. At all. They don't want to have a car. They don't want to talk to you about it. Like I, like, I wouldn't be surprised if, like the security guard did see it on you. It was just like, I'm not touching this with a ten foot poll. You know, I don't want to get involved in this situation even slightly because that's an awkward conversation to have with a stranger's child.
Speaker 6: And it was funny because to like get it onto onto campus at the airport, I took it out of my suitcase before we got picked up on the bus.
Speaker 5: At the airport.
Speaker 6: So I took it out and it was like twelve inches I think, And so I basically wrapped it around the waste of the waste of my front and so when they checked it, they didn't check that area of us. So it was just like basically wrapped around my waist and.
Speaker 1: Then you wrapped it around your waist like a belt.
Speaker 6: Uh No, I'm not fas skinny, So it was like just like the front of my Torso.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if I saw if I were like a TSA agent and I saw some kid with a dildo wrapped around his waist, I would not say anything at all. I would be like, I'm going to pretend like I did not see that and move on with my day. So I know you think you might have been slick, but there were probably just a lot of extremely uncomfortable adults who made the decision not to intervene with that. But now I feel like, Okay, so you're going to become a principal, and you know what is your style of principle? Okay, Well you said your style is going to be that you want to teach the children stuff that they know about in real life. If you were a principal, let's say, Okay, I'm gonna throw this at you. If you were a principal and you saw some kid running around the hallway with a dildo, what would you do?
Speaker 6: Oh, well, that would be happening in mine because in our hands, but we wouldn't have no we wouldn't be allowed to obsceeme object on school campus. So I would hope both kids would not do that. So that was what made me brought it, because everybody knew not to bring it.
Speaker 5: But in public school.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, well, hold on and answer the question. If you were a principal and you saw that happening. What would you do?
Speaker 6: I would laugh and stop, stop them and take it.
Speaker 1: You said, obviously you would take it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would have to take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, okay, what are you gonna do with it? Though? You know you're a kid. Just keep it in your office?
Speaker 5: No, you just you just solved the best.
Speaker 6: So hopefully he don't go dumpster diving or they don't go dumpster diving for it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. So when you said you would confront them, how would you do, Like, what would you say to them?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What would you like? I assume you would sit them down and have a some form of a serious discussion. What would that would that sound like?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I don't really know on that part because I kind of more of like a social, kind of cute person. So if they're freaking out kind of like, oh I got caught with this thing and I know I'm not supposed to be I'm going to be like, okay, give it to me here, Brenda, and then just take it and throw it away.
Speaker 5: But if it's someone who's like kind of just dared to.
Speaker 6: Kind of take it and they don't know what they're kind of doing, of course I'm going to kind of.
Speaker 5: Like talk to them and like basically tell them why it's not allowed what it is. Hopefully they wouldn't know what it is. M M.
Speaker 1: The disposal part is tricky because you would have to like you couldn't You couldn't put it in a fresh trash bin. You would have to sort of submerge it and cover it with some other trash. Because if you get caught with that, you can't be blaming it on the kid. I mean you could, but you know, then people would think that you brought a dildo to school and you're blaming it on the kids, which would.
Speaker 6: Be fucked up of you should report me and says I have it.
Speaker 1: Well listen. I hope that that doesn't happen to you, Ian, I hope that your principal career is filled with children following the rules to the t of your handbook and that it's a smooth ride for you. Breck, thank you very much for calling in. Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 6: We go, don't buy Janny pigs from pep smart.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Thank you for calling in.
Speaker 5: GOP bye bye.
Speaker 1: Ian sounded like a good person. Their phone, on the other hand, really sucked. The reason why they said that guinea pig thing is because we have a call screener who screens the calls and writes down what people want to talk about, and like, ninety five percent of the time, I'll ask them what they wanted to talk about, unless if they bring up something slightly more interesting. Ian apparently told the call screen or that he has a murderous guinea pig that uh kills every other guinea pig that his friends get. Oh oh no, okay, not that, because I was gonna ask, like, why are what's up with you? And all your friends are like guinea pig people. No, he buys this guinea pig, and he buys multiple of them, and one of them continues to kill the other guinea pigs. That's what Ian wanted to talk about when we talked about the principal thing. You know what. The guinea pig thing might have been kind of interesting, but it is lost in time now and we will never get closure on the murderous guinea pig. But to give some context to Ian's advice, I would probably ta it to heart if they tell us not to buy guinea pigs from pet smart Bunny.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I didn't know if this is real.
Speaker 1: This is uh. I have as much of a diagnosis on whether or not this is real as you do, Bunny.
Speaker 7: But well, here's the thing. All everyone everyone like, there's like four voices. They all sound the same. It's like you have two guys and then two girls, and I feel like they just call in and they just have like little prompts and everybody just, you know, just does their little thing.
Speaker 6: So I'm I'm stoked, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, You're one hundred percent right. I get fucking comments all the time of people being like all the callers sound the same, it's just some guy. This guy just has his friends call in and stuff, and it's like that that's not true. But you're right. There's like a sort of a high pitched male voice and a low pitched male voice, and everyone fits into one of those two categories. And then there's two girl voices that everyone fits into those categories. Which girl voice do you think you are of the two that are on the show?
Speaker 7: Ask you what you think I am?
Speaker 1: I don't know, And you know what, you don't need to know. You don't need to know a damn thing to be on here. Bunny. But listen, Bunny, it says here that you're twenty four years old, you're from Wisconsin. Yes, I wonder what that's like. You hate compliments. You get compliments on your appearance a lot, and you say that it actually makes you more self conscious to receive a compliment. Tell me about that.
Speaker 7: I don't know, it's just ever been since like junior high, Like whenever i'd like wear a shirt and someone would be like, oh, hey, I like your shirt, like it makes me just super self conscious, like, oh, what's wrong with my outfit? Like it in the back because my underwear sticking out, you know, like what's going on? And like still to this day, like I still have that fear, and I've tried to get over it, but I just can't. And you know, I dress kind of eccentric and I really like the way I dress and I feel really good about it until somebody, like I'm out and somebody gives me a compliment, and then I'm just like, oh, I just like want to go and change into something normal and just like not want to be seen, and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: So are we talking mainly compliments of regarding your your appearance?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Mostly in my appearance. Sometimes I'll get it about my personality and they're just lying, They're just trying to be nice. Look I don't believe them, but it's like not as severe as like the outfit compliments. And sometimes when I go into sorts, I usually get it mostly just like some strange. I like pretend I'm on the phone when I'm walking through stores, just so like I don't get people talking to me or you know.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting, Have you ever received a compliment that did not have this effect?
Speaker 7: Not from a stranger? Probably not, But like if it's from like a sister or like a really close friend, and I know that they're genuine about it, then it doesn't bug me. But from strangers, it just like drives me up the wall.
Speaker 1: M Okay, So if you receive a compliment from someone you know, like a close friend or a family member, you do not have the same thought train as when it's a stranger. Why do you think that is?
Speaker 7: Just because I know their intentions and I know that they're genuine about it, and it's not like if I did have something wrong with my outfits, then they would tell me, whereas like a stranger, it's like, oh are they trying to tell me something.
Speaker 1: So I was going to say that. I mean, I feel like, typically this is I'm gonna do some armchair therapy here. I feel like, typically this is like a self esteem thing. But you're telling me that you actually you like how you dressed. You sound to me, well, you know, at least when you were talking about the way that you present yourself, you sound to me like you like it. That there is a sort of fire of confidence within you in regards to how you dress, and your opinion of yourself sounds to be in a good place. What I mean, do you agree with that.
Speaker 7: Totally?
Speaker 1: Okay? So if your opinion of yourself seems to be in a good place, do you are you does? Does that get rattled when people, I mean, you know, confirm it and you know, say hey, you know they really do like your dress or fingernails or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: I don't know, see, like, I just like, I still feel good about my outfit, but just like, I don't know, something about getting a compliment just throws it off. And then I go home and I'm like, yeah, I do look good, I do look bomb. I'm like, why did I ever feel self conscious about somebody?
Speaker 1: Saying something right, Well, I mean the foundation of your confidence, uh should come from you, and it sounds like it does. Is that accurate?
Speaker 7: I would say you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Mm hm you have you ever talked to a real therapist about this?
Speaker 7: Not really? I probably should though.
Speaker 1: How is your confidence in general?
Speaker 7: I'm pretty good. It's gotten a lot better of the years. I do tend to be quiet and shy, but over the years I've been able to be more confident and be able to show myself except for just getting compliments that just on my outfits.
Speaker 1: That okay, now, I don't know. Now, how do you feel about insults? If somebody came up to you and they were like, your your dress looks like shit and your fingernails suck? How would that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I would love that.
Speaker 7: I want people to be more mean to me. And it's like, I think that's the problem is everybody's just so nice to me that I just want somebody to walk up and just like give me the worst and just tell me straight up what I.
Speaker 1: What's your name again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: What was it?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Bunny?
Speaker 1: Bunny? I fully empathize with you. I I people, I totally I totally get it you're making I'm sort of realizing now that I have a similar thing that you have, where like you know, people will tell me things about myself and I'll be like, ah, they're just saying that. But when people say a negative thing to me, I'm like, finally someone's telling me the fucking business. Here, Someone's telling me the truth. Okay, not everything can be positive all the time. I love it too. I'm totally with you, not alone. I love it too.
Speaker 7: And I get it because I can't be negative to other people. To show that that's what I want, I have to be so nice to them too because they're so nice to me. It's just like I just I can't handle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard. I'm always trying to let people know, like listen, if you have a genuine criticism of me, I want you to tell me, and I want people to know I can handle it. You know. I just want people to know I can have But nobody wants to wants to wants to do it. People are afraid to criticize other people because of you know whatever social Soka shows social conventions. So I mean, look, if you leave this call with anything, just you know, know, that you are. You are not alone in this very fucking weird thing that that we see him to share because I also I love I love when people tell me that, you know, some insult about uh me that is that confirms something that I was self conscious about, because I'm like, okay, I'm not funcuse that I see. Someone will be like, you know, oh, your fucking show sucks, and I'll be like, Okay, I'm not crazy here, but these thoughts that I've been having are Okay, I'm not insane in having these thoughts.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, but I honestly don't think you show so I can't see that.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm calling it. Okay, next time I'll call you and.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Well, Bunny, I think uh, I think I think you've been. You've been. I'm trying to think of a compliments that's not weird. Uh you have been nice to talk to.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, of course.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 7: Probiotics will change your life. I just started taking them this week, and I have never felt freedom like I have this week. I endorsed you probiotics please.
Speaker 1: Medical and you know what's great is you don't need to have any sort of medical background to endorse something. You can just do it. You don't even have to believe in it. You don't even have to know what it is. You can just endorse it.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful life.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling, buddy.
Speaker 7: I think you goodbye.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I like when when people are mean to me because people I'm I'm very luck, I'm very low, I'm very lucky. I'm very lucky. Most people are pretty nice to me. I'm blessed that, like the majority of people are not. I don't I never get offended by anything that I read on the internet because it's like, most people are pretty nice to me. So it's every time I see something that is me and I'm like, finally, when I was way up because I'm prepared, I'm like, it's this inevitable. You can't get too upset when someone's a dick to you because there's like seven billion, seven hundred thousand, there's like seven there's infinite people in the universe, and what they're all supposed to be nice to you? What are you nuts? Of course, of course somebody is going to be mean to you. So when it happens, I don't get upset because I'm like, all right, this was just an inevitability. This is to be expected. This is part of the process of being a human being, especially being someone who's you know, putting themselves out there. So I just accept it as part of the thing. I'm lucky that everyone is. Most people are nice to me, but it's exciting when they're not. It's a break in form. I'm grateful for every single message that I respond to them. When I can messages of people being like I love the show and you've been great, I'm like, thank you very much. But sometimes you get something that's like, you know, you're a fucking fat piece of shit and I hope that uh, and you should quit. And I'm like, finally, I've been waiting for this. It's like, uh, it's inevitable. I just want to get it over with. I just want to get the you know, you know the punch is coming. You know that people being jerks is just an inevitability of existing in society. So when it happens, I don't get upset. I'm just going through the motions. I'm driving down the road, I'm stopping at stop signs, I'm eating food, I'm sleeping, I'm brushing my teeth, and I'm getting yelled at. Occasionally it's fine, Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi?
Speaker 4: Is this John?
Speaker 5: Uh? John Carlo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, John Carlo? How you? Oh wait? Okay, so is your like your first name is John Carlo?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Call one word.
Speaker 1: I have a friend his name is John Tom and he hates when people call him John or when they call him Tom because a lot of the times he'll say, hey, my name is John Tom. People go with that's a that's a cross that I feel like both of you guys have to bear where you tell people your name and they go, what is it is that your full name? Is that your first name? What's you know? The deal? Here? Go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's so it's so annoying because all my life I've grown up and just had to accept that people will assume that my last name is Carlow and have to be like no, and it's just such a hassle. But yeah, I don't totally understand that and get it.
Speaker 1: It's the way.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: My friend he says the same thing. He's like, I hate it. People won't just accept it. It's a hassle. It's a whole thing, and you know, I I tell him, I'm like, you know, if it really bothers you that much, just go by John. And he's like, no, that's my fucking name. He got pissed off of me when I suggested that. So I respect you guys for, even in the face of such a hassle, continuing to live by your actual name, because if I were you, I would have changed or if I were you, or if I were my friend John Tom, I would have changed my name to John when I was you know, eleven. So I am not as strong.
Speaker 6: As you use this for me.
Speaker 4: I feel like I would be more upset at my mom for like choosing the name, because the creativity with their like just went downhill right after my name.
Speaker 1: Why, what's what are your brother's names?
Speaker 4: So there's me John Carlow, and there's Joseph Nicole, Bobby.
Speaker 1: Randy jose Okay, so they did They were like, Okay, we're not going to do the weird double name thing for two kids, and then they were they named their last kid Bobby Randy just for nostalgia. By the way, Bobby Randy has it way worse than you do. I mean, that is an incomprehensible to name name.
Speaker 4: It's the worst.
Speaker 1: How can I get you this evening, John car though.
Speaker 4: So my dilemma pretty much starts with the fact that my half brother recently immigrated to the United States and he is living at my aunt's house in my hometown. Unfortunately, I've been feeling a lot of pressure from all of my family members to interact and reach out and like, you know, say hi. But I'm an extremely anxious person and don't I've never been in this situation before, so I don't exactly know how I'm supposed to just drive over there and like say hi or anything.
Speaker 1: So your half brother, he recently immigrated to Let's see, where does it say you live? Where do you live?
Speaker 4: I live in Indiana?
Speaker 1: You live in Indiana and your half brother immigrated to Indiana from where.
Speaker 4: Honduras?
Speaker 1: From Honduras? And do you live with any of your other family in Indiana or not necessarily with them, but are any of them or any other of your family in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, like I'd say, like of my family live in Indiana and then the rest are split between Honduras and then North Carolina. Believe I don't live with any of my family members. I live with my roommate and my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: So I'm confused because it'd be one thing if you lived in some place and your family lived in a different place, and your half brother was coming and your family was like, hey, take care of your half brother when you're there, and you're like, I'm kind of anxious. I don't want to do that. But if your family lives there too, why don't you see your half brother alongside the rest of your family. Why don't you like plan a you know, a whole you know, dinner or something like that, or if if they care so much about entertaining and why don't they plan a dinner and invite you. What's why does it have to be your thing to take care of them.
Speaker 4: So it's a tricky situation because all of my family's on my mother's side, and as for my aunt and him there on my dad's side, and I don't really have a whole lot of family on that side except for my aunt, him and like maybe two other people.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the family that is, so the family that is related to the half brother, you do not have a lot of in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, Like I don't really have any relationship with them like at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that makes a little bit more sense. So you're the so in the eye from the perspective of your half brother, you are the only family member of his living in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Except for my brother because he my Joseph, he's also his half brother, so it's only him and I.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why don't you go visit him with your brother?
Speaker 4: We were supposed to this weekend. He ended up going to see him without me, and I was too caught up in doing something so I wasn't able to And I feel like I kind of like blew that opportunity to try to break the ice and like kind of tag team it. But now it's just where I'm kind of in the situation where I have to do it myself. So I'm extremely anxious about it.
Speaker 1: Tell me, Tell me why you're anxious about it.
Speaker 4: So it's just like a really weird new situation for me to be in, especially because they don't go out of my way to really interact or talk to too many people, so I don't know too much about what I should really do or like how I should go about it, or like what I should like invite him to do because I don't want to take him to go see a movie where we just sit in the dark for an hour hour movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm do take it? How old he twenty twenty one? Why did you take it? Do you drink? Does he drink?
Speaker 4: I don't know, honestly. I know that he's a couple months older than I am, but I really don't know anything about him or like what he's into. So I feel like drinking him could.
Speaker 1: Be kind of fit or bess, look, ask him if he wants to go to a bar, Ask him if he wants to go to a restaurant, anything like that. Although for you this doesn't feel like a like a what to do situation because we already know what to do. If the problem lies in the fact that you're just kind of anxious to do what it sounds Yeah, and so you have just a general anxiety you said about meeting other people and interact with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: When's the last time that you, well, you have a girlfriends, right, maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you have friends?
Speaker 4: I have like two friends.
Speaker 1: Did any part of you desire because there's a lot of people out there the world that they're like cool with, you know, staying inside and not talking to a lot of people and having a few friends and being comfortable and sort of living life that way. And that's a fine way to live life. Is that is that you would you describe yourself as that? Or are you you know, do you do you desire to uh heighten your social skills at all?
Speaker 4: So I used to be a very social person, but then like when the pandemic like hit, my social skills just like went down the gutter. So my friend groups have become my very close knit and ever since I got into three D printing, it's just been like my entire life. So I don't really think it interacts people.
Speaker 1: Damn three D printing. We thought it was gonna be video games. We thought it was gonna be VR porn. We thought it was gonna be the wife who bed pillows. All these are all the things that we thought we're going to keep people inside forever. But no, it was three D printing.
Speaker 4: I'm really obsessed with it, like it's like it's bad, Like, oh my lord, I spent so much time watching videos and like learning about it.
Speaker 1: John Carlo, I would you know, here's this is this is the issue that I have when I when I talk to people who have like because I can't magically bestow upon you the confidence or desire to go and hang out with your half brother. But I will say I think this is an opportunity for you to jump into the cold water and just go and and sort of in a way be forced to put yourself out there and make conversation with a new person. And maybe that could be a helpful chance for you to take.
Speaker 4: Well, if it does make you feel better. I had already like decided that if you had picked up my call, I was going to go do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Perfect weekend, Okay, good, well, I mean I.
Speaker 4: Am going to do it now. I'm just like trying to figure out what to do and how to go about the situation.
Speaker 1: Great news is this is the easy part.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: You can just go to a bar and hang out with him at the bar. Easy, peasy.
Speaker 4: I am worried that there might be a slight language barrier because I don't know if he speaks English and my Spanish just kind of shit.
Speaker 1: You know what, That'll be a fun thing for you guys to work through. All right, consider it a good challenge for you.
Speaker 4: I will think of it as a mighty challenge.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you, John. Okay, you want to keep what is John? Good luck to you John Carlow. Wow, yeah, man, go kill it. It's your cousin. Wait, no, not your cousin, your half brother. He's your half brother, so there's no way for you to really embarrass yourself in front of him, because he's also has your blood. So anything he thinks of you, he's a little bit thinking of himself as well. Half.
Speaker 4: I think it'll be funny.
Speaker 1: Thanks for Coln, John Carlo. I keep thinking, I keep thinking of your name is Juan Carlow because I've heard oh yeah, because I've never I've never met someone named John Carlo, but I've heard the name Wan Carlo a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Won Carlo is a lot more common than John Carlow. Like, it's just it's so annoying. I actually go by GC a lot of the time just to make it easier for people. And I tend to like kind of whitewash my name so that like people can say it or pronounce it a lot easier, just to make my life easier.
Speaker 1: Well, JC, have fun with your brother, right, Thank you, have a good night. Take care of boss. Yeah, let's see John Carlow. The only way sometimes to do this shit of getting confidence and put yourself out there is to just jump into the cold water. I've tried many times to get to improve my social skills, to learn how to talk to more people, and some people they like connecting with others just inherently more than other people do. And it's hard if you're not one of those people to force yourself to do it. But I feel like this whole half brother thing is a little little opportunity for John Carlow to work up with social skills in like a pretty safe environment. I mean, they have plenty to talk about. They're both of the same ilk, and it's not like he's just going up to some girl at a bar and trying to make conversation out of nothing. You know, it's a solid, solid arena for him to practice in. Hello, Lyle, Hi.
Speaker 3: Is this Lyle?
Speaker 1: This is is? It's definitely someone? What's your name? I'm Pixie, Pixie. How's it going?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm doing great, it's going good. Is this actually Lyle? I can't tell? You sound so different?
Speaker 1: I sound differ in what way? Do I sound different?
Speaker 3: You sound so different? You literally sound so different.
Speaker 1: I don't know in what way. How if you could, in any way, shape orform, describe how I sound different, how would you describe it?
Speaker 3: You sound more normal? You sound more normal.
Speaker 1: Well, now I'm offended that you ever assumed that I sounded weird.
Speaker 3: Well maybe it's like without the visual, without the get go costume. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh so, Pixie, are you Are you with somebody? It says that you're with somebody or that you wanted to talk about somebody.
Speaker 3: Yep, I got my girlfriend right here. She is in the background. Her name is Moss.
Speaker 1: Moth and Pixie. Interesting, both are the did you guys can ask? Did you guys pick those names for yourselves?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah we did. We're both trans.
Speaker 1: Now did you two both like kind of agree to uh do? Because because you both picked winged characters, I guess they're not care your winged beings.
Speaker 3: Well, her name is actually moss m o s s like the plant like that.
Speaker 8: Grows on trees.
Speaker 3: She also she also goes by moth like m O t h. She goes by that online for selling content.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Interesting. I feel like it's I'd rather be a pixie than a moth. I feel like that's a more glamorous life.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you're right. I think it is a more glamorous life. But that I think that describes us pretty well, like in comparison to each other.
Speaker 1: So, Pixie and Moth, what is it that you guys, if anything at all? What is it that you guys wanted to talk about today?
Speaker 3: Well, you were talking a lot about existentialism and whatnot, and I was resonating a lot with that because I have a really hard time like even perceiving other people perceiving me, Like I can't I can't even understand that these people have their own consciousness just like me, and that they have to figure everything out like I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's also really really hard because I don't see how half of these people are even wanting to do it because I don't want to do it most of the time. So I don't understand how Like.
Speaker 1: Slow down real quick, like, sorry, what is what is it? What is it? Just? Life?
Speaker 4: All of it?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Just the shit.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you this one thing about because you're talking about you don't understand, uh, people perceiving you and whatnot? Yeah, your life? Well, and I've just this is just my own opinion from my own experience. Uh. The I think it's important to a degree to understand that other people have perceptions and thoughts the same as you do, because it makes you more empathetic towards them. But uh, the more that you just fucking completely ignore the fact that other people have thoughts and perceptions, you'll feel a little bit better because if you're always thinking about how other people have thoughts and perceptions, do it enough that you have empathy for people, but not too much that you're self conscious about yourself all the time? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I spend a lot of time just wondering looking at people and being like, is that like an AI that I created in my brain? Or are they real? Because it's hard for me to perceive that. Like, you exist, and you have a brain right now, and you're thinking things just like I am, Like, sure, am, oh, I've never done this before.
Speaker 1: How a much I'm thinking? I am thinking horrible, horrible thoughts that I could never share with anyone else. Oh No, if anyone ever found out about the thoughts that I think they would be disgusted with me and that's why I never share them.
Speaker 3: No, I disagree. I think like that too, but I have, but I tell them. I tell people the thoughts because I want to remove the tabooists from it. Like, here's the thing I haven't trusted thoughts, And I mean this in the in the that's way possible if you can. I've thought about killing you before. And it's not that I want to. It's just like bad interessive thoughts, and that's okay. We can share them because then it'll be like, hey, hey, actually I think about that too, and then we can be like, oh, okay, cool, we're both awful people like you know.
Speaker 1: And it's thoughts. Let's say is that? Can we talk about that? I relaxed. I feel like we're totally not talking about that, but well we're talking about it in a theory, we're talking about it in thoughts. No, of course, I hate the Internet. I hate that we have to think about what we are talking about because I don't think you actually, I don't think you want to kill at all. No, I get what you're saying. I get what you're saying. Your brain, your brain does this thing, and ever anyone who doesn't under anyone who's like actively trying to not understand what we're talking about right now, is lying to themselves. But your brain does this thing sometimes where it just sort of independently of you as a real person and your own morality, your brain just goes, what's the most fucked up thing I could possibly think right now? Just recreation? Your brain just does that with awful leash. Not it's not a real thought, it's not something you have any actual uh what what is the word? Not something you have any actual whatever to like, real genuine feelings about. But your brain just goes, like for sport, I'm gonna stretch the limits. It's almost like when you're this is I don't know if this is a good analogy or not, but like when you're in the gym, uh, you're you expand by picking by you just pick up a heavier weight when you picked before, And maybe your brain does this weird thing that's like, in order to expand, I'm going to think something more fucked up than I've ever thought before in my life, just so I can. And you're and you're not you're not even an active participant in your thoughts. Sometimes you just watch, Yeah, so I get where you're coming from in a sense what I don't know if I should answer this question. What else do you think about?
Speaker 3: Always think about a lot of things. I like to propose this what I do have, Like, uh, I'm psychoactive, and I have like a BPD and o CD. And there's a name for those and they're called intrusive thoughts. And they just thoughts that like you can't control and stuff. And I think about it a lot. My therapist told me this a few years ago. Think of them like cars, like passing. Like you're sitting by a highway. All these cars is zooming, and like you don't have to stop and stare at all of them, like not at all. You don't have to go run into it. You can just like watch them pass because you have no control over it. And I think I think that makes it a lot.
Speaker 8: Easier to understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, we did it, we got.
Speaker 3: Through that psychotic. I'm not psychotic. Psychoactive is like a trait of like depression. But I don't sorry, I'm reading the chat. No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: What's the pixie? Pixie, don't pixie, don't read, don't read the stupid chat. Don't No, I know, I know I know. I'm just I'm upset at you that you're reading.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Low, don't do it. Okay, well, okay, we're done. Okay, all right, done, completely right. How did you and moth me?
Speaker 3: You won't believe this. We met don't know megl We met don't know Meg.
Speaker 1: Megal and then you guys both are in the same How are you guys both in the same room. I feel like you're meeting matching people. Yeah, no random places.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's a story. We were both we don't even use the megal and we both we're on there and we found out like to find other people our age, like eighteen nineteen, we're both eighteen. Uh, we had to go on like the TikTok chat to find like cool people that are like us. I guess I don't know, just like but a lot of people will know suck. So I was about to get off anyways, but I saw her on there and she was dancing in her room, and I was like, I gotta get her number. So I literally asked and she was like yeah, and then we started talking, and two weeks later I bought her a plane ticket to come see me for Christmas. Which was a really dumb idea in hindsight, like why would you do that? But it worked out great, and it's great, it worked out perfectly.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad to hear the things. Uh what what is Moth saying?
Speaker 3: She said, I was looking at the chat, but I wasn't.
Speaker 1: You don't have the check you know what. Well, listen, Pixie Moth, thank you guys for sharing about the intrusive thoughts, and she was, the thoughts thing is a weird thing. Yeah, we're definitely gonna have to censor. Uh, we're neverthing that a censor part of that, but yes, intrusive thoughts thing is a weird It's a weird thing that I think happens to everyone that we just don't talk about because it's too fucked up to talk about. I've always expressed this. I feel like like thoughts and feelings are like kind of fair. You can think and feel anything at all in the realm of whatever, and I don't think that it taints your your soul or your morality or anything like that. I think it's when the thoughts become, you know, more than just thoughts, is when it's when things start to get tricky. But just the thoughts there. That's that's when they're in a realm of like, Okay, maybe we should do something about this. But the intrusive thoughts, I mean that that's not real. You know, that's just your brain. That's just your brain off a leash, going crazy for sport. You know. I'm glad you have a real therapist to talk about with this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, But I don't think I said that.
Speaker 1: No you did?
Speaker 3: Oh I did? Oh yeah, no I did. Yeah, you're right, you don't.
Speaker 1: Want your therapist was telling you. I like what I like what they said with the cars.
Speaker 3: I like that, Yeah, the cars, the cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Pixie, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, I I think that there's something else. I don't know if the the person wrote it down the screener that. I don't know if you'd be interested to talk about related in like pirates and goblins? Did you see that on there?
Speaker 1: Uh? I did? What did? What did? Uh? What did you want to talk about in terms of goblins?
Speaker 3: Well, m this is a complete flip a whole one eighty. But we we really like to role play like goblins and pirates bed and that's like our favorite thing, like number one turn on And I guess that's like kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Who is the pirate and who is the goblin? Or do you guys take.
Speaker 3: Turns no One at a time, like like we do pirates and then we do goblins. Like we're both pirates and we're both Scotlins.
Speaker 1: What is it that turns you on about pirates like.
Speaker 3: Our I don't.
Speaker 8: Know, like our it's like your level of aggressiveness and like uh oh okay, hello. It's like there's like there are kind of different things. Like with goblins, it's like this animalistic like mischievous nature that makes it fun. But with pirates, the pirates are a new thing. Like we kind of just go our yeah, and then and then it escalates them and then we like make those kinds of noises. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. No oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I I just uh, you know, it's it's a pleasure talking to you guys, because yeah, it's great to know that this big, beautiful world's got something for everyone. You know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's something for everybody.
Speaker 1: Something for everybody. Uh see, that's you know, in terms of the things that people you know, have going on they don't talk about. There's a there's probably five hundred people and maybe more on the podcast, uh that will listen to this, And one of those motherfuckers wants to fuck a pirate or a goblin, and they're like and and they probably it's like one of the most shameful things and to them in their brain and they have no idea that there's other human beings out there that want to fuck pirates and goblins. And so you've you've comforted that with that. So thank you for your openness, Pixie and Moth, and I hope you both have a great rest of the day.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's good to know the other people out there share experiences and stuff, and thank you for talking to us.
Speaker 2: We appreciate a good night.
Speaker 6: Guess hello you not night?
Speaker 1: All right, Brandon, we're gonna censor the word. We're gonna censor the word, Brandon, Okay, and then and then in the post this can be part of the post call. You can even censor the word when I say, you can censor the word when I say to censor it. Just now you can include this part. Yeah, I have intrusive thoughts of course, everyone I have, everyone has intrusive thoughts. There's nobody in the world. Then you're just fucking lying. There's nobody in the world that puts every single maybe there, maybe there is, I'm not gonna I don't know anything for sure, but there's very few people in the world who put every single thing out there on the table. Oh practically no one. Why would you? And we all have crazy thoughts because of our brains. I think the danger is when those crazy thoughts manifest themselves to things that are not just thoughts.
Speaker 7: But that.
Speaker 1: Is a thought process, breakdown, whatever have you for. A person who is a real therapist and not a gecko.
Speaker 8: Really goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Demon goes to his d just teaching you cloud in the memory life, but he's not really an expert.