Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Kyle Brandt, a native of Chicago, massive news for the Bears.
Speaker 3: In the future of Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: It takes a lot to have an interior lineman trade to a losing team and all of us be.
Speaker 3: Like, whoa yeah, and that is just that.
Speaker 4: First of all, the Chiefs fans, they just saw that homes running for his life in the Super Bowl. They couldn't protect him. Now they lose one of their best line. But this is a Bear story. Joe Toney in regard as one of the best overall offensive linemen the entire league. This is Ben Johnson, This is Ryan Poles. And you know it's funny you mentioned Caleb, and of course it is about Caleb.
Speaker 3: Ben Johnson is going to run the ball. Look at the Lions offense.
Speaker 4: The last two years they run and they had an awesome offensive line.
Speaker 3: I love this move it is. It feels like old fashioned Bears. They're not done with that running game. Either.
Speaker 4: They're going to add I think a big name running back in free agency or the draft. They will have at least two guys carrying the ball. And Joe tone you will be blocking form. It's a great day for the Bears.
Speaker 3: We've been waiting for Bejon Robinson in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: And it's a little unfair because let me explain myself, and that's why I have the plus.
Speaker 3: Jam I'm gonna put you on the spot.
Speaker 4: How many rushing yards you think John Robinson had last year?
Speaker 3: What do you think? I appear. I don't think it's very exciting.
Speaker 2: I think it's like seven hundred something.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm glad you said that John Robinson at fourteen hundred yards. Oh what, Sorry, that's perfect, Jamie. Sorry, I think it was if it's possible at quiet fourteen hundred yards. It's a team that wasn't nationally exposed very much in the second half of the season. They kind of fell apart and Bijon went to work a lot of carries, a lot of yards, and yet I.
Speaker 3: Still don't look us up to this potential.
Speaker 4: B Jon Robinson has eighteen hundred yard potential and that's what I'm waiting for. And I look at him, it's like we look for years. We're still looking at his teammate Kyle Pitts, and like Pitts.
Speaker 3: Should redefine the position. He should take over the league.
Speaker 4: He should be the number one player on the top one hundred. And he's a nice player and he's working hard at getting better. But if there's that potential there and Jamie I could not have said it more perfectly. I google how many yards of the Beasi and Robinson.
Speaker 3: Offs yere, I'm like, what the hell is this right? This is possibly right?
Speaker 4: Fourteen fifty six and then another four hundred plus receiving. He had a monster statistical year. And yet if you don't agree, they're gonna put this out on social media. What are you talking about? The Falcons fans It doesn't know ball. I do, and I see him play it and he can do even better. Bijon Plus this year, Miles Garrett has given them eight incredible years.
Speaker 3: Eight years.
Speaker 4: He's been amazing. They haven't done squat in that time. They've accomplished really anything. He made the playoffs with Joe Flacco. You know what's wrong with Myles?
Speaker 3: Hold on? I second, what's wrong with them? Saying?
Speaker 4: All right, Miles was great, we loved him. There's a chance that he only has another year or two left of elite play it.
Speaker 3: Why not trade him right now?
Speaker 4: When the stock is this high and then just screwtch go full on rebuild.
Speaker 3: Is that what's wrong with them? I like Max doing it. I like Max picking up for the Raiders because I like on the Raiders. I don't see Rogers going to the Raiders. Looks, haven't we seen this movie before?
Speaker 4: You go to an AFC team that has struggled for a long time to find a quarterback who's hungry, who has some nice weapons, and they have some money to spend.
Speaker 3: We just saw this two years ago.
Speaker 4: The Raiders have a lot of the same stink on them that the Jets have had.
Speaker 3: This is not some perennial winner. This is not a team that is in the playoffs every year. It's Roger.
Speaker 4: If you're Rogers, you're not going for one final season twenty one so you can go six and eleven to get your head.
Speaker 3: Kicked in as a Raider at the end of the season. That's not what it's about.
Speaker 4: And that's why personally, I think Rodgers is really interested in the Rams because Rams are the opt right.
Speaker 3: Rams are going places. Never mind the LA thing.
Speaker 4: Just the Rams are very good, and they're good every single year.
Speaker 3: Not to mention you think Rogers wants to jump into the AFC.
Speaker 4: West and like go against Mahomes and lose to him and all the things they have gone. I just it doesn't seem like if you're planning like one final like sweetheart year at the end of a Hall of Fame career.
Speaker 3: This sounds terrible. I really do think it does.
Speaker 4: Not to mention, and I said this before, and I'm trying to be a diplomatic here, I don't think Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are best friends, and I don't think they hate each other. I just don't think that they're boys. That's my intuition, and that's a little bit of my insight that I know for a fact not only not best friends. Rogers is not Darnold, he is a god. He is a legend. Brady is a god.
Speaker 3: He's a legend.
Speaker 4: There's egos involved, there's legacies involved, and there's things involved where I don't know if Aaron Rodgers wants to be Tom Brady's little project as a new owner. There's something going on there big picture that I don't think would go well for number eight in the Jets right there, number twelve for the Raiders. There's everything about it that to not like a couple things to like, Sure we love Pete Carroll, who knows if that'll work.
Speaker 3: Sure we love some of the talent I can't ever see. You're in Rogers Corner.
Speaker 4: You're like, you know, you should do Man for your last year. Let's go to the Raiders because they're always good. Like it sounds like like one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas.
Speaker 3: I don't like it at all.
Speaker 4: Chris Paul was going to be traded to the Laker years ago, and David starring the Late David was like, no, no, no, no, no, that's what we got. We got these other teams that are trying to win too. If you just if you like if you were in the NFC East, or you're a quarterback and you wake up in the morning and you see en rap.
Speaker 3: Sheet, like, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Yeh, you're telling me Miles Garrett on the Eagles, Now, how is the yeah, yeah, sweat and all those guys. I'm with you a lot on this.
Speaker 3: Cody is that. I think it's funny. I'm listening to rap sheet and he's saying, I'm.
Speaker 4: Told that the Eagles we reward our best players. Was a sound bite. And that's like the Eagles are just putting that out there. They're like on a mega mo. Yeah, we reward our best players like that is smart, smart business to let everyone know we pay our guys. Understand that if you were to come here and you do great things, we'll pay you and your team won't.
Speaker 3: And you know it.
Speaker 4: Howie Roseman had a hell of a SoundBite. You guys probably saw it. And I think he was talking to Todd McShay and he was talking about winning his first super Bowl winning his.
Speaker 3: Second super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna like slip a disc trying to clean this up. So he basically said some morning. So I'm not going to say what he said, but the GM of the Eagle said, when you win your super Bowl, it's like your first time and you're just happy to be there. It's incredible, I did it. But when you win your second one, you're like, wow, it's much more enjoyable.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody catch my drift tomorrow. You look totally lost. Yeah, first time.
Speaker 4: I just think though that like after the second time, someone might be like, whatever, this is easy now.
Speaker 3: Not him. How He's like, no, I'm going to get right to work on the third time. You see what I'm saying. That's smart. And by the way, how are you dog? I have no idea where that came from.
Speaker 4: The second he could be sitting here right now smoking cigars, kind of mailing in the combine.
Speaker 3: How is it made?
Speaker 4: Guy's got two Super Bowl rings, everybody loves him, got.
Speaker 3: A huge roster.
Speaker 4: I love that he's like, not enough, not enough, get more. Pay this guy.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible way to approach things.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people take a psychological victory lap, and that's why you don't see a lot of back to back champions.
Speaker 3: They're getting ready to work on this. But here's what's farce. These people are like Saquon and the Eagles. They're changing the running back industry. They're back. Everyone's gonna get paid. No, they're not.
Speaker 4: If you have Saquon, you get paid. As long as you run for two thousand yards and win the Super Bowl, you'll get paid. And I think exhibit A is in the AFC East and James Cook with the Buffalo Bills, who is sitting there and being like, hello, hello, Sos. I'm a homegrown guy that you drafted. I've been here three years. I made two Pro Bowls. He's on Twitter. Everything it is an emoji, everything is hello this. This is the second best player on their team. I think by the end of that season, behind out he was amazing. And it's like, if you don't pay James Cook, who are you gonna pay when he's done everything perfectly right.
Speaker 3: He's your guy, You found him, you raised him.
Speaker 4: Now and they won't do it, or maybe they I won't do it yet. But don't assume because Saquon got paid that this flimsy storyline of running backs are back and now they're gonna all get paid again. If you're Saquan, you'll get paid. But apparently for James Cook, who tied for the NFL leading touchdowns, and that's a crazy play right there.
Speaker 3: That's him trying to get to the ATM. And then there's inteful pass. How can I take about sixty bucks? No, thirty one? It's like that's him reaching for the.
Speaker 4: Money and it's just getting away from him. It's not most intimidating player, it's most intimidating figure. And it's this guy right here, Jeff Stoutland Stoutland University Eagles.
Speaker 3: O line coach.
Speaker 4: Because when that guy at Matt scientist lines his guys up. He's like, listen, if I want to, I could run quarterbacks, sneak on first and ten.
Speaker 3: We can do it thirty times in a row.
Speaker 4: You won't stop it, you know, you know in Timidy and I am that my greatest creation.
Speaker 3: For my alignment.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna lose the Hall of Fame center sitting right there. I'm still gonna do it the next year. And my invention and my musculature is so intimidating that when Kyle's away in vacation last week, there's this big news story that someone wants to ban the tush push because they're too cowardly.
Speaker 3: To be able to stop.
Speaker 4: I'm on vacation last week and I'm reading that story about banned the tush push and I'm throwing my phone.
Speaker 3: I'm so mad about it.
Speaker 4: It is so soft, it is so beta, it is so weak to do that. It strikes me as you're playing your friend and Matt and you found the plate. They can't stop either cross flats or weak flood or angle, and he's just stop promning that, stop prouning that, stop it, stop it. Then I finally he just pulls his controller out and turns the power off because they can't stop it. I hate that whole story about stopping it. Soft weak cowards everything. They invented something that you can't stop that's perfectly legal. Don't tell me it's dangerous. I've heard Kelsey talk about it himself. A conventional run play up the middle is more dangerous than that.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me it's not football. I remember Princeton Rutgers two hundred years ago. Is we push you push?
Speaker 4: It's the very essence of how this game was invented. Don't ever ban it. And I hope they run it fifty times down somebody's throat.
Speaker 3: And maybe I hope it's the Packers. I love it.
Speaker 4: Jeff Stotlin, keep doing that thing, just dunking on them.
Speaker 3: I hate that story.
Speaker 2: Can I interest you in the Bosa brothers being in the Bay Area?
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on that? When he and Rappaport said that.
Speaker 4: It just reminded me of the Paul brothers finally being in the ring together. Like it's just it's fine, it's absolutely perfect. Honestly, it's really really cool. Above and beyond obviously just the fact that they're brothers and we would all freak out about it. I mean, Joey Bosa, this is hugely significant that this happened.
Speaker 3: Joey Bosa is one of the greatest Chargers ever. I mean, he is a.
Speaker 4: Fantastic, fantastic player, and if San Francisco were to somehow add him, it amounts to so much more than just a novelty of two brothers.
Speaker 3: It's an unbelievable pass rush, and we were at this place as a show.
Speaker 4: I think with San Francisco about I don't know, where are you guys right now?
Speaker 3: It's a little strange. What is the plan? Are you just going to be one of these midlean teams next year?
Speaker 4: You never look at San Francisco like that. They're too well coached. They have too many good players, So you pay attention when a player that good goes to a team that has had that much success. The Chargers had to do it for money, and Harbaugh has a whole thing he's doing there. I get it, it's fine. I'm much more intrigued about where he lands because we showed Khalil Mack there. Think about what Khalil Mack has done in his second and third stop. Sometimes these pass rushers land somewhere and just take off. Plus, Like Frankly, it'd be absolutely incredible to have Jay Bosa and En Bosa on the same team on the same pass rules. So it's an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan. Actually, the expectations are low. There's a new coach, there's a new future, and what are the Cowboys need to do? Guys, I'm going to really impress you here. This is a twenty dollar bill. This is my per diem I get from the network. Okay, the Cowboys have literally millions of these. What you want to do is you want to take them, hand them to young athletes in exchange.
Speaker 3: For goods and services.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't burn it, invest it, spend it.
Speaker 3: For the love of.
Speaker 4: God, you can't take it with you, Jerry, we know what happened last year. They were the lowest spenders in free agency by far. They had barely half of what the next lowest spenders did. They just sat there and they hoarded it all, and then they had a terrible season and extended their streak of not even making it to a title game. Let's look at the history though. You think this is the year free agents, let's go. Let's let me make splashes. In the last fifteen years. Fifteen years, the Dallas Cowboys have signed one free agent who made a Pro Bowl. That free agent was Brian Anger. Guys, he plays punter.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Fifteen years Pro Bowl free agent punter. This is in the now post Saquon era, in which their arch rival just won the Super signed a free agent two thousand and seven. Then you have to go back to Leonard Davis as a free agent. You want to look in for a free agent home run. He played four of his seven contract years and he's a guard before now you have to go to Tarry Loans and guys. That's like, I'm just getting out of college at this point. This is how long we're talking about it. As we see these fans who just watch the damn Eagles win the Super Bowl and the Commanders have a dream season.
Speaker 3: Jerry, let's go.
Speaker 4: He has told this show that he said in his Jerry Charms that my hand doesn't cramp.
Speaker 3: Up when I write checks. Well, maybe we should check out.
Speaker 4: I think maybe Jerry might need some elector lights or like some bananas or something like that, because the hand is cramping and if you didn't do it last year, and you haven't signed a Pro Bowl free agent since a punter? What are we waiting for? The Cowboys? Are this elderly person in your life? Do you know one who they're They're terrified to spend any money and they don't even want to go out and buy.
Speaker 3: A sandwich, let alone, go on a vacation. You're like, you've saved your whole life. We checked the finances. You're good, You're comfortable.
Speaker 4: No, I just I think I should just say here and set on my couch and watch reruns Cowboys get out there live. The wide receiver says, I can't do it alone, and he's right, go fight fire with fire. And I can't believe that. To tell the Dallas Cowboys America's team, spend some money, Go treat yourself.
Speaker 3: You've earned it. It will work, Give it a try.
Speaker 2: What has you most intrigued right now? As we enter into the wild wild West of guys that are about to get paid and on different teams.
Speaker 3: The quarterbacks, I have no idea where the hell they're going. This is going to be so fun. Buckle up. This is not a quarterback carousel.
Speaker 4: This is a vomit comment like this crazy carnival ride where people are puke and funnel cakes on the side. I don't get how it's gonna happen. Here's why I look at this this draft. It doesn't have a ton of great quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I look at that as fun.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be wild because of the scarcity and because of the desperation.
Speaker 3: It's like people showing up in the eighties.
Speaker 4: To buy cabbage pass because with baseball bat so they get hit other people trying to take them. You need to get your quarterback, and there aren't that many. This saint the twenty twenty four draft. Just go with me through the first seven picks of the draft. Tennessee needs one, Cleveland needs one, The Giants need one, the Pats and Jags don't.
Speaker 3: The Raiders need one, the Jets need one.
Speaker 4: I have five teams in the top seven who I think need a franchise quarterback. So the way it's supposed to work, and this is such perversely disgusting for me, but you're supposed to get a quarterback if you have a crappy season. You sucked, you got destroyed, the fans got mad, people got fired. But it's okay because you're gonna get a franchise quarterback, and if you show up last year, take your pick. Take Jaden, take Caleb, take Drake, take two of them if you want.
Speaker 3: We have so many. We got some in the back for you. Now it's like, all right, cam Ward's gonna go early. He's gone. Let's say Schadur jumps up and goes early. That's two. I just said, there's five teams that need quarterbacks. So then you go, all right. Free agents, I'm not crazy about Sam Donald.
Speaker 4: I don't want all right. So if you know not, like, do you want Russell Wilson? Do you want to go into Aaron Rodgers? Do you want James? Do you want any of them? You have to pick one.
Speaker 3: No, there's no either from the draft or free agency. You can't say nobody.
Speaker 4: Those are going to be starting quarterbacks next year. It is so different from last year. And I think it's gonna be volatile, aggressive. There's gonna be some backstabbing. People need their quarterbacks. It's like depriving them of water. If you deprive people of water, it's gonna get nuts.
Speaker 3: And here we are.
Speaker 4: It is not a carousel, it's a vomit commet and we're sub fifty days free agency frenzy.
Speaker 3: I call it Jamie. This friends is gonna be insane.
Speaker 4: People are gonna get hurt feelings, maybe hurt eye sockets.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be punches thrown. Get Ready.
Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with I heart Radio. For more iHeartRadio pods, go to the iHeartRadio app, go to Apple, go anywhere you like, it'll be there.