Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church, and this is our podcast.
Speaker 1: I wanted to thank you for joining us today. Hope this inspires you. Hope it builds your faith.
Speaker 2: Hope it gives your perspective to see God is moving in your life.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the message.
Speaker 3: I'm standing on the promises of Christ, my King. I'm standing on the promises of God. How about you?
Speaker 1: How about you? The storm came, but.
Speaker 3: My house stood because it was built on the rock.
Speaker 4: And I come to the end of this year saying thank you Lord.
Speaker 3: I could complain, but I won't.
Speaker 1: Thank you Lord. I could be afraid, but I refuse.
Speaker 5: I refused the spirit of fear.
Speaker 3: I have faith.
Speaker 4: Hi, run.
Speaker 1: In God.
Speaker 4: Wow. Kind of caught me off guard, right there. Now, a little praise service. It is good, in fitting for the upright.
Speaker 1: To praise him.
Speaker 4: It is appropriate for you to praise him.
Speaker 1: It's appropriate for you to praise him. Grab a hand next to you. Would you repeat after me?
Speaker 4: Father, I pray for the person on my right and on my left. Bless them today, Bless them so good that it makes every curse irrelevant. In the name of Jesus. Bless them so good that they have faith and confidence for whatever they're facing. Jehovah, Jirah, meet their need. Jehovah Nissi fight their battle. Jehovah Shahlom be there peace. Thank you Jesus. Amen, Amen, Amen again clapped us as in the house.
Speaker 1: It's offering weekend. I have a break giving sernon prepared for you.
Speaker 4: Today, and today you're gonna help me preach in just a few moments.
Speaker 1: Those who are here physically and those who are online are going to be bringing their offering. And whether you're doing that online or whether you're doing that in person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first fruits belong to the Lord.
Speaker 1: We are stewards, not owners of anything.
Speaker 4: I have my offering ready as I have prepared this offering for every twenty years. I never prepared the offering and God didn't tell me to bump the number up a little bit. I didn't tell Holly yet, but that happened again this morning. There are two checks in this envelope. Man, I'll talk to you about it later. There was the one that I planned and then the one that God spoke.
Speaker 1: You know, God will speak to you.
Speaker 4: I have never asked anyone in this church to give a specific amount of money. I just told you to ask God and do what he tells you. And that's what I'd like to talk to you about for a few moments today, remain standing and turning your Bible to John chapter two. I need to be a little bit quicker today, So y'all listen fast. We're going to have bonus worship at the end. You picked a great day to come today. These people are going to help me preach God's word. What a privilege it is. In John chapter two, the Bible says, on the third day, a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus's mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
Speaker 1: When the wine was gone, Jesus's mother said to him, they have no more.
Speaker 4: Wine, woman, Why do you involve me Jesus for great mother's day?
Speaker 1: Verse Hall, you might want to preach that my hour has not yet come.
Speaker 4: And his mother said to the servants, do whatever he tells you. Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons Jesus said to the servants, fill the jars with water.
Speaker 1: So they filled them to the brim. Then he told them.
Speaker 4: Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.
Speaker 1: They did so, and.
Speaker 4: The master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine.
Speaker 1: He did not realize.
Speaker 4: Where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water new. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, everyone brings out the choice wine first, and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink. Look at this verse for the end of our year. But you have say the best till now. What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory and his disciples believed in him. I read you eleven verses just for the sake of reading you one. Go back to verse five, and I'll give you my message today. His mother said, to the servants, do whatever he tells you. Do whatever he tells you. I want to use as a subject today for this sermon. Mary's prayer. Mary's prayer.
Speaker 1: Father, I ask now that you would answer this prayer.
Speaker 4: Speak to your people give them courage to obey in the name of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Amen, you may be seated.
Speaker 4: That's not exactly a Christmas scripture I read you, but it features the main character of Christmas, so it counts Mary. And Mary, the Mother of Jesus, was, in many ways, you could say, the initiator of the first miracle that he did. Let's give it up for Mary. Everybody clap those hands and thank God for Mary. Now we don't pray to Mary. We pray to God the Father through Jesus. But Mary's prayer is what I want to talk to you about today.
Speaker 1: Not to hail Mary or anything like that, but I want to talk to you about Mary's prayer today.
Speaker 4: In order to illustrate this, I want to tell you two unusual things that happened to me this week. Now, I not only study the scriptures, but I study my life, and I think that sometimes God preaches through ordinary events. One thing that happened to me this week that was kind of unusual. The Lord prompted in my heart to give a specific amount of money to a church that is just getting started, a brand new church. I know what that feels like. And I saw the budget for their launch of their church. And I know the pastor pretty well, and I knew how hard it was going to be to transport all of the families that are going to start and all of that, and I said, you know what, I want our church to help their church, because when you're starting out, every little bit matters. And so what we did we sent ten percent of their entire budget from our church to help them start their church this week.
Speaker 1: Now we do that all the time. Millions of dollars go out through this ministry. There are pastor after pastor after pastor.
Speaker 4: Who would stand on this stage and tell you thank you for your faithfulness and your generosity.
Speaker 1: But what made this one unusual was.
Speaker 4: I got a text from the pastor after I told him the gift was on the way, because I wanted him to know. I wanted to know he could count on us, and I thought that might help him sleep better at night if he knew he was just at least moving towards the goal. And I sent him the number and he text back and said, this is insane.
Speaker 1: You are not going to believe this.
Speaker 4: And he sent me a voice memo that he had sent me back in March.
Speaker 1: Now it's December so back in March, he had sent.
Speaker 4: Me a voice memo, and on the voice memo, I listened to it again and I checked the date in the timestamp. And this was before he knew he was starting a church. This was before, definitely before we decided.
Speaker 1: To give him any money.
Speaker 4: And he had left me a voice memo saying, I had the craziest dream. I dreamed that you gave me the exact It was the exact amount of money that we did give him.
Speaker 1: And I didn't remember the voice memo, and.
Speaker 4: Maybe he like did a mind game on me and planted that, like maybe it was inception, maybe he's.
Speaker 1: Just that smart.
Speaker 4: But even so, I thought it was crazy. It was the exact amount, and it wasn't a round number. You're like, it was probably like twenty thousand dollars or fifty thousand. No, it was fifty five thousand dollars. So who just why fifty five? Why did he dream fifty five in March? Unless he's the biggest manipulator of all time. I think sometimes God will prompt your heart in order to provide for somebody in a way that you can't predict.
Speaker 1: And I'll give you the second story.
Speaker 4: The second story is not quite as dramatic, but it's still kind of cool. I was on a date night with Holly over at Lomma's the other week.
Speaker 1: We ordered the mozzarella. We ate the appetizer.
Speaker 4: The warm mozzarella is very, very worthwhile for all of the calorie counters. You definitely should spend some now between the appetizer and the main course. I got up just for a quick bathroom break, and on my way back from the bathroom, I don't know what told me to do it, but something was like check Graham location. I knew where Abby was, I knew where Elijah was, but it was like, check on Graham, where's Graham at tonight? Not because I don't trust him, I was just curious. So I pulled up on my phone checked his location. He was at a Mexican restaurant just right next door. So I told Holly, I'll be right back. I'm gonna go see Graham real quick. I'm gonna surprise him.
Speaker 1: And it worked out so great because.
Speaker 4: I saw through the window as I was walking by this neon yellow beanie that he wears, so I knew it was him.
Speaker 1: So I sneak around. There's five guys sitting.
Speaker 4: At the booth, and I just popped my head right over the booth and I say, what's up? And his face looked like like I had been off at war for a year and he gotn't seen me, and he's like, what are you doing here? I'm like, I'm on a date with Mom, just st the mozzarella.
Speaker 1: Want to come check on you? Saw you on the phone. How'd you know I was here? I checked you on the phone. Don't you ever forget I can find you anywhere.
Speaker 4: But then just something prompted me as I was leaving the restaurant.
Speaker 1: And it's a small thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's huge, but it was just like, hey, hey, for their meal, and I had some cash, so I said.
Speaker 1: Have y'all paid yet? They had already eaten. I said, have y'all paid yet?
Speaker 4: After I adapted everybody up, have y'all paid yet?
Speaker 1: No, sir, and I just put.
Speaker 4: The money down on the table, probably twice as much as they needed, and said, here you go, love.
Speaker 1: You see and going back to see Mom, I walked out.
Speaker 4: I came back home later and I'm gonna let him tell you the rest of the story. Come on up here, son, y'all give it up for Graham. Now, this is kind of crazy. This is kind of crazy. See what you think, he fan, But to me, this was kind of crazy. Grab that mic and tell them. When I got home, I said, what did you think when I popped up at the restaurant. He said it was crazy. I said, you didn't expect me. And then you said, no, there's even more to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The reason why it was so crazy is because I guess probably won't even believe it. But when we were there at the restaurant, you can ask Evan. We were talking about generosity and one of my friends was talking about how one of his favorite things that he's been preaching about telling people about his generosity, and it just sparked that conversation. We were talking about how if you don't if you're not generous, if you don't trust God with your money, what you're really saying is that and we said this, Exactly we were saying is that you don't view God as a father because everyone knows that a father provides for his children. And so as we're saying that, we have that whole conversation and then we wait a little bit, and then a couple of minutes later, we just see a head top above the booth and we were tapping him up. It was crazy. And then he puts the money on the table and he walked away, and we kind of paused for a second. We were like, when we're just talking about a father providing for his children, and so we just thought it was really cool that we got an in real life illustration of how a father provides for his children.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm a good good father. Who you are? That's who I am? Who were the Jeane Jacket better vote on line? I thought that was crazy. I thought that was crazy.
Speaker 4: Actually going into our Giving weekend, in just a few moments, thousands of people all over this church are going to come forward and make a declaration.
Speaker 1: I have a father. He's faithful, he cares for me, he provides for me. I just want to remind you for two seconds.
Speaker 4: Or maybe like twenty five minutes, two things about God. One is God provides for you, and the second is God prompts you. God provides for you, and God prompts for you. God prompts you. God provides for you, and God prompts you, so you may be surprised where God provides for you and how God provides for you. He might pop up at a Mexican restaurant. Next time, he might do it at a Chinese buffet. He could do it anywhere. Tell somebody he could do it anywhere. And now look at your other neighbor. You've ignored every time I've said, touch your neighbor today and tell him. He can do it through anyone.
Speaker 1: You don't believe me.
Speaker 4: God prompted Elijah in the Bible to go to the brook and prompted a bird to bring him bread. God can do it anywhere. He can do it through anyone. A bird isn't even a person. And God is my provider. I want to build your faith a little bit today. Just say it out loud. God is my provider. Say God provides for me. He's a good father. He provides for me. He provides for me in the strangest of places. If it takes him bringing water from a rock in the wilderness, God provides for me. If it takes him sending a shepherd with a stone to bring down a giant because the whole army is too afraid, God provides for me. If it takes him using a stick over a red sea to make a way for me to my freedom. God provides for me. Put it in the chat for me. God provides for me. If it starts with a little bit of oil and I borrow a few jars, the capacity will never be on God. The capacity will be on me because God provides for me. You're saying, is this prosperity theology. No, this is just gospel belief, faith in a God who gave his son for me. How should he who gave his son not also freely give us all things.
Speaker 1: God provides for me. He meets my needs.
Speaker 4: He opens doors for me, He closes doors for me. He brings people into my life. He shows people out of my life. He yanks stuff out, he plants stuff in, He waters stuff, he calls forth stuff.
Speaker 1: God provides for me.
Speaker 4: I'll know who is for But you got a lot of needs at the end of this year. But your needs are not greater than Jehovah Nissi.
Speaker 1: God provides for me. Shout it out loud. God provides for me.
Speaker 4: Now we're used to sermons about God providing for us in the wilderness, that is the drastic, dramatic situations in our life. But here we find the first demonstration of the provision of Jesus in the Gospels is not in the wilderness, but at a wedding.
Speaker 1: He can do it anywhere.
Speaker 4: He can bless you just as good in the high times as the low times. The Bible says that they were at a wedding and the wine ran out, but Jesus was on the scene. And you'll notice that Mary prompts Jesus to do.
Speaker 1: Something about it.
Speaker 4: She doesn't exactly pray to him, She just makes him aware of the situation. Have you ever just made God aware of a situation? Like?
Speaker 1: God, you see how they're treating me right.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying you should smite them or anything like that or give them a hernia, But God, you see how they're treating me.
Speaker 1: Right. I'm not telling you to give them a flat tire.
Speaker 4: But you see how they just cut me off right? And you saw it and flip I'm off right. God, I'm not trying to give you any ideas. But Mary says to Jesus they have no more wine, and he says, woe, and why do you involve me?
Speaker 1: My hour has not yet come. But the Bible says in verse five that his.
Speaker 4: Mother watched this interesting strategy, said to the servants, do whatever he tells you. Now she's talking to Jesus. They have no more wine. Jesus talks to her. That has nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with me. She turns away from Jesus to the servants.
Speaker 3: And says, do whatever he tells you.
Speaker 1: God provides.
Speaker 4: So if God provides, why didn't Jesus say yes when she asked him the first time?
Speaker 1: So here's what I think about it.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of times in my life recognizing that God is my provider and that he is my father.
Speaker 1: I mean, you heard Grandma here, I'm his father.
Speaker 4: When I showed up with my head over the booth, he didn't know what blessings I brought.
Speaker 1: With me, but I was happy to do it.
Speaker 4: Yet, isn't it true that sometimes you treat God more like your phone.
Speaker 1: Than your father. I hope y'all got all your shout.
Speaker 4: And done before I got to this point, because I realized that many of us.
Speaker 1: Treat God like chat gpt on our phone.
Speaker 4: And when we say I sought the Lord and he heard and he answered, what we mean is I told God what he needed to do for me, and he did it.
Speaker 1: And so we end up.
Speaker 4: How many of you use chat GPT regularly and you out of shame to admit it. But you would never use it in a class. You would never use it illicitly. You would never use it to prepare a sermon. I would never do that, but I might ask chat GPT, Hey, what's the weather going to be like in Charlotte tomorrow?
Speaker 1: You know, oh, it's going to be cold tomorrow. It's going to be real. How cold? Give it to me in degrees not celsius fahrenheit.
Speaker 4: I heard of one student, not a student who goes to this church, but I heard of one student who regularly uploads their math worksheets to chat GPT and tells chat GPT answer these problems for me.
Speaker 1: Give them all in number form.
Speaker 4: Don't show your work, don't try to teach me how to do it.
Speaker 1: Just give me answers. Not a student in this church. This is a revival generation in this church. But think about it.
Speaker 4: When you talk to chat GPT, you prompt chat GPT according to your preference to meet your purpose.
Speaker 1: I would demonstrate it for.
Speaker 4: You right now, but I don't trust chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Enough to say the right things back. What I am telling you is that when.
Speaker 4: We begin to think that we prompt God like we prompt chat GPT, because some of us do our entire prayer life is pretty much like we're just prompting God. Hey, God, I need you to provide for me. I got this meeting at nine o'clock. I need you to help me through this meeting. In Jesus name, Amen, God, I need you to give me a new job. I don't like my job and I need a new job and when that's not going to be really hard, but it's going to pay really well.
Speaker 1: And I don't be gone from my family very much.
Speaker 4: Lord, But if you could give me a job that will provide for me above the amount of time that I'm willing to spend working in it.
Speaker 1: And God, I would like to have a lot of.
Speaker 4: Authority, but I don't want to lead any people because I.
Speaker 1: Don't really like people.
Speaker 4: So I'd like to be able to be an introvert but still have a lot of authority within the organization.
Speaker 1: God in Jesus' name, Chat God.
Speaker 4: But God is not GPT.
Speaker 7: You don't prompt God. God prompts me. God prompts me.
Speaker 4: I mean the disciples were always having to learn this check it out. They were in a remote place. Jesus was teaching people. The disciples go up to Jesus and they say, hey, Jesus, you've been teaching a long time. You need to shut this down. The people are hungry. They didn't care about the people. They were hungry. So what are they doing? They are prompting Jesus.
Speaker 3: It'd be a good idea for you, Jesus, if you'd.
Speaker 4: Send the crowds away. They can go get something to eat. Send them away, Jesus said, they don't need.
Speaker 1: To go away. You give them something to eat. Now, this is what's interesting about the disciples.
Speaker 4: They already knew that Jesus could do the supernatural.
Speaker 1: They had seen demons.
Speaker 4: Come out of people, They had seen the best.
Speaker 1: They went forth in the ministry. Great miracles happen. But just because you've been discipled once doesn't mean that you're fully developed.
Speaker 4: I was talking to my friend the other day about somebody that they discipled back in college. And when they discipled this person back in college, it's been like thirty years now, and the person that they discipled, I don't know if.
Speaker 1: Y'all have ever heard that term before.
Speaker 4: It's like we use it to say, mentored them spiritually. You know, they disciple this person, and this person is so far off the map.
Speaker 1: Now this person is a mess.
Speaker 4: And I looked at the person who was bragging that they discipled the other person. I said, you discipled them, and they said, yeah, I discipled them. And I said, I think you need to reciple them, huh, because sometimes we need to be recipled. Sometimes we forget who our source is and where our help comes from. And sometimes we pray and God provides, but we start prompting God for what we want. And I came to say today God is.
Speaker 1: The prompter, not you, not me.
Speaker 4: We don't get to tell Jesus who to snd away. We don't get to tell God what to do, even with.
Speaker 1: Our own lives. I will preach this whether you like it or not.
Speaker 4: God is not your phone, He is your father. You don't give the commands he does. We don't draw the lines around our life. We don't get to tell God what we will and won't do with our gift. He gave the gift, it's his to use. We don't get to tell God when it should happen. We have to trust him with the tithing. If the timing and the tithing little slip right there. Why would we say we trust in God when we won't even bring him what he gave to us to begin with. I feel annoyted to break the spirit off of people today who are saying I'm seeking the Lord, But all I'm really doing is telling the Lord what I think he needs to do, when maybe he has a command that contradicts my own preferences that he is trying to bring forth in my life. So all that to say, I trust in God more than I trust in myself. And that's why Mary's prayer wasn't Jesus, do whatever I tell you?
Speaker 1: It was verse five, Do whatever he tells you.
Speaker 4: Most of us do the exact opposite with God. God chat God, do whatever I tell you, and I'll say it real nice and everything like that. But what I'm really saying is, God, do send me a husband. Make him not too tall, not too short, not too busy, not too lazy. God, make him able to sing, but not arrogant about his singing ability. God, as we're good Amen in Jesus' name, spin around three times, yabad abad you.
Speaker 1: Do it, Jesus, chad geot.
Speaker 4: But see see you're not holding God in your hands.
Speaker 1: He's holding you in his hands, and we.
Speaker 4: Need to be recifled. Come on, help me preach, Rosalind. You are not holding him, He's holding you. That's why I've never felt like I was doing God a favor when I gave. I never felt like I was doing God a favor.
Speaker 1: When I praised.
Speaker 4: I never felt like I was doing God a favor when I preached. God, you mean you would let me open your word, as filthy as I am, as flawed as I am, as unfinished as I am, you would let me open your word and preach.
Speaker 1: You would let me lead a church that's reaching the world. I'm honored to do it. I'm privileged to do it.
Speaker 4: You don't know me anything, God, If you never do anything else for me, just your salvation is enough. You provide for me, and you prompt me, and I don't prompt you.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do what I want you to do.
Speaker 3: You know the plans you have for me, You know the hope you have for me.
Speaker 1: And I trust in God.
Speaker 4: I trust in God, like Abraham trusted in God. God prompted Abraham, he said, go to the land, I'll show you.
Speaker 3: You would say, God, show me and I'll go.
Speaker 1: God said, go and I'll show you. I'm not gonna give you all the details. You don't prompt God. God prompts you. Come on. Can I talk about Moses.
Speaker 8: God told Moses go to Pharaoh and say, let my people go. Moses didn't tell God what to do to Pharaoh. God told Moses what to say. God prompts me say it. God prompts me. I don't prompt God. I don't give God my ten year plan. I don't even tell God what I'm supposed to preach about.
Speaker 1: I ask him, what do your people need?
Speaker 4: What is the fresh word from heaven that you want to deliver? What is that brother, that sister dealing with this week?
Speaker 7: That if a word comes from heaven and you prompt their heart and they follow in obedience, if you will do whatever he told you, you will see him do exceedingly unbuttonedly. I'm preaching, Graham, ah bah bah, you ask or think or imagine high five three people say I've got a father, and he'll stick his head over the booth and he will pay for your meal.
Speaker 1: He's my provider and he's my prompter. And come back, Graham. I got to show you something.
Speaker 4: This boy every Sunday night is living in the blessing of the faithfulness of the ministry of the people in this church.
Speaker 1: Because see, I want to tell you something the next meal.
Speaker 4: I want you to buy for somebody that you're sitting with. Because God is a provider, but he's also a prompter.
Speaker 1: So how can we always just want the provision if we don't want to be prompted?
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying you're cheap, and I know you're kind of broke, and that's all right for another couple of years, because I got you for.
Speaker 1: A minute, but not for that long.
Speaker 4: But every Sunday night, this boy is teaching a Bible study at this church.
Speaker 1: And I'm proud of all of my kids, but.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to use him because he has the gene jacket on. Look, this boy is preaching a Bible study every Sunday night, and it started with God prompting him. Everybody's say, God prompts me. Pray it like a prayer. Say God, prompt me, Prompt me what to do about this issue with my parents, Prompt me what to do about this situation with my kids? Prompt me what to do about this situation with the company. Prompt me, God prompt me, not like Chad, GPT like Lord, show me which city to move in, and make sure it has a good climate, and make sure it also has good economic opportunities. And God make sure there's also good friends there in a good church there.
Speaker 1: And when I get to.
Speaker 4: The church there, God make sure that the services are long enough really touch me deeply, but short enough to get me out in time for lunch, and deep enough where I can be disciple, but wide enough and broad enough so I can invite my own church friends and they can understand.
Speaker 1: This is not GPT, this is g B. God prompts me.
Speaker 4: And God prompted you to start a Bible study for your friends. And we did it upstairs in the playroom on Sunday nights.
Speaker 1: And I would watch this.
Speaker 4: Boy, and sometimes it would be five people, sometimes.
Speaker 1: It would be ten.
Speaker 4: Let me show you what a big group looked like. This was just this past summer. A big group. Look at that screen. A big group the other one look at that screen. A big group was nine kids. God prompted, and he was passionate for his friends to know Jesus. I related to that because I remember when God prompted me to run the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at our school. I said, athletes kind of slow because it stood for FCA, and some of them weren't.
Speaker 1: Living right, so they used to make fun of it.
Speaker 4: They would call it FCA Fellowship of Christian Alcoholics.
Speaker 1: But I did not endorse that. That was not good.
Speaker 4: I was trying to get them saved, and I would teach Bible studies. And so when I saw you doing that, I was like, that's good, that's good. And then one week I don't know, but twenty people came.
Speaker 1: And see.
Speaker 4: When God prompts you with something, he will give you a small prompt with a big purpose. The Lord's doing the work in this place today. The hearts are receptive. You can feel it. There's faith in the room. You can feel it. God's presence is here, you can sense it.
Speaker 1: It's the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 4: It may not be in regards to an offering, or it may it may be a Bible study.
Speaker 1: He was prompted to start a Bible study. He was patient as week after.
Speaker 4: Week as friends wouldn't come, they would come, they wouldn't come, they would come, maybe only Austin would show up, maybe only Evan would show up, maybe only Colton would show up.
Speaker 1: It would just be week after week.
Speaker 4: But God was prompting him and he was faithful, and I watched him do it.
Speaker 1: One week when they had that big crowd.
Speaker 4: There was a kid there who was a part of our residence program for worship, kind of like an apprenticeship or discipleship program we have for worship leaders. And they were finishing Bible study and Graham said, Dad, do you have an acoustic guitar that Daniel can play? And I have a few guitars, and some of them are real nice, So I got one of the other ones.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a bunch of boys up there. I don't really trust him like that, And I handed Daniel the guitar.
Speaker 4: Within two weeks, Look what was happening in the same playroom from a prompt.
Speaker 1: I show them the.
Speaker 9: Video, remember that, Yeah, y'all.
Speaker 3: That's the room over the kitchen.
Speaker 1: In our house. The floor was shaking so hard in.
Speaker 4: The kitchen I thought they were about to come through the roof. Remember in the Bible, when they tore off the roof to get the man to Jesus.
Speaker 5: I was like, y'all are not coming through my roof. This is not the Bible. I do not have homeowners insurance for that. Can y'all see that in the news. Wouldn't that be in news for three weeks straight? If if fasterferred? It killed the kids at the e group at the Elevation Church.
Speaker 4: But the floor didn't give way because it was built on the rock.
Speaker 1: Come on, it was a solid foundation.
Speaker 4: We were standing on the promise and the floor was shaken, and I said, Graham, this is good, but y'all gotta move. Y'all gotta go. I don't know where we're gonna go. But see, there are some people in this church who were prompted years ago. And what you don't understand is every Sunday night now, hundreds of these kids get together showing my next video.
Speaker 1: Please at our.
Speaker 4: Matthew's location and watch these kids.
Speaker 3: And how they're praising, and that.
Speaker 1: That praise, that praise y'all with me church. That praise started with a prompting Graham. Look out here.
Speaker 4: Everybody whoever gave to this ministry or serves in this ministry, stand up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: What y'all are doing is amazing, and I thank God for it. But y'all's praise started with their prompting, and they said, yes, y'all's praise started with their prompting. And I wonder what God's going to prompt today, And I wonder who is going to be praising God.
Speaker 1: I read the strangest verse, y'all.
Speaker 4: I read a verse from Galatians one twenty four where Paul said something so unusual. He said, and they praised God because of me. What a thing to say. Every single one of you who gives today, somebody is going to be praising God.
Speaker 1: Some mom is going to.
Speaker 4: Be praising God because their kid came.
Speaker 1: Back to Christ.
Speaker 4: Somebody is going to be praising God because of you. Now, Graham, you can go sit down, and you can sit down for a moment to get out your offering card and envelope. Please, the Holy Spirit is in this place, and the only instruction from the Holy Spirit is do whatever he tells you to do.
Speaker 1: How long have we been trying to get God to do what we want him to do? But have we asked him? God?
Speaker 4: Out of all the gifts you've given me, out of all the resources you've given me, you are the source.
Speaker 1: You are g o D. You are my God. Mary's prayer.
Speaker 4: You remember what Mary said when the Angel told her that she was going to give birth to Jesus in Luke chapter one, verse thirty seven. He said, no word from God will ever fail. And Mary said, I don't see how it's going to happen. I don't really understand it, but I am the Lord's servant. May your word to me be fulfilled. That was Mary's prayer. You know, we do just the opposite. Sometimes we say, God, may my word to you be fulfilled.
Speaker 1: Here's what I want you to do.
Speaker 4: Lord. But no God can do immeasurably more than you ask or imagine. I didn't want a hundred kids jumping upstairs.
Speaker 1: In my house.
Speaker 4: That's a nightmare. But what I thought was a nightmare God turned into a revival. May your word to me be fulfilled. God is a provider. God is a prompter. He prompted Peter to go to a man named Cornelius's house, and the Gospel came to the Gentile world. He prompted a man named Anaius to lay his hands on brother Saul, and brother Saul became Paul, and the Gospel went forward to the Roman Empire. What is God prompting you to do what's the word that you want to choose? As one year ends and another begins. And oh, by the way, I'm not just speaking to people in the room, those of you all over the world who are blessed by this ministry. Now you have been blessed to be a blessing. Is God prompting you to make a difference. I believe the next twenty years of our ministry are going to make the first twenty years of the ministry look like a startup in.
Speaker 1: A garage somewhere.
Speaker 4: I believe God is about to do something so amazing that we'll be talking.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when we only.
Speaker 4: Had twenty campuses? Do you remember back in twenty twenty five, back in the old early days. God is about to blow our mind. And it starts with the prompting Graham. You're at the living room tonight because Greg and Autumn said yes to a prompting. Eighteen years they've given to this offering. Chunks and Amy, twenty years they've given to this offering.
Speaker 1: Twenty years. Eric and Nicole have given to this offering. Nine years.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Joseph's and Anna Joseph's have given to this offering.
Speaker 1: God has been faithful to us, and.
Speaker 4: When you don't give, you say I don't trust that I have a father who can provide for me. But if you've ever seen him pop his head up behind your booth and take care of your needs, now is an opportunity for you to tell him, thank you.
Speaker 1: What more could we do? He's done everything for us.
Speaker 4: So our word for this year is going to be the word light. Jesus said, my yoke is easy and my burden is light. And a lot of times I realized that I take on things like they're all on me and not on God.
Speaker 1: And that's a sin, y'all.
Speaker 4: So this year I'm going to take Jesus at his word, and I'm going to hook up in the harness with him a little bit more, and I'm going to ask him to make my burden light this year. How many of you will agree with me this year that the Lord will make my burden a little lighter? Yeah, and I'm doing good. Don't worry about me. It's not like I'm on the verge of burnout. But that's an example. Jonathan. You said your word was come up and say it with me. Stirred. Stirred I love that word. Say it in the microphone. Jonathan's word is stirred. What a great word to talk about the water into wine. They took the water, poured it in the jars Jesus told him to, and somewhere when they stirred.
Speaker 1: It, it became what it could never be. What a great word. We ain't even plan this. Look how in tune with God? You are a mighty man of valor.
Speaker 4: In just a moment, all of our campus pastors are going to share with you, and I.
Speaker 1: Want you to take a moment and pick the word. First of all, that's the first thing I want you to do.
Speaker 4: And then campus pastors, you come right now as everyone seated, as everybody's preparing to worship. We've saved time. I am on my clock. Miracles do happen. But will you pray Mary's prayer today? Do whatever he tells you, and then get ready, because when you do what you can do, God.
Speaker 1: Will do what you cannot do. Somewhere they stirred that water and it became wine.
Speaker 4: You hear me, Abby, When you do what you can do, God will do what you cannot do.
Speaker 1: Pick your word?
Speaker 4: Anybody got one?
Speaker 1: Holler it at me?
Speaker 4: Do it Lord, all that put it in the chat right now online you're giving give us the word that you're believing God for. As a matter of fact, before I turn it around, let's read some of the ones that are coming through online right now.
Speaker 1: JJ. This is an amazing moment. Tell somebody the Lord is here.
Speaker 4: Lord, is.
Speaker 1: That you love This weekend, I can feel the faith.
Speaker 4: And generosity of so many people, so faithful, fearless, helped faith gez Vessel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, restore, move free light. That's my word. I can't take my.
Speaker 4: Word, bill a Boo twenty three.
Speaker 1: You can't have my word. That's to use your name, bill a Boo twenty.
Speaker 4: Three, Get off my word, move a blaze yield Provider is coming through so fast.
Speaker 1: What's your word? What's your word?
Speaker 4: May your word God to me be fulfilled, not just whatever I think. I want you to do what you want to do through my life, what you want to do through this church.
Speaker 1: This is your church. We are your people. You are our father, God. I bring the needs of all of these people.
Speaker 4: Before you today from every nation that is watching right here in this local community.
Speaker 1: You have been good to us. God.
Speaker 4: You are Jehovah Jirah and in this place this sees, in this moment of their life. Would you meet every need as we do what you tell us to do in Jesus name.
Speaker 1: Amen, Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to those of you who give generously to this ministry. Is because of you that this ministry is possible. You can click the link in the description to give now or visit Elevation Church dot org slash popodcast for more information and if you enjoyed the podcast.
Speaker 1: You can subscribe. You can share it with your friends.
Speaker 2: You can click the share button, take a screenshot and share it on your social stories and tag us at Elevation Church.
Speaker 1: Thanks again for listening. God bless you.