Speaker 1: Jewet, the George.
Speaker 2: I'm the homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: You don't lie about that, right, all right, y'all.
Speaker 2: So I just got out of court, you guys, Nobody now that Diddy was sentenced to fifty months, which.
Speaker 1: Is four years in prison.
Speaker 2: The last video I made, I said to y'all that I thought the judge was going to throw the book at Diddy. And I meant that I thought Diddy was gonna be looking at anywhere from like seven.
Speaker 1: To ten years.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking more so like maybe eight with the year you know, time served or whatever or seven yeah, seven or eight years.
Speaker 1: And then we went in.
Speaker 2: Court and it completely changed, yo, Like I mean, Diddy speaking for himself like it was a lot. I mean, you had, you had a lot of factors, right, I think definitely did he.
Speaker 1: Speaking for himself.
Speaker 2: I want to read to you the words that Diddy said, because Diddy speaking for himself today, and he said, it's been so hard for him to be quiet, because I mean, you're talking about his fate.
Speaker 1: His future, his life here and he said it's been so hard for him to be quiet. I had to think about it too. When he said that I'm like Diddy.
Speaker 2: Has been had you waga. Diddy has been a boss. He has been in charge of his own life and career or put her in here, has been in charge of his own life and career for as long.
Speaker 1: As we've known him. Like Sean Diddy, Kombs has been.
Speaker 2: The driver, He's been the man to go to hauling on the shots for as long as we've known him. And he said it was so hard for him to sit quiet and listen to people talk about him and talk about things he did or he didn't do. But I'm gonna tell y'all something.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that he didn't talk.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that the first time we saw Diddy and heard didn't speak in full length what's today at the time that he spoke, because it saved to him. I think when did he spoke and took accountability for some things the judge not only saw because you know, looking at the when you're sitting and you're looking at the totality of the person, it's not just you know, what does the prosecution think, what does the government thing, what does the sentence in guideline think? It's like, who is this person in the world? And it's like really a thing of are they better in or better out? And the judge said, look, you need to stay in because I don't believe you and I don't believe that you know what what you're I don't believe that what you're telling me right now is true.
Speaker 1: But I do believe one day it will be. And if it is, don't crash. I ken, okay do I say? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I told the judges, like, listen, as much as I believe you're this, you're this motivational man, this man that has accomplished so much despite the fact that you got your father at a young age and you've.
Speaker 1: Been trying to figure it out and whatever, you need to sit down. You need to sit down, You need to take some time.
Speaker 2: But I think where this worked out well for Diddy was the judge is, first of all, I think it being twenty twenty five and people having to consider things like mental health and you know, like what rehabilitation really looks like a lot differently than we've always known the jails and the persons to do. He's really worked in his favor as well, because this judge said, you need to sit down and get some time with yourself and really just feel the consequence of what you did. But then we also need to think about what your mental health looks like, your drug addiction. How do we help you in that as well too. So Diddy stood up and he said, first of all, they act for a comfort break when we came back in. You literally took a break for you know, for us to come back and Brian still to speak.
Speaker 1: We took a break after Bryan still spoke.
Speaker 2: It was did he want to did these attorneys and then they said, can we have a comfort break ten minutes or the judge is like yes, they wanted that comfort break before Diddy got up and us, well, did he want to get usself together?
Speaker 1: We come back.
Speaker 2: Diddy's about to speak. He acted for another five more minutes, so I'm like, oh, he is nervous, right.
Speaker 1: So on time, I keep moving Patrick head because I'm trying to get this.
Speaker 2: I want you to see everything that's happened in the background with the courthouse and.
Speaker 1: All the cars and the people and the cameras and just the movement.
Speaker 2: So Diddy finally speaks right and he says, thanks judge for allowing me to speak up for myself. It's been hard not to be able to speak up for myself and talk about how sorry I am. He then starts apologizing, and he says, oologized to Cassie. He says, you know, and I don't take that apology lightly. I apologize to her family. I apologize to Jane. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry I brought you into my mess. I apologize to all domestic violence victims because I know that video on CNN triggered so many people around the world. He says, it was disgusting, it was shameful, it was sick.
Speaker 1: He says. Did he admit he was sick?
Speaker 2: He says that, you know, he was out of control. He needed help, and he failed. He didn't go get help.
Speaker 1: He failed.
Speaker 2: He says he can't make any excuses because he knew better. He says, I knew better. I was raised to do better. And I was like, when you said that I knew better. I was raised to do better. I'm like, that's already going went over with the.
Speaker 3: Judge because the judge has made a point to say this is not this isn't new, this has been happening for over a decade.
Speaker 1: You're fifty some years old. When a lot of these things had happened.
Speaker 2: So he says, I can't make any excuses because I knew better. I was raised to do better. My mother raised me better, my faith raised me better. He says, you know, he got lost in his journey.
Speaker 1: He says, I'm just a man. I'm a man.
Speaker 2: I'm not this larger than life person at the core, at my core, I'm just a man, and I got lost in my journey. This ate too, He said, I got lost in my ego. And the reason why I said that ate not because the maybe be like, oh my god, Diddy, Diddy Diddy. I'm like, this is what the judge was speaking to, literally was speaking to before we went to lunch, when I told y'all, I think it's a rat for him. And I told y'all, if he's smart, he better readjusts his mental what he's gonna say, and you need to speak to exactly what the judge says he does not see or feel from you. And that is exactly what he did. He took them cues and did exactly what he was supposed to. And I do believe it was genuine as well.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 2: He says, you know, I lost everything I lost my career, I lost my reputation, I lost my ability to raise my kids and help my mom.
Speaker 1: I lost my.
Speaker 2: Self respect, I lost my businesses. They talked a lot about him not having money anymore. He said, right now, I hate myself. He says, I've been stripped down to nothing. I really am sorry, no matter what they say, and he says they he's talking about the prosecution. He turns to his kids at this point. He apologizes to them. He says, I failed you all as a dad, and he begins to break down in tears. He apologized to his mom and he says, you know I've failed you as a son. He says, I'm sorry, Mom. You taught me better. To who much is expected, much is given, I'm sorry. So who much is given, much is expected that he says, And he says I felt my community.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be an example of what we could do if we were able to solve our own problems, have our own things.
Speaker 1: I just got lost. I'm not this bad person.
Speaker 2: Then he begins addressing the judge directly. He says, your honor, if given a second chance, you can show people, and I can show people that I've changed sometimes events happen in your life that just changed you.
Speaker 1: Now, these are not excuses that I'm making. I've been changed. I beg for your mercy, your honor.
Speaker 2: He Dan talks about, you know, asking and begging for a second chance to not only just change, to show change, but to also be a father, to.
Speaker 1: Be a son, to be a leader again.
Speaker 3: He says, you're honor, I'm asking you to get I'm asking you for this chance to get the help I really need.
Speaker 1: I don't want to let my family down. They need me. I'm scared. They're scared. I'm all that they had.
Speaker 2: If I go away, they have nobody, and I blame myself for that. I'm willing to I'm willing to comply with any conditions that the court puts upon me. He talks about, you know, he wants to go around to share his story, but he doesn't want to go around to share his story because he wants.
Speaker 1: To be puff daddy, the man, you know, all the things. It's not about that, and he says, this is traumatic, this is a.
Speaker 3: What he is doing with right now is for really, and if he can share this story, maybe he can save This is all the people, even from court all of the outlets, all of the like off everybody.
Speaker 1: He says, maybe he can save one person.
Speaker 2: So even at Miami booking that the prosecution is through out, there is just planning booking in Miami. That was a whole vitalized plan that his team has put up with, come up with. They had talked to the you know, the prison system already, the sheriff's departments down there, the Department of Corrections, probation offices, and everybody was in agreece that this program will be amazing.
Speaker 1: They need this program.
Speaker 2: It's more effective when people get out of jail and they're putting programs. They don't they don't they don't turn return back to jail. So this would be amazing. They turned that whole narrative upside down and Didy's favorite as well too. He says, I don't care about no fame, no money. I don't care if I ever make another record again or perform again. If I get a chance to share my traumatic story, I can save someone's life.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the jury, your honor.
Speaker 2: You gave me your honor confidence to trust the jury. Thank you to them for the not guilty. I don't take lightly my man act charges and I'm dealing with the consequences. I thought that was another point where I'm like, he listened, and he's listening.
Speaker 1: He's really listening. He's setting everything aside, whether he thinks he should have been proven guilty.
Speaker 2: Or not, he's setting all that aside and saying, regardless.
Speaker 1: Of what I think, here's what happened.
Speaker 2: And as much as I don't want to be here, I accept it, and I'm going to deal with the consequences.
Speaker 1: Because the judge made it clear he did.
Speaker 2: Not feel like Diddy at any point even acknowledged those charges because he didn't think he should be based with him, nor should he be convicted of him. He says, I thank them for the not guilty. I don't take my man at church slightly.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 2: The prosecution wants to want you to make an example out of me.
Speaker 1: I want you to make an.
Speaker 2: Example that things can happen if someone's giving a second chance.
Speaker 1: And then the sentencing came down, and.
Speaker 2: When the sentiensen came down, the judge opened up with, you know, telling the court that as much as he's realized that Diddy is his self made artist, this businessman who has inspired many people and done all these.
Speaker 1: Things a devoted family man, he says, And he says.
Speaker 2: The judge said, I consider the collateral damage to your family and to your kids. So it was very effective having a children's feed man, and there was not a dry eye in the building where those kids quote. He says, the court knows that addiction is real and that you've been able to get cleaned from incarceration, but you got to.
Speaker 1: Consider all of your history, and a lot of.
Speaker 2: Your history includes the violence that you the power, the misuse of power, the not having respect for the law and for the you know in evidence is massive.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 2: I sat here and I listened to Cassie testified, Jane testified. I saw text messages, emails, all the photos of abuse, and then he talked about the sitting ting of fifty months to four years. I'm trying to tell y'all, I don't think anybody rejoices for joy, you know, rejoices when they're headed to jail.
Speaker 1: But Ny is so lucky.
Speaker 2: The judge's tone before we left back into the second half of the day was not anything of given.
Speaker 1: There was no mercy on the court. In my opinion. The judge wasn't mean about it. He wasn't rude about it, but I did not think that they were gonna be mercy on the court.
Speaker 2: But I do think that Dinny's speaking and taking accountability in front of the court, in front of his children, in front.
Speaker 1: Of his family, because the judge definitely understood how much his family means to him. Doing that and showing that, I.
Speaker 2: Think it changed things of him for the better. So he'll do the time and we'll see what happened from here at five. And if I'm Diddy's team, I wouldn't even appeal. I wouldn't. I understand why they would want to, because they feel like there's certain things that shouldn't have been factored in, like you know, them being able to look at.
Speaker 1: Things that were acquitted. But I think for what did he was facing and what he's going to actually do, he made out the best way he could have made out in this.
Speaker 2: This is the latest with Nor on the road, So I'm heading on over to NBC for New York to talk to them about.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 2: Make sure you guys tune in and we'll we'll. I've been doing some more content throughout the weekend. I got a lot here. It's been a long eight
Speaker 1: Weeks, nine weeks, so I will be getting Sol's over now