Speaker 1: Hi everybody. Hi, Hi Catherine, Hi Chelsea, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm just todays Critics Choice Awards, so I will be.
Speaker 2: I will be returning to my birth network of E to host they thirtieth Wow thirtieth Critics. It's their thirtieth anniversary of the Critics Choice Awards, and this is my third hosting gig.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, I mean, it all worked out.
Speaker 1: It all worked out.
Speaker 2: I got shoulder surgery about ten days ago, just in time to wear a strapless gown fighting an infection. I am getting intravenus drugs every twenty four hours. I haven't had a drink in about ten days, and I don't think I'll be able to have one for another six weeks.
Speaker 1: So who knows. This could be the beginning of my sober life. I know the parties and be like, who needed alcohol anyway?
Speaker 4: Who even needed it? He just like goes over to all these parties. Grades Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Now, Actually, what my schedule is is last night they took out my pick line, which is what they used to give me intravenous drugs for this infection that I got, And tonight afterward show in a very glorious fashion. I come straight home so they can reinstall the pick line. Oh fantastic, that's my after party. Everybody so sexy, so exciting, Chelsea.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you about something that happened to me recently, and I have been waiting to tell you about this.
Speaker 3: Okay. I was at the gym working with my trainer last week.
Speaker 1: Hopefully sons hard boiled eggs.
Speaker 4: I'd brought no hard boiled eggs, and I didn't even let my shoes smell like hardboil eggs there.
Speaker 2: But the story, the story is already better just by not having hard boiled eggs in it.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: I was like laying on my back doing some like you know, ad work, that sort of thing, and I see walk up about three feet from my face, bare feet, beargar at the gym, bear men's feet, just walking around, and my trainer turns the guy and goes, wear your shoes. Man. I just want to tell you this man. He's a boomer, white gentleman. He's the only white boomer that goes to my entire gym. He also happens to be the only person and I've ever seen there wearing a Trump hat. And I'm not saying that, like, the two of those things are related.
Speaker 2: But well, it's the attitude. Be the attitude is related. They disregard for others is humilated. Wearing bare feet in public spaces has is just you have no regard for others. No, and we're wearing a Trump hat means you have no regard for brothers.
Speaker 4: Also bringing that into other people's faces, I just like I could not believe it. It was like right next to my face because I was laying on the ground. I was like, what is happening? Why are there old man feet next to me? It was truly horrifying.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of the dedication to my new book, my new book. If you guys haven't ordered it, ordered it, I'll have what she's having. It's not out until February twenty fifth, but there's a dedication in that book to a very special group of people that have to deal with people like that all the time. And I'll let you read it in the book and you'll know what I'm talking.
Speaker 4: And you can pre order her book actually in the link right in the description here, So go.
Speaker 1: Ahead and click order please please.
Speaker 3: You can even buy signed copies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I'm doing a book tour. I'm going to all these different cities.
Speaker 3: Are they on your website?
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're all on my website. So we've got to the website. I'm going to do like six cities for my book tour.
Speaker 3: Awesome, that's super fun.
Speaker 4: Well, we do have a few updates from folks who have called in in the past, so I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Read a few of those.
Speaker 4: We always ask people to update us, so if you've called in recently, shoot us an update. We want to know what's going on with you. So our first one comes from Ev. Ev was from like way back in our Oliver Hudson episode and he had the situation where his parents were like psychiatrists and had medicated him from like five years old. I don't know if you remember this, but he was like, how do I talk to my parents? I want to come off these medications, like see what life feels like as an adult unmedicated. And he says, Hi, Katherine and Chelsea, I hope you're having a great day. It was so much fun being on the podcast. I want to thank you all so much for the advice from our discussion. I got the courage to tell my parents about the medication. I owe it to you. They took it very well. Something Chelsea said inspired me to just be honest and not beat herund the bush.
Speaker 3: Going forward, I'm going to proceed.
Speaker 4: With courage and always trust my gut. Thank you again, sincerelyev.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that's nice, considering I have no recollection of that phone call whatsoever.
Speaker 3: A while ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I don't really remember that at all.
Speaker 2: So look, look, look what a difference you can make in people's lives when you don't remember people exactly.
Speaker 4: So this one is part question, part update. Emily had called in way early on and she wanted to get a boop job, and we told her, like, go for it.
Speaker 3: If you want to a job, go for it. Dear Chelsea, I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 4: Hard to believe I was on season one of the podcast. I'm still an avid listener weekly. Well, I still haven't gotten the boop job. I was never confident in my body. I just always thought bigger breasts would be a bonus. But if I wanted to, I would have pulled the trigger by now. I am, however, looking forward to seeing Chelsea's in her annual skiing post and Whistler in a few short weeks, I had a new question for her. I'm planning to travel to Africa this year with my mom to celebrate my thirtieth birthday. Chelsea, what are your favorite countries to visit in Africa? There's so many Safari options and destinations, so I could use your guidance on your favorite locations. Bonus points if you remember the month you travel to them too, Cheers Emily.
Speaker 1: I usually do my traveling to the times I've been to Safari.
Speaker 2: I have been in the summer, like July, because it's their winter, so you want to go in July August. You can kind of get away with June two. But the big crossing on the Maara River crossing is I think very specific to July. It's like a month or two weeks long, I think.
Speaker 1: So you can catch that.
Speaker 2: But as far as countries in Africa, I've been to Kenya, Botswana, South Africa, Tanzania, and then maybe one other one that I'm not oh, Zimbabwe, but that was not for Safari.
Speaker 1: That was kind of like a water Safari. I would go to Kenya for sure, if you can Botswan.
Speaker 2: Any of these places are going to yield amazing Safari results. The first Safari I ever went to was a camp called Camp Londolozi in South Africa, and that was incredible.
Speaker 1: And then there are all.
Speaker 2: The Singidas, which are really great too. I mean, you really can't go wrong when you go on Safari. I would just say, like whatever money you can spend on that, spend on that, like however high you can go, because it's it can be so luxurious, worth it, and it's worth it because you're like in the middle of all this beauty and the landscapes are so magnificent, like everything they can they can turn everything into like a five star experience, and I mean I'm down with that, you know, So whatever you can afford, go for it.
Speaker 1: This is the trip to go.
Speaker 4: For it awesome and that's so fun to like go with her mom. I think that's oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you never this.
Speaker 2: I have been on vacation my entire life and I will you can never beat a safari.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. Well.
Speaker 4: Our next follow up comes from Alex She called in on our Yah Yah. Episode was about a year ago and she had been married to a man at the time.
Speaker 3: She wasn't sure if she was gay. She was sort of.
Speaker 4: Questioning and she says, thought i'd send you a quick update on my situation. It's been a little over a years since I first wrote in, and things have definitely changed. The advice I received from your podcast gave me the permission I needed to start taking action on how I was feeling. I told my husband that I was attracted to women, and we tried working through it for a bit, but I think I knew on some level that the marriage was no longer for me. Well, we were not good together for a few reasons. The cherry on top is I've realized I'm gay. We separated a few months ago, and I've come out to a few family members and close friends. Although it was a difficult decision to live as my authentic self, I have no regrets. I am so much happier and feel much more at home with myself. I've been dating a beautiful woman, and I'm looking forward to what the future has in store for me. Thanks again, feel free to share on the podcast and pas. She says, thanks Catherine for saying I had big softball energy. Whenever someone affirms my queerness, I get all giddy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 4: I was so glad that was good because after I said that, I was like, oh, I hope she's not embarrassed by that.
Speaker 1: But maybe it's call I vaguely remember. It's call is triggering. Some are not triggering.
Speaker 3: It's a bringing up a memory, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: But I still yeah, usually when you bring up old callers, I know exact yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well these are all like a little bit older.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have been doing this podcast for like sixteen years.
Speaker 3: There's been a while. It's been a while. We're in year four or five something, I don't know. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you well Chelsea. Good luck tonight or should I say break a leg, break a lake tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Thank you guys, and tune in to critically see you tonight.
Speaker 3: Bye mhm.