Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer an I'm Heeart radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, my guys, Hey, Roman learned a Scottish word. What's a Scottish word?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Out?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's how they say out words accents.
Speaker 2: Alan goes, get in, get it, And so the other day he goes and I think that.
Speaker 1: Can we just talk about something'll be pieces about Roman for second.
Speaker 2: Pieces of someone because everyone says, I say, I say pieces too much, do you? Apparently in the last one I was like, well, this piece and I'm like, there's a lot of pieces in life. I've never noticed. I'm a layers girl, though, So that's fine, lots of layers when it's a story.
Speaker 1: When it's a story. But can we talk about Roman kicking the soccer ball?
Speaker 2: I know it's not crazy wild.
Speaker 1: I can't get past it. Every time you post it, I'm like, how is it doesn't even look real? I know, like he's so little, it doesn't even look Actually.
Speaker 2: There's two things that I've aied it. And then also you know those crazy crazies that the crazy crazy held in something else and he's like, I'm gonna be kind how they said I lied about like his birthday like, no, why, there's no way, so that I see he's clearly not his aim.
Speaker 1: I got he's so like, I mean little though I know that's what like.
Speaker 2: So also okay, still not normal For a couple of months later, I would think he is. Yeah, so for anyone, he is twenty two months old and half Scottish reminding you his dad plays professionally. Well, that's just the thing though. It's like you, guys, he's dribbling a ball. That's nuts. It's not normal. I keep saying, like every time I watch it, I text him like, not normal. I know.
Speaker 1: It gets me every time, and I'm like, I have to stop responding to her because I know she's getting all of these but I'm just like, what is happening.
Speaker 2: It's like the do they play when they do, like his ESPN special when he's an.
Speaker 1: Apple program plate.
Speaker 2: So I think it's because I mean he's literally put and I put this on my story last week. He's been putting a ball at his foot since he was a baby.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean it's kind of is it twisted, like he's programmed him. Every is a kick a ball, kick a ball. Oh, aren't we just just programming in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lot of times with kids in sports, Yeah, it's what they gravitate to, but also it's what's been in front of them. True, Like if you don't know lacrosse, for instance, my kids have never seen La Cross. They don't know. They could be fantastic at it, but who knows, because it's what your parents like and are around and put in front of them. So he was destined to be good at soccer, but it's just or football. But like it's just so he's so little doing it. I know, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we tried soccer o kish wasn't it for the outfit and air quotes is not an elbows out go so someone would get like kicking the ball and she just moved out of the way, and I'm like, well that is not how this works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be. Well we got to move back because we got to go what I'm.
Speaker 2: Most interested for, because let's just pretend that he's going to go play soccer in the league in like a year, a year a year honest soccer shots, which we had to I don't want to have a minute. We did. We did lie about his age on his soccer shots. Because he had to be two, and I'm like, well, it'll be two when it finishes, it's fine, and he.
Speaker 1: Hits like like it's fine.
Speaker 2: I get nervous to see Alan be a sideline dad. He was so good at soccer. Shots with him. Okay, oh right, but it's not a game meeting, it's not a game yet.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But you know what's funny is we were so we took We've been taking him to this is insane. We've been taking him to the field on weekends Roman like just to even for five minutes, just to kick a ball, because that's all his attention span does. There was a over forties group playing soccer and I was like, baby, you should talk to them, like go like be a part of the team. And so he ended up talking to one of the guys after and he's like, because I'm like i'd love to watch you play, you should play and it's an over forties league and he's like, Babe, I wouldn't be able to play for fun, like someone's gonna get hurt or I'll get hurt a little stretcher, yeah, like they do in the game. So I know, I thought it'd be really fun. But anyways, that's mine.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like men's softball. Plenty of men get out there and get hurt because they think that they.
Speaker 2: Plenty irated because they get a husband with a broken legs he had to play softball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: But I got to say, I'm really happy about all the positive feels that I got from the car.
Speaker 1: Everyone wants to see it. Though I know I know the bigger show it. I don't know that makes it seem a little bit, but I still think you should, Oh, finish it. Oh, I finish it. That to me, does after you talked about it, I would one hundred percent show it doing just showing it from the get go. I think you would have gotten more negative feedback without talking about it. Why because people will think that it's showing off. For sure.
Speaker 2: Is it wrong to show off?
Speaker 1: Not at all, Not at all. I don't think it's I don't think it's wrong at all. I think you would have gotten a lot more negative feedback had you done that at first. And I think that you're loyal. People that are listening understand and want to see it. But you're going to get people that don't listen that you're going to get a lot more hate if you post it, which I'm fine with, go for it. I'm not saying. I'm just saying I do think you'll get more hate on social media no content, Yeah, for no context.
Speaker 2: All the people that post their private planes and.
Speaker 1: For it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, not me, that's not me. You're following with the private plane. Well, I mean I follow the Kardashian like a few other people, some artists that we follow, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But I'm here for me. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of those things where I'm like, I just love the the feed. I love how proud they are and happy for me there. I think it's so sweet and it's like I get what you're saying, but at the same time, like, you know what, I'm really proud of it, Like I and I rarely say that about anything that I do. Sure that you know, I'm not like I always put an asterisk to everything. This one, I'm like, no, I'm proud of myself. Like I worked hard, I'm gonna I.
Speaker 1: Have a ride in it. I just kind of wanted to amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh she's first of all, she has a beautiful voice, and she asked what you need and then She also massages you a lot of carist massage now though not mine.
Speaker 1: We're still she hugs you.
Speaker 2: I like when she hugs you. Yeah, we went on the corner and she like tightened her seatbelt and then she hugged my hips and I was like creamer, she cared.
Speaker 1: She doesn't matter for sure.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things we're proud of, I'm flying out. Where are you going? Cape Cod? Oh? That's right for you? Anniversary and you just celebrated ten years. I did, and we are taking the trip, which is not easy for me to do, and I'm proud.
Speaker 1: Is this the one where we marked it on the calendar and we kept it held on the calen calendar?
Speaker 2: We were calendar and then management brought a date and then we were going to move it, and then legend of first baseball game, But it doesn't matter. We worked around all the schedules and here we are. We're going to have three nights, two full days. Nice. Yeah, we'll be back in time for baseball and cheer. And I'm really proud of us. Good. Yeah, I love for an adventure. He's never been and I've never been in. It was really cute the photo that you did so cute. Got your wedding dress ten years ago on what street was that downtown Second Avenue and Second Avenue, and then you had ten years later in the kids and you go, why'd you say a little less love in the second one. I'm like, that's more love? Oh oh, because I felt far away from him, like I wish I would have studied my pos as I said it to Jan, and I was like, oh, a lot less love. And that second photo it looked like he was stretching towards me. But I think I was trying to recreate so much. But no one, it's just my pickiness. But it was perfect. It was so cute, and it was just a fun memory too. You know, we were down there and everyone kept congratulating me. You just got maratulations and the people from the rooftop. It was then the George Jones Museum and now it is a different I think it's called like playground or something. But the rooftop is where we actually got married. And it was completely beautiful and overlooked, like you know, the river, and you could see the twinkling lights and Nissan and we got married at eight o'clock at night, so it was like dark and beautiful and when we walked, we were on Second Avenue and they were screaming down from the rooftop and they're like, my manager says, you guys should come up and have a drink. You can bring your kids, and I'm like, so we did go up just to have the moment, but it is just really different up there. It was kind of wild, but it was just a really sweet little memory and the kids got to be in there. We call the Big Beautiful City at night, and it was sweet and the best part of ten years and the hardest part of ten years. Oh, that'll make me cry. Yeah, start with the pit.
Speaker 1: Oh. The hardest part.
Speaker 2: Of ten years is this industry, for sure, and that makes me emotional. And then the both answers and the best.
Speaker 1: Part of the babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's so a lot of life in ten years, guys, and you have really been there through a lot of it. I'm falling in love with an artist, which I said I never do. To lots of heartbreak, to facetimes too, m us making an impact that it'll be us at the end of this life, maybe just single you and me. But I'm really grateful and we've had like a lot of fun adventures guys like we've done. I don't know, it's just a really sweet I'm excited. I could tell like this the week, the easiest thing to do would be to not go, and I kind of felt like I don't want to go, just a little pms and a little like I'm moon the one planning, you know. And then I had this moment where I I do want to say this because I think any married people will super relate. The days that you don't want to go or don't want to do the most are probably the times you need it the most. That's what I've learned in ten years. So I'm excited to just have two days. Yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: It's always the lead up. Yeah, I never want to go in the lead up, you know what I mean, just because it's so much work on our end.
Speaker 2: So much work seems so could just be easier to be here. Yeah, it was really like he I actually got him home the eve of our anniversary. He did a show on our anniversary and I didn't think i'd get him home, and I tucked in the babies upstairs, and he texted me and said, don't come down just yet. And I He's like and please confirm, and I was like confirmed. So he had set up like ten dozen roses and we opened a bottle of wine which we just had a sip of. It felt like a waste, but it was wonderful. And he bought us a little tiny wedding cake because we didn't have wedding cake on our wedding night because I gave it to someone else. Nope.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, the wedding cake too, the gig giveaway.
Speaker 2: No, So just like sweet and I think just the simplicity and like us just really like being proud of ourselves. Yeah, but this industry is tough, so it's feeling marriage is stre I can't you know, You're like twenty years in and I'm like, whoa, you know how because they made a decision to stay and work through it your tough times. Yeah, it's wild and there hasn't been something so big too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would just encourage it.
Speaker 2: Like marriage is tough, so like it's okay that it's tough. I feel like we over over, you know, like even our our pictures, our ten year photos were so beautiful and I just loved it that we did it because we never take pictures ever, and so I thought that was really special, but also just it's okay to just be honest that it wasn't easy. Somebody wrote to me and said, you know, the thing you wrote about year three and year seven really got me. And I was like, well, that's just honest. You know, can't get to your ten without year seven. Yeah, and year seven was a doozy oh seven years stretch its worst stretch. Anyways, that's that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get to seven.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys, yeah, you know there knows there's an emotional maturity. I think that you guys have a leg up on too that. I just think there's really a lot of beauty in what you and Alan have created so quickly. I don't worry about your any for.
Speaker 1: You, but if we made it through seven, we're at eighteen, so damn I know we can make it for y'all.
Speaker 2: Can do it?
Speaker 1: Y'all got this guys. No one watched my show, did they know?
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 1: I had some people in my DMS. They were like, I can't wait for you to talk about this, and I was like, I have so much to say, but I don't think that any you.
Speaker 2: Know, I got stuck on love con and I got stuck on another one.
Speaker 1: So I feel like, okay, that's fine. So since y'a haven't watched this, have y'all watched that documentarynown Unknown Number?
Speaker 2: Yes? What?
Speaker 1: Okay? And so we have to say spoiler alert if we're going to talk about that, I have to.
Speaker 2: But because of the Internet spoiling it, I'm glad I watched it when I did because I had no idea. You get away shook, which was kind of refreshing.
Speaker 1: Did you see it coming?
Speaker 2: No? I thought game mom. Only reason I did was because I saw a Lifetime movie about it, so I knew it was Once it started, I was like, I think this is I think Lifetime did this movie and it ends up being the spoiler. Yeah, spoiler them right. So but I think what is absolutely wild and I don't want to m.
Speaker 1: I think you should. I'll say it. What do you want to say?
Speaker 2: Those pauses are what usually get us in trouble. I don't want to someone we've had recently on the podcast. Oh. I felt the same way when when the when the Mother of the Unknown said, we've all committed crimes, and then someone very recently we've had a guest on, who had another narcissistic lack of ownership, said well, we've all done things wrong, and I'm like, no, not like, don't try and justify. So it's like when she said, well we've all we've all broken the law, and I'm like, okay, I've not told my daughter to kill herself, and you cannot compare the two.
Speaker 1: You cannot.
Speaker 2: You just can't pare that to anyone the two. I think that's why I was so shocked. I'm like, there's just quite nothing like that.
Speaker 1: That's still situation. I still find some of it odd. I don't I still feel and I'm sorry I shouldn't say it, but part of me still feels like she was she started it, the girl. I feel like she might have started it on her own personally. Oh the daughter, the daughter Lauren is that her name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a why?
Speaker 1: And I could be wrong, but something just it And maybe it is that she just had PTSD or not even PTSD.
Speaker 2: She was just you mean, from when the body cam showed her mom basically confessing her not having any reaction like what or.
Speaker 1: Like nothing, and maybe that is absolute just shock I will give and that was my first reaction. But then the way her mom was very specific about like, yes, I did it, but I didn't start it.
Speaker 2: That though too. To me though, thinks that makes me go back to someone who is just a liar cheater person that go, well, I did this, but I.
Speaker 1: Didn't do that. Maybe maybe but the tone, but the tone changed. And then also has that cat if you watch the way she was with her daughter when the police were there and how she's like comforting her and this whole like she needs her either she just needed so badly to be that person that her daughter came to. So she was so messed up in her mind, which I think is it. She was so messed up in her mind she wanted her daughter coming to her and needing her in some weird, odd way.
Speaker 2: It's like that one detective said, it's that one disease, but it munchaus without the medical.
Speaker 1: Yes, which I think that's a huge part of it. Part of me also goes or is she also did she find out her daughter had been doing it and either take the wrap for it or her daughter started it and she took over.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why her daughter would start it when she's like happy in her relationship. That's the party.
Speaker 1: She though there's a lot of stuff missing in this. There's a lot of pieces that were not like kind of covered. But was she though, like was she happy in that relationship?
Speaker 2: Was she?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just it's an interesting take that a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: I really felt for the dad and that I'm just like, this guy is just he's trying us about it or his family and this this this bitch is doing this, and then like to the dot, I'm just like.
Speaker 1: There was so much in that, like the one girl that they even accused at one point who was a bully, even if you look at just that piece and how messed up things were in that piece because not that she got accused, but her parents were so oblivious to the fact that their daughter was a bully. I mean, there's a reason why she was being accused because she was a bully. But I just I watched that and I'm like, do y'all have any clue, Like, Okay, maybe she didn't do this, let's get down. You know, obviously she didn't do it, but like she was a bully to so many and they're just so like, couldn't be my dad, you know. I just think that there's just so much we have to look at and we have to go we don't think our children are capable of these things, But at the same time, you've got to look at it, you've got to consider it, you've got to I don't know, there.
Speaker 2: Was just such address it.
Speaker 1: You have to address it. Yeah, and you know, kids are kids and they are going to make mistakes. But I mean telling your daughter to kill yourself. I all of it, all of it, and it was so like nasty, the dirty top dirty.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I just was so you guys, not much shocks me. Yeah, there's like movies I can watch returns and I'm like, oh okay, but like blown away. Yeah, I mean my job was on the just crazy. I think because we all just parent so intentionally too, that it's just so wild that that even exists to me. It's her rationalizing it too though, and trying to compare to us, like haven't you been a bad mom? And her addition to done something it's like yeah, and then to do this, it's like what are you What are you thinking is going to happen? Do you think you're going to get people that go, oh you got totally I get it, well, she wants attention, they said, she loves attention. And as she's sitting there, I'm like, nothing about this makes you look good. You've explained nothing, You've you know, like you're doing this for the fame of it too or whatever. When you put your kids into that and act that way and talk that way about your children to your children, I don't have any Like I feel sad that she's sick. I do too, yeah, but I just I don't have I don't really have a hard time having any empathy for that woman.
Speaker 1: It's hard. I mean, people that commit crimes like that, and to me that this is very equal. She could have killed herself, the daughter, Yeah, she could have killed herself. So this to me is up there with the highest of crimes. I mean, like, you could have easily had your daughter kids and it would have been it would have been you. I have a hard time. I do. I understand she's mentally ill. I understand that, but it's just I know that was that was devastating.
Speaker 2: Those friends, the friends of the family, Owen's parents. I'm like, oh, like people they trusted, Wow, I know WI trusts around you. I don't. So that's my safety Net. I'm going to get on the shows because right now I'm on the the love com thing and that's just wild too. Being scammed. Oh yeah, I got to watch watch it because I have a story from my very past when I was with a scammer like that. So well, we have to watch it this week and then yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then another thing we're going to talk about this next week as well. We're going to get into it. Have you heard about the liac in snelling the case yet? Look it up. We'll talk about it later. Don't do it everywhere. It'll be controversial, but we're going.
Speaker 2: To talk about it. Okay, that's what we like. Coming next week, controversial topics with Cat. We'll take a break Cat the pot Star. Well, guys, what do you got Gramer? You guys have wine about it because I got something I could unpin.
Speaker 1: I think they were waiting for your pin.
Speaker 2: This is a different pin.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for that pin, but also your whine about it.
Speaker 2: You have a lot pinned. We're just wondering where the Baltimore is. So I have to ask this one. So I would like to start with my husband is a lovely husband.
Speaker 1: I love when start like this. I love when again these are my favorite. I love when we know for.
Speaker 2: Sure it's about Alan.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's a lovely husband.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is the best husband I have to have to say all the past, A great lovely friend.
Speaker 1: He's a wonderful socker. Then let's go into what sucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's respect He is such a good dad. He is.
Speaker 1: All qualifiers.
Speaker 2: He is so supportive, he is just the best and like so helpful too. Okay, wow, he is very helpful. Alrighty, And I am posing a thought starter whin about it challenge potentially have you ladies ever gone on strike? Now, before you answer it, I'm just going to say this, So this is an incident that happened a couple weeks ago. I okay, when something is close to being done, I will put on our little skylight calendar jelly because I know I'm about two more keepings of jelly left. We're going to need, you know, like for grocery list, right, same thing with like bread when I'm making the kids lunches, which he also helps with, thank you very much, such like good helper. So Gray Alberd, does he notify you that he's done it? Because that's my favorite part of my husband.
Speaker 1: He hasn't just done it. He's made sure that you reported that. I'm like, alright, tell us, we've been trained to give them positive reinforcement without telling us, Like, we can't even say it without making sure that we say the positive.
Speaker 2: But he made a sandwich and we're all like, that's the guy. He's on my shoulder, like big sandwich maker. Alright, sorry, this is.
Speaker 1: A sign up.
Speaker 2: He's like, would you like me to make the lunch and then you do the dishwasher. I'm like, or you can do both because I do both equally at the same time. Do or like He'll be like, I'll make the sandwiches and you do the rest, And I'm like, or you.
Speaker 1: Can just do the full lunch. That's funny. The sandwiches grabbed the chips. That would be profound.
Speaker 2: Wow. So it's just I don't know. He's like, he's fine with doing the sandwich, but it's the side little trinkets in the lunch box that really get them. Anyway, I digress. So I then put things on there, right, So, like the bread. When I know there's only a couple more pieces left, I'll put bread on the grocery list, right. So I was cleaning up and I go into my underneath and I can't find my Clorox Wipechlorox wipes because something was the refrigerator door was sticky, so I wipe it a lot from the jelly. From the jelly, yes, keep it full circle, very full circle. And so I am like, where are my Clorox wipes? I always I know where I put them. I put them back where they belong human and it never moves unless somebody else touches them, right, So then it's allan. I was like, have you seen my Clorox wipes? And he was like I haven't, and he goes, oh wait, I finished them. And I was like, and did you not replace them like that? They absolutely are our michlorox wipes. And he is like, it's not like you use them a lot. And this is where I went. I went. I was like, you do not see the things that I do. All around everything that I do do. I was like, I'm constantly taking the Clorox wipes and wiping all the little like knobs and things and refrigerators and that I was like in taking my magic erasers and going around cleaning base boards and walls, like on a weekly basis, sometimes daily. I was like, you don't see the things that I do at all? Then you know what I mean, because that's what I do all the time. And on top of everything else, I was like, imagine what the house would look like if I didn't touch the things that I touch, and what it would look like. And then I thought, I think I'm going to go on strike for a week just so he can see what I do. Do you do not yet? I wanted to pose it here first, but yeah, what do you think? I can't imagine what my home would look like if I went on strike. But I feel like they might appreciate what we do. I know, we appre again. Here we go. I know you appreciate me. Yes, Okay, Having said that, they I mean this so respectfully. The laps that I do around my husband in that home, yes, I mean even just the unloading of the car. I mean, I just last night, Preston is a really great guy. He's a really great dad, a songwriter, he's a wonderful, super good at making up. Okay, Oh, last night, we're leaving the baseball field and I just wild. I wish I'm next time I'm going to take a picture. We should just make a series and people can follow along. So I have this wagon overflowing. I had provided snack for the baseball blah blah blah. Right, so I have all three chairs, a blanket, a toddler who doesn't want to go, love who doesn't even want to be there in the first place. Everything's overflowing. So I'm pulling the wagon with two hands because the wagon I'm holding the chairs on, and the attempt to make it over shuffling slowly shuffling over to the car. I look up and help me. No, Homie's got a bag of veggie straws, and he's just like, I mean I at this point, I've almost run my child over me over by the wagon, like it's death by wagon. And he's like we are literally ten feet from the car, and he's like, baby, mean me, help with that. And I'm like, oh, no, no, no, this has been organ trail for thirty minutes, and if if I'm going to bring it to the finish line, right, were right? I love when they ask literally like we might as well be on the drive home at this point, and I'm just like, dude, I just I there's such a unique difference in the way we all see the world, the amount of things we get done. I want to say I can go on strike. I think my euro OSD. Yeah, I know, but I feel like I should try more than I do. I'm on strike right now. Yeah, Cat's like I've striker on for the last seventeen years. Now.
Speaker 1: I pick up more and like put up more and stuff like that. But like that kind of stuff he does more, so I can't really.
Speaker 2: But he wouldn't be able to do that if you didn't pick up the stuff.
Speaker 1: No, he would let this stuff just sit sit and stay for sure. But like, yeah, I mean, but I'm just not you know me, I'm just not like OCD about that. Having said that, the laundry would go to yeah, yeah, I mean that is one thing that I am like very good at keeping up with for sure, and that would go to crap. But I feel like you could do it the strike. I think you could do it.
Speaker 2: I probably could, and I think that he would probably eventually not notice. No, No, I think he was. He's also a very.
Speaker 1: Because in particular, Yeah, it's just because you do it, you know. But if you were to go on strike, I feel like he'd be like okay and start seeing it and would start doing it. You know, only that I'm not real sure love him. I mean, I'm you know, I don't know what would happen. You would go crazy, and I don't know that it's good for your mental health.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You should rather just do him go off like when when he comes home from tour, just to see his face.
Speaker 1: I don't think she could do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to be able to do that, because I think it would think it would be like even the other night, I tucked all the babies in and that's my jam, right one, like candle dim lights, clean counters, and I just go through and I just to tee myself up for the morning. And I thought, what would it look like if I just left all of this? How'd it feel? I didn't leave it. She just got about it, but I did think about It's step one, well, step one a knitting. Let's do It's report that, okay, let's do it now next week. Let's do it next week, yeah, next okay. Can't wait to hear about this. Kim Kardashian explains why she doesn't believe in homework. So she has said that they do not believe in homework during a recent live stream, but she was I'm gonna tell you why kids are in school for eight hours a day. When they come home, they need to also then do sports, have a life, spend time with their family. I think that homework should be left for in school thoughts. I totally agree, totally agree. I can tell you this, Jolie. Fourth grade is all about having responsibility in the classroom and if you don't finish it, then that's when you take it home. So the whole thing is like teaching them to finish it in school. And it has been so stress free having both kids come home and not have any homework to do because we have the sports and all the things, and it's it's been great. Yeah, Oh, it's been a dream this year. That's great. Can't imagine y'all even having homework. That's wild to because they're there so long. Yeah, I mean that just it seems like last year it was like so much for joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ramsey does have it. This year, it's a little bit less, and I mean, really, you just have to do it in a week, so it's not terrible. You can do a little bit at a time, but to just not have to think about it just would be amazing. I've noticed this year for Emmy eighth grade, she's had a lot less homework, a lot more tests, a lot more quizzes and studying, but a lot less homework and it's just still so much less stress.
Speaker 2: I think I wish that, And I don't know if this teachers will blow me up in the DMS for sure, but I wish that they would take those homework pieces and they would start to make some sort of summer curriculum may not be a popular opinion, but if you don't use it, you lose it. So we do a tiny bit of school every week at home during the summer, just to like so we're not like cold Turkey, And I just think it would be a much better Okay, Jollie was, but no, like you know, I hear what you're saying. Just take a tiny bit and they could do like a worksheet in the morning or something throughout the summer just to keep it bak sassah less homework. Jolie was supposed to do summer school and her teacher was even like decline it because she's like they they need that break for their little brains, you know, not like full blown school, just like brain warm up once a day. I'm probably I think I know where you stand on this. But Jolie had come home with a a not so great grade on her test and she had folded it up so that I wouldn't see it in her binder, and I was like, oh, why is this folded? I looked and I go, oh, good job. Girl was like it's all good. She's like, you're not mad. I was like, no, it's like you're fine, Like it's you know, this isn't You're not going to not be successful in life because you got a sixty percent on a fourth grade percent math test like that. I have that like is just do better try, you know, just that's what we want to work it out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I have weight, we carried so find I have to say I've learned a lot about that, Like I've come a long way when it got pretty okay, The problem is is I started with Kayden, who has never he's made bad test grades, but he has never made less than an A on a report card. Okay, and then I finally after sixth grade year, I was pretty hard on Emmy, and so I kind of lessened up last year, but I was still and this year I'm just it's fine, like, hey, let's make sure we're studying. As long as you're studying, you know. I've I've loosened up a lot. And I feel bad because she still kind of has that like reaction of like, oh no, are you going to be mad at me? And it really makes me feel bad that I did react when she had some bad grades. Now, if it's not turning stuff in, if it's zero's why I don't like. I don't you know, I don't tolerate that. But if there's a reason for it, I definitely have. I've gotten better about it. Yeah, I've definitely had to loosen up on that a little bit for sure.
Speaker 2: And I think, honestly the dyslexia piece has helped me. Not because it's like she's got she's the brain's working against yourself, so it's like she knew more helpful. I'm not going to get I'm not going to discourage that now. Of course, same thing. If she's failing at everything, then there's a deeper issue to like chat about. But and I will say it with my parents. They didn't care at all, which I think I didn't like. I wish they would have cared a little bit about it, because then I just kind of gave up. Yeah, as opposed to so I would have liked them to. But at the same time, if they were really is hard on it. I mean again, I knew I wasn't going to be doing anything with schooling. I was like out Hollywood here and I still count on my hands and it is what it is. It's fine, you're successful. Anyways. Do you guys see that stuff about Dean and Tory No, the so he's they're you know, going through their ongoing divorce. The finances, He basically claims, toy makes this much a month a new divorce bowling as he reveals over twenty thousand dollars of debt. I don't know if they're like reworking the figures or that part. I'm not like too sure about. It's I never like seeing people's breakdowns of things. I don't I didn't like it when our stuff when public and it.
Speaker 1: Makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: It makes really uncomfortable, And I don't want to know about what his girlfriend is like a month and like first of all that's she shouldn't be a part of any thing anyways, Like just as I'm not a part of any you know, when it comes.
Speaker 1: I don't know why she was brought into this.
Speaker 2: I have confusing to me, no idea actually feel bad for the girl that she was even brought into it. But I just yeah, I mean the whole thing. I just honestly, anytime I ever read any of that stuff, it's just like it kind of triggers me. I'm like, I don't I don't even want to. It's like the feeling you guys, I'll probably regret saying this. It's the same feeling when you accidentally walk into someone on the in the bathroom, Like I'm like, oh, I shouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be It's like none of our business, of our people's answer, it's just not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like, I don't you know, she shouldn't be punished for being successful. She has the kids ninety percent of the time, you know. I don't know if I really don't know if he's like trying to get more money. I have no idea. I guess I didn't really look that much into it. But I just feel like this has been going on a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just I think the moral of this whole thing is truly we don't want to have a huge opinion on it because we don't. It's we don't feel like it's our business. Yeah, and really don't want to get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: When I saw that headline, I was just like, I don't want to know this, Like I don't let them work it out, let them figure out.
Speaker 2: I even feel like when we've gone through this with you, we didn't know those things finances and yeah, yeah, like you're like.
Speaker 1: Our don't talk about your finances kind of person, very old school of you. I'm very like Nick and his sister used to talk about finances, like in the beginning, and she still talks about finances, but I'm like not comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think you should ever talk about finances with family. Yeah that's kind of my Yeah, talk about it with your husband, but like even and sure agreed, but when it comes to family and stuff, like, I don't think anybody in my family has any clue and I don't want to tell anything. It's just I sometimes want to tell ours because I'm like I think you guys think it's a lot more than well no, I mean I remember like when I was touring with like Brad Paisley, and then like my brother's like, oh, you must be making like hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'm like, I am negative.
Speaker 1: Actually, show people are clueless. Yeah, I'm sorry, they're all but man. Yeah. But to me, though, the assumption should be no different. That's what's so frustrating to me. They might be assuming that you're making all kinds of money. What does that make you act differently?
Speaker 2: Like? Why? It does? Depends on how much you're willing to do for them.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, well yeah, yeah I said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But also like in this situation, like and again I don't understand this at all. I don't know if he's coming after more money, so I don't even like but it's I don't like it. I'm i gonna say that, go ahead, I don't like it. This is very old school of me. And I know I'm going down in a ball of flames.
Speaker 1: Already know what you're going to say.
Speaker 2: Damn it. I just don't. I just don't think it is handsome and masculine to go after a woman's money.
Speaker 1: But I can agree with that statement. I also a lot of men who agree with that statement.
Speaker 2: I also a lot of baggage myself from previous relationships where I was the breadwinner and I'm and I remember that being okay with someone, and I'm like now looking back now having a husband that's like a provider, And listen, this isn't that I want presson to be the provider or entire your lives. I truly don't. I have a not so secret mission of retiring him, but I do. I just think it's so handsome and so protective in ways to provide in that way that that's just very icky to me in general. But I don't know everything. But there are dudes like we know that yes, they don't care. No, And I said, because I said, don't you care that you're a man taking like, don't you want to provide for your kids on your own? I don't care. You know they don't. Certain men just that's not don't care.
Speaker 1: I understand if you're like in a financial bind for a time, you have no choice, you need to ask for help because your children could end up on the streets like okay, of course.
Speaker 2: And if you were going taking care of the kids, maybe underbred.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are circumstances where a man needs to swallow his pride and ask for help. Yes, but those men then should be doing everything that they can to get out of that hole and provide on their own.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, what if that was flip though, because people will say, well.
Speaker 1: I know, of course people will say, and here's the deal. I actually am very much an advocate for women getting up out of it themselves and providing for their families. If you're single, you don't have the ability to stay home, you're going to have to.
Speaker 2: I just got to think if I'm in a different situation, and let's say my ex made more money than I did, and you know, I would probably, yeah, I would take the money because if I didn't have, if I wasn't in this situation right where I'm able to and I just have, you know, getting by with the bills, I would absolutely probably take his money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And here's the thing. Nick and I went through this, I mean we before. We did not get divorced, but we had it all laid out and the reality is, and I understand that a lot of people don't get along, but we did it to where it benefited both our children, I mean our children at the end of the day. How much do I need to make sure that they're taken care of? And how much do you need to make sure that they are taken care of. Yes, that's the only way we looked at it, and yes that meant I had to take some money from him, but it was purely thinking about how do I make sure that the bills get paid, how do I make sure that the kids have X, Y and Z. It wasn't just about taking his money.
Speaker 2: I mean, how is this any different than when we're talking about Dean. Maybe he that's what he needs, right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. I can understand for a time. But also if he's needing that much money, then he's going to have to get another job. Yeah, you know, And I was willing to do that. And I understand that. Yes, it is a bit of a Yes, there is a little bit of a double standard on this. I do understand that. But also I'm the kind of person that was willing to go and I even said to him, Hey, if I need to get another job so that we are financially okay. And I understand that everyone doesn't get along, but just being willing.
Speaker 2: Well, I to heare you, because I remember speaking to about this and we were having you know, someone we know was struggling, and he's like, then get a second job. Make that like, if you can't send your kid to school with school money, then get a second job. Ye. And it's like there's just people that would rather just take than from the person that's making the money.
Speaker 1: It's about the effort, yeah, And I'm not saying that he's not making an effort. I don't know, and I don't want to know. And maybe he is, and maybe he just needs that money right now, more power to him. But to me, it's very much about the effort level behind it and not just sitting there and just taking and just accepting how it is.
Speaker 2: I do think it is different though for a man versus a woman. I really do. And I guess that is just my my thing is is old schoolness, yeah, because it's like and I know men like Alan, like he's like, I would never, oh, Nick would rather die than to take money from me. Yeah, And that's it.
Speaker 1: And that's an old school prideful thing for a man too, And that is attractive to us because we all do kind of like that old school mentality. But at the same time, the reason it's kind of been like this and why it's always been is because traditionally, old school wise women would stay home. They didn't have the ability because they would stay home take care of the kids, they didn't have the ability to make the money that they did. So if it's reverse, which is probably kind of rare, I don't know, I don't know the stats. If it's reverse to where you're working, and Mike was completely staying home, wasn't working at all, you know, and had to couldn't go to school, didn't get the schooling, didn't have the chance, and not even them because at that point y'all got married a little bit later. But that's traditionally what it's for. A woman couldn't go to school, she couldn't get a job, she couldn't do those things because she had to stay home and take care of the kids. That's traditionally why that's even setting place was second place. Now it's obviously morphed and changed over the years, and it's just but now I feel like it's gotten so nitpicky about well, this person's making this much and this person's to me, it's just like, can you provide for your children or can you not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And if that person can't and they're taking care of their kids, which it doesn't see he doesn't have a whole lot of time. Sounds like she's got ninety with the kids. Yeah, and then I can understand it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of gray area there.
Speaker 2: Hey Jana, After listening to a recent podcast discussing cheating, I have a question. My best friend has suspected her husband of cheating. She recently took a coworker with her to check up on him at a bar he frequents with friends. When they walked in, he was sitting with a woman and they seemed a little too friendly. When they saw her, this woman took off and ran to the opposite side of the bar, So that reaction said a lot to my friend. Her husband denied it and they have been trying to work on their marriage. They went away over the weekend, and while they were away, my friend received a series of texts from someone using a fake number under my name saying her husband was cheating and calling their two young children awful names. Her husband believes it truly is me and is trying to get my husband to turn on me. He went so far as to send several lengthy, untrue, nasty texts about me to my own husband, my husband, I clearly see this for what it is, his desperate attempt to distract my friend from the truth and put the blame elsewhere. They won't let us see these texts, but her husband keeps saying he knows it's me, and he told my husband his wife is not allowed to speak to me. My friend privately messaged me and said she knows this must be the person he's having the affair with who's behind all this. She's not happy with her husband coming after me, but wants to stay with him. I would never tell her what to do, but I feel like I can't be around her because of the lies her husband is now spreading about me and trying to interfere in my marriage. Now our children are all close friends. I have so much empathy for my friend, but I feel like her husband is so unstable we have no choice but to cut ties. Any advice.
Speaker 1: That's sad, but I agree, Yeah, I don't think you really have much of a choice unless she decides to leave them.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's a way to just not cut ties with the kids. Like I like the idea maybe of her picking up the kids and doing activity so the kids have something that feels a little consistent. Just if they end up do getting divorced. I think the consistency in that friendship.
Speaker 1: It would be hard for me to let my kids, though, go over there if I don't trust him.
Speaker 2: No, I mean like they could get maybe like an off property, like.
Speaker 1: Right, Like I would still offer to take the kids, but if he's doing this in my marriage, I'd have a really hard time then.
Speaker 2: Just protect the kids always.
Speaker 1: And I think that you have to let that friend know how much you love them, but because of that, you have to step away until she can.
Speaker 2: Because that does make it to your own marriage too, you know, like the stress of all you got to protect yourself, energy and all that. Yeah, it's a lot, and yeah he's totally cheating.
Speaker 1: Yeah for me.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine any of our husbands, first of all, go to a bar and sitting with and talking to a girl.
Speaker 1: Like what again, take what information you know? And are you okay with that? Very little information? I mean might not be able to prove more, But do you have one I'm going to a bar sitting super friendly with a woman anyway.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's the whole thing. Like it's like what's tolerated is still inappropriate.
Speaker 1: I know, and they will always convince them. But oh, I was just talking to her right on today.
Speaker 2: Why, Well, it drives me insane because they're just that way and they always stay that way, even after they make their mistakes with their other partners, they continue to do the same. Oh the webs we weave. Yeah so, and I'm sorry that's sucks. That does. Friend Wise, I agree with both the girls are saying, text your friend, say that, try to somehow keep the kids close if possible. I wouldn't have my kids over there, but yeah, drop off whatever your house. And yeah, I'm sorry that is hard, but to yeah, protect yourself, protect your marriage, and hopefully she'll see the light because he's clearly not faithful. Yeah. Yeah, Well, ladies were oot oh gosh, and word, I love you. Bye bye