Speaker 1: It's time to place your bets. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to betting pros, and it is me, Joey p Joe Pizipo. We got a great show for you today, if you can believe it.
Speaker 2: Already a quarter of.
Speaker 1: The way through the Major League Baseball season and it's time to take some temperatures. So we're gonna take a look at some MLB bets thanks to betting pros consensus numbers, We're gonna take a look at the World Series. We're gonna take a look at division winners, or we're even gonna take a look at some MLB awards with a very very special guest and good friend of mine. You can see him every single Sunday on Sportscried with Me joeyp for the last year. How he put up with me for an entire year plus every single Sunday of his life, nobody knows. You could also check him out on The Better's Eye, which is a new show on MLB dot Com. It's also made appearances on MLB Network and some other cool MLB advanced media where they go through the best bets of the day. And you may also remember him and see him currently in the wrestling world calling matches on Impact Wrestling, and of course he was a WWE superstar, but he's always a superstar in my heart. He's the one, the only Matt Striker. Matti bonus time with me. What kind of bet did you lose? That's the question.
Speaker 3: And then the glowing accolades you forgot to include, friend, But fair enough, man, that of all the things I've achieved in my life, I think I'm having the most fun right now. Baseball betting is the thing. Everyone is accepting it, States are understanding it, and I think just as a society collectively, we're looking at it differently. This is fun and this can be done well if you have some inside information.
Speaker 1: So I'm down, man, absolutely, And you know what I should have led with friend, But and I usually like embarrassing you in public too. Yet yet I missed this opportunity. I'll be sure on Sunday to do it again. But Matt and I do a show every Sunday together. If you this kind of banter on sports grew from eight to ten am every single weekend, recapping the week that was a Major League baseball and looking ahead. And I think that new show you've got right now, The Better's Eye is terrific.
Speaker 2: You and Keith do a phenomenal job on it. I have seen it. You guys are crushing it.
Speaker 1: And like Matt said, I mean, betting on baseball now is such an acceptable thing, which is such a culture shock. I don't know about you, but coming from this world where all betting on baseball was such taboo to now on the bottom of MLB network, when you get the starting pitchers, you get the lines for the games, isn't that a little culture shock for you?
Speaker 4: Two? Yes and no.
Speaker 3: Again, As a society, we're moving to systemically remove things or remove things that we interpret to be systemic part of me. So with that said, there's good and bad in everything. But when you look at the joy of wagering on baseball, using math, using knowledge, using fandom, there is nothing back room about it. There is nothing wrong with it. So I think, with that regard, if that's the culture shocked, then good, let that shock dissipate. It's about knowing that Clay Ray really hits that slider seventy three percent of the time, and picture A really throws that slider.
Speaker 4: Here's some money on math.
Speaker 1: Ah, money on math from the teacher, from the former professor. I love that money on math. That's gonna be his new hashtag and all right, stuff like, so write it down.
Speaker 2: Get it in there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start with some player futures here for MVP, and we'll start in the American League. The consensus betting pros number is plus one sixty for Mike Trout. He is still the favorite and still a wide favorite at that. It varies in place to place, but typically one sixties about that number you're getting, You're getting Shoyotani now creeping in is the number two consensus at plus seven hundred, Vladgermero at ten to one, and then young Carlos Stanton after this incredible hot two weeks that he's put together at plus eighteen. Now, Stan would be a great story for MVP, but we all know all the injuries are concerned Byron Buxton just a week ago before his injury was actually the number two or three guy, and my guy show Hao Tom. He's still sticking around now. I know he's got to start tonight. We'll see how that goes. But is it still Trout or the field for you? And is there somebody in the field that you think right now is set up as a good wager, is it Otani because he's so unique at seven to one.
Speaker 3: So I was really excited when you text me to tell me the content of this discussion, because when you make futures, especially on divisional winners, and we're going to talk about that. I have a particular system that I've used. It seems to work as far as individual awards. Yes you have your chalk guys, and yes you can throw down on them at the beginning of the season, a quarterway through the season, halfway through the season, so on and so forth, barring injury. But this is such a thickle category you mentioned Otani. No one really had a grasp on what this was going to look like, and we still don't because the pitching is still in question, and that definitely lends itself to this conversation. I got like, Vlade Guerrero is a guy that I think people would be looking at before a first pitch was even thrown, and you're.
Speaker 4: Continue to look at him.
Speaker 3: Is there anyone else that's creeping up that you can say, hmm, maybe maybe be careful with the maybies you're giving your money. Snake shock in these MVP and cy Young type of plays until someone really emerges that you didn't see coming. Because again, if you're watching shows like this, chances are you know who these players are. The guy waiting for the bus might not, and that's whose money we're taking.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, it's a look to me.
Speaker 1: When Otani was it I think twenty to one or fifteen to one in most places before the year, that was the time to take a shot on it.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: You know you lay one hundred on that. That's a lovely return because he has something that nobody else can offer, which is that two way player thing. It's just a matter of whether or not he can be good enough at both to really make that sort of headway. And it's so ironic that the favorite is the guy on his own team, which we often say, oh, it's so hard to separate when you have two guys on the same team. But right now, Jared Walsh might be the best angel swing in a bat currently, So who knows what's going on. Let's go to the National League side. A little bit of a wrinkle here lately because de Gram, who you and I have been talking about as a possible MVP candidate. He goes to the IL, but Ron Lacuney is still the favorite plus two seventy five. De Grom still can census around eight hundred. Some places might even take that down depending on the injury. Right now and wait and see what goes on. Tatis is at plus eight to fifty and then my boy Juan Soto has floated all the way at ten to one.
Speaker 2: So here's my question.
Speaker 1: We know this is a narrative award, a media award. Matt Striker, do you think that this whole to Fernando Tatis playing through this shoulder injury, this very intense injury. If the Padres do continue to play well and the Dodgers continue to play under expectations, and let's say something magical happens where the Padres are right there even last week or two of the season with them, is Tatus at plus eight fifty. The way to get in right now on that, because that is a narrative that certainly plays.
Speaker 4: It does, but again, please use logic and not emotion. I grew up with four sisters.
Speaker 2: Yes, how did you ever get out? Where was any of the logic?
Speaker 4: So it's all aside.
Speaker 3: Actually, there are times where where rule with your heart is the right thing to do, but in this regard it's not.
Speaker 4: Let's not get philosophical. I think you make up a great point here, though.
Speaker 3: If it continues to be the way it is and the padres are there at the end of the conversation, in a perfect world both soda and akunya are at least somewhere on a portion of someone's tongue in this conversation, then yes, I can certainly see people saying, wow, I got in on tatoos at that number right in the middle of May. I'm the smartest person in the world. The thing about the nl MVP race is that there was always going to be three or four places where you could put a chip.
Speaker 4: Now you're trying to narrow it down.
Speaker 3: There's still three, maybe four places you can put a chip.
Speaker 4: Let's have this conversation again.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I'll come back on maybe June first, because right now I'm walking past this table and I want to put a chip down. I just don't know where to put that chip. So I've learned in my years on this planet. I put that chip back in my pocket. I wait, let these players show me something I can't show them anything.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Acunya has done that much to separate himself that much from the herd, which is kind of interesting to me. That's actually the chalk is the one I like the least amount here, Whereas that's why I kind of go towards Tatis, because you know, the first week back, everybody was questioning, oh, my goodness, is gonna work? And then he's been hitting home runs. He looks like tattis maybe two hands on the bat is.
Speaker 2: Actually a good thing. Who would have thought that?
Speaker 1: And you know what a Juan Soto? Yeah, and fundamentally it is. And then there's one soda at the ten to one. Who I mean right there, he was at the beginning of the season, right neck and neck with all these guys.
Speaker 2: So this is an interesting time and Matt's kind of right here.
Speaker 1: National League really hasn't shown itself enough yet where there hasn't been even a clear separator, and the guy that they got at the top, I don't know how much of a separator he is. Speaking of tight races too, you've got al Cy Young's pretty tight right now. Plus one fifty for Garrett Cole, plus three twenty five for Shane Bieber, and then plus four fifty for Tyler Glass, now with a ten to one Carlos Rodon, who's got a better er than anybody, and may and d be the leader for comeback player of the Year. But in your opinion, does he have a shot here at cy Young? I mean, statistically speaking, he's right there with these guys, if not better in some categories. But Bieber, Cole, Glass and I will certainly get a lot more pub I feel like.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent. Now your feelings are correct. It goes back. Sometimes ruling with emotion is a good thing. So but again, look at the calendar man middle of May. If Rodn gives me sixteen and eight and an era under four and the no hitter and no one else is really lights out, Oh my goodness, gracious, Like for some reason, if Cole or Bieber falter in their last six starts I'm making it up, then maybe, But do you see how far fetched even the it is, the illogical pontification is but interesting on numbers. And this is what I've learned, especially now that betting is becoming more and more public, and more and more people are putting their eyes and their talents on it. Look at Cole's number and look at Bieber's number. It's pretty much double, isn't it. You mentioned it's.
Speaker 2: Fifty plus three twenty five. It varies in some spots.
Speaker 4: But you're right. So think of what the book is saying.
Speaker 3: Now, is that so much on the picture or is it about the win equity and the team that they're on. And if that's the case, was Cleveland is Cleveland? Who you thought they were in April or March? You have to ask yourself that question. The Yankees are exactly where they're supposed to be in May, so I get why that numbers there.
Speaker 4: But the Bieber thing, it feels too good.
Speaker 2: It feels too good.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that was a problem. I always thought, we want to think.
Speaker 1: So it's a problem, my friend, Oh it's a problem. Okay, there's always something. It's always a catch every single time, all right. So when we're looking at the AlSi young and again, this is why you go to betting pros, because if you like Bieber, there's some spots, like, for instance, on Fandle, you can get them at plus three eighty.
Speaker 2: Right now, that's that's great, And.
Speaker 1: That's why Betting Pros is so good because you get that opportunity to say, well, I kind of like this, where can I find the best odds? And again I encourage everybody to go to bettingpros dot com to do that, because that's how you kind of find the best book for the best bet that you want to put out there. Let's move and switch gears here to the Nash for a second, if we may. And obviously the National League de Grom has been so dominant, but now we have a little bit of a question that's creeped in here with this injury. Now Mri was clean, they say they're gonna give him a real Iyel stint instead of trying to short term it. We'll see if that rectifies the problem. Minus won thirty six is the consensus betting Pro's number for him. Corbyn Burns is at five to one. He is just now coming back from his COVID stint, and then you got basically Trevor Bauer thirteen to one and Aaron Nola thirteen to one. Now, Aaron Nola has pitched incredibly well this year, and I feel like nobody's really talking about it. It's kind of why the Phillies have hung around where they have in the standings, and Corbyn burns. We all know how good he's been, so right now is it a matter of wait and see on this de gram health or do you want to take action now and maybe go with somebody not name Jacob de Gram before possibly this number starts to shrink if de Gram misses any significant time or struggles on his return.
Speaker 3: So this is what the sharks or the smart people in the betting world are talking about. I think it was just yesterday Keith, myself and Colin Wilson were talking about it on the Better's Eye and yes, now is the time to see where you can get some value. I believe was Colin brought up look at Brandon Woodriff, maybe for a hot session. See if everything's starting to melt away. Who remains standing? I posited Jack Flaherty. His whip is just.
Speaker 4: To tick over one. I think like one point two. Maybe that's the last start.
Speaker 3: But these are some guys that when everyone else falls away, should de Gram be injured and miss.
Speaker 4: Some time, and I don't want to say it's like, don't say no hitter.
Speaker 3: These are the names you gotta start to look at and they're gonna have some nice plus numbers right next to their names.
Speaker 1: So now's the time to start shopping. I like it shopping, But you put stuff in the cart. Maybe you're not the check out yet?
Speaker 2: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: Sure? How many times have you done that? I mean, listen, in college, I used to go shopping under the influence. I don't you get that?
Speaker 3: And you realize how much mine do I have? Do I need seven box of the fudge covered Oreos? Yes, let's put back the milk and break you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You choose important choices. Actually, I'm going food shopping right after this show is oil yea. I will pick you up a box for sure. All right, let's switch gears here and talk about some teams. Let's do a little al East. The Yankees still the favorites at minus one twelve, the Red Sox plus three point fifty, wh've had a really good start that I think surprised a lot of people.
Speaker 4: And then you've got the.
Speaker 1: Blue Jays of four to twenty five and the Rays who are in the World Series last year plus five hundred.
Speaker 2: Now, the thing with.
Speaker 1: The Rays is you're gonna see Louis Patino start to make some more starts here. He's starting actually today, and we'll see how he continues to ramp up. If he becomes a guy in that rotation consistently, they can add a Wander Franco. The Blue Jays right now still waiting for their big time investment, George Springer to pay dividends. So what do you make of the Al East here? Because the Yankees have gotten back on track, but their pitching is still suspect. I don't think any of these teams has the depth of rotation right now that you really feel good about. So what is the difference maker in this division for you? If you're trying to make a wager.
Speaker 4: So here's full transparency.
Speaker 3: This is how I bet division winners, and this is how I've done it ever since I really learned how to do this.
Speaker 4: So at the start of the season, let's just call a dollar a chip.
Speaker 3: Just for easy, I put a chip down on each team I think within a division has a chance, and then I revisit it four times a year. So at forty games, I then make another play. But during the time every ten games, I go back and I look at the team. So as of for instance, the Yankees. I had a chip down on them on April first. After ten games, I went back and look, I put an X next to them because they weren't performing the way I wanted them to going After another ten games, maybe they are.
Speaker 4: You put a check next to them. Come forty games.
Speaker 3: The team that I originally had intended upon has as many checks upon it as it should. I double down on that team, and that's a good way to look at it. So with the Yankees, they weren't doing it in April, but I knew that here's may check check check. Continue to double down on them as far as depth and things like that, they'll find a way. They're the The Blue Jays are the team I had so many x's next to them. I was disheartened. Here come those check marks. Nate Pearson did not have a good start. That troubles and worries me. But on the other side, a lot of these guys are stead Look at Marcus Simi and he has an amazing on base streak that no one is talking about. La Guerrero is coming alive, Boba Sheet's doing what he should do, and Kevin Bigio's bad hasn't even woken up.
Speaker 4: Yet I'm sure it will.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at these odds and seeing there's ways I can make some money here. The cream will always rise to the top show you know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what.
Speaker 1: I like what you're saying too, of making small incremental investments over time, because that does kind of allow you to have exposure. But at the same time, like you're saying, if you really like one thing it's going well, you continue to double up on it. And I think that is a great way over the long period of time. Let's see how that affects the central and how you want to do this one, because this one chuck me. I was White Sox from the beginning of the year and they were not the favorites, and I said, this is insane. The White Sox should be the favorites. They've lost Louise Robert, they have lost Elia Menez, yet they still continue to win games and they are still the consensus favorite minus two hundred. Cleveland's at plus three fifty, Cleveland has a hard time I feel like generating runs outside of home runs. Ramirez and Franmil are hitting outside of that, it's kind of tough for them. If they're not hitting Dingers and then the Twins who you know, Kent tamai Ada struggle.
Speaker 2: You know, kier Lof came.
Speaker 1: Up for a hot minute and got hot and then he went on the il. The Twins number has dropped all the way to plus eight hundred. Now that is very tempting because the Twins historically are always around. But I'm still kind of just sticking with the White Sox. I think the time to bet the White Sox has passed. Personally, I think it was before the season. What do you think right now? Is there some case you want to make for Cleveland or Minnesota or is it just already a White Sox division to lose?
Speaker 4: How do you know? I'm not all in on the Tigers? How do you know?
Speaker 1: I don't think I've been hitting ahead with a lot of chairs. That's the only thing I know that is that is that is what.
Speaker 3: I got, because I'm gonna lose my thought because of that, as well as all those happened in college. Okay, Chicago, you talked about losing a player and so on and so forth. Yeah, but gaining Michael Kopek and Dylan Seese have been wonderful. The public is just learning about them again, people like you and I we knew about them. So yes, that money remains what I call true. The true event is there. The team you're seeing that is the team. Okay, Cleveland, Find me anyone that could tell you before our first pitch was thrown to start the season that this is going to be a team that was going to come back and have an astronomical plus run differential in the final six innings of every game. These they have been the comeback kids along with the Red Sox. All right, the bullpen had problems and then Class A stepped up and now everyone is starting to step in line here. Yes, I hear you as far as the offense goes, but nobody saw this team. And if Bieber can continue to do what he does, and Soavali please sack something that Tristan McKenzie's a bright spot, they could be there.
Speaker 4: Man, the Al Central is fickle. Look at the Royals.
Speaker 3: Did you think they were gonna do what they've done in the first half of the season. I know they're riding an eight game losing streak right now, but still there's no way you can handicap this division like that. And that's the beauty of baseball his name, right, that thing I think you did.
Speaker 2: It's it's class A. You said it in a very class A way. That's all they need.
Speaker 1: But the Cleveland Indians have the pitching, as you're pointing out, too, and over time that's what wins out, whereas Minnesota's back of that rotation can be spotty at times. In ma Ada hasn't been the same guy who was last year. Well hopefully last start. Is that back on track and things are gonna go better for him. Let's move to the west for a second and talk about the Athletics, who are even.
Speaker 2: Right now in betting pros.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting because they went on that incredible tear. And then, of course, like everything in baseball, it's a game of streaks.
Speaker 2: You hat the highs and the lows.
Speaker 1: Right, the Astros are plus one ten and the Angels that are at plus six point fifty as the betting pros consensus number. Now I ask you this match striker six point fifty right now. You know the Angels did kind of jettison pool holes and you know Dylan Bundy hasn't been great, but Walsh has been terrific. I know Rend has the knee issue, but Otani and Trout, You know, it's funny. It's like these two giant stars, along with Walsh, have really kind of carried this team. Is this an intriguing number to you at six point fifty? Because the Astros have been a lot of up and down. They can't seem to get everything right at the right time. They get this going, and then that falls apart starting catching good, the offense goes away. You know, any guys on COVID lists and all this stuff's going back.
Speaker 2: And forth with them. Are the Angels the sneaky wager in this division? Right now? At six point fifty?
Speaker 4: This is gonna sound like a terrible answer. It's a great way to start an answer.
Speaker 3: But putting the Angels in a vacuum, You've got to come back to me after the six game stretch that they are on right now. So it's encouraging to see what they did against the Dodgers. Now they go on a six game stretch against teams that are either first or second in their respective divisions. I believe a Boston All Glenn Cleve. But watch these games, folks, if you're on the East coast. So I'm in New York, Queens New York. So some of these games you can really see a lot about a team. Look at their bullpens, look at how they play matchups. Then come back if this number is still there after the six game stretch, which is not going to be, but if you can find it in a nice, favorable, desirable place with.
Speaker 4: Some pitching, I'm not doing it, but I could see how a lot of people are gonna get on this team.
Speaker 1: I think it might be if you like him at all, this is the time because before after the stretch, if things go well for them in the next let's say six to ten games, that number is probably gonna get cut in half. I think there's a real good chance that's going to happen. And here's the thing, you know, we mentioned all these American League teams. The Yankees, of all these teams, is actually in the best position because not only can they afford to pay anybody they want because they're the Yankees, but they can also they have enough depth in that organization to make a move for somebody. And that's where I kind of worry about teams like the Angels. I don't know if Joe Adele plus plus is enough to get a deal done.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is.
Speaker 1: There's a couple guys in that system I'm looking at, you know, the Indian system. They're not gonna deal some of these young guys because they're a smaller market team. So the Yankees are kind of in the driver's seat. And obviously they're still the favorite for the American League. And I can understand why, because again, you control their own destiny if you're the Yankees, because you have the best of both worlds, and it's not a sixty game season anymore. Now from the National League standpoint, we're in the East here with the Mets are still favorites at.
Speaker 2: Plus one fifteen. I don't know how this is true, but it is.
Speaker 1: Then you got the plus one eighty with the Braves and the plus four hundred with the Phillies.
Speaker 2: The Nats have clearly struggled here.
Speaker 1: They haven't been able to get on track in Strasbourg being hurt and Corbyn being bad. I just think the Nats have now gone by the wayside. We know it was boom er bust for the Nats. So now there are three as great as the Marlins pitching is, we're realistic. Now there are three Phillies, Braves, Mets. The four to one Phillies are an interesting wager here because Wheelers pitch pretty well. Nolah's been lights out. But I don't understand how the Braves are not the favorite here. Plus one eighty, I think this is a great simple investment. You can put a large number on that. Do you feel confident in the Atlanta Braves at what you've seen because guys like Yonoah and Anderson have stepped up when guys like Freed and Morton have struggled.
Speaker 4: Braves in the team. I've been saying it since April. They're just built for it.
Speaker 3: And again in April as a better as a gambler. You know, the dogs barked, they ate. It's April, like it's the first time you're doing this. Totally cool, come along and you know, be our friend because we love that. But there are people that have been doing this for all that understand it's April. Joe, you and I talked about Everyone was all about Francisco and or Francisco and Door.
Speaker 4: It's April. He's historically bad in April. The Yankees are an older team. It's April. Give it. It's like an older car. Give it a chance. To warm up.
Speaker 3: The Braves are my team here and I've always said that, you know, has been a great, great revelation for them, both with the bat and with the arm. And yeah, to your point, like like Morton hasn't been doing what they thought he would be able to do, at least in the last two starts. Give this whole team time. They're going to be there, and don't count out Washington just yet.
Speaker 1: Man, well, I gotta eat some crow here in the Central because you know me, I was very pro Milwaukee going into the year. But now that Christianelwich came back for one day and went back on.
Speaker 2: The il, I'm out. It's over. I'm out. This lineup is not enough.
Speaker 1: They didn't do enough outside And the problem is now, if you don't have Yellich and you're not playing good baseball and you're not scoring runs, it doesn't matter how good the pitching is, because what happens is now you're at a deficit because you can't justify moving more young pieces to bring you more pieces.
Speaker 2: And it's almost like chicken in the egg.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you don't have Yelick playing well and you're not things are going well, how does the organization justify going out there making a trade for a trade man seat you're bringing in somebody like that. So right now, the Cardinals are at plus one ten, the Brewers minus one twenty, the Reds are at eight to one, and I know it's the Reds, and I know they've got a whole host of problems, but they've also got an incredible young pipeline of pitching. Molly's been great, Sonny Gray's been really good, Wade Miley just threw a freaking no hitter, and Luis Castillo we all know eventually is going to write the ship. At least I feel pretty confident in that. Then you've got an offense here where Suarez hasn't hit it all, Cassianos has been good, Mustakus. I mean, this is a really good team. I know it's a long shot. It feels like the Cardinals division to lose at plus one ten, and I think this is gonna be a minus number by the time we hit June.
Speaker 2: Like the Cardinals, I think this is your last shot. Do you agree.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing about divisional winners. You have to trust your baseball knowledge. And again, if you're just out there listening to there's A thousand and one shows like this, Let's just be honest.
Speaker 2: As what you and I are doing.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. Exactly who's telling you? Where have they been? One have they done? So you have to look when things are backed up by math.
Speaker 3: You can't beat that, Okay, I'm sorry you can't.
Speaker 4: The Cardinals are built for this division. Everyone knows it.
Speaker 3: So yes, at some point that number is going to get even and it might even drop into the minus.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Sorry, love and math always win. There you go. That's what it is, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's let's hit the West two horse race. Here, the Dodgers met minus four hundred. Now that number has.
Speaker 2: Been adjusted a little bit after this bad stretch for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: It's the weird bit.
Speaker 1: And then you got the Padres of plus two point fifty here. Now, the Padres are a fascinating team because Snell's pitched poorly, but Joe Musgrove has kind of given you what you thought Snell was going to. I don't know what the heck's gonna happen with Lamette and Paddock. I hope that Paddick comes back healthy, is good. I'm terrified Lamette's of Tommy John waiting to happen. The good news is they've got some other guys like Weathers, and they've got some other guys like Mackenzie Gore who might.
Speaker 4: Be able to step up.
Speaker 1: But the Padres are all in the question is can they catch the Dodgers. I know Bellinger is on his way back. Is this just to stay away here in this division? Or do you like the Padres? Chances of catching the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Depends on what kind of better you are. Are you conservative then yeah? Sure? Ooh, I don't know what likes?
Speaker 3: Are you aggressing off looking in on everybody? Are you the contrarian? The San Francisco Giants have disrupted everything in that division. The San Francisco Giants have disrupted everything for the last forty five days in baseball.
Speaker 4: Just go look at their.
Speaker 3: Numbers and tell me that anyone thought they were going to do that. I'm still waiting for the market correction. I personally, I think it's coming right. I mean, it's just baseball again. Guys are always gonna do with the back of their baseball car tells you they're gonna do at least nine and a half times out of ten. But the Giants have disrupted everything here now, so look for them to pull and tug on those Padre and Dodger numbers. And if you can catch them where they're being pulled on, and it puts you in a good spot. Like Joe was talking about, there's ways to get the best line. Take advantage of it. Man, Please, being ignorant during the time of information is a choice.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: That is good stuff right there. And you're right man, that giant's pitching. Where'd that come from? Alex Wood, Kevin Gossman. I mean, it's just it's crazy. And every night somebody goes out there and they're just, you know, spinning good baseball games despite all the injuries they've had at different times.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the big one here. Right now, the consensus favorite for the World Series is still the reigning, defending, undisputed Los Angeles Dodgers at plus three twenty five. The Yankees are at seven to one, which I think is a fascinating number. That's a pretty big number right now. Consensus wise, it's still early. The Padres at plus eight to fifty, who have the pitching in a short series and they could get very hot. The Mets are at plus nine, and then before we get to the long shots, the other plus US nine is the White Sox. So these are kind of the favorites under ten to one. Where would you put a chip and how would you do it?
Speaker 2: At this point?
Speaker 1: Have you seen enough out of any team to feel like I'm confident this team is going to be there through the regular season and is built for the postseason.
Speaker 2: Who stands out to you?
Speaker 3: So when I did my World Series futures, I put two chips, one on an AL team, one on ANL team. I didn't have any secondary teams. And it remains the same to this day, and I'm actually getting ready to double back on it. Yankees, Atlanta Braves, Okay, built to do it. They've been there, they understand it. When everything else falls away, I think that's going to be the World Series.
Speaker 1: Well if you do like that, because right now, the consensus number on the Atlanta Braves. Who was the first one in the quote long shots fifteen to one. Now, the Braves historically they've been that great regular season team, but they fail all the time in the short series. What is about this team that you think is different this year?
Speaker 4: You and I have talked about this a lot.
Speaker 3: The games completely changed now it's about having three stud starters and then a bullpen and playing matchups. Atlanta had that at least on paper in April, and I do believe they still have it and never rule out that late season acquisition. With that said, when it comes down just the minutia to the micro, just think the organization and the team is better suit than anyone else. And yes, I understand the Dodgers are the chalk, but I'm in this to make money.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, baby, that's what we're in.
Speaker 1: And speaking of making money, where can everybody check out The Batter's Eye? I know it's on every single day now, right, they've actually got you working like five days a week. I didn't know you were a guy to do that kind of Thing's not work all right?
Speaker 2: So what's going on? When is the show every day that people can catch it?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's awesome, So it's BETTER'SI It's on MLB dot Com. It's also on at MLB Picks six pm Eastern time.
Speaker 4: We're alive.
Speaker 3: Never know what any of us are gonna say or do, and we do something called walk off winners at the end of every segment we give our best bets for the day. I'm happy to say, Man, as of right now, I'm like ten games over five hundred four or five games over five hundred. We have guests coming in all the time, the guys coming over from Vegas vs. In City, Matt Veskurcheon's been on the show. It's just it's great to have all those resources there because you have information and as Newman said, you control the man.
Speaker 4: You control in misshow.
Speaker 1: There's no way we're getting out of the show together with at least one Seinfeld reference and all these guests.
Speaker 2: Yet, Hey, I don't remember being asked to be on the show. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just sit in the chair.
Speaker 1: And when you sit at the top of the show, you said your words were my friend.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no invitations for your friend. But again, I see what this was.
Speaker 4: I see what this was. This is all just showed me. Now I got a shat.
Speaker 2: Oh Lord.
Speaker 1: On that note, let's remind everybody you can follow Matt on Twitter, even though he doesn't care at a sleep on the beach, and you can also again check him out on the Better's Eye every day on MLB dot com. And you should also check out Impact Wrestling where he's calling some fantastic matches with.
Speaker 2: D Lo Brown.
Speaker 1: Some really cool stuff going on to Impact right now, and of course Mattie Striker Joey p Sunday mornings, get a cup of coffee, you know, and watch a little Diamond Bets with Matt Striker myself on Sports Grid eight a m. Eastern to ten, two hours of baseball talk. Maddie, I want to thank you so much for taking the time out today to join us on betting Pros to talk a little baseball and we'll check in with you again soon. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Matt Striker.
Speaker 2: I'm joe Piezopia. We'll see you next time, gibbz