Speaker 1: Hello, Hi guys, Hello, Hello, Oh welcome to the Unofficial Expert with Sydney and Marie.
Speaker 2: Wow, feeling great? Are you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why I felt like a little technician over here?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well they don't care about the backstory about that tech is boring.
Speaker 2: It is so boring.
Speaker 1: And Steve Job's now listening to this, and okay, neither is the dude who replaced him Steve's other job.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Hey, Marie, how are you doing? Are doing really well?
Speaker 1: I don't know why my throat decided that we're going to go back to all day morning voice, but that's what my throat is doing now.
Speaker 2: I feel so congested. I don't feel congested. I'm just confused.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, But like you know how, sometimes if you don't use your voice for a long time, the first person you speak to gets like your full morning voice. Happened to me yesterday and then it never went away.
Speaker 2: Do you hear this? It just started yesterday? Yes.
Speaker 1: I called the dentist to make an appointment and they're like, what's your name and like and she's like, I'm sorry, it's a little bit muffled. I was like, no, just that's just my thoat.
Speaker 2: I mean you.
Speaker 3: Always feel like maya Angelou to me, that's a damn lie. Always are giving me. I did not rise death poetry jam, straight spoken word, raspy voice.
Speaker 2: What happens to a raisin in the sun? Does it whither and weather and die? Phenomenal? Phenomenally? What happens to a dream deferred?
Speaker 1: Yo? We should go to a damn spoken word thing and then do what I think we should just try it.
Speaker 2: Okay, write a poem and then get up there.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: I will put you on the g I will lie Instagram.
Speaker 1: Listen this this, I mean that might not be the hard because white people, when white people do poetry, it don't even be rhyming, and it don't be on beat. Then they have a dusty dread coming in the front, like a dusty drug. Remember that guy that gave us his notebook yesterday, he gave us like his poetry book.
Speaker 2: And this, this is one of the poems in the book.
Speaker 1: Outnumbered, outfunded and pushed to the cliffs, we meet our true selves and found our true gifts.
Speaker 2: This whole poem. That's great. Okay, let me read okay, let me read you another one.
Speaker 1: Make a list of things that make you happy, and make a list of things that you do every day, compare the list, adjust accordingly.
Speaker 2: That's not a poem.
Speaker 3: That's not a poem, but that's one of those like mantra, like something that you say in the date.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we should do at the end of this episode.
Speaker 1: We should make a list of things that make us happy and make a list of all that we do every day.
Speaker 2: And then you know, compare the lists.
Speaker 3: Okay, and also we should just write a little poem, just do a little high coup.
Speaker 2: Can we do that? Okay? You know what a haiku is? No, okay, all right, because I.
Speaker 1: Know what because you said it. It's like a certain amount of lines or a certain amount of beats or something.
Speaker 2: Like that, just like five or something. Yes, so we should do something like that. So you want to go, you want to go all the way?
Speaker 1: You want me to trick all the way to Harlem or the New Yureakan Poets Cafe. You want me to travel for forty five minutes to tell a five syllable play I mean poem.
Speaker 2: I swear to you.
Speaker 3: In Brooklyn they have tons of things like that. I mean, it's gentrified. You know, white people are yeah, but I don't want to go.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do partry of white people like that's not I don't want to do party. You know who's listening to the podcast, I understand, and I want them to know that I don't want to do partry with that.
Speaker 3: I don't you crazy. What were you an expert in this week?
Speaker 1: This week, I was an expert at eating chicken wings. I know it sounds very stipid, stereotypical, but I already did a really good job.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you what happened. Don't judge me, don't.
Speaker 1: I've never called your expertise basic, and you'll be having some real basic expertise on this podcast. I was an expert at being a good friend like that. That's that's the stuff that you say here, And I've never called you basic.
Speaker 2: Basic.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's hard to be a good friend, girl, But it's hard for me to be a good friend to you because you say basic. Step you see, you say hurt you continue. So I had chicken buffalo wings like three days in a row. Me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we were that's worts this even though we were together Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Saturday night I was walking down the street and this this this little cool dude was like, hey, how you not going.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's going well.
Speaker 1: And then fast forward to us exchanging information and then two days later he got me chicken, but I was with Sydney.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Sidney third wheeled the chicken third.
Speaker 1: Wheeled, and I actually was the one that was like, we should only have ten.
Speaker 3: He was like, I want to get my own. I was like, what, these are some big wings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was.
Speaker 1: He was from La and he was like, it's a lot of money for like a little bit of wings. And Sydney was like they ont be big. And they came and we could barely finish. But I was like, nigga, you on a corporate card.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. He did drop his gold American Express. You got the corporate card, dude.
Speaker 1: He paid for all the wings and then he was like after you left. Sydney was like, I'm only going to stay and have one wing and then I want to go home. Six wings later, Shut up. Sydney's still there sucking on her fingers.
Speaker 3: His napkin was so nasty, and our napkins were so clean because we were sucking our fingers in public.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're allowed to suck your fingers if like it's like they're full of saw us.
Speaker 3: We were in Palla's BBQ, so everybody is sucking their fingers.
Speaker 1: Were this is and he just kept using the barbecue wipes and we were like, I use those.
Speaker 2: At the end, I was like, are these wings imported? And then yeah, these free rings? Yeah Texas Wings.
Speaker 1: I was like, they these wings taste real Connecticut is right. They taste like they had four oh one k or someeven very cornish hen ish. And then the next day I was I was in the city with my cousin, our jobs expert, and we jumped on the train and we looked to the left and my little sister was on the train and she was like, wat y'all do? And we were like, wat y'all that one? And then Andrew was like, do you have food at the house? And I was like, Andrew was like midnight, I'm not. You can't come to our house and eat and leave like you always do. And my sister was like, I want wings. And Andrew was like, oh, it's Tuesday. Buffalo Wall Wings has half priced wings every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: And we were like, what time they closed?
Speaker 1: Loud, just being loud and ignorant and hungry on the Q train, and they closed that one o'clock in the morning, So we jumped off the train and went back the way we came and got this whole thing of wings, but they weren't as big as the how much weeks?
Speaker 2: It was like twelve? Well I think I paid twelve dollars including tip. Did y'all share wings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we also got milkshakes, but the wings came to like twelve dollars for like eighteen wings. The wings taste better when somebody else is paying for the Dude, they do.
Speaker 2: I was like, I have to pay for my own. I'm like, what kind of is this? The white or the door? Like is this pigeon pigeon wing? What is this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anything tastes better when someone else is paying for it. Like I had a bum as peanut butter and jelly once because somebody else paid for it. I was like, are theyse glue free?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't know how free work.
Speaker 3: Because we went to a stand, a lemonade stand, and they were giving out lemonade, and you were like, do you have like what kind.
Speaker 2: Of does it not? Oh? What just happened. What doesning happened? I can't hear myself anymore, you can't. No, it was this that's not not knowing how free works. You were asking questions. You don't ask no questions, to.
Speaker 1: Ask questions whether it's free or no, absolutely not. See, you don't know how free works. When he's giving you something, that doesn't mean you have to take it to free herbees and you're gonna be like, I'm gonna take these herpies because it's free.
Speaker 3: This is what people would do when they would come to my job, right, I would give them a menu, and this menu is just to give it to.
Speaker 2: Them, like so you to have it. Then they'll like ask for add ons and extras, and I'm like, see that is before we don't know how free works. This is for you. Just take whatever I'm fucking giving you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those are people who don't know how free works. I don't be at your job asking for extra stuff. I'd be like, it is the lady that makes sandwiches back there, like you're like, can I get stuff that's not on the menu today? No, No, I never said that. I said, I said, hold on, hold on, this is but this how the same. I was like, damn, y'all got no wings, and City was like, City was like, I can get you some wings.
Speaker 2: And then you came out with wings.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know y'all had that on the menu. I know, but I didn't ask you for wings. I was like, she yes, but yeah, but I didn't go in there and say I really want some wings from y'all.
Speaker 2: Back there. I just was like, oh, you guys don't have any wings. I don't want anything.
Speaker 1: And then he made the wings a peer and then I was like the next time I went, I was like, I don't want to salad.
Speaker 2: I don't want this. I just want like a regular sandwich.
Speaker 1: But I didn't ask her for it. I just was like, I don't want anything here. And then she made the sandwich peer. I wasn't in there asking for all menu stuff like I was at in and out Burger like I wasn't.
Speaker 2: The next time she came and she was like, is the woman back there making sandwich?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, because I knew that you had the capabilities. I know y'all had that slice chimata bread back then.
Speaker 2: Anyways, you were like, do they have any more a Rooku?
Speaker 1: Look? Can I get I was like, yeah, I don't want the Romaine. I want to butter lettuce them dives in Sydney. I don't think it's called it's pronounced undived. Just so you know it's on deves. Just so, just anyways, Sidney, what were you an expert in this wore bike stuff. I'm really getting into the bike. I've been riding from Brooklyn to Manhattan. I've taken the Brooklyn Bridge, the Manhattan Bridge, the Williamsburg Bridge. I got lights on my bike, I got a bell. I'm meeting new people every day. Uh, and I love it. I just love being on a bike.
Speaker 2: When you say new people, you mean new white people, new black people. We got people.
Speaker 3: First of all, the other day I had a race war on the bridge.
Speaker 2: It was me and this black girl.
Speaker 3: She had like a froz, she was playing her music, she got a little jills goot on, she pedaling or whatever. And then these white dudes pull up on the side of us and they're like hey girls, and they're like, uh huh whatever. And then they look like they were trying to like race us, and I was like, they're not really trying to race us right now.
Speaker 2: And then the other girl was like, oh, they're.
Speaker 1: Ready to race, leus go and I was like, girl, do it for us, do it for us because I can't. So race war means two things in that story. Yeah, because that's not a race war. That's what happened though, But so who won? I don't even know. I didn't make it to the end. They were gone. They were probably already downtown, which.
Speaker 2: She probably dated one of them white dudes. Yo.
Speaker 3: But I'm getting better with just adjusting to being on a bike, like I'm not I'm not trying to take cabs anymore.
Speaker 2: So people, it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: You're so message me on instance story or whatever. They're like, so are you doing bad? Like do you need money? Your uber money ran out wap and it's like your uber money.
Speaker 2: People are distres.
Speaker 3: They just say whatever to me, And I was like, it's fine. But last night I was on the bike and I was on their late it was like one something I had finished seeing y'all or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yip, but who's telling you to drip on the bike at one o'clock in.
Speaker 1: The I bike, I can't leave my bike. Listen, when a white man who who's got cargo shorts.
Speaker 3: On it is like that's a nice bike. Listen, don't leave it. I was gonna leave the bike when we were at the Duplex.
Speaker 2: He's like, the leather on the seat is beautiful. He would have just taken the seat exactly.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me to take the wheel off the fucking bike, and I was like, that's not happening.
Speaker 2: Who's just taking wheels off a bike? Crackheads do that? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: So last night this guy asked me how much when I was like on, I was on the corner.
Speaker 2: Who was he talking about the bike or your vagina?
Speaker 3: I thought he was talking about the bike, but he's talking about me. He thought I was a fucking prostitute. Cross country is selling ass and then getting on a bike.
Speaker 2: That's not that.
Speaker 3: Don't go like if I'm a prostitute, I'm only taking cabs. Why would I be riding around the people's homes.
Speaker 1: Well, you know how, there's like weed delivery, there's like food delivery, there's a pussy delivery.
Speaker 2: You just do it on a bike. There's like seamless for your vagina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but do you know sitting on a bike is damaging. It's going through you.
Speaker 1: Get like a padded bike short that's what I need. I need a padded Any listeners are out there. If anybody want to sponsor bike short companies are listening to this right now, my bike journey, please send them to a five hundred.
Speaker 2: Wow wow.
Speaker 1: Entire actress on the You know what, let's just get started because the guest that we have today would never do that.
Speaker 2: Too cool for that type of behavior. She is a comedian.
Speaker 1: She travels all over the country and kind of any other countries. You're kind of international, all across North America.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: She's uh, she's somebody who's on our show a couple of times.
Speaker 2: She's freaking hilarious, so funny. She's our chill expert. She's our cool cat expert.
Speaker 3: Give it up for Chanel a likay, think.
Speaker 2: Me, chanell Le. It's so good to be here, Chanel. Do you ride a bike?
Speaker 4: I don't except when I go to Governor's Island because they got free bike right now?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, How do they make money if the bikes are free, Well, it's only free before noon. That's that's like a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Those people who are renting bikes afternoon, they're they're they're killing it.
Speaker 2: Well, everybody who is listening to this.
Speaker 1: If y'all want to do like a little unofficial expert meet up at Governs Island before, let's do that.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing little meet up.
Speaker 3: Chanel will be there absolutely, and it's there on time, and we'll be there.
Speaker 2: For three hours. I'll be there chilling like they're not coming, Chanel, How do you get to be so damn calm? Like even your voice is chill? Yeah, I do be chilling. I think it's a lot of things.
Speaker 4: I think I got some like meditative practices that keep me real grounded.
Speaker 2: You know, let's talk.
Speaker 1: About that, like numb some numbia RINGEQ, some numbia RINGEQ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, uh, you know, I listen to Reasonable Doubt every Monday. Reasonable Doubt mondays. You can follow that on Twitter. Yes I do, yes, right, And people people always ask me about that. But I just think, like the wazy Reasonable Doubt album is such like a hustler mentality, Like, yeah, he just captured all of the emotions when you're going through like life changes and you're really hustling and trying to make changes and trying to find peace within yourself.
Speaker 2: So I listen to that every Monday.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about jay Z's album is now compared to that album?
Speaker 4: I think it's like hard to evolve as an artist, especially when you're making projects that they're really gonna judge you on.
Speaker 2: But I think he's still just as dope.
Speaker 4: I think even back then, when you listen to reasonable Doubt, he was like saying fagged and like just you know, doing things that you can't you can't get away with nowadays. But he was a young he was a young man and.
Speaker 2: He was rapping. You know, that was the nineties. Fine, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I think he's a bold a baby blue Vocale Jersey or you in c Jersey.
Speaker 2: He wore Hawaiian shirt.
Speaker 4: Hawaiian shirts dropping in the back of music videos real crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not a jay Z fan, so I really don't really the word really like just in general, I just don't care about him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want I don't want.
Speaker 4: To even give you the wrong idea that I think jay Z is like the greatest rapper of all time or even my favorite rapper.
Speaker 2: But I do listen to reason Doubt every single Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Sidney, you shot I didn't know that you were such a showing Carter fan.
Speaker 2: You never told. You never told the facebooks, you never said the Facebook.
Speaker 3: They were the twitters where there there was a mixtape where I.
Speaker 1: You know, lost my Virginity Too. And it was one of like what it was a mixtape. It was a mixtape. It wasn't no slow jam, it was no not having sex. Jay Z was calling everyone in the room a fact. Yeah wow, it was.
Speaker 3: First of all, it was like Meek Mill featuring, like jay Z featuring like DJ Clue.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of people on that.
Speaker 3: Meek been around that long. Oh no, not Meek Mill. What's another guy that was on there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know your Memphis similar They got similar names.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna it's okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had one track and then I would because of that mixtape, I got into jay Z and I loved him after that.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's a good person to lose your virginity here. I'm just do you remember what song you lost your Virginity too? I'm pretty sure there wasn't music planned. I'm pretty sure from what I recalled. No, it was awkward silence and a twin bed. So the guy was obviously your age like.
Speaker 2: A year older than me. Maybe. Wow, anyway.
Speaker 1: You listen to reasonable doubt all my days? And then what else? How else do you like meditate? Like how do you stay silk seeing?
Speaker 2: I really like live with my headphones on a lot. Also breathe a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you like, when is the last time you really said and concentrated on breathing like I'm concentrating on the air going in and now the air going out.
Speaker 2: We don't really do that.
Speaker 1: We forget to do that shit and your body needs you to reset like that.
Speaker 2: Oh like that's how that's your control all delete? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely as a bicyclist, Well, I always breathe like that, so I didn't really feel like I learned anything from that little exercise.
Speaker 2: But wow, okay you think you better than us.
Speaker 3: I mean I always have to breathe, like especially when you're active, like you're out in these streets, like especially going over the Williamsford Bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's three times that you've done that in your entire life. You're not from New York. Where are you from? I'm from Philly. Yeah, I was born in Camden, which is right outside of phil which is not Yes, you guys know Camden.
Speaker 1: I feel like Camden was like the murder capital, murder murder capital of the y'all know that, Yeah, girl, I read. I mean I don't read, but I know people from people know.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I didn't think y'all would know that. Honestly, that was a couple of years ago that they took that title. But it is very dangerous place.
Speaker 1: Murder capital of the country, the same murder rates as Philly.
Speaker 2: But Philly is a huge city.
Speaker 4: Parison, Camden is very tiny to be, you know, having so many people die. But yeah, I was born in Camden and then I lived in Philly most of my life. I did move around a lot as a kid, but I claimed Philly, Philly's home.
Speaker 2: Philly is home. Okay, Well, what's like?
Speaker 3: You know, Philly isn't a chill place, though I feel like it's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: It's sometimes you be.
Speaker 1: Chilling all mac in, you know, playing be ball outside of the school, and sometimes a couple of guys will be up to no good.
Speaker 2: We wasn't gonna get through this podcast without that song.
Speaker 1: Do you get tired of as a Phillys You how many times in New York when someone brings me on stage, the DJ will play that song as well. Where is West Philadelphia? Like is that even a thing? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's West Philly, North Philly, South Philly. There is no East Philly because that's regular Philly. Yeah well no, that's where the river is.
Speaker 1: Like okay, well whatever, who cares about East Philly? But Philly I like city living, Like I'm definitely I like being in the city. But I do think that New York is like overkilling a lot of aspects.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It's a really freaking is the quality of life in Philly is much more because your dollar goes farther.
Speaker 2: It's not as big, it's not as overwhelmed. Yes, but you might get shot with that long ass dollar I mean, I mean might get shot in East New York.
Speaker 1: I mean, but that's why we don't go there. Yeah, we don't. Who goes to East Listeners? Are you from East New York? Somebody hits out? Now should we start to go fundme so you can get out of East New York. East New York is going to be like the last place to get gentrified if that ever happens.
Speaker 2: That's crazy thought of myself, like knowing what I'm talking about now you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, so but you're in Brooklyn, now, like how did you like, how do you think that Philly helped and you becoming such a chill person? Like do you have like a chill family? Do you have like a lot of friends who like smoke weed? Like talk about that.
Speaker 4: I do have a ton of friends who smoke. We And I think Philly, like the Philly arts scene really shaped and molded me as a young woman.
Speaker 2: Absolutely like.
Speaker 1: To the busks in Philly shut out, I know, like.
Speaker 4: Really talented like painters people who that's all they do is paint all.
Speaker 1: They like.
Speaker 2: To He's so relaxing. He's a really relaxing guy. I think he's dead.
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 2: I think he passed away? Can somebody google? I am death? Death is accusation. She knows about death. It happens.
Speaker 4: Wow, you guys start of the stop telling Women a Smile campaign? Yes, yes, my friend Tatiana started that she was an artist in Philly that I used to see on TV all the time, and I'd be like, why is this girl? Like I just see her out She's always doing this dope shit. And then I just really started surrounding myself around people like that, people who were making art and trying to make a difference in the world, and it really helped me get the courage to be like, man, I think I'm a comedian. I think I need to try this, and so I started hitting open mics and cat calling.
Speaker 2: Is what propelled you with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what We're gonna do a lot of different things, but yeah, just watching people, you know, make a life off of their art. I was like, Wow, I didn't know you could do that, and you are. Then I had really considered for a long Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you are. You're making money as a comic.
Speaker 1: Like that's like your bread and butter basically now, right, But I think you.
Speaker 2: Could really do that in New York City if you're an artist.
Speaker 3: If you there's people who have books on poems and they're making like thousands of dollars and I'm just like, I read that poem, But who's who's buying?
Speaker 2: Who's paying for this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, if you're a painter, if your singer, this is the place to come and make money off.
Speaker 1: But also it's expensive to live here, so you might have to do something else on the side.
Speaker 2: It forces you to hustle. Yeah, forces you, but sometimes we need that.
Speaker 1: If like it was easy to be an artist, then like nobody would be creating anything of value, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons I always say I feel like Philly comics have such a thick skin because Philly is not an easy city to move.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are some comics that game out of Philly? Because I'm in my mind, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, there's no there's Monroe things.
Speaker 1: Because people listening don't know who Monroe Martin, Yes, Derek Games, Kevin Hart, Yeah, you know, I mean, but Kevin and Kevin really like put in the work in Philly.
Speaker 2: Like why would y'all start with Monroe and not say, Kevin Hart, We're just building up to a girl. Damn.
Speaker 1: You can't just you can't just drop Kevin Hart. Should have just said Kevin Hart is from Philly and then like Kevin Hart like calm down, exactly.
Speaker 5: Damn chi children and of course will Smith in his mouth, but also not having kids keeps me chill, oh listen, Just like I reflect on that all the time, like, oh regular.
Speaker 2: Lass, And when I see people have not one.
Speaker 3: But two kids, I'm like, are you really want to have that type of challenge and innocent the summertime.
Speaker 1: Nobody's giving up. They see, so you got two kids on the train and you your shoes heard. When I see women struggle with their stroller to get on the bus, like you're doing worse than me. When I see like newborn babies on the train with that little sock, I'm like, what about their immune system?
Speaker 2: They don't care. Air can't be good for this baby. Baby got mesothelio mal well.
Speaker 3: This is why the babies have thick skin on New York City because of the air and because it's like the transportation. Nobody give a fuck about a baby anywhere, like on a.
Speaker 2: Plane or on a train.
Speaker 3: In the water, it's like women and children first babies whatever they babies, they baby, they'll.
Speaker 2: Float throw down there down. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But having a kid, especially when you see people with like them double wide strollers or the long stroller where the baby, one baby's on top of the other baby, and you're like, dude, you had a bunk bed stroller out in these streets.
Speaker 3: When I was When I was in Central Park and there there were dads on bikes and they had like the little car seat bike seat for the baby.
Speaker 2: I was like, you obviously don't give a fuck about the baby. The baby's in the back of you.
Speaker 1: Like the baby could be gone, somebody could walk up behind, just take the baby out.
Speaker 2: And he would just keep riding.
Speaker 1: Well, you see, I see people walking down the street all the time and like there, I'll come down the street and there'll be a child in front of me and I'm like, who the hell whose baby is this? Yeah, And I look around and the parents will be way ahead or like two blocks back, and I'm like, I'm just letting this baby without a leash walk through these.
Speaker 2: Streets like they don't care. They be in their phone.
Speaker 3: I do think now, when you become a mom, you're gonna be mad chill about it. I absolutely will.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to be I mean I could wait, but you can't wait. Girl.
Speaker 4: I really do want to be a mom at some point. But I think I probably like one of those forty year old moms. It's like, I guess I get started.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's gonna be all of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they're all gonna be there because I listen, I'm gonna be a I'm gonna be Oh, look great, you know, I'm gonna be a Halle Berry mom'na have three baby daddies and all my kids gonna.
Speaker 3: Be different color or an Erica Bado mom. Yes, you know that she's pregnant right now. She's telling people that she's not pregnant, but no, no.
Speaker 2: You got three baby daddy.
Speaker 3: Holly berry Berry is pregnant, and she's telling everybody that she isn't even though she's there's pictures of her looking pregnant as f and she's like, no, I'm just bloated.
Speaker 2: She got, she got a BlackBerry daddy or is it two white dude? It's two whit dudes. It's dudes. I want to be like Comorley Simmons. Yes, she got, she got, Like.
Speaker 1: Her baby daddy's on the yacht with her, chilling like taking pictures like they all that boom gosh, she must be lovely.
Speaker 2: No, that's like that's rich, that's rich.
Speaker 1: Baby daddies though they're like they're all because all her baby daddies are billionaires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except for you know, give us us free anyway. So but he, you know, great guy, he looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: So I do I feel like you're gonna be one of these moms that like teachers your kid that a road blunt.
Speaker 2: I mean, whenever I am really, I'd rather you smoke here at the home. I love those moms.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of friends in high school who moms were just like that. They're like, Oh, if you're gonna drink, we might as well just drink together. Dominican moms like they're mad extra but chill at the same time, because I'm like, drinking, Get you fucking in the house.
Speaker 1: Your mom's show got some condoms. Your mother is cooking per neal in the kitchen and you fucking So when y'all done fucking, the pig is gonna be finished. Wow, your mother is mad?
Speaker 2: Chill?
Speaker 1: She know?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Chanelle, do you have a cool mom?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Not very close Honestly.
Speaker 4: I was a foster kid, so I got taken away from her when I was two, But she has been in my life intermittently.
Speaker 1: I would say, like, is she like a level headed person or is she somebody who kind of like flies off the handle regularly.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's uh, level headed, but she's got a lot.
Speaker 4: Of mental issues. Oh okay, Like she was one of the ladies in the eighties that was wilding. So she's very dilapidated from all those experiences.
Speaker 2: Wait you say that would again? Did dilapidated? Had to write that down.
Speaker 4: I feel like I can't, like, in my adulthood, I don't ever remember having like real meaningful conversations with her. It always seems like I would be talking to her, she would just kind of disappear. I'd be like, all right, well, I guess we're done talking.
Speaker 3: But the crazy thing is is that I don't get that vibe from you, like I don't feel like you don't feel like somebody who doesn't have like a mother in their life or presence like you. You you feel very I feel very family oriented when I'm around you.
Speaker 1: And yet here's Sydney who at her first name, Hey, Ramona, how you do it? She'd be like Ramona, and I actually Sidney would be like me and Ramona, but from who help. People in conversations will be like, who the hell is Ramona?
Speaker 3: And She'll be like my mom, Yeah you know Ramona, And I'm like, what, Well, Mom is one person and Ramona is another. Ramona is mom. Ramona is detached. Mom is the one that's like reaching out, like, hey, how are you doing? Ramona is like, can you go to the store and get me two packs of cigarettes and then like go downtown and run errands and then come back.
Speaker 2: And then you have to know your mom smokes cigarettes.
Speaker 3: She doesn't smoke anymore, but she used to smoke larks and she would have like me, my knees. We would go get her cigarettes all the time, Like.
Speaker 2: What the hell is a lark? Exactly?
Speaker 1: I don't fucking know, but you know, the larks would be stacked just for her at the corner store.
Speaker 2: Nobody else smoked them, just her. It was the weirdest thing. It was the long elegant cigarette. No, they would they. I was like, they're like black and Mouth, Newport, this is this is cools. This is a Cools but called lark. Well, Chanelle's too cool to smoke cigarettes. Yeah, do you do? You smokes her?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Do you do? You just do?
Speaker 2: We mostly edibles. How much weed do you think you smoked in like a day?
Speaker 4: Probably a whole blunt a day, a whole blunt almost every day. Some days I'm just too busy. I just want to have time this one.
Speaker 2: But so you're using detch masters, if I know, I like the zigzag raps. Oh, you've been hanging out with too many white men. What the I don't even know what the white papers. No, their cizar papers are just like you don't have to break them. It's just a rap. It's just a rabbit. Can you show us can.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not even ready. You're not even hill. People have on the chill. People don't be walking around with weed on them.
Speaker 1: People smoke weed in front of the cops. Okay, it's decriminalized here in New York. You should have the weed here in the studio with us.
Speaker 2: Trust it.
Speaker 3: Uh, Well, Chanel, since you're chill, are you in a relationship? Like are you chill when you're with.
Speaker 2: The really chill? And I think I was gonna talk about that.
Speaker 4: Also, I feel like I'm super observant about especially like the comedy business, and so I always peep like people who are putting their really ship on blasts and I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, that did not work out for you? Oh my god, there's a particular comic in my mind right now who had her entire relationship. I'd be chilling.
Speaker 1: I'd be chilling because I really feel like when you when you got a good amount of happiness, you got to keep it to yourself a certain amount, especially.
Speaker 2: And comedy is a big high school. You can't lie. Comedy is big.
Speaker 1: Listen, everybody in New York has dated everybody in New York except me, because I'm better than everybody. But and Sydney hasn't dated any comics either, because she don't have.
Speaker 2: Time for that. The way she just shook her head, she was absolutely, I mean, I can't be doing bad and you doing bad. It can only be one person.
Speaker 1: Struggling comedian, because I feel like I already know you ain't got no money, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Comedians are like like some of the guy comedians are like funny, No, some of them, I'm saying, I'm still saying, no, I don't care how funny you are. You ain't got no money. Who as paying for these wings?
Speaker 3: Now, I'm saying, sometimes you could get caught up in this funny, you know how. Like I've gotten to the point where like I'm just numb to like funny. Like funny don't get me moist ever, Like I actually just like you just being quiet in a corner and.
Speaker 2: Just leaving me alone. That gets me really hot and wet, hot and wet.
Speaker 1: That's like a one to twelve song right Nowell, but like, yeah, because you didn't like, I didn't know that you were in a relationship even to.
Speaker 2: How long have you been together? See how cool she usually.
Speaker 3: Know how long had been together June like a year okay, And I followed Chanelle on Snapchat and I would just see a nigga's hand.
Speaker 1: At the dinner table or like on excursions, and I'm like, and so now I was I'm looking.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, man.
Speaker 1: I never posted my servant, and I always peep, like when people make decisions that negatively impact their happiness, I always peep that, and I don't never judge them because we always make mistakes in life. Yes, but I've never seen like celebrities sit anywhere and talk about their relationship, especially like pointing his picture and be like, this is who I'm with and the relationship got better because he invited all these people into I've never seen that, So I think even in my relationship now, he would like to be way more like let's just speak, making out on.
Speaker 2: The ground, let's just do it.
Speaker 3: And I'm one of those he lives for you girls, I'm telling you, he is obsessed guy we can tell guy. I can tell when a guy isn't super into somebody and he's like, that's my queen, Like whatever's so if you text him right now, I'm like, oh, babe, I don't feel well, like I need soup. Like he would, he'll go get the ingredients to make the suit.
Speaker 2: Listen, He'll be like he'll be he'll be like, share your location with me. I'll be there in twelve finding a way.
Speaker 3: And I just think it's beautiful. And also he knows that you're talented and you're doing your things.
Speaker 1: Yes, but let's talk about yeah in the bedroom, Oh wow, real quick, real quick, because are you this cool in the bedroom?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: I feel like you would keep your cardigan on and like you, I feel like you have your bra and your cardigan on. Yeah. I can't say that. I can't say. I can't say I always have time to take all I feel.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like you would be working on a bit while you from the back and you're like, yep, you're doing setups and punchlines, while I feel like I feel like it'd be real quiet, like he'd be going real crazy and you'd be like rolling up your zigzag papers.
Speaker 2: Or whatever. I think this is so funny and he's gonna listen to it, be like, Nah, you don't know, Chanel is a freak. You are a nice girl. I do think that you're nice.
Speaker 1: You have very very nice You're the type of person I'll take home to my mom. And I don't even see my mom, but if I did, I would take you to see it.
Speaker 2: But your mom though, like self confidence, right, I have a lot of self confidence. I'm real confident in like what I know, and you know my body. I'm like, she got sex skills, but in general in life.
Speaker 4: I think you could tell that, Like when I get on stage, I'm like, I don't care. Yeah, I'm so fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, but and you're chill. I don't know. I feel like you know sometimes.
Speaker 4: But see, I'm telling you, I think I get way more attention because people are like, I don't know about her.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're like, I'm not sure. I can't really tell. She might be she might I should. You're getting a lot of attention too, because you're like, like, your jokes are super well thought out and like in the I don't know the year and a half of the two years that I've known you, like all of your stuff is just grown to be like so like perfected, you know what I mean, Like you're not out here just throwing away raggedy miss, although you're not.
Speaker 3: And the joke that's so great that I always remember is one about like people in dating, how they're like, oh, chel, you know, if things don't work out, you're gonna make fun to me, like and then you're like, uh, why do you think like wax sex is funny?
Speaker 2: It's like it's not. But how did you heard that?
Speaker 4: Though I'm sure you guys have been dating someone, they'd be like, I don't write a joke about me that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: People say that to Marie, but then they watch her YouTube and they know that she talks about everything any right, But if people.
Speaker 2: Don't, it doesn't I don't have to be dating somebody for them to say that to me.
Speaker 1: They already come to her, already know I'm gonna say something crazy, scared, like, you're not gonna tell anybody about this, right?
Speaker 2: I know I'm a mess, but I'm friends.
Speaker 3: Sometimes my friends don't invite me out because they're like, Sidney gonna make a fucking bit about this. Nah, we're not learning, Like there's something that I'll see them on Snapchat wild'n out and I'm like, yo, how come I was that I wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, we thought you were just doing comedy. AKA, yeah, we know you're not blowing us up on the ground. Yeah, that's so funny. What it is, I get it. I don't care. We're not young no more. You know, we're not the little babies anymore.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like when I meet especially a guy, I feel like I if I have a good amount of interactions with him, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is you guys some whack. You got some there's some wagness down there, there's no So I feel like I got to a certain age.
Speaker 1: Where I was like, oh no, I'm just I could read those out now, Like I know before I saw you just assume everybody is whack.
Speaker 2: That's a fact for me I do.
Speaker 1: I just assume everybody is like the corniest person in the world.
Speaker 2: And then you know that's how I just.
Speaker 3: Like, they'll be out and they'll look good or whatever, and then you see their their snap stories and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh you are I'll have like is he wearing a bubble vest?
Speaker 4: Yes, It's very disappointing when you see them on social media and you're like, oh, you're not really you don't really understand cool. Yeah, those are the type of people who have photos and you can see like they chin, Like what kind of angle are you getting this like video from?
Speaker 2: It's not even that. Like I like people who are a little bit awkward.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not here for that weird art student dude that like, you know, puts dreadlocks in his nose or what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not here for like that that's super weird. Asperger's the kid. But like I just like a dude that's like not too cool.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way. I definite feel the same way because it makes me feel like I gotta be cool all the time if you always but you know you are cool, though I know I can't purposefully be that way. I can't try to keep When do you When do you lose your cool? When do you, like, oh, step outside.
Speaker 3: I want to hear a line like when somebody hears this from you, you fucking pissed.
Speaker 2: A line.
Speaker 4: In the world that can really make me angry. There are that many people who are the top three people. My grandmother drives me fucking nuts. Nobody gets on the skin, but she's a grandmother's seriously really makes me angry. My I think I get really really passionate about my little brother. I think he's like the pillar of strength for me. So anybody messing with him or even just being unreasonable around him takes me from zero to one hundred very quickly. Okay, I'll everybody and probably my boyfriend probably I think that we in the bedroom to.
Speaker 2: Chane. But you know, when you really care about someone, they could make you real fancy. Actually now people faster than anybody else in the world. But it's not a lot of.
Speaker 4: People that you have that you really think have the power, because I don't want to give that many people that much power, Like you're not going to affect my emotions that much, because who are you to me?
Speaker 2: You just be like you just got your emotions and check all the time. Yo. As comedians, we are always giving to other people.
Speaker 1: We're always standing in front of a bunch of people just giving them everything, taking away all their problems for a couple of minutes to where they're only thinking about laughing with a bunch of strangers. We got to take care of our mental states sometimes and really take a step back and be like, am I doing something for me?
Speaker 2: Also? Ooh, why you mean it's so much?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Girl? You like how you like eggs? You like money or scrambled? What you do you want to for it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can hit it with the Oh girl, that was a bar right there?
Speaker 3: Listen for me, I feel like I get angry all the time because of waitressing, Like I just see how ridiculous people are, and they don't They're so oblivious to how absurd and the ship that they asked and the things that they want, And it's like, are you fucking I know you in New York and you're feeling like you should just be getting the whole world, but you don't have the whole world budget.
Speaker 2: You know what you got. You got McDonald's budget. That's what you You do.
Speaker 1: Get a twenty piece for two dollars, Yes, bring your attitude down five piece of chicken nuggets budget?
Speaker 2: Like you how you talking to me like this is the four seasons? This tain't the four seasons bro right?
Speaker 3: Like I would be getting so mad and eventually I had to let it go because I you know, I don't work there anymore, and I'm living my best poor life.
Speaker 2: So you had to let that job.
Speaker 1: I had to let it go because I was getting like I would talk to you all the time about working there no more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was talking to you about like the way people tip me, the way people talk to me.
Speaker 1: I would come to her job and Sydney would be angry every time I got there, and I'd be like, well, y'all is the sandwich lady back?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: It's true though it used to be a countdown like two more hours. God, it was such good money, but I was just like angry all the time. Yeah, but you can't well, that's the thing that I think people listening maybe can agree with, is you can't just stay in a situation that is not good for you, you like mentally, even if you're making money, like you can find another opportunity to make some money.
Speaker 2: It takes a total on you. I'm sure it took a total. That's why you'll save your coins, my girl. That's why I'm here, and I'm like, you know what things are gonna work out.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'll be off fine, I'll be fine, but I do miss the money a lot, Like there's days where I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, so maybe I should just go back like a shit, you know, I just go to see if that But then you know what it is.
Speaker 3: Living in New York City, we also become like numb to the shit that happens, like when people bump you or when people talk to you out of turn. You're like, I'm not gonna worry about that because I don't want to start a fight.
Speaker 2: I know that I'm bigger than this. But then you become immute to it and you don't care the looker.
Speaker 1: I've been back in New York from la the angrier and more vocalizing when people do things that I feel like is disrespectful in public. Yank. If I hold the door for somebody and they do do do that, thank you, I want to yank them by their two pay and bring them back, Yeah, thank you, you're welk. Or if I hold the door for them and they don't say thank you, I'll yell at them. If I'm getting off the train and people won't let me off before they come on, I'll yell at everybody on the train.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do one of them loud eque the oppositition noel. Now I mean, I don't let people talk to me all crazy.
Speaker 4: I will say that I'm a little more timid if people are with me, Like if y'all are with me and somebody's whiling, I'll try to like, let's bring it down, you know, let's not cause it and because you know, we're going to take it to a hunt, because I don't want.
Speaker 1: Y'all to be getting in on something that I'm reacting to. Now, if I'm alone, I'm really not taking suit from nobody, Like nobody's gonna talk to me crazy.
Speaker 2: You're you're usually good at de escalating situations, so.
Speaker 4: Good under pressure. I'm so good to getting other people to calm down.
Speaker 2: And you have to tell that story that you just told me before, Sydney out here. Oh about the guy on the train.
Speaker 4: Yea Lis sitting on the subway platform in New York City real late at night, like three am, and this white guy comes in like a business suit and he's like.
Speaker 2: I want to feel alive. And that's when you say that everybody going down. We're not even on the train yet.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I want to feel alive, and he's very clearly drunk and he helps off the platform onto the tracks like I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Kill myself, like I want to feel alive. He just kept screaming and we took a step back and describe his suit. Did it look like a suit like a Brooks Brothers. It looked like it was like a pre cut sleeve like like like calling up down a step.
Speaker 4: Yes, And he maybe accidentally like got a woman's jacket.
Speaker 2: So it was it was big in the back area. I was like, why is it so big? Back? There was tight on the tight on the wrist area. I was like no, but so he jumps onto this. He jumped into the tracks. Everybody's screaming at him like you know what the fuck guy? You know just they're like, yo, I have somewhere to go. Man gets in the morning, like I'm not gonna sit here. I used to can't afford a cab, Like the are counting the delay.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many delays this is gonna be if you get hit? Like they're really mad, and so I'm gonna be honest. I did try to snapchat him a little and.
Speaker 2: He saw me. I mean, I'm gonna get back up. I was like, it's fine, he's just having a moment. This is he's a good snap But I didn't even post this.
Speaker 1: But if but if something happened and the news hit you up, you would have the receipts you that it released the video. I exclusively told him on the snapchat, hey buddy, get up, But no he didn't.
Speaker 2: So he caught you trying to snap his Did you did your deed for the day? You know what I mean? He caught me. He was like, this girl's recorded me.
Speaker 1: And I was like, man, man, I gotta teach you when this is over, discreetly shoot video.
Speaker 2: Get the funk out of here. But we don't do it.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to hit it under your chin. This wresh your phone under your chin.
Speaker 6: It looks very obviously. But then you want to be like, what was up? You look very over, You look at the sky like what, No, girl, you look crazy? Yes you do, you really really do.
Speaker 2: Wait. So I got up and walked over to him, and I like, kneeled down on the platform. You can kneel down for a white man on a dirty subway platform. Now, calmly, did you have some Jamison and your sister?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I was sober. I wanted to get home. I wanted to get home I was on the.
Speaker 1: New York ship, like, how long had you been waiting on the platform? So you had another ten it to go because it's twenty minute coming.
Speaker 4: We could hear the train coming, so we know it's about to come. And he's like, you been there? And I said to him, very calmly, you don't want to do this. This is crazy. Don't do this, Like, come on, let's just get up here. And he was like it took him a second. Then he was like all right, all right, And so I pulled him up. You you work out playing, you got upper bodies body.
Speaker 2: You know, he wasn't dead. Can we talk about what this white man looked like? What did he have? Light haired, dark hair, aston cutcher type?
Speaker 1: So he was like a long white body and you pulled him up, pulled him up, well, I helped him.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a dead man. He was awake and you know, and he wanted to and he wanted to get up him. I had convinced he was wiling. Were afraid that he was going to like be the scar to your move.
Speaker 1: As I was pulling him up, I'm swear, I swear to you, all I thought was pleaseful me over, please don't pull me over, plea, don't pull me over.
Speaker 2: Because he's obviously unstable. Yeah, and he's drunk too.
Speaker 1: At the same time, I'm like, Yo, this train is coming, bro. Nobody else is helping you this train.
Speaker 2: So nobody was helping you while you pulled the body came.
Speaker 4: Nobody was shouting from afar really just being mad at What's like?
Speaker 2: What station was this? Do you remember? Yes?
Speaker 1: So I know not to go there.
Speaker 2: This sounds the second Miss.
Speaker 1: This was thirty fourth Street. That's that sounds That's not like some Q ship. That don't sound like that sounds like some A or C train. Miss. I remember this was like a year ago. Okay, okay, So but I helped him up. What were you wearing? You know?
Speaker 2: I remember I had on my long, my long birbery coat. Have you seen this? You had a birbary con.
Speaker 1: R.
Speaker 2: I bet you I looked real cool going over there to help him. I'm not gonna lie. I bet you I looked. Really.
Speaker 1: There should be a whole movie based on you just wearing this burbery coat and helping people from trains.
Speaker 2: People. Okay, this movie will be called The Helper, Not to help the Helper.
Speaker 1: So you know, they would like redo it and instead of you would be Denzel playing the Help and he have on Gucci based on true events, Yo, chouldel so she had a purple heart something. You pull him up up, He's like they thanked me. He was like, all right, you know, I was wilding whatever. And he starts to walk away, and this is it.
Speaker 2: This other guy starts to interact with him, and he's very mad, like yo, you wild blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And the guy is still mouthing off like I want to feel lost. So then he's like, I'm gonna jump back in.
Speaker 2: Like all the work I did. I put my burbery coat on the line.
Speaker 1: Like the new guy reacted that way. He was like, yo, you're still talking that ship and that little girl just helped you. And then I got real mad because he.
Speaker 2: Called me a little girl. No, but that's good though you look you look. I was like, yo, I'm a grown up and I just saved this man's life, like can you know that? A burbery bit? I'm out here. Then ended up fighting and they fought like and out of this this only New York again, and both of them died.
Speaker 1: The dumbni The guy who was yelling at him, he was he white black guy. Come on, bro, he brother, he beats Come on, Clarence. He was just frustrated.
Speaker 2: You could tell. It wasn't even like a shot. It wasn't even that serious.
Speaker 1: Man, It was that serious because it looks like you, I'm tired of these bros. I'm tired of their emotional whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm finna just beat this one up. And that's all.
Speaker 1: Some cop probably got off that day on a murder case and he just had.
Speaker 2: It up like I'm tired of it. Facebook got me all round up. Yeah, that's what he probably saw a whole bunch of vine videos. All I can see is that tight ass, wrinkled suit. And in my mind it was like a like a beige like like a dust got up and that's it. Did he give you a hug?
Speaker 1: Like? But you pulled him up, listen, touched him, so you might as well give him a fucking honey. What would you have done in that situation?
Speaker 2: Well? Go, you know my upper body strength is z all is nonet went live on the ground. No, I would have been I would help somebody, help, please help.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think for me, I would like I would weigh the options, Like if it was like the middle of the day and like I knew I could like walk to another train stop, I would do that because I'm not helping you up because I weigh one hundred and twenty three pounds.
Speaker 4: I mean, I want y'all thinking I was super excited, Like I remember as I was getting up, I did a real heavy sigh, like.
Speaker 2: You go, let me just go.
Speaker 3: I mean, if d that is crazy, say, for instance, like Marie fell in the train tracks and I had to lift her up, I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, I feel like we would both die. Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 1: If Marie fell into the tracks and I'm like, okay, I hope you'd be like no, no, anybody but you no, no, please, I don't want your help, Sydney, I'd be like, what if I lay under the train, well, you started gofund.
Speaker 2: Me for me, for my new legs. Like That's why I would yell up to Sydney, because I know she wouldn't be able to pull me up.
Speaker 1: I would not be able to pull her up, but I feel like I would try to help her.
Speaker 2: And that's good that you like. That means a lot. It's harder you're a good person.
Speaker 3: You know that's a good person because me, I wouldn't want to see but I definitely would have one handover and like, of course a little bit.
Speaker 4: And that's what I want to be honest about snapchatting him because I wanted to be honest and be like, yo, I thought it was going to be fine and I wouldn't need to intervene. It could be a funny video and I was like, oh no, this is serious. Let me put my phone away and try to like do something that i'd be on.
Speaker 2: The platform, like don't touch the third round well, or you can be like if you want to go out right touch, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just quick and you have a very soothing voice, and I feel like you have the voice of reason, reasonable doubt. I don't know, you sound like if I hear you and I'm in distress, you know what, when I'm having a bad day, I'm gonna call you.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like you might not pick up. Like I'm working right now, I could very easily curve you, you know, because I could take my mental state. We were just talking about that, you know, said you need to protect your mental states. Sometimes you can't let people just be leaning on you all the time. I'm saying, you can Sydney, Sydney gonna lean hoarde on that that I called people once a month.
Speaker 2: You know that's a damn lave. I definitely had to cut I've had to cut comics out of my life before, like talking about lean on me, crazy ship, let's get can get a little. I met I met this comic. I'm not gonna say her name.
Speaker 4: I met that's fine, like twice, and then she called me from the hospital saying, like, I was drunk and things got crazy, so I need help.
Speaker 2: Can you come get me?
Speaker 1: I was like, let me go through our mutual friends and find someone else who is better equipped, because we don't really know you said that well, but I could tell that she and she even told me when she when she came back to she told me she was like, you know, I was lit.
Speaker 4: I had drank a lot, and in my drunk state, I only could think of you. I can only think of I know Chanel will help me. I can call her and she'll make sure that I'm okay. And I did take care of her. I found somebody to go get her and get her.
Speaker 2: You touched your butt before, Like what, like she was that drunk and thought of you, but like did I touch her? Chanelle? Don't lie to me. How close were y'all in your drunk state?
Speaker 1: You thought a Chanelle like two names? Yeah, Chanelle, Ali? You thought of both names. She's like, Ali, that's the world's greatest.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit. She saved me.
Speaker 1: Yo, Chanelle, I feel like we need to give you a quiz to see if you really are the expert, but like, I don't even know how we can test you even more.
Speaker 2: Do you have a question for her?
Speaker 3: No, I really don't. I just really wanted to sit here and talk to you. I felt like, you know, you're a cool person, work really hard. I always have a good time when you're around. I've never been like Chanell's so annoying, you know, because nobody those so many people like that.
Speaker 2: Were you cool in school? Like were you a cool kid? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really felt like I had a lot of friends, Like I was cool with everybody one of those you're one of the friends with everybody.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't friends with everybody, but my brother was, so I was like, like they knew me because of who he was. Yeah, and then people knew not to tell me stuff because I would laugh in their face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was the friend that was like.
Speaker 4: And honestly, when I think about like my upbringing and like my parents, I feel like I developed a lot of self peace because I had to make peace with that self peace like oh type of peak, like I'm now I got taken away from my mom when I was two, my dad when I was seventeen because we took a court ordered paternity test.
Speaker 2: Oh, he didn't want to take the test. He was like, no, you don't they find him. He's a cop. They couldn't find it. He's a cop him. They really were. They were trying to cover it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure they were, but that they realize when you've been in the foster care system, they've been paying these foster parents and they want to get that money back. So then they realized, Oh, if this guy is the guy, he got the money, let's go get the money.
Speaker 2: Let's get the butt test. How do they know that it was him? I really don't know.
Speaker 4: They didn't tell me, Like, they were never trying to connect us. They were just trying to stop that money. Yeah, they were trying to get that money. So they were like, Yo, we think this guy could be it. We're gonna force him to take a test.
Speaker 2: You take a test. So in meeting him and kind.
Speaker 4: Of giving him a fresh slate, I had to really decide that I was gonna forgive him, Like now what happened. I had to decide, like, you know, I can't get these eighteen years back, but here you are, and you're saying you want to try. I'm gonna for myself forgive you because I can't be walking around mad at you all the time, like I'm not gonna live my best life if I'm walking around.
Speaker 2: Every day like I'm mad at my mom and I'm mad at and you.
Speaker 1: See those people out here holding onto something that's girls gone. When you just said like, I don't never see that on you, I take that as such a compliment. And I hope that my brother is the same way because I always teach him like we're okay in ourselves, that we don't need to walk around feeling less than like we are okay. So what you're saying is you never want to have that Will Smith moment on Fresh Friends where he was like.
Speaker 2: Come in, don't want but see, he had to do that. He had to say that out loud to let it go to a certain extent.
Speaker 4: So I feel like I had to learn to when I made peace with you know, even at ten, I remember recognizing the reality like, Okay, I'm in foster care and I'm moving around like I don't know who my dad is, my mom is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are like you're like a like a one in a million. I think like a person in the foster care system that.
Speaker 2: Can like like just make peace with what was going on.
Speaker 4: And I really credit that so much to my little brother, because if I had to do it just for me, I don't think I would have been strong enough. But to have like a little kid who he's like a baby. He needs things, he's crying and he needs to be changed, and he has to eat like that consistently.
Speaker 2: Were taking care of him. Yeah, that consistency.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna slide into your venmo right now and just drop you some They're like.
Speaker 2: Yo, you're such a good person, go ahead and share your venmo.
Speaker 4: Yes, every time I get paid, I venmo my little brother as much as I can. And sometimes yeah, what's your ven Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh you want to ye?
Speaker 1: People Janelle Dash Allie, she's taking care of her little brother. Y'all.
Speaker 3: I don't know your little brother is about thirty now, right, so she's gonna need some funds on that, so please get her in a venmo.
Speaker 2: Size is just kidding? What's his?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What kind of jeans he wear? He wear like a thirty four or thirty two or so, like, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: Your story is beautiful and I didn't even know all of this about you, and I'm so happy that I was able to get to know you better and.
Speaker 2: Just wow, and you're so chilling. I mean, I can't believe you didn't bring any weed for.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, I'm a little upset about that. But you're saving lives though. Yeah, so it was on time though. I think that's important.
Speaker 2: You were more than I would have brought weed. Who knows if I would have been here? And that Barberry jacket were it? At? Okay? All right, Chanel, what's next for you?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What like?
Speaker 2: What's next with you? Comedy? Career wise? You just opened her cha at Caroline's.
Speaker 4: That was amazing. I'm holding out for some festivals this year on the road a lot. I always have all my gigs posted up dot com. You can follow me at Twitter schnell underscore underscore Ali, that's two underscore for reasonable doubt, reasonable mondays hashtag reasonable down mondays. I always search that tag if you want to join in and I retweet it's dope because you know, if you see any lyrics, I speak to you, I like to you know.
Speaker 2: And also breathing, I'm gonna be breathing, y'all gonna be breathing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always please, okay, breathing, breathe that breathe it breathe as always.
Speaker 1: You can catch me at rez r e e e z y on Instagram and on YouTube at miss rez m s r e e e z Y Sidney, where can they find you?
Speaker 3: You can check me on Instagram at just sid b w j U s t s y d b w. Twitter just said n y C and you know. Hit me on Facebook, man, I'm tired of these uh elderly people friending me on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Where do you accept all the requests?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: So No, I have not, I have not. No, I stop my friends. You go on Facebook.
Speaker 1: I stopped months ago. You hit your friend then, No, it's too many weirdos. It's people that I'm like, how do you know you have four hundred requests? Bending Oh my god, I don't even know what these people met. And then they'll be in my secret little messages or whatever and they're like, saw you at a show or my friend recommended me, you recommended you for I was like, you're old, asked you about eighty Where are your show.
Speaker 2: At your nursing home at the Nurse thousand Oaks? Exactly, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You guys can come see us young or old, rich or poor at Carmel Lounge the second Saturday of every month. We only have two more shows left. We do only have two more shows left. Yes, the next one is on July eighth. Yes, please come come to that. It's gonna be a fun time. It's a free show. And then, you know, just make sure you comment, subscribe still your boyfriends for while he's sleeping, check his DMS, and then also subscribe podcast on his phone.
Speaker 2: Please do That's all that we ask you to do.
Speaker 1: Do it Chanel, any any like last words, any like fortune cookie mantras that you can give.
Speaker 2: Yes something, hit them with something one bar every day, do something for you. Oh that's cute. And my line is Sidney, I need you think of one too. My line is he who.
Speaker 1: Does not bring his wallet does not get to go out with me a second time. That's the line that I'm gonna leave you. He who don't bring his wallet don't get to see me again.
Speaker 3: Trust in God and that okay, all right, well get killed.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much guys. Bye,