Speaker 1: On today's episode of the Command Center Podcast, Marry Christmas from the Command Center crew, and we get a special guest, Sean spring steps in for a minute. Baham bor right smoot? Do an Eagles recap? Fred? Are we heavyweight contenders now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Suh.
Speaker 1: And then we got to talk about that final drive. Jade Daniels is special and risk it for the biscuit. And we got a very tight Falcons preview because we're leading into the great take off this Fred didn't bake a damn thing. All that starts run out the hill. Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Sean Springs and Santana Moss. We are presented by Cognire Technology Secure Today's Shape Tomorrow. Merry Christmas, Cognier, and Merry Christmas to you. It's fun to be able to spend this holiday. We got this great background with the snow feeling festive shown you feel in festive for fish.
Speaker 4: I feel real fast now. I love this holiday season.
Speaker 1: Is here absolutely and uh so, okay, Merry Christmas. Do you guys shot any plans for Christmas?
Speaker 5: Nah Man, Just spend time with the family, man, That's all you do around the holidays. Just really appreciate the family, be thankful for it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: That's it. Man, Maybe go to I'm thinking about Oh.
Speaker 5: I gotta to give a shout out, think about maybe poppicly going out to the Rose Bowl for January. But we ain't gonna talk about that today.
Speaker 1: And what you got family?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna down.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna jet down and see the kids and spend spend a few days down there, you know, right before work this weekend.
Speaker 1: So and what do we uh, what do we get the kids? He's got older kids? Yeah, so what's the present for the kids.
Speaker 5: Well, my older kids gonna be down in Miami because my son's sat there down there. Uh, the two younger ones. Man, you can't buy nothing for teenager. You got to give teenagers money. You gotta give the money and gift cards. That's accept the same thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: My youngest is eight, so I have to kind of you know, I guess you can say, don't forget that. You know, all the things I did with the others, even when I got to deal with her, sage is the one that's like that I want. She had a whole lists and her oldest sister good thing that she's she's up age where she can just handle it for me. She called me, my dad, sage, I have a list. Do you want me to get the toys?
Speaker 1: That's cool?
Speaker 2: So she ordered everything.
Speaker 6: And and with that being said, her doing that, she wants to.
Speaker 1: Good man goodness.
Speaker 6: Our youngest son. He didn't, you know, I don't want to cut you off. My son didn't tell me nothing yet. And I'm like, bro, Christmas a couple of days, but we'll.
Speaker 4: Deal with him.
Speaker 1: Isn't that so funny? Like they're just kind of assume it just magically like happen, no planning ahead of time. All right, Well, I do think and being in the Christmas spirit, Christmas did come early for the Washington Commanders, obviously with a huge win over the field, and man it was it was awesome. It was awesome being out on the field, awesome being down on the sideline. And you know what's funny though, is sometimes Eagles fans you kind of get after you a little bit, get in the comments, and it is the Christmas spirit. And we love we love fans, we love ball fans, love all of them. But when you get in the comments and you're kind of delivering a little bit of mess like we got to put a little coal in your stock. Let's talk about it and just remind you that this is you know, you got to play the games, guys. Yeah, so Chris Dior forty ninety eight. That's a heck of an intro there, thirty one sixteen Eagles. Trust me, Eagles will clench the East Sunday and send a message to the NFC Sean, what message do you think they sent?
Speaker 5: The send a message that hey, listen, there's a real team and it's right down the road.
Speaker 2: And it's washing.
Speaker 4: And don't count your presence before you get them.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, right.
Speaker 2: Don't count the mans before they hatch. I think I think one of those.
Speaker 1: You probably love that.
Speaker 6: One because you know, you know I'm big on just hey, pumpy brakes, you know, relax, let them play the game.
Speaker 2: You could be a fan. You can root for your team.
Speaker 6: We're not We're not against that you like somebody, But pump your brakes, man, you don't play.
Speaker 2: All you can do is a year.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. And I think this next one kind of encapsulates that really well. Kas In twenty eight, twenty nine x says you aren't on the Eagles level. Swept this Sunday, And so I will say this. I don't think the beginning part of this is wrong. I think the Eagles roster is a little bit better. But you have what's that you have to play the game. You have to do it, Like we can't just give them hell win.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Hermit was voice.
Speaker 4: This is why we.
Speaker 5: Played a game.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So like, you got to do.
Speaker 4: It for that fan.
Speaker 5: The Commanders are who we thought they were, winners, winners, That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: And then Nasier Jones x J two I l whatever that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's like a co password log into email password.
Speaker 1: I used to think that. I used to think the Dallas was the only delusional team, but I think the Commanders are the worst delusional team in the league. Ha shake my head.
Speaker 6: So you have to understand, regardless of what he wanted to talk about for this year, we don't won team in this in this division when they was pretty good a couple of years ago. We don't want took them down. Oh yeah, So at the end of the day, we're not delusional. We just understand that for some odd reason, we match up well against you guys.
Speaker 2: Even last year when we had you.
Speaker 6: Know, our guys throwing taking sacks, we was the one team that gave you all a run for your money. So I get it when you're a fan and you you're in your moment, trust me. The Eagles are flying hot this year.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 6: But guess what, like I said before, let let these guys play the game before you go out there, you know, bump your gun.
Speaker 1: And I think when you look at like kind of the breakdown of the game, like the Eagles had an opportunity to win the game. You know, the Commanders had five turnovers, what was it, two picks, three fumbles, And usually you don't win football games when you're when you're negative in the turnover battle like that at all. And I think a lot of things played into that. Right, Kenny Pickett's playing quarterback, Yep, he's not as effective as jailing hurts their third efficiency. Can you look up the third down efficiency for the Eagles real quick? I think it was like three for sixteen, and so that's how the Commanders stay in it. And then they hit a couple of explosive plays. It was three for sixteen, and they couldn't quite The Eagles couldn't close the door in the and the the the Commanders, excuse me, made plays when they needed to. And I think back to the again, the explosive play to Yami, the enzone, the exposive touchdown a Arry, and that felt to me like the shift in the.
Speaker 6: Game we talked about last week coming into this game, regardless of who was a quarterback, you know how you know Stout, this team was as a whole, you know what I mean, from all layers on the defense, offensively, what they got going on. It was just one of those games where we was like, man, look they had player for player.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't have We can't match them player for player.
Speaker 6: But as far as a team, you know what I mean, Like their team is pretty good, but we're right in the thick of it. And when you in this division, we you know, we we was amongst the teams in this division.
Speaker 2: We beat each other up, you know what I mean, All that stuff go out the door, the.
Speaker 6: Records, you know what I mean, high flying, you know, running back and quarterback, all that stuff out the door. If you watch that game the other day, besides Barkley doing what he did those those couple of big runs.
Speaker 2: Our defense was in the backfield the whole game.
Speaker 6: And the reason why jayalen Hurst had to do what he did because he couldn't throw the ball where he wanted to, so he had to take off because guess what, we was giving him them opportunities. But with that, with you being a quarterback in this league, we know that's the reason why everybody harps on the guys who able to do both due threat quarterbacks, because they don't want.
Speaker 2: Them to take the risk of being in here. And that's the risk, you know.
Speaker 6: You you know, that's what you get paid when you go out there and say, hey, I'm a risk because this is all I have. And I think you know, I've heard the barking about you know at Jalen Hurst would.
Speaker 2: Have finished the game, it had been different, but your defense did.
Speaker 6: They finished and at the end of the day, we made enough plays, We possessed the ball, we moved the chain, and we put up points and that's why we was able to be in the game to end up winning the game.
Speaker 5: One thing we always talk about with this this team all year long, we've been hearing it was the we're brotherhood. And I think that was shown yesterday when you think about four testdowns, the kids had too crowded, had too Those weren't guys I can't recall having card. They were not on my fantasy pick to score points. So yeah, Zalen Hirst went down, but we had guys step up that weren't guys that everybody would have said gang bangers or gangbusters or so it's not like Jalen. And they complained like, uh, the commanders, you know, our defense is going to kill them. But hey, man, you got this. You got guys who want to play. You got guys who want to play for each other. And some of the players like obviously Jalen made some great plays with his legs, you know, offscript scrambles and stuff.
Speaker 4: You're the fourth and.
Speaker 1: What was the fourth or there's a lot of plays.
Speaker 5: Third you know, a long third down. But the fact that man, this is like and yeah, they say, well Jalen went down.
Speaker 4: Eagles still has se Quon in pretty good receiver court.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know our defense, our defense stepped up and made plays, and that's that's killed us in the past. We couldn't get off the field when we needed to. They made plays when we needed to and got off the field when we needed to.
Speaker 1: You said two things there that I think are really interesting. One is the brotherhood and kind of the mentality of this team. Like, honestly, as a fan, yeah, be Rob fumbled that second time. I was like, game's over twenty one to seven. Is like, I don't know how they kind of figure this out. They get they're backed up on that drive, jailing big explosive, then big explosive to Terry fourteen to whatever right, defense goes down. It's twenty twenty eight to fourteen. Coming out the third quarter. You're like, man, how are they going to figure this out? But they just kind of stuck with it. Yeah, And I think that's something you're talking about there, like with that brotherhood right now. And also I think guys like stepping up, like I'm glad you brought up Ozy, I'm glad you brought up Crowder because both those guys, Uh, Crowder was a two or three for most of his career. Oz was a two to two years ago in Philly. And you see their skill sets, right, and you see their savvy like on the last touchdout of the game. I don't know if if if a younger player.
Speaker 4: He went and broke it off off and recognized it was covered too. Yeah in the middle. That was that.
Speaker 5: That was a very smart player and one of the that a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 6: One of the things that Crowded mentioned in the post game is that he ran the same play and stage that same coverage in practice and got the same pass. So he was like, hey, I don't even get this pass. It's supposed to go to Zach's supposed to go to the tight end. But Jayden, you know, Jayden threw it to me, you know, on Friday practice. So when I saw it again, I'm like, well, I might get this ball perfect time. And Jayden was on point and say hey, and Jayden said the same thing, like I saw that and crowd I threw it tim Friday. So they just go to show you having a guy who knows what he's supposed to do, uh, you know, a savvy vet and and a guy who's been out football for two almost to the three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I'm I'm dan to that this.
Speaker 1: Pressure, like you know what, I'm like, I think he said three months because I think he was healthy week three. I want to say.
Speaker 6: So he's a healthy scratch and just and I remember like every game seemed like me and him get a chance to walk past each other and I'm I'm dapping. I give him a pound and he like, you give me that, looking like man, I should be out here playing. But he stayed ready, you know what I mean. And that's the type of guys that Dan has on his team. You want the character. Character is key, you know what I mean, Because you get another guy here who feel like he's being you know, treated badly, and he might not prepare on my he might just check out, say, man, you know I'm here, but I ain't playing. So so I'm happy to see a guy get an opportunity and step up and and you know, come up.
Speaker 1: And then I just saw in the comments right now people are asking where Fred is, and Fred will be on his way. Sean'son here feeling in Fred was a little scared for what I understand about the bag.
Speaker 6: Off, he got a pressure, he was probably he was probably in the uh in Wigman's trying to find out the best.
Speaker 1: Jason said, they saw m Harris Teeter. So we'll see, we'll see, we'll see what the packaging says, and see him and I can can beat him. But I think, you know, when we're talking about this game, one thing that we cannot not talk about is Jane Daniels because I really felt like, kind of midway through the third quarter, it was just like Jade and go get it, you know what I'm saying. And uh, you know, he had five touchdown passes. That's the most touchdown passes since Mark Rippin in nineteen ninety one. Now Mark Rippin had six.
Speaker 4: And I do think it's kind of oleend of the game too.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that in the production meeting room before you got here, like how crazy? Like what is what are the chances that happened?
Speaker 6: And not only did and I don't mean Mark Ripping had guys like all right, Monk, he had Ricky Sanders, he had Gary Clark, he had Ernest Byner, he had Ricky.
Speaker 2: Irvins, the Hogs, he Mitch. You know what I'm saying, Like, look at the team that he had when he did that.
Speaker 1: So some people think that's the best team in the history of.
Speaker 4: So we'll be that super Bowl team is considered the top.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, hats off to Ripkin and those guys because you know they you know, you can't fault them for being on that team, but it just shows you what Jaden is doing as a young man in his game.
Speaker 2: As a rookie with the guys that he haven't.
Speaker 6: Look, no, no, you know, I can't discredit the guys we have, but the names don't add up.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You don't have that much stop power that Ripkin had back in those days.
Speaker 5: When you when you watch that game and everybody coming into it's like, hey, Philly is a true test, right, yeah you can.
Speaker 4: Do you feel the way?
Speaker 1: I didn't get to talk to Did you feel that same way or not?
Speaker 5: I felt like anytime you see a team that's twelve and two or I mean Troit, Philly, you know Minnesota, you know that, you know the AFCU.
Speaker 4: Obviously there's some teams.
Speaker 5: But when you saw the way Jayden played yesterday, that was one of those moments where you'd be like, all right, he's been playing.
Speaker 4: Great all year. I think it's non time rookie.
Speaker 5: Yeah whatever, But that was Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes like I played with Tom Brady one year.
Speaker 4: I saw something that Yeah, I played with Tom Brady went.
Speaker 1: Dude, you just full of like subtle flight the rose ball with Tom Brady. I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but but when you see that, that's letting you know that, like, Okay, he was good, we got something special.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you have some special And.
Speaker 1: Like I went back and watched the watch all the throws this morning, and it wasn't easy for him, you know what I'm saying. Like he had and I think his process was pretty good. Like I actually thought he played better from a like a technical standpoint versus New Orleans. But when you look at just like the like baller mode liked.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: All the more against the Eagles, it's one thing, it's the Saints.
Speaker 6: Just compare the last time we played the Eagles in Philly, and you watch how timid he was at time he was is that you know, short week, being banged up a little bit, you know, all that stuff stood out And then when you watched and we just talked about this coming off the both like I want see Jamon. I want to see the guy that used his legs when he got into you know, trouble, and we saw just that.
Speaker 2: We saw a guy that went out here.
Speaker 6: And say, look, man, if I don't have anything right now, it's time to tap into doing what I do and be special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, you know, we mentioned the two explosive plays that really was a tipping point, the two fourth, like really like think about it, Like, again, there's five turnovers in the game, so you need to be aggressive stealing possessions back and you end up stealing if you steal a possession on fourth and fourth. Yes, the fourth and eleven was incredible, just the incredible, Yeah, that was that was ridiculous. That's incredible, incredible, But like just the the gall of dan Quinn to go for it is kind of insane.
Speaker 6: But I think at that point he was like, man, hey we got him. Yeah, man, well I have no choice. Yeah, I mean this game it was almost getting out of.
Speaker 2: Hand, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But you've seen guys not do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 5: You've seen guys like you know, maybe you know, catch up. But that was big man.
Speaker 1: So that was a really great adjustment by him. And again we talked about Oz, we talked about Crowder, someone else we have to talk about and one one thing before we leave on the the Jane Daniels thing is that was his fourth game with a ninety plus QBR rating. Yeah, and producer Jason does a great job kind of researching you know, how many If you had to guess, Sean, because you were here at the meeting, if you had to guess, how many do you think c J Stroud had last year ninety plus QBR games?
Speaker 4: I would say five?
Speaker 1: Five? What if I told you had zero and he was rookie? How crazy is that? That was my same reaction because you're just.
Speaker 4: Because numbers were like he was talking about MVP, he was on fine.
Speaker 6: The same and that's the same way we were talking about with Jaden this year. I mean, and it's crazy crazy. It was even crazier he acknowledged that coming into this league like I want to do what CJ did last year, So you know, I know he has a couple more games and you know, you know, to play, but let's check that box because he did that, all right?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, that's my bad, that's my bad. We I was confused because Fred just came in like I'm like, you see what he do? Like it's like a phantom from the Christmas Carol just popped in here.
Speaker 6: So so I was looking for Potter and to see you know you was because I heard that you woke up and said I gotta make this cake and and I'm.
Speaker 1: A little late.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say he probably did a Poe.
Speaker 7: Iore he did a pie man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, bad night, you gonna lose my So that I.
Speaker 3: Mean, indeedalized was electricity in my house turned out my.
Speaker 1: Phone, So you know, we we talked about how I ended up getting this job was because of Fred. You know, Fred didn't show up to something and then I had to come in. And this feels like this smells this God.
Speaker 2: Sean's good.
Speaker 4: He's really dark.
Speaker 2: He looked good. We look good.
Speaker 1: And I feel really lucky that Sean was able to come in with Tanner because they got the Players Club coming up, which comes out. I forget which day, Christmas Day, Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: Is it Christmas Day?
Speaker 4: Christmas Eve?
Speaker 1: Well check something this week, pubscribe to the YouTube channel and you won't even have to worry about us. We don't even miss So it's awesome that he's able to be here because that show is great and he nominated. All that stuff has lost a beat, added Sean. It's a great show.
Speaker 4: Professional killing it right, killing it professional.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we did, just me and London at first one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win it.
Speaker 4: They're gonna win it.
Speaker 1: Like, Sean, thanks for coming down, man.
Speaker 4: You know what you've been feeling, fell.
Speaker 8: And Frank, Frank, be nice to Sean Mane appreciate your appreciate your blue foot that we were getting a little nervous there man with no fraid over the cooking, trying.
Speaker 7: To No, you know what, I didn't get to do what I want to do. I'm not feeling You're be on to im most you right about there, you're right about the mayor Christmas Day everybody.
Speaker 1: I can smell all the baking you were doing last night.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. So we talked. Okay, so right before that awkward transition, because you just came in like rising from the dead over there.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see Terry. Let's talk about Terry row. So he's the first Washington Washington player, uh with five straight one thousand yard receiving seasons and he's tied for the most receiving touchdowns in the twelve Yeah, and again like, uh, there's a couple of guys that have in between touchdowns. But I don't know. Man, Like I knew he was going to be more productive this year because you know we saw from training camp, but I don't know if I thought. I was like, I don't know if he's gonna be able to get get this.
Speaker 7: Hannah, Why did I tell you I didn't play wide receivers because it's depending.
Speaker 2: On line running back. You need too many people.
Speaker 4: You need so many people to do what you do good.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd got that memo when I was young.
Speaker 7: And Terry is just like Tanna where he just had so many credible step inad and do their thing. And guess what kept his day of mouth closed, kept like I'm looking forward. Whatever happens happens. And now he got a legit quarterback. I'm not shocked that he doing special things because if I'm a special quarterback, I'm gonna go to the special wid receiver I got and that specially wide receivers Terry Mclawin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, hass off to what Terry has been doing. I mean, I think it's tremendous for a guy just to see that. So many people want to critique, you know, what caliber of number.
Speaker 2: One you know receiver he is and and.
Speaker 6: All this other stuff, and he just go out and get the job done. So I'm loving what he's doing. I'm his biggest fan. I'm one of his biggest fans. I know, I'm probably not his biggest fan. Pretty sure you know that that that family is shearing that, you know, Scary Tarry Chant. I mean, they probably can't get enough of it. But what I want to say is arguably, man, look, if you wouldn't want to want to be technical about it, that first year he had almost had a thousand yards season, so he would have had six basically, you know what I'm saying, Scott could have had six thousand yard seasons on a team that had that, that has had a revolving though of quarterbacks come through here and haven't had that best of you know, that good of a run game behind him.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: One of the things about receivers and officer line and officer line. One of things about receivers if you're not running the ball well, because that's one of the things that I had that handicap me a lot. That's why we didn't have to throw the ball ran because we ran the ball well. When I was in New York, had Curtis mart when I would here, we had Porters and a slew of other guy after Morris. For Morris, your name, it bets all those guys. So I'm loving just to see a guy be out there and be so productive with just having you know, mediocre talent around him. And not to say medio as far as the players, man, because all these guys on this level you play.
Speaker 2: This game, but just when it comes to the names alone, So man.
Speaker 6: Hats off to Terry and regardless of how you like him, how you feel about him, he's out number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know he had five catches and obviously the touchdowns the thing ever is gonna remember. But he catches the first ball to start the two minute drive, he catches that hitch for the first down and the two minute driver rolls out of bounds. That's a beautiful route, man, you talk about just like route running Nuance at the highest level Technici Like he's going against Queenyon Mitchell. It looks like it's covered three or some type of man match three with the middlefield safety. He just does a great job pushing vertigo, push into the blind spot. Pen does the turn speed turn over there. Yeah, he's running the I mean, just really this veteran move.
Speaker 6: He careful what you say to Terry too, because you know that last game when they played in Philly, everybody and they won Queyon's fault. It was the whole instagram about what he did and he didn't do. And the first thing Logan said, Tanna he I say, Logan, you had to tell me I watched it too. He never manned up on him. I say, yeah, but that's the thing about social media. They take stuff and they see.
Speaker 4: They don't understand.
Speaker 6: They don't watch the whole game as a whole. And qwan, he didn't know what he had, you know, he didn't. He didn't know what he had in store. Terry's one of those guys. He never forgets. Yeah, and he came into that. You saw when he caught that ball. First thing he did, he got ab off the ground and said something real quick like it was subtle, you know what I mean, let him know, Hey, I'm here, rookie. He rookie, it's gonna be a long day face.
Speaker 1: And then even on the touchdown, man like he he did such a good job stacking him, Yeah, pushing vertical. It looked like he was going to run a dig and then runs ago and again, like you know, I actually thought it was his zone coverage that got busted. Yeah, this cover, this man coverage, and that's just how bad he got beat on the route. And so really carried a great job in this game. And honestly, like Jami has the first explosive from the end zone, but yeah, that's the in my mind, the touchdown that kind of said, hey.
Speaker 4: We're here, we're not out him.
Speaker 6: And it was twenty one seven before he scored that touchdown and it was right.
Speaker 1: Back in the thing. Damn.
Speaker 7: Putting up thirty six on the number one defense in the NFL is everything to me.
Speaker 4: They say, it's everything to me.
Speaker 7: And it wasn't smooth, it wasn't regularly, it wasn't what we usually do. But they just found ways to make the plays happen. And that's what good teams do. So just the battle the beast like that. I got to give everybody, probably not just Terry. I got to get them wild boards up front some of the because they're going against it, going against that defensive line.
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 7: I know everybody gonna say the running game wasn't there, but sometime the running game numbers don't need to look effective for them to be effective. And I feel like they ran the ball when they needed to and they had to, especially on third down. If you look at the third down rushing attempts and then the yards put rush very high compared to first and second down. First and second down didn't get the rest of yards we wanted, but the rest of it, I thought they ran the ball.
Speaker 1: Well, and a little bit of that's inflated by the quarterback running the ball. But to your point, fred, I actually thought like in the first matchup, there was a lot of pressure, a lot of kind of difficulty in past pro, and you don't get these shots down the field if you're not if your offensive line's not done like dialed, Like if you look at the red zone touchdown specifically, a lot of them are. So when you play this ready nerd alert glasses on. Here we go. When you play these match coverages, what's happening is you you're passing stuff off real quick, right, and it makes the read extremely cloudy for the quarterback. But if you can extend the play a little bit, I'm talking like a second second, people, they're gonna bust it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, usually right.
Speaker 7: It's because we don't know when to hand the ball, I mean hand the player off. And if you can run into zones and run into and do certain routes, it'll mess us up.
Speaker 6: See see Travis Kelsey and and a home They does it so well like that. You can see Travis watching who got him and then he just sits down. Okay, you're gonna overrun this. So I'm gonna sit here right now. And they be spot on. So yeah, I mean y'all hate it it on the head and.
Speaker 1: So on the touchdown, for example, to Oz right, they're running like a corner, a flat and then an under right, and so you got to pass that off. The corner's gotta pass to the corner and he's got the quarter route and the defensive player has to get depth under the corner. But they don't pass it off correct. Oz's there because the old line does a great job pass protection and gives them that second to be like, hey, you didn't match this right, we can get a little bit more depth I can get the ball needs to be same thing honestly with the with the Jamison Crowder touchdout on the first first one, yeah, right, like they're thinking that it's going to be a little bubble screen to the right, a little stutter. They don't they don't get it. Communicator. You can see Degene trying to talk to John C.
Speaker 2: Garner.
Speaker 1: Johnson doesn't get it. And again, like I thought, Cliff, Cliff deserves a lot of count. But the old line makes those things go. And I think we already talked about this a little bit. Jane daniels Man just was I said this when Sean was here. Not as clean, just from like a read and react standpoint.
Speaker 7: But it just is a couple of plays where they just to me, it was like Kyle to play like, hey, superhero Jedifi. That's what I call Jedifi. He is the Jedi that nobody wants to be Jennifi.
Speaker 4: Make a play.
Speaker 2: He no, I ain't want to cut you. I wanted to keep going.
Speaker 6: But obviously he tapped into the Jane that we saw earlier. You know, when when you're able to say, guess what, I don't have to do this, but I will somebody need to make a play. He's gonna be me, you know what I mean. And that's what I love about him. And he's special man, I mean I can't say, I can't say enough about him.
Speaker 2: He's very special, Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very special. And again this was a really nice team win. We talked about the offensive line, talked about the receivers. You know, running backs didn't have a great day on the ground, but they caught the ball well when they had to. There's a couple where you know, Chris Rodriguez is one on one with the defensive end and they're sliding away and he gets enough of a piece that you know, on the on the OZ touchdown, the long one, right, Yeah, he's one hole of the defensive end online is strimmage and pass bro gets enough time that Jane's able to get around him and we're able to get that play. So, like everyone contributed offensively. Was it the cleanest game? It was obviously not. And I think you saw you heard that in the presser with Dan post game and he was like somebody asked mes, like, oh, so now does it feel that you're like you're you're with the heavy hitters, and it was like, this isn't an Arrival game for us, because in an Arrival game, you gotta play good. Yeah, And he's like, I don't think we played that good.
Speaker 7: And then I guess what if you can turn the ball over five and go be the playoff team? Like that mean, with our flaws, with our warts, with our holes in our game, we still found the way.
Speaker 4: Like I think they're resilience.
Speaker 7: And guess what long as Jedi five is in the game, don't you get up out your seat? Like if you have learned nothing this year, if the Washington fan, long as this guy's on the field, down ten, down fifteen, down five, don't you leave your seat?
Speaker 4: You sit right there.
Speaker 6: We have had more, you know, the Game Day live crew a post game we have to leave the sweep around seven minutes in the game. And it's always fair. It's always whether we're either up or that game. We have had more things.
Speaker 7: Happen from that walk, from that you didn't see, from that walk in the elevator to the hall that bro.
Speaker 2: I was sitting there saying, Bro, we got.
Speaker 4: To stop this walk.
Speaker 6: We had to wait till after the game is over because I'm kind of missing somebody. And then we get in the same spot and the game is won right in front of us watching it on TV. No, it happens almost two or three times this year at home.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, we're gonna talk about that. That end of game scenario here it a little bit with the risk it for the biscuit section, but before we get there, team win, right, Jane tremendous right, can't say enough good things about him. I'm sure he's gonna be like, I could clean this up, clean this up. The two interceptions Misthrow to Luke McCaffrey and then kind of forcing the ball over the middle late, which I don't love on that, but I got you're gonna learn from it. That's exactly right. The other side of the football is someone we have to talk about, yeah, because I really think obviously they get beat up a little bit in the first quarter, run the football, and it's funny because it's guys playing out of their gaps early, not being super gap disciplined. You see them get that cleaned up and basically they shut down Philly's rushing attack.
Speaker 4: Thirty thirty nine yours.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: From now so that that tells you that they understood that the mission.
Speaker 7: They understood like, let's gonna put this safety in the box, let's force this quarterback, can it Pickett to beat us out the pocket? And I thought that was a smart thing to do, because the one thing I can say about Kenny Pickett, he's very accurate.
Speaker 4: Not the strong as arm.
Speaker 7: So if you really want him to beat you out, I mean inside the pocket, all you gotta do is put that safety in the box and add somebody to the blitz.
Speaker 4: And that's what I thought we did.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and to your point, Fred, you know Egos have thirty five total yards in the second half.
Speaker 4: The twenty three Wow, not just Russian, not just rushing.
Speaker 1: And so E says, well, how did they move there?
Speaker 4: They had more y'all with it with pennies.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so let's double click on that because I know our guy, Marshawn Lottimore. Everyone's gonna have a different opinions on how he played.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, let me go and clean that up. Let's go up damn battle like this he man versus scaling to it. That's a battle.
Speaker 2: That's what it looks like.
Speaker 4: He gonna get something, I'm gonna get some and it's gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 7: But but aj Brown left that game unknowing. Oh, every time I play washed it, it's gonna be this. So nobody legitly wins cleanly in the alpha versus alpha, like he gonna have some caches that, like, think about it. The first three players, they went to him zero zilch like, then they get that slint in the end zone, he gets the touchdown, then he gets that deep.
Speaker 1: Did you think about his leverage on that, because on the broadcast, Uh, she's does such a good job. He should be playing inside leverage on that. But it was plugged.
Speaker 2: I've been saying.
Speaker 7: I thought I thought the safety out of the linebacker was supposed to come down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fud shut. He should be playing inside leverage.
Speaker 4: I thought he's supposed to been playing head up.
Speaker 7: I would have been playing head up with with a with a slight outside hand on me, I mean to my outside hand, but if I got inside help, I'm just not trying to get there quick. And I think that's what it was. But good route, good throw, and I can't take that away from him. But a battle gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what we talked about too, especially with the j Brown, Like even if you're in a good coverage, like he's made like make a play. He's a good he's a special player. And the other thing I want to ask you about Fred because you are a resident defensive expert. Is you know, we had an argument and we're we're not.
Speaker 4: To look at you like you see what you did?
Speaker 2: See what They didn't want to get on that. But I was too of its going on and so I left.
Speaker 7: The But the uh the the p I s yeah, oh my god. Like one one legitly I can say he passed inter here.
Speaker 1: The other one is like a J. Brown.
Speaker 4: No, But guess what it happens so much with us defensive back.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 7: Brown literally got his arm extended. My dude tries to like touch him back and then he was.
Speaker 6: Actually trying to pull the time if you watched it because I watched it last night, he was literally off. He was running with his feet off the ground trying to basically get his hand on and exactly and then the last minute you see him aggressively do it. When the ball hit the ground, the guy throw the fla be like bro he was holding.
Speaker 2: But that's what that's what a J.
Speaker 4: Brown does. He's a raffler.
Speaker 7: He's one of those dudes on that d route. You see him right at the last second push off and catch the ball. He does it all the time.
Speaker 1: He's Uh. I saw we were doing an interview with Oz post game and he's you know, he was in the Philly he was talking to Aj and I was waiting for him. I was like, man, Aj is like he's huge, big, you know, he's huge.
Speaker 7: He's not for some reason on the screen he looks he doesn't look like he just average.
Speaker 1: Now you got you got like long arms, big bag.
Speaker 4: He guys like he's built like a running back.
Speaker 7: So when you play it like sixty two, yeah, yeah, so you got to be ready to get boxed out when you play him.
Speaker 4: And rided to wrestle like everything's gonna be hand fighting with him.
Speaker 1: And then the second PI Fred and Tender. You can come in on this too. I don't. I watched it a couple of times. I didn't see anything that I'd be like.
Speaker 6: Oh, I said, so Marshaun had his right hand on his I saw that doing it so well because I've seen that done to myself and you never get that call.
Speaker 1: It was fun to watch on the sideline and fun to watch in the booth. Uh, you know doing the game because him and Marshawn and AJ were talking the whole time. Every play they were.
Speaker 6: And then I got to give Marshawn some credit too for getting buddy out the game, because Marshawn actually went and initiated that.
Speaker 2: Stuff for too.
Speaker 6: He walked into John uh So whoever the line of the safety who got okay, So he walks up into I believe Devonte Smith face and then the whole Philly team comoda, and then you see somebody sneaking there and punch Marchewan and then then you.
Speaker 2: See odd guys coming there and before you know it.
Speaker 6: I don't know if Marchean he retaliated last, which I thought he was going to get flagged for, but they still went that the first guy. So that going to show you how off these officials are. Normally the second guy get you know, get get.
Speaker 1: The bag and so again like and then also Marshaan has that late win on the high cross job on third down, the third and two on the out of that balls a little late, but it's still a win for him. So great job just competing to the down. And two things I want to say. One, I think he's his attitude about everything. It's rubbing off on everybody. Yeah, and it's giving them an edge in the secondary.
Speaker 4: And because he doesn't talk.
Speaker 7: So if he doesn't talk and you only show me this by action, I'm gonna start to absorb some of that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: If there was Sean Taylor like Sharan was like that, Sharan would talk to in stint, but his action spoke louder than his words. And believe me, we didn't have to go in many fights that he saw because this his attitude.
Speaker 1: I don't like you.
Speaker 4: You in a different jersey, and Marshawn has that same field.
Speaker 1: I've never talked to him like personally about that. When you watch him this, it comes across.
Speaker 7: The yeah, and it comes across I'm finna be hyper active no matter what happens.
Speaker 4: And I knew all the action that he was getting yesterday.
Speaker 7: I was like, dude, I don't know how long his hamscreen on hold up man, Like I was sticking that in my head because it's like, okay, now this is this is back and forth, this is going on and and sure at the end of the game, here it goes where we got to take him out. And and that's why I hate soft tissue injuries, man. And I know the fans hate to see it and they be like, ah, there ain't nothing but a hand man.
Speaker 4: Listen to me.
Speaker 7: Ham screens don't heal. They not in the season, they do not heal. They get a little better to where you could play, but you don't know which you don't know which stride that you're gonna hit, and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I think too.
Speaker 6: Also, you know, one of the things that we fail to realize that as athletes, once we feel better, we just jump out there. But it's other things that you have to tweak to make sure that the ham string holds up. So hopefully he has a chiropractant doing all that stuff to what he got to make you stay lined. But all that stopping and going and and that getting back the whole body off, and that could have been a call soon.
Speaker 1: And I will say this, they have a I've been able to talk to Chad Englehart, that trade coach. They've got a really nice soft tissue rehabilitation and return to play program, and they do a really good job with that stuff. I think that's one of the reasons. I mean, obviously Marshall in this game has a little bit of a re rehabit. They've been pretty good about that throughout there there. They want to say before we move on is talking about ways they got back in the game obviously exposed to players by the offense. Defense just put buckling chimp strap a lot of tackles for lost, really good defensively.
Speaker 4: Also serving that right.
Speaker 1: I feel like Philly was so undisciplined in this game with penalties, personal fouls, holdings, false starts, like it's just do you.
Speaker 4: Not think that's because of the.
Speaker 7: In the division conflict and emotional Like you got to realize the one thing about we can say about division of games, we get outside ourselves emotionally because it's like, fight your brother. He's like, I'm so tired of fighting you, and you know all my moves and I know all your moves, so I'm frustrated. So if I'm a last shout, it's gonna be in a division of the game. And I think dead would had everything to do with an emotion of the game.
Speaker 4: Think about this.
Speaker 7: We won a quarter into the game, we didn knock their quarterback out. We go another quarter into the game, we didn't got their safety kicked down because he done got two pennanies. He gonna like this is emotional warfare back and forth. We're getting late penities they getting penedies like it's not gonna be clean.
Speaker 2: When you play the divisional.
Speaker 6: Gain only that just you know, I feel like they feel like, man, we gave these guys our best shot and they still here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they still still turned the ball over. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Five times? These guys, they don't turned the ball over? Uh five times?
Speaker 4: We don't really six because if you got kept that fourth the fourth down.
Speaker 6: Then we went for exactly These guys have had them, you know, the big run by Barkley, and they still here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't they can't die.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Barclay had one hundred and fos in the first half. First half. Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, to have such little production movie under the game, I mean, really just an impressive performance. All right. So now we're on to the final drive and it's going to be our focus for the Risk It for the Biscuits section presented by Marsh McLennon, your partner in Risk and People Strategies. Really, again, we appreciate them being a sponsor. And you know, business insurance they got you, they got you, employee health benefits they got you. Private client services they got you, and private client and you know who else has you? Jane Daniels. Jane Daniels is been really special. In end of game scenario, I changed his name to what Jedi five? Would you do that?
Speaker 4: He's my radio show later, I'm right home. They look at this food.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 7: He's a Jedi. I have watched him move people with his mind. I have watched him. I have watched him play these Jedi mind tricks with defense. I have watched him be a little bit of Luke Skywalker and Mace wind Dou. I have watched him be the jows in one. He had something inside of him that says, no time, it's too big for me. I might be a rookie. I don't care. I forth an eleven. Watch me move the d light. Watch we pourt this.
Speaker 4: Thing like a ram sea. I'm being on it.
Speaker 1: So you're cussing wrestling for being.
Speaker 4: Jedi five.
Speaker 1: So this is what leads us to our first risk it for the biscuit question? Do you risk it the biscuit? I'm talking I want the biscuit. Letting Jade Daniels touch the ball last. First of all, like, if you're the other team, he's Brady Is, do.
Speaker 2: Not let him team let him touch the ball. You mean it too many times?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, Jed, Then why I call him Jedi five. I've watched him the last drive of the game and.
Speaker 4: He's not shaky. He's not if he he's he's just dare.
Speaker 2: Look, I saw a stat, so I can't take no credit for this. All season long.
Speaker 6: That has been four times when the team touched the ball last, and they end up that that quarterback won the game, twice by Jayden Dames, by himself, and then once by two.
Speaker 1: Of the teams.
Speaker 2: He has being out the entire league when he's touching the ball last.
Speaker 4: Already the baby at the group you need a baby? What I told you, he's a Jedi.
Speaker 1: And just to put us out on that, he's that the most game winning drives by rookie quarterback in the season over the past six years. These are the players that have it. Canny Pickett, Random Baker Mayfield have four, Allen and Herbert and Jayde Daniels have three. So he is in, I mean, Josh Allen Herbert tremendous company in terms of the people that he's with his first year and again, the composure that he plays with is I mean it's off the church.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's beyond his age.
Speaker 6: You always know too after that game, and it's something that you know we all did earlier, probably in our game by you know, when your game is over with, you go walk across the field and you know, dap everybody off. You watch all the guys who come, dap him off. You got the AJ Browns. I mean, guy's going on their way to say no, he's early his respect. So I saw the way AJ Brown talked to Hi. I'm saying, like, see that's a guy that's like, bro, you you something.
Speaker 7: Like you know, it ain't nothing we know because we played, but it's nothing like gaining respect of your peers.
Speaker 4: And every game he's gaining.
Speaker 7: Every time I see somebody go to the podrum, they're like, hey man, they got them something over there with their five over there with the Jedi five.
Speaker 4: They got them something.
Speaker 1: So you go out the meeting on Monday, you know, like you're Wednesday when they do the like the roster. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Oh they got this receiver, they got this like they're for sure like five.
Speaker 4: Hey five, Hey, this is where it starts and ends. It starts and ends with this guy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Can we stop him on the ground? Can we stop him in the air? Can we stop his leadership? Can we stop his closing ability? To me, he'd the ultimate closer right now. He closed his games. Been like, I'm literally at the restaurant yesterday watching the last drive.
Speaker 4: Turned to Jack, and you do the show.
Speaker 1: This is where he does his show. You do your show craft.
Speaker 7: Hals right and rested, And I turned to Jack and I say, hey, why did they just get put the ball in this dude's hands.
Speaker 4: I was like, he's going to go win this game.
Speaker 1: Talk about incredibly frustrating. If you're again, I like football, I like offensive football, I like clean football. How mad are you if you are the Philadelphia Eagles. You run a choice with Devonte Smith, he kills no Ignanoghany.
Speaker 4: Like there was a hell of a route.
Speaker 1: We all get killed. It was an amazing route. Yeah, amazing route. Yeah, I know it's had a great year. Gets killed on that player. There's not an indictment of knowing anywhere else.
Speaker 4: It happens.
Speaker 1: It happens. He's a good right runner, he's good at this route. And then just stone hand drops the ball and he tried.
Speaker 2: To run ball online.
Speaker 6: The gods, the football guys told them, look, we we done took something from these guys, and guess what, We're gonna let you kill yourself.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 6: That's how the ball bounces because they took They put those those pass inferences on us, gave them.
Speaker 4: So many so so a whole drive, a whole took them from.
Speaker 2: One side of the fields to the other side of the field, and they got the.
Speaker 1: Field go out of that eighty three penalty yards on that drive.
Speaker 4: Listen, the drive was only pennalty yards. Nothing.
Speaker 7: That is noting to run on the person second half and then pass interfair and.
Speaker 2: They just throwing it. They was thing it up cause they know you don't get.
Speaker 4: But guess what, the football gods are fair. This is what I known about it. They could be harsh and they could be fat.
Speaker 1: What is that from three hundred with xeres, Yeah, they could be fair.
Speaker 7: And guess what I gotta say this, guys, I note everybody thinking like I'm thinking, But the football gods.
Speaker 4: Shine their life on us. That touchdown pass. We kinda got out of there literally about I don't think so. It was on time watched it.
Speaker 2: But if you.
Speaker 1: It was all right down because out of there quick. It was on any two minute drive. Okay, any two minute drive. If you go watch the Chiefs, watch it in a high lane. Johnson is the biggest perpetrator of in the NFL. He's really good at it. It happens like that again, Like this is one of those things where I know they're trying to make the rule better and they're trying to clean it up in two minute drives. Those officials don't care about that. Yeah, they're gas man, They're trying to stay with their action. So again I'm just saying the football, the football gods are fair. They give and they take, They give and they take. But you have to drop that ball and then kick the field. Go on there. It was like five points. There was a minute fifty one left. I was like, we have one time out. I was like what and then you get up if you're I'm sorry, this is a commander's podcast. But then you get a penalty on the kickoff. Yeah, want to kick off after a return? So we start that drive at the fifty years and definite. I was like, sweet, sweet, won't you give it to.
Speaker 4: Listen when you got.
Speaker 7: A quarterback as a defensive player. Were always on age because we don't know what he's He's unpredictable.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna run on us? Is he gonna throw on us? Is he gonna get the ball out quick?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: Even on it even on one play they got busted. I think he tried to check to a screen. Yeah, and he faked the screen. He was like nobody's there, and he just took off running. Dude, these are the players that we can't get back. And you only get there if you got the legs.
Speaker 2: That he got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really tremendous. Again, Philly helps you out there, but you got execute. And I will say, uh, this year, Jayden has four tds in the final thirty seconds and overtime, most by any player since the merger merger.
Speaker 7: I mean the merger between the AFC and then when they got out of this is not the merger is.
Speaker 1: A long long time. So like that's a that's an historic statistic. Yeah, for tds the last thirty seconds and overtime of a game, Like, it's ridiculous. Think about how like this is. This is one thing Dan said. I have mad respect for Dan because I think this is a fantastic point. He's like, you can practice it, you can practice. When when I was in Atlanta with him, we practiced in a game scenario. We talked about in the game scenario, but you gotta go do it. And when you got a guy with ice water in his veins that can go do it, that's a totally different thing. And again, like some of this stuff might regress whatever, but he just has shown an ability to make plays. Like when he's at his best, he's.
Speaker 2: Is when we need him.
Speaker 7: Yes, it is when we need him, Like he's that quarterback that we have we're learning to lean on and say, you know what, we are never out of a game, no matter how bad it started.
Speaker 4: You can't start a game worse, didn't we start it yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. With Jason, I was like, well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying you cannot start a game, especially with a playoff team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like maybe I'm not. This is not being hyperbolics. That's like maybe the best team in football right now. No, No, and you give him five, you give him five opportunities.
Speaker 4: Opportunities bro, no six, I'll keep forgetting it. Because that was their half field. I mean that was their midfield right there.
Speaker 7: It was man, listen to me, Me and Tanna in the in the in the sweet we just sitting there like, I'm like, damn.
Speaker 1: I hadn't forgot it, but I just went him mingling.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, I'm just going game. I'm go ahead and start talking to But.
Speaker 4: They just kept on chopping wood. They kept on chopping wood, and I gotta get a defensive props.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Faar made some plays that would time.
Speaker 1: Great job, tackles for losses, four sacks against that offensive line like they in the second half, like they were physical aggressives downhill by run.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 6: I can't say nothing about Lousu either, that he showed he was going to the flat back then to them, made that interception and then he.
Speaker 4: Got that what that was?
Speaker 1: That was?
Speaker 2: That was a script sack.
Speaker 4: That was I got one word.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe it's two words with a hyphen in it for Frankie Louis and it's Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: You might be argued to be a defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 4: He might, he might be in a race.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know, because nobody's sticking their head out, you know, because I think Adon Hutcheson was gonna be the lead dog and some of.
Speaker 1: Those some of those elite past rushers care and stuff like teach like those dudes because their past rushers are going to have an edge.
Speaker 7: But they passed us like time where he only does it forty percent of the time and his impact is huge.
Speaker 1: Huge impact. And yeah, really just a fun player to watch because he plays with such energy and so violent. I mean really like he's the guy that and we shouldn't be. I'm not applauding him for hurting somebody, but he's he lays the hit on Jayden, not or Cloud. This is a physical game and there right, but yeah, but I'm not you know, changed.
Speaker 4: The game proves.
Speaker 7: Listen, we play a physical boy that you know hurt, Hurt's Countada Munch, you know, good dog on.
Speaker 2: Well, when you're playing a good quarterback or a good player and.
Speaker 4: He goes out you yes, yes, because it's because it's because I can't do.
Speaker 1: It in here, guys, I'm trying to be politically correct.
Speaker 4: You correct.
Speaker 7: You guess what absolutely when you go to a restaurant and you asked for I want to side, I want the main course of Right's pilloff and I want to side a knock knock and that's what he brought.
Speaker 4: And I love that.
Speaker 7: Like at the end of the day, when I see the linebacker, when I seen both of them saydingwich him, I say, eating his shoulders hurt.
Speaker 4: He can't see straight.
Speaker 2: Bobby, Bobby did Bobby impact did nothing. It was all for, it was all.
Speaker 1: It was all.
Speaker 6: Louvu hit him at the perfect time because he was almost going down and lou loulu helmet like helmet and show the pad, hit him right in here, show the path, and that forced his head to kind of like snap back.
Speaker 2: But when he got up, his eyes was a cop but he was looking like this. The officials had to look like what you.
Speaker 4: Know, was very much like yeah, the year, the week before it was.
Speaker 6: So I'm not laughing about no, no, it's part of being hurt. But I'm just saying, like, that's one of the things about this game. And we've been on those teams where we play Michael Vick when we got him.
Speaker 2: Limping in anything and won of them games. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he ain't had full of spring, you know what I'm saying. And I thought Ken Piggy came in and did a hell of a child. The drop off wasn't there he's going off the back. Yeah, the drop off one there when he came in, and just the threat to run wasn't there, and their.
Speaker 1: Ability to extend drives with him from the pocket just wasn't there. And that's that's tough. And again, so after this game, I think we're like a ninety two, ninety five percent chance of making the playoffs. And that's leading us into the Atlanta Falcons game, which is win and you're in. Yeah, and you know, I don't know the exact percentage of them making the playoffs because Tampa Bay lost, Like they're still in it there in the mix, right, but if we if the Commanders win this game in the game, in the show, and I think that as as fan, as analysts, and as people that support this team, like it's one of those things you're like, man, like, how cool would this be? You're one new owner, I mean you're two of the owner, but kind of with all his guys in the building. Yeah, new quarterback making the show man.
Speaker 4: Do you know we can win twelve games?
Speaker 7: We ain't won twelve games since flow flow model TVs.
Speaker 4: Twelve games.
Speaker 7: We have the ability to win in the rookie year of a quarter This is the floor, people, this is the floor. This is as bad as it get, all right, Like, if you're not excited about this team right now, you need to check your posts, right.
Speaker 6: You know, I know every season is something different, you know what I mean, And you look at the opportunities and I think this is you know, you take advantage of your opportunities.
Speaker 2: And I think this is what this team has done this year.
Speaker 6: You know, hey, we didn't we didn't expect what we see and quite frankly, I'm not sure if they did. But they went out there and played the game. That's how you give yourself a chance. So we whatever, however this thing ends, you know what I mean. I just want these guys to understand and allow themselves to dictate, you know, where they go on, because I feel like that's what they've done. They showed that they're gonna fight. And that's one of the things that stood out to me in that presser with Dan Quinn. He didn't praise them for winning, They didn't praise how how they won, he said, but what what they showed me that they was gonna He showed they fight. They fight, and that's what I want. And I tell and you could tell he's preaching that. You can tell he's telling every man that he put on his team, like, look, you're on this team because of this that dog you have that dog mentality and and and when those guys go out there and compete, he say, I want you to end up being able to show me that you're doing just what I thought of you.
Speaker 2: And that's what they did. They fought so well yesterday they won the game.
Speaker 4: Listen, my end of the risk it for the biscuit is this what has been that? What's the biggest player of the season so far? Because I was thinking to.
Speaker 7: Myself yesterday when I'm driving to my show, and I'm like, is it to hear Mary?
Speaker 1: If was it? This? Was it?
Speaker 7: This last drive? Because I think this last drive to me is the biggest player of the year.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you could say the one the people you by, no egg Banoghany is a bigger player than like they're all big because they all lead the wins, they're all doing stuff, And yeah, I think that's something that is crazy when you're playing close games, like you don't know which one is all big all be I think about the fourth and eleven, is that play bigger than any other play. Like, I mean, there's just been huge moments in this in this season perpetrated by Jane Daniels. And so let's we gotta keep a really tight because it's Christmas Day. Stuff to do. We gotta bake off, we gotta do. Let's keep this Atlanta preview nice and.
Speaker 2: Can speak to the bake out because I didn't make anything.
Speaker 1: Oh you bought it.
Speaker 7: No, I literally just made banana pudding because I meant to get up this morning and finish everything out.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: No An just walked in, just gave a stinky I'm real good, okaycause you guys are here. You know you were late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't know you were.
Speaker 6: And so just to tell you now, I can't eat your banana pudding because I don't eat bananas because of the eye done and the so I'm gonna lern the eye.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonnaern the eye down. That's why shrimp.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that bananas. I knew there was I in shrimp.
Speaker 6: The pier of the so the pil of the banana e done in it, so it's like you're peeling it off, but it's in your.
Speaker 2: Damn bananas sitting there soaking up his banana.
Speaker 1: Like check check, I was gonna do it. Jason's got it. Okay, let's do.
Speaker 2: Let him know. I throw up and break out, just like I do with shrimp.
Speaker 4: Away from I can't what the hell away from?
Speaker 1: Okay, So real quick preview Atlanta Obviously, Michael Penix Junior started last week for New York Giants. I went back and watched all the throws. Impressive. Yeah, they You've had three drops in the game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it was kind of clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then interception was Kyle Pitts just handed the DV the ball.
Speaker 4: Because you're a tight end.
Speaker 2: He's damn Neil God give to the athletes.
Speaker 1: I was talking to Tan about this. He can't break down all the stuff that makes tight ends good, like understanding space, being presentitive the football us in your frame, like knowing like knowing how to run a route, like when I run a slant, like this is the angle I needed to take coming out, Like he just doesn't do that at a well, at a good level. Like he can run a go, he can run a post, you run a corner.
Speaker 4: He's more vertical than he is linear, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when you look at the guys that are good, like Tony Gonzalez, you know, Travis Kelce, Robert Ard Kelsey's but like they understand space, he don't.
Speaker 6: So so so what that man said is that's telling me that he don't understand you know, the time and time and the zones and this, this is what he's saying.
Speaker 2: He don't understand how to read coverages.
Speaker 6: Because when you can run a going and you don't have to do much, you just know, Okay, I gotta go, I gotta post because it's open. He don't understand how to get open when it's zone.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Because he's just running. You see a guy bro sit down right here, he's just running.
Speaker 1: So running and he's taking it drives me. Nuts's the angles, like even on a seam, it's like you see that it's covered too. It's your ass in here and protect this throwt And he just doesn't do it consistently enough. And it's like when I was watching, like even when when Matt Ryan was a quarterback, I could see Matt's frustration. We'd hear him because it's like where you're supposed to be doing it's supposed to it is three both.
Speaker 2: Normally slow down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jason, we got some information here about bananas real quick. On the update, Banas contained a protein called janaceen see I'm gonna go, is also found in kiwi and avocado. People with banana allergy may also react to these fruits. Latex may also trigger a banana allergy as rubber tree. As the rubber tree used to make latex contains genascity, bananas came very little iodine, with less than point five micrograms per hundred grams.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is then, but I ain't eating one thing when we fact check for it because he's always lying fact chick and say you laugh, no, no, no, no no no, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Just you know, even with me being wrong about.
Speaker 2: To id that you're you're, you're you're something something, it's not the.
Speaker 1: Always checking meergic bananas. It's not because the idea, whatever it is, it's not.
Speaker 4: So thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm an allergic to bluefoot because he hates.
Speaker 1: He deserves to hate a little bit today, all right, so I'll say this too. Okay, So Michael Pennis actually looks pretty solid in his first outing rookie quarterback. Can you get him covered up? They do have a lot of weapons and every position for everything negative I just said about Kyle Pisty, Drake London is the opposite. Yeah you understand space contested catch guy can run a choice zone, whatever you can do. He is he is to me, his borderline of being in that conversation of like a borderline.
Speaker 4: He reminds me I called him Mike Evans juniors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but he's honestly, he's more sudden.
Speaker 7: Like he's a little quicker yeah than Mike, Like, but I just he doesn't get the opportunity. That's why I didn't play, because this dude stay open, but they never come into his semi level.
Speaker 4: They never come into So.
Speaker 1: To me, he's like almost he's probably top ten, but he's almost in that top five convo. He's like one of those guys like maybe next year, No is.
Speaker 4: He one of them guys?
Speaker 7: He is how many opportunities I get to show you that I could be Maybe he should be getting a lot soon. I mean, but I'm sure Peni's gonna say, I'm going to tell me yeah, hey yeah, wake up and sleeping giant.
Speaker 1: They got darn Old Moody, crazy explosive, Raymond McLeod, VI, John Robinson. Their offensive line is playing really good. It's gonna be a really interesting matchup for Joe Whitt Junior pilling these people up his defensive.
Speaker 4: And Penis actually ran a couple of.
Speaker 1: Four or five at the company.
Speaker 7: I have to say, like, you don't think Michael Penix and you don't think running too knee injuries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he ran yesterday that really shocked me.
Speaker 7: And rest well, he's gonna have to run them the guys coming up. But the field on because I can say the pass rush is playing well.
Speaker 4: This is what I can say. They're rushing as a group.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And sometimes you get these independent contracts that you know, I'm a fifteen cent guy, I'm gonna go out to the passer and they don't rush as a team. Then what I see with Dallas a lot a lot of independent rushers. What we're doing good is we're rushing good as a group, and I think that everybody's kind of eating out of that.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. So obviously a lot of it'll be interesting because they are John Robinson is a special runner man. He reminds me of like Prime Christian McCaffrey, like that kind of sliky one cut.
Speaker 2: You can't tack me even more dynamic.
Speaker 1: I can catch the ball, but you know, like, but think about Christian McCaffrey in Carolina. Yeah, yeah, like when he was just absolutely just get.
Speaker 4: Me one hundred Russians and one hundred passes. I want it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, So again, that's gonna be interesting match up. And defensively, they've got the two good safeties their past rushes, okay, but they do some complex stuff defensively.
Speaker 7: But this game is kind of personal to me. Why because you know, his wife left the house on the way out.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm a Falcon fan.
Speaker 4: I've been a Falcon fan the whole time, the whole time.
Speaker 2: So me and her have this theme about this Falcons game.
Speaker 7: And I talked to her two days ago about, you know about it, this Falcons game. She's like, how y'all gonna beat us? And I was like, y'all, stink, let's be honest. So that conversation wasn't like that. Hey, I can say this, me and Mike White, we are very much cool. We are very much good friends.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day. We got to beat these.
Speaker 1: Falcons, man, we gotta beat these You gotta beat them when we're in. I can't wait to watch this game. And now for the thing that you've all been waiting for, at least I've been waiting for, is the bakeoff? The Christmas bake off? I did.
Speaker 4: I wasn't here.
Speaker 2: I didn't do what I had to do last night with Miss Special, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I I can say, And he was still everyone it was for having me on. It was a long night for me. Yeah, we knew it.
Speaker 7: We knew you should even longer morning. Yeah, And I'm sorry I didn't get the things out. I mean, ask you, how could you be?
Speaker 2: How could it be alone night? It's so freaking cold outside. Nobody outside, bro, I'll tell you that, right.
Speaker 1: I was, And see on here Jason to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sean here further you know what, Sean already get a do it? Sean already gonna tell yeah, yeah a touching. I am actually, damn Fred.
Speaker 4: I celebrate several Christmases with with Fred. Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can cook.
Speaker 4: I can't one to.
Speaker 5: Him to noting something disappoint always cooking two days before and that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm telling us what I'm saying. Fred has been excellent in the bakeoffs, and so this is a little disappointing, but we know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That so much junk.
Speaker 4: Talked, a lot of trash.
Speaker 9: Trashed me, And I said, are you sure we shouldn't just make it one thing?
Speaker 4: And you were like, no, no, no, let's do too.
Speaker 9: So I was like, and I felt like I was in Santa's workshop on Saturday, just cooking and baking and crafting and doing all my things, and I was like, this better, he better show up.
Speaker 4: And so when you almost didn't show up today.
Speaker 1: All of that, so tell us what Fred made banana.
Speaker 9: And it's amazing. If you guys haven't had it, I've had a few times before. And I was afraid he was going to bring this because this is probably his strongest dessert he had to the Arsenal.
Speaker 1: I brought it because it's easy to make.
Speaker 4: It takes no time.
Speaker 1: So what what did you bake?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: I make two things.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 9: I baked Okay, my theme was raspberry, which according to Sean I shouldn't have done.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I just said he forged for the raspberry but you got your audience Christmas.
Speaker 4: Black people don't eat red, thank you.
Speaker 2: You don't eat red, and we don't drink.
Speaker 9: But I almost made an eggnog cake.
Speaker 5: And I knew you cake and I ain't gonna like it. But I told Anna. I was like, Ana, you gotta google your audience.
Speaker 1: Now, you know.
Speaker 4: But she would have been the first to cross the Colorado River. She can forge, so yes, So I made takes in the chocolate cake first.
Speaker 9: So I made raspberry thumb print cookies, and then I made a chocolate raspberry cake, which it was. I've had it and it's been I don't want to I don't want to downplay this one, but I've had it and it's been better than this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna say this, first bite, take only a little bit of dry when you get the raspberry in there, and then it went up. It's nice. Yeah, nice, But so you need so again.
Speaker 4: But it was a little.
Speaker 1: It was a little being critical takes a little.
Speaker 4: Duncan hides and him, what is that? Actually? Fight me?
Speaker 9: Fred?
Speaker 2: It is crazy.
Speaker 9: This is crazy considering you brought one dessert.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're you're not allowed to be critical.
Speaker 2: You didn't even bake all the dessert, not Freddy.
Speaker 1: This this cookie is good though, thank you.
Speaker 4: Cookie was nice to I will say the cake.
Speaker 5: You know it's not too sweet though, so that people could use it as you know, it's a healthy option.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: I told you, whold put in that Greek yogurt? Okay, Greek yogurt would dried up. You love that you substitute yogurt for.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: It's just like a part of the rest.
Speaker 2: Putting in there, not.
Speaker 4: Putting in there, and uh huh yeah, chocolate, chocolate putting in it. Look cookie five.
Speaker 2: No, she won't to do cookies.
Speaker 4: She fought for the cookie because I'm like, that's.
Speaker 2: It a little drop, but when you get to the icing is amazing. Thank you. So at the end of the day, you want anyway my default game. It tastes them.
Speaker 9: Telling everybody. It's funny that Fred and Forfeit both start with us.
Speaker 10: Oh so this fortune fortunately, damn Fred. Well that's good, but we got.
Speaker 4: We got fact check. If he bought it, he got my name.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: It's really you just put putting in here. You didn't bake, you just put cooking. You put pre made Okay, let's just talk through this. I bought that cook you put on top of it, and then you put bananas that you cut up, which you didn't bake, and then you just put pudding. Did you make the pudding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to make the pudding. You got you got to mix the put question? Did you make the pudding? I made the pudding. You made it putting. I made the pudding from scratch. You taste that banana in that push on?
Speaker 2: When did you make the button? Yes?
Speaker 4: So you made it put yesterday. But you said you you was a little nervous because you did.
Speaker 7: You make yesterday. One thing about banana pudding. It's the fastest dessert you can make. It's not very hard.
Speaker 1: This morning you make this morning?
Speaker 4: No, I made it yesterday.
Speaker 7: You just said you would lay and said this question made the pudding? Put the pudding in refrigerator. This had a night started for me, all right, sponsored by Basil hate. All right, went down? He allowed that makes you put down the pudding.
Speaker 1: That's what that's you put.
Speaker 2: Riding putting it.
Speaker 4: I had it on my chest sitting in the living room. Didn't rubbing it on my.
Speaker 2: Chest putting it?
Speaker 5: So wait a minute, so if the pudding, So, if the pudding is homemade, I made it for scratch, then that's kind of.
Speaker 4: Also, but it doesn't make up and down cream. You're questioned the cookies though, so let me just say the cookies about from the store. Take him.
Speaker 1: Let me just say that I.
Speaker 4: Supposed to break a short break because.
Speaker 1: That's a bake your baking.
Speaker 2: No I bought chessman, did you banking? You know what? Cookie?
Speaker 1: It's over because there's a.
Speaker 4: Little question about it. This is why it is completely creole. I mean, I cry o baked him, Freeze baked them.
Speaker 10: Crying.
Speaker 1: Fred, I just got a question. Your timeline doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: I cry o baked you.
Speaker 1: I know you had to work. I know you had to work the post.
Speaker 2: Last already I didn't won't even bring it up. I put them.
Speaker 1: Believe your.
Speaker 2: Cookies.
Speaker 4: Gonna say this like last time.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you guys know this, but last time I came on the show for a bake off. Afterwards Fred said, everybody said my cake one because they were trying to be nice to Actually that was your cake was better, Thank you, that was nice.
Speaker 4: We believe it's time.
Speaker 1: Just didn't try hard enough.
Speaker 4: And I think it was a great dessert.
Speaker 5: It's just matter there's some technical, some technicalsms conspiracy around.
Speaker 1: He bought the the bananas and he bought the cookies and you're supposed to make those things anyway. So what I will say, what I will sit your.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 1: So this has been a really fun bake off.
Speaker 10: I really enjoyed competing.
Speaker 2: Told this, you know what, I ain't even gonna see it.
Speaker 4: But to all that joke, disappointed thing is he actually can't bake. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He's made.
Speaker 4: This was disappointing. He's made some of the I told John it was a lone night. Hey, hey, se Wet you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta play the game, right, You gotta play the game.
Speaker 4: He came out, you got the skills. You still got to go show the game and.
Speaker 1: Banging. You can't say it ain't It might be, but it's all bod from the store.
Speaker 4: Even I could make so much controversy.
Speaker 7: Nobody goes home and say I'm making banana pudding.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm making the cookies to make it.
Speaker 5: But it's controversy on the time and to put that's where the controversy is.
Speaker 1: That's really, you know, Fred, you're at the post game show until when you get off the post came.
Speaker 4: About like to say, I'm thirty and then you go home and and then.
Speaker 2: I know you're at home.
Speaker 4: You're stilling to go down here right about before.
Speaker 1: Before we get Fred and Trouble, before we give them another alcohol sponsorship. I just want to say Merry Christmas to everybody. Congratulates this to Anna, appreciate the support. Thank you so much, and please make sure you like to subscribe. Ever gets your podcast. And that's gonna do it for today's show.
Speaker 4: And an a cake was not that good yeat