Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he.
Speaker 3: Scrugs plays Lounge down one show a week.
Speaker 4: Cowboys playoffs out of this thing here we are what time chat?
Speaker 5: At least another home team lost, Yeah, it's not the only ones. The bright side, okay, we're not the only home team that has lost.
Speaker 2: That is silver linings. I was like, you know, this would make me feel good.
Speaker 5: It felt like it made me feel a little better anyways, because it because it showed you that it wasn't necessarily just a fluke. Like we like, yeah, we went out there and we played horrible, but we all know what we thought about San Francisco before the Packers went up there, like they had no shot and they had a.
Speaker 2: Shot to win that game.
Speaker 5: And I mean, maybe it sounds cliche now you say any given Sunday, but I felt like Lafloor again, not for being familiar with him and seeing the way that his team has responded to play since lending Gold, since Aaron Rodgers departed. They gonna be a problem. That's a problem growing over there. Jordan love Is is a quality quarterback. But man, this analytics egg is gonna get somebody fired. Analytics is gonna get already.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even like that. But I don't I just don't understand it.
Speaker 5: When I that that that Green Bay game, I just kept telling myself, why is the floor doing this?
Speaker 2: Like you could have won?
Speaker 5: He could have won that game making the right decisions, getting down the red zone, going forward on fourth to one, that's six. Those six points cost them cost them the game.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the only one. I don't understan what I you know, we're talking about these games. Fourth?
Speaker 5: Was it fourth and five in that game yesterday Buffalo versus Kansas City in your own territory?
Speaker 2: Think it was like on the thirty? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Your defense is played decently the entire game. Kick the ball away, you're gonna go with a fake.
Speaker 2: Punt punt hamlet hal he played all year, don't touch it. Give him the rock, Give him the rock right there.
Speaker 5: Let him come on, man, this guy's played running back since high school. They're gonna put him in. They're gonna put him a fake point. You be better better off chance of letting Alan go out there and see if they can get it. They're running the face punt. And it's crazy too because if they don't run that fake punt, then they probably don't get that phone through the in zone.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: But it's still a bad decision, right because you don't know that's all about. Yeah, I'm just like, hey, man, your defense has to play horrible. Yeah, they caught fire a little bit, but you gotta you gotta still depend on your defensive bible to make him play. At some point, I legit said when they did that fake plint, I said, that man is trying to get fired.
Speaker 2: They're trying to get fired.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 2: Cole Harven saved the day.
Speaker 4: By the way, this players that's Berry Church has ser knew he scruts. Yeah man, yeah so so. Kansas City wins twenty seven, twenty four. Back in the AFC Championship Game. I thought the Bills would win this one.
Speaker 2: I did to I did. They missed some opportunities.
Speaker 5: Now dig digs with the drought like him with the bad throat, Well he got hit, Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: What what. They had an opportunity to win that game, but he fumbled the ball and they didn't pick it up. Yeah, oh yeah, that was huge.
Speaker 4: They kept dropping dropping picks and so you know, I hear both sides of the dan Olowski the days out there on on ESPN, you know, caeping for Josh.
Speaker 2: They did this run, this run. Man, that so lone. They be giving him so many excuses, like.
Speaker 5: They ain't watch the game. But I mean he has some quality throws. I mean I was one throw I think corner, not cornered, end zone right at the pile on all you out. I was like, man, that's a dot. Only only him with his arm strength can make that kind of throw. He better have some quality throws. Now, I'm not saying you wrong. I'm just saying you better have some quality throws. This Hey, let me tell you something. Pacheco is helping the running back market hard man, because you get a guy like that who you didn't expect to do that last year, and you see it once again it's not a fluke, right, And you see a guy or like Gibbs who's also helping the running back market where you say, okay, these are the type of guys who deserve to get paid ten million dollars, eleven million dollars. When you got guys you've seen the angle route they ran out the back. Yes, but you have to you gotta be able to do stuff like that. Christian McCaffrey, Gibbs, those type of guys. You got to be able to do that. If you can't, you got to run like Pacheco.
Speaker 2: He run like something wrong. What I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: To be able to close the game out like that, get eight yards on first down right when everybody knows you about to try to run the ball like. To be able to do that, you got to be a special type of player. So shout out, shout out to them, because I've seen somebody saying something about all they can't do nothing.
Speaker 2: Georgian Love can't do nothing without a run game. Gonna tweet us.
Speaker 5: I said, all the teams in the in the playoffs got a ring game. What are we talking about? They use the running back? If they using I mean which I mean which which one? Lamar and Hill and all the guys dal you got, Dalvin Cook got out there, had him a big time run.
Speaker 2: Cook.
Speaker 5: Last night with Josh Allen, Running game Pacheco running game. I mean all these teams got Detroit.
Speaker 2: They all got running games.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear like you have to be able to do both play defense and run the ball. And I think that's when you look at the Cowboy and you say, well, can't run the ball. This must be nice. I wish I had one. But run out the Clock is like those teams that we just talked about. They had that all season, like like we've been waiting for the Cowboys to show up in the running game and make sure you can stop the run on defense. And then said, okay, we're gonna limp into the playoffs because we have two good games, a decent games where we stopped to run.
Speaker 2: Team has been doing that all year. So that's your hoping right now. It's the hope. Hope n oh man, we're gonna unveil this running game. I hope crazies yus we like our guys. Man heard that? Do they like you got to open up? We got season?
Speaker 5: He ain't it, brothers, because you know what's coming from I ain't say it's coming specifically from the player, but you know they voiced some expressions that if their parents or the brothers or siblings got enough, you know, to be like, I'm go online with this. It's coming from somewhere. It ain't just you know what I'm gonna say, This is because it is how I feel as the brother or the monk. It's just from a family member. So you can't really call it pillow this pillow talk.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You go back in the crib and you think you're having a drink and you just shooting you know what I'm saying, and then all of a sudden they come out, Yeah he said this.
Speaker 2: I was proud. I didn't need it like that exactly.
Speaker 5: This wasn't This wasn't for public consumption because you mad how old these people are on Twitter. That's what I'm saying, man, I'm telling you, listen to your old school folks.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: He sometimes because the young folks struggle with it.
Speaker 5: So I already know once the old folks get today, they're gonna really struggle with being able to whole day. Because this is why, this is why, this is why so so so so little heck, Little Heck just went on this on junior day this University of Texas.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, all right, So this is what happens.
Speaker 5: He started getting into Twitter beef or somebody start talking talking about him an adult and here you go. You know what I'm saying, Here you go, I'm that happens, that's my son. You're talking about anything but myself seen it many times. We are a media trained to mess with me and mine. That's what they said. And I'm gonna retweet you know my thumb thumbs.
Speaker 2: Ready what you say, We're gonna be on loud. When I saw how I let him up was interesting.
Speaker 4: And look at the platforms because ce Lamb's mom used Facebook.
Speaker 5: Now you know the difference on Facebook going crazy? What was the beef about? She was just like just upsetting, saying that the train man get rid of them. That's that's what I read. I haven't is anybody confirmed that was really his moment. Allegedly I thought it was confirmed, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I could be. I'm gonna say, allegedly.
Speaker 4: Morning News put it out there. They putting, they they gathering it all together, putting pushing stories out there. So uh, con Tad Prescott responding out there and to the DAK stuff. Soas Michaeh's coming back, saying out my brother to speak for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I'm in the Yord CD had yards and kitchenes the CD have this year.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 4: The man, the man was one vote away from unanimous All Pro and that's not good enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. I mean, that's you know, man, it's it's it's wild.
Speaker 5: It's got to be a pr nightmare to have a situation like this. But then at the same time, here we go hot jacking the news as teams are playing divisional rounds. But for all the wrong reasons. Man, I hated, I personally hated to see it. And look, being from an NFL family, I thank god that there was no.
Speaker 2: Social media around then.
Speaker 5: You know for my my uncles playing all coaching as well. It's tough, man, because nobody loves his brother more than than Terrence does. He lives bleeds with his brother. So when there's that disappointment, that's there. I know his words are for the disappointment and hearing people come after his brother on Twitter and in that space. So look, it's a knee jerk reaction. But the truth is, man, we're all hurting in that sense from a fan base, and we can't separate him from his blood and what he's saying, But it just looks horrible to everybody else.
Speaker 2: On the outside.
Speaker 5: You know, I will say this to bring it back to the football realm. Is you know, when are you know, these star players that we consider stars and you know, the upper echelon out of Cowboys, when are they going to be able to take that next step into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And lead the team. Because when we look at it other.
Speaker 5: Teams, Mahomes, he steps up for Kansas City, even Josh Allen in some regards, stepped up for Buffalo to windows playoff games. Look at what Jared Goff's able to do out there. Those stars perform in big time games. When's the last time, you know, we've seen the star studed Cowboys perform and the big time playoff game I'll give you. You know, last year with Tampa Bay, them boys went off, they balled out, but that was against you.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, sailing Tampa Bay bucket. That's what.
Speaker 5: When is this team gonna you know, the star is gonna play like they do in the regular season. And we come back to this word pressure. You know, we come back to the word pressure. And I understand you know, we don't all you know, we don't like to hear that word. But there has to be some type of pressure on these players when they get to these big time moments because they pale in comparison to what they're able to do in the regular season. Can't But now that the season though, can we just go ahead and say this like and be real about it? Can we be real about this? This this fact here, the competition that we beat up on in the playoff, I mean in the regular season. You said, because you just said, we don't show up in the big time games, the big time games that we played this season. Okay, the Seattle Seahawks, the defense did not show up, Dak Prescott showed up. But you look at Buffalo, no San Francisco, no Detroit let us off the hook. We put up twenty twenty one, twenty two, they let us off the hook, went for two three times. So when you looking at Miami went up there, didn't play well. Like when you look at the big time competition, the playoff caliber teams that we played against, we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't play well.
Speaker 5: So I think now when you look back and you say, I think it's fair when people were giving that assessment of hey man, when the Cowboys play against upper echelon teams, it just don't look the same as it looks when we were talking about historically great defense or all of a sudden, the like the flipping Swiss and Dak Prescott in them looked different. Yeah, they look different, not against not against the ones that have been playing since.
Speaker 2: The Week eight team, and it hasn't been the case. So to me.
Speaker 5: For me to feel comfortable going into the season now that Mike McCarthy's coming back and we got the whole season, I got to see us be we got we play a first play schedule next season. When you play against those teams, you have to perform. And that's the only way that I'm gonna be able to sit through the whole the whole season to be like I think we got a shot, because other than that, twelve and.
Speaker 2: Five, I don't care. I got, I got. We're gonna finish.
Speaker 5: Let me go ahead and tell you right now, let me get you ready, let me get you know, everybody, get ready. We're gonna be twelve and five next year. We're gonna kill the regular season. We're gonna run through the regular season, we're gonna beat some teams. Everybody may say, oh man, y'all supposed to losing those guys, but it's not about that anymore. Nobody cares about that. What do you do when you get to the playoffs and I'm watching this, You guys have been watching the playoff games, and all I'm seeing the team's competing.
Speaker 2: That's it. Green Bay didn't didn't bring me any.
Speaker 5: Resolve to see them lose, But I just love the way that they competed, you know, and in a game where I think everybody, even the pundits, were saying that they gonna get ran out of the building, and they didn't because they went out there and they competed Texans. They first, you said, you're looking at the game, you said, okay, offense didn't show up, defense showed up special, right, and you're watching the game of course, like as we expected. Once lamartin them started getting hirt of figuring it out, figuring it out, put that team who was literally who we thought was playing with house money, new head coach out qu rookie quarterback, right, like you didn't expect that to be the case. When they went up to Baltimore and they went up there and they look totally different. I think we are the one US in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: It was ten ten and a half. Yeah, it's ten ten and a half in Baltimore. And then Lamar said he pulled cut some folks out at halftime and it was twenty four to other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they were playing for Cleveland. Didn't show up. That's what it takes. Cut some folks out of half time. Somebody did it. Yeah, that's NVP Loamorto.
Speaker 4: Hey one touchdown quarterback.
Speaker 5: That was good, really good. He the MVP. Man shout out to him man because he looked, well, that's gonna be. It's some good football games going on this week. And I'm telling you this, I'm not picking the Detroit lines, but I show hope they win. I show hope like I'm gonna continue. I got a guy on this coach. He's a live backer coach, Kelvin Shepard on the roster. And we've been talking about Dan Campbell and how these dudes play for Dan Campbell and he has a coaching staff full of former players and it's a reason why it translates to what they from what they were to what they are now because the belief that the players have and the coaches because they've been there and they've done it before and you just get to watch it and see it and it looks different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can I ask you all question real quick?
Speaker 5: Y'all think it's more important for the head coach to be able to relate to these players and to get the players to believe in them or having a guy that's like a Shannonhan where his his system is what it is and it's successful because it's a productive system. But do you think, you know, getting over the hump wise, is it the coach that can relate to the players, not necessarily calling offense or calling defense, but motivating men out there. Do you think that's more important quality of a head coach or the ex'es and oo's that come with it. I'm just gonna say this, and just talking about Detroit man that they came out of that tunnel looking like they were they were not gonna be denied, and the way that they reacted and responded. I mean, it's a back and forth game, but they responded, they competed, and I can only put that to their coach who everybody, like some people thinks he's a weird guy.
Speaker 2: You know, but man, nobody gets the attention of their team like Campbell does, and they and they play for him.
Speaker 5: So I don't like the exis and knows that if your scheme putting you first, you got to put them in a position to be successful anyway as a coach. But the fact that they go out and they competed the way that they did it speaks volumes about what you just said about the coaching staff and the way that they go out and compete for I think it's I think it's the Dan Campbell type of coach. It's the who do they respond to? Right, because I think that lends to accountability, right because now when I think if you're I don't know this to be true, but if you're on the Detroit Lions and you miss a tackle, somebody's holding you accountable. Either a coach or a player is holding you accountable, but not knocking you down, but saying they, man, hey, let's pick this up. If we want to go, we need to go that. You need to make sure that you're on your p's and q's. Oh you out of your gap? NaHg, we're not having that. All right, come over here, Let's make sure that we own our stuff and if we lose the game, were going in and we watching film as a team like that type of stuff, that accountability. Because Dan Campbell has made sure he communicated that all the speeches that you see in on Hard Knocks and all that stuff, you can tell that that is how the team operates, and I think that is what makes a great team. Even talking to Deware about what they had in Denver, He's like, because we were a team and we held each other accountable. People help me accountable, I help Von like they held each other accountable. And I think that is the mark of a great team. And you see it in Detroit.
Speaker 4: Staying on what you're saying about holding people accountable in the room, I think as a coach you can do it several different ways. Chuck Noe wasn't sitting around yelling anybody. Tom Landry wasn't yelling at anybody. Tony Dudgy neither. But they all held everybody accountable. You know, those men give me that stare you should by John Shuo stand Jimmy did it in a way more like Dann Campbell, and it works. Dan obviously was under Sean Payton and Bill Parcells. They did it a certain way, but all of those coaches held you accountable. And then the type of clubs they had, the men in the room held each other accountable.
Speaker 2: And when I think about the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys right now, who's holding each other accountable in this room? And when you all saw the videos that Emmett and Michael Irvin put out there, and to me, the underlining thing was these they were saying, too many of you guys wearing the star are acting like you've done something or you've put up a banner and you have not, and it's embarrassing. I think it's embarrassing for the former player when you talk to off camera and you just get you know, unfiltered. It's now right right, they'll tell you right now. They look at these like these guys.
Speaker 5: These dudes, well yeah, and then you go into the weekend and you see the foolishness on social media, be at your family or not. I'm still calling smoke where smoke. Where there's smoke, there's fire. So somebody said something somewhere, But that is still a you to where when you're talking about those type of guys and they look at them.
Speaker 2: They say, oh, man, not my cowboys, Yeah, not my Cowboys. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I believe it. Adn't see that from Philly. Believe it or I have a messy as that thing ended.
Speaker 4: So Mike McCarthy says he will not take responsibility for anything in the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: Let's recap Mike's.
Speaker 4: Press conference as he's coming back to the Cowboys. Mike right here on the player's side with Barry Churcheck, Maharrison, Danny m crab News Scrutch. This is players Line Bronte by Tostinos on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny mccraid Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be yours.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys Smearnough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home are away, We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back back to the players lounge.
Speaker 5: Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys. Yeah, you're a twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year. Now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote on nfl dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mharson, Barry Church, He's here, Danny mccraze here new he scruts the plays Lash brought to you by tilstitos So.
Speaker 2: Mike McCarthy held press conference on Thursday.
Speaker 4: And the Cowboys announced, well, Jerry put out a statement the night before saying McCarthy's coming back.
Speaker 2: They believe in McCarthy. One year left on the deals.
Speaker 4: Mike sits up there and he asked the press conference about things, and one of the things that stood out to me is when he said he.
Speaker 2: Will not take responsibility for.
Speaker 4: The last they ask him the exact question.
Speaker 5: But they asked, why should people believe in you?
Speaker 4: And you know, he talked about how we have a championship program, just have resulting in the World championship.
Speaker 2: But you know, and he believes in himself. All that to me.
Speaker 4: By the time Shaquille O'Neill said, I went on every level except college and pro.
Speaker 2: My dog didn't say it.
Speaker 4: Championship program, and I you know, in my mind, I just simply said to myself, the very reason why you were brought to the Cowboys was because the last coach couldn't get this team pass the divisional round, and the coach before that couldn't get the team past the divisional round and the coach before that. So what did you do when you talked to jar I know how to do this. I've won a super Bowl in your building, So you used everything to get the job.
Speaker 2: Now you want to go back away from it at the end.
Speaker 4: Now, dude, for four years, you've been here three times, you've been in the playoffs, and the two home games you've had you've looked embarrassingly bad, like the team wasn't ready to go.
Speaker 2: You now are a part of the last twenty years.
Speaker 4: Don't sit up here, back away from the table, because all I know is we watched a dude who used to play here, Dan Campbell, get hired a year after you, and he's gone further and take it Detroit places. And he had the whole thing on his shoulders too, about all the things in the past that were those two crowds in Ford Field. Them folks was out there for the last thing. Man, it's been bad for thirty years. They were there for that, and they brought they brought the energy. They did that part and his team did is Mike wanted to sit talk about don't don't look at me for last year.
Speaker 5: You know what, man, I ain't gonna lie to you. In my head, that's what I would have been thinking. I wouldn't have said it out.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I wouldn't process you don't that mell. Hello, hold on, I don't know the guys. I wasn't here, Like I'm not.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm not taking responsibility for it, but I but I understand the fan base, and I understand like how I need to speak to the fan base where I'm not. I'm not putting myself out there to say that. I understand Mike, you wasn't here. But also, if you don't get it done, you're gonna be a part. Like Louis said of the last few regimes that wasn't able to get them over the hawk.
Speaker 2: I like you, big Mike man.
Speaker 5: I thought you was cooking this year, specily against the bad the bad opponents.
Speaker 2: He was cooking.
Speaker 5: Okay, So but now Big Mike got another year where we ain't gonna hear they figuring out the offense. Uh, you know, it just wasn't clicking and we learned each other all that stuff. You now we don't have that and it's the last year to deal. Jason Garrett the whole same situation, says we'll figured it out two times.
Speaker 2: Jason had to coach last year's contract. This reminds me that mean when they say when you lie on your resume.
Speaker 5: This is I mean, first of all, the whole press conference was cringe. It was cringe, and the cringy part about it was it took him, you know, that long to have the press conference because there were so many questions about whether he was coming back at all. You have to make an announcement to say, oh, he's coming back. But now you're coming back without an extension, So where is the how do you how do you maneuver around the guy that is, you know, coach pro tem, you know you this, You're only going to be here for a limited amount of time unless you unless you strike gold. I think that there was nothing that Mike could have said that would have been positive that anybody would have took. He just gave them more one liners to take and say, wow, he actually said that. The truth is, I commend Mike for standing up there taking those questions because they questioned his character, they questioned his championship pedigree and everything that he's done in the past. But the truth is, Cowboy fans, nobody cares about that. Nobody cares. And like you said, Nuie, he was brought here to get this team over the hump, and of yet he hasn't been able to do that. He hasn't been and not only was he not able to do that, this year's team just looked like they were not even interested in the most pivotal moments. And so, look, I don't know where Mike can go right at this point other than just completely selling out, you know, to make this year be his best year, and especially it's all gonna count for him when he gets into the playoffs, because look, this team was one of the healthiest teams in the league going into the playoffs. They had every reason to be able to compete. And as we know, no year is the same, and so next year you may have those injuries, you may have a litany of things that you have to deal with that makes that be a slide. And we know we'll be sitting here all year talking about is this it?
Speaker 2: Every game? Is this it? You know?
Speaker 4: And to himself, no, he did. You got a contract extension, you had two whole games. Everything, everything he wanted was right there. Same for the quarterback and an all Pro linebacker, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: What Detroit did was what you were able to do. Set up for you to do the same thing.
Speaker 4: What you do, pee down, you leg again at home again, and he's gonna stand up there. No, No, we're looking at you. That's why you're here. Okay, I'm one of the dudes. Hey man, get Jason Garrett up out of here. You can't get it done. Well, dude, you ain't done anything more than Jason.
Speaker 2: He about to start getting a Jay treatment because Jason. All right, Jason the first.
Speaker 4: Time guy here telling us about Hey man, this is what I do.
Speaker 2: I got a championship. Pro said he had a championship.
Speaker 5: He did say that. He did say that he had one like back in fourteen. Anybody he taking it now? He was take responsibility. Okay, he loved them with that.
Speaker 2: Champions championships around here now under shirt. He was thinking that he wasn't supposed to say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't say I understand. I understand what he means. I'm just not saying it out loud.
Speaker 2: Hey, super Bowl coach coming here. Guy who's one one in the state. I bought into it, hook line and sinker. Remember you full of kool aid, brought it in. Remember the whole you had mixed it up? And yes you are buried. Man, I get a couple of so now when you're talking about no extension. That's his fault. One hundred.
Speaker 4: I have no sympathy for Mike on this. When you go hire somebody, hey man, I got a one year deal. Okay, all right, but shake some mans. Better get out here to shake.
Speaker 2: Hands.
Speaker 5: Whoa he said hands, He said hands, he said, it's out.
Speaker 2: This is a problem, and people getting tired of it. Man, they're tired of it. If they don't want to hear it anymore.
Speaker 4: And if I might, this needs to be rolling downhill to the players go up in the locker room. Hey man, make some tackles, Hey catch the ball, block somebody do something, because we're seeing other people do it. To watch the Lions, to watch the Buccaneers, to watch Houston, to watch these other teams.
Speaker 2: If you're a Cowboy fan, you should be upset, like.
Speaker 4: Really, heck man, you talked about your son going down to Texas and how awesome the facilities were, and you talk about what out here the facilities are awesome. You talk to players who come from other teams like, man, this is all great. Everything these guys want to compete and win is here and it's not getting done.
Speaker 2: And you know, the fans should be upset.
Speaker 4: They should be mad and when I hear that stuff from McCarthy, I told you, man, I spent that run covering the Texas Rangers. Bruce Bochi sitting around there talking about I got a championship program.
Speaker 2: He didn't have to, you know what. He went out there, did his job, got picked up his fourth ring.
Speaker 4: And it's such a big difference from what I'm hearing over there and what I'm seeing around here.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: It's just ridiculous, man, It's ridiculous, and it has to change at some point in time, man.
Speaker 2: And it starts with the head coach.
Speaker 5: It definitely starts with the head coach. And it comes down to something we all talked about earlier.
Speaker 2: In the segment. One was accountability.
Speaker 5: I mean, you look at it outside of Dak Prescott, because I believe Dak Prescott when he gets on that podium, he says, hey, it's on me. You know, I didn't play well enough to get us. He's the only one of these players that's taking accountability. When you look on the defensive side of the football, as great as Michael Parson as it is, what does he.
Speaker 2: Do when he gets online?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Or hold me, how would you expect me to do. I'm getting double team, triple team. There's no accountability on this team.
Speaker 5: And when you talk about Michael McCarthy, he doubled down this year. He went out there and said, you know, I'm gonna get rid of get rid of Kellen Moore because I'm calling the plays out here. I'm gonna be able to get us over the hump and get us to that championship level. And when you get into the biggest of moments, you're not able to do that. So he has no one to blame but his self in this situation. And I believe you're right when you talk about.
Speaker 2: He's got to go down to that player's locker room.
Speaker 5: He's got to get in that locker room in the mix and understand and get a heart beat of this football team. You know, where are we lacking at right now? Why is no one taking accountability outside of our quarterback. There's got to be some things that are changed in this situation. Because he's on a one year rental right now, and if we're keeping it a being, he's on the way. If he don't get it done this year, he's ninety nine percent probably gonna be gone. So he has on a one year rental right now, and he's got to change his locker room, he's got to change his team overall.
Speaker 2: Is this a situation where.
Speaker 5: You, like you start to say, well, I know, Jason Garris just said the right kind of guy. Okay, you need a few of the right kind of guys, those hold you accountable type of guys who who not only holds you accountable, but then their their level of play is there, so then they have the legitimacy to say, hey, man, play like me. And if you not, then just get on up out of here and we'll figure out how to get this thing done without you. Right, come here and do the right thing, study the right way, get out there. Discipline penalties again, make sure that you're being held accountable when you have these pre snap penalties, Like you have to have a group of players that are like that because it looks like, you know, because we do have d Law and then you got Dak Prescott. But outside of that, when I'm talking about like leaders that speak up, how many do we have on the roster?
Speaker 2: Got the Tyren Smith's not that type of guy that jumping outside right there on. Yeah, and I'm at these games.
Speaker 5: I'm at these games, you know, doing my post thing, post game thing right next to the locker room when.
Speaker 2: You sit there, there is he's one of the first people.
Speaker 5: He's actually the first person out of the locker room after each and every game. Like when they lost in the playoff game, there was no I'm gonna sit here and I'm gonna talk to the.
Speaker 2: Media, and there was none of that. He got dressing was gone.
Speaker 5: And I'm talking about Parsons right now, I mean, the best player on this team. There's just there's just no accountability to it. There's no like, man, what can we do to get better? These guys are in the locker room and they're gone. There's no just you know, man, as a team, like how do we get better? There's none of that.
Speaker 2: I did my job.
Speaker 5: I'm gone, Barry. That's the most disappointed thing to hear. Yeah, that's the most disappointed thing about all of that, is to hear that. And when you talk about lead and guys holding other guys accountable, because that's the only way you build that championship culture.
Speaker 2: It can't just come from the coach.
Speaker 5: At a certain point of the season, it's got to the players got to be the one delegating to each other.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what if any good coach loves that.
Speaker 5: You know, I've interviewed enough coaches to say, man, my players are the ones that are leading practice. We don't even have to be out there because they're taking care of because they're holding each other accountable. But you can't hold guys accountable when you're the main one giving that culture of excuse giving. You can't be the guy that's out there saying, hey, do it my way when you're the guy that's jumping out sides. So I agree with what you're saying. You have to bring in those kinds of athletes. Are those kind of guys that have been there, done that, but have a strong record of being a leader. And I think that's what Stephan Gilmour to me, that's what he was brought in to do, to be that because he's a guy with the skins on the wall that can say I've been here, done that, and follow me in do it my way. But all of that gets drowned out, especially after an embarrassing loss like that, and you're talking about a guy leaving the locker room, not you know, standing in the line of fire.
Speaker 2: That just makes it even more embarrassing after the fact it didn't either. They be out quick.
Speaker 5: It is it birds hearing Campbell, Who's I'm left? I let them watch Remember the Titans? And you want to talk about account of building that like, that's the type of stuff that I'm talking about. I know, I know that's a movie, but but I'm just saying though, but that's a group of guys movie, I know, but a group of guys who hold each other accountable as a team to where sometimes you see the coach and be like, no, let him go ahead. And I may sound kind of old school with this, but you was in those locker rooms as well. When you take a tough loss. People getting cussed out, Team Messa yelling at each other.
Speaker 2: Something's going on. You might have to break some stuff up. Why aren't you doing this? Why don't you man after these l's?
Speaker 5: I see the Cowboys the locker rooms as quiet as a mouse, people just getting ready and getting.
Speaker 2: Up out of there. There's no Jalen Smith.
Speaker 4: I remember the time, and you guys may forget it, but there was an NBC Sunday Night game that got flexed the first time ever a Cowboy game had got flexed by UNBC since they started, and they asked Jalen Smith, you know, feeling about this and kind of ways, No man, owner ain't tripping.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Yeah, It's like wow. So now now you're comfortable kicking off at noon?
Speaker 5: We had them conde commercials and uh, the lifestyle man with paid five hundred thousand to get all the jerseys up, all right.
Speaker 2: And and that's.
Speaker 10: The GODNA take a break, yeah bro.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound that's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 2: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 2: Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Loud.
Speaker 5: The ninety ninth annual East West Shrine Bowl will feature one hundred and thirty of the nation's top NFL draft prospects on Thursday, February the first at the Star in Frisco. Tickets are as low as twenty dollars are available at Shrinebowl dot Com. Proceeds benefit Shrine Those Children's all right.
Speaker 4: Steve Sarkisian Steve Smith Senior, by the way, been selected to the East West Shrine Bowl Hall of Fame, and they will both be inducted on February first, so they will be here, so shout.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah, man, make you get out there, check it out a game. We'll be here at the Ford Center, all right.
Speaker 4: Danny mc craig, hech Ma Harrison, Barry Church or New Hiss Cours Players Loune bought by Tostitos. So the final four is set. It will be the Kansas City Chiefs going to Baltimore to take on the Ravens. Ravens e two and a half point favorite and the forty nine Ers are a touchdown favorite over the Detroit Lions in the NFC Championship game. Super Bowl will be in Las Vegas. Okay, hey, thinking of today, then we might as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rest of the week. So let's go see the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Thanks, THANKSI Rims come in twenty eight years in counting. We're supposed to beating up on the lines.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to be the rematch. Creator is the rematch.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 2: They let us up to hoop the first time.
Speaker 4: All right, So give me, give me Baltimore, b more Baltimore and Lamar Goo go quarterback eat and give me a twenty four to twenty one Ravens victory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is just be Moore's year. Give me Baltimore in Baltimore, give give me thirty one, thirty one, seventeen. Yeah, I think it's gonna be one of those. Well, it's gonna be one of those. Yeah, based off of what I saw. Man, I'm gonna go with Baltimore as well. Thank Baltimore will pull this on out. I'm going thirty five twenty eight. That's gonna be a close game. Twenty eight, twenty four Baltimore Ravens. I think they give this Kansas City defense everything. Running game. Quarterback likely look really good out there. Man, you have him and Andrews that.
Speaker 2: The defense looked good.
Speaker 5: Number Hamilton the safety call, oh man, and you need one of those. Everybody need one of those.
Speaker 2: And they played without Humphrey last week. Still was out there.
Speaker 4: So we've got Detroit the town at San Francisco, and the forty nine Ers are a seven point favorite. They did escape from the Packers once again. A field goal kicker can't do his job and it cost the team. I hated for our guy, Rich Pisati, who's the special teams coordinated for Green Bay. Give me the forty nine Ers to win this one, and I think it will be a close football game. But give me the Niners to win thirty to twenty six.
Speaker 2: Give me the Niners as well. They can run the football.
Speaker 5: I think they'll be able to run all the Troy So give me the nine Ers twenty eight Detroit twenty one. That's probably one of the hardest because because of everything that we just said about Dan Campbell. That's why this is so hard to judge this game, especially and also the way that Green Bay competed. But man, I gotta go with the forty nine Ers on this one. I think forty nine Ers will be able to shut that running game down. Green Bay had some success that I didn't think they was gonna have.
Speaker 2: The running game. Yeah, I'm going to Beatrick score.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I gotta pick it right. Let's go with something close. Let's go twenty four to twenty one. So I'm a standings Island on my own. Okay, Detroit Lions, Deebo Samuel is fifty to fifty according to Shanahan, and if he's gonna play or not, and we see what they look like without Deebo Samuel in the game.
Speaker 2: That's true. Rock Party looked a little average game, and this running game for the I think it's.
Speaker 5: Gonna give San Francisco all the problems that they want with gibbs uh in Montgomery. So I'm going Detroit Lions thirty one twenty one.
Speaker 2: Points de Troit.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, man, if Dan Campbell is there and Aaron Glenn and Brad Holmes and Jared Goff, good for them. I would I'll stand up and clap for It'd be a great thing for their city and their team. And Jared Goff is from the Bay Area, so if he can go back on home and win in front of his family and friends.
Speaker 2: Man, hey, man, the port of healthy.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just looking at their squad like they have no reason not to go up there and put up some numbers on San Francisco, Detroit and Baltimore super Bowl. The whole city is.
Speaker 2: Smell like oh bab oh babe, crayoking crowd.
Speaker 5: If you're a rapper, you make sure you're hosting a concert out there, so old now, you make sure you get booked and busy out there. They gonna be lit for us. Man, I'm tating stuff on the stage. They're gonna be no. You know, they don't understand.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 5: Y'all are recklessly, the miles going around a mile, lighters sold out all across the city caused.
Speaker 2: This is wild. Cardier's Gate is a mile around.
Speaker 5: Off the shields, ain't no nothing.
Speaker 2: All that, the black miles not in black and white. They're gonna be.
Speaker 5: Incredible everything, Baby, what you sipping on? It's gonna be fights in the street.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like it was.
Speaker 4: Man back in the day when the Tysons fight. Tyson's fights were there, Man Wars Hotels.
Speaker 2: What off the chain? I mean people walk straight up?
Speaker 4: Hey, man, can get your creditial No, I'm wearing it.
Speaker 2: My brother Man.
Speaker 5: Crabs Tables was about to be at all the sands and the nobody moving to me.
Speaker 2: But nobody move.
Speaker 4: When the Tyson fight came in Vegas Hotel, it was different, different.
Speaker 2: Like the bad gold chains and diamonds get on, Different than the than the dayly head spikes a whole lot. We all know what.
Speaker 5: We all know what's coming. The birds on Las Vegas. Get ready, man.
Speaker 2: Cowboy fan will just be watching that, will be watching it hurt again. Get on a heater on them on crafts tables.
Speaker 5: Everybody gonna be one the referees, mister everybody leaving he High.
Speaker 2: We'll convene next Monday right here on the playoffs.
Speaker 4: We'll dissection more of the championship program and what you do going forward here, Uh, clearly, clearly, we'll dive into the defensive line.
Speaker 2: Oh guy, how that that has to be fished? It has? Is he on Tacos level right now? Is he tacos?
Speaker 4: You know, I'll say this, Please don't draft another player who played for Jim Harborough.
Speaker 2: That's that tap out on the white teas, you know, that's.
Speaker 5: All cool, tap out on that.
Speaker 2: To play dB. All right, Uh yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Everybody stay warm out there, stay dry, keep it chin up.
Speaker 2: I'll come up tomorrows.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.