Speaker 1: Your mindsillion pieces, Bana bana.
Speaker 2: Bana, guys, gals, non binary pals, Welcome to a bona soda, bananas.
Speaker 3: What else you need to know? That's all you gotta know. We're here. This is extra content to help you get through each and every month. There's twelve months in most years, and this year is just the same. And we're here to cheer you up on a Thursday or whenever you listen to bananas.
Speaker 2: Hi, Scottie, you just got back from a big trip. I'm on a trip. We're just full of trips. Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we have the extra. Well, you're you're on a working vacation. Mine was a semi vacation. I wasn't supposed to be, but it did work every single night. Actually, I zoomed and pitched movies and TV shows every night, which is romantic in its own way. I can't complain about it. Would I rather be at the pool bar? Yes, But sometimes you just got to pitch a rom com.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got to I'm in I'm in Burlington, Vermont right now, Great state, Great state. I just had a massage. It's got it had a massage. I am I'm really I'm treating myself, how was it? It was amazing and I am even it was so good. And also I booked it like an hour and a half before. I I like, you know, an hour and a half early. I just was like, I want to do this, and then found one person who was available, and I want to shout her out. She's amazing kick at brilliant massage and skin and when an older, older Asian woman and it was one of the best massages I've ever had in my entire life. Fantastic, And Kiki was very much like giving me your card, like if you know anyone please, and I was like, you know what, Kiki, I will talk about this on my podcast because I thought that was so so excellent.
Speaker 4: So go go to Kiki. She's the best.
Speaker 3: If you're splitting wood, getting ready for the long Vermont winter, if you're tapping trees, trying to get sap out to make world famous maple syrup. When you're done at the end of the day, go see Kiki and get a massage at Brilliant Something Massages in Burlington, Vermont.
Speaker 2: Brilliant massage and the skin, that's what it is in South Burlington. It was really delightful.
Speaker 3: That is delightful. I years ago, let's say nine or ten years ago, there's a massage place in China Town in La called Spabulist, like five A's in the middle of it, and it's twenty five dollars or it was at the time, or thirty dollars. So when I would get done writer's rooms, like working with colleagues or Christmas stuff or holiday stuff or whatever, I would just give all the other writers massages to Spobulous. And they thought they didn't understand it. And it was a really interesting place. You go in it's sort of a communal room, and you have your massuse and then you sit with your you roll up your pants or whatever, and you sit with your feet in like a foot bath, and then they give you a large pillow and you put the pillow on your lap and then you lean forward so that your body's kind of curved over the pillow, and then they stand behind you and give you massage. Wow for an hour.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It was a really cool fun and like everybody appreciated. I think a lot of people first thought I was sending them to a place that like was just like a hand job joint. But I wouldn't. I would not say and writers to that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Not I honestly just didn't know if that was like a real thing. And then I called. I called every single massage place in Burlington today to try and find someone, and then one was just like yea, yeah, yeah yeah. And I was like, oh, do you have somewhere or twelve thirty or one. They're like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, just come. And then I was like, oh uh, this is not the way. Oh it's pace this work and there. And then I like looked them up online and I was like, oh, that's what that place is. Oh wow, look at that, and I just go there.
Speaker 3: But so I go there with somebody that I was like kind of interested in, and we were just like having a Chinatown day. And then, for like thirty dollars a person or twenty five dollars, I was like, do you want to go grab a massage? Yes, let's get out of the heat. And so this woman and I go in and she's like this is so cool. I'm like, I know, this is really fun. She's like, are we going to be in the same room. I'm like, yeah, you stay fully clothed. You literally lean over a pillow with your footpath, and so we go in and we have these I have a woman and giving me one, and then she has this man giving her one, and we're next to each other. We're as close as two people sitting on a bus together. And it's great. I'm getting a massage. It's elbows and my back muscles, and I hear and the man next to her or the messeuse next to me, he goes, is that is that pressure? Okay? And she's like, can you go just a little harder? And he's like yes, And then I don't know, five minutes, maybe not maybe two minutes goes by, and she's like, can you just like maybe even harder? And he's like harder and she's like yes please. And so I'm sitting there getting tortured, feeling good, but I'm eavesdropping and she and then like they keep going, and then they're like, can you go, like just a little harder? And he's like you want me to go harder? And she's like, yeah, just as hard as you possibly can. And then he's going and then he's.
Speaker 5: Like I can't do any harder than this, Like it was exhausting him. He was wearing himself, and I honestly was like, this is just going to be a friend. If this is the normal level of massage this person can take, there are things she's working out that I won't be able to attend to. And sometimes it's good to know that sometimes maybe we should all go get a couple's massage even before we're.
Speaker 3: In relationship with somebody. Really let you know who the person you're dealing with is.
Speaker 2: I can't. I mean, like I do not. I've gotten one hard massage once because it was like I had like just I work from working out. I was like, no, I'm just gonna go and I'm going to like get a you know, a time massage and I'm going to say, do it hard. And I was in pain. Yeah, I was in pain the whole time. And then afterwards I didn't feel any better.
Speaker 4: I did not feel sore better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just felt sore. I was like I was sore when I walked in there. I don't need to be additionally sore.
Speaker 3: I know. And the opposite I've had, really I've had massages that were really really weak, like just that also sucks. Yeah it does, but at least it's kind of like I'll just take a face down nap. I'm just getting my back rubbed, and I'm taking a nap like a three year old. And that's more pleasant than wincing and being in pain and pretending that you're not, because when you're a guy, you just have to endure pain, and so you just go.
Speaker 2: That was what was good about this massage again be a brilliant massage, was that it was because it was like, my legs were really sore, and it was hard enough. It was hard enough. There were certain moments where I was like, damn much, but then most of it was good. And then there was a lot of stretching as well, and I was like, I need that stretching.
Speaker 3: Okay. So when I was flying back from this vacation, I don't know I sent you. You know, cell phones work a little different over there. I sent it to you, but I don't think it came through. So in the airport, I was in Verona airport, very small, very great. Also, Verona way underrated. People always go to Rome and Florence and milan'sa yea Capri and all those. Verona very charming, old school, cool city. And I'm sitting there and I see a gentleman in a suit jacket tucked in orange shirt. He's got a sort of a scarf neckerchief thing on, and he's pacing with a laptop on his shoulder, and I realized he is talking. He's talking into his laptop like a phone and pacing through the entire terminal, and I'm like, okay, here we go. And so I'm watching this man and then I sneak out my phone and I turn to record him because he's talking. It was like that show trigger Happy TV or whatever, where it was like it felt like a prank, speaking loud Italian into a laptop on his shoulder, like a cell phone that is just way too big. So then I look around and I realized that everybody my age and younger, all the millennials and the Gen z ers, are filming this man. Secretly, I'm filming, and I could see other people's cell phones in my video because there everybody's like and Kurt, he did it for one hour, for an hour he paced around. I have video. I will put it in the stories. I've never seen somebody just so boldly do something so silly, and by the end I just ignored him because I'm like, this is this guy's thing. He hates phones. He loves talking into laptops, something I wasn't really aware that you could do, but that you could do, I guess if you have a wireless signal.
Speaker 2: Was he holding the screen to his ear and the keyboard to his mouth like it was was folded.
Speaker 3: I'll show you a ohto now so you could see the screen is on. Yeah, it's folding like a laptop, as if it was on a desk. And he it was the pacing that really did it. It was the pacing around loudly talking.
Speaker 2: He's he's, he's okay. So it's on his shoulder, the flat parts there. He's holding it like a tray, like a waiter carrying a bunch of drinks on their shoulder with their hand and.
Speaker 4: And he's gotta. Does he have a scarf?
Speaker 3: Yes? He has Italian he's an Italian man.
Speaker 2: Does he also have a Does he also have a little man purse? Yes, he also has a little man purse. He is very Italian. He is just walking, just walking and talking because it's the.
Speaker 3: Most normal thing in the world. And you know what, maybe it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I uh.
Speaker 2: Around the corner from where I am, there's a place called American Flatbread in Burlington, Vermont, and I walked by it and I.
Speaker 4: Looked at it.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, it's just pizza. It's straight up and it's not even square. It's not there's nothing about it that's bread. It's it's round, and it has cheese and it has sauce and it's just pizza. And I was like, what's up with American flatbread? That they were was is pizza too ethnic for them? That they would to swap out a two syllable word for a six syllable word. And I just I just want to name. I want to open a store next door called American Circle Cake, a donut store. I want to have a store across this. I want to have a Hamburger shop across the street. It called American Beef Sandwich.
Speaker 3: I like that too.
Speaker 2: That's not a pigeon, that's a that's an American eagle. No, that's a city eagle.
Speaker 3: Dude. I love that. Do you remember when I right when I first started working in TV and we were in New York, I was suddenly got very entrepreneurial where I was like, Okay, if this really works out, if I keep working TV, maybe I can open some businesses, maybe I can make things happen. And then you understand that rents nineteen thousand dollars a month and you're like, oh, yeah, this is never going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But my big thing was in the village in New York. I wanted to open a place called diarya burrito, and that it was a window a window service with three things. It had the best vegan burrito. I was going to get a chef to make the best vegan burrito possible. Then like a Korean burrito because those were all the rage and delicious, and then one really great classic burrito. And then a patron frozen margarita machine that was served in plastic goblets that are like to go goblets. And then besides the window, there was the cleanest toilet in Manhattan, was the idea, and it was gonna be a gold painted toilet, and when you went in there was a mirror on the back that had a crown painted onto the mirror, so when you sat down it looked like you had a little crown on your head. And I wanted to say, shit like a king today. And I was like, this will make so much money just in people buying patron frozen margaritas to use the Golden Throne toilet. Yeah, couldn't get it together. Just never made enough money to make that dream of reality. But I still think about it, you know, on cold winter nights when I'm alone, I still think about what diarrhea brito could have been. I the merch alone, the merch alone.
Speaker 4: I guess there is a possibility.
Speaker 2: It's just the people hearing the word diarrhea next to a food item.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fifty to fifty whether or not it would be successful. I do think that there is such a visceral aversion. It's like calling something. It's like calling something like the the bed bug hotel.
Speaker 3: You know, Yes, you're right, that's such a good That's the perfect example too, because.
Speaker 2: It's just a word that makes people like also speaking of.
Speaker 3: Hotel.
Speaker 2: Currently woke up this morning, Oh boy, and I woke up early because I wanted to. Uh, I have to wake I have like a six fifteen am flight tomorrow, and I have two boys, so I have to like finish my last show, come home, go right to bread, get four hours of sleep, get on a plane, and uh so I woke up early and went over to this place Onyx Tonics, Oh the best coffee in Burlington. Really got a four shot cappuccinot normal, drank it. And then I had heard that there was a a Brooklyn of Burlington.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Winooski for when people are done with the hustle and bustle of the four block by four block.
Speaker 2: Ber LinkedIn Version corporate, they corporate, they can go to Windowski. And so I was like, I'm gonna go to Windy Breakfast over there. I'm gonna start walking and I go to call an Uber and uh, twenty it's fifteen minutes away, ten minutes away, twenty minutes for Uber to come get me. And I was like, that's gonna take thirty minutes. I'm gonna walk. There was a forty seven minute walk and uh and I start walking and just as I get out of like the main area of Brillington where there is no longer any stores or shops or anything.
Speaker 4: Uh, that is when the quad cap.
Speaker 2: I had not anticipated I needed to use the lab laverage very bad.
Speaker 3: Absolutely that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And I'm just in a neighborhood. I'm just in a neighborhood. Yeah, and I don't know what to do, Like I was honestly, if I had seen someone, I would have if I had seen any human being, I would have offered them twenty dollars to come use their bathroom.
Speaker 3: Of course at their house.
Speaker 2: It was pure. And this is when you texted me. This is when you texted me. Then it was like, oh, we also have a bonus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah you were. I was like, how are the shows? And Kurt's like, oh, we have to do a bonus. So I was like, oh man, and then he's like I'm in a hurry or whatever, and I'm like, oh, okay, I got it. Now, I understand the context.
Speaker 4: I'm on a log walk and things are going poorly. Yeah, finally found a place, a delightful place. They were very nice.
Speaker 2: But I also went into three separate businesses and they all told me they don't have public bathrooms. And I want to tell you, if you live in Vermont and you don't have a public bathroom, that is shit. Only New York City polls, only New York City polls. We don't have a public bathroom.
Speaker 3: Fuck you.
Speaker 2: I'm so mad about that. I hate you don't have a public bathroom.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I looked at him and I was just like please, sir, please, And he said, no public bathroom. And I was like, I'm going to light this place on fire. That place was Momos. I'm gonna light Momos on fire.
Speaker 3: It was me, okay, good to you heard it here first. You heard it here first. That's not right. Help a help a grown man out.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Do you have a a would rather?
Speaker 3: And I have an advice? I have an advice that's just a written one, not a voicemail one. Let's do it?
Speaker 2: Would you rather? And then I got an advice here for.
Speaker 3: Here's a travel one. This might be the most I've been thinking about this all morning. Might be the hardest one for me to answer that we've ever been proposed. Wow, this was from Mary Kaufman. Thank you Mariy so much. Guys, you can send us would you rather? Anytime you want? We do bonuses once a month. We'll get to it. Would you rather find a live mouse in your airplane meal and the plane has to turn back around to the airport, or find a live mouse in your airplane meal and eat it so everyone can continue to the destination. This is so hard for me.
Speaker 2: That's crazy that we have to eat it. That's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 3: Everything else is pretty easy. This is tough because this is very hard. I am an aisle guy on a plane. I see I do. I do not like to inconvenience people. If I have to get up and pee twice, I would asking two people to get up. Would I just couldn't face the world. And yet if you were next to me and you had to go thirty times, it doesn't bother me at all. No, I'm gonna go get it. And I'm probably too I'm probably too big of a cheerleader. Can I go again? Absolutely, get in there, get in there, let it, let it all.
Speaker 4: You're weird about it, you're too aggressive about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, I'm good for two, three more of these things. We've got another hour on this flight. Get up there, say hydrated. You can cramp up up here. So this is tough because obviously I don't want to ever eat a live mouse. No, under any circumstances, I would quit the show fear factor immediately. If they're like, eat a eat a live mouse, I'd be like, yep, this is stupid. But if we were like over the Atlantic or the Pacific Ocean doing a jumbo jet and we were halfway to Hawaii, and and because of my well, also, I guess this hypothetical as you can't hide the fact that there is a mouse, because right exactly, I would just toss over my shoulder and pretend I was asleep, and a perfect.
Speaker 2: I would I would cover it back up and just be like, Wow, we're just gonna keep this in here where no one's ever going to see this.
Speaker 3: I want to when you land, when you land, let them go. What a great story he's got, probably salid In. All right, So would you rather find a live mouse? I guess have to report it and turn the whole plane around, or eat a live mouse so that everybody can get to the destination.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, oh boy, is I don't know on an airplane without tools, specifically without a knife, if I could eat a mouse, I don't know if I you know it?
Speaker 4: Also, does it have to be alive when you eat it?
Speaker 2: That's another question in the hypothetical it does, so, oh it does have to be alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in this it's live mouse, live mouse, and both examples. So I guess, I guess we'll take the wimpy way out, the non murderous way out, and say, I guess I would return the flight because.
Speaker 2: This can't I can't imagine how I would get it small enough to swallow it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: That's the that's my main I don't want to turn the flight around.
Speaker 3: No, I'd rather crash the plane. To be honest with you, these between these two options, I'd rather just say Nope, I'm stuck. It's been real. Yeah. I mean, I guess you could put it in like a whiskey. I guess you could ask your flight attendant for a double whiskey and just put it in there like the pickle toe drink, and just slug it down like an oyster shooter.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're fully conceiving of how big a mouse is. Like, even if it's a tiny mouse, you're still talking three inches right, more than that, and that's and that's not including the tail. That's just three inches of a body, two to three inches of a body, and that's probably an inch and a half wide.
Speaker 4: I just don't think I can slide that down my throat.
Speaker 3: Would you stand in the middle aisle and say, ladies and gentlemen, non binary friends, I'm going to eat this mouse so that we could Could you on to New Zealand. I would like a round of applause. Three. Let's count me down. The hero has arrived. No, I think ultimately for me, it's why kill a mouse? Why kill a mouse just to go to Delaware? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I feel like the mouse is gonna get killed when you when you land. Whoever's going to take that mouse is gonna immediately kill it and be like, how's the mouse on the plane, how's the mouse in the food? I'm not going to release it inside the airport. M all right, let's do some.
Speaker 3: Thank you for sending that one in. It was a tough one, it was.
Speaker 2: A good one. Here it is hopefully you can hear this guy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: I at ban boys, I am I'm Alicia, and I am sure seeking advice is kind of timely. October nineteenth. I don't know if you're still doing this because I'm to be used in the January of twenty twenty four episodes. But we are throwing a backyard ball on October nineteenth. My husband and I and I just so we have plans for like a games tournament on fire dinner and having it kind of like celebrate the end of August. Yes, not the fall, and I just wanted any tips or tricks to make it a little warm bananas. So we're doing like backyard games. I look at the time. Backyard games, we're doing like things like ladder ball and at throwing and what.
Speaker 4: Else we're doing cub whatever cub is, and that's where it ends.
Speaker 3: Some cub.
Speaker 4: So I cross realized.
Speaker 2: Thirteen fourteen fifteen, say.
Speaker 4: Okay, this will come out like with two days left.
Speaker 3: That's plenty of t A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's plenty of time. So these need these needs to be.
Speaker 2: These need to be ideas that can be quickly and easily pulled off, not something you don't have to order anything on.
Speaker 3: That household supplies. Well. First of all, great idea. You and your partners seem very fun. And these days celebrate everything. You could celebrate whenever you can with the people you like. We could play some cork and ladele.
Speaker 2: What's cork and ladele?
Speaker 3: Well we made it up once. Cork and ladle is. You should have everybody bring some sort of ideally a cooking ladle. You know that's a lot of people might have if you don't, maybe a big spoon that's good for a punch bowl and you hang it off the back of your pants like your belt. And then everybody, when you finish wine, somebody gets the cork. And if at some point in the night they can put the cork in the ladle without you noticing and say cork and ladele, then you have to drink whatever the party drink is.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me see if I understand everyone has a ladle.
Speaker 3: Hanging from their backside.
Speaker 2: I mean, that seems like it falls off pretty fast. Is that not the case, Scottie.
Speaker 3: I've never seen one fall off in my entire life. Of course, we only played this. We only played this one night, and it was in probably two thousand and six. But when you said it's got to be household supplies, my head went cork and ladel and I think we were just slamming aftershock. I think it was just like if somebody got a cork in your ladle. Man. We had a rough night, but it's fun cork and ladele. And then we ended up putting the ladle on the ground because we only had a couple of ladles, and then we just did think we had to toss the cork across the room like quarters. And whoever landed it in the ladle one also very fun and exciting.
Speaker 2: A delight that sounds delightful. Also for more information, she said that, uh, it's a cool climate where she lives, probably in the sixties. Uh, everyone's wearing full formal wear and boots because it's gonna be muddy. So so people are dressed up and it's muddy and it's outside and cold.
Speaker 3: Sounds sounds very potentially sad. So we gotta we gotta perk this up.
Speaker 4: Potentially sad.
Speaker 3: It's just cold and muddy and sixty.
Speaker 2: Sixties sixty is pleasant, sixties easy, sixties easy. I can't like, uh my feeling off the bat o is there is something about dumb college games that are genuinely enjoyable.
Speaker 3: Some are amazing.
Speaker 2: If you had some thing like a dumb college game, but the fancy version of it, like if you had flip cup with plastic plastic champagne flutes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it's so hard to do, so hard. No, you could do it. Somebody could do it.
Speaker 2: Or you had or the half full half full water bottle flip and toss and try and land it upright. M I like that game as well.
Speaker 3: I can't Okay, how about how about you go out and you buy one baby sized pumpkin for each person there, and everyone has to write the name. You have to give it a name and draw it a face, and then everybody exchanges it. And then the rule is within forty eight hours, everybody has to put that in a stranger's mailbox. And that's it.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. That's one percent.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to think of a name for that. We'll call it but something baby pumpkin, Baby Pumpkin.
Speaker 4: Baby Punkin hide and Seek.
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go, Baby Pumpkin hide and Seek.
Speaker 4: Oh, everybody, baby's Punkin Pikaboo, Baby Punkin pe.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're playing baby Pumpkin Peekaboo. And all you need to do, I think it was Alicia, is one pumpkin per person. Everybody has to draw a little face on it and give it a name and signe like Hi, I'm Kurt, Hi, I'm Scotty whatever, and then everybody exchanges and then the rule is you have to put it in a stranger's mailbox within the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: That's it. Super Scotty Scott is a genius. No folks, Scott is a genius.
Speaker 3: Well, that just sounds like something I would like to do.
Speaker 2: I would like to do that as well. Also, it's nice to give people a art activity in addition to games.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, that's for sure. And I'm sure this will have some sort of fire thing. That's what I went there first, like the idea of you're ending season, you're starting a new season, so do you is there something something where you intention? And then we're not an intention, we're something that something that you either want to get rid of or want in your life.
Speaker 2: And then write it down and everybody throws it in the fire right right.
Speaker 3: And then and then kurts game my baby bird whiskey in the mouth, baby.
Speaker 2: Bird whiskey in the mouth, which we invented at my wedding, uh, which is you pour with whiskey in your mouth and then you baby birded into someone else's mouth.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's delightful and it doesn't uh pass on any diseases or because it's whiskey, guys, it kills everything. Here's and here's what I actually want at my next dinner party. Here is what I want, because when you have a group of people that is larger than six people. Okay, you get stuck across and next to because you're always at one of those tables where it's like everybody's just across from someone and next to someone a long table, and I hate that.
Speaker 4: Even if I'm with the most entertaining people in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: So here's how it works. Every five minutes, you have to move. Every five minutes, everybody moves places.
Speaker 4: And we have to just figure out how.
Speaker 2: So if it's if it's if it's a long table, and it goes so the people on the far side move to their right and the people on the closer side move No, no, everybody moves to their right, so that it then shifts and you go around the corner like a conveyor belt. So then you're always talking to new people every five minutes and you meet everybody at the party in one meal.
Speaker 3: All right, let's add a song to this, just one song that's about the right length, because I think this is a great idea that every every time that song ends, you switch places. It's basically like social musical chairs. But then the song can be what's a good five minute song?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or do you do five minutes? It really just depends on how many people are there, because if you're all sitting down for dinner and it will only take like six rotations for everybody to meet each other, then it's you can do it for ten minutes, you know. Or but let's look for a song as well. If it's like a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's fun. I mean, I I mean, now I'm thinking one. I like this idea so much. Now I'm thinking, does our host couple make a little fall party end of season passport? Just meaning a little cool piece of paper that says, you know, Alicia and Steve's Winter Bonanza. Yeah, And everybody that's coming is told to bring a sticker and then you have to interact with every single person you get stamp or sticker in your passport to leave the party. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's great, that exist, that a one hundred percent should exist.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll do that for my next party. I don't know if I'm gonna throw a New Your's Eve party this year. I may. I might do a pants cutting party. I haven't quite decided yet. But if the next time I throw a rager, I'm gonna make social passports for everybody, and everybody has to bring either a stamp or a sticker, and then you can't leave until you visited every single island, every person. I love it. That would be so fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so fun. And people will forget to bring stickers and stamps, so you need to have a bunch of backs on the hand. That's right, you have to have hand. Yeah, you have to have them in the hand.
Speaker 3: But Scratchitsif stickers are on Amazon Prime and boyd that they smell like they did in nineteen eighty three, they all they haven't changed the sense at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, good one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, let's do it. Would rather than an advice.
Speaker 3: This is a classic. This is from Aaron Kate. Thank you, Aaron Kate, thank you, so simple, straightforward. Would you rather be reincarnated as a cat or a dog?
Speaker 7: Oh hmm, I know I would come back as a cat because there's sometimes a lad outside of the house.
Speaker 3: I think I'm already a dog. I think I already am. I'm like one. I just am already a dog that wears human clothes and has a podcast like I, I know what cats are up to. I want to know what they're thinking. M Also, cats live longer. If you're going to get a second time around the old wet marble. You might as well. Cats lived for a long time. They really do.
Speaker 4: I was shocked and surprised at how long cats live.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see oldest cat in history, oldest cat.
Speaker 2: I think it's thirty eight years.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that. I love that you had thirty eight years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just looked it up recently.
Speaker 3: Oh good, and three days. If you remember the name, I'm going to send a jersey Mike's to your house right now.
Speaker 2: No, I don't scuber skim.
Speaker 3: Cream Puff, which is a great name. So thirty eight days and three years was cream Puff. It was a great looking cat. And then oldest dog in history. See it's an educational podcast.
Speaker 2: It is an educational podcast.
Speaker 3: History known history. We should say was oh yeah, Bobby. We reported on Bobby. For some reason, I thought somebody thirty.
Speaker 2: Years, thirty years, all right, look at that. Hey, eight years, I'm going dog. I'm going dog, you diurney do dog, because it's not worth the extra eight years. Say that now that eight years is probably not that pleasant. We're assuming every animal is gonna live to the most age. And also, I just feel like I don't think I can deny my own nature enough to be a cat. You know, I'm gonna be a dog even if I was a cat, So why not be a dog? You want to have a new experience, I feel like I'm incapable of having one.
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean maybe it's there. It's funny because I don't currently have a pet cat. You know, Punk stayed at the cabin. Punk didn't come with, and when I moved here, there was like a cat. One day, I'm like, oh sweet, now I have a new cat. But then haven't seen it since. But every time I see a missing cat poster in LA, I truly have the thought, I hope I find it. I'll go keep this cat. It's like I don't ever want Jill. I'm not going to have children. It's not happening. But every once in a while, I'm like, in a horrible situation, if I had to take certain friends' kids or my nephews, obviously, but I would take them in a heartbeat, like and I'm like, man, that'd be kind of fun I mean, not the bad part, but everything after it's funny. There's something about cats. When I see a missing one or whatever, I'm like, man, I kind of hope that cat ends up just wanting to kick it with me for the next thirty eight years. Good old cream puff.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do some advice.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is from Abby CB. Hey, Abby CB. I think this is Abby's first DM to us ever too, so we gotta love that.
Speaker 2: That's not Oh heck yeah.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the DM machine gun firing responses. Hello, can I get some advice? I work in climate policy trying to stop fossil fuel companies from kill us all, which is pretty challenging and stressful.
Speaker 2: I can imagine it.
Speaker 3: Seems like it. I am desperate for a low key, silly hobby that does involve any critical thinking, so I can actually unwind and relax when I'm not working. What you got for me? That'd be great question? Thanks for fighting fossil fuel companies. I'm go in the market for a new lease, Kurt, and I'm I'm looking at at least hybrid's, if not full EV's, and I gotta say they're getting pretty good. Oh yeah, get and.
Speaker 2: Get a pretty good if you're gonna have one car, I would recommend plug in, plug in hybrid. If you get a hybrid instead of an EV, get a plug in hybrid because then la, everything's like under twenty five miles, right, so you can ride on electric all the time if you plug it in every night. Okay, I got that's my that's my that's my recommendation.
Speaker 3: I'm joining ABBYCB and fight against fossil fuels. That's my pledge. Fun low key Bobby, that requires no critical thinking.
Speaker 2: AI video bird feeder there it is, Okay. My kids have just forced me to buy one. I have one now, and it is what a treat. What a treat. It identifies all the birds that come. It sends you a little alert to your phone. Sometimes we have so many birds I have to turn my phone off because it's just like house finch, house finch, housefinch, squirrel, squirrel, house finch, house finch, housefinch. They get a lot of housefinches, right, and you.
Speaker 4: Get to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it like tracks everything and tells you like where, like who's coming the most, and gives you like graphs and everything. So that's kind of it's very low key. And then my next thing would be woodworking. I love wordworking.
Speaker 3: I think woodworking is a great recommendation and I I would like to do that also. I just say sadly. Yes. My I have several family members that you know, in retirement have found different things. I know a couple of them have started taking watercolors classes. Mm hmm, that seems delightful. My aunt Kate does it. My aunt Isabel's a great painter. She can already do the whole damn thing. But it seems like a great, easy, totally peaceful, low stress thing. But on top of those, I think, okay, if we had a friend in la that made a certain type of food that did drop offs, what food would be most exciting when when somebody was like, oh crap, Abby just texted she made blah blah blah of blah blah blahs. How many do we want, Lauren?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Because I think making a specialized thing that people actually want is maybe once and once a month, like not in everything you're making apple pies, because that takes forever.
Speaker 2: But something I don't know why I'm saying this. Oh, I'm gonna say spinacopita.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's so good, and if it's homemade and well done, you're just like, oh yeah. Also, it's not like god like horrible for you there's spinach in there at least, you know what I mean. So then you're just like, oh, I could definitely get four spentacopas dudeford.
Speaker 3: Okay, Abby, maybe already a cook maybe or not, but maybe you focus on and you give yourself a year of practice to really become ungodly good at at at that at I mean, God, that caught me so off. I'd bean baccava is similar. Ye uh oh my god.
Speaker 4: That is so it's a savory treat that you don't get that often, do you know?
Speaker 3: Breaking food? All Greek food is so delicious, it's crazy. Yeah. I would say, pick one very unexpected food item and slowly master it and to the point where you deliver small amounts to your closest friends on a bi monthly basis, meaning every two months, not twice a month, and just build up to the point where when that text comes through people are so excited. And then you can spend a lazy Sunday afternoon driving around, maybe get a friend to drive you around, and just do some deliveries to people you like and be like, yeah, we don't know why she does it, but it's so good and we look forward to it. Every time.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 3: There was a what are those Filipino for lack of a better word, A g rolls. They're called because I grew up with this kid, uh lumpia, Oh okay, spring rolls. They're a savory mixture of poor cabbage and other veggies. So I grew up with this kid named Colon like Colon Powell or Colon like your butthole. And his mom once a year would make like one thousand lumpia all day or for two days, and she would like she would give us some if we were in the neighborhood and we'd come over, and I'm like, every year I would look forward to this thing. But basically Colon and his sister had to bag them, and then she like had everybody's name on him and so this but for her, she was a Filipino woman, so this was a culturally it made perfect sense. But for you, Abby, find something that doesn't make sense and get great at it's something you'd love, something that you can slowly get great at and take a woodworking class. There we go. That both fun.
Speaker 2: That is a bonus. Sade folks, thank you so much, Scottie, thank you.
Speaker 3: I hope you have wonderful shows tonight the people of Vermont, laff and laf and laf and uh sorry, you gotta get up early and fly back. In the morning. I'll be here watching the Dodgers playing the New York Mets. And if you're bored late in the evening, I'll probably be in Atwater Village watching that game at a bar. So come join me for one.
Speaker 2: All right, sounds good?
Speaker 3: All right, buddy, but nandnrves. Hey, Bananas is an exactly right media production.
Speaker 2: Our producer and engineer is Katie Levine.
Speaker 3: The catch You Banana theme song was composed and performed by Kahan.
Speaker 2: Artwork for Bananas was designed by Travis Millard.
Speaker 3: And our benevolent overlords are the great Karen Kilgareff and Georgia Hart Start.
Speaker 2: And Lisa Maggott is our full human, not a robot intern
Speaker 3: MHM.