Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and aid. Turman alingaye.
Speaker 4: We want to send you off instide.
Speaker 5: We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 4: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 4: Was it fine?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Porn?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do your need ride?
Speaker 2: Ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need.
Speaker 2: With Karen and Chris.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 4: This is Karen Kilgara.
Speaker 2: We've decided to pronounce the question mark at the end of our title.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not just say the title, but really acted out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who says do you need a ride? When they're actually saying that to a person?
Speaker 4: Whoever says do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: If you really know exactly.
Speaker 6: Who they're talking All right, maybe that's where the what is it a stress?
Speaker 2: That's where the stress word should.
Speaker 5: Be on you you because just always pretend like you're talking to fifteen thousand people or more.
Speaker 2: Do you need a ride? Do you need a ride? Do you need a ride? Well?
Speaker 6: With my twelve tape series I will teach you.
Speaker 4: Rich down how poor do you need to ride?
Speaker 6: I don't know why I turned that into a seminar. I liked it, the do you need to ride seminar? Yeah, where you never have a ride? Where you never ever ride?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: How are levels?
Speaker 2: They're good? Sorry? I always get distracted by the levels.
Speaker 6: Oftentimes it's either the daytime reflecting off of my gauges, daytime reflecting off of my gauges. I think that I have a problem, a serious problem.
Speaker 4: I think your problem is everyone else's benefit.
Speaker 6: Well, I suppose because that makes them feel good about how they talk, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because it's god damn entertaining.
Speaker 6: There's actually been a few flippant comments about me and my trouble with the English language.
Speaker 1: Where on Twitter, and I.
Speaker 6: Know that it's all good and fun and actually coming from fans, but it hurts.
Speaker 5: It hurts, you know what The thing is when you open up the door like that, when you talk about it, then people feel that they can.
Speaker 2: Also talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, they forget that it's still a sensitive.
Speaker 6: It's like when I say, oh, my mom is so crazy, and then some friend goes, yeah, your mom is crazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, fuck off.
Speaker 6: Fuck you man, that's my name. Yeah, exactly. Yeah, I can say it, but you can't.
Speaker 4: That's why I try not to.
Speaker 5: And I know sometimes I do to you because I pretend like this is a private car ride instead of a public forum. I try not to talk about how much I don't like being overweight, because people will absolutely.
Speaker 4: Just fucking start telling you about it. That's the worst word of.
Speaker 2: Oh are you fucking kidding?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's a girl's thing.
Speaker 1: Girls.
Speaker 5: Every girl thinks she's fat, so every girl thinks she can talk to you like, oh, you're gonna say that now I can't do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's awful.
Speaker 4: It's not great. It's not great.
Speaker 5: But you know what, we get a lot of other great stuff, nail polish and doors open for us, and.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be worth it.
Speaker 4: It's so great. It's so much fun.
Speaker 2: You can call me tons of fun all day.
Speaker 6: But if you lay down a sweater over a puddle as you helped me out of a wagon, I will.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're looking for?
Speaker 2: You? Oh, you got a date or something?
Speaker 4: Oh? Is he right up your ass? Oh?
Speaker 2: And guess who's slowing down? I wish that a lesson.
Speaker 6: I wish I had a bumper sticker right now for this specific situation.
Speaker 1: He's gonna zip out to the left and pass you with.
Speaker 2: She's got a Masarati.
Speaker 4: Get out of Maserati. Insered a child in that car.
Speaker 5: It was a blue Maserati, a midnight blue Maserati. That's that's money wasted. Yeah, you might as well put it in a pile and burned it.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: There's no resale.
Speaker 2: Value on ahead, go ahead and buy a Maserati.
Speaker 6: But any color other than midnight blue, you're wasting your wool.
Speaker 4: Hate Carl Sagan. Midnight blue is not a good idea.
Speaker 6: I have a question because I hear his name a lot, and I don't want to any I think I figure, now that a lot of people are listening, it's a good time for me to admit I do not know who Carl Sagan is.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can tell you, But first of all, everybody, let's not give Chris shit for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's he's Carl Sagan is a very niche person. I was forced to watch a show he hosted in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Cosmos. Yes, he is an astrophysicist.
Speaker 6: I know what he looks like now he looks like he's a mustachelist version of the dad from Adams Family.
Speaker 2: He looks like that.
Speaker 4: Guy, right, Yeah, but his hair is a little bit more seventies full, it's not slicked back.
Speaker 2: I hadn't started on his hair care.
Speaker 6: Sorry, with really full hair, more so than the guy from Adams Family.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say next.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yeah, I don't know why I have to interrupt you all the time.
Speaker 6: Well some might call that, some might call it violently jumping on my words like.
Speaker 2: A like a sentence mugger.
Speaker 4: You you know what your sentences are worth mugging because with the daylight gleaming off your instruments or whatever you're going for it to see, that's.
Speaker 2: A bit Why didn't I just say daylight gleaming off my instruments?
Speaker 6: I think I said the daytime bouncing off my gauges.
Speaker 2: It's barely barely the same my version.
Speaker 4: You know, at these the way we use our words is our own fingerprint, our verbal fingerprint in life. And you know you're right, never a bad thing, it's who you are.
Speaker 6: What kind of a legacy am I leaving with my jumbled sentences?
Speaker 5: You're a legacy of humanity? Of human frailty, that everyone possesses a realness.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're super street.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, there's a kiss of urban to everything. I say, homie, and that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Ruth, motherfucker word all right, right, okay, okay, a bad word.
Speaker 1: We are like that.
Speaker 2: I think it's the perfect You go ahead and say, what are we doing, Karen.
Speaker 4: We're here, I'll say it. We're going to Lax, one of our favorites.
Speaker 2: Would you say, Oh, it's the best, it's the best.
Speaker 4: Wanted to go to. It feels very official. Yes, of all the choices we have, which is two of them two, it's number one, one of the two. And we're picking up stand up comedian Aaron Foley, who is hilarious.
Speaker 2: She really is.
Speaker 4: She does the road like real comedian starts. Okay, she's just like a real comedian.
Speaker 2: She really is.
Speaker 4: She's a comedian.
Speaker 2: She's enjoyed.
Speaker 6: She has that thing where you know, I call it the Brian Reagan factor where you do well in la among your peers, where you're playing to the back of the room, as we say in the circuit. And then she goes out and she does the old road real gigs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she gets real depressed on the road like everyone we know that does road gigs.
Speaker 2: And then oh, we should mention that right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she will.
Speaker 5: I bet you will, because she's coming back from I believe she said something along the lines of a Jacksonville or something rough, like something in Florida, which is you know, we might have to pause the tape and hug her.
Speaker 6: When she first gets in in the car, or just announce right now that Florida is a horrible state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's rough.
Speaker 6: No, come on, all you listeners, and no, all you listeners out there in Florida.
Speaker 4: We just mean the actual earth of Florida.
Speaker 2: We don't mean the people that live there right right. It's bad soil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a bad idea to build a state right next to a gulf.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. You can't grow corn's soil.
Speaker 2: That's that's how.
Speaker 6: I rank fancy states, is their ability to grow corn.
Speaker 5: So we're going Kansas number one, Iowa number two, Kentucky number three.
Speaker 4: What grows in Kentucky?
Speaker 6: Oh, some kind of grass opinions about the president.
Speaker 2: Those are rampant this year. That crop mm hmmm. I don't know. I don't know much about Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Talk about politics, but did you hear that they cleared the Bengazi situation was totally cleared of all wrongdoing, Like it's been investigated, And they came out with a report last Friday that said all those allegations are false.
Speaker 2: Really, and it.
Speaker 4: Was a Friday news dump, so no one heard the story.
Speaker 2: It was even though we've been talking about it for how long now?
Speaker 5: Well, I think certain people have been trying to talk about it for a long time, but most people have been ignoring it, knowing it.
Speaker 4: Who cares? I hate this shit? I hate politics, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Even pretending to.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm talking about, I don't.
Speaker 2: None of us do, none of us.
Speaker 6: We're all just pawns in this big old fat man in the cat sky money game.
Speaker 1: You know, That's all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: Man, old Daddy Warbucks with his black and white tie, with his red, white and blue pants.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's wearing, but he doesn't listen at me.
Speaker 4: No way, Man, you're being lied to.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: We're being filmed right now. I mean we should be, should be just for YouTube promotional reasons.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're almost there.
Speaker 2: We are oh, oh yeah to the airport.
Speaker 6: Oh right, yeah we are, oh yes, popularity wise, and then also logistically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and emotionally and spiritually, oh.
Speaker 6: I can't wait too spiritually arrive at LAX. I had some trouble with that word spiritually. Spiritually, how do you feel spiritually?
Speaker 2: Ghosts?
Speaker 5: He was the best pastor I ever worked with. Yes, yeah, he asked me those great questions.
Speaker 6: Ooh, this comedian that opened for me for a few shows in small town, Texas a.
Speaker 2: Few weeks ago, where I was.
Speaker 6: Sleeping in the fetal position because I was feeling like a real Aeron Foley out there. They he was really funny and I liked him, and he had a way of speaking that even though he hadn't done stand up for more than a couple of years, he had great jokes and the audience just loved him. And I found out he was a pastor for fourteen years, and then he really one day was like, you know what, I never was that into all this. It was a job he started at some other level at a church, and the literally the pastor job opened up and he applied for it, and he's like, well, I know about the Bible. I've been picking some of this stuff up, and I get I think that he was not admitting to believing in it a little more.
Speaker 2: But as a result, the way he talked.
Speaker 6: Was really engaging, like he'd clearly had years and years of experience, and I realized that's more important than actually writing jokes. So we are pulling in lax. Hopefully no one's asleep because of my last story.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I I was looking at Aaron's texts, and then, to be totally honest, I just started thinking about some stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what.
Speaker 6: A lot of times I'll be telling a story and then I look at the person I'm talking to and they're just like.
Speaker 2: Eggs. Call my mother, check your bank account.
Speaker 4: I honestly think it's shave mine.
Speaker 5: It's a real thing with people these days, of just having the shortest attention spans of all time.
Speaker 2: Oh god, sorry, how long have you been? Oh I'm driving.
Speaker 4: I've just been preaching the word a lord over here.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 4: I guess my intonation is not that good. We're going to United.
Speaker 6: Okay, as far as I recall, United is left lane one of the Yeah we are, we're fine, We're doing good. I'm gonna do that shortcut that we're always afraid of. Cut through the parking garage. I think you have to go through it. You drive through the little arm, flip off the attendant, the usual. Yeah, okay, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Replying to her. Sorry, it's quite all right, you know what, I know what I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, I learned.
Speaker 6: If one thing I ever learned from comics like tig Or Todd Berry use pregnant pauses.
Speaker 2: And that's what we just did. It's a timing thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that's how that's how we learn.
Speaker 5: What I was gonna say was I heard Dave Anthony on his own podcast talk about telling his listeners to give us a review on iTunes, but not only that if you subscribe.
Speaker 4: Apparently, if you subscribe to this podcast.
Speaker 5: On your phone, it's really good for giving you some sort of popularity points or whatever. I'm not sure. I didn't ask him to explain it. I'm just basically repeating a trick that he could totally be wrong about.
Speaker 2: Mobile is just taking over.
Speaker 4: It's what matters. So if you haven't subscribed and you'd like to, and I think you really should do it on your phone, then I don't know, we get.
Speaker 6: Something go to do your need to ride and swipe right, I think I did. I tried to tender your joke there.
Speaker 4: Pick us for your podcast for relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go.
Speaker 5: Eron just texted me there's a guy doing lunges while carrying his baby in a bjorn while waiting for hug bags.
Speaker 6: Well his bags sounds like we're picking up two people because I can't do without not having that guy in my life. Hey, do you do a really aerobic version of child abuse?
Speaker 4: Get over here, get in my car and roof with us.
Speaker 6: Please get oh billy, oh billy ocean.
Speaker 1: Oops.
Speaker 6: Quite all right, That, of course is the chime that means we are one fifteenth done with the podcast.
Speaker 5: Please take a moment, No, that was the time, and be in present space. Be here now, no matter how unpleasant or how much stuck behind an enterprise when a car bus you.
Speaker 2: Are, We really are stuck behind that spot.
Speaker 4: We are more stuck.
Speaker 2: Aaron actually texts Jack, what are you having a sandwich?
Speaker 1: It was just a red light?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well right, well what if his name is Jack?
Speaker 4: Lady crying?
Speaker 1: She said she is.
Speaker 4: She's all the way at the end of seven by the Cans, wearing.
Speaker 2: A trench coat and a cat in the hat hat and she's waiting.
Speaker 4: She's still waiting for her bag. So she said, go slow.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so let's go really slow.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go in the slow lane behind this molasses of a driver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good idea. Where are they from somewhere else?
Speaker 2: Has anyone ever called someone a molass hole if they're slow?
Speaker 4: That's another Fairbanks original?
Speaker 2: Hurry up, molass hole?
Speaker 1: If U f ing molass hole? I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna say fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: I seem to not be able to.
Speaker 6: What Yeah, no, not be able to It wouldn't be the end of the world because she is still waiting for her baggage.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, if we went around again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who cares? I don't care.
Speaker 5: We can really have a conversation. Yeah that's right. I'm gonna confront you about some stuff.
Speaker 6: Whoa, man, it sounds like we're gonna talk about We're gonna get down to the nitty gritty.
Speaker 2: Oh she seems athletic.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, let's go ahead and do another roundabout sure. Oh, I'm looking at her. I think I'm looking at her.
Speaker 4: In the jersey, but I don't think she cares a purse.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: She had the same haircut that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah she did. You know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: With the red purse, the girl in the red shirt.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's crowded all of a sudden, Look at this family of ducklings.
Speaker 4: Oh and the one girl fell too bad.
Speaker 2: Hey, older sister. Ooh look at her peg. Oh her pants. I just realized I've I've been.
Speaker 6: The last full minute has been about the appearances of people, and we're doing an AUDI cast.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 4: It's a real uh, it's a real, a rich scene at LAX.
Speaker 5: It's hard not to get into what you're seeing. Chris right now, is he just crossed five lanes of traffic to get back.
Speaker 2: Into the circle. That guy didn't need a hank.
Speaker 4: He's an old asshole.
Speaker 6: Yeah sorry, Oh, he's.
Speaker 2: Willing to haunt.
Speaker 4: He's driving a light blue Xterra.
Speaker 6: The guy he's mad because he doesn't he's not a star high school basketball player in Minnesota anymore.
Speaker 1: It's hard to.
Speaker 4: Be in law. You get to boss people around with.
Speaker 6: You because your little Nissan comes with a first gay kid. Okay, you go, can't be whamping.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's somebody, you know, hurry to go to the woods.
Speaker 4: This guy is sneaking peaks back here.
Speaker 5: He's got his arm out the window really unnaturally.
Speaker 4: And he's sneaking peaks at Chris because.
Speaker 1: He can tell that he's being mocked.
Speaker 5: Well all the wild Chris is leaning as far into the windshield as possible to make fun of this guy.
Speaker 6: I think we're starting to discover why I used to get punched in the face a lot.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing, there's a lot of idiots in this world, and why not give him a little back.
Speaker 6: I think I used to tell people a lot in my twenties, and that's when you get punched. But now that I'm approaching fast approaching forty, yeah, you get away with it.
Speaker 5: You know what, it's the same family, you know, it isn't It isn't. It's a totally new family that looks exactly the same.
Speaker 1: That's so awesome, they.
Speaker 6: Really are, And it's exactly the same number of members.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: But that was a Mexican family, and the other ones we passed were Asian of some.
Speaker 6: Sort, right, right, So that's why I didn't jump down your throat with my my you know, usually I'm like Jesse Jackson when I I don't know if Jesse Jackson's the right.
Speaker 2: He's doesn't call people racist, does he?
Speaker 4: Oh, were you about to jump down my throat for being a racist?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, because I knew that you just had confused them, that they were wearing the same clothing and the same in numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But no, that's the weirdest racist ever that just own that groups everyone that isn't white. It's like, oh, these damn wait, they're Russian. The last people you didn't like were Asian. Not that we didn't like them, you know what I'm saying, We love them. There's something I want to bring something to the last episode. No, it was I said something last time that seemed kind of homophobic.
Speaker 2: What was it, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think I was making fun of Dave Anthony's car and I said, it looks like your car was a butt bead that shot out of the ass of a gay man. I believe I said that, and I that it could have been a butt It just and there I've said it again.
Speaker 1: You know what though, but that what you didn't say?
Speaker 5: That apropos of nothing, It was a build out of right giving him ship for his car.
Speaker 2: And I thought he was going to go that route with me, so I jumped the gun.
Speaker 4: It was hilarious.
Speaker 5: It looked like you were kind of having a freak out, but you were playing that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know that I'm an actor.
Speaker 5: You're not only an actor, but you are. You are an activist exactly. You've been with the Act Up group since they started in the late eighties. You got violent in the streets.
Speaker 2: We scrubbed seagulls and do improv.
Speaker 4: It's not the group.
Speaker 2: I'm it's the same. I'd like to combine those groups.
Speaker 6: We are actors and activists, so they do like scene work while they're pulling, pulling.
Speaker 2: The clubs out of outer clubbers people's hands.
Speaker 4: It's all because life isn't one big improv.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hong Kong, and I want to do a herald from a green piece boat.
Speaker 5: I want to do a herald with a harpoon in my chest from defenders.
Speaker 6: Speaking of herald, Hey there he is, there, he is. I bet she's gonna be totally out here.
Speaker 2: I bet she thought that was Aaron Fuley.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, let's see.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna you know, what is it?
Speaker 4: This Asian teenager with a sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: No, no, that is not Aaron Foley.
Speaker 1: Is it this middle aged security guard?
Speaker 2: No, that is not Aaron Fuley. Okay, is this.
Speaker 4: This young boy in a yellow shirt?
Speaker 1: Is this the same family again?
Speaker 4: Look, it's a brand new family. Oh that's way more.
Speaker 6: I mean, why don't you announce their race too, Karen Mexican. Yeah, well all right, vaguely. They could be from bart.
Speaker 4: They could be from a Portugal Portugal.
Speaker 2: You know, when I learned Spanish and.
Speaker 6: College shortly before forgetting all of it, the teacher was from Portugal. Oh really, but she was teaching. You know, there're way different versions of Spanish. Their version Portuguese.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's stop Spanish.
Speaker 2: No, no, but it is.
Speaker 1: That's a way different versions.
Speaker 6: I thought it was just similar. I thought it was an accent thing or she let us think. But I've since discovered that she pretty much spoke two languages. And uh, you know, she had nice hair and I can't see erin.
Speaker 5: I kind of hate the way that dad just pushed his daughter back from the curb. I hope she does something rebellious later. He just basically looked and then just pushed her.
Speaker 2: Back yeah, yeah, he is doing goad.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: If anything that's gonna happen, it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be at l A X. I get it.
Speaker 6: Abusing your daughter as a small price to pay for saving her life.
Speaker 2: I just have always said that. My dad used to say that to my sister. He would she would get close to theirs is, I would honk.
Speaker 4: But she looks like the doctor from House, the female doctor.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I don't I haven't watched a lot of House episodes. Oh yes, do you think she'll want to get in the trunk? Hi?
Speaker 6: Hi there, it's so good you're already having fun here. I'll hold that for a second. I can't wait to have a drink her coffee. That's cold. It feels good on my cold source. It's an old joke, old joke. It came up with that in like sixth grade, before it was an actual threat.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, to see your good to see you, so good to see you.
Speaker 6: Aaron Foley is in the back of the Honda. Yes, we are, indeed nice.
Speaker 1: We're halfway through. Oh my god, good, thank you guys. Good night. Hi. Oh, good to see you guys. Thanks for dropping me off.
Speaker 4: Aaron, right over at the American terminal.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I sleep. I sleep in the American term.
Speaker 4: Oh, like, tell me like America, Aaron, where were you? Let's hear. Let's hear about it word.
Speaker 2: For word, geographically and then emotionally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Geographically, I was in Jacksonville, Florida. Emotionally I was a wreck.
Speaker 2: Oh but.
Speaker 1: I'm here. How long were you there? Well? I turned it into a week trip. I flew into Tampa on Monday to see Mary and Dick Foley's my parents. Oh yeah, so that was adorable. So we get to we got to hang out for like three or four days, and then I drove from Ruskin, Florida to Jacksonville, as you do, almost about four hours. Landed in Jacksonville, and yeah, never been Have you guys ever been to jackson.
Speaker 4: I've never been to jackson I don't know if I have.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need to think. I think you guys are good.
Speaker 2: I have not. I've been to Where have I been?
Speaker 6: I've been to Okalla, and I've been to Fort Lauderd and I've been to Miami.
Speaker 4: I've been to Key Largo and like the song.
Speaker 1: What are You eighty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm eighty and I'm very wealthy, so watching p's and q's.
Speaker 6: And as I get older, I'd like to visit every place in the song from Cocktail.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait, what if? What is that remind me of exactly?
Speaker 2: Cotail?
Speaker 1: Cocktail? Cocktail. That was a great movie.
Speaker 2: It's it's you know when you watch it now, you aren't gonna say that really, yeah, holds off. I'm currently watching Cocktail Drug.
Speaker 6: Not that this podcast is about me telling what I'm working on, but I'm gonna we're making a video where there's a moment we are repurposing the movie Cocktail and Forrest gumping me into scenes. So when they're doing the hippie hippie shakes, drink mixing and everything, I'm in the middle, like confused, taking moments out of context and we're witching the we're making it.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: I have a crush on Tom Cruise and I want to be part of their bar that they're opening up. Yeah, but they it's just all the moments where those two are are it seemingly erotically, like their faces are always next to each other and there Brian Brian, Yeah, the guy that kills Australian right, yeah, his name is something plain like Brian Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think straight.
Speaker 1: It's all those movies at the senior community.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah to get how hard a silver Lake?
Speaker 2: Okay? Perfect?
Speaker 1: How are you going to get there?
Speaker 2: Do you know what one the hardest? Oh? God, I like all those options or was that one thing.
Speaker 1: That was just the same number?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't have a metropass, but that's okay. I have now become a.
Speaker 2: Person that's short for however, that.
Speaker 1: Is obsessed with all ex travel. Why because I do it so much that I have turned into that crazy person that has like global entry tsa pre check, yes, like the metro, like the past you put on your express Lanes pass to get me into the one ten Yeah, super lane. Oh it's I never thought i'd be that person.
Speaker 5: Well, you you know how much time it weighs, so you're probably just getting way.
Speaker 1: Ahead of it. Yeah, I'm ahead of I'm gonna I just I'm just on top of it all and I never actually want to be there, right, I'm like, oh where am I going again? But Jacksonville not so bad.
Speaker 5: You could be a consultant with ways you call in and just give your advice.
Speaker 1: I've got the pink buggy.
Speaker 2: It pops up.
Speaker 6: Oh god, that guy could have hit me. I'm like, I'm I'm typing. Oh, come on, sorry, I I'm just Oh, there we go, I'll do that. I'm just in my phone, speaking of ways, I interrupted everything.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just was in a panic. But I'm back.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you know where you're going?
Speaker 2: Oh? Not at all?
Speaker 1: But did you I didn't even think of it. Direct him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna uh, I mean.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know exactly where we're Okay, let's go to the forum again. So we've done that a couple of times. I just have to get on the one of five east.
Speaker 6: I got it now, okay, all right, you guys had your chance to help. Now I just want to talk stuff. What the heck is?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 4: What club? And were you at a club in Jacksonville?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 1: You know, I thought, uh, I thought it was going to be an absolute shit show, but it didn't. It turned out to be okay. But Jacksonville itself, like what I do? What I do when I go to comedy clubs now is I am obsessed with hotels? So you know, you just like do everything you kind of like make your life easier on the road. So I so the club, you know, puts you in like a you know, a rat's nest somewhere high upon a tree.
Speaker 4: Used to care about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They're like, hey, find your way there and go after yourself and then tell some jokes in between. So I just get like a buy out for whatever, you know, shit fest they put you in, and then I book my own hotel. Yeah, and so I was like, okay, I'll go downtown Jacksonville. You know.
Speaker 4: Oh no, if it's anything like the song, it's not gonna end up good.
Speaker 1: I was the only one in downtowntown. It's like one of those cities where it's just buildings and then Corporate America closes up shop at six and it's a ghost town.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it was me at the Omni Hotel with we weird looking people.
Speaker 4: Were there.
Speaker 5: People there for like a they were having some kind of convention or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It looked like part the The only positive there's a couple of positive things is Symphony building was across the street, and I was beautiful, or like the performing art center of the Symphony was there, and every time I left the hotel to do my shows. I was like, I don't want to do my shows. I just want to go to to see the symphony. Yeah, you know, as opposed to performing jokes at the Comedy Club of Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Well, but it's called other people's symphony.
Speaker 2: It's all the Comedy Club of jackson.
Speaker 1: It's actually called the Comedy Club of jackson Well, yeah, no it is, no, it is. It is called the Comedy Club of Jacksonville. That is me left so hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the title of a business in a town where people don't like to get confused by words.
Speaker 5: We are not laundering money at all at the Comedy Club of Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: It actually turned out to be like the owner, he's only been doing a couple of years. Super nice, dude. You know what it is, It's like the space is so huge, Like it's like a like almost look like this warehouse that they try to convert into a comedy club. Oh it needs some help, it felt like, you know, so there's plenty of room, there's plenty of room for it to be empty.
Speaker 4: Thing that you like to do, it's the top of your show, right, let's be positive.
Speaker 6: I have dreams about skateboarding out on the stage. Yes, I mean my two worlds would be colliding.
Speaker 1: And I have I have dreams to do a full set of backup dancers with like plate spinning and jazz hands, and I come in the shown on a wrecking ball. So at the comedy, clipping jo.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do that? Why? That was the best thing Gallagher ever did?
Speaker 6: Why aren't we all because we don't have enough money to make a three thousand dollars giant couch.
Speaker 5: You know we could get the money if we do a kickstarter and say please sponsor us.
Speaker 2: At the comedy, That's that's what we heard it.
Speaker 1: Well, only Karen, Chris and Aaron live out their dreams.
Speaker 5: Karen does a back walk over up to the microphone, the way she's been dreaming.
Speaker 4: All her life.
Speaker 1: That's all I've ever wanted to do.
Speaker 5: I'm the least gymnastic person of all time, But God, if I could do that.
Speaker 1: If I couldn't, if I could moonwalk, if I could moon walk up to a stage, I would in a heartbeat with some serious even.
Speaker 4: A slight level. You're kind of screwed with moonwalk?
Speaker 1: Was anyone else obsessed with the solid goal dancers growing up.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marilyn McCoo know some of the Marilyn Marylyn McCoo was the host. Yeah, I didn't know actually any of the solid Goal dancer names. I don't think he knew.
Speaker 1: I think there was probably a Yvonne, maybe a Carol.
Speaker 2: Have you definite have you guys seen me?
Speaker 6: I think when Key and Peel did a parody of it, and it's it's the Crystal Light Aerobic Championships.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 6: It seems more like it'd be nineteen eighty two, but and it's the I watched the actual, the entire thing in its entirety, hosted by Alan Thick has just that was a re edit where it's like the guy's flexing and it says all their names, yeah, and then it zooms in on them real quick. It's hilarious.
Speaker 5: It's like twelve straight minutes of aerobics and it's the introduction to the National Aerobics Championship and then.
Speaker 1: And then actually you have to watch it.
Speaker 6: It's amazing, and it's just nineteen eighty eight, and it proves how dumb we've or how far we've come entertainment wise.
Speaker 4: It seems like it's sixty years ago. When you watch it, it looks like people are in a costume.
Speaker 1: It seems like a sketch and I remember it paint like a lot of aggressive Facebook.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's just it's like people that would be in an exercise video. Wow, and with little to know flair or fanfare. There's one guy that had some like streamers on his elbows.
Speaker 5: But but they're like their names would come up and they'll be it'll be like Taffy and Brandon from the Workout Club Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, you have to see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they just they dance to this repetitive song that still is in my head, and then they do some push ups. Everyone had the same routine. Then they go to these commentators and they're like, did you see those push ups? And then right right back into the dancing. Those were some good moves. Not to mention those push ups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this seems like Aaron fully dream secret. You have to see. You'll freak out.
Speaker 6: It's if you could somehow combine that. That's why I bring it up with your comedy. Just dance out there, lea'sard and then tear it away and then just be wearing your scandup.
Speaker 1: If anybody like to travel? Is anyone celebrating anything? I've got some travel chips worked out.
Speaker 4: Does anyone want to hear them?
Speaker 1: Separate from the comedy, Separate, Pay you one hundred dollars, wait three months, go get global entry. It's a basic interview. But Nancy, you've never traveled.
Speaker 2: Before, all right. I can't believe none of you are pre check in TSA.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. You automatically get a TSA check so if you come off a cruise you can go right through the line in Houston.
Speaker 4: What are you saying, Joeanne, that you still bring three leaders of water to the security check every time you fly. You're surprised that you can't bring a vat of lotion.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so weird. What do you mean I can't bring well, four machete, six pounds of crystal light, and six puppies.
Speaker 2: Yad.
Speaker 6: It looks like we've run out of time here at the Comedy Club of Jacksonville Colon, Jacksonville's Comedy.
Speaker 4: Club, Jacksonville's premier comedy club.
Speaker 2: Colon, not a drug front.
Speaker 1: There's like a bar that sponsored like I don't know, late night, the late Night Show or something or the Late Show and it was called bank Shots and they kept calling it slingshots the whole time, and I had no idea. I was like, I don't think that's right, but I don't care because the Late Show only had like fifty people in it. Yeah, And I was like whatever, and so like, you know, I don't even drink, and I well, I mean that's not true. I mean before shows and I was like, screw it, I'm gonna have a vat of white wine before the second show. I was like, you guys, let's go to slight shots.
Speaker 2: Let's get here. And they're all like, talk, isn't that a type of underpanties?
Speaker 4: If this uh business name doesn't have the word Jacksonville in.
Speaker 1: It, I can't go to the Sorry, I'm sponsored my city? Where's this? Where is this route taking you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? Is that bad?
Speaker 1: To the ten to the what?
Speaker 2: To the ten to the one? Ten to the one? So we aren't going to Silver Lake?
Speaker 1: Or am I okay? To the tent of the one? Ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are we on the four or five right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because we could how would you guys go?
Speaker 5: Well, at this point, we could go the four or five connects with the one five right, or do that's below us? Okay, I would just go to the one on one and then go south right because I think that other way is way more traffic down by downtown.
Speaker 6: Oh well, it's I think you don't know where we are. I think you have to take the to the I absolutely only have the or I could go down by.
Speaker 1: I totally don't.
Speaker 2: It's okay, It's okay.
Speaker 4: I put my glasses on my head fifteen minutes ago, and I still am the kind of person that would.
Speaker 1: Tell you where to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't I think this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to follow your phone in you Chris, Oh yes, but this part of LA is really confusing. It all looks alike.
Speaker 2: And yeah, maybe my navigator or I typed in the wrong location. I just amn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it'll be fun.
Speaker 6: This is uh, It's part of the podcast is to talk people. Don't get mad when we're talking about map quest and stuff.
Speaker 1: People fucking love it.
Speaker 4: Don't get I'm obsessed. I mean this is a podcast for you.
Speaker 5: Wait now, Aaron, you also have a podcast that's also on all things comedy. Yes, why don't you tell us a little bit about girls with balls.
Speaker 1: Wow, nailing the title that does not exist. It's called the Comedy Club of Jacksonville Slash Sports without sponsored by slang shots in bum fuck jackson Bill.
Speaker 4: It's called sports. I've done it.
Speaker 1: It's a great podcast, Karen. But we talked about the San Francisco Giants. We did. You gotta come back on. I would love to talk more about whatever. Yeah, it's good, it's going well. Uh, it would be awesome. I gotta get more, you know, the big push to get more athletes on it, and but it's been really fun.
Speaker 4: Did you go about doing that? People you know are well just pr people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've I've done some research to get a hold of some like sports agents, and I think it would be a fun like platform for their lady lady athletes. Yes, and then like someone knows someone knows someone. So that's the that's the next big push for the show.
Speaker 6: I would guess to get like pro football players that you'd have to give them money. I bet they don't show up for anything for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all ladies. Oh, yes, it's ladies. It's me talking to another lady about.
Speaker 2: Sports, right right. Oh, I thought you meant guest athletes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Guest athletes. But I feel like for women's like like for instance, you know, they don't get the exposure, you know, as all the male athletes do, so probably way easier to do. Yeah, I think it would be. Yeah, So that's what I'm that's what I'm attempting. But I've had some like funny ESPN writers on and you know, and just a lot of female comics that love sports, so it's super fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love one female comic that's not that interested in sports. Yes, And then Karen came on, sure talk about her home baseball team.
Speaker 1: It was fun you Karen. You did a great job. Thank you had that fun.
Speaker 4: Your aunt who was what was that part that she was like, maya Mary got caught in the two.
Speaker 1: But it's tack Bell Park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a big, like really cool play area, pack Bell Park, and there's a big slide and it's like you dump out either into a big baseball man or whatever, and it's like at the park. So my aunt Mary went over and took my nephew, my cousins who were at the time like seven and nine or something to go play in this thing. And then she was like I'll go down the tube and she got stuck in the tube.
Speaker 6: Oh no, Yeah, did little kids like slam into her and all pile up. Probably that's my biggest nightmare. I used to have night it's at a water slide, but I still had that nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank somebody had to go in and pull her legs out.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think my nightmare now would be getting stuck versus the stack up at the bottom, which is fearful, like.
Speaker 4: You dump out and then everyone just comes piles onto you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a legitimate nightmare.
Speaker 4: That's a serious slide. Worry you guys, get to be careful in Again.
Speaker 6: I hate to keep bringing up the water slide, but it's the closest to that pack bell toobe.
Speaker 2: I've been in.
Speaker 6: It's at the end when you're in the pool and then all these kids come and their knees hit the back of your head.
Speaker 2: There's serious injury. I remember kids getting split in the forehead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're all wet, so they're more uh splitable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, life goes in the water and everyone dies of a bowl of Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Somewhere the shirt comes out of the dreams smells the blood meets the kids and a.
Speaker 2: Bird, a low flying bird ships some floor on it.
Speaker 4: It's the most dangerous thing you could do with your family.
Speaker 1: About those water slide eels.
Speaker 4: Dressing the els, it's like you're afraid to talk about the eel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, it's like, oh, look at that puffy costume. Eal Boom comes to like, jumps in the water, steals all your blood that has a mask come down to eels.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville colon, We're a water slide in Jacksonville. Parentheses.
Speaker 1: Think about that. You know what I you guys have experienced this. This is like the numerous times where you fly into a city. You're doing a comedy club for the first time, right, and you're staying in like you know, the city, part of whatever wherever you are, and then the feature picked you up. I was working with a super nice dude and you drive, you leave the city and you drive for I don't know, forty minutes to get to the comedy club and you're like, where are we? And the comedy club is in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of Noble's Never it wasn't in Jacksonville, was it likely?
Speaker 1: Jacksonville is larger than I think Europe, so I have to fact check that, but it's pretty close, so it's technically still Jacksonville. But I think that's a that's a that's so hard.
Speaker 4: So then you had to drive out to like Portugal.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I literally was just like I don't know where I am, like by the by the last show, you know, and you don't really care anymore. You're like, oh, this is great. I floated to Jacksonville. We drove an hour and a half. I had a hood over my head. I don't even know where whatever. But he literally was like and he's like, well, you know we're having you know, he just started the comedy club and he's gonna be successful because it's a really fun dude. But he's like, well, we're having trouble. You know, we're just you know, getting people out. And I'm like, yeah, cause it's it's I think you either have to pick, like it's halfway between, if you're looking on a map, downtown like proper downtown Jacksonville and then like thirty miles west of the beach, right, and it's halfway in between, and like I feel like you got to pick, you know, you gotta pick one. Then they want the gays to come out because I'm gay, and I'm like, the gays don't go to the middle of nowhere in a strip mall.
Speaker 4: No, that's not safe.
Speaker 2: Next year, that's fear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh sure out there in the corner of town next to trailer hitches, et cetera.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's kind of fear for everybody.
Speaker 1: But then you get a cold double notch up.
Speaker 4: Like Now, what I was thinking was, there's so much blind faith in you being in that guy's car and then driving out to that club. You just have to be like, I hope this works out for.
Speaker 6: The past, trying not to get nervous about that hood on your head that you mentioned.
Speaker 2: That's horrifying. Oh why is he driving? He's the one driving.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: I poked myself an eye hole, he says, And as Florida accent, we were all captives.
Speaker 1: Really, if you think about it, if you really, he's from Atlanta and I did some research, so I was like, Okay, I'm gonna be fine the feature. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when you say he's nice, does that mean he's not funny?
Speaker 1: No, he's funny.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's funny. Rare combo. Yes, I worked with a lot of nice people in Texas.
Speaker 1: You know some seriously, you know, there's always like that real hefty amount of social awkwardness. Yea, yeah right, Well not you guys, but you know people that you just sort of forced into it. You're like, Okay, we're going to be in a relationship for the next seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But no, I have to say the host was one of the funniest experiences I think ever, because he's Special K. No, he is a local. I hope. I'm so jealous.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Scotty K.
Speaker 6: No, it's special Okay, Okay, it's there's a guy named Scotty K and he might as well live in Florida? Did he didn't have keyboards? And then Azima closer, Oh god.
Speaker 1: I wish okay it was. It would be amazing if Special K handed it off.
Speaker 5: To Scottie K and hit it off to me and you're like, sorry, I don't have any keyboards.
Speaker 1: Yeah this time, this time, I call me back. No, he had this thing where he goes when I say I'm when I say I'm bringing up more comedy, I go, do you are you ready for more comedy? And meanwhile, he's black, the crowd is white, and he and he makes the whitest crowd ever go show enough, bring it on.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no.
Speaker 1: I was writing all this stufftown because I knew I was gonna see you guys. Tell you say again, show enough, bring it up. I can't even as a white person, try to even pull that out of my mouth response. But I say, it was like when I say you guys ready for more comedy, you screamed out shown you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, like nobody does now sing it sure enough. Sure. I think it's you guys, just because you we talked about this earlier. I have an urban way of speaking. I think it's shown up to show and thenough and show shown enough.
Speaker 4: Show enough.
Speaker 1: But like it's so awkward for a group of people. Yeah, once was I think a depressing conventions yeah from the eighties, now converted into some sort of comedy.
Speaker 6: Cl K, before I get you excited about your next comedian, everyone passed around the shoe, pole it and apply it to your feet.
Speaker 2: Let's get it. Let's make it real awkward, all right, get it started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was this is how we want to start it racist, it was it.
Speaker 1: Was, you know, he didn't obviously do a lot of stand up anymore super nice guy.
Speaker 4: Uh, it just was like I kind of love that it like it was people.
Speaker 1: Going a little rough.
Speaker 2: It was early rap albums, Yes, social gay special.
Speaker 4: I've had a couple of people nickname me special K and I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: It means you're athletic.
Speaker 1: No. I I wanted him to call me something like sassy or like, I don't know, it gives me something. Is the one with the special.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry, Aaron.
Speaker 4: So what have you missed as you've been gone? What did you miss the most besides uh, normalcy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's one of those things where like I hadn't I was doing this writing gig, so I didn't I hadn't traveled in like six weeks, and I was like, this is the greatest thing ever I knowed to travel. But then when you're in La like for a long chunk of time, you're like, get me out. Yes, So then you're on the road. How Jacksonville wasn't that bad? Like next time, I'm gonna like keep the rental car so I can go to the beach and have more of Like you know, you have to do every city or town whatever it is once and then you get the lay of the land, you know. Yeah, I do think there's this thing in Florida where you've got really fine, normal looking people, and then you've got an element to Florida that it's like. At one point in the crowd, it looked like nineteen ninety five hip met like Chernobyl adjacent, and I kept thinking, what am I possibly gonna say that's gonna bring this group to I got my eyewash station is over here.
Speaker 7: I missed good coffee and people with just normal features, no one like looking like a melted candle. I had a real stretch where I was like, is everyone limping?
Speaker 2: What is happening? Where am I?
Speaker 4: We went a couple of chrystals ago. I went to Seers with my dad because he had to buy some tool, and we went to get into the return line, and my dad looks around real mad under his breathak to me, he goes, Jesus, it looks like the line to lords in here. I just walked out the back door.
Speaker 5: Real low tolerance for any kind of Oh my god, a problem with people.
Speaker 1: I love a good Irish Catholic Lord's reference. Mary and Dick dropped the Lord's bomb a lot growing up. Yeah, Oh, here's a good one for you guys, because I think we always talk about, like, you know, Irish Catholic stuff. My mom riddled her whole life with anxiety. And you know, now I after, like you know, after you spend four solid days in Florida just the local news, You're like, this is what happens to people. They get paranoid because of the local news in Florida. Yeah, and it was like one fear based, you know, sinkhole story after another. My favorite sink I'm obsessed with sinkholes.
Speaker 2: I love them. But I can't even tell you how have you guys ever had the pleasure of falling into one?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, but I just am fascinated. They're always perfectly circular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's they're fascinating. This is the best A couple of years ago, sir, I'm sidetracking. No, I just started chugging a coffee. I because I haven't had good coffee in seven days.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There was a New Yorker article on sinkholes maybe about two years ago. And the craziest thing is there's this woman in Florida who's not who's been in not one, but two sinkhole incidents. No, and I thought, how does she leave her out? Like, where was she in her house when it happened? No, one of them was her backyard, and the other one was like walking down a random street. Oh, but either you play the lottery or you don't leave the house.
Speaker 2: Well as a human on a pedestrian sinkhole.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Oh you did something that's like lightning where you got to look internally.
Speaker 2: Why that happened? You've magnet yeah something, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, Yeah, I'll never forget. I was like, oh my god, like I want to not follow slash follow that lady around? Wow, exactly what is she doing from the safety? Was she a sin woman or a heavier set lady?
Speaker 4: What are the worries?
Speaker 6: I was after you said that, I'm like following her around actually is absolutely what you shouldn't do.
Speaker 2: She's leaving behind her.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, do I want to follow you around and fall right behind you like we're shooting out of a tube one a time.
Speaker 1: She leaves the house, she carries a treasure chests filled with gold.
Speaker 4: She's going to take it down with her.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite things that's ever happened is in the somewhere in the late nineties or mid nineties, there.
Speaker 4: Was a sinkhole in San Francisco that was a block long, was up.
Speaker 5: It was up by Quoit Tower. Because my friend used to live up. Her apartment was up near there.
Speaker 1: So I went in.
Speaker 2: Which is the top of the hill, the highest point in San.
Speaker 1: Francisco, and a lot of those hills are risks. Yah know a little bit about the little geography.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, actually from that vantage point, it's a perfect Isouceles trying we two Alcatraz. A lot of people don't know that. That the high pont news. Yeah, it's exactly thirty degrees.
Speaker 2: Carry on.
Speaker 1: Geography and geometry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there's a reason those two words are the same.
Speaker 6: Actually no, Strodamus first said before, sorry, I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Of I'm gonna jump out of the car now. Sorry, just yodle it out.
Speaker 6: You know how when Goofy would fall anyway, talk about this sinkful all bit to talk about.
Speaker 4: A sink full of sinkholes. My friends was like you have to come and see this. Oh well, I was just gonna say. San Francisco is built on garbage. They just built the whole city. That's why it's all hilly and crazy. It's just a garbage jump, and my dad used to say that all the time. The whole thing's gonna sink because it's just a floating garbage jump that has cement on.
Speaker 2: Did they even pack it down?
Speaker 1: No, they just.
Speaker 4: Dripped asphalt across the top of it, almost sarcastically.
Speaker 1: Oh, like a villain.
Speaker 2: Let's see along this last nick still take playing here? That's the yeah, okay, never, that's the little alien from Okay.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say. We walked down and there was like yellow police taper or whatever, and literally twenty feet down there were cars at in parking spots with their what am I trying to say, the parking meters? No, all down down twenty foot hole. You look straight down and it's just a row of cars, like as if they were parked on the street with parking meters, but they're down in the ground.
Speaker 2: You saw there.
Speaker 1: We took a cab to it.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Was it the scariest thing ever?
Speaker 2: Did you take a picture?
Speaker 4: No? This was the nineties where nobody had I would didn't have my disc camera on me.
Speaker 2: I used to always have a camera with me. I used to work for the Bugle, the Daily. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard of you.
Speaker 1: Jimmy. Wait, Chris, where did you grow up?
Speaker 2: I grew up in Montana.
Speaker 1: Oh, Big Skysteak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, where my father, who will be very happy that you're on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he loves you, and uh, he will be listening.
Speaker 1: We went, We went really awkward Karen office party. I didn't want to talk to anyone in the business, and I latched onto Chris's dad, who was so delightful and I talked to Chris's dad the whole time.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. He's been on the podcast, and he'll be happy that you are.
Speaker 1: Yay, please give me a big camel to me.
Speaker 2: I will, I will.
Speaker 6: Indeed, he's doing great. We're about to approach Silver Lake Boulevard. Should I get off there?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: You can just wrap me off right here on the one O one and I'll roll myself home.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to yodel historic Filipino Town.
Speaker 4: I love when I see signs like that and it's like I would never have guessed that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That that is what that there's Filipino Town right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird, but like you're in the back of the car, you know, with a microphone as you do, and you see certain things that you're like, oh, I've never seen that before and it's been seven years.
Speaker 6: And you acknowledge it by saying it into the microphone and you're like, oh, like what.
Speaker 4: That Happy Endings weird dance place we just passed?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just was like, no to sell check that place out?
Speaker 2: Is it called Happy Endings?
Speaker 5: We just drove past some building that was red and black and the sign said happy Oh god.
Speaker 6: Hey, it was like stop by here at one in the morning. If you hate one of your kidneys, as.
Speaker 1: Will you're your kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, either way, you're gonna be left in a bucket of ice. Okay.
Speaker 1: Have you been on the road to lot Chris? I?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had some small town Texas. I was in Texas for three weeks.
Speaker 1: Three weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it was some of the gigs were fun, and some like where I would look at the room and I was horrified by them because they had excuse me, they had like Duck Dynasty tattoos and no sleeves, and but I they were more open minded than me because they actually ended up being really sweet small town folks and I had a good time.
Speaker 2: Should I turn rider? Yeah, okay, but yeah, what parts of Texas paris Uh yeah, yeah. And I don't know if they celebrate that or acknowledge it or what.
Speaker 6: But I only knew about that movie when I lived in Austin, and I went to Austin and that was great.
Speaker 2: Austin's a dream and uh, Houston, I went to Houston.
Speaker 4: I was just at that airport meter hour years ago.
Speaker 2: Hobby lobby or bush.
Speaker 1: Loose balloons.
Speaker 2: Oh, someone just.
Speaker 1: Lost four block.
Speaker 2: I hope it's a little boy with an English accent. Helloon falloon ninety nine balloons. I just made myself left in that good podcast.
Speaker 1: I was standing left plane.
Speaker 4: Fuck God, please.
Speaker 2: Sir, Oh God, jesus.
Speaker 6: Oh look at the twenty fifteen Mustang. Oh god, that has a pretty I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 2: I like the way. I like the cut of that car.
Speaker 4: I like a lot of these brand new versions of muscle cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like a little They aren't so like crapy and you're you're not you know what I mean, the cars You're like, oh, I'm going to die if I get close to that one.
Speaker 4: Like you can almost hear the door shutting as you look at it. You're like, oh, that locks, and there's you can't.
Speaker 1: Pull the lock up on my side, and it's also a transformer. It turns into a white fan. Could take a left at this like place?
Speaker 2: Real like you? Oh?
Speaker 6: I love it when people guess rather have the instinct to just give a little direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, let me ask you this traveling comedy question. Can you ever leave like a festival or a club or anywhere in your life and you get a cab and the cab drivers falling asleep on the way to the airport. It is the scary.
Speaker 2: This happens to me all the time, horrifying.
Speaker 1: And I can see his eyes just dozing off in the review mirror, and I'm like, this is how I die. In the middle of Jacksonville. He's going to the airport.
Speaker 2: What do you do? Then? Just go long shift?
Speaker 1: Sir? Yeah, I literally sometimes I go did you grow up here? I swear to God, it has happened to me so many times. I'm like, this is really scary.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah. I have a friend who.
Speaker 6: Her and her boyfriend were somewhere in the I can't remember what state, it doesn't matter, but the Yeah, the guy fell asleep on the freeway.
Speaker 2: And they got in a horror car wreck and.
Speaker 1: It's so scary. Left, I'm sorry, Left, that's all right. Wait, who's the I'm totally blanking at his name, and I love the guy. He does that fun show on Thursdays with Baron? Is it Brian? Brian Cook? Brian Cook. This was the festival in Bloomington at the Attic and other places, not Moon Tower Limestone Comedy Festival. It was like seven in the morning. It was Brian Cook, myself and Cristella Alonzo were going to the airport and I'm the only one that's like sort of alert. Brian, I think, was still hammered, and because I was making fun of him, and the young kid that was driving us full on just passing out, and so I'm like hitting his arm, being like, how great was his festival? Thanks for volunteering. You want to keep us alive. It was like an hour ten of the airport. It wasn't like real quick, and so I kept hitting Brian's arm, like start engaging him. Brian's like, so you drinker? Like, I got to keep this toddler. So do you drink? Are you an alcohol?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that why the guy was passing out? Well?
Speaker 1: He I think he was just like overtired and maybe because he was super nice. He was just volunteering for the festival. But like I left the bar early and I saw him at the bar because I was like, oh, that's that dude that works whatever. Scary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was a festival that I don't do anymore. I finally grew out of it. I hope in Calgary where they had volunteers and they every one of them was drunk, like they were being paid in but like as soon as they dropped off a comic, they'd come in watch part of the show and have some beers because it's Canada, okay, and all it was. I've complained. I seriously had complaints. I'm like, I don't want to die while I'm here. And it was a big It's quite all right. It is like a big ordeal that I had a problem with all the drunk volunteers.
Speaker 4: That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: At Sketch Fest, one of my rides was a girl who's just a little She was much more interested in like quote unquote keeping people.
Speaker 4: Entertained and not paying attention.
Speaker 5: Oh good, pig A left and that's that was such a bummer because That's when I realized of like, oh, I don't even think about these volunteers that are doing this for everybody.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean they're sane.
Speaker 6: I know, right, Okay, No, A lot of times it's a weird way for them to get involved and there it's not just to be Oh I love helping the arts.
Speaker 2: It's none of them. They're not doing it for the endowments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are no John.
Speaker 4: P and Catherine d.
Speaker 1: What do you call them?
Speaker 4: Foundations?
Speaker 1: Rockefeller that's right.
Speaker 6: Looking for all art is funded by old oil money.
Speaker 1: Yes, true, this is my neighborhood, you guys.
Speaker 2: I love it. I would live here.
Speaker 6: I'm really debating leaving Venice because I am so far away from everything.
Speaker 2: Maybe that place without a roof is opening up, you'd like a little barn now is going to be my roommate.
Speaker 6: I really, yeah, I should live here, be central, because I was talking to my roommate Nate, who says, hi, by the way, and he loves you, and we uh, it's ridiculous that I live at the ocean.
Speaker 2: This is right in the middle.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful. Look at all these like I would live in one of those modern condos or maybe a guesthouse, convert a street, or imagine me just living in that hammock. Me with a suitcase and a hammock, and so many biders, spikes, fighters, bikes, there's so many around. I hate poisonous spider spits at the stepside.
Speaker 1: Please pull over to the rights here.
Speaker 2: Oh certainly, I will.
Speaker 1: This is my building.
Speaker 2: Is it too close? Just right there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I would, but there is a car behind me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going all over anywhere, right around.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pull over here anywhere, all improperly. This is actually a pretty good spot.
Speaker 4: It's a gorgeous eucalyptus.
Speaker 2: Is that the kind of koala munches on?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's actually a couple of neighborhood koalas. We feed them, which is kind of, you know, adorable, yet really scary. We had to shoot one out of the tree one time because it's well, I don't want to alarm anyone in Silver Lake, but it shaved its teeth down to points. Not we jump out and just just jump on people's neck.
Speaker 2: This was a wild America. Are you this okay?
Speaker 1: You've never heard of the feral's Silver Lake koalas?
Speaker 6: I can't nineteen, I don't get this neighborhood publication.
Speaker 4: Well you got we gotta get you on this list. What's your email?
Speaker 2: Well you've heard of the Marina Delray kicking kangaroo. I mean I didn't know. There's a similar story with a marsupial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know la Is. You know there's there's so much flora in Pharma it's unbelievable. It's real lush. Do you guys know about it?
Speaker 2: And all these visiting Australians that's where they bring it. Yeah, but all these fucking will Anderson's come to town and they.
Speaker 4: Got smuggling feral koalas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pouched animals and their pouches.
Speaker 1: There when people sneak in horrible crazy reptiles into the state of Florida, or do they sneak them out?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just leave them there, right, they're already there.
Speaker 2: They sneak them in, let them grow up there, and then pull them out as adult.
Speaker 1: There's a huge gator tank in the comedy clip of Jackson.
Speaker 6: I'm kidding, I would love it if you had to lob your jokes over a gator tank.
Speaker 4: Is she gonna go for a swim tonight?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: Everybody says, show, no show, now, bring it on. I was like, oh, we are two wife, we pull this off.
Speaker 4: Do you have any plugs or things you want to talk about? Well?
Speaker 2: When is this gonna air on next Monday?
Speaker 1: Okay? Then on December sixth, I'll be in Portland. Oh, that's a great place to find the funhouse lounge. And then the next night, Sunday, December December seventh, I will be at Columbia City Theater in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, what a fun double it.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I try to avoid comedy clubs at all costs. Is that a problem if I'm a comedian?
Speaker 2: I think you're you're doing everything I wish I was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's better for it's better for everything.
Speaker 2: I guess time to avoid. Yes, I agree, I agree some.
Speaker 1: Of them are really fun. But otherwise I'm like, I should I could I do a one nighter here for the same money and quality of show, or five at your club where you're busting with a hood over.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: All you have to do is figure out some kind of a door deal with a friendly venue person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: Sorry, comedy clubs. Your time is up.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to perform at your crazy Kuala cafe. Yeah, devastated Sunday morning. You can ask me all day long, but I'm not going to go.
Speaker 6: You can take your mid show announcements, roll them up and fucking stick them in your comment jar.
Speaker 1: One last thing, Special k and before the feature did a really good job. And then of course you want to bring up the headline right away, you know I should do, and everywhere else and he'd go, okay, we got a full kitchen and we got cake, and I was like, this isn't happening. This isn't happening. Cake. You talk about cake for four and a half minutes. So then I go up there and be like, yes, there's cake.
Speaker 4: I just have to sweep this the cake ship off the stage right now.
Speaker 1: Show enough we got cake.
Speaker 2: Sho Oh my god, that's terrific. I want to meet Special Ku.
Speaker 6: This uh possibly this episode was the most laughs per minute.
Speaker 4: LPM's were very hot.
Speaker 6: I mean I wasn't even looking at the dash, but I think they were. They were in the red yeah and.
Speaker 4: Uh and the jpms were also highly jokes.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and they were almost consecutive with the laughs or in congruent or related to I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: To bed and die and die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to put this into a pythagony theorem that it's going to come out to happy hour.
Speaker 2: That's right, you know, koint Tower speaking of the pytagony in theorem. Just kidding you gotta Yeah, this was so fun.
Speaker 1: You're the greatest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the best.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I got to laugh after of seven days in Florida and a ride home. This is the greatest podcast ever.
Speaker 2: And thanks for having uh this much fun energy getting off a plane.
Speaker 1: And it's coffee. I'm just happy to be in the state of California.
Speaker 6: We're happy to have you back. And you gave your plugs. Yes, what's your website?
Speaker 1: My website is crazy Koala at No, it's Eronkfoley dot com. Oh, there's up to the minute.
Speaker 2: You do it, you do it minute later.
Speaker 1: Do you take pictures of your food and stuff? I take pictures of everything I eat and I update them every thirty My website.
Speaker 2: Your website, it's just all photos of coffee foam.
Speaker 1: It's like, are you on Instagram?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Are you on Eronkfoley dot com.
Speaker 5: That's the quarkfolly dot com kind of like the weight watcher's website.
Speaker 4: I just want to it's a food or just to keep up.
Speaker 1: Hey, who waited? Tomali Eric Kfolly dot com Load.
Speaker 2: It wellad it up? I'm gonna go there. And what's your tweeter?
Speaker 1: Aaron? This is how much I'm on Twitter, Aaron Foley Comic. I think, okay, I'm gonna really start trying.
Speaker 6: You're trying, You're doing great. Okay, I guess that we've reached our conclusion timeline.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, so bad and I mean, I guess, God speed and happy holidays.
Speaker 2: Living in His grace. Thank you. You've been listening to Do you need a ride? D y n A R?
Speaker 1: Are you leaving? You wanna way back? Either way?
Speaker 3: We want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you clean us time and they turning on engage.
Speaker 4: We want to send you off inside.
Speaker 1: We want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about every scared her?
Speaker 4: Was it fine?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Porn?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride.
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need
Speaker 2: With Karen and Chriss,