Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's have a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepcat alongside Jamana Bassecci, and we're joined by Blueberg's equity support to Joe Easton. Hi Joe. So, look, first, European medical tech firms got painful news over the weekend. How is that affecting them today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we are seeing weakness in all of those medical tech companies to day. So Semen's Health and Nears is down around one percent at the moment was down two percent. This is an maker of MRI machines. We've also got Phillips lower as well and Carl's iis medtech the big ones moving into space. This afternoons that Beijing will exclude EU based companies from government procurement for certain medical devices. This is kind of the latest tip for tat between the Chinese and the European Union on medical tech analysts saying that it's kind of unsure how much this will affect the firms in terms of revenue, but clearly hitting sentiments today. And all three of those big health tech companies are declining.
Speaker 3: This morning, and the oil giant Shell has seen its shares slide this morning as well. So drill into these bad numbers for.
Speaker 1: Us, Joe, Yes, well, yeah, the headline I saw was a crude awakening, which I quite like.
Speaker 2: So Shell is down today.
Speaker 1: Moving on from that, Shell is down three percent, a pretty big move for that stock. Actually, this after the oil company's second quarter update pointed to weaker performance than anticipated and that is likely to hit earnings expectations. Now, I'd read a note from Jefferies and they were predicting potentially cuts to their earnings or earnings consensus among analysts of up to twenty percent. So really quite big numbers in terms of how bad this report is. It is, of course, all tied to the wee caning crude price. That is kind of the main clear driver of this. The stock declining at two point six percent currently on the one year view, it's down eleven percent, and for a big stock like that is pretty negative news. A Shell down after that training update.
Speaker 3: Okay, And lastly, Stilantis hitting road bumps this year there you go. I know, it's all puns. What's the market has Stilantis? So Bank of America downgraded this one today. They've cut it to neutral from by. They're predicting a very weak first half for Stilantis. Now, this is one of the world's biggest car makers, so Jeep, Chrysler, all those big brands, and also a number of Italian brands as well.
Speaker 1: They reckon over at Boffer that it is too early to go bottom fishing on this stop because they think it has further to decline. On a one year of view, this stock is down fifty percent. It does all due really to competition in auto's a lot of in evs, with China putting a lot of cheaper evs onto the market. It's Bank of America really reiterating that predicting a very bad half year for the company, and the stock is down for a Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay, and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.