Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: This is something that I've always been concerned about. Bear markets usually and correct me if I'm wrong. Usually last I mean bull markets usually last seven years, and then bear markets last like eighteen months on average, I believe around that time. So we were in a twelve year bull market, which, like you said, like the longest in history, and then we had the shortest bear market in history last year, which is only a few months. And now we're back in a bull market. So obviously that was a lot due to the government just printing money at unprecedented rate and pumped a lot of money into the economy, which made us go back into it helped us go back into a bull market. But it's one of these things where at some point in my brain we have to go back into a prolonged bear market, or is that no longer the case where it's like, okay, bear markets might not happen anymore like how they used to happen.
Speaker 2: Great question. Our good buddy, My good buddy.
Speaker 4: JC Peretz likes to say, there's always a bear market somewhere. So we're in if you look around the market, and it's a global market, and it's a market of stocks. Right, there's the stock market, but we always talk about the Dow, the SMP, the Russell, but then there's the global market of stocks. And if you look around the Hangsang fell ten percent last week. That's a technical correction. You look at the MEME stocks, AMC and game Stop, even though they're up whatever fourteen hundred, twelve hundred percent, they're down forty five fifty percent from their highs. Crypto is in a technical bear market. There's always a bear market happening. It just depends on the asset class you're looking at or where you're looking around the world.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 4: Are we going to have a bear market in the United States and the S and P five hundred of the Dow, Yeah, we are going to have one. The fact is, though, and you mentioned it, that was the cutest little bear market in history.
Speaker 2: It hurt that thirty five percent oft, but it was cute.
Speaker 4: It lasted five minutes. Right again, we had the support. But there's also this, and this is important. There are so many passive investors in the stock market right now, passively investing through their four to oh one K, through their roth IRA, through their own brokerage accounts. They're just setting in forgetting it through the robo advisors. There's just a ton of money sitting there in the vanguards and the Fidelity index funds of the world. Right It's heavy. It's like a big heavy ship. It takes a lot to move that whole ship down and get passive investors to sell. Everybody's got a threshold, but for passive investors, this household across the United States and across the world sitting on all of this stock income, people have a very deep threshold before they're ready to.
Speaker 2: Throw in their hands. So we'll get a bear market.
Speaker 4: It may come soon, right this is the worst two months of the stock market right now, August and September.
Speaker 2: We may get a correction here.
Speaker 4: We may fall into a bear I doubt it, But in general, I just think the market is so heavy that we're going to get these things, but they're not going to last long. And the government now has this moral hazard where they're just not letting things fall that far. They're not letting the capital markets fall apart because they don't want a two thousand and eight two thousand and nine situation again.
Speaker 5: And if they did that, I think in twenty twenty last.
Speaker 2: Year, we were crashed.
Speaker 5: Through the fifty percent of the doubt. And what people are not remembering in nineteen seventy nineteen eighty, there wasn't as much quantitative easing, but as you mentioned, Caleb, the amount of people that are buying automatically, and then the preaching of index funds was not present those two factors, Like nineteen twenty nine, everyone was not automatically invested into four one case or mutual fund plan, so those levers are dramatically different. And then but the quantitative easing thing, because I know, for Shot is a pessimist like Rashat would make me prove your case to him, and the thing is like we the quantitative easing part is tough because now you're building a house of cards. But they, as Cayler mentioned, you can't stop the quantitative easing because if we do in the floor falls underneath it, it'll be disastrous for many industries, many people, and many jobs will go away. So now it's this thing that you have to kind of keep in place and probably for the next twenty something years that would have to be in place until we reach your point in a return.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caleb.
Speaker 6: Obviously at Vesikipedia is almost I mean it is a search engine for anybody really trying to learn about investing. I'm wondering what you do, right because as you see these the people's searching words and what type of analytics.
Speaker 2: Are you earners?
Speaker 6: What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since a eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring says eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 7: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With INDEED sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed and Listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need?
Speaker 2: You're using?
Speaker 6: And what are you seeing with those analytics? Right? Somebody typing in means socks? All right, this must be something that's going on or you hear fear and you hear you might see shyy typing in? What's a big market? What's the long What are you doing with these analytics?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great question.
Speaker 4: And because we have a lot of people who are doing this twenty three odd million visitors a month, three million page US a day on the on order, uh, sometimes more, we're seeing what the questions are that people are asking, and in that you see their intention, not in a creepy way like we're seeing what you might see in a Google trend surch What we're seeing at a very what we call a taxonomy level. So we have our taxes, are investing taxes in our trading taxes. We're seeing what people are specifically looking at, and sometimes that is as broad and one of the more popular questions on the website, believe it or not, is what is money? I think that is people literally wondering what is this thing we call money? And I also think it's people thinking about a crypto world, like what is money metaphysically? So we have that, but we also have people asking very point of questions like how do I start investing with ten thousand dollars or roth ira or four oh one k or tdum error trade or a robinhood which brokers better? Or how do I buy swaps? Or how do I buy warrants? Or what's a spect So when you get all of that, you know where the interest is, but you also know what people are sort of fearing or what they're optimistic about. So when people are searching what is volatility, what is the VIX? What is a bear market? How much could I lose? What is a you know when you see those fear based terms, We've created an anxiety index, which actually peaks before the VIX index, because we see what you're searching for and think about it. When you get scared and you want to learn something, You're like, what is a this? Before I do this? We know what the what is this part of that is? And we're seeing those spikes in fear and anxiety before they appear in the stock market, through the VIX, through the options market, and into the stock market. It's fascinating, but it also makes us go, we better update that article because something big just happened.
Speaker 2: We had the reverse stock split with GE today.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, I'm looking at Google Analytics on our website and reverse stock splits spiking like a rocket ship, and I'm like, what happened? I go and I find the reverse stocks with with G, put that anecdote in the in the into the story and move on. So we have to update our content to make sure that we're we're not chasing the news. We're just trying to be relevant around it. And because we have so many terms, we're doing this at scale by the thousands every week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was that was my search engine on the warrant call I hit ian up and we would like to studying that together.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let's let's ask about a couple of questions if we can about some terms, because we very rarely get a chance to do this, especially with somebody who does it for a living. So you talked about reverse stock split. A lot of people might not be familiar with what a reverse stock split is. What is the reverse stock split?
Speaker 4: Well, a company that issues a public company that issues shares may decide to split their shares traditionally. So if they had a thousand, or let's just say a million shares outstanding, they split their shares. Now they have two million, but at half the price, or reverse splits the other way, or you're splitting down from you know, you're reducing the amount of shares you have on the market. We're making each share worth more. So if you had a million shares and you reverse split two for one, now you have five hundred thousand shares, but those each individual shares worth twice that. So it's just a way of either raising the value of the individual share through a reverse split, or creating more shares outstanding to make more shares available to the public markets if you're doing a traditional split. So there's a difference, but it really is what the company is trying to do with its share base, and companies will often split their shares to make more shares available outstanding so that more people can buy. And you saw some of this happening with some of the memest but then you have companies that will never ever split, like a Berkshire Hathaway. That's why the stock price for Berkshire Hathaway Class A shares is two.
Speaker 2: Hundred and sixty or whatever thousand dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced bad drop bag drop Mike, drop bag drop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christin Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal order crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,