Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, what's going on with you? Harper?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll preface this with I am naturally an an introvert. I have been living with a lot of roommates more recently. I guess I haven't technically lived on my own until very recently. But I have been living in my car for about a month or so now, and I actually really enjoy it. But I'm finding that I'm kind of lonely in the friends that I thought I had are not as friendly as I thought. I guess.
Speaker 1: This is interesting. Tell me what is it that inspired you? Are you? Is this a financial thing? Or are you living in your car by choice?
Speaker 2: A little bit of both. I think right now I could technically order to live an apartment, but it's really expensive here right now, and I wouldn't have any any room to save up for anything, or any time to pursue anything that would result in me being like paid more, if that make sense. And I don't want to get stuck in that like spending all my money on apartments until I die kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, tell me what you are liking about it.
Speaker 2: I love the solitude, I guess partially, I really like the freedom. I just feel like I'm always in my car, and if I want to go anywhere, I can just get in my car and go. It's made me more active since I don't have an apartment to shower in. I got a gym membership and I've actually been going to the gym for the first time in my life, and I'm doing my laundering more regularly. I just went up into the mountains and took some photographs and edited them, just because.
Speaker 3: I wanted to.
Speaker 2: And it's always something I've kind of wanted to do but never felt like I had the time too. There's kind of stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You said that your friends who you said you thought were your friends have been not so much fondly to you latly tell me about that.
Speaker 3: There's just.
Speaker 2: Kind of people that I guess, I don't know I've had I've been in Like in high school, you have your friends who you see all the time at school, and you sometimes see outside of school and you guys catch up, and then after high school they just sort of fade away even though you were spending time outside of high school. Now that you don't have to see each other on a regular basis, they just kind of don't They aren't there anymore. And so it's like some of that from old high school friends that are slowly fading away, and friends I thought I made like at jobs. When I switched jobs, then they didn't really talk to me to hang out outside of work, you know. And sometimes I'll offer, I'll, you know, say hey, are you free tonight, and then they say yeah, and I say, okay, let me know when you get off of work or whatever, and then I just don't ever get a response back, and just they're not really putting any effort in to see me or talk to me or check up on me anymore.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about something. You seem like you really like being alone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like being alone because I am an introvert and my job right now is dealing with a lot of people in food service. But I still feel like I need some sort of connection friends, people to you know, talk to about my day, or like I cut my hand open at work and got seven stitches and I wanted to tell people and I didn't really have people to talk to.
Speaker 1: Throughout your life, have you usually had close friends or has it been like this kind of for a while.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've always had at least a couple of really close friends, like usually two or three people that I hang out at school. Outside of school, I'd tell them about all of the deep issues of my life. I've never had like a huge your friends, but I never really wanted that, just you know, some people that were close by.
Speaker 1: Do you see yourself living in your car for a long time or do you have plans of eventually getting a place anytime soon?
Speaker 2: It kind of depends on financials. I feel like, once I feel financially ready enough that I could get my own place, that I would, But I'm also kind of really liking the car and the life that I'm living. I guess besides, the people think.
Speaker 1: So you're experiencing, right, And you told me that before this you lived with roommates and that wasn't working out for you very well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Just kind of, you know, needed roommates. I was living with my parents, then they went to they left and went to Germany when I turned eighteen, and so after that I lived with my boyfriend and his family, and then we broke up, and then it was roommates. And then I actually lived with a friend for a couple of months who said, you know, I took some time off of work because I was really burnt out from it, and so that kind of fucked me. And after the police was up with the roommates, they all went their separate ways and I couldn't keep the apartment, so I was staying with a friend who was offering to help. And then that friend kind of kicked me out and I don't exactly know why, but she is also very introverted, so I think she might have just been overwhelmed by me being there in general. And then I was in my car.
Speaker 1: Are you generally happy with where your life is at right now?
Speaker 2: I I think I'm kind of accepting it, like I'm I'm not unhappy with it, but it's you know, I'm the kind of person that's like, it could always be worse, and it's never like sure, I'm not upset with it. I think it's really interesting and it'll build character and all of that, but you know, I have an image of where I'd like to be, and this is not really it.
Speaker 1: I like the you have a good perspective about it, like the I just I guess the idea that, like, you know, my situation is not my life forever and always. I mean, how old are.
Speaker 2: You twenty one?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool? All right, So I mean your your perspective of it, that this is life right now, I'm actually kind of liking it. And you say it's building character. What kinds of character do you do? You think it's building for you?
Speaker 2: Well, part of it is things that I'm finding out that I can do that I never thought I could. Like I've always been kind of on the chunkier side as a person, but I was never in sports. I was never motivated to ever go out and work out. And I like back to school, but that was about it. And now I'm actually like going to the gym, you know, on a regular basis, which I never thought I would do because I didn't think I had like the motivation for it, and kind of just the resilience of like it's you know, it's Colorado in the winter. It's getting cold. But I'm figuring it out and I'm having a few shitty nights here and there, but I think it will help with just figuring shit out in the future when it goes south.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like at Harper, you have a you have a good mindset about things. I want to hear you said that it's not how you want to live for now you've accepted it and the good and the bad as to where you are now, but that you have an image in your head of how you want life to be and this is not it. Tell me more about that image.
Speaker 2: Well, the first sentence I ever said as a kid was I do it myself, and so I've always been. I think that's very true to my character. I've always been a very like independent, very resilient person, and so I always kind of imagine myself, you know, financially comfortable with my own job, able to support myself by myself, don't need anybody else. And I find that I'm there, but in a much poorer situation that I thought I would be. I went to School of Mines for metallurgical Engineering for a while and had to drop out after COVID, and so for a long time I.
Speaker 3: Thought like I was going to be a welder.
Speaker 6: I was going to be an.
Speaker 2: Engineer, like some sort of top not top job cutting, but like something more sophisticated. And now I'm working in food service, which I don't hate. I actually really liked the job, but it obviously doesn't doesn't pay very well.
Speaker 1: Because I'm living in my car, so ideally, in this image of your ideal life, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I think something. I love the idea of metals, which is why I was doing metallurgical engineering, but I also I really love being more hands on. I'm not so much a paperwork kind of person. I mean, I can do calculus like a motherfucker, I'll do that all day, but I want to be more like hands on and actually doing shit. So I thought of like welding and stuff like that in that area.
Speaker 1: Do you see like a practical path in front of you as to how you want to move however, fast or slow towards that? Do you see away there from where you are now?
Speaker 2: I think right now my two main options would be either going back to school minds, and I'm still paying off debt from that, so the idea of going back and then not being able to finish and being an even more debt just kind of worsen the problem that scares me.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The other option would be going to like a vocational school for welding, but I think that would have to be something where I was working a job making some sort of income as well as doing that, and I don't really see how I can do that, at least in the position that I'm in right now. I don't think I have the time or the schedule for it. You know, I'm working every single day this week, and I love the job, but it doesn't leave room for schooling on the side.
Speaker 1: Do you see a way? I mean, it sounds like there are you kind of know what you want to do and how to get there, but they're like just these these tough financial barriers. I mean, school is fucking expensive, and lots of people are just getting railed by debt. Do you yeah, either with the job you have right now or with what you know of is potentially available to you in terms of other jobs, do you see a path forward for yourself to be able to overcome that financial obstacle. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: Another reason I chose to live in my car instead of in an apartment is so that I can.
Speaker 3: Save up money.
Speaker 2: And I think if I can save enough where I can feel comfortable doing you know, something part time on the side and school, that's kind of the goal of where I'm working towards just saving up enough.
Speaker 1: You know, I I admire you, Harper, because you have this vision towards the future that is not free from obstacles. But what I what I admire is that you are have this ability to look at where your life is right now, because we're all on some journey to something, you know, and you really could think of it as you really could waste your whole life waiting to be happy until you've achieved the destination of that journey, and you really will waste your life doing that. But you seem like you have this ability to like kind of snuff out whatever is going well, whatever you do, appreciate about whatever prong on your journey you're on, and to be able to be happy today about that. And I really do admire that. I think it's a beautiful thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that comes from I've been diagnosed with major depression and anxiety and went through the worst times of my life in high school and was put on medication from my depression and all that, and that helped immensely. But I think going through the really fucked up down mindset that I was in at that time taught me a lot more to kind of appreciate what I do have and when I am feeling good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like once you've kind of gone on. Once you've ridden the roller coaster a little bit, you get a better idea of those ups and downs and how to look at it from kind of a more macro perspective. Yeah, thanks for sharing all of this, Harper. How did this feel? I'm kind of curious. I have been asking this to people lately, But how did this all feel to talk about?
Speaker 2: I think it's good. It's kind of what I needed because obviously, living in your car is not something that you talk to everybody about, so I haven't really, yeah, talked about it much.
Speaker 1: I guess that was the one. I guess that was the final piece of the puzzle to this is kind of because you wrote it down and you told the screener about this is the the like stigmatization that you feel about living in your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like homelessness in general has gone up, and especially in Colorado. You see it in a lot of places. I live kind of closer to like the big city Denver, and it's really pretty bad, but there's still no talk about it. You don't hear anybody talking about it. And a lot of times, because you know, I've seen that that homelessness around, but never like been in it. You know, you hear about how other people talk about it, and it's you know, pitiful, it's disgraceful, it's whatever. And I don't think it.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think people go through hard shit, but I don't think it should be a judge of their character. But it is nowadays, it really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess I'm you know, I'm hoping that, like you know, and having conversations like this, that people can kind of see a bit more of a three dimensional view of a person in a situation like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I've always been kind of an advocate for homelessness in general, like poverty. I think I've I've always wanted to open people's minds up to it, and I never liked the idea that a person's situation is who they are.
Speaker 6: Kind I think.
Speaker 1: Harper's anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: I guess just in general that wherever you're at doesn't mean that that's where you're going to be, And don't be shitty to homeless people.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Harper, Thank you. That was great. I liked her a lot. Yeah, I kind of said everything that I wanted to say that I admire about her. She just seemed I mean, she obviously had a lot of problems that she was struggling with, but it didn't like she just had this like uncanny ability to like look on the bright side of things, you know, like, oh, this is the the needing to shower at a at a gym has made me more active and I'm getting a greater sense of freedom and I'm getting the solitude that I've I've been wanting after being with the roommate for so long, And she did I don't know. She also just seemed like like she had goals for the future that she's not in some crazy rush to get to in a sense that in a way that would make her miserable, but that she is on a conscious path towards And yeah, I just I like, I liked a lot of things about the way that she was thinking and talking about her situation. And I know that fucking debt and the education system. I don't want to talk about ship that I have no fucking idea about because I'm a get go on the internet, but fucks get it gets people fucked over, for sure. I talked to a lot of people personal and on the phone calls here that get fucked with debt. But but all of thatwithstanding, I would not be surprised if Harper, you know, many years however, many years from now, it is significantly closer to that that ideal image that she was talking about, and I hope, I hope she gets there. Hello, Hello, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 6: I am, I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: How can I help you?
Speaker 6: My name is Logan. Oh well, I uh, it's it's kind of like, Okay, it's gonna sound funny, but I'm addicted. I'm addicted to like curtains, Like I don't know, I'm just I'm attracted to curtains.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're attracted to curtains in what way?
Speaker 6: Like I don't know what like way. It's just kind of like, you know, like how your average person is attracted to, you know, like another person, or like how Jeffrey Dahmer was attracted to whatever he was attracted to.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just like logan, Logan, logan, Yes, what he's doing.
Speaker 6: M'm I'm I'm coming to get go for therapy. I'm like a whole kink thing.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, you really are attracted to curtains? Yeah, okay, what do you how do you express your attraction to curtains.
Speaker 6: Uh, well I did well. Instead of using a blanket, I use a curtain as a blanket. I don't really do anything sexual fuel with the curtains. That's be weird. But but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: How is it is this? How is this a problem for you? How has this manifested itself negatively in your life?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: What like, it's just people call me weird and stuff. If you didn't like when I expressed my problem in the chat, I just got slandered or it's so uh, I just I just don't know how to. I don't know if you could like give me away, like to like look at curtains differently.
Speaker 1: Or I can't. I can't. So here's the thing. Look, and I can't solve your attraction to curtains. But I mean I can tell you what I've told a lot of folks who've called in that have you know, sexual fetishes that maybe are not of the norm, which is that I mean, look, dude, if you want to go and take if you want to go into bed, bath and beyond, as long as you take the curtains home from the store before you do it, wrap your dick and curtains all you want. Man, life is short, and you're really not hurting anybody by doing that. So if the only thing uh standing in between you and having sex with curtains is the way that other people feel about it, that's not a compelling thing for me. I'm trying to think of if there's any moral or ethical things here, but I don't think there is. I'm not the judge, jury and executioner on that. But if the only thing that's really stopping you from having sex with these curtains is what your friends might think, this is not a compelling reason to me. Logan, I think that you should feel compelled to have sex with curtains all you want. Now. If you feel as though the curtain fucking is preventing you from going out and attempting to form sexual relationships with real life people, or it's preventing you from moving further positively in your life, then maybe it's a problem. But the way that you describe it to me, it seems rather harmless.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, totally, I agree with Well, I meant in the aspect of like, I just I'm just scared to be judged, you know, to like when when I came out with this. You know, I just I didn't. I didn't know how to tell anyone. I mean, I was just super scared to be judged.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about talking about it right now?
Speaker 6: Well, it's like, yeah, it's like it's relieving, I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good. What kind of curtains do you like to have sex with? Is there a color? Is there a texture? What specific kind of like are you attracted to do? Uh? Uh?
Speaker 6: Gray and white stripes?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, you know I thought you were lying, but that's actually pretty specific. Yep, thank you for calling Logan.
Speaker 6: All right having a night.
Speaker 1: Now that I think about it, curtains are very soft. You know what, I'm gonna go home and fuck my curtains. Maybe Logan is onto something. Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, Hi, who is this miss Allie?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Ali?
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of the stuff so recently my co worker died and it's.
Speaker 2: Been a little rough.
Speaker 5: You know, m hm.
Speaker 1: You were you close with them? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we well we've been friends for you, you and you feels like a long time since I work in the food industry and basically you basically walk in and work and walk out work together, you know, full they in and out to get to know and my one coworker who died with friends with another, Well, my friends were dating another coworker, So this kind of caused a big uh oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let'sten. So you know, you said to the call screener that one of your coworkers passed away and that this coworker's significant other, the person they were dating. You say, they won't leave you alone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they haven't. They keep treating me as a therapist and keeps like even call me after work to talk about it, and it is affecting my mental health really bad.
Speaker 6: Mm.
Speaker 1: What a pickle? What a pickle? Okay? So I mean this? Okay, So your co worker passed away. Their significant other, who you also work with, is having a really tough time with it, and they have selected you as the person to to to help them through the situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah. They basically tell me that they drink law and do drugs and basically all that and it's.
Speaker 7: A lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, huh. I don't really know how to deal with this. I don't know how I would deal with this, to be honest with you if well.
Speaker 5: Also my friend, so I don't want to like say, you know, I don't want to hear this and that stuff and don't like, I don't want to sound like not supportive because they are like they are like older than me, so like I feel like that should have been given not to you know, say it.
Speaker 1: But hm, right, it's difficult because you can't. I mean, well, listen, if you were to communicate honestly and tell the truth, I mean, you would just tell them what you told me. You'd be like, hey, you know, listen, I know that this is a really tough thing for you, but I can't. I just can't handle it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Say that, right, what's your what's your reservation with saying that?
Speaker 5: The thing is that I don't want to say it. And then she's like, you're not supportive, you know, you know, da da da, And you know she's not being friends with me because like she's my only like friend in the workplace, because everyone makes fun of me and my work. So it's a little rough.
Speaker 1: Everyone makes fun of you at your work. Yeah, okay, does that make it a significantly bad place to work?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say. I mean, I'm only there because it pays well, you know, puts food on the table. House of the like you know, a house that stuff you can't like. I can't quit because then I would have like nothing basically, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot of issues at work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know you just deal with it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you? How do you respond with and deal with people making fun of you at work?
Speaker 5: A lot of times I just both with it, or like I just pretended to like, you know, ha ha, I'm you know, joking, but it's kind of obvious. But a lot of times I can't like hang over it because I'm cooking, you know, I'm making food for people, So it's not like an you know right back.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you this? It just in your life as a whole, this issue yeah? Uh, I guess both the issues of your co worker sort of let's use the phrase trauma dumping on you, uh, and then your other coworkers making fun of you, just the general uncomfortable social vibe of your workplace. How significant of an issue is that from the broader perspective of your life as a whole.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's been really tough because I also have under mantal illness is on top of it so like a big one is like I have the ID, which then you know it's in like gang Yelda is also another thing that I don't like because of my PTSD.
Speaker 1: But you know what is what is the idea?
Speaker 5: Uh? It's the social identity disorder?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So like stuff.
Speaker 5: Like that, like being made fun of or maybe getting you know that uld bullying. Sometimes it makes a new person in my head. It's really hard to explain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you go to real therapist?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: What kinds of things does your real therapist tell you about this?
Speaker 5: They just tell me about like they tell me about ways to cope with it, like writing down my feelings and that stuff. But you know, other than that, they know that my situation is that good and uh I don't go to college or go to school that stuff. So they say my job, like my job list is limited, and where I live, they don't really look for what I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Has any of the stuff that they've been telling you been helpful for you?
Speaker 5: I mean not really, But I've been trying to find new hobbies and that stuff to help with it.
Speaker 1: What do you want out of life? Ali?
Speaker 5: Well, right now I'm going to go to coding. I'm trying to get back into the swing of school, trying to find money, E scramble some money, save up to go to coding school. And I kind of just want to you know, I don't have any big dreams, like you know how people say they want to be like a superstar or they want to get big. I just want to live, you know, Yeah, I just want to, you know, live a good life.
Speaker 1: What is what is living a good life look like to you?
Speaker 7: House?
Speaker 5: Food, maybe a family, nothing big, Just to get by in life, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay. I I try not to give advice, but can I give some advice?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're saying you're trying to get into coding with the hopes that that it will allow you to pursue a better job than you win you have now, Yeah, to whatever degree you can, Ali, I feel like I would. I know it probably sucks to get made fun of at work, and I know that it sucks to be dealing with the trauma of somebody else's dead significant other, and that's that's just a fucking lot. But to whatever degree you can metaphorically put your head down and just with as much single minded focus as you can put your energy towards this goal you have of learning the coding to get out of the situation. It's you have a great it's a great plan. I'm glad that you have a plan. I don't know how helpful any of this of what I'm saying is, but I would ignore and just deal with all this stuff, which it sounds like you're already doing from the way that you're talking to me about it. I would just put my head I.
Speaker 5: Try to help her.
Speaker 4: You know, you're clearly, uh, you know, a sweet, empathetic person, and so you're compelled to do that.
Speaker 1: But focus as much as you can on this, this this goal of doing the coding thing and getting out of there, because it doesn't sound like a great place for you to be, at least from what you've told us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think it's great advice, and I am going to take that advice in one with it because I think it's a good advice to take and I kind of need any advice I can get at the moment.
Speaker 1: Keep your head up all you sound, I mean, I don't know, you just have this demeanor that I like. Uh, you say you want a simple life, you want to be able to eat, you want to have a house, you want to have a job where people are not making fun of you. I feel confident in your ability to achieve those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I am.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm starting to learn code on my phone and on the laptop and you know, and I'm starting to do things, and I'm starting to get the ball rolling and I'm thinking about, like this season or next season to actually roll it in the school since I finally got enough money too, you know.
Speaker 1: Good good. I feel like I feel like it's up and up with you.
Speaker 5: I hope. So a lot of stuff has been.
Speaker 1: Happening, Allie. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or any aspect of anything that you feel like we did not cover.
Speaker 5: I would say, chat still just keeping chat. You know, you guys are amazing. I love reading you guys' comments, and I hope that if anything is going on with Chat that they get the help and always know that there's someone you could talk to. But make sure you don't trauma dump on your homies that much because they're shitting cool. Sorry, adviceful and I'm not allowed too, But no, you can say whatever.
Speaker 1: The hell you want. Man, all right, thank you all, have a good night.
Speaker 4: To night.
Speaker 1: I liked her, man, She's cool. She just had this like very cool That's what I would say. It's very cool demeanor about all of this shit. I mean, she was going on about like and I don't know. I never know, Like, dude, I don't I don't know what the contrast is between how a person presents themselves on the phone to me versus what's really going on. And I never will know for sure, but from what I can gather in our phone call, I mean, she was going on about, like, you know, everyone in my workplace is fucking bullies. Me and I have all these mental health issues and I got this going wrong and this going around. But she was so like cool about it, like it's just I don't know. I was I was inspired by like she was mentioning all these problems and again, I don't I don't know what's really going on inside. I don't know what that contrast is. But she was cool about it in the sense of she was like, yes, I'm dealing with this stuff, and I'm I am dealing with it and it's happening, but it's not destroying me. And I still am like, you know, I don't want I don't need to be a superstar. I don't need to fucking become the next m Steve Jobs coder, entrepreneur person. But it'd be nice to have a house and life and stuff. And uh, I don't know, I appreciated that, and uh I I do believe it is on the up and up for allie. Hello, Hello, Hi, oh my god?
Speaker 4: Is this is this?
Speaker 1: Is this a gig? Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 4: J?
Speaker 1: This is who? Now?
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, CJ?
Speaker 1: What's up? CJ? What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Uh? Well, yeah, I came to talk to you about this this little predicament that I'm kind of in. All right, so much call it my girlfriend, right, she doesn't like getting receiving head right, Well, the thing is with me, I love it. You know, it's one of my favorite things to do. So like, it's kind of a weird thing going that she really does not prefer it. But that's the way that gets me going. She always says, no, I don't like it, and listen, this kind of puts me down. By'm like, dam you know, I'm trying to make you feel good. But then you know, she doesn't, she doesn't like it. So I just I just don't know, all.
Speaker 1: Right, what what do you like about giving giving head?
Speaker 4: Oh? The feeling you know, just I don't know, just the feeling of making the my girlfriend just feel good, you know, and just having that power over it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like like when you're ever having sex and you and you know you're doing good. It's also the same kind of feeling when you know you're you're doing a good then all.
Speaker 1: Right, So so you enjoy you enjoy giving pleasure? Yes, yes, all right? So I mean are there ways that she receives pleasure besides just uh, you know, you giving her head?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What else could you do to give her pleasure?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I do everything. You know she likes to know, the neck kisses, all that stuff, grabbing up on her. There's plenty of other different things I could do, right, and that I do do, like we are, is very good and stuff like. So's a lot of different things we've tried and stuff like that. But I just really like to do that to her, to go down on her. Before you get into business, you know, you like to pregame, you know, you know, little.
Speaker 1: What is she what is what is what? When you've talked to her about this? What does she enjoy doing in bed?
Speaker 4: Uh? She she enjoys the floor poor play that we do, but just not just me going down her. She likes everything else, you know, the next casey and grabbing up on her.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: She she's very submissive in that way. So then I step up and be the more dominant one. And that's what That's what she likes, and that's what I like. I like to do.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: M Well, well, ship man, I mean, why don't you if you know what she likes? And it sounds like you guys are very very communicative, communicative with one another, why don't you use the results of that communication to guide whatever it is that you you do in bed? Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: That's true. I do do that sometimes, you know, But there's also some things that she doesn't like that I'm angry now. Yeah, so my girlfriend just came in. But but yeah, it's just I do do a lot of different things, and I'm trying to get more in to it. But you know, because she she she does one thing that I don't like that that she would likes. She likes to be to get came on. You know, that's that's what her thing is. But I don't like that, you know, so we're just trying to figure out different ways.
Speaker 1: Why don't why don't you like? Why don't you like coming on your girlfriend? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Honestly, I feel like it's kind of like it's not gross or anything to me. I just not my type of tea, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like, let me talk, Let me talk to her. Can I talk to her?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Maybe I want to talk to you?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, Hello, So your boyfriend is talking all about, you know, communicating with you about sex stuff. I don't know if you've heard everything he's been talking about.
Speaker 3: No, I tuned in a little bit late.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me ask you this in bed. What would you like to sort of get from your boyfriend more that that you think he could be doing a better job of.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean our sex life is pretty good, Like like he said, we like communicate about it and stuff. It's literally the only issue. It's just him going down on me. I don't really prefer it. Everything else is good, like I'd like everything else that we do.
Speaker 1: Well, shit, you know, look, if you don't like it, I mean, that's fucking I feel like that's that's that. You know, what else is there to really be be said and done?
Speaker 7: Know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I keep telling him, because it's not like I don't always not let him go down Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: I don't always not let him. No, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Like he does it sometimes, Like I won't like completely turn him down from it. You know, if he hits the right spots, I'll react to it. It's not like I completely hate it. I just don't prefer it.
Speaker 1: M Well, shit, if you don't prefer it, then I don't know. I don't really know what else there is to do here. I wonder what a real sex here? This is some points I just hit break. There's some calls I just hip brick walls with and I'm like, what an actual fucking person who knows about.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing I I told him that I would, I would let him. I would let him go down on anymore if he would just like nut on you when I asked him to.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're doing a little bit of sexual barter.
Speaker 3: Bartering bartering is exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we're making a trade here, Yes, exactly. Okay, I think a trade is fair, like a trade is fair? Is he what? What's his? Is his? How does he feel about a trade?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's the trade sounds. Oh, guys, I just don't.
Speaker 3: Know, man.
Speaker 4: I really don't like coming on her.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because and she doesn't like when you lick her for China and you guys are bartering, you're compromising. Yeah, that's a trade. That's what a trade is. I give somebody twenty dollars for a sandwich. That's one of those fucking expensive futus. I don't like giving people twenty dollars, but I like sandwiches. Yeah, I guess. I guess it's a trade.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: How do we so, I'm asking both of you guys, how do we feel about this trade? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's just a good middle ground. I feel like this could have worked, you know, because, uh, but most of the time I do come on her, just on her ask you know, you hit it from the back, but you know, but like whenever hitting it from like a missionary, you know, from the front.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I just don't like Solily in that moment it's come. I don't know if that makes sense. I don't know, because I just really liked the way it looks.
Speaker 1: What's your name, c J, c J, c J. Your girlfriends. I want you to have samanpathy for sake. I want you to think about your girlfriends, what you think about. You don't like coming on people, but imagine getting comedne. It probably feels nice, you know, come, is you EVERJJJ? Listen to me? Okay, have you ever jacked off and you accidentally came on your thigh or your hand and it is like a warm sensation. It's like you're being hot, Like all the little sperm cells in your jeez, they're like hugging you. You know, it's a nice feel. It feels nice to get comed onne. And so when you come on your girlfriends, you're giving her that pleasure of the warm sensation of your ejaculate. And that's because that's what she desires, that's what she's asking for from you. And so just have some empathy for that, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, I got you, I got Yeah.
Speaker 5: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: I guess that we thought of it that way. I don't know. From the very young age, I never like.
Speaker 1: Things.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it just kind of grows from a.
Speaker 1: Very young age. You never liked coming on things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been a Yeah, I started very young. I'm not proud to say that I started very young.
Speaker 1: Well, CJ, I feel like I've heard enough about you and your girlfriend's genitals for this evening. Is there anything else that you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: I guess, I guess come on your girlfriend, which he asked.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is good. We have a breakthrough here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think we did. I think I think it might try it tonight. See what happened.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful, you guys have a wonderful rest of the evening.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you. Thanks for getting me.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Let's see. I think, Oh, they're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: It does. By the way, I'm not like I've never had somebody else come on me. I don't want I wouldn't want to. But every time I come on myself, I like, get it. Every time I accidentally come on my own stomach, I'm like, oh, this feels nice. So I'm not gonna say I don't understand. Hello, it is Lyle. We have reached the end of the phone. Calls of this stream, and I would now like to share with you an interview that I did with a frenchwoman on the beaches of Cancun in real life. I was in Cancun on a little post tour vacation when I realized that I get just really antsy sitting around and doing nothing on a beach. I like to get out and work and do stuff. I know it sounds insane, but I set up my Gecko interview station and I did a bunch of interviews on the beach there. So if you like this segment and you want to hear the full thing, you can go to YouTube dot com, slash lyle forever, or just search being a Gecko in Cancun. Okay, let's get into the interview. Thank you for saying I think people. I think most people, and you know rightly enough, most people think I'm like trying to charge the money for pictures and stuff.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I just find it really fun.
Speaker 1: What's what's your name, Katie? Katie? Very nice to meet you. What are you doing here on the beach of Plia del Carmen vacation.
Speaker 7: I guess, okay, I guess like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what What do you do when you're not vacationing?
Speaker 7: I'm working?
Speaker 1: You're working. Do you know? Do you like your job?
Speaker 7: I love my job.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 7: I work in hotel?
Speaker 1: You work at hotels?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well so so like weirdly enough, just going on vacation and being at a hotel like make you think about work?
Speaker 7: Actually it does, but when you switch it off, it's so much better.
Speaker 1: Okay, switch it off. Who are you here with anyone?
Speaker 7: No? By myself?
Speaker 1: Oh you can by yourself. That's great. Do you do you take vacations by yourself A lot?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: Do you prefer to vacation by yourself and with other people?
Speaker 7: I do? Why is that because I don't have to wait for anyone? You know, in the morning, you wake up, okay, I might go back to bed, that's okay. There's no one next to you say, oh, let's go for breakfast, or let's go someone do shopping or something. You decide your own schedule.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 7: So that's what I love about it.
Speaker 1: I like that too, Yeah. I like I like doing things by myself all the time. I like going to like the aquarium by myself. I can sit and stare at one fish for like an hour and there's no one tapping me being like, we gotta go.
Speaker 7: Do you use a that's outfit when you do that?
Speaker 1: Sometime it'd be fun to do one of these with the aquarium.
Speaker 7: You should.
Speaker 1: So you're on what is your How long are you on vacation for?
Speaker 7: I've been here for three days already, so I have five more days.
Speaker 1: You're on vacation for eight weeks? No, I mean eight days? So I can I ask you? Though? So you're vacationing by yourself, and I totally understand. That's how I like to do my vacations too. Does it ever get lonely?
Speaker 7: Sometime it does? You know, Sometime you're like, okay, because if the thing is, it's easier to meet people when you're by yourself. Definitely, when you have like you're in the crowd and everything people are maybe you know, worried to actually approach true and by yourself, it's so much different. But sometimes it does get lonely. You're in the restaurant or something, You're looking at all the people, so you don't want to disturb them, so you end up being alone a little bit. Sometimes you might want to do some activities and you have to pair with someone for you by yourself. Sometimes it does, but at the end of the day, the highlight is because I feel like I've met so many people and other people person.
Speaker 1: So I love it definitely. That's my favorite part of traveling alone is it makes it easier to meet other people. Weirdly enough, exactly have you been meeting a lot of people and you travel so far? Honestly, yes, where you meet them like you're on at the clubs and anyone.
Speaker 7: Today, I want I meet a French lady. I'm French and she's so nice. I was just, you know, doing shopping and I met her. So we connect you on Instagram, so we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Now, that's great, that's great. Where in Fronts are from?
Speaker 7: In Friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Actually I was raised in Cholet, the small little town next to Note. Do you know friends?
Speaker 1: I know, I know Paris, and I know Nice, which I called nice for a very long time until I find out always pronounced nice.
Speaker 7: Like the movie movie Bresnie so brusty. Nice is something No, I've never heard of any movie you watch this? Okay, well I'll write that Dan, I guess we're recording it.
Speaker 1: Hopefully. I hope this thing is on.
Speaker 7: How about you people?
Speaker 1: I said that again?
Speaker 7: Have you did you meet a lot of people?
Speaker 1: Let's see, I met one guy just now who's a travel blogger. I met you. It's it's very I'm glad I met you because I after about ten people are hoards of people are walking by and I'm like trying to get them to talk to me, and they're like not looking. And it's funny because earlier today I was walking around just as myself around the town and other people in costumes. Have you seen them? There's like guys run around just a spider man or likeeople who like are you know, stand outside a restaurants like trying to be like, hey come, you know, take a picture or whatever. And I do the same thing to them. So I feel like I'm on the opposite side of what I've been gave out this morning, you know.
Speaker 7: Okay, So my question is you YouTube or you have an Instagram?
Speaker 1: I have both. I do YouTube and Instagram. Yeah. Do you are you of longer of any kind? Do you document your travels?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: Do you Do you have a journal at all?
Speaker 7: I have my personal journal, Yes, Okay, it's a written one. Nobody actually have to read it. It's for myself.
Speaker 1: What do you can I ask? What kinds of things you talk about in the journal?
Speaker 7: Anyway? Anything?
Speaker 1: Anything?
Speaker 7: Anything?
Speaker 1: What? What did what did your entry sound like yesterday? Do you do it every day?
Speaker 7: Not every day? Only when I feel like it? Yesterday I was so tired, so actually look like, Okay, that's what I did today. And I was talking about the fact that you know, when you exhausted, it comes from so many things. So it came from I was about society, and I was talking about so many things that I once.
Speaker 1: So, okay, you're talking about society. I am you have thoughts about society that you've been because when you when you're traveling alone. I know this from experience, you got lots of time to just think exactly. Can I hear like some of your thoughts about society?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough enough myself? Okay, fair enough, fair enough? Where are you off to next?
Speaker 7: Next? I'll just work a little bit more, try to see you around. I'm not actually staying in play at de Camp and I'm actually staying in Tulom, so I have to take a collective look back to Tuloom soon.
Speaker 1: So what kinds of things do you do back home in France like that when you're not working, when you're not vacation, and what do you do with your life?
Speaker 7: I'm boring? No, actually, for some people I'm boring, But for myself, I'm not boring.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're boring at all. You're traveling to foreign countries alone, You're zooming all around.
Speaker 7: Well, what I do I need? I drew some time, I sing for myself. I go shopping with my friends, and honestly, I spent actually my time to actually look read a lot.
Speaker 1: You draw? You said, what kinds of things inspire your art?
Speaker 7: People?
Speaker 1: People do you like to draw? People like to do you draw your family and friends? What do you What kind of people do you draw?
Speaker 7: Just people that I see around, just people.
Speaker 1: You see around? So have you been doing that at all? Like just kind of sitting on the beach and no, No, I'm on vacation. Okay, maybe when I go back to my room. Okay, I respect that. I was thinking myself. I was I was about to not do this because I was sitting in my hotel room. I was like, I'm on vacation.
Speaker 7: So do.
Speaker 1: I really need to bust out the gecko soup, But every time I do, I'm glad I get to meet someone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly. So question for you, how long you've been on vacation.
Speaker 1: For I got here two days ago, two days ago, and I leave tomorrow.
Speaker 7: That's a sure vacation.
Speaker 1: It's a sure but I honestly, I, uh, well, I've been I I do. I do like live shows and stuff. And I was on a tour in the US, okay, and for about two weeks. And I came straight from that tour to me, heret of this your comedian, I do that. I actually do. I do this but on stage with people, and so I've been doing that for two weeks, and I came right here and then I, uh, I.
Speaker 7: Got me curious. Now I'm gonna have to go and actually check you out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I'll show you. I'll show you the gram. But I'm actually like, it was a short trip, but it's perfect amount because I'm very ready to go home actually and do nothing. I haven't been in my apartment for two weeks, so it could be on fire right now. I don't know what's going on there. Oh, mushroom's growing, mushrooms growing dead mice. Do you do you live alone? Are you not worried that, Like I'm always worried that something's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: No, No, I mean I live in Montreal, so oh really if something, actually, if my apartment has to catch.
Speaker 1: Fire, I've never been to Montreal before. Is it worth it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: Worth it?
Speaker 1: Okay, it is amazing.
Speaker 7: It's an amazing city, especially during summer with all the festival. If you're like you know meaning people, you know the old the festival in music? Do you love music?
Speaker 1: Are you a music festival person?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got that vibe from you. You have this like friendly, open vibe to yourself that I see whenever I go to music festivals exactly.
Speaker 7: So music festivals so many of them in Montreal, so you don't get bored and it's always alive. So now winter is coming soon.
Speaker 1: And what kind of music do you listen to anything? Anything?
Speaker 7: So this summer, most of it was house because of the person I've been spending time with this summer, she loves house electro. So we've been going to this kind of music festival. But it depends on the mood. I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what what have you been listening to while you've been on vacation. That's classical music? And like do like that kind of stuff?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: No, mostly, like, yeah, a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: Not the same piano music. Interesting? Interesting? Is that what you were listen into while you were walking?
Speaker 7: No, I don't have any No, I really don't.
Speaker 1: What do you when you when you relax on the beach? Are you like? Do you listen to music? Do you read a book? Or do you do you sleep? Or do you just stare at the ocean? What do you how do you relax?
Speaker 7: I listened to the ocean? Okay, well, yeah, and I read but I don't have my book today so it won't work. And yeah, that's it. You just listen to the people around you.
Speaker 1: You you eaves drop on folks. No, No, it's boring.
Speaker 7: This it's a you know, like an interesting conversation. No, it's boring you.
Speaker 1: Like you've tried eves dropping on people and you're like, I don't care about your you know, the divorce you're going through or the you.
Speaker 7: I don't try, but sometimes it comes up. Okay, I'm pretty sure you do that if you ask me. The question. It means that you do that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, my whole thing is, you know, talking to I'm always curious what's going on with people. I eaves drop on stuff. I also, I like, you know, I'm always trying to pay attention to how other people behave and talk because it keys me into like, you know, how should I behave and talk as as I maneuver through the universe. And so maybe I'll listen to other people. I'll be like, man, that guy having this conversation that writes to me, he's really confident. I should like take notes on what he's you know, saying. So I'll do that. Yeah, now I would like literally pull out a pen and take notes, but like mental notes, I get it.
Speaker 7: You learn from other people exactly exactly. So my question is to speak Spanish?
Speaker 1: Un poquito o poquito? Is that even a word? Piqito? I know, and I know a handful of phrases and enough that I can like walk around, walk around and say a few things, but I can't really have like a conversation. What do you what do you do? You know any Spanish that fly a key? Okay, I guess numbers katiki cat.
Speaker 7: Cat, It's kitty. But in French, okay, if you want, and you know French, I'm French.
Speaker 1: I feel like Spanish and French are like actually kind of similar.
Speaker 7: I guess I've been told that. But you know, with the four years trying to learn Spanish, not that much.
Speaker 1: You spent four years trying to learn Spanish really okay, you know, trying in about four years of due lingo exactly.
Speaker 7: You said it, Okay, look like the guy you know?
Speaker 1: Like, are you saying I look like the d lingo bird. I've never gotten that before, but that's true. I've gotten people say I look like a frog. They said I look like, yo, you look like a frog. I'll take that. I respect that. I don't I'm not a frog, but people have been you know, I I don't know. I think in Spanish the word gecko is just gecko. But people have been pointing at me and being like, like little kids will be like Poppy's larana, it's larana, I mean it's frog, okay, or orlaple, what is it? There's a both frogs?
Speaker 7: I mean, is it like it's from a coltoon? I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Like me, I'm just like a gecko, okay, so your friends and family, are you keeping in touch with them while you are here on the beach. Are they like not worried about you?
Speaker 7: They're used to it. My dad called me this morning, Okay, do you wish maybe a happy body in advance their birthday tomorrow?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do for your birthday?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna go visit the reoms in Tulum in the morning. In the afternoon, I booked a extcution. I think they're taking me around. I think not too far from here, something like that. And in the evening, I booked a dinner in a restaurant. From what I understand is a U can't start cuisin something like that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you're kind of asked you a question that I'm curious about. I love to solo travel. I love going place by myself. I have friends who are women that I tell them about it, and they're like, oh, I wish I could do that, but they're like afraid for their safety. But yet when I'm on the road, I do meet a lot of like solo female travelers, So I'm like, well, there are people out there doing it. Do you have like anything that you would say or any advice to anyone who is like afraid to go out and travel by themselves, like safety wise, but wants to do it.
Speaker 7: The thing is a phrase, Well, we only have one life, so if you have to live by your fear, you will never leave. That will be something I would say, because to be honest with you, I was afraid to to come. But every single time I actually good travel, I'm always care what if something happens to me? Is this happens to me? But as long as you actually you know, just do your own research. And actually you need to find the places where you're comfortable with and you don't have to do things that you don't feel comfortable with, so don't force yourself. But at the same time, you need to enjoy life.
Speaker 1: So m M, do you feel as though you are good at conquering your fears? Me? No, But were you were you afraid to come out of here by yourself?
Speaker 7: Well you know into here? No play at the campine is different. But tulun Yas because Tulum is in the jungle something like that. And my hotel is actually right in the middle of the jungle.
Speaker 1: From in the middle of the jungle.
Speaker 7: If something like that, I guess because around it When I look at the map, there's nothing just besides this, and we're just next to the sea. So beside the sea, the result and the jungle. There's some other result next to it, but there's nothing around. So that's where we sam. But other than that, I mean, now you know, I'm scared of spiders, I'm scared of all these things.
Speaker 1: So obviously are you Are you ever going to face those fears? Are you ever going to have no choice?
Speaker 7: At some point? I guess if they come up to me, what am I going to do?
Speaker 1: I like that? Like what you said, Just say say what you said again. You said, if you live by your fear, you won't live it all. Something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So basically, if you have to live by your fail you will never live at all.
Speaker 1: Tell me, is that something? Is that a philosophy that you kind of had to work your way up towards or was that something you've always had within you?
Speaker 7: I had to learn it?
Speaker 1: How do you feel like you learned it? My friends, your friends.
Speaker 7: The people surrounding, the people I've been meeting. So, I mean, you know, it takes a lot of courage to actually decide to leave. You know, where you were raised, so leave friends was not easy, but I wanted to leave anyway. So I started with London and then I moved after that to Canada, and then from Canada, Okay, now I'm traveling a little bit more around. So you need to start somewhere.
Speaker 1: Right right. I feel like that's like the people I've talked to who are like afraid of, you know, traveling. It's like, go take a weekend to like another state first. You don't have to start by going to Korea exactly. That you just start in another state and then you kind of work your way up, like you were talking about.
Speaker 7: So just start with something exactly. Just go somewhere where is going to be something different, and then slowly, by slowly, you will have the confidence to actually go further.
Speaker 1: And what's your next trip that you're going to take.
Speaker 7: I really don't know. Well, technically, yes, I have to take a plane back to Montreal, but honestly, I'm hoping that next year I'm going to go to Bali, Bali.
Speaker 1: I've heard cool things about Bali me too. I've heard that like in all those places like Bali and Vietnam and Thailand, there's like a big solo travel you know, community there.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of people over there, and surprising there's a lot of French people everywhere. So that's fine.
Speaker 1: Have you met tell me this. I have been France and it was cool. People talk a lot about how they think that French people can can be assholes. Now you're very nice.
Speaker 7: Everybody can be assholes.
Speaker 1: Everybody can be assles. That's why I That's why I think too anytime there's any sort of like generalization of like, you know, well, the people from this part of America, this part of Europe can be this.
Speaker 7: But I'm like everywhere, I do get the feeding because to benest with you, Paris is another environment. I'm not from Paris, so I love Parisian people. I do love them. But the environment sometimes when you're on outsider, it's different. It's different, but it's the same for big cities, you know, like in London is the same. Some people when they actually you know, British people, they will go to London, but they don't feel comfortable because the vibe is different. But it is the same in big cities, you know. Same thing for people that comes from Calgary, let's say, and they will have to go to Montreal and Montreal is a big city or something like that. You know, it's the same. But at the end of the day, I will say, if you go to Friends, don't stop at Paris. You have to travel around. Okay, try the small cities, my friends. Is such a beautiful country, you know, all the history, all the different places, the culture, and the food. The food. It's all about the food anyway.
Speaker 1: So yes, what is your name again?
Speaker 7: Katie?
Speaker 1: Katie? Thank you for talking to a gat though. I want to say just to anyone who's listening at home, because you know, I've sat here and I have twenty tons of people are walking by. They're not looking at me. I'm about to get I say this every episode. I'm about to give up. I'm like, ah, fuck, nobody's gonna come stop. And then a very friendly person stops by. We have a good conversation. It always goes to show that, you know, stick it out for a little bit longer and something fun and cool will happen. So thank you very much. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer, Well.
Speaker 7: Geko's nice and thank you so much for talking to me today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for talking to me today. I appreciate it, oh, I appreciate that. That's awesome. Than you have a good rest of the trip. I'm giving you my gecko blessings for the remaining five days, and I'll see you out there in the universe. Thank you, of course, and goes on the line taking your phone calls every night, never goes to side. He's teaching you Cloud in the mid of your life.
Speaker 7: An expert