Speaker 1: You're a little too excited about a triscut, dude, I love Triskeuts are so boring and bland. You got to put something on it. I've had the box. I've been putting the cinnamon, toast crunch cinna dust on it. It's really good.
Speaker 2: A plain triscut is one of my favorite exactly, it's so dry, but one of my favorite snacks of all time.
Speaker 1: But it's just got a hint of salt.
Speaker 2: I love the hint. It's like, oh, oh, a hint.
Speaker 1: I can't play that anymore.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: There's nothing we can play, right. I don't think we'd do anything anymore anyway, So welcome to Serial Killers. This is the podcast where I guess we eat snack foods as well. I don't know what you would consider a trisk it.
Speaker 2: I love what I love. No, a little bit of I guess you don't, cause they didn't say it. A little bit of brie, a little bit of bree cheese, or Jeddar on a trisket, Cheddar on a triscu it.
Speaker 1: I do, I do do the cheddar things. And yeah, anyway, speaking of book, do you know that did you notice on our Instagram page that Magic Spoon tried to like do something that we had to approve so we could be on their page or something like that. Did you see that. No, it's like Magic Spoon wants to collaborate with you or something like that. Why accept it? I don't know, it's not there anymore because I just said okay, except it was like it was like, but Meta did it. It's like Meta suggests that Magic Spoon wants to do this. So I just said, all right, let's see what happens. And I just said, this is not a monetization thing, it's just a thing. So I just said, okay, let's just see what happened. I mean, generally we hate Magic Spoon because it's mostly gross, big expensive box of vomit or vomit inducing o's so AnyWho. Sometimes I think once, maybe twice twice, it's always got that aftertaste thing, the stevia thing.
Speaker 2: But when it is good, it is decent.
Speaker 1: I would like to try to figure out how to get a I understand I don't want to fight, but I think we need to try to figure out how to get a better camera. Because video is great. People love watching it, but it's poor quality because it's just the laptop camera. I know it doesn't look great. How can we do something. There's a camera back there that you brought. How do you hook it up to things.
Speaker 2: Let's see if I could plug it.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't do it now. That's not what I'm saying. But it's it's not gonna work. Now you will Why would you do this? You know what? I tell you what while you're doing that, Halloween is coming up. Halloween is this Friday. As long as you're listening to this, when you're listening to this, so I'm gonna play the very very first commercial for Count Chocula Frankenberry from nineteen seventy one. Don't be scared. I'm the super sweep monster with the super sweet You see your Count Chocula pistol. Here's the super Sweetness City.
Speaker 2: But I've got chocolate Sweetees for moms, Sweetie.
Speaker 1: Chalkl flavor, I've got berry flavored Sweet East Monsters strong Bedy flavor. Councula. No no, no, no, no, no, no, what do you do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: We don't do Okay, Well, anyway, Andrew left because he has a wire or like, you don't do this in the middle of the podcast, You Big Dope. Anyway, that was the Count Chalcula and Frankenberry introduction back in nineteen seventy one, just before Halloween then is when those cereals came out. And as you know, they are only in stores for this time of year, so you're not going to see them. I mean, you'll see them on the discount show.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's really weird because I find that Count Chocula always sells out first. Right now in the stores that I shop, and even the Targets and the Walmarts, they don't seem to have the Count Chalcula anymore. You're stuck with the Frankenberry and possibly Booberry. You might see also in some Oh you have it. It was great. I was just telling them about the history of Count Chocula and Frankenberry. So what's gonna happen right now? So all of a sudden, it's gonna switch to like HD video in the middle of the podcast. But all right, and you know, over the years, they also I'm talking over the years, they also you know, had Fruit Bruit, which was the fruity one, and there was Fruity Yummy Mummy, which was kind of the same Wow. Wow, that's pretty cool. But the quality does not look any better.
Speaker 2: Well because my screen is so low on the brightness.
Speaker 1: All right, so if you're watching this on YouTube, you'll see Andrew just switch the camera and this one is a little bit higher quality. So we do need to get into the cereals. So what I'm going to do now is go into the cereal sack. And because Andrew will complain that I never do the cereals that he brings in, we're not gonna do the first one, the new one first. We're gonna do what Donna got for us. Where did Donna find this? Musely? Really? Yeah? When did they go to island? How long has she been holding on to this for?
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago? Three weeks ago? Oh?
Speaker 1: So it's.
Speaker 2: Do you think that looks? Decid?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean it looks, it looks we'll see. Okay, So this is Flavon's Flahavons say Itlhavens Flavens.
Speaker 2: It's musically incorporated, Okay, Mary Tyler Moore, No, oh, Golden Girls, Austin Feffer incorporated. Wait wait, so I was right with We're gonna do it? So I was right with Mary Tyler you're not right at all. The Mary Tyler Moore show.
Speaker 1: No, throw the hat in the air. Nope, then what is that one? Vernon Shirley, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, incorporate Okay, so this is high eight and muse lely, I have a migraine. So you really mad at me?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm gonna then keep it. I'll keep it down. This is a delicious blend of eight different grains, fruits and seeds. Uh. This is the original flavor. And in the original there's Irish oats, rye, wheat, dates, raisins, apricots, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. Fine, And for some reason, the musli bags are always like powdery because somehow the powder escaped. It's always very dry. Look there's powder on it. Great, I'm not. I don't think we've ever really been a big fan because I think you're supposed to like cook it or boil it. It's just very dry without look, thinks it's kind of almost like oatmeal. So we're just gonna like put I feel like this is better suited for hot water, and we're hot milk.
Speaker 2: I mean we always I feel like all the European cereals are actually just oatmeal. They just don't call it oatmeal, so then we just wind up having dry oats like we're horses.
Speaker 1: I can't close this, can you please?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So today we'll be using two percent milk from seven eleven. It's seven select. I actually walked into the refrigerator case to get this. They didn't have any milk out, and I was a rebel. I opened the door that you're not supposed to go in, and I walked into the cooler and I'm like, I'll just take this milk. Dude, I don't care because they only had fat free or whole. Yeah, I was a rebel. They don't even care.
Speaker 2: Like the nineties are back.
Speaker 1: Man, if it was my store, I have an alarm on that thing.
Speaker 2: We'd have an alarm, right, just kidding, we wouldn't, all.
Speaker 1: Right, well cause it just kind of turned into a y soupy mess. Here. Mmmm, it's bland even with stuff in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. I like the Apricots when I finally get one. M it's weird. Yeah, thanks Donna. You know what I have to say to that? Andy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What? WHOA? That was cool? I loaded that for Donna.
Speaker 2: Thanks. No, she'll really appreciate that when she watched the clip. Yeah, I'm gonna give us two bowls. It needs something else. What that something is, I don't know. I think it needs it needs to be more like a porridge. It needs hot milk, and it needs to sit for a little bit. Yeah, and kind of soak it all up. Then I think I would like it better with a little brown sugar too.
Speaker 1: The apricots and the dates give it a nice little bit of sweetness. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When do you ever really see apricots or dates in a cereal?
Speaker 1: Lots of dates, plenty of cereals, up dates if you look down the aisle. Okay, cool, I'm gonna give you two bows in a spoon. It's okay, but it needs to be prepared differently. We don't do that on this show. No, it's milk or nothing.
Speaker 2: We eat it as is.
Speaker 1: Speaking of milk, that milk company that I was talking to completely ghosted.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I think I asked them for too much money. What are you gonna do, Andrew? We should just be happy with anything. Like if they want to give us twenty bucks in the gallon of milk, we should have been like, cool, we'll talk about you at this point, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, just keep it pushing, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's do the new cereal this week, Andrew Hi, this one in the sack for a little bit. We did the sister cereal of it. It's Nature Valley Cool. Stop looking, Stop trying to peek in my sack. It's literally sitting on the floor Nature Valley Cereal. This one's the Honey Almond.
Speaker 2: Now my head.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't really shake it hard.
Speaker 2: You can shake it, just don't shake it next to my ear.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry. I know migraine suck. When it's like an I mind, aren't getting my eye sockets same? Oh, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: I always know it's coming because my left side starts to feel like super intense muscle and pain.
Speaker 1: And then you know it's something that just Tiland or Alvil is not gonna take care of. You need.
Speaker 2: I took a tilent on and I only take one tilet All What because, Toddler, my heart beats really fast if I take more than one tile in all our ad film.
Speaker 1: Well, they have medications that are good for high blood pressure.
Speaker 2: Is that high blood pressure from migraine? What it is? High blood pressure from my causes migraine.
Speaker 1: No, but I mean they make medication that you can take that doesn't make your heart go nuts.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm not gonna take it for the couple times maybe every couple of years you just.
Speaker 1: Said I take You just said I take one tilet all because it makes my heart crazy. They have medications that don't bother your heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that. Oh so instead of taking tilent Ah like.
Speaker 1: I know that, I know, like for colds like that coruscedin, you can do hp B for high blood pressure and then you don't doesn't mess with you. By the way, I was just at the cardiologist a week clean bill of health, even though the chest pains are still there. I'm good. My calcium levels at zero. I don't know what that means, but he said it's good.
Speaker 2: So doctor Quinn was right. No, so everything that you complained about in ball chat didn't actually happen.
Speaker 1: It did How did it happen? I had a massive I had a massive heart attack and stroke.
Speaker 2: You know they would have shown that in the report, I believe.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then I'm okay. I just have been over exerting myself with exercise. So these flakes have little chunks of flakes made with whole grain granola clusters and almonds slivers. Fine, are you allergic to almonds?
Speaker 2: I guess we'll see again.
Speaker 1: M h okay, that was over the top ad a nice little touch of sweetness. I don't like it. I mean like does tastes slightly like a nature rally and Oli bar. That's good.
Speaker 2: That is really good. I don't give it's four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think it's that good. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan, you know.
Speaker 1: I wish I could remember the other one. My children. My memory is slipping. That's what happens when you hit fifty. I can't remember anything. Wow. That sucks. We did have the other Nature Valley cereal a couple of weeks ago. I should chocolate. It was not chocolate.
Speaker 2: It wasn't chocolate. No, Well, you also lose your memory at thirty four three bowls in a spoon. For me, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 2: It is a good cereal, really good sweetness.
Speaker 1: I like the crunch.
Speaker 2: The flake is really nice. I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm ninety nine percent sure that I bought that, but just in case, General Mills sent it to us. We love you, General Mills.
Speaker 2: Thank you, General Mills.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. They do send us boxes every once in a while, like they did send me that. Look, that's good that Nature Valley yogurt toppers because there's dried cherries in there.
Speaker 2: So they sent this to you, and you didn't share it until we were live on this podcast.
Speaker 1: It's been sitting there.
Speaker 2: Oh but I'm not supposed to look in the cereals act.
Speaker 1: Well, and they sent it to me a long time ago because it expired in August. Wow, but it's still delicious. Okay, all right, well you know what. We will be back right after this.
Speaker 2: Can I see the box?
Speaker 1: Wait? Does that guy still work here? Don't the Mikey likes a guy?
Speaker 2: Can I see the box?
Speaker 1: What box?
Speaker 2: The Frankenberry box.
Speaker 1: No, you can't touch it.
Speaker 2: You told me that I could see it when we did this weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I already let you touch his face.
Speaker 2: No you didn't.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I swear on everything. I was gone when you got the box.
Speaker 1: Somebody touched his face.
Speaker 2: It wasn't me, it was Elvis. When you talked about it on air.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure somebody rubbed his face. Careful. This is so cool. Yeah, it's muppet like.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's because they teamed up with Jim Henson.
Speaker 2: Since Frankenberry, right, that is awesome cool.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the cereal is just going to go stale because I will never open that box.
Speaker 2: So what are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 1: It's gonna keep it. It's collector's item. What we're cereal people, Dude, this means a lot to us.
Speaker 2: The rats in your attic are gonna love that fifteen Ye, rats don't go that high. There's no my parents have rats in the attic.
Speaker 1: There's no rats and attics.
Speaker 2: Yes, the little field mice they get onto your roof and then they burrow in a rat and of mouse is very different their mouse mice, moose, map mice mice. Guess who's back back again? Your uncle, Uncle Crumboles, Uncle croumboles. Wait, I said it, aren't you impressed?
Speaker 1: I knew well you looked. No, he didn't look at him. Hey, everybody, I'm gonna throw my mustache.
Speaker 2: He's got a scary mustache.
Speaker 1: I love it. I wish I could grow on like that. What do you call that? He's he has a maniacle maniacole. But wait, don't you isn't that called something with a curly one hipster? No, it's it's got some kind of a name. Okay. I just remember Dastardly and Muttley. Dastardly always had the curly mustache from the Yogi Bear, very good from Hannah Barbera in the seventies. Yep. And Muttley used to he used to laugh like a dope. Oh cool, what was Muttley?
Speaker 2: Muttley was a dog, very good.
Speaker 1: I think they flew in an airplane.
Speaker 2: Dastardly Mmmm, well the way wit the plane was dastardly.
Speaker 1: No, Dastardly was the pilot, was the guy he had the scarf? Yes, right? And Muttley I don't remember what their whole thing was. I think he was evil and the dog just laughed.
Speaker 2: Maybe the dog was smarter. Then they put on I think.
Speaker 1: The dog smoke cigarettes, because that's what it sounded like. His laugh sounded.
Speaker 2: It was a wheezy laugh, not from the Jeffersons. And then ooo, dare what then dare stepped in?
Speaker 1: It's drugs?
Speaker 2: Drugs?
Speaker 1: What's the Jeffersons.
Speaker 2: I know that, Jeff, We've had this conversation all the way back from the first season, because that was my six show. Whenever I would wake up and get sick at like three in the morning, the Jeffersons were always the show on in TV Land at two three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, anyway, our good frien the Bakery on Main they are the ones that make this. Remember the Bakery on Maine. Of course you don't remember.
Speaker 2: My question is do they still do nick at night? No? So like they don't play like full House on Nickelodeon after like eight.
Speaker 1: Is Nickelodeon even a channel anymore? Yes? Where channel?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We have cable, I have YouTube TV. You don't know nothing.
Speaker 2: I have Nickelodeon on it. I just never have checked at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: So Uncle Crumble's granola. This is brainbery, brain because Halloween, brain bery, happy Halloween brains.
Speaker 2: Oh it's really yeah, but they really I don't think that's the Halloween cereal.
Speaker 1: It's not but brains what brains? Halloween?
Speaker 2: No, you can't be false advertising like that. We're talking. This is not a Halloween cereal.
Speaker 1: I think it is because brain.
Speaker 2: It is not. Do not listen to this man. He's crazy.
Speaker 1: Put all the halloweens of us. Oh, brains, that's Halloween. I'm sorry. Can you do that one more time?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: They open up the head and the brains halloween stuff. Can you just gummy brains? Ever?
Speaker 2: Say it one more time like that?
Speaker 1: I will not. You can go back and rewind hit the little back thirty seconds? Thing that was?
Speaker 2: Can I say something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's look, this is brain power.
Speaker 2: It's did you even pour it in the cup?
Speaker 1: Yes, it says when brain power meets brand power.
Speaker 2: It's brain berry. There's berries in.
Speaker 1: This right, but brand and brain brain you just taking I take the eye out and brain becomes brand.
Speaker 2: Just give me my cup.
Speaker 1: It's so clever to me the cup here.
Speaker 2: But guys, this is not a Halloween series.
Speaker 1: I think it is. Uh, there's seeds in here too. There's sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and uh, antioxidants all thank god it only has real ingredients in it.
Speaker 2: Fine, okay, what what?
Speaker 1: What's a fake ingredient?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 1: I think orgam is good for you?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Oh, I like the blueberry hint, I don't know. That's not for me? Really? Why what's wrong with it?
Speaker 2: Ninjeet and blueberry. Comp's tasty.
Speaker 1: It has a little was a flax seeds or something. Yeah, I like it. That's pretty good. Not for me.
Speaker 2: I can understand why you might like it, because it has a bunch of good stuff in it that should all work together. I like.
Speaker 1: I like the blueberry flavor in cereals. I like the little blueberries. I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it adds too much of a sweetness to it, really and yeah, and then with the pumpkin seeds, it's it's a very weird coup Halloween.
Speaker 1: See, I told you it's Halloween cereal. I have a migraine.
Speaker 2: I can't yell at you right now.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin cool? Okay where they come from?
Speaker 2: You know what? Right, for the sake of my health? Mm hmm, you're right, Scott go gets new brainberry that's for Halloween. Yeah, it's a Halloween cereal because just has the word brain in it.
Speaker 1: No, because it has pumpkin seeds and brains.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, sweet, sweet boy, sweet angel.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you four balls.
Speaker 2: I like it. I'm gonna give it two bowls.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not my favorite, that's fine, doesn't have to be Yeah. Whatever. Oh, Also that Michelle's granola company, remember the plane like brown bags, they reached out. Oh fun, They're gonna send us a holiday cereal. They're working on a holiday granola for like holiday times. Can just make a Christmas season?
Speaker 2: Can somebody just like talk to us about making a cereal like they did with the Kelsey Brothers.
Speaker 1: We've tried.
Speaker 2: We are the Kelsey Brothers of cereal. We are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All they did was like they threw Lucky Charms and Cinematoes crunch in a box.
Speaker 2: If we did our own collab with a brand, be at Uncle Crumbles, be at Michelle's, be at any of these companies, we would have two very different flavors. Mine would probably be more rice Krispy Treats flavored, Yours would be more chocolate.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's got to be a cereal company that deals with marshmallows, because my cereal will always have to have marshmallows in it.
Speaker 2: Mine does not. Okay, So I think you'd be in for a really fun thing. We'd push a lot of cereal out so then we could probably we could do a live show and give out our cereal. No, because what if a fan walking down the street sees it? So are you not a fan a random person, yeh's a sign that's a serial Killers with the sea and says, oh my god, is that a serial Killers podcast about all the serial killers in the world. I told listen, these heroes talk about Cereal.
Speaker 1: I told you more than once. If you can guarantee me that this is an auditorium full of only serial Killers fans, I'm in. I don't want to be heck old or yelled at or like, what is this crip? I don't want any of that, Okay, I want you know, our friends like Matt and Raj and all these guys that. By the way, I met Raj at the bike thing the other weekend. He's a great listener, says hello, Hi, Hi listener, Raj. Hi met him and his daughter. We did, we did the thirty mile bike.
Speaker 2: Were so many fun people at Elvis's karaoke event too.
Speaker 1: There were, yes, there were some Cereal fans there as well. They can buy tickets. Happy for them to buy tickets would and it would mostly be that then, and they would just sit there the whole time.
Speaker 2: And that's all I want exactly. So that's what would happen. So we should just do it already.
Speaker 1: I don't want the who are you? Nobody's going to do that somebody when they walk out. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Look fully, we'll do a live show next year.
Speaker 1: Folk.
Speaker 2: I'm really hoping.
Speaker 1: Why next Year'll do it this year? If you can come up with a plant I want to. I want to plan on a on a legal pad. I want you to write it down and be like, you know, open, great, what we're gonna do, and then act one the whole thing I want to. I'm gonna see it and approve it, and they'll be all right. I think we can great.
Speaker 2: Okay done. Let me add it to my list of things.
Speaker 1: You have nothing going on?
Speaker 2: Nothing going on?
Speaker 1: How's your head bad? Listen? Thank you for listening to this episode of Serial Killers. We do appreciate you. Please follow us on Instagram at serial killers PC for all the latest serial news.
Speaker 2: Cool I do post it, you know he does? You see me in the aisle as a chop I go coming soon just like that too. Yep with the hands you're applauding for people in assach asl.
Speaker 1: Cooper's gonna do it again this year. She can do assl Idol. Nice's just trying to pick a song. Oh, they have to do a song. She'ld have mister Brightside. Last year it was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister bright Side would be a good one.
Speaker 1: It was fun. All right, thank you for listening. We'll see you next week with an all new Serial Killers, maybe a bull chat between. Stay tuned for that and until then, I say, crunch Andrew.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's not funny, but you being like magical brains, it's funny.
Speaker 1: You're like my dad at the restaurant, plate empty when the waitress comes. How was it? Oh it was terrible. It was terrible.
Speaker 2: God, you definitely do that.
Speaker 1: I've never