Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Thursday, we'll talk to Hall of Fame running back Marshall Falk. Hall of Fame festivities coming up this weekend. We'll get to phone calls eight seven to seven three. DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Good morning. If you're watching on peacock, thank you, download the app and we say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country. Dylan Poll question from the first two hours as we wait for Marshall fulk and what's the final hour poll question?
Speaker 3: If you could have season tickets for your team in any sport? Are you picking MLB, NHL, NBA or NFL? Fifty percent are going with football in that one. And as of today, who are you taking to win the nl MVP show, Eh Tani or Pete Crow Armstrong fifty six percent going with.
Speaker 2: PCA stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the DP Show. And you can be on our cow the year End Calendar DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. You send in your yearbook photo, good, bad or ugly and we'll try to include as many as possible. Poll question for the final hour is going to be what Dylan.
Speaker 3: Well Todd sent me this. No, it is a true insight into his mind. And I think we owe the people that. So what product or company slogan best represents your interest level in the Hall of Fame game? Because I'm worth it? Lorel finger licking good KFC. Good things come to those who wait.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna pull the ripcord on on that one.
Speaker 4: Made it?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yeah, I know three of that. I know where I know where it's going. I know where it's going. But thank you Todd. H w NBA on NBC and Peacock Pagebeckers and the Wings taking on Olivia Miles and the Links. The w NBA line on NBC and Peacock Hall of Fame Running Back. Member of the Class of twenty eleven, Richard Dent, Chris Hanburger, Les Richter, Ed Sable, Dion, Shannon Sharp, and Marshall Fall joining us on the program. Are you playing golf right now?
Speaker 5: I am Dan, I'm at Firestone. Are you jealous?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, I love Firestone. That's tight. Fairways there Marshall. Do well, what's your handicap?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Good? Your handicap's good?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's the number.
Speaker 5: There's no numbers. I use letters.
Speaker 2: Good okay. But if you're playing, am I giving you shots?
Speaker 7: I'm giving you I'm giving you shots right now.
Speaker 5: I'm playing to about a four or five.
Speaker 2: Okay. Most famous person you played golf with?
Speaker 5: Oh man Iiger?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, how'd that go?
Speaker 5: Went well? Went well? Went well? Went well for him? Dan.
Speaker 7: It just sounds so different, man, Like when they hit the ball, It's like, I'm like, oh my god, it sounds so different.
Speaker 2: It is not if you go to a driving range or you know, the range when you go to the Masters or any you know, and just listen certain guys. I always say, Shohu Tani, the ball leaves his bat differently than anybody else. And you go by some of these guys and when they they hit the ball, you can see it's the size of a penny on their club of where they hit it over and over and over. That's what it sounds like when you hit it correctly.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, it's it's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 8: That is this.
Speaker 7: I mean to listen to him hit the ball and there's this little spot on his on his on the on his club face that's a little rusty, and he hits it every time.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on the the resurgence of the running back.
Speaker 5: I like it. I like it, man.
Speaker 7: You know if you watch here's the thing, the surprise in Seattle letting Kenned Walker go. That was a surprise. But we all know this. Everybody likes it. Throw the ball, you depend on the quarterback. He can't touch him. But once we get into playoff football, what is it about? What did they say, Oh, you got to run the ball. That's like, that's literally what everybody says.
Speaker 2: But who was the first hybrid running back where you were you were running and catching?
Speaker 7: Well, I know, I know for me it was watching Roger Craig was like it that was that was he was my guy, you know, that was like, that was like the guy that I watched that I saw do it. I remember playing when I was a Saints fan as a kid, watching the forty nine ers come in and beat the crap.
Speaker 5: Out of us. But he was the guy. Man.
Speaker 2: I always thought Ricky Waters was the first that you know, he was rushing and I think he ran for ten ten thousand yards, and he also had oh are you getting ready to hit right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, all right, I'm listening.
Speaker 5: It's all good.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know the yardage here looks like you on a part three. Yep, okay, part three. I hit the gree Oh you did I hit?
Speaker 5: Agree?
Speaker 2: Are you playing with any other Hall of famers?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, Eric Ditcherson's here as well.
Speaker 2: Tell him I settle low.
Speaker 7: I will, I will, But I mean Ricky Waters did it. But I'm talking about think about this, okay, And I felt like I didn't do him in injustice. I didn't bring enough attention to the whole thousand thousand club. We pretend like this happening all the time. There's only three guys in the history of league has ever done it, you know, and people just don't pay attention to it. But he was a fullback and he played halfback and he caught the football and rushed.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was just unbelievable what he did.
Speaker 7: But because you had Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark, people just didn't pay attention to him.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Is cheeky barbera Hall.
Speaker 7: Of Famer under one hundred percent. And here's the thing, this is why he gets in. If you look at if we let Devin hester in, if you look at him as a returner and a running back, he gets in.
Speaker 5: We let Devin hester in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'd love the resurgence here the running back. But you know, you're still seeing receivers get ten million dollars more than what these you know, these running backs are getting. And it feels like I can get receivers getting some of the Bijon and Jamier Gibbs, h Taylor got extended. CMC is still really good. Like there's only a handful of those guys. It feels like in the NFL.
Speaker 7: Then nobody, nobody will talk about why that's the case. You really didn't care about why receivers much in a sense, you know, unless you were a Randy Moss or Jerry Rice, Michael Werb and that kind of type of guy. But what literally happened was the game changed and when you protect a quarterback by you can't hit him, and then and then you can't hit the receivers, you know, defenseless receiver. They haven't made a rule for the running back. What did they said, I like this from Texast. What did they say you can't if you have the backup high, you can't hit him in the knees. Two then we would come back too, but they made all these rules that make that make it advantageous for throwing the football, and so that's what you do, you throw the football.
Speaker 2: We had Eric Dickerson on a couple of years ago and he said that he has to sleep sitting up, like all the different injuries that you know, we don't see what happens to you guys. Ten fifteen, twenty years after the fact, I bring up Earl Campbell. When I saw him in a wheelchair. It broke my heart because yeah, we we care what you give us on a Sunday, and then after that we move on to the next guy. Do you have any lingering injuries issues?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm I'm literally going through all the tests now trying to make sure you know this whole new thing of of you know, making sure your head is good with all the ct stuff that the league is doing, all the Parkinson stuff that's think to CTE.
Speaker 5: I'm going through all of that right.
Speaker 7: Now, Dan, just to just to make sure that i'm you know, that I'm that I'm okay, that that I might have a quality of life, you know.
Speaker 5: Through my fifties and sixties and hopefully seventies.
Speaker 2: You know, but you didn't take too many big hits, did you.
Speaker 7: It don't take a big hit, you know, it's not about getting it just takes a hit. It doesn't have to be a big hit.
Speaker 2: What's the one that welcome to the NFL? Hit you got?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 7: And crap to the lake to the late junior say out Because we were both in San Diego and I finally get a chance to play him, and uh and and I put a move on him, and I cut back and I looked back at him, and Kurt Govea leveled me, and I was I was down. I was looking at the sideline and I was looking at the huddle, and I'm saying to myself, the huddle is closer.
Speaker 2: So you limped back to the huddle.
Speaker 7: Oh man, I made my way back to the huddle, got my faculties together.
Speaker 5: And you know, stop talking trash.
Speaker 2: Who do you nerd out over when you see them at the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 7: Or every time Tony Dorser, every time man that thirty three, that thirty three.
Speaker 5: You know, the cowboys with the star and all of that. Man A big, big fan of Dorsets.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: How's he doing? Okay, okay, yeah, well thanks for interrupting your golf game there until.
Speaker 5: Good d any time for you? All right?
Speaker 2: Tell Eric, I said, he loow and thanks again. More all right, man, take care to Marshall Falk. People forget he played for the Colts, you know that, and be like what they played for the Rams. Yeah, he played for the Colts Before that, he played with Peyton with the Colts and still one of the smartest football players I've ever been around. He knew and I remember Peyton telling me this that Marshall knew everybody's position, what they were supposed to do on every play. He just had it down where he looked at it like a quarterback would, and was able to tell you where you're supposed to be or not supposed to be. You know, you put up these numbers though, you know, when you get to ten thousand yards rushing in five thousand yards receiving, I think the only one to have twelve thousand yards rushing in six thousand yards receiving. I think that sounds right for Marshall Falk.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin Marshall Falk to me, has like a dep Curry quality to him. As far as his college career. He's from New Orleans and he goes to San Diego State. I'm sure everybody in the SEC was thinking, how do we let this guy go all the way to San Diego State.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we need to investigate San Diego State as to how they got Marshall Faulk. And that first game was against Pacific and he had what three hundred and eighty six yards, it's like seven touchdowns. And I remember watching it and I was watching with guys at Sports Center and they're like, you got to give him the Heisman? I go, what is Pacific? But it was pretty incredible.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Pauli Dan, I remember you doing that Sports Center. I was in college. Marshall Falk on a Thursday night ran for three eighty six seven touchdowns against Pacific. He didn't start the game. The starting running back got hurt on the opening play. Fall comes in and does that you guys did Sports Center. We watched the replay of the game late night.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin Marshall Fox sophomore year, he finished second in the Heights of voting to Gino.
Speaker 2: Fretta Coretta yeah, Miami quarterback. That's when you were taking the best player on the best team, and you know Gino Toretta ended up winning the Heisman.
Speaker 10: Yes, Mark, Yes, Indigo State finished that season five five and one.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, Zach and Knoxville. Hi, Zach, what do you have for me today? ADP? Thanks for taking my call. I was gonna do a little East coast West coast beef with.
Speaker 12: Everybody hating on Todd on the West coast, But after that whole question and those horse racing names, I had to have to rescind that beef. But I want to ask you about Stefan Diggs and do you think that you already have Terry McLaurin, who's a veteran wide receiver, and do you think that it's worth bringing him in with all that baggage that comes along with it.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to look at what's the downside, and it's one year. I mean I would view the NFL as year by year, what are you doing? Maybe you capture magic, just like the Patriots did. Because I didn't think that they were going to be a Super Bowl contender. Then all of a sudden everything kind of goes right. Drake May steps up schedules kind of conducive to make a run there. I didn't think they were a great team, but they made it to the super Bowl. And that's why I think, you know, if you have somebody you can bring in, bring him in for one year. I saw this and this here we are trying to celebrate the running back. This player is the first non quarterback listed on the MVP odds this year at plus ten thousand. There are twenty five players in front of this player and they're all quarterbacks. Vjon Robinson stat of the Day, stat of the day, the day of the day. Here comes that what What of the Day? Brought to you by a Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Jeremy in Ohio, Hi Jeremy, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 14: Dan?
Speaker 15: Thanks for taking the call. First of all, I was watching Grown Ups with my daughters last night and your scene came up and they were laughing, and so we came up about Grown Ups three and I said, Oh, he's going to be in that, but he only has one line. And it got me to think, and I think you should really push your relationship with Nate Bargatsy. I know he's a huge supporter of the show, and before he gets too big on the big screen, you know, giv him some ideas. You could do a Twins remake, maybe a step Brother's remake, you know, come up with something for you two together.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Jeremy. But I'm not famous enough to be on the level with Nate. That's why I'm a role player in all these Sandler movies. And I'm fine with that. Just a couple of lines here, maybe a scene. Sandler goes out of his way to put me in these movies, and I appreciate that. We'll take a break. More phone calls coming up eight seven to seven three DP show back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Hey, It's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 14: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 5: All you gotta do.
Speaker 14: Search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again. YouTube, Just search odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: To put it in context of how difficult it is for a non quarterback to win the MVP these days. John Robinson has the same odds plus ten thousand as Bryce Young, Malik Willis, Tyler Schuck, and Aaron Rodgers whoa now stall of a day, start of a day, Statuta day, start out a day.
Speaker 5: This is the Stele of the.
Speaker 2: Day brought you buy Panini America. That's why they have the Offensive Player of the Year, just so you can give it to a running back normally maybe a wide receiver. Quarterbacks they get the MVPs. The other offensive players may be the offensive Player of the year. A couple of phone calls here eight seven to seven to three DP show John in Vegas. Hi John, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan, longtime, first time six foot one eight. Well, I'm actually was listening to an interview with Marshall Fock and I caddied for him out here in Vegas, and I just wanted to share that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, John. I was wondering if somebody was going to call in and say they caddied for Marshall fall in Vegas and it turned out to be John in Vegas. We found him. We found that guy. Uh, let's see Mark in South Carolina. Hi, Mark, what do you have for me?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 15: Good morning, Dan.
Speaker 16: Thank you so much for taking the call. And this is going to be a perfect phone call following that last one call. The audience is so important to the show and to the show that the whole is such an important part of the show and we don't want a phone call like the last one to be the last phone call next year. And now that you can mention when your retirement is, I'm wondering if we couldn't have a poll question for who gets to be the last caller of the Dan Patrick Show. And if that's not an option, maybe you have a favorite charity, if people could donate to the to get to be the last caller. But so, and then finally, the horse's name is sitting right in front of you.
Speaker 2: Dan, it's jokey, joking, jokey joking. That's my wife. I said, where what is this? If I wear something that matches, She'll go, your little too matchie matching, I'll go, what is this? Matchie matching. Now it's jokey joky. Where's the Where are these expressions coming from? Heah, Chris and Florida? Hi Chris, what do you have for me?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: He's going uh Ben in South Carolina? Hi, Ben, what do you have for me? Good morning Dan?
Speaker 15: Things were taking my call.
Speaker 12: Todd's horse names were almost as hard to listen to as a version of kiss on my list, So I thought I call him to help him out.
Speaker 2: How about this for your horse's name?
Speaker 8: Left lane scamper.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Todd has a problem in the left lane. He doesn't allow people to pass.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't be forced up to go ninety in the left lane.
Speaker 2: Oh here going around? Now it's now, it's ninety eight. Now it's ninety Okay. It keeps getting higher and higher. It does exaggerate sometimes, yes you do. By the way, my favorite call of a horse race sounded like this.
Speaker 17: My wife knows everything broke well. Lady Mutata is up and on the pace. Ro host Tune is out. Third, the wife doesn't know. Fourth to the outside, and Alini's hope is fifth. As they move for the first turn on the far outside, little miss mancho is going up. After that, tardy start all the way up to battle with the leaders on the lucky side. Is next a ground saving trip for morning Side Heights. Late for class in miss Tallahassee or in the back of the field. As Lady Mutata leads the way to the back stretch. On the far outside, the wife doesn't know. Is moving up and it's now fourth and right alongside of My wife knows everything. My wife knows everything, and the wife doesn't know. Are moving together on the fire turn and they're coming after Lady Mutata. Coming to the quarterpole, Lady Mutata in front, here come. My wife knows everything, and the wife doesn't know. On the far outside us Macho's fourth. They're into the stretch, Lady Motata. My wife knows everything. Center the track, the wife doesn't know. Into the final furlong, my wife knows everything. The wife doesn't know. They're one two, of course they are. My wife knows everything. In front to the outside, the wife doesn't know. My wife knows everything. The wife doesn't know. My wife knows everything more than the wife doesn't know.
Speaker 15: Boom.
Speaker 17: This Tallahassee was third and Morningside Heights was fourth.
Speaker 2: Oh Larry Calmus with the call legendary announcer.
Speaker 13: I love that.
Speaker 2: You couldn't script that when you're going, Okay, look at the names now, they're going to be neck and neck down the stretch.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: Uh Dennis in Canada, Hi Dennis, what do you have for me?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan?
Speaker 18: Thanks taking my call?
Speaker 15: Uh six foot two twenty. I got a great name for the horse.
Speaker 8: Maybe first he can use this while he's working as well.
Speaker 2: Less is more, less is more, but I would probably spell it ellie s like on one s on there less the person as opposed to less is more. I still like, thank you Todd. If I if I'm part owner of a racing horse, then I'm going to have that. Maybe I'll suggest that, Thank you Todd, Thank you Todd. Let's see Chase in Oregon. Hi Chase, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan?
Speaker 19: About fourth time longtime listener five eight and a fluctuating one seventy three. I'll just calling because I want to give Dylan some flowers. He's been getting a lot of flats and a lot of listeners and callers, but I think he's doing a great job. He got called up from the bullpen in the final closing years of the Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 20: He's doing a great job.
Speaker 2: He contributes to every topic.
Speaker 19: He's got hot takes for sports and pop culture, grateful Dead, Let's go. He brought a new gambling content to the show, which I think has been really great. And he's a head chef and I think people need to stay in their land and give them more credit.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Oh okay, all right, Chase in Oregon? Have you been getting grief on social media? I, you know, I try and tune that stuff out, Dan, but it's like anything, it's a mixed bag.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 20: But that was very nice from Chase.
Speaker 2: But why are they critical of you?
Speaker 20: I mean, I you know, I get it.
Speaker 3: Why I don't know, Well, people online are all like, you know, let you know, guys know this, it's ninety you know, largely positive and then the.
Speaker 20: Stuff that sticks out is the negativity. But also it's like those are just people who are commenting on stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but once again, what are they critical of?
Speaker 20: Probably my appearance, my oh okay, opinions, which are.
Speaker 2: But they're your opinions. We're allowed to have your opinions. I give you an opportunity to have an opinion.
Speaker 3: I think we all like like I appreciate when someone has an opinion about something.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, sound a little down and dumps there. No, I think it's the back row.
Speaker 20: It I've gotten enough. Todd's like typhoid Mary back here. It's just infectious.
Speaker 2: We have the Gambling Podcast, new episode up at Danpatrick dot com. It's big day, Ray Research Ray. We also have Dylan is on there. Shane Irving Shaye was in Europe with his family over the summer for a couple of weeks. He got home ahead of his family and he was told to do one thing. He was told to register his four year old daughter for kindergarten. Great school's getting ready right around the corner. I suppose.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to get Fifee registered for kindergarten. Yeah, and I failed at that. I had like ten days to do it, and the roommate told me this is exactly where all of her documents are needed for the kindergarten registration. I said, okay, you've got it. So like two nights before they came back, I started working on it. And it's a quagmire. Danny. It's like a buzzle. It's impossible, Like you got I don't know if Matt Damon from Goodwill Hunting could figure it out.
Speaker 20: What about Matt Damon from Team America.
Speaker 5: No chance.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I don't know where Fifi's going to kindergarten or if she is so home school. Yeah, roommate would want Yeah, she'd have a different outlook on life than her peers. I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: So it's shy and irving. Father of the Year was given one job to register your daughter for kindergarten, and he screwed it up.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin, Now Shay's young is gonna she's go to be a literary because he decided up for kindergarten. Come on, well, I don't know if it would be that drastic. Now in my story, I'm calling child services.
Speaker 2: He has Dylan.
Speaker 3: This might be dumb of me, but I didn't know that you had to if you're going to your local public kindergarten. I didn't know that you had to specifically register. I thought you just kind of I don't think you just show up. No, No, I don't think so. I guess I never thought about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's class size limitations that you have to factor in. But likech again, wait, when you get married and have kids, then maybe you'll be able to have, you know, a better voice on this sentient thought.
Speaker 11: Yes, Paul, So I'm looking at a website about public schools general questions. You have to register your child for public school for lots of different insurance reasons and so forth, and numbers. But if you don't register them, they come after you after the fact for not registering. Oh, because they have to.
Speaker 18: Go to school.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Patrick in Chicago, Hi, Patrick would have for me?
Speaker 13: Hey what up?
Speaker 5: DP? Okay?
Speaker 2: Hey, so how old is your wife?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 9: There's no way she's walking the sixth.
Speaker 13: Month Appalachian Trail, all right, unless you got Belichick, so dril friend.
Speaker 2: No, my wife is in her sixties, all right, solid.
Speaker 15: And then also you're talking that guy in Vegas yesterday and you said.
Speaker 2: You know about ten you know, Profision big time both he's in the country.
Speaker 3: You got any numbers you can give me?
Speaker 2: No, because I don't gamble, But I was told by somebody who does research on this and kind of lives in this world, there were ten major bookies in America. By the way, my wife is walking a portion of the Appalachian Trail as we speak. She left this morning, And I said, you got to give me coordinates here, You've got to let me know and how many miles? I think she wants to walk at least ten miles today on the Appalachian Trail. So she gave your coordinates where she was going to be. And I said, you can't have anything happen to you before the wedding. You can't. But she's out, she got up early, she's ready to go. Yes, Tom, how do you narrow down what to put.
Speaker 21: In the backpacks? What's not impossibly heavy? It's hard enough to do it even if you weren't carrying a single thing. I'm fascinated by, Like what do you have to have? It's as like a drink in a protein bar and things like that.
Speaker 10: Yes, Marvin, you said for your wife not to get hurt before the wedding, how about after, Well if it happens after, then we have to apologize to fewer people. So she's got to be ready to walk.
Speaker 2: Down the aisle. And that aisle is it's a long, long walk. Yeah, a long walk. I overexaggerated said it was a quarter of a mile. It just feels like that. And because I even joked, I said, I could start crying, stop crying, start crying again, and we won't get to the altar. But yeah, she's out on the Appalachian Trail. Sailo to her if you see her. Josh and Indy, Hi, josh.
Speaker 5: One and Dan.
Speaker 6: I was thinking that you should go with maybe sp or Mothership or the Mothership as.
Speaker 2: Your horse names. Yeah, mothership would be good, although I remember people at ESPN were not happy when I came up with the Mothership. Now they call themselves the Mothership. It's like, it's okay. You know, Why are you so negative towards ESPN? I go, I'm not.
Speaker 10: You guys are so sensitive. That's part of the problem. Yes, is that like you called it, Hell called it the mothership.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's okay, but he's so sensitive. Why do you call us the other ship? Because you guys are you're the mothership of sports. It's a compliment. Uh, Chuck in Atlanta, Hi Chuck, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 8: For first time? Long time?
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 8: I've been holding this for a while because I didn't think you want to you guys want to rehash this. But since you mentioned it today, I got a ticket because of Fritzy. Okay, driving in the left lane going to speed limit. Look behind me and there's a cop with the light on, pulls me over and says, you know why I pulled Joe. I says no. He says, because you cannot drive in the left lane unless you're passing someone. And he says it's a law in thirty five states. And I says, well, Fritzie on the damn PATA show time does a long time. He says to me, who the hell is Fritzy? Two hundred and fifty dollars later, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know that they can ticket you. Thank you, Chuck. See what you started time? You should probably pay a.
Speaker 21: P I knew you were going to say that like that was I have to half. You don't understand why that's a law. But I don't spend a lot of time in the left lane. My point has always been, whatever time I'm in the left lane, don't get on my ass for lack of a better word, and try to force is that I can't say the word my tush and I try to force me to go I'm already going like seventy five.
Speaker 5: Eighty miles an hour. I mean, your way to go.
Speaker 2: Around it's too dangerous. I know we got to do you have the law of their pol.
Speaker 11: Of course I do, Dan, And specifically in the Todd's state that he drives in, you cannot cruise or camp in the passing lane. You have to be actively passing a car or a series of cars where you could be pulled over. And the fine is eighty eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I think he said there were like twenty five or thirty states that that's Chris I have.
Speaker 11: I have thirty four states, like the gentleman said.
Speaker 2: Thirty four.
Speaker 20: Yes, Dyl, Yeah, I'm I'm more or less kind of on Todd's side with this.
Speaker 3: I think if you're going the speed limit in the left lane, which is really the speed minimum, it's just called the limit, but then you should move over if you're going eighty five ninety in the left lane and some guy I think we went over the list of cars that it usually is that comes right up on your ass, Todd, and it's like flickering their lights and honking and stuff like that. I'd be like, no, I'm not moving, you can go around. Yeah, but it's the law.
Speaker 20: Well then I'm an outlaw, I guess.
Speaker 2: So once again, back row team Todd. You sure you want to die on that hill?
Speaker 20: Not at all, but I guess I am all right.
Speaker 2: We'll come back. The Kansas City Chiefs are going back to their old school name Arrowhead Stadium. They had one of those sponsorships whatever it is, and then was it an insurance company or something, but they've taken it now the companies decided they're not going to have it be the name at Arrowhead Stadium. We'll talk about that. I'll try to explain a little better than what I did. Dylan will have bets for the Hall of Fame game and last call for phone calls after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls.
Speaker 2: What we learn once in store tomorrow. Hall of Fame Game tonight on NBC and Peacock Panthers one and a half point favorites and the over under it was thirty six and a half now thirty five and a half. NFL Comeback Player of the Year odds, Patrick Mahomes, Your Leader, Ben Jayden Daniels, Kyler Murray Aaron Donald is in there. Lifted by Draft King, Listed by DraftKings Malik neighbors Daniel Jones and Micah Parsons, Daniel and Appalasia. Hi Daniel, how are you? Herry bud Hey?
Speaker 13: First time, longtime VPIX foot soft.
Speaker 16: Soft.
Speaker 13: So I have a controversial opinion here. I live in the Southern Appalachians, and I've noticed that everyone there seems to be pronouncing it Appalachian Mountains, which is definitely not the way that everybody in the Southern Appalachians pronounces it. And I would, I would lobby that Appalachia is the proper way to pronounce it. So I'm just curious that everybody in the studio there in the Appalachian Camp or the Appalachian Camp.
Speaker 2: Well, I have been corrected before on this, and I make the mistake and Appalachian Trail. Even my wife corrects me. She said, if you're going to say that on the show, you should get it correct And I go, okay, all right, why don't you go take a hike? I mean, I can say that, and I mean that in a positive way. Han, why don't you go take a hike. But thank you, Daniel Appa Latchin Latch latchin trail. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's the first time he's ever called the show and it was just for that. So Daniel, thank you. I know it's important to that area and sorry for that. Final results of the poll question And PAULI do you have the Arrowhead Stadium story?
Speaker 11: That is?
Speaker 2: I guess it turned out to be interesting or at least you're selling me on it's an interesting story.
Speaker 11: It's a curious twist. They called GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium GIA Field. That's what I've been calling it the past few years. GEHA has sponsored the field since twenty twenty one. Now the Government Employees Health Association agree to put their name aside and just call it Arrowhead Field Arrowhead Stadium, And they're still a sponsor, but they're removing the name to be more friendly to the fans.
Speaker 2: Well, who calls it the GIHA Arrowhead Stadium to begin with?
Speaker 11: I guess you kind of. It was recommended to refer to it that way by broadcasters and newspaper people.
Speaker 2: It's just arrow Hits Stadium. Like if I go to Mile High, I'm going to Mile High Stadium. We get caught up in and I remember when I did Football Night in America, then they'd be like, Oh, you got to make sure you're throwing the sponsor. I go, no, I don't. Or when I was doing Sports Center and they'd go, you know, it's the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. I go, that's the Fiesta Bowl. To me, I don't care. If they spent money, good for them, they're not giving us money.
Speaker 3: Yes, doing Does that mean that they've removed the giha from the facade of the building, because if you're doing that, then you're just calling it Arrowhead. What's the point of paying for naming rights?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know, but I don't know. Were they getting feedback that wasn't positive and they decided, you know what, let's go back to our old days, our roots with Arrowhead Stadium. So they had a big announcement about that no longer have its name on Kansas City's home field. Okay, let me see Tim and Nebraska. Hi, Tim, what do you have for me?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 6: Good morning. I got a suggestion for your wedding speech.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you.
Speaker 6: Wanted to bring levity to it without being to jokey jokey, and I think it would be a good idea if you a couple of minutes into your speech, if you take like a two or three second pause and then do like a spot for Rectech grills or Liberty Mutual insurance or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, that wouldn't go over well at all, Tim. I mean I appreciate you offering that up, but if I said, uh, this wedding speech is brought to you by Rectech R E C T e Q dot com and then go back to my speech, now, I don't think it would go well. That's got that's got jokey, jokey written all over it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dylan, are you still planning on having your son up there as sort of the like speech enforcer.
Speaker 20: I guess he can yanke you at any time.
Speaker 2: No, he's my liaison, He's he's gonna be my interpreter if I can't get through it. But yeah, so I'm gonna bring my son up there. He'll just be there. He's kind of my my comfort blanket.
Speaker 10: Yes, marm Now you're gonna have him up there because he's not emotional?
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, Yeah, and he might be forced to say something nice about his sister as well. Uh, Dylan, you got bets for tonight's Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 3: I do, Dan, I've got a few that I am already taking, which for starters, Cardinals money line. People might not know this, Dand but in the preseason the Panthers under Canalis are o and six against the spread.
Speaker 2: That's not good. It's not okay.
Speaker 3: No, and the under I took under thirty five and a half yesterday, it's now moved to thirty four and a half.
Speaker 20: Opened at thirty six and a half. There is some crazy movement.
Speaker 3: There's something going on that there's something going on there and this one guaranteed. This is a lock, Dan, don't I'm saying that tongue. Wait till you hear the bet, you'll know that it's not Kenny Pickett to rush for a touchdown on the Panthers Panthers opening offensive drive plus four thousand free money.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right. You made this bet on the gambling podcast. And then I think researcher Ray gave me some information on Kenny Pickett that he's never scored a touchdown before. But I think we had to send out a tweet to apologize.
Speaker 3: Yet, Yeah, there was an amendment to that. Ray was looking at playoff history. He had never hushed for a touchdown in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't consider playoffs and Kenny Pickett. There'd be a lot of numbers, a large sample size there. Yeah, that was the issue. I think he's had like five Yes, I was told that after the fact. So I'm rooting for Kenny Pickett tonight, all right? Yes? How about this day in sports history, Paul, I.
Speaker 11: Just got one for you, Dan here, because I know you love cricket. The first Australian rules football game to be played at night took place in eighteen seventy nine at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The game was to promote the induction introduction of electricity into the city of Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 2: On this date, in nineteen fifty two, Satchel Page became the oldest pitcher to win a complete game shutout. He's forty six years of age. And nineteen sixty three, Philadelphia's NBA franchise changes its name from the Nationals to the seventy six serves stat of the Day on this award nominated program brought to you by Panini America, make sure you get in your photos. The twenty twenty seven DP Show Calendar. High School yearbook photos and you have inundated us with some great ones. Can send him to DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. Uh Spike in Wisconsin, Hey Spike, Hey Dan.
Speaker 18: You're the best in the business. I got a name for the for the horse. You know we do have president. Okay, Mitch Loven did win the sausage race at the Brewer Game as a big underdog and then also the turrent Dan, would you like to see get the Randall Simon treatment if they were going to run in the sausage.
Speaker 2: Ris Oh, Randall Simon, didn't he take out a bat and hit one of the sausage guys at a race in Milwaukee? Does that sound right? Remember that that was a big deal. I think people wanted to file assault charges against Randall Simon. Todd, would you learn today?
Speaker 21: Hey Dan christin Syracuse, Please the Dodgers grab Hark Scooble, not just to add an extra big piece, but it's a necessity to three peat Dylan.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Todd wins the Kentucky Derby. Marvin John of Vegas caddy for Marshall Fulk.
Speaker 11: Paul Joe Thomas had his Hall of Fame blazer.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us. Rich Isizen will join us on the program tomorrow from the Hall of Fame. I have a great day, everybody,