Speaker 1: It is time for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting and more.
Speaker 2: Please, please, baby, please.
Speaker 1: Submit your Strawberry letter to STEVEARVFM dot com by clicking submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now. And you never know, this one could be yours.
Speaker 3: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you here it is strawberry.
Speaker 1: Let up, all right, nephew, thank you. Subject I need to move out of their house. Dear Stephen Shirley, my husband's first wife died eight years ago, and I met him two years ago. He's a sweetheart of a man, and he is a loving father to his two daughters, ages seventeen and fourteen. When he introduced me to the girls, I fell in love because they were polite and well mannered. They told me that they were happy that their father was dating me, and that I must be special because he has never introduced them to a woman. That was in the beginning. In less than three months, they had stopped speaking to me whenever I went to their house. If I cooked for their father. They wouldn't eat. We announced that we were getting married, and I asked the girls if they would be bride to mate. Their maternal grandmother called me and said it was too much, too soon for the grand for her granddaughters, and I need to wait a while to get married. I told her, with all due respect, that we're getting married because their dad deserves happiness. Again, the daughters came to the wedding, but chose not to wear pink like everyone else. I moved in with my husband and it's been very tense. The girls don't try to hide their feelings and openly say negative things and compare me to their mother. I would love for my husband to correct them or come to my defense, but he won't say anything. I understand how he's in the middle. So I suggested we move to a new home. He said we can't move because of the girl's school. He caters to them. I feel like he's chosen them over our happiness. I need to move out of their house. What do I do? Yeah, this is a mess right here, This is really a mess. So now, your husband did all the right things, all the right things to get you. Now that he has you, he stopped trying. He's wrong, period. I agree with you one hundred percent that he should come to your defense and say something to these little girls, to the and especially to the grandmother. And when you met the girls, you said you fell in love with them. They were very sweet, they were very polite, they were well mannered. So what happened, I'll tell you what happened. What made them stop speaking to you. It's that wicked grandmother of theirs. She's gotten into their heads. She's poisoned them against you, because now when you come over, they don't even speak to you. She the grandmother, even called you said it was too soon for you guys to get married. Out of her business. She overstepped. She shoulders a lot of blame for this. But your husband, where is he in all of this? Where is the man in this relationship? Why hasn't he told his daughters he shouldn't even be in the middle of this. Hey, this is my wife and this is how it is. Now you're thinking about moving out of their house, No, this is your house too, And before you make any kind of move, you need to have a conversation with him and let him know exactly how you feel. If not then you know, I don't think this marriage is gonna work, Tommy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, sir. I think something happened in that three months. I think after moving in, something happened. Something ain't go right. Because these girls liked you at first, So something took a spience somewhere where all of a sudden, it takes a lot for somebody to just take a whole three sixty nine.
Speaker 4: They don't. They don't like you no more.
Speaker 3: Something happened now now, Mama, Mama, Pearl, miss Pearl don't like you.
Speaker 4: Let's just get that straight. She don't like you at all. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Pearl is his mama or his wife's mother. I don't know which one it is, but it don't matter, but my pearl don't like it. It's probably it's probably the wife's mother's mom. I'm gonna assume that's that's the wife's mother.
Speaker 4: But I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: Can I is it wrong for me to feel like maybe y'all got married a little too quick? But I mean, even though she's been deceased for eight years, she's been she passed away.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so she met him two years ago.
Speaker 4: This woman, I just I just don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Something is wrong, Something is wrong with these ladies. If they they just totally against you now, because all of a sudden they was happy for their daddy.
Speaker 4: Everything was going peach and three.
Speaker 3: But then all of a sudden, now you know, they don't care no about to wear and they probably oh black, they showed him where to pink. Everybody else is playing. So they just basically rebelled right in front of you.
Speaker 4: So I don't.
Speaker 3: Telling you, grandmother, but you can't fix it, though, Shirley. You can't fix a man with his two daughters.
Speaker 4: He ain't.
Speaker 3: He's not finna leave them. He's not finna not side with those girls. He's been with them girls forever.
Speaker 4: He's not. It's not gonna work. This is not gonna work. You need to get out of this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You know you wasted a couple of years. That's like, but you know, talk it up, get on, I find you somebody else. I think you should lead this relationship. And I don't normally say that.
Speaker 2: M who's going to have to if it doesn't get any better. It's not gonna get.
Speaker 1: The grandmother interfering because they were flying at first and.
Speaker 4: Old ladies do.
Speaker 3: Sometime they just hey, I don't know, but but you're not finna get an older little woman to stay out of especial they help mama and them her grand babies all the odds or against you own. You don't ain't nobody in your favor at all.
Speaker 2: So it's especially her husband who should be.
Speaker 4: He ain't the man.
Speaker 3: He ain't the man he's supposed to be the man you thought he was. So check out. I got no jokes for you. Just check out. It's sometimes it's sometimes it's all right to just leave it is. It didn't it didn't work out. You ain't got no kids with him. Get your bag and get on out of there and get your own the house. All her stuff still in the hut.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll have part two of our responses to today's Strawberry letter, I need to move out of their house.
Speaker 2: Coming up.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from Junior right after this. You're listening Steve Hardy Morning Show. Globe Life Insurance can help you protect the people who matter most with coverage of up to one hundred thousand dollars, whether you want to cover final expenses, payoff debt, or simply leave something behind for your loved ones. Globe Life makes it simple. Call Globe Life Today at one eight hundred two five one fifty four hundred, or visit globelifradio dot com to get a free quote. That's one eight hundred, one fifty four hundred or globelifradio dot com. All right, we're going to recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is I need to move out of their house. A woman wrote in who's married to a guy whose wife died eight years ago. She met the man two years ago. She said, he's a sweetheart of a man. He's a loving father. He has two daughters who are seventeen and fourteen. He introduced her to the girls. She fell in love with the girls because they were so polite and well mannered, and she They told her that they were happy that she got with their father. He's never introduced a woman to them, and that she must be special. So fast forward to three. That was in the beginning. Then three months later they stopped speaking to her whenever she goes over there. If she cooked for their father, they wouldn't eat the meals. So they announced they were getting married, and she wanted the girls. The two girls, seventeen and fourteen year old girls to be her bridesmaids. Well, the grandmother stepped in. Okay, the grandmother stepped in. She called the woman. The fiance said it was too soon for the granddaughters and she should wait awhile until they got married. Well, the woman said, with all due respect, you know, the dad, her fiance deserves to be happy too. And after that, all heck broke loose. The daughter stopped speaking to her. They didn't want to be in the wedding. Everybody was supposed to wear pink. They didn't wear pink. I mean, it was just a big mess.
Speaker 2: And the father.
Speaker 1: They didn't wear pink. And the father, I think you were right earlier when you said black. They probably wore black or something red or something like that. But anyway, the father has not come to his wife's defense at all. The girls don't speak to the woman. She's rude. They're rude, all of that. The grand I think it's the grandmother. But anyway, Junior, what do you say, because she wants to know what to do. She thinks she should just leave.
Speaker 5: No you think, no, no, no, no, no, no, I have to say this and this is you know, I wouldn't leave. But let's be honest. Though people get remarried all the time with children, they're not the first. People get remarried with children all the time, they are not the first. Now, I'm gonna tell you what I think the problem is is when the father broke it down to the girls that daddy's about to get remarried and that could hurt them because their mother.
Speaker 6: Has passed on.
Speaker 5: But the father said, hey, it's been eight years, I've been dating this woman for two years, and I'm just gonna let y'all meet her. And then the last three months they get upset. Okay, her the maternal grandmother's that means the deceased mother.
Speaker 6: Her mother called and told him and said, hey.
Speaker 5: You're not going to take my girls through this because you're defending your daughter.
Speaker 6: You're defending your daughter's on that. I get that.
Speaker 5: For eight years, who's been dead for eight years. I get that. That's fine. You may you may be, you may be grieving still. But this man does have a right to happeness. He does have a right to this woman. The woman did everything right.
Speaker 6: She did invite them to be bride's maids. She did everything she could possibly do.
Speaker 5: She did say, with all due respect, this man deserves to be happy and he should get married.
Speaker 6: That's what we plan to do.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: What happened to the days when kids didn't have rights in houses. What happened to the day is when parents say, listen, you may not like this, but this is what happened.
Speaker 5: I give it perfect example when my mother got remarried. When my mother got remarried, I didn't know if I really like this guy.
Speaker 6: You know, my mama told me that's not your decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as I like him, I love him.
Speaker 5: And I'm getting married, and you son are going to be there to give me away. Now Here, I am out in the fifth ward giving her way up under the country with a train going by.
Speaker 2: See, that's what I had to do.
Speaker 7: What's that I'm fifth ward giving her way up under the country where the train going about. We are gathering here today, we just standing here by side.
Speaker 6: I had to do this. I had no say so. I didn't want her to marry that man. Stay where the kids would feel that way.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, the parents said, this is what I'm going to do. And then yes, this is gonna be your new step mother. Now we can work on the relationship, but right now we're building the love. This is what we chose to do. This is where she's gonna be. Now, I know I'm gonna miss my ex wife to no, no, not ex wife, my wood.
Speaker 6: What do you call these people?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: We don't widow? Yeah he's a widow. I'm gonna miss my wife too. But now I got another chance. And why y'all want to take this from me? Now?
Speaker 6: I know it's women, and yeah, Timmy, you're right, it is his daughters. It's kind of hard with fathers and daughters.
Speaker 5: You go out another woman that ain't your mama, that's that's gonna be hard.
Speaker 6: But he chose love, and I think he has a right to that. He has a right And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I don't think you should go nowhere. You should build with that man. However y'all feel. Now, if y'all decide to move into another house to make the kids feel fun, y'all have that when we're gonna move over here, but we're gonna be together where we go, that's all.
Speaker 2: They can just have the house though at seventeen and fourtunes.
Speaker 6: Well, hey, you don't like my wife.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. The grandmother is too involved in this situation.
Speaker 1: I believe she's the one that got into these girls heads and poison them because they were so sweet and and kind at first.
Speaker 2: I just believe that, you know, because.
Speaker 6: You said, I don't worry by the baby. I'm gonna take care of these women. I'll talk to them, and you gotta let her have that.
Speaker 5: Yeah that is yeah, your mother in law. Hey, hey, she'll take care of that. Y'all still love each other. Go ahead, I wouldn't worry about you said, matter of fact, when your mam and dad y'all was young, y'all was six and nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, y'all alutly they don't even remember. Yeah, a whole lot.
Speaker 6: It's some things that happened you don't even know nothing about.
Speaker 4: I don't think she can cook though, because they ain't eating none of that. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Because they're mean.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.