Speaker 1: The Nicky Gleiser PODCASTO.
Speaker 2: Nik Glaser pos Here's Nikki.
Speaker 3: Hello, welcome to the show. It's Helaser Podcast. I'm Nikki. Such exciting news over here.
Speaker 4: I just think that I got an inn on Taylor Swift tickets for an upcoming show from a friend of mine that I randomly like, just this just shows you how things can call all come into place. I texted a friend who lives out in LA I don't want to like say any names because I just don't want to jinx this, but I texted her because I really can't wait for the Barbie movie. I'm like so excited about the Barbie movie. I honestly don't think it can it will be. It'll live up to my expectations. I think it's gonna be the funniest movie of the year, maybe of the century, and I just can't wait. Even though I did think that that little clip that they had where her shoe was her foot slid in the shoe and her foot stayed the same, everyone was like losing their mind about that, but I was like, it's not that big of a deal. If that's it's I do still think it's going to be amazing because Gretegerwig is writing and directing it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 4: And that did you guys see the Ken song that he released and that they released of him singing about like I'm only Ken, and it just like it seems like it's going to be the story of Ken feeling like he's nothing without his connection to Barbie and him setting out to be his own person. And Ryan Gosling's just so funny as this Ken doll that's taking himself so seriously. And anyway, so I wrote her to being like do you want to go see Barbie opening weekend? And she was like, I don't get back to the twenty fourth, but as soon as and it opens twenty first, so I'm like, okay, I'll wait. And then she was like, but I do want to go to Taylor Swift with you because we had talked about this before and it's early here, like for me to detect no, that's eleven, And she was like, no, but I do want to go see Taylor Swifts And I was like, I do too. I spent X amount of dollars already on her and she goes, I'm willing to spend a lot of money I'm like, I am too. Let's do a podcast about it afterwards to justify it and maybe we'll make some money better that way. And I was like, I go, I'll look into tickets later. And I was like, I'm going to try to get a hook up, but probably not because it's La. And then she was like, you just gave me the courage, or like, you just gave me the What did she say, I have? Uh? I just took a crazy, embarrassing risk OMG and texted blank blank about a hookup and she said yes, And she said I have texted with her once before and was so scared to ask, but once you said you were in it, it gave me the strength.
Speaker 3: To do it for us. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: And the person she texted Annie Swifty's listening, know this person and it's someone who's very close to Taylor. So it's just so nice And if any I think it would be really fun, I will. I will agree to meet Taylor if this person gets his tickets, because this person's going to see Taylor that night, I would think. Anyway, I'm very excited. Was very good news starting the show. I was going to try to do a podcast without mentioning Taylor. But here's the thing about Taylor Swift. She I don't even bring her up, and she comes up all the time. People think that I'm constantly bringing her up, and I did today and I do often. But you know, over did I tell the story about the barbecue that I went to?
Speaker 3: And now over the July fourth.
Speaker 4: Kind of weekend that I was with Lee's like mixed company that I was just meeting these people for the first time.
Speaker 1: By racial and what bi racial, so mixed.
Speaker 4: It was like friends of friends of friends, and they were all these people that were and we were walking in late Chris and I to this barbecue, and I felt really awkward because when you walk into a party, you expect people to be like hi, like oh my god, these people are here, and they kind of knew we were coming, but no, no one got up, and they were kind of just it was as if we came out of the bathroom and or we went inside to get something and we've been there the whole time. Like I felt like a bizarro world of like wait, but it doesn't matter, Like it was just the vibe, you know, And so I was feeling awkward, and I was like, oh, my god, did I say something like I just already was feeling tense and like they maybe didn't want us there, which wasn't the case, but and I was just we had just driven two hours from the airport and we were getting there and the barbecue happen probably at seven thirteen, it was like nine fifteen and so, and I was like looking like scrounging around their leftovers for food. I just felt like like I was not wanting wanted to be there. But then I was like, oh, I'll sit down and like have it chat. And then it was it was fine. And then at one point they Taylor Swift came up. I did not bring her up. I was not wearing a Taylor Swift shirt. I was wearing a Kendall Roy shirt. I there was nothing that I don't even know how she came up. But Taylor Swift comes up all the time, and bet you'll listeners will know, just start paying attention.
Speaker 3: She comes up.
Speaker 4: People talk about her all the time because she's the biggest star in the world. Even Ringo Star said it recently, who was of the Beatles? And I sent my dad that article that said Ringo Star said Taylor Swift's the number one most famous person ever of all time. And I was like so excited to send that to him because he's, you know, very my dad is.
Speaker 3: The biggest Beatles.
Speaker 4: He's like Taylor Swift, like I am with Taylor Swift, but for the Beatles and he and I was like, see, even your guy thinks she's more fun.
Speaker 3: He doesn't think she's a big deal, or does he.
Speaker 4: He's just like some days she'll be it'll be cool to see her at small venues someday, and I go, this girl is never ever going to do anything less than stadiums the rest of her life. And if she does, it's for like a prome. It's like gonna be a special night that is like sponsored by serious XM, like the Dave Matthews thing. I saw him at Irving Plaza for like a couple hundred people, but that was like a one time. She's not gonna do a tour of you know, gastro pubs through the Midwest, Like it's never gonna happen.
Speaker 5: She's never ever ever getting back to gastro.
Speaker 4: Pubs, yes, ever, like ever, And so I yeah, So we're sitting at this I'm like picking at this salad that I made from their leftovers, and they're talking about Taylor Swift and I'm just trying to.
Speaker 3: I want them to like me.
Speaker 4: I also am aware that people tend to think that I don't know, I just maybe they don't think anything. But I'm just trying not to. I try not to make anything about me or like I don't want they all know I'm a comedian probably, and I don't want to come in and be like I don't know. I'm just trying to play it cool and like low key. And they're all like people that are I feel like a little bit older than me, So I'm a little like impressed with their lives. They are all like married and like have dogs and like they're in good places in their life, and I just don't feel that way.
Speaker 3: So I kind of am like reverential.
Speaker 4: And I'm at this picnic table and we're sitting there and this girl, one of the girls, one of the wives, that's how I identify her. Sure she would not appreciate that, sister. I'm very aware that they could be listening. If you haven't noticed how much I'm tiptoeing around this conversation. Salad, Oh my god, that salad dressing was so fucking I'm not even kidding you. I still think about it. You know when you like vinegar makes your mouth water. There was like a perfect amount. It was amazing. It was an a Mason jar. It was like above and beyond whatever I could ever do. I whenever I go to the grocery store, pause on, like just a little we have to like get off on a dressing tangent. I've never made a salad dressing in my life. I don't trust myself to do that. I want to be a woman who makes her own salad dressing. And just like with some dijon mustard, a little vinegar, balsamic vinegarette and oil and salt and pepper, I think I just that's what just did.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little lemon.
Speaker 1: That's what I do every night. And it's but like I did feel like a grown up when I learned that taught me.
Speaker 3: Really it's so easy.
Speaker 5: It's crazy for a dressing like that. But if you wanted to make something like a ranch or a like a Caesar.
Speaker 4: Vegan, no, yeah, that involves sardines and eggs.
Speaker 5: Well, you can vegan versions of anything, it's true, but those are those.
Speaker 3: It won't taste as good.
Speaker 5: For my for my wedding. I got a salad dressing machine or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like ki.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the hell he just said, but I'm assuming yes.
Speaker 3: Kui KOUI. What do you spell it?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I'm just gonna spell kuwait. But it's it's called kuwi.
Speaker 5: You put a bunch of ingredients in a little bottle, and it has a little like propeller, like like the Titanic propeller that the guy fell onto. It's like in there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that is a famous scene. That is I would say that is the second most famous moment in the Titanic, besides the hand up on the glass falling down. It's when that guy goes and then he hits it and then he like spins again.
Speaker 5: It's so good, holds up a ten sign and so it's spinning around and uh. It really works for stuff like you described. But I tried to make ranch dressing and it was and I'm with a recipe with a recipe, it was repulsive.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, what turned it?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, you have to put raw eggs in there, which I don't trust. And just everything I put in there made sense. It was like this all seems like ranch and then when I tried it, it made me gag.
Speaker 4: I'd be so scared to cook and like have something be And my biggest fear people who cook for others. I just want to take a second and just honor you because you risk them. Like if I tell a bad joke, we're onto the next joke right away. They don't have to finish the entire joke for an like, and it's not gonna be the only thing that they get to live on the rest of the night. Like I'm like, you have to only hear about this joke, you know. Like, but like if people come over for a dinner party and they're like, first of all, you have picky eaters, like crazy, you know, everyone has their own thing that like I can't eat this, like, then you serve them and if they don't like it. Some people don't like consistency, Like it could taste great, but the consistency could ick them out, and then they have to If I saw anyone pretending to like what I ate and like kind of gulping it down it, I mean, I have I have so much just uh, what's it called admiration for people? Who put themselves out there cooking for people like my mom. The amount of times like we've just been like I don't want it, like, oh god, that would hurt my feelings so much, so much time on just being like this tastes weird, this is cold, like such little bitches kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would never cook for Chris.
Speaker 4: I would never like, there's no he's too picky and I would hate to see him be like I have cooked things for him, like just warmed up things like in a skillet for him before, and he's even been like to that and I'm like so offended.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it, like, and I just feel.
Speaker 4: The dressing thing though, Wow, you're a woman if you make your own dressings or a man, I.
Speaker 5: Can understand about the cooking. Like sometimes I'll make a meal that takes like hours, hours and hours to make, like a good hearty soup or a well I guess I'm just thinking of soups that take that long.
Speaker 3: Sure, but but I make there's no other examples.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I make those soups, it you know, if if Ali didn't like them, I mean, she's the only one eating them. It's not like I'm inviting in the children from the outside to come eat it, but the only Alley's eating it, and if she didn't like it, that would be really upsetting. But I guess I'm really lucky and that she pretty much likes everything that I eat. But also not to not to pat myself on the back, but I'm pretty good cook, so I think it's.
Speaker 4: Get to be a good cooker. Were you always like did you have always have a green thumb in the kitchen?
Speaker 5: I think it's in my jeans because my brother's a good cook too. And I'm not saying we're like, you know, the bear level chefts, but I'm saying that we can cook a lot of different meals that are very good. And I've had like various groups of people say that they like what I make, like Ali's parents or like friends when we're at like an.
Speaker 3: Air, I like it.
Speaker 4: If I liked it, though, I would be like, I guess I don't care if you guys don't, because it I'm deciding if it's good.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like I make a cream of tomato soup that I love, like I nailed it, and I searched for a long time for a good recipe and I couldn't believe I kind of nailed it because that's one of my favorite things to order, and I'm very picky about like a great tomato, like a spicy tomato soup, and it's hard to find. And I made one. I'm like, this is really close to something I would get into a restaurant and be psyched about. And I was so happy and I made like little gluten free grilled cheese sandwiches with it, and it was so good and I shared it with Matt and he was like, it's great, babe, And I don't know what is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then later on, you know, like a couple months later, I'm like, I think I'm gonna make that soup again. What do you think should I make that or something else? And he's like, you can. I'm not much with a tomato soup guy, but I don't care that he's not a tomato soup guy, Like, because you liked.
Speaker 4: It and it did, Yeah, well what you're doing. That's a nice way of saying, maybe he didn't like yours.
Speaker 3: I'd a sweet guy.
Speaker 1: I don't think he likes anybody. Yeah, maybe he hated money.
Speaker 5: It's just like stand up, that's what you're describing. It's like, the more you cook for people, the less the thicker skin you get, And if one of your feel's bombs, you're like, well, it's not that deal. I'll move on.
Speaker 1: But the cool thing about comedians is you guys are I guess with a bad meal. People remember a mad meal and can talk about it for a long time. But when you do, you think, when you hear a bad joke, you remember it like I.
Speaker 3: Don't really yeah.
Speaker 1: As an audience member, though, That's the.
Speaker 4: Thing is like, whenever I finish a set and my last joke sucks, I'm just like, oh, the whole set doesn't matter. The hour and a half I've been talking, it won't matter, because you know I've said this a million times on the podcast. But psychologically we remember the first thing, the last thing, the best thing, the worst thing, But we generally remember the last thing and the worst thing more than the best thing in the first and more so you always remember the last thing, and if the last thing kind of sucked, I always would. Ever, if you've noticed Anya, when I'm closing out a set and it's not that great my last joke, I'll go remember the joke, remember the pull the pedophile stuff. You guys loved that, like, don't forget the chug about my mom. Remember that always good night San Diego. I always like, go, okay, well that wasn't that strong, But I do have to go remember when we were having fun ten minutes ago. And I should have actually closed this out because I want to remind them because they won't remember otherwise.
Speaker 1: I mean the count, but audience to remember the bad jokes. Audience members will generally remember eighty five percent of that set I loved, and then they won't remember the badge No way.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't.
Speaker 2: When I go to comedy shows, I can't remember a damn thing. I just remember, Oh I think I laughed the most to Christa Stefano or something out of the five.
Speaker 4: Right, but you remember if the if the comedian closes not as strong, you might still like them, but you won't. There will be that stuck in. It's just you can't help it. There is just that kind of stuck of like it's little. It's just the if you ever nice time you go to comedy show, try to see on the ride home what you remember and and test this out.
Speaker 5: It's like you have says with somebody and they they blew your mind in bed, and then right after you finish, they go take a shit.
Speaker 3: Oh God on your chest? Yeah, Grand finale? Is this an alley?
Speaker 4: So I'm at this picnic table and then I go, I wouldn't forget.
Speaker 3: I didn't forget.
Speaker 4: And I'm at this picnic table and they're talking about Taylor Swift because I didn't bring her up. She's just in the ether, right, Yes, she is the zeitgeist, and this girl goes. I just I can't believe that all too well is about her losing her virginity, can you? I did, I had no idea, and I go, I didn't know that because it's not I don't know what happened to me in that moment. I didn't have any animosity towards this girl.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, what the fuck happened. I just something in my brain snapped. And it wasn't me being like a know it all. I promise you it wasn't that, because I've analyzed this moment so much.
Speaker 1: Was me?
Speaker 4: I was angry? It was me? Oh was I angry? Yes, a little bit. But I was sticking up for someone who my subconscious has convinced myself is a personal friend of mine who have spent more time with than any of you.
Speaker 3: I think probably at this point, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: And it was the same as if when someone says something about a friend of mine that's just a little false and I just see how damaging it can be to have one little false piece of information out there that can spread.
Speaker 3: And I just didn't want anyone to think.
Speaker 4: At that picnic table that she lost her virginity the stupid Jake Jillenhall, because I don't even though I'm not positive about this, I really don't think that's who she lost her virginity to. I think she lost it to someone else, But I'm not gonna speculate who because it's not my business.
Speaker 3: But this was my business because it was.
Speaker 4: I just felt like I get that way with my friends, like Chris has seen it a bunch, like if someone has a wrong idea about a friend, I snap in a way that I can't that I wouldn't do honestly, for I don't know. I'm not trying to be like I'm the greatest friend, but I get really angry. And but the way I just lay it, do you ever say something and it comes out of your mouth and you're like, jh, you're trying to pull it back, like the tone.
Speaker 3: Is already like you hear the tone.
Speaker 4: Coming out, and you're like, this is not the way I thought of presenting this, and it's coming out of your mouth and it's too late, and so I just go because it wasn't Like I just that's I think that's what I said. She goes, can you believe all do Well was about her virginity? I go no, because it wasn't. And it landed and then everyone I could just feel the tension.
Speaker 6: Chris was in the bathroom his spoons, Yeah, Kurran's Kurran his brother was sitting next to me, and it was almost that like moment with Dave Matthews when I was like fucky and I.
Speaker 4: Hand on my shoulder from Baba Booey being like calmed down. It was like I felt Curran almost be like like is my friend being like weird suddenly because Kurin's the one that's bringing us into this situation with his friends. And and then I instantly went into like, I mean it could be like where did you hear that? Like my tone became what it should be and then on the way home and I'm just being nice the rest of the time, I'm like laughing at everything she says, like trying to get me again, because I'm like, this was so rude out of nowhere. And so then on the way home I told Chris, I was like, I had a really bad interaction, I accidentally said because it wasn't and he was like, Okay, well, why do you think you did that? And I was like, I don't know, and he was like, I'm sure it was fine. Oh what was my point about this? Fuck? I was gonna say something, Yeah, it was just it was just an ugly moment. But I just feel like, I don't know. I remember the same setting when we were in Lake Placid last year and I heard a table talking about Pete Davidson next to us, and they were just mouthing off about Pete Davidson and what their thoughts about him, which stuff we do on this podcast all the time, talk about celebrities we don't know because I know him not well, but i've known him. I just was like, fuck, these people with their little opinions about someone that is not here to defend themselves and is now whipping themselves into a frenzy of like they're piling on the lies upon their lies about him and these opinions, and I got really loud and I was like, oh cool, so many opinions about Pete Davidson, and I like said it loud, and oh my god. Everyone at my table was so embarrassed and like, why do you have to do that? And I'm like, because they need to know that these people walk among you and people that care about them walk among them. But we're gonna have some thoughts about Jonah Hill that are totally none of our business and he's not here to defend himself coming up right on the podcast right after this, so stay tuned for that. Okay, we're back. So yeah, let's do Uh why do I care? Why do I care? So this is a part of podcasts where we talk about a celebrity news story that we really shouldn't care about, and maybe we do care. But this one is the Jonah Hill text exchanges that were leaked via his ex girlfriend Sarah Brady over the weekend, I guess a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: So they are not together anymore.
Speaker 4: Jonah Hill is now currently maybe engaged, maybe married, definitely has a baby with just had a baby I think with his wife or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: And so this is an ex girlfriend. They dated a while ago recent.
Speaker 4: They dated a couple of years ago or maybe you know like I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the breakup was August of last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, now sorry he met youngest.
Speaker 1: Of last year. I think they probably broke up six months prior to that, so early twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: August twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were together final year before parting ways, but they were friends.
Speaker 3: Here is a baby with another girl?
Speaker 4: Like, how did he did he get pregnant with a girl immediately after sending these tags?
Speaker 3: I mean they have don't they have a baby right now?
Speaker 4: Yes, we should have looked this up. Okay, do you want to check on who dated an informed your opinion?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, at least for being honest about we don't really know. I mean just to say I did go to college with Jonahill. He was in my door my freshman year. He was always very nice to me. At a time in my life where I looked like a walking skeleton mister bones. No one wanted to be friends with me. Besides my close girlfriends. No guys wanted to have anything to do with me. And he was the only guy from a group of guys in our dorm that were like and popular, and he was the only one that befriended me.
Speaker 3: So I will always love him for that. And and then he went away.
Speaker 4: We all went away for Christmas break our freshman year, and then he never came back, and we were like, what.
Speaker 3: Happened to Jonah? We loved him.
Speaker 4: And then shortly thereafter we saw like a trailer for iHeart Huckabees, and this guy that we had no idea was an actor. We knew he was from la and that he was friends with the guy from Maroon five, but that was all we knew, like that he was connected to Hollywood in any way, and then all of a sudden he was in movies for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: But he was always nice to me.
Speaker 4: So and then I've talked to I think we talked on MySpace a little bit after that. He was always nice and never yeah, like we but I haven't seen him in person since then, and Anya, you ran into him in person, I think once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've met him a few times. He was always really cool and seems to do great work on himself. And we talked about that a little bit. I liked his documentary. He did it with Phil Stutz.
Speaker 4: I tried to get Chris to watch it, to be like, look at this guy in therapy. We watched like half of it, and then Chris was on his phone for some of it. I'm like, can you please put your phone away and pay attention to this movie about men going to therapy? Like, and he was just like, this isn't how I'm gonna take care of myself and be convinced through a which stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like I think he was.
Speaker 4: It was just I was so it was one of those things where I was just looking at him the whole time and then looking back at the screen like did you hear that? Like childhood trauma can be kind of like in sepid and what's the insipid? And and maybe you don't notice it, but it was there, like and it was just I was so obnoxious and we never finished it.
Speaker 3: But do you liked that with Phil Stutts of the Tools?
Speaker 1: I thought it was cool. It was definitely interesting. It's a yeah, and I know some people that have worked with Phil Stutts, so I mean, I think it oversimplifies so much of therapy, and I don't I don't know if I love well stuts well, it's just like just do this little exercise that I drew, and then you know, obviously that can't cure you. I think so much of therapy I've sound really helpful is really examining the motives and the origins of things and how they play out.
Speaker 3: But they are approach.
Speaker 1: Well I can't explain it because I'm not that educated about it, but it just seemed a little bit oversimplified to me, Like, but that's how any ninety minute documentary it would be. They can't come al.
Speaker 4: So that's how to get people in is to be like it's simpler and then they do it and of course it's going to get harder.
Speaker 3: But like it's showings.
Speaker 4: I thought it was good because it was I thought it was just a good way to get men to kind of consider doing this thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think, you know, first, I don't like the whole digging into your past and figuring out why you are the way you are. It doesn't help. I feel like it's like interesting for people to know, like, oh, I act like this because my mom beat me with a wooden spoon or whatever the fuck it is, right, but what it doesn't actually help? Yeah, but that doesn't actually help you change your behavior in the present to make you happier. And so like I I've been to probably like over ten different therapists over my lifetime, and there was one that it made me like, right, answer all these questions in a journal about my past and try to connect things to my past, and and then and then put my uh the things that upset me into a pillow and then beat the shit out of the pillow and scream into the pillow. And I did that for a while and it did nothing. It did nothing for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also agree with you about how yeah you go in and I think there's several like memes about this, like therapy, you just go like, oh, that's why I do it, and then you're.
Speaker 3: Like, am I done? And they're like my curen, No, that just it.
Speaker 4: Just tells you where they are hiding, like the things like and you can kind of place it. It's kind of like enneagram or you like anything any personality tests.
Speaker 3: You go ha wow, it's like novel. You go, whoa, this is me. This is so me. But it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 4: For you except kind of go pat you on the back and go, oh, I'm not Oh it does it. It makes you feel like you're not crazy for the things you do, that it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: And I think I think it also makes you a little bit more self aware of when it's happening. It's just like another reason to pay attention to when it's happening, and that's where the change can start to happen. But I always say, like that that documentary Anya, I think when I'm I didn't watch it, but probably therapy takes many, many years, so if it kind of gives this view of like, oh, you know, we can improve Jonah in like this ninety minute series, it's kind of like not really truthful.
Speaker 1: Well, but I loved a lot of his tools, Like the one that sticks out to me is and I completely believe this is true that most of our problems can be solved or eighty percent of our issues are are you physically taking care of yourself? Like are you slept, did you sleep well? Did you eat?
Speaker 3: Hungry? Angry, lonely?
Speaker 5: Tired?
Speaker 1: Does he say that in there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: But I mean isn't that it book?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean that's such a great thing, and I love that he said. He's like most mental health issues can be like I would say eighty six percent of them or something. Forget the figure can be solved with did you exercise? Did you eat?
Speaker 3: Did you sleep? Are you hydrated? We anie you were even talking about this weekend?
Speaker 4: You were like like you were so underslept and like everything is amplified. Why do why doesn't being underslept make you like, wow, I'm more happy? Like why does it have to go the other way? Like why don't you just say the world in the negative way? Because I guess you're dying a little bit, and if you don't get enough sleep, you die. So it's like a warning sign to be like things are wrong.
Speaker 5: Error eerror made you happy? You would you would try to not sleep more and more offen can I tell you? And then those people wouldn't survive the evolution area, I I think I think I just decided on right now this moment that therapy for me is bullshit. And I'm a guy who has been to therapy. Actually there was one time it helped me quite a lot, But like I don't know, for I I to me a lot of the times I'm just talking to a person and I'm like, you don't. I'm running circles around you like you're.
Speaker 4: Like I agree, yeah, yeah, go Like I feel the amount of times in therapy I have had some sort of breakthrough where they kind of feel like how I got her there. I'm like, I gave you that, because it's like I fake an orgasm, you know, like I had an or like I have maybe had half of one where I'm like, okay, thanks, you were there and I like had to maybe you were there to facilitate this, but like I gave you that and I made you think you gave it to me kind of thing, like I got myself there, and and then they go like I.
Speaker 3: Think, And it's always I don't know. I just I and I.
Speaker 4: Know that this is just patting myself on the back, but I just feel like I'm I'm emotionally aware of this stuff. I just found myself a lot of times in therapy and this is my fault and this is probably something I have to work on with a therapist who won't allow me to do it. But I give them a lot of wins to like let them feel like they're a good therapist. I fake orgasms. I fake fake revelations all the time to make them feel good because I.
Speaker 1: Helped by anything in therapy.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, of course it.
Speaker 1: Specific thing.
Speaker 4: The number one thing I think therapy is good for for most people, not for me, because I'm in an open book and I use this as you know, I talk about my psyche all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't hold anything back.
Speaker 4: Ever, there's nothing in therapy that I wouldn't say here, literally nothing. I just don't hold anything back, but I think most people do. And so I think that therapy is a place where most people can let things out that they wouldn't let out anywhere else, and that in and of itself, whether you get any feedback that is helpful, just talking and saying things, especially for men who tend to bottle up their feelings and not feel like they can share their feelings, it's a place where you have to do that, and I think it's so so essential for them.
Speaker 3: Like you know, the one time I.
Speaker 4: Always quote this, but it was so cute the Chris when into a like couple session with me and was like, some of those things like I've only I've never said them out loud, I've only thought and I'm like, I have never once had a thought that I've not said out loud. I honestly, I've never just said something, only had a thought. I mean maybe that I'm unaware of. But he really was like I think all these things, but I've never said him out loud. And same with journaling. It just that helps you. You need to get them out. Being in your head is not the place to solve things. You don't realize how much solving you do when you're able to articulate something with your speech or with a pen.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what it's essential for it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I've had so how many things from my abusive therapist Bengo card have I my abuse of doctor abusive? Have I quoted on here of like that have helped me? Like the one I said it yesterday to Brian. We were talking about imposter syndrome and my therapist was like, Oh, so you think you've tricked everyone. So you think you're smarter than every single person that has ever given you an opportunity, all your lists, all your fans, every network that's ever given you a show. You think you're so much smarter than them, And you fucking David Copperfield and they're they they are just these dummies. And then when she did that to me, I was like, no, I do not think I'm smarter than everyone else. Like if you flip it that way, it makes me realize, like, no, you okay, now you're being a little selfish bitch to think that you're so much smarter than everyone. And as soon as she just held up that kind of mirror and the second that she made me think, like, uh, imposter syndrome actually is narcissism because you think you're smarter than everyone and you've tricked people even though you.
Speaker 3: Feel like you're worthless. Flip took.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but for every therapy pearl you get, you get like weeks and weeks of therapy sand you never find a pearl.
Speaker 3: Therapist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's it's like I feel like going to therapy is like skiing on a green trail, where it's like at a certain point you're like I can do the green trail with out a ski instructor, and like they never get to the blue squares and the black diamonds. There's just no I feel like at a certain point you get the tools. I would understand going to therapy if you had no clue about having like any self awareness at all, to never explored your own emotions and didn't have any tools at all. But after like a couple of years of that, I feel like you should go on your own and it's up to you. It's on you to do that every day, not go to there.
Speaker 4: You need some you need an outlet that, you need a friend that you can talk that openly to. You need to journal, and people aren't doing those things. So therapy, I think gives people that outlet. It's like, yeah, you could lift weights in your apartment, but like a gym is a place where someone's gonna tell you what ectual. It's a trainer, you know, like you go do all the shit on your own.
Speaker 1: But you know, a lot of intelligent people talk them out themselves out of therapy too, because they're like, I'm smarter than that. It's for dummies, or it's for people that are really fucked up. But then I've been in therapy with incredibly intelligent and both of us can't figure dick out, And I'm like, how are two intelligent people that have bill been doing therapy for twenty years be fighting about the dumbest shit and then I were creatures of.
Speaker 4: Habit because one is a perfect example of therapy working for someone so much like Noah is always the one whenever I'm going off on the girl's chat to be like, have you maybe considered getting back into therapy, like she always tears me back into therapy because you had such profound effects from it, And you're one of the smartest people I know, emotionally intelligent, beyond anything I could ever be. You always have such poignant the old meaning that I used to think words of wisdom, and I know that you weren't like that before. I didn't know the Nora before therapy, but you were like a lost little bird, an angry lost little bird. Right, Yes, wasn't therapy your turning point?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Like for me therapy, I just like knew that I was destined to have my parents' relationship. And even though like I learned things from my parents that I didn't want to be, didn't want to have, even though I was like still like I was conscious of that, I just kept going in the way of creating the things that I didn't want, Like I didn't know how to not get those things. And that's where therapy has truly helped me. And like I was saying, sometimes I'll revert to my old self because it's you know, like this is stuff from when I was a baby though that started like wiring and like looping together, and now I'm like unwiring and then I have to rewire, and I think it's just kind of like going to be my life's work to do that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The amount of times that the person I chose, who reminds me nothing of my dad then does something exactly like my dad, or like is ex or we act out this dynamic that my mom and dad have. The number of times that's happened, even though I'm doing everything to not do that and I don't want that is astounding to me. And like through it's just so subconscious the things that we want to play out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The big thing is that we are always acting out the stories of our childhood to complete them because we got these like mixed messages or like these these stories. Like the story might be like you don't deserve love, like your mom didn't give you enough attention, your dad didn't wasn't around, he didn't hug you or say I love you, so you're trying to complete that story of like I am not lovable, like I got this feeling as a child. I'm not, but like I never hurt, Like I need to prove that to myself the rest of my life. And it feels comfortable because it's what you knew as a kid and you don't know anything else.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: Therapy helps you identify those and do your best, even though it's hard to steer clear of that and do the opposite. I mean, I think we were talking about it yesterday, but Anya, like the reason you ended up with Matt was or like we're attracted to someone like Matt or got him in the end was you had to do the opposite action of what you were naturally wanting to do. You naturally wanted to reach out to him all the time. You nactually wanted to buy him gifts or like write him like sweet things, send him like sweet pictures of yourself, convince him like.
Speaker 1: Those should be together, tell me how he needs to fix himself.
Speaker 4: But the hard thing was telling him like, you know, this is what I want and I can't really talk to you unless we have that, and like and not settling for any less and so yeah, just you have someone in your corner with therapy to help you figure out those kinds of actions and then you know, help you stick to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, therapy and definitely like non therapy approaches to which is really just like Brian's talking about, like self reflective work stuff where you truly get to know who you are. Like before I would say, before I got sober and like started in recovery and all that, I was the most passive, aggressive person, had no idea of my own intentions at all. And then once I stopped drinking. And what's for an example, Like I remember a girlfriend of mine. This is such a dumb example, but a girlfriend of mine was dating a guy and they broke up and I ran into him a couple months later, and then I texted her, oh my god, I ran into your ex and she was like, uh yeah, and I wrote back like he's so cute, and she's like, if you want to date him, you can date him, and I was like lol haha. I would never Oh my god, no, like was going this is in my twenties, Like, oh my god, I would never not knowing I was attracted to him, I probably subconsciously reached out to her to get some kind of permission and had no idea about anything what you.
Speaker 4: Wanted from her, And yeah, absolutely was Oh my god, you should date him.
Speaker 3: I don't care at all. I don't like him at all. You should date him, clearly there's something there.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I wasn't giving your a say, stop being passive aggressive, Anya, and just do She said, you can date him if you want, And then I did this whole fucking number. Oh my god, no, no, no, and she said, stop being passive aggressive period. You can like just be direct, you can do whatever you want. I gave you permission, and I called her. She didn't pick up, and she was a badass. She was like a recovery badass person. And I remember I like looked up passive aggressive, thought to myself, this is not the first time someone has called me this. I don't know what this is, and started like you know, over the years, realizing, oh god, I am I do not know my own motives. Why do I not know my own motives for stuff? I'm too busy people pleasing and trying to do impression management and control everybody's impression of me, and like be the good girl and be the liked girl that I can't be like, dude, I run into your ex, would it be so weird if I went out with her like we How do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: No way would I have ever said that?
Speaker 5: So now I scared you. So you learn that in your twenties. So then you go to therapy now and you're talking about this stuff to your therapist, and then your therapist says something like have you ever heard of the word passive aggressive?
Speaker 3: And then that's exactly what happens in therapy.
Speaker 5: What the fuck? Court you go?
Speaker 3: Whoa mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I mean that's how still now this is like dating, but a good therapist, which is an essential part of life. I think, or of self care is just as hard as finding a partner. It's not gonna you have to That's why you've been through ten That's why I've been through probably over thirty at this point, of different people I've met throughout the years, and it takes one.
Speaker 1: I always have to go. It's not like you have to go every week or whatever, like I haven't. I've been doing some couples therapy, but I haven't been to like one on one therapy, I would say in Scott several months. So it's not like I'm doing it con.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I had a really good moment, but I felt so guilty about it. I was on a call with the network that is doing the show, so it's like the people that are like in charge of everything, and they're the ones that you ask the most too yes, And I had this zoom call with them that I forgot to get on. And by the way, I have also I was having voice issues when they wanted me to come to this like team meeting with where I would meet them, and so I canceled that that day because I was like, I just don't have a voice for it. And I took care of myself that day. And I was also like, we already got the show. I'm gonna meet them on set like like I don't need to do this and they'll understand, Like I really couldn't make it. So yesterday we were shooting all day and then like on my little one hour break that I have from this fucking eleven hour day to eat lunch and to relax and to get change out of my dress and everything like that, they're like, you want to jump on the zoom and I'm like, oh fuck, it forgot so I get on the zoom and there's like these three women that are like so awesome, so nice, so excited, and this is the first time I'm meeting the network, the big wigs, and we're talking about the show and we're so excited and we're like just like getting to know each other. But my stomach is desperate for the food that I was just stuffing in my face in front of me that I had to stop because now I'm on a zoom. So I'm like looking at the food. I realized that in ten minutes I have to start getting into hair and makeup again. And I'm and we've already covered. We're excited about the show. Here's what's gonna happen. I'm gonna meet them tomorrow. They're gonna be on.
Speaker 3: Set and da da.
Speaker 4: And then another person jumps on the meeting a little late, one of my people on my team, so I already know that person and they jump on and then I realize, oh my god, he's jumped on late. We're gonna have to do this all over again and go over. We're excited, here's what's happened. Like I was just like I see this, this is not gonna end anytime soon.
Speaker 3: And I had just low.
Speaker 4: Enough blood sugar, not enough caffeine, a little too tired, a little too like thinking about my day, and I just was like, I want you to know all too well.
Speaker 3: Wasn't about her losing. No, No, I.
Speaker 4: Had that moment though, I just go, guys, I'm really sorry. I have to be in my makeup chair in fifteen s It's something like I have to be back in clothes and dressed in fifteen minutes. I haven't eaten lunch. I really I can't wait to meet you tomorrow, but I'm gonna jump off.
Speaker 3: I have never once.
Speaker 4: Ever done that to my bosses, Like can you imagine doing that to your boss? And I was thinking I was trying to channel Whitney Cummings or like someone who's like, girl, you need to take care of yourself, like like someone just being like listen to me, like holding my face and being.
Speaker 3: Like you need to take care of yourself, you know, like just do it.
Speaker 4: And then I was also had the thought of like, no, I'm I'm generally a very nice person to everyone on set, no matter what level you're at. I'm never like I've heard horror stories about celebrities and like them, and and and the ones that are like aggressive and like stand up for themselves and aren't like people pleasing all the time tend to get more work than anyone. So I'm like, if this goes the way I don't want it to, and they think I'm a huge bitch who thinks them I'm better than them, and I don't really care about this meeting, which is none of that's true. If they do take that away, it'll only benefit me because everyone likes someone who tends to come off like a cunt anyway, Like cunts get so much work in this town. So and the off chance they do think I'm a cunt, which I'm not, it'll probably benefit me.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna do it.
Speaker 4: And I and Brian was in the room when I did it, because I oh also Brian was at craft Services and texting me like pictures of what I wanted, and I was couldn't get back to him because if you go to a different screen on your zoom on your phone, you don't, it goes blank and they know you're doing something else, and they would have thought I was like posting a thread or some shit, So I like couldn't look at the pictures he was sending, and I was like, and I knew he was not gonna just wait there all day for me to get back to him, and so I and he was and the craft service is far away, and I was like, I'm gonna miss out on four food and all I had was these two little dumb side salads and I was just panicking, and so I just and then Brian walked back in coming back from Craft Service, and then I just like did it, And I was like, I need to pull the plug on this, and I was like, after I said it, I was and just put down the phone. I was like, oh no, And I instantly texted the two other guys on the phone, which are also kind of my bosses, the EPs of the show, and I'm an EP on the show, but they're like EEPs and executive executive piece and so I texted them both like I'm so sorry I had to jump, and I could tell that they were probably like our talent is like kind of being a little in the past. I will like go down on the network, like I'll be like, do you want to just step off to the side, and I can like blow.
Speaker 3: You for a couple of minutes like, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I don't deserve this job, like I I will do anything for the network. And I was just it was the first time I ever stood up for myself and was like, I'm I'm doing too much today. There's I don't need to be having an innocuous conversation on Zoom. We've already covered all the bases. It's just going to be more like small talk. And I showed up do any.
Speaker 3: More small talk?
Speaker 1: You showed up on time?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean it was a little late to that Zoom, but I did show up. I did it.
Speaker 4: And but I would say ninety percent of talent would not have done what I did. And I was a little proud that I did because the old me would not have done that. And maybe it was me. It could have been a bad move. But I'm going to meet them today and I'll probably apologie.
Speaker 5: I think, very good move. I don't think you should apologize profusely Apologe. Now, people, everybody in Hollywood gravitates towards narcissists for a reason. It's because when you are when you act like you're better than or whatever, then people think like, oh my god, they're probably better than me. Now I have to appease them, So I think the only thing you achieved in that moment is maybe you've raised your status in their eyes.
Speaker 4: I know, it's crazy. The thing that I did not want to do is only going to benefit me. Whenever I accidentally come off like a bitch, I'm like, this is just don't worry about it, because everyone likes a bitch.
Speaker 3: Why men love bitch. There's like books about it.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying this way in life, but in Hollywood, it's like the number one thing to get ahead is to act like a narcissist, like you're better than everyone else. You walk into the room and you make everyone feel like this is the biggest star I've ever seen in my life. And if you go go any lower than that, if you go lower than the people you're talking to, then they're like, this person is a waste of my time. I don't need to treat them like anything.
Speaker 2: Apps to highlight level jobs, yeah, anytime you're like in a high level somewhere, that's just something that you have to bring to the table.
Speaker 6: So why is.
Speaker 1: It being a bitch to just take care of yourself and you're you're setting the tone and I like that you're doing it early on because these people are getting to know how you work and what you consider productive time. So to you, this is a productive length of zoom. You also are letting them know you have ten minutes until you have to be somewhere and you have to eat, so they're you're setting the tone for how this jounre is. So bravo. Yeah, getting back to Jonah, Yeah, these.
Speaker 5: Are boundaries you're not and also there's a line though that you can cross, because you can get too far. We discussed this yesterday. Also that woman for Men in Black, which we don't know why. We don't know why that happened.
Speaker 4: This fascinating, I was fascinating. Everyone remembers Men in Black, right the first one. Anya probably didn't see it because she did Aladdin or Titanic. This was all during this was a phase where Anya was I only knows what you were doing in nineteen ninety eight, during the summer when all these blockbuster hits.
Speaker 1: I Seen Men in Black came out.
Speaker 3: I think it was ninety eight.
Speaker 4: It was nineteen ninety seven, Okay, Titanic and Men in Black?
Speaker 3: Did you see Men in Black?
Speaker 6: Anya?
Speaker 3: No, it's so good. You have to see it, you really do. It's really good.
Speaker 4: But there was a woman in it who played the mortician, who was Will Smith's love interest, and she was amazing in it. And then she disappeared from Hollywood, and I thought when Brian told me this, I was like, oh my god, we didn't see her in anything else. She must have not fucked Harvey Weinstein, like she must have blacklisted her.
Speaker 3: That's probably what happened.
Speaker 5: The initial things where we thought she maybe died. Because I was Ali was watching Men in Black. It's one of her comfort movies. She loves Will Smith, even postslap, she loves Will Smith, and I was just walking in I saw this scene with this woman and I was like, I've seen this woman in a lot of things. But then I looked her up on IMDb, and her IMDb critics just stop. After nineteen ninety eight, she did one more movie after Men in Black, and then they just stop, and she hadn't done anything anything at all since then. And like Men in Black was a huge blockbuster movie, so like the biggest of the summer that summer, you know, it was. Her career was all but external. Looking at it, it seemed like it was going to blow up after this, and then it just stopped. Nothing, not even some indie film, not even some NYU student called her up. Nothing. So she must have died. She must have died or opted to retire for some reason. Maybe she's like, I'm going to focus on my family. Whatever it was, So you dug into it, I dug it. I went on my little computer and I have a really small computer, and I went on it and I looked her up.
Speaker 4: Turns out no one has ever called it a computer for the past, Like.
Speaker 5: I went on my personal computer.
Speaker 4: It's on me the other day. That was like, remember when we had a computer room? But you remember, you were like, it's in the computer room.
Speaker 3: Was the room in their house? No one thinks about it anymore?
Speaker 4: Really, Okay, So anyway, you went in your computer room, you typed in.
Speaker 5: I went in my computer room, I logged onto AOL and I looked up Subtle Thing that was also a Dave Matthews song from ninety seven. I looked her up and then it turns out that she is hard to work with? Was the Fiorentino? Multiple people? Yeah, so what happened? So multiple people said she was hard to work with? Now one of them was Harvey Weinstein, So that instantaneously makes this seem questionable, suspicious, Yes, it's suspicious.
Speaker 1: She was great, wasn't she in Like, what was the movie? The iconic film? Was it The Last Seduction or something? She was so good in anyway.
Speaker 4: Well, what happened with Men in Black two? Because that was an interesting story around that.
Speaker 5: So Men in Black two is going to come out because and Men in Black one was such a huge hit. And if you watch the end of Men in Black one, Tommy Lee Jones's character, it's Emily Jones and Will Smith. Tomily Jones' character gets a great send off. It's like he either retires or dies at the end, I can't remember, but he's done. He's clearly out. It was a beautiful ending, a beautiful movie, and it was clear that it was setting up. To me, it was setting up that Will Smith and Linda Feartino they're gonna have some kind of relationship after this, and if there was a sequel, it was clear they would be the leads. But then Men in Black two comes out and it's Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith and Linda Fiorentino is nowhere to be found. They don't even mention her in this movie. So it turns out that according to accounts that I read on websites, so take that for what you will. But Tommy Lee Jones was asked, we got to have that chemistry between Will Smith and Tommily Jones and Men in Black two, you gotta come back. I know you died or whatever, but we're gonna come. You're gonna come back. And then he said, I will only do Men in Black two if Linda Fiorentino is not in it.
Speaker 1: Tommy Lee Jones said that Tommy Lee.
Speaker 5: Yes, Jones, Yeah, so I wonder what she was like, Yes.
Speaker 1: I mean I've heard Tommy Lee is incredibly difficult to work with too, So it's sad that exactly.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's like, I'm the one who's difficult.
Speaker 5: And then also any yeah, Kevin Smith said she was either, but then he apologized for later. So multiple enough people said she was hard to work with, that she never worked.
Speaker 4: On data about this, well, she listen, she I'm looking at IMDb. That is a it's not completely true. She did Dogma with Kevin Smith and that's where that came from. Then she went on to one, two, three, four, five, more things. Two thousand she did three movies, but you've never heard of any of them. Two thousand and two she did one more, and then two thousand and nine she did a video. It doesn't even say a movie, it's just a video.
Speaker 1: Was a sexy actress and great.
Speaker 3: Ye she was like striking more a tyranny. What about Jett Butler?
Speaker 1: How she went away? And then we see her again decades later, and she's amazing In the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: I saw her. Oh was she in the Morning Room? Wasn't she? What was she in the Morning Show?
Speaker 1: She was somebody's mother coming Backspoon's mom.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Well I saw her in The Ralphs in two thousand, probably nine, and she was shopping at like three am. Because I used to have an eating disorder and that's when I would go grocery shopping for my binges. And I started three in the morning and we were both not doing well in that Ralphs. But she was buying two gigantic Siberian tiger stuffed animals from.
Speaker 2: Among other things in her cart, and I just remember being like, she's a legend, you know, she's a stand up.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we got it to go to break we'll come back with actual Jonah Hill text and we'll talk about them when we get back.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back. Let's get into this Jonahill thing. Let me read some of these texts.
Speaker 4: So, if you don't know his girlfriend, ex girlfriend, Sarah Brady, they broke up last August. He is now with someone else, but they used to wear matching outfits on the red carpet.
Speaker 3: She's a she's a surfer girl.
Speaker 4: She's professor surfer and she posted on her Instagram story over the weekend kind of like she The first one is says, this is a warning to all girls. If your partner is talking to you like this, make an exit plan. Love, y'all call me if you need an ear And so she posted texts exchange from them. This one is a picture of her surfing, and then under it Jonah wrote respect. However you want to live your life, you only get one. And let me just say unless I say there's a period, there's not okay.
Speaker 3: Respect, how you live your life? You only get one?
Speaker 4: And then the next text says sort of done with explaining myself. She said three removed not the video yet? Is it my best surf? It is my best surfing video would period Would you feel better if the cover frame was different?
Speaker 3: Question mark? Any more specific ones that bother you? Question Mark.
Speaker 4: I have to say, this comes off with someone who knows they're going to post this someday. But maybe it's just an abused girlfriend or like a girlfriend that's feeling like like she just I've been that girlfriend before, Like whatever you want, is there anything else I can do for you? But this kind of feels to me like and then this is just my spidey sense of someone who knows that they're going to share this with friends and they want to look more victimy.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: She's like prepping for her deposition with this text.
Speaker 1: She was in law school. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: You said that this also could be that she really felt this way.
Speaker 4: So I don't want to I'm not don't come at me for about this is just I can't help what my thoughts are.
Speaker 3: I'm just sharing them.
Speaker 4: This is not the truth though, Okay, what I'm thinking about this is not what actually happened, So don't misconstrue that I'm accusing anything. And he wrote back, she said, any more specific ones that bother you? He wrote back, Yes, one that isn't of your ass and a song. First of all, that doesn't make any sense. She said, any more ones that bother you? And he said, yes, the one that one that isn't of your ass in a song. So the one that isn't of her ass bothers him. No, I meant to say, no, he just the thing that the takeaway from all these I just want to say before we really get into them, is that he might be illiterate. U he I don't understand why celebrities who I really respect to are like when any of this ever comes out.
Speaker 3: My general takeaway is that.
Speaker 4: People can't write, and people on text message sound like they've had multiple concussions through there, like they sound mentally disabled. When they write, they sound like three year olds that grabbed their mom's phone and just pressed a bunch of buttons.
Speaker 5: Because he didn't finish college. So it's a good point.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he got in with this. He didn't definitely didn't get in through his essay. Okay, So then she goes, fuck it, this is the title of this one. She posts another one. He writes a plain and simple colon and then nothing underneath that. Then if you need colon, So two things that have colon.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make any sense. And with men you need yeah, what do you mean He's saying.
Speaker 1: If you need surfing with men modeling, blah blah blah, shots and bikinis. We get that, but then we are not a good match.
Speaker 5: I understand that, but just say that.
Speaker 3: You don't need to say like if you need and then all these lists just right into the scent.
Speaker 5: The thing that's weird to me is that it's plane and simple colon and then if you need colon, So there's nothing under the plane and simple. So if you need colon is a subcolon of the plane in simple colon. So you have to just assume that all of the rest of this and if you need colon is being plain and simple.
Speaker 1: By the way, also that you're going to get a take on this relationship, you're not. All we want to do today is talk about the grammar of this.
Speaker 5: It takes there's a period later in this there's a it's a space and then a period. That's just sit I see that.
Speaker 4: Can we stop with the space period space and also ellipses being over three dotsmax?
Speaker 2: Can I add one more thing to this plane and simple? I believe that he wrote this in his notepad and then pasted it into texts just by the format.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the next text, plain and simple. If you need colon surfing with men, boundaryless inappropriate friendships with the men, to model, to post pictures of yourself in a bathing suit, to post sexual pictures, friendships with women who are in unstable places and from your wild recent past. Beyond getting a lunch or coffee or something respectful, then a space.
Speaker 3: I am not the right partner for you space period. Space.
Speaker 4: If these things bring you to a place of happiness, I support it and there will be no hard feelings. These are my boundaries for a roman, for romantic partnership. My boundaries capital w with you based on the ways these actions have hurt our trust space period.
Speaker 3: See what is that?
Speaker 5: This is a person who has been to a lot of therapy who is now weaponizing the tools of therapy again because he's trying to say like, look, I'm only see a boundary boundaries. These are just me setting my boundaries. I'm and this is why no one should go to therapy. I'm on that train now, Jonah Hill. Let's figure it out how to take twist it perverb.
Speaker 4: People are saying this weaponized therapy thing. What's the difference between a guy just having like he doesn't want to date someone who has model pictures and post pictures of her ass and and him stating that and like that's he's uncomfortable with that, and being a controlling douchebag, Like, what's the difference between those?
Speaker 5: I want to be clear here. I love Jonah Hill. I love he's incredibly talented bombing Jonah I if I had a reading with him, I hope he likes me anyway. Uh well, I think like some of these things he's asking for is are unfair, Like if he if he was entering a relationship with a professional surfer, he should know that she's going to be doing a lot of things in his plane and simple colon list like surfing with men, modeling, posting pictures of yourself in a bathing suit. It's like these are just.
Speaker 4: He should maybe not date a surfer and just bail out on his own without asking her to stop doing all of these things.
Speaker 5: Right in order to be with him. He's shaming her for being who she is, and that's not cool.
Speaker 4: That was my initial reaction. Okay, okay, so then better take well, let's keep going. Then she says, uh, she said, I guess she's texting. I don't know who she's texting about. She's saying, let's see, she wrote. And I asked him to make a list of his needs too, but I think his list ended up being like five rules for me, not anything that he needed the freedom to do in his life himself. Like his list of needs was not a list of needs. It was a list of expectation rules for me. When we ended it is because we couldn't agree on that. And then I stayed friends with him for the next six months, and he just kept chalking up our breakup to us being in different places in our life, when that's bullshit. That's not the main reason it wasn't working. So he kept me on as a close emotional confidant after the breakup, sexting me on July thirteenth, twenty twenty two, visiting me, oh, this's almost the anniversary of that, visited me in my apartment in my hometown early August twenty twenty two, and then waited till a week after I moved to wife for law school to sey me a text being like, by the way, I'm in a new relationship. Okay, nothing of that sounds bad, Like, at what point is she going to take any accountability? You stayed friends with him, like you don't have to be as emotional confidant. Maybe you stop and pull out, like I just have a problem a little with like why did you keep going? But then then people will come at me like, well she was an abusive relationship. You can't get out of that. He tricked her, he manipulated, and then she said, well, then there's a textas change with them both. And this is from August thirtieth, twenty twenty two. That's what she labeled it. She said, what's tomorrow like for you? You free anytime between this and this? He said, I don't want to bail on school. On you to bailance. I don't want you to bail on school. That's important. No, no period, that's all one sentence, you guys. I know I don't need to, but in this spirit text school, what'd you say?
Speaker 5: As you can tell from my text, grammar school is important.
Speaker 4: I know I don't need to, but in the spirit of pure respect to our friendship and appreciation for each other, I did not want to be transparent that I did start dating. I did want to be pret transparent that I did start dating someone recently. I'm sorry if this is painful. It just happened, and I didn't want to not be transparent with you ever as I care about you. She said, thanks for letting me know. Probably best if we don't talk for a while and you figure out what where that's headed. He said, I appreciate and understand that. Okay, there's nothing bad there. That seems okay. Then the next day she texts, not that it's really my business, but out of my own personal chicks before Dick's code, if that's headed anywhere other than hookup or fling, I'd appreciate if you make that woman aware of how recently you've been flirting with me, sexting me and learning leaning on me for emotional level support, on me for partner level emotional support. And he goes, I'm sorry what, and I have the same reaction, Fuck you?
Speaker 3: He can date. You weren't dating.
Speaker 4: Him, you were texting him, and you guys were both probably leaning on each other, and you're fucking mad that he's with someone else, and so now you're like you gotta let her know that we have been seriously talking and everything, and.
Speaker 3: It's like, what, No, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: He just put up that boundary with her, like this needs to end because I am in something with someone else. I don't need to go backtrack and tell her that I've been talking to two women.
Speaker 3: It sounds like they just made it official.
Speaker 4: Therefore, now is the starting point of you can't talk to anyone else, not before.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly. Everybody in the history of dating has had a little bit of an overlap. Like if you're dating two people and then you decide to get with one person, you gotta then let the other one go or whatever, and like you just don't talk about that with your current person. That's just the way it goes.
Speaker 4: Right, and he wrote, I have been there for you as a friend, which I have made very clear. And not only is it not your business, as I only mentioned it to you out of respect and friendship, but I have not been flirting with you or sexting you in any way where it would be inappropriate at this time to start dating someone. And if anything, I have felt for you, and if anything, I have felt for your change and tried to be a good and supportive friend, as you transition to a scary new environment, and to be crystal clear, I have not flirted or sexted with you in any way, shape or form in months, and went to say goodbye to you as a super kind gesture that you seem to have appreciated because it was kind, and then she then I was from continuing on. I'm sorry if that's upsetting that I would move on at all six months later, but I've handled you and I and I with utmost love and respect. Thanks, don't ruin all the kindness. You're better than that, which I never like it. You're better than that. And then she wrote in response to as you transition to a scary new environment data, she wrote, never really seen it as scary and then he and he said I have not you know in response to her being like to be crystically and in response to him saying I've been I've not flirted or sexted with you in any way, shape orform in months, she had searched through her text for holding my hand right, that's phrase holding no, just holding my dick, Oh, holding my dick, Sorry, holding my dick, and he had written on the thirteenth of July, so that was a month removed from that, and she she goes, whatever helps you get through the day, gotta focus on mine now, audios. He said, new side of you, Sarah, I care about.
Speaker 3: You and we'll always.
Speaker 5: And then you think that's a typo or is that a thing that the kids are saying?
Speaker 1: Maybe that was their name, you know, like on the way, like by the way.
Speaker 4: I heard a new gen Z phrase the other day. A girl was talking to her friend. I overheard it in the shop in New York during on his wedding weekend. And this girl's talking to her friend and she was like, and then my dad was like, you're spending too much money on clothes. And I was like, Dad, say less, and I was like, and then I googled say less slang and it's very much a thing.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, it's it's almost over. Actually say less.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I'm really late to that.
Speaker 4: It's like that word shoogie or whatever, which means kind of like okay. So he said, new side of you, Sarah, I care about you and will always be your friend as I have been. Yes, we sexted two months ago.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 3: So that was one and a half months.
Speaker 4: But you know who's whatever he's rounding up, he said. Screenshotting intimate text between us is a huge triggering violation for me in breach of trust as a friend, and I have explained to you about breaches of trust.
Speaker 3: I have been trust.
Speaker 4: This is all one sentence, and I've explained to you about breaches of trust I have been. I have had between trusted friends recently that have caused me trauma. I am in oh okay, period. I am incredibly hurt and feel a lack of safety where I've always trusted you.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry if a former partner moving on is painful, and I empathize with that space period space. But I have done nothing wrong, and if I wasn't a public person, I wouldn't have this kind of I wouldn't face this kind of violation and have shared with you that and have shared that with you, and then watching you be like this today shatters my ability to trust anybody even further.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 4: I have always shown you kindness and support. It is extreme, but like that is probably extremely triggering to be like, Okay, this person, he probably saw all of this coming in that moment, like this, what this, what's the word deluged. What's the word when things all come out at once?
Speaker 3: Wording deluge?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What is it? It's like.
Speaker 4: Deluge of text messages that she shared Like he probably saw this coming in that moment, is freaking out because listen, she is capable of this space. He goes on to say, i have nothing to decide in my life, but I'm still entitled to safety and privacy, just like you were anyone else's period space, period space.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd understand that.
Speaker 4: Oh just you wait, yeah right, this has really shattered my sense of faith in you as a human.
Speaker 3: I thought we would always be friends. Sarah.
Speaker 4: I've done nothing wrong, and I'm sorry if you're bummed, but this line of texting today has really deeply let me down and broken my trust as a friend. She said, I'm showing your own text to I'm just showing your own text to me. Can you put yourself in my shoes for a sec? How I might feel gas lit by your behavior in communication?
Speaker 3: He said, I'm happy to speak on the phone, but no, that is a good point.
Speaker 1: He's like, I can't believe you had screenshot text and she's like, I'm just screenshotting this.
Speaker 4: I but he's triggered because apparently recently he had a breach of trust within his close personal friends. He says, so to say, you feel gaslet when I was being nice as absurd. You are hurt that I kissed someone and I'm beginning to date fair. You have not been gaslet. You have been treated, in fact, incredibly, both emotionally, incredibly, both emotionally and financially.
Speaker 1: Woo, I just saw that. That's a whole other thing. I guess anyway, go on what I believe that because I went down a deep dive on her Instagram story, she said no to a lot of jobs and opportunities because he was asked. I think he paid for her and helped pay for law school and helped pay for therapy. But she was sort of starting to say goodbye and know to work opportunity stuff for him for the relationship.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, So it seems like at this point there's been a transition, whereas before she was prepping for her deposition and now Jonah is prepping for his deposition. Because everything he's saying at this point is like is like very He's aware that he's being screenshot. Yes, I am, I know this is coming and I am going to say everything perfectly above board here, and I think he's doing a pretty good job other than.
Speaker 4: I mean, this goes on and on. Imagine reading through all of this, I don't care.
Speaker 5: Is like, this is not something that we should be seeing at all. This is just a.
Speaker 3: Break bullshit, fuck final spot.
Speaker 5: Let's just bullshit.
Speaker 4: Say what it is. This is an invasion of privacy. Go to therapy, share this with your girlfriends. We've all done it. I mean, my fucking I go through my photos sometimes and it is literally like, I have probably seventy thousand photos of my phone. Ten percent are screenshots of texts from guys that would never love me to my girlfriends. Okay, I would never, in my wildest dreams go on and post them on my Instagram story. It's an unhinged behavior, There's no question about it. It's not a good look. I don't Jonah might not have acted perfectly in this one thing I did enjoy that isn't on this BuzzFeed thing that I was reading from. He said that he didn't want pictures of her ass up, but it was the number.
Speaker 3: It was the picture.
Speaker 4: There's an ass picture that she posted, which is the reason they started dating and talking responding to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they should have broken up because Jonah Hill's boundaries were crossed. And but he should have known that those boundaries are going to be crossed when he started.
Speaker 4: Because he's dating a girl that he went after. I think he said stripper but surfer, yeah, he yeah, he knew what she was when he went in, so he should have maybe he learned along the way. He can't handle that. Whatever it is, we shouldn't be seeing this. This is it's Noah said it before. You feel like this is doxing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I just don't feel right about tar and feathering someone we weren't there for their relationship. We don't know the whole story, and I just agree, Like, to me, doxing is one of the most cruel things. I don't care who it's about. I just don't like it, and I wish that it won't happen.
Speaker 3: It's cruel.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: As soon as this all was posted, I felt like, this girl needs some help and probably needs to go see a therapist and get some She seems well, we do have better help as our sponsors, So I want to just say I believe is very helpful and you could use promo code to get yeah, promo code, but listen this people were I think everything. The initial response was like how dare this guy? And then I think, now the tide is kind of turning and people are kind of opening their eyes, like why do we even get to see this in the first place?
Speaker 3: And Yeah, I just feel I feel like this girl.
Speaker 4: I felt this way before when people have moved on too quickly and you want to you're hurt and you know that you can't give them back, so why not just and you're kind of releasing it to like warn other women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking about her endgame or her motive. We were talking about motives earlier and I heard her say in a voice memo that her motive was to reach this new girlfriend and mom of his kid, And I'm wondering, why.
Speaker 3: Why not I just DM her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And also I think to educate other women, like this is not boundaries, this is controlling behavior, This is asking me to.
Speaker 5: Change.
Speaker 3: Who asked problem to be the savior of all women.
Speaker 4: I don't think this was healthy on either side, But I don't feel like we should be reading these stecks and it does.
Speaker 5: It does. The verdict Judge Nick the verdict in the case of Jonah versus I don't know the girl's name.
Speaker 3: I don't want to date Jonah Hill.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like this is would be someone that I could date because of the way that I would feel very upset if someone asked me to remove stuff like that or like thought I was being like slutty or wanting attention for doing the thing that like is required of my career, Like what does he expect.
Speaker 3: Her to swim in and to surf it like a burn?
Speaker 1: Don't get I think he asked for a wet suit.
Speaker 4: That's fucking crazy. I'm sorry that it's insane. He shouldn't have asked that stuff. But I also the verdict is guys, watch out for Yeah, guys, I mean, just know that your your texts aren't safe and that and you're every where she was like you could see the shift in the way he talked. His grammar got better, his sentence structure got more complete.
Speaker 3: Right after he.
Speaker 4: Realized she was screenshotting, it was like, uh, oh, time for damage control and he's going to be on. He should have realized it earlier. You know that this is oh fuck my voice lesson? I didn't text my fucking teacher that I wasn't happening today, God damn it. But yeah, he should have realized it earlier that this was going to be a problem. But this is when guys are just like horny and they're not thinking and they send they shoot off text to some hot girl, like, just jerk off before you text someone. Stop dating people who are going to screenshot your text. Stop dating girls in their twenties. Yeah, is she in her twenties? I'm guessing she is. Yeah, and he's like nearly forty. He's my age, so yeah, stop dating women in their twenties. And yeah, I mean, I guess that's the takeaway from it.
Speaker 5: There's one line on Jonah Hills and he deserved it that says, I want to I want to highlight that says you have not been gas lit, which is like, I don't think you can say that, So I don't think you can say that.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 4: It's not wrong, it's not see more on to tell someone they haven't been gas lit, you're like gaslighting. Yeah, Like grammatically that was correct, But I do believe that gaslighting has taken on a new fucking like everything's gaslight lighting, like someone on Reddit recently was like, gaslighting, by the way, is not if a guy lies to you, it's not gaslighting like gaslighting does like does require lying, but not every lie is a gaslight like gaslighting, she's lying, but lying does not equal gaslight.
Speaker 1: I was also confused about her calling it gaslighting because I think he said, like, we haven't sexted in four five months or something, and then she screenshotted and he's like, fine, four months or whatever. I'm getting the details wrong, but it was like one month off. That doesn't really make it gaslighting.
Speaker 4: It's a little it's a little bit because she said he said three months, and then she proved him wrong with a month and a half earlier.
Speaker 3: He said, I'm holding my dick, and then he goes two months, so it's like, no, it's a month and a half.
Speaker 1: Like that kind of about semantics who care, like it's not a crime.
Speaker 4: Well, now his girlfriend knows now, or his baby mama or whoever he's with knows, And honestly, I wouldn't care. If I were her, I'd be like I would just be like, why did you date a girl that also do this?
Speaker 1: With bachelor last year on the Bachelor. I remember the guy like told everyone like, just so I want to be transparent, I fucked everyone on this show, and the girl was like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to know that.
Speaker 4: I know I'm going to have people coming after me or like thinking that I'm just like anti woman, but I just think I'm I'm pro mental health. And I think this girl needs a better outlet than her Instagram stories to process all of this, and that I don't think her motive is to protect women and to educate women and to help girls that were in the same.
Speaker 3: Spot as she's with. Maybe she I think it's just to hurt the woman he's with. That's what I think she's trying to do because she's jealous, and that's.
Speaker 1: To be gentle with both of these people because everybody's hurting. And I was twenty and crazy before too, and I remember thinking like, if I found out someone cheated on someone I know, I would tell them because I would want to know. And then as I got older, I'm like, it's none of my business, Like I slowly learned things or not. Some things are my business and some things are not, And this whole thread felt like none of my business.
Speaker 3: And I went I'm glad we're on it.
Speaker 4: I love you guys. Thank you for listening to the podcast today. I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I'll see you on set Brian in just a second. And thank you Noah and Anya. Happy marriage, Anya, and we'll see you next week on the show. Dumbika and Dig Just uh, don't text girls that.
Speaker 3: You might think first guess we try here stuff. Okay, come on,