Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. I'm Tamara Judge and I'm Dan Gestling, and you're listening to Talking a Big Game. Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Talking a Big Game with myself, Tamor.
Speaker 2: Judge Anne dan geesing. Excited to be here, Tamra, what's going on? Like something happened?
Speaker 1: Well, as you can see, my eyes are a little bit swollen. I can't really see that well, so I might be putting those glasses on.
Speaker 3: Are you boxing? What do you do? What happened?
Speaker 1: No, it's not even that exciting. I had an allergic reaction to my makeup yesterday for the Green screen, and I woke up this morning with both my eyes crusted shuts, so I have no makeup on.
Speaker 3: Is it new makeup?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while there's like glitter found, like an eyeshadow that I can't tolerate, and they must have shod Chelsea must have used it and woke up today with blurry vision and my eyes glued shut, So bear with me. I got my readers here, my old lady glasses just in case I need them. But you know who's not an old lady. That's our next guest. That's our next guest. Now, this is one of our fellow traders. In fact, she was a trader. No, she wasn't a trader, was she?
Speaker 3: She wasn't.
Speaker 1: Why did I think she was?
Speaker 3: He was a trader to me?
Speaker 1: But she was a trader to you, Not to me though, No, no, And that's Trachelle Cantonella. I was reading her bio and I was like shocked. I didn't know she was a playboy model.
Speaker 3: Did you know? Like we had talked about it in the house in uh, in.
Speaker 1: The I guess I conversation. I need to see I need to see pictures. But Trischelle is an American reality TV contestant, playboy model, actress, and known for appearances on MTV reality television series The Real World, Las Vegas, The Real World spin off The Challenge, and also appeared on other realities to shows such as Surreal Life, Kill Reality, Punk, Fear Factor, The Traders, Below Deck Mediterranean being her most recent. She's also made appearances on TV ads, music videos, Post Nude, and Playboy Magazine, appeared in a horror film Was That Traders? That's kind of a horror film, and compete successfully in celebrity poker tournaments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean I'm all in on Bravo, So like, how how does that crossover happen? I can't wait to hear, Like how do you she like chartered a yacht? Is she just bawling?
Speaker 1: Or like yeah so so they you know you have you seen below Deck before?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well she was one of those people that chartered that yacht and and you do have to charter them. You do have to pay.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm trying to learn, Like what was the process is it?
Speaker 1: Just like how does she have to We'll have to ask her. I was actually asked to do it one year instead I did Ultimate Girls Trip, so I didn't get to do it. But it always sound like a.
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: You were at you were asked to go on below deck and they're like saying you have are you have to charter this?
Speaker 3: Or like hey, we're chartering this for you. You just come on.
Speaker 1: There is a charge as a guest that goes on there.
Speaker 3: I feel like they should be paid you.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. That was the argument I said, But you know what it is, what it is, and they get a lot of people to do it. And it looked like a lot of fun. So let's ask her how her experience with you.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's uncouth to ask her how much it was? Like? Can you ask her that? I feel like that uncouth?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, now I have no idea. I know you're like, you may be used to like chartering private. Yes, that's being from the I.
Speaker 1: Don't have private, dude, that doesn't happen in my lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I can write and do a duffy voat what's what's a duffy voat.
Speaker 1: One of those like little tiny boats that I don't know.
Speaker 3: Isn't it like air?
Speaker 1: It's like electric ant.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask her.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask her, if not for me, but for the people wondering like me and you like, how much does that cost?
Speaker 1: I know, I mean it's also a discounted rate, but it's still I think I'm wondering if maybe the money goes towards the the tip at the end, because you know, when you chart y'all like that there's a giant tip that it has to be.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just know from watching the show. And then they complain about all this person's gonna be a good tip and this person's not. But yeah, I'm excited to hear like behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: We have Trishelle, can I Tella? Hey, hey, it's every union it is. You look amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you? So do y'all?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. I have to excuse my swollen eyeballs. I had an allergic reaction to my glam yesterday for the green screen. Woke up with christy eyeballs.
Speaker 4: So that's horrible. I know, I know, I can't see it from here. You look great good.
Speaker 1: I might have to throw my glasses on here and there. But how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good. I've just been so busy and you have. I was traveling a lot and now I'm kind of like just done traveling, so I'm kind of just getting back into the swing of things at home. So yeah, I'm really happy.
Speaker 3: Can you define a lot?
Speaker 2: Because I'm on Instagram every day in your story like you're in seventeen different countries in three and a half weeks, I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm actually going to Barcelona again, like uh what in two weeks, but only for a week to play poker. But and then after that I'm done traveling.
Speaker 1: I want to hear about your poker. We'll get to that in a minute, but we just went I was just reading your bio. You've done a lot of reality shows, but one I this is a reality show. But something I didn't know about you You were a Playboy model.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did Playboy. How old were you I was, Let's see, I was probably twenty four or twenty five.
Speaker 1: Maybe have those pictures like hanging in your house?
Speaker 4: No, no, not at all. My family was. My family's so conservative they were freaking out about it. But you know what, Like I paid off my student loans, I paid off my car. I was able to, you know, pay off a lot of things. And so to me, it was just a job, Like I do things. It's a job to me. It's not like, oh I want to go in to like go to the Playboy mansion every weekend, which I went a couple of times.
Speaker 3: But yeah, what was that? Like what was what? Like the mansion is now like defunct, right, it's no longer a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not a thing anymore.
Speaker 3: Was it as wild as people said? It was? Like this is my glimpse into like I'm like a just an everyday guy, and you like lived in this world. What was it like?
Speaker 4: It was pretty wild. I mean I've only went a couple of times. They used to always invite me to like the Sunday night movie nights or whatever they used to do with Half and it that wasn't my scene, to be honest. So I didn't really go to all that stuff. But I would go like bigger parties.
Speaker 1: I mean, you didn't want to lay in bed with Half and watch movies. Yeah, I see, I was not.
Speaker 4: I was not that stuff.
Speaker 1: I went to Playboy Mansion one time, but it wasn't like like something like that. It was just a big party that was going on outside, not even inside. It was outside by like the grotto and all that stuff. But I thought it was really cool. It was like when I first started on TV, it was probably twenty eleven, and I thought I was pretty dawn cool to be able to go to the Playboy mansion.
Speaker 4: It's true. And you could see all the animals. I mean he had like monkeys there and everything, and so you walk around the property. It's iconic, really, and so yeah, I thought that was kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking iconic, you've had You've been in reality TV since like the heyday, like when it was, you know, the first of its kind, and you've been in it, You've done so many things. What have you noticed that's been the biggest change from the early days of MTV where like essentially, you know, you and I have talked like you couldn't walk in you couldn't go anywhere, Like your life was completely upended with people, pictures, all that stuff. How it's transformed, Like what have you seen personally in the transition from the early.
Speaker 3: Days to now so much?
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, first off, social media. Whenever I first started doing television, it was message boards MTV message boards, so it wasn't in your face all the time. So we choose to go to the message board, which we had to do every once in a while just for you know, pr reasons, but you didn't have to you didn't open it up every day. So that's a huge thing. But also on the other end, I missed the boat on sponsorship deals, Instagram followers, TikTok, all this sudden stuff, So I never made money like that. I really really missed that boat. So yeah, I wish in some ways that they had social media back then.
Speaker 1: Well, when we get you on a housewives show, you'll get all those sponsorships.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know. I mean, they have been talking about New Orleans Housewives for so long. I'm not sure I've been hearing. I was interviewed once, but not again.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it. Yeah, I'm all for it. Like when you started reality TV, what year was it.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was even earlier than me. I think I started two thousand and eight. We had MySpace. Yeah, we had MySpace, which is pretty dawn cool. I thought at the rist.
Speaker 4: Time friendster my Space.
Speaker 1: I never did friends stir, but MySpace was my jam for sure.
Speaker 3: Did you both have castmates in your top eight on MySpace? Or were they just like family and friends.
Speaker 1: I like you to be able to play music on your MySpace.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I missed that. And then if you switched around the order of your top eight, it was like very like people get mad about it. You can always tell who was on your ship list by the order in which they.
Speaker 1: Were Chrischelle, you are literally an icon when it comes to reality TV, especially in the competition world. What influenced you to audition for your very first show and how did that happen?
Speaker 4: How to go down so I was in college. I had I was in my last semester at Southern miss and I was a sorority girl, you know, the whole thing. But I've always been competitive and it played sports my entire life. And I heard something on the radio that was an advertisement for a show called Loss in the USA, and it was a cop petition show going around the country doing you know, different games and everything, and it was like, you could win fifty thousand dollars and that was it. And back in you know, two thousand and one, that was a lot of money for me. I had about that in student loans, and so I was like, Oh, I'm going to audition for the show and I'm going to go on and I'm gonna win. I just thought it was so easy. I auditioned for the show, I got cast for the show, but then it got canceled. And so a couple months later, my phone rings from the same production company and they were like, did you ever think about doing the Real World? And I was like, I've watched it, but I never thought that I could be on it. I'm just some normal girl from Mississippi and or from Louisiana going to college in Mississippi. And so that's sort of how the ball got rolling.
Speaker 1: No regrets, regrets, any regrets. No, no, don't.
Speaker 4: I don't live like that. No.
Speaker 2: I So after you're on your first show and it's a huge hit, you know, your life definitely changes at that point. Did you foresee like the rest of your career like that you'd always have this presence on reality TV? Or like when you got off the show, what was what did you want to do next?
Speaker 4: So I wanted to just move to LA and have fun. I didn't want to like make money or do anything. I just kind of wanted to, Like, I had gotten a job waiting tables. I found my roommates on Westside Reynolds dot com. I was a very normal girl because at the time when I moved to LA, my show hadn't started airing yet. It was kind of delayed, and we had three months between the last when we lived in Vegas and then it started airing, so I didn't know how big it was going to be. So I just got a job waiting tables, and then the show started airing and I couldn't wait tables anymore because my manager basically fired me because I was getting recognized so much. I could not wait my tables, and so I was like, all right, this is the.
Speaker 1: Thing that's a true problem. Like I always say that to housewives. It's like, find a career. If you don't have a career while you're on Housewives, find something that you can make money, start a business, because when you're done with reality, you can't just go work at Nordstrom. You can't go wait tables.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, it was. It was really hard, and so I couldn't even do that. I couldn't even wait tables. So my dad was like, oh God, how are you going to make money? You know, he was all stressed out about me to be in twenty two living in LA and we started to do appearances that was whenever bar appearances just had started, and we started traveling a lot, doing like MTV spring Break, and then I got asked to do a challenge and they were like, whoa, she's kind of athletic. And I had gotten really messed up on that show. So I had to leave. But I was like, pretty hard, poor you.
Speaker 1: Got physically hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I flipped over a mountain bike until you're ride on a mountain and cracked my helmet in a half two black eyes, messed up my face? Oh shit, it was really really really gnarly accident.
Speaker 3: Now that you're okay, now, did they get that on? Is that on camera?
Speaker 1: Wants to know? Can we see it?
Speaker 4: No? And you know what, they were so pissed about it. They were like, this is why cameras need to be on them all the time. This is the time off day. Challenges used to have off days. They don't anymore because so much crazy stuff would happen when the cameras were down, So they quit doing that. So you now the cameras are twenty four to seven on you.
Speaker 2: How did they address your departure on the show? Did they show you like messed up?
Speaker 4: And oh god, yes, I had two black eyes. It's on the internet. I will send you that picture. I look like Sloth from the Goonies. Like my whole head was so messed up. It was crazy. I looked crazy and I didn't care. I was like, well, at least my whole face was sould and I was like, it looks enough to put on makeup for my interviews anymore. But I stayed and competed after I was messed up, because you did. Yeah, I tried, But then they were like, you can't. I was all bandaged and they were doing stuff and water and a trooper. Yeah. I tried hard.
Speaker 1: But do you have something coming up next? Are you going any new anything you would talk about?
Speaker 4: Like, No, I don't have any shows coming up next. But I have been like kind of well, I mean, they asked me to do two challenges since the Traders, and I said, Noah.
Speaker 1: Is it true that they asked you the challenge? What was it? Forty? Yeah, forty with CT and Johnny Yah, they didn't and you said no.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I was just like I heard that it was just going to be so hardcore and it was going to be in Thailand, and I wasn't sure our Vietnam actually one of the two. I just wasn't sure what the conditions were going to be. And I'm too spoiled now, like the living conditions mean a lot to me, and my privacy means a lot to me. I can't go back to that life anymore, especially after doing Traders. I feel like I was spoiled with reality TV.
Speaker 1: Is there good money to be made in the challenge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can. You can make good money. You get paid to go and then you you know can win a lot of money, but honestly, Tamra, I'm I'm at the point of my life where I don't. It's not that important to me. I don't need Yeah, husband, my husband does well. We have different businesses, you know, we have properties. I don't need the challenge money. And for me, I have to be happy when I'm filming something to do well. So I won't even waste anyone's time to go on a challenge and devote myself off the first day.
Speaker 1: Would you do big Brother?
Speaker 4: Yes, I would. Oh cool, because it's more cozy, right, it is.
Speaker 2: Very cozy, but mentally it's very it's a grind, you know.
Speaker 3: I think you would. I think you do very, very well.
Speaker 2: I just laugh because you're saying, like, you know, you're spoiled from the traders. And for people that didn't experience that compared to the challenge, can you explain how Peacock was different than MTV in particular in your experience.
Speaker 4: Oh, they spoke to you like humans and life care about you. It was just completely different. I love production. I thought that they were awesome. We did have breaks, we had off days. They fed us, you know when they should. They treated us you know, well, as far as mental health goes, they had like a person that you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was crazy. I've never experienced that before. People checking in with you all the time to check on your mental health.
Speaker 3: What do they do in the challenge?
Speaker 2: Then if they're talking like feeding you all the time, that's like a human need.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of basic human needs that are not met on challenges. That's why people are so miserable, like.
Speaker 3: Well, like like just give us one like, just give us one thing.
Speaker 2: You're like, I can't believe this happened, or this is happening, or this happened to me, to.
Speaker 4: Me, okay, personally, Uh, there was a challenge that I I cut my foot the very first sign I was there because two guys got into a physical altercation and a glass was broken and the glass was in the pool and I was swimming in the pool like living my life with a glass of wine. Cut my foot so bad. I was like, oh my god. I lifted my foot out of the pool, just just blood going everywhere. I was like, can someone help me? Can someone help me? Someone gives me a dirty towel that ten people have already used, put some on my foot and I'm asking for medical attention. They didn't even have like a medical person there. Finally, hours later, some medical person shows up, but there's thirty five people in the house. By the way, you drinking, you should have someone from medical like there. So anyway, somebody shows up. She's just like, I think you're fine. She didn't speak English very well. Long story short, no medical attention. Three days later, my foot's infected. It's red. Traveling on the other country, all the things that we do in the challenge are basically a dirty water. So I go. They finally bring me the hospital, but I had to beg to be seen. Go to the hospital, She's like, you are past the point to give you stitches. They gave me a tet and a shot, and then they tried.
Speaker 1: To like like have to cut the foot off.
Speaker 4: She was like, you cannot get it wet at all, Like, don't get it wet. You need to let it heal. And then I got in a huge fight with the producer. We both told each other to go f ourselves, screaming at each other in front of people in a lobby because I didn't want to do the challenge over water.
Speaker 1: Jesus, you would never find that in Bravo or Peacock. I've worked for both of them quite a few times. And there's medical there's I mean even on Housewives, if I go ride my motorcycle, they have like a medic there where I'm at. There's people that follow you like it's nuh uh, that's like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but also it's like we signed so much in those contracts that yeah, they're not I mean, somebody could sue, but I think that a lot of people just won't. I mean, thank god I have like my own health insurance. But I saw another girl that same challenge actually have an asthma attack and they were filming and no one was giving her an asthma pump. And then I saw another girl who had an allergy to like MSG that had a really horrible anaphylactic reaction and apparently she had to get an EpiPen on the way to the hot hospital, like they wouldn't even give her one in the house. It was just I saw some crazy stuff and it gave me anxiety.
Speaker 1: Remind me never to work for MTV.
Speaker 2: Well me, it's just because I've never like I've seen clips of the challenge, But why do people subject themselves to this? Has it like you can't be the only one that's like, hey, we shouldn't be treated this way?
Speaker 3: Or do the people that go on the challenge just don't care.
Speaker 4: Most of them, I'd say about eighty percent don't care. And that's why they get younger people, newer people. So the people, like, I'm surprised they even asked me, because I'm such a pain in the ass, I asked for a lot. I mean, like I want, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's being a pain in the ass, Like I feel like.
Speaker 1: Medic yeah, but you know you're worth yeah. And then I mean, Johnny Bananas has been doing it how many years now?
Speaker 4: And oh my just keep He and CT are fine. Actually I talked to CT after Challenge forty and he was like, oh my god, I wish I could have seen your face just by the living conditions and the bathrooms. He's like, you would have left. He said it was horrible, and I think he might be done.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh wow, I thought you're gonna say it's better and like you should have came.
Speaker 3: But no, it's like they haven't changed anything. That's wild, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he said it was really bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many people that do these competition shows, but they aren't memorable. People like you just they come, they go, but you you're sticking around. How did you manage to create success from these TV opportunities?
Speaker 4: I guess, well, Okay, in the beginning, it's because I was like the single girl who might make out with this guy or do this, you know, and kind of single girl thing. Those are always fun.
Speaker 1: The girl playboy, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That and you know who's she going to date this season and this whole thing. But then after that, you know, when I had a boyfriend or I was just just I think I don't have a problem telling someone to their face what I think about them, And a lot of people get nervous and they think it's going to affect their game. I don't care, actually, and like I I can't hold my tongue and so I think that got me into a lot of trouble but also gets people more attention, and so yeah, I think that's probably why. But there's also like I did what four or five challenges, one of them I got second place, and I really kicked ass on that show. So I mean I'm pretty athletic, Like I can, I can do it when I want to.
Speaker 3: Well, what's surprising?
Speaker 2: What surprising me is like, you know, you're extremely memorable, but the time we spent together on the show, I never felt like you were acting for attention. I'm like, Okay, this is mill just be and Chrichelle, you know, like, and I feel like there's got to be an element of authenticity with you, and I think that you know, I'm gonna speak for you. I feel like that kind of bleeds through with who you are. Everyone knows who you are because I feel like and tam Or you probably speak to this on the show as you're on. There's a lot of like posing of like this is who I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this bigness. Now, I agree with you down one hundred percent. When we met, I thought, you know, in the castle, I thought, oh my god, she's so sweet, she's so kind, she's so down to earth. And then you know, I'm like hearing people watch out for her. She's like a competition reality girl.
Speaker 4: Yes, but and you know, there were moments that I think that I was like not the kindest or nicest, but not not that I mean, I kind of am who I am. If it's game competition, then I will kind of say my piece. But yeah, I think that I'm pretty genuine as far as when I do these shows. I don't do it for fame. It's like a job for me. I treat it like a job really, and so a lot of it Like if it's a competition show, then I'm going over there to win, except for the challenges, but I'm not having fun and I just leave. I've hoded myself off challenges like three times.
Speaker 1: By the way, well you won, Traders. Let's talk about Traders a little bit. Who do you still talk to?
Speaker 4: I talked to Bergie, Sandra, Janelle, Peter, you guys kate every once in a while on Instagram. Who else? Peppermant, no, she will not speak to me, and you know, she spoke at Peter's house after the reunion. We spoke briefly and I thought that that everything was fine, and I was like, you know, I'm going to respect her space and I would really like to have a conversation with you. And she's like, Okay, I'm gonna write you like in a month or whatever because we're both going on trips. And she never did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was a hard time for you when you know that aired, and I remember talking with you and you're like, yeah, god, I'm getting so much hate, Like this is this normal? I'm like, yeah, Carl, that's Tuesday afternoon for me.
Speaker 4: You made me feel so good. My husband was like, call Tamra, Text Tamra. You have to know she because for sure she knows. And I was like, okay, So yeah, I asked you was normal. You're like, oh, yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's the downfall of social media nowadays with reality TV is like, holy the hate that you get is just insanity. And you didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know playing the game yea.
Speaker 1: And when somebody accidentally says I'm a trader, and it's early on in the show, yeah, you're like, if you're saying you're a trader, you're okay, I'm gonna vote for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean I definitely went hard for her, but I also went hard for other people too, and so yeah, I don't know. But whenever you told me that it was normal, I felt a sense of relief. But then I also felt like, oh my god, this is like the day and age that we live in, people are absolutely nuts what they'll say to you.
Speaker 1: You're like, what do I do? Do I make a statement? I'm like, nope, just let it tomorrow next week's episode. It'd be totally different. Now, great advice. Yeah, do you have any predictions for who you think might win season three?
Speaker 4: If you were a bet and girl, which I know you are, Yeah, you know what. I feel like they might get rid of the gamers pretty early now because this was such a big thing with our season was like gamers non gamers, that kind of thing, and so I feel like those people might go pretty early. I don't know, though, Uh who is I mean, who do you guys think? I'm trying to think who else? Who else is on it?
Speaker 1: I have I can't even remember. I know there's a few housewives on it. Delores, right, Dolores is on it. Then there's.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see Boston.
Speaker 1: Rob So you know that you the gamers, you're for the gamers. I'm there for the housewives, Derinda, Dolores, Chanelle, Robin. Then they had like Britney Spears's ex husband there see I could see Dolores and Robin doing well.
Speaker 4: Because I think that they're both like badasses but likable, but like might stay out of the drama a little bit.
Speaker 1: Did we have any athletes on this season?
Speaker 3: Mishelle? I know you like Big Brother. How do you think one of my favorites, Britney Haynes, is going to do Oh.
Speaker 4: I think she'll do well. She's actually I hope she stayed just for her soundbites. Really like, I think that she's really good in it and I always enjoy that. I think she'll do well, but she might pop off a little bit. She doesn't have to be careful. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So, so you won season two.
Speaker 2: What do you think allowed you to have success and win the whole show?
Speaker 3: What brought you that success?
Speaker 2: And looking back on everything you did, the moves you made, what do you attribute your success to.
Speaker 4: So I had a really really good mindset going in. I was just like so positive, and I feel like that really sets the tone for the rest of the show. And So I was reading this book called Unbroken, and it's about this like ex Olympic athlete who is like, you know, then he became a pow and he survived all these crazy obstacles in his life and all these crazy things. It's like a true survival book. It's also talks about his faith a lot. So every night when I got home from the castle, on the way back, I would go through my head what happened that day. I would immediately go and write it down in my notebook that everyone made fun of me for. I'd write it down. I'd take a shower, I would go through scenarios about what would happen the next day. Then I would go read a chapter of my book, and then I would pray, and then I'd go to bed and I would have the same exact thing the next so repetition.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I was very, very just dialed in and focused. And I did that every single night that I got home, and in that order, and it just I think, what time did you get home depends because sometimes you have to stay there so late, I know.
Speaker 1: So it's like not you have to sacrifice your sleep to strategize your game exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to me to hear say, okay, you took your notes, but then you took the next step and ran essentially like simulations or potential outcomes and probabilities in your head, which leads us to you're now like your professional poker player.
Speaker 3: How did you jump? Where did that come about for you?
Speaker 2: Because that's a fairly big jump to go from like, you know, early days of MTV to you know, being a staple on.
Speaker 3: The poker circuit and the female stuff.
Speaker 4: I started playing poker just recreationally about when I was twenty five, I think, and then I started doing these local in Los Angeles charity tournaments and kind of these home games at people's houses, like Mark Wohlberg had a home game like all these other people, right, and so it was pretty fun to play with people, but it was more light and lighthearted. Well, then I kind of started doing really well in the in the charity poker turnament circuit, and a couple of pros had realized that and they were like this one. Annie Duke is like.
Speaker 3: This shit's like a legend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the legend. She's one of the best poker players in the world. So she sat down and talked to me and kind of gave me a couple of lessons. Phil Locke is another one. Yeah. So actually Jennifer Tilly is Philock's girlfriend, and she's going to be on the next Beverly Hills Housewife.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's a connection, and all roads lead back to Bravo.
Speaker 1: All roads lead back to Bravo. Now, because you are in the gambling world, we can call it that. Have you followed the gambling scandal on Orange County, Oh with Otani? I think it's his name, the baseball player.
Speaker 4: But I heard about it, but I wasn't. I did not realize that that was related to some or that was a.
Speaker 1: Husband of boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Boyfriend? Is Kate Katies? Is that her name? No, Jen, I did not realize that was the same person because I had heard about this before. Is this really? Is he going to jail? Like what?
Speaker 1: We don't know. We don't know, you don't know. There's an FBI investigation.
Speaker 4: That's really crazy.
Speaker 3: Let me pivot from the FBI. One more poker question for you.
Speaker 2: So, as you play in these poker tournaments, you start to do while you're I kind of look as like iron being sharpened and sharpen. Yeah, what what have you been able to take from that? And did you what are those skills did you use in the traders to win? So I feel like you were like low key. I feel like no one there really knew the depth of your poker You know acumen. Yeah, do you remember scenarios or times and you're like, okay, this is like I've done this before, but with cards or you know, lean down your skills.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one hundred percent, like round tables, like keeping your cool and stuff, because like there's something in poker you can tell when people are breathed. I mean I did it the other day when I was playing poker. Whenever I was in a hand with someone, I could tell that he was nervous and he was bluffing me because I could see his heart beating out of his chest. And you know, Dan, whenever people were calling you out at the roundtable, I looked at you and I could see the same thing, Like I could see like your chest, like you're breathing and stuff. And it's just like little things you can look at people. So I did use some of that at the round table. But my whole thing is like I love to be underestimated sometimes and are like I hate, don't underestimate me. I'm like, please underestimate me, please. I love to prove people wrong and I like to surprise people, like go ahead, please think that I'm stupid, think that you know I suck at this well, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think anybody thinks you're stupid. But anyways, but I will tell you, if I didn't know all of this and I just met you at the castle in Scotland, I would be like, oh my god, she's so sweet, she's so kind, Like is she gonna make it far? Because she's just so sweet? And I'm like now no, And I'm like damn yeah, I'm like, what's next? Are you an assassin? Like what is going on to me?
Speaker 4: Like, there's a difference between like being sweet in your everyday life and being like a kind person and then like going hard in gameplay. And I enjoy competition. I really do in all aspects.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm kind of like that, although it's not a competition. Well that's kind of a competition. On Housewives. Is like just very sweet and kind at home and kind of have a little bit of social anxiety and don't talk that much, and then as soon as the camera comes out or the microphone and I'm like, game on, let's do this.
Speaker 4: But that's how I know that you guys would be so good at the roundtable, because I feel like every episode of the Housewife is like a round tables.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, when did you find out that Dan was a trader?
Speaker 4: That Dan was a trader.
Speaker 3: I've always talked about her winning.
Speaker 1: When did you figure out? Was it early on in the game, was it later in the game, or did you know?
Speaker 4: Okay? Uh? Janelle told me pretty early on she had a good feeling that Dan was a trader, and I was just like, well, I don't know. That seems so obvious, like because he's like a legend, and that just seems too obvious for me that they would have him as a trader. And then when I talked to Dan, he refused to give me a name. Okay, all right, So to me, I was like, okay, there's something up with that guy, like no way like and then I was just like, Dan, you're gonna have and so yeah, I kind of started.
Speaker 1: Were you checking his heartbeat at any given moment to make sure he wasn't.
Speaker 4: Lying whenever everybody was coming at him at that roundtable, I knew for sure.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god. One podcast we had together, we were like, let's talk about your exit speech. Dan. He's like, let's not.
Speaker 3: So. So you did a phenomenal job in Traders.
Speaker 2: It was fun to watch I felt like, you're very calculated, especially like post mortem, right like when I'm watching the show, You're very calculated. I felt like you did a phenomenal job and you deserve to win. But I, you know, not to bring up drama, but at the end, what was your take on dealing with gamers versus non gamers?
Speaker 3: And then where does that stand?
Speaker 4: Now? Wait? What do you mean which part?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: So you won the show?
Speaker 2: And then there were some people who are like, Okay, this is a game, and there are some people who are like.
Speaker 4: Okay, you talking about MJ.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like you talking about MJ.
Speaker 4: Yes, what is my take on it? Okay, I do understand someone like MJ who doesn't come from like a gaming background. For her, it was like a shocking and very cutthroat and manipulative move that you know what happened at the end. But to me, like I said before, I really did think that CT could be a trader. So that's kind of and once I threw the pouch and I couldn't take it back, so I had to. I had to vote her out when I thought was a trader, Yeah, I thought he could have been recruited later on. So but I mean, that's just kind of the name of the game. And it's like people are mad at Suri for the same thing. But it's that's just how it goes. And so you're never going to win a show and it be completely clean. I mean, Dan, you know from Big Brother, people had beef with you as well and said said things, and it's just that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: Like where do you stand with m J now? She told me that she.
Speaker 4: Was gonna unblock me, but I haven't checked. I don't know if she did or not. We talked in LA. She was fine, she was completely fine.
Speaker 3: I think you both share a character trait.
Speaker 2: You guys are both very authentic, genuine and kind and sweet people.
Speaker 3: But that is not mutually exclusive from playing a game hard.
Speaker 2: You know, like just because you played hard doesn't mean you're not sweet, kind, authentic in those things. So as you move forward from this, because I think the next competition show you're going to be on, I think the gigs up, Like you can't like you can't hide under this, like, oh, I'm just nice to shell anymore because people that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like a killer. You've done You've you slayed a bunch of peace assassin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there should be a competition show about assassins.
Speaker 4: Well, people forget I think that, like because I don't talk about it a lot, that I have done all these challenges and that I did, like if I really want to win something, I'll win it. Like I won Fear Factor and I was like the last woman standing on a wrestling show with like you know, a bunch of people, the whole Cogan Wrestling show. I've done this stuff and like.
Speaker 3: Wait, what show is that?
Speaker 4: It was called Celebrity Wrestling Championship and obviously did not go anywhere. It was on CMT a long time ago. It was pretty funny, like Fear Factor.
Speaker 1: But Fear Factor, Oh my god, that's one show that that did you have? When'd you have to eat?
Speaker 4: I didn't have to eat anything. I told I would not. I said I'm not eating anything, and they did not make anybody eat stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I said with Traders that I'm claustrophobic. I'm not being buried alive. It ain't happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was surprised they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: I know no way.
Speaker 2: So shall I have to ask about the Bravo crossover? So my wife's watching. She always watches Bravo and all of a sudden, like below decks on. I'm like, oh, trisall like how does that happen?
Speaker 1: Like how you everywhere?
Speaker 4: I filmed that before Traders? Okay I did, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then how does that work? Like how do you? How do you end up on below Deck?
Speaker 4: So I can't believe it took them a year to air the show. So we filmed it like last summer, and this is before I even found out for sure that I was going to do The Traders. And my friend Brittany was like, you know, let's she was looking into yachts like in Greece, and she was like, it's actually like a little bit better of a deal if we go on below deck. You still have to pay for it, but like it's a little little better of a deal. And she's like, wouldn't it be a fun experience? And I was like, I don't think they're gonna pick us to be on below deck because she did America's Next Top Model. She's one of my best friends, and I did Real World. I was like, I don't think that they want like all these other shows on below deck, but they totally did. They were like, oh my god, we had so much fun. I'm so glad that they didn't show a lot of our last night that we were on there. We all got like blackout drunk.
Speaker 1: I don't know, HOLLI.
Speaker 4: Didn't show Wow, Captain Sandy told me to go to bed.
Speaker 1: Don't you love Captain Sandy?
Speaker 4: She is the best. I absolutely adored her. She's so cool and she's so pretty in person. Wow, I didn't expect she's like flawless.
Speaker 2: Michelle Tamer had a question to ask you about below Deck, but she's a little bashful to ask.
Speaker 3: What remember you? You were asking you?
Speaker 2: Like, Dan, should I ask to Selle how much it cost to go below deck?
Speaker 3: And I said, I don't know if we should ask her that. You don't remember that?
Speaker 1: So foolish, Dan, you said that can you.
Speaker 3: Give us a window? Could you give us a window?
Speaker 2: Like roughly, I don't know how much it costed charter yeat like much because they asked.
Speaker 1: Me to do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so okay, I don't know about how much it was for you. I think for us it was about like twenty five thousand per couple for like two days. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you know.
Speaker 1: And then we tipped that like twelve thousand a person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wes for two days, right, and then I think they had three day ones, but we didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Was the every day that that well, I'd never end up doing it because I had to do Ultimate Girl. I did Ultimate Girls strip instead. But I was always concerned because when we film our reality show, you know, Housewives, there's no music. You have to you know what I mean. It's like, is it really there's any party if there's no music.
Speaker 4: There's no music. But we were so entertained by there was just constant food, constant drinks, and the toys, and they kept you so entertained that you didn't realize.
Speaker 1: How much out of the day did you actually film, because the show is really based on you know, the people on the crew. Oh the crew.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so they filmed. They filmed us pretty all a lot, I guess. But then they took our mics at like eleven pm. They would just take your mic and be like, if you're gonna go to bed, just pretend like you're gonna go to bed, and then go back up if you want to hand out, like they didn't care. But and then they have stationary cameras like in case something crazy happens like someone breaks their neck or whatever whenever everyone's asleep. But yeah, it's so Yeah, it's not that much. I didn't think it was that expensive for all what we got. Yeah, and then we paid it actually to watch it.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it was like normal. But it's funny to see my husband on TV because he's like a normal guy. And I was like, I got so excited. I was like, there's John, Like, I mean kind of you probably felt the same way with Eddie.
Speaker 1: How is he when the cameras came up? Was he natural? Was he nerve? Was he stilly? Like just himself?
Speaker 4: He was a natural. He was good. I actually think that he liked the camera. I was like, oh, you're one of those.
Speaker 1: I was like, babe, when's our next reality show?
Speaker 4: I think he would do one. Honestly, he enjoyed it. He thought it was really cool.
Speaker 1: Well, if you come move to Orange County, you know, we're always looking for good cast members.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I could think of a few on your show that I'd like to take the place, though, just because I'm done watching them.
Speaker 1: I came to that spot spot as well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of next shows, are there any competition shows that you haven't done yet that you're like, I would love to play and compete in this.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, I actually was talking to someone. I don't even know if I should say this. Well, I did talk to someone about Deal or No Deal Island too, but they took someone else and I won't say who it is from our traders cast on it and so so when someone else is doing it, which I'm very excited to watch this person, but I think I would do so well in Deal and o'deal Island because it's a lot of statistics as well as competition, and I'm good with statistics. Hello poker, And so I was like, damn, I'm so bunks. I feel like I could have won that show. But whatever, next season maybe yeah, maybe next season. But big Brother would be like I love Big Brother so much?
Speaker 1: Wrong with you? Who want to stay in a house for however long month? Two months with people you don't really know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I like the mental aspect of it because I see people really falling apart on that show, and I find it very interesting when people can't mentally handle stuff. I like it.
Speaker 1: Do you use your expertise in gaming with your husband and your relationship you too, Dan, is that something you use like? I feel like I don't know that i'd want to be married to a gamer. They can really play you.
Speaker 3: I can say this really quick story.
Speaker 2: So when I drove my kids and I dropped them off at summer camp today, and they know when they're in the car with dad, they get like a little.
Speaker 3: Fruit flavored tiktach.
Speaker 2: So I have a seven or eight year old six year old and my two year old daughter, and so I get my all tiktak and they all think it's funny. And then all of a sudden, my my daughter starts crying. She's like, Dad, I drop my tic tech. I dropped my tic tech. I turn around to give her another one. She smiles at me, opens her hand and she has the other one in there. So she played me for two tic tacks. I think it might be genetic. But do you do like you if you want to get something done, Y's like gamesmanship, not manipulation.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I.
Speaker 4: Don't I don't have to manipulate my husband because he never tells me no. He always says yes. But I mean he thinks it's so cool that I play poker. And he wants to learn, and he's always like, teach me, teach me. But I'm like, no, you were a fighter pilot, you did all this cool stuff in your life, Like, let this be my cool thing. So I don't even want him to learn because he's very, very smart, and I know that he would like end up killing it. So I'm like, no, like, let me have my thing and you do your thing.
Speaker 2: So Shishaw, as we wrap things up here, You've had an amazing reality TV career and you've done so many different things and you've been ever like pivot and do pretty much.
Speaker 3: Whatever you've wanted.
Speaker 2: What at this point in your life, what does success look like to you now? And what continues to push you and what are you shooting for?
Speaker 4: Ah? I mean, I feel like I already was on and won the greatest show that's on TV right now. I mean, y'all for Emmy is like that's I know. So it's so exciting just to be a part of the show. And so I'm like, am I gonna get another show that's better than this? I don't know. I mean, uh, I think that I would love to do more television and even if it's a show that's non that's reality, that's non competition. I would love to do that as well. I would love a Housewives show. I mean I told Andy that, He's like, we'll see, but yeah, I would love that. I think it'd be fun and I just want to And then I use some of my money to invest in a medical company from the traders that I won. So I'm kind of diversifying a little bit because we were we talked about this Dan that we were doing real estate stuff and now I'm kind of doing medical stuff.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, you know, you've been on a lot of competition shows, You've won a lot of money. Is there something that you do, Like do you like I'm going to take X amount and you know, buy something nice for myself or I invest it or because there's so many people that win prizes and they just shit their money away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, investing is really what I'm focused on right now, investing and doing like little small business opportunities here and there. I really am more focusing on kind of being an entrepreneur more. And you know, my sister in law just started a winery, so we'll probably be doing stuff with that. And so yeah, there's like a lot of opportunities, but I always buy myself nice things like you should see in my closet right now across.
Speaker 1: Keep moving girl. Yeah yeah. If you can give one piece of advice to listeners who are interested in auditioning for the Challenge or Traders or Big Brother or anything like that, what would it be?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I think, uh, don't try too hard. I feel like now the people on there, they try so hard, and in their audition tapes, it's just like, really be yourself. If you are having a day where you don't want to be like super, you know, over the top, then show that, and you know, then your next interview you might feel differently and they'll be like, oh, this person is not faking the whole time. I don't know. It's hard because I don't know what they look for now. I don't even know why I'm still on telepone.
Speaker 1: I think that's great. Is it don't try? That's actually what got me cast on Housewives is I just didn't try. Like they're like, here's an application, it's seven hundred and ninety two pages, go ahead and fill it out and submit it. I'm like, then they call me, did you fill it out? I'm like, no, okay, well we still want to see you. Okay, you know, it's just didn't.
Speaker 4: That's exactly me for the real world. It took me months to fill out. They were like all they were like, you were cast. All you have to do is fell out the paperwork and just like film a video to show that you tried. And it took me so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I was just like, no, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I'm not going to break my back trying to prove that, you know, I'm the girl that you want. But Dan asked you about what success looks to your life, and you answered that now has the idea of success changed from when you've gotten older gained more life experience.
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I think so because I did shit away a lot of my money in the beginning. When I was telling you earlier about how I did all these appearances and everything. In my twenties, I made so much money I could own a house in Los Angeles right now, and all I did was take my friends on trips and pay money thirty thousand dollars for a table in Vegas with a bunch of bottles for strangers. I think, good girl, really really stupid things with my money, And I think that what I would tell any right now is to like be smart, invest and be careful, don't just like go crazy in the beginning. So yeah, I think back and I'm like, I could have done so much more.
Speaker 3: But was there a moment when You're like, I got to stop this or I mean it's yeah, like somebody, yeah, spending like thirty thousand dollars for a night out or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whenever they stopped paying me five grand for appearances and they started people were doing it for five hundred, and I realized that they could get three people for the price of one, and I was like, oh, maybe I should have saved my money.
Speaker 1: I've done that too, Like I spent fifty thousand dollars for a house and actually my husband did it for my birthday, but fifty thousand for a house in Cabo, Like this giant house invited like twenty people to come and celebrate my birthday.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, but it's I bet it was epic though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like, you know, sometimes it's nice to do something like that. It's fun, but I rarely nowadays, like I'm like you. I just I don't give a shit if people think I'm dirt ass poor or I'm just investing my money and I'm not the girl that shows up, you know, with drenched in Chanelle or Gucci. I'm like, not, you know what, I wear my clothes once on the show once exactly. Yeah, I'm gonna put my money where it's gonna make me money.
Speaker 4: That's not important. And you know it's funny. It's like a lot of the girls that I hear that are interviewing for New Orleans Housewives or whatever, these are the girls that really it's like you're wearing every dime you.
Speaker 1: Have, right, That's like one of my biggest pet peeves are actually like girls that come on the show franchises all over for Housewives, and they're wearing Faketionel and they're wearing like, if you're gonna wear Fictionel, make sure Chanel makes that yeah, because you look you look ridiculous.
Speaker 4: That is so crazy to me. Yeah, I mean I'd rather just wear she and than fake Chanel.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I say. I'd rather go to Target than Yeah. Yeah, Well, thank you so much, Dan, Do you have any more questions?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just learning about like now, I'm like, I'm it's a learning experience every podcast, and I'm glad I'm here to just soak.
Speaker 3: It all in. And I learned. I've learned about extensions. I've learned today about glitter in the eyes. You know, I've learned a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, you have an extensions. I'm like, do you think this shit's real?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't it be? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have a question for you guys. So, Tamra, after doing The Traders, and I wish to god that you would have stayed longer. I was so bummed whenever you left. You left because you're very competitive too. Do you think that you would do another competition type show? Oh?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: Being away from my house and my family for you know, three to four weeks is tough for me. And I knew that going in, and I kind of had myself psyched out and I was scared and nervous. I don't know that I'll do one like that. I could do. I would do like a physical competition show. I just wish they'd give you your damn phone like I had. I still have a daughter at home, you know, in businesses and it's like very hard to disconnect and go another country where you're so far away with zero communication. That's the toughest part for me. The the physical part of it I love, I absolutely love, and then the mind. I can do that all day long.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what I told Andy when I last time I did watch What Happens Live, I said, I want you to do a challenge, but for housewives, like a Housewives game.
Speaker 1: I've been saying that forever. I've been saying that it needs to happen. I would I would do the House of Villains. I would do that.
Speaker 3: Oh you villain everyone.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but there's like, yeah, like Teresa was on it, she's not exactly a villain. Like there's like there's other housewives that have done it, and I think it's like it's a little bit more relaxed. You're not there as long you're in LA, you're allowed to use your phone like something like that. I would feel more comfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, I would love it to see you on that. Dan, what about you? No more? Big brother?
Speaker 2: I mean I feel very very much the way you do about the Traders is like, you know, I love my time my big brother but Peacocks set the bar so high, and it's like, unless it's that or better.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that they'll have like an all Star Traders and both of you guys will be on it.
Speaker 4: You too, No too, no longer.
Speaker 1: I was there like four episodes sicker than a dog. So you see that's why you need to say i'd have PTSD going back. Oh well, thank you guys so much. Yes, it was great catching up. When you're gonna come out this way anytime soon?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully soon.
Speaker 2: My question real quick, do you think like if we ask for one of the because I think they're gonna win multi Emmies, do you think we can ask for them to like slice one of them up into twenty pieces?
Speaker 3: That's a fair question.
Speaker 1: We just get a mini, give us a mini, yes, like a little cute one, like a key chain version. I mean, it is pretty damn cool to be on a cast that's in a show that's nominated for an Emmy and you know they're gonna win. Yeah, they won last year?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Do they win last year too?
Speaker 3: They're just nominated.
Speaker 4: I think they're just nominated one.
Speaker 1: Well, it just win in this year, and I have a hard time believing they're going to be able to beat the cast they had for season two.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that too. Everyone keeps asking me that as well, and I just but, you know what, I'm not sure how you guys felt. I didn't know that it was going to be such a huge success when I was there. I remember being at the round table a couple times and being like, God, THEA sure just say that. I was like, that's hysterical or just like thinking these things, But I wasn't sure how everybody else would receive it. So, I mean, maybe this cast might surprises with the dynamics between them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope it does.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see. I'm excited. I'll be watching. Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. We appreciate you taking the time to us.
Speaker 4: I miss y'all, Tamara. I want to come visit you guys in Big Bear.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me know when. I love that, let me know when.
Speaker 3: Thanks Chelle, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you much.
Speaker 1: By great week back