Speaker 1: Hi, Sabrina. Hey, will have you ever taken really powerful hallucinogenic drugs? Okay? I was just checking today. This was nuts. I mean I don't even know, I can't even this was nuts.
Speaker 2: Like I was in it for like a good while.
Speaker 1: Were you yes?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, we got magic, Okay, we've got imagination. The hardest part for me, I will say, I guess kind of early thoughts was like if this was a cast of just children, it wouldn't be easy to easy to grasp this idea of these adults. This was into this absolute garbage.
Speaker 1: And like, yeah, it's the Ana Na. Yes, well you know what, I'm not even gonna hold off anymore. Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS and your popcorn and go back to a time one all the houses are smart, the waves, tsunamis, and the LSD only lasted six hours.
Speaker 2: I will have Sabrina, Brian.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody buckle up, because we go. We have hit the balloon movie.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 1: That's right. The tunnel of the Disney Original movies is long, but eventually we were always going to hit the balloon movie there's no way around it. So yes, the time has come. Today we recapped the nineteen ninety nine Fever Dream Fever, Dream LSD, Trip, meth induced coma, whatever you want to call it. Balloon Farm. It premiered on March twenty ninth, nineteen ninety nine, on ABC as part of the Wonderful World of Disney series and was based on the Night ninety four kids book titled Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm by I think it's Jaredan Nolan. I hope I'm saying that right or Jaredan Nolan. Nolan has written a ton of kid in young adult books, one about the life of Tony Morrison, another about the Underground Railroad, and most recently, she co wrote a children's book called Layla, The Last Black Unicorn with comedian Tiffany Adish. Now, the book that this movie was based on was much simpler and a very basic kid story, So the film added a bunch of magical elements and just added to the whole plot the talking balloons. I'm gonna say that again, so everybody's with me. The talking balloons and the evil corporation trying you buy land for a toxic dump. Those are added for the movie, and like most Wonderful Old Disney installments, had originally aired with an introduction from CEO Michael Eisner, who in this case talked about the history of hot air balloons. And that must have been a real barnburner of a segment, especially because there are no hot air balloons in the movie, all right.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was gonna be such a huge aspect of this.
Speaker 1: Nothing I didn't.
Speaker 2: My thing on YouTube didn't show any of that part, but just with the name being a balloon, like, I was thinking, like, this was gonna be a hot air balloon, going, wow, that's kind of been really hard.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, shoot that I figured the same thing, But nope, it wasn't. It was just a bunch of okay, well, we'll get into it, and it would eventually get the DVD Walt Disney Home Video treatment in two thousand and four. And of course, elephant in the Room here is that. Yes, the main character's name is Harvey Potter, early close to that famous wizard student. Now some trivia here, the main character in the movie Troll, a nineteen eighty six horror movie, is actually named Harry Potter, and that was well before the books existed. I'm not sure what you're gonna do with that trivia, but you have it, so do with it what you will. I'm gonna beat the bloom Farm on this one. I don't think I even have to ask had you heard of this movie before it came out? Not at all before we have to put it out for our homework meeting either.
Speaker 2: And this would really have been like Mara Wilson like, this would have been in my wheelhouse for sure, and I just happened to miss it.
Speaker 1: Dango, Well, that might not be the worst thing. You can get equated with Balloon Farm right now for free on YouTube, because like almost all the Wonderful World of Disney movies, it is not available on any streaming service. But just search for a Balloon Farm and click on the full movie option. Don't pick the half movie or the quarter movie option. Those won't help. But if they do offer the one tenth version, it's not an awful option. Just avoid the five tenths version because that's just another way of saying half. I learned that the hard way. So you can watch it now, watch it later, but again, watch it in full or maybe just don't watch it. So let's turn lemons into lemonade and listen closely to our corn. This is the synopsis. When Harvey s Potter descends upon a drought stricken farmland, he begins to grow a mysterious, beautiful crop of balloons. That's it, That's what we got, Sabrina, What did you think, girly thoughts? What do you think of the film?
Speaker 2: I mean, this movie was that crazy, yep, and I had high hopes for it. The cast where you know we're about to get into guys, you're gonna even gonna believe who's in this movie.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 2: The cast is insane, The movie is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love how you avoided whether you actually liked it or not, I'm the same exact way. This was not a good movie. I will say it right out.
Speaker 2: It is no being negative.
Speaker 4: That's somebody.
Speaker 1: There's nothing there, there's nothing to be It's not about being negative. I mean, it's just it's it's this movie is so weird. Scenes that just end like this, they just stop scenes where it's hey, oh okay, we're doing something else now, and it's just the strangest Oh okay, we'll get into it. Yes, the cast is incredible, and we'll get into all that.
Speaker 4: It's just like it's great.
Speaker 1: Is wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm going to the point where I'm like, wow, wonderful world. It like, look at you booking these like big names, right, huge, huge, so awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean okay.
Speaker 2: I felt like almost the entire cast was recognizable, whether.
Speaker 1: You have the time, I feel like, did they read it and go, yeah, oh I'm in right because A right?
Speaker 2: That made it so strange? Or was the first script?
Speaker 1: Was it was? It brought some of the actors seemed like they were acting in a different movie than the other actors were, Like like the guy playing the sheriff was doing his whole thing all by himself, and the.
Speaker 2: Sheriff was a main was the main character that the movie was actually about.
Speaker 1: So weird anyway, okay. It was directed by William Deer, who began his career in TV and music videos, working with artists like Cheap Trick and Michael McDonald, and on the movie side, he directed the hit film Harry and the Henderson's then went on to helm the Richard Rico Great Awesome Richard Greco movie of Looks Could Kill, as well as two family favorites Disney's Angels in the Outfield and the JTT Vehicle Wild America. He also wrote a classic that really has withstood the test of time, The Rocketeer. So these wide world films really brought in some directing talent. And speaking of talent, here we go the movie stars. Rip Torn a comedy legend. He's probably best known to our audience as the supervisor Z in the Men in Black Movies. By the way, we have to put him in the Coleman Reynolds chair because he's just phenomenal. Yes, yeah, but he also played Arthur and The Larry Sanders Show and Jim Brody in The Insane Movie with Just a Horrible title Freddie got fingered. But his credits go on and on, from Defending Your Life, which is arguably the greatest movie ever made, to Thirty Rock, to Wonder Boys, to the Voice of Zeus and Hercules to Summer Rental. He was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor in nineteen eighty four for the movie Cross Creek. Rip Torn was the best. I mean, his career is amazing, and he passed away in twenty nineteen at the age of eighty eight. And then Mara Wilson is Willow Johnson. Mara will forever be known as Matilda in the nineteen ninety six film adaptation of the role dull children's book, but she also starred in Missus, Doubtfire, and Miracle thirty fourth Street, the remake of that film. Of course, she was a very very recognizable child star in the nineteen nineties and the very talented in other words, talent after talent after talent. Laurie metcalf is Casey Johnson. She is a multi time award winning stage and screen actress, best known as Jackie on one of the most celebrated sitcoms of all time, Roseanne. She would reprise the role on the Connors reboot and is also the voice of Andy's mom in the Toy Story movies. She appeared in Scream two and returned for the recently released Scream seven. All she wasn't killed in any of those movies.
Speaker 2: She's also in one of my favorite shows and I'm like, planking.
Speaker 1: Nice, so good, that's how good it is.
Speaker 2: No Big Bang Theory. She plays Sheldon's mom and she's amazing in that.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, never seen Big Bang Theory, but I hear it's great.
Speaker 2: She's incredible, She's so funny.
Speaker 1: We've got Frederick Lane, a veteran character actor with a four decade career in Hollywood. He plays Jake Johnson. He's best known as the yellow eyed demon Azel in Supernatural, but was also in Ordinary People, Zero, Dark Thirty, Doctor Death, and Mancuzo FBI and beloved cult character actor Robert Blossom plays Weasel Mayfield. Blossom is best known to just about everyone in the world as the misunderstood, cranky neighbor Old Man Marley in Home Alone. Then we've got Neil McDonald, who plays the Sheriff. McDonald would go on to become a highly esteemed actor, most notably in HBO's Band of Brothers mini series, but he also appeared in Captain America, Arrow and Minority Report. And then we've got Ernie Lively as Tom Williams. And I love this decom connection because Ernie is the dad of Blake Lively and Robin Lively, a former Magical rewind guest who appeared in a wide world of movie just as weird as this one, Fuzzbucket. I don't know which one.
Speaker 2: It should should have. That is just too much's amazing it I Cannot Take It.
Speaker 1: I Love It. Lively appeared alongside his daughter Blake in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and was seen on Hill Street Blues, The X Files, and Seinfeld. He passed away in twenty twenty one at the age of seventy four. And another familiar name to Magical rewind listeners, Adam Wiley, is Charles Adam was a guest here on the pod for his work in the first dcom ever, nineteen ninety seven's Under Wraps, and appeared in the recent Modern Day remake. He also starred in another dcom that was also that Crazy Can of Worms, just Nutsy movie after Nutsy. So we know this movie sounds weird, but does it run weird? And by that, I mean how long is it? We love the target number here on the podcast, and that number is ninety minutes, no more, no less. So Balloon Farm rings in at eighty nine minutes, one off the mark, but in the right direction, So we salute the film. It almost hit the target. Well we'll salute it for that anyway, because it almost knows the target. And on the writing side, author Gerdin Nolan got her story credit, but writer Stephen Karzinski I believe is how you say his name was the screenwriter. This was Stephen's own only writing credit. But I did find an article from twenty twenty two about how he wrote a movie called Vent that was going to be made by acclaimed director Florian Henkle Von Doner's Mark from the Live of Others. But maybe that never came to fruition. I don't know because we haven't seen it. And now, oh, I'm sorry, I'm speaking balloon but trust me, I said, let's get into Balloon Farm. We open with our title on the screen, and that's already kind of funny with our credits. We open on a truck driving by a sign that reads this is Waterston Grow with us population two fifty six, Where with the Johnson family in the fields outside their home. A young girl named Willow is sitting on a fence with her mom and her dad and they're fixing their tractor. Willow's mom, Casey, asked Willow, if the trees are pleasing purple, what color would the fields be. Willow responds, the fields are bloom and blue and the sky is yelling yellow. And yes, it's possible that they are also on acid. And this is when my tabs started to kick in. Casey now asks, and the people Willow's bond's grassy green, and they share a laugh. For dad, Jake steps in, I think you're talking about Weasel Mayfield there. Willow clarifies the green people aren't farmers, Daddy. They're different than us. Jake jokes they're rich. Then with that, Willow jumps off the fence to find mercy and Charles now alone. Casey asks her husband, so what do you think a concern? Jake answers, two maybe three weeks. If it don't rain by then, the seeds are not going to grow. And yes, we see the fields are very, very dry. Now with that in mind, we're at the city water reserve. Tom and Weasel noticed that the water level is just about to hit low. It's worse than they all thought. We're now at the local cafe. Maggie, the waitress is pouring coffee for customers, and the mayor, Gus Boyd, takes his cup. The sheriff is sitting in his booth eating pie when he sees a truck from earlier driving into town. He opens the blinds and closes them angrily. Miss Maggie, that'll be an iou on the pie, and then he rushes out to his car. And he's playing such a weird character. The truck it's so big again, it's like he's in a different movie. The truck passing the city water Reserve when the sheriff turns on his sirens. We're now on the side of the road. The over zealous sheriff gets out of his car just a few feet away. Willow finds Marcy and Charles hiding behind the rock watching everything go down. The sheriff caught a crook. The cop approaches the driver's side window. Willow goes further up the hill to get a closer look, and the driver IDs himself as Harvey H. Potter. It's either S Potter or H. Potter, but it's Harvey Potter. We see that he also spots Willow in the process. The sheriff explains that he's in an unregistered vehicle and will need to impound it. Willow is now standing right outside the other side of the car, and Harvey starts talking about his incredible Peacan pie while looking directly at Willow and with a little I guess magic which we never explain in any of this, which is fine he turns one pecan into a piping hot pie. Do you say pecan or pecan, Sabrina?
Speaker 2: Pecan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, I think, but I said p can. I don't know. I hate pie anyway, so I don't care. Yeah. The sheriff, oblivious the whole time, hands over this. It smells the fresh peacan dessert. Harvey gives the pie to the sheriff, and in turn, since Harvey is new in town, the officer won't pound his car after all. He tells Harvey to have a nice pie. Huh, and the mystery man speeds off, with the sheriff realizing he's still holding the citation. We're now back in the fields. It impressed Willow, Charles and Marcy chase after Harvey's car. They don't believe Willow about the magical pie. Charles thinks that maybe he is inhuman, and Marcy wonders if he's an alien neighbor. Weasel greets Harvey and warns him there's nothing growing on their lands. Harvey still tries to introduce himself, but Weasel doesn't care. He has been in the mad mood ever since the drought, and this guy just always plays cranky old man Charles fills up a water balloon and dares Willow to throw it at Weasel. Willow accepts the challenge and throws it but misses horribly, like doesn't even come close and just hits Harvey dead center of the chest. Instead. Weasel yells at the kids and they run off. Weasel tells Harvey he doesn't know what he's doing in town, but it better not involve water. Harvey chuckles and examines the broken water balloon, And so did that give him the idea? Did he already know what he was going to do? What?
Speaker 2: I don't know? I mean at this point, what's so early on? You're kind of like, okay, we're going to find that out, just but we don't joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, sometimes it's like magic for magic's sake, but it's like at least explain it a bit anyway, right.
Speaker 2: And it's also like like the pecan pie kind of is irrelevant, Like he's not he does that with everything he does.
Speaker 4: Lemons he does it with the coffee thing.
Speaker 2: It's all kind of just.
Speaker 1: So why can't if he can take a lemon and make lemonade without water, and he can take a coffee bean and make coffee without water. And if he can make balloons without anything, why can't he just take a drop of water and make a lot of water?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, why did it have to be this whole big shindig about balloons?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Right, okay, Well, thank you so much for joining us in this episode of Magical rewind You can follow us on because.
Speaker 2: No joke.
Speaker 1: Serious doesn't Yeah it doesn't. I mean there's yeah. Okay, we're back at Willow's house, Willow's Willow finds her mom making a centennial banner for their farm. It's going to be one hundred years old in September. She tries to explain to her mom about Harvey and the pie, but her mom obviously doesn't believe her. Meanwhile, Willow's dad is on the phone with Weasel, hearing all about the water balloon incident. Willow tries to explain that Weasel was being a jerk to the new farmer, but her dad says it's no excuse. Next time he puts something other than water in those balloons, and don't miss and it's a nice little moment. Then we're at the gardening store. Harvey buys the best named tool you can a hand hoe from the cashier. He asks if Harvey is digging up a few weeds, but Harvey explains no, He's got a lot of plowing to do. The cashier suggests a bigger tool, but Harvey has already walked out. We're now back at that same cafe. Some of the customers note that Harvey, the new farmer, must be stupid. He sure picked the wrong town to move into. The gardening store clerk enters and tells him about the new guy's hand ho and basically calls him insane. One customer, Crystal, asks Maggie for another slice of pie, and Maggie wonders if she's still on a diet, which is hands down the meanest thing I've ever heard of waitress ever say to a cotomer. Ever, Maggie then offers only one last cup of coffee to the customers because of the drought, Tom coming from the reservoir, reveals the town doesn't have more than two or three months of drinking water left. The mayor steps in and tells everybody to tighten their belts more. They have to conserve, and everyone timidly says sure. Then we go to Earl's house and Earl stands in a bathroom debating on whether or not to take a bath, especially because his arthritis hurts. We're at Crystal's house. She wants to make iced tea, so she turns on her hose to fill up with the jar without a care in the world. And then at Tom's he looks around and maybe the most egregious of all of them, starts to wash his truck. It's like, oh my god. But we're back at Earl's and he's soaking the tub, rubbing his hands. At least he has arthritis. The other girl wants to make something to drink. This guy just wants to wash his truck. It's like, wow, yikes, Do you are you a water waster? No?
Speaker 2: I think I'm pretty good about not wasting water. I take like, you know, like unless i'm like really like washing my hair. I take pretty quick showers and off my water every time, Like when I'm brushing my teeth, I don't keep it running. And I'm not convinced. I do hand wash dishes, and I've been told that it's better to just run your often. I don't believe it. My dishwasher runs for like three hours. Yeah, but it's the shortest time I can do.
Speaker 1: It always, does you get it uses like a certain amount of water? I think you do. I think it's true you save water by using this.
Speaker 2: It seems wild. I go back and forth because I'm like, it's still going like this. It irritates me that it takes that long, right, Like, yeah, the hand washing is just super quick, and I do I do like a certain amount of water, Like I feel like I do it.
Speaker 4: I kind of convince myself that I'm more, you're doing it better, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Gotcha. I used to be a horrible water waster. I used to take really two or three forty five minute shours a day a day, Yeah, a day. And that was years ago. And then when the drought got really bad, Like, I.
Speaker 2: Can't do this swimming in mud baths? Why would you need?
Speaker 1: No? I would. I would sit at the bottom and read a book. Have we never talked about my weird shower habits? Do we only talk about this on pod mets World? Yeah? So I would literally sit at the bottom of the shower and let it rain down on me and hang out the side and read a book. And I do that a couple times a day. Yeah, I haven't done that in years because I felt I just got felt guilty wasting the water. So yeah, I just don't do it anymore. Thank you, yeah, thank you for.
Speaker 2: I felt like you take a shower every once in a while.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was a balance though, because I have no grass, like my entire my whole yard is sustainable plants and rocks. So it's like I wasn't using water there. But my house is also surrounded by water, Like you walk over a pond to get into my house, and then the backyard there's a pool, Like I'm surrounded by water. Okay, so I was a water wasted for a long time. I've gotten way better, Like those those things used to come in the mail that are like in the red like you're using ten times the water most people you are.
Speaker 2: I've never been so oh yeah, and so know you goied, oh yeah, oh everybody does.
Speaker 1: You don't get to like where you are your water usage compared to other houses your size. And now I'm right down the middle, rotten where I'm supposed to be. But for years, back in like the early two thousands, I was not. I was not a good person with water. So I've made sure that now I take, like, you know, two ten minute showers a day. I take one in the morning if I work out, and one later. I'm like, I don't sit at the bottom anymore. I don't read books in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fight somewhere else to read your dude.
Speaker 1: I did. It was a big change.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, when you deal with anxiety, you look for the places that where you're like the most relaxed. And that to me like sitting in a warm shower or you know, if I take a hot tub something like that, that's like and I don't have a bathtub. I fight a bathtub. I take baths, but I don't have one. So anyway, we're off on a weird tangent.
Speaker 2: So but you know what not But yeah, the drought, the drought here is serious. Taking a bath is like.
Speaker 1: Taking a bath is in But washing your truck, Come on, washing your truck is just insane. And apparently he was doing it like every day. It's crazy. We're back in Harvey's field. The kids are hiding behind a man's truck to see what the new neighbor is up to. Marcy says he's probably planting alien pods. Harvey spots the voyeurs out of the corner of his eye, but just smirks and continues working. Mister Mayfield asked if he's digging for water, but Harvey says he's plowing. Mayfield is bothered by the weird response and says that he may have to put up a fence. Then he walks away. Well. Now Willow's house, Jake tells his wife that he has no idea how they're going to pay the bills plus the mortgages due Casey asks if they can get an extension, and Jake says he can talk to the bank. She's skeptical of selling the farm, but Jake says if they get foreclosed, then they have nothing. If they can get the bank to at least buy the land or part of it for half of what it's worth, then at least they can start over somewhere else. The farmer's been in their family for ninety nine years, eight months, and twelve days. They need to work this out because she's not going to give it up. Now. Back at Harvey's farm, Charles, Marcy, and Willow are walking alongside his new fence. Charles assumes he's building a fortress, and Marcy thinks he's hiding something like again alien pods and doesn't like it one bit. Inside, Harvey's putting the finish and touches on his fence and mister Mayfield once again asked what his new neighbor is doing. Harvey says he's installing a fence, just like Weasel a lot of them to. At the same time, the kids realize Harvey is planning on growing something in the yard.
Speaker 2: Do you have any weird neighbors or any No, I actually get along.
Speaker 1: No, I get along pretty well with my neighbors.
Speaker 2: Do you I have one neighbor. I wouldn't say she's weird or necessarily nosy, but she's very in the No, she is she knows everything.
Speaker 1: That's oh yeah we have those. Yeah, she's got.
Speaker 2: I've got there's a couple of them. I live in a track that has an older demo and yeah, I mean I love it. She's like it's like having a like a watcher around, you know, like, yeah, so if anything weird happens around my house, She's sending me text messages and I'm like, no, it's like it's okay, it's fine. Someone that yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are very close. Neighborhood as well, like everybody knows everybody. We're all on a text chain like that kind of yes. Yeah, so everyone's in the nose. Everyone's in the No, not the nose, that'd be weird. We're back at Earl's shop. Earl is playing checkers with himself, which is not a euphemism. Harvey enters looking for corn seed. When he finds a bag, he pulls out just one kernel. He takes a long look at it, puts it by his ear and weaves it in his hands. I'll take this one. Earl's confused, you want to buy just one seed? Harvest's no, and then goes to the bag, one kernel at a time, separating what he thinks good from what he thinks is bad. Nosy people are starting to watch through the window. Later at Harvey's farm, Willow and Marcia are standing on Charles's back to look over the fence. Willo confirms he's getting ready to plant something, and then they all fall down. And when Willow gets up and reclaims her position of espionage, he's already finished. What it's like. Is he a wizard? We don't know, but I will tell you that we also don't ever find out at Maggie's cafe. The Crystal wonders what the seed business was all about yesterday, and Earl says the new guy is a lunatic and I'm cue. Harvey walks into the cafe. Maggie so startled she overfills Earl's coffee cup. Harvey then orders a black coffee to go with no sugar. Maggie says they don't have to go cups, but if Harvey promises to bring the regular cup back, he can take it. He promises, and then introduces himself. Tom gets right to the point and asks what his plans are in Waterton. Harvey says to farm, but Tom breaks it to him that'll be hard because of the drought. Harvey and Sissy won't be needing any water, and Maggie gives him coffee on the house, Welcome to Waterton. He thanks her, then leaves, and everyone else in the diner immediately starts gossiping. Maggie tells them to shush because she likes him. Then we see quick clips of Maggie, Earl, and Tom all ordering coffee with some food to go for Maggie. No one appears to be taking this water ration seriously at all. Meanwhile, Charles, Marcy, and Willow are walking to Harvey's farm. Willow just wants to figure out how he planted those seeds so fast. Charles and Marsty lift up Willow to look over the fence, and Mayfield immediately shoes them off the property. In the melee, Marcy and Charles fling Willow over the fence and she lands on Harvey's property, Now surrounded by growing stalks. She feverishly crawls to hide, but then lays eyes on mister Harvey, who's busy gardening. He just laughs and smiles. Then, of course, mister Mayfield knocks on the fence door looking for the little girl. Harvey says she ran out the other side of the fence, but invites Mayfiel inside to help with the gardening, but he says not in this lifetime and walks away. While still hiding, Willow looks up to see a gaggle of balloons covering the field. Yes, balloons have grown in the field, and you might be asking what, and you'd be right. Willow is shocked and starts spinning amongst the crops. Elated, she finds an orange balloon she really likes and then runs through the field only see Harvey sitting his porch really creepily rubbing a yellow balloon. Again not a euphemism. What were you thinking by this point?
Speaker 2: I was just gonna put him note down of I thought he just like tied the balloons on the cornstock and that this was like somehow helping the corn grow. I did not in any way understand that this was him growing balloons. It obviously looks like a cornstock, so I thought it was like this is a new way of growing balloons, Like you put these balloons on it and it helps pull them up. I don't know, but in no way will did I understand, realize or catch on that. I just slow over here. I don't think you, like literally, I didn't realize he was like growing balloons because, as it makes sense, why would you want to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's grumballoons. He's grumbloons. Is what's is what's happening, It's what happened.
Speaker 2: What did you think this was?
Speaker 1: I thought? I thought, I the guy I bought my acid from really undersold it, like, oh, yeah, this is this is good. Oh that's what I thought. No, it was I was like, what what's actually happening, and like the scenes are, they're very clipped. You go back and you watch and then just like a scene will end and you're like, oh, okay with the guess that scene's done. It's just it was really strange, really.
Speaker 2: Strange, and you didn't mention or ask. You usually ask when there's some type of like.
Speaker 4: Magical question effects.
Speaker 2: Thing, but like she did not in any way. I mean, I don't know if that's just the time, but like her flying over and landing into the crops, like didn't look good at all. Oh, of course not, it was really not.
Speaker 1: Of course not. It looked better than it looks later, which we'll get into, but anyway, Uh, Willow walks right up and introduces herself. She asked if the balloon is a real plant. Harvey says, yes, but this one needs a little extra care. And this is when I went, wait, wait, he's wait, wait, he's growing, he's growing these Oh it's a balloon Far gets a balloon farm. He needs to replant this one and asks if Willow wants to help. Now out in the field, Willow emits it's the strangest thing she's ever seen. It puts missus Mayfield's two hundred pound watermelonto shame, especially since nothing really grows around Waterton anymore. Then she just asks him, are you an alien? He laughs and says no, so she asks if he's magic. He insists he's just a farmer. But Willow still doesn't get it. How did he grow balloons? Harvey says, sometimes you just have to use what you have, and then everything starts out as a seed. But the stuff he talks about where he's like like that tree, well, yeah, the tree started as a seed. A balloon does not. Yeah, so it was a weird analogy. It's like everything starts as a seed. Well not balloons. They don't start his seeds everything. But seriously, yeah, she never thought of herself as a seed before, but it's true she's grown like a plant. Well of course, with that, Willow says goodbye to Harvey and asks what he's going to do with all those balloons, and he holds up aside that reads balloons sale tomorrow. Moments later, at Maggie's cafe, Willow runs inside shouting the good news, I saw all the colors of the rainbow at the new farmer's place. She has no idea how he did it without water. Tom's confused. He grew a new crop overnight without water? Yes, he grew balloons. Everyone laughs and she runs out in embarrassment. At Willow's house, she tells her and dad all about what's at Harvey's. Her dad jokes that he should bring his magic wand over to their field, because if he can grow balloons, plain corn should be no problem. Willow says he can see it for himself tomorrow at the balloon sale. The next day, at Maggie's cafe, Willow runs in to tell everyone about the balloon sale. She doesn't care if they believe her, because if they don't go, they'll miss out. Eventually, everyone leaves to go check it out, and now we're at the balloon farm sale. Willow arrives at the fence and Harvey lets everyone from the town inside. They're all flabbergasted by the field of balloons. Willow's dad admits his crops look like the county fair. The kids all are having a blast walking through the field, but Charles isn't sold. He thinks Harvey could have stayed up all night tying these balloons to the socks. Uh huh, that's it, right, Marcy still thinks he could be an alien and that these are pods, willow spots, and orange balloon and exclaims Orange Ray's son my favorite color. Tom notices that the leaves of the balloon are real. The sheriff even apologizes for pulling him over, then ask for another pecan pie. Everyone wants to know how much of the balloons cost. Nobody's talking about like, hey, did you grow balloons? No one asks how'd you grow balloons? And all they're.
Speaker 2: Acting like they they're the awe that they have about this is acting like there's like what what do you think that number would be? Like maybe like a hundred balloons? You think it's like one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah there, yeah, one hundred and fifty balloons.
Speaker 2: Maybe this like to I mean just in general, balloons in general, like it would take like hundreds of units, Like oh my, this is like, oh my, there's so many. There really was the like crop really wasn't.
Speaker 1: That big, No, but it was balloons. Sabrina, I think more of the point.
Speaker 2: I know, But I'm just sitting there going like this is.
Speaker 1: You're so jaded by how people growing balloons. You're like he only grew like a hundred balloons. That so late when you when you grow exactly. Wow, we have officially broken Sabrina for movies, which is like, yeah, call me when you grow like ten thousand balloons.
Speaker 2: This is easy, easy, Seriously, don't you think as far as the set goes, so they had.
Speaker 1: I was pretty impressed with the number of balloons they had. Sabrina did elevated.
Speaker 2: Show me a half a thousand, at least five hundred balloons when you get some real reactions.
Speaker 1: I'd also like to point out I've never ever heard of it five hundred called half a thousand before. At least show me half a thousand. I don't know where that came from. Show me three quarters of one thousand, and then we'll talk. So flabber you are. I think it's crazy. It's half a thousand. Everyone, of course wants to know how much the balloons cost, cause why not, and Harvey says ten dollars each, which everyone thinks is expensive, but Willow's mom still wants one even though money is tight. This is one of the most amazing things she's ever seen. Ten dollars for this type of magic is a good deal. And then others start to purchase balloons two, Earl buys one and the mayor buys three. Weasel Mayfield judges everyone, telling families they can't be throwing their money away, and then grabs a balloon and pops it. The balloon deflates, flying through the air and eventually knocking off Weasel's hat. Harvey says that'll be ten dollars, but Weasel says he'll have to sue him and walks out. The mayor announces he just got a call from a firm that's sending a rep to Waterton tomorrow. They'll need to meet at the church at noon. That night, we're in Willow's bedroom. Willow's playing with her balloon while her mother puts away some clothes. Her dad says it's time to go to bed, but will still confused about today. Her parents admit they don't know how the balloons grew there either, but let's buy them. As Willow falls asleep and her dad moves the balloon to the other side of the room, her mom says she still thinks it means Waterden is a very special place. Moments later, Willow's dad says these balloons don't make them feel special, they make them feel suspicious fair. Her mom argues that it's not every day that balloons grow, but brings her back down to earth by reminding her casey, balloons don't grow, and he said it right when I did. She's like, it's not every day they grow. And I'm like, no, they don't grow at all. And he said right when, right when I said the same thing. And they're like justifying it, like this is this is special. No, it's impossible and weird and it's weird and it's weird and it's weird and it's weird and it's weird. Uh. Back in Willow's bed. That's he's the guy that people go don't go to old man whatever Harvey's farm, like, don't let the kids anywhere near the balloon farmer. That's you know, and the idea that everyone's like, it's really special what he's doing. It was like what.
Speaker 2: But see watching him though in the way that he was like portraying this character, he was very likable. He wasn't really creepy.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to be like or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, he wasn't. It wasn't creepy.
Speaker 1: It's just it was a little creepy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a little it is in twenty twenty six, but in the nineties creepy for him to just be a nice like like he he wasn't mean to the kid. They're going onto his property, daring him, but like staring at her in the.
Speaker 1: Beginning while he like invents a pies like let me talk to you about my Peacan pie, and then like the Peacan pie appears, and it's just I don't know, there's a creepy factor of the whole thing. I don't know. I didn't you know what it is. Most of these movies I can buy into the magical elements, like I can buy into the mythos where it's like, oh my god, this is incredible, what's happening? And this one I was like, Nope, don't buy it. Weird. I just I didn't. It didn't at me. Very yeah, very strange all.
Speaker 2: The way around because it never became magic. I think, if it's gonna be magic, you need to see him like not the magic butcan pie, Like it needs to be like, yeah, like we know there's something about him, like that heat is magic.
Speaker 1: They try to they try to cover it by him constantly. The line he says a couple of times, which is it's not what you see, it's what you believe. So they're trying to have their cake and eat it too, where it's like, we don't want you to see the magic. We want you to believe in the magic, so we don't have to show you the magic. And it's like I want, I want to want to, Yeah, I want to see the magic or else you're just the creepy guy growing.
Speaker 2: Balloon somehow, and it yes, I need it doesn't make sense, shows too weird.
Speaker 1: It's too weird, yes, but what's not weird? As Willow is sleeping when the balloon makes its way to Willow's bed, waking her up, she asked the balloon what's going on and how it got there? She assumes it was cold in the corner, and then the blue nods and quietly mumbles she shocked the balloon understander, Then it nods again. She knows they have to keep it a secret, so she tucks the balloon under the covers in bed with her and falls to sleep with her balloon.
Speaker 2: So the balloon is, I can't A balloon is now becoming like a comfort toy, a comfort like a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and is in bed with her, and I will say this. I've I downloaded that new duelingo app to speak balloon because I'd like to know what they're saying. And so far I'm getting there. I'm pretty happy. I'm three. I'm three lessons in I can say my name is Will, where is the bathroom? And can I have another beer? All in balloon.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do think.
Speaker 2: Kids probably do stuff like weird, like you know what I mean with certain objects. A balloon is just really far out, Like my kids love balloons. I hate it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't like balloons.
Speaker 2: Yes, with my kids, I've never I will as soon as someone gives my like if it's only if they're only giving them one, I'm really irritated because now they're gonna fight. If they get two balloons, then it's like it's only a matter of time that Ledger pops his and he goes for Monroe's and then they're gonna fight. I ate a balloon.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get balloon. I'm gonna have a whole bunch of balloon stuck at your house. I'm gonna have half a thousand sent to your house.
Speaker 2: Like and he is crazy with them. It is just like bouncing he hits him so hard and essentially he pops it and then he goes from and as soon as he does, you just see Monroe's face drop, like, well, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna come for mine again. That's why I'm gonna send you half a thousand. It's gonna you're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the only way I'm gonna be impressed.
Speaker 1: Exactly, there's a half a thousand. Uh. The next morning, at Weasel's house, he's looking out the window at the balloon farm. He wonders, who does he think he is, some fancy schmancy farmer getting people all stirred up like fools. So he decides to call the FBI. They need send to send somebody down to investigate. On the other side of the phone, the operator whispers to a coworkers so he's calling again. He tries to explain there's a new armor growing things with no water. When he reveals its balloons, the operator hangs up. It's a meeting time now at the church. The townspeople have arrived and the mayor introduces mister Kindley, which again if you read it as mister Kindly and it's like, uh huh, a representative for a firm interested in purchasing their land. Kinley says that they can offer very competitive prices close to the original purchase value, but they need their decision by the end of the week. He leaves his business card so anyone can contact him. Now outside the church, everyone's wondering how much they can get for their properties. Something they're lucky to get anything. Casey reminds them balloons don't just grow, and yet they grow and water, and that's a sign of things that are about to change. Okay, Casey, sell your land.
Speaker 4: Get out, guys, get out.
Speaker 1: Now, get out. At Earl's shop, Harvey is going through the colonels again, deciding which ones are good and which ones are bad. Will is watching the process and asks how he knows the difference. Harvey says he can just feel it when he finds good kernels. As he leaves, gives Maggie hands him a to go cup of coffee it's still in the house. With that, he returns the original coffee cup and she thanks him with a kiss on the cheek. Harvey, was it on the cheek? Will? Was it on the cheek? She give him a little ki It looks.
Speaker 2: To me and I rewind it going what we're like kissing now, Like that's so weird, Like they got in a relationship, Like it looked like it did not look like kiss.
Speaker 4: It looked like a smooch.
Speaker 1: You know that leads to bloon jobs. Gotta be careful, I'm telling you, don't get me started. Harvey leaves and everyone's now treating him like a celebrity. We're at Harvey's house. Willow asked if there's anything she can do to help. He says it's getting pretty late and she should head home. She's mad he won't let her help plant the seeds, but he explains again what I was saying. It's not about what you see, but what you believe, which is a nice way of saying, we're not gonna let you see any of the magic. You just have to imagine it. Show me the magic. Later at Willow's house, her and her family are eating dinner. Willow reveals that Harvey kicked her off the farm today, and her dad says he's probably just pulling a trick on everyone. Willi says it's not a trick, but her dad has already had it with this potter guy. He wishes he would just take his balloons and go away. He says it's stupid, and then Willow grabs her balloon and runs outside. Her dad follows her to the porch and says, look, he's sorry. The balloon isn't stupid, he's stupid. He asked for her forgiveness, and she asked if he can keep a secret. She reveals that her balloon is alive. It can fly around the room. It understands her when she talks. She asks her dad if he believes her, and he says, yeah, of course I believe. Would you believe your kids if they said they had a talking blue? I would say, oh wow, okay, fair enough, that's amazing, and then be like no, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: No, Like at the age right now, if Monroe told me her blue Maa is a little.
Speaker 1: Old, she's like twelve, twelve?
Speaker 2: Don't you think she's twelve?
Speaker 1: How long do you think she's nine? Really? Yeah? You think she's supposed to be nine or ten? Okay, yeah, but like.
Speaker 2: A little old to be like, okay, your balloon's talking. But if like Monroe said that right now.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, what.
Speaker 2: Five o?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fine, Like she's five, so.
Speaker 2: It's like I would be like, what, wait, I can't understand how learn how to do balloon talks, Like I would like to do that. Yeah, isn't it. But like if she was the age of Maara, it'd be like.
Speaker 1: No, be like, yeah, we gotta call somebody, we gotta Oh no.
Speaker 2: I would just be like okay, yeah, okay, okay, already go.
Speaker 1: To your room. Later, in the parents' bedroom, Jake is pacing around. He can't believe Potter is telling Willow that the balloon is alive. He thinks his time. He had a little talk with the balloon farmer. The next day at the farm, Harvey hears knocking just as he drops a full lemon and a jar, and we hear a magical ring. He opens the gate and it's actually Casey, not Jake. She says she and her husband are concerned about what he's been telling Willow about the balloon being alive. He offers her a tastes of the sweetest, most tangy lemonade and they walk inside. She takes a sip and agrees it's incredible. Casey thanks him for all he's done to lift their spirits and give them some hope. They cheers, and he tells her to bring Jake next time, but she says he's more of a coffee man. Casey tells Jake all about the really good lemonade. He says, we'll see about that and heads to Harvey's himself. Moments later, back at the balloon farm, we see Harvey now drops a single coffee bean into a jar just as Jake is about to knock on the gate. So obviously the guy's magical. We just don't ever learn how Harvey beats him to it, and says hi. Jake's not quite sure what Harvey's up to, but he can't tell Willow that balloons are alive. But wait, what's that smell? Jake is intrigued by the aroma. They sit down to have some of the great smelling coffee, and Harvey reveals it just takes one special bean. That's when Jake admits it's the best cup of coffee that he's ever had. We're now at Earl's house. He's in the bathroom again, contemplating a bath. Still in arthritic pain, he sure could use a soak, and that's when the yellow balloon pops up and touches his hand and Suddenly he feels better. So the balloons also cure diseases. Yeah, apparently. We're now at Crystal's house. She's trying to turn on her frost, but balloon keeps getting the way. Crystal gets mad and follows it around the house, unable to catch it. The cat and mouse game becomes really fun and physical for Crystal. Is she ever going to catch it? And she's just chasing it around the house. Where Now at Tom Williams's house, his blue balloon floats right in front of his truck as he pulls into the driveway. When his wife greets him, she notices, Oh, you fixed your truck, but Tom says he didn't. He's confused. The balloon also can do mechanics. He's a mechanic the balloon as well. The old Where now at mister Mayfield's the old neighbors looking at Harvey's bloon farm and calls the FBI again. The operator jokes that the FBI is no longer handling balloon fared cases balloom farm cases. He should call the CIA, he said, He's already called the CIA. She says goodbye and hangs up, So weasel the sides. He'll handle it. Himself. It's bloom Farm, It's now night. Harvey's sleeping and storing in a chair on his porch. Mayfield removes a piece of fence and seeks out of the property. He tries to grab something from Harvey's shirt pocket, but Harvey smacks him away, yet continues to snore. Mister Mayfield tries again and grabs a corn kernel, but this time Harvey opens one eyes, opens one eye and sees the intruder. We hear a magical sound, and the balloons all start attacking Mayfield, pushing him back to the side of the fence. Once he's forced onto his property, he has no idea what just happens, but he still has a corn kernel in his hand. Why not grow puppies? I don't know. At Maggie's Cafe, Maggie's forced to limit everyone to two cups of coffee, while Jake wonders what everyone is thinking about the investor's offer. But everyone's still just thinking about the balloons. Orl says his balloon brushed against his knuckles and cured as arthritis. He hasn't felt this good in fifteen years. Chrystal says she's lost five pounds in two days and her balloon is the reason. Tom says his balloon fixed his car, and Maggie says she's a new woman who wants to party, which is quite a change. Then mister Mayfield enters with bandages all over his face. He says he was attacked by the balloons, and everyone laughs, assuming he grew more balloons. Everyone rushes out to get to Harvey's. Mister Mayfield thinks everyone is dumber than a bucket of mud, but no one cares about his opinion. Okay, so here's another question. If if one of your balloons can fix your car, your arthritis, everything, why do you need to go buy more balloons? Your balloon is still magic and doing everything you need. Why do you need to spend more money on balloons?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't I'm just so confused at this point, confused by this movie. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I don't either. So we're back at thealloon farm. Everyone's buying more balloons, clearing out his crops again. Why do you need more? Crystal gets two dozen at ten dollars a pop, and then a mysterious person pops up and takes a polaroid from behind the fence. We're now outside the cafe. The mayor is standing on a podium next to Harvey. He presents the new local with a key to the city and thanks him for bringing joy and happiness back to Waterton. Everyone celebrates. We're now Willow's house. Willow's balloon is longingly watching Willow from the window. She says bye, see you later, goodbye, and this is becoming a really strange relationship and waves to her helium pet before running.
Speaker 2: Off her helium.
Speaker 1: Bet, that's so good, it's this is okay. So the balloon, I'm just trying to get through at people, and I'm trying to get through it like I was when I watched the movie. I'll be honest with you, you know that I'm not normally this openly negative, but this one was just weird. It was it was yeah, now alone. The balloon flies downstairs, undetected, just as Jake and Casey enter through the front door. Jake says, Casey is putting her silly thoughts in other people's heads just so she can achieve the house centennial birthday, and that's just selfish. She says, She's not try saying this line people. She says, she's not selfish and maybe it's a little crazy, but isn't that what hope is? When Jake opened hope of what, hope of what she is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not sure like she why the balloons become so important to her, I don't I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I hope that something can grow because he's growing balloons, Hope that it's gonna make water.
Speaker 2: She's not talking about the balloons bringing back water in anything like. She's literally talking about just the balloons. And it's like, that's not still not going to help your farm and pay your bills, and.
Speaker 1: They're not doing It's not like they're the The other farmers are looking what he's done, and that's given the idea to try to use their land for other things. And now they're growing other stuff and wow, the town's booming. No, it's just it's giving us hope, hope for what that what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: The point, it's hope for the rain, hope which is never mentioned. No, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's a hope for what. I didn't get what the hope is. Jake then opens the fridge and the balloon sneaks into the refrigerator, and when he reopens it, it then sneaks out. Must have wanted a snack because it didn't do anything. Jake then leaves the house and the balloon is secretly following him, but the balloon stem gets stuck on the door. When he tries to pull away, the door makes a noise. Jake turns around, but the balloon just avoids detection. Jake's confused but walks away, only for the balloon to come out from a bush and float around to the back of the house. We're now at Harvey's house. We see an empty pitcher, now with a new lemon in and on the on the table. Harvey's inside on the phone while Willow peeks through the window listening in. Harvey is talking to somebody about the upcoming foreclosure, so Willow gets upset and walks away. We see that the picture is now filled with lemonade. We also see that Willow's escaped orange balloon is flying over an empty field. We're outside a neighbor's house now with and the investor is promising a fair offer to a family, but he keeps getting nudged by a blue balloon. He eventually walks away and tells his partner that by the end of the week, everyone is going to be selling. The partner hopes so because the waste companies won't wait forever to build their toxic garbage jumps. And then as they try to drive away, Willow's orange balloon blocks the car from leaving. What person stops their car because a balloon is in front of it?
Speaker 2: I think if a balloon came out of nowhere, it would make me make me stop my car.
Speaker 4: Just because like that's you'd stop for a balloon.
Speaker 2: Really, I wouldn't like stop, but if it if I was driving and maybe like looking over to the side or looking to possibly turn in like a balloon, I would maybe like it might be okay, I'm not gonna be like yes exactly, I would.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like a bird or something. But this is a guy who's like, damn balloon, get out of my way.
Speaker 2: And it's like just dry drive. Your windshield can go over your car like a balloon.
Speaker 4: Ry.
Speaker 2: I do get being startled because but.
Speaker 1: Then he's like sitting there and there like trying to get out of her way. He gets a balloon. Dude, just drive, just yes, hit the gas. Yeah. So the investor wonders what's up with the balloon and eventually finally runs it over, but the balloon doesn't pop. It just rolls underneath the car then flies back to Willow's house, where she's just entered her bedroom. She sees the orange balloon, now with a tire mark on it. She asked what happened, and then we see her playfully washing it in a bucket like it's a shaggy dog. We're back at the cafe. Willow, Charles, and Macy are playing with the gumball machine when Mayfield walks in and places a pot on the table. There it is take a good look. I got the seed off Potter himself. He says he planted it a few days ago and there have been no balloons. Potter's a fake. Maggie tells him not to spread nasty rumors in the cafe, but Mayfield thinks he's figured it out. Potter is scamming them in a dire time. Meanwhile, Willow reveals to Charles and Marcy that they heard Harvey on the phone with the bank saying something about it for closure. That's when Weasel overhears this and feels vindicated. I knew it, I knew it. Earl and Tom leave for an explanation. The noise in Tom's car appears again as he drives off, and Willow thinks this is all her fault. Then we see Earl, Crystal, and Maggie releasing and popping all of their balloons because the balloons didn't solve the problem of the town where now willows her dad tries to get rid of the orange balloon, but it just won't leave. It keeps coming back, but eventually it just flies off into the sky. And he's going like, go on, get out of here. I mean, they're all treating them like dogs. They're balloons. People outside Maggie's cafe, Charles tells Marcy and Willow he's going to pop all the balloons, but Willow says she won't and runs home, And when she gets to her bedroom, she realizes her balloon is gone and yells no. At the balloon farm, Harvey opens the gate to see all the neighbors have arrived. He informs them that he's sold out. Earl says they want their money back. Harvey says they can get a full refund, but they have to bring the balloons back. Tom tells them they don't have the balloons, and Harvey sticks to his policy, no balloons, no refunds. A sheriff says he'll take care of this, but Harvey just shuts the gate in his face. We're now at Willow's house. Casey tells Jake he didn't have to get rid of the balloon, but he thinks there are more pressing matters you think, like the offer they just got from the investor. They have no choice but to sell. She reminds him that her name is on the deed, so he doesn't have much of a say. He says he's focused on feeding his family all the while. Willow is listening at the top of the stairs, but she's hurt enough and runs to her room. She's laying on the bed when her dad enters. He's sorry about the balloon, but he didn't have a choice. What mister Potter did was wrong. Willow asks if he still loves Mama, and he says, of course, they just haven't been seeing eye to eye lately. Willow knows that they can make it as a family, no matter where they are and what happens, and her father wishes her sweet dreams. We see Harvey driving through Waterton and the sheriff pulls him over again. Again, the sheriff is in a completely different movie. The officer pulls out a sign and places it in front of mister Potter's truck. It reads road closed. He asks to see Potter's driver's license and notice that he still hasn't fixed his license plates, and mister Potter admits he doesn't have a driver's license and asks if the sheriff wants a pie. But the sheriff just wants the balloon farmer to leave and go far, far away. He claims no one wants there, and if they could throw him in jail, he would. Mister Potter takes the citation and says thank you. Back at the diner, Maggie marks another X on the calendar. There's only two days left. I know, I know, we're kidding. I wish I had my emotional support balloon to help me. Oh man, that'd be so great. And when I got into a fight because I couldn't bring my emotional support balloon on the plane and it was a hole, didn't have the right vest. Yeah, So Earl asked for another cup of coffee, but Maggie says he's already had his two. This turns into a bickering about how much water everyone's using, and Maggie warns them to stop fighting or get out. Willow, Charles and Marcy sit outside watching as everyone leaves, still fighting. Charles blames Potter he ruined everything and it's time they do something about it. Charles and Marcy run off, and Marcy has no idea what the plan is, because what's the plan? I mean? It's later at the bloom Farm, Charles is painting the word cheat on mister Potter's fence. It pans over to show the other kids writing other mean words like crooking, thief, and throwing tomatoes. Charles spots Potter's truck and yells it's him. The kids start throwing tomatoes at his car, so Charles and Marcy give Willow a tomato to throw. She's about to hurl it, then she puts it down. She insists Harvey's balloons are real, but now okay? Is she also the only one that can talk to the balloons? Is everyone else talking to their balloons? So if they were, then why would they pop them? Right? So?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know they nobody. It seems like people feel like the balloons are helping their lives, like with the weight loss and my arthritis and all this stuff. But they're because I guess they're adults. They're the only ones talking. We never see Do we ever see Charles and her other friend no with a balloon?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: So it's just her that we get to see as a child. The adults don't have the talking thing. But like as a child, maybe you know, adults aren't as a tune to like childlike things like realizing anything like that.
Speaker 1: So I also think they're setting it up to where she's him because then well meaning she has the same powers that he does, because at the end she talks about she has one lemon and she can make lemonade, and so maybe she has kind of the same power he does, the power of being confused.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: We skipped it. Then we talked about it, but went right over it. When she goes to his window and hears him talking before she goes there on her way, she's the one that bumps the lemon into the picture.
Speaker 1: And then she's also got it. Got this weird magic, okay, is what it is, which is why she can talk to the balloon.
Speaker 2: She needs to find the magic though apparently I don't know.
Speaker 1: But it's all about hope, Sabrina, It's about hope. How do you not know that it's about.
Speaker 4: Hope because I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, I have no idea what's happening either. I have no idea what's happening. And now my acids starting to really kick in, and I'm seeing like different collars and I'm just tripping balls at this point. So yeah, Charles realizes that she's on his side, the side of the old farmer, and he turns around and leaves her. Harvey walks into his house, and then Willow leaves defeated. At Sue and Tom Johnson's house, Casey arrives and asks what happens. Sue points to a foreclosure sign. They took everything. Sue blames Casey for being selfish about her centennial and telling people to spend their savings on balloons. How many balloons at ten dollars a piece did this family buy to lose their farm?
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I was, and I didn't know if I saw them by more like when other people were getting more whatever. But like you're talking, I mean not listen, these people are going through a lot there, ten dollars a lot.
Speaker 1: When you're when you're strapped.
Speaker 2: Understood totally, but like to blame someone else for the fact that you, as an adult, decided to buy these balloons, knowing your own budget. Why the hell are you mad at Casey?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The most ridiculous that I was almost screaming at me.
Speaker 1: I mean, because like, you buy ten thousand dollars worth of balloons? Did you buy it half a thousand balloons.
Speaker 2: And an crazy amount? Or even if you bought, you know, twenty balloons and you really only have five hundred in the bank right now? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: What are you doing doing?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Like, and if the balloons are magic and they're solving problems, why do you need more than one that fixes your car and fix it? It's like, I don't get it, and they weren't. They didn't show them doing anything with the balloons where it's like, oh, I tie it's the funniest thing. I tied one out front to our mailbox and I got a letter from my sister I haven't heard of in three years. You know that like us them talking about it, but they don't. They didn't do anything with them. They did nothing with the balloons except these three. It was like, what is happening? Yeah, So Casey gets back into the car upset, and Harvey walks up to ask if she's okay. She says she's not fine and asks why he did this to them. He says he just wanted to help, but she thinks he robbed them blind. Harvey asks if she really believes that, and she says, yes, he robbed them blind and now they have nothing. She drives away and Harvey says, no, you just don't realize what you've got. And again, why can't this guy take one quarter and put it in a thing, and now he's got a ton of money because he takes one thing and make a ton of things, and that would actually help the people. Jake and Casey are arguing again. Casey tells him to call the investors. They're gonna sell Jake and sists she'll thank him later. We're now at FBI headquarters. The operator that Mayfield keeps calling receives an envelope with polaroids of balloon Farm and even a popped balloon, which again.
Speaker 4: Why would the FBI I care about.
Speaker 1: This in any way, shape or form. She looks at it like, oh, my god, we found him, or we've been looking for him, or the balloon guy's back, or it's full of cocaine.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the balloon bandit's back and he's robbering another farm. It's like, what the hell's happening. The FBI's involved, By the way, apparently all of this was added for the movie, Like, this is not on the writer who probably wrote a very nice little children's book about a guy who farms balloons. It's like, hey, it's like they took Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and involved the CIA. You know. It's like, well, there's ten meatballs there. My god, that's Jason Bourne, Like what the hell are you doing? Yeah, so again, don't blame I'm sure you read the children's book and it's probably a very nice, very basic probably answers yes, and you turn the page and it's like and then Harvey planted balloons and the little kid was able to fly with them, and the kids clap and go to sleep at night. But no, now it's like that we're going to lose our farm, and oh, my god. Right, So at Willow's house, the investors at the house talking to Jake the upcoming offer. Casey watches from the window, and Willow encourages her mom not to give up and remembers what she said, balloons just don't grow in any old place. They're special. Balloons don't grow at all. You don't they don't grow. No. Willow asks, you don't believe them anymore, do you? Her mom doesn't say anything, she just gives her a hug. In Willow's bedroom, now, she's woking by a noise at her window. It's the orange balloon. He's obviously been out partying. He's tied one on. He had the uber back to the house and is tapping in her window, like, dude, let me in. She's so happy it's back and gives it a hug, but lets it know. They have some big problems now downs Thank god the balloon's back to solve over the problems. Downstairs, her mom's on the portra and her dad's watching TV. Willow asked what Harvey would do. She decides he would make lemonade or pie or grow something the balloon and again I didn't get this either. The balloon makes a weird noise, and Willow understands it. She yells, that's it and kisses the balloon, so she's fluent in balloon by this point. Now we're at earl shop. Willow is outside with the balloon doing a little b and e. That's right. The balloon and her are breaking and entering, and they're doing the right thing. A little benny, little sneak and peek. We see earl leaves and they sneak in before the door shuts. Willow struggles dragging a bat of kernels out of the shop. It's too heavy, they're never gonna make it. That's when the balloon helps by wrapping its stem around the bag and dragging the bag along for her. They make it all the way to the field and realize they lost the seeds along the way. They only have one left. She asked what Harvey would do with only one seed. She decides to use a hose, and the balloon unlocks the water to make it work. So the balloon also is a lock pick, so it uses its stem to and I literally went, I'm by myself watching, So when I watch YouTube, I watch on my computer because I don't watch on a screen. I watch on because it's just dark in here and I can watch it. And Sue was in the other room and she just heard from the other room, Oh my god. Now the balloon's a block pick and she's like, what what are you watch doing? It was I was like, so, yes, the balloon picks the lock. Uh, and then wraps its stem around and turns on the sprinklers. So now they need water to grow, because before they didn't need water to a point, and now they do.
Speaker 4: None of this makes any sense. I mean, it's I you have lost me.
Speaker 2: I am so far gone. I am just looking at the time or how much long I know, and this painful experience.
Speaker 1: I will accept that the older I get. When I've read some comments, I don't read a lot of comments, but I've read some that are like, why why are they bashing old Disney movies? They're just supposed to be fun. Come at me all you want for this movie, if you have any leg to stand on without any of this makes sense, I would love to hear it, because none of it does. Uh, it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Well, they I mean again, now now we're out of rule. Now we've already seen They've they've established this rule that Harvey is able to grow something without water. That's a big aspect of the whole thing, the whole thing of him and his magic is to grow stuff without water, to just believe, and it grows on its own. But now they're using water.
Speaker 1: That's not well, this is no exactly, you just use all the water in the town when you didn't need the water.
Speaker 2: And especially since this character has now shown a few times that she also has the magic, So why couldn't she make it grow and do what? However, Harvey did it without growing using water.
Speaker 1: And why couldn't we Yeah, but the balloons are filled with water this time, but that it doesn't make any sense. But then why not grow water balloons originally just to help everybody, to help everybody, if that's the thing again? That was producer Mikaela. Yes, Mikayla, jump on, Mikaela. If you want to defend it, don't just leave a comment, jump on.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like, that's the only thing I can think of why they need water this time where you're struggling just as much as yes, she's she's reaching, she's reaching as far as.
Speaker 1: You don't get to just drop a comment walk out.
Speaker 2: That's when everyone got the whole point of the Internet. I'm gonna drop this comment and then I'm gonna let you be, let you fester in it. I'm gonna drop it right there.
Speaker 1: And but if that's all it takes, then why did he not do that at the beginning and and make everybody because they had to find it on their own.
Speaker 2: I don't I know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to just keep going. Uh. You know what's funny is I after I watched this movie, I watched the new Mortal Kombat too, which is not great, but it was like Citizen Kane compared to this. I was like, oh my god, this is the best film I've ever seen in my life. Yeah. Uh, So we're in Earl's shop. Now. The sheriff sees that the door is open, so he goes inside with a bunch of corn kernels on the floor, and he goes Potter and mister Mayfield's Now he's looking out the window with his binoculars and sees the sprinklers shutting off now, so he decides to call the sheriff. Because he's a little nitch. He's just so nuts. He's awful and now we're in a Crystal's house thanks to Willow's hose. She turns on the water, but nothing comes out, and we're at Willows now. Jake realizes that they also don't have any water when he's brushing his teeth, Just in time. Willow runs downstairs with their balloons, celebrating its return. Her mom and dad both look very disappointed, especially after they got a call that someone drained the reservoir. Willow tells her it's not what you think, and start to explain when there's a knock at the door. It's the investor. All they have left to do is sign on the dotted line, so Casey signs and Jake tells Willow to go to a room. She yells no, grabs the paperwork, and runs away. Jake gets in his truck and tells Casey to hop in. They are chasing after their daughter and maybe to try to run her over, which at the end I'd be like, Hey, it's something to do. The sheriff joins in on the chase in what we're now going to call et with balloons. Willow is then lifted into the air by the balloon in one of the worst effects I've seen in a d com and carried over the field. She's like standing straight with a big smile on her face. It is the craziest scene in the midst of crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, it's like the balloon has since within the last ten minutes or so, right, the balloon has been able to carry a big bag of corn. Now I've never held a big bag of corn, but I'm sure it's very heavy. Right, And a balloon, a single balloon, has done that. It has picked a lock and now has picked up a child yep, and flown her in the air.
Speaker 1: After by the way, telling her what to do, because it spoke to her and told her what to do. So this was like, this is what I was like, all right, OK, maybe this is the greatest film I've ever seen. Now this might have just become the best movie. This is a ten. However, we're going to rate it ten out of ten. It was like, what is going on? She sees a bunch of balloons have now congregated, and she lands in a field of balloons, realizing that whichever she did last night worked. She sees Harvey and runs to him, just as everyone from the town breaks through the gate Mayfield points to Harvey, there's the crook. The sheriff places Potter under arrest for illegal use of water and tells Willow she has him explaining to do. Willi says, Harvey's done nothing wrong. She was the one who drained the reservoir. She swears the balloons are what they've been waiting for, and just then and why it might be the craziest decom plot twist yet. The FBI crashes.
Speaker 4: Through the fence.
Speaker 1: None of this if you haven't seen this movie, Here comes the FBI for what.
Speaker 2: For one farm? What is because if they got a picture of the balloon farm like this polaroid, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: What's the crime?
Speaker 2: What's the crime?
Speaker 1: What is the Federal Bureau of Investigation with multiple teams and car and has Matt suits. Do they think it's an alien? Is that what it is? Is that what we're supposed to get is that they think it's otherworldly? It's so weird. They yeah, They get out of the cars and announce they're gonna take all the balloons from her people and has Matt Suits have begun wrapping caution tape around the bloom field and everyone's confused, including all the viewers of the movie. Willow's seen enough. She breaks the tape and runs into the field, and mercifully, the FBI shoots her dead. They roll credits end of movie. No, no, no, that's not what happens. No, it's not, it's not. The FBI tells, uh, yeah, so she breaks the field. It does. It's worse releasing all the balloons into the air. Harvey loves what he sees. The FBI tell Willow to handover a orange balloon. It belongs to them now. She hands it to an agent who lifts him into the air for a second before popping, causing all the balloons to float away, then exploding and start leaking water. The broken balloons have created rain. Everyone's cheering, and Marcy finally acknowledges they weren't pods after all. Jake apologize it's Casey and they hug and kiss. Willow rubs it in everyone's face. She knew all along. These balloons were special. The investor has Casey signature and just needs Jake to have a deal, but he's changed his mind. Mister Potter looks at the contract and the rain has ruined the signature and turned into a big smudge so Jake sarcastically says sorry, and the investor freaks out. He has twenty different waist companies breathing down his neck, and just like that, the FBI takes the investors away for questioning. They're arresting somebody.
Speaker 2: Not leaving this farm empty handed.
Speaker 1: I'm arresting something.
Speaker 2: It's gotta go someone with line up. I'm gonna pick out of you. You don't look cool, get in.
Speaker 1: You're pretty cool. Uh. Mister Mayfield realizes it's not raining on his field, that it's upset. Maybe he should have believed to had not just been a mister Potter tells him to look up, and it starts raining on his side too, and the old man is grateful and happy. It's now nighttime and Potter announces he's leaving. It's time for him to move on. They don't need their balloons anymore, and that's when Willow announces she's pregnant with the balloons child. They have their farms back, and they also have each other. He tells Willow he's counting on her to keep things right around here, and she says she's gonna miss him. Harvey Han's casey a piece of paper it's for their friends, the Williams. He bought the farm back with the balloon money, and that's why he was on the phone with the bank. Then why charge them for the balloons and drain all their savings so they can't make their payments just to go back and make their payments and get the farm.
Speaker 2: Back from Because you have to believe, hope.
Speaker 1: Sabrina, hope.
Speaker 2: You have to believe and you have to have hope.
Speaker 1: She asked, why he didn't just tell them, But will it remembers, because sometimes it's not what you see, it's what you believe. They all wave and say goodbye to Harvey. We see the water reserve is finally refilling thanks to the magic balloon rain. Though William's house is where we are now. The family's car is stuck in the mud in front of their house. When Casey and Jake show up, Casey hands them the paper just a little something from everybody, but really it was Harvey. So it feels like a bit of stolen valor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of yeah, you kind of trumped all over him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, okay, I'm trying to just.
Speaker 2: Literally didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: No, no, I guess to justify what it was was he took a little bit of money from everybody to buy their farm for them. But now they still don't have money, but now that it's raining, they'll be able to grow crops. Weird. Oh please, I know, Oh God, yeah, it finally stop raining. We're at the Johnson's. We see a sign that says Johnson Family Farm Centennial Celebration eighteen ninety eightnineteen ninety eight, one hundred years. Everyone is there to celebrate, and Willow, Charles, and Marcy are out by a cornstalk. Charles asked Willow if she's finally going to tell them how to grow a balloon, but Willow reveals she just uses what she has. She's just holding one lemon though, and asked if they want lemonade. Charles says sure, but that's going to take more than one lemon, but Willow says not the way she makes it and runs off. So she's magic too. Apparently. Somehow all the kids follow her inside, and the camera rises over the house where we see a massive field of balloons. So apparently we still need balloons. They've returned and that's our movie credits.
Speaker 5: Exhausted, can we do some real reviews, and somehow I have a five star review.
Speaker 1: I don't know how producers were able to find it, but they did. This is from Atarie, but writing on behalf of someone else. In twenty twenty one, Cohen, who just turned six, is submitting her first review. First, Cohen wants to say it was crazy. This is because the balloons grew on stalks. Second, Cohen wants to say she liked it. She liked it because the girl had a balloon that could talk, which was her favorite scene. Five stars.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will take that from a six year old.
Speaker 1: Fine, that's fine, that's fine, that's fine. I believe the six year old was watching a different movie, because even a six year old.
Speaker 2: Would be like, no, but yeah, there's no way Monroe would have gotten through that whole movie. No, she would have been out probably a good twenty minutes, maybe maybe gave you twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: I've got the one star here. It's our friend unamid Yes, who is today on Rotten Tomatoes, where it sits at thirty seven percent.
Speaker 1: How thirty seven percent of people thought this was good? I would never understand.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven percent will on Rotten Tomatoes, which I think is a pretty good place revitable gauge like you know, right, Yep, even as a child, I knew this was once, and I think our producer Mickayla basically gave that same review before we started.
Speaker 1: Yep, sure did. All right, Well, now we're gonna get to Sabrina's favorite portion. I don't even know what we're doing here. Oh it's called crop talk. With the success of balloons for farmers, we figured we could play another game of high low. We will be given a fruit or vegetable and a weight. We have to guess if the number is higher or lower than the actual official world record for that food size. Three out of five wins. Who are we playing with today? Is is it Mikaela Today? It is Mikayla yay, our balloon farm champion. All right, here we go first, up the pumpkin higher or lower than sixteen hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 4: It has to be lower to say higher.
Speaker 1: Really, those things can get pretty pretty damn big like that. You brought him with forklifts and stuff. Have you ever been to a county fair? You never had a pie over there the county fair.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a pumpkin that isn't more than just like, okay, well, what's correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Two eight hundred and nineteen pounds.
Speaker 1: See, almost three thousand pounds for a pumpkin that is wild and that nuts. Whoa number two? We're gonna look that up, you should we Number two is a watermelon four hundred and fifty point five pounds.
Speaker 2: I'd say higher. What what did she say? Their county one was two hundred?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to say I'm gonna stay higher. I mean four hundred and fifty point five. That's almost half a thousand. I'm going to say lower.
Speaker 2: God, I hope you forget that. Will is correct? It's lower?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Three hundred and fifty point five pounds?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Sound close to half a pounds, not.
Speaker 1: Even close to half a thousand. That's like a third of a thousand cucumber, seventeen point six pounds.
Speaker 2: A cucumber. Doesn't it become something else at that point?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 1: It's still a cucumber. It's just a big old cucumber. I'm gonna i'll go first year. I think that's low. I think I think the number is higher than seventeen point six.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I can't even fathom this. I just can't. I mean, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That pumpkin really threw you that punkin thru me.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll go higher then, because oh yeah, it's higher. Twenty nine and a half pounds.
Speaker 1: A thirty pound cucumber. Yeah my god. Yeah, so I already won. By the way, I will kill it. A prop to number four, jackfruit forty three point one jackfruit is like that big one you see at the supermarket. It's like spiny and it smells. Okay, that's jackfruit, Okay, forty three point one pounds. No, it's gonna there's there's a bigger jackfruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bigger one than that. Yes, correct, higher seventy six point three pounds.
Speaker 1: Wow. And finally a strawberry. That's how I like say it. Strawberry eighteen pounds.
Speaker 2: That seems crazy. If it's eighteen and we got twenty nine of a cucumber, you're taking this so s carry carry the one I was gonna say, I would just say lower. I'm gonna have an eighteen pounds drive.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing there it's bigger. It's gonna be like twenty six pounds or something.
Speaker 2: No will is wrong.
Speaker 4: Sabrina is correct, it's lower.
Speaker 2: Okay, point nineteen pounds?
Speaker 1: Wow? Wow did you win? I won? I think it doesn't matter. Can we do a Sabrina ces please and just get over this episode and then everyone get on with their day.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me say we things that we didn't. You really didn't the scenes of the naked man in the tub, You really didn't mess.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was just like, are you kidding? To me?
Speaker 2: It happened to us twice like once once is too many? Twice it happened in a d com, like in a dcom that was crazy. The Checkers by Yourself as more of a question, did you ever do that when you were little? I played Checkers by myself phone?
Speaker 1: No, I had friends, I guess I did it. Friends would like Checkers.
Speaker 2: I would play to like kind of practice. I think of like what I would do with this and changing like my my, what is it? Strategy? So that just made me think I wonder if anyone else did that, because it could looked weird.
Speaker 1: Ca Oh, it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: No that I told you about the kissing and I had already done that. I felt like the no balloon, no refund, they were so up justll it was like, of course, if you broke something, you don't get to, like or something happens malfunctions, any kind of product, you don't get to just say go to the person and say I want my refund, Like okay, fine, if it's a malfunctioning product, bring me it and I will give you your refund. They were so that was so dumb.
Speaker 4: That was just like a thing you did.
Speaker 1: Mention this.
Speaker 2: The cop towards the end says, you know, he goes license and registration or whatever, and he goes, you know, I don't have a license.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did he not? I think at the beginning he said I don't have a license, didn't he?
Speaker 2: You cannot drive without a license?
Speaker 1: You can?
Speaker 2: And that apparently, and the guy acting like, you know, I don't have one. I don't need a license. Yes you do, Yes, Yes you do, Yes you do. I talked about the savings like thing was like how much how many balloons did these people get for it to just like absolutely just drain their savings account. Last thing was and we didn't. We just brushed over it. But that fight that happens before the waitress kicks everyone out of the diner. Some of the things they were saying, like the woman that was eats cake and then the guy's like, oh and you have all that you need, all that lemonade to wash down your cage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sir, Oh my gosh, that was.
Speaker 2: It was brutal. I mean, hard times make you a jerk, I understand.
Speaker 4: But damn, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: We covered all the other crazy Now it's.
Speaker 1: Movie. We still score it. We're gonna I'm not even make a joke. One to ten one's the worst. Do we even need to talk about ten? The options this week? One to ten hot air balloons. I'm trying to think guy's name, weasel one out of ten, hand hose, one out of ten, shaming people about their diets, one out of ten, solo checkers, one at a ten, Alien pods, FBI plot twists, really good lemonade, fence tomatoes, or one out of ten trucks to run over your daughter? Which one you you can go? You can pick? I'm over this.
Speaker 2: I'm going with the hand hose.
Speaker 1: You're going to the hand hose? Yeah? Oh my god, Kayla's right. Mikhaela wrote, will would rather watch double Teamed over this? On a loop. I'd rather watch to have Double Team on a loop, just over and over and over again, be like, this is the nineteenth time I'm watching Double Team today. Who's rating first? It's me go for it? What do you listen?
Speaker 2: I think it's easy enough to say this was around that fuzz bucket world in the sense of just crazy and just I'm okay to go into that magical land and like, go there. I think for me and I talked about it briefly in the beginning. If this was a movie with children, and these children, like a child was was growing these balloons, the kids were buying it. If you changed the whole cast to just kids, I think I would have been okay.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree.
Speaker 2: I think I would have been fine. The fact that these were there was a predominantly adult cast with just one child who believed and one man who was making this.
Speaker 4: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't get myself to go there. It was too wild, too crazy. But again, I think if it was kids, I would have been fine. I would have not had as many notes in any way. But it wasn't. It was adults, and therefore this was just that crazy to me. It didn't make any sense there. I think there if I think the core of it, like what we said the book, there was no better way to do this book as a movie. And I I, you know, wait, I just I'm gonna leave it there. And I'm scoring this four hand hose.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, four hand hoses. That's generous. I've made it. I've made no secret of the fact that I did not like this movie. This movie is super weird. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal cast, the phenomenal I was just thinking to myself, like, what a waste to have this cast together and phenomenal that had.
Speaker 4: A great movie.
Speaker 1: Ye love them all. No problems with the cast whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Everything it wasn't bad, nothing like it was everyone to all did their job. But they all did their job.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I didn't get anything about this movie. This might be my lowest score ever. I'm giving this two hand hose. Uh, this was not I didn't I didn't get anything. I didn't get anything about this movie. I don't. I don't understand it. I didn't. I don't. I don't get it, like any part of it.
Speaker 2: I break it down.
Speaker 1: It's about hope, hope for what what are they hoping the balloons are gonna do? Yeah, in what way? It wasn't It was making their lives better in that Yes, it fixed your the balloon fixed your car. Let me say that again, the balloon fixed your car. But what what's happening? What's going I didn't understand this movie. I don't. I don't understand how this got the green light that we made, how this was the script They went, Okay, we got it, let's start shooting. Like I don't, I don't get It's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Like I said, because I was so like, so excited to watch these actors.
Speaker 1: The cast.
Speaker 2: Maara is one of the most adorable young actresses.
Speaker 4: That was out there.
Speaker 2: This is one of the best casts on a loop legit, one of the best casts we've had for one of the best casts.
Speaker 1: We've ever had in a movie. And this is what they used them for. And I was just like, I didn't and it could be somebody could write us and be like, you guys are so wrong. This movie was about blah blah. It was based on the n and maybe we missed it as justin movie where you sit down and you watch it. This was crap. I mean, this is really bad. None of the story made any sense. None of what they were doing made any sense. It was just and you know what, it kind of tried to be like. And I don't know which one came first. I think I think this probably came first. But there is like one of my favorite movies which is geared towards young people, which again has an amazing cast, which we have to do on this because it's a Disney movie is Holes with Shila buff Oh. That movie. The magic in that, the whimsy in that it's about rain. Do you know that it hasn't rained in the desert in forever and it rains again and they're cutting back. That movie is amazing, like a ten out of ten. Every time I see that movie, I'm like, Wow, kid's movie done right. The adults are great, there's this whimsy to it, it's magic. It was incredible. Then you do something like this and it's like what.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: And this week, ooh, we're gonna have to have a frank talk with this man. But he's a friend of mine, so I'll be able to talk to him as a friend. Returning guest from Balloon Farm, Adam Wiley himself is going to come on and tell us what the hell happened? Did you know? He can hopefully help and hopefully do some magic magic tricks for us too. Yeah, we love seeing that, so very excit. So make sure to check out Adam's return on the show. You're gonna hear more stuff like this.
Speaker 3: We shot it all on King's Ranch. We didn't not shoot in Canada at all. I moved down the street from there during the pandemic, so I go. There's still often because they have the pumpkin carving there now the Knights of the Jack every single year, so I get to revisit the set of Balloon Farm every single year if I want to, which is super cool. I drive by it all the time. There you go.
Speaker 1: He was awesome. And you can also check out our older park Opper bonus episode stuff like that exclusively on our dedicated magical rewind feed. Just search for us wherever you get your podcast, and make sure to subscribe so you never min another episode. Go have the rest of your day now, because yike, drink some lemonade.
Speaker 2: Drink, enjoy the.
Speaker 1: Day and enjoy yourself. Balloon Farm.
Speaker 2: We made it well, We did it.
Speaker 1: Bye, every buddy,